Speaker 1: Hey, fan Ritos, Welcome to how Rude Tanner Ritos. We are so excited to announce today's interview. We were so relieved when her character first appeared in season two to tame Uncle Jesse the Womanizer. She was a much needed presence both on and off stage, and the fans have been eagerly waiting for this conversation with the beloved aunt Becky. We cannot wait to catch up with our sweet and beautiful friend, Laurie Lachlan.
Speaker 2: Hy Lourie, I haven't talked to you guys in a while. How are you guys?
Speaker 3: Doing good?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: When was the last time we saw each other? Was it John's fifty?
Speaker 2: It was John sixty?
Speaker 1: Yeah sixty aging him? Yeah, John's sixtieth. Okay, that was a fun part where.
Speaker 4: We were all dressed, where we were all dressed in the sixties attire.
Speaker 3: Yes, well that LORI did you? I don't think. I don't think Lauri dressed up.
Speaker 4: I don't think Laurie did, because there's no way most did.
Speaker 2: Whenever I tell him Moss costume, He's like, no, I'm not no costume.
Speaker 3: Well was the same way He's like, costume, I'm not going yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so no, I don't think we did dress up. I think we just we went. It was fun nice, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh it was. It was very fun. Had a good time. Dave, it was I think you, me Andrea, Dave was Scott there.
Speaker 2: Scott was there, Yep, Scott was there.
Speaker 3: I think Canvas was working. Yeah, but I think I think it was everybody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the gang was there. Yeah. Yeah. How are your How are your kids? How's everyone's kids doing? How are the kiddies good? Your girls are?
Speaker 3: Zoe is turning sixteen?
Speaker 2: No, eight days, my goodness. My recommendation is get her a driving instructor.
Speaker 4: Do not try to Oh yeah, yeah yeah she I signed up through Triple A. I mean, I actually am pretty calm though. Like I'm in We're driving around the neighborhood the other day and I posted a little picture of it. And it was weird because I'm sitting in the car and I like posted a picture and I'm like, you know, she's practicing her stops and goes in a neighborhood and I all of a sudden this moment and I was like, this feels weirdly normal, and that's weird.
Speaker 3: Like it was the fact that it felt normal. Was weird, but yeah, she and then b is going to high school next year.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: It just it's yeah, goodh crazy.
Speaker 2: And how's your gang doing, Andrea, They're good, They're great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Felicity's turning seventeen next week. The girls have almost the same birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So she's been driving for a few months now. She already had her first accident, so that.
Speaker 3: Was very stressful. Yeah, it was just a little fender bender.
Speaker 1: It wasn't a major accident, and it was just like, you know, thank goodness. But yeah, she so now she doesn't want to drive anymore because she's nervous, and I'm like, I get back up on that horse. You gotta just yeah, yeah, yeah, you know, exposure therapy.
Speaker 3: Just do it right.
Speaker 4: She could do what I did where I got my first speeding ticket and backed into someone all in a span of twenty minutes for the first time.
Speaker 3: Just give it, do it all, you know what I mean, get it all over.
Speaker 2: Did you back into the cop I.
Speaker 3: Know, faithfully, I think that would have been.
Speaker 4: That would have been probably I probably still wouldn't be driving, but no, I was. I got the speeding ticket and then I was so flustered on my way to the bank that I would get in the bank and as I'm backing out, I.
Speaker 3: Just don't look that through.
Speaker 4: I bowled that way the days before backup cameras, and I back into some ladies car and I just burst into tears.
Speaker 3: I was like seventeen.
Speaker 4: It was my first like week at college, and I was just like, I can't do it.
Speaker 2: I know it's stressful, it's stressful. I think my first my first accident was when I was I was a teenager. My first accident was a low pole at the gas station. So thankfully nobody else was involved, but I backed up and I just didn't It was low, I couldn't see it, and I just took out like the backside of my car.
Speaker 3: Oh I did. I did that one parking, but only a few months later. Really actually after the ticket.
Speaker 4: And the other backup, isn't it. I also backed into a pool. All of my incidents have really been in reverse.
Speaker 3: But yeah, back and then took off because I was like, I don't know what's just happening.
Speaker 1: Just for backup cameras. You really needed the backup cameras in the in the nineties.
Speaker 4: Even with that, I'm it's still a panic anyway, Yeah, enough of my terrible driving.
