Speaker 1: It's time for the b a q a A. The b a q A What is b a q a dude to be a q with to today? The b a q a A. Mandy and I are trying to zen out this book.
Speaker 2: Got the memo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're like.
Speaker 2: The vibe is calm and yes.
Speaker 1: Okay, So as you know for banda bitch in the question to answer you have questions, we have answered that you're supposed to run by your attorneys or financial planner, financial advisor. That ain't us. This is purely entertainment. Okay, So go see your grandma maybe your grandpa too, but not us. But if you do have some questions you like to be entertained with, then please go ahead on over to Branna Vision podcast on IG, the BA podcast on Twitter, Brandivision podcast at gmail dot com and Brannibision podcast dot com. Contact us, Hey look at me. Twenty thousand years later, your girl has the memory. If I think I was, I saw you out, I saw your face. I could see you're like this, she got it? She got it?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, my face. I was zoned out so hard I stopped listening and replaying the part where rock Sanne laughed at my joke.
Speaker 1: We just had an amazing If you have not listened to our episode prior to this, please do. It is with the incomparable amazing badass Rock sand Gay aka Mandy's hero, and so she's still recovering. So you know, because whena here comes alone, come on with the straight the cay.
Speaker 2: Annie, I'm gonna have to pay for your practice bill because you have been carrying me through this last ninety minutes.
Speaker 1: Now you slay please. Mandy did such a good job. But yeah, listen to that EPI. So we're gonna take a question. Do you want to read it? You want me to read it? How you want this to good?
Speaker 2: I'll read it. This is from two thousand. This is ninety three, right number twenty ninety three? Okay, all right. Whitney from email says, Hey, Mandy and Tiffany, I love the podcast. I'm trying to catch up on all the episodes in chronological order. Well, damn, when are you gonna hear this one? Feel like if you can. If you need timely information, don't send us a question. But anyway, I know you have mentioned cash back credit cards in past episodes and maybe in future episodes. I haven't gotten to yet, but I'm wondering which ones you recommend in twenty twenty four. Thank you for all that you do, all right. I was pleasantly surprised, Tiffany that when I googled this, which is what everybody can do, there's like a bunch of listicles. But the best credit cards are still in my wallet. They've been there for years. And what are those some ogs? Well, you know we love the Chase Good Time card. Yes, what is it really called, because you know Chase some fire reserved.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know that's the number one credit card in the country or something like that, most used or most And we actually had a woman on our podcast who started a company called Sequence Vernda. She was one of the while she was at the it was no visa at Chase, she was one of the I guess you could say creators of that architect Yes, I mean, we have bad ass women on our show, so yeah, the architects of that card. And she's awesome. She's got a company called Sequence which is like women like a money community and credit card or debit card for women by women, something like that. Listen to that episode.
Speaker 3: You got to hurt them anyway, I got yourself up to fail. No one asked you to give them a recap of the whole episode any way. So the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the reason I love that card is because the benefits baby like three hundred dollars travel credit. I believe they paid for my TSA pre check. You get three percent cash back on food and travel, which are two of my favorite things today.
Speaker 1: And if you rent a car, I use this all the time. You get insurance car like girls, one of my favorite I always whenever I'm going to call then the now use my face Good Time card.
Speaker 2: Yes, And they'll never they'll try to make you think that your card is not as good as it is, like it takes me when I'm renting a car. I'm just like, uh huh uh huh. I'm telling you I don't need it. They're always trying to add insurance. But that is true. Not the only card to offer that, but it is definitely true of the Chase Freedom or Sorry Chase Sapphire Reserve. There is an annual fee. What is it? Is it five hundred and fifty dollars?
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 2: It might even be more now. They used to have yeah, I'm looking right now. Oh yeah, we still get the travel credit five hundred and fifty. Yeah. So they have a lighter version of this card that's called the Chase Sapphire Preferred, which only has a ninety five dollars annual fee, but doesn't come with some of the juicier benefits like the travel credit there three hundred dollars I mentioned, But yeah, if you I mean I I I've booked several domestic flights with the money from my that I've earned just by using my Chase Sapphire. But of course the caveat the best, the best quote unquote the most generous, generoush the most generous rewards cards will often come with the quid pro quo of fees. So I would say Chase Sapphire Preserved is good for someone who's looking for less fees. It still has ninety five dollar fee, but it'll yeah, come in handy. What's the one? And then oh yeah, I was excited to see on nerd Wall at the City double Cash is their top Okay, yeah, I was just gonna see that this is a flat rate credit card, which is like a lot of the cards I have. I have two for categories like one for grocery shopping. That's the AMEX blue. I almost said blue cross blue shield. That's not right. What it's the Amex, it's something blue.
Speaker 1: I think I know what you mean the blue Oh what is that? I know what you mean, AMX blue something. Just look it up girl. You know what we talk about.
