Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right.
Speaker 2: Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, welcome back, Hall of Fame Edition alisia E y L. This is something that this is big for us. This is a big day for us. So first and foremost, we gotta thank our god, Kenny Burns.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the legend.
Speaker 2: Shout out to.
Speaker 4: Kenny Man, good, good, good, genuine dude. Without him, this wouldn't have been possible. He connected the dots for us. So Earn, Elisia, you know, we've been checking off our bucket list. We interviewed Shaquille O'Neil, We've interviewed our favorites from a long list of different people. I don't want to forget anybody, but you know, it's one person that early on, early on, we already had two people. Early on, we had Nipsey Hustle and we had Dame Dash and Dame was really an inspiration for us as far as we're a business podcast, not something that probably would have been as popular at it as it has been if maybe he didn't push the envelope of business and entertainment and being independent for so long. And he had a legendary breakfast club interview that changed changed a lot of people's lives for so you know, needs no introduction, but entrepreneur, family man, record executive, film producer, a director, actor, fashion designer, father. Yeah, I said, family Man. We're in his studios right now, so you can't tell this this is gonna be this is gonna be a good one. So, first and foremost, Dame, I appreciate it. Man, thank you work, welcome on your leisure.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you for the intro. Nember was a record executive always on the label though.
Speaker 4: Okay, so Dan, let's get into me. We want to talk about a lot of different things here. But the first thing I want to talk about. We in your studios and it's in the middle of a global pandemic. But the thing that you actually told us is something that it's true for us and a lot of other people that we've interviewed on our show, is that you know, it's actually been a situation where you're actually lucrative and during this time for creatives content creatives. So you actually own a studio a network. So I want to talk about that because I haven't really heard you speak about it too much, and I feel like a lot of interviews they ask kind of the same question. So you know, own in a studio, owning a network. We're gonna get into the nitty gritty of it. But what's the idea behind that? Like what made you want to go into that world?
Speaker 2: Well, was you know, your relations it was on my bucket list to have a network, but residual income became really important to me because as I was getting older, I was like, I don't feel like being so social. I don't feel like being around people so much, especially people I don't like it. And I wanted to be able to earn money while I was by the pool and do it when I felt like it. So, you know, in my experiences with making movies and with percentages I owned through certain movies, I was like, damn if I made my own movies, owned them one hundred percent. And when the Internet came, because it's a director consumer relationship, I could sell it directly to them. You know. You can remember even back at the breakfast club, I was like, cut out the middleman. Yeah, there's an Internet. So I just think I grasped the reality of what was happening because I was looking for it. I was looking for independence and the Internet gave me that and having the wherewithal to make content, you know, observing content is cool. I went through that phase. But to get residual income, you have to be able to do something that people want to see over and over again, which is scripted, something with the beginning middle and end produced a certain way, and you know, in this moment it's a crowded block. I think a lot of what people are doing right now is good, but you know it would have been better if you had realized it ten years ago. It was there. So now instead of being weight, you're two for fives. You know, you're a trade and you have to hustle on a crowded block. You know, I was preparing, not to say for this moment, but for the moment that I could just completely do what I want, when I want, how I want by the pool. So when the pandemic happened, it was perfect. People were home, any things to watch. I had a lot of content to edit. I own all the cameras. I have a studio. I don't have but five people in my studio. Anyway, you see, when you came in here, you had to get heavily tens not even not only a test. I'm able to also put the gun on you too, the heat gun. You know what I'm saying, diabetic, I understand it. But at the end of the day, a general has to be able to move in the war. A soldier has to be told what to do. A general prepares for a war before it happens. I'm a general, so I was preparing for a different war. The war and the revolution has always been financial empowerment. It's always been able to tell them to get the fuck out my face. I'll do it on my own and be confident. And that's always the way I've approached things. I've always known that if they could do it, I could do it. Period. I'm looking at my competition and they don't seem swaggier than me. They don't seem cooler than me. They don't seem tougher than me. You know, they're not built for this. They seem to be told what to do. They seem to be acting like it's theirs and it's not, you know. And for me, it's like I have pets. I have pet dogs, my puppies, and they depends on me for food. They give me comfort. But I'd be like, I wonder how they would have been able to survive on their own if they had to actually kill something every day to eat, they'd be a different kind of animal. So when I look at me and I look at others, I'm just like, yo, I'm a different kind of animal. You're a puppy. You're there for somebody's entertainment. You get fed, and you gotta be nice. I'm a wild animal, I'm a killer eat before somebody gives me anything. I like the way that feels.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you started at the beginning of the pandemic. You said that you had to create content challenge. But within that you went into the definition of why content is so important because when you have a lot of it, you create a catalog. And as you create a catalog, now you can license in Can you get into that a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like anything residual income. People will pay to borrow it or rent it from you so that they can put commercials or have people pay for it. So let's say a BG wants to license one of my movies. Appliged, I need four hundred thousand for three years, but you're gonna give it back as soon as the three years is done. And you could only have the rights for television, not digital or anything else. And that exists for every form from Facebook to digital probably Instagram in a minute, you know what I mean. So, yeah, that's what licensing is.
Speaker 4: So your model, I know you have the subscription, so you do a little bit of both. You do the subscription service and you do the licensing, or is it like some of that.
Speaker 2: That's just an ancillary thing, is the licensing. But at the end of the day, right now, it's a streatment service. But there's also a twenty four hour network that it goes over the air in Charlotte, and there's now I'll be able to go and have the twenty four hour network playing from the actual app, So you'll be able to go watch television and have the television experience, or you could pay and subscribe and you'll be able to get it on demand.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you this commercials let me ask you.
Speaker 2: This, but also let me say one more thing. One of the other reasons why it was important for me to have and have my own network was because it was like, I'm selling music, and they use music in networks. I'm selling clothes and everybody got to wear clothes. At the time, I was selling weed. I smoke weed in the content. So it also becomes a commercial for everything. So if you watch on or up, I made the clothes, I made the music. You know, I made the sunglasses. Everything that you see could be brought from me. So it also becomes a commercial for my ancile.
Speaker 4: Every products CRUs branding.
Speaker 2: They could buy it directly from me, so it's a store and it comes home shopping network while you're watching it. And in the television business, traditionally a network will pay a production company. They'll buy their idea and then pay them to execute it. So all these ideas, these black shows, they come from black people. But the only way a network will take the show as if it comes from a white production company such as E one. People like Tara Long and we Channel will only take our black stories if they're made and budgets controlled by white people. So I walk into E one, I see posters of black families all over the wall, but in the offices I only see white people and the dysfunction that they cause and try to capture. They always want to put a camera on us. We can turn a camera on them. Oh, get that camera off me. I'm not signing off and all that they want us to make fools of ourselves. Capture that narrative, play it over and over again so you believe it. And they want to make sure that they're not seen at all, and they never exploit their own culture. So I look at channels like VH one and look at what's the most The biggest thing on the network is our dysfunction. I look at WE Channel and they try to make us as legends, look like dysfunctional people and actually do things to make it appear that way. And then the other programming is jail. You know, it's embarrassing watching the WE channel Life after Jail. It's embarrassing making money. So my network isn't about the distractions and those patterns that they put into our brain, all data to make us think that we're less of who we are. And my network is about health, about like if we got diabetes, I got diabetes, so there's a dash Diabetes network. You know, we don't recognize trauma. The racism and the day to day life that we just think is normal is trauma, and we don't get therapy. And when we do get therapy, it's based on research done on white people, because black people don't get therapy to get research done on it. So we don't know how to recognize our own trauma, and we don't know how to help ourselves. We think being fucked up and being depressed is normal and it's not. We don't teach finance. It's an empowerment on television. We get taught yo, take a short price so you can make some money going to the strip club. Build your brand that way. Be stupid and act crazy so people will pay to actually talk crazy to you in person.
Speaker 5: So what's that process like? Right you said that the network is in Charlotte.
Speaker 2: Right now it's also over there.
Speaker 5: It has it been tough with actual I guess big networks trying to broadcast it or syndicate it or what has that process been like for you?
Speaker 2: I mean, right now, I'm just opening up shops. So it's been cool. It's been easy as fuck. It's been having information and understanding it and applying it the ship. They don't teach us. It's been expensive figuring it out, but it's been worth it and it's been fun.
Speaker 4: So let me let me ask you this. So I don't want to compare you to Netflix, but I'm just using them as an example. Definitely compare me to all right even better. So Netflix, if anybody's not familiar to eight, they spend the most money out of any TV station in the world on original content, and they're also heavily in debt.
Speaker 2: Like let me explain that to you.
Speaker 4: Okay, I was gonna ask you a question. So they spend so much money that their profit margins are extremely thin because they spend it.
