Speaker 1: Welcome to We Talk Back Podcast, the production of iHeartRadio and the Black Effect Network Talk Talk.
Speaker 2: We're just two unapologetically black women with an opinion who talks back, big back, big back. Listen, I'm giving a big bag indergy right now. I might as well start. What's up y'all? Welcome to that new episode of We Talk Back. As your Girl tam Man, I love y'all. AJ what's not y'all?
Speaker 1: It's your girl, a j holiday, a great a day. Why the fuck are you starting off the introduction talk about big bags?
Speaker 2: Cause listen, y'all. One of my good friends, she has a wellness studio which is fabulous called Muambouge, and I did some content for her and I got a massage and she was recording me getting a massage. And then when I was looking at the video, baby, you couldn't tell me what the linebacker laying down on that bed, I was like, it's my bad dad, why for real? Like that shit hurt my feelings. I ain't even made the video yet because I just don't know how I much edit out that extra back piece. Girl, your back is not big that I'm gonna send you this video. You gonna sweat. You gonna swear, bitch that I'm exavierly get laying down there on that motherfucker bed.
Speaker 1: The backs baby talk about. I know the backs they be talking about, and I don't got one of them.
Speaker 2: Nigga, when I look at him, when I look in the mirror, I'm gonna send you this video because you're gonna be like, Okay, I see what you're saying. It's just that it's that space between the the arm pit, in the arm rofat.
Speaker 1: Oh this left punk right here, that.
Speaker 2: Chunk right there up under the armpit. But in the bag.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: Baby, girl? I ain't like it. I've been doing uh, what's it called?
Speaker 1: Roe?
Speaker 2: I've been rowing never since that video, baby, because that got to come up off me. How's your weekend?
Speaker 1: Just suck it out. My weekend is going well, girl. It is an eight day weekend for me. I'm on vacation, bitch, y'all. I'm in Anguila, chilling, black as hell. We had lobster for dinner last night. Your best life, God is real good. The only thing I'm missing some Penis man.
Speaker 2: Because you know, Penis couldn't come with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I like thugs. This nigga, don't have no passport, but we gonna get you a passport, baby, so we can go outside.
Speaker 2: What did I do this weekend? Oh, it was my friend Bunny's birthday and we went outside. Uh, she's cousins with Jayla from the Baddies, So we was outside with the baddies from Zeus Network. Girl. Yes, it was a situation situation.
Speaker 1: Who's Jayala? Is that not the girl from Columbia that's he talking about? Mm hmm which character is that? Because didn't they have from Colombia before?
Speaker 2: I think she was on Joscelyn's Cabaret it was Yeah, yeah, so this Jayla. I don't know exactly where Jayla is from, but she's the one who always wears white with the low cut, blonde hairstyle. That's Bunny's cousin.
Speaker 1: I think I just seen that person. She was apologizing to somebody on an episode fatiasing the big one who just got surgery and ship. I just see clips on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I don't know if she's a She don't seem like the apologizing type. But maybe I ain't seen it because I watched Batties on the Traadmill. That's my because I be fighting for my life. They be fighting for theirs too, but I'll be fighting for my life as well, so it's perfect together.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the batties, Shout.
Speaker 2: Out to the Batties, and shout out to Bunny. Happy birthday, y'all. My friend Bunny. Uh, she is healing from stage four breast cancer. So this is the first time we all got to actually hang out in a long time. We had a really good time. We started a GoFundMe for her, so the likas in my bio. If y'all want to support my sister, please donate or just come and share it with your people so we can make sure she gets all the holistic care that she can get because insurance don't pay for holistic care. Did you know that?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. Why would they want to heal you? They want you alive and sick. What's her instagram? Let the listeners know you know it?
Speaker 2: Her Instagram is it's Bunny Baby, so y'all go check her out her Uh, It's Bunny Baby, and her gun for me will be in the link there too. Yeah. So that's that was my weekend. That was Sunday and Baby. All Monday I was remembering to meet in Monday. Baby, I was down bad and I didn't even drink that much. I just don't know your body, don't.
Speaker 1: I keep saying that. I don't know why y'all playing like that's one thing I drink all day long. I've barely been drinking alcohol like that. I did have a couple of gummies, but I can't do it. I want to be fully functioning all day long, Okay. I don't like feeling sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I never.
Speaker 1: Drink these BBC's y'all ever had in the Caribbean is banana, Bacardi and coconut.
Speaker 2: That's liquor, bitch, what's you talking about? Said that girl said I don't be drinking like that, and they said, suck it up.
Speaker 1: I don't count mixed drinks because when I drink liquor, it'd be straight liquor like mixed drinks, don't. I never do more than one, so it's never going to like have the effect like me drinking my straight liquor. Okay, because I don't chase shit. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Let's get in the sands. What happened?
Speaker 1: They're all a BT? Lawrence? Did you indulge? Did you watch it?
Speaker 2: This weekend. I was like literally sad because I wanted to be the work in the red carpet. But that's a conversation for another time. So I didn't watch it because I was, like I said, we were out celebrating my girlfriend's life. So I did not get to see it. But I got to see a lot of clips, like on the Shade Room and the ones that were like really viral. So I did see Glorilla hanging in the sky for twenty minutes. Why they did gloriala like that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. And do people are we too hard on any black anything? It's like other people can slide, but were so hard on black things.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, that shit was funny, bro, She's just up there, like.
