Speaker 1: I listen to your show every single day.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Got Danny the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: What that ass up on a breakfast club?
Speaker 4: Bad?
Speaker 2: You can't say breakless cloud without being workless flood.
Speaker 5: You're like this rare air.
Speaker 6: She got platforms and partners all over the place with this man is so high people want.
Speaker 7: To be in business with the Breakfast Buck.
Speaker 2: I don't think white people know how popular you guys are.
Speaker 7: Dj Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlemagne the God.
Speaker 3: You guys really are like the hip hop early born than late night talk. Yo ya, I know what y'all talking about.
Speaker 2: Good morning Usa yo yo.
Speaker 3: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo, Jess Hilarios Yo the time, Charlamagne, the guy playing it is Monday, Yes, it's Monday. Good morning.
Speaker 3: Back to the work week. How you feeling out there? Bless Black and Holly feod But how was y'all weekend?
Speaker 7: Mate?
Speaker 2: It was good?
Speaker 8: It was really good. I went to Charlotte. It was a great turnout. I actually did not have an opener. I did two ninety minute shows each night. Oh wow, oh, wow, yeah, absolutely, no, I know, right, but this is how I feel. I wanted openers, but then it's like, Yo, at the beginning of my career, like with with stand up, I didn't mind, you know, give anybody you know what I'm saying, But it's like, I want people to walk away from my show, like yo, the whole thing was funny. I don't want somebody to be like she was funny. But I open up, you know, I don't like that. I have to bring a certain level of quality to my shows. So I did ninety minutes.
Speaker 9: So you telling me. As soon as the show started, they get just Larry.
Speaker 8: I went to say, right up, yeah, David, surprise, and it was like, damn, okay, that's people don't know the importance of an open up.
Speaker 2: Yeahs open sex you show.
Speaker 10: They don't say the same jokes, and to make sure that they're funny enough to keep the crowd going, because a lot of times you got a bad open up, people's mouths is pissed off.
Speaker 2: There there faced that you because the opening and tore.
Speaker 7: It up for you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And in the beginning that was cool, but now it's like I said, I got to deliver a certain amount of quality, like I, you know, so I really take my show serious. My fans showed up, they went crazy. It was a lot of people. I was happy about it, but I did not have a good eating experience.
Speaker 9: Laughing people laugh.
Speaker 3: Do you know.
Speaker 8: I like chefs. They will they will reach out and then they just stop talking. I don't like that. Just somebody asked me, can they cook for me? I'm talking about this person business that I go through their page. They are legit they and then just stopped talking to me. I'm like, look, I don't got time for that. No, So we went to the market. We got Sunday eating.
Speaker 3: We cooked like. I was like, no, I ain't got something, damn Charlotte. Yeah, I'm supposed to show up with the food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I felt so. I was so upset. I was like, dang that two chefs did that. So I'm like, yeah, all right, Well my weekend was good. A bad sports weekend. My Knicks loss. Oh my god, yeah, oh my god. No they lost one two three can coon on three one two three can cool. So we are going on vacations of the Nick Laws. We'll talk about it in front page news. Also, it was all about the presidents. Donald Trump is headed to the Bronx. We'll tell you why.
Speaker 3: Biden was at more House giving the commencement. And RFK Junior, who's running on the Independent, Uh, he put his house that I guess that he was registering that he's gonna, you know, be a president from the house.
Speaker 10: Isn't foreclosure. We'll tell you about that when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club come morning.
Speaker 2: Oh, happy birthday, bust the ROMs. I wanted to get this on. I know this is Chris Brown's record, but this is the verse that everybody knows about. Busting young. Oh it doesn't matter. Happy birthday bust and bus. Happy birthday busts the bus again. Morning everybody.
Speaker 10: We are the Breakfast Club. DJ M V Jessellarry's charlamage to God. And let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 10: Over the weekend, the Knicks lost one thirty to one nine. They got blown but Jayalen Brunton got injured during the game. O g got injured within the first four minutes. We just didn't have enough. I guess gas in the tank.
Speaker 9: So Nix will be fine.
Speaker 3: They got a lot to girl from I mean, without without injuries. Who knows how far the Nicks go this year, that's right. They got a lot to build up, that's right.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 10: The Timberwolves beat the Nuggets last night, ninety eight ninety and Timberwolves they actually move on to the next the Eastern Conference, well, the Western Conference.
Speaker 9: That was a shocker, yes, I mean I was a shocking.
Speaker 3: You know, the dem the Nuggets are defending champions, very good team, but I mean the Timberwolves was very good too. I just didn't know if they were ready to make that next step so soon, But I guess so.
Speaker 9: And that math Timberwolves area is gonna be exciting. Yes it is. Anthony Edwards, Luca.
Speaker 10: Kyrie, Irving, now Tyson Fury fought over the weekend. I didn't see the fight. I know you guys watched the fight.
Speaker 3: I was the fight. I thought it was a great little heavyweight squabble. I thought it was a good fight.
Speaker 2: And who won?
Speaker 9: Six one? I think you should should have won.
Speaker 3: They made the right decision, you know, I thought it could have been a draw to but you know, if I had to.
Speaker 9: Pick a winner, it would have been used six. They made the right judice.
Speaker 3: Okay, I just wanted it to be a draw, just for controversy purposes, say they can line it back even though they are going to rematch it. I think in October they're gonna get it right back.
Speaker 2: Okay, damn, they gonna turn around to fight again this year. Yeah, I didn't know you.
Speaker 7: To do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he used to fight within six months. And that's what June July.
Speaker 3: Time in the spring, they fight again in the fall, fighting tall.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, now, Joe Biden.
Speaker 10: President Joe Biden gave the commencement speech at more House, and there was a lot of people that were opposed to it, student and faculty.
Speaker 12: Well, this was a speech that was mostly well received here at Morehouse Halle. In his salute to the class of twenty twenty four, President Biden talked about faith and leadership, and democracy, among other things. He also faced the Israel Hamas war issue head on, calling for an immediate ceasefire and return of the hostages taken by Jimas. He also said he supports peaceful protest and told the graduates, I hear you now. A handful of graduates turned around in their seats during the President's remarks. Others wore symbols of support for the Palestinian people. The class valedictorian did not directly address President Biden, but he did call for a permanent ceasefire in Gaza as well.
Speaker 3: Right, So that was with Joe Biden. Now Donald Trump. You know, I thought I thought more House was gonna get more active. But that's what I get for listening to the internet.
Speaker 7: What I mean.
Speaker 3: But I guess you know they did what they could do without being too disruptive. Disruptive, but if you don't want to be disruptive, that defeats the whole purpose of a protest.
Speaker 10: Right before we get to Trump and what Trump was doing, we'll give you just a part of Biden's speech.
Speaker 13: I want to say this very clearly. I support peaceful, non violent protest. Your voice should be heard, and I promise you I hear them. I'm relieving a burden of student debt. Many of you already had the benefit of it, so I can chase your var than Tonley.
Speaker 3: You know, Supreme Court told me I couldn't. I found two other ways.
Speaker 2: To do it, all right, So that was part of his speech at the commencement.
Speaker 3: At I saw I saw some political points like Les Charles Coleman, He's been up here before. He said, He was saying that Biden's speech was more of a campaign speech speech, more than a commencement speech. Well, Donald Trump will be in the Bronx on Thursday. Now he's gonna hold his first New York rally in eight years. This is gonna be at Katoona Park at six pm on Thursday. They believe it's gonna be about a couple thousand people out there, and this is gonna be his first. Now, he also accepts an n R endorsement over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Then stood with me from the very beginning, and with your vote, I will stand strong for your rights and liberties. And four more years in the White House, we're going to do things.
Speaker 3: Like nobody can believe. We're gonna turn our country around.
Speaker 1: We're going to quite simply make America great again. See this case that's in New York, this fake case with a highly conflicted judge, so conflicted there's probably no judge maybe in history that's been as conflicted as this guy. And he refuses to recuse himself. But I'm able to talk about things, although I do have a gag order. I can't talk about the things I want to talk about because what I talk about is just on the surface because if I go in, they want to put me in jail. Can you believe they want to put me in jail? RF Cage Junior, I call him junior by the way. He's radical left. Don't think about it, don't waste your vote. We need a conservative person with common sense. This guy is radical left who destroyed New York.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that I was part of Donald Trump when after he got the acceptance from the NRA.
Speaker 4: Now that is.
Speaker 3: Right, That right there is why you would never get any kind of propagund legislation in this country.
Speaker 9: Because Alady pockets, you gave me.
Speaker 2: Money runs everything.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: Robert F.
Speaker 2: Kennedy Junior.
Speaker 10: People were talking about him because I guess the residents that he listed as his home to vote, his Westchester County address, people are saying that house is actually in foreclosure. It's in foreclosure proceedings for non payment, and all the neighbors said, we've never seen a man.
Speaker 3: He doesn't live here.
Speaker 10: So people are kind of just concerned and shocked that he used that home as an address because that house is about to be in foreclosure.
Speaker 3: That seems so light compared to what all of these other candidates got going on. That seems so light. You can't get no stronger scandal than that, Mark Kjuni. No, and that is it, and that is front page news.
Speaker 2: All right, Get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 10: Phone lines are wide open if you need event. Let us know how your weekend.
Speaker 2: Was, if something's bothering you, or you had a great weekend or horrible weekend. Whatever it may be. Your favorite New York Knicks team lost, or.
Speaker 3: Whatever, favorite New York Nick team, your favorite New York team I want to say, But whatever it may be, get it off your chest.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. It's the Breakfast Club, the.
Speaker 7: Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 14: It's a LOWD day.
Speaker 7: Is it your time to get it off your chest? Way, whether you're mad.
Speaker 2: Or blast, time to get up and get something.
Speaker 7: Call up now.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five eight five one five one.
Speaker 7: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 15: It was your boy DJ Easy, Good morning y'all, Good morning, y'all, Good morning y'all.
Speaker 9: Good morning, brother Easy, And what's up?
Speaker 3: Brother?
Speaker 15: Hey, charlottagea gone and give yourself jessin Larry.
Speaker 3: That's how you doing. Good morning.
Speaker 7: Let every big.
Speaker 15: Broad what's going on?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 5: Brother?
Speaker 3: How you feeling I'm.
Speaker 15: Doing feeling good and I want to talk about something. Listen, the restaurant club owning business is not an easy thing. It's very, very rough. But I'm over here trying to keep my head above water, you know what I'm saying. So that's what I want to get off my chests. Good morning. Just how you doing? You all right?
Speaker 2: I'm good, Yes, I'm all right. Thank you for asking.
Speaker 15: Yo, So I want to I got a question for you, Jess. Did you did you reckon? You have your baby shower?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 16: Not yet, So I will love to coordinate your baby shower for you on the house of my new club that I just bought, Island Seeds in Brooklyn.
Speaker 15: You know what I'm saying. And I'm hoping that we could talk and make sure that you're having a wonderful experience and just make sure you have a great time.
Speaker 8: Okay, I appreciate that my baby shower is going to be in d C. It's not going to be in New York now.
