Speaker 1: Hi, guys, this is Teddy Mellencamp and I'm joined by my friend Emily Simpson for our new spinoff show Popping Off, where we are digging deep on this season of Banner Pump Rules. Hi guys, welcome to another episode of Popping Off with myself, Teddy Mellencamp and Emily Simpson.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 1: Oh shoot, Emily, you wanted to start the intro today, you know, let's do it again. Let's see how it flows with you and then.
Speaker 2: I'll go second. Okay, Hello everyone, welcome to Popping Off with Emily Simpson and Teddy Mellencamp, your favorite. Oh my gosh, we're social losers. Yeah we are.
Speaker 1: I have the burps, guys, don't mind me.
Speaker 2: I tried, you know, as well as classy. That's super classy. I keep it classy right here. On another episode of Popping Off. Yes, it's pretty funny. We had a because I struggle.
Speaker 1: Naturally without having an alcoholic beverage with like feeling like I always have the verbs. And yesterday we had Kiki Barth on Real Housewives from Real Housewives to Miami, and she like had a couple of verps and she's like, sorry, I'm drinking a beer. Guys, I'm like, I wonder if.
Speaker 2: Every time that happens to me, people think that I'm drinking but this is just actually my unfortunate life. No, I think people just think you're that unfortunate. Yeah, people additives.
Speaker 1: Like not only I you know it is what it is, clearly.
Speaker 2: I don't think people are out there trying to make excuses for you, like maybe it's the beer, maybe it's alcohol.
Speaker 1: I'm out of like a group chat with like my best girlfriends that I've known since mommy and me, and we've now created a list of people that apparently we can't like.
Speaker 2: Celebrities not people. Okay, okay, am I on that list?
Speaker 1: No, there's no housewives okay, good vander pump rolls people on the list, but all of a sudden on the list, I was looking because we like add to it and then it like becomes a running joke. And yesterday on the list, I'm like, why did Miley Cyrus get added to the list. I'm like, what did she do that pissed us off? And one of my friends wrote her voice the way she talks, and I go so great, Now am I on the list?
Speaker 2: Like it's like and they're like, well, you can't be on the list because you're on the group chat. I'm like, right, there's a separate group chat that you're not a part of, just to let you know. And they all talk about how much they can't stand you, like Teddy's voice is reason enough that she is on this list. But I was like, dang it, you know, like the list is getting longer. It's such a fourteen people. Now, that is a lot of people on this I didn't you know you had that many friends? No people on the list? Can I was like, oh, there's only five on the group. I was like, there's no way the fourteenth brother.
Speaker 1: Come on, it's seven right if we're including you.
Speaker 2: Right, maybe it's like SciTE and a half. It's like, we'll see how it is. We'll see how it goes. What's doing with you? Anything exciting? Well, well, nothing exciting. But I was eating a pretzel yesterday and then I was like, oh, that feels weird and one of my veneers fell out. Have you ever had that happen to you? Are your teeth reeal or do you have veneers? No?
Speaker 1: My front four teeth are veneers.
Speaker 2: But Mott the crazy thing is I've had these for They said you're supposed to get them replaced every ten years. Yeah. I got my Veneers when I was nineteen years old. Okay, yeah, there's doing and strong. This is my second set of Veneers because I just replaced them recently because it had been ten years and then the pretzel took one out, so I got to get it. Fill sang back there. Now, so you're a vampire. Yeah, there's like a little fang. You can't really see it, but anyway, it hurts you when you smiled big, I did see it. Oh, very attractive. Oh oh my god. Right. Anyhow, so now that we get into Banner Pump Rules, I liked this episode because we're starting to see more stuff going on, also starting to wonder is this going to be like a housewife's situation where like we need some fresh blood. I think we're gonna need some fresh blood because I don't know. I mean, once Sandabal kind of repairs everything with everyone, which I feel like, is where we're going what happens after that? Where do we go from there? And then is it two completely divided groups? And then who are Katie Maloney and Ariana going to talk? With because then they're going to be mad at everybody, And then are we only going to see Ariana's messy room for the rest of time? Like it was even messier this episode, I know, And I like how she goes in there, like why, I don't know, I don't get it, Like she's talking about her designer furniture while she's in her room. I'm like, are you talking about the designer custom made furniture underneath all of your shit?
Speaker 1: I'm like, you're gonna have to leave your room to show us the furniture because we can't see anything other than clothes and like hairpins and god dogs, anything that you can imagine. But I guess before we can even make that decision, we're going to have to see how the valley goes, and then we're also going to have to see how I don't know what it is called, but like the Great Big Wolf or whatever.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming that's going to be a show too. Yeah, it looks like it's heading that way right. Well, they're saying vander pump Villa is going to be a new show, but I feel like if they're showing us this much big bad wolf and were those actual wolves or were those dogs that were big? I don't know, we would have to do a DNA taste test, but I feel like those were some big huskies.
Speaker 1: And if you are a proponent of like animal welfare, are you allowed to have wolves on leashes?
Speaker 2: I don't know, they I think I think those were real wolves. But yeah, I hope they got compensated for the photo shoot. We can't be taking advantage of the wolves. And like, are wolves like pitbulls, Like as long as they're raised right, they're they're not going to try to eat you. I feel like that's wrong. I feel like, no matter what, they're always innately a wolf and they you just they just might snap at any second.
Speaker 1: Do you think the wolves were offended by how much photoshop was used in the photos?
Speaker 2: They were like, that's not what Lisa looked like that day. Just want to let everybody know, and like, brother freaking record, I'm not a wolf, I'm a docson and this is all this is a wolf suit. It's really a Pomeranian actually, James Kennedy and Sana and Rocks, tiny whities and just was a lot.
Speaker 1: But all right, let's get in Before we get into the episode, we've got some Housewife headlines, which the first one pretty much just shows that scandabal has now hit all forms of media, television, all the things. Because it has officially made it on SNL.