Speaker 1: Why do you have that on the internet? Dog?
Speaker 2: Like y'all know how?
Speaker 1: Like, Okay, so BT wars because we did attend the Hip Hop Awards last year and it is it's live, but it's also pre recorded at the same time, right, So they do a lot of things and I guess they broadcast and in between times, so there's a lot of post production shit that people really don't see. But they could have at least turned the highlight off on Golilla hanging from a higher he came down like a pit with the parachute.
Speaker 2: Yes, but she was up there, just waiting on her turn, just proudly waiting. I listened. They would have had to lower me down to the floor because my legs wouldn't have worked sitting hanging there.
Speaker 1: In the air that long straight noodles? Right?
Speaker 2: Why why tam Ban rolling around the stage would.
Speaker 1: Get up? Stand up? Stand up?
Speaker 2: Will I weakened the knees, I weakened the thighs. They'd have cut off my circulation for fifteen minutes up here.
Speaker 1: G I had heels on one day that I just did like a lot of squads the day before. And when I tell you my legs, my legs was noodles in the club dog my shit, I know if people could see my legs underneath my dress, my shit was like shaking, shaking fucking heels.
Speaker 2: Man, Listen, idn't I discovered the cables? Like I always be, like very intimidated by equipment in the gym. I already feel like people be looking at me. I feel like people be watching me.
Speaker 1: I do be watching you.
Speaker 2: That should be motivation.
Speaker 1: No, no, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Because I don't know what the fuck I'll be doing. Sometimes, like when when I learn a new machine, I don't want to be on one in the videos like look what is this bitch doing?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: So I always be like really intimidated by using new ship. But I got the courage to use the cables with the ankle. Maybe that's my new ship. Yeah, do you.
Speaker 1: Have like the little the little padded, little hooked things for your ankles, like I bought mine off Amazon. But I love like the donkey kicks and shit like that on the cables.
Speaker 2: That's what I've been doing.
Speaker 1: Good workout. It's a girl. I don't think I like looking at me fucking up or doing the right thing or the wrong thing.
Speaker 2: Girl, get it in. No, I'll be in there. I'd be nervous because I already feel like it's eyes on me heavy and now I'm in here like yeah, I know they watching watching me fuck up. So but here's the thing. I'll be in there fucking up. But I also don't want your help. Yeah, please like, yeah, you're doing it wrong. No I'm not. I'm doing it like this video on Instagram, nigga, man your business if.
Speaker 1: Y'all with some girl workouts and we're all off topic we're supposed to be talking about since But if y'all download muscle Wiki like Wikipedia, but it's muscle w I k I dot com. It actually has like videos and you could press like what part of your body you want to work on, and they have all the different exercises, like even if you want to do like some type of machine or whatever, like you can select them. But it's free and it's good. That is a personal trainer. Muscle Wiki muscle wiki wiki yeah like Wikipedia.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, because I need to figure out what worked that little piece of meat on my back when I was laying down in that video.
Speaker 1: I need to find the roles so you can literally like they'll have us a picture of a woman or man. You select the female, and then you tap that spot and it'll give you the workouts to do them for that particular area.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna log as soon as we fucking finished with this ship because I literally look like a linebacker in that video.
Speaker 1: Were so hard on our damn selves, y'all. Okay, cut it out.
Speaker 2: My titty to back ratio ain't giving baby girl.
Speaker 1: Back to the bet Awards, did you like to Roger p Henson hosting.
Speaker 2: I didn't get to see it. I didn't really get to see her host. I saw her do the day not like us parody, and I thought that was like probably more fun if you're there watching it, you know.
Speaker 1: I just wanted them to have somebody younger, not like Auntie age our age damn there, like some funny funny, like a comedian, like a real comedian.
Speaker 2: My Pretty V, like Pretty V pretty.
Speaker 1: I think Pretty V could have done it, or maybe she's not completely ready for that, because I like hosting is like a real that's a skill like skill set, like with her and Dream.
Speaker 2: I like when her and Drewski was, like when he was like all behind.
Speaker 1: Her, like you know, entirely too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that was funny. That part was funny, Like.
Speaker 1: Imagine him and she looked good. Be a bunch of mess the whole time.
Speaker 2: Right, No, not following nothing on the tailor prompter, lagging behind the whole time. But I think she did good. I saw I saw people was talking about something that she said to Keith Lee.
Speaker 1: She didn't know who Keith Lee was. She also didn't know she she went up to Haley Bailey and was talking to the guy next to her as if that was her, dude, like it was just some real auntie shit going on. Forgetfulness not knowing who the fuck people are for real, Well.
Speaker 2: Ain't she her fities?
Speaker 1: I don't know, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: She probably ain't on TikTok Keith Lee TikTok famous.
Speaker 1: Then you have to have people who are well versed in all the internet ship. Okay, you gotta know who the people you're gonna be talking to them and recorded audience. Come on, Taraji, nevertheless, I love Taraji. Okay, next year, get somebody else to do it, Get somebody else.
Speaker 2: To do it.
Speaker 1: But anyway, let's put in Rick Ross, big ass. Rick Ross got attacked in Canada yard. They was playing They Not Like Us and they got into fight with some white boys the other side of Drake and and apparently he was playing they Not Like Us like Kendrick Lamar and he was asked basically like turn that shit off, like you know where you at?
