Speaker 1: What's going on everybody? It's the ae W. That's all Elite Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion Swarve Strickland right here on the Bootleg keV podcast.
Speaker 2: Yo Man, Bootleg CAV Podcast Special guests in here. The AW World Heavyweight Champion Swarve Strickland is here.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: You I got to talk to this guy at Rolling Loud and since then he has picked up this amazing piece of.
Speaker 1: Hardware, amazing hard work hardware.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I gotta ask you, man, Like it's kind of crazy because I had seen you're kind of like somebody on Twitter had posted I guess, like a Twitter version of like your come up in the last like three or four years, Like you had kind of went from like being kind of like underutilized and underappreciated in a different company to come into AW and you've been making noise for you know, over a year now, And like what's it feel like when you finally are able to put this on and like hold that thing up?
Speaker 1: Like, man, it's literally like I'm probably the only one from like that two or five Live era to go into world heavyweight title status. So crazy, just like yeah, so like and if you look at that roster that that that crop and talent. I don't think people would have like really saw me as that at the time there was there has been like I probably would have been the last choice or one of the last few choices of like one of the guys that could have been like the headliner made a Ventor World Champion type material in that era, and like I never would say like I was like underutilizer and I just didn't have enough time there. Like you see a lot of guys who are main eventing over there now they had a lot of time. It's been a long time to marinate, get the character, but also like build equity with the company, build time with them, they build like they grow. Like that's like Drew McIntyre is a prime example of that guy who's like the primest example. Yeah it was there, but then got let go up and came back and then like Okay, now he has a lot more time and tenure, so now he can like grow with the audience, grow with the roster, with the staff, with the marketing team departments also made me like him, and I was yeah, yeah, shout out Drew. He's a good home as a home, he's a homie. But yeah, like it's just like it's just like with that place, it's just about time and equity and putting in like just he's building chemistry and trust within that organization. And I just didn't have a lot of time there, and then they didn't allow me a lot of time. If I would have, who knows what I would have been doing over there. Still, I don't know. Maybe maybe it wouldn't have gotten better. Maybe it would have, but like that's just that's how the business works with these things. And I just got I took my opportunity and I built time in equity with Tony, and Tony trusted me from day one. Tony like literally was like day one, I like, I have plans for you, and I want to put you on to do what you do, be you be yourself and go out there before him because that's what I'm getting. That's why I'm like bringing you in here to do Yeah it's oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well so that's one thing like with Tony is it feels like he's like as much as he's a very successful guy, very wealthy guy, it feels like when he's running, aw, he runs like he's like a fan first which I think is a very cool approach to like wrestling, because we've always seen like certain people were like, man, I wish that guy would get over, that guy would get an opportunity. And I feel like Tony is the guy who's on Twitter like I wish that guy would get an opportunity, was right, But he's running the company. What is like the like what do you think are the misconceptions about Tony Kahan? And like what are what are some things that like you've already kind of learned just being so close to somebody like that who's a powerful guy.
Speaker 1: You know, he's a guy that likes good wrestling. Yeah, you know, he's like he's literally like as far as like what he likes, he's one of the fans and when it comes to that, he just likes to see good wrestling. Uh, And that's what all EAT wrestling's mainly about, Like how you went over the fan base is like you gotta do it in the ring. Like there's certain guys and certain people, certain acts and certain performers. They get opportunities to do it another different ways and that's great, but like, ultimately it's a wrestling company. It's literally like primarily wed they had the best wrestling and to be like, to be the top of that card, be the top of the company, you gotta perform. And in the time when all EAT Wrestlings started, that was kind of deprived on national television.
Speaker 2: Oh for sure a while, you know, definitely a dark air over at the other.
Speaker 1: Like and but they've always had great talent though for sure. You know, it was just like the product was primarily something what they wanted. They wanted to present, something that was sports entertainment. That's what they built the bread and butter from right, you know, that's what they do and like nobody does it better than them. We wanted to build, build our narrative, our alternative to what's unique to us and what we the fan base was missing at the time and what the industry needed. And it was just like, we need an alternative. We need someplace where even people that are over there that really wanted to break out and just deliver the type of wrestling they wanted to do, not the type of wrestling that they want to show, the type of wrestling they wanted to do, show their art and all the wrestling gave them that. And seeing Moxley come over, you know, like feeling showing his rejuvenation in the wrestling, rejuvenated Adam Cole, rejuvenated myself, rejuvenated, and letting the creators and the artists create in Christian the art Christian like showing like another like, man, he can run with this thing another five ten years if he wanted to know just the hell of a heel. He always was such a good heel too, right, But also aw allowed him to like really push the boundaries on the material as well, you know, like there's certain like yeah, there's certain stuff that you guys, yeah, yeah, even the source material, like you can't say certain things like talking about dead fathers and stuff like, there's certain ways you can't like really go in a WW with aw Tony. Really he gets a kick out of like pushing the boundaries a little bit more and on national television, and you know that's where competition always really stem from and pro wrestling.
Speaker 2: I was gonna ask you, like when you get over there, right, because you know it's so hard.
Speaker 1: I you know, I'm I love watching wrestling.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna I have a surface level understanding what's going on aw at all times. But like I told you before, the started like, it's it's harder for me to watch it because I don't have cable and shit, but I love wrestling. I watch I watch every pay per view I watch. I go to fucking I try to go to at least three or four a year. It like, what for like, could you kind of like give me an idea of what it's like like you get to aw what are the things that you know, you feel like, Okay, I have to do this, this or this to start to make the fans give a fuck about me? Because to me, that's the hardest thing is like there's so many guys that are really good at wrestling, and they can put on great matches, they could take great bumps, they can make guys look good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's like the the.
Speaker 2: X factor is like how do you get the people to give a fuck about you like that?
Speaker 1: Because that's where this comes into play. That's you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: And to me, that like, like you said, you didn't have time to even figure that out really with WWE, So like what were the things that you were able to kind of like conscientiously do to kind of like make people really give a fuck?
Speaker 1: For me, it was always about like what lane isn't being taken up for me? That's where I first think in smart I look at I observe the landscape of like everything. I start with my home base, which was ALI Wrestling. I look at the roster, male female managers, groups, factions, management managers. I look everywhere. Then I look at the archetypes. What archetypes are being taken up. You know the jocks, there's the right you know, the artists. Then there's the dark characters of the House of Black. Okay, So you look at all these types of things, I'm like, Okay. Then it's like where do I fit in with these things? Where? And then also like, what's what's something unique about myself that I know that I truly know about myself that I can really portray and display to the world in my way? Where's my voice? So like, look at this like it's als the music industry. Look at all these albums. I'm like, all these albums that you see right here tell different stories. They have different archetypes, they tell they have different looks, right, just like how does a speaker box like stand out to a Ready to Die from Biggie? How does a college drop out with Kanye West stand toe to toe with the Carter with Wayne, Right, how's the chronic with the dog Pound and like all these things. So you're just looking at like where can I get in, where I fit in? Figure it out. Then of course it's aw has to be proven in the ring. You got to go out there and wrestle your ass. You got to prove it in the ring. You got to prove in the ring. Promos are amazing, and I would say it's sixty.
