Speaker 1: The volume. The eighty two game preseason is in the books and is finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at DraftKings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, ods, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine.
Speaker 2: In Connecticut, help.
Speaker 3: Is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothell, Casino w and Resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue ins. See DKG dot co slash b ball for eligibility and depositive restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 1: The playoffs are upun us the best place to watch right there in person. Game Time is an authorized ticket marketplace for playoff basketball, which makes getting playoff tickets even easier and faster. Prices on game time app actually go down closer it gets to tip off with killer last minute deals, all in prices views from your seat, the lords price guarantee game time. Take it the guests work out of buying tickets. Save even more when you choose a section and let game time. Choose to see the lower price guaranteed or game Time will credit one and ten percent of the difference. Take the guests work out of buying playoff basketball tickets with game time. Download the game time aut create an account, use code Nightcap twenty.
Speaker 4: Dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply again.
Speaker 1: Creat an account, Redeem code Nightcap night Cap for twenty dollars off. Download game Time today, last minute tickets, lowest price guaranteed. Hello, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us again for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite on Shannon Sharp. He's your favorite, the guy in the the Leopard roll. He's your favorite number eighty five. He's a rout runner extraordinary. He's a Bengal Ring of Fame honoree. He's a pro bowler. He's an all Pro. He's from Liberty City. He's Chad Ocho Cinco Risotto Johnson. That's him, Ocho Cinco.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you hit that light button. Please please make sure you hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 2: O Jo.
Speaker 1: We're a NI at one point two nine million subs, almost at one point three.
Speaker 2: Boy, we're growing. We're growing. We're growing, We're growing. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thank you, each and every one of you, guys that have watched, that have shared, that have retweeted, that have liked, that have subscribed. O Cho and I and everybody at Nightcap, thank you, sincerely, from the bottom of our hearts. Thank you guys for selling out Shave by Laportier. We're only taking pre orders. We do have stock in We're clearing out all the back orders, and then we're gonna put it up.
Speaker 4: I think tomorrow we're gonna put it back up.
Speaker 1: We're gonna put it back in the chat where you can go ahead, We're gonna pin it at the top of the chat. So thank you guys, and I really really appreciate your patience. Please go follow my media company's page on all platforms. That's shay Shape Media and my clothing company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. My clothing line dropped on Friday, and thank you all all the guys, everybody that's purchased at this point in time. The Nightcap link is panned at the top of the chat. The quantities are limited and they're selling out fast. And to show our appreciation, we've created additional twenty percent off all merch. That's Nightcap merch, that's Club shay Shape Merch, and that's eighty four merch. The discount do apply to everything. Okay, discount does apply to all merch, even my personal clothing line o Jo. It's time for our first segment. Yeah, and it's a news app. Jason Kidds said, the Maths like being the underdog. Kids said, we like the underdog role. We have to be. Boston's been there before. We're just a group of guys that some people say just got put together and we'll play on the playground. It's cool to see this group come together for a short amount of time and believe we got a great group of young men. Kid was thought by some to be on the hot seat in Dallas despite taking the Maths to the Western Conference Finals in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ojo, do you believe the Maths or the underdog?
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, it's hard to say that the Maths of the underdogs. Obviously, I've been panishing to the MAVs throughout the playoffs. They're playing really well with Kyrie and Luca arguably being the best backcourt duo in a very, very long time. I don't see them as underdog. I respect Kid for trying to keep his team humble, trying to keep his players humble.
Speaker 4: Uh, but they are definitely not the underdogs.
Speaker 5: I think it's based on preference as far as basketball fans go. Some will probably pick Boston, some will probably pick, you know, the MAVs as as the better team.
Speaker 4: But you know, based on the odds and what Vegas is.
Speaker 5: Saying, what you think because you you know, but underdog at that's come on now now.
Speaker 1: But but the Boston's been the betting favorite to win the championship all year. They were now let me take that back. They were second behind the Nuggets, then they jumped the Nuggets. The Nuggets run back. So they've been no worse than probably third, all year as the betting favorite, and considering they've been there before, this team has been together, they get a They've been a very good defensive team. They led the league in three point attempts, they led the team in three point makes. They got two outstanding defenders on the on the perimeter, Derek White and Shrew Holliday. Holiday was that additional peach piece that they needed. They can which one through five. That's why they don't really like to trap with double team or try to get the ball out of someone's hand. That's gonna be very interesting to see how this series plays out, because we saw Minnesota didn't want.
Speaker 2: To trap and didn't want to blend and they let Luca play.
Speaker 1: Right, if you let Luca play one on one, you let Kyrie play one on one. But I can understand because Boston has been here before, just two years ago in the in the NBA Finals. Uh another to what two more years of experience. I can understand. I see why they are the favorite. I expect an extended series I don't think it's gonna be a four game series either either.
Speaker 2: Way, O Joe.
Speaker 1: I took Boston at the start of the playoffs. So with that being said, I think I'm gonna just just ride with them. But would I be surprised if the Maverige one know, would I like to see the Maverage win? You know, everybody knows how I feel about Luca, Kyrie, Man Kyle. When Kyrie's on Cleveland, Man, he was sensation. I hated to see it go that. I'd love to see him and Braun stay together and see if they could win more than one. But he needed to leave. He needed to spread his wings and grow, and boy has he's grown. But yes, I can see why Boston is the betting favorite.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, listen, from what I've saw, I love Boston. But when they're all from three, when they're all from three, they're off.
Speaker 4: Luca and Kyrie can do.
Speaker 5: I think they can do a little bit more as opposed to what Jason Tatum and Jaylen Brown could do. Phenomenal players. They play well together, but Kyrie and Luca is special. Kyrie, Kyrie and Luca is special.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: Based off what I've seen so far, and the small symble size of basketball. I've been able to enjoy and watch so far this regular season and postseason.
Speaker 4: I got the MAVs. I got the MAVs, I got.
Speaker 1: The math win, I got the Mass winning man.
Speaker 2: How you how you gonna take the Maths?
Speaker 1: Now you don't bet against him against ok see, you better against him against the timber Wood.
Speaker 4: And now you go ride.
Speaker 5: Listen, listen. I'm because I was. I was Usually I was betting with emotion. I was going with emotion, my love for Shae, Gilgers, Alexander and then obviously Anthony Edwards is like a like a his his his or his personality is similar to that that of mine is very reminiscent of myself when I was playing, you know, the trash talking, the banter. He just he's just a fun guy and he's good at what he does. So that is why I picked the Mass. I was doing, I was going off of emotion. Now I'm using logic and common sense, which is why I'm going with the Math to win this series. I think a lot of people probably won't even agree with me. They probably won't agree, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I can see ojo because like you said, you look at Kyrie, you look at Luca. You got two guys we know on a given night, we saw that two guys go for more than thirty five in the same game. That's the first time that happened in the clothes I gave what since shot with Kobe, So you gotta go way back. You gotta go twenty years the last time that happen. So it's not a normal occurrence. It's not very many guys that can go get you those kinds of those kinds of buckets. We saw who is that Kyrie and Lebron go get forty one piece in a Game five against against the Golden State Warriors. Kyrie is sensational. He pick and chooses. He normally lets Luca get his gets going, knowing that I can get my shot at any time because I really need Luca to get going. Once Luca gets going normally in the first quarter, Kyrie says, Okay, now it's my turn.
