Speaker 1: Yo, what's up?
Speaker 2: You're off in God's Country with Breed and also known as the Brother's Song, where we take a weekly drive to the intersection of.
Speaker 1: Contra music and.
Speaker 2: Two things, two things brought to you by meat Eater. They both brought two things that go together, like two things that go together, like February and gross funk outside, rainy muddy, gross February or losing her to tsa pre check and carrying pistols brought to you by meat.
Speaker 1: Eater, trying to carry pistols through. They got it, They got it. Scott E. McCreery vocal destroyed monster. Did you know?
Speaker 2: I mean, you've been around him in the room. I've never been around him in the room. I think he sounds better live than he does on his record.
Speaker 3: It wasn't shocking to me because I've I've written some songs with him and have been around him. But the first time you hear him like really projected, it's it's nuts, nine o'clock in the morning. It's nuts that the chair thing killer favorite special stick away for that stick around for that big outdoors when he loves to play golf, loves to hide, loves to be on the beach, loves just being outside, whether it's smoking a cigar or on top of a mountain. Yeah, plays a little golf. Had a funny situation there where I think he was just in he was in God's country, God's country mode, and I said, what are you shooting? He was literally looking at like referring to a golf shot, and he was like, I don't know, Butanelli's yeah, He's like, I mean, I like this shoe. Banale's really really cool guy, incredible talent. You're gonna love this podcast. Stick around, uh and and listen to the whole thing. Thanks for following us, for sharing us. For what else can you do?
Speaker 2: We got a Facebook, we got an Instagram. We got TikTok building up building building the following.
Speaker 3: TikTok's rocking, TikTok's popping were worse, TikTok's knocking over.
Speaker 2: The Tiktoks talking. Y'all be sure and follow us, share our stuff, rate us. I think we got a I think we got a pretty good one today.
Speaker 1: I haven't read it. We got a We got a five star roast.
Speaker 3: From Caine see eighty five exclamation point, Dumpster Dan and Lesser Brother dang I didn't even get my name in that one title, just lesser lesser five stars though, so keep them coming. We don't care what you say. Episode sixty three was the best one so far.
Speaker 1: Who was that? Lee Brice?
Speaker 3: Even with the whole podcast being hard to love, Oh he's got puns. I can tell the boys are going downhill fast with old material only referencing who combs gas station and being mad at traffic. God, I didn't it wasn't traffic today though. Yeah, dude, listen to all the listen to all the podcast man, So I don't care what Kane thinks. Heck, I'm mad at this podcast.
Speaker 1: Good things.
Speaker 3: Steven Andella gave these guys a chance. Otherwise they'd be no one. At this point, Steve is just Steve. At this point, Steve is just doing charity work as a ride off for them too.
Speaker 1: Possibly possibly not sure, sure, we don't know who's happening who here.
Speaker 2: Thanks for from the lesser brother Thanks for for resting us, keeping stars stars, file stars helps, the helps put food on the table.
Speaker 1: That one wasn't sweet at the end, that was just mean always yeah, yeah, mean guy came. See. Hey, we appreciate y'all.
Speaker 2: Thanks for for taking the time to write comments mean or sweet like we said, go follow us. We enjoyed doing this podcast. We want to keep doing it. I want to keep getting more people on here for you guys to listen to cool stories other than us. And uh yeah that's a that's a wrap.
Speaker 4: But five.
Speaker 1: Do you know what speed means?
Speaker 3: Scottie podcast World, It's like we're going right action.
Speaker 1: Hey, we got golfing.
Speaker 3: We're going going going dude, leading, dude, dadding, North Carolina Boy Grand Old Oprymember sold more than four million albums and achieved six number one hits, including.
Speaker 1: Cub and a Soul Soul Little in a Curb My True.
Speaker 3: Why do you have to make yourself sound low like.
Speaker 5: This sounds good?
Speaker 1: Damn yeah, damn straight, this is it? Five more minutes.
Speaker 2: We got Scotty McCreary and god Scott it mare.
Speaker 5: Thanks thanks for having dude, Thanks for.
Speaker 1: Coming in, Manna coming in.
Speaker 2: Absolutely it's ah. I like to call this time of the year the February funk. Dude, y'all deal with the February funk any Indeed, I.
Speaker 6: Think they just threw Valentine's Day into February so there could be something happy about February.
Speaker 2: Man, it's it. It's spelled weird. First of all, February February. We're talking about what I said, there's like seventeen days in it, right, and it's like twenty eight days this out.
Speaker 1: This is kind of just happening.
Speaker 5: It's funny, it's truth. February funk.
Speaker 6: What's what's what was so cool about February that they needed to change the amount of days.
Speaker 1: It's almost like a filler. They just need like a filler.
Speaker 5: Mo.
Speaker 2: We need to like, we got to have twelve months. Wait, just put this little guy in here. It shouldn't be any surprise.
Speaker 3: But I never really I think I missed the week or two in school where we learned our months. So what makes I Don't'm not really knowledgeable about the days?
Speaker 1: What makes February's days weird?
Speaker 5: There's only twenty eight of them, there's less and.
Speaker 1: There's normally like thirty thirty thirty one.
Speaker 5: With the knuckles, right, you got to use the knuckles the knuckle system. Wow.
Speaker 1: Man, Yeah, he's like, you guys are real dumb knuckle systems. You know the knuckle system, you know the knuckle system.
Speaker 6: Three on Thurday fifty absolutely it's if the knuckle is up, it's thirty one days January.
Speaker 5: The next is down.
Speaker 6: February is weird, twenty eight, the next is thirty one, thirty, thirty one, thirty, it's up.
Speaker 2: And then come on, man, yeah, January, February weird, March, April, May, June, July.
Speaker 1: What then you go back? No?
Speaker 5: I think you keep going going across? Is August? Have thirty one August? I know the knuckles.
Speaker 1: Do you go down to the thumbs?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, what's up with the thumb?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You go down? Is this part summer? Is this the hell hot summer right here?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: February February sucks, man, I just your birthdays in February.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry for me.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: It's the There's a lot of things that play into it. It's post the greatest season of all time.
Speaker 1: Dear pression. It's dear pression. Time one.
Speaker 6: Football is now over. Oh the first of February bittersweet? Well, the Super Bowl is always so bitter.
Speaker 1: You get one game in February. What a gross super Bowl?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: I mean, fred Eagles fan, congratulations, but like the game it's I wasn't. I'm not a fan of like either. Team really. Yeah, so it wasn't really rooting. It's kind of tough to watch. So I'm a Patriots fan. My dad grew up in New England. So for me, like when when the Pats went undefeated that year and they lost the Super Bowl because of the bubble gum on the helmet and for the Giants, I don't remember that the ball.
Speaker 5: It's ridiculous. Still I haven't had enough cope to talk about that yet.
Speaker 6: But uh, but like I was so rooting against the Chiefs, like the Miami Dolphins and Don Chile were rooting against us going undefeated because I was like, nobody's quite like Tom Brady. Noo, he's quite like the Patriots. So I enjoyed seeing the Super Bowl this year.
Speaker 5: I was excited.
Speaker 1: Did they go was that to go undefeated?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's when they had Randy Mark like that. They had not remember that the Chiefs lost the game this year.
Speaker 5: No, none of the Chiefs had lost. The Patriots lost to Eli.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's That's the one of the only highlights of February is the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: But it's early and then it's back to and.
Speaker 2: Then there's like two weeks before, and then there's like you get like fake spring, like a week and a half ago, I played golf twice that I did love like short, and then you get this now we're back into nasty cold weather, rainy, nasty, nasty.
Speaker 3: And there's just nothing coming for a while either, like even even March, it's just gone.
Speaker 1: We get March madness.
Speaker 6: I was already like on the phone looking up, like when does like the spring forward time clock happen? Like what they're still I can have something, keep it happened. It's anticipations all hibernate through February. Maybe we should just down, just down like covided out through February and then come back in March.
Speaker 3: Is there like a nice place that somebody could like go for a month that's warm during February? Or said everything the world.
Speaker 2: They're playing golf on the West Coast right now, the West Coast run. They're playing Tory Pines this weekend. We gotayed, uh oh yeah. They played Pebble Beach a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 6: That looked a little chilly. We got to running forward to next week. So I feel like they always send you to Canada on the road, like in the middle of like two feet of snow like you're getting when you say they the team kind of manager, but Florida in February doesn't sucks.