Speaker 2: Is that really what happened?
Speaker 1: Yes? Rick Ross is like, yeah, I know where I'm at, got swung on. Some of his people got knocked the fuck out some of them got jumped. He didn't really get.
Speaker 2: He got missing. I like he fell out the frame. I didn't see him.
Speaker 1: Saw a video videos like security like pushing him, like out the way, out of the back door or something like that, a back end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but he wasn't trying to, Like I pay too much to get hit, y'all get hit. They was like.
Speaker 1: A security security like this, this, this is bigger than this. Why get beat up in Canada?
Speaker 2: Dog by drink? His security did their job as far as I could start. He didn't get hit, just get beat up.
Speaker 1: No, my security supposed to fuck people up. I don't want to see my security losing. Like you you fired as soon as we get back to the house. Really, yes, it was you're a loser.
Speaker 2: It was like five of them on him. He was like he ate him, like he got up. Five people hitting you and you still get up. It was pretty good. Good to me.
Speaker 1: They lost, man, they lost. Nobody will remember your wins when you lose. Dog. They lost.
Speaker 2: And then Rick Ross's baby mama kill. She showed out. She kept showing the video all live and laughing all hard and looking at her teeth. I was like, this girl is a.
Speaker 1: Man, fucking nuts, man. I think she's one of the funniest people on Instagram. And Rick rossni to try to mend that relationship, boy, because she'd be doing a douggie to his ass every chance she'd get. Now, I don't blame her. She's this, this would happen. He's the bitter baby mamas. Man, they be mad when y'all play in their face because guess what that first baby mama know exactly who the fuck you are. And that's why your niggas be mad at them baby mamas, because they remember you when you ain't had ship and they're a reminder to you of who you really are nigga.
Speaker 2: Outside of the money period.
Speaker 1: And that's why I always say niggas deserve access to the same bitches they had access to before they got the check. I'm telling you how old is the baby because in college he's going to Bathune Cookman. I just saw another video. She just did somebody's podcasts and she was talking about him going to Bethune Cookman. So she brought her a sun child. She love her baby, but that daddy.
Speaker 2: Oh no, my mama, what can I say? That's my mama?
Speaker 1: Me cutting up on Rick Ross ass Man. So the only other thing about the BET Awards, I'm skipping back. Goddamn Kamala Harris. That part made my ass. It's a little bit like, can we leave politics out of everything right now? Stop pandering to black people during all black shit. I just don't like it because it's almost like they just be urging everybody to do one thing, and I will would like to take this opportunity to encourage people to be informed. Get your primary resources someplace fucking else. So now I'll let people tell you what to think. And I feel like Kamala Harris may have single handedly ruined. Uh. They not like us, these extreme us, as they say, they not like us, They not like stop stop during the black people. I'm sick of it already. Just stop go away, Roger.
Speaker 2: Where you be at? That's all I want to know, Like.
Speaker 1: Where do we even at? We at the abortion clinics talking to college students about getting abortions, because that's all the fuck they seem to care about is making sure women have access to abortions. That's what come out.
Speaker 2: Yet I ain't seen her there, like, I ain't seen no video on her out there or nothing, like.
Speaker 1: She's been seeking at colleges she spoke at Howard Is just that's that's mainly the headlines that I've seen about Kamala Harris have been about abortion rights, like that's you know, that's always one of the big things them wanted to control women's reproduction. But I just have I feel a way like, as two women with no children, I would never tell a younger girl to have an abortion. I would never encourage that, and you see it through the music everything, Like I feel like women who don't have kids should really shut the fuck up. Also about what somebody should do as far as their reproduction.
Speaker 2: I just feel like you should have the right to choose for your own body.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I don't have a judge of jewelry for anyone or Heaven or hell. So that's your body and you make that decision. I would never encourage it, but I also wouldn't tell you not to, you know, but you just have to live with the choices that you made. Yeah, you have to live with the decision you make.
Speaker 1: So because most of the people who be performing at these I don't know, women's rights conferences, a lot of them don't have children themselves. And as a woman who wants children. Right, I'm never going to be back in those shit like that because the decisions you make today are going to shape your future. I've had an abortion. I feel like I could talk about it, and I wish I had my kid. So it seems like that's that's all Kamala has been doing, is pushing and pushing abortion. That was her whole thing for office as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Well, I know you ain't the it might wig go, but they walk advocate talking like that.
Speaker 1: Because I don't believe it's struggling. Okay, I don't believe in fucking struggling now I'm telling you, like bringing these fucking kids. I'm just saying women should have more. You gotta be accountable, right, and you also have to be more, Like where is the self control? You know what I'm saying like that, Like I always say it shouldn't be used as birth control birth control? I agree, So that's what I think. You know, people wrapping about plan b's and shit like that, like that's just like popping a sick sack. You're fucking wilin.
Speaker 2: Right, No, it's not good for yeah.
