Speaker 1: Welcome In, We'll Driving the Great Episode three hundred on the eve of a potential three peat for the Kansas City Chiefs. Tuesday's pod was super NBA heavy. There's more NBA stuff we could get to. It is trade deadline day, however, it's also the last pod before the Super Bowl, so we're when we go to what missed the cut, it's going to be all the NBA stuff because this is a super Bowl only dynasty goat gambling show. That's what we're talking about, the game, legacy implications and bets you should make as we get ready for Super Bowl fifty nine. So what did miss the cut? Luca's introductory press conference not on there, the rest of the NBA trade deadline not on there. Demands you want to be tell it, says demands. A coin toss equels good bet? Is this an old take or a current take? Welcome in?
Speaker 2: Demand's the go ahead? Uh, thank you, pops, great bet. I still stand by it. I mean you either it or you don't see us or no, but Wales I would go.
Speaker 1: With, uh, you want you want it right now? Yeah? Tails? Yeah, you're taking tails? Yeah right, yeah, you got it. Listen, it's twenty one dollars to win twenty. I'm charging your minus one oh five juice like the So that's I want it, you can have it.
Speaker 2: I thought it was even.
Speaker 1: Well, sports books are not going to give you true even money. Oh they're Oh so the sports books they are giving you even money on it. Yeah, they're giving you a true even money wager.
Speaker 2: So I'll just little prob services to FanDuel.
Speaker 1: So it's almost like single uh single zero roulette, like a three to two double deck blackjack, like it's like old school Vegas.
Speaker 2: And the bat is a tail on the back of the quarter of the original quarter has got very similar wings to the Eagles logo.
Speaker 1: So oh intriguing. I didn't think about that. I thought you were gonna say one side's heavier than the other. So it's actually a smarter but doesn't matter. Like great subscriber view. This has been one of our best subscription and subscriber subscription and subscriber same thing weeks ever, so we appreciate that it is episode three hundred and I'm told we have a little look back coming, so demande take it away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, I mean we have done three hundred episodes. At the beginning of this podcast, the Rams had just beaten the Bengals in the Super Bowl, and you were talking about the Chiefs becoming a possible dynasty with what comes next. So we've got a little sot we're gonna play for you guys.
Speaker 1: Oh, let me hear now. As far as Chiefs dynasty, I guess you know, how do you define dynasty? If the Chiefs win the Super Bowl this next year? Is that a dynasty? If in four years or the five years since Mahomes was the starter, they made three super Bowls, won two of them and made five conference championship games, is that a dynasty? I don't know. If they were to win the next to it obviously is. But winning back to back's really hard. So dynasty to me is not the most important thing here. Most important thing is can that Chiefs from multiple Super Bowls? Wow?
Speaker 2: What I'm looking at where you're at now?
Speaker 1: You know? But what a moment. And also that was definitely pre never a doubt era because and again even in the home setup, I can't figure out how to show this. Damn. I've never learned how to show my arm to the camera. You could see my arm. In this week's Washington Post that picture in the post of my tattoo looked awesome. I've never looked more badass than that picture in the post. I feel like they photoshopped my forearms out here looking like Brad pitt On once onon a time in Hollywood. H And So what I said there was, if they win the next one, maybe it's a dynasty. If they win the next two, obviously two dynasty. But it's really hard to win back to back. And now we sit here on the precipice of three in a row. Man. That really that really great man. Yeah, it also remind you how lucky we are. I mean, that was a that was a that was coming off the worst loss in my opinion, of the entire Mahomes era, there have only been three losses, three playoff losses in the Mahomes era. The first one was kind of the way sports should be, Like, Mahomes was great, but they didn't kill the Patriots dead. And then it goes to overtime and we're gonna actually later in this podcast talk about that exact game, the twenty eighteen AFC Championship Game, because it is such an important one in the story of Mahomes and in the goat argument and all of it, and then Brady wins the coin toss. The Chiefs never get the ball, he goes right down the field. They win the game. Uh lost number two. The Chiefs were never in it. And you can put that on Patrick if you want. That'd be ridiculous. They couldn't block Tampa and it was thirty one to nine. Oh yeah, be in the super Bowl and lost. Number three is the only one that still It's like, what the what happened? They were up twenty one to three on Cincinnati. They then had an opportunity to score right before the half. Mahomes made a mistake, like there was seven seconds before the half. You can take one more shot to the end zone. He threw it short of the end zone. They run out of time. He and the enemy getting a bit of an argument going into the tunnel. They should have at least gotten three and then they fall apart and they lose. They get to overtime, win the coin toss. In overtime, you have third and ten. Mahomes blows a perfect ball to Tyreek, goes off his hands, the Bengals interception in four plays letter Bengals kicking the field goal season over and it's like, oh my god, what just happened? And that also they then traded Tyreek killins the last playoff game they lost, and so from that moment forward they won nine consecutive playoff games. No, Listen, the Patriots won ten playoff games in a row, but in the middle of that they missed the playoffs. So as far as over three without ever missing the playoffs, they're on the longest playoff winning streak ever. If they win the super Bowl, it's the longest playoff winning streak ever, whether you miss the playoffs or not. All the history stuff is coming later. The actual game breakdown is coming right now. So go ahead, demonsay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on Tuesday's pod, you said that you felt either team could win. You obviously are gonna go with the Chiefs here, But what how do you see the game playing out? Actually?