Speaker 2: I feel like, actually, if you if you're on SNL, even if they're making fun of you, I mean, you're pretty famous at this point, Like, no one's making fun of you on SNL. Just to let you know, just sho be the bear Man news. SNL knows your name, Emily, I'm sure they don't. My only shoe into SNL is one of my clients is on SNL and I jokingly one time texted her and said, and it was solely for my own purpose, I said, could you do a video mocking me? And she was like ha ha, but like then didn't. So yeah, she's like she's like, it's not even worthy to send on a text, let alone put it into a skit. Wait, but what do you mean she's on SNL like she's an actual Like yeah, she's one of the community. She wasn't on SNL when she was a client, it was years and years ago, but now she is on.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm allowed to talk about it because she's posted about it before. But she was trying to go all in and I watched like kind of her rise to success. And she is one of the funniest women out there, and I've just I'm blown.
Speaker 2: Away by her.
Speaker 1: But however, she was not in the Scandavall skit, But it's SNL is making fun of Alabama's recent Supreme Court ruling that an embryo is the legal equivalent equivalent of a human child. In the skit, a frozen embryo appears on stage talking.
Speaker 2: About its life. The band of All is the name dropped. When the embryo is asked if it feels like a full human life, they joke, does this look like a life to you? Colin?
Speaker 1: I'm living at negative two hundred degrees in liquid nitrogensing my non existent nipples off. I don't got a brain, I don't got a heart.
Speaker 2: I'm like Tom sand of All. I don't don't Tom.
Speaker 1: You did it again, which I guess we could talk about this later. But I didn't need to know that Tom Sandoval had an a tattooed on his ass when they were hitting the freaking golf balls.
Speaker 2: Out of it. I didn't. You didn't need to know that. No, And you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying this to be an asshole. I mean, I guess everything I say is an asshole comment. But like, I also am not really prone to guys that have tramp stamps or tattoos in their butt region.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like they actually like someone down there in that region and that's odd. Yeah, like I but also why would And it's painful, it's painful on your butt. I mean I have a I have a tattoo that's this big on my butt that I got, you know, in the eighth or ninth grade or whatever, and now it just looks like a blob because you got a tattoo in the eighth grade? Where were your parents? Where is your parental guidance?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't have the hardest in lay. But my dad is like a bigtime rock star, so he was not around. He was very booked hup on tour. And my mom was like the cool mom, you know, like as long as you tell me were cool with whatever. And you know, my id Emily allowed me to get it, so you.
Speaker 2: Know, well, maybe the A on his ass is like the scarlet letter. It's like a for adultery, a for adultery or ariana which is kind of the same thing that is true. There we go, makes sense. All works out, Yeah, it all works out in the end. Does Shane have any tattoos on his lower regions? Are you kidding? Shane is as Mormon as you can get. There are no tattoos. His body is a temple. No alcohol, no tattoos, no cat Well, I would say, no caffeine, except he drinks diet coke like a fiend. So but no coffee because that's in the book. No coffee, no call if you guys want to go down a Mormon rabbit hole.
Speaker 1: Last night when I couldn't sleep because I had anxiety, and I know this is like a sickness, but what calms me is crime or scandal or those types of things. So I listened to the podcast about the woman Ruby. Have you followed anything about this?
Speaker 2: No? Tell me, tell me more. Okay, So her name is Ruby. She they called like themselves the Eight Passengers because they had six kids and it's the two parents and essentially they documented their entire life on YouTube. And then she got in trouble for essentially like abusing her kids. But if you guys are like me, and you like I don't I don't like that she did this to her kids, obviously, but you just listen to those type of things, you will be hooked. It is so insane that it makes everything that happened on this episode of vander Pump Rules seem like nothing. Well, so you can't watch them together because then you you then you compare the two. Yeah, I went from watching I watched like child abuse and murderer, and then I watched Vanner Pump and I'm like, sand will not that bad. But I'm like, man, you know, why did fine that they're fighting in a store while trying on bikinis right like, this.
Speaker 1: Is no biggie Okay, this next thing. There is probably like ten different headlines where I couldn't even keep up about this loan and the house. There's one on TMZ. There's one on page six. The first one is Tom Sandoval wants Arianomatics to pay back is ninety thousand dollars loan before the house sale. Then Tom Samval denies that area Auto Mattox requests to sell the home that they share, claim she did not act reasonably and in good faith.
Speaker 2: It just goes on and on.
Speaker 1: He's saying she claimed to mitigate she failed to mitigate whatever damages she suffered in her documents, adding she didn't perform reasonably and in good faith. Right, this is also a mess. And know who is additionally a mess, the interior designer?
Speaker 2: I know, I agree, And first of all, I was like, it's very interesting that she was walking around talking about all this custom furniture. And I was like, is she trying to do that so that she can get some kind of value because she's going to use that as I don't know, like you, I don't owe you this money because I bought all this furniture and it's all custom made and it's expensive. Like I didn't really understand the purpose of what she was doing.
Speaker 1: Or I was wondering if she was trying to up the value of the house, like because you know some of these like you know, I live in one of them, Like I call them the McMansions, where we all look like we live in the same house that just different sizes, so they're mcmahonnsients. But some of the mc mansions don't have the best.
Speaker 2: You know, lighting or floors or pieces. So I was like, is she trying to up the value of the house by saying we did all of these customized things. But I don't know. But I like when she was like looking at that thing hanging from the ceiling, it looked like someone found some junk at a junk yard and then just suspended it from the ceiling. And then she the designers like that's was very expensive. But it was like, when was it a Shane? What was it? Well, you know in Beetlejuice, when they sit down at the dinner and like the legs come out and like it's like they all start singing. I was like, this is how it feels.
Speaker 1: I also wanted like imagine myself telling Edwin that we're going to get pink dining room chairs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that would be something where he'd be like, listen, if you want pink dining room chairs, that yo, that's on you. And if he would let you, he would let you get pink dining room chairs. I mean, I don't I know that he would like put up a fight about it if I really wanted them. But I also think if we were to break up, he wouldn't be so sad to lose him. I don't know, I don't know if Shane would let me get pink dining room chairs. I feel like he would be like, that's fine. You can get them, and you can also put them in your own home somewhere else, not this house.
Speaker 1: But I also have a very controversial thing to talk about, which is in regards to dining room tables.