Speaker 2: How's your family, Laurie good? Everybody? Goods are great. The girls are doing really well. Bella is trying her hand at acting, although it's a tough time to be an actor. Not a lot of work happening right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, breach.
Speaker 2: And she also she also started this really cool little company. She took up knitting and she really likes it. She's quite good at it. So she started this company and it's called the Bitch Knits. Cool. And the name came about because Olivia was teasing her and said, oh, and she was sitting and knitting. She's like, ah, the Bitch Knits, and I was like, that have a funny name for a company. And so she's been Yeah, so she's been home like a grandma, like knitting and then selling it. Yeah, so she's doing well. She's doing that. And then Livi's is doing her YouTube channel still and awesome. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah I did show a while back. It was great. It was really fun.
Speaker 1: Well, we've been talking a lot about these early seasons of Full House.
Speaker 3: We're in season two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ok, in season.
Speaker 1: Two, so Becky has arrived and so thank god, thank god, you came on the show.
Speaker 2: I came on what second was I second episode? Second season?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Second episode, second season? Yeah, and we.
Speaker 1: Were relieved because Jesse's just been this man horror for that entire first season.
Speaker 4: I gotta tell you, man, women watching in front of the children have been watching these first season and episodes and we're just like.
Speaker 3: Family Becky getting well, where's family show? What is he doing? But also we're like, when does Becky get here?
Speaker 4: And what does uncle Jesse become not a not an idiot like we did, Like what does it become like less of of his dad and more of like an actual, like decent, non misogynistic him in and uh it's around when you arrived.
Speaker 2: Thank good, So thanks for that. Yeah really, oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: Just he would make out with people in the living room in front of everybody. Tell me it's nobody had boundaries, no, not a launderies?
Speaker 2: How is that for you? Guys? When you were little, like on those episodes watching all that, or did you like it was it? Did you like what? It was? Just normal?
Speaker 3: Like whatever?
Speaker 4: I mean, if you've ever done I mean we were kids, so we hadn't, but like, if you've ever done a screen kiss, or been around a screen kiss you know, it is probably the least passionate, Oh yeah, exciting thing to witness. It's so awkward, and so I think, like you just kind.
Speaker 3: Of get the vibes as a kid, You're like, this is this is weird.
Speaker 4: I'm probably also judging, like why am I here while they're doing this?
Speaker 2: Because you're five.
Speaker 1: I have to bring up this story. I'm jumping ahead, but I have Speaking of screen kisses, I have to bring this up because Laura, I've been wanting to ask you this forever. Do you remember when this is probably season seven, when DJ and Steve broke up on a mountain and I had to have a screen kiss with whoever was my boyfriend at the time, and he was this like.
Speaker 3: Weird weird kid, like super weird.
Speaker 2: I was not.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to kiss him in rehearsal. I didn't even really want to kiss him during when the cameras were rolling. But anyways, I remember you, like everyone was very supportive on the set, and I remember you went to the guy and you were like, if you slipper the tongue, you're gonna have to answer.
Speaker 3: To me, dokie.
Speaker 1: Do you remember saying this to this guy.
Speaker 2: He was so because I think I remember you were so nervous and you were worried. Oh yeah, so.
Speaker 3: I was unhinged. I was so worried.
Speaker 2: So that sounds totally like something that. Yeah, that I that I would do for sure. I always was always so protective of all of you guys, you know. And I remember when Can just had her first kiss on screen and I don't even know, maybe that was her first kiss in life, and I think.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, most of us we were like, yeah, it was, it was the same, but it was yeah, I don't count it though.
Speaker 2: No you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't sing your grandma.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And she came to me and she said, do I keep my eyes open or closed? Do? We had like a little conversation about that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, but I like to keep my eyes open just to make it weird, make it weird and intimidate people.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, just open their eyes suddenly you're staring at them.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: It was so great to have a female presence on the set, you know, with John, Bob and Dave fool it around all the time, like thank god you were there.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, it's so funny when when I came on. I was only supposed to do six episodes, that was what I was contracted for, but I knew when I got there, I just felt like I belonged there. And I remember the show was hadn't really hit its stride yet. And I remember I called my mother and I said, you know, I'm only supposed to be here for six episodes, but I have a feeling if this show makes it and it goes the distance, I'm going to be on it for the duration. Like I just had this weird feeling because I just felt like I was like this missing link to the puzzle, like this missing piece. And I remember the first speaking of the guys the first week that I was the first episode I shot. At the end of the week, my stomach, like Saturday morning, I woke up and I might stomach hurt, like it really hurt, like I had done a thousand, you know, sit ups, and I realized it was laughing. I realized like I had laughed so hard that week that I used muscles in my stomach I'd never used before. I mean, that's how funny, That's how funny those guys were. I mean they were wildly you know, inappropriate and politically and correct in all the best ways possible. Like they were so funny. I think about this stuff, especially in the morning when you guys were in school.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, see you you got the full experience. We got them the kid you got them yeah, oh oh boy, did you no? But we were, you know, sort of off being still having like kid time. But you were there and got to be in in it with the guys when.