Speaker 2: Forty wrestling to promo or promo to wrestling.
Speaker 1: Wrestling to promo sixty percent in the ring forty percent. Yeah, another place is like more maybe flip the other way, you know, yeah, you know for sure.
Speaker 2: But now there's been guys that's been ninety ten promo to wrestling.
Speaker 1: And they've had long, illustrious careers. Something of them happens. Yeah, yeah, some people like and there's very few people like that can do that. Like even a MJF. He's like heavy promo, heavy heavy promo, but at the end of the day, he goes out there, he proves it in the ring and he wrestles his ass off and he shows out. You know, so I got a hell of a tan when he was away by the way, Oh yeah, brutal. He came out said, he looks like he came straight from King Cool. Yeah, oh yeah, probably was, you know, like all that rest man. But but he was also working. His body shows it, you know, he looks great. But uh so then you also got to find out once again, you start all over again in the ring, where do I find? Where do I fit in? Where Lane is being taken up the luchadors, they're killing it, like it's very hard to compete with like a vikingo a Phoenix. You're not gonna out to the lutators. Then, just like the grappling and the Greco Roman style, like well, Brian dance is the best in the world at that, you know, so and you just kind of like narrow it down. So it's just for me, It's just like something that's really I like film. I'm a big fan of like film and horror. So I was like, hmmm, horror mixed with a hip hop mogul. That's two different genres. But if I bleed these together, I can kind of create something very unique in something that's never been done, like maybe maybe like I don't remember that ever, but just for that sake. It's just like it's so far fetched, and like if you say it out there, it's like you said a lot was like, that doesn't make sense. How do you make that happen? It's like, okay, take like a Snoop Dogg bones shouts of Bones man, how great of an actor? Snoop wasn't true, but it fits. Then I'll take like I'm a Wesley Snipe fan. Then there's like a New Jack City, a blade, a demolition man. So there's all these like little elements. I'm like, these are images that I like that almost like you're putting your mood board together kind of in a sense. But it's just I never put anything on that, but like you know, mentally, you're like, it's just like that's what's going on in my head. I'm just throwing all these things out there.
Speaker 2: And you're also like, you also do hip hop, like in real.
Speaker 1: Life, right right right? So I'm like, how do I be? Like and I know, like the claim to had like the hip hop the rapping thing going on. So I was like, okay, how do I do? I'm still hip hop, but I don't want to. I want to be something business sense, So I was mogile kind of doing a lot of things as it is, like acting and podcasting and music and all the music videos. I direct them all my music videos, producing and all that stuff, so like it's kind of a mobile thing. So I just came up with mogul to feel like just something bigger than just rapping. So that's how that came about. And then there was like elements like when after the all In matches and going in the coffin and stuff, I was like, I'm a big fan of Sweeney Todd, so I was like, let me add a little like darkness to the eyes, make me feel a little let me go sink a little more deeper into the character and darken it up a little bit more to feel like, all right, something's different about Swerve than any other person on this roster, and he's given me a different tone and feel. But I never actually tell you what it is. I want the fans to kind of like go through go each week, but I want them to go back and try to find and trace through where this really crept in and really started. So now you're kind of having fans doing their own like picking apart and find it like kind of like like like once again, when we used to buy albums, like in the day, we used to go through the booklet for sure who yeah, who produced, what the art, who's did the art direction, who did this?
Speaker 2: Let me look at the thank yous, who got thanked, who got who the credit is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of want that fans to do that with me the character, rather than just like look at me and see what you're getting, like, oh, we like them, but what's more there? There's something more deeper. Let me go out and find and search what's deeper with Swerve.
Speaker 2: Do you remember like the first like real crowd pop you got where you were like, oh.
Speaker 1: It's working. Oh. I would honestly say, like when I guarante, like I was getting good reactions and and then like we were getting like when when it was really a pop was New York, it was a Grand Slam we had I would I didn't wrestle on Grand Slam, but we had the local Embassy Gates of Agony. They wrestled the Young Bucks and Hangman Page and Rampage that night. So Grand Slam is arthur as Stadium, big, big, big venue. We were coming out pretty late on the show on Rampage and so the gates and agony and nine, I'll go out to do their match. I come out in the middle, like right before commercial break. I come out in the middle of it to interrupt and pause distraction a little bit. I come out on this big fur coat from Daniels leather, shout out Daniel's leather, and the music hits because like they had different music than me, so they came out their music, so they didn't get ninas dance yet. Middle of the match, my music hits. Now I stops, looks up the ramp and goes Boom starts hitting the dance, and the whole crowd starts doing it with like in unison like Boom. I was like, we got it. Now, we got him, Now we got something. Now we got him. That's when I knew that was like it was unless necessarily the crowd pop, but it was the crowd interaction and the wave of just all like I said, big venue, you can see it from like here all the way up to the top and like different parts. Then from that city forward, it was just happening in every city and it's like, now I hit that thing, tonight, do it? Do it? And that's the thing that's where like a w they kind of like they reward that feeling. It's like, all right, no, this is working. I'm not going to pull you back like it's going go with it, flow, do your thing, yo.
Speaker 2: You Uh we talked a little bit about this when I ran into a rolling cloud. But you had this match where you were bleeding and the dude was tasting your blood.
Speaker 1: Out of your face. Oh yeah yeah full gear.
Speaker 2: Uh well, kind of like you kind of said it a little bit like you guys knew that was gonna.
Speaker 1: Happen, do you? Everyone got tested to make sure you know, well, every we get and pretty much every pat for.
Speaker 2: People who don't know, there's like you guys are having this match and then you're bleeding out of your face and then the dude you're wrestling, who was it, Hayman Hangman Page starts like pretty much like fountaining, founting, fountaining out of your face and drinking your blood. Which it's it's the most like hardcore ass shit I've seen. Sin's like I was a little kid watching like backyard wrestling at easy w but I remember how viral it went, But like can you kind of like whose idea was that? And like were you hesitant about doing it? Like kind of walk me through like the build up to that idea actually coming.
Speaker 1: To hesitant on a lot of things. As you can go through my history once again, if you want to look up my history, you see me do some wild shit in the wrestling world. It was just like we're so deep in the feud. Is like he was so enraged that it was almost like a disrespectful thing, Like it just be such a shock value. Like that's how crazy I pulled him into my world. If you know Hangman Page, he's always been like through the history of ALI wrestling, he's been like one of the truest like goodie two shoes type guys, Like he had like a drinking problem as on camera and stuff. But through all and all, he always came out doing the right thing. He had morals, he there's lines he didn't cross. He was like an upstanding citizen and the passion of he was the passion in the heart of ALI wrestling. And then you pulled him into the darkness. I pulled him so far into being into my world because I wanted to get into this spot. He was a former world a former world champion. I wanted that spot so bad that I was willing to do whatever I had to do and manipulate whoever I had to manipulate, which just happened to be Hangman, because he was kind of like coasting. He was like just riding the way of his contract and stuff and just yes, boss, I do whatever I need to do. And he was complacent, and I was like, well, if you're going to be complacent, I'm not. I'm still I'm starving over here, and you're getting out of shape eating like you know what. I mean, you've been eating for a while. Now. I deserve that spot. And if you're not going to, if you're just one to like coast, I'm gonna move you out of the way and take it. And it came true. It came true. And I crossed boundaries, like going into his house, like talking to his infant child in the crib. That's so fucking crazy, you know, recording it?
