Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news. This is Daniel Ives of Webbush first of all, rocketed out of Las Vegas with Aston Martin. For those of you on radio, he's got the real jacket on, like the kind of land Alonzo. We're in all that. What in Formula one with all the excitement Apple taking over the broadcast, Cadillac coming in next year, when you're in the pit like you were, What's what's the thing that you don't know when you watch on TV?
Speaker 2: I think, I mean my experience at that point. I think the thing that peopleon't realize not just how loud it is, but especially like when you're in there and you actually have like the headphones on and you hear them talking to the drivers. Just a complexity. I mean, that's the thing. It's like, it's it's really amazing.
Speaker 1: Did you change a tire?
Speaker 2: I did, but I will tell you at at indy five hundred, I came close to almost change the entire Okay, Dan Eyes secure Liberty Media.
Speaker 3: You can own Formula one fw NK is the ticker Liberty Media. You can own it as a public Why is.
Speaker 1: Apple doing that? Explain? Just go to Jes Paul's dying to get do Nvidia and you know the Google thing and all that. Why is Apple doing Apple TV? It's called dad TV because no one watches it. They got some product out, they've had some successes, but why waste their time on that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean to me, it's really it's all about where they're ultimately going to take this. I mean in the future. And we'll see as Apple ultimately goes down the past with Gemini and in terms of the AI future, they need to have as wide of a content lens as possible. And I think when you look at Apple TV, it's all part of Look, the quality speaks for itself. Kuwannie has been the issue. But for them, it's just they're going to continue to have irons in the fire. That's what they're going to do.
Speaker 1: The TV show Pluribus, it's a sci fi thing. She's home all alone. Everybody around her is like a droid surveillance. It is great. Why don't you get to video right? Example?
Speaker 3: So, Dan, the AI story here took a little bit of return over the last a couple of days. Here Meta placing a big chip order with Google, further calling to question the position or the dominance position of Nvidia. Give us your thoughts about that one.
Speaker 2: I mean, look Google TPU if you especially with wait, Broadcom and TSMC is the is the builder that's been around for over a decade, right, So it's not that it's new per se. I think the issue comes down to demand supply from video chips to twelve to one, so the reality.
Speaker 3: To supply of Nvidio chips twelve to one.
Speaker 2: So look, when you look at Meta, like, they're not going to be able to get everything they need from in video, so they got to look outside. When you look with googleized, i'd say it's really it's about three to four years behind where Nvidio is, but again on some certain instances it could be good enough. And look at that's where we're going. I mean, the reality is when it comes to AMD, when it comes to big tech, eventually you gonna see Apple, you gonna see Meta, you're gonna see Microsoft. They'll building own chips as well. But there's one chip in the world feeling the AI revolution that's in video.
Speaker 3: So that's kind of how I thought about yesterday. I was kind of surprised to see the cell off in Vidio because my thought was all I hear from guys like you and technology folks coming in here is that the demand for AI is just I'm not saying satial, but boy, it's outstripping supply for sure. And you gotta get what you can get when you can get it.
Speaker 2: Look, just spending three weeks in Asia, I mean, we've seen demand accelerate thirty percent in the last six months for AI. So it comes down to like it's easy to call say AI is a bubble in the spreadsheet and twenty fifty four of New York City office building, but when you actually see what's happening there. Look, only three percent of enterprise in the US have gone down the AI path, None in Europe, Asia, ex China, and now you've seen sovereigns in Middle East, and for the first time in thirty years, US is headed China. When it comes tech on.
Speaker 1: Wall Street, people love to go after you on Twitter. It's the close, it's the act and all that underneath it. We know, folks, not only Dan Eyes but Webbush, there's some prodigious tech chips. Like going to Asia, like actually walking in a factory, find out what's going on. Here's the reality for our listeners. Our viewers worldwide. April three, a leading newspaper just reporting the news. Apple Shells shares fell more than nine percent in response to the President's plan for steep tariffs on products made abroad. Let as sharp set off in tech stocks, which is loaded with technology. OMG April thirds sank nearly six percent. Apple is up sixty five percent, printing two to eighty yesterday. How do our listeners in viewers digest the news in the day to day panic and yet stay on board this historic American path.
