Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Invisi Line, trusted by over five hundred NFL players for their winning smiles, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your host, Nicole Hutchison.
Speaker 4: Hello, Welcome in to Girls Talk Boys Talk, presented by Invisi Line.
Speaker 5: Here in the s WBC studio.
Speaker 4: I'm Nicole Hutchinson alongside Ayisha Morrison, Jessinavares, and Brianna Aldridge.
Speaker 5: We got some good news, ladies.
Speaker 4: What's up by the way, Okay, seem ad mood like, what a a great day.
Speaker 6: This is a good start.
Speaker 5: It is good start. It is Cowboys have signed well extended.
Speaker 4: Also, did you do to a four year, eighty million dollar deal that it's fifty two guarantee that means twenty million per year?
Speaker 5: My math ain't that great.
Speaker 4: But I'm not gonna count the money worth worth every part, every penny worth, every penny worth, every penny of it. I mean, just the first reactions from you ladies when you guys saw the news.
Speaker 7: Beaming but not surprised to be honest, I'm glad he got his money here, but I'm interested to see I'm interested to kind of poke around and hear what other suitors there could have been for him. But like we had talked about, he wanted to stay in Dallas. We knew that. And I'm really glad that he has a long tenure here with the Cowboys. Good locker room guy, great lead by example guy, great on the field, production, draft and develop, has been there worth every dang penny. In my opinion, I can oh, Diggy do it.
Speaker 5: That good girl, go to it.
Speaker 7: I'm in a great move today, I am.
Speaker 8: I'm proud of the Cowboys for getting this done because I was getting scared.
Speaker 7: We talked about it last week, the.
Speaker 8: Franchise tag rumors, and I remember I told you guys, I didn't like it.
Speaker 5: I hate it.
Speaker 7: I didn't like it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's it's basically, we want you, but we don't know how to keep you, and we're stalling until literally July, and then that's when it would have really put the pressure on. But why, I think this is a good sign because now it means let's focus on Micah Parsons, Let's get that done next.
Speaker 5: And I think.
Speaker 8: It shows that, you know, they can what we've been talking about, they can develop and they can retain, and I think it's a good step in the right direction. That's why there's so much positivity at this table because again, now you can start to work around the other pieces and hopefully fast.
Speaker 7: But what is it for deadline today to make that choice. So it's right on target.
Speaker 5: But they got it done. They got it done.
Speaker 4: I gotta defend the Cowboys though, on that just a little bit, because there apparently were some other outside factors that were kind of playing into the whole deal being done and then the Cowboys having to decide that, Okay, we're gonna possibly put him franchise tag Osa.
Speaker 5: So I do have to not gonna be exact say exactly what.
Speaker 4: Happened, but there were some outside factors on why this whole deal had been a little bit delayed.
Speaker 5: But I should have.
Speaker 6: Bad which is no, you're fine, that's what come on, reporter, what you're here for. But no, I agree with you, ladies. I think the deal was necessary and then given the people would consider it a team friendly deal, but it's really what he deserves and that you know. Fourteenth, I think it's fourteenth or fifteenth. It'll make him the fourteenth or fifteenth highest paid defensive tackle in the NFL, and I think that that's fair given where he is. Obviously, we got to see an uptick in his play towards the latter part of the season, and I think if that is. If that is, then you're getting a hell of a good player. Furthermore, when you look within ebra flu system and the way that he likes to play football, it is very contingent on his front four being strong and being able to win in one on one situations and not having to come with a lot of blitzes and things like that. And ohso Digizua, as we know, is a gentleman that has passed rush ability. I think he's a stabilizer. So I'm happy. But this also allows you to go into the draft, into free agency and things like that. Again, I saw Calvin Watkin's suite. Hey, this is not going to stop Dallas from attacking the DT position in free agency and draft, and thank God, have mercy. I would hope you, but you have a foundational piece. He's earned this contract and I'm looking forward to him being here in the future. So I thought it was a smart move, and as we're going to talk about, it frees up some of your finances to do some of the other things as well. That cowboys seem like they're cooking a little bit right now, so let them could. I don't know what to say.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: If I listen, I don't know. I don't know if it's a slow cooker, I don't know if it's a rock pile.
Speaker 4: As long as they're talking about air frying.
Speaker 7: Stuff, as long as they cook, babe.
Speaker 6: It depends on what's necessary. Oh dang can cook a lot of stuff in the air fry quick, but sometimes it need to be in the crock pike.
Speaker 7: Well, it depends what you're making.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying. So we're trying to make you need Well.
Speaker 5: What are you using to now cook?
Speaker 4: If you're the cowboys money, I'm still trying to decide. I don't know, Like what type of cooker are y'all using?
Speaker 5: I don't know. It depends on the play.
Speaker 7: It depends on the player. If they need to simmer in a better deal that's worth their time and money, they need to simmer however, also deal it's like an air fryer deal. Like to set it a little bit longer than you normally would in the air fier, but like you got it done. They make it up a lot of different They're using the whole kitchen to cook.