Speaker 2: Can can Tony Khan work out the streaming deal so I could catch up on all this shit?
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean those are on YouTube, you can always you could check those out as much as you want. But like, I crossed the boundaries and I pushed things to level where he became sold. Yeah, what the fu? Yeah, I threw my merch shirt in this crib, so like just put wishing the boundaries so much where I violated a man's home insecurity as a man. Oh no, that's crazy. It's you will be pushed to you crazy, crazy lengths. So that's where like I'm disrespecting you so much I want to take something from you.
Speaker 2: So like you brought him to such a dark place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was like so like it wasn't just like oh, blood drinking.
Speaker 2: It was just like no, what I'm saying, like, yeah, like when you guys, whose idea was that?
Speaker 1: I think I'm going to guess it was his.
Speaker 2: So like when you guys take that to Tony does Tony like yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it's just like what you see or you guys just do it on the spot. So Tony con didn't know that was gonna happen.
Speaker 2: No, wow, imagine you're the owner and like, yo, these fuckers are out here drinking blood.
Speaker 1: In the first five minutes of the match. It was pretty It's like, what's our hook to keep them glued to watch the rest of this match? I'm like, well, there is not me just getting stapled in the face and.
Speaker 2: Is that what would that be like a normal I guess being in both companies, is it normal that in rest sing where you guys will have a spot like that that's so extreme or crazy that the higher ups wouldn't know about it.
Speaker 1: There's some that can that can backfire sometimes and it has in both companies, like you know, like uh like, but once again, when you're with somebody that's kind of like trusted with the ball like me I was with the Hang Them Page helped create this damn company, you could afford to take those little risks like over there, if you're in the ring with Dwayne Johnson, don't take the risk. I mean you can, Yeah, you can't. He can afford to say this. He can do it. He can do it. But when you're in there with them, it's like, no, I got it. Like so you kind of like you kind of ride the backs of like the guys that got the pull. So for me, it was just like I feel like we can push things a little bit more, like like when I was in the ring with Darby. Tarby has a lot more tenure and a lot more trust than I did at the time. So like with Darby was like I want to push the push this a little bit, and like Darby Derby's Darby want to push the boundaries no matter what you know, and so you kind of want to like those are opportunities to be like I mean, they just it's risky.
Speaker 2: He just set someone on fire with a flamethrower like this weekend.
Speaker 1: I mean, like nobody else is going to get that kind of what the fuck is going on? Yeah, it was like not a lot of people get that kind of thing. But it's like once again, like he has tenure, he has trust, and he's always been a great performer, like Hangman Page is always been a great performer. So they kind of have that, like that trust with the UH, with the Tony Khan and with the aw to do that kind of stuff, and the fan base welcomes it because they had that trust with the fan base as well. Yo, what was it like? Uh?
Speaker 2: Give me like like when you were at the old place, Like did you have any sort of interaction with Vince when he was there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like how was Vince? Because obviously the story comes out it's fucking crazy, which we all knew, and then Vince just got who just dropped named uh and JF just said his name on a w during his promo.
Speaker 1: Once again, I talked about that trust and have a tenure.
Speaker 2: Well, I feel like if you get that guy hot Mike, no one knows what the fuck is gonna have exactly.
Speaker 1: But like was like, what was.
Speaker 2: It because I always I feel like like everybody.
Speaker 1: Kind of knew.
Speaker 2: Like the way he ran the company was very like if you're big, if you look a certain way, you're going to get the benefit of the doubt, whether or not you could wrestle good or not, et cetera. Like it was more about image and selling T shirts and ship Like, what was your experience around Vince?
Speaker 1: Not a lot? It wasn't a lot, right, No, Like I've I've had like one or a couple of conversations with them. I went to Titan Towers and spoke with Lauren Ightis and stuff. But and like literally was a wild alleged but yeah, like been in offices with them, like as the hit Row crew, you know, all together, Vince. I've only talked to Vince when I was like the hit Row crew. Once again, this was like by the time they already let go of BEFAB and it was just me shanting dollar and we were just all like just talking with them, told us how like things are ran. It's like a little private conversation how things are ran. This is where like we do what we don't do things this like this boom boom boom. And like I was, like, I have asked them a couple of questions. I talked to them like a regular regular dude. Like like the thing about like with me is just like I'm not going to like I understand, I always respect authority. I've came up in the military and I know like my chain of command and I understand those type of things and stuff. But like I'm when it comes to my job and my passion and what my something I've been doing for like fifteen years and like I'm I'm super confident about that and I exude that and I stand on my work and I'm always going to stand on that no matter who I talk to, whether I'm talking to Tony Connavincement, man a Triple H is Sean Michaels, it doesn't matter to me. So I talked to him straight equal and like if you don't like if I was never disrespectful to him, but if I'm always gonna ask questions to inquire, and I'm also going to if i'm if I'm you know, I'm always going to like necessarily speak what I feel is like right now, what I feel is like, Okay, this is something I just want to I just want to know I can always acquire. I don't think anybody's ever going to question or like punish someone for inquiring to how to make their job, improve their job and do better. And if that's like costly or anything, I'm like, Okay, cool, that's I'm always going to find work. I'm always going to be like, I feel like you can never be afraid to lose your job. That's how good you have to be. That's how I feel. That's how like you from real. If you're if you're that good man, don't be afraid to lose you You're going to always land on your phone, all right? Cool? Like I'm a I'm like, I'm going to make I'm going to make you feel like, damn, I wish we had him here.
Speaker 2: Has anybody in the brass, the management brass over there now, because obviously you know Shawn Michaels, by the way, was just on TV with Sexy Read last night.
Speaker 1: Out sexy read in Sewan because that was Did you see that she was in the VAM Why did you not that she was amazing? Shout of them.
Speaker 2: But has anybody reached out and just congratulated you since you got the title?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like the Triple H shoots you a text. People reach it out nice, they show love like still like, I.
Speaker 2: Never you have so many friends over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never left it with a bad rapport. Like even like you know, like I'll still Sean Michaels and me still say like Happy Father's Day, Happy Birthday and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool to have that sewn. Michaels is a He's probably my number two favorite wrestler of all time.
Speaker 1: He's definitely one of my favorites. Like I'll still like send an emoji in an IG story to Paul Hayman and it will respond back. He's like, you know, what'd you think?
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, obviously you're an aw guy, but did you did you? I was at I was at the Hall of Fame when he did his speech.
Speaker 1: I didn't get to see it all I saw like once again, Twitter, nah Man.
Speaker 2: I watched the whole thing unedited live and I was just like, well, me and my son were like in Philly and I was like, man, it was like Friday night and I was like, I'm fucking tired.
Speaker 1: We got into town in the morning.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was like, we got the Hall of Fame, Like we can go do I was like, you know what, fuck it, We'll go to Hall of Fame because it was SmackDown and Hall of Fame. Yeah, yeah, and uh And I remember like it ran late, you know, it was like we left after I think the rock ended up going on like at the end, but I remember just seeing the Paul Hamish. I'm like, this was worth it because.