Speaker 2: Whoever is on their marketing team, like get some more names like Blue Cash Preferred is what it's called. Okay, no annual fee, but it's six percent back on groceries up to like six in cash I don't know. And the City Double but the City Card is two percent cash back on anything you buy. So if it's like something that I'm not, it's not it's not going to give me the most, you know, give me the cash back like the reserve will for travel and food or from not grocery shopping. Then I'll pull out the City Double cash.
Speaker 1: So how do credit cards even get on these lists? Like? Maybe are can we trust these lists?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well this is the thing. I not only worked for Magnified Money, I was in charge of their content team. So the content team are the ones who put together these listicles and not just that they come, we come up with the methodology. So depending on the website, like nerd Wallet, Magnify and it's sister sites like Lending treat like they have entire teams of writers and editors and also product people, so like people in the back who are really educated about the credit card space to discern like, Okay, what are the best benefits, how are we going to judge? Put them in different categories? All of that. So if you're gonna take any advice from sites like that, and I always suggest you know, google yourself. And also Reddit can sometimes be a good source if you want like new ideas and stuff. But those sites can be excellent sources. So when you google, the ones that pop up should be according to Google's algorithm, the sites that have the most well rounded answer with an algorithm, with editors who are not bots, and there was like thought and care put into the content. I will say that the way that these sites make money is that we get kickbacks in some form or fashion from the banks, from the credit card companies, the issuers that are featured on the site. So I would look for disclosures. For example, one thing that we used to do at Magnify Money is like let's say Discover, for example, had a new student credit card and it's not on any of the best lists because it doesn't have that much there's no cash back, and it's not a travel card. And let's say those are our big lists for the site. But they really want to be featured and they're going to give us a bunch of money. So then they would come to the product team, a bizdev team would come to my team and be like, we need to feature this card. Then we would kind of back into a story idea about that card, so it would be like the best Student the best roundup of student credit cards, and then you would get the Discover card in there, or you would try to find the best feature of the card and then break it out into its own subcategory best for students who love to eat at the dining hall or like students who like sports, like you'd find these little ways of featuring them. So I mean, it's not like it's nefarious, and honestly, like it paid my salary, so I was fine with it. However, always check multiple sources, and I think we should know how websites make their money, and I believe absolutely Yeah, like nerdwallet, Magnify Money, like we would have disclosures, like we have partners here who affiliate ads just like any other, Like the vast majority of financial sites have affiliate revenue from because basically you're helping the company market. But yeah, lots of thought in care does go into it. And at the same time, just understand how they get paid and look closely at what category it's appearing in, because we will tell you this is best for groceries, this is best for people who want a good grocery card but no annual fee. And yeah, all the different nuances.
Speaker 1: I love that. Thank Yeah, yeah, wait you talk about Yeah.
Speaker 2: There were just a couple of new kids on the block that I hadn't heard of.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: So one of them is the Capital one Savor one car.
Speaker 1: I saw that I'm not familiar.
Speaker 2: Ten percent cash back made through on purchases made through Uber and Uber eats.
Speaker 1: I need to get that one because that's.
Speaker 2: I mean, are in a one time two hundred dollars cash bonus after you spend five hundred dollars on purchases within the first three months. That's a pretty low bar, Like spend five hundred, get two hundred. The key with any of these cards, Oh, we should have done this at the jump. Y'all know how we feel about credit cards. Sign up for them, enjoy the benefits, but not unless you can pay the card in full, yes, every month, because these interest rates have never been higher, I mean, and they're wild super high.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, gotcha? Cause that's the thing, Like, it doesn't benefit if you are going to like, whatever money you earn, you have to pay it back because you're paying fees on interest. So let's just keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your APR will be nineteen percent, twenty six point twenty four percent, or twenty nine point nine nine percent based on your credit worthiness. This is the capital one saver one that I just mentioned. Like reading that fine print, that's that's not a lot, that's not an insignificant amount. And another thing to consider is, like some of the juiciest cash rewar. I thought you were going to be answering this question. Why am I talking so much now?
Speaker 1: Because you had the behind the scenes, you had the behind the scenes of like Howard these lists even compiled. Yeah, and I'm the type person once I get my card, I'm locked in. I'm locked in. I tend not to, like, you know, unless something really bad happens with because I paid my cards off in full every month, and that I have since I started with my credit card. So as a result, I'm not as tied to interest rates and things like that because my dad told me when I was eighteen i got my first credit card, to pay it off every month in full, and for the most part, I've been able to do so, I would say more years yes than no.
Speaker 2: Well, I just confessed to Tiffany that I messed up with payment and I got hit with a penalty APR, which is where they jack up your rate because you missed a payment. And I tried all my tricks, chatted them, Hi, I'm a new customer. It was a mistake. They were like, no, we don't mess around, they.