Speaker 1: All right, so let's You're right, I'm obviously gonna go with the Chiefs. But let's talk about what would have to happen for the Eagles to win. First. Okay, where the Eagles the matchups the Eagles can win. Okay that the first thing that would have to happen is Jalen Carter, the Eagles great young defensive tackle would have to dominate his matchup on the inside, whether it be Trey Smith or Mike Calliando. Jalen Carter would have to dominate that matchup and really push, get up, push from the interior of the pocket to get Mahomes off this spot and get Mahomes uneasy. Jordan Davis, the other excellent Georgia d tackle, not nearly as good as Jalen Carter, but good player would have to stuff the run and force the Chiefs into an exclusive drop back passing game. And even if those things happen, it doesn't tilt the scales enough defensively for Philly. The other thing that would have to happen is Slay and Quinnyon Mitchell would have to consistently win one on one with the Chiefs outside receivers Hollywood and Xavier Worthy and allow them to double Travis with Chauncey Gardner Johnson being the safety help. That is the recipe for the Eagles to slow down the Chiefs offense. It's incredibly difficult to do, but that's how they would do it. Flip side, when the Eagles have the ball, it's far more straightforward what they would have to do that. I do not think they're going to be able to do what they've done to everyone, which is Saquon just kill them. That is, the Chiefs are too well coached, too good of a tackling team for Saquon to just butt break out these twenty forty sixty yard runs. What they could do, however, is Saquon consistently keep them ahead of the sticks and get them in second and six, and then third and two and on a few of those run past downs. One of the things that makes the Eagles so difficult to deal with is they are just they stay consistently in a down and distance where you could run or pass right, and so the defense is gonna pick your poison situation. And if on some of those downs where if Saquan has just been getting four, six eight yards of pop, the Chiefs sell out to stop him and aj Brown gets deep down the sideline, then you pop a big play. So that's the recipe for Philadelphia, a lot of Saquon pop the big play, your best players on defense playing like your best players. That's the recipe for Philadelphia. That makes you nervous if you're a Chiefs fan. The problem in My opinion for the Eagles in this spot is there are just too many other ways for Kansas City to beat them. So here's what I think is going to happen. I think Chris Jones is going to dominate his matchup. I think that with the Eagles interior offensive linemen not being one hundred percent even if you expect them all to play. Talking about Dickerson and Cam Jurgens, I think Chris Jones is going to wreak havoc. Jalen Hurts all year has been one of the most efficient quarterbacks in the league when not pressured, and one of the least efficient quarterbacks in the league win pressured. The Chief's ability to get to the quarterback has changed dramatically since Charles Amena, who came back from his tour ACL You have a minil who carloftis, Michael Dana all rotating on as defensive ends. You have Chris Jones, one of the best players in league history, at the peak of his powers, wreaking havoc up the middle, and all of a sudden, you find yourself in must pass spots and where the Chiefs have been unbelievable and what I imagine they will do is trust Trent McDuffie to cover DeVante Smith one on one, use Jalen Watson along with the safety to double A. J. Brown, and dare Jalen Hurts to throw the ball over the middle of the field where he's not comfortable throwing. He likes throwing outside into the sidelines. And I think defensively, the Chiefs are going to be far and away the biggest challenge Philadelphia has dealt with this postseason flip side when kan City has the ball. This is not so much deep x's and o's analysis as much as it is you have one of the greatest athletes and maybe more important, one of the greatest competitors in the history of sports, who knows, probably this is my only chance to do this. Patrick Mahomes walks onto this field knowing I probably I could play thirty more years and I probably will never have another chance where if I win one game, I three p where I win one game, we become the greatest team in NFL history. And I think a dialed Patrick. When you add to it, Vic Fangio's running this defense. Vic Fangio his teams have played Patrick eight times. They are zero to eight. Patrick has played this defense more than he's played any other defense in the league because the Fangio kind of too high safety make him take the short stuff. Defense used to give Patrick real trouble. So everyone started doing it, so Patrick learned how to deal with it. Well, now you've taught the guy and given him immense experience against it, and now in the biggest game of his life, he's up against it. You add to it a fresh Travis Kelcey and a fully whole receiving corps for the first time really all year. I think the Chiefs are gonna be able to move the football. And if they are able to move the football through the air the way I think they're going to be able to, it will open up some run looks for Kareem Hunt more than Isaiah Pacheco. And then you add the ultimate X factor, which is the greatest postseason rushing quarterback ever is Patrick Mahomes and it is a superpower. He saves for the postseason, but it is so hard to account for. And unlike the last time they played the Philadelphia Eagles, he's fully healthy, and unlike the last Super Bowl they played against San Francisco, he doesn't have an entire position group openly revolting against him, and they're not coming off back to back to back brutal games that they had to kill themselves to win Super Bowl Him. Well, I mean last year it was just I mean, it was just drop after drop after drop.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 1: And last year, remember the route to the super Bowl was the coldest game played in the NFL in thirty years, followed by Road Buffalo Nip and Tuck Road Baltimore. The route to the super Bowl this year was back to back bye weeks, followed by Houston at home and then Buffalo at home. Not the same. So they come in fresher, they come in healthier, and the Eagles got here a lot of different ways. But here's one of them demons. This number will blow your mind. In these playoffs, the Eagles have committed zero turnovers. That's not shocking, that won't blow your mind. That's a good team. They have forced or received some force some given ten. The Eagles are plus ten in the turnover margin in these three playoff games. The chiefs in these playoffs have forced zero turnovers. They have committed one. So the Eagles got to the super Bowl being plus ten in the turnover battle. The Chiefs got to the Super Bowl being minus one in the turnover battle.