Speaker 1: He was main. I feel like that man is always worth the price of a mission anything he does.
Speaker 2: What is it like having a manager or having a guy who like a confidant, who's who you know? I would because to me, if I ever got into wrestling, that's the gig you were able to you know, how to take some bumps, you get to talk your ship, but you don't get fucked up in the ring. But now you have a man like what.
Speaker 1: Is that like? Is that pretty not? Was my first ever manager I've ever had in my career.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, like, now you have a guy, and like not anybody, not just anybody can get a guy.
Speaker 1: That's you know what I mean? Like for me, I feel like it's like how like what is me? What is me and Nana's relationship to one another? Is he a businessman? Is he? Uh? Does he get contracts done? Is he a sleazy little like just like a guy that like you know, like that runs like what is he? What is the relation to Swerve? And what does Swerve need that? That's that was one of the questions that I asked myself, And like why does Swerve need Nana? What what does Nana do for Swerve that Swerve can't do for himself. Well, like now we're just asking those questions. Now there's a multitude of the things he does. He kind of does my bidding for him. He's also my moral compass, if you know, toe certain things He's like no, no, no, not right now. Boss, Let's go. Let's get out of this because like I'll pop off and start a fight and some wild ship right then and there, but not as like nope, we got bigger things to handle, or like hey, there's some news I need to talk to about that happen on collision by the way, you might not know. Okay, so now he's my ear to the streets too. Then he's like, oh, oh you're in trouble. Here's my head, my crown, use it. Okay. So he's also like this, you know, then like Trisian's trying to drive off and leave him. Nope, He's also a guardian angel, so like he I define him on many different things. He's also a music person. He's been in my music videos and stuff like that. So he's been on interviews with me, you know. So he has a multitude of different uses and stuff that bail me out when like I'm being overwhelmed. What's that your idea or did Tony Tony k I want to that's dope. That was all Tony Khan. Tony Khan was like, I want to do a merger with a Mogul embassy with mogl affiliates in the embassy and bring you two together because I think we want to get them on all the wrestling TV because they were doing a lot of ring and honor and I think you could use heaters to be around found you and I think not on you compliment each other very well, and I was like, Okay, that's what the boss wants, That's what we're going to do. Now It's like, now, how do I blow this up to more than just like hey, hi, hi guys, we're I guess we're working together. Yeah, the teacher is putting us together to do this assignment. Like how do we like so we want to get a A? Of course, and I think we wanted. We wanted. Our achievement is always to get a A. But we had C level expectations and I think we passed and exceeded. I think we exceeded that because when we first started, I heard some comments and like this where doesn't need that? Like what what did these guys? What do they do? And then like it's started growing. Then we started doing more devious stuff on television, and I think that's where it really really began. It was like, how do these guys interact outside of the ring, like, because that's where a lot of fans like want to we really become in tune with the characters on television. How do these peop react in real life scenario? You know it's real? You know, like how does Roman talk with Paul? Like how does like you know, how does I think One thing with a w was how does m JF and Adam Cole interact outside of this all those like throwing, playing dodgeball, they challenging each other to drinking like alcohol back and forth, and then going on fishing trips. I was like, Oh, I feel more close to these guys because they are interacting outside of just the wrestling rings. So there's a little bit more to them. So when they do wrestle, you understand the dynamic and you have.
Speaker 2: More It's almost like it's almost like more than ever. The fans are in on, like they're not just in on whatever they see on TV right the.
Speaker 1: Whole Like if I can put put it back to music. We see artists perform on stage, but what we really want to see is how they are in the studio working in a song. We want to see that BTS. We want to see like the Hard Knocked Life Tour. It's like, oh, that's what they're doing back there. Oh that's why I like, Yeah, that's what made those artists movie that backstage. Yeah it was crazy, and it's like I wouldn't be a rapper because this is the life I want to see. This is what I want to experience, and like, maybe some are doing stuff that you wouldn't do, and maybe some are acting the way that you're like you anticipated them to act, but you wasn't sure, and now you're like, you know what, that's exactly what I would do DMX with it. That's exactly how I would be like acting backstage if I was in that position, that lifestyle and that industry. And so now you're kind of like connect with them a little more as people. For you, what was first for you? Was it pursuing wrestling or music. I didn't start pursuing music till like four years ago. Okay, so the music thing is newer. So you were never like writing back in the day. Oh, I was gotten in the school notebook. I was like listening to those albums up there, and like you were just a fan. I was just I was just a fan of it, and it was but I would like rap along to them, and to the point where I did' even I just knew the lyrics. I knew the cadences, I knew the rhythm I knew I just knew it. I had the muscle memory in the like of just like following along to certain lyrics and then like then as I got older and more mature with things, I could really start like really deciphering like what they're saying, why they were saying this, why the like lyrics were like being used in a certain tone, what a double entendre was. I'm like, oh, that's what I mean. It started as also the matrix started being uncoded to me a little bit more and more than when I actually manteezy my codes to the source of podcast. He really like opened my mind to like, this is why you do it this way, This is why you do it this way. But here try it, do it your way, find your way. I'll guide you when you're like kind of drifting off and everything. But just right now, just it's like learning to paint. It's just like just paint something. Just paint something. Just start with a blank canvas and paint. And then as I've got more mature, I wouldn't say I like became great at this, but like I'm still learning, but like I'm being I'm still being guided, but it's all starting to become a little bit closer, a little bit more. And then like getting on songs with like Mickey Fax and music Soul Child and Benny the Butcher and tried to Mickey Fax he's an alien, Like I've done three songs with them, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, oh my god, he's like quite literally like a rap like savant. Yeah, it's like I think he teaches it. Yeah, I'm like, I think.
Speaker 1: He teaches it. Like it's so good, like it's crazy. And he goes and he goes like like head ahead with a Royce a loop, eg, Like he goes head to head with these guys and then like him deciphering why things are said in the cadence and the inflection of boom hitting it right here in the right time. Then getting with Flash Garments, who's like heavily in the industry, and like like literally in studios with Kanye, in studios with Ryan Leslie, traveling with these people Leslie yes, and like he's like, all right, now we're going to show you how to make records, which is important. Like but now I was just like living from like okay, this is the local hometown like teacher to like okay, this is like the next teacher, and but we're all still working at we all still like performed on the Jericho Cruise together and it's like Okay, these are my two like mentors that really brought me together to do.
Speaker 2: Didn't I just saw, like, did you just do something with Fozzy?
Speaker 1: It's coming up?
Speaker 2: I saw I saw for Jericho pust A Flyer and like you were on it too.
Speaker 1: I was like, that's a random mixture of music that's kind of a lot of wrestlings. But but it's like that's how that's kind of how like my career has gone. It's just like, how does serve get here, like roll around a wrestler get on stage? Is it going to wrestle and match? Like no, I'm doing music, Like so it was like, how did this happen? How does that? Even? Jericho was just like I'm shocked that you got that. That's amazing. So but it's just like finding ways through these canals that is this industry and just like you know, but once again, it's still a learning process for me. But I'm in the right places with the right people, like I'm doing. I still come to LA and do getting the studio with Chase the money right Chase Chase man Like like getting it's a lot of like like DJ Flip just throwing beats at me, throwing like it's like come in, Well just welcomed me in with like open arms. So it's really it's just really awesome. I'm blessed.