Speaker 5: That'll be exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very fine. You're gonna play golf.
Speaker 5: Try to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, especially in Jacksonville golf down there. So I got to get to bring the family out to which is always not nice.
Speaker 5: That's nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that helps a lot. Well, that was kind of I guess we could do what you're mad at, but we do a little. Thank Scottie. Who can I do? Like Scotty, sure, what you mad?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, just tell us what it is? What you're mad eh? Is that Jane Loss kids?
Speaker 5: Do that?
Speaker 1: Be your boss?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Well your neighbors.
Speaker 3: Cat just tell us, man, fantastic, thanks to We're around here, so good. We're pro around here. Yeah, we're not pro studios pro though this looks pretty legitimate here.
Speaker 6: It looks great. I know I've seen y'all post and all this, and I was like, where are they? I thought y'all were like in your house. I was like, man, it looks we are.
Speaker 1: Sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's usually a mini split over our heads, not animals and form in my basement. We do a little semit called what You're mad at Scottie. You can be glad at this morning, you can be We kind of just did it about February.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, we should have just done Yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel like that's what I mean. If I had to go, I'm with it. I'm there.
Speaker 1: I got one. I got one.
Speaker 3: I think I can't remember if I've said this before, but it happened again. So I was like, I either need to say this or okay, just as a this is traffic no good, just as an announced traffic announcement to people who park in people's driveways, Okay.
Speaker 5: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: You have said this, I have comment. So I come home yesterday and.
Speaker 6: Look, man, this is an ongoing thing. Then, I guess so that's even worse.
Speaker 1: Well, the two.
Speaker 3: People that are guilty of it in my life will actually be hearing this podcast, so maybe it'll at least me out. I hope it helps somebody else out if you're listening, If you're listening out there, and I love them both.
Speaker 1: I love my wife.
Speaker 5: Okay, she can't park on your driveway.
Speaker 1: She doesn't park the d that's the problem.
Speaker 3: Oh and like we have a we have a great babysitter who's awesome takes care of our kids. But I, for the life of me, don't understand why when you pull into.
Speaker 2: A driveway you just stay on it. You just stay on the driveway. Especially in February, you don't.
Speaker 3: Pulled yesterday and the right the passenger right hand side of tire of Shine's tire was just just.
Speaker 2: An inch deep in mud. Well, and I was like, it's like, it's like it's just gotta go like this. It's like you drive, drive, and drive, and then you just gotta go.
Speaker 3: I've listened, and I know I've developed I've analyzed this so much my brain for so many years that I think I've got the psyche down on it, which is I'll just nudge off to one side or the other so that if somebody needs to go around me or past me, they can kind of hang onto the driveways they can go. And I get I get that, and then I walk twenty more spaces and the babysitters just off the other side. I mean, it's like, so my announcement is if you if you're parking in someone's driveway, unless specified, it's down.
Speaker 5: Drive down the driveway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, driving.
Speaker 5: I can get down with that.
Speaker 6: I think I've thought of two things I'm mad at over you too. Wow, you've been talking about the driveway, which that's the worst. That's like on the golf course when people drive off the car path just to get two feet closer to the whole. It's like, well that's saved you any time. Yeah, but that's good. Just like what are we doing here?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: For me, I'm stupid injuries, Like like I see like injuries. It just don't make sense. Like if I'm having fun and I and I trip and break my leg, it's like what you know, I was having a good time. Yeah, I'm on the bus the other day. We're in Michigan again, middle of the winter, not even missing like the up. We're in Canada basically, and I'm up there and uh, I had turned the front lounge into a cigar lounge the night before, so I was wanting to air out the bus a little bit before the show. It's like twenty minutes before we go on. Our windows are like the motorize. You press the button opens up. There's a game on the TV. So I'm like just pressing the open button. It's like twenty degrees just open. The wind is aired out, and as I'm doing that, my finger just gets caught in the motorized window and it's like, just it's still black and blue. I had to play guitar that night, and it's just let me see it. It's it's pretty pretty rough and I had to like hold my finger out the whole time I'm singing that night. So I like halfway through the show, I'm like, folks, I promise, I'm not flicking you off.
Speaker 3: It's just just that, just the one Now, I just want to get a steal of that so that when we say Scotty cry the picture.
Speaker 5: Flip what happens. He's such a nice guy.
Speaker 3: People want to listen to that. We got to click that. Saddie and Reid got in a five.
Speaker 1: It's way more about because I'm the same way that dide. I mess my fingers up constantly.
Speaker 2: The other day, I had a cardboard paper cut right here in the webbing from opening an Amazon.
Speaker 5: That's when you hibernate for the rest of February, just like it.
Speaker 2: Was on February first. But but I'm with you. It's and it's not that it hurts, it's just annoying.
Speaker 6: And it's like if I why, like what that did not have to happen. It was just a stupid injury, a dumb thing. So that's one. The other one is, I don't know if y'all watched basketball. Did y'all watch the Final four? Last year? The greatest team in the country, the North Carolina State wolf Pack made it to the Final four one ACC championship.
Speaker 3: I forgot to tell you. He's a huge and state. I think I remember they had that bit the DJ. Come on, dude, it doesn't look like a baller, but as a.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, and it's like I I cried real tears when they made that run, like it's on Instagram, like you know, the run in March a special. It was so special, so special. But then this year and I think we've lost ten games in a row. It's just like, why can't we just keep the mojo going?
Speaker 1: Nothing to look forward to in March. There's no better weather.
Speaker 5: There's nothing. Yeah, so better weather March. I'm stuck in better weather.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh man, that's great.
Speaker 2: My mad at is and we talk about golf on here too much, but my mad at is my golfing net.
Speaker 1: Uh it's not it's not sturdy.
Speaker 5: Is it not netting?
Speaker 2: Like it's notting my swing speed. They don't hit the ball too hard and it just it just flies, you know.
Speaker 1: Tough problem, you know what I'm saying. The center of the face, center of the net.
Speaker 3: And now Reid always uses this podcast as a way to like backhanded compliment himself, So that's kind of what I've.
Speaker 2: Been looking at those. The net returns, dude, I just got one for real. Yeah, it works like it it returns the golf ball. Yeah, And I got it set up right in front of like a glass window.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, what's the trick. What's the difference between it and just a regular ass net.
Speaker 6: It like instead of the ball just going and falling, it like hits the net and then it comes back.
Speaker 1: It comes back to you.
Speaker 2: And it's supposed to be like really durably, like you can hit over a thousand hours.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you guys just a get god.
Speaker 3: But like, guy that's trying that, I've got one hundred golf balls there to hit. You just need one.
Speaker 5: It kind of saves space.
Speaker 3: So you're telling me, it goes into the net, comes back and just rolls gently back towards.
Speaker 1: It's supposed to go in the net and just kind of.
Speaker 6: Like the thing you put under the basketball going to your kids, return the ball, return through those things. I never had one of those, but my neighbor did. It's like, we're not hooping in my house, We're going to your house.
Speaker 1: You got a ball return? Yeah, why don't you guys just lay like a blanket on the back that would do the same thing.
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: That just makes too much sense, And no it doesn't. It's not does a blank it's not designed to return the ball to you.
Speaker 1: Oh but the same thing on a net that sells for ye.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely they're proud of that. Never took they are they are.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying North Carolina. Yeah, the morning.
Speaker 6: Raised love it many. Oh yeah, they'll never get me out of there.
Speaker 2: I tell you, for you full time up there, like when you're not full time.
Speaker 5: We live in Rileigh.
Speaker 6: Our roots are so deep, and I feel like everybody just loves home, right, I mean, no matter where you're from, you're going to love home.
Speaker 5: And you should. Man, I've been fortunate.
Speaker 6: We've we've played shows in all fifty states we've gone. I've played shows in the Philippines, New Zealand, all of Europe. Like, to me, that's just I've never found a place like North Carolina. My retirement gig is going to be working for North Carolina Tourism. Like I'm just going to go share. Actually probably not. We were full. We're full, but it's like we live in the middle of the States.
Speaker 1: Just gotten really excited for it.
Speaker 3: Actually, I love this podcast. Yeah they are North Carolina tourism is always like in our posts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll get them all. Yeah.
Speaker 6: The beach, the mountains, the golf, the hunt is good. I mean it's got all you need.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you go to your outer outer banks?