Speaker 2: I actually hate them. I never use a dining room table. I use the small table in the kitchen, right, Like, how often do you sit down at your formal dining room table. I have a formal dining room table, and we use it. I would say once a year maybe, right, So isn't that just a waste of space? It really bugs me. Why why can't we change that and have it? Like I was like, why don't we make this like a billiard room or like something will utilize like because at Christmas and Thanksgiving we may or may not sit there, and nobody wants to anyway. I know every time I try to make my kids sit there, they just sit for a second and then they all run away and hide. So, you know, I don't know. I mean I think it's pretty when you walk in, Like you walk into my house and there's a chandelier and there's a formal dining room and it's nice, But it's not it's not functional, like we don't use it right.
Speaker 1: Well, if you ever were to invite me over, which at this point it doesn't seem like you are. I want to sit at the dining room table, and I want like, okay, full setup, name.
Speaker 2: Tag, all the things, all right, I will do it just for you. We can do we could do our podcast from my dining room. Oh actually, can you just turn your dining room into a podcast studio. Yes, I'm sure someone, Yes, we could just record from my dining room from now on. I'll just eat. I'll have it catered each week. Oh my god, it'll be a different meal.
Speaker 1: Listen, let's spend all the money that we make just having the wednesdays of our life. This next one is John Oliver jabs. Tom Sandoval says pigs are smarter than him. Listen, I don't know how smart a pig is.
Speaker 2: I can't pigs. Pigs are highly intelligent. How woud you heard that before? I mean, don't pigs live and shit? They do, but I think they enjoy that. But I mean, I think pigs are highly intelligent. So I don't know if that's actually an insult. I mean, I mean, I think Tom should take that as a compliment, like I think that I mean pigs. No, I mean, oh, we just got this answer. Pigs are as intelligent as a three year old child. Well, I mean, Dove's pretty smart. Thinks are smarter than dogs. I mean, I think my dog is a genius. So I'll be the judge of that when I'm at your dining room table. If he begs for food, how he will? He will beg for food? Okay. Fans puzzled by Lisa vander Pump's spurry social media photo the Paradise article, I actually I thought this photo. I saw it when she posted it. I thought it was just some reference to her new restaurant that's called Wolf. I thought she she just thought this guy would be like a great matre d right.
Speaker 1: I also want to know who goes to Who's like listen, my main source of news is Paradise articles.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of Paradise before, Like, hold up, let me get to It's like my friend who calls TMZ the news. She would be like, did you see on the news. I'm like, you mean CAMZ right? Do you mean Instagram reels? Because that's where I get all my news. But this this wolf, I almost called it a fox.
Speaker 1: This wolf looks different than the wolves that we saw on this episode, so I'm like, either.
Speaker 2: This wolf has a suit on, so there's that. This wolf actually is Tom Sanduvil confirmed, but it's not Cross so it's not a top stand of all this episode. No, this this is like a badass wolf that's about to go into court and like kick some ass and litigate. Like this wolf knows what's up. Maybe this maybe this.
Speaker 1: Wolf is like Anne's boyfriend, because I've learned at this point, Anne is in on all the joke, even though she has like a interesting demeanor in her delivery.
Speaker 2: Uh huh where she's gonna Yeah, But I think she's actually like haha you yeah, like she's playing coy. She is in to mock everyone. But fans are confused by it. But they won't be now because they're going to see the full wolf wolf woof photo shoot.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna take a quick break and then we will come back to talk about.
Speaker 2: The actual episode.
Speaker 1: Starts out James is driving Graham Cracker home. He's unsure how Ali will react to him bringing home his ex's dog, but he's ecstatic to have Graham back in his life.
Speaker 2: But I couldn't focus on any of this because you're spot on James's console. Yeah, was that dog poop? Was he putting a treat there and it melted? Like? Who?
Speaker 1: Like I drive when I Drew drive, my car can be messy from time to time. But if there was a big brown, gooey stain next to me, I would notice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, I feel like it could be dog poop, except there wasn't any smear anywhere near it, So I don't know how he could just poop like a little dot and then cleanly exit. Well.
Speaker 1: Then I started going like down conspiracy theories. I was like, maybe he wanted to make sure, you know, like when you have the car cams when you're getting filmed, like you kind of have to be in a certain area. I was like, maybe he put peanut butter there, so then Graham would want to be in on the action and be on camera the whole time, like this is this is why I have issues.
Speaker 2: But then his head would be down like this and he'd be eating the peanut butter, so he wouldn't be on camera at all. Fuck, So what is it? Why? Maybe it's an eminem that melted. That is the biggest eminem I've ever seen in my life. And one of those Emily sized peanut butter everyone. I don't know. It just was a lot.
Speaker 1: And then we get to arian a lot of driving scenes this episode. Ariana and Katie are driving and Ariana mentions that things at the restaurant are shitty. Literally someone pooped on their patio.
Speaker 2: And I was like, that was Emily me. It was not me. I have never pooped on a patio, have you. I mean, I've pooped in my neighborhood. Like I'm out for a walk. Have you ever had that happen where you go for a walk and you're like a mile from your house and you're like, oh my god. And I literally had to, like, you know, like go up into someone's embankment in my neighborhood and like shit behind a tree. You want to hard time.
Speaker 1: I can't even make fun of you because I have done the same thing.
Speaker 2: I know you have. That's the only reason I said it, because I know you could share in this because I and Kyle will never let me live it down.
Speaker 1: There's a place where they all live, like they have houses in Lakinta and there's like a loop. And inside of this loop that you go on like a jog or a walk on, there's like no botty area. And I realized when I start to get like that hot, like cold, flashy.
Speaker 2: Feeling, I sat panicking and you get the cramps in the stomach. Yeah, and I'm like, I'm not gonna freaking make it. And I realized that our one hundred thousand listeners are really appreciating this. But if you've been there, it's really a bad situation. It's a really shitty situation to be It's very shitty.
Speaker 1: But the only way that I was able to do this was that I had on a tank top and I was able to utilize that tank top.
Speaker 2: Oh, toilet paper got it.
Speaker 1: But if I'd just been like a sports bra kind of day what I've done, then I.
Speaker 2: Had to use leaves like large. I found large leaves, large flat leaves. I would have a hard time with leaves like those are crunchy. I'd worry about them getting your nut. It was the leaves or nothing. That's where I was at in life.