Speaker 3: They were just off the rails, and it was so ridiculous.
Speaker 2: It was wild. They were so funny, nothing was off limits. Anything came out of their mouth like you I couldn't even repeat. I often used to think, it's too bad somebody isn't red these rehearsals because they were so funny. Although who knows, maybe we'd show them now. We'd get canceled in thirty seconds, like you know what I mean, Like it's just right.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: It might have been better for everyone if they weren't, you know exactly.
Speaker 2: Times are so different now. But we had so much fun. We had so many laughs, and those guys were just off the chain. And then everyone would be like, kids are coming on the set, kids are coming on the set. Is rehrs, like guys like you gotta calm down, you gotta settle down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but of course Bob, you know Bob, and Bob to settled down was not that was.
Speaker 2: Like the opposite, like he would do the opposite game, like Okay, I'm gonna really go off the rails, and then we would all get in trouble and we would have to stay like basically after school, after you guys were left for the day and we had to go into the notes meeting. But a lot of times it was we had to stay after because we had to be reprimanded for Bob's bad behavior. And I would always be sitting there going like why am I here?
Speaker 3: I thought into this.
Speaker 2: Collateral, but Jeff frank Jeff Franklin didn't want to like single any of us out, so it was kind of general like okay, elective punishment, yeah, exactly when the kids are here and I'm like, oh man, and then we just go and the next day would be the same thing and.
Speaker 3: Be the same thing.
Speaker 2: There was no making do it all over again. Now.
Speaker 4: You talked about only being there for the first for six episodes. When you first came on, originally you were just going to be Danny's co host and and like go on one date with him or something. That was what I heard, like go on a date with him, realize it wasn't going to work out, and then you guys just work together, but you there was no like.
Speaker 2: But somewhere, but somewhere in the casting process, they must have thought of John and I being together there because I had to when I went into audition and I came back and I had the audition for Tom Miller and Bob Boyette, I had to do a chemistry read with John, not I never met Bob till I actually got on the show. So somewhere in there they were thinking about John and I together. So yeah, at some point, but I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think that was like the initial thing was how to bring you in, and then they were like, wait, we think she's much better with Jesse or maybe they maybe everyone was just like we need to do something about this Jesse character.
Speaker 3: He needs some help.
Speaker 2: But they were like her, Yeah, but I was supposed to come on and be Bob's co host, and I think there was like a little bit of talk like maybe we went on a date that then that never came to fruition. It just became I came on because the first episode I remember was when John walks in the house and and I say, oh, you must be Danny's brother in law Jesse. And he's like, oh, like what did he say about me? And I know he's that he had a brother in law named Jesse like that. Like that was like the very like so there was like a they are like out of the gate. They wrote like a little kind of.
Speaker 4: We loved those moments though, By the way, those are some of our favorite Becky moments that we've seen because we're like, yes, put him in his place, that's him, thank you, thank you, Like no, we're not talking about you.
Speaker 3: It's not all about you, sir. Like you just happen to be here, you know what.
Speaker 4: I mean, Like he just I'm like, go off, Becky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was it was fun and that show was such a blessing. You know. I have such gratitude for all the years that I was on that show and all the family that we became and the good times and in you know, you'd have to pinch yourself and say, I'm getting paid to come here, like it was just it was amazing. It was just amazing. And I don't know, I mean, I have other friends that have worked on television series for you know, quite some time. I just don't know of any cast that came together like our cast, did, you know. It's just the chemistry, the formula was so perfect, and there was such true love, you know, that we all had for one another, you know. And I wonder sometimes is the fact that you guys were so little that it because there were little kids involved, it really felt like a family, you know, and we as adults and we weren't that old ourselves. We were in our twenties, but we were like just so protective of you guys, and you know, it was just it was just an all around wonderful experience.