Speaker 2: They are the Chiefs are going to force the turnover for the Eagles.
Speaker 1: Well, I think this I didn't got The Chiefs don't have to win the turnover battle to win, but if they win the turnover battle, they can't lose. Again. My favorite stat in football right now is this one. During the run to the three peat, there have been twenty three games the Chiefs lost the turnover battle playoffs in regular season last three years. In those twenty three games, they are a good but not great thirteen and nine. Now that is a great record in games you lose the turnover battle, but thirteen and nine is not. You know, that's like a eleven and six pace, ten and seven pace right In games they win or tie the turnover battle. Over the last three years, the Kansas City Chiefs are thirty four and one and the one loss was Week one against Detroit two years ago when the one turnover was a pick six. So if the if the Chiefs don't commit turnovers, they can't lose. They are undefeated. In games they don't turn the ball over, they are thirty four and one. In games they don't lose the turnover battle. So now you can say, well, Philadelphia is averaging, you know, forcing on average more than three game in the playoffs. I don't think that's I don't think that's gonna keep up this week. And so all those reasons, I like Kansas City to score. I like Kansas City to score a season high in points. I think Kansas City gets to thirty four in this game. If you guys remember in the Bills game, I predicted thirty one. They got to thirty two, thirty four in this game. And I think this is a if I give you a score right now, I probably should do this later. But I'm gonna say thirty four four Kansas City not an easy win. I am not arguing that, but oh game that ends up being a ten point margin. One other note about the Chiefs in Super Bowls down double digits, every single one of them against the Niners, down twenty to ten with seven minutes left, and won the game thirty one to twenty one of the craziest results honestly in league history. Down twenty to ten seven minutes left in the game, won the game thirty one to twenty. Zero defensive scores involved against the Eagles. The first time everyone talks about that Jalen Hurts fumble score flipping the game. The Eagles were up fourteen to seven when that happened. The Chiefs scooped and scored, and it's fourteen to fourteen. The Eagles went into half up twenty four to fourteen. They rallied, recovered, had a ten point lead going into the half, and the Chiefs then and probably my favorite that.
Speaker 2: Say it again, they also got blessed there after they got in scoring position off an incomplete pass. But what do you mean the DeVante that didn't lead to a touchdown? I guess, I guess it's minor. But they were saying that, which one the DeVante Smith caught a pass off the sideline. It was for like forty yards and it was incomplete and it was complete Eagles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, ye, yeah, sorry, I didn't I didn't know what you're doing about. Yeah. Yeah, they very small. They called it at the point they know still it's something and then no. But my favorite stat of all these chief stances are the second half of the Eagles Super Bowl. They got every single yard they could have gotten, meaning if you get the ball on your own thirty you can get seventy yards on that possession. If you get the ball on your own twenty two, you can get seventy eight yards on that possession. In the second half, the Chiefs got every single yard they could get on every single drive except for the final yard on the final drive because they went down so they could kick the field goal. The Eagles couldn't stop. In the second half. Mahomes was an absolute machine. And then the Niners Super Bowl, they were down ten as well, and Mahomes threw a pick and they came back. So I we have yet to see a great first half from Patrick in a Super Bowl. I think we see it and the Chiefs win thirty four to twenty four. All right, demonse, Let's move on to some history stuff.
Speaker 2: All right, So people can hate and say whatever they want to say if they end up th repeating. But if they do end up repeating, what is it? What does this put the franchise historically in my homes? Let's start with the franchise, Yeah, franchise, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, as far as where it is amongst all time NFL franchises, we'll go kind of macro macro to micro and down all time NFL franchises. If the Chiefs pull this off, I believe.
Speaker 2: That only.