Speaker 1: I love that we can judge Tom Zandoval for having an a tattooed on his ass, but We're happy to use our white tank tops and leaves on ours when we have to shit in people's neighborhood. But however, the patio is what's really holding things up. Apparently they were hoping that to open by the end of the month, which we.
Speaker 2: Now know how happened. We know the end of the month has now been what are we like? Eight night? But the city keeps throwing things at them.
Speaker 1: Katie has zero fomo about the Tahoe trip.
Speaker 2: She doubts Shorts. Oh, she doubts Shorts thinks it's a.
Speaker 1: Good idea either, And if they all end up coming up as besties, Arianna will still respect her boundaries. She refuses to be loyal to anyone who isn't loyal to her.
Speaker 2: That is a hard line drawn in the sand. So basically, it's like if anyone comes to any resolution with Sandoval and decides that, you know what, the past is the past, we just have to move on, then then they are now dead to Ariana? Is that where they're all at? And also now Ariana also thinks that Shorts is dead to her, So it's like, what are we going to do?
Speaker 1: Because with all do as Andy says, watching solely Arianna and Katie.
Speaker 2: It ain't it for me. I need more action exactly whether we got to get Sheena's babysitter making out with Katie soon, like sum's got to go on with them except for talking about their exes at this point exactly.
Speaker 1: Arianna did have a funny confessional comment. She said, like who do I have to go to?
Speaker 2: Oh? Who do I have to blow to? Yeah? And then it doesn't do it. But then I was like, that didn't even.
Speaker 1: Really sound like her. I wonder who gave her that line.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but what was that that was in regards to getting the permits? Right, Like she's like, who do I have to blow to get some permits around here or something? Well, clearly shouldn't blow anybody because they still don't have them. So I mean clearly she did and it was not good, and she used one of your broken Venier teeth and is right? Or she did in her bedroom and they couldn't come. There's too much more to my house. But they were like, what the hell this is hoarders.
Speaker 1: I'm out here, it's hoarders and I can't get away.
Speaker 2: From that white noise. Right, They're like, no permits for you look at her house, but this is the health shit in your bedroom, Let alone the freaking sandwich shop. Let me making sandwiches. But I'm just so confused as to why I can go to a subway near my house that's like a B or a C and grating and they have permits and because they didn't have a patio with shit on it. You're right, subway doesn't have a But.
Speaker 1: Have you noticed that subway is like Disneyland where it like spews out or like Abercrombie where it spews out a smell like I can smell subway from a couple of blocks away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, it has its own distinct smell. I don't know what it is, but it is a subway smell.
Speaker 1: So if it's something about her, ever does open. I do think they could spray out some like now that they don't have a patio vibe, they could have like.
Speaker 2: A smell vibe. You mean, like a subliminal that just kind of like entices people to come in, like a ham and cheese, like a warm ham and cheese, wet morning walk. Yeah it was one time.
Speaker 1: Oh well then we get back to we leave this situation. We know this has gone nowhere, James brings Graham home.
Speaker 2: You could tell Allie is not for this. She's not happy, but she's trying to. Like it's like that fake smile and you're like, oh great, old Ali's like, I am so glad this happened for the first time on camera, so I have to sit here and write that. I like also most of the time, and don't come at me, guys most of the time.
Speaker 1: If you're a cat lover, you're not also a dog lover. Like you're either a cat person or dog person.
Speaker 2: I think people are yeah, yeah, which are you a cat or dog? Dog? Me? See, I'm a dog person.
Speaker 1: Cats, you know, I don't even like being hugged and like cats are always like poking at you.
Speaker 2: But cats only like you for a second then they leave, I know.
Speaker 1: But they know when you're annoyed, and then they need at you all the time.
Speaker 2: Oh the kneading. You don't like the kneading?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I'm like, so, I mean, I don't know Dev wants a cat. We'll see what happens. But you could tell she wasn't a fan of it. They have Graham outside, Graham barks at their cat banks banks banks and it worries Ali Graham was given up because he was biting, and she is not okay with it.
Speaker 2: As this episode progresses, I need the fact that I've already seen this storyline and lifted on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Is very hard for me to like, even are you over there over the dog storyline? I thought the dog, but I yes, and I realize I'm skipping to later in the episode, but I just want to point this out while we're talking about the dog. Did you see how when Lisa brought the dog in to Tahoe to the place, she hands the dog off and then.
Speaker 1: She goes, I don't want to talk about it, but here you go, And she was once again passing the baton of all the information that she has given to someone on one of her shows to talk about a dog situation for them to then carry the storyline out. And that's exactly what they did. So I mean less stupid for being.
Speaker 3: I'm not the only one that will forward. I'm the least smart as a pig, at least or a three year old. I do like that the dog got to ride on the private jet and everyone else is like on a commercial flight.
Speaker 2: Well, and also the shade on poor Ken, like can they not make him look like he's like not one hundred and seventy two years old. He's taking a nap. That's the only that's the only shot of him on the plane as him will pass out of sleep, like you know, somebody was there filming the entire time. That like poor Ken.
Speaker 1: First, this has to be like some come in and deliver weird information sometimes and then they catch him sleeping on the plane. But yeah, I did appreciate, like, no, no, James, you and Alie can't come on the plane.
Speaker 2: But this storyline is good enough that your dog can, You're dog can. We're gonna bring it, the biting dog to a rental property to be around a bunch of our employees. Yeah, the biting dog. But I also think.
Speaker 1: Ali is just more worried that with the dog coming, she's becoming like.
Speaker 2: She's the new mom, she's the step mom. She's the stepmom. But she's also like Raquel Junior, She's like racali 'calie, Like what do you mean explain it?
Speaker 1: Like now she is morphed into the same exact life.
Speaker 2: Like they have this same dog, they have the same that what else is there. They have the same boyfriend. They have the same boyfriend. I'm sure they have the same issues with the boyfriend. Yeah, and you can you can see. I actually really like Allie as I continue watching her. I think she's good on the show. Yeah, because even when she says something that's a little shady, then she immediately realizes and goes, I guess that was kind of mean, but he he And that's how humans actually are, right, We say shitty stuff and then sometimes we regret it. It happens to me all the time. Yeah, I mean, and then sometimes I don't regret it, and I don't that out. Yeah, I mean sometimes I regret it. Yeah, you know, I mean, if we remember it, sometimes you regret it.