Speaker 4: It was you know, we always say it too like it you guys were still young and in your twenties, but you guys were all family people like you all were warm, loving, carrying people in your real life, and so it was like this combination of people that were all you know that when there were the kids were there, of course, it just you naturally gravitated towards caretaking instead of being like, oh kids, know, there was not anybody in the cast that was like I hate kids.
Speaker 2: You know, everybody loved everyone.
Speaker 4: Yea, everybody loved kids, either wanted them, eventually had them, or like you know, it just was a real family environment. And that's not always the case in a group of actors. There's oftentimes people were like, that's not family life avor me, And that was definitely not our cast.
Speaker 3: And I think also because the kids had.
Speaker 4: Such prominent storylines, like the adults and the kids really interacted a lot more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, on our show, It's true. And you guys were all I was always amazed at how talented all of you, You and Candice and Andrea, Like, you guys were just so so funny, so spot on. You could bring the comedy, you could bring the heartfelt moments, like it was impressive to watch truly, you know, it was such a joy to watch you guys, to work with you guys, you know, it was just it was wonderful. You guys were great, still are. And then when you came back and did Fuller House, it was amazing, just amazing all of you, your comedy chops, everything right there, falling right back into line.
Speaker 3: It was really fun.
Speaker 2: Thanks Lori, Oh my god, I love you.
Speaker 3: We'll pay you later. Okayay, yeah, yeah, thanks, yeah, yeah, rks for that.
Speaker 2: I'll give you my good mother.
Speaker 4: I would love to hear, though, how you got started in the business. I mean, one of the things that we've been having fun doing on the show is asking all the questions that we didn't know the answers to because we were kids, or that, you know, things we didn't get to know about all of the people on our show. And I know you were fifteen when you've got your first role.
Speaker 2: I was fifteen when I got a part on a soap opera. But how I started in the industry was I was eleven years old and I started out modeling, and it was and nobody in my family was in the entertainment industry. My father worked for the New York Telephone Company and my mother was a housewife. But when I was a kid, I was I always said I wanted to be an actress. And I think it was one of those things like, oh, you want to be an astronaut, you want to be whatever, you know, like biology, Yeah, you know, you're going to be an actress whatever. And then she had a friend that was taking her girls in and I grew up in New York. I was on Long Island, about an hour outside New York City, and my mother's good friends and I'm taking my daughters into a modeling agency they had, like at that time, it was just an open call. You brought some snapshots in to see if you were photogenic. And she said, I know, Laurie's always asking you if you know she wants to be an actress, and can I you know, do you want to go with us? Like, let's go and meet this agent. So my mom was like, well, okay, and so we went and the modeling agent. The woman, her name was Marge McDermott. She owned her own agency, and she took me on the spot. She looked at my photos and she said she said to the other my mom's good friend's daughter, She's like, no, you're I'm not going to take you guys. I don't know if they were kind of a little bit older or whatever, but I was the youngest one. And she said, but I'll take you and handed my mom like a contract. We walked out and my mom I think my mom was because I think my mom thought, oh, I'll shut her up, like she'll go in they won't take her. That'll be the end of that, you know, she'll be done. And then and then my parents were really cool. They said like, look, if you want. My dad happened to work in New York City, so it worked out well. My mom would pick me up after school. We'd go on you know, go sees and you know, modeling go Sees and my dad would beat us and then we would drive home together. But it was like a family effort out of the gate. And then when I was and then as I was like rolling along, and then I got a commercial agent. Then I started doing some commercials, although it was never very lucky in commercials. I did some, but I didn't book a ton of commercials. And then when I was fifteen, my manager sent me in on an audition for a soap opera called The Edge of Night.
Speaker 3: And remember that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think I had done one other small part in a TV movie with Blife Dianner and Michael Moriarty for NBC. It was a very small part, and I was studying a little bit of acting here and there with this lady. Her name is Sylvia Lee you' and she was very theatrical. She talked like this, darling anyway, That's what I study with her, but then I got sent on this this soap audition, and I remember my manager said, look, they really want someone who's eighteen years old. You're you're a little young. I was like two months shy of turning sixteen. She goes, but I'm going to send you in anyway. Meet the casting director. Just you know, don't tell him you're fifteen, say like you're seventeen or whatever. I'm like, okay. Meanwhile, I look like I'm twelve because I was just like, I don't want to like those right. So I go in and I meet the casting director and I'm just sitting there chatting, and when she says to me, how old are you? I go fifteen? And then I'm like I wasn't just to say that, like saying I'm seventeen. You know, you know actors on your resume, can your parachute out of a plane? Sure?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I done it off and did it last weekend. I love it.