Speaker 1: The Niners and the Cowboys will have definitive case for better historic franchises. And you might say, why the Cowboys or the cow Because the Cowboys were unbelievable across multiple ears that were unbelievable in the seventies, they were unbelievable in the nineties, and they have managed to stay relevant for the last twenty five years. The Niners had the unbelievable run of the eighties, they were great in the nineties and won a Super Bowl. They have been to three Super Bowls in the two thousands. And you might say, why am I not including Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh did a disproportionate amount of it. Well, I want to be fair here. Pittsburgh and the Chiefs I think actually would be I guess similar just with the recency bias being on Kansas City side. Pittsburgh did all that work in the seventies and then was really good and consistent in the aughts, Like, yeah, maybe Pittsburgh would have six super Bowls kin Stidy would have five. I guess Pittsburgh's got to be there. And then you say the Patriots, I think you can put the Chiefs head to head with the Patriots, even though the Patriots have six because the Chiefs were great at the very beginning of the league. We're in Super Bowl one, one, super Bowl four and then have the greatest stretch of football in the history of the league. But they here's you know what, let's redo that. Not redo that, but let me rephrase it. They become a gold standard franchise. We don't need to rank them. But the gold standard franchises in the NFL right now are the Niners, the Steelers, the Cowboys, the Patriots, the Packers. That's them. The Chiefs join that group and you can't argue against it. They are in that tier. And then we could rank them however we wanted to. All right, So that's franchise. Now we go to dynasty. It's the greatest dynasty in football history. If they win. Now people are going to make the argument, no, New England's is New England's is not one dynasty, and I will go to my grave believing it. Because here's the thing people don't want or I don't want to say, don't want to think about, but I think don't remember about the Patriots run everyone knows. They didn't win a Super Bowl for a decade from you know, after the four to one, they didn't win another one until fourteen. That's not the disqualifying That's not why it's two separate dynasties. It's two separate dynasties because five to twenty ten was bad and it so let me walk you through why you have to separate the dynasties. For New England, one to four is a dynasty. And and then you can either say eleven to eighteen, twelve to eighteen, or the accurate way to put it is fourteen to eighteen. That's the dynasty. But one to two or five to twenty ten. Here is what happened to the Patriots going for a three peat. They get clocked in round two by Jake Plumber. They were ten and six, they had to play in the wild card round and Jake Plumber and the Broncos ended their quested history. So for some like the comp to that would have been if this year the Chiefs were a middling team that won their Round one playoff game and then in round two Russell Wilson in the Steelers beat him. Kind of put a sour taste in your mouth on the season, but you're owing for a three peat. Then next year six they are up twenty one to three in the AFC Championship Game. This happened to the Chiefs and they lost to Peyton Manning. He came all the way back. The next year they were undefeated, playing a ten win Giants team in the Super Bowl as fourteen point favorites and lost. Next year, insane, that demands what's crazy about that? Is that used to happen all the time. Remind me to come back to that. Remind me when I finished this. The next year, two thousand and eight, they missed the playoffs. The next year, two thousand and nine, they lose in Round one by nineteen points to Joe Flacco. The next year, in twenty ten, they get the buye. They're the number one seed, and they lose their first playoff game at home to Mark Sanchez. So don't tell me your one dynasty. If a six year stretch of that dynasty, you have wait, hold on one, two, three, Yeah, six year stretch of that dynasty. Three years, you don't win a single playoff game. One year a fourth year, I should say, you don't make it to the conference Championship Game. The year you do make it to the conference championship game, you blow a twenty one to three lead. And the year you do make it to the Super Bowl, you have one of the most disappointing Super Bowl performances ever. And when the quarterbacks who sent you home in your playoff losses were Peyton Manning, who's awesome, and then Joe Flacco, Eli Mann who at that point had done nothing, uh, Jake Plumber and Mark Sanchez. So the Patriots dynasty is one to four and then fourteen to eighteen. And what a dynasty looks like is what they did fourteen to eighteen. Fourteen win the Super Bowl fifteen, lose in the AFC Championship Game by two sixteen, win the Super Bowl seventeen, lose the Super Bowl eighteen, win the Super Bowl. Those are your two dynasties for New England. Okay, the Patriots are the chief six year run win Super Bowl, lose Super Bowl, lose in overtime at the conference title game, win Super Bowl, win, super Bowl wins super Bowl. Nothing comes close to it, nothing, not even the Steelers of the seventies who went back to back then missed it by two years. And then back to back again because the that if we're again we got to pick nits. Here they went to four, the Chiefs will have gone to five. And those Steelers' two playoff losses were in the conference championship game by seventeen and a road Round one playoff game by thirteen. So the Steelers are out of there. If the Chiefs win this, that trump's that. And you say that the Niners in the eighties, the Niners won four, went to just four and it was over nine years. So it is the greatest dynasty ever. That's not for debate. I would argue this, and this would be for debate. They become the greatest team in the history of the league this year, this team, and people are going to push back. The argument for it is the following. No team will have ever won more games in a season than the Chiefs. And it's not because of the extra game, because they didn't even play their guys in the extra game. They lost it. Anyway, they would have beaten ten won ten games against playoff teams. One team all year would have beaten them straight up, and they then beat that team in the playoffs. They would be doing it under the weight of going for a three peat. They would be doing it under the weight of catastrophic injuries to one side of the ball at the beginning of the season. They would be doing it in today's media climate, which is so so different and so much more day to day pressure and stress and all of it. And they would have done it when the league is built to prevent this exact thing. They would have done it playing a game on every single day of the week. They would have done it without any any scandal, correct and so, and they would have They would have done it against all odds and with not even anything close to like an easy draw. They got the best team in the NFC in the Super Bowl. With respect to the Lions. The Lions weren't the best team after the injuries and they had to go through Buffalo. So I think it'd be the greatest team ever. Now I do want to tell you just quick sidebar year by year super boring. Yeah, so, uh, this will blow your mind demand because it great. We eat. Super Bowls are something you get to grow up with. I did not, so super Bowls were just constantly blowouts forever likes no fun. Here's some super Bowl scores. Demanse starting in the mid eighties Okay Raiders thirty eight, Washington nine, San Francisco thirty eight, Miami sixteen, Chicago forty six, New England ten Giants thirty nine, Denver twenty, Washington forty two, Denver ten. These are in order. San Francisco twenty, cinc. Ninety sixteen a good one, San Francisco fifty five, Denver ten Giants twenty, Buffalo nineteen and then Buffalo after losing that. They lost that they had a field goal at the gun to win it, nor would missed it. They then went to three more in a row. They lost thirty seven to twenty four, fifty two to seventeen, th to thirteen, San Francisco forty nine, San Diego twenty six just blowout city. Well, my whole life's.