Speaker 2: The second quarter, he normally takes it.
Speaker 1: And the things that I love about Luca and I think they played really really well together because it's kind of like j T and JB. They kind of the same guy. They kind of played the same position. I know they left JT maybe the three and and and JB the four or vice versa.
Speaker 2: But they kind of the same, kind of like.
Speaker 1: Luca and Kyrie, both of them are guards. Normally a big and a little play bet together. You saw Kareem Minovski, you saw Coozy and Russell Shaq and Kobe d Wade and Shock. Normally that's how it works. But to see two guards to play like these guys play together, it can go get buckets. We've seen guards backcourts play together, but it's been very few guards that can go get you buckets and abundance like both of these guys can. Both guys can go get your fifty forty fifty points. Both guys can shoot and shoot at you, shoot with great efficiency. But it's gonna be a very interesting series and I can't wait to watch it.
Speaker 2: I just want to see game one.
Speaker 1: You know, everybody's been off for over a week, Ojo, so it's gonna be okay, feeling each other out. We know Boston now that first game is always kind of shad. Indiana had an opportunity to take the first game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I don't, I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 5: The mask will fumble and make the mistakes no that the Pacers did in that first game. And I think if Luca is off to a fast start like he did in game it was a game five like the end everything.
Speaker 4: Oh and he had twenty two in the first quarter.
Speaker 5: And if he if he start off that first game like that and he get any kind of rhythm of any kind of confidence going, boy, it's gonna be a gonna be a long series, gonna be along series, especially if if the Celtics aren't shooting from the field efficiently, especially from three. And I know you said, I know you said, the Celtics have two good perimeter defenders and they don't like the trap, and they don't like the double team and all that stuff. Well, hell, adjustments are going to have to be made because you're playing against two players that you're going to have to trap, that you're going to have the double team. So I would hope they not come in the game with that same ego, not not ego, but you know what I'm saying, just we're gonna stick to what we do and not change based on regards to who we're playing.
Speaker 4: You can't do that.
Speaker 1: They've never they haven't faced two guys like this. What I want to see is the matchup. Do they, oh Jaylen Brown starting off on Luca and then take Holiday and kick him to uh Catterie and then take Dereck Derek well White and have him on PJ.
Speaker 2: Brown, I mean Washington.
Speaker 1: I kind of want to see how how Joe Mizzoula uses lineup because obviously we know Al Horford is gonna deal. He's gonna start with with with Lively, That's where he's gonna go. But it's gonna be interesting to see, uh, well Daniel Gafford to start, So Horford to start on Gafford. Nah, Tatum probably take Dereck Jones. Nah, yeah, I think Tatum and take Dereck Jones. No, take PJ and then there and then uh Derrick White to take dark Jones. I think they start with that and then see how it played, the fleet, how it plays and if Jaylen Brown can keep Luca somewhat under control as long as he's not official show ojo. If he shoots thirty shots and get twenty eight points, I've done right, right, right right, I've done my job. I just can't let him do what he I just can't let him do what they did to Minnesota. He's getting thirty five twenty two shots. Can't let him do that. I can't let him go fix to ten from the three. I can't let him do that. Yeah, but listen, so as long as I keep him somewhat under control. But in the process of keeping him under control, how much does that take out of me?
Speaker 4: I mean, that's the difficult part.
Speaker 5: And then based on what you said, you know, we're not going to change our plan styles, especially when it comes to playing defensively.
Speaker 4: We're not trapping.
Speaker 5: You got Kyrie and you got Luca that can put the ball on the floor and they can create space for themselves.
Speaker 4: They can create their own shot.
Speaker 5: No, if Luca wants to shoot from three, he's going to create the space to be able to shoot the three. If he wants to put the ball on the floor and he wants to drive to the basket, you know he's going to do that. Especially if you go on like that, We're gonna stick to our guns and do what we've been doing the entire regular in postseason and when not changing because these two are supposedly the best in the back court. I mean, if they do do that, I think would be asked, nine, you have to you have to make the adjustments based on who you're playing.
Speaker 1: Presinger's, you know what, Prezingers, that Calf will probably be well, so Al won't start Presingers to start, so to be Daniel Gafford on Prezinga's and then when Prezingers goes out, Al Horford comes in, and so obviously the Biggs will match up that we we know the bigs.
Speaker 2: The Biggs are gonna match up.
Speaker 1: Whoever the bigs are for Dallas will match up with the bigs from Boston, vice versa. The the the interesting thing is how do they deal with Kyrie and Luca. Who's gonna be the matchup? Does Jaylen Brown take that assignment? Because Ojoe, you know, have you ever worked out so hard?
Speaker 2: On Joe?
Speaker 1: You get done working out, you ain't even longer, like I just want to read. I don't even I don't even want nothing. And that's the thing you ask Jaylen Brown, because Luca's gonna make you work lucas Luca is physical enough to play through the contact. The question is the question is early on see how they officiate the game. Do they let them play or do they if they let him play, that favorites Boston because you know, Luca's gonna start looking he's gonna start doing this. He's gonna like wanting the calls. Yeah, and that's what you know, Jason Kidd, that's what Jared Duddle, that's what they try to keep him from doing. Bro, just playing the call. You're gonna get the calls. But we don't want you getting out. We don't want you getting out of getting out of hand to All you're doing is trying to expect calls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just just play ball the call.
Speaker 2: Just play.
Speaker 4: The calls are gonna come. They gonna come. Yep, they gonna come. So I'm I'm I'm anxious to see it.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to I mean, I hate that we we had to wait to damn a whole week.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, before I've been I've been struggling. Listen.
Speaker 5: Soccer is over at the Champions League yesterday. I mean there aren't there. There's hockey on, obviously. I'm watching the Panthers and watching watching Oilers, watching a good friend of mine, conom McDavid, watching him play, watching watching a little bit of baseball. I see the Yankees are playing well, and watching Aaron Judge and they're playing really well and I'm watching.
Speaker 2: But you know it's early.
Speaker 5: He probably Stanton got fourteen, got fourteen home runs so far this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he wound them hamstring and rib cage muscles. He start pulling.
Speaker 5: H Yeah, I mean it's a joy. But obviously the w n B a games man. I'm listening. Hey, hey, hey boy, And I told you, you know, I don't want to get off track. We'll get to that. Go ahead, go ahead, go ahead. I want to get off track because I get to talking. I just don't shut up. Also, Kyrie played in Boston. The fans don't really have a whole lot. Yeah, Persingers played in Dallas. He and Luca.
Speaker 2: That's why he's not in Dallas anymore. There's not a whole lot of love. So that.
Speaker 1: What people need to understand. What I try to get fanned. Yes, wins and losses, it's about yes. Can you tell a story? If you listen to the game, watch how the the announcer try to weave the story, how he tries to tie all together. This is this, This is that sports are. And the greater the story, the more compelling.