Speaker 1: So y'all apparently dating app burnout is on the rise. It says more and more Americans are getting exhausted by swiping left and right. It's called dating app burnout, and more than eighty percent of people using dating apps are experiencing experiencing it, psychologists say. One expert said, using apps like Tender or Okay Cupid triggers a lot of hopelessness and a lot of self esteem issues. Roughly three out of every ten Americans say they've used a dating app at some point. Have you used a dating app tam, what's the worst part of the experience.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I done been on the motherfucking things. I don't do it no more because one people be like lying, they be having old last pictures up. You go meet, you think you meet in one nigga and you meet in the same nigga but fifteen years older. For the future? Right for the future? Right? Or like I remember I went on one day and we met at PF. Chang's. This was a minute ago. And baby, he looked he looked like average height in the pig but when he was a small pert he's like A I don't want to say like the M word, what's the proper word? A little well, he was he was vertically challenged. He probably was like four eight four nine. Girl, Shut the fuck up, baby. He jumped down from that stool. I was like, oh shit, boy, you trip me, ain't it?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: You know telling the truth, man, I'm not lying. He was a little person. But I still hung out with him, like we had dinner. His legs were swinging and shit, we was laughing. We had fun. But I just knew I wasn't gonna see him no more because he's too little to ride his ride.
Speaker 1: He might have had a bunch of dick for you, man.
Speaker 2: That's why I like little.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know about four eight now that like I would feel like I'm fucking on somebody's little son.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a kid.
Speaker 1: I'm cool on that.
Speaker 2: But could you imagine four eight behind me?
Speaker 1: Behind me?
Speaker 2: Nah? Bruh.
Speaker 1: Everybody the same height when you're laying down. Damn there. Okay, No, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Not too tall.
Speaker 1: Like I don't like your chest all in my face. I don't like that, like to be face to face kind of laying down.
Speaker 2: How you trying to hit me and you got your legs wrapped around my waist.
Speaker 1: You'll really be rid of your ass. Okay, hell that is too short, he played. He had played entirely too much.
Speaker 2: Like he played entirely like you gotta tell that you can't just you know, just sneak that in there.
Speaker 1: I've never been like on a dating app, dating app consistently, like I've been on a dating app, Meet a nigga and get the fuck up off of there, because it's like a feeding frenzy, and it's almost like it'd be the same bitches, the same dudes. And I just think everybody on the app has smashed each other, so.
Speaker 2: Are they just trying to hook up?
Speaker 1: So the day you get on there, it's like, oh fresh meat, your inbox is piled up with all these niggas who don fucked all the other bitches off the app, and they all saying the same shit.
Speaker 2: You just feel like I'm talking to a robot now with different faces. Yeah, so I don't like it. I just like to peak, but I do, like, I mean, its Instagram dating any different because I will.
Speaker 1: I think you can see people's personality a little bit better on Instagram, you know what I'm saying, Cause you got it limited on like the bios and stuff like that, Like you can go down years and years of somebody Instagram. Shit, see where relationships that I've been in, what type of money they be making. You can find out a lot about somebody based on like the pictures and stuff they post, the content they post. So I think Instagram dating is a little bit better and it's fucking free.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, That's where I.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I wish. I wish people the best on those dating websites, like I I.
Speaker 2: I just was watching.
Speaker 1: It was like a it's the two B series and I forgot the name of it, but one of the episodes it was Young Jock and he was on a you saw that.
Speaker 2: I got a story to tell.
Speaker 1: No, it was called gas Station Pills or something. Yeah, but the episode was yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: It's a show call I got a story to tell and got different episodes, different names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Young King is called so the Young Jocque. He was taking like a gas station pill and turn into another nigga, like a fine nigga and dog. When the ship first happened, I said, ain't no way they about to try to make Young Jock fine. It better be a whole nother person. And that's what happened.
Speaker 2: Ain't no way, bro. They did things to make him less attractive, like put bumps on his face.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, like the two little witch moles on his face.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I feel like like that's how Dayton apps be. Like, I mean, I don't know. I think people be hiding on all these things and then you actually got to see the person in person.
Speaker 2: Then people be dying behind that shit. You mean somebody crazy? You've seen people like get like really hurts especially women. Not so much. Men are being hurt, but women are getting hurt behind you know, meeting random people. So I'm over it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all be careful out there. Just I don't know, Just go outside more, get out the house. Take a week off from work and go hang out at bars or something. Go meet people organically and see what happens.
Speaker 2: Girl, the price of these organic eggs is too high to take a week off work, bitch, I don't know what you talk about. Go after work, y'all. Don't take the dot fuck around and take no whole week off to meet no niggas. Just go after There's a lot of afterwork socials.
Speaker 1: So Jada Chavez claps back after receiving criticism for her comments on dating. So a couple of weeks ago, she was on a podcast, and you know, I just people ask these questions so they can get viral moments, right, So she provided a viral moment for this particular show in for herself. I guess so recently dyshavez responding to the backlass after the backlash she received over her comments about dating men who earn less than her. So originally, Jada said that she wouldn't date someone who makes less money than her because she feels that they would try to make her feel like a lesser woman. After many fans commented on what she said, she clapped back and at it. Baby, know the fuck I didn't, she continued. I said exactly what I felt, and the real rich boss bitches will feel me. And if you don't feel me, message isn't for you. I think what she said is pretty valid because we know there are a lot of men out here with very fragile eagles, and they think they want a boss bitch to they actually get one one who doesn't have time to run behind you. I was having a conversation with one of my homegirls yesterday because she said her dude asked her to do something and she had to tell him like, Nigga, I'm dealing with this that I got two adult kids, Like, I got a whole bunch of shit that I'm dealing with as a woman. Like the shit that you're talking about is very trivial, So you need to get you a bit. You don't god much going on that can deal with figuring out what you should eat eight hundred miles.