Speaker 2: Going on there? Why is that? Was it?
Speaker 1: Because the NFP was dramatically better than the AFC, And that's why, I mean, the NFC won every Super Bowl from eighty four till I'm looking ninety seven. So the NFC won fourteen in a row or thirteen in a row. But here are the point spreads. Demanse just San Francisco favored by twelve, one by forty five, Dallas favored by ten and a half, one by seventeen. San Francisco favored by eighteen and a half, one by twenty three, eighteen and a half point line in the super Bowl. It's super Bowl. We were like Dallas favored by thirteen and a half, won by ten. Green Bay favored by fourteen, one by fourteen. This one will blow your mind. Green Bay favored by eleven. Lost, damn to Denver, all right, charge tables, the Tables of Christ. And then and then it happened again. Saint Louis favored by fourteen over Brady's Patriots lost, Greatest Show on Turf favored by fourteen and lost. And then obviously famously, New England favored by I guess it ended up going off at twelve. They lost. But we haven't had a Super Bowl since New England was favored by twelve and the seven Super Bowl the next year Pittsburgh is favored by seven. They won by four. We have not had a single Super Bowl with a favorite of more than four and a half. And that also kind of speaks to why this should be impossible because the league is so different. Now everything's supposed to be close. You just know close super Bowls, and the Super Bowl lines have been you know, Niners by two, Eagles by two, Rams by four, Kse by three, Case by one and a half, New England by two and a half, New England by four, and app New England by three, Carolina by four and a half, Seattle by one, Denver by two, like as opposed to these giant spreads of when I was a kid. And so the I mean, that's just, by the way, the most famous game maybe in NFL history. You've seen the picture of Joe Namat Demonse running off the field pointless. Finger Jets Colts Baltimore was favored by eighteen. They scored seven in the game, lost sixteen to seven. And so it just sounds like Vegas.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man.
Speaker 1: Well the I mean, well, you see in the eighties and the early nineties, they couldn't set a line high enough. Like I was telling you, all these teams that were favored by double digits, they just kept covering. Chicago favored by ten, they win by thirty six. The Giants favored by nine and a half, they win by nineteen. San Francisco favored by twelve, they win by forty five points. You can't set a lot like they try to set a line in San Francisco. Favored by eighteen and a half, they win by twenty three. Like you just couldn't set a line high enough. And so yeah, you could just it.
Speaker 2: Was I mean even regular season games like it's rare that you get.
Speaker 1: Never plus eighteen, they never do. That's what I'm so, that's why this that's why this was actually a good exercise because it speaks to why what the Chiefs are doing should be impossible, right because all the games it's so different. Now you don't get these games where you're just a huge, huge favorite. All right, let's let's talk. We're going too long. Let's talk Patrick here before we get to our bets.
Speaker 2: So yeah, earlier, earlier this week, you made the point of with the three peet in the wind, that Patrick Mahomes would be the unanimous goat. But it died to be a little difficult to call in the unanimous goat considering Brady as seven and you know, the head to head, So I want to talk about that.
Speaker 1: I don't think it'll be unanimous, but I think here's what I think. I think that if you truth serumed football fans who's the best player you've ever seen? Mahomes would win that. I think that.
Speaker 2: People are lying when they say Patrick Mahomes isn't the greatest be.
Speaker 1: Like, well, I think that they are being too uh reliant or dedicated to the hardware. But I which the hard ware does matter. But I so I'll take a step further. I think if you told people, hey, here's the deal, weird scenario, but I have access to give you any player ever, and I can't tell you what type of team or what team I'm dropping them on, but I can tell you this. You get to pick one player, and if that team wins, you get a million dollars. Who are you picking which player? Any position, any era, and I'm not telling you where when the game is playing, who they're against, who's on their team. I think people would pick peak Mahomes over Peak Brady, and I don't think that would be particularly close. I also think that this is a relevant data point, which is Tom Brady, who is amazing, went to ten Super Bowls and won seven. Do you know how many of those teams did not have a top eight scoring defense? Top eight? So the reason I said top eight is there's thirty two teams that's top quarter of the league right ten super Bowl appearances, seven ranks. One team that he took to a Super Bowl did not have a top eight scoring defense. Zero teams that he won a championship with did not have a top eight scoring defense. Patrick Mahomes has just now recently had really good defenses. Patrick Mahomes has already been to two Super Bowls and one Wondering without a top eight scoring defense. For all of Tom Brady's amazing playoff numbers, he is he is six and five in his career in the playoffs without a top eight scoring defense. Mahomes is six and two, So he's already won as many playoff games as Tom did his whole twenty some year career without a top eight scoring defense. So people are going to bring up the head to head and the Super Bowls, the Super Bowl, Brady was very good, Mahomes was running for his life and was not. And if people want to say that's you know that one game determines it, so be it. But if people are going to argue the two to zero piece of it, I am going to