Speaker 4: All right, Okay, all talking in a different language right now.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: I shouldn't take it so like it really only makes Oops, you're outsing the wrong person.
Speaker 4: All right, Let's go ahead and take a listen to what OsO Diggi Zoo had to say. Patrick and I had a chance to hear what he had to say about this deal, and.
Speaker 5: Go ahead and take it away, Jazzy Cornerstone.
Speaker 9: Player by this franchise.
Speaker 2: You know, I feel like it just speaks to the hard work that's paid off, consistently working in day day out, you know, and just making those deposits finally paying off.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 2: I can now look at my mom and be like, you never have to work again, and that's really what this has all been about, you know, So being able to do that. Uh, still it's still kind of registering, you know what I mean. It doesn't even feel real at this point, so, you know, just kind of soaking it in.
Speaker 9: What's the first thing that came to mind when you got the call that done deal. You're gonna be with the Cowboys another four years, eighty million dollars.
Speaker 2: It's awesome, you know what I mean? I love Dallas, loved playing for this organization, love being a Cowboys. So the fact that I to do it for another four years get very very large playing Chris to do it. It's not that I wasn't already happy doing the work, but just get to have an even bigger smile on my face when I come in the building.
Speaker 9: What's the the first thing you're gonna do now that you've got this deal? So you want a Disney World?
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't judge me, but I'm actually gonna work out later. You did.
Speaker 9: One last question? Now having been made a cornerstone player in this franchise with matt Evin Flus coming back into the building, but as a defensive coordinator role. The way he runs schemes, his three tech he's been he himself with ebra Flues has hit the three tech is the engine that drives his defense. What does that mean for you going forward with ebra Flus and just what can this defense be in twenty twenty five coming off of an injury, Ravisour.
Speaker 2: You know, I think the injuries are always there's always risk of injury, but just playing in this defense, it's it's always fun to play in the defense that emphasize the D line, especially as a D lineman and a three tech one that I feel like myself being versatile, having many skill sets. So playing for a coach that recognizes that and is trying to, you know, put that on display and make that the main thing and just kind of use that to the full potential is going to be a lot of fun.
Speaker 5: I know I'm able one question, just real fast.
Speaker 4: I know I'm able to get you tomorrow, but I do want to ask, this is now your third DC.
Speaker 5: In three years.
Speaker 4: What's the challenge for you and just learning new systems every year.
Speaker 2: I mean, I feel like it's gonna be good just giving what Shaddy has said, you know what I mean. I like the way he thinks, and I'm getting the same vibe from coach Fluce. They're gonna put us into positions to do what we do well, so you know, learning the scheme stuff like that, that's not something that I really struggle with. I feel like I do a good job of getting my plays down very quickly. Not a guy that has a lot of mental error. So just you know, learning that and then finding my ways and my opportunities to make plays within that is going to be a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: It's going to be a lot of fun seeing Osa for the next four years. Heila, I'm crying, but just I mean, what was the best takeaway.
Speaker 5: From just hearing what you have to say?
Speaker 6: Ladies?
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, don't let himool you. That man's a full on Disney adult. I don't let fool you. Yes, he's a Disney adult, Disney adult. But you know what, like, aside from everything he said about his mom, Like we could go on and on about that, but something that stood out to me, Matt Eberflu's really just started. He just called him coach Flues. I don't know if anybody else got onto that. I was like, ooh, we got a good little spark between your DT and your DC, And to me, that should get you excited. And for me, when I hear Osa talk about how mental mistakes aren't really a thing for him and he picks up on schemes, well he's shown that. And I think the way Osa attacks this game is so mentally tough that he really does hone in on things I think in a way that benefits him on the field mentally and and how he absorbs information is is definitely something that I wish I could do because the way his brain works, I'm like, dang, that's crazy. But yeah, the coach flews that, I was like, oh, all right, good, we're already in conversations and that means good things ahead hopefully.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's like a it's like a perfect I don't want to say a story but ending because he's got four years here to go. But this is like the perfect full circle moment for him the franchise because you have to think about it, like I, you know, I talked to analysts all year round. Osa's not the guy that everyone's talking about because you have Michael Parsons right there. So I feel like this is just like a surreal moment because you can he's put in the work, right, He's coming off his best season. He deserves this money, like everyone is saying, and it's noticed and recognized, and there's a lot of changes that are coming into this. So like Justic's point to hear him confident in not only his new DC but his new head coach.
Speaker 7: This is perfect.
Speaker 8: This is in if it works out right, because now it's the same thing the pressure we saw it. I mean DAK has always had the pressure, but when you pay CD and you're talking about okay, they need a number two while a lot of people are like, well, you just made CD the high one of the highest paid players for his respective position.
Speaker 7: So no, he's got to figure it out. He's got to hold up that end.