Speaker 2: Family lives in DC Baltimore area.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I'm sorry, Okay, Okay, Well, you know what Like I said, I've always been a big fan of the Breakfast Club and I'm happy to see you part of the team now, you know I mean, And even if you're in the DC area, I'll slide through.
Speaker 15: I'll slip through your DM and just see if we can plan something more going on in the future.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 15: He Charlemagne. Please let me get a copy of the book. Man, I'm a big reader.
Speaker 3: I got you Man. It comes out tomorrow. I'll mail you a copy though. But my new book, Get On, it's a dieline while small Talk stuffs will be available everywhere you buy books tomorrow.
Speaker 15: Hold on, easy, listen, and don't sleep on Diddy. Give Diddy that same energy, Give Diddy that same edgy? All right?
Speaker 9: What energy you gotta make?
Speaker 3: What is you get to say?
Speaker 9: Same energy is?
Speaker 7: Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 17: Hey?
Speaker 15: Dj AMV. This is Dereks Jersey. How are you this morning?
Speaker 3: Hey Derek? Good morning? Get it off your chest.
Speaker 15: Well, first of all, I just want to say good morning to the Breakfast Club. How you doing, Charlomagne, how you doing? Justs hilarious? Good morning, good morning listening people. I have to ask this, are we giving grace to Diddy this morning behind what the video that was released over the weekend and then the apology that was put out on Sunday yesterday.
Speaker 9: What is grace to find grace?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 9: What grace would we be given Diddy? What grace could anybody give?
Speaker 15: The reason why I say that, the reason why I say that, Uncle Sharla, is because honestly, I wanted you. I want you to give the man donkey other day because you said it's given people the credit for being stupid, and absolutely, I think so this whole situation is stupidity at its highest form. Because the man denied any allegations that were against him in regards to I don't want to say the name. I'm just going to say some very salacious things. And then there's a video that shows exactly what he was accused of, and then he puts out a video apologizing without mentioning anyone specifically, and as a fan of hip hop in general, in the culture in general, and I'm gonna lie Ditty specifically. I feel like he has let me down. I am disappointed, I am angry, and I need some type of conversation to come from this. I need something to be discussed. Not only would that man specifically, but the overall salacious nature of it. I need that brought into focus. You know, you're a father of four girls. Envies a father if I don't know how many, how many girls because he got his seat is.
Speaker 7: Strong and just hilarious. Is a mother.
Speaker 15: You know, it needs to be spoken about this. There's a bigger thing that needs to be discussed than just specifically Sean Combe. Sean Combe needs to catch He needs to catch these heat rocks behind what's going on here.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, you know.
Speaker 15: So that's that's what I mean by you know, he did what he did and then he put out the video saying that he apologizes and he's working on himself, going to rehab and talking to God and all this other kind of stuff. I feel like we as ever speechful, specifically you me and Heavy as fathers to little girls. Do we give him the grace that he's looking for or do we keep that same energy.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that grace, but I know I know that you know, he got to be held accountable. You know, you got to be held accountable on every level. And yeah, we definitely gonna discuss it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, we're gonna dicuss enough, but like, yeah, he should be held accountable. But how people how he said he looked at Diddy. I look at these people as artists, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I don't didd. He is not my end all be all. He's not my superhero. He's not none of that.
Speaker 9: What he did was disgusting, and it was disgusting, But it is true that, yes, you do.
Speaker 3: I looked at Diddy as a hero, not not a personal hero, but as a person who accomplished so much in music and accomplished so much as a mogu.
Speaker 2: Absolutely I respect him as a businessman, but I don't look Ammut as a hero.
Speaker 10: The only hero I have is that man, Edward Casey, which is my dad and who raised me. Outside of that, I don't. I don't look at none of these dudes as heroes. I respect what they do as far as business. I respect what they do as far as being an artist, but a hero is not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't lie to say that I do. I look at a lot of these brothers as heroes, not just in rat but just in general. Like you know, when you when you're black and you come from certain circumstances and you're able to accomplish certain things. I do look at you with a certain a certain reverence, which which makes all of this that much more disappointing. You know, it's disappointed and disgusting what he did as a man, But it's also disappointed and disgusting you just watching somebody and just like it's like the Wizard of ours right, like damn. I never expect these people to be perfect, but we don't know what you expect them to be doing that type, but.
Speaker 10: We don't know what they do behind doors. That's why I said, I can't look at them as a here. We don't know who they are behind doors. You know, Like I said, I respect who they do as as business, I respect them as an artist, but we don't know these people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't know who they are. We don't know how they are outside of this.
Speaker 3: We don't.
Speaker 2: But let's take some more calls. Eight hundrenk five eight five one oh five one Get it off your chest.
Speaker 18: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eight five one five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 15: Good morning, This is Michelle.
Speaker 3: Hey, Michelle, Michelle, good morning. Get it off your chest.
Speaker 19: First of all, I want to take congratulations jas.
Speaker 15: You are so beautiful girl.
Speaker 20: I was thinking about when I first saw you on Instagram with the hair and everything, but beautiful.
Speaker 19: I want to get this off my chest right now. Jess, why aren't we talking about Diddy?
Speaker 15: Why is it that the first thing coming out of your mouth this morning?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 21: I know, Jess, but seriously, really you should that would been the first thing.
Speaker 22: I've been waiting on.
Speaker 19: I've been waiting on that all weekend because yes, and I know you were going to Charlotte, and I apologize. You know you have some good food DJ and congratulations on everything you got going on Charlotte, Maine. Congratulations, brother, congratulations. And I'm gonna need some self healing stuff because really I had the money but I don't. And I really want to get this off my chest too.
Speaker 15: Sorry, y'all.
Speaker 19: I was in a marriage for twenty years to a Nazist husband. Now, he crossed all my personal pictures on Instagram.
Speaker 15: And Facebook, so he thought that was this platform.
Speaker 2: I got the best platform in the.
Speaker 15: Worl the breakfast club. Yes, you can't get no bigger than this.
Speaker 19: You can't get no bigger than this.
Speaker 20: When I said I was a faithful lawyer wife for twenty.
Speaker 15: Years, No, I ain't bitter.
Speaker 19: I'm gonna tell you right now.
Speaker 15: I was bitterer.
Speaker 11: I was.
Speaker 19: I was bitter, I was hurt, I was ashamed.
Speaker 15: But I loved my husband. Yes, I loved him.
Speaker 14: I supported him.
Speaker 20: I was just ride a guy until the love went away. So I know how when you will himself, Because honey, you can hide an affair all on, but saying as a baby, he ain't.
Speaker 23: Got no baby.
Speaker 20: But when he got disrespectful and started doing what he wanted to do, you can't hide that mess no more.
Speaker 15: So the blindness came off and gud said, you gotta let him go.
Speaker 19: He is not for you, So pay me my alimony and stopped taking me back and forth the court man. That's all I need, and I'm gonna need them, Buck Charlotte.
Speaker 11: That, thank you, thank you God.
Speaker 4: I need to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Michell, copy of my new book, My new book, Get on into the Dieline wat Small Talk Stucks comes out tomorrow. Okay, Michelle went from Michella copy, Yes, yeah, alimony to let me.
Speaker 10: Get a book Jesus. Okay, all right, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one o five one. Now we got just with the mess coming.
Speaker 8: Up, Yes, Sean Puffy Brother Love the Diddler Combs is up next.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll jump all into it.
Speaker 7: You don't move.
Speaker 2: It's to Breakfast Club, God Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 24: You use real whether riens, Jessica, Robbin Moore, just don't do no lines, don't.
Speaker 2: Do talk nobody talk world Why jes World?
Speaker 7: Which on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: She's a coach of ship.
Speaker 25: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 3: Could get you to see.
Speaker 7: It's time to set it off.
Speaker 8: So, of course, on Friday afternoon, shout out to CNN for exclusively releasing the surveillance footage of the Diddy the Ditty situation where he assaulted Cassie. The video was from an incident that occurred March fifth, twenty sixteen. So this is nine years ago, yeah, eight nine years ago at the Intercontinental Hotel in LA. The lawsuit that Cassie filed against Ditty scenes to match the events of the video that was released and in that Cassie alleged that Diddy got extremely drunk.
Speaker 2: He punched her in her face and gave a black eye. When he fell asleep.
Speaker 8: She tried to get away, but did he followed her, and that's where the surveillance footage starts.
Speaker 26: The surveillance video, obtained by CNN begins as she enters the hallway. The complaint says, as she exited, mister Holmes awoke and began screaming at Miss Ventura. He followed her into the hallway of the hotel while yelling at her. The complainant goes on to say he grabbed her and then took glass vases in the hallway and threw at her. In the surveillance video, Combs can be seen grabbing Ventura and throwing her to the ground. As Ventura lies on the ground, Combs then kicks her twice and attempts to drag her on the floor back to the hotel room. Ventura is seen picking up a hotel phone. Comb seems to walk back to the hotel room, then returns and appears to shove her in a corner. Moments later, he can be seen throwing an object in her direction.
Speaker 3: The video is actually worse than what Cassie describes in the lawsuit.
Speaker 2: Mmmm, you think so?
Speaker 15: I think.
Speaker 8: I think honestly, the video is light compared to what she probably or what she went through in the room, because if you look at the video and the way he threw it to the ground and the way he throwing things at her and all that her just trying to get away and her laying there like almost freaking lifeless, you know what I mean, Like, imagine what happened in the room and how somebody can be so functional like that extremely drunk. I don't think. I don't think that he was that drunk. He managed to not let that towel slip. He managed to do all of that with one hand.
Speaker 9: And the fact that he didn't care about any of that.
Speaker 3: He didn't care you running around in a hotel with a towel wrapped around you and you know elevator. That's yeah, that's that's a different level of it's disgusting.
Speaker 2: It's definitely discussing. She didn't try to defend usself and probably couldn't because of what happened in.
Speaker 10: The room, But not only that, that was his girl, right, that was the person that he said he loved and She's laying on the floor, lifeless. She wasn't moving, and you're still kicking, and you're still kicking her like it was.
Speaker 2: It was definitely disgusting to see.
Speaker 8: After the video was released, the Los Angeles DA's office released a statue let's release a statement explaining that even though they defined the video disturbing, the statue of limitations passed and they won't be able to charge Diddy with anything. After the video took over social media, did he share the video to address it.
Speaker 27: It's so difficult to reflect on the darkest times in your life. Sometimes you gotta do that. I mean, I hit rock bottom. I make no excuses my behavior on that video. It's inexcusable. I take full responsibility for my ashes in that video.
Speaker 7: I'm disgusted.
Speaker 3: I was disgusted then when I did it. I'm disgusted now.
Speaker 27: Went and I sought our professional help out of going to therapy, going to rehab. Had asked God for his mercy and grace. I'm so sorry, but I'm committed to be a better mansion every day. I'm not asking for forgiveness. I'm truly sorry.
Speaker 3: You can't believe anything that comes out of Diddy's mouth. Absolutely, he's not sorry, he's sorry, he's got caught.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry that the video leaked.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, that's what cassie legal team said.