not only ask them to go back and watch that Chiefs Patriots AFC Championship game, but I am going to remind them of this. Tom Brady in that game through one touchdown, had two picks and threw the pick to lose the game that was nullified by a correct but meaningless DFOURD off sides penalty. He had a seventy seven rating. Patrick Mahons had three touchdowns, zero picks in a one to seventeen rating. And that was actually the game demands a that set the legend of Mahomes in the playoffs late, because here's the situation. Patrick Mahomes, in his first year as a starter with one of the worst defenses in the league, found himself down ten going into the fourth quarter against Tom Brady. He led the Chiefs all the way back and they took the lead midway through the fourth. The Chiefs defense then immediately gave up a touchdown with three point thirty two left in the game. Patrick Mahomes in ninety seconds drove them down the field to take the lead with two minutes left. The Chiefs defense then immediately gave up a touchdown and Patrick Mahomes found himself in his second playoff game in the AFC Championship game in his first year as a starter down three with thirty seconds left at his own thirty yard line with one time out, and he got him in field goal range twenty one seconds later, and they tied the game. And then they go to overtime, coin toss, didn't get the ball. Brady third and ten completion to Edelman, third and ten completion to Edelman, third and ten completion to Gronk and I'm a puddle on the ground. Game over. They and they won, and they earned it. But Patrick Mahomes in that game threw more touchdown passes then Tom Brady did his entire postseason run to the Super Bowl his first year as a starter. And so if we want to if we're gonna say the head to head matters, the fair reading of it is, in the regular season, it's three to one Patrick, and in the postseason it's two oh Tom. But Patrick thoroughly outplayed Tom the first time they met, and Tom thoroughly outplayed Patrick the second time they met. So that's to me, not as drastic as folks want to make it. The other argument people will make is man, Tom Brady walked into a disaster situation. Mahomes walked into an amazing situation. One way to look at it. Another way to look at it is this Tom Brady walked into a franchise that had been that was in the Super Bowl six years prior. It was a franchise and it was in another Super Bowl a decade before that. When Patrick Mahomes took over for Alex Smith. I'll put it in terms of I was thirty four years old. Okay, I was thirty four years old when Patrick Mahomes took over. The Chiefs had won one playoff game since I was nine. Patrick Mahomes took over for a franchise that had won one playoff game in twenty five years of football. They have now since he's been there, won seventeen playoff games. Patrick Mahomes took over for a team that before he had gotten there, had been to the AFC Championship Game once in fifty years. They've now been there seven times in a row. Patrick Mahomes took over for a team that had been to zero Super Bowls in the fifty years before he got there. They've now been to five in the last six years. Patrick Mahomes took over a team that had won one Super Bowl ever, and it was fifty years prior. They have now won three and on the precipice of four. There is not a single thing Tom Brady could do on the football field that Patrick Mahomes can't. There are a few things Patrick Mahomes can do that Tom Brady can't. Patrick Mahomes has won a Super Bowl with the terrible defense. Patrick Mahomes has won a Super Bowl with bombs away. Patrick Mahomes won a Super Bowl dinking and dunking. The absolute floor for Patrick Mahomes is make the AFC Championship game. Tom Brady missed the playoffs when he was defending his first title. So if they pull off a three peat, if they do this under these auspices of how the NFL tries to make this impossible, not only are they the greatest team ever, He's the greatest player in the history of the league, and deep down I think everyone will know it. This episode of wat Trot has brought to you by Day of Pizza featuring dairy free cheese made with their new daya Oak cream blend. Dairy free cheese come a long way, and Day is leading the charge their pizzas off of the Melton stretch of traditional cheese without any dairy. Each Day of Pizza starts with a perfectly crisped crust, layered with savory, satisfying toppings, and finished with cheese that melts and stretches beautifully. The DAYA Oat Green blend delivers a creamy, cheesy texture that's indistinguishable from dairy based options. Every pizza's crafted be dairy free, making a great choice for anyone seeking more inclusive meal options without compromising on tape. DAYA takes the concept dairy free to level, eliminating fau MoU the fear of missing dairy. These pizzas deliver delicious taste and texture, making them perfect for any occasion, from casual dinners to game day spreads. Enjoy a faux move free pizza night with day of is it dayafoods dot com for more information, or find Day of Pizza retailers like Whole Foods, Kroger, and Walmart coming soon to select publics and sprouts. Follow DAYA on Instagram and TikTok for more updates and recipes. All right, demanse, Let's get to the gambling show playoffs nine to three and one, No Shame, No? Nine? What am I? All right? No? Eight? Three and one. In the playoffs, No shame in that not gonna be able to get obviously didn't wasn't perfect and not gonna get to the ten wins. But I really am only focused on the ninth. Uh you but go ahead, you can ask me official pick and e else. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: This is uh just a formality here. But you know you've got the Chiefs, uh dear, what's your I mean, what's your official peak? I mean you've got Chiefs minus one and a half.