Speaker 2: And then so she goes, oh, you know what, you're really too young for this role. But you know, I enjoyed meeting you. And I said okay, and I get up to leave her office and she goes, oh, wait a minute, come back, come back, read the sides for me, just reading there, you know. So I read the sides for her, and she goes, you know, you're too young, but I like you, so I'm going to bring you back for the producers. And at the time, Procter and Gamble. That's why they were called soaks, right, because they were sponsored by companies that made companies schwashing detergent, launder detergent.
Speaker 3: And targeted towards housewives exactly.
Speaker 2: And so I went in and I read for all the people at Procter and Gamble and the people at ABC, and she brought and I'll never forget they When I got into the audition, they had like a lot of girls there and they all were looked much older than me. They were older than me. And they had some guys that were casting a male role too, and they paired us up with you know, the guy, and we had to go in an audition together. And I will never forget this. I don't know his last name. All I know is his first name was Todd. The actor I was paired up with. And literally before as the casting walking us to the audition room, as she's putting her hand on the doorknob. He turns around and he says to me, you know, every time I audition with a girl for a soap opera, she gets the role and I don't. And literally we walk in the room, we do the audition. Two hours later, I get a call. I got the part. I have no idea what happened to Todd. Oh no, that funny, but I'll never forget that. And so then thanks Todd, I know man.
Speaker 3: And then he charmed Todd, I mean, not for himself, but exactly for everyone else.
Speaker 2: He was so sweet. I can still see his face and I don't remember his last name. I don't know if he's still in the business, but that's exactly what he said to me. And then I got that part. And I was on that show for three and a half years, and it was wonderful because I really was green. I didn't know what I was doing, and at the time, I was supposed to be playing this ballet dancer. And they never they didn't make you audition and dance. They just said, oh, do you have any dance training? So you know, of course to collective, Oh sure I can dance, you know, I'm like, yeah, sure, don't worry, and when I got to work the first day, I barely knew how to act. I get to an actual dance studio set with a choreographer, and I was like, oh man, I'm in way over my head, like and then I finally had to go to the producers and be like, look, I didn't realize when you asked for dancing that it was like full choreography and you know, and in hindsight, I'm like, it was going to be a snippet of ten seconds. But I was so rattled because I couldn't even I didn't even know how to act, that they were like, Okay, honey, don't worry about it. So in the world of soap opera, I was the hopeful ballerina but I really couldn't dance, but nobody tell her she didn't have talent. Like that's how they kind of ow my story. And then I became it was a mystery soap, and then I became like the little Nancy Drew of the of daytime television, and I was on that. I was on that show three and a half years and I was kidnapped seven and tie. Wow, that sounds about right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's like the luck of like a war reporter or something that's yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 2: And then well, Andrew, I'm so when you were little.
Speaker 1: I did Days of our Lives, so I was I was, yeah, what was I? I think I was kidnapped once brainwashed? Maybe uh yeah.
Speaker 3: Did you die and come back to life? That's always almost. Did you have an evil twin?
Speaker 2: I knew I was an.