Speaker 9: If that video adding to come out, he'd still be lying right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, because he said that it was like for a play like like early on he was saying Cassie and the most the other women that came forward with these claims, he denied everything, and he suggested.
Speaker 2: That his victims were looking for pay day.
Speaker 8: But Cassie's lawyer said he only felt the re He only felt like he was compelled to apologize once it's repeated the Niles were proven false, and that just shows that he's pathetic and no one will be swayed by his disingenuous words.
Speaker 9: Yeah, why volunteered a lie?
Speaker 3: Why go so hard to tell folks that you innocent when you know that there's evidence out there like that that exists.
Speaker 10: Because obviously thought he owned that evidence, right They said in the court documents that he paid fifty fifty thousand dollars for that video, so he probably thought it wasn't it would never come out.
Speaker 2: He probably would.
Speaker 3: You still be holding onto the video like you think you came in minutes of society, Like.
Speaker 28: What the hell?
Speaker 10: I don't I don't think that came from him. I think that whoever probably sold him that video probably had another copy, you know what I mean. I don't think that you know that that came from someplace and you know it's Cassie said exactly where it was the time this, so they probably went searching for it. So yeah, they probably found.
Speaker 3: Out the hotel is closed. The hotel ain't even open no more. Oh sure positive close up. I thought they said they had new representation, that new people. At the end of that, even if they have new representation, they don't have an old footage from the hotel like that, like that gets that's gone.
Speaker 2: Somebody got that footage years old footage, nine years old footage.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So yeah, that is just with the mess with That's the whole situation is. It's just really really crazy because do y'all know how many videos about to be out. I really foresee so many, so much other things that's about the league, so many other videos that he probably don't pay for and other things that will come to surface.
Speaker 3: You know, that's silly to put out an apology, right like you put that in an apology. You didn't even apologize to anybody nobody. That apology was just for your ego. I don't know, for your brand, I guess, but that's all that that's over. That's that's a rap. So that was that was pointless. But it's like you said that, you you know you've done the work. The best apology is change behavior, right, we all know that clearly the behavior hasn't changed. If you would, you've been lying to us this whole time, up until this past Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like come on man, yeah, yeah, so that's that y'all. Yeah, it was really disgusting.
Speaker 10: But let's open up the phone lines and let's have a conversation, right, eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one.
Speaker 2: How do you feel?
Speaker 10: You know, for I see you reading the comments. I've seen somebody left the comment and said that this is triggering, Like this is something that you know people have been through and re seeing it makes them feel like they're back in that situation. Let's let's just open up the phone lines and have a discussion. What are your thoughts, what do you think? How do you feel?
Speaker 8: Then imagine how Cassie feels. That's not saying that to bring it back up, like, and it's all over. There's no way that she can avoid saying unless you just don't go online or go on you know, social media or whatever, like and it's not even all social media, it's on like CNN. Uh, it's all over news outlets, online, on TV.
Speaker 3: And who on did these teams said, Okay, he gonna apologize. He not gonna apologize to Cassie? Yeah, Like, what was the point of that? What logic does that make on a Sunday morning, Like you're gonna put this whole apology out?
Speaker 9: But no one time do you even say her name?
Speaker 10: Well, not only that, who who's on this team? I'm sure you know these have been claims that we've heard before. This is not the first time you've heard his claim.
Speaker 3: Did he?
Speaker 2: So who on this team is is seeing that and still staying with him?
Speaker 10: That's seen that before, right, because you would want in front of your team that, let's say you were going through problems, you were hitting rock Botty and the bay Bro. You need help, You need help right now, or I can't f with you, I can't be around you. Because these women are getting hurt.
Speaker 3: They could have been.
Speaker 2: Somebody's mother, somebody's sister, somebody's daughter, you know what I mean, It could be anybody. Well, obviously it's a it's a power play.
Speaker 8: Like honestly, I feel like I really feel like he just feels so powerful at you know, at some point, do you have a.
Speaker 2: Team, do you have somebody friends?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You or you know what I'm saying. Are you so powerful that that you got people that you that you that fear you?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Because at some point that goes away too.
Speaker 3: Like that is true because all of y'all complicit, like you know, everybody that's doing these interviews now talking to about what they saw y'all y'all accessory to the career.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all were there, y'all see, but y'all were there. Y'all didn't call him police, You didn't get helped like you guys were.
Speaker 3: Enable thems like you guys were there.
Speaker 2: That's why I feel like even like people like Laura Rod like you got like you was.
Speaker 8: You're telling us about this stuff, like you wasn't there, Like even his lawsuit when I report something about his loss and I'm like, yo, but she was there, for like ninety nine percent of this and now because you don't get royalties, now you're telling but I think again, a lot of y'all enabled, and whether y'all was afraid or not, now you're just now saying something.
Speaker 2: You're a part of all of this too.
Speaker 10: So well, let's open up the phone lines. Let's discuss. We just want to hear from you, your thoughts. Let's let's talk. Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Curiosa a mad Max Saga slams in the Theatre's Memorial Day weekend, witness Mastermind George Miller's epic Battle for the Wasteland starring and your Tailor Joy as Eurosa and Chris Hemsworth, and the wildest role yet as the Warlord Dementias. Get tickets now only a theater is May twenty fourth.
Speaker 3: Rate it all.
Speaker 10: We are the Breakfast Club, and if you're just joining us, we're gonna be taking your calls talking about the Diddy situation and the footage that was released is apology and all.
Speaker 2: We'd love to hear from you from from all different agles. However, you feel.
Speaker 10: We'll take your calls after front page news. But let's get in some front page news all right quickly. The Paces beat the Knicks one thirty one nine. The Knicks can't cool on three one two three can cool? Yes, we are in cant cool. Timberwolves beat the Nuggets.
Speaker 2: Ninety eight ninety all right, now over the we can also Tyson Fury for it? Did you hear?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 2: I know you guys watched the fight?
Speaker 7: What did you think?
Speaker 3: I thought it was a great little squabble, you know what I mean?
Speaker 9: U six one. I think the judges got it right.
Speaker 3: I honestly thought it was gonna end up being a draw, but you know, used to U six did enough to get to get a win.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I thought that was the right call.
Speaker 24: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They running the back in October, Yeah, running the back.
Speaker 9: And I've been sleeping on U six man.
Speaker 3: I watched you six, you know, but I just always thought Tyson Fury was the cream of the crop in the heavyweight class.
Speaker 9: But U six's one of them ones.
Speaker 10: And all the Knicks fans out there, yeah, we we were pretty beat up. I mean, of course, Og only played four minutes. He was back injured Brunton hurt his hand during the game. Of course Randall was out, Robinson was out. We were we didn't have all our our stars, we didn't have our full team. But we'll be out next year.
Speaker 29: Yo.
Speaker 8: The playoffs be so long. It's like, yo, y'all don't expect for these injuries. Like these guys are playing everywhere other night. Yeah, like this is this is hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is hard.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm compared to the football.
Speaker 8: I'm like, not as one game you want and done these basketball but I got to keep up the athleticism. They can't be tied like you expect nobody to get hurt.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Now, we also got to talk to Iranian president. His helicopter went down and they believe he could possibly be dead.
Speaker 30: Although we just got confirmation that according to Ron State TV, Iran's president was killed in this helicopter crash in a location in the north of Iran close to Uzerbaij. On Richard, it was unfortunately what you and Kerr and Claudio were saying. It was not looking good based on the information on the lead up to this very announcement.
Speaker 29: When you have helicopters crash in dense fog and mountainous areas, the chances of survival generally not good. So he was traveling in a three helicopter convoy, according to state television, just his.
Speaker 7: Helicopter went down.
Speaker 29: There were initial reports that it had a hard landing, then just a few minutes ago the report that the crash site had been found no sign of life, and now this announcement that he has in fact been killed.
Speaker 3: Now I'm not his speculator getting any conspiracy theory, so I won't, but I will just simply say, why do helicopters, you know, go in regions that they know they shouldn't go in fog, Like if you know you shouldn't be taking the helicopter over there, and you know it increases the chances of things like that happening, Why even go there, especially with a president of a country.
Speaker 8: Crazy in bad weather and heavy fog, Like the pilot is like, you know you trained for this, like this is this is your job?
Speaker 9: Okay, all right?
Speaker 10: Now, we got to talk about the bad weather that hit Oklahoma in Texas, very bad out there, trees falling, people losing power, people have passed.
Speaker 31: Flora and Wan and Fante were left in the dark with no power and no air conditioning.
Speaker 3: What was it like in that house? If you turn on your oven at three fifty degree, then you open it.
Speaker 7: Up, That's how it feel.
Speaker 2: That's how it feels in the house.
Speaker 22: You can check on your insulince.
Speaker 31: Yah unable to keep Wand's insulin cold. They left and are now spending their days at a cooling center.
Speaker 3: We just couldn't stand it anymore at the house.
Speaker 2: It was too hot.
Speaker 31: Nearly three hundred thousand homes, businesses, and schools across Houston are still without power days after a deadly windstorm tore through the area Thursday night, hurricane strength winds knocking down the frame on this house, leaving behind a four hundred mile path of destruction and official say killing at least seven and now another deadly threat.
Speaker 26: But heat's not gonna get any less.
Speaker 3: It's only gonna get.
Speaker 28: Hard from here.
Speaker 10: Definitely praying for everybody out in Houston, Oklahoma and the Midwest that's dealing with all these tornadoes and weather craziness.
Speaker 2: So very sad out there. So all right, well that is front page news. Now when we come.
Speaker 10: Back, like I said, we're gonna be taking your calls. Let's let's talk about everything that would happen.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend. We've seen the video, the video, the Diddy video released.
Speaker 10: We've seen his apologies like some nobody eating videos videos, right, I need not Let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred stupid.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five five one five one. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Stress, anxiety and diet play a role when it comes to the health of your heart, and what you don't know when it comes to the condition of your heart can be costly in the long term.
Speaker 9: That's why I've partnered.
Speaker 3: With doctor Puma and Soaring Medical to make sure we as a community are taking our heart health seriously so that we can live longer. To put my mind and ease, I recently had the sore and heart scan. It was quick, easy, affordable, and I got my results right away and they take insurance. Doctor Pullman his team took their time to educate on how important it is, especially for black men, to take preventive steps to get checked out early so that we can live longer. Put your mind and easy today and dial pound two fifty from your cell phone and say the keyword live longer. That is pound two fifty from your cell and say the keyword live longer. We need to be here for our families, and what you avoid and put off could potentially take your life. Getting the soreing heart scan was one of the best health decisions I've ever made. Get your soreing heart scan today. Dial pound two fifty from your cell and say the keyword live Longer. You'll have the option to receive a one time autodial text from my Heart Media to see how easy the sore in heart scan is for yourself.
Speaker 9: Text and data rates may apply.
Speaker 17: Find Sweet savings at Wholefood's Market. Get sixteen ounces of borganic strawberries for three ninety nine each with prime through May twenty First, bake a strawberry shortcake to enjoy in the sunny Weather.