Speaker 2: Thing he is.
Speaker 4: And this is a great one. This is a great one.
Speaker 5: Now it's up to Kyrie and it's up to Forzingis to finish how that story is going.
Speaker 4: To end or do matter.
Speaker 5: It don't matter what the commentator has to say. The ending to this story is up to Kyrie and Porzingis, and I think it's going to end in the mass favor.
Speaker 2: All right, we shall see.
Speaker 1: After being fired by the Lakers, Darvin Ham reportedly had an opportunity to join staff of another Western Conference contender. According to Mark Stein, Mark Mike Budenholzer made a run trying to convince him to join his staff after he was hired last month. But Ham understand family pass after two exacting seasons and Lakerland kind he kind of wants to survey. Look, he probably decided what a three year deal for you? Probably three four year deal. So the Lakers gotta pay him at least for another year. He wants a head coaching job. I'm not just gonna jump right back into being an assistem let me survey the land, let me take a year off, who knows what happens, and let hey, if something doesn't materialize next year, then I'll probably be willing to join the staff as a sister a Lah Kenny Atkinson, and we see some of these other guys. Jason Kidd lost his job in what Milwaukee. He ends up joining the staff at the Lakers. He gets another head coaching job. So I think what he excuse me, chat, I think what he wants to do right now o Jo is to kind of let it, let it. I'm not ready to jump back because the Lakers got a baby. Hey, I'll get as another.
Speaker 4: Head coaching job.
Speaker 1: Hey, we gotta offset language will split the difference. I get that, but I just don't want to go. I don't want to, you know, get on the get on, you know, get the Lakers money. And I'm an assistant. Yeah, because I feel they did majority.
Speaker 5: Hey, I understand it, obviously, And I think one thing that fans don't think about is you having to uproot your family, up from your kids. You've been a certain place for two or three years and then obviously things don't work out and you just have to up and leave. I don't blame him for not taking the Sun job, obviously, Phoenix is really not that far from La, but just having to reset and uproot your family, uproot your kids if he does have kids and really start back over. And then I really think like you did say, is he doesn't want to be an assistant coach. He wants to relax, take a year off after you know, not tumultuous seasons with the Lakers. But it didn't pan out the way the way he wanted it to. And hey, we'll see what happens. And one thing about it, the coach and carousel. Everybody knows everybody. Everybody picks everybody.
Speaker 2: Up, what boot holds.
Speaker 4: He was on boodos and staff in Atlanta and in Milwauk.
Speaker 5: I guess he doesn't want to do that. I'm sure he probably will get a coaching job again. I mean, I think I think he did a good job with the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: They probably were a little short, a little short on where they wanted to be or where they.
Speaker 4: Wanted to go.
Speaker 2: That's a job. You can't do good.
Speaker 4: You got to you got to be great. You got to be great.
Speaker 5: And you know what, it also didn't help some of the some of the things the player said, uh in interviews, Yeah, you know, kind to me now.
Speaker 1: Like they were ill prepared. They were ill prepared. They didn't make the property just.
Speaker 4: It'd of throwing your coach under the bus.
Speaker 5: I mean it didn't sit It didn't sit well with me because I'm on the outside looking in, and it's like, damn, you can't really say nothing like that. You got to be more cautious of the words you're using and kind of maybe put the blame on yourself personally, individually and not though you know the man who's running the show up under the bus.
Speaker 1: But you say, look, if you know, if you're not a person that doesn't like to uproot your family, or you don't like the move the three jobs, you don't, you don't join it. You don't join the military because you got your ass move. You don't become a Pentecostal military minister because every seven years your ass on your move.
Speaker 2: And coaching.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen, well, unless you unless you have unless you have a great team, a great squad, and you have a position like a Mike Tomlin or like a position like Bill Belichick had.
Speaker 4: Where you get where you you're you're for.
Speaker 5: Sure and certain you're going to be stationary for a very very long time.
Speaker 4: But the odds that.
Speaker 1: Not like even when you factor in Tom Brady playing twenty three years, even when you packed practical factor in Drew Brees playing eighteen nineteen, or you factor in Peyton Manning the average NFL career year. So even when you fact you factored a Mike Tomlin, you factor in a Coach Belichick, and you factored.
Speaker 2: Coaches eight NFL not for long.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, players and coaches.
Speaker 4: You know they only give you. They only give you coaches.
Speaker 5: They only give coaches three years, and you got three years to turn it around.
Speaker 1: Rashid Walls believed the three oh fourth Pistons would have beaten the twenty sixteen seventeen Golden State Warriors. Draymond disagreed. She we would have smashed y'all. Y'all was scoring seventy two points per game. That's not winning a half and putting you your big guys, your big ass and force every pick and roll. Let's see how you move them feet. That one ring was great, though, big Bro, we all appreciate it.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that, she said. Basically, we would have beat that out of the twenty seventeen Warriors. Twenty seventeen Warriors had KD because the simple fact they couldn't match up with any position. Steph is not a defender. Draymond Tulum.
Speaker 4: How would have how would have? How would have gone?
Speaker 5: I know, I know, listen, she she the dog that she is dog, Yeah, she's a dog. He don't play that he she was also an enforcer. To me is reminiscent. I'm not talking about playing style. I'm talking about the way they played the game like a Matt Barnes like world met a peace like they ain't They ain't play that ship. If for for the lack of better better words, but how do you think that would have win?
Speaker 2: She probably would have got a jacted two games?
Speaker 5: Hey, he stayed listened, he stayed arguing with the ref right, but he could play some ball?
Speaker 4: Though he could play some ball?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, big guy that you had and rang uh I'm taking Look, I'm just not picking against I'm not picking against the Warriors.
Speaker 2: That that that that that Yeah yeah man, they got.
Speaker 1: Well who you had two of the top five players and then being on one roster and neither one of the guys needed the ball, so they were tremendous moving without the off the ball, they gonna shoot?
Speaker 5: Well, what about defense, which you try to beat them up? So so defensively?
Speaker 4: Who who was it? Who was the five? Was she? Who was the other four?
Speaker 2: It was she?
Speaker 1: Ben Wallace, uh Torri and Prince Chauncey and Rip Hamilton.
Speaker 4: Okay, so Rip Rip was the two, right, Rip.
Speaker 1: Was the two, Chauncey was the point, Tayshaw with the three, She the four, Ben the five.
Speaker 5: So they don't have a chance, I'm from from a defensive standpoint, even though those boys get yeah.
Speaker 4: They got a defensive standpoint, I don't think they can score.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, that's what that's what ready to say, because really offensively, you're playing four on five.
Speaker 2: Ben's not gonna get right.
Speaker 5: He's he's a he's a rudy gobred basically, right, Yeah, yeah, all right, it would it would be interesting.
Speaker 4: That would be interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then it goes down to what rules are we playing under.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, you're probably if you played them back then when they were playing, they're gonna let y'all get physical. But in today's game, they can't. They couldn't score enough points. They don't have enough.