Speaker 1: Thirty four to twenty four, Kansas City, Kansas City minus one and a half. Obviously, this game demands does really put my never hedge position uh to the test.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So here's so here's why I'll share something with the audience. If they've been watching this long, they deserve to hear it. So you know, I'm in that that gambling group, right, a bunch of guys that we all the no not survivors, just like a big group chat where we you know, bet futures with each other. But the other thing we do is you can trade teams. So as of for instance, the going into the playoffs, the Chiefs and the Lions had very similar Super Bowl lones. So let me just explain this group to the audience real quick. The way this works is bets work as stocks, where they if they if a bet wins, it's worth one hundred dollars a share, and if it loses, it's worth zero dollars a share, and it trades throughout the year. So like, if the Chiefs are ten to one to win the super Bowl, then they would be worth essentially nine dollars a share. And then if they at some point are five to one to win the super Bowl and they're like eighteen dollars a share, then I could you can sell it and whatever. Again, it's complicated, doesn't matter. Point is this, You can also trade. So like all give you one hundred shares of the Lions. If you give me one hundred shares of the Chiefs, meaning hundred times one hundred is ten thousand. Meaning if the Lions win the super Bowl, I would if I gave someone a hundred sold someone one hundred shares of the Lions, I would owe them ten thousand dollars. If the Chiefs win the Super Bowl, they would owe me ten thousand dollars. And if anything else happens, there's no action, no money changes hands, whatever it is, So I give that whole context to say this. Now, I am now in a position where let me check my ledger. Because I traded the Lions with a handful of people, I also got the Chiefs at a few moments where they're on to dipped, like six to one, seven to one. Essentially, this where I find myself where once again we have a real big number on the Chiefs to win that I can win a big number and I can't really lose that much. So it is let me do the actual math on this. I essentially have the short version of this would be I essentially have the Chiefs at effectively eight to one to win the super Bowl. That's how all the math of this ends up sorting out. So I could bet a relatively small amount on the Eagles to win this game to just guarantee that I don't actually lose money on the Super Bowl. I could bet a big amount on the Eagles to win this game to lock in a very good profit because I have one side at eight to one and it's essentially an even money game. Or I could do absolutely nothing and just let it ride and trust in the three peat. I'm obviously gonna do absolutely nothing and let it ride and trust in the three peat. But it is it would be Chiefs winning would make it the only bigger win of my life. Would have been betting Biden to win the election after the election had been called four years ago. It'll be the second biggest gambling hit of my life if the Chiefs win.
Speaker 2: A while ago. This is before the season, I imagine.
Speaker 1: It was before the season, was during It's a bunch of it's accumulation of bets. It's you know what I mean, some before the season, some during the season when the Chiefs odds drops a lot of Chiefs swaps. I had a bunch of swaps for the I'll give you the Lions, you give me the Chiefs after the Lions suffered those injuries and I thought they were drawing dead, and I did a lot of Ravens swaps where I'll give you Ravens. I'll give you one hundred shares of the Ravens if you give me one hundred and ten shares of the Chiefs, because the Ravens had better odds than the Chiefs. And now the Chiefs will last me in standing. And I have no Eagles liability, So that's all that's going on. I don't know if the audience cares. Now, let's play two wrongs in a right.
Speaker 2: Uh, so we're gonna run through. We're gonna play a game two wrongs on right, but we're doing it in the Super Bowl betting fashion, So it would be two drops, you know, take a couple leave one. So first off, we've got my homes here as passing yards at over under twenty two hundred and fifty one and a half plus I mean minus one ten at minus one ten, and then.
Speaker 3: You got the pass both sides yep, yeah, and then you got so go ahead, sorry, pass passing touchdowns over under one and a half at minus one seventy five, rush attempts over under six and a half.
Speaker 2: Plus one twenty and minus one fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, no, you got that right. I would I'm not gonna bet over on the touchdowns at minus one seventy five. I if I had to just bet one of these all take over six and a half Rushi attempts. You figure, go ahead, de manse. You gotta take two, though, I don't think so it's two wrongs one right least one you have it exactly backwards, but I might pick two actually, Okay, because you got it. And here's the thing. I need to hit over seven. I need four scrambles and three Neil downs at the end and I get to my seven and so and I'm getting plus money on that, and he just had eleven in the last game. I also do like over two hundred and fifty one and a half passing yards, so I actually would I would not do the passing touchdowns because of the big number and because they could hand them all off to Xavier Worthy. There's different things that could happen. I would do the Russia attempts and the pass yards. Let's do Saquon all right.
Speaker 2: For rushing yards, he got the over under at one hundred and twelve and a half. Our rush attempts over under twenty one and a half, and anytime touchdown score one is at minus one ninety two's at plus two ninety five.
Speaker 1: Though I will take Sequon under attempts under twenty one and a half because I think they're gonna be behind now. He might still hit the total in yards, so I would be afraid to take the Like. Listen, he's averaging one hundred and thirty yards a game this year, so I'd be scared to take, you know, one twelve and a half seems like a light number. The any time touchdown problem is is Jalen Hurtzel snipe them with the tush push. So I would take sequon under twenty one and a half.
Speaker 2: All right, next, Oh, next, we got your guy Kelsey. Reception over under six and a half. Our reception yards is sixty one and a half and reception touchdowns one is plus one forty five twos plus one thousand.
Speaker 1: He's listen, he's having it.
Speaker 2: Javilardy said, you were taking Mahomes on the touchdown.
Speaker 1: So he is, no, I'm taking the yards. I'm taking Kelsey over sixty one a half yards. He had seventy at least seventy yards in fourteen straight playoff games. Now, because one team slowed him down and that, by the way, they resulted in the Chiefs scoring thirty two points, we think he's not gonna have a big super Bowl might be the last game of his career. Now. He did say it media Day that he was asked, what are you gonna be doing in three years? In three years, you're like, hopefully still playing for the Chiefs. That seems optimistic, but he doesn't seem to think he's gonna, you know, be retiring, But no, Kelsey's gonna have at least sixty five yards. That's my favorite one of these. Yet is so far? All right?