Speaker 1: Then we get to Santavala and shorts shopping for Tahoe outfits, and shorts was sent to headlines about this is I mean, this is amazing. As if the headlines are dropped at the same exact time, He's like.
Speaker 2: What whoa, whoa goo, Oh my gosh, wow, we're selling The timing of this is so bananas. But she changed her name from Raquel to Rachel, and then not three minutes later, he's like, here's another one she's out of the mental facility. And you see both times Sandoval knows already right, which she is indicating that he talks to her, so he already knows these things well. And then let's also be clear, this means Shorts also knew already. Yes, if Sandoval knew already, Shorts knew already exactly that acting could have maybe been worked on just a touch maybe or maybe they didn't.
Speaker 1: Maybe they could have been like, let's talk about the headlines that came out this week, right instead of it's like breaking news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, breaking news, Like maybe there could have had more because then the conversation kind of stopped. And I think that's what the group has a problem with Shorts on is like Shorts doesn't push Sandoval to share more like oh, like at that point, I wanted to go, well, how did you know she changed her name? Was that because you saw the Google alert or because you talked to her? Right right, You're like, is it because you saw it or you actually spoke to her? And if you actually spoke to her, what was the conversation about? When was the conversation? How did you have it? Did you talk on the phone?
Speaker 1: Was the text right, yeah, Because then we get to the text messages and he says that now all of a sudden, the texts are blue or they have been green. So now we're starting to guess that maybe they haven't talked. But this is what I didn't like, and I know I already tied to the center of the chat. But we are shown one little snippet of a text that Tom Sandoval sent to Rachel, and they read it, they show.
Speaker 2: It to us. But then at that same point they pan the phone and I see a bunch of little texts and then two blue bubbles. What did a second blue bubble say? We got a lot.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you got a lot of dms, but I got a lot of dms saying that I don't understand narcissistic behavior because I'm not understanding Rachel's boundaries and these things. So what I want to know is, was that second bubble Tom going off on her about something like you're out and you haven't contacted me, what the hell I'm in love with you?
Speaker 2: My heart's broken? Was it gaslighting her or was it just like yay, I see your phones on like something. But then whatever it was, why did they choose not to show it, is the question. Well, maybe it's because they were talking and they were trying to figure out if she was coming back on the show. That's what I kept thinking.
Speaker 1: Because the time, the one time I showed a text message cropped on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, it was because the next line was about it being on a television show.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you think I had something to do with fourth wall type things? Thinking why they did, That's why they asked and show it.
Speaker 1: So I'm guessing, like, are you going to come back and film with us?
Speaker 2: What's happening? Like blah blah blah. That is like, because I'm guessing that's when they were starting to do that once she got out of the facility, is when she went back for negotiations. Well, that would have made sense that if he knew she was out, he would have been asking, now that you're out, are you coming to fill it? Yeah, that doesn't make sense. I mean that's my guess. I mean, that's a good guess. That's that's a good guess. I thought maybe it was something that was definitive as to the end of their relationship, Like she was like, I don't ever want to talk to you again or something, or he said I don't want to talk to you, or I don't know, But then they didn't want to show it because they want to keep leading you on the rest of the season. As to whether there's any interaction with them or something, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think it's got to be about show related or else they would any chance they could have gotten to make Sandoval look bad or look in love with Raquel or Rachel.
Speaker 2: They would have. I actually did you I okay, I don't know. It's just me and maybe there's something wrong with me, but I actually feel badly for him when he cries. Do you feel like any sympathy? Well, I don't know, because maybe I probably can count on one hand how many times I've seen Edwin Ariave cry. Yeah, me too. About Shane, I think once in fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we've been together fifteen years, and like I've seen some really hard things happen in his life or with his family or business or us or anything. And I really, I maybe think it's three times. And even when the crying is happening, he's not getting it's not like he's getting a tissue and wiping his tears. It's like I see the eyes like well up and he's like trying to keep it together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying that men can't cry. I'm just saying four to five times this episode felt like a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't I don't know. I don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe I'm just getting softer in my old age. But I actually, I don't know. I felt some sympathy for him.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel some sympathy towards him when he saw the dog, Yeah, and I realized that he was like shit or I felt a little sympathy for him when he was trying to talk to James but and crying in the car.
Speaker 2: I wasn't there yet, No, not in the car. No. Because also I watched Special Forces, so I got to see him cry lots of times on that show as well. San I didn't watch that he cried on Special Forces, Yes, but I mean I would cry, and I mean but because it was because it was physically yeah, like when I see you down right, I mean, I just don't know that like him and Shorts having a conversation with a car, yeah, it's all. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It just felt a little and then it was happening again in the bathroom once they got like they showed him wiping again his tears because somebody said hi to him in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I was like, I don't know about dish all right. Then we get to Sheena another shopping scene, which we love, love the shopping. Love the shopping scene. Sheen and Brock are shopping for bathing suits. She's anxious about the trip because she's leaving Summer. She'll be staying at the same house as Santaval, and she doesn't want to hurt Ariana's feelings, but she still wants to go. Then Tory. Tory is like a key player at this point because soon I say we're doing the makeouts has taken another job. We see Rock emphasizing that they can't have Sheena's mom around twenty four to seven for the rest of their lives. Sheena argues it's not twenty four to seven and blames Brock for being content with hiring some random stranger. Then Brock says he's trying to figure out why Sheena thinks no one else is capable of watching Summer other than her mom. He tells her your mom makes you feel like you're not good enough, and you go down this rabbit hole. So your mom doubles down and reminds you that you're not a good enough parent, and it makes you want to have that belief in anyone else, not want to have that belief in anyone else. Yeah, and then you see she that was like Sheena was okay with the conversation, and then once you brought it to that, I think, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, do I think that I want a mother in law all the time around?
Speaker 2: No? Do you? I mean you seems pretty rad, but like, well, it doesn't mean I want her around all the time though. Yeah, but I.