Speaker 2: Away from me. Well, really, that's what it was.
Speaker 1: It was some dumb shit like that, yes, ye. And so when you're a man and you're used to women like doing things for you, because men oftentimes want women to be secretaries, porn stars, babysitters, and when you got somebody who got a lot shit, a lot of shit going on just like you, some of them say that's what they want, but they when they get it, they don't they don't really like it.
Speaker 2: In particularly I listen, I don't have nothing. I don't see nothing against dating somebody who make less than you. But I I even me, but I just don't have enough money for that yet. Like if I had a whole bunch of money, then like I'm tricking off on all. Oh y'all, right, all my niggas, you get a PlayStation, you get a PlayStation, you get a PlayStation. But I just ain't in a space where I could be with someone who's making listen to me because I don't make enough for that. You know, I need someone who make it as much as me.
Speaker 1: Or more, right, And I don't think that's a It's not like a big thing to ask. It's not a big ask, right, especially in this economy, Like, it's not a big ask. Everybody should be pulling any weight. However, now we're talking about women, their dating pool is a little bit different because of their tax bracken, So why would you think this? This? This even goes back to remember they was on what's a girl Who's pregnant? Now saying she wouldn't date a bus driver? I mean it goes back to that that conversation, like why would I. I'm an attorney, Why would I be dating a bus driver? You know what I'm saying. It's just the men are more shallow. And I don't know who wasn't if it was just women attacking attacking Jada Chavez or we know the bitter niggas is out there too, But why would you want to put yourself in that position to, you know, to feel some type of way about how much a woman is making I agree, Like, it's not the woman masculating you, Like you know you ain't doing your best? So why do you want me to settle for it? But it's not. You wouldn't want that for your daughter.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: I love to throw niggas kids in there real quick. You want that for your baby? Like, do you really want to have to send your daughter money when she's sucking dick? She got somebody she fucking on and you still got to take care of her. You want that?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't want that, so, but they don't want somebody else's daughter.
Speaker 2: I'm somebody's daking, right, we all are, period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like think of it like that. I'm somebody's kid. Take care of me. God damn it, figure it, figure it the fuck out. And men, men are problem solvers. Figure it out all right.
Speaker 2: Lastly, Lebron and Bronni about to be teammates. Did you see that meme where it was like breaking news Lebron is having sex with one of his teammates mom, And I was.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm reading it, Like then I started groogling like, damn, Lebron got caught cheating. I didn't understand what was going on and what was going on initially. I'm happy for them, Okay.
Speaker 2: Me too. I'm excited to see them play together. I know they gonna be on that boy ass hard when he played like, they're gonna be on him heavy. So he gotta be ready for a fight, because that's what it's gonna be. But it's gonna be fun to watch to see them all then play together fathering. So, and that's never happened in the history of the NBA.
Speaker 1: I read. So it's brought up the conversation surrounding nepotism. We've been accused of nepotism here. We talked back, and I don't know what the problem is, like, so what, Okay, let's talk about it after this break.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back, all right.
Speaker 1: So it says Lebron and Bronnie James have become the first father and son to play for an NBA team at the same time. After the Lakers on Thursday draft at the younger James Brownie was the team's number fifty five overall pick deep in the second round, with only three picks remaining in this year's draft. In the history of the NBA, there's never been a father and son that have shared an NBA basketball court, and that feels like something that could be magical since Lakers general manager Rob Polenka. Polenka, so people are not to talk about nepotism I've seen and this could be the out because this was actually one of my questions to basketball heirs, like is Lebron's son really that good? And one of one of one of my guy friends is like, maybe in a couple of years he will be, you know, not necessarily right now to be drafted into the NFA, just NFL just like his dad. He's not drafted into the NBA just like his dad, like out of high school. Basically he did some college right mm hm. So I've heard mixed reviews. So is Lebron's son Is Bronnie James actually ready for the nf I keep saying NFL for the NBA. Is he ready for the NBA or was he just pushed in there because of who his dad is.
Speaker 2: I think it's a combination of both, you know. I mean, I think their baby son probably gonna be better than him when he get out there. But I mean, who gives a fuck is Lebron James Son? We want to see this ship, Like, are you guys dumb y'all making an argument about some bullshit what y'all son doing work at the jiffy lu? Shut up, you stay out of the conversation. Let the boys play. Let the boys play.
Speaker 1: I feel like a lot of it is coming from a place of fucking hateration because you're not in a position to put your son in position. I don't think anything is wrong with nepotism, and I wish that more Black people was in position for people to benefit from nepotism, because why are not Relationships are worth more than gold.
Speaker 2: And if you go ahead, go ahead, and if you look at any of these corporations and you look at all these titles, these high up titles, they all had the same fucking last name. And I bet you half of them kids don't know what the fuck they're doing or if they even do anything. It's just a title to get them a check. They may not even work at the fucking place, you know, so, miss and I think.
Speaker 1: That's just where it comes. It's just one of those things is like black people are mad because we aren't in position, and it's almost like within the black families, like everybody wants the next generation to have to have struggle like they did. Like my goal is to get it so that the people coming behind me don't have to or they can get like a little head start.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Why why do we always feel like we got to get it out the mud.