Speaker 2: Next Chiefs touchdown score Hollywood Brown one at plus two eighty two at plus twenty five hundred, Xavier Worthy one for one sixty five, and then two for plus twelve hundred, and then Andre Hopkins won for plus five fifty twos plus five thousand, five hundred.
Speaker 1: What's Kareem Hunt? Can you guys look that up and put it on the screen. You guys know, I like this. Kareem Hunt, and tell me Kareem Hunt? And tell me Mahomes?
Speaker 2: I feel like cream Hunts. So's I'm bind you for? I'm sorry? Actually plus two ninety?
Speaker 1: No? I bet that. No, I bet he's lower than that. Yeah, the mahomes? What's mahomes plus three ten? I? I gosh, I don't know, man. If this game were to potentially get out of hand, Demansey, could we see Andy do a Philly special Travis passing to Patrick, I don't know. Could the Chiefs do their own Mahomes? Is my answer? Kareem's gonna score, but I'll take the I'll take Mahomes plus three ten and I'll take Kareem plus one forty. I'll parlay those two adds good money. All right, what's the Eagles ones go ahead?
Speaker 2: Uh, Eagles touchdown? You got Jalen Hurts one touchdowns minus one ten two plus five fifty. You got a j. Brown ones at plus one sixty five, twos at plus twelve hundred, and you got Devonte Smith one's plus two forty twos two thousand plus two thousand.
Speaker 1: Jalen Hurts minus one ten just to score a touchdowns? Yeah, yeah, that's an easy one. And Hunt and Mahomes to scores plus nine fifty. Love it, love it um at Barkley's minus one ninety five to score a touchdown. I understand. I would. I would take the other side of that. I would. I the Again, I'm not saying you won't score, but if I choose he's it's plus four point fifty. No TD, that can't be right. No that I was gonna say the arbitrage that and crush. No, it's probably like plus one forty no TV or something. All right, what's this triple crown thing we're doing? Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So who lead the game in past passing yards, reception yards, and rushing yards.
Speaker 1: Between Mahomes, Kelsey Saquon. I was, I was bet here's what I would do on that. Honestly, I would consider doing Mahomes in Saquon and then betting a number of different guys, Like if I were like Mahomes and Saquon plus Kelsey, Mahomes and Saquon plus Worthy, Mahomes and Saquon plus A. J. Brown. But I would do Mahomes, Kelsey and Saquon, and I would imagine that's the favorite.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: I know that's probably the square bet, but I imagine that's the favorite. All right, let's do the offer because this podcast is going on too long, but then we've got other stuff to do. Yeah, so it's you.
Speaker 2: Their offer has been rough. You didn't like a lot of the offers this year, so I feel like I've got it. But they were hitting you and you weren't taking them, so we got to reach it.
Speaker 1: They even you guys gave me a Falcons first drive missed field goal. It's like a thousand to one I do, Yeah, go.
Speaker 2: Ahead, Uh so we're gonna go through them. Yeah, fifty nine seconds we're gonna run through here. You just tell me yes or no if you like them.
Speaker 1: Okay, go all right?
Speaker 2: First off any quarter scoreless plus four ten, yeah your name?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Yes? Any tight end to record first touchdown at plus four fifty maybe okay. Chiefs to win by exactly three points is at plus nine to fifty. Maybe keep going the Xavier Worthy to have fifty plus yard fifty one fifty plus yard reception at plus sixteen nine. No, okay, Kelsey to score first and last touchdown at plus nine thousand.
Speaker 1: And ninety to one. Yes for yeah me up? Okay, Uh, here're one your score. Prediction.
Speaker 2: Chiefs to win thirty four to twenty four is at plus thirteen thousand, one.
Speaker 1: Hundred and thirty to one. Yes, sign me up.
Speaker 2: Octopus plus thirteen hundred.
Speaker 1: No, I don't you. Guys just hit me what octopus were last year, and I thought it was dumb and then it kept happening.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Uh, who will have more? Who have more? Patrick Mahomes past attempts for Scottie Barnes points plus rebounds and assists.
Speaker 1: That's it helps. I'm not I don't want to have to pay attention on superol Sunday to the route, be like, I've got a sweat out a Raptors game. That's stupid. I'll take Kelsey first and last at ninety to one. I'll take my score at one hundred and thirty to one. And I guess if I'm taking Kelsey first and last, no, then I won't even need the action on any tight end to score the first TD because I've already got that juice there. And sure, and Chiefs win by exactly three points plus nine fifty. They win a lot of Super Bowls by three points. I'll take that one as well. All right, So last thing before we go to Monday for episode three hundred. Uh so, yeah, we played the side at the beginning. This shit's kind of highlight how far the Chiefs have gotten. We just want to show how far we've come in the three hundred episodes. Oh for the what's right pot, We've got another shot for you guys, let me hear it. But I said come work with me on the podcast. Something got lost in translation. I meant like, set up the cameras, make sure the audio is right. And some genius back in LA was like, hey, why don't we have him host it with you so so far, so good. I'm enjoying it. Wow, I didn't even remember.
Speaker 2: That betting you off in the middle of your yeah on the show.
Speaker 1: And that was I mean three years. We're coming up on three years, three hundred episodes. Pretty good. All right, great job, see everyone in New Orleans. Enjoy the shows. Talk to you guys soon. What's right,