Speaker 4: Evil twin that killed you and then and then took over your life and pretended to be you, and then you came back to life and killed them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's how I started. And then it was great training because I worked with all these wonderful theater actors. Every one of those actors, I think they all had a show on Broadway or off Broadway. We'd leave the studio, I would go home. I would continue Like the child labor laws were different in New York, so I had to go to school at night. I had to provide to find my own tutors. It was like a whole. But they would all go to the theater. But they were wonderful because they all like kind of took me and they all studied it, you know, different, you know whatever. They at Strausburg and my friend Joel went to Harvard, and but they all would take me and sort of help me out and teach me. And so I felt like even though I was I had to be ready and be prepared, and I was going live every day on television or not live, you know, you like tape whatever. We'd tape them. They would exactly, we would tape it and then it would air like a couple days later. But they shot it like it was a live show, which was interesting because they I'm sure they did you do block tape, Andrea, is that how you guys did it? Like you'd shoot that one scene and then you or you'd finish everything in that set. We would do everything live, like go from set to set, and they type in the soap opera music as well. It's kind of it was maybe they kept it. Yeah, they kept it running like it was a live TV show because it started out as a live TV show, started out on radio, then it moved to tele live television, and they shot it was like a live TV show. So we knew every day we'd be out by four o'clock because we shoot that show like it was live.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: But I was like working with all these wonderful actors. Who took the time to teach me and take me under their wing. And and that was my first big break. And that's how I met John. That's how I met Samos because he was doing General Hospital. We were both on ABC and he was nominated for a Daytime Emmy and I was the presenter that year of that award, and that's how that's how I met him. Oh my gosh, I didn't know that. Yeah, and that's how we first met. And did he win or no? He didn't know. Darnell Williams from All My only Todd was there. If only Todd had been there to listen till this stay stays, Why couldn't you just say my name? Well, of course he did. But lovely Darnell Williams one. He was great. He was on All My Children. Okay, okay, so okay. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel like soaps are also great training because you you are it's every day, it's it's a news every day, and it's like it really hones in your memorization skills ability to just kind of go with whatever is happening, especially if you're shooting live.
Speaker 3: To tape like it's a live show.
Speaker 4: You're like, all right, well that fell off the wall and we're just gonna keep going.
Speaker 2: That's it. And they would do that if you could. Ye. I worked with this actor who would go up on his lines quite frequently, and I could always tell when he was going to go up because his eyes would kind of start to shake in his sockets, Like I could tell he start to panic because he was like going to forget his lines. So I would memorize my lines and his lines and if I could pick it up or feed him a que I would do it and they would keep going. They would let it, they would let it go.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's like theaters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you can save each whatever, as long as we get through it.
Speaker 2: Exactly, That's exactly what it was like. But it was great training in that in that regard, because you're on the spot, you had to do it, you had to figure it out, you know, it was something, and then you could watch it back, which was also you know, very valuable.
Speaker 3: So oh I love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like it's like boot camp for actors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seriously, Yeah, it is exactly what it's like.
Speaker 3: I had no idea that you and John had met previously.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we had.
Speaker 4: We were friends, Like I mean I knew you were both on on soap operas at the same time, but I didn't know.
Speaker 2: We met and we kept in touch for a little while, and I think I was maybe like seventeen, he was eighteen. He's a year older than me, like seventeen, eighteen years old when we met babies and we stayed touch. But he lived in California. I remember I came out. Oh here's a trivia question for you guys. So I came out to California and I was in touch with John and he invited me to go where with him?
Speaker 3: Disneyland?
Speaker 2: Where you go?
Speaker 3: Shocker?
Speaker 2: So we went to disney Land. His friends do you remember Jimmy, Joe and those guys Papa do run run anyway? To go see Al.
Speaker 3: I was at his wedding. My family became really close with Alan, his family through John.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's so funny. Yeah. So anyway, we went to see the band, We went on stage Disneyland, and we kind of stayed in touch. And then he came to New York with a bunch of his friends and I had my girlfriends with me and we went out one night in New York City. But we didn't, you know, there was. It was not the time of cell phones. It was not the time of texting. You had to pick up the phone and call each other. And so then we sort of just drifted apart. And then the role on Full House came along, and I guess I was about twenty three, so you know, maybe four or five years later. And when I got the call to audition, they said, oh this. We had the same agent and my agent said, oh, my other client, John SteamOS, And I'm like, oh, I know John SteamOS and he's like, yeah, he's doing this show. And I'm like okay, great. And I was flat broke when I got the audition for Fullhouse. I had paid my rent and I had there had been like a strike. I hadn't worked for over a year. Remember I paid my rent. I walked into my agent's office and I was like, I need a job, like I'm I'm broke, like I And he said, oh, I just got this call. There's an audition. They were interested in seeing you. It's just six episodes for this show. And that's when he said my client, John Stamos. I'm like I know John. He's like, yeah, is this this is his show? New show? Or would you want to go in an audition for these six episodes, and I'm like, I will audition for anything, like anything, right, So that's how I ended up there, and then it was such a blessing because I stayed for seven years. Wow. So you guys never dated?
Speaker 1: You and John, Like, I feel like there's rumors that you guys dated.
Speaker 2: Before Full House, but that's not true because we were I think because we were friends, and I think, you know, like you know, when we were first hanging out, maybe if we had lived on the same coast, maybe something like we just we was like we kind of had these little hangout things and then.