Speaker 2: That party you're trying to get this people.
Speaker 1: Whose bottom is different from yours. Everybody has a bottom, you know what I'm saying. Like you may come from a good family, but you don't want to live off and you want to make your own way, right, So yeah, I have this family, but that's not I can't depend on that. So but you outside looking in think it's one thing, right that part, you know, because you felt like, oh, I like like I was telling you how the motherfuckers on the bus on the school bus talk about how we don't have trash now neighborhood and shit like that. Growing up, Like why do black people we we celebrate the stupidest things, celebrate Lebron Lebron's son get it's just nice people. Though.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's just us. Though they have a problem with this.
Speaker 1: I think everybody else practice nepotism. Why not? Why don't Why would you not put your people on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean everybody does practice nepotism, But I think it was also just basketball fans, especially fans of other teams, that had a problem with it because they felt like the baby wasn't qualified, so they hollering nepotism. I don't think it's just black people. All kind of people in the conversation.
Speaker 1: Look at us.
Speaker 2: I don't even watch motherfucker basketball. What color? I can't tell you what who they played for the Lakers because I thought they was in Cleveland.
Speaker 1: I could have sworn that Lebron went back to Cleveland, Like, what the fuck are you doing in La? Back in La? I don't remember that, right.
Speaker 2: I just feel like they should. It would be better if they both were playing for Cleveland. That would be more lit.
Speaker 1: Hmmm. I think Lebron is done when home. So do you remember? This was a couple of years ago, so it just album And this is when, like, I think the bigger discussion about nepotism first started. His daughter wanted she wanted to play his daughter in a film he was doing, and she actually had to audition for the role, and she didn't get the role. They gave the role to another bat black younger actress, and then she didn't speak to her dad for three weeks because she felt like he could have just he could have helped her more to lock in the role. But he got you to the audition, right, So now at that point you got to show him prove at the audition they didn't think she was a fit, and maybe he had something to do with it too, maybe he thought she wasn't ready and she didn't get the role. So online at that time a lot of people were saying, why did she have to I mean, why does she even have to audition? Like she should have just been given the role. You know, nepotism, I feel like getting in the room, the nepotism that it was executed. He helped her get into the room. At that point, you got to do the work right.
Speaker 2: Like Bronnie, if he get out there and he'd be throwing air balls and got bad sportsmanship, conduct and all those things, they gonna let his hands go eventually, no matter who his daddy is, exactly, So you got to be able to show improve something. Now you can't just expect everything to be handed to you. Because of your relationships.
Speaker 1: So Sweetie also had something to say recently after Brownie was drafted because a lot of people try to come for her and Doja Cat saying that they are in the industry because of nepotism because of who their parents are and haven't had like connections. I think I know that Doja Cat. I think either her dad or her mom are in the music industry and they those two grew up together. I think that Sweety Mom was like a video vixen and some short sort at some point beautiful lady. So you know, Sweetie was saying like she wish people would get rid of that uh neple baby narrative because nobody helped her do anything, you know what I'm saying. She was saying, how you know, she put herself in bad situations sometimes just trying to chase her dreams, working four or five jobs and going to college. So she's saying she's she's done the work, but people try to like suck her success up to just being you know, having access.
Speaker 2: Well, I think access plays a part, you know, And I don't think is girl own that shit? If it is, if there's any truth to it, like and what now what now, what you're gonna do? I'm still where I'm at and you still where you're at.
Speaker 1: So now, because it was sad to us pertaining to this podcast, right, so we went on someone else's podcast and it was like, oh, y'all still here. It's basically what the conversation was. We thought it was some nepotism, and I was like, and was, we're the face of nepotism.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: Why should I not use connections and repor and relationships to get to where I need to go? I'm sorry, or you didn't have the shortcut.
Speaker 2: Right, But we also happened to be pretty funny and witty bitch.
Speaker 1: So we still got to do the things we have committed the last four years to this thing, and we're still fucking doing it and nobody helps. Okay, So you get you can get your foot in the door, but you have to also produce.
Speaker 2: Right in that part. So we say that, thank y'all for listening, Thank y'all for tuning men and this shit, and tell y'all friends about us for they let our motherfucking ass go.
Speaker 1: Because it could happen. You know, it could happen. You ain't never safe, Okay, so I still don't understand what the big issue is in the black community. Why do we think that everybody's supposed to struggle because we did not. I experienced that in my own family, bitch, I swear to God.
Speaker 2: How so.