Speaker 3: Study my phone.
Speaker 6: It's topic time called eight hundred five five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast.
Speaker 2: Club Morning everybody. It's DJ Envyess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 25: Now.
Speaker 10: If you're just joining us, we're taking your phone calls eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 3: We're talking about the footage of Diddy.
Speaker 2: Abusing Cassie and beating Cassie that.
Speaker 10: Was released over the weekend and apology after that, and we just opened up the phone lines to get your thoughts. We've we've heard so many, We've we've a lot of us have read Cassie's lawsuit which was pulled and a lot of this was in it. So we're just pretty much asking what are your thoughts. Let's let's start with you, Jess.
Speaker 8: I think it's disgusted and I think it's crazy to know, I mean, like to actually see that. I mean, we've heard rumors and things like that, you know what.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, But.
Speaker 8: To actually see it, and then for it to be of that magnitude right like in which I still hold that to be light, like to think about behind closed doors at home, you know, and then even leading up to her running out, like because she really was like gone, you know what I mean, Like she was trying to get away one sock on like she she was running, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So it's disgusting, and then I feel for her having.
Speaker 8: To relive that, Yeah, and then other things this is probably like like just even light to her, Like, man, y'all really don't know what I went through, you know, speaking as her. So I feel like I don't believe nothing to say. I just I feel like, yeah, it's definitely time.
Speaker 2: For him to go to jail. I mean, well, he's not gonna go for jail for that, because.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but it's but this is only the beginning of things that we're about to see, Like there's so many things that's about the fold. I feel that personally, like this is just one little video that's about to spuck it off.
Speaker 2: And you know what, I agree with you. It was it was disgusting, it was hard to watch, hard to look at.
Speaker 10: And me having six kid, four daughters, you just think if any man or somebody put their hands on your daughter like that, what would you want to do? What would you want to happen to them? And it's sad and diddy as you could see, he's going through problems or whatever it may be. But I really feel bad for Cassie. Like you said, this is brought back up. And another reason I feel bad for Castie is because when his lawsuit came out, a lot of people didn't believe her.
Speaker 2: You know, a lot of people were joking her. A lot of people said it's just a cash grab.
Speaker 10: A lot of people didn't necessarily come to her defense at that time because you know, we just didn't have all the evidence, of all the details people, And that's.
Speaker 9: Not her own fault.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think that's that's your approach shouldn't be the joke her. But your approach doesn't have to be to pick a side in those situations because we don't know, we don't we know this is this is.
Speaker 9: An allegation, it's an aguination.
Speaker 3: And what we always say, listen to everybody, but you believe all proof, believe the facts. This is this video is proof at Harold, hands down proof and it is just so disgusting and a lot of people, I say, we're looking at Diddy as a We talked about it early as a superhero. And and that's why I always say a lot of time in celebrity, you respect their business, you respect them as an artist, but they're.
Speaker 10: Human and we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. But it was disgusting. It was heartfelt. I mean not heartfel but it hurt my heart watching that. And I watched it with my oldest daughter and I watched it with my wife and we were just sitting there like I can't believe it, like that somebody would do that to somebody that they say they love. Think about it, because she was on the floor passed out. She looked lifeless, and he was kicking her lifeless. It wasn't like she wasn't fighting back.
Speaker 2: She was just laying there. And that's somebody that somebody says that they love. That's a tough one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I got a bunch of emotions, But the main emotion I always get when I see a man putting hands on a woman in this way is just disgusting disappointment, Like, you know, yeah Diddy, his ass beat, Like I wish Cassie would have had a gun on her and would have shot him right there on the spot. Like that's my initial reaction. That's how I always feel when I see situations like this. And then there's this weird sense of grief that sets in because did he is a hip hop hero and he is an ordinary person who's it extraordinary things, you know from hip hop culture. So to sit here and act like this man wasn't a huge part about upbringing. That would just be me lying to myself. So there's this weird sense of grief, like another one of our heroes has ruined their legacy and it's his own fault because of poor choices. And when will people really start doing the work on themselves? Like this man was forty six years old for this happened forty eight.
Speaker 2: He was twenty sixteen. I thought I did the matth he was forty six. I thought I did forty eight, But you thought he was six happened he was an older man.
Speaker 3: And I'll be forty six next month. So my whole thing is, like, at what point do people really start doing the work on themselves? At what point do people start stop lying to themselves? Like he knows all the issues he has. He knows whether it's substance abuse, whether it's I don't whatever he's dealing with, he knows, he knows how he's treating people. He knows what he's doing to people. The thing is he got girls, Yes, you got got girls. I'm saying, like pathetic, Like forty was forty. At what point do you stop lying to yourself and you say, I I got it, I need help, Like I can't keep treating people like but that, But that's what bothered me too, Like you know, and I'm not gonna say it's okay, but you would expect it from a younger individual somebody has that has not done the work, that has not grown a nineteen twenty twenty one that this man is forty six many I thought he's a billion is a billionaire. He got access to all the best everything, all the best therapists, all the best resources, and you still carrying on like this at forty six years old. Yeah, that's that's insane to me.
Speaker 8: That's a sense of power literally just to be the most powerful person in the world or the industry.
Speaker 2: Is this something that people love?
Speaker 9: Are you are the opposite you that broken? Yeah, you that broke into where you that broken?
Speaker 3: The way you're projecting all that pain and all that hurt that you're feeling on the other people. Because for you to be running down a hotel in a hotel with a towel on and doing that, to doing that to a young lady, right, you don't give a damn about nothing on who was out there.
Speaker 32: It was.
Speaker 3: Absolutely so Imagine what type of level of monster that is right when you you don't care to that extent.
Speaker 2: You got He needs to work on himself, like losing his dad at a young age.
Speaker 3: I ain't mak.
Speaker 10: But he needs help, like he needs help. And the people around him who have seen this. I think in one of the in the and the thing that the lawsuit, Cassie was like security had to stop him one time, and I'm like, who are these people around him?
Speaker 9: Listen that man? That man was forty.
Speaker 3: Sean Combs has had the good sense to accomplish all these great things, So he should have the good sense to go do some great things with himself and figure his own life out. For him to still be doing that at forty six years older, people, there's no excuse. I don't want to hear about him nothing. I understand every there's a root cause to all trauma. But at forty six years old, for him to accomplish all the things that he's accomplished, he knew what he was doing. Yeah, he knew what he was doing. And you can't run from yourself. Eventually that part of you catches up to you.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Valerie on the line, Valerie, good morning, good morning. How are you how you feeling, Valerie?
Speaker 3: What's your thoughts?
Speaker 14: My thoughts? You know, I just feel that it is rather disgusting what he did to that young woman, and you know she's not a girl, she's not a child. But you know, especially looking at the age there, he's twenty years old and he could have been her dad, and he's got daughter. Then you know, I just still understand. I don't know if it's that I don't know why he's a dad. You know, it's not just our men, but you know, obviously it's not a cultural thing. But speaking where i'm men are concerned. I don't know why they allow themselves to self this trump. I don't know if it's that they think they're never going to get court or they think that because they reach a certain level of success that their demons are going to just disappear, and that they don't safe and fine time to deal with it. I mean, because our apparently money is not an issue for him to get the type of help that he needs to deal with his demons. And apparently he knows he's got demons because he knows what he would do, what was wrong, So you know, and then then also you know, men like him will always the first ones to talk about it. If you do something to mind, you know, you're never going to do nothing in to mind, I'm never gonna let nobody do nothing in mind, but then they turn around to do it to somebody else's. So you know, this is just you know, it's the sat saddest part for me is that young is what she went through. You know, I have family members that have gone women that have gone through that. My mom is actually a survival of domestic violence. And you know, one of the worst things do, the worst things think a man could do is to sit on and put his foot on a.
Speaker 15: Woman, you know.
Speaker 14: And it's not just about the physical abuse. It's just about not only the physical abuse. It's now I'm just gonna degrade you just as a not just as a woman, but just as a human being. It's just what he did was so disgusted, and I'm disappointed. I am a highly above and beyond disappointed in him as a man, as a black man, and as a black man that has reached a certain level, which there is not many of us, our men that have reached his level, right, and to reach that level and to to you know, self destruct, you know, and to do that to yourself and then yet again, you know, you know, every culture has this thing. They have their people that do what But you know, like I said, there's not a whole lot of us that reach that status. And you know, just just you know, take a book out of President Obama's you know page, he reached a certain level and he maintained being a good human being. But also I think people need to understand is that once you people tend to think that once you reach a certain status or a celebrity status, that you know, you walk on clouds, or you're you're not human, or you know, whatever demons or issues you had that were bruined beforehand, they're.
Speaker 3: Just going to be mad multiplied. That's right, You're going to be.
Speaker 14: Magnified and multiplied in the world.
Speaker 3: Could be it?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 14: All right, Charlamagde, I do want to have an opportunity. I can't. I don't want to do it now because I don't want to take away from the Disney situation, in the casting situation. But I'm going to call back to speak with you about the whole tail of Marjorie Greed what you said on Friday. I'm gonna try to get back through a little bit later.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, okay, all right, okay, you know, and that's what she bought up some very good points. And the one thing that It made me think about you can't give Diddy credit for being a genius and a mogul on one aspect of his life, but didn't say he doesn't know any better when it comes to stuff like bolence of cowards women.
Speaker 9: That man plenty better.
Speaker 3: You know, what he was doing was wrong, and he was still choosing to do it for whatever reason. Maybe because he thought he was just too powerful. Maybe he thought he could get away with it. Maybe that's just his nature. I don't know, but you can't give him credit for being a genius, you know, on one aspect, but then say he don't know no better.
Speaker 9: That man, No, he definitely know better.
Speaker 10: Absolutely tak him all your calls. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Let's discuss it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 9: If y'all talking about it, you know we talking about it.
Speaker 6: It's topic times called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 10: Morning everybody. It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Chelamagne the Guy. We are the Breakfast Club. If you're just joining us, we're opening up the phone lines talking about Diddy, uh and everything that happened with Diddy over the last couple of days saw it with you, Jess. You know what I want to ask you, Jess, not only did that video came out and the apology, what did you think about the apology?
Speaker 8: I felt like, you know how, somebody apologized because something came out, because it's like, oh oh wow, these people and this is for the world to see this. Of course this circulated, you know what I'm saying. But he felt and probably still feels, untouchable, you know what I mean, for a long time, and like even paying fifty thousand to have that video erased or whatever, you know what I mean, Like, you don't think that when you're that powerful and you that you know, so self absorbed, you don't think things like this will come back, you know. And there's no way I don't know why he thought that, but there's no way that somebody can hold onto something like this and that can that can be something that you playing with, something totally like out of your control, you know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 2: This thought it was crazy.
Speaker 9: He didn't say it didn't.
Speaker 10: Like the video was you beating Cassie? How can we didn't say I am sorry? I as because I don't feel like he regrets what he did.
Speaker 8: I still feel like it's like nah, and I feel like he may feel like, Yo, that's from so long ago, and that's and I know that he know he's done some worse things and that, like I said, that's why I keep saying that video was just light, like something like so light.