Speaker 1: Also understand Sheena wanting her mom to watch her child when.
Speaker 2: She's out of town. Yeah. I mean they both have good points here. I mean, Brock's saying it doesn't have to be your mom all the time, like why can't it be someone else at some point? Like that's a reasonable request. But then Sheen is saying, oh, so you want to random stranger? Well, No, I don't think that's what he's saying. He's saying, can we try someone else and let them build up a rapport and then we use someone else at certain points other than just your mom all the time. So I mean they both make they both have good points and good arguments. They need to just be able to come to some middle, you know, compromise. But then we have to dig a little deeper here. I think two other things were like said in passing, which was that I think Brock is taking on a while Sheena is filming. I think Brock is taking on a lot of the responsibility responsibility, and it's probably weighing on him because he doesn't like he isn't a full time ban of pump Rules paid person. I don't know how much money he makes, but like it's not his full time gig. So is it the same as housewives, like if he's a husband, because you know, with housewives, husbands don't get paid, so I assume he doesn't get paid, right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know how that works because husbands also like don't always go on I guess they do go on trips on housewives, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's paid like a friend of I don't know, but interesting either way, you could tell like he's like, you know, like we're going to need some addition. It can't always be me or your mom, I think was what he was trying to say.
Speaker 1: But then when he started going in about her mom making her feel like she's not good enough, I wondered, like, is this some kind of private conversation that they've had about the way that she grew up and something?
Speaker 2: So yeah, clearly, I mean there's clearly deeper issues there that were not privy too, because I felt like that just felt like it was kind of out of context at that point, right, yeah, I mean, but also then once we see Brock later at some point, I'm like, Rock like playing it up for the cameras at this point, Well, he does like a speedo. He does like a speedo. Yeah, I mean, it feels like a little.
Speaker 1: Boisterous at this point, like it's like I'm here to put on a show and show my worth on this television show.
Speaker 2: And right, I don't always love when dudes that aren't I don't know the part of the show, part of the show to fully do that.
Speaker 1: And I felt I felt for her in that moment, like you just took something that didn't need to be out there and put it.
Speaker 2: Out there, right, Like we didn't make that piece of the puzzle. I would have been fine with just your mom's around too much. Yeah, that makes sense, Like I feel like that's the level of conversation that should have been, like can we find someone else to fill in occasionally so it doesn't have to be your mom twenty four to seven? And I get it. I'm sure he doesn't want her around twenty four to seven, especially when doesn't she I mean a couple episodes ago, she was telling him she didn't like the way he was talking or something. I mean, she got in the middle of their conversation. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there's just a lot. It's probably tensions are growing.
Speaker 2: And I think when they first were together, they lived in San Diego, they had this like their own situation. And now, I mean, obviously things change when you have kids, and I think they're going to go through learning curves. And you know, that was the hardest part in my marriage too, was.
Speaker 1: Right after our first you know, like we just couldn't we couldn't figure out the dynamic.
Speaker 2: But why the hell do they make I don't know who does this or why it happens, But when you look at the same thing in the store eighty three thousand times, we know, we know your options are the two bikinis, the brown one and then the one with the pattern, but like, just sit down and ask them for a sparkling water and let's have a conversation in the store. We don't believe that you want to wear either of these bikinis. I had the one piece. I guarantee we're not seeing you in that. I know, you know what, I feel like, it's hard. I feel like it's difficult to have the conversations they want you to have when you're shopping, because then you're trying to have a conversation and you're like, oh, I love these salt and pepper shakers, Like it's it can be awkward.
Speaker 1: It's awkward, and then it's also she once she got annoyed, then she's like, we wouldn't normally be fighting about this in a store in the store, and I think that.
Speaker 2: Was meant for an off camera situation, Like she didn't think that part would be you right. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But Brock oh, Brock has said in an interview that he does get paid for the show.
Speaker 2: Rumors are that it's ten thousand dollars an episode. Who knows if that's true. Wow, But I mean that's pretty good money for That's why he's like, that's why he's amping up his game, and he's wearing the you know, I mean the Ana hammock. I mean, I don't know. That was a lot for me.
Speaker 1: Then, you know, we get everyone being apprehensive about the Tahoe ship and shown again helping Tom pick out an outfit, and then he says, well, he look okay if he gets stabbed, and then Anne had a moment. He just said she was picturing a bloody dead Tom. She wasn't mad about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, at least the blood would blend men, all right. So James and Ali are packing for Tahoe. It was too late to add Graham to their flight ticket, so James dropped him off with Lisa, who's taking him on her private jet, which we talked about already. Yeah, James and Alli are nervous to have Graham around Sandoval. He probably hung out with the dog more than they realize. And that's what I also then started wondering, is the amount that they are talking about Rachel and Sandoval's relationship and the dog and all of that. I don't know, it just starting to feel weird to me, Like, what do you mean, like like I if I was with James, Yes, if James was my boyfriend and he used to be engaged to Rachel Rachel, and now I have the dog, I think I wouldn't really talk about her other relates, Like if I was the new girlfriend, I would just keep it to like, all right, let's see how the dog works out with our family. I wouldn't keep bringing up Rachel. Right, but who knows?
Speaker 1: Then we get we already talked about the sand of all facetimes her while they're driving, right.
Speaker 2: He cries. We talked about that, Okay. I guess what I meant was I felt sorry for him when he cried in his confessionals, but I didn't understand why he was crying, Like someone really gets me upset when I see a man in a green suit and green and a studio crying. I don't know when I do. When I do interviews, I cry a lot too, So I just felt like I cry all the time. But I don't know, I just I don't know. Maybe he was maybe he was really having a big SOB. Maybe he was having a moment.
Speaker 1: And I love that you've now edited what you originally thought, even though originally you were sad that he cried with Shorts.
Speaker 2: Now, no, no, I think I forgot about that part. I just picture him in that green suit doing his interview crying. That's what I picture, right right right. Uh.
Speaker 1: Then they arrived to the beach house, the Tahoe Beach House, and Shorts doesn't want to jinx anything, but he's hopeful they become a big, happy family.