Speaker 2: Apparently, I don't think that's their business model, Okay. I think their business model is buying content and then leveraging it later. But in the beginning, they were licensing, and that's the reason why they lost so much money was because they were licensing. And then when they did their own original programming, I think it was called House of Cards, that changed the whole game for them. But every year they do lose a billion dollars, but they raise a billion dollars. But they at the end of the day, there's probably one company that's just for and you know they own stars too, by the way, so basically they can incubate one there and put it there. And I think one company is really primarily for I'm not saying that I know it, but if I was betting man, I would think one is for the subscriptions, which is a loss, but they could raise money and blah blah blah. And the other is for the content that they own that they can leverage that they're beginning residual income from because they actually are paying people to make shit that they own.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, so, but my question was as far as creating content that is expensive, that's why they have to borrow money, I'm assuming how does that relate to you?
Speaker 2: Like, that's a skem. They're just paying for fucking you know, too much money for craft services and shit. I own all the cameras, so I cut out all that bullshit. I could do everything, so I ain't got to pay it riter. I't got to outsource the production company. I and the production company. I gotta rent no cameras. I got the cameras. I ain't got to rent no editing base. I got the editing base. And if I gotta act, I'm gonna jump in front of that shit and do it too.
Speaker 3: Funding all your projects, honey.
Speaker 4: And all right, so you pretty much it's a more efficient manner as far as not just paying this this crue, that crue, that cruel to shoot this. Everything is in house, so it's it's it's less because the reason why I'm asking, because.
Speaker 2: I know, yeah, outsourcing makes no sense because then people make up jobs to get paid for. It cuts out a lot of bullshit when you know how to do it yourself. See, I'm not only administrative, I'm creating. So people be thinking that shit is normal that I could direct, act, right, play instruments, you know, just do everything. When I say I direct something like some people are just known for directing and that's it. That's all they do. When I say I'm directing something like, oh yeah it that's danme he directs. Oh shit, he's acting and he's not an actor. But it's dang, like, you don't recognize me as an actor. You don't look at me as a director. You don't look at me as a producer. You don't look at me as a fashion icon and a fashion you know, Like, but I do all these things, and I've started all these businesses from scratch, all the things that people went to school for. I dominated at a very young age.
Speaker 4: No, I think we do recognize you as well.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, like it's just normal. Yeah. Yeah, it's like they think it's normal. Yeah, but yesterday Nicolett had a show. I picked up a guitar and started playing. It's just that's not normal.
Speaker 4: So if the fashion industry, I heard somewhere where you were saying that the profit margins are extremely low in the fashion industry. That's something that you was involved in. But I don't think you're really involved in fashion anymore. Like you, what's your how's your experience? Because you've had several different multi million dollar companies you've had, what's your experience in a fashion world? Because that's a whole different conversation as well. The fashion industry.
Speaker 2: I feel like the fashion world is you have to build the brand first, and you have to lose money for a little while before you gain it. But if you actually build your brand doing something else and you have to wherewithal to actually make clothing and content not content, clothing with a point of view, then you could have a direct to consumer relationship. It doesn't have to be so not so profitable. So traditionally the fashion business sucks if you're going through it where you have to order a bunch of inventory ahead of time, whether people are gonna buy it or not. You got to plan, you got to put it up. If somebody orders a million dollars worth of shit, unless you got five hundred thousand to not be able to touch for like six months, then you can't do it. Like growth can kill you. But in this day and age, if you go to a factory, make your clothes and sell it directly to your consumer, market it by yourself because it's your point of view. You have Instagram. There's so many ways to do things now, so the traditional way of doing things. It makes it where a normal person would need an institution and have to sell his whole soul a way to get it done. What I've been trying to explain to people for years is you don't have to do that. No more. People are just catching on. But I've been saying it for years.
Speaker 5: You've been I mean, you've helped and mentored and pretty much started a lot of brands. Race Roy obviously you've helped, obviously mentored. Yeah, is there other people right now that you're looking at? Are you still involved in that process of mentoring and giving people the guidance in the fashion ustry?
Speaker 2: In fashion? Yeah, yeah, that's what Poppington is. That's my fashion. So we make clothes, we make socks, you know, we make all we make everything, and but right now it's about really building the brand and at some point I license it out.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, any anyone else in general.
Speaker 2: Am I looking to teach people? I mean, Nick could learn from watching me, But you know, teaching people takes time for my dreams sometimes, so I teach people through the interviews.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm happy if you go.
Speaker 2: To Poppington University on Dame Dad's studios and there's usually a clinic on.
Speaker 4: Something I want to I want to ask you a question because we in the age of.
Speaker 2: What can I do this? And neglect in the background? Can you show the streaming service just fuck around with a little bit? I'm sorry? And also nicglect she has an album coming out, a movie coming out, a TV show. Anyone that works for me or works with me has to have a dream because you can't fight for my dream. If you can't fight for your own, just won't happen.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: I literally wrote down that quote. I'm like, that's dope. And I hear you talk about your dreams a lot, but in my mind, I'm like, I've never really heard you say what your ultimate dream is. I know you see it, you're involved in so much, but what's the ultimate dream?
Speaker 3: For dam dash, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what the ultimate is because every time I have a dream, I make it happen and I have another dream, you know, so my ultimate dream is to be like LV and Match and Disney at one time, but also to have and it's happening. So, you know, I see my brother Kanye, and he's making deals that make me very proud, you know, and I get to go visit him and the way he can treat me, the way he fronts on me.
Speaker 5: So like when he when he's doing these deals like the Gap deal he just did, is he hitting you up?
Speaker 3: Like yo, damn about to do this?
Speaker 2: He's like, that's the one thing we don't do is talk about what we talk about.
Speaker 3: Okay, gotcha, I can say this.
Speaker 2: I'm always giving him that I'm proud of you call you know always I.
Speaker 4: Want to talk about something in fashion. But since we're on Kanye Kanye Global icon and correct me if I'm wrong. But I believe you was like the first person to really believe in his vision to rap. He a producer, but you you saw something and.
Speaker 2: He earned the right to believe in his vision to rap because he helped so many of my artists. I didn't really care if he could rap or not. You know, do what you want to do, Bro.
Speaker 3: You just gave us too many hit records. The first time we heard him.
Speaker 4: Was that did you see like, obviously nobody can predict the future, but did you see something special? Like, all right, this dude is different. He's not just a regular producer, Like he's different. Nah in the beginning, Okay, honestly.
Speaker 2: In the beginning he was you know, it was like he was at the level. It was him and just just Blaze. Yeah, and they both were making rapid hits. Did I see him being a fashion kind Nah? Because first he only used to wear polo, So I used to be like, yo, that's not fashion.
Speaker 3: I could imagine those conversations.
Speaker 2: You know. I took him to London and showed him ship. Did I know he was gonna be the Like when I talked to Kanye, he says, Yo, I'm the living, breathing dragon of everything that you want to be.
Speaker 3: And he really is manifested dragon energy.
Speaker 4: So we in the age of protests, like and I always say support goes I've.
Speaker 2: Been in the life of protest though, but let me let me I got you.
Speaker 4: I always say that support goes a lot further than boycott. And what I mean by that is that, like, so the Gucci thing when they do the black face and they and they protest and they come to Harlem and have like a sit down and it's like boycotted for three months, then we're back warning Gucci again or Burberry or whatever. So and this is another story that I heard. I don't know for sure or not, but I apparently when you guys had Rockaware, you try to approach I think Iceberg at the time, and they said no, they wasn't interested.
Speaker 2: It was disrespectful.
Speaker 4: Can you tell that story?
Speaker 2: It was wearing Iceberg. So I went to them. I think the head of sales was knowing how come the ship with spiking? And I went to go meet with them and me and Jay and it was like, you know, they're just very dismissive. They didn't want to give us any free clothes. They told us we could go to a sample set and I was like, all right, I'm putting you out of business. Try I started rock with literally.
Speaker 4: So But the reason why I liked that story is because like, instead of like you started rockaway and then it just blew up and became a massive success, but you focus your energy on your own thing as opposed to trying to be included in somebody else's situation.
Speaker 2: So it's because I'm a general, I'm not a soldier. Well, that's what people have to understand. A soldier is never going to check a general, and you know you can't have but so much expectation of a soldier or someone with a slave mentality. They resent your independence and I had to learn that.
Speaker 4: So do you feel that more emphasis should be put on supporting and growing, especially for black people their own businesses as a post still trying to be included, and diversity programs and other people's businesses.
Speaker 2: I'm a firm believer. If you don't want me in your house or I don't like your rules, fuck your house. If I'm buying your house and kicking you out, I'm a build a bigger one and be more comfortable, and you can't come over. And that's the way I approach things and always have.