Speaker 2: They did imagine all the other things he probably.
Speaker 8: Did, So I don't I don't think he saw it as like, I don't need to apologize, sir man.
Speaker 3: That apology was nastier than Daily on a tequila. And let me tell you something else. Not only should he have apologized to Cassie in that video, he should have apologized that all the general publics that he lied to.
Speaker 9: You sat there and you tried to paint Kassie as a liar for weeks. You're the one who.
Speaker 3: Put out to take you wanted some money. Yeah, you put out statements saying it was just a witch hunt and it was just the money grab, and you deny everything that's being said.
Speaker 9: You volunteered that line. So you're gonna do an apology.
Speaker 3: You gotta apologize to Cassie, then apologize to the general public for lying, and then you know, I don't know, throw yourself at the mercy of the court. But honestly, he shouldn't have did that apology at all. That's why I keep saying, for somebody who's slogan his can't stop, won't stop, somebody need to put him, grab him and say no, it's time to stop, because it has stopped.
Speaker 8: Because and then you you gave her the money, you ended up paying, like you ended up settling. So if they were just looking for a pay day, if it was something that you really didn't do, you in the page.
Speaker 2: But you know, the sad thing is you hear all these other women that's been coming out for months saying yeah, they've been abused, and that they've been in altercations, and you know, people always decide what's true and what's not, and you just think out damn, like that might be him, Yeah, which is sad because like you said, he has daughters, Yeah, beautiful daughters, which is sad.
Speaker 3: The other complaining lesson I'm just thinking it wasn't about him abusing women.
Speaker 9: It was about him.
Speaker 2: Having like a trafficking rink or something.
Speaker 10: It was like other stuff, not a little rob but it was a girl. There was another woman that did an interview that said did he kicked the while she was pregnant? I'll say allegedly, oh, okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 8: And then and then one of his other ex girlfriends, I think she sat down with somebody and she was saying that like he was throwing her shoes at her, he would like choker. Basically, she described something similar to what we saw on the Cassi footage.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we've been hearing it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the phone lines. Uh, we got shar Intel on the line.
Speaker 2: Shantel, good morning, Yes, good morning, good morning. What's your thoughts, Shantel?
Speaker 15: My thoughts is, I'm disgusted from someone who used to be a huge Diddy fan.
Speaker 16: I'm disgusted.
Speaker 15: I wish it wasn't true.
Speaker 22: But also why they charge Bill Cosey while they can't charge him.
Speaker 3: Well, the statute of limitations in California are different for uh, I guess rape and domestic violence, which is crazy.
Speaker 15: It's crazy.
Speaker 5: No, they should charge them.
Speaker 3: They should charge them.
Speaker 22: I hope every everything else comes out.
Speaker 3: If they will, you thank you, Chantell.
Speaker 7: Hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 3: Just a nice at nice with something man?
Speaker 7: Talk to us?
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts us?
Speaker 24: Up.
Speaker 4: I wanted to speak y'all. Help y'all had a great weekend, just hilarious. Charlerana God j Envy. Yeah, I wanted to say you man. First of all, like my past was said, I pray for him and call the police.
Speaker 3: That's right, right.
Speaker 4: You know, every time I think about this, I think that everybody's a victim. Right now, y'all got a right earlier this morning.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: When people like Hubley are granted the power, you know, to comes responsibility with that power. He got that power like back in ninety two, and being young as he was getting that power to be able to influence people. Men, women, you know what I'm saying, young ladies, people that want to be inspired to be artists like him. In this situation where Cassie, she wanted the same thing that she saw him have based on the videos, the lifestyle, so she got involved with him thinking that she was going to be able to get those things that she had and then after a while, I'm doing the over ten years I believe they were together, even one or two things happened. She even aged out of the things that he was into because she came into it already being young, because she already had a can start in that lifestyle that she had known that he was able to influence.
Speaker 3: People like her.
Speaker 4: So when she got into that lifestyle, you know, like I said, either one two things, woke up and decided, hey, I can't take this some more. Or he probably said, so I'm sick of You're gonna put you to the wolves. And so then now it becomes a money thing for her. You know what I'm saying, I need to be able to be paid for my pain and suffering that I had to go through, you know, because of the promises that you gave me that I would be able to become this person that I see you having the ability to make Mary and Faith and all these other people.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying that, my brother, I think I hear what you're saying. You're missing the whole point. If I was beating your ass for however long, you know what I mean, At whatever point she decided to wake up and say enough is enough of she could get out, Hey, I don't think you. I don't think she was thinking about being the next Mary J. Blige at that point when she gets you, once she getting her head beat in you could tell from that video or her trying to leave that hotel, he's sticking of getting beat on them.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's definitely not about music now because to me, in fact, it seems like she was trying to leave but didn't have help to leave.
Speaker 3: It felt like she was all by herself.
Speaker 10: And maybe when she met the trainer that was training her, that was her way to get out, But it seemed like she was trying to get out. It seems like she kept getting beat and they kept pulling back in. I don't know, but that's what it seems like. But regardless of the power of what Diddy could have done, no woman deserves.
Speaker 9: That's why I don't like nobody that deserves.
Speaker 3: That's why I don't like when we make these situations about the individual as opposed to the issue.
Speaker 9: Domestic violence is the issue correct.
Speaker 3: Domestic violence has been around since the beginning of time, Like we're talking about, I was reading something a while ago where it was saying, how you know it was legal to beat your wife up until nineteen twenty, and when it comes to like domestic violence and family violence, that wasn't even looked at as a crime until like the sixties.
Speaker 9: And seventies. So think about that. So this is a societal problem, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: This isn't just something that you know, one issue, one person has to deal with, one rich person with power, poor people beating out out they women too.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, yeah, and we'll take some more calls when we come back. Phone line to let up eight hundred five eight five one five on. It's the Breakfast Club, DJ Energy, just Hilarry's Charlamagne and the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. If you're just joining us, we're talking about Diddy and and all the information that came out in the last couple of days, of course, the footage of Diddy uh domestically abusing Cassie and Diddy's apology, and we're just taking your calls. We have Donna on the line. Donna, good morning. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 23: My thoughts is you know what's going on in Holly that nothing happens in real time. It's always nine years later, ten.
Speaker 15: Years later, twenty years later.
Speaker 3: Money like power, money, power cover ups. Why you think these people got prs and crisis management teams and all of that, Like something like that happens, you know, with a Diddy and a Cassie. They're gonna cover that up immediately. It's just it's this new era where there's you know, a video of everything everywhere that's messing the game up. That's what I promise you. These pr people and these craziest management teams, they hate this new era because they can't hide things anymore.
Speaker 23: And I also want to come in on what y'all saying about for that and needing help to work on himself. He was broken and all that Cassie was too. In order to accept that behavior from somebody, we gotta because I went through that and myself, I needed to work on myself to realize why would I accept this from a man? Yeah, because that goes both ways. You have to get out of those situations. You got to look within yourself and ask yourself, why did I accept this behavior from this man?
Speaker 15: Why did I let him do this for me? Yes, he's a.
Speaker 23: Monster, But why did I accept this monster to live up onto my bed every night?
Speaker 8: But this is the thing also, you know what I'm saying, like when you when because we that's not act like we haven't heard rements of people like dropping like flies. When when you try to get out of situations concerning certain people, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: The girl was scared.
Speaker 8: It was said that he would beat her up and then send her to other countries to vacation, hell to heal. Like, it's not that easy to get away at times, you know, depending on your abuse or how much power, money and respect they got, you know what I mean, because like to your point earlier you were saying, like some people looked at him as a hero whatever, but the whole time you were a villain behind closed doors and a powerful villain.
Speaker 3: So that Yeah, she was young, by the way, the chap she was, but this tape was twenty sixteen.
Speaker 9: He was forty six. She was twenty nine. Well for home, but not only that.
Speaker 10: Right when you read the documents, they said that Diddy's people controlled her life, the same management team, the same accountants, allegedly, the same people that booked to travel, the same people that got paid her taxes and paid her bills, and you know the same everything what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Can you go down to every call I make, every text I send? What are you talking about? It's not as easy as everybody think it is all the time? Hello, who's this?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 23: This is Latita?
Speaker 27: How are you guys?
Speaker 3: What's your thought on can't good morning?
Speaker 21: First off, I just feel like we're giving so much space to Diddio at this point, like cash it. I hate it for her, you know, looking at Diddy and the situation that happened, I really don't believe that he's sorry because if he's sorry when it came about the beginning, he would have apologized then, right. So the song comes from us knowing that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 15: So is that genuine?
Speaker 21: Like is that authentic?
Speaker 9: Because no, it's not.
Speaker 21: You didn't do it, you know what I mean. It's kind of like when a kid steals the people down in the candid So if they can get out, they're going to get out into it. If they get in trouble, then this and they get a whoop on they get home. You know what I'm saying. It's almost like he's turning from mobile to monster. It's no longer halshtag, no Diddy, It's like halstack mobile to monster at this point because you're forty six when this video surf it well, when it happened, you were forty six. At this point, we can't continue to give someone and even his agee consistent excuse.
Speaker 3: But but you know, but even when y'all say that, when y'all say, when y'all say we're giving him greace, like what is what?
Speaker 9: What do we what are we supposed to do?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 9: What are we the general public supposed to do? Like when you say we giving them great?
Speaker 3: Like, what do you mean?
Speaker 9: What does that mean?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 9: The only thing you can do is call out the behavior and say that is wrong and it's foul.
Speaker 12: Like what that really is?
Speaker 21: All that we can do is more so of the vocal piece behind it. It's really like people in the type of positions standing up and saying.
Speaker 15: That he's wrong.
Speaker 21: I feel like the only ones that's given their advice or given their response to it are those that are not really in the industry like that because they're scared of the back life. They're scared of what's gonna happen to their partnership.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 21: That apology that did he did is solely for sponsorship. That's feel like he's sorry because if he if he wanted help, Yo, you have money for years and years and years you could have been shut out help. You didn't even clin in your apology video. You could have at least cried. If you're gonna put on a show, then put on the show. Because their apology is exactly what it was. It's legit monster mobile. It's from mobile to monster at this point, because that's what he is. He's are monsters. You have daughters, you know, like you kicked trams? You ever see anyone kick money on the ground or to pick it up?
Speaker 29: Right?
Speaker 21: Yeah, someone dropped something that was price you know, priceless on the ground to pick it up.
Speaker 8: No, I wouldn't even but I wouldn't even want them to cry like none of that. Like I don't like fake phony apologies, you know what I'm saying, Like, nah, he did exactly what he should have did. Okay, cool, like apologize like she said for a sponsorship, so whatever partner, you know, he did that for business.
Speaker 3: Like way, he's an idiot to think he still got business, you know what I'm saying. But it's like his team has a bunch of idiots to think that they're still a business. Now there is no business, no business on the sea.
Speaker 8: Did he cry like we not we that's for one, that's not something we go and see. Anyway, I feel like you just shouldn't have said nothing. You know, if what he gave us is what he gave us, and it wasn't an apology to anybody, It wasn't.