Speaker 5: Guy, So I grew up going to the outer banks.
Speaker 6: A lot of people think like the whole beach in North Carolina's outer banks, but we go down towards like the Wilmington area, Topsle Beach, but the outer banks are like up north. But it's like a step back in time. There's there's still wild horses that are on the beach. It'll just be chilling and then it's like a horse is running by.
Speaker 2: I spend the time in Hatteras and it is like you can drive your truck out on the beach and park it and just fish off your tailgate and.
Speaker 1: There's dogs running around everywhere. I mean, it's it's sick.
Speaker 3: Okay, give me, give me a give me your like why I should not go to thirty eight and I should go to y'all's place.
Speaker 6: Well, Number one, you probably won't run into anybody from Nashville right over there. So that's that's a big one.
Speaker 3: That's probably people don't know us like people know you so kind of.
Speaker 5: I don't know if we can kind of hide out. Yeah, sometimes.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying to me.
Speaker 6: It's it's the chillness of it. Like the beach we go to, there's no put putts on it, there's no hotels. It's just your neighbors and it's just quiet. July fourth, where we're at, there might be fifteen to twenty people on the beach. It's like it's just quiet you in the ocean. It's not the soft sand you're gonna get. I mean, Destin is amazing right down there. It's but it's, uh, it's chill. The vibes are chill.
Speaker 1: What's up with the water? Is it cool?
Speaker 5: It's good, it's good.
Speaker 6: It's it ain't the you're not in You're not gonna get off there and think you're like in the Caribbean, you know.
Speaker 5: But it's good and yeah, we have fun.
Speaker 1: Fishing is good, supposed to be real good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Gulf's ride like a mile off.
Speaker 6: So it's like people, the Big Rock Tournament is like one of the biggest to think, Marlin blue Kilfit Wireland Tournament.
Speaker 1: Have you ever done any of that? Have you ever done any of that? Fish fishing?
Speaker 6: I wish, I get it's like on my buck I've had invitations to go, but it's just like I'm so busy on the road and stuff. I got to kind of pick and choose when I take time off, and it's just never worked out.
Speaker 2: But guys who guys should go marlin fishing are like, I know, die hard hunters, Like die hard would turkey hunt every day of their life if they could, would trade turkey hunt for marlin fishing.
Speaker 1: Really, they said. For some reason, the.
Speaker 2: Dude, they everybody talks about it like it's the most amazing thing in the world.
Speaker 1: I've never done it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been a part of some like deep fish ocean fishing, and man, it just ain't for me, dude.
Speaker 5: Really is it? Like, yeah, you didn't put the sticker behind your ear?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah I didn't.
Speaker 3: And and even when I have done the sticker, I still find myself like, looking at.
Speaker 1: Their highs, I'm like, and I think he heard me wrong.
Speaker 3: No, the horizon, fish guy horizon, I think he said. When I'm looking in their eyes like I have to, That's what they tell you when you start getting seasick, It's to stare at the horizon so that you're yeah, levels out. But but mine is just just I don't know, man.
Speaker 1: I think part of it is also the mentality of like.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm sixty miles from anything I can put my.
Speaker 5: Feet's kind of scary.
Speaker 1: It's terrified.
Speaker 3: It's just like we know, they think we know like five percent. I mean as far as the actual mass of the ocean, we know like five percent.
Speaker 2: I can't go there. I'll start thinking about that. Then I'll start thinking about heaven and being there for attorney, and I'll freak out.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'll wake out my brains.
Speaker 6: They're not meant to know all this stuff, but they want to know. It's just like, oh God, yeah, go down that road.
Speaker 2: Did y'all? Were y'all affected? By the flood any around you.
Speaker 6: You know, my favorite place in the world, I think is a mountains of North Carolina.
Speaker 5: So we go up there.
Speaker 6: We have a little place there, and our place was spared, trees down all around us. When I was driving up there the first time, I was like, after the storm, it was like, oh, you see some trees down, But where we were, it was like, Okay, it's not. But then you drive two miles and you take it left and it's just like two miles. I mean, it's like you've never seen anything like it. So people are still struggling and it's, uh, they got a long road back, but uh, the people in the mountain are they're resilient groups. So I they'll make it through it. It ain't it's going to be a minute, is it really?
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 3: Is it coming back? I mean, is it coming back? Honestly at this point, I.
Speaker 6: Think little by little, but there's still roads that are washed out. There's still I mean, they got I think I was listening to somebody talk about it and they're like, if you're looking at it, like percentage wise, they're probably ten percent back. Okay, they got a long road, but I love it up there. Man, those people are so give you the shirt off your back kind of people.
Speaker 1: How special was that benefit, shar.
Speaker 5: I think, coolest best show I've ever been a part of.
Speaker 1: Really give us a little backstory. I mean, I know you played show, but what where? What was it? What? How did what did y'all benefit?
Speaker 6: So I'm in the stormhead and I immediately called my team and I said, guys, I want to do something. You know, I want to I want to do something, I said, but I guarantee Luke and Eric are going to do something, and if they are, I'd love to be a part of it, even if I'm just an announcer. If I'm there, if I'm selling hot dogs, I'm part of it. In five minutes after I called my team, Luke's camp called us and said, hey, can you We'd love you to be a part of this. But it was, you know, I think everybody was there for the same calls. Everybody kind of came together as one, you know, in a time in the world where everybody's got opinions and it's disagreeing and if you don't think this, then I hate you. Oh It's like, man, there was none of that in the stadium. You know, forget how many people seventy plus thousand all there for the same calls they raised twenty four million.
Speaker 5: But it was just backstage was different. Man.
Speaker 6: I mean You're walking to catering and James Taylor's right behind you. It's like, well, this isn't you know the Dwayne County Fairry or something like this. This is a little different. But uh, And as I'm walking out because it's a stadium show and they used George Straight stage, so you're kind of out there in the middle of the round, so you had to walk kind of through the crowd to get to the stage. And so they said, all right, it's got to eure up. So I walked from the dressing room and go out there and it's a long walk and just as soon as I like step foot into the stadium, James Taylor starts in my mind, I'm going to Caroline and dude, chills from the top of my head to my pinky.
Speaker 1: Different.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've never had chills like that.
Speaker 1: And is that this one? Let me just shift this this? Yeah that? Uh, I don't know if I can play with nah r some verb on that thing. It does sound good?
Speaker 5: Or is that firing ring.
Speaker 1: I can't remember it. I was playing with the cable, so take the cabo off. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Sorry, all right, we only got we only got a few more minutes now, that's fine.
Speaker 4: Rain, Yeah, yesterday morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gone, Susanne.
Speaker 5: The plans they good, so good.
Speaker 1: So what's what's uh?
Speaker 7: One in my mind, I'm going to Caroline and I.
Speaker 5: Can't you see sunshine? Can't you just see it alone?
Speaker 4: Shine?
Speaker 7: Ain't it just like a friend of mine pitt me from high your sound going to Caroline in my life?
Speaker 1: Dude, James Taylor is just that's crazy. Yeah, that's so good, man, James Taylor.
Speaker 2: I saw some videos of that and it shook me and I wouldn't you know. I was just looking on my phone, you know.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was everybody coming together for one cause and loving on each other and uh, everybody. There's no egos, no nother man. It's just like, hey, we're let's let's do what we can. So kudos to Luke and Eric for pulling off a stadium show in twenty eight days pretty quick.
Speaker 1: Huge.
Speaker 3: You remember he was he was a wreck while that was happen because he was like he was putting it together and he's wanting to happen, and people were chomping in and out.
Speaker 1: There's different camps and all.
Speaker 2: This different in Florida because that was bootlegger stuff before, like that, they were going to do bootleggers down in Florida.
Speaker 1: And I remember that. We went on. We walked on the beach and Cappy Looks manager was standing there.
Speaker 2: And I was like, what's up, Cap? And he's like, READO, how are you doing?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: I was like, good dude. I was like, I was like, so what are you doing?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: I was like, you chilling here? What are you going?
Speaker 2: What you got going on? He's like, what do you What do you mean? He said something like have you not been alive the last Yeah?
Speaker 4: He was like.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was like, you got some downtime after this, you know? And he's like yeah, man, it's not like I'm just I'm planning the biggest show of my of our careers for the benefit.
Speaker 1: I forgot about that.
Speaker 5: And they pulled it off. They trusted it.