Speaker 2: Talk to me about because like I feel like throughout the history of like my you know, watching wrestling, like wrestling has always been it has always felt in the way that like black wrestlers are depicted on TV, it has always felt a little racist, Like especially like when we were growing up, Like there was always like I felt like anybody who would come in would have to have like a stick that was like super like stare typical, and like.
Speaker 1: It felt like we had two archetypes.
Speaker 2: It was like you were either the blinged out dude or like the militant dude. It was like, you know, like and obviously, you know, shots of the Rock, who's obviously a wrestler of color, kind of broke through a lot of that, but you know, shots of Kofe Kingston for winning the championship who you know.
Speaker 1: I know that was a big deal, A big deal for me for sure, last decade, definitely for me, I mean just that whole era of the new Man lastly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. But like for you, like do you feel like the industry has finally moved past that weird because it really was a thing. When I was growing up, I was like dog like.
Speaker 1: Like I felt like Mark Henry was like a mix of that too, Like he kind of broke the mod a little bit. Yeah, because he was just the world's strongest man.
Speaker 2: He was just an athlete, yeah, he was. He was a big I'm at Johnson too. When I was a kid. I remember watching I'm at Johnson.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I can't really speak on like what stoped from being like the world champion and stuff, but like I just remember liking him as a kid. He was just a strong dude. He's a strong dude. But like just Mark with uh Mark and Booker as the King Booker my image, those two like and like the mid two thousands early two thousands really broke the mold in a sense for like that just at that window that time period right there, it was just like they were just good. Yeah, they were just good. They were just good. They were just they were just good athletes. And Booker just was just like so over the top outlandish, like like of a character that he felt like larger than life. He just went charger than life with sure. When Mark Henry his in ring performance made him larger than life, you know, So those guys just like kind of found another niche into it outside of those stereotypical things. You know, He's like he was black royalty king booker with Charmel his black queen. Like you know, there were royal they felt, and I always appreciated that for what they did, you know, looking back on it and things like that. So for me, it was just like once again, how do where do I find my lane? And like so like my black royalty is like with music in a sense, it's just like, no, I'm not broke. No, I'm not like ashamed of who I am. I'm not ashamed. I can go out and speak about like, yeah, I'm a black World champion. I'm proud of that. Like, well, what is things? It got to be about color? Because it is about color. It is. It's not even about me in color. It's about representation and the color. It's about inspiring another young black kid who's does who's watching right now doesn't think it's possible? Yeah right, who doesn't think it's possible or he doesn't see himself as that or I like this, I like this, I feel like I feel like I'm somewhat like a swerve, but I don't think I can. I don't think I could ever get into wrestling and be a world champion when now that inspires confidence and that kid, which is worth confidence my social media tag for those kind of reasons. It's not like, yes, I feel confident about myself, but you can too. I want you to feel confident. I want you to be inspired and like have your confidence grow because a lot of like I was, uh shout out Johnny Chris from Drinks with Johnny. I was with him yesterday. We had a great conversation about the fact that like, how did I grow to getting to where I'm I'm at? I was like, well, I didn't set like the goal was this or fail. And if you look at things when you start, it's so broad, it's so big. It's so hard to feel like, how do I accomplish this? Because people want to like jump into something and they compare themselves to like like a platinum record on day two, and I'm like it always happens with any industry and every like like universally, not even just like and.
Speaker 2: Then you can psych yourself out start feeling really about your process and yeah.
Speaker 1: Like even then like if you work like a regular job, like you know, like you compare yourself, how do I make like CEO on like your third week on the jobs? Like? No? For me, how it started off with just like I just want to wrestle on my show where I make enough money to pay my phone bill for the month. Right, that's it simple? And then like okay, cool, Now I want to try to pay rent? Yeah, like what if I could just what if I could don't have to work anywhere else? Right? Right? Like what if I just like do enough to Like I just want to get on a flyer Now, I want to be the headline of the flyer. Now I want to be like, you know, I want to win a championship. Now, I want to be in the championship of these indie shows. You know what, I want to drive out of state to a wrestling show and they pay gas money. That would be a great accomplishment for me. You know. Now you're driving to six different states and that radius. Now now it's like, you know what, I want to get a flight now, maybe someone, maybe I'll be good enough for someone to book me and put me on a flight. Oh cool, Now I can fly kind of like an hour away. Right, I'm getting flights now I want to overseas tour. Now your confidence is growing because now you know you can make that money. You know you can pay off this, you know you can pay rent, you know you can now you probably can buy at least a car. So now you don't have to bum rides anymore. Now you know how Now you know you can afford better gear to look better on those too main event to get championships. And it's that's how your confidence grows. And that's for me, is really where I felt like, I know I can do this now when you don't think that you can pull something off that you don't think so when I get to like, aw, like, no, I know I can do this.
Speaker 2: Is it possible? Like I think about like the correlation to the music industry where it's like, yeah, you could be independent artists nowadays and like make a good living if you kind of have a good fan base and you get your merch Right, is it possible to be an indie wrestler and kind of exist on the fringes of the industry if you're not in one of the two main companies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Young Bucks did it for years.
Speaker 2: Because you know, there's like the repro Wrestling Teas dot Com. People sell merch on there.
Speaker 1: And the Young Bucks like blew that whole industry up out of the water, like back in twenty fifteen, might pop up in New Japan, might pop up and do a sugar pop up and still sell like two thousand shirts at PWG out of boxes, not by the ring, right, and then like you know what, maybe we'll just go to the UK because we've deprived them of our presence and their matches for so long. Let's go over to the UK and do a tour with Kenny. It's bring Kenny and Elite over there. I was on those shows. I wrestled them on those shows, and they sold out, Like I remember, they sold merch from the start of the show all the way up until past intermission. While the matches were still going on. People were still on lines buying shirts from them. And we had to face them in the main event three matches. That's crazy, three matches. They were still because they were selling merch the entire time, like y'all, like people don't understand, like y'all talk, like y'all. Take the Young Bucks and these guys for granted, like these guys were already doing that in like twenty twelve thirteen. I was like I was on shows with these guys, Like that was a time y'all had to be there, like you know, like there was like they were getting like their shirts sold in Hot Topic. Yeah I remember, Yeah, I remember, and things like that like the Bullet Club, you know, AJ styles with them, Finn Balor, you know, like candicel Ray got a shirt from them.
Speaker 2: It's so crazy if you think about the Bullet Club and like how iconic that logo has become and how it's changed and like people have used it for like it's like it's and it all started as like the wildest indie you know fact should probably ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like man and all the people who came from it, they were they weren't They were on the indies making six figures bro crazy off of independent wrestling, like being able to like wrestle when they felt like it, Russell whoever they felt like it, when when wherever they felt like it, and like could just like run the dollar up like crazy. It was just like that was a phenomenon. It was just like man, that there is a way to make a living and like not have to be in these places to really like buy a house. Buy a house off of independent wrestling is insane in California. Crazy.