Speaker 2: And it'd all be thanks to him. Yeah, I mean, because he is the hero in this. He facilitated it. He brought everybody together. I feel like he wants like a he wants like a pat on the shoulder. He wants I mean, but in his point, he's the only one that could do that. I guess maybe No, he really is the only one that it could have done is the bridge, so he had to make it happen. He is a bridge. So we appreciated it. Yeah. Uh. Then we get some more teeny bikini action.
Speaker 1: Then they're out at the pier Sandoval thanks to the group for being so nice to him. He mentioned his friend Shannon will be there tomorrow morning to do a guided meditation. James was like, where the hell is my CBD drinks? At this point in time, because I can't even take this.
Speaker 2: You know what, I don't like that stuff either. You do right? You like to meditate and have like peaceful moments. See, I'm more of a I don't know. I would rather just I like the breaking the wall shit, Like I like that when they were when they had the hammers and the what is that? It's not a hammer? What is a floodchhammer? That's a sledhammer. Yeah, let me be clear.
Speaker 1: I like to meditate in my home, in my bed for five minutes and like try to get my anxiety together. But meditating with a bunch of people I'm fighting with, right, it's going to make things better, Like on a vacation that doesn't seem right. No, if you're going to like a health retreat or you're doing this or doing whatever, or you're with a group of like minded people where you feel like or but forcing people to do do anything never works out.
Speaker 2: Exercise meditating, it's like it's not going to go well.
Speaker 1: Then Brock seems excited but feels then you know, James feels the opposite. Lalla applaud Sandoval for working on himself and says it's admirable after everything he's done I loved Lalla this episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so too. I really like what she says. It's not a lot, but when she says it, it's it's precise and it's profound, where everyone else is kind of like, you know, and it takes a while to get to the point, just go straight there. And I appreciate that. But when who is it that called standible mister tryhard? Oh? Is it James the Yeah? But I don't know, did you think it was fair to call him mister tryhard? Because I feel like that's hypocritical because they want him, You're asking him to try hard, right, they forget him to try hard, and then when he tries hard, he makes fun of him and calls him mister try hard, and I'm like, the guy is this It's just a lose lose for him? At this point, You're like, you want all these things from him, you want attention, you want apology. So he tries to do things like that and then you're like, oh, mister try hard and it's like, oh pathetic, what a loser? Right?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but then this then then Lisa comes in, we talk about it, the dog comes in. They've decided to rename the dog. It's it's such a better name too, I mean, oh yeah, I mean it was really a step up. And then Allie makes the joke that the joke to sand Like, of all the people to make the joke to Allie, I'm not sure Sandoval.
Speaker 2: Was the right audience, Like I know your audience. Yeah, Like Sandoval already looks sadder than like the person. Like he's like sees the dog.
Speaker 1: He's like, he obviously doesn't seem like he has a big connection with the dog because he mentions that the dog has been multiple people, right, you see him even like brush off the dog hair even though the dog's hypoallergenic, like all of it. It's all playing out. But then Ali goes, well, I mean, if Rachel can rename herself, why can't we rename hippie right?
Speaker 2: Hah. She was waiting for like a haha, she got nothing and he was like no reaction.
Speaker 1: She faced and then she's like, guess that was kind of mean, But then she liked it enough then she needed to tell James that she did it right.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that that happened. Then we get to.
Speaker 1: Ariana facetiming the designer, which I know you've reached a low point in the episode when every scene, the only scenes that you're in are when you're facetiming other people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's not even about what's going on on the show. It's about your furniture.
Speaker 1: It's about your furniture that at this point, like the fact that you would even consider for one second having a.
Speaker 2: Lego Lego artwork reworked reworked is problematic for me. Like I have a nine year old son named Luke who loves legos. If you want to ship that Arianna over to my house, that kid will rework it for you. I'm telling you, he does like five Lego sets a day. Send it my way and lout mind work it.
Speaker 1: Do you think he could utilize because she is blonde and he is brunette? Do you think that Luke could metamorphose that artwork?
Speaker 2: And to me, yes, I think he could. I think there are enough pieces and enough different colors that I could be stand the Ball and you could be Arianna and I will hang it right here behind me Arianna, Send it my way. How much would it cost for us to get that painting?
Speaker 1: Also, how much should it I mean that the Lego set, how much should it cost in general?
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know, but apparently a lot because the thing hanging from the ceiling was expensive, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I do have to say this, if I was going to share my living quarters with my ex that I no longer am interested in, that is something I would take down straight away and keep.
Speaker 2: No, Like I would not have that in the house anymore. Like if we're well, you're talking about the lego, not the chandelier thing, No leg picture, not the chandelier with no lights, No the lego picture, Like I wouldn't want to walk by it every day, like it like I don't keep in mind she take the legos off of his face at least so yeah, or like put a.
Speaker 1: Friendship lamp there with her boyfriend right over his head, Like I wouldn't want to see that photo every day. Then Brock apologizes to Shena, which I thought was an actual apology.
Speaker 2: It was. I thought it was a good, genuine apology about it being wrong place, round, wrong time totally and.
Speaker 1: Saying we're going to put a pin in this because I'm glad he did do it, because for a minute there, I was like, shit, these two aren't going to make it like they were like at each other.
Speaker 2: I know, were they fighting about laundry when they were in the and she was even been like mad at him because he doesn't let her do the laundry. I was like, I've never had that argument with Shane, like, stop doing your own laundry. I'll do it, like I've never said that in my life.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be really honest. I give two shits of Edwin's underwear turned pink because you watched it with something else, like that's on him.
Speaker 2: I don't care what color is underwear. I know Shane has pink socks, a pink hoodie, and it's all because of the housewife, I mean the housekeeper. I don't care. I'm not going to be like, oh, I'm so sorry that's pink. Let me do your laundry for me. Let me take control. Oh you didn't like your Postmads Sinner, let me cook you something up. Don't you post again. I'll make sure that I got you covered next time. In the formal dining room, that is where we will eat it, and we will enjoy every second of it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but I did think it was a genuine apology. I do think they're just going it's you know, the highs and lows of after you have a kid exactly and figuring it out. Then they all go to visit he sat at the Wolf.