Speaker 5: Too many barrels coming to play now, Like you did say, if they were playing like they were playing back then, with that physical style where you get hand check and and and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Things might things might get a little dicey.
Speaker 1: Not Town Prince, not for you, Tawn Prince Prince.
Speaker 2: Uh remember.
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I remember.
Speaker 2: I remember.
Speaker 4: Man, she can shoot too, he can shoot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah yeah, but not nearly enough. I mean, you got Clay, Steph and Ramon. You got three of the greatest shooters of all time on one KD.
Speaker 4: Don't forget now, because that's when I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying KD, k D, step and pass So and you talk about none of the guys need the ball. They're not ball dominant. They moved tremendously well without the ball. Dray Mind you're gonna run your offense through Draymond. Draymond. He they gonna backdoor your Draymond nose where everybody's gonna be to cut and just where you think you're gonna pass it.
Speaker 2: Guess what. He gonna fake the pass and he gonna go lead up with dunk on.
Speaker 4: So and.
Speaker 5: The chat probably Chat probably think the twenty seventeen words would have blew him out too.
Speaker 1: Probably, But you know what, Joe, That's why it's so hard to say twenty years ago, what team I mean, who would have won the eighty five Bears, or of the two thousands or the two thy fifteen. Then I mean, or are you gonna bring those guys in their prime here or are you gonna take the guys and their pride and take them back there?
Speaker 2: Because rules matter? Yeah, rules matter.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna let you're gonna let the eighty five bears be able to knock people out of the game.
Speaker 2: But all that change, es change.
Speaker 4: We got on the completely, yes, completely.
Speaker 1: You can not You can knock the quarterback, and you could drive the you could pile drive the quarterback. You could hit him anywhere except the bottom of your feet. That changes, as it turns out. Kennedy Harder had something to say about Caitlyn Clark after all, Damn, that's funny. You see, you see, you see what you see what you say now when you had an opportunity to talk, she had not to say. But you see what happened them Twitter muscles thumbs, group muscles ship uh. Carter reply replied to a post that included her post Gray Medea re Mark Carter wrote on the thread, and that's the cause beside three point oh, that that cause beside three point shooting? What does she bring to the table well, if that's how you felt, you should have said that last night.
Speaker 4: Why you just said that last night?
Speaker 1: Why you just stepped to the podium when you it was your opportunity. I'm not gonna talk about Caitlyn Clark. If you're not gonna talk about Caitlyn Clark when you have enough, when that's your media obligation, that's your chance.
Speaker 2: Why are you talking about how?
Speaker 5: Remember remember what you're supposed to do? Remember Remember the rules? Now, remember the rules. After a football game, if you lose, what do they tell you to do? Takes take some time and cool off. So she didn't respond until she was cooled off because she might have said something that she might have regretted right after the game.
Speaker 4: You don't think she what what did you see? What she saying?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Caitlyn Clark, don't bring anything with three points? Remember three people to tell you the truth. Drunk kids and angry people. They tell you how they feel about you.
Speaker 2: Your feet.
Speaker 1: She couldn't hold it anymore. She couldn't hold it anymore. She had bitten her tongue. As long as you during the game, Carter was a theft away from the away from the playfile on Clark that she body checked Clark before lea Boston inbound the past.
Speaker 4: Okay, wait a minute, wait a minute before you keep going.
Speaker 5: Now see there was there was a few series, not series, or a few possessions before that. Well, Caitlin Clark was drawing at Machinity down on another end.
Speaker 4: I think we didn't have footage of that last night.
Speaker 5: Remember last night, I said, listen, she didn't just body check her just to be doing it just for nothing. But again, I saw it earlier today A few people had tweeted it out.
Speaker 4: I say, you know what, I knew it.
Speaker 5: I knew something had to be, something had to happen before for her just to do it. She didn't just do it for no reason. So she was jawing at her h a few piaces earlier.
Speaker 1: Ain't nothing wrong with John. I thought you liked that. I thought you liked talking.
Speaker 4: I love you.
Speaker 1: Okay, you jawed and you just standing around and got run up and just hit you in your back. Oh you remember you happened to me. Do you remember how what you call him, Josh Norman? How you remember how Josh Norman tried to.
Speaker 5: Get me out about? Oh yeah, listen, wait a minute. It happened to me. Matter of fact, people that's in the chat that that have that have you know obviously followed my career. There's always a highlight when we were playing Atlanta Falcons. We were playing Atlanta Falcons. The ball wasn't even coming to me, but they were setting the tone. So the play, the play was on the other side of the field.
Speaker 4: What the safety did? Safety came down, man smacked the hell out of me just to set the tone for the game.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, what what we play?
Speaker 4: Football? Basketball?
Speaker 5: I I'm just I'm just saying I see Miss Trinity as an enforcer in a sense. But what I didn't like, what I didn't like last night is Okay, you did what you did. I need the I need the Fever teammates. I need the fever fever teammates and come to her. You gotta do something, just to do something, even if even it's not your mentality to be the enforcing type. You got to protect you. You gotta protect your best player. You gotta protect your star, stand up for your star. If it just just just anything, even if it's not in your nature, you.
Speaker 2: Have to.
Speaker 1: Y'all remember, if you remember, go back and look when Cardoso and Flage Johnson got entangled.
Speaker 2: Haley Van Lift.
Speaker 1: Five foot two, five foot three, came and shoved Cardoso, not that she could do anything. It was the fact, we're not gonna let you do that to our teammates. All of that's that's that's it, that's it. But this notion, Oh that's no, it's not so. If that in the w n b A, what's gonna happen on Joe, let me tell you what's gonna happen now. Now I don't know if you know this know this, but when the Fever played the Sparks, the Feet the Sparks Fever game drew more than a Lakers game.
Speaker 2: You think they drew that? Dumb again?
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Do you realize that in five games, the Fever home games have outdrawn all the games that they played played last year at home? Do you realize that when the Fever the Fever played the Liberty they had a two million dollar game. You think they had a two million dollar gate last year? You think they had a two million dollar gate? Since hey, what's gonna happen? People gonna start to see this for what it is and they're gonna turn it off. Watch what I tell you. Now, I'm telling you. I'm telling you. I ain't telling you what I'm what somebody talking. I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: Wait, hold on, hold on, give it, give it. Give it to me, an in English? Now, give it to me in English.
Speaker 1: People see what they're doing and they're upset about it. There's a reason why the w NBA rent back and assessed a flag grip. So all I want to know next time they play this, Caitlin car get, does she get to shoot two free throws and they get the ball? Because what you did? So what does this do now? So what what changed you had to review? You reviewed it in the game, So why did you need twenty four hours?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: She didn't shove it any harder, She didn't do anything that she hadn't already done. So I just need to know why the w NBA understands. But okay, keep on watch what happened? Why?
Speaker 4: I have a question? Don't is it good? I think?