Speaker 2: It's easy to especially like when when stuff like that and and catastrophizes like that that happened, it's easy. The news is all about it right for for a few days, a few weeks, and then it's gone. You know, election happens. Nobody's thinking about anymore.
Speaker 1: I want we want to keep it a thing, man, Like, what's what's what's a way?
Speaker 5: Where?
Speaker 1: Where is?
Speaker 2: Where can people still go to help? The calls and and donate money?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you have a foundation?
Speaker 5: Does?
Speaker 1: Did you know of any foundations that people can still give to?
Speaker 6: So, I mean what we've been given to is s Merriton's purse, which is located right there in North Carolina, and they've they've been thanking God.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you had an answer for the because I was like, reader, my.
Speaker 6: Guy's pro they're right there in the mountains of Carolina, their headquarters are, and they were there day one helping out and they're still there. Baptists on Mission is who we've been working with, and honestly, like what we were doing is is just going and knocking on doors. Like when we were there helping, it was just hey, what can we do? And they're like who you with? Like it's just it was me and four guys. It's like, really we're able body, dudes, send us somewhere, And it's so.
Speaker 1: Is that what you did you just let it up and truck went over there and how did you? How did you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Just I mean just me and follow in law and a couple of buddies and just they needed help bad and we were just making just the tiniest little gent and a huge problem. But but were like they were saying, man that this is the only way things are getting done right now. So it's it's you know, any way you can help, I'll say, they'll take it because it's it's a long road back for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got we sent a bunch of deer meat. It was they were cooking. They were cooking up some like spaghetti with it and all kinds of different stuff. Say, and we tried to try to just get you know, some some something to eat up there, because I mean, if you don't have refrigerators and stuff running, like, how are you keeping that? How are you keeping food? I mean yeah, I mean you got to be tired of RALI.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, those are the problems you know that they were. It's it's the little things you aren't thinking about, you know. So yeah, but they'll be they'll make it through there. They're a great group of people.
Speaker 2: What did uh, what did growing up there look like for you, like outdoors wise, were you hiking, were you golfing back then?
Speaker 1: Were you doing any fish any hunting?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean we were. We were kind of doing it all. You know.
Speaker 6: Outdoors was kind of where I'd spend the day. So if we were at the beach, you know, we'd be out there in the mountains, we'd be hiking. There's hikes and stuff in Riley too, but we'd be golfing. My dad would always big golfer and big baseball player. And my dad's the kind of guy where he just kind of still ticks me off because he's he's, you know, just about sixty and he's still still a better athlete than me. My man can absolutely hoop on the basketball court. Really, he can still ball out on the golf course. I've only beat him a few times, Like dang, that's cool. Played college baseball, so.
Speaker 5: It's like, gosh, those guys, those guys.
Speaker 6: But but we were always outside playing and uh, you know a lot of my buddies I was chilling with them when I was two three years old, are still my best friends now. Were still all live in the area. So I think that's a big reason why I still live there. It is just because of our our roots, you know, they're they're they're real deep down there.
Speaker 1: So I feel that what are you What are you shooting these days?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: I mean shoot binale? I think is a shotgun I got?
Speaker 1: So is that what?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: You love? I was putting me on the spot because I don't hunt like you guys.
Speaker 1: But that's what's in the closet. I was talking golf, but hey, we'll talk guns for sure. That's not really what people people like.
Speaker 2: I was looking at those, and I said, golfers wouldn't usually say what are you shooting?
Speaker 1: Cat es usually like what's your handicap? Okay, let me rephrase it.
Speaker 5: I mean I can talk that too. Yeah, but a hell of shot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got a glock non millimeter. That's why I can't. I don't have t s a pre check anymore because I made a bad mistake. There, Lord, have mercy tell that story. But just tell a story, man, This this is fun. Yeah it was.
Speaker 1: Was it on your honeymoon?
Speaker 6: It was not on my honeymoon. Was in my honeymoon to a whole another level for me. I was just coming to Nashville. I was as a, you're coming to Nashville.
Speaker 5: YEA.
Speaker 6: I had my glock and I always kept it locked up, you know, whether it was locked in my truck or locked in the safety at the house. But uh, this day, I always drive us too, But this particular day.
Speaker 5: My wife was she was like, I want to drive.
Speaker 6: We were going to the lake, her parents place, and a lot of times that the lake will go target shooting out there. I was like, all right, and for the first time of my life to the last time of my life, I've just grabbed my gun out of the out of the truck, locked up and just kind of tossed the book back because it's now our drive will be there.
Speaker 5: In no time. Well, it rained, so we ended up not going target.
Speaker 1: Shooting, so we didn't think about it.
Speaker 5: I didn't even think about it.
Speaker 6: So then we came back the next day and I had like a five thirty am flight and I'm just walking and go through TSA and I see them kind of stop my back and in my mind, I'm like, I fly through here four to five times a week.
Speaker 5: There ain't no water bottling there.
Speaker 3: My toilet trees are the right size, Like, what what's going on?
Speaker 1: You didn't know immediately. No, I mean I didn't.
Speaker 6: Know what was God, I was five thirty in the morning, so I kind of take one step to my right and I look at the screen and.
Speaker 5: I'm like, oh my.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: But not only was it the glock, like I was going target shooting, so it's just loads of ammunition just in there.
Speaker 5: So yeah, Luckily I was in Rileigh.
Speaker 4: I know all the.
Speaker 5: Agents and stuff.
Speaker 6: They know me and they say Scotty, scot has Scotty, but they take me aside and call my manager.
Speaker 5: I was like, hey, I'm not sure I'm going to make it to Nashville.
Speaker 1: Today, so you might have bailed me out too.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, but that was an ordeal.
Speaker 1: Luckily, do you to keep your gun?
Speaker 5: Did you keep it?
Speaker 6: They took it for a while and I had to like do the whole process and everything and eventually got it back, but it was got your pre check. Luckily I had my concealed and everything, so I was that helped.
Speaker 1: But Scott these guys concealed, he's he's a gun guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, what am I shooting?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 5: So good.
Speaker 1: I'm glad that led to that story though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ours was on my our honeymoon and it was the last flight of the day, and so we were kind of already, you know, and Jordan packed on my bags. I was mowing the yard, getting stuff ready to leave for a couple of weeks. And and when we got there and got in line, there were probably fifteen people in my line, fifteen people in this line to the left going through the you know, security stuff, and I'm sitting there and all of a sudden, you see one of the TSA agents just come by and start whispering to these people to move lines, and they're grabbing their stuff and like going over here. And I'm like, well, I guess so I grabbed my bag and I start walking over there, like no, sir, you need to stay in this line.
Speaker 1: I was like okay.
Speaker 2: And about that time, same thing, I saw two cup cops come around thing, and immediately I was like, oh, dude, I did I know exactly what it is. And I walked up to him and I was like, hey. I was like, I know, y'all gotta do what you gotta do, I said, And I'm not trying to get it standing the way in that, I said, but you don't know how sorry I am. And I was like I'm so sorry for bringing and it was loaded with hollow points, dude, like one in the chamber dog like it was. I got to keep it and it ended up being, you know, we went back and do that thing. We made our flight to Hawaii, but yeah, no pre check for you.
Speaker 5: Boy, oh boy. Yeah, thank god you made the flight too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Pre checks real nice guys. I'll be honest with you, it's really nice. I just glide right through there and just keep on rolling. I have lost I have lost a couple of really nice knives.
Speaker 1: I had a guy. He was like, he goes, do you know what you got in this bag? And I was like, no, man.
Speaker 3: He was like, and it was done that too, And I was like, oh dude. I was like, that's really nice. No, okay, no, that one's on them anyway. This one's a fixed blade. It was that Mountain skinner.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, man, and I was already late and I was like, dude, you should put that in your bag and take that home. He was like what And I was like, that's a that's a really nice n let's check it throw it away.
Speaker 1: Dang. Yeah, it was tough.
Speaker 6: My band still actively laughs at me as we are going through through security. They're like, remember that, we'll see you in thirty forty five minutes there pre check.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm getting left behind.
Speaker 1: Hey man, what does what does like?
Speaker 2: You love playing golf, you love hiking, you love being on the beach, you love being in the mountains. I can tell by your shirt Park City, great spot? What does that do for you?
Speaker 1: Mentally?