Speaker 5: So another thing, another area, and I wasn't aware of it and it wasn't common to us. But you were involved in art before any of us thought it was cool. And you know, you had your art galley and try it back or correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah. See, so ain't niole? Can you take them to? Can you take them to?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: We went to Jamaica episode one because you know. The good thing about it is talking that ship sounds good and I could show you what I was doing. You feel me, Yeah, but I heard you don't have to visualize it, but we can still talk watch it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, people were trying to figure out how you're making money off out Galley, so I heard and correct me if I'm wrong. But your things like you would find a talent by all their artwork and then travel around the world to people can see it, and that would raise the value of it.
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You listen, this is what I was trying to get people to understand that. That was two thousand and nine, broy Ten, It's twenty twenty right now.
Speaker 4: Fat visionary Troy appreciates that. So shout shout out to the Jamaican masks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you should check that out. I want to go see ciszls. I was in Judgment Yards getting high with Sizzler. Don't get no better than that.
Speaker 3: Definitely doesn't.
Speaker 2: Dang.
Speaker 4: One of the things that you know, a lot of people talk about in business is that you have to be diplomatic.
Speaker 2: I know you don't.
Speaker 4: You don't believe in that.
Speaker 2: Listen. I used to be a drug dealer, when your drugs are good, you ain't gotta be nice. You be like, yo, get online. I'm not taking no singles and they happy to because they're gonna get high. If you're getting your client high, all you have to do is make sure they get high and they'll stay on that line.
Speaker 4: Okay, fair enough. So when you when you talk about your music industry career, right, because a lot of people obviously you've done so many different things. When you start, well, I don't say you start, but that's what really kind of you know, puts you on the radar far for most people knowing you is music. So the first thing I did, all right, well you start, So you have a foul tasting your mouth about the music industry or are you still like optimistic about music musicians? Like, yeah, what's your what's your what's your vibe on music? Because I feel like this.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you the industry is fake, full of shit. It's all about exploiting artists and hurting them and just taking all of their energy. Music is alive, but the music industry is a first.
Speaker 4: So for up and coming artists yourself, no no record label, no man, it can work for.
Speaker 2: You, you know, don't do a record deal where you have to sell your whole ass three sixty, be so hot, do your own shows, do your own residencies, and when they come through, be like, you'll give me some money, but it'll be the distribute to shit that I own, period or get out my fucking office, my club or whatever.
Speaker 5: So that was the purpose of your underground one hundred, right. You know I read that you were like, listen, I'm only doing a hundred because I know that these people are the localized fans.
Speaker 3: These people want to do a.
Speaker 2: Hundred of the coolest people. I don't need no nerdy motherfuckers around me. If you cool enough to know that it's going on right, and you cool enough to beat it, and you cool. But if I don't want no corny motherfuckers, they could get it ten years later. I don't like to be around cool people. I've always art detected my bubble. I only want to be around cool opinion leaders, like minded people, and I filter and I edit people.
Speaker 4: You said something in that Breakfast Club interview that was, you know, very controversial. I think I understood what you meant, but that another one things that kind of live forever, where you said you put money in the street. You know, you're not really into saving too much, so I'm assuming what you meant by that as you you know, you're reinvesting your money into your businesses like all money in Like Nip said, is that something that you still well, hey, am I right by that interpretation? And is that something that you still kind of live?
Speaker 2: But I don't see the purpose of holding money. I don't see the purpose. It's all about flipping and at the end of the day, like everything I do is for my children. You know, when I get money, it goes to my kids.
Speaker 5: I think you know, that was like the when I said that, that interview and a couple other ones changed my life. I think that was the most important thing that I heard just working in education. And then when you were saying like, yo, if you're doing something for yourself, then you're selfish, and I kind of like resonated it. I'm just like damn, And in my mind, I'm like, look, I'm doing this. I've been busting my ass for ten years in the education field.
Speaker 3: Countless you know.
Speaker 2: I talked to the OSG network ninety principles like principles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, heard about I forgot Gentleman's name. But I mean I got in touch with him and called them last week and yes.
Speaker 2: Oh I'll get you with him. Yeah. Yeah, of education, so my thing was put together quite a crew.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we touch base that.
Speaker 5: At that point, I was like, yo, for all his work I'm doing, I can't give this degree to my son.
Speaker 3: I can't give this degree to my daughter one.
Speaker 5: Perfect, But yeah, that that changed my mindset, was like, yo, it was just an entrepreneurial mindset, even though I was working in a nine to five or nine of three for education, was like, yo, we got to create something. I got to create something or scale something so that it could be passed on. So when I say like it changed my life, Like that was it. But there's a quote that that you say, and I want to know if it's a long term goal? Is it short term goals that you put inside of the quote and you say every day start something new, finish something new?
Speaker 2: Is that something starts start something new and finished something that you had started before?
Speaker 3: Every day?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And we talked, are we're talking so like what would be a prime example of that?
Speaker 2: We just started something new today? And the editor is he still here? Georgia Shire? There you go, right, there, We're gonna finish that. O g stories to that today.
Speaker 4: That's a fact. A lot of people listen to us, aspiring entrepreneurs, young entrepreneurs, right, people, that's you know, learning, because that's the thing about this is one of the reasons why I think our podcast has become so popular, especially in our culture.
Speaker 2: It's not a podcast, so I'll show.
Speaker 4: The brand is bigger than the podcast.
Speaker 2: But you said it's not a podcast, Okay.
Speaker 4: This is one of the reasons why people like the show so much, right, is that it's menship.
Speaker 2: You're gonna you have to talk your ship into existence if you call on the podcast, then that's all it.
Speaker 4: Is, all right. One of the reasons why people were like Earn Your Leasure is because it performed. It provides mentorship, right, instead of people just having to figure out on their own, they can learn from people that actually have going through it and learn from their their ups and the down. So as far as like business, do you have any any regrets that you might have done things like differently or maybe handled something differently, whether it's relationships or business or anything.
Speaker 2: You know, it's crazy, right, Honestly, every single second of my life is meant in everyone else's life. I think it's meant to be a learning experience. So when something happens that didn't go the way you wanted it to, you look at what you learn from it, right, And there's been businesses that I got completely robbed for short paper, but what I learned from it protected me from getting robbed for big paper. Do you understand what I'm saying. So at the end of the day, I'm so happy in this very moment, I'm so happy, like scary happy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I think that's a misconception in the matter.
Speaker 2: In the middle of a pandemic, all my dreams are coming true, which is crazy to me. So I would have to say if there was anything that would stop me from being this happy now or that would change It's like, is there anything I could have done that could have made me as happy as I am now? I'm happy now because every decision that most people thought would be tough, every business I walked away from, every person I walked away from, every person that I punished that everyone told me not to, from a Lee or Cohen to a Harvey Weinstein. I'm glad I did it. I'm glad I was in a position to do it. I'm glad I'm that guy that these guys are known to be bullies and I bullied them. I'm the bull of bullies. I'm happy about that. So I love the fact that these challenges and these tests are presented themselves to me and I could get in the shower. I'm like, damn, I really am a fucking superhero. I never ever waiver when it comes to honor. Never have I've walked away from people that no one would walk away from. I balked on people that no one would balk on until everyone is balking on it. I did it alone. I saw him my lakem shaloon. I think I could take them alone. That's one of my records.
Speaker 4: Dang. So you said before the purpose of a business is to start a business and the seller business. Is that still? How you feel? Is just the goal with what we're doing now with the studios? Is it the multiple breakdown and sell it eventually?
Speaker 2: Yeah, either sell it or making so much money I ain't gotta sell it, but yeah, yeah, usually if I sell a businesses so I could start a new one. But again, it's like, I'm so happy right now. I like this life. That I'm living. I'm really happy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean just watching you from afar As it seems like you've got a good balance and it's.
Speaker 2: Having a fucking ball. You know what it is to be a rock star your whole life. I'm hitting fifty. I'm like, Yo, this ship ain't even slowing down.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: That's why I be in the gym, Like I gotta stay in shape for this life. I'm having mad fun. Why would I stop having fun. I'm having mad fun and I'm productive while I'm having I'm making money off having fun, and I'm learning so much more, and I'm around the people I want to be around. I'm like, damn, I wish I could have fucking figured this shit out earlier. But with the timing when I mean, like, if you listen, neglect, neglect neglect? Can you put revolution on this record we made last year? For some reason, I decided to be a rock star last year just because I watching, because you know what else? I want to be a mo rock star. I'd be saying it just woke up. Also, just vibe.
Speaker 3: Ten was it? Ten songs to day?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We wh When Tash comes, we make like at least ten songs and ideas that we could sharpen.
Speaker 4: Up some real live guitars.
Speaker 3: I'll play some new shit I've watching.
Speaker 2: Also, Damn, I wonder if Kanye will get mad, but I want to play. I'm not gonna play it live, but after I'm gonna play some shift. I can't give it to you. But that Maga new ship is retarded.