Speaker 5: How do I say this or not? I think it's good for the game. I think the back and forth is good for the game. It it makes those who don't watch the w n B a it makes them interested. I want to see what's going on, you know, when it hits the media outlets, when it goes on ESPN. Oh, this one is argument, this one said, this is about this one. Okay, Now I want to watch. I want to see what the issues are. I want to see how Caitlin Clark is playing. I want to see what chinny to do when she's playing. And she always liked this.
Speaker 1: It makes the different between back and forth and cheap shots. Okay, yeah, I understand that part for the game. But when they knocked Tom Brady out with that good.
Speaker 4: Point, no no no, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: Why not you love the physicality. I mean, listen what the NFL was bill with physicality.
Speaker 5: And I'm not condoning what she did. I'm not condoning what she did. I'm just saying the back and forth, what you just said it was good for the game, not nassense.
Speaker 4: Not nasense. You know I'm trying to say. I'm just I'm just saying the the.
Speaker 5: The back and forth, and even though you're not supposed to be doing it, coming out saying some of the things you're saying, actually telling the truth, not biting your tongue, it just it just.
Speaker 4: Makes it interesting you.
Speaker 5: I mean my black ass watching I watched three games a day, like it's just like, okay, I want to see.
Speaker 4: What's gonna happen next like that. That's so I don't condone. Did you went on what she did? I'm not saying. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You wasn't looking at no chief shot.
Speaker 4: I said it was the chief sat Night. Yeah, with the chief shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. So that's what.
Speaker 1: So if that's a part of the game, the back and forth, I ain't got no trash talk.
Speaker 4: I like that. I like that part trash like that part like that trash.
Speaker 1: Talking was back and forth. But there's a real look at the ratings in the eighties when they were doing all that foolishness, and look at when they cleaned the game up. Look at the there's a reason that's not what they want to see.
Speaker 2: The people.
Speaker 1: People people like, oh I love. All I know is the ratings keep growing up every year.
Speaker 2: Football. Yeah, all I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying, Yes, I believe you can play physical basketball.
Speaker 4: Without the chief shot, without chea. Yeah, most definitely, most definitely, I believe.
Speaker 2: I just believe. I just believe you can.
Speaker 1: But I think because she's gotten so much attention even before she set one foot in the WNBA. It was just, oh, Joe, you saw it in our sport. There's the reason why they're putting the cap on the rookie scale. The rookie was a rookie quarterback, was about to make one hundred billion and never threw a pass and the vents lost their damn mind. Yeah, this girl probably got This girl probably excuse me, this young woman probably got thirty forty million dollars fifty million in endorsement. Never in the history of the WNBA have we seen anything like it. Instead of saying, you know what, Hey, that's gonna mean, that's gonna be more opportunities for us because she can't do everything, and people are gonna want to tie themselves to the WNBA because the WNBA is growing.
Speaker 2: So this is my opportunity.
Speaker 1: It might not be a million dollars, but hey, if somebody gonna give me a hundred quarter of a bill, that's more than what I was making.
Speaker 5: And all you got to do, and you know they gonna come, all you got to do is handy your bsiness on the court.
Speaker 4: All you got to do is handy a bsiness on the court.
Speaker 1: You knew, you know, everybody can't get a car deal Normally that's gonna be for the quarterback or the next big playing Yeah, well I might not get a Mercedes, but I take a g.
Speaker 4: Might Wrangler.
Speaker 1: But a free but a free car is a free car always. And we know we look at what, look at what the Las Vegas nass, the Chamber of Commerce. Every woman's gonna get a hundred thousands. Now, how long has the Vegas been in there? They never did this before until this year.
Speaker 4: Hey, wait a minute.
Speaker 1: Teams are reaping benefits and don't even know the reason why.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, you bore, we gotta go when you when you get to Vegas, I'm going a couple of con Let's.
Speaker 4: Go to a Las Vegas game. Man, I am what you mean?
Speaker 5: I am what do you want? You an't gonna you ain't gonna invite me. I want to say we can sit courtside. I got I got me an agent Wilson Jersey. I get autograph and stuff.
Speaker 1: Man, lead up women alone, that got tired to be autograph in no Jersey.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm a fan of the game.
Speaker 5: Now I'm getting everybody on the ground, everybody I need buy everybody. I want shoes and all because I'm from the arm Hey, when when I when I finished, when I finished the game room, I'm gonna have an NFL section with my NFL partners, I'm gonna have a section for my soccer people, and I'm gonna have a section from NBA homies. Then I'm gonna have a w n B A shrine as well, with shoes and jerseys and stuff signed by everybody.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, guys, oh your people in the chance for about she only shooting, She's shooting this from the floor.
Speaker 4: She only had how many points she had to night? She had three points?
Speaker 1: Did you not hear what Dedana Tarossi said, She's gonna struggle, There's gonna be an adjustment, there's going to be a learning curve. But who thought that she was gonna Who thought that she was gonna come in and average thirty one and eight like she did in college. Nobody, Diana Tarassi and people thought it was eighty. She just said, no, there's a learning curve that you must go through because you go from playing against eight seventeen eighteen that women.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but this is just you ain't paying for bait. Was listen, this is just her first bag game. Yeah, your first bag game.
Speaker 1: She's had a couple. She's had a couple, I mean, but now you're her. She only had three points. Oh Joe, you lu gotta remember she's the all time leading score She led the nation and scored at over thirty points a game. So naturally, it's just when a quarterback comes out, he's the first pick and he had an outstanding season.
Speaker 2: What do they think he's gonna come and you exactly what he did.
Speaker 4: That's not the way it worked.
Speaker 1: And when it doesn't happen, man, he ain't no good, bro. There's a learning curve. Look at Peyton. Everybody doesn't come in and be like c. J.
Speaker 2: Stroud.
Speaker 1: There are more guys that come in and be like yeah Manning or be like some of the other grades that struggle in their rookie season before they figure it out, before the game starts to slow down, it'll slow down. She's too good of a score, she's too good and other things. She can pass the ball we've never seen. These young ladies aren't used to play with someone that a half inch.
Speaker 2: She can get you the ball, so they're not used to that.
Speaker 1: Once they understand the trajectory and the pace of her passes. It's gonna be okay. But I'm not surprised that she's struggling. I thought she would struggle. She's not. She's not like Candice. She's not six four, so she's not over powered, right, But first year I expected a struggle. She'll get she'll put on a little way, she'll get stronger, she'll get the gym, get a little stronger, she'll understand how to play through contact. She'll be fad, she'll be fine. But I don't I would have known the person that thought, oh, she gonna come in average thirty and what lee? Yeah, them grown women?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: If anybody from the Las Vegas Aces sees this, anybody from the Atlanta Dream, Chicago Sky, Indiana Fever, I'm putting a picture out there now when I do come into town, I would like autographs.
Speaker 4: I like pictures.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure how much much tickets are, but I'm willing to pay what I can as long as it doesn't go over my budget. And I'm just I'm just throwing it out there in case you are wanted to send me.
Speaker 1: Seven Carter got fine media they find, they find.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta you gotta talk to the media. That's a part of yo.
Speaker 4: I ain't.