Speaker 2: The Wolf. It's going to be beautiful. It looks like you know the other restaurants. I think it's going to turn into something great. But then they go to the what they another restaurant, right they do the rage room or the they hit the thing with the sledgehammer? Right? Which what would you have yelled? A few were them? You know, I was thinking that, but I did, like what sand of all yelled? Wasn't he just yelling off everything that He's like worm with a mustache with the mustache greater. But then he was like la la, and she's like, what's like, what about some of the ship you've done? You know, like so that's how they ended. Oh yeah, scumbag cheaters Charles oh Lanson's son, and oh I said that, Yeah, She's like that was my line, thank you. But she did make another good point, like he isn't calling out any of his actions, which you know, maybe Scannaval was his actions. I don't know, I don't really know. It's in his head I don't know. I mean, he did say narcissist, and he did say liar, and he did say cheater, right, But I guess he was saying in a way where those were things that other people said about him and he wasn't really saying it about himself. I don't know. I don't know either. But then they all go out to another dinner. Lisa has another outfit change, and which they're all like, wow, third outphabit change.
Speaker 1: Then they panned to all three outfits, like I want to make sure she gets her screen time, no matter if it's just outfit changes, they're not more times with wolves. And then everyone starts hounding Shorts for saying he's single, oh because remember Short said.
Speaker 2: Single at forty when he had the sledge Oh yeah, with the sledgehamber. But he seems to be but he sounds like he's fine as single at forty because he says he's not ready to He says he's not ready to mingle because he's probably getting it in with Joe and that's fine for now, and he's telling Joe. He knows that Joe's going to watch this, and he needs to make it very clear he's not ready to be in a relationship, right, or he's just secretly in love with Lala because there was that awkward conversation between the two of them at the pole. But he's like, you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. But you know, like as a friend, you're the most amazing creature I've ever laid eyes on. But just as friends, and.
Speaker 1: The sexiest lips I've ever seen. Even though I made fun with him, but as a platonic way, but he did. There was some other chemistry type thing that they had. I actually wouldn't even hate if those two ended up together.
Speaker 2: No, I think it would be cute. I mean kind be as a dad. I think he would be a good dad. I think he would be like the fun, goofy dad, but a Disneyland dad. Well no, not like at Disneyland. I think he would be a good, committed dad. But I think he would just be like he wouldn't be like the disciplinarian dad. No, but I think you know.
Speaker 1: Then Lisa raises a two host and telling James to say one nice thing about Sandoval.
Speaker 2: He struggles to come up with something and then finally settles in was saying it's nice that we're all sitting at a.
Speaker 1: Table together, and actually it was fine with that versus some response, right right, And then Sandoval explains the living situation to everyone, mentioning that he's offered to buy Ariana out and the fact that they have not spoken since the reunion.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then Lisa calling Shorts out because of the dirty martini. She's like, why didn't you order the vander pump Rose? Did you see Hallie? She's like, are you not following the script? What is your problem?
Speaker 2: Like, what what are you doing here? You don't even go here anymore? Stand of all knows james behavior is due to the fact that he's hurt, so he pulls him aside so they can talk privately. James points out that Sandival could have been the things with Arianna before getting together with Rachel, and that wouldn't have been nearly as catastrophic. It comes down to Sandibal not having the guts to end his relationship. I mean, yeah, that's a good point, Like, clearly end your relationship with the person that you're committed to and that you live with before having an affair with somebody else. I mean, I mean, but I have done a lot of research on like cheating, and I think this is very I'm not justifying it, you guys. I'm saying that oftentimes people will cheat because they don't have the balls to actually end it, and they hope they're going to get caught. Okay, you like true crime. I feel like there's so many men that will actually murder their wives before coming clean that they have a mistress. And I'm like, dude, like you just had to get divorced. You didn't have to murder her just because you don't want to disappoint the person. Or I think what he wasn't able to say was like I didn't want to disappoint the fans. We've done books together, We've given the illusion that we're such this great couple, and I just wasn't ready to throw in the towel on that and be the bad guy. So I just became the worst guy ever. So I just I just basically ruined my entire life. I just blew everything up. Now I'm a frozen embryo on SNL. You know what, That's where I'm at life. I'm a frozen embryo and a pig and a worm with a mustache, winning, winning, But then Sandoval says, you know, there is a true moment with him and James. So they talk about their friendship and then that's when they go down memory lane where you kind of see that James is he's coming around with well, he's coming around, but you see how much James really liked Sandoval right at one point, and then you remember that Sandoval paid for a portion of like the engagement party between oh yeah, Rael and James James, and we see all the messiness. But then James asked the question something along the lines of like how are you feeling? And Sandoval says he's torn between resentment and love with Rachel right now and he doesn't know where they stand. And I I thought in that moment that was the most real I had seen Tom. Yeah, I agree, it was like a finally a level of real vulnerability.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like he like he could have given James the like, no, I've done with it, or she's the love of my life, but yeah, been over the top.
Speaker 2: But he was like, you know what, I really don't know. I don't know. Yeah, I think I.
Speaker 1: Love her, but she left me in this mess. Whether she did or not, she's setting her boundaries getting healthy. I'm not saying that, but that's how he felt. And then James talks about how he thought Sandoval would be the last man in Hollywood to ever betray him.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I was like, wait, whoa, I'm sorry called vander Pump Rules and you're all on it to essentially cause drama, and you thought he was the last hmm, So James isn't a good judge of character. That's what I came away with.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I also came away with He's coming around and for the first time that we've seen on this show, Santaval is finally taking a little bit of accountability and James admits he is missing parts of their relationships. And then James jitters the entire episode gave me a.
Speaker 2: Little bit of anxiety. Did he I didn't notice that? Yeah? Oh he twitches a lot. You mean he's having withdrawals? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 1: That's no, No, that's a housewife trick what you just did right there.
Speaker 2: And like that said, no, see, I know I'm really good at that stuff. You know. I never asked a question that I don't know the answer to.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you guys, that is another episode of popping off with thanks.
Speaker 2: For joining us us US Emily Simpson and Teddy Mellencamp. I said my name first this time. You know what you nailed it. I nailed it. It was a nice ring to it, and thank you. Soon you'll see us on a lego artwork. Yes, coming soon done, I look hear you. By bye bye