Speaker 1: Don't scare Please. My credit score lower significantly because as I like it was one like it didn't. Someone on the team did not pay the card and I lost like a hundred points. I was like, well, I'm not buying anything, but I wasn't happy about it. Yeah, yeah, so what should we take a break and come let's take a little break, come right back, and we're back and blacker than ever now. You you know, gave a little bit of a confession that you were late, you know, and you tried to you know, try to give a little sugar and spice and.
Speaker 2: My credit card not not pregnant.
Speaker 1: But I thought, since we're in the confession, mood, I want to know, I want you to spill your financial tea. So I, me and Mandy are really wanted to just really understand, like what you guys are not going through. We're nosy, and I want to know what financial tea this is if you put in financial tea in the comments or whatever or in the subject, likee, we know that no, totally anonymous, Sarah, and I'm just joking, totally anonymous, and we want and don't give us tea Like wait, I don't want weak tap of tea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think mine was like even been steeping, girl, I'm not even at all.
Speaker 1: It's literally beside the cup. We want the tea where you're like, yow, I may or may not have gone to my mother's wallet and took fifty dollars and what she was looking for and blamed it on my brother and now they're on the outs.
Speaker 2: Girl. We want the tea.
Speaker 1: We want the t t or you know, I may or may not have gambled away all of the the mortgage money for the next month. And I'm not talking about tea that you're even asking for help with. You just want to get off your chest, you know, and you want to get off your chest and you want your two friends to say. I mean, okay, girl, we're not here to do just a little judging, but like, you know.
Speaker 2: Are we allowed to judging on? Did we set the stage for that yet?
Speaker 1: I think we're allowed to make comments meaning like I'm not here to say you're so terrible? Da da da da, But I think not make comment meaning like what wow? Well, you know sometimes yeah.
Speaker 2: I think the whole purpose Well, the reason we came up with this idea is because I was feeling like people are when you're authentic, you get judged so or when you're authentic about a mistake, people are really harsh and it's like, have you ever fucked up in your life?
Speaker 1: Like, I'm sorry, we're not gonna be now here's the thing. I can't promise we might not giggle and laughing, key key, and hopefully that actually makes you left too. Like I was off of that. Let me go ahead and tell my mama that I stole that money, you know, and not. So basically it is a place where you could share your financial tea in a safe environment where you might get a little giggle but not judgment. And it's because mostly the reason why you wanted to share is we're not giving advice. This is just for you to unearth and to have someone bear witness to the thing. Okay, so just you know, give us your financial tea and and it can. You don't have to build your own tea because the hottest boiling tea sometimes belongs to other people. So of course you're gonna want to you know, change some of them the details to protect the guilty. But you might be like, ah, so my coworker, we live, we live too.
Speaker 2: So how are you gonna send us these emails?
Speaker 1: DM as You can email us at Branna Vision Podcasts at gmail. Just put financial tea and we know that you just want us to read it anonymously and you know, give some key key or you can sign our d MS Brandabision podcast on i G or just go to Brownhabision dot com and click contact us like yeah, we want this money, t we want this money.
Speaker 2: It's actually Brown Ambition podcast dot com. But yes, we want this money. You got the word podcast. We want the domain wasn't available.
Speaker 1: We want some money tea and maybe we'll share some tea too. I have to think about, like, do I have any spicy tea of like maybe a mistake that I mean, guys, I feel like I've shared all my mistakes where you know, tens of thousand thousand dad, you know, well I do have one. You know what, I'm gonna save this one. I was quite the kleptomaniac. So I'm gonna give you one of my kleptomaniac stories from from middle school. I don't know, I went through a kleptomaniac phase in middle school. Girl, my goodness, I clept domain. I should be locked up everybody.
Speaker 2: I did it. I tried to, but I got scared and then my caught.
Speaker 1: And that I'm gonna tell. If you guys share your tea, I'll share you my kleptomaniac story. And you know I was. I was on a tear for a few weeks and then I got caught. And let's just say, the punishment made me say, you know what? That built for this? So I stopped any last parting words before we jump off Mandra.
Speaker 2: My best friend in middle school. We were supposed to get my mom to drive us. I chickened out to Cole's to steal chick out and Coles expect things, and she got caught and she was like banned from cold stores forever or something like that. I worked for Coles in college, so, you know, came back.
Speaker 1: To get a ride. Mom keeps dropping us off the stack.
Speaker 2: She's like, with what money.
Speaker 1: You would have came home with stuff? Kids are so foolish.
Speaker 2: Not me, though, I was just a rat. Not I was worse than a rat because I just let her go and I get caught.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the worst. So, my gosh, that's hilarious. You see, that was so bad. It was this little kiky giggle gigging. We met your mission. We're laughing with you, not at you. I promise exactly, all right, guys, Oh don't forget leave us. Some reviews shared this podcast reviews let us be seen, heard and grow and so until Monday, Bye bye baham