Speaker 1: And the Sky got fined. The team got fined five thousand, She got fined one thousand. Uh, Angel Reese got fined a thousand because I guess you blew off of media obligation as well. Right, yes, all, I'm saying what she tweeted. She could have said that in the media.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, you got, you got if you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna stand on business, standing on that, you got your dog, you goot your girls, you ride for them girls say that. Just go up there and say after the game, besides three point shot, what does Caitlin Clark bring to the game? Say that if you want to say, she said something to me. I felt like she took an l swing at me on the other end. That's why I helped check that say that, Yeah, why you waiting?
Speaker 4: Why do you wait? And you get on social media? You see how that courage is.
Speaker 1: You see when you behind that screen as opposed to having to face to music.
Speaker 4: You got you gotta calm down.
Speaker 5: And then obviously if you said it in front of reporters, then the reporters. Now you got to deal with the Q and a back and forth and just just oh Joe, she said it.
Speaker 4: So what let me ask your question the next game? What you think they're gonna ask them?
Speaker 2: I gonna give you.
Speaker 1: I'll get Okay, here's Jeffardy, Oh Joe for five in the next game the sky play. What is the first question or one of the first two questions? Do you think they asked? Shennity Carter?
Speaker 5: But I would hope, I would hope the focus the focal point on the question that they do ask in the game.
Speaker 2: Ain't what you asked you a hope? I asked you? What is the question? Now?
Speaker 4: What you hope?
Speaker 2: What is the question.
Speaker 4: About the hip check?
Speaker 5: Hey, you really think that they if you think you think the media will continue to go back to something that happened two games ago after this played, the played a new team and not let bygones.
Speaker 2: Question you think they're gonna ask you?
Speaker 1: Do you feel that the only thing that Caitlyn Carr brings to the w a beer three point? Oh?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: Now that that they might go there, Hey, that ain't gonna be pretty. Though, that ain't gonna be pretty. She lies, she live, she live report out. So we just won a game. She might you know what she gonna do if she had these have a good media training. You bring it back to the game that you just played, of the game that you just won.
Speaker 4: How long?
Speaker 1: How long is this young lady? Prior to tonight? Have you ever heard of this young lady's name?
Speaker 4: What you got to understand now?
Speaker 1: I must watch the WB oh Jo, we gotta we gotta get away from this, I hope, and you got to understand. I'm asking you prior to last night, had you ever heard of this young lady's name?
Speaker 5: It's no, I know the superstars, that's all. I'm getting a little better, though, I'm getting a little better. I can tell you about sixteen.
Speaker 1: Had Let me ask you a question. Has she not help check Caitlyn Clark? Would you still know who this young lady is? Unfortunately, no, sir, has she hip checked anybody else other than Caitlyn Clark?
Speaker 2: Would you know who this lady is? Not?
Speaker 4: Unless it hit the meet the news, I wouldn't heard a thing.
Speaker 2: That just goes.
Speaker 5: Don't like the way I don't like the way you said that. Now I feel I feel bad. Keep it real bad.
Speaker 4: It's just it's just real, O, Joe. I mean, I don't. I don't. It is what it is.
Speaker 2: You are. You understand how this thing works.
Speaker 1: You can be good at any game if you understand the rules and how to bear the game right.
Speaker 5: Well, I know who Tnnity card is now, and we god damn ball out because I'm watching now, Mss Caitlin Clark, I know who he is.
Speaker 2: But catch a game. I will catch you.
Speaker 4: Well, I will catch you a game.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go to the game. We'll go to a week. Get gone, I'm.
Speaker 4: Gone, I'm gone. I'm hold up.
Speaker 5: He we should hold up a sign at the game. No, we told up a sign. That's that's what fans.
Speaker 2: Ok, Joe, how about this here there? And this is what I like. I was talking to somebody else. Let's go, girls, let's go.
Speaker 1: They were like, at this point in time in your life, if you're a professional athlete or you someone.
Speaker 2: Of subs, how about we act our wage.
Speaker 5: No, No, what we're gonna do is is we're gonna submerge ourself as fans of the w n b A and do like the rest of the fan do. And we're gonna make a goddamn sign and go to the game and hold it up.
Speaker 2: How many how many fans sit courtsie.
Speaker 4: Let me see the demensions of how many.
Speaker 1: How many time you seen somebody with how many time you seen somebody courtside with a fan or the.
Speaker 2: Face sign or the shirt off? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh ship?
Speaker 5: Oh so that you just said you want to be like, we can't we could do we can get it first.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 5: No, you're gonna do it too. I'm gonna bring a sign for you too. And listen when we go to the Las Vegas game.
Speaker 2: I've learned my lesson.
Speaker 5: Hey, hello, hello, Hello. What color the Las Vegas black? And black and silver?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: They're definitely black.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what the other. Uh is it red? It's like a it's not. I don't think it's silver. I think it's Okay.
Speaker 4: That's what we're gonna do. We're gonna paint our face one.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna paint mine black, and you paint your your face one side the other color of aces you.
Speaker 2: No, I'm glad.
Speaker 4: You boo you boogie man, come home man, I'm good to give you. Gotta get in the spirits.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I'm not that do I do?
Speaker 2: I love rooting and cheering on the team that I'm rooting for.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, But I've never been one of no guiy that and iron my fans, and I tell I tell fans this all the time.
Speaker 2: I take my head off to you.
Speaker 1: Well, if that ain't seventy five and sunny, Shannon Sharp ain't sitting his ass out side hell to that unless it's my brother, it's my brother, my dad, my uncle, somebody like that. I got a best friend that I went to college.
Speaker 2: Way that we cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but people I don't know, Oh y'all, no, man, You see that weather in Kansas City. People lost limbs, people had to get fingers and toes.
Speaker 2: Had the table.
Speaker 1: Hey y'all, No, in the rain, in the snow like oh no, oh Joe, I can feel.
Speaker 4: I take my hat off if I have to.
Speaker 2: We had that, we had that, that is, I take my hat off to you because I ain't no wear in hell I did.
Speaker 1: I sat in the cold one time, my brother in Green Baby in Green Bay.
Speaker 4: Hold on, it was it December. Oh yeah, you better than me?
Speaker 2: You bet you?
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, you better than me.
Speaker 2: You know it's cold when beer freeze in the cup.
Speaker 4: Hey, boy, you better than me?
Speaker 1: And I went oh Joe, I went home. I got home Lord one on four to sixty eight. Damn fever.
Speaker 4: What's looking at the score? I looking at this called bad? Who's who had one O four?
Speaker 2: The Liberty a.
Speaker 4: Whole lot to a few that demnt he got me by thirty. Liberty is New York, right, New York.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Yeah they're nice they matter of fact, I'm gonna go watch the game too.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact.
Speaker 1: We hit.
Speaker 2: But they got a nice squad.
Speaker 1: You know they got they got a steet, They got a John quill Jones who's been an f v P van der Sloot has led the league in assists number of times. A next school they got, they got a deep squad. Ain't they played? They lost the championship to.
Speaker 5: The whos to ROSSI played fun the Mercury Phoenix by she was a boy. She was on fire tonight.