Speaker 4: Don't worry. Nobody's listening. And you said, you said that the fight has always been economic freedom. I'm paraphrasing you.
Speaker 2: But economic empowerment, empowerment.
Speaker 4: What does group economics mean to you?
Speaker 2: Then? What is that everybody cops together so everything's cheaper, and when one person gets fucked up, the other person that's doing well, a couple of people can help out without without them being hurt themselves.
Speaker 4: So how can how can we implement that? I've been saying that for a long time, as far as you know, Black people have been saying that for all time. How can we How can we give some real life examples?
Speaker 2: I give you one right now, in the moment when you're walked in with your liule mixes and your cameras, I said, you guys are black and you're doing some cool shit. In my brain. Let me give you the opportunity to have a television show for free and have me be your first guest, so you can stop calling it the podcast. So I put my movie cameras out with my movie lenses, and I put your logo in the background, and I started shooting, and I said, look, I'll just give you the footage that I not. Yeah, charge you for it. That's what That's what it is. That's an example of it, and hopefully you realize it as it's happened.
Speaker 4: No, that's av you did do that.
Speaker 2: We appreciative of that, and sat there and schooled you the game. That's like, Yo, you get money here, but you get money here there. Yea there too. And we spoke about certain things and I gave your advice on how to approach it correct fact. That's how we're supposed to do. And that's free. Some people would have charged you a lot of money for that. For every single thing that I gave you for free today, including the interview, the cameras, most people would have charge as the studio. Most people with the charge. I even said, let me get your logo so I could put it on the screen so everybody could see it and gave your man a drink just for doing it. Drinks and I made sure you were safe. Fact, that's the fact. That's how you do it. Yeah, I locked the doors that made sure everybody here is healthy both wars.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, it's very responsible. Did COVID test, very very response. Everybody's clear leadership leadership.
Speaker 2: And here's another thing, literally, how long did it take you to get in an interview? I didn't even speak to King. He just sent me a text because he's a black man and I appreciate his opinion, and I know he would never bring me no bubblegum shit and he should only want to help. Then I felt he was trying to help. Did I give you any hassle? Was it relatively easy? Did I put you with an assistant? All right, that's how you do it.
Speaker 4: So how do we get more people on that type of wave?
Speaker 2: Because I feeling by example and showing it's profitable, soldiers only going to do what's profitable, what everybody else is doing. But generals do that ship anyway, It's just not many of.
Speaker 5: Them, honib I mean, that's the only way I can think of, right, because there's been plenty of times we've reached out to people and it hasn't been.
Speaker 3: This season, and.
Speaker 2: I even shot it fate. What's the fact I did it for you. I ain't got no money to make out of this ship, but if you make something from.
Speaker 3: This, we're gonna be streaming.
Speaker 2: So well. What I would do from that one is because you're here for a while, and say, bring your show here and put it on the network if you want. It's unless you want to keep shooting in your house with the little cameras, with the with the with the whatever, that ship step and repeat behind you like yo, look look better. That's now? Am I gonna tell you what you should? I'm gonna help you do it.
Speaker 4: So like the the economic and in the political climate that this is unprecedented. Black lives matter, everybody great time. Right now, what's what's your what's your you optimistic about about the situation? Right now? We're in historical times right now.
Speaker 2: I'm in control my optimistic. That's like asking me if I'm a winter fight.
Speaker 4: Not not for you, I'm just saying it for the general.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about for the general. I got a network. Then I just tell you I'm talking We're gonna redo education we're gonna redo laws. If you really watching, you see I'm kicking it with senators and congressmen. They pass laws.
Speaker 5: So how do creatives and creators get to you? Like, what's the process?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: If I have what's what's the process.
Speaker 2: You gotta get to you to get to me, I don't want to talk to anybody. I got ship to do. But got what I'm doing is and i'mpowering other people so that they can empower other people. That's what I'm doing. You feel you younger than me, you know, you still feel like being out there, you running around. So I'm gonna give you the power to distribute whatever power I got to who you curate because you're doing such good.
Speaker 4: Ship appreciated, Got you, they say, they say that, you know, we always learned the average millionaires seven streams of income, multiple streams of income. But I feel like that's something that you always did, was have multiple streams. You never know when a well is gonna dry up, so you gotta have other ones. So that's something that you just early knew early on, Like what's your what's your theory behind it having multiple different avenues working at the same time.
Speaker 2: Okay, imagine this imagine your number one artist after his first album saying I quit, that's jay Z.
Speaker 3: Jay Z quit after What do you mean you were reasonable supposed to be the first last. It's supposed to be supposed to be.
Speaker 2: A Yeah, so you know from that day I was like, well, I ain't depending on this nigga.
Speaker 3: I'm build a roster.
Speaker 4: What how long that he retired or like it like a monthly he had Volume.
Speaker 3: One, didn't retire big past, he just passed in value.
Speaker 2: How many fucking retirements of this nigga A lot? So you know I lost count how many times you reta.
Speaker 4: So that that I don't even care. That pushed you, That pushed you to just diversify.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like nineteen damn.
Speaker 3: That was that.
Speaker 2: You know. It wasn't only that. It was just that I was a guy that just thought I could do everything better. So it was like, I'm fresher than Ralph Laurin. I know it. I met this nigga, I'm fresher than him. I know I am. I know I'm cooler than Harvey Weinsteam. You know what I'm saying. I done shook this nigga down.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying He's not the only.
Speaker 2: One that's my little man, you know. I see what Charlie. You know, all these dudes Charlie watchs Lee or Cohen's I'm like this nigger. You know what I'm saying. You're scared than him, my little man.
Speaker 6: So for me, I'll be like yo, any industry like now, I'm in TV.
Speaker 2: I'm like Lauren from fucking Wheat TV, fucking Terror long So what could they be fucking telling the cool nigga what to do?
Speaker 3: That was your show, The Growing Up.
Speaker 2: I was an executive producer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's you know, it was because your son was involved with the show, my son and.
Speaker 2: Then my daughter, you know, with my family. I did it only to get my son on and it really fucked his life up to me, you know, And they did it intentionally, So fuck them. I got a lawsuit. There's money on your head, and I'm gonnambarrass you. Remember that. I'm gonna call your name out and all your kids friends are gonna know I'm coming at you for the right reasons.
Speaker 4: I see.
Speaker 2: That's the thing that makes me the unicorn. You name another cat besides me that before the revolution, even after that actually calls out white people's name name one.
Speaker 5: I'll wait, dude, you've been fighting for the I mean.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm not I said somebody else, entertainment or just I mean whatever, man, our generation, any generation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So when you call out, when you call out le York Cones of the world, is that out of built up frustration?
Speaker 2: Of build up. I've been calling him. I have to build up. I've been calling my since Dad metim. I've been screaming on you up publicly for.
Speaker 4: He's just never you never respected him, just off the rip, no off the rep. Never off the rip.
Speaker 2: Your man respected him. I never knew why, jay Z, I mean your man.
Speaker 4: So I got a question because we were fans of like just that whole culture, just music. But that's how we grew up on music. So like you know that that that President's video with you Big.
Speaker 2: Jay a Z like a funny story about that video, I do. I told her to Dinnis today. Actually, so, uh, you know, after a lot of bullshit, we finally we got cool with Biggie and he came to the video. It was our first time hanging out, and uh, you know, I got into a drinking contest with him, and you know, he was, you know, very a lot heavier than me, and I ended up playing myself, getting too drunk and not remembering. And I woke up the next day and like, you know, it was actually the only time I ever seen j really mad at me. He was like, yo, you was no good. I was like, what you're talking about? So I called it Bigs. He was like, man, he was drunk. He was holding this nigga chain dumped in his car.
Speaker 4: I was like, what car, No Biggie car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess he wasn't driving, but whatever, I don't remember.
Speaker 6: So, you know, every So so that night me and Biggs went down to Daddy's house and was, you know, like, look, I was drunk, don't take that.
Speaker 2: And then we hired them to perform because we were The thing was we were gonna have Biggie headline, so that Jacob opened for him. So that was the business we handled that day. But then every day after that that I saw Biggie was on and we would have drinking contests. So you know, the you know, when he was like stink mink Gators Detroit, that was because we was at the Bobby Brown birthday. He was supposed to perform with puff, but me and him got into a drinking contest. But this time I was like, I'm gonna go throw up behind the curtain so I won't get too stupid. So I went through up, made myself throw up on some man and was interrext But this nigga, I'm throwing up on his mink. So that's why they was calling it the stink mink. After that, they called it stink mink gators. That came from that story. But it's funny because I really, you know, Biggie was really my man.
Speaker 4: So yeah, like I was like, did you really do you understand that moment? Because y'all was young, I don't know how I knew that moment. Yeah, we understood that.