Speaker 8: I think it's the same pressure as on DAK, and I think a lot of this pressure will now go on. Oh so like, okay, you just paid this man, what is it fifty what guaranteed that he's getting it to Yes, So that's gonna it's gonna require a little on pressure. So I'm very interested to see how he steps up to it. And like he says, he feels like he has the coaches who are going to utilize what he does best.
Speaker 5: So I'm very excited for him.
Speaker 7: And it's it's like a little goosebump moment.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree. A couple of the things he said stood out first, talking about his mom and I and I think we hear players say this all the time, but to me, it resonates because it is a reminder of what they do it for and a lot of the time, you know, we talk about it. This league is short for a lot of guys, and a lot of guys don't see a second contract. And for him to get to that point and you know, obviously feel some weight taking off of him to do some of the things that he's desired to do in his life for his family is something that I cherish as well. But also to I think you asked Nicole in regard to the changes in the system and the challenges and having to install a new system now to think about Ebraflusive system, and I think this is why the guys aren't as like when you ask them. I think this isn't the first time we've heard a player talk about it, and they're just like yeah, because ebraflucis system and the way that he does things has been around for a while. Like I said, it's not super flashy and fancy and things like that. He just allows guys to be themselves like he like they mentioned, but also too, you go, you just go win out there, you know. So to me, I think that the system transition may be a little and I could be guessing, but that's just me. It may be a little smoother than what it was with Zimmer because zimmer system, in the way he runs things is very exotic, very a lot of disguising and things like that. That's not Eberflus's vibe. Even though I know he is gonna get busy with Micah and Osa and kind of moving them around. So I'm I'm not as worried about them, uh retaining what this new system is gonna be. Like, I'm not as worried as I think I was before.
Speaker 7: Do you also feel like it was It's less of a I want to say culture shock with lack of a better term than it was from Dan Quinn to Mike Zimmer last year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I would say, I would say, I don't. I don't know much about Eberflus's temperament. I don't know if you.
Speaker 4: Ladies finds just a chill guy, like a dance he gives me, Dan guys with the guy honestly, Yeah, No, I mean I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't think it is for them because, like I said, they can look within other schemes in the NFL and see some of what he does. I think that Zimmer was very specific to like what his tools he had were like and how to navigate them, and I think we start to see that later in the season, just kind of how he was putting guys together and finding like different different lineups and rotations. But I think it's you know, you went up front, went up front before, and life's going to be easier in general for you, And that's kind of what el Flu stands by.
Speaker 5: So I also got some other roster news. The Cowboys are retaining CJ. Goodwin.
Speaker 4: They he's a greet to terms and will turned on a one year deal, So that is also some news.
Speaker 7: That's a good Win.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, bro, Like she says it and then you don't catch it to you're like, yeah.
Speaker 7: Another year of good wind puns my favorite.
Speaker 5: I am crying.
Speaker 4: All Right, ladies, we're gonna take our first breaking up. Next, we're gonna talk about the other news around the NFL and how that could possibly impact the Dallas Cowboys. All right, we'll be right back with more Girls Talk, Boys Talk.
Speaker 11: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti store? Letter Rip Troy?
Speaker 12: All right, folks, let's get started with the Yediy French Press and Joe Kalby This Stay's Hot f hours and French Press thirty four Hans for U six four for the Cruise of Yey French Press. What mixed waterproof bags, bags of waterproofs, some Wersta waterproof, Devil's waterproof bag, bags forts, most of watershed get a waterproove YETI bag gonta smell something cooking poul new cast iron skillets may be passed down like Mama's recipes. Take a steak, cornback, Cobberence Pope pine and potatoes next ovel well three sizes of the Yetty cast iron skillets.
Speaker 11: Gear gifts and product experts visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 10: Today discover Aiden, the official luggage partner the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. Known for top cheer engineering and craftsmanship, Aiden offers more than just bags. Originating from Australia and designed in New York, emerges fashion, design and culture used by Dallas Cowboys player's staff and the entire organization. Aiden provides style and functionality for all travelers. Visit aidendebrand dot com and use code aidenex Cowboys for twenty five percent off your purchase. Travel like your favorite stars with aiden.
Speaker 13: When you're on the field, you know what it takes to lead your team and play with confidence. But that confidence should just stop at game time. It should follow you off the field too. Join over five hundred NFL players who trust in this aligne the number one doctor recommended clear Aligner brand. Do it for confidence on and off the field. Do it for you. Ready to take the first step towards a smile you'll love, don't wait. Visit in divisilign dot com, slash NFL and find a doctor.
Speaker 2: Near you today.
Speaker 13: Transform your smile and take your confidence to the next level, both on the field and off.
Speaker 5: Cowboys fans.
Speaker 14: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively to business taxes. Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Cowboys Nation, Dallas Cowboys United, presented by Globe Life is now exclusively in the Dallas Cowboys app. Joined the Official Fan Club today to receive access to all of the new Cowboys drops, featuring a team news and pre sale access, and fan and kid of the game. That sounds cool. Download the app now to join. How do you be fan of the game? I guess I have to download?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well say that's what you gotta do. Instruction.