Speaker 2: Look, and we've talked about so much on the show over the years, right, I mean, the reality is is that there's no bigger consumer install based in the world than Apple two point four billion iOS devices, one point five billion iPhones. And it comes down besides just the cash generating machine everything we see in the services. When you look at the AI revolution, Okay, they've looked, they've watched it from the stands so far, but now they're about to get into the field and actually do it and monetize the install based the consumer AI revolution comes to Apple, and I think that's something that we're going to see with Google Partnership and others and Tom I just continue view it as like seventy five to one hundred hours per share incremental will be added to Apple for AI And that's my view. They've David and also look at this iPhone seventeen. It's been a surprise upgrade cycle that no one expected with Gemini.
Speaker 1: Is Apple under less pressure to do something this whole do something, do something?
Speaker 2: I'd say more pressure, but they couldn't do it till Google ultimately won the dojsuit Wednesday won the dojsuit. That's where the cando idenner between sun Dar and cook Start. And I think that's that ultimately is now where that's tracking to what can be a deal that couldn't have been until they won that deal. And I think that's that's where they're gonna go. They're not buying Purplexity, They're going with Google. They're gonna go down bet heavily on them.
Speaker 1: Day I was with Red Bush with us here on Wednesday before Thanksgiving? Is you get ready to travel? The Horde comes over to the house. We say good morning all the different ways you listen to us, thank you for discovering Bloomberg's surveillance in two thousand and twenty five. Will be here Friday Paul Sweeney your people. It was a big argument. People went back and forth. Yes, yeah, but we'll be here Friday after Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: Paul Dan talks us about Meta a little bit. I think that's one of the ones the market's unsure of as it relates to the AI play.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 3: Stocks down about twenty percent from its recent high. Some concerns there. How do you position that?
Speaker 2: I think, I mean it's a table pounder by because the reason that stocks off is because Zuck right now Wartime CEO, focus on increasing capacs over the next year in this arms race, and you're and you're seeing obviously pressure in terms of earnings and cashle but that's that's what you want to see them do. You were talking about monetizing the AI revolution over the coming years, the three billion users that they basically have when it comes to their consumer ECOSYSM, and that's the smart move I think right now, investors, it's very easy knee jerk with the bury, the AI bubble, all the worries. The reality is that there's two more years that Leise left in this tech bow market. You're in year three of an eight to ten year building. It's truly a fourth industrial revolution, and I think meta is going to be proven that this is the right move.
Speaker 1: What they're doing in the zeitgeist this weekend is the partition that, yes, we appear to be using AI for certain stuff. And Paul Sweeney the other day goes, should I go with the ocean space cranberry or something homemade, you know that kind of stuff, or like task driven AI? When do you perceive America makes the shift to a more sophisticated use of AI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a great quest. But today it's enterprise. I mean, the reality is the consumer AI revolution hasn't started. Chat GPT and we see that, but it's all enterprise. I mean, the spending we're talking about called next two to three trillions, just the enterprise. When it talks about consumer, it's our autonomous humanoid robotics. It's the future of the consumer.
Speaker 1: Goddamn robot to make my Cranberry sauce.
Speaker 2: Listen, you're again and I continue to meet the call. Keen will be in a ROBOTAXI in.
Speaker 1: The other day into that, I thought lovelow.
Speaker 2: And again you never know, it could be ledlow.