Speaker 3: You know, we're young and cute, and you know, I like to.
Speaker 2: Tell some crazy story about you made out on the matter horn and I'm like what, But I think it's just that's just for me in his own history, or he's just he's.
Speaker 3: Just old now. I'm just skidding.
Speaker 2: He's just funny, but he's Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's so crazy though to think about that, Like you and John had met previously, Bob and Dave were friends previously, but like there, I mean, it's sort of also the nature of this business, right, is that if you're in it for a little while everyone sort of knows each other, but the way that all of us did, or that the adults on the show had connected previously, was not It was sort of happenstance and like not uh intentional, you know what I mean, It wasn't planned. Everyone was like Dave was in Detroit and Bob was on tour and that you know how everything sort of came together and then it was like we all like came back and there was just a level of like commonality already there. It was like all of our little stars had already sort of intertwined.
Speaker 2: You know, Dave was stayed on Bob's couch. I mean, they really did have that same relationship as Danny and and Joey and they.
Speaker 4: Were seventeen eighteen when they met, and seineteen eighteen nineteen.
Speaker 3: You and John eighteen seventeen eighteen.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's funny all of us, from the adults to the kids, have known each other almost our whole lives.
Speaker 2: Well, gosh, Judy, I mean I think about you guys. What you were five when I met you? I mean yeah, five, Mary, Kate and Ashley were what were they nine months? Ten months? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Nine months? The first season, Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when I came along, so they were a little bit older, but still but they really really talking yet. And what you and Candae Andrew were you ten when.
Speaker 3: I met you.
Speaker 1: We were ten years old when we started the show, So yeah, ten. I mean, we've known you about their lives.
Speaker 2: I know, it's crazy, but it's lovely. It's just so yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: It's generations.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, you guys have the adults the legacy has known each other since they were teenagers.
Speaker 3: We've known each other our whole lives, like what, yeah, and our kids have now, you know. I mean it's I know, you know, I mean to.
Speaker 4: Think that, like our kids are now almost as old as you guys were when you all sort of randomly met out there.
Speaker 2: Yeahs blowing, that's wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't imagine my life without you guys, Like I just can't even right sure, I know, before you guys or without you, No, it's.
Speaker 3: No, I don't really remember anything without you guys in my life.
Speaker 2: Isn't that funny? Which would make sense because you were fine. It's true, how many memories you really have before you're five. That's sort of like when you start like holding onto your memories five, six, seven years old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and all of them, I mean all of them, have you guys in them. You know, when I think of holidays, I think of like being at home, but I also think of our Christmas parties or like getting gifts for everyone on set or do you know, like everything that we grew up with was just so tied into this show. Are we doing outros or do we need to?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: We should we?
Speaker 4: I should probably just roll into it instead of announcing it, you know, like I don't know, leave this in right. I don't know, I'm just I just wanted to clarify, make sure I didn't like, you know, well, some time doing an outro and you were like, wait, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Well, sometimes we're like are we still recording?
Speaker 3: Are we not?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Like let's just tap.
Speaker 4: Just just roll it right, just push record and who knows what happens? Anything, well, anything goes, And if you've been listening to this podcast, you know that anything goes. And we are just the pinnacle of organization and professionalism here.
Speaker 3: Uh and you all love LRI just as much as we do. So we didn't want to skimp out on any questions for this interview.
Speaker 4: We will be releasing Part two with LORII this Friday, so make sure and stay tuned for a chance to hear even more from Aunt Becky herself. If you want to find us on Instagram, you can follow us at how Rude Podcast. You can also send us emails at Howard podcast at gmail dot com. Make sure you're liking and subscribing to the podcast wherever you're listening to it so that you can keep it up in the ratings and also leave us some reviews. We love to hear how it's going and what you guys are liking about the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, Ab for being here. You're amazing. I just wanted to say it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a rare and lovely moment of expression.
Speaker 3: Of your heart. You do have a heart. I do have a big heart. I have a big heart and lots of feelings. I just hide them under a way you do because it's scary. You do. I love you well and I appreciate you every day.
Speaker 4: I love you and I appreciate you too. Now let's see if I can now don't appreciation right? Hold on, get your bracelet.
Speaker 3: My bracelet.
Speaker 4: I got it, but I got to make sure I start at the right the Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, the world is small, but the house is full effortless thanks to the brace that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know about effortless but minimal. Cheers, cheers
Speaker 4: H