Speaker 2: It wasn't to us, It wasn't. It was just because the elite the video got out.
Speaker 10: Well, we would like to tell anybody that's dealing with domestic violence. If you have friends or family members that's dealing with domestic violence and don't know a way out, Uh, there is always the eight hundred number that they can help you, they can guide you, they can get you in a situation which is a lot safer. And the eight hundred number is one eight hundred seventy nine to nine seven two three three again, one eight hundred seven nine to nine seven two three three, or you can text eight eight seven eight eight All right. Uh, I'm just reading some of the stats and there's so many people dealing with them that we never even thinking. They saying on average, nearly twenty people per minute are physically abused by an intimate partner in the United States. So that's a lot of people that are continually dealing with this. So again, if you are dealing with it, you know a family member dealing with it and you're trying to get out and you don't know how.
Speaker 2: The number is eight hundred seventy nine nine seven two three three.
Speaker 24: All right, you news is real, whether it's hilarius, just ca Robin Moore, just don't do no lines, don't do that.
Speaker 4: Till talk.
Speaker 3: Talk world why jes worldwide message.
Speaker 7: On the breakfast clubs.
Speaker 3: She was able to get.
Speaker 25: Y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 2: Could get you to see this time set it off.
Speaker 8: So we know a lot of people have been giving their feedback on what they thought about the video of DIVIDI assault and Cassie and I really wanted to focus on some of these responses. Lounell, the comedian who was reportedly good friends with Kim Porter. She shared her thoughts on the release of the video.
Speaker 33: First of all, y'all will believe when we say that black are the most disrespected, underserved, underbelieved women in society. Diddy had a smack j Lo like that and drug her down the hallway. He'd have been in jail eight years ago. If Diddy had have done that to a snow bunny, he be up under the jail. But the man can do anything.
Speaker 7: They wanted to black.
Speaker 8: Yeah, when I looked up Cassie's ethnicity, it says her mother is black and Mexican.
Speaker 2: Her dad is Filipino. But so she she definitely is part black.
Speaker 3: But he had definitely been in jail, that jail's team would have went to the police immediately, immediately. It wouldn't had no opportunity for him to cover it up. He wouldn't have had no power over jailo the way he had over Cassie in order to cover that situation up.
Speaker 8: Like she said, even if it was a white woman, this would not Diddy would have been short lived, like you know, Slim Thug backman. Cassie originally filed the lawsuit against did He. Slim Thug was openly supportive of did He. He claimed that Cassie fouled the suit for financial gain and said that victim victims shouldn't wait for years to go public with the allegations. He said he was rotting with Diddy until he sees proof because he doesn't believe in blog reports or civil suits. Since the video of Diddy assault and Cassie Cassie in the hotel surface, some Thug shared his thoughts.
Speaker 32: All right, she got her bag, so everything good. But I'm just saying that didn't sound like no abus or victim to me. It sounds like I needed that bag and she got it and everything good. Now she fixed everybody happy now right. I don't know none of that.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I've never been a victim of abuse.
Speaker 32: But I do know that it is scammers out here that just try to grab money from people.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm speaking on.
Speaker 32: All the people who really was abused and how your life was as a victim was hard.
Speaker 7: Have I have sympathy. Now you should call the police and shouldn't wait.
Speaker 3: If you know, you shouldn't be just sitting around.
Speaker 7: You shouldn't be trying to see him up. You should just get the abuser locked up.
Speaker 8: Yeah that wasn't okay. So do we have another audio for him or no? I was just just posted, okayry So this was when he settled? This is when did he settle with Cassie. But this is what slim Thug captioned. This is what he said, damn did he? I tried to ride with the black man who had no charges yet. But I can't stand behind this. I'll take this l but I still will ride with my people until I see some sort of proof. I don't believe in blogs or civil suits. Apologies to Cassie and whoever else was on the right side at this time.
Speaker 3: Something not wrong for that. You're not wrong for being skeptical.
Speaker 8: So waiting you see all contract believe blogs and you know all the time you can't.
Speaker 2: So I so I get what he wasn't totally wrong.
Speaker 9: You shouldn't be an arrested discredit either.
Speaker 8: Yeah, to side, actually take a side, you know, just remain neutral until you see what all comes out with the facts are. But yeah, so that that was that. That was a couple of people. I don't have time to go into other people. But Kelly Price, Bishop td Jakes and doctor Umoar had some things. We won't get to that in the next hour because their responses were interesting as well to me.
Speaker 2: All right, well, thank you Jess with the message. Now Charlamagne, who is giving that donkey?
Speaker 9: Two man?
Speaker 3: We need Sean comes to come in the front of the congregation.
Speaker 9: I don't like to have a.
Speaker 2: Word with them, all right, we'll get to that next, so don't move. It's the breakfast club. Good morning.
Speaker 7: Wait, wake up, Wao. You're like into the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 10: The weight is over, the shy is back on Paramount Plus, and the steaks have never been higher. Battle lines will be drawing, alliances will shift, and danger lies around every corner. Stream new episodes of the hit series from Emmy Win Up, Lean Up Waite with the Paramount Plus, with Showtime Plan.
Speaker 3: Today Time, Damn he hogged. It's time for donkey, I mean trying to beat donkey today. No more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did.
Speaker 9: I'm not making these people do these.
Speaker 2: Days called Donkey of the Day and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 3: Damned Charlamagne who got.
Speaker 2: The donkey out of the day today?
Speaker 3: Wow, old donkey today for Monday, May twentieth goes to Seawn comes. Not just Sean Colmes, but the bad boy is a staff record Label and mother EF and crew. Because y'all been enabling this kind of behavior for a long time, and clearly after watching this apology video and I put apology in air quotes, y'all are still enabling him.
Speaker 9: But let's start from the beginning.
Speaker 3: On Friday afternoon, a video from twenty sixteen was released to CNN and in the video, it shows Seawan Combs viciously attacking and beating his den girlfriend Cassie Ventura.
Speaker 9: Let's go to ABC News for the report, please tonight.
Speaker 34: This disturbing new surveillance video, obtained exclusively by CNN, appears to show Sean Diddy Combs attacking his then girlfriend Cassie Ventura, throwing her to the ground in a hotel elevator bank and then kicking her twice. He then tries to drag her away. The incident appears to support Ventura's claims long denied by Combs from a now settled lawsuit filed last November, stating around March twenty sixteen, at the Intercontinental Hotel in Century City, Los Angeles, mister Combs became extremely intoxicated and punched miss Ventura in the face, giving her a black eye, adding that when she tried to leave the hotel room, Combs followed her into the hallway of the hotel while yelling at her. He grabbed at her and then took glass vases in the hallway and threw them at her, causing glass to crash around them as she ran to the elevator to escape. At the time of the lawsuit, an attorney for Combs stating mister Combs vehemently denies these offensive and outrageous allegations. Ventura and Combs settled for an undisclosed amount today. An attorney for Ventura responding to the surveillance video, stating, the gut wrenching video has only further confirmed the disturbing and predatory behavior of mister Combe's.
Speaker 3: When I saw that video, I was disgusted and disappointed, like did he need his ass beat? Like I wish Cassie would have had a gun on her and would have shot him right there on the spot. That's my initial reaction because that's how I always feel when I see situations like this. And then there's just like this weird sense of grief because it is Diddy, right. Diddy is a hip hop hero. He's an ordinary person who did extraordinary things to sit here and act like the man wasn't a huge part of our upbringing.
Speaker 9: Is a damn lie.
Speaker 3: So this weird sense of grief like another one of our heroes has ruined their legacy and it's their own fault because the poor choice is a lot of different emotions. But then yesterday Seawan cons decided to apologize for what we saw in that video.
Speaker 9: Can we listen?
Speaker 27: It's so difficult to reflect on the darkest times in your life. Sometimes you gotta do that. I was fucked up, I mean, I hit rock bottom that. I make no excuses my behavior on that video. It's inexcusable. I take full responsibility for my ashes in that video.
Speaker 7: I'm disgusted.
Speaker 27: I was disgusted then when I did it. I'm disgusting now. I went and I saw that professional help out of going to therapy, going to rehab, had to ask God for his mercy and grace. I'm so sorry, but I'm committed to be a better managin every day. I'm not asking for forgiveness. I'm truly sorry.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: When I first watched that video, I said to myself, Negro, please, okay, he's not sorry.
Speaker 9: He's sorry that video leaked, and he's sorry he got caught.
Speaker 15: See.
Speaker 3: Up until that video being released, Sean Colmes was denying everything. Seawn Cohn's put out a press release. They put out a press release him and his team that said, for the last couple of weeks, I've sat silently and watched people try to assassinate my character, destroy my reputation, and my legacy. Sickening allegations have been made against me by individuals looking for a quick payday. Let me be absolutely clear, I did not do any of the awful things being alleged.
Speaker 9: I will fight for my name, my family, and for the truth.
Speaker 3: His lawyer has been streaming since all these allegations have come out that this is a witch hunt. Diddy is innocent and these people are looking for a quick payday. You let your son put out that weak ass record, pick a side turning the FBI, basically telling people keep that same energy when the smoke clears, Diddy, you posted on your page Time tells all. Yes, it does, sir, and it has told us that you are a liar. Okay, this is what I mean when I say people wake up every day and just volunteer lies. Diddy, How are we supposed to believe anything that comes out of your mouth? And furthermore, why should we not believe the rumors of things going in your mouth? When you out here volunteering bold Face Live, you would still be lying to us right now if it was no video. You didn't even apologize to Cassie in the video, nor did you apologize for lying that you didn't do what you knew you was on tape doing so who was this apology for. I'll tell you who it was for. Diddy's ego, Diddy's brand. Diddy and his handlers are looking at this all wrong. You're trying to salvage his professional career. Let me be the first to tell you that's a rap. Okay, you can't take away nothing did he has done professionally. Those records stand. You can't rewrite history. But diddo, But Diddy, your model was forever, can't stop, won't stop.
Speaker 9: It's time to stop, okay, because it has stopped.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 3: There's nothing else for you to do other than deal with the consequences of your actions. I don't even know what all the actions are, but you do. You can't run from yourself. You was trying to the last few weeks to run from yourself. Hell, you knew this tape existed since twenty sixteen, so you've actually been running from yourself for years. I don't care how many times you change your name. I don't care how many times you tell us you change in your frequency. That's the pology in life will always be changed behavior. You can't tell us your behavior is changed. Went up until yesterday, you were still willing to lie to the people about who you are and what you have done. Diddy shouldn't be worried about the general public right now. In fact, you shouldn't worry about the general public ever again, because that's over. The trust is gone. Thought I told you that we won't stop. You must have been talking about lying to yourself, because that's the only reason you would still keep any of this going.
Speaker 9: What's the same.
Speaker 3: Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever to repair. Diddy, you fifty four. Okay, you don't have forever. So while you're still here, you need to be focusing on repairing your soul. You need to be focusing on whatever damage you have caused your lineage, your family, and other people.
Speaker 9: If you and your team are.