Speaker 2: Because you're you're always on the road. This this industry is crazy. It's constant. It's a grind. What is what is being out there in nature.
Speaker 5: Do for you? Uh? Everything? That's why I go.
Speaker 6: You know, I think it reach just your batteries kind of gets you a blank slate, and I think it puts you in a mode. I mean we're always writing songs and stuff. Last two times I've really done like a retreat writing vibe. I've just gone up to the mountains of Carolina and sit on the back porch fireplace is going guitars, And I just think you just puts you in a different mindset. You're thinking thoughts you wouldn't normally thank you, You're telling jokes you wouldn't normally tell. And it's like it's it can lead to you know, a different song, A different line, But for me, it's the uh oh man, we've been on the road so much.
Speaker 5: Let me just go.
Speaker 6: I'm just gonna go turn my phone off for a few days, go do some hike and go do something. And it's the recharge of the batteries. And after that, I'm like, all right, let's get back on the road.
Speaker 5: Let's go do it.
Speaker 2: So I remember us saying, like we were talking about being out there and why we love it, and even at a younger age.
Speaker 1: We used to say like.
Speaker 2: We I feel like the outdoors and being out there and whether it's hunting camp or on a mountain or playing golf or whatever, like it turns you into who you want to be sure, you know, it resets everything and it can.
Speaker 6: Kind of take you back to a moment in time or take you back. Like a lot of people love these a lot of people love Yellowstone, a lot of people love these shows. It's like back in the day, like this is how it was. You know, you're getting out there untouched, it's peace, it's quiet, you're not here in traffic, your phone's not ringing, you're not I don't want to turn on the TV when I'm out of those places.
Speaker 1: You got to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's conversations with friends and that's the kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 6: It's like we miss you know nowadays and just living everyday life in the hustle and bustle.
Speaker 3: So we were I was at on a run retreatment time. When we were looking the view was at Grandfather Mountain.
Speaker 1: Do you know what that is?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's that's where we're at. Oh really, Boone, we're in Lynnville, okay, right there. So it was we were looking at Grandfather Mountain. Remember the drive up that mountain.
Speaker 6: Bariscump ran up there. He did Boris Skump at the end of the movie. He's running up Grandfather mount Grandfather Mountain.
Speaker 1: Due.
Speaker 3: I've never been more sick, carsick than I was in the back seat of in the triple back seat.
Speaker 1: I don't know, you're a triple backseat. It was like to the top and we got up. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: We walked across the bridge respect and I was like, I mean, it's it doesn't look at Grandfather though, if you really sit there and look at it, I would agree, looks it looks like a grandfather. Just yeah, like a dad asked Grandfather Land their Grandfather Mountain?
Speaker 6: Lynnville that area that to me is God's country. Really, that is God's country.
Speaker 1: Good plug. There's a barbecue place right there, real close that Olympic. That's what was.
Speaker 3: It's very good. I'll never forget that place. Because the we I didn't know I was going on this surprise retreat. So like the week before we left, we had just fifteen chickens that my wife loved. We pulled into the parking lot of peddling pig phone rings, shy, and I'm like, I'll call it right, but you know, and she's.
Speaker 1: Good, you know, nothing to do that. Yeah, I clicked the phone or whatever.
Speaker 5: I walk.
Speaker 1: She calls again, Okay, maybe I need to answer, you know, And I was like hello.
Speaker 8: She goes, they're all dad. They're all dad. And I was like, I had no, I didn't. She was talking about family. She could have been anybody could have been anyway.
Speaker 3: She goes the chickens they're all dad, and I was like, in my mind, I was like.
Speaker 5: Oh, oh, thank god. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was my first run too, and we'd had them like a couple of months and they were just na.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the neighbor's dog.
Speaker 3: The neighbor's dog had got into the cannels and just it was like a map. I mean I got home to like a day or two later, and it.
Speaker 1: Was it was just like.
Speaker 3: Masters and old feathers and carcasses and legs, beats, you know, and my dog remmies out there like just throwing stuff up in the Yeah.
Speaker 1: But man, it was ill.
Speaker 3: Never and then I had to walk in and eat barbcue and they're like everything cool.
Speaker 6: I was like, Uh, you didn't get the chicken pull chicken didn't not that?
Speaker 5: Ye shout out pal p, Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: So I think you're a lot like I think you cut your child, you cut your chop from church?
Speaker 6: I did one one that's right, that's killing.
Speaker 3: That's your favorite? What's your favorite throwback praise song? Come on, let's do it.
Speaker 6: Oh many, can I remember it?
Speaker 4: I want to see great song, great praise song?
Speaker 1: Alright, what's not dude? Almost have you forgotten? Remember that?
Speaker 4: What is that wrong? Lord? I love to see your brain.
Speaker 1: Dang, let's get throwback.
Speaker 4: I'm so glad you're in my I'm so glad you came to the same watch he came from land to show to the ground.
Speaker 7: My dad today across to the grave, from the grave to the sky Lord, I lift your name on.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: We'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: I didn't think we'd been doing that same.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's crazy bro back. Yeah, that's that's exactly how I cut my chops.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Same, all of that.
Speaker 1: That and him, So we're very him him driven.
Speaker 5: That's wow.
Speaker 1: Did y'all do? Did y'all ride in?
Speaker 7: Thing like that?
Speaker 1: The audience won't write anything. I just do cover doing that, so we did.
Speaker 6: We did a bunch of covers and stuff, but uh, it's still really covers.
Speaker 1: It's pretty right. That's it's not like you're in a bar like learning. We used to do a cover.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a cover of an original song that somebody you know, I mean what, I don't know for a lack of better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're pretty good though.
Speaker 6: Man. My drummer Cody came to Nashville for a while, was drumming around here doing stuff. He was always going to be my drummer, but when my band got kind of picked for me after Idol and stuff, my drummer Joey. I mean, he's become one of my best friends in the world and he's been with me since day one.
Speaker 5: That was I told Cody, it's like well, if Joey ever moves on to a different gig, you're my guy.
Speaker 1: He never did.
Speaker 5: Joey has been here for thirteen fourteen years.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's Cody's still in the basement keeping the chops.
Speaker 5: Cody's so good man, What a good dude.
Speaker 2: Uh you watched your granddad smoke a pot growing up and kind of got you into cigars.
Speaker 5: Right, dude. Yeah, I don't like cigars.
Speaker 2: I love I want to get into it a little bit because I'm a new cigar guy.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't do them.
Speaker 3: I actually got out of the truck at Kroger yesterday and as soon as I stepped out of it, I smelled Sir Walter rawleye and I was like, it was meat.
Speaker 1: I could have went that's what, That's what.
Speaker 3: Deady Spude smoked his pipe and I smelled it's just a basic black smoke.
Speaker 5: Smells so good.
Speaker 3: I had to say something. I just I walked out and yeah, that smells good. And I didn't know it, but the window was down on the truck. Next he was like he was he had backed in and I had pulled in, so our doors were next to each other, and he's smoking a pie. Yeah, and I dang that smelling well, thank you. So I was like, oh, shoot, he.
Speaker 1: Was a man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wanted to hang out with him a little bit, but I didn't anyway, cigar smoked.
Speaker 6: What's your go to cigar? Yeah, I don't discriminate, you know, I like him. I like a bunch of different ones. But to me, the reason I like cigars is a lot of the same reason why I was just saying about doors and recharging and resetting, Because for me, I mean, it's it's two hours smoke, you're slowing down, you're having a conversation. I'll smoke a cigar by myself, but I prefer.
Speaker 5: To have my buddies with me.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Kind of got to be outside to do that too. Yeah, you don't have to be.
Speaker 6: Unless you're on the front line of the bus and then you're gonna just tear up your finger the next day.
Speaker 5: But oh yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 1: It's really bad.
Speaker 5: It's really bad. But yeah, it's it's just it slows you down.
Speaker 6: And and uh, I've grown to like I got books on them, Like I know that the leaves, I know where the leaves are coming from. The Dominican and Nicaragua and and I mean Cuban cigars and kind of what makes them them And yeah, so I probably know too much that where it would get boring and but it's it's all.
Speaker 1: Right, So explain a human door to me and why you need them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it just keeps the tobacco at like the perfect kind of place to be smoking a dry smoke you're gonna be it's just kind of go through it.
Speaker 1: But that's if it's that's if it's been left out, left out.