Speaker 2: I mean, nigga, you could have never told me I'm not Dame Dash and I wasn't gonna be Dame Dash. I knew everything I was doing with historic you couldn't have told me. And even now it's not a second I come aside that I don't think I'm making history. Nigga, we making history right now, you know what I mean? Like, I know I'm a history maker, so that's why I document everything because I look cool every day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's important, and every day is important.
Speaker 4: Gotta keep your fresh up at all times, be a rock star all the.
Speaker 3: Time, keep your nails clean.
Speaker 5: It's funny because be right, we watched you in those times and it was like, Yo, you seem like the happiest guy on earth. And that's what I'm saying now. It's like people look at you and it's like, oh damn, he as an attitude problem. He's hard to work with. And it's like, Nah, you're actually the happiest.
Speaker 2: What do you expect? The slave, shay I was getting there sold you to know what the general's happiness is. You know, a soldier doesn't know what the wind feels like unless the generals win it. A slave doesn't ever know what the win is. They think the winner is a good meal.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money. Boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member FDIC.
Speaker 3: Erners What's up?
Speaker 5: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system.
Speaker 3: If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands.
Speaker 5: Down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready to see how Square can transform your business visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot Com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 7: With Robinhood, not only can you trade individual stocks and ETFs, you can also seamlessly buy and sell crypto at low costs. Trade all in one place. Get started now on Robinhood trading Crypto infall Significant risk Crypto trading is offered to an account with a Robinhood Crypto LC. Robin Hunt Crypto is License to Engagement virtual currency business activity by the New York State Department of Financial Services.
Speaker 2: Crypto Healthy.
Speaker 7: Robin Head Crypto is not FDC insured SIPC protected investigting false risk including loss of principal securities. Trading is offered through account with robin Hood Financial LLC member s IPC, a registered broker dealer.
Speaker 4: Fact.
Speaker 2: I have no expectation of a slave understanding my happiness, and I don't give a fuck. Keep thinking of really thinking about how I feel is the wrong thing. Think about you feel. If you're taking pills for depression, don't think about me.
Speaker 4: Word of advice did from a from a musical standpoint, something I always wondered about because there was always rumors did making did you ever make Cameron the VP of Rockefeller and did that lead to like some like real issues.
Speaker 2: Uh, of course I made Cameron a VP. Also made Beanie Siegual a VP. Anyone that had a label with me was considered a VP. And that was actually the moment I realized I'm getting the funk away from these guys. They're not the brightest, you know what I'm saying. I was like, forget it, that's all it was. Really you should have heard the conversation we had, Like like Jay was on the yacht that was the first vacation he went on, and he made this call and it was like, are you fucking kidding me? And then Beanie was man and I'm like with your VP too, And I was like, what the fuck are you talking about? Forget it? I don't even care. I was just trying to help everybody, everyone to get the label you become a VP. I'm just trying to empower y'all. Niggas. Was on the phone like, so I gotta go to them to get my my my fucking videos. Approved. I was like, did you ever have to go to anybody to get your videos? Right? Bye? It became a boy situation. I couldn't talk about it too much.
Speaker 5: I mean to say, property came out of that, and then you got what out of that that time frame when I'm saying and he was, he was, I made him a VP and you got two films out of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, cool directed one of them the fact education. I'm interested to know your because you said you got a network. I heard about this from previous like the gentleman you just mentioned, he told me like you you speak to principles ninety So yeah, can you talk about that?
Speaker 2: Always talk about that work.
Speaker 4: I want to know more about this.
Speaker 2: Listen, instead of complaining about curriculum and the way education is approaching us as a culture, Dennis mckezy is curated like these like principles that with principles that really give a fucking do things out of love and you know, uh lays from MOP. You know, he's like a dame. Dash of Mop just called me and was like, yo, I want to jump on the zoom with me. I ain't. I wouldn't even paying him no mind. I'm like whatever, that's my man, so I'm gonna do it. I trust him. I jumped on the zoom and I'm really like looking at shit. I'm like ninety Black Principles. I didn't even know there was Black Principles. And they mad cool, smart, they want to do shit. So instead of complaining about education, the fact that they make us prepare to be slaves, you go in any school smells is lit, and the walls look like a jail. You sit in a room while the sun is out, and sit behind the desk for eight hours and leave your parents, which is similar to what a job is, and you only see your parents when you and your parents are tied. I mean that just seems like programming to me. And these Principles were trying to relate to these kids and giving me factual shit about how to help them. And they're all geniuses and brilliant and creative and fly and the ultimate thing tank for me, And they all deserve to be famous, and they all deserve to have all their dreams come true because they've made so many others dreams come true.
Speaker 4: So are you're working with like curriculum?
Speaker 2: Try to like curriculum everything? Yes, making education for us yeah, I mean by us, not by me, by intuition, real principles that have been sitting with children all over the world. And this shiit ain't even just like ninety in the country, it's all over the world.
Speaker 5: So I think the struggle, and I've worked with principles obviously pretty closely. The struggle is like we can have they can have their ideas, but a lot of times those ideas stay in that school.
Speaker 2: It's still a job. They have to protect their job.
Speaker 3: So like that time, that's the other part of it.
Speaker 5: It's like, look, we can have these ideas for how we want to teach our kids, we could create the curriculum, but they still have to meet state mandates.
Speaker 3: And that's where the roadblock comes in.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, I'm not a soldier. I don't depend on government to teach me either, because they're only going to teach me what behooves them. And that's all I've seen them do. Make people think that unless they go to college and get a nine to five and get debt, they're doing the wrong thing, and that they should only be fucking happy when they're sixty five and old. And I'm not doing that, and.
Speaker 5: That so that puts the principle in that position, right, like they still have to answer to somebody. So I'm thinking myself, is it is the role now to create an independent school where you're not we're doing Okay, That's that's what I was going with it.
Speaker 2: So like that's the goal of that's what we've been that's one of the goals. But it's also an independent app It's also an independent place to just give people information. It's also a place to give people a place to communicate and talk about problems so we could give action. Bringing attention and awareness to problems without a solution is nothing but frustrating. It depresses people. Don't tell me the problems. If you ain't got a solution unless you want to go fight, I don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, And I feel like education. I think too many times people feel education only happens in school. But it's like education can happen.
Speaker 2: That's ridiculous. The only thing that happens in the school is deb.
Speaker 4: Yeah, basically indoctrinations. Now it's really changing to become Like I said, but.
Speaker 2: Look how insane white people are about what it looks like to have a fake education to the extent that they were buying, and motherfuckers is doing jail time because of perception of having an education. It doesn't even matter. It's not even a fucking's systematic racism of human It's not like to me, racism is just to separate broke people, for broke people to fight each other so that they don't fight the rich people. What's the white racist. He's usually fucking cracked, living with stiff spit in a fucking hut like I lived in North Carolina. I'd be online and nigga have their Confederate shit flag and go back to the car. I'll be laughing. I'm getting in the porsche of course, you men. How many? How many rich racists on the front line of KKK.
Speaker 4: But there are a lot of rich racists though I didn't.
Speaker 2: Nigga, they they racist just because they want to stay rich. Okay, how is it racism? And Kanye Gap is the most all American institution and they putting a black man name in front of it.
Speaker 3: It's they want the money, So it's not racism.
Speaker 2: When it comes to money, white people gonna put a black man name in front of theirs. What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: But is that look at the Germans in fucking but is that business? Because you can still you can still be racist and do business with somebody and make money.
Speaker 2: Gives a fuck? Who cares? You can't be racist? If I can fire you, I don't care. Go in the bathroom and scream, nigga all you want you fire it. I'm your boss. You should be racist, you should be mad. You got a boss. You want to blame it on me, go ahead, but you can't do shit to me for it. A racist can't stop me from get money.
Speaker 4: No, absolutely, all I do.
Speaker 2: All I do with a racist is hire them and work them to make them my slave.
Speaker 6: Leo is a slave for my fucking culture.
Speaker 2: Get your ass out there and get my people some money. Le Or you're a slave. Terror you are slave. Now. We gotta make the narrative right, they get money off us? How come we not the masters if they making money off us because they tell us they are boss. Nigga, I'm your boss. You're making money off me. You my slave. I'm gonna hire you. You know what I did on on growing up hip Hop to what's her name? Nigga? Let Uh? Who is our line producer for og stories? What the fuck's her name? The showrunner? I told her, yo, stop telling me what to do. I'm gonna be your boss. And then I got I did the old stories and hired how the fucking be the fucking show runner for my show. I'm your boss. Now, don't pretend you're a boss. I'm a pay ain't racism and suckerism. Don't try to make me think because you think I'm black, that you better than me just because you say so. Show me that nigga rob me. You gotta show me your gun, period. And if I show you mind, I'm using it.