Speaker 2: Tell me about the grind of wrestling, because I feel like it is the most uh. I mean, you guys don't get a day off like in terms of like now you know there's an off there's no off season in wrestling, right, it's this is every week.
Speaker 1: Well, like people people want to be a wrestler until they see how much they get paid in the entry level of things.
Speaker 2: And then like the level of work where it's like, yo, this is your like you're you know, you might have a day a week where you can fly home and see your family and hang out maybe two.
Speaker 1: Days like yeah, like I haven't been home in like five six days just now, and that's not that crazy, but like pay per view weeks to get does get a little nuts. And then I'm home for like a couple of days and I gotta go back on like and I have other ventures too, So I got to be in like New York for like the House of Dragon's premiere with the championship.
Speaker 2: You know, I gotta be you got the belt, so you also are like I got to face the company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta. I gotta get in like a day or two early to like do these interviews, coming in with speak with guys like yourself and like wave the flag promote. You know. Then I got it. Then my kids live out of state, so I got to stop in see my kids, have time with my girls and they're getting they're in high school, middle school right now, so like get that time. Then back on the road because like the turnover time is like oh so once a week. I'm like yeah, but the time frame, you still got to travel, so like it's yeah, like you just snap your fingers and something. No, sometimes I gotta be on Collision too, you know, like oh we couldn't do that. We couldn't fit this on the show, throwing on Collision on Sat Sauce, so you on Saturday. So back out around, you know. So like it's a lot of it's a lot and the higher you go, the more responsibility.
Speaker 2: I feel like, the higher you go, the more I mean outside of like the guys who are quote unquote part timers, but like the guys are on TV every week, You're like shit, man, Like then the house shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like I can't afford that, and I can't afford to have a sick day, like, oh, I'm not feeling good. I'm just gonna stay home, Like I can't take those sick days. I gotta be out there. I gotta like remedy and figure it out, you know. And on the entry level of it, it's like you got to do that and then train, and then do that, and then train and then and then eat and then remember you gotta eat, okay on the road, eat on the eat like and then eating good on the road is expensive, like cheap food is like.
Speaker 2: Cheap food is the best because if it's late, oh, we get back to the hotels.
Speaker 1: It's late. Try try to eat finding like salmon at twelve one in the morning, good luck, Yeah, broccoli and rice? Did you better pack it? You know? So like it's it's like you got it. And then finding time to work out, like because you've got to work about people going to call you a slob if you look on TV and then you're Alway's slacking off. He doesn't want it as bad, you know, you don't want to show those.
Speaker 2: How many days a week you go to the gym.
Speaker 1: Four to five? Yeah, and they're not like small. They like to two hours two and a half hour workouts and stuff. So that's when I'm home, like on the road. I shortened it because like time is limited. So it's like hour at hotel gym. Yeah, hotel gym or do you try to find a gym if you have the time? If like, because finding a gym, wake up earlier to travel to a good gym, right, you know, and and also like unless you got hookups at those gyms and stuff like that, you know, somebody get a discount of not you're paying thirty bucks out of pocket to work out at these gyms once again entry level, so thirty bucks, then food and then buying your packet hotels sometimes rental, then you know, checking bags. That was a lot. Like it's small, but it adds up. You know, what do your kids think?
Speaker 2: Obviously your daughters I'm sure have watched.
Speaker 1: You grind and grind and grind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from the time they're you know, babies to now what did they think when you were able to be you know, finally get this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my oldest is more emotional. She's in the fourteen okay, so she's getting in that stage of like like she's she's in basketball heavy into basketball AAU. We pay for training or shooting training and like extra training off season training, and she appreciates that, but she wants time with her dad now. She's like, well I met, like, like, you missed a lot of halloweens, you missed a lot of thanksgivings, you a lot of things, like I kind of growing up without you a little bit. And when I sat down my promo a couple of weeks back on Collision, that was really real. She does doesn't feel like she knows me. It's because of like all the sacrifice. This doesn't come without sacrifice nothing, honestly nothing in life. The higher you go, you sacrifice way more. So I sacrificed a lot of time. So I'm having those conversations with my oldest. My youngest is like still like she's twelve, so she's still like has that child like wonder tour about things she do.
Speaker 2: You have to like tell them like, hey, if you're gonna watch me on TV this week.
Speaker 1: So yeah, sometimes I'm just like, no, don't watch this week. I'll send like part of the match, like you know, certain things. So it's having those adult conversations with your kids now, so that's for the stage I'm at. So it's like she she likes it, but she's also torn from it because because it took away, took time away. So now it's like, all right, I gotta get I gotta fly home see my kids. But even once again flying home, senior kids, I'm not staying at my baby mama's house. Like I gotta get to get a hotel, hotel, Airbnb, rental for sure, you know, traveling around, so that takes money away.
Speaker 2: Talk to me, obviously, you know, Mercedes just got she just got the belt to shot to her. I think she was the is it the biggest free agency contract ever signed at aw and.
Speaker 1: Definitely probably for in the women's like in the women's in the women's category, probably both, Like what was it? Awww?
Speaker 2: What's it like having her in the locker room because obviously she's had a crazy run doing New Japan and like just kind of like I guess a mini version of what Cody did when he left, Like just yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: It feel for me, it feels good to have like a woman's match so prominent on the show, like as one of the trouble main events and stuff. For double or nothing. I want. I would love to really see them main event like just being a vent period on one of the pay per views coming up, because I think Mercedes has that muchre star power and we believe in her to do that. It feels good to like have like that level of like okay, boom the bar set right. You always want to set the bar boom, you know, And I feel like she's really she's really doing that as far as like what's what's it going to take to be this champion? Now? It's like you can't just settle for just like being good enough. No, you got to set the bar and you go like, all right, this is where we got to meet it now, you know, and you want to do it in unique ways. I feel like our World champions are pass former World champion set up bar high too. I can't even make us at the bar really high for sure, Like you know, Moxley three times AW World Champions set the bar in that category, you know, being like passionate about our business, passionate about our company. You know. Then MJF, like youngest AW World champion, set another bar with that rain, you know, and like the quality of what he was doing on television every week. So I got to find my way to set a new bar in my sense of like media is one of my ways. I feel like if doing that kind of thing in my unique way, and then like, okay, there's a new era of aw how do I set that bar for the rest of the guys. And we have a stacked roster, super ready ready to get super at the bit. So I think Mercedes is doing the same sense of just like with star Power, and then now that she won the championship, had the match, now she's going to do it to get in the ring, Like all right, do you ladies already super talented, already like great names. Now we're going to raise it up a little bit more, and not just to compete with her, but like literally come up and try to just be on that level. I saw, did you see them?
Speaker 2: There's like a meme I saw, And I don't know. Essentially, I think Becky Lynch just deals about to be up and she's about to be a free agent.