Speaker 6: And stuff and and uh, but yeah, it just keeps them at the ideal temperature, ideal humidity to to give you a good long even smoke.
Speaker 3: What about ziplocks in your junk drawer under your oven? Is that a good place to store them.
Speaker 6: If if you've got like they did the Bova the packs or whatever. I do zip locks for a tuugh aware all the time when I'm going on the road.
Speaker 1: On the pack there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, pack is that what you call above the but I'm not sure exactly how to pronounce it, but it's, uh, it's something like that.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: I bought a pack of h we went down to Mexico last year and I was no, it was last year and and I bought a pack of money Crysto's.
Speaker 1: I haven't smoked any yet.
Speaker 5: Oh those are good, Crystal number two. Like I'm a beach.
Speaker 2: I'm a beach cigar guy. Like a porch, like we went to Back Forces, we went to Yeah, we went to Jackal Island last year and took and so when the girls were inside, you know, drinking wine and talking boys and stuff, I was just on the porch smoking. And I never loved it until the and I was like, oh my gosh, man, yeah, I had no clue what my phone was.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. I gotta I don't get it.
Speaker 6: Hey, Well, next time you're around Grandfather Mountain, come on by and we'll we'll go in the back.
Speaker 3: I smoke a cigar after dry after whatever driveway to your place.
Speaker 1: I will be in the bed for two weeks. Dude, I can't even.
Speaker 3: I think I maybe got sick on a cigar one time or something like.
Speaker 2: I was, well, you probably, yeah, you're probably smoking it wrong. Probably That was totally I probably am.
Speaker 6: That was me with Levi Garrett when I when I was when I was playing baseball and stuff, that was my go to and then took years off of it.
Speaker 5: One day, I was walking the dog and I'd gone to the gas and so I'm gonna get me a pack.
Speaker 6: And it's been a decade, but I'm sure I still love it is that you. I just about didn't make it home, just hurled over. Man, just got it like I used to.
Speaker 3: I'll never forget my first time I ever took a dip. I was playing rb I baseball. This is college and i'd have been about the Goat Game nineteen.
Speaker 1: That's the goat game. We had this one house.
Speaker 3: We would we would all we lived in the dorms with our me and Jamie who plays with Loot now we would We went to our buddy's house who had he had a house there and he had to RB baseball and we had like tournaments. Dude, like, yeah, it was awesome. And uh I was playing and.
Speaker 1: They were like somebody was like, I'll take a dip, you know. I was like, man, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of a bitch, and he was like, no, and take it, and so I put one in and uh, I remember playing and a couple of innings went by and I started feeling the sauce on like the backs whatever it is I don't know what it is. And I was like, man, am I What am I supposed to do with this? Like sauce back here? And he was like, oh my gosh, you hadn't been like swallowing that. I was like, I don't, I don't. I haven't been intentionally swallowing it. It might have happened. And I sat up from my chair and when I did, the whole room and they were like and my buddy Parker was like, Justin Parker shout out. He was like, uh hey, Jamie said, he's green.
Speaker 1: And Justin pulled my lift out with one hand and ran his hand finger in there and got it and went to the door and slung it when he did, and I ran my tongue in behind where he had because I was at this point like a zombie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was dun And when my tongue hit that dude, I ran the porch, I threw up. I got in Jamie's truck. He drove me home. I threw up three times and then I passed out. And to this day I can't smell it. Can't smell it, and I don't know. The crazy thing is like I could socially casually like smoke a cigarette and it wouldn't do anything. I wouldn't even But dude, if I smell winter Green, sends me your grandfather, you know.
Speaker 1: Boy, Me and Mackenzie Carroll shout out.
Speaker 2: His dad was a big dipper and sure, and we grabbed a pack, grabbed a pack.
Speaker 1: One time.
Speaker 2: I went behind the ship here their ship at their house. We were young, and we thought it was like big league chew. So we started chewing it like bubble gone. Oh god, yeah, I can't.
Speaker 5: I can't smile. Sometimes it just ain't for you.
Speaker 1: Sometimes for you.
Speaker 2: You said in an interview that, uh, your biggest goal was to always play the Grand Ole Opry. Yeah, now you're a member crazy played it what probably several times?
Speaker 5: Who inducted you?
Speaker 1: So you played it last night?
Speaker 5: Played it last night?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's the best place in the world for country music. So Garth Brooks invited me. I was there for Christmas show and Garth and pretty wild.
Speaker 1: How did he do it?
Speaker 6: He texts you, No, he uh man, I It's been such a goal of mine, Like I'd been hoping it would happen for for a long time. So like every night I played the opera, I'd be kind of like looking around my shoulder and what you.
Speaker 1: Got to clarify.
Speaker 3: You gotta clarify what's the difference between play and the opera, And like.
Speaker 6: Well, anytime you get to play the opery, it's an honor, you know, and they have to invite you to come play the show. And I mean, I don't think people realize how big of a role they opt be played in making country music country music, how popular it is, like the radio tower down on sixty five. It is like if that wasn't there, who knows if we'd be doing this right now. Yeah, But so you have to get invited to play, but then to become a member, it means I mean they're accepting you end of their family. I mean, and it's it's who's like my heroes Ronnie Millsap and Dolly and Randy Travis, like the people I grew up listening to our members there. So it's the greatest honor I can think of in my career by far. So Josh Turner, who is a huge influence for me growing up, and Randy Travis did the induction, so pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: Crazy what's the new? Uh? What's the new? Buckalist? I'm for you man, like, what's the new guy?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I really that that's that was like my everest, you know, so I really, uh, I really got to think about what's what's next.
Speaker 5: I always wanted.
Speaker 6: You always want to raise bar higher, You want to write better songs, you want to play the bigger crowds, you know, and that's we're always working on that. But man, for me, it's like I know whether I'm still making records, whether I'm still touring the country, Lord willing I turn eighty five, get on down the road out I'll be the eighty five year old man still playing the Offrey, still come to town. And that's knowing that I'm a part of that family and can do that.
Speaker 5: It's just to me.
Speaker 3: By then you might be able to just like think it and then you just appear. You just don't even have to click, don't even have to like get your gun through.
Speaker 1: You know, what if? There's what if?
Speaker 3: Because y'all got flagged by essay when it does come time to just like, what's the word I'm looking for? Transport, just immediate transport. Y'all can't do it, but everybody else can.
Speaker 5: Don't put that in your whole band.
Speaker 3: Shoots to Australia and you like these guys. Oh no, Goneline reading McCreery, seventeen hour flight, buddy, teleportation, sit in the back teleportation.
Speaker 1: That's what I was.
Speaker 5: That's the Star Trek thing. I heard my whole me up. Scotty.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I bet you did hear that once or twice? You know what Red did. I'm so glad you didn't say beat me up, Scotty.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 1: Reid when we had Kobe, Oh.
Speaker 6: Gosh, he said, I'm getting secondhand anxiety, just.
Speaker 1: Said, could you care me?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Why is that so taboo? Dude? How many times just wanted to know? Would if I said beat me up?
Speaker 3: That would actually that would have actually been more appropriate because we were talking about teleportation.
Speaker 1: That would have been a good joke. But read and it was. It was at the very beginning of our part. She laughed, Oh no, it's not. She likes me so much more than she likes she did good. She was like, I've never heard that one. She just staring were singing harmonies, bro, did she or did she not say I've never heard that one before?
Speaker 5: She she called her team immediate we can go back, you said.
Speaker 3: You guys, Thank you jos. I appreciate that. Yeah, she's she's obviously noticed.
Speaker 2: The one time you interview Kobe clayor aren't you gonna Before we go any further, I just need to know what's that?
Speaker 5: Would you like any bubbly there you go? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Are you feeling it in your bubbly nose or whatever.
Speaker 5: That thing was?
Speaker 1: Anyway, she's a vocal. She's a vocal.
Speaker 3: She's amazing. Oh my, it was saying thing, let's just put some song writers on blast here.
Speaker 2: What's your out of your number of your six number one giant hits, what's your favorite.
Speaker 1: You know, and then you're gonna do your least favorite.
Speaker 3: Okay, if least song at least favorite song you ever cut was one of mine, that'd be awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and we want a song called by five More Minutes would be top dog for me.
Speaker 5: That was just the way it came about.
Speaker 6: And and uh, like I had, my career has been so crazy, just how I got started kind of you know, the biggest show in TV and you couldn't go in.