Speaker 3: So all right, let's go to that robotics and all that kind stuff. Because that's kind of the story behind Teslaly these days, it's not about bending steel and making cars and things like that. So the stocks up four percent here today, so it's really lagging the market. It's come back from I guess the biggest concerns where we were several months ago. But when you talk to your institutional list or clients, what are they telling you.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's all about the future. I believe Autonomous and ultimately optimists are will be the most important chapter ever in Tesla's growth story. And I think now must being wartime CEO, having the compackage, you know, potentially trillion dollar man, this will now define Tesla. And I also think you're gonna see a regulatory road map that's going to ease when it comes to Autonomous, specifically on the Robotaxi build out, you're gonna have thirty thirty five cities. And I think WIMA is basically gonna be a round the era a relative to where I see Tesla.
Speaker 1: Let's go to our three radio stations. Good Morning ninety two nine FM, Boston ninety nine one FM, Nathan Hager Radio in Washington here Bloomberg eleventh zero. How is a robotaxi get across the Charles River right by Mi T. How does a robot get turn left there? And the sport? How does a robotaxi get around DuPont Circle? How does a robotaxi get down Fifth Avenue right outside the Trump Tower. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Look I mean, do you look at it's it's data driven. I mean the reality is is that is.
Speaker 1: Your proof of concept that they can handle normal urban traffic.
Speaker 2: What everything I've seen, and obviously we've been there in Austin, You're going to continue to see to expand, you know, across many cities over the next few months. I believe we're there now. I'm not saying that there's you're going to see the geofense area continue to expand. But it's my view next few years, twenty percent of cars on the road when you're whether it's New York City, whether it's Boston, whether it's scott you're gonna look around and you're gonna and you're not gonna see a driver enough chat.
Speaker 1: What's your single best buy right now? Is it matter or is this something different?
Speaker 2: I mean to me, single best buy writ or is Microsoft the relative to what we see in terms of the stock, I sit down because the view that now Google, now Amazon and others on the hyper scale are gonna sort of eat their lunch. Look what's happened to Oracle as well? It just look New York City cab driver was bearish on Alphabet and Google start the year. Today they're barish on Microsoft. And I think that's why that has one hundred hour upside.
Speaker 1: Okay on Microsoft just is one example. Are they Open Ai? Sam what's his name, Sam Altman?
Speaker 3: Sam Almon?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Are they down because they're affiliated with Sam Altman?
Speaker 2: I think just like, just like Oracle, there's that too big to fail concept right where anyone that touches Open AI that's ultimately been an overhang. But it comes down to like that would be like me being like, Okay, if I could have more Peter Luger Steak, would I have it? Or would I rather own White Castle?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Again, you gotta go Lugers. But the reality is that Open AI it's the Peter Lugers of technology. You want to be associated with it, not not associated.
Speaker 1: Those are on YouTube. The interns are in our ears. We got these holiday interns and Sweeney's interns from Penn State. I'm shocked we are. Nobody cares we are. Paul Dan, Penn State, go Paul.
Speaker 3: Who's going to be the coach?
Speaker 1: Do you think?
Speaker 2: I mean, look, I think we'll see it probably Monday. That was I continue to think it's you know, it's either Chesney from JMU that you know, or there could be a mystery candidate that will see how that emerged over the coming days.
Speaker 1: So I think a big.
Speaker 2: Mystery can no, not no, not no, please we better days are ahead for Penn State after a dark year.
Speaker 1: All I ask was, you're such a hitter and you're so f one. Next time you go to F one, take young John farroll with you. First, I played the.
Speaker 2: Reason I got into F one. It was Netflix and farah.
Speaker 3: Ye yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: I mean he wears he's like head to toe in Ferrari.
Speaker 3: Sure, I mean you know, I mean, you know he's that's how you roll.
Speaker 1: The whole thing's where's your next F one you're going to?
Speaker 2: I mean I have a few, but uh a few on the docket, you know, mid Middle East and and some other ones.
Speaker 1: Dan, I was thank you to extended a conversation a lot of good information there with his single best buy, The Gentleman from Microsoft