Speaker 1: Well, hello, and welcome back to How Rude Tan Rito's. I'm Andrea Barber and I'm Jodie Sweeten.
Speaker 2: I am so stoked for today's minisode. I've been looking forward to this. I am this is, this is, this is.
Speaker 1: This is, this is.
Speaker 3: It is your time to shine and to retell in in sort of the great oral traditions of yesteryear.
Speaker 1: How your n K O t B cruise was?
Speaker 2: Because it's obviously of that standard, yes, and it is not the only one wondering.
Speaker 1: A It is a sacred trip that you make every year.
Speaker 3: And I haven't even gotten to ask you about it because I knew we were doing a minisota about it, so I was like, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't want to ruin any of the surprises.
Speaker 3: I just want to be here, strapped in, going along for the ride, just like the audience. And I will have questions because I don't you know this. I don't know anything about n K TB other than Joey McIntyre and the Wahlberg one, the Wallburg one, Donnie right right, Marky Mark's the other well Mark Wahlberg whatever, okay, And I feel awful.
Speaker 1: I don't remember any other names.
Speaker 3: I know they had hanging tough and that's about where I drop off at their discography. Soay, so I am like a newbie to this. Please explain all the lingo, all of the like weird traditions that you guys have, because I'm sure that there are many. And yeah, I here we go. Oh, let's carry a barber. Take it away. New Kids on the Block Cruise twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: And technically this is a question from Megan in Woodlands, Texas, so I want to give the credit for this question. Megan asks, Andrea, you told us you were going on the NKOTB cruise and now I want to hear all the details as a fellow fan.
Speaker 1: How was it? It was amazing?
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, first, just a tiny tiny bit of history. So New Kids on the Block have been chartering cruises since two thousand and nine, so it's been over ten years that they've been chartering cruises. This particular one was their twelfth cruise, and I've only been on six of them, guys, so I'm not even like the most experienced blockhead, which is what we call the New Kids Block fans.
Speaker 1: We're all blockheads. It's a big sister got it.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I started going on these cruises. My first one was in twenty thirteen. And I have this group of girlfriends, these wonderful women that we travel from all different parts of America where you know, we're from Connecticut and Arizona and Atlanta, and we all meet once a year in Miami and uh set sail with NKOTB for four nights and four days and it's just a dream come true.
Speaker 1: So is it okay? My question?
Speaker 3: Is it only new kids fans on the cruise or is it like they're mixed in with other people who are like, oh my god, what's happening on the Lido deck at seven pm?
Speaker 1: Or is it everyone's in Oh no, no, no, this is just it's a new kids on the higher cruise ship cruise of new kids fans.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, it's three thousand blockheads. And I got five five, the five members of NKOTB.
Speaker 1: And then their management. How do they survive? Like how are they not ripped to pieces? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like I can't imagine they can just walk out anywhere.
Speaker 2: They have a very very qualified security team that takes care of.
Speaker 3: Them, right, and they're probably like seven decks above anywhere that's accessible, so.
Speaker 1: The fans know.
Speaker 2: The fans know they're on deck seven, like they know the exact hallway.
Speaker 1: Just blocked off with security too.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, the we're women in our forties, but that doesn't mean we behave well all the time.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not speaking for myself.
Speaker 3: Well I'm okay, maybe a little because I'm known to behave myself.
Speaker 1: So that's yeah, nothing I can relate to. Okay.
Speaker 3: So it's all three thousand blockheads, three thousand guys all get on the ship.
Speaker 2: If we all get on the ship and everybody, it's like being in middle school again because everybody's wearing their swag. They've got like their Joey McIntyre button, they've got door decorations.
Speaker 1: They bring like all of their.
Speaker 2: Supplies from Joanne's and are just like decorating their doors with posters or interactive displays, like they go all out.
Speaker 1: There's a there's active display.
Speaker 3: What, yes, I need to know what does an interactive display on a new kid's But like does Joey like pop out in three D and like kiss your hand or something and sing to you?
Speaker 1: Like is that does it light up? That would be a very popular a popular one.