Speaker 1: It was wild.
Speaker 6: But like I never wanted to be the TV guy. That was never my goal. I was always planning to come here for college.
Speaker 1: Turned out to the.
Speaker 6: Point that at that point I would say, you know, most people thought of me that way. But I always wanted to be on country radio. I always wanted to gig off songs that I wrote. So five More was the first time that I put a song out into the world where it kind of got accepted and and uh went all the way at the top. And it was after kind of a whole shebang of of not great business stuff going on in my world.
Speaker 5: So it was it was like a redemption story.
Speaker 6: But it was like a man, if you sing songs from the heart, you know it will resonate from it. The song taught me a lot, you know. So that's uh, that would be my favorite.
Speaker 1: That's Money Crystal too right. I love that guy money and Frank I love that guy. I love Frank.
Speaker 5: Two.
Speaker 1: What was your first hit? I'm trying to remember.
Speaker 6: First song that kind of worked for me. I would say I would call it see tonight Ude.
Speaker 1: Tonight.
Speaker 7: U has of course, I'm coming over. It's all right, listen for me pulling in new your drive. Yeah, Jo, you've seen my lives. The baby girl, I gotta see it and with a breeze is blowing, blowing, int what you know, holding holding only.
Speaker 4: You so tying under that porchlight. Girl, I gotta.
Speaker 7: See it tonight tonight, tonight, girl, I gotta see it and not jam that's man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say that was the first one that really really worked.
Speaker 2: That's got it's got a little it's got country in it, but it's got a little soul in It's got a little thing.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's that's what was going on for sure.
Speaker 1: Did you did you?
Speaker 2: You said your mentors running millsap, you know all those guys you love us, those are your heroes. Who did you have any of that like R and B stuff growing up? Did you you love any of that kind of.
Speaker 1: You got a little you got a little sau.
Speaker 6: Yeah, man, I'll tell you. I don't know if y'all know this or not. You remember the Gap band? Yeah, you dropped the bomb, baby. Come on, So I was.
Speaker 5: I was riding the school one day in eighth grade.
Speaker 6: We used to ride the school bus, and then they changed the districts and we got grandfather riding a carpool. This lady named Briannetta Smith Fornetta Hey, Hey, and she she was not listening to She wasn't listen to the country radios. She was listening to Never Forget It. It's one of four point seven Foxy Radio and uh, welcome to the drive. That's right, that's exactly right. So all of a sudden the song came on and I was like, what is this? So this is like before she's an we're iPhone. So I like to take out a pen and paper and I start writing down every lyric to this song so I can get back home and hop on.
Speaker 5: Lime wire and yeah, this says you know.
Speaker 6: It's a song called Charlie last named Wilson, and Charlie Wilson was the lead singer of the Gap Band. And do when I tell you that like changed my world?
Speaker 5: Like I am.
Speaker 6: I am the biggest Charlie Wilson fan, got every single one of his records. We've become friends over the years. I've sang with him a few times. But he's just like he's everybody calls him Uncle Charlie. He's Uncle Charlie. He's like Snoop Dogg Uncle Charley. Yeah, Uncle Charlie Wilson. He calls me his nephew. So that's my dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're kind that makes you like a part of the family. I think that's probably cooler than being part of the.
Speaker 6: We've been talking. Well, you know, I tell you I need to get Uncle Charlie on the opery now.
Speaker 5: That that would be special.
Speaker 1: Yeah you should.
Speaker 6: We talked about doing a song together for a long time now, so maybe, uh maybe he still got it, Like right now, Bro, last time I saw him, he was doing an arena like they got real. Yeah, guys, guy's a superstar and uh yeah, he does runs that people can't even dream of doing.
Speaker 5: He he's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you could tell he's got a little army inflections, so a little little it.
Speaker 5: Might be I'm quarter to Puerto Rican, so it might be a little.
Speaker 9: The quarter porter porter quarter rolls off the top, got a little there's a little a little rolling up, rolling up for my Puerto Rican brother in here.
Speaker 4: Crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, what's what's down the road for you?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 1: What are you We got in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're working. I'm the head of the studio.
Speaker 6: Right after this, we're recording some new tracks and uh we're gonna have some hopefully some new music out soon. And uh yeah, we are heading out with Kane Brown for some dates I'm doing a much of our own headline and stuff too. We're heading over to Europe next year or this year.
Speaker 5: So have you been. Yeah, yeah, we've.
Speaker 6: Done it a few times now, and it's it's such a cool audience to play for because they're just kind of they're listening to you, they're looking at you, they're not I mean, they're part they're having a good time. But here, I think the show is about the party there. It's like about the music. So it's uh, looking forward to that and chats. It's a lot of a lot of fun stuff. Man, I'm excited about this year and what's to come. So it's real bad over there. I don't know, you think so, or it's just.
Speaker 4: Mad?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Not a fish and chips, guy.
Speaker 3: Not a fish and chips. There's a lot of fish and chip. If it just ain't for you, you know, something for you somethings. I mean, I liked it. I think I just I think I just ate so much fish and chips. It's a lot of things over there, a lot of salt, a lot of blood sauce. It just kind of gross over there, like black beans with your breakfast. Didn't okay, didn't. I'm more of a bacon eggs guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, is there fish and chips not just like fried filets. Yeah, but it's not like the way we fried fish. It's like it's not American.
Speaker 1: It's like giant.
Speaker 3: It's like, uh, I can't really, I don't really know.
Speaker 1: Everywhere I went it was like that long and meaty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not like the thin Chrispy Fried quick flash fried kind of it's like a it's like a grease pocket fish hot grease pocket, hot pocket, hot fish, Pope pocket fish. Yeah, kind of kind of that hot pocket. Stop doing that. Europe get with it, although they do have a bunch of KFCs.
Speaker 5: Over there, and that was kind of our, isn't that Wilde?
Speaker 1: That was our?
Speaker 6: The Philippines and I saw McDonald's. It was I was young. I was seventeen. It was like what but they didn't have fries. They just had Mick Rice to go with Rice. Yeah, Mac Rice. I was like, what in the world didn't know that?
Speaker 5: Crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I love red Letter Blueprint that you got Jason kraw He's crazy.
Speaker 5: He's such a vocalist craft.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all the crafts can go, but I just I love that, like, especially in the time like now, man, that that you know, you're putting your faith out there and and and just telling people about the Bible, man, you know, and that's that's that's really cool.
Speaker 6: I think it's huge, man, I really do. I think my faith now is as important as as it ever has been in my life. I mean, you you become a daddy, you're gonna be doing something, You're gonna be praying.
Speaker 5: You know, you're gonna be saying some prayers. You know.
Speaker 6: It's just yeah, I need some help for sure. And it's I try to I try to walk the walk. I'm making mistakes, all of us do. I mean it, it is what it is. But luckily we got a guy who's who's paid for those mistakes, you know. So it's, uh, it's important to sing about important to talk about it. It's hopefully it doesn't get lost in the crazy world that we're living in now.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I agree, you're gonna run it back on kid number two, man, keep that going.
Speaker 5: We'll see, We'll see. I'll tell you.
Speaker 6: It's it's one of them things where we got our hands full with one, you know. So, but you know, Lord Willing, I grew up with a with an older sister. I think it'd be great for itv to be older brother one day. But it's all all in Guy's plan.
Speaker 3: We'll see it is indeed they I don't feel like the one to two jump was was that bad. I don't think two to three was way tougher than one of two.
Speaker 6: Getting independent, like he's right now, he's starting to do his own thing.
Speaker 1: It's also you find yourself like you.
Speaker 5: Talking about two to three age. You talk about two to three kids. Two three kids. Oh, I don't know that as I saw you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got three now. Yeah, it's a holy holy yeah. Bros, you are doing some praying. I live in a constant state of prayer. I'll tell you, man, you know what it is for me. I should have done this from I watch you mad at But like.
Speaker 10: There's always there's always water in places, there's always liquid somewhere it's not supposed to be and I'm not water. Yeah maybe maybe maybe we do got a party trainer on here. That's why you gotta have a leather couch, dude.
Speaker 3: But I literally walk in yesterday from work, come in, Shine's nursing the baby, and then there's like everybody the other kids are just like burning the house down. And I walk in and there's a literal puddle on the table and it's just dripping onto the seat. And I was like, I didn't mean to be this guy, but I walk in and I had a pretty good day or today, but I walked in on something and I was like, shying.