Speaker 2: You cook it to night.
Speaker 5: She was on fire tonight. Matter of fact, boom. We can hit like multiple games all at once. We get we could work our way. We canna start on the East coast and work our way up west. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Angel Rees was fine for making for failing to make herself available for me. The interviews mentioned that, and the Sky was fined five thousand for failing to ensure that all players can comply.
Speaker 2: But Kennedy Carter.
Speaker 1: Was not fine. She would her thing was just up because she spoke. She's not answering any questions about that, like Marshawn Lynch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just here, sorry here, so I won't get fine.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 2: The w n B A is under.
Speaker 1: Uh j W two dough and said, the w n B A is on the new and bigger lights, and they're forgetting everything is being watched.
Speaker 2: It is difficult to spot.
Speaker 1: Is it isn't difficult to spot the envious act and et cetera.
Speaker 2: Not because you got you got more, you got more eyes?
Speaker 4: Hey you would uh go to the w n big game? Yeah? Will you paint your face with me?
Speaker 2: Is that real?
Speaker 1: Come up your little camera rail? What the you're gonna paint your face.
Speaker 4: Rail when you sit course like a fan? No, I'm not paying my face? What is wrong with you?
Speaker 5: Ask you real big time when y'all big time in mere to.
Speaker 4: The South of Friends, so coming with y'all railing show future? See what I mean? What I mean? And I'm going on tour.
Speaker 2: You go on, you got the flyers. I don't know toda.
Speaker 5: I do know to dail Yo, Joe, hey, listen, listen, listen. We got we gotta talk about something.
Speaker 1: Uh hey, Joe, ask need a head shot of rail so we could.
Speaker 4: Put on on man nah man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like that one with Gil. I'm get a shirt. I would get a shirt with Real, I'll get a shirt me. Oh joy, you you're gonna be in the back like like.
Speaker 5: Gil, time out, time out. In all seriousness, we were creating a monster. I know it's it's all funny game.
Speaker 1: The women like here for real? Who after chat after chat chat? Do y'all like hearing from Reil? Should Reil have a segment on Nightcap once a week?
Speaker 5: I'm confused, like, how is she taking the little bit of shine I'm getting?
Speaker 4: Like you an't even call me by my name no more?
Speaker 5: You you you adding Rosatto and like, and people are taking that ship serious in public.
Speaker 1: Yes, you said she's gonna have to do the prenup. So if she do the prenup, you're gonna have to take her last name, So the Johnson it's gonna be Johnson Risotto.
Speaker 5: You know what I didn't I didn't. I didn't expect for this the head the way it's heading. But it's in the direction that it's going. I'm feeling like less of a man.
Speaker 4: No, don't feel less of a man. Like it's supposed to be.
Speaker 5: Supposed to be me and your show and she it is feature in real No, she don't need a feature. She don't need a feature because it's taken away from my shine.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, you know how rappers rappers have album JB jay Z had a feature featuring Nods featuring Kanye featured when Little Weed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that wasn't That wasn't until after he did his solo album then he had features.
Speaker 1: We done did it. We don't been on tour. We don't been on tour for like eight months.
Speaker 5: No, man, no, man nah, because like like she I'm about like she really she be. She'd be talking to me crazy, like raising her voice at me, like and it's alway, it's like like because she liked the Breadwinner, like she talked to me any kind of way. She just she just said or she said, oh, I'm coming to the South of France. She didn't ask me, do you mind if I join you and the team in the south of France.
Speaker 4: She didn't ask, she just said, oh I'm coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well the team you gotta come.
Speaker 4: She's not a part tap.
Speaker 1: A rail Tell real next time, y'all ordered that food in New York and don't eat that issue.
Speaker 2: That's gonna come at your pate me.
Speaker 1: You a real and Ryan and Doug ordered that food.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well hold on, I don't eat that kind of stuff. So I ain't got nothing to do with that. Somebody ordered it, they got there was too.
Speaker 1: There was two trade, two tables, two cards maybe, so that's you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that that that was her.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't eat that fancy stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just coming at your chick. No, don't don't no, no, no, you want to be part take it?
Speaker 4: Take it out? Hey, you order some food in New York and they eat it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, now that they said it's coming out your check or whatever check you're gonna.
Speaker 4: Get, that's we're gonna take. We're gonna dock it from Ocho. See what I mean. We're gonna dock it.
Speaker 5: From the stay with me now shirt with me.
Speaker 4: Now you see what I mean. We were creating amongst them.
Speaker 2: Way, hey are missing the rail rail say take it out your stay with me.
Speaker 5: Cut, don't don't do that, No that this, No, don't don't do that because I'm I'm trying.
Speaker 4: We we we have we have a house to build. Don't don't do that.
Speaker 1: Well, I can't build no house either, huh, I said, I can't build no how because I gotta take all y'all the friget.
Speaker 5: I'd my bad, my bad, But listen, think and think about let's let's think long term.
Speaker 4: Let's think where we will be a year.
Speaker 5: Or two from now. Think about it, think about it, think think about that. Oh no, no, we ain't gonna be banking.
Speaker 1: We keep taking what do you know how much your calls to get the flat of France.
Speaker 4: With all y'all?
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, Wait a minute. It depends on where airline you chose. Because I could have got the I could have got the ticket.
Speaker 4: For cheap.
Speaker 1: Man. Spear a spear getting halfway across there and turn around to come back. It'll run out of gas. Man, We got to turn around to come back. We can't make it all well on th spirit like man, hey, to your point, Oh Joe Downasa rossa hit seven threes, scored thirty one points. To help the Mercury beat the Sparks eighty seven sixty eight. White Mamba went off. She was seven to nine from three, finished with the season nine thirty one points. DT will be forty two years of age on June twenty two. Yeah, forty two. This is our twentiest. This is her twentieth season in the in the uh, it's the twenties. Twenty is the twenty first. This is our twenty first season.
Speaker 2: Up like that? Yeah yeah, DT, let that thing go.
Speaker 4: Damn I like that, goright.
Speaker 5: So we got Phoenix, we got we got Atlanta, We got to hit uh, Chicago, we got.
Speaker 4: To hit Indiana, l A.
Speaker 5: And Las Vegas. Look, and what's the young lady? Oh my goodness, what's the young lady? I said in comparison, reminds me of Kyrie.
Speaker 4: My god. Yeah, well we got to go to Dallas boy.
Speaker 1: Uh huh yeah, he could play. Now your hold on, I thought you was going on vacation. How you gonna take all these games and you on vacation? Who's going on vacation? That's what you that's what you?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 5: When did I say I was going on vacation? You you no, she says, she she needed vacation. I don't need a vacation. I'm going I'm going through these w NBA games.
Speaker 1: Well we well we put we built the schedule around you and rails vacation.
Speaker 4: Oh so you must you just told it must be a surprise, and you just snitched. I don't know about no surprise. All I know is I appreciate that. Man. I don't even know about that.
Speaker 5: She might she must be taking me on vacation for all the hard work I've been doing.
Speaker 4: Man, that's dope.