Speaker 2: No, A lot of them are like photo booth type things, so they'll have like somebody built the ball the doll box that the New Kids on the Block dolls used to come in and it was like a life size doll box and you kind of walk into it and take your picture and walk.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it? Like the n Sync one that they did for the Yes, Okay got it. Yeah, it's like that.
Speaker 2: But the one the display that I'm always like, I'm always a few doors down from this particular set of cruisers.
Speaker 3: They do the same display everything they have the last two years, so I don't know if they've done it more than that. This tells me that there was a serious investment in oh in this because if they've done it two years in a row, it's because that ship wasn't cheap.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is it?
Speaker 2: So they they it's a tribute to Jonathan Knight and his HGTV show called Farmhouse Fixer.
Speaker 1: Okay. John is a big old farmer.
Speaker 2: He's a real estate guy and he flips houses and loves to renovate them.
Speaker 1: Is like his his that's his life.
Speaker 2: That's it just does New Kids on the Block on the side, but he's really like farm builder dude.
Speaker 1: So they do their.
Speaker 2: Door as a dedication to John and farmhouse Fixers, so it's all decorated like a farm. And then they have like a tractor, like a three D tractor that's outside the door, and a life size like plush doll of John with an automated voice recording that says, Hi, I'm John Knight.
Speaker 3: That's horrifying, Andrew, that's terrifying.
Speaker 2: And sorry, I hear this sounds yeah, that's scary. Wait, what do you mean walks by? It says, Hi, I'm John Knight.
Speaker 1: I know that's scary.
Speaker 3: How what do you mean a life size doll?
Speaker 2: It's like a like a no, it's like a well, I don't know, but it looked to me like it's something they had assembled. It's not a blow up doll, but it's like a stuffed yeah, maybe more like a It was more like a just like a life size something.
Speaker 1: And then they like paste his face like a cutout.
Speaker 3: Like a cutout, right, right, Okay, So I mean it's not like for like professional I was like thinking that was like in the shape of like a human, Like it was a really scary wax figurine.
Speaker 1: That's what I was. No, he looks like the scarecrow.
Speaker 2: He looks like a stuffed scarecrow, but with John Knight's face on.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's better.
Speaker 2: But the motion activated voice that So every time somebody walks by this door, all night high I'm John Knight, I.
Speaker 3: Would, I'd be like, I'm sorry, we need to have some hours on mister Knight where we need to Mister Knight want to night because it's because it's all night with mister Night and I'm done.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, there's just all these traditions.
Speaker 2: People bring banners from Like there's people fly in from Australia, from Japan, I mean from the UK, Like they fly in from all over and so they have their banners with their their flag, their country flags and they hang it on the lido decks.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh, okay, there's the Denmark.
Speaker 3: Right like it's like the U n of nkot U n U n kotb. Oh my god, yes, hey, now you watched and that you can give me credit for that.
Speaker 1: I'm going to pass that on and give you credit, you n kot b.
Speaker 3: And it's it's just all of they send their delegates and pass resolutions and things.
Speaker 2: And there's actually okay, so they do theme nights every night on the.
Speaker 3: Leado deck theme beyond new Kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, it's very specific. I don't I don't know. I am I educate, Yes, I'm here to educate.
Speaker 2: Okay, So they every cruise, the last night is always the same theme, and it's called GPS Night. And so it's like dress where you're from, you know, dress dressed like something that symbolizes where you're from, which for the Americans it usually just means like a sports jersey from wherever you live, like the Lakers.
Speaker 3: Joy or whatever, or someone dressed up as the Statue of Liberty.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, people get very creative.
Speaker 3: That giant ball of twine that's somewhere in Middle America.
Speaker 1: No, just probably not it.
Speaker 2: Oh well, what I what I usually wear is I dress up like a worker from in and Out, which I realize now in and out the Burger franchise. That's not just now they've expanded to Arizona and Texas and stuff.
Speaker 1: But I would dress like a worker, like with the red.
Speaker 2: Apron, right, big safety pin in the back and the little paper and.