Speaker 5: God.
Speaker 1: She's like, yeah, I was like waterfall on the table. Just what just water just falling in it. She was like, well, I didn't. I didn't.
Speaker 3: I'm over here feeding. And that's what two to three is for me. It's just like you can't watch it all. Yeah, And so I don't know why there's water everywhere all the time though. I mean, it'd be two o'clock in the afternoon and I'll just like step in a puddle of water or liquid.
Speaker 2: Is it okay for babies to like baby teeth to eat ice?
Speaker 1: Do y'all know the answer to.
Speaker 5: That baby teeth to eat ice?
Speaker 1: I feed my kit My little boy is obsessed with ice.
Speaker 2: I'll put like he loves like he will literally not eat his his meal that's in front of him, his tago meat or whatever steak if I have a glass that you can see through, and he sees crushed ice.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: He will cry for it, and so I'll like, if it's big ice, I'll put it in there and out you it up and get a little piece and give it to him. But that dude'll crunch ice, and I don't know if it's like good for him or not. But that's why there's that's why there's water.
Speaker 5: All over bad. Any questions like that, I typically defer to my wife. Is this okay?
Speaker 6: Uh, we were in the process. Yeah, we're in the process. It's wild West, dude, It's it's it's interesting, it's for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah. It's always something.
Speaker 1: We'd say something so I can interrupt. Do you remember, Yeah, do you remember the song I hadn't done?
Speaker 11: The souh shure was part that thing you had to say. But it's a part of showing for the one that guy.
Speaker 5: Way man, we got diddies.
Speaker 2: Wow, we do a thing called the one that Got Away. It could be a fish, it could be a deer, not a girl. Because you're married.
Speaker 3: So song Hamburger, we like remember uh And the second time she's coming up on this podcast.
Speaker 2: Pobek was a was a one hundred and fifty thousand dollars gift card to a spot to a spa.
Speaker 1: And like a and yeah, no way she lost.
Speaker 2: She actually like twenty thousand. But we keep on incrementing. We can't tell everybody about the joke every time we got too because his face was a wonder that it was actually twenty thousand. But still that's a lot of that's a lot of it expired.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that sure is.
Speaker 1: I think they honored it later though.
Speaker 5: Oh good, that's that's nice.
Speaker 1: I don't make it this fun.
Speaker 6: I feel like for me, like one that got away, Like I've had songs that like didn't cut that it like I should have cut that, you know, when number one, I was like, dangn that should happen for me, Like it's it got away. But it's also like something like a cringe worthy moment for me looking back on. But again, I got started so young. I was a teenager and I was nervous to do anything. We were playing the show with the Chesney up in Canada, and I finished up my show and I go change into like a T shirt and short so I'm watching Chesney side stage, and it's like I grew up listening to this guy's music. I'm such a fan. I loved all this song. Uh, He's finished up his show and he comes over right before the encore and he says, Scotty, what's up man. I'm like, kind of Kenny kind of just being a dummy. He says, you want to come out and sing with me on stage? You want to come do a tractor sexy with me? And I just froze and I got so nervous.
Speaker 1: You say no?
Speaker 6: And I said, Kenny, I don't think I know the words, and he just kind of he didn't say anything. He just kind of looked at me, and then he just kind of walked away and he left, and I was like, of course I know the words. Its like and all you have to do is say she thinks my track your sexy and go high five people. I think back on that moment all the time, and I'm like, dude, like, what are you what are you doing? I haven't had a show with him since I think you went back to I think he went back and said this.
Speaker 5: Guy, this guy good one. It's one that really really like.
Speaker 6: I'll think about that just in the shower sometimes and just friends.
Speaker 2: Like come on, give me another get he loves more.
Speaker 1: Give me one more. Oh, man, that's great, that's a good one. That's bad choice. I think about that.
Speaker 3: My there, my guys, my my little guys learning good choice, bad choice. So sometimes when you're like doing something, but he was like bad choice doing all right? About what kind of choice does that? So I'm gonna start doing that. Hey, we had a chance to sing with Kenny bad choice. Should have just done it, man, Yeah, next time.
Speaker 2: Also were in the show. It's been an hour. You gotta go do more important stuff than this.
Speaker 1: We get it.
Speaker 2: We do we do favorite song. So it's like we used to do greatest song. We used to do favorite song. Everybody got mad at us. So we merged the greatest slash favorite favorite tune for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, what pops up here?
Speaker 5: Immediately goes to straight and Dean Dylon.
Speaker 3: I think I heard him.
Speaker 6: They might make it one day. My favorite thing right now about this song is that my.
Speaker 5: Kid loves this song.
Speaker 6: Oh it gives two years and four months old and he calls this the excuse Me song. He's like, Daddy, can you sing the excuse Me song? And I was like, yeah, yeah, I can do it. And I'm teaching who sings this song? George Stract. So I'm starting to young, but yeah, I think the excuse Me song is my my favorite song.
Speaker 3: Let's play the excuse Me song. I'm gonna you're gonna have to excuse me if I don't play right.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you.
Speaker 4: Got it.
Speaker 1: Will excuse me.
Speaker 5: But thank you gotten my freaking killer vocalist.
Speaker 4: Know that one's not taking night on my If you see here.
Speaker 7: Loud bean glad to share eats h packed teer on Friday nights.
Speaker 4: Lord, if you don't mind? And could I talk you out of.
Speaker 7: A well things? Could I drink you a bude?
Speaker 1: Two verses doesn't have any more hall listen, I mean.
Speaker 4: What I name is? Can I buy you a drink?
Speaker 5: Anything? Please?
Speaker 7: Nasty old your way, come buddy, don't think God called your name?
Speaker 4: Are you waiting for someone to meet you here? Well?
Speaker 5: That makes two of us.
Speaker 12: Glass you cash. No, I don't know the name of the band, but they're good on it was July to Dance.
Speaker 7: Yes, I like this song too. It reminds me of me and you.
Speaker 1: Baby.
Speaker 4: Do you think there's a chance.
Speaker 7: Bad later home? I could drive you home? No, I don't mind, Dad all Oh, I like you too? And to tell you the truth that wasn't my chair after all? I like you too, and to tell.
Speaker 4: You the truth.
Speaker 7: That wasn't by chair after all.
Speaker 3: Come on, the guys around a flag killer vocal the killer.
Speaker 1: So we got auto ten on that mic or something.
Speaker 3: Get bro, I was hanging on Dean Dylan should be you hung what a song?
Speaker 5: Drink you a boy? It is like one of my favorite lines ever.
Speaker 3: I think that's the line that I think that's the line that gets everybody on the song. I think that's the one they go that song is awesome and that I mean it is.
Speaker 5: Who thinks of that?
Speaker 1: Nobody? Now? That is crazy? Yeah, that's that's stupid. Dean is uh, he's a different human.
Speaker 5: Let's go write a song with two verses and one chorus.
Speaker 3: Never today, they'd be like they'd be putting their freaking smashed finger up at get to the chorus that.
Speaker 1: Two minutes and twenty seconds. But I mean, you look at it.
Speaker 3: I mean, I wonder if that structure was weird for then you think so or just kind of a normal deal.
Speaker 6: That's a good point. There's not a lot of songs, how many other songs anything?
Speaker 3: I don't know what I don't know one. Yeah, off the top of my head, I don't know when that goes verse verse. I mean you always like.
Speaker 2: A song like that too, is like if it's that it's that different, but that good, it's probably gonna work.
Speaker 5: Song stands on a song.
Speaker 1: Right, it's in its own lane, you know.
Speaker 3: So what else stands on its own is Scottie's career. He's a great singer. That's great songs. Good way to put it. It's gonna keep rocking. You're great, dude, Thank you for.
Speaker 5: I've watched this for a while, so I'm glad in the hot seat.
Speaker 1: With this guy. I don't know why eBoy watches this.
Speaker 5: Oh it's good stuff.
Speaker 1: Thank you, mad stuff.
Speaker 2: Hey, y'all go check out Scotty in twenty twenty five on the road with Cane Brown.
Speaker 1: Watch out for new music. Dude.
Speaker 2: You're great man. Appreciate your hanging out with us too. Thanks for hanging out in guys country. We'll check you out next time.
Speaker 1: Go play some golf or something.
Speaker 5: Twist mowing