Speaker 1: I don't want to talk about it, but I do experience it. I think there are black people and then there are niggers, and oh not a hard r. Yes, there's black people and then there's niggas. Okay, let me take the hard er out there. And when I say black people and niggas, like some niggas, they just don't know what they don't know, right, So, and it could be your parents, it could be people real, real close to you. They just don't know what they don't know, so they can't they can't fathom or understand it. Never they would never understand it. And you end up you gotta make. You gotta do. You gotta do the things. You have to do the things. It has nothing to do with with with anybody else you upbringing. You gotta do the work. But niggas is niggas. Niggas is niggas. Man, Okay. So this is an article from the Nationalpost dot com, and it says Nepotism is a term that doesn't receive the kind of attention it fully deserves when trying to explain the impact of systematic racism in the workplace within corporations, like you said, like big companies like Bank of America, you can find a lot of people who are related within that one corporation because the head you want to put all your people on, like why wouldn't you, right, So there's nepotism, and then the other one is like cronyism. Cronyism is like, you know, you have clicks in the office and people getting promoted not because of their skill, but just because they've been there long enough or they're in the group, they get promoted. Yep. I've definitely experienced that in corporate settings. I've definitely worked around husbands and wives in major corporations. This should definitely happen. So nepotism is favor favorism, both seen and unseen, that can impact anyone. Although race can be a factor, it's not always exclusively the case. Nepotism institutionalizes barriers to employment and promotion, evidenced by the absence of black business professionals and executives on Bay Street nepotism is not a friend of equity. Rather, it's the seed that grows, the weed that struggles, that strangles nations of fairness, impartiality, and fair play in the work workforce. For B I, p O C. That's black Indigenous, whatever else Americans pr Yeah, B B BP, B I, p O C, H, Black Indigenous and people of color. That's what that means. Nepotism needs to be checked at the boardroom doors so it doesn't disadvantage B I, POC and other groups, including women who may also be disproportionately impacted by this destructive force.
Speaker 2: So this is basically saying that nepotism isn't fair, and it ain't fair.
Speaker 1: But it's fair. But we as black people think it's not fair way more because we're not in a position to practice it. I think, I think if we had more corporations, we and I think sometimes black people are in position right, and some black people get in position they only think about themselves. They're not trying to have anybody else be on their level. They think they're there, they're the only one. They want to be the only one in the room.
Speaker 2: But there are a lot of black people who elevate their people. You know, I don't want to promote the narrative, narrative that black people aren't taking care of each other, because there are a lot of black people who are positioning they elevating everybody along with them.
Speaker 1: Maybe they're elevating people that they know, but me personally, in a corporate setting, I have had a black woman in particular, attempt to hold me back from a promotion that would have put me on the same level as her. I was working under her, and this is when I moved to Saint Louis. I moved to Saint Louis for another position within this company, and this lady really was just trying to stop my growth. And she was gone. She actually got laid off from the company maybe a year or so later, you know, and I me and her like really had it out, like really had it out though, because she did not want to approve my promotion. I applied for another job. I interviewed it within the same company, but you have to have, you know, the approval from your current manager. And she did not want to let me go.
Speaker 2: Well did she give a reasoning and no reason, no.
Speaker 1: Reason it wasn't performed top performing, just because she could do you see. So if I were somebody that she probably liked, you know, she probably would not have, you know, stood in a Yes, we had like real life words just me and her in office because I'm like, why, why, what's the problem. Why would you be trying to stop me from from elevating? I would never because I feel like as a good manager, that's what you do, right, you make sure you people are heard for the next for the next step. But I think in the black community sometimes when you see somebody start doing a little bit better, it makes you refocus on what you are or aren't doing, and some people don't like that mirror.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if even I think that's just people, not just the Black community. It's just people. Child people want to.
Speaker 1: See you people I'd be dealing with more mostly. Yeah, these niggas.
Speaker 2: White people experience that ship, the same ship too, I imagine, you know, people because people want you to grow, but just not past them. Yeah, unfortunate niggas.
Speaker 1: Room for all of us, right. I don't think there's an industry that's oversaturated to where we can't get a piece of it.
Speaker 2: I agree. I always think of the analogy of going on the bread out. It's three hundred two different breads, all the same. We we we we we whit white white white, and it's just in everybody in all of them sell.
Speaker 1: You know, because all I'm a little different. So it's the best to some.
Speaker 2: But I like that old school ship the butter bread. That's liquor, bitch, that's how I know you out there drinking heavy, y'all. She said she ain't drinking, But this bitch is Captain Bridge. That is Captain Captain Morgan bread. No, Ain't no fucking Captain Morgan Bread. That's liquor. That's what's in there. Drink you over there, slipper down.
Speaker 1: Let me see Captain John. Is it Captain John? I don't know him either. It's Captain John dearest. So to properly wrap up the conversation regarding nepotism, get a position, stop fucking hating, so we could put our people on it. Ain't nothing wrong with a lord nepping a load nepotism here and there.
Speaker 2: Nipple baby, I'm trying to give it to you. Yeah, instead of throwable baby, I'm trying to have a bunch of them. Amen. All right, y'all, I have a dumbich story for y'all, and this one is good. I can't wait to hear what AJ thinks and what you guys think. We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Dumb bitch story, so because we've all been a dumb bitch at least once or twice.
Speaker 2: All right, y'all listen to this. Hey, we talk back. I love you and AJ, and I love the show, and I wanted to sin in my DBS. I've been married sixteen years, and for the first five or six years I cheated on my husband badly. He caught me most times, and he would always forgive me, but I knew it hurt him. I eventually recommitted to my marriage, and I'm proud to say that I've been a good and faithful wife for nearly ten years now. But here's the issue. He has now decided that he wants to cheat back, and when I caught him, he told me to divorce him or deal with it. I love my I know right. I love my husband very much, but I'm not sure that I can take this betrayal at this age. I also don't want to be alone. What should I do.
Speaker 1: Whatever's good for the goose is good for the gander, isn't that girl like he didn't you tat him a.
Speaker 2: Lot of years, like he tried to.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think keep been cheating all along. She's just finding out.