Speaker 1: Maybe she just wants to be home with the kids. Man, who knows, who knows who? Maybe she just wanted to be home with the kids. Man, Because now, like Seth has been hurt. He has surgery and stuff. So now they're both they can be at home for like, let some people just want to be home like for a little bit. Yeah. Let let like like let's not see like, oh, she's going to jump to here here here. I'm like, let let her be home. Let it be a mom, Let seth be a dad. Let them be a family for like, give them that time because they fucking six months or something. They worked hard for it and they deserve that for sure, you know, And so I'm always like, you let him be family first.
Speaker 2: I was going to ask you, now that there's like this power shift over or uh what they're called the Triple Ah era, right, could you see a world in the future because I think at Mania a lot of fans were hoping that John Moxley was gonna pop out.
Speaker 1: That was funny. I thought that was funny because.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god, when I heard the Shield music, I stood on the fucking chair.
Speaker 1: I was like, knowing Johnny's probably like.
Speaker 2: But could you ever see a world in which there's some sort of like like they're never gonna officially emerge talent, but like where there's like some sort of bleeding of like the DC and Marvel universe.
Speaker 1: In any way, if there's ever a time it could happen, now is more likely than it's ever been. Right. I don't think either person is opposed. But if there's ever a time like a sor as Tony conn in place, I don't think there's ever been a time that's more likely than now. That's good to know. The percentages. The percentage are higher than the percentage that went from zero point zero four point four ticket, and that's more than we've ever gotten.
Speaker 2: How much did you love the NFL Draft? When Tony Kahan was selling his neck injury during the NFL Draft.
Speaker 1: Troop pros so good? True, Bro, I was actually at the building. I was doing media at Jacksonville Stadium, and I saw the setting up everything, So it was really cool. Yeah, Like Tony's funny, and Tony's great and his dad is a big supporter too. I got to meet his dad a couple of times. Yeah, I thought it was awesome.
Speaker 2: You guys just get Jackwires tickets anytime you want.
Speaker 1: I get the sweet now too. I mean, you're the champ. I mean, listen, hopefully they're a little bit bit. He introduced me to Roger Goodell too. Football. Yeah. I got to meet Kurt Warner the whole month. I n Goodell not so, I was there for Sunday and Monday nights. Are you a football fan? Big? Yeah? So who's your team? I'm a Rams fan?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Why great to show on turf? Oh okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: I was about to say it had to have been because of like Isaac Bruce and Marshall.
Speaker 1: I got to meet Kurt Water.
Speaker 2: And what was that Mark Boulger?
Speaker 1: After that? Mark was cool, he was all right, he made it, he made a Pro Bowl two. But Kurt was the guy like Stephen Jackson. Stephen Jackson like banger running backs. Stephen Jackson was a mean ass man. We've always had banger running backs. We've had like sure Marshall's Stephen Jackson to Todd Gurley.
Speaker 2: Gurley was cold, man. Fuck I forgot about Gurley even now. What's it the new dude ship?
Speaker 1: I Williams is cool. Yeah, Williamson, he's a he's a Kien Williams is cool. When we just drafted Blake Corham, so I'm like looking forward to like one two punch, Like they're both scatbacks too.
Speaker 2: So that's going to be really well because I'm a Cardinals fan, which is we're in the NFC West with you guys, and I mean I always tell people it's it's nice being.
Speaker 1: The day after actually the full gear match of the Bloody Match, I actually went to the Rams game versus Seattle, m My first time is so fie. It was like it's beautiful, amazing, so crazy. Actually put in a a bid for like the Aaron Donald jersey, the signed Super Bowl jersey, and like it was like nobody, nobody signed up. So I just like won it just flat out. I was like, oh cool, So like now I got the that jersey and the I was.
Speaker 2: Gonna say, like, it felt like obviously the Rams won Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: They won one super Bowl with Kurt Right. Yeah. Two we went to tow and we gave Tom Brady his first wreck.
Speaker 2: But I was gonna say, obviously you got to experience that win. But I'm sure you were just getting into the Rams back then.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, like the mad No. Three say like.
Speaker 2: Fast forward, like because as a Cardinals fan, I would not know what it's like to every I'm a Son's fan too, I don't know what a championship.
Speaker 1: Feels like in life, none at all. I was so close with the Pittsburgh Steelers christ Antonio Holmes, one of the greatest touchdown throws ever.
Speaker 2: But they always say like, well, like the Rams traded all their all this equity to get to get the ring and they got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, they cashed out, they cashed out.
Speaker 2: Is it worth it?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yes, yes, in this decade, we got it. We got one in this day. I tell everybody, I'm like, I don't give a fuck what happens with the Suns. I don't care if this owner trades every fucking draft pick, if we.
Speaker 2: Get one ring and suck for the next twenty years, I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: Dude. Oh my god, it was tragic watching that this year. This year, Yeah, it was tragic. I was like Bradley Bell, like, I feel like this makes them worse.
Speaker 2: It feels fucking terrible. Not to be nice guy, Yo, obviously your hip hop guy. What are your first of all, what were your thoughts on the Drake Kendrick Beef.
Speaker 1: Like I said this before on something, I was like, I feel like one of the things about like Drake was already already fighting an uphill battle because we see so much of them. He's overexposed. We see so much of him for the last fifteen fifteen years. He's always outside, so we always kind of know, like even if the rumors are true or not.
Speaker 2: True, but there's always something in the air about there's.
Speaker 1: Always something in the air to kind of those have those implementations, just play and you know people are going to take things. This is running up anyway. We don't know what implications are about Kendrick, so right then and there, the wave is just like heavily on Kendrick's side, And I think just playing into implications is what won Kendrick from my and I just thought strategically he just like timing was everything, Like bro when when he.
Speaker 2: Dropped family matters and then like forty five minutes later the meet the Grahams came out, was like he just sucked the life out of the room.
Speaker 1: We were in the car driving around Miami is Me Shirt King Fade and Flash and we were like all right, we were just sitting there waiting for our food and then like Drake just dropped in matters and we got in the like, got the food, got in the car, listened to it, and then he was like yo, did Kendrick just is this fake his ai? No, Kendrick just dropped play it and we sat in front of his house. We were dropping him off. We sat in his front of his house for like an hour and a half just listening back from Phoenix during the whole thing, and I was just like, this is fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: I was like, no, He's said earlier in the day, Kendrick drop that freestyle where he like kind of warned him like, hey, this is you got some leaks in your camp.
Speaker 1: You take it. Whatever you're gonna do tonight, don't do it. It's just a friendly fade. You're taking it here, I'm taking it. There's something you don't want to do. So crazy man. And I think another thing with Kendrick is like there's so many quotables. Oh yeah, so many quotables on just a Euphori alone.
Speaker 2: They're so Euphouri is my favorite record at all of them, because I just thought I thought it was such a methodical. It was a kill shot, but also like a literal warning shot, like hey man, like there's a friendly fade. Don't tell don't tell them lies about me, and I won't tell the truth about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like Drake with the melodies. I don't like Drake when he acts us so good Man, what is it? The braids? It's like there's so many quotables from Kendrick because of the way he says it in his voice and the inflections. It's like it's so it's comedic, but it's also like it hits, it's sharp. Yeah, so good Man, the different flows, the like the shots of Kendrick Man, it's just it's still like syllable schemes. Who's your like top three or four all time? I mean, is one of them? For sure? Sure? Like just on like if you want to look numbers and statistics stuff, Drake has to be up there and influence alone in the past like fifteen twenty years. It has to be Kanye for sure. Yeah. Yeah, And like there's so many more artists that could have had more influence and from the from like the impact that they made. I think Kanye's most influential artist because he kept going. Because he kept going, He's influenced the world. Yes, more than any artist.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean we're talking about like fashion, we're time.