Speaker 4: So how did these people, like the leoids of the world Todd Mosqua?
Speaker 2: It is like eventually or now he got to run behind YouTube's people. He's out the music business.
Speaker 4: Did they just rise to power just by he ain't no power? Benefit?
Speaker 2: I mean, you don't have power? What power?
Speaker 4: When he was ahead of death jail, that.
Speaker 2: Wasn't no power. He was my little man. He used to work for me at Rockefeller. I said, go get my budgets cleared and shut up. That nigga never no power. He ain't own ship at rock. What powers are you giving them power?
Speaker 4: I ain't said, I said.
Speaker 2: Title title to who you know. I'm just saying, title is my little man.
Speaker 4: Look what I was was his title. What I was going with this is that people in that position right as far.
Speaker 2: As I'm in front, and they're not in that position.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is that supervisors, they're not bosses.
Speaker 2: It ain't there.
Speaker 4: So it has to be a certain level of perception that is giving them certain authority.
Speaker 2: No, it's a certain level of you believing perception that's giving him a circle.
Speaker 4: But we didn't know.
Speaker 2: I told you he was a little he's my little said.
Speaker 4: You said that. But there's a bunch of other rappers that have praised him.
Speaker 2: I told those rappers that that's your little man's ask I said Lee is a sucker. Askinari. He'll tell you. I told every artist Lee as the sucker. There you have it, Ben, it ain't got no power. So how you going black like black boy? How you gonna black boy me for selling nicols? And I sell Wait should be funny. Narrative. It's all about narrative. Don't believe the hype.
Speaker 4: How you feel about partner obviously, I know you're not into working for somebody. That's obvious.
Speaker 2: Partnering is fine.
Speaker 4: Partnerships are fine, Yeah, okay, fair exchange. Collaboration, you're not You're not opposed to collaboration.
Speaker 2: I do it all the time.
Speaker 4: I think it's the key something that we don't do enough of collaboration.
Speaker 2: I do. We just collaborated right now.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying that. I'm just saying in general, in general, Well yeah.
Speaker 2: In general, but now you're in the presence of a general. So that's the reason why that's not even in my fucking vernacular. I don't have people around me that don't do that. And all I do is say, look, I'm gonna televise my revolution because I don't want to smell you. I'll be in here doing it, but you're still gonna see I'm in your pocket and your phone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, can we can we uh maybe shift here is a little bit. And because it's something also that.
Speaker 2: I whatever you want, bro announced the question, just ask no.
Speaker 5: Now we're mine from a distance man, And that's that's like I said that you have balance in your life obviously what balance fatherhood has balanced you.
Speaker 2: I know you're in a relationship. How it humbles me?
Speaker 3: How is like that was my thing?
Speaker 2: How?
Speaker 5: How has that been over the past few years. Now that you have teenagers that are growing, you have a son, obviously.
Speaker 2: I'm loving being a dad and going through everything I heard about. I love it.
Speaker 4: What do you mean you heard about?
Speaker 2: You know, you hear about your kids act in a certain way at a certain time and it happens, and knowing how to deal with it. I'm loving being a dad and everything that comes with it, everything, even the tears. Loving people more than yourself feels so good. And that's what we got to understand. If you have one car and it's a cool, you're a selfish motherfucker. If you have an apartment and you have children and you have a one bedroom and you're happy, you're not getting it. You gotta get your life together. I'm happy when my kids have houses. My daughter Ava showed me her crib the other day. I'm so fucking proud of me and her my other daughter. Right, this is how I knew I was doing my job, because I do get at my daughter's because they go to school and they also get brainwashed. So my daughter, Taulula loves school and all she knows in life, and she wants to go to college. I said, what's your dream job? I don't know what's your dream? I don't know you want to go to college? Yeah? How you know that because you were told that. I bet you wanted nine to five too, don't you? What's a nine to five? I did my job that made everything to me. I don't care about nothing else.
Speaker 3: But your daughter still went to college though, right like.
Speaker 2: Tallulah, Yeah, Aba went to college and making mother's dreams come too. She's a model and she also works for me, which is working for herself.
Speaker 4: So would you not encourage your kids to go to college?
Speaker 2: I encourage them to do whatever makes them happy, not me or their mother or their parents.
Speaker 4: Okay, fifth, fair enough? Fair enough? Family business? Is that something that you you have aspirations for your children?
Speaker 2: To you mean Rachel roy Dame Dead Studios.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm saying as far as you talk about your children like because.
Speaker 2: They're gonna they can run this business if they want. This is their This is their business. I'm not working for me. I work for them. That's what. If you work for you, you're working for the wrong Cause you don't work for your wife, your girl, significant other. You ain't doing it right.
Speaker 4: What's your what's on your vision board for the next twenty years, like, what's what's the next. Obviously we're in the Dame Dead studios right now, but you're I seem like you're always thinking ahead of time. So what's your what's your on your vision board for the next next?
Speaker 2: To sports?
Speaker 4: Sports management?
Speaker 2: Come on, man, I'm sick of complaining about leagues and getting in these races leagues. I'm starting my own leagues being a team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw you.
Speaker 5: There's a deal you have with the is it the NBA x L is that? Are you part ownership of that or just broadcasting it.
Speaker 2: We're working all you know, the business of it is not all solidified.
Speaker 5: Okay, but it's gonna be on the network. Yeah okay, and those those games are starting.
Speaker 2: I put you an interview with him so he can tell you. But my genders to do that in every sport, have a network. I'll promote it. And my league is gonna be way funner than anybody's league. And wayflyer.
Speaker 4: I think it's a it's a it can happen. People doubt in ice Q, but that that league can happen happening. I'm saying, three on three league happening. There you have it. It's happening.
Speaker 2: You know it might happen, It can't happen, it's happening. So what's happening is it's happening.
Speaker 5: The logistics is it five on five or is it okay it's five on five? So from one of my understanding of it, and maybe you can help me out on that, is that it's really almost like a developmental league for people who haven't maybe it's a pro league developmental.
Speaker 4: We're not doing pro pro Bowl.
Speaker 2: Is development?
Speaker 3: Who told you that?
Speaker 2: And I don't know's I'm gonna be a G league. I'm gonna own a G league. I'm an a league.
Speaker 4: Facts say less.
Speaker 2: You think I inspired? My dream is to have a G league? Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: So we got basketball and then everything all sports after.
Speaker 2: That, everything, But also I want to make a sport profitable out of like something like educational like debating.
Speaker 3: Mm hm.
Speaker 2: You know, like my thinking, My problem with education is they also enable us. So like for a certain class, you think the only way to get out of it is entertainment or lets and you'll devote your whole life to playing basketball, and that's like lotto, and you get hurt majority of time before you get there. And they don't have a plan. And the reason why people devote their whole life to it and go to basketball in school is because they think they can make money. So let's make something educational profitable and make a team out of that. Don't you think they're smart enough to know that educationally that if we make them think they could be, they like facilitate their enablers. School is enabling.
Speaker 5: We lived off that line like that was when y'all put that line out, And that was the first lesson I ever taught.
Speaker 3: When it came, it was like hip hop literacy. It was like, oh, we got his backs.
Speaker 5: All blacks guys in sports entertainment like that preferenced us to go into development of how many other people are famous and not even famous but.
Speaker 3: Have created I have created well from outside of the sports and entertainment industry. So that's kind of how.
Speaker 4: Well you got it. You got a much better chance of, you know, making being an entrepreneur than being a top rapper, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: You guys are funny, man, do you I'm not laughing, I'm not I'm not lying. He's funny. You guys.
Speaker 6: You you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a big home. You guys should do a fucking scripted TV show. I have a script for now. I gotta I know. I have a script for y'all. I get it, I get it. I got a script nicolect Can you ask the lay if he's finished with that script for uh.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: I have a script. No, you're doing you have to do steroids, you guys. No, No, it seems like an authourage. It's a scripted movie, and I think you guys should be a movie.
Speaker 4: We want it.
Speaker 2: Don't do that. Don't do that.
Speaker 4: You don't take it too far. You feel you feel, you feel myself.
Speaker 2: You're funny. Say you're like me, you're going too far. And you got on white pants. I don't wear white pants, snap snapping, I don't wear white pants. But showed me a picture with me wearing some might collaboration. We are going to partner with Dame Damn Studios. Scripted TV show sounds good. Just do it. It's funny how you said partner real funny, funny. We'll discuss that she's live too.
Speaker 3: Shout what's that I she's been live.
Speaker 2: On right now? Yeah?
Speaker 3: A shout to my.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we told you you know what it is.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 5: Dang even better. Appreciate you any more questions shy, Nah, I just wanted to, you know, pay homage man, like I honestly, honestly, we have grown up watching you and these guys, know man like Rockefeller was. I felt like I was part of that ship man the way that way, that was part of it, you know what I'm saying, Like we watched and study your moves.