Speaker 2: Sixteen years and then the first five or six you cheated and then you was good for ten years, and now he just getting his get back. Is crazy because now you're probably older now, like the thing ain't singing like it used to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like, why don't I might as well just keep keep the whole little process going. She might as well go cheat again.
Speaker 2: Right, You might as well hop back outside system. Just stay with him. That's what I would do.
Speaker 1: A lot of people be together because they've had so much trauma happening in relationship. They've been trauma bonding all these years. So you cheated on him. It probably took him ten years to get over that shit, and now he like, you know what, I'm gonna go get me some new pussy. How about that bitch? If you don't like it, get the fuck out or do you?
Speaker 2: That's Ooh that Carra come back crazy, don't it though?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Ten years later after I've been good, now she's talking about betrayal. The nerve for you to use the word betrayal when you was out there doing shit for five or six years, Like cheating for five and six years is like you hold, I had a whole nother relationship or was it here yeah, multiple people or was it just one specific person that you kept involved in and you said you hurt him real bad and he took you back every time? Damn, this is what you kind of deserve.
Speaker 1: I think they deserve each other, for sure. I don't know if I'm gonna wait ten years to cheat on your eyes though I'm more of a like immediate type of bitch, But I don't think she should divorce him. I think she should deal with it the same way he had to deal with it. Let him do it for however long he feels like it. Get over a bitch like you opened this can of worms. Deal with it if you really love your husband. Because what we don't own people, man, And this is why lean more not saying I want an open relationship. I just don't want to own nobody because I don't want to be owned. So even though y'all in a union, I feel like there's conversations y'all might have missed. Y'all ain't been talking.
Speaker 2: There's no fucking one, clearly, clearly, And I want to hear, like how long because you left out some parts, So how long he been cheating?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 2: How long? Is it something new?
Speaker 1: Are you just finding out?
Speaker 2: Right? Because he might have had a whole bitch for sixteen years, niggas would have a whole family.
Speaker 1: So I wonder how their relationship has been these last few years, like after him cheating, because I listen, a niggas speculated about me fucking cheating and that motherfucker gave me hell for at least two years after Meanwhile, like I dealt with a bunch of bullshit earlier on in the relationship. So I'd like to know, like how their relationship has been up until this point of him cheating.
Speaker 2: Right, because yeah, because when a man find out, like because they'd be like, men don't stay when they get cheated on. That's not true. They do, they do stay, but they just mean as hell they're not the same person. Like that's what.
Speaker 1: I say, nigga man, Yeah, born man is worse than a broke nigga doll. They aren't going to troll the fuck out of you in the relationship. Get out of there. She should leave because she started this shit. Actually no, it's no, she.
Speaker 2: Should have been left, like a long time ago. Once he forgave you for the sixth time, you probably should have got out of there because this was only gonna happen at some point, So I listen, go ahead, I.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't even be mad, and especially like if they okay, if they're in their fifties, we all going at that, might as well just be roommates and deal with the shit. Don't fuck up the money.
Speaker 2: That's what she said. I can't handle this portrayal at this age. So that means they're you know, at least closer to fifty. I'm assuming like late forties, early fifties or something, sixteen years to be married to somebody's But shit, they could have got married at twenties, so I don't know. But either way, and.
Speaker 1: Even if they got married at twenty, that makes that still makes even more sense to me why you should still be wanting to fuck on other people like y'all been married to damn long shit. I'm okay with him getting some pussy man if that was my man, and already I'm okay with it. Go ahead.
Speaker 2: No, I feel like he should have got his pussy a long time ago. Why you ain't until now, Why you ain't till ten years of me being good to decide you want to be bad. It's crazy you should have been bad with me.
Speaker 1: Cauz bitch like I didn't have a feeling. I didn't feel like doing it thing I feel like doing it now. Maybe he just got a corvette and maybe having a midlight. Oh it might be even more fucked up if he got a young bitch.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, now he fucking on somebody.
Speaker 1: That's why she feel betrayed. She's not seeing this young bitch right youngersion of her and she.
Speaker 2: Getting money from him because you know, if he got a young one, ding he tricking too. Mmmm m man, I'm sorry, miss Sheila. It's like, I don't know if that's your name.
Speaker 1: About I say, not you calling these people name on it.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know that.
Speaker 1: I don't have no advice for her, really, honestly, I feel like staying in your marriage. Staying in marriage ain't nothing outside, like y'all just need to work it out, like you cheated, cheat? It is he saying he coming to fuck the bitch at the house, like in your face type cheating or he said, Blayton, is it? How blatant? Is it?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: It's this level Citi sh Now, you're just being straight up disrespectful to me because I cheated on you before.
Speaker 2: You should have left, right, deal with it? Is crazy to tell me, Yeah, deal with it. You don't like her, You don't like you no more.
Speaker 1: No get that girl. You don't like you? Yeah, all right, y'all listen. If you enjoyed this episode, y'all, tune in every Thursday on The Black Effect podcast. iHeart Radio Apple, wherever the fuck you get your podcast at. This is your co host, AJ Holiday two point zero on instagrams.
Speaker 2: Kick it Tam, y'all, Its official Tam Bam on Instagram. Y'all follow me now if you aren't already, and please check out my friends go fundme. It will be in my bio and her instagram is it's bunny Baby. Go check her out and show her some love you guys. All right, remember speak now and.
Speaker 1: Never hold your churn back. Okay in position period deuces