Speaker 7: I'm only asking. I'm only asking because I know some people that would love the aka my parents, not the parent kid of the games. Sometimes I don't know.
Speaker 4: We'll see, you know what else Some people love or may not love. I don't know if the Cowboys will love this.
Speaker 7: But I love the transition.
Speaker 5: Here comes great. I know it was a question, breu what they know? The answer? Yes, all right, Deo Samuel is joining Washington. Yeah, I don't ye. I don't think they love that though, Yeah they don't love that. They could, I don't know, depends. But also Saequon Barkley signed to UH.
Speaker 4: He got a two year, forty one million dollar contract extension with the Eagles. Now that deal makes Barkley the NFL's first twenty million plus per year running back.
Speaker 5: Can we now talk about how much that is.
Speaker 4: Going to probably affect what Rico Dala wants if he wants to resign here in Dallas, which I'll think.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I am glad that that running back market just got uped though like that it's that reset the market for the running back. So that does work in any running backs favor right now, including Rico. What I do think is, I think when we now when we think of free agency, like, oh, dan Quinn's gonna be at it again, and dan Quinn doesn't let a moment pass without inquiring, which is a great reputation to have, right So automatically you think, oh, you know, all of the laundry lists of free agents could very well jump ship go to Washington and they know what they're getting into dan Quinn. My mind kind of goes there for Rico. But now, if you want a little positive spin, maybe with Debo going to Washington, that gives the Cowboys maybe a one up they might not have had if they didn't retain him in free agency, to maybe have a better chance of retaining Rico if that's what they want to do. That's the only I mean, really, you just don't know yet.
Speaker 5: I just don't know.
Speaker 7: The running back room is such a question mark.
Speaker 5: You just don't know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think it's at it's gonna be.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be interesting because I mean the running back position overall, like it's just so it's really not fair because their bodies are getting worked, in my opinion, the hardest, and their careers are the shortest, and they don't get paid as much. That's why mister James Cook, who just put up franchise rushing numbers for Buffalo, is saying I want fifteen mil, and everyone was like, you're insane. But any other player, if that was a wide receiver, it's a totally different ballgames. So in that aspect. But I think Rico, I'm not sure who he's represented by, but I think you still have to be realistic on the type of season he had, although for him is coming off career best, I don't think we could sit here and compare him to a Sa Kwan.
Speaker 5: Yeah please, oh fact. Yeah.
Speaker 8: And I think I think I'm just saying that because I think the number game is going to be interesting on what he's asked, and he he should stand on business and on his own I don't think the Cowboys personally respected him as a running back, especially towards the beginning of that season.
Speaker 6: He really had to prove it.
Speaker 8: And I think I said it earlier before when we first got together, that I think he held his own in a respectable man.
Speaker 6: I don't think.
Speaker 8: Everyone in this league, I think, have a tendency to go to social media and kind of make a stir or we'll talk to the media after. You know, hearing running back by committee when you're clearly the running back one in that room at that time has to be frustrating, and I think he handled.
Speaker 6: It very well.
Speaker 8: He was always very respectful, you know, even after a tough loss or he didn't get the ball as much as he wanted. It was just like, I'm just going to keep proving myself that I'm running back one. I'm just going to keep coming back. And that's what he did and that's how he ended. But again, if I'm the Cowboys, I'm going to try to keep him because I think the loyalty there and that's the type of player you want in your locker room.
Speaker 6: And so yeah, I shared this sentiment on most most guys in the league aren't Saquon So's facts. Yeah, I mean, it's just that he is a difference making running back. But also too, another thing that's going to affect the market is that even though Saquon got that money and other people might be asking for some more money, this is one of the best running back draft classes we have seen in a long time. So if you think people ain't gonna go cheap, young just as explosive, if not more explosive. Obviously too, there is an uptick in why running backs having receiver type capabilities. If you don't have that, it's almost like a knock on your uh, your play. So for me, I really feel for the market the running backs that are here in the NFL right now, because it is very hard to think that teams are not going to pick up a rookie because you can maybe get one into the fourth, fifth round in this draft and be like, oh he can play. Now it gets different like towards like the start of the fourth I would say, but you might look up and get a guy in the fifth that is a good player. So with that being said, Sequon Saquon, y'all can they can? The running backs can ask for their money. They deserve it. And I think Rico, like you ladies were saying, I think Rico being here, you need foundational pieces, You need stabilizers. You need guys to be able to show some of these young guys around and stuff. So I would like for him to be here. But Cowboys also need to be trying to pick up a running back in this draft.
Speaker 4: Class as well. What do you think the next step is for Dallas? Of course we're seeing the different reports of C. J.
Speaker 5: Goodwin.