Speaker 2: Even the way when we get some bullshit at the end though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's fine though, because you do that so we don't have to, you know what I'm saying, and that and that's.
Speaker 2: What You're right, you learn from it might have been the sacrificial lamb so everyone could learn from it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, we definitely took that away that.
Speaker 2: Because what we didn't lose, I didn't lose too much money.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but now we want to, we want to we want to give you your flowers because, like I said, I mean, you definitely was a major inspiration for us on the business side.
Speaker 2: Give me some flower. Where is that flowers? I thought you missed spencery. I don't buy no dispensery weed. I'll give you a number to call. I guarantee a minute. I just ordered some ship. But I'm smoking new weed right now. It's that new weed. It's that new o.
Speaker 4: G any last words for up and coming entrepreneurs, people that you know, no guidance.
Speaker 2: There's never last words for an entrepreneur. If you bet with the entrepreneur bug, you're always gonna want more. But self care is important. To make sure you get some sleep and make sure you celebrate yourself and make sure you're enjoying yourself. You know, I'm a firm believer in I would never do anything and get paid for it unless I would do it for free. So you didn't pay me for this, but I could get paid for this, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: There, You have it, Ladies and gentlemen, Troy housekeeping it on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, shout out to everybody on patreon dot com. That's our probably pay program. We appreciate your support, y'all know.
Speaker 2: Get the call of action. If you want to support everyone in this room right now, please order Dame dand Studios from your phone and everyone that hears this, if you're actually believing what I'm saying about the support thing, just fucking support simple, just fucking order it. Dame Dad Studios ain't no link. You can go get it on dot com. You could get it. You have an iPhone, I hope, so okay, but answers yes, all right, so you can go get it on iTunes or whatever I store ain't good.
Speaker 3: iTunes is going now right never is absolutely yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so anywhere that you could get Netflix, you could get my ship.
Speaker 5: Go get that and uh like you like we said Tier four and five. I know you got access to e y L University not more online business in the world.
Speaker 2: It is also going to be on my ship. There you have it, and yeah, there you go.
Speaker 5: There you go, oh g and shout out to everybody that's been supporting to merch on e y L your leasion dot com.
Speaker 3: We got a bunch of merch for you.
Speaker 4: Abilities.
Speaker 2: That's our slogan that we're running with.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of copycats that took our It took our thing, put on every flavor, but we got trade marks.
Speaker 2: The logo logo.
Speaker 4: We got a couple of different logos, but that's the logo that week.
Speaker 2: That's funny that that it's very similar to the OSG network, is it. You gotta do what you got you with Dennis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna link flying out here. Yeah, he told me. He told me we're gonna link with Dennis. Yeah, nigga. Yeah, he's a big he's a big support of your leisure. Shout to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, damn that nigga's on the post.
Speaker 5: Tells me something. Yeah, yeah, shout by the support. That's a fan.
Speaker 4: That's a fan.
Speaker 3: That's a big fan like that.
Speaker 2: Either way, he was gonna end up here. Yeah, we are Kenny because you know Kenny Burns. You know I hired him to be the president of rock Music for Yeah.
Speaker 3: He tells the stories about that stories he did. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we was living for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he can tell you, We tell you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He loved his time up there.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Heead war stories more.
Speaker 5: More of his war stories were prior to coming to Rockefeller, but a lot.
Speaker 4: Of stories with Diddy. Him and I was talking about my stories, his stories.
Speaker 3: He didn't really about your stories.
Speaker 2: To tell you about the time that I went into the post office.
Speaker 3: I just told him about that. He told you, brother, when you did the interview with him. I was watching. I'm trying to tell you, like, I really follow you, bro.
Speaker 2: The security thing, make a security thing.
Speaker 3: I just they called the rock on you they called, Yeah, Bro, did not just tell you?
Speaker 5: I'm like, yo, yeah nah that He was like, now we ain't called security, Like now you called the rock.
Speaker 3: That's a good of security, Bro. I just wanted to talk.
Speaker 4: It was like Rock, you ran up in Puff's office. You just want to have a conversation, friendly conversation.
Speaker 3: I'm not that would be interesting to see. I'm sure that's what you told him to And when you did, when.
Speaker 4: Were you able to have the conversation? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah it was I'll show you.
Speaker 3: Anything got thrown.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a computer guy, he threw his computer.
Speaker 4: He threw his computer.
Speaker 2: Well, he was watching me say, like yo, Puff called me because I was saying I ain't gonna do not.
Speaker 4: We made a pack not to talk about those things you have now, Kenny Kenny. He told us a story about when Cameron screamed got him.
Speaker 2: Which one camera everything. Camra used to be on percosets a lot because of the stomach, so it used to you know it's timber.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, that explains it. Dan say my name make you dash like Dan, there you have. Biggie Small said that fact the legendary.
Speaker 2: That's a that I want you to know that I fully embraced the status of Biggie Small say in my name in the rhyme. I'm enjoying it. I know what it means, like a fan, like as if I never knew him. I know what it means. That's how much I'm enjoying life right now. I know the history. I'm enjoying the history. I'm marinating it like wine being right. It's crazy and everyone told you you were wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw that they put the post up. Dame was right all along.
Speaker 4: I apologized, I think to you.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, you saw the interview. When I got back to the Breakfast club, it was tightened up, like it was.
Speaker 4: A different real estate anything. I'm pretty sure listen, listen, can't.
Speaker 2: I was like, next time I walk up in here, I want to shake your hands, and I did. I was proud of my work that day. That day, I was like, oh, I'm ill.
Speaker 3: What was the other interview? It was like, Yo, twenty years ago, I was a DJ twenty days ago.
Speaker 4: Same interview, Like that, I was a legendary situation.
Speaker 2: That was now.
Speaker 3: He was like twenty years ago, I was the CEO.
Speaker 2: He was a DJ.
Speaker 5: Two years later, I'm the CEO. You're still a dj said the growth he was, Yeah, I wrote it down because I was like that, so he was, I be on one.
Speaker 2: I was hot. I gotta look at that interview again. I don't even remember saying.
Speaker 3: That was crazy.
Speaker 4: Woah Dame said that, but yeah, that definitely said that.
Speaker 2: Heapping out.
Speaker 4: You never know sometimes you never know what he's gonna say.
Speaker 2: He don't even know what he just happens.
Speaker 4: It should be live. That ship was live and he was on the podcast him and sees. I definitely he sells the cribs right, yeah, us about his whole situation.
Speaker 2: Do All is doing that ship him and his man in Jersey too, They're like they originated do it All from Lords of the Underground. He's actually put me with he was in one of your things. No, he's pure in the game with me. He put me with the Bishop Prenell, the YA squad, who is the educator of where racism starts religion. You know, he's been made it clear clear to me to understand that the proper translation of the real name of Jesus is Joshua mm hmm, and the Jesus is a European translation, and nothing that took place in the Bible happened in Europe, So why do we all worship a name that's a European translation? Like just logically mhm. And he was the first person and the bishop to break that down to me in such an eloquent way, with such aggression. He's the Dame Dash of history to me of religion. And then also I talked to Billy Carson, who I haven't spoken to since he launched his app. I was like, yo, bro, call me man, and he is telling me the original origin of history. You know, the Ananoki shit. We were really from how human was even made just based on text that they don't tell us, just based on religion. We come from being modified from people from another planet.
Speaker 3: I heard that. And you're talking about the hieroglyphith.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know that's what's on the network. That's the Galaxy network, the YAH Squad network, the OSG network. These are people that are better at me, better than me, but they know intelligence about the things that I personally believe need to be fixed. Like I've had an unc since I was a teenager. I've always had an ancle on me. That Cross never made sense to me because it only represented Phalic men. You know, on them sticks on me. This represents a woman and a man. God is a combination of both on this planet. But the man's job is to be a slave. I do firmly believe that women are God logically because they make life. And isn't that what God does?
Speaker 3: That's what God is?
Speaker 2: Right? So who what on this planet creates life? So how could they not be God? Just logically put your ego to the set. How could a woman not be God if she creates life? And we can't.
Speaker 4: Logically, well, I think that that man plays the part in creating life. It's like.
Speaker 2: Actually, like, no, no, no, let me just say this, before there was men. Women actually could create life.
Speaker 4: Without men, like immaculate conception.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not a Maculus conception. It was I gotta do, I gotta I'll show you this ship. But again, we don't like my girl. My wife, Roquel horn Dash is pregnant right now with my baby. I had a part in it. But that baby is in her graduation, thank you, But it's in her, it's growing in her. Her body is the one that's going through a physical change. She's the one whose hormones are on a different level. She's the one who has to have six to eight pounds for you know, come through a holeless. Bit. We ain't doing that. She's the one that has to have a period every month and be in pain just so she could create life. Is that not the case? It's true, that's true. You know, she's the one that doesn't have physical muscle because of lack of testosterone, which is generated by our testicles to go physically do work. So if we're here to make muscle, to go do physical work. I just believe our role in this world is to be a slave for a woman. And that's the only way you could be a king is if you're a slave for a queen. That's just how I feel.