Speaker 3: That's still a pretty California it's still a pretty California thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But my point being that GPS Night is great because everyone dressed, like if you're from a country, that's not the way I say they dress in you know, something that symbolizes their country. And so you're right, they're like delegates walking around, except they're drunk instead of you know, serious professionals.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I think you're giving a lot of people a lot of credit. But I I mean, I've been in New York during un week and it feels very much the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is. It's great.
Speaker 2: Like the Canadians will dress as Mounties. You know, some people just wear their country flags like a like a cape, and it's it's fantastic.
Speaker 1: It's so fast as night. That's GPS Night. Are the other nights?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, let me go in. I'll go in chronological order. Actually, let me just kind of late, let me go kind of lay this.
Speaker 1: Out, just lay it out, give me a schedule I need to. I'm gonna give you the itinerary right right.
Speaker 2: So it starts the crew starts on Thursday afternoon, and it starts with the sail away party and that's when literally like they they blow the horn and we sail away from Miami.
Speaker 1: I mean that was pretty self explanatory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but everyone but all three thousand people are gathered on the Lido deck, okay, right, like it is. It is probably a fire hazard or something, but it's like all of us are crammed in there like sardines, right, and just waiting waiting for the guys to appear, like this is the first time we're going to see the new kids on the block come out and wave to everyone.
Speaker 1: But first we have to do the oath.
Speaker 2: Donnie Wahlberg leads us in the oath, the sail Away Oath every year, which I can't.
Speaker 1: I don't have it memorized. Sorry, you know, everybody.
Speaker 3: I need I don't care. I need at least a rough But.
Speaker 2: It's based like, hey, hey, he knows that we're a lot of like women who are moms and have jobs, and we sacrifice a lot of our lives for other people, and this cruise is our time.
Speaker 1: And it's like it's like raw raw, he gets the all we're all yelling, we're all.
Speaker 2: Excited, and then the five guys walk out and wave and the music is pumping and we're sailing away.
Speaker 3: So Basically, the oath is like what happens on the cruise stays on the cruise, and you have and you have earned the right to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've earned the right to just you know, let your hair down and just let loose for four nights and not worry about anything else in the world.
Speaker 1: It's great. There's nothing like it.
Speaker 2: So that's the sail away. So that's the sail Away party. And then later that night they do a game show. Okay, the new Kids will do a game show and they bring some fans up on stage and this They do a different game show every year, and this year they did Family Feud. It's usually a hot mess, like it's it's like there's disorganization, and it's funny.
Speaker 1: It's all about going off script.
Speaker 2: The guys are so good about going off script and just ad libbing and making making fun of things. And so game show is always super super funk fun night. And then later that night, the first night, the Thursday night, the first theme night.
Speaker 1: This year it was like the gala night, the dress up night. Oh okay, and you had.
Speaker 2: To dress up in the colors of their album, their first album since they reunited in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 1: That album was called The Block.
Speaker 2: You know, get all fancy get Okay, it's just so great because people really like they'll get bring out gowns. I think most of us are not wearing heels at this point because walking on.
Speaker 3: A moving ship in he's.
Speaker 2: Not That's not my cup of tea. But yeah, it's the dress up night is great. The guys always look fantastic and hot in some sort of tuxedo cumber bun situation. This year they wore sparkly rainbow jackets and I love it.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, it was great. It was great. Okay, love a good gala. That's day one's and the lead.
Speaker 3: I mean, it takes off in the afternoon and you're doing sail away party, game show, show and.
Speaker 2: Gala and the gala and it goes well. These parties don't start till like eleven PM.
Speaker 1: Like the time too for that, I know, yeah, that's all you know me, I like to go to bed at eight o'clock. I know, how do you survive this? Well?
Speaker 2: I have the advantage because I fly in from the West Coast, so that's West coast. I'm actually I can actually make it usually until about two am. That's usually when the Leedo parties, and although Donnie Donnie Wahlberg has his after parties that go till six am.
Speaker 1: Like, really, man, he doesn't sleep. Donnie Walberg does not sleep for four nights. I don't know how.
Speaker 2: I don't know how he survives this, like because he's he's got over fifty years old now, and I was like, how are you keep interesting by the end of.
Speaker 1: Those four days?