Speaker 1: Like like talking like just walking down the street.
Speaker 2: Motherfucker's walking around with them fucking glasses you couldn't see out of back in the fuck.
Speaker 1: Like these, I'm like, I can't see I hate these? What is going on? But people were wearing them, like the haircuts, like the mohawks, mullet for sure, for all things for sure, wearing suits and now like people don't even that. People come on stage with full masks. I'm like, I can't even see a face. Yeah, you know that's crazy, all right. So you are facing Christian but tonight you're facing kill Switch, yes, sir, and a bought HBO sponsored match, Yeah, house a Dragon sponsored match. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I saw the flyer and I wasn't I didn't know what the fuck was going on because I was like, wait a minute, is aw on HBO Max now, because that'd be nice, tony kah, but figure that out.
Speaker 1: But it caught your eye, it did. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like if you get through the Christian thing, the thing that everybody's gonna want.
Speaker 1: To see is you VERSU m JF.
Speaker 2: Possibly that feels like the impending collision that's going to have.
Speaker 1: To happen, possibly.
Speaker 2: Assuming you get to hold on to this, you know, long enough, which I'm assuming you will.
Speaker 1: But but that would be fun. There's a lot of fun matchups going on right now. There's a lot of like, you know what I think, Like, I think all these all these matchups are all young, youthful too. True. True, we're all with we all came up together and me myself, mjf Osprey. We're all in the same like kind of age group in the same era. Right. That's why I feel like we moved to a different era, to a new era. Stuff Like MGFF is a day one guy out of three of us, but he's still with the in the youthful spot. Yeah, we're still going to have him, Jeff for like another decade.
Speaker 2: I thought for sure he was out of there. I was at Rumble in Tampa and I was just waiting.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, at least we got Jade. We got Ja shout out, shout out, amazing, good big home of mine. Like she's great, still doing her thing. Yeah for sure. I'm always excited to see what she does next, always no matter what. But yeah, like our era is like so like these these three guys are like, all right, we're going to eat good for another sure, the companies in good. Yeah, and we all care. We all care about one another. We all care about the product. We all care about pushing boundaries in our own ways. You know, mine is cinematic. Osprays is in the ring, MGF is on the microphone.
Speaker 2: Right, you know, Yo, The last thing I wanted to ask you. I feel like people don't understand. This is more for people who don't understand how hard wrestling is.
Speaker 1: I always say it is like.
Speaker 2: The most physically difficult thing to put on a good wrestling match because not only do you well, not only do you have to be an athlete at the highest level, you have to worry about so many different things happening at the same time, you have to make sure you protect the person you're wrestling with you it's it's the highest.
Speaker 1: Dangerous skilled choreography.
Speaker 2: Like when you have to hit like certain like spots in a match, like it's it's just crazy some of the spots that these guys hit on a consistent basis, Like you know, for you, if you're wrestling somebody who maybe isn't as gifted as you in the ring, is it on you to make them look better and to make sure because because at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: I think my objective is to hurt people. That's what my ob objective is. Officially, that's my objective, and that's like now my objective is to do it in a sense that protects this got it. That's that's how I am with it.
Speaker 2: Like, but I was going to say, like for you, like to its care it just has to be like super fucking difficult man.
Speaker 1: To like like.
Speaker 2: Just I mean for you, like like how long did it take you to get to the point where you felt very confident to say I could do thirty minutes?
Speaker 1: And like when I honestly when I did thirty minutes, it's like you have to do it, like you have to get thrown out and thrown out there, and you want to do it in spot. You want to do it and get thrown out there in moments where they're not detrimental with that. This is what the world sees first. I kind of want to be doing thirty minutes behind behind like maybe on a dark match or like even dark matches. I would say, do it, like do it on an independent shows match, like like put it, like test yourself, push yourself to like go on, like maybe it's in front of fifty people first, five hundred people first, you know, like nothing crazy, And even if you crash and burn, at least it's in front of five hundred people instead of five thousand and then five million or whatever watching at home or on YouTube, and that it's just like no matter what you do after that, we always have this match that's like you know, like that was your that's we have this in the canal where we can like always go back to remember he did this in payperview, bombed on there, So like get those thirty minute matches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're going to miss as spot or just so do it off TV.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like like there's comedians that go into dive bars and like, yeah they go work out their shors in front of mics. Yeah, before they really take it to Netflix and like do their comedies.
Speaker 2: And I think being a wrestler is the most highest difficult thing in the entire world to do physically mentally. You guys are fucking modern day gladiators. Thank you, appreciate, thank you for being I think the artist of the highest calid I know. Listen, I always put on Twitter wrestling is art wrestling, his artstling art man the highest difficulty in.
Speaker 1: The world period. It really, it really is. But when it's done right.
Speaker 2: It's like when it's done right, it's so beautiful because you have storytelling and then you have the physical aspect and there's just so much that goes into it.
Speaker 1: I don't even think people understand. Like, and it's just like man like like when all my podcast interview people from other different forms of entertainment, we've all come across the same struggle and the same like we all kind of come together a little more because like we're not too far apart and a lot of these ways right, Like, like music is the same way. It's like when like done poorly, it's like, uh, but when it's done beautiful.
Speaker 2: But you can be but you could be like a terrible rapper and like still like you know, go platinum. I don't know if you could be like a terrible wrestler and like be the world champion, be the world champ.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean shot at Goldberg. Goldberg was terrible. That's why I said this is not we're not too far apart, right, Yeah, like shout out to right back. He held a belt for a show mente Goldberg.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're right there, it is, oh man swear, but we still had influence.
Speaker 1: He did have influence. I was influenced by Goldberg when.
Speaker 2: We were little kids.
Speaker 1: We were just like, you know, like I want to see somebody spear Jack camp, that's all. I'm sure, Just like, well, I want to see a minute and a half song, shake my ass to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give me a minute and a half SoundCloud rap song.
Speaker 1: That's what Goldburg was. Anyway.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you, man. I look forward to seeing you defend this title. I look forward to your reign as the aw Heavyweight Champion, and uh yeah, Like, can we just like Tony Kahan, please, for the love of God, please just can we get the streaming together. I'll pay thirty dollars a month, Like right now, what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: Please make we got keV signed on already.
Speaker 2: All my aw watching is on Twitter, that's it.
Speaker 1: I'm just like, oh shit, what happened? Oh shit, this motherfucker got sat on put on YouTube at least at the very minimum.
Speaker 2: My wrestling, my whole feed is like basketball, football and wrestling on Twitter before you It's all just so. But yo, man, I'm happy for you and I look forward to seeing you do your thing.
Speaker 1: Bro. Thank you. Yeah, fire, I got motion sickness me and flash garments coming soon. There, it is go go run that up, run that up.