Speaker 4: Of course we can expect some other special teams guys UH to have some have a deal done as well soon. But as far as the foundational pieces, I feel like you were mentioning, who do you feel like should be next outside of Michael Parsons.
Speaker 5: No, that's that's a given. Michael Parsons who should be next?
Speaker 6: Well with them freeing up some of the kids as they have right now, it should be it should? I saw David Moore allude to a why I laugh, Sorry, we were just thinking about the same thing, my bad. Should it should allow you to retain guys like a Jordan Lewis if you want to ye again in your cornerback room. Yeah, really Will Smith and that room right now.
Speaker 7: Like that's but coming off of but coming off of injuries as well. Yes, track it repetitive everybody in that room.
Speaker 6: So for that, I think you would sign him back. I don't know what's gonna happen with the defensive end room, because Lord have mercy, if I'm if my if I'm looking at it from what I think is is right now, set in stone, Micah, Marshawn, Kneeland, OsO Adiggizua period and a Masi and Mazi sorry, Mazi and Mazi. So and that's it. You ain't got no rotation, you ain't got none of that right now. And these guys legs get heavy, so they also need to be looking at like defensive end and what's going to happen there. So yeah, it's a lot going. Yeah, it is a lot, but you can I think they can attack it. I think they can do what they need to do to to at least push the team forward or to at least just again just stabilize the team. Like a few weeks ago, we were in a panic because it's like what's happening right now, Like we have no idea what this roster is going to look like now with some of these guys being signed back, it's like, okay, well we can we can stand, we can stamp that, and you can start feeling and once you get the foundational places you you can start looking at Okay, I need a role player here, where I need this guy here? And then a free agency Winisterry I just he starts around the corner.
Speaker 7: Coming, it's around.
Speaker 6: It's around the corner. So going into the draft, not having to push for need and things like that is the best thing to do. And this does feel like they're trying to do that. And here's a cookie for it. Yeah, the cookies from the airplane. Oh those are good Christie's cookies. Yeah, alright, No, you're fine.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Samuel off to Washington and uh that was for a fifth round pick.
Speaker 6: Ladies by fifth fifth Unliff Kingsbury is going to have a field day, you know.
Speaker 5: J and Daniels gonna have a field day.
Speaker 7: Sorry, I'm just gonna say, yeah, division, I've been sick seeing everybody else have a field day. So just keep on this trajectory of doing things at the right time with the right people so you can have yourself a field day like I I am glad that this happened now with Osa and then C. J. Goodwin and all the places, all the pieces seem to fall be falling in place to get the right players like we're talking about. But they have to continue to do that with retaining but also adding additions that make sense in the places you're gonna be able to need plug and play that you don't really necessarily have time to draft and develop. So sure, cool, but like let's keep it going. Yeah, don't slow down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, here's your division, full pedal. Your division is continued to get better. And the thing about Debot and bringing Debo in when you look at Washington and you look at when they started to struggle, is when Terry McLaurin seemed like he was like the piece because obviously they sent Johan Dotson over to Philly d and now has a ring and I just want to throw up, But they needed another receiving option. They needed another and they needed more familiar Yeah, and they need more from their run game. And I think that they will get that the mixture of both with Debo. Obviously he's dealt with some injuries this last couple of years or whatever, so I think a fresh star would be good for him as well. But yeah, they're addressing something that they saw hamper their offensive production. And Debo was available, so go get it. Do what you gotta do, I guess and.
Speaker 8: I know, but how it's just what they got, what they gave up to get it. It was And I just want like, is there a class where like the Cowboys can figure out how they get a little splashed with the fifth round pick a later pick because this fourth.
Speaker 7: Round game is gonna say.
Speaker 6: I just think it's the approach they You know, they've expressed multiple times that they don't call people, that they wait for people to call. That's so if that's your mentality, that's that's not how football work. Like that, Like you need to be the aggressor sometimes it is up to you, because baby, I know, the scouts are the area of scouts and stuff are bringing players and like, hey, this guy's on the prize. Hey this guy got a little song going on over there. You might want to go scoop them up, Like I'm not. The scouts are doing their job. It's like, what do you so for them? They may have to change their approach.
Speaker 7: And you know what, I'm interested to see as well, we're talking in terms of free agency, how the UFL kind of plays into that as well, and how not having a bones fossil eye could also impact that because when you have a bones fossil hand selecting Akvante Turpin and a brand and Aubrey like, that's kind of I know that's not his key focus is scouting, but he got you too literal gems in the rough.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I for a talent.
Speaker 7: I'm interested to see, you know, kind of that aspect as well, and if the Cowboys continue that route with looking in kind of areas that maybe are overlooked.
Speaker 15: Sometimes I'm just I'm hyped up to see free agency like they at me thinking they're gonna do just.
Speaker 7: A little bit.
Speaker 5: Let me show y'all, because I got show y'all.
Speaker 4: Because normally when free agency comes around, I dread it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I dread it because I.