Speaker 2: Oh, he's he's loopy but fantastic and I'm just always giving one hundred and forty percent.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, do you have breakfast with the blockheads? No, there's no, but no, everybody sleeping in.
Speaker 3: True if you guys are up till two am and drinking, Yeah, who's no, one's getting up for breakfast.
Speaker 2: We're sleeping in. But then the next day is the island day. That's when we go to half Moon Cay or half Moon Key. I don't know how you pronounce it. I'll just say half moon k because that's how we were pronouncing it then.
Speaker 1: But it's it's a private island for Carnival.
Speaker 2: The ship, the ship that we were on, and so we have the island all to ourselves.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 2: You go, nice go we're sitting on our lounge chairs. It's hotter than hell because it's so humid and crazy. So it's like we just spend a lot of time in the water, usually because the water is a great temperature, beautiful color. At some point, they bring out the new kids on the block on like a little a little tender, one of those little boats, and they they're waving to their crowd, and they come in and the and everyone parts in the sea like the Red Sea, and the guys come on the beach, and then they have beach games. They're separated into five different teams, one for each new kid, and they do beach games.
Speaker 1: I have never participated in these games. I have no desire to.
Speaker 2: I don't even really watch these beach games because it's so hot.
Speaker 1: I'm usually in the shade somewhere on a lounge.
Speaker 3: What sort of like like volleyball or like what or.
Speaker 2: Like quiz games and stuff. No, no, no, it's like physical games. It could be like a tug of war or Okay, it's all again, it's always very disorganized and confusing, but that doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It's all just about having out. I mean, that is the theory of my life. Exactly exactly. So that's the beach day. It's very relaxing.
Speaker 2: Everybody gets back on the boat around five pm and it's time to get ready for the concert.
Speaker 1: The guys throw like a full concert on the ship.
Speaker 3: After being outside in the sun all day.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh no, they they they they have Stamma. These guys are like, this is it four days, We're gonna make it happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, I mean when you're working, you just you do it, you know, you just do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and they also they have like ivs, like their their team brings ivy hydration rights and yeah, exactly, they're just them, they're they're taking care of So, yeah, there's it's a con and it's great because there's only they do two different concerts because they can't fit the entire three thousand of us in one in the theater room, so it'll be you know, fifteen hundred on one night and fifteen hundred on another night. But it's great because it's a small Yeah, it's a small venue, and so you're like right up close to the guys and they come out in the audience and they sing to us or they put the microphone in front of your mouth and you know, right, so you get to sing along.
Speaker 1: It's great.
Speaker 2: It's always one of my favorite concerts just because it's such a wonderful up close experience.
Speaker 1: Okay, and it's cool.
Speaker 2: You're like you can feel the ship rocking and you're like whoo. You're like, is that the alcohol or is that the ship?
Speaker 1: Oh? Maybe both? I don't know, but it's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they put on a full, full concert, which is usually like some version of the tour that they did last year.
Speaker 1: It's always a great time. Love it, always, love it.
Speaker 2: A good night, and then later in the night the next theme night is rodeo night.
Speaker 1: So everybody's dressed as cow boys. Okay, yeah, we got which is not you know, a cowboy hat? Is It's not easy to travel with a cowboy hat.
Speaker 3: Well, you have to get a particular box to put them in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's going to travel? Who's got room for all this?
Speaker 2: And in a in a cruise ship cabin too, it's not a lot of space.
Speaker 3: You've been on six of these things, you've obviously figured it out.
Speaker 1: I've got a science, I get Yeah.
Speaker 3: But now my question is is there a reason it's a cowboy night? Is there is one of them a cowboy or is this just a good theme to pick?
Speaker 2: Well, sometimes the themes are random, okay, But I believe they chose rodeo night because the New Kids had performed just a couple months ago at a rodeo Okay, got it, got it, And so I think that was the tie in.
Speaker 1: If not, it's just okay, it's just a rodeo night.
Speaker 3: I mean that's fine. I you know, theme nights are always good. I just wondered if it was like tied into a particular thing.
Speaker 1: No, Well, sometimes yes, sometimes no, this time I would say, yes, got it. But that's always a good time.