Speaker 5: And you just you just told, thank you, you're taking me on vacation.
Speaker 4: And she taking me the same boards and what else?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and.
Speaker 5: She taking me the same Barts, Saint Martin and and Angola and yeah yeah whatever yeah.
Speaker 2: And Golda in Africa Anguilla.
Speaker 4: Man, I don't know these places.
Speaker 2: And Guila, Anguilla and.
Speaker 5: Kayla okay okay, okay, okay, yeah, and and and Guilla.
Speaker 2: I thought it was Anguilla.
Speaker 5: And oh she spent she spending a she's spending that bag. Oh it's a couple's trip. You got a plus one? You want to come?
Speaker 1: I ain't got a couple of dollars to spend. So I wish all to bed I'll be busy. I'm working on content reil. I gotta get red, I gotta gear we got a gear up for the fuck. Okay, we got big shows and we got to get this tour. I gotta make sure this tour is what it needs to be.
Speaker 5: She got somebody that could spend on you. Okay, okay, back let me let let me get back focus. Let me get back focused. All, let me get back focused.
Speaker 1: Before we get to the rest of our show, Joe, check out if the Bad Boys promo. Tomorrow, we'll show the trailer and the interview that Ocho and I had with Will Smith and Martin Lawns. Take a look at the promo. Yeah, okay, that was n uh. Tomorrow we will show the trailer from the movie and it's an exclusive interview o Cho and I we sat down had a conversation with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. You don't want to miss it. It airs tomorrow. Ninety ten says rail should have a segment once a week.
Speaker 4: What ninety percent of who, ninety percent of what?
Speaker 2: Five thousand people, ninety.
Speaker 5: Percent of the chat. Yep, Hey, it'd be it be your own fan like they I'm trying. I'm trying to understand how they turning on me and not understanding where I'm coming from.
Speaker 1: Especially they're not turning. They say they what they say. They won't rail. We won't rail, like you won't preen up. You won't preening up. They won't rail.
Speaker 5: They just they just talking. They don't mean that I heard them. I think ask might have might have like changed the percentage if it was probably the other way.
Speaker 1: No, no, ninety percent say they won't rail, reil get a segment. So I'm having a uh by next Thursday, I'm gonna have a T shirt with me and you and real sir, Me and you in the middle, Me and you on one side, and the rail got her arms around both of us.
Speaker 5: What's gonna happen now? Is she gonna want that check to now and now? So what we're gonna do when when it comes in it ain't coming out. It ain't coming out of my cut.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, sir, that's your is my house.
Speaker 5: Then she don't need no segment. Problem solved. Calo, No, sir, No, he's gonna take my little shine. No, no serve, Nope.
Speaker 2: We'll get real. We'll get real.
Speaker 1: We'll we'll we'll we'll get rerail in, we'll get real, we'll get real money for.
Speaker 4: The future, for feature how much long long? I ain't got nothing to do with you. You ain't real. Oh, tell your agent as real.
Speaker 1: She's gone on our on the call. How you gonna hold on? How you going to negotiate for rail?
Speaker 5: Because I'm just trying to make sure for one, I want to make sure she ain't making more than me, because it's bad enough as it is right.
Speaker 1: Now she got a feat? How she gonna make more than you? And she doing one sec.
Speaker 4: You know women have been fighting for equal pay. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, I've been fighting for equal work. If you coming.
Speaker 2: On as much as you, she can get as much as you. She ain't gonna make much of you.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I'm just I'm just making show.
Speaker 5: I'm just making show because I hey, listen, I'll be walking through the house, walk through the household, Hayden.
Speaker 1: And you know what he we already got it. We already, we already got a segment. Guess what the name over there is? The Risulto Report. What the hell she gonna like that? Nah, she gonna report out, y'all. We work, We're gonna build this thing up. That help up mom and she she with me, that's trying to stop yal from shot.
Speaker 5: I ain't even I'm not even shining yet. Can I can I read? Can I reach the pinnacle?
Speaker 2: If it o yoe?
Speaker 5: I know, But we haven't got where we need to get to to add anybody.
Speaker 4: Else to the to the to the.
Speaker 2: To the duo.
Speaker 4: Let me let me get to the top first, and then we can we can add. We can have a feature. Nah noa, noa, noah.
Speaker 1: Because see the thing is, when you get to the time, you ain't gonna I want you to start pulling people as we go, as we get to the top, I want us to bring a couple of people with us.
Speaker 4: That that's not that's not how it works.
Speaker 5: You we supposed to make it to the top, then you pull the people with you.
Speaker 4: You can't bring them. You can't bring them along while we trying to get to the top.
Speaker 1: But see we got Look we got a big we got we got a heavy base that are female, that are women, right, they want to hear right.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on.
Speaker 5: I think I think our fan bases is mainly those that enjoyed watching us play throughout the years. You think our fan base is more women than men.
Speaker 1: Oh joa, we got we got a sports show that's forty percent, which is unheard of. Yes, yes, you you think so, Oh Joe, you do realize that when I put the team together, we study everything.
Speaker 4: You know, honestly that I ain't know that. I mean especially.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't really think women would.
Speaker 5: Enjoy a podcast like we have or show that we have about sports.
Speaker 4: Like think about it.
Speaker 5: I'm just thinking how many women would like sitting like sit there and watch guys talk about sports.
Speaker 4: I would be that's like something that they would be.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, they come for the sports. They stay for the sports, the stories. That's not okay, what and see that's my job is to make sure we don't become stale, that we're evolving, that we're always ahead of the curve. So my job is that when my team put together reports is that we stay ahead of the curve. We never let the curve get.
Speaker 2: In from her.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: You see what I did two weeks ago, I put Live entertainment with.
Speaker 4: Hold On. Write that down.
Speaker 1: So that's what that's what we do. That's what we do, O Joe. My job my team put together the analytics, we run the numbers. We see Okay, they like this, they didn't like that. Okay, let's give them a little bit more of this. Okay, we can fall back from some of that. We study the numbers. We paid the volume. They pay a lot of money to get these numbers, so we can study them so we can stay ahead of the curve. We never want the curve to get in. We want to stay I just wrote.
Speaker 4: That down too. I'm gonna use that in my next argument. I like that.
Speaker 1: Uh so the result of report coming soon? Oh you want to You want the results as Reel.
Speaker 2: You want the result of report of keeping it real with Reil.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't like. I don't like the direction this is going. I'm just being honest. You know that.
Speaker 5: That's that's that's my baby and all. But like she really starts, she really let her shine.
Speaker 1: She might she might be, Hey, you know what, we gonna put rail, We get rail real, did a partner, then Reil can branch off and do our whole thing.
Speaker 4: What do you think about that?
Speaker 5: She's already doing her own thing. She's already breadwinner. She already is she she's she's already up there doing her things. So now now my little, my little stuff I got going on. Now she's infiltrating that, and it's like pushing me on the back, pushing me on the back burner.
Speaker 4: All right, well, yeah, I appreciate that. Appreciate that, Appreciate that. After we'll get rail of trial run, you get about two or three
Speaker 2: Months no serve