Speaker 8: Just be like, I don't I don't want to see high former high draft picks from other teams that didn't work and try to make it work here.
Speaker 7: That's what I don't want to see.
Speaker 6: I'm scared, let's see it.
Speaker 7: But that's that's what I hope, not like there's just.
Speaker 8: There's so much opportunity and they're restructuring and they're going to continue. So at least like today, today was a big step, So I don't want to get greedy. Big step and now see what else that they can gather up in free agency because there are there are some some guys that are available that could really help.
Speaker 4: They're conciously optimistic that part second break, We'll be back with more Calvil Girls Talkboys Stop presented by a visit line.
Speaker 10: Cautiously discover Aiden, the official luggage partner the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. Known for top tier engineering and craftsmanship, Aiden offers more than just bags. Originating from Australia and designed in New York, emerges fashion, design and culture used by Dallas Cowboys, player's staff and the entire organization. Aiden provides style and functionality for all travelers. Visit aidendebrand dot com and use code aidenex Cowboys for twenty five percent off your purchase. Travel like your favorite stars with Aiden.
Speaker 13: When you're on the field, you know what it takes to lead your team and play with confidence. But that confidence shouldn't just stop at game time. It should follow you off the field too. Join over five hundred NFL players who trust in this align the number one doctor recommended, clear a liner brand. Do it for confidence on and off the field. Do it for you. Ready to take the first step towards a smile you'll love, don't wait. Visit invis Aligned dot com slash NFL and find a doctor near you today. Transform your smile and take your confidence to the next level, both on the field and off.
Speaker 11: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti store letter rip Troy All right, folks.
Speaker 12: Let's get started with the Yeddi French Press and Joel Calver this Day's Hot for hours and French Press thirty four as for U six four for the cruise of Yeti French Press. What mixed waterproof bags, bags of waterproof some whersa waterproof, double's water prove bag bags forts mostly the water should get a water prove Yetta bag glas smell something cooking po new cast iron skillets made to be passed down like Mama's recipes. Take a steak, cornbit, commence pot pine potatoes, next level well three sizes of the Yetti cast iron skillets.
Speaker 11: Gear gifts and product experts visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square Today Cowboys fans.
Speaker 14: When it comes to navigating the ever changing world of tax, your business needs a partner it can trust to tackle even your biggest tax challenges. Ryan is the largest firm in the world dedicated exclusively.
Speaker 5: To business taxes.
Speaker 14: Our team of tax professionals has local expertise in all areas of tax and can help you uncover savings opportunities you didn't know you had. Learn more about how Ryan can improve your overall corporate tax performance by visiting Ryan dot com. Ryan the official tax partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Okay Well, for the first time ever, Long Star Smokeout is coming to Arlington. Watchheadliners John Party, Cody Jinks, Midland and more at this three day outdoor country music festival, plus enjoy barbecue from some of the best pitmasters in the country. Get your tickets today at sea geek dot com, the official ticketing partner of A T and T Stadium, Nicole. Do you know who any of these people are? No Time, Sean Party, Cody Jinks, and Midland.
Speaker 5: Do you know any of them? I don't know any of those people. Do you know them.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know, yeah, yeah, they like artists or something. Yeah, other band, that's very I think.
Speaker 6: I think I played a song with the band that I was with them, but I saw a guy.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, aways, we're not our last segment, all right. We have some fun?
Speaker 7: Wow, so much fun? I love fun.
Speaker 5: Why are you looking at me like you stressed?
Speaker 7: Shit?
Speaker 5: Why I feel like she?
Speaker 7: You and her have different definitions of fun. Betimes very true, because your fund can be a little traumatizing for us depending on what it is.
Speaker 6: Can be making me stressed.
Speaker 5: What you gotta think for this one?
Speaker 4: All right, it's gonna be called wild card free agent. Just hear me out, all right, you're gon choose a player who's somewhat of a bit of a stretch in terms of like they've had a down year this past season, or they've had injury concerns, but they could possibly hit their potential if they signed with the Cowboys and could be a game changer.
Speaker 7: Oh, you already know who I'm gonna say.
Speaker 6: You already know.
Speaker 7: It's obvious. It's obvious choice here.
Speaker 6: Very obvious. It's obvious.
Speaker 7: But it's a good choice. And let's let's talk about why I have the notes here, all right. I did read earlier for multiple articles and reporters that the Rams are open to keeping him. So that's also why it's a little reach here, because that could be a possibility. However, you can work out of the slot to get open over the middle receiver. Who's the only other guy that was doing that this season other than Jake CD anybody that's right exactly that it's a silence, correct, that's that was the correct answer. There is an injury history like you're talking about. However, I think this would work in Cooper Cup's favor to have such a young receiving room because you have a rotation of guys very much similar to how I think they wanted to use Brandon Cooks but never did. So he's not getting the full on reps every single time, which in turn would create a longevity for how much he's able to play. If he were to come somewhere here with a younger room, only thing is.
Speaker 5: The money.