Speaker 3: When did you get to that point?
Speaker 5: Because I know you were doing an invest in women thing and that I thought that was extremely powerful, But at what point did you get to that.
Speaker 3: Declaration or that thought processing when it came to women.
Speaker 2: It was an evolution of thought, but it started with a Leah.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know.
Speaker 2: She really was. You know, it was like royalty to me. Her presence was royal, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the feeling that I got from Roquel was similar to the feeling that I felt from Maliah and it's just a royalness about it. It's just a very I just feel the need to serve, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 4: That's powerful, powerful, absolutely game. Once again, we appreciate you. Good brother.
Speaker 3: I can't believe this said. I'm like in all of this really.
Speaker 4: Had to happen.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Ice.
Speaker 5: We had that conversation, like, I text him like, yoll, remember when we said we're gonna get deemed.
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you this question. Yeah, because I know that there are people that I wanted to meet, and when I meet them, it's not what I thought it would be. So what did you think this experience would be like from beginning to end? Just the experience in general.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I thought it would be just like this. I really thought it was going to be just like this and didn't. It did not disappoint pretty much. How I how I Yeah, it's kind of crazy. I texted him today, I'm like, yo, February twenty nine, twenty nineteen, your page followed us and I was like, yo, bro, yo, Dame's following us, Like.
Speaker 2: We really, what's your page? What's the page on.
Speaker 3: Your Lisia on Instagram that's your.
Speaker 2: Wow. You know what's funny because I follow random Ship. If things are on it, that's interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah I was, and I was like I still got the text him today, like yo, bro, that was February and I'm like, yo, damn, Like I think we were onto something.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Yeah yeah, I don't even know that was young. Yeah yeah, I was just that was a random thing. I think you might have came up on the popular page, came up on my feet because of Billy Carson.
Speaker 5: I think, okay, yeah, I mean everything else, it's big deal for us, straight up. And he texted me like, yo, we gotta get Dean and we got to get master P and I think both those things can happen in the spring, and we were like, let's do it.
Speaker 3: And then we had Nipsey on the list. And then two weeks after that.
Speaker 2: My interaction with Nipsey was so interesting. How how is student.
Speaker 4: The reason why we really wanted to because we had business podcasts and he just really he's one of these guys that just was business wise.
Speaker 2: Well he had such a level of respect, you know, for real ship and I had never met him and he actually came to a book signing of mine in the club. And when I heard I was on my way out, I heard he was there. I came back. I didn't leave. I just went back to and we spoke and every second was the knowledge, like he was picking my brain. And then you know, we exchanged numbers and we spoke about some other personal things. You know, I still got this texts that we spoke about. But he was just a sponge and I could like see him applying things daily and that really it like and and my the dude that I consider my therapist, but he's a friend that gives me therapy when we talk or he has therapeutic conversations with me. Tis he was like a real good friend of his. And it just like it was like losing Biggie. Yeah, it was like losing the lear like knowing someone personally and their potential, and it was like realizing his potential. I was like looking at what he was gonna look like in ten years already, right, I was like, he's gonna be ill in ten years or fifteen, it's gonna be sick. He's still gonna be young. So it's like when you're doing things that are important, you gotta tighten up.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: And the only light I could get out of that was to learn from it, and that experience made me tighten up. But it was sad and it hurt, and it still does because I always, like, when I see potential, I always wonder, like, what the fuck would the leader be today? Would Biggie be today, big L big L? Yeah, you know, Tupac Tupac big Pun, I mean would be today? Like, look who I am today? Who would they be?
Speaker 3: They didn't make it pass, you know, senseless acts of violence.
Speaker 2: It's just how many senseless of our leaders, our generals get caught up in a stupid war, nonsense like fighting the good war right to where you slipped for the stupid war. So if you're good in one place, make sure you're good every place. When you're good in one place, tighten up every place.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I got I got a question and it just hit me. I forgot to ask it to you. But obviously you've been around a lot of people who influences you. Now, is it just family or there are other people out there that you're watching, like you know that's a source of influence.
Speaker 3: Is anybody out there?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Kanye influences me.
Speaker 4: Kanye, shout out to easy.
Speaker 2: When your student becomes your teacher, you did your job.
Speaker 4: That should be that should be the goal of every teacher.
Speaker 2: It's happens.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kanye, you.
Speaker 2: Know, through all the bullshit, when I have conversations with him, I learned, you know, because to me, he's better than me and making his dreams come true. You don't have the same dreams, but he makes his dreams come true better than me in a manic state. Sometimes genius.
Speaker 3: Definitely, Definitely it's art.
Speaker 2: Kanye is art. Pause for me, living, breathing art. Everything he does is is fucking interesting and different. Gotta watch everything he does, watch, and I'm really proud of him. You know he took that fucking red hat off. Yeah he did.
Speaker 3: He did fucking and now he's running for president.
Speaker 2: He never said that, tweeted. He did not tweet that. He said twenty vision take it the way he wanted. I ain't seen him run for ship. What I heard was I'm taking the red hat off.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Kanye, Oh, brother, we gotta get an interview with Yeah, that's the next that's the next, giant Dame h Once again, we appreciate your hospitality.
Speaker 2: Also, he dropped that two billion. He dropped that two man when he counted George Floyd. Let me give you another Jeopardy music question. Name another motherfucker that's talking about helping That dropped anywhere near two men. Dude, that's a heavy that's a heavy mic drop. That made me proud. He Nigga came through. She dropped that bank right flew his private jet, walked through his ship, didn't say a word, jump back on his jet and was the lowless voice with that motherfucking a mic dropper. Is a fucking bag drop, bag drop? That's gangs two milli.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, that's that's significant.
Speaker 2: That's all we need to talk about. Took the red hat off and did the bag drop when it count.
Speaker 4: Kanye of the greatest.
Speaker 2: I'm proud to be a part of that any level, one of the greatest ever right now. He the best that ever did it because of the Gap deal and the sneaker deal Nigga made East Jordan's with sneakers. Yeah, non athlete athlete. We got to give that man this props.
Speaker 3: Non athlete to do it.
Speaker 2: And also the Gap is gonna be crazy and he's localizing production so wait, you know what that means.
Speaker 3: I heard they were trying to give him some fight, some fight back in Wyoming.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I'm just saying he's making sure everything made by him is in the US.
Speaker 3: That's important.
Speaker 2: My bag drop, that's all that counts. All the other ship is fucking circus. He's back dropping.
Speaker 3: Coin it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: My graduates from my school being forts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Kevin Hart, all of them.
Speaker 3: Pick one.
Speaker 4: Pick one?
Speaker 2: Back drop, bag drop, Mike, drop bag drops?
Speaker 3: Can we make that a drop?
Speaker 4: Can we make that a drop? Bag drop? That's a drop, that's a backdrop, backdrop.
Speaker 2: Do one, do one. It's funny, he's funny. You know you you know you're still in the back of the camera. You're not sounding like a ghost. The only thing looked like a ghost pause is your legs.
Speaker 3: You have to wear you have to wear them. You have to wear them.
Speaker 2: Well, don't don't black belt. Don't smack it down. You might get some ashes on that.
Speaker 4: White pants for black belt.
Speaker 2: White pants.
Speaker 3: You're black belt today.
Speaker 4: Now we see it.
Speaker 3: Choked your joe.
Speaker 4: You should never feel you never feel that comfortable.
Speaker 3: That's the exact reason you shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Did it, because you know everybody wears white pants, but no, not everybody don't like respect. It was puffed on a party later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I think respect respectful like a.
Speaker 2: Boat ride about to go on. Let me you know what I mean. You triggered the memory.
Speaker 4: You know, you know what's crazy And I said this at essence a few years ago. This is this is off topic, but it's true. Black people don't coach. I've ever seen go to all white party. We like obsessed with the color white. I've never seen the Spanish all white party. Black people love white parties. No, I do love white, the color. But I'm just saying I don't know why. I'm like they do all white baby showers, all white boat parties, all white think about it. It's always an all white party for black people somewhere.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's that's that's the programming. No, it's that that's the culture that we've been given to think that dark means really dark and light means you know, or rather like a certain way. But whatever, But anyway, dang, once again, thank you appreciate it. Thanks for letting me be on your TV show.
Speaker 4: Television show production, b bro, do we gotta take a picture of Mike Yeah.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right.
Speaker 2: Leave now.
Speaker 1: Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 3: Sponsored the state's Department of Homeland Security,