Speaker 3: Still sitting around trying to figure out how to keep the business going, if you're sitting around worrying about your professional life more than your personal life, then you just need to do us all the biggest favor and turn yourself in for who knows whatever other crime you have committed that we don't know about. Because you can't play with God. Okay, you can lie to your family, you can lie to the general public, but you can lie to God and you can't lie to yourself.
Speaker 7: And you know better.
Speaker 3: What happens when you know better but still don't choose better. You experiencing that right now, Sean. You was forty six in that video that we saw. You knew better, but you chose not to do better.
Speaker 9: And guess what.
Speaker 3: You can't run from yourself, Shawn Comes. You've been running for yourself for a long time. That's why you keep changing your name. The drugs, the money, the liquor, the women, the NonStop party. That's all you running from yourself. But now all that has come to an end. And if it hasn't it better? Okay, you can't just keep changing the top layer. You gotta do some real internal work. And you have all the money, all the resources to have access to the best everything. Stop spending the money and using the resources to attempt to cover up your lives, and start using the money and the resources to deal with your truth. Please give Sean Combs the biggest you are. Mmmm mmmmm, I'm proud of you. Okay, that was really nicely written. I say thank you you.
Speaker 2: Proud that was really good.
Speaker 9: I'm proud of you. Too, I love you.
Speaker 3: You're pregnant.
Speaker 2: All right, this is weird one of me, a clown and a flesh all day, all day.
Speaker 10: All right, well, thank you for that, donkey to day. Now when we come back, let's open back, let's open back up. The phone lines. I mean, the phone lines haven't start stop ringing. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 9: I mean, people feel away. You can you can't sit here and act like this just brings out one emotion.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're disgusted and you're disappointed watching a man do that to another woman, But then you also there's god, I feel like a sense of grief, like a.
Speaker 9: Grief almost like grief.
Speaker 3: It's like, damn, that's Diddy, like another one of our you know, heroes in this thing, just ruin that legacy because of poor choices.
Speaker 9: Just everybody's a terrible person.
Speaker 10: No, I wouldn't sayverybody's a terrible person, but I know that. I think people need to understand that. You know, although we love these people for the music they put out or their business, we don't know what goes on behind the times. We don't know these people damage, we don't know who they are. That's why I always tell people, Yeah, you can respect them for their business and respect them for them modistry, but don't put these people on such a high pedestyle that you know you look at them differently because they just like everybody else out there.
Speaker 3: But they are ordinary people who did extraordinary things, and we have been incorrected by those extraordinary things and business. Even if you don't want to put them up on the pedaltal. Yeah, that's easy to say. But if you grew up off somebody who provided the soundtrack of your life, you wore their clothes.
Speaker 9: You drink their liquor, you know what I mean. You try to dance like them because you saw it in the total video all that, Like, yes, you're gonna feel.
Speaker 8: But we've also heard so many things through all of this, even if taking shots of Sarak, we heard things, you know, doing a little dance, we've heard we ain't singing all the songs. We've still been hearing things about this man since I was little hearing.
Speaker 2: There's different things. But it ain't like ween you never heard nothing about.
Speaker 3: This man ever before.
Speaker 10: Right, we'll take your calls when we come back. Eight hundred five five one five one, It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 7: Good morning, the breakfast club.
Speaker 10: You're taking your calls just to hear what you guys got to say how you're feeling. Eight hundred five five one five Hello, who's this?
Speaker 15: Hi?
Speaker 2: Hey Toya, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 28: I wanted to talk about what y'all been talking about for two hours, which which is I am up to it. For two hours, I've been talking so bad about Dibby, like he's a monster. One girl calls up and said monks about three times. And my opinion on it is like, he's human. Everybody is human, and this happened almost ten years ago, which I'm not praising what he did or saying that it is right, but at the end of the day, he's a human being.
Speaker 21: And a hundred I.
Speaker 28: Got put up a percentage up of people who get beat up with the Mexican violence, So that means people every day do it as far as men. Women have been through it every day. And it's like now, because we see it or he's a big person, it's like, oh my god, he's the only monster in the world.
Speaker 9: No, that's what I said earlier.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't like to focus on the individual when it comes to situations like this. You got to focus on the issue. The issue is absolutely you know, domestic violence, but it's still it is still diddiot, right, And are we not supposed to talk about it?
Speaker 28: No, I'm I'm not saying that, of course, I mean I love every day, so I was excited about it. But it's the point of like, like even with this whole like I'm like years ago, with the whole Chris Brown situation, we still listen to Chris Brown. We still respect him as a person, and he beats they us and that was like and we physically seen that.
Speaker 3: But you know what Chris Brown didn't do talking about you know what Chris Brown didn't do. Chris Brown didn't lie about the situation. Did He has been lying to us about this situation for weeks for no reason, volunteering the lives for no reason.
Speaker 10: And Chris Brown was a long time ago, but they are still taking it out on Chris Brown to this day.
Speaker 2: Nobody has forgotten.
Speaker 10: Nobody's forgiving Chris Brown to the point where they just forgot it, forgot about it. Every time he tries to do an award show, every time he tries to get an endorsement, every time he done, he tries to go out the country, they bring this back.
Speaker 3: Up, so.
Speaker 2: A long time to start being bulleted. And Chris Brown was young when it happened.
Speaker 28: Yeah, I was saying that when it was like, well he's done, Like he's just done up.
Speaker 25: I know.
Speaker 28: Charla Magne kept saying like, well it's over. Professionally, it's in certain things, but we shouldn't say like I was just again with the Chris Brown.
Speaker 14: It's not.
Speaker 3: It wasn't over them, no Chris Brown. Because Chris Brown was also very young when this happened. Did He was forty six years old and this happened, and once again, up until this video came out, did he was lying to us so professionally, I don't care about nothing did he got going on? And I don't think anybody else will either. He needs to only be worried about his personal life. He needs to worry about getting his soul right. He needs to worry about repairing his the lineage and the damage he's done to his family. Anything else don't matter.
Speaker 2: And listen, it was over for Chris Brown for a while. It's just it's a time fra him.
Speaker 8: No, it was, you know, I get exactly how she feels and what she's saying, like you said, it's important not to just focus on the person but the problem at hand. But it was over for a long time for Chris, you know what I mean. So only time we'll tell with this situation. But like you said, the difference is niggas is line like line about it.
Speaker 2: You know, I didn't do this, this for a money play and still have no sympathy for his victims.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this? This is Brian? Brian, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 21: My thoughts.
Speaker 5: I don't agree with anything that Diddy did, and he covered everything up and I believe it's a work behavior his handlers.
Speaker 15: He's seen them do it.
Speaker 5: It's like when you become a king, almost.
Speaker 4: But the most.
Speaker 5: Suspicious thing out of all that is that they released this video on the same day that this white golfer police officers through a barricade and they have no video of back.
Speaker 15: But then they dropped the vidico bitty beaten cats and my.
Speaker 9: Brother from the A four three.
Speaker 3: We got to stop with these kind of copra, Like I promise you, that's just not that there's a lot going on in the world.
Speaker 9: It's billions of people on this planet.
Speaker 3: There's always something going on. And we live in a world that celebrity and selaciousness will trump all. So this white golfer doing whatever pales in comparison to one of the biggest stars in the world getting a video set to CNN of him beating up on another celebrity.
Speaker 10: Eight hundred five eighty five one five one. And I was curious to see how did the video get leaked this weekend? But how come it never got released in years? I mean, like you said, it happened with eight years ago. The fact, like, how did they get released? Who had that video that long?
Speaker 3: They went to search the second house after King Colembs put that, go search the second house.
Speaker 9: They went to search and it.
Speaker 3: Was right there with to say, damn it man.
Speaker 10: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Were opening up the phone lines.
Speaker 2: We're talking about Diddy, domestic violence.
Speaker 3: Call us up now. It's the Breakfast Cloak the morning.
Speaker 2: Warning everybody, it's the ej Envy Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. If you're just joining us.
Speaker 10: Charlemagne gave Donkey of the Day to Diddy, Seawn Combs, Sean Combs, love whatever you want to call them, and we're just taking your phone calls. Eight hundred five A five.
Speaker 3: One oh five one.
Speaker 7: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 29: This is he?
Speaker 22: Good morning, y'all, Good morning.
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts? We would have hear from you this morning?
Speaker 22: My thoughts on I really want to piggyback on what Charlotte said on his Donkey post. I feel like everybody is looking at their hero being destroyed, you know, growing up, like you said, all the music and you just feel kind of bad. But I think we got to understand that a lot of these users are somebody's hero, and it doesn't mean that they are John Redemption. For instance, my abuser was my child's father. I had to figure out how to deal with him, and I don't think that our relationship but he at the level that it is now if he hadn't put in the work to improve himself and understand what the issues were with him, we have a wonderful relationship now and it's a lot of work and a lot of forgiveness on both parts. So just spen in mind that, like you said, people are humans, they are prone to making mistakes. There's somebody's heroes, nobody's beyond redemption. But that he's definitely going to have to eat this throw right now and deal with it, and hopefully going forward, maybe we can see some signs of a human being and a real man absolutely obviously got some type of trauma.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, the redemption don't have nothing to do with us, though. I don't want us to be looking at it like we're expecting him to make some type of comeback and it's going to be a comeback album, man. No, No, the redemption is just him as a man, as a human, like he got to worry about his family, lining and his kids, like.
Speaker 9: He got to break that generational curse for himself forget us.
Speaker 10: Right, And I hate the way that sometimes we look at celebrities, right, Like you say hero and I hate that term, right. And the reason I hate that term is a lot of people do look at celebrities as heroes, and the problem with that is they follow everything that that their favorite celebrity does, whether it's what they eat, what they do, what they endorse and all this stuff. And I hate it because it's like, at the end of the day, yeah, I respect his artistry, I respect him as a businessman, and I love the fact that he's done for our community.
Speaker 2: But he's not my hero.
Speaker 10: He's not somebody I grew up and it's like, I want to be like Diddy, And somebody can say I want to, you know, be in business like Diddy, But to be that thing, it's not the same thing.
Speaker 3: Heroes, heroes not The secure definition of a hero is an ordinary person who does extraordinary things. So we watch the extraordinary thing somebody like Diddy has done and you're inspired by I mean, guess what. Regardless of what he does in his personal life, his professional life has inspired a lot of people. There's a lot of people who are successful because of Diddy's professional life, following his blueprint. That doesn't change.
Speaker 10: But when you say hero, it's people look up to these celebrities and want to be exactly like these celebrities, and that because we.
Speaker 3: Don't know, you know what, you can't be.
Speaker 10: You can't want to be somebody that you don't know about. You only see what they want to show you listen. So if you want to show the business size and the fact that he's a billionaire, okay, cool.
Speaker 2: But I never wanted to be like this, just like I wanted to be like just like you never wanted to be like I never I want to be like my dad.
Speaker 9: Well, there's plenty of people who want to be like Michael Jordan.
Speaker 2: I wanted to be like basketball like Michael.
Speaker 3: It's the same difference. It is not we don't know these people personally that ever want to be them personally, So everything they show us is on a professional level. So that's why they could do be like bike commercials. Because I want to be like Mike when it comes to basketball. I want to be like Diddy when it comes to business. I want to be like a businessman Kyler, Perry jay Z when it comes to business.
Speaker 8: I felt like back in the day, it was more so like you know, the level of celebrity was way more valuable and way more untouchable. I feel like we know too much about celebrities today to even have that heroic sense of them. Like I remember, like I wanted to be like Michael Jackson growing up. I know I couldn't dance like him, but I honestly I looked at him as a hero, Michael Jackson. And then I looked at Beyonce. Growing up, I looked at you know, like Brandy Tony Braxton. Yeah, I did idolize these people but that's.
Speaker 3: Me not really.
Speaker 2: I was young. I didn't know any better.
Speaker 8: Like, dang, these are real people, just like my mom my, aunts, my cousins, you know what I'm saying. Then I grew up and then now celebrities these days, they show us so much of them.
Speaker 9: It don't look unattainable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, look, who.
Speaker 8: Would have known you know that Will and Jada was going through all that they were going through because they were goals for people for a long time.
Speaker 2: Then who would have known that Brian McKnight was going through your parents to look up at?
Speaker 10: Would you want your son to look at one of these celebrities as a hero right now?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 8: No, no, Like, because he loves NB a Young Boy, he loves you know, but we know so much more about NB a Young Boy now than him just being a rapper, and it's not all lyrics, like he really be living the way he raps.
Speaker 3: People that I'm sure that he's going to start looking into that he's going to be inspired by absolutely here. Literally, a hero is just the ordinary person who has done extraordinary things.
Speaker 9: We don't know these people personally.
Speaker 3: We know their professional lives and what they present to us professionally and that's what we aspire to.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yeah, business wise, Yeah, but we got justin mess coming up what we're talking about.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, yeah, So again more did he Kodak Black's lawyer said something interesting, but Kelly Price on the situation, Bishop td Jake's on the situation, and doctor omartin interesting things to say.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get to that. Nextus to Breakfast s Lovegal Morning the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Stress, anxiety, and diet play a major role when it comes to the health for your heart and what you don't know when it comes to the condition.
Speaker 25: People in the video, and we all have the capacity if we allow ourselves to go to a dark enough place to do some very horrible things. I don't stand with anything that is criminal. None of us can unsee what we saw. For those of you who got what I was trying to say, I don't need the cloud, I simply said to him, because I believed that he would hear it. I was pretty much telling him, do the soul work. For those of you who tried to make it that, do what you got to do to make your life feel important.
Speaker 3: I don't need to do those things.
Speaker 25: I actually do real things that leave a mark in this world, which is the reason why you actually know my name while you're trying to drag me.
Speaker 9: Man if y'all, don't.
Speaker 3: Let Christians christians. That's what Christians do and they will continue to do that. People who are Christians pray for folks who have killed their family members, seeing time after time, that's what they do, and they believe in the redempt the power of God. Let Christians be Christians.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I think that.
Speaker 8: And then like you can, you can pray for both basically like she was saying, like she's praying that he does the.
Speaker 3: Work, like do the soul work. And didn't we want that, yeah, exactly, like we want him to never hurt nobody.
Speaker 2: Nobody else, you know.
Speaker 8: So, And who's to say she didn't just because she didn't publicly put it out there that she's praying for Cassie and other other victims. You know, we just can't but the in and out of hey, you just all type thinking, all types of things.
Speaker 3: Bishop Pokey, your left foot in, put your left foot out, put your right foot in, put your right foot out.
Speaker 9: But both of them men shake them all about.
Speaker 8: You better figure it out, stupid, stupid Bishop td Jake's uh, he was. He was even moved to address the domestic violence and his sermon this Sunday.
Speaker 11: As a father and as a husband and as a son, when I saw the images that have been floating all over the news all week, it became difficult to watch their process degrading, demeaning, debauchery.
Speaker 7: I know who it was, but I saw my daughters and.
Speaker 11: It made me angry, and I thought, if it affected me like that as a man, how much more is that that image a trigger for women?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 11: Who have been through that, who are currently going through that, who are in the middle of that, who filled trapped?
Speaker 2: I always always wonder with somebody like passing TDJS, who him and did he were friends?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 8: They were friends, and then they actually were about to go into a partnership. In twenty twenty one, they had teamed up to bring a sermon series to Revolt, which is obviously not happening.
Speaker 3: But they did that though he did I thought at one point they were playing a bit TDJ sermons on Revote on the show Wow.
Speaker 10: But if that is anymore, if that's your friend, right, and you stick with your friend through they can thin and bad enough, I wonder what their conversations are like, yeah, like you know, come here and let's let's heal yourself. Bro, Let's let's get to the bottom of it. Or do we just talk about it in the sermon. I'm just curious to because there's a lot of people that are.
Speaker 3: That sermon wasn't about Diddy. What he said was absolutely true. You got to think that video came out on CNN, but do you know how many people were probably triggered by that video? So bit sh tdjs prayed for, you know, women who are going through that, women who have gone through that, women who have been triggered by that video.
Speaker 9: That wasn't nothing about Diddy.
Speaker 8: No, it wasn't nothing about Diddy, but its surfaced because of that, uh, that video because it was it triggered some of his congregation because it was a woman that he said came up to him while he was on his way into the church and said, can you just pray for women that are being abused and that are scared and trapped and you know, in their households they feel you know, And he said the way that she spoke to him and said that he can tell that she had maybe been going through something like that.
Speaker 2: You know and that all comes from the triggering of seeing that video.
Speaker 9: And he said he saw the video himself. Yeah, he said that on the pole. But yesterday he.
Speaker 2: Didn't say he wanted to with nobody.
Speaker 13: Damn.
Speaker 3: TJ said he didn't. Yeah, he did say.
Speaker 9: He did say he saw his daughters doing that.
Speaker 2: He was upset, and he said he was angry about three times.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 8: Doctor Umar Johnson also shared this theory about how Diddy would get around his downfall.
Speaker 2: There's no audio, but he said, I'm going to give this.
Speaker 8: I'm not going to give this too much energy, as we had far more important issues to address and what happened ten years ago. However, this isn't the end for Diddy. Td Jake's will help him set up his own mega church. He will be saved and baptized and will probably make more money as a pole pit pimp than he ever has as a mogile. Puffy will rise from the ashes hashtag born again now visual.
Speaker 3: Td J said he will kick doctor Umar as if doctor keep lying on him and connecting him and Diddy together talk about you can help him build a mega church. He did say that, he told you that.
Speaker 9: No, he said that on the damn.
Speaker 2: But what Okay, so doctor Umar like beeping with TDJ something that's just.
Speaker 3: A doctor Umar Jonathan conspiracy theory. That's what he feels like it's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Well, what do y'all think y'all think that can happen? Mega Church?
Speaker 8: Yeah, what were we talking about here? That'll be weird and stupid. But okay, yep, that's that's with the mess.
Speaker 2: But today, well, thank you Jess. All right now when we come back with.
Speaker 9: That, can I tell people too?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 3: My book comes out tomorrow, Get Honest or Die Line? Watch Small Talk Stuck to My third book will be in bookstores everywhere tomorrow, and uh, we're kicking it off by you can you can go to ctgbook dot com right now the pre order and autograph book plate edition of Get Honest.
Speaker 7: Or Die Line?
Speaker 3: And I'm doing a virtual live signing on tomorrow at seven pm Eastern. You can go to ctgbook dot com to join. It'll be me and my good the Good Sister Nilas Simon, my niece Shill be moderating the event.
Speaker 2: Okay, nice, Yes, I thought we was gonna get a day with out of that.
Speaker 3: Well, but come on, Tomorrow're about to get it a lot, okay, and we'll be on the View this week and a bunch of other stuff.
Speaker 9: Yes, so be prepared to be sick of me.
Speaker 7: You're going to be on today.
Speaker 9: I've been on the View before a couple of times. I'm on the View Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well when we come back, we got the mix.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Ho's the Breakfast local one. You're checking out the Breakfast Club Curiosa a mad Max Saga slams in the Theatre's Memorial Day weekend witness Mastermind George Miller's epic Battle for the Wasteland, starring and your Tailor Joy as Fierrosa and Chris Hemsworth, and the wildest role yet as the Warlord Dementius. Your tickets now only in theaters May twenty fourth, Rate it Off Morning.
Speaker 10: Everybody is dj n V, Jess, Larry Charlamage, the guy. We are the Breakfast Club now, Jes. You out in Charlotte this weekend?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 2: They said you killed it?
Speaker 8: I would Yes, I definitely was out in Charlotte. Shout out to Charlotte this weekend. I will be in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for the first time at the m privy to shows Friday and to show Saturday. I did not even know that it was black people that lived in Milwaukee, So like a year ago, I.
Speaker 2: Was like, and Milwaukee's done, yeah, and that's what's up.
Speaker 8: So and then Donnald orwlans he shouted out the club and told me that that's one of the best clubs he's ever been to. So improv I will be there, like I said, this Friday and Saturday. Get your tickets at just Hilarious official dot com.
Speaker 3: Loose to everybody that listens to us in Milwaukee on V one hundred point seven. That is the first radio station to ever syndicate the break Breakfast Club. And so salute everybody one hundred point seven.
Speaker 7: Barey, I miss you.
Speaker 2: What's up badly?
Speaker 3: Okay, I know, Barey not the PD there no more, but salute to Bailey always.
Speaker 2: All right, And when we come back, we got the positive notice the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning, Everybody's j.
Speaker 3: N V, Jess Hilarios, Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Now tomorrow Charlamagne, Get Honest or Die Lion.
Speaker 3: Yeah tomorrow, Yeah, get honest. A die line comes out tomorrow. It's my third book, Get Honest a die Line Why Small Talk Sucks, and I will be doing a live signing with Premiere Books tomorrow at seven pm. You just go to ctgbook dot com and you can get you can pre order an autograph book plate edition of Get hon Us or Die Line. I mean people have been pre ordering it, but tomorrow the book will actually be out, So you can get an autographed book plate edition of Get Honest or Die Line. Just go to ctgbook dot com and I'll be doing a virtual live signing tomorrow at seven pm Eastern with Nila Nyla Simone. And if you're in New York City on May twenty second, I'll be at the Barnes and Noble on Fifth Avenue at one pm, and then I'll be at the Barnes and Noble in Paramus, New Jersey at five pm. And on the twenty third, at seven pm, I'll be in Philadelphia at Green Street Friends School with Uncle.
Speaker 9: Bobby's Coffee and Books.
Speaker 3: And then this Saturday, I'll be in a Coral Gables, Florida at Books and Books at two pm. So a lot going on this week, man. Just go to Why Smalltalk Sucks dot com for more details and where to get your tickets from. When I come to your city to talk, get on us a dieline why small talk sucks? All right, well you got a positive note, yes, in the positive note is simply this, you can lie to anyone else in the world, but you can't lie to yourself.
Speaker 9: I don't know when people are going to realize that, but have a blessed day.