Speaker 7: The money would talk, and I think that's when other contract restructures would have to come into play. He would do a twelve point five million salary base cap hit with a seven point five million ross your bonus. That any team that acquires him would have to pick up. So if you do the math with what the Cowboys have available after the CD restruction, these deals math and math in However, there's other contracts, bigger contracts, Trayvon Dak you could restructure to make it happen. It's a stretch, but I do think he'd be a really good fit here, and you also want that veteran presence if they don't retain Brandon Cooks. I just think that's always a good idea, especially for a receiver. Yeah that's my that's my pitch. Okay, go for it, Go ahead. Me just piggyback off what you said.
Speaker 8: I like the Cooper Cup because I feel like it's a it's someone from the Cat that's not gonna overpower sheety because I've seen like like Devonte Adams. That was something I saw coming into here, and I was like, this too big of a personality to match it with CD, if that makes sense. So I was like kind of piggyback on you said no money, money, money talks.
Speaker 10: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't think that was gonna work for that reason.
Speaker 8: But if I had to pool now I know no call you talked about someone who had a down year, if you will. It's more of a person who again something similar to we talked about what the Eagles were able to do to get that person who was one point I think five million.
Speaker 6: And it worked out.
Speaker 8: Pooniford a nose tackle from the Chargers. That's who I wrote down. I think what he's able to do not only plug in for upfront in the trenches, but I've seen him being able to do the double team. We've talked about that a lot. Who can actually do that. I think he comes in and he's an impact player. He's twenty nine years old. I could see him signing a two year deal when I looked up what about what he would get? Mind, he just signed a one year prove it year for one point five. The Chargers obviously want to keep them, but they're in the same situation as the Cowboys where they're looking at twenty six plus free agents that they're working around who are bigger names than Punifford, and he's would be hitting about just under seven meal, which I think is doable, especially when you're just restructured CD and that opened up twenty million in cap space. You haven't even touched Dak there's other things you can do. I don't think if you're not hitting double digits. I think it's something that you're trying to bring in, especially if you're really trying to be serious upfront, and when you're talking about the type of division when again the Commanders are adding, the Eagles are adding, and twenty nine years old, that's that's when you want to get them.
Speaker 6: Yeah. No, I'm glad that you went defensive defensive tackle. Come on, girl, I ain't gonna be too greedy. I got a couple, but I'm gonna say Jared Reid the interior defensive tackle for the Seahawks. He had an injury Week eighteen. He was not able to start that with a knee injury. He started every game last year, but got banged up towards the end. Not sure if the Seattle Seahawks feel the knee to retain him, because they did go out in the draft and get some you know guys then, and also too, I think because you're white linebacker of the Arizona Cardinals. Arizona Cardinals aren't that good this year, so he had a down year. This is a guy that has a lot of range and plays with some ferocity. I mean, no one's gonna replace a de Marveian overshown. But I will say that the Cowboys linebacker is another position that has been riddled with injuries. We don't know if they are going to uh bring back an Airic Kendricks. If they don't, then they are probably gonna be in the business of looking for a veteran linebacker. This is a gentleman that I think would be not only be affordable, but would also make your team better as well. So or Nick Bolton if that's really what you're gonna do now. Gray Greenlaw interests me, But is he too like I thought personally? I thought he came back real quick, real quick, real quick, real quick, and then obviously he injured re injured himself again. But Drake Greenlaw is someone that I think despite his injuries, people are gonna take a look at him. People are gonna take a look at him. Maybe the Coways do. But I would be addressing the defensive side. Sounds like you want to go offense, which I'm totally down with the offense too. What I was gonna go receiver and I was gonna talk about de hop only.
Speaker 7: Because we can knew that we knew.
Speaker 4: No, you need a veteran receiver in here and someone to play with Ceedee Lamb on the opposite side.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And you look at obviously.
Speaker 4: You could claim his twenty twenty four season as a down year.
Speaker 5: Just because postseason.
Speaker 4: Why And he had six ten yards receiving yards, five touchdown, three catches twenty nine yards in the postseason alone. So I would say that's a down down here for him, considering he's had seven one thousand yard seasons. Of course, three first team All Pro selections, five time Pro Bowler, but he's now what thirty.
Speaker 5: Two years old. I believe I'm mistaken, So it won't be as I'll say.
Speaker 6: I won't.
Speaker 5: It won't say it's gonna be cheap.
Speaker 4: But certainly, if you want someone to come in here and be an impact player, you want to go.
Speaker 5: I like d Hop for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I think he's still Kansas City's offense and the way that they were running, some of the stuff they had going on, especially from the offensive line perspective, Patrick was running from for his life, and so for me, I do think I agree. I think he still has something in the tank, So I would be open to that too. This free agency class in general has some good players absolutely, So that's why it's like we can go every position and be like, yeah we could. Cowboys do have an opportunity to really get some good players in this in this free agency and again going to the draft being like, okay, now we can put the sprinkles on top.
Speaker 7: You know, it'd be great to sign micat first, so you have the money to play around with because otherwise you're just window shopping.
Speaker 6: Which is odd too, because.
Speaker 7: The market is set.
Speaker 5: You know, you want Mike on the team.
Speaker 7: I'm not really here that that's just howthy that's just how it is.
Speaker 5: What it is. It is.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, no, no. I'm I mean I'm legitimately looking forward to free agency. Yeah, I mean we're already in it, key, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: We're already in it.
Speaker 6: I mean signing back CJ. Goodwin, signing Osa, the restruction CD, things like that. We're already in it right now, and so they're trying to take it the guys here and yeah, then we'll be able to move forward.
Speaker 5: So it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 6: Come on, team building. I think it will fine. I think it will.
Speaker 7: I think I will I'm not trying to be pessimistic. I'm really not. I just think you should enjoy this feeling today.
Speaker 6: Well, what I will say is one thing that gives me excitement is that I think the gentlemen, some of the gentlemen that they brought in from a coaching perspective, the new ocuh Clayton Adams. I watched the Cardinals, I saw the rosters, I saw the offensive lines, and he got good production out of not stars, not a bunch of stars, not a bunch of fancy schmanchy people. This is also too like, yeah, we want to attack free agency and do things like that. But I do think that this coaching staff has a plan for what they want to do and that's going to help them be able to look for what they need. Last year, I felt like we were like this, like they missed a crabs me. Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 4: It seems like they all align with what they want to do as well, like there's no.
Speaker 6: There's a clear cut plan. There's a clear cut plan, and that's we didn't have that last year. We did not have.
Speaker 7: Because you also didn't assign Dak Prescott until three hours before kickoff of your opening game. That's why. That's why you didn't have that. So for me, when you have another big contract lingering like that for a star player again, you cannot wait until that point to do that again, or you're gonna have a repeat of a really good free agency class that you don't get to shop from. You just get to sit back watch them all go to your same division, probably because you know the Eagles and the Commanders, They're not just gonna window shop. They're gonna say, take my card, spend it right now, cash like. They're not playing around with that. So for me, unless Mica gets signed quickly, it's just hopeful thinking and hopeful wishing. And that's just the reality of it. And hopefully that's not what it becomes. But until you have the money and the space freedop, you can't do.
Speaker 4: Much Before we go, What would y'all if y'all had to describe how the Cowboys are moving so far in free agency in this off season, but you have to describe it as well. Compare it to a type of food, Yes, okay, compare the way the Cowboys are moving this free agency to the type of food.
Speaker 5: I got one. There could be a meal, Okay.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at it one I'll think, Okay, I got one.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 6: It's like hubachi, you gotta way today, will out that thing. You gotta trust the process. The fire might scare you, but you might be a little entertained. Like listen, courses, you get, get the salad, you get the whole thing, and you might be fool by the time you get there. I hope they not.
Speaker 5: I got mine. What I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go a soul full meal.
Speaker 4: I say that because like and I mean like like the fried pork chops, mac and cheese, yeah, all that. And I'm gonna say that because like it tastes good right now, right but like you know how like when you eat like heavy food, it's like dang dang until proven otherwise, as right now it feels great, it feels good. However, I don't want that feeling like that too much, like it was too much to do.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, And I get what you're saying, right, you don't want it to be too high?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't want to. I don't want to like regret the food that I ate. If that makes sense. That's deep because like last year, that's deep.
Speaker 4: Last year, I feel like waiting so long until day near training camp of bring other guys in there, Like it.
Speaker 5: Was kind of like a feeling like crap.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't like this, and you can't rush good food.
Speaker 7: That's also I know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I hate it when it happens.
Speaker 7: I gotta I think I gotta bring out the air fyer.
Speaker 8: We talked about it. I got my I got my air fryer, and I got my pizza. And the Cowboys are pizza because listen, that is the one food, in my opinion, you can reheat. And you're reheating a little bit of what we got shot is a reheat, but it could still be good and I still might that.
Speaker 6: Okay, oh god.
Speaker 7: But you have to use the air fryer. It's my coach and staff. Ye shot my pizza. All right, I'm gonna go chips and salsa because you gotta like pace yourself when it comes to chips and salsa, right So like if you order them at the beginning of the meal, you're just going and going and going with your chips and salsa. So right now they're going, but they got to pace themselves otherwise otherwise AKA signed Michael Parsons. If they don't, they're not gonna eat their meal. They're not gonna eat their mealk because they ate too much chips and salsa. Being from New Mexico, I know how that be. Like, I get it, so I'll have to get it to go box, to go box, but then it doesn't taste as good the next day exactly.
Speaker 5: So no, all right, this has been fun.
Speaker 4: Jesina Barres, Brianna Aldridge, I'm Nicle Achison.
Speaker 5: We'll be back here.
Speaker 7: We gotta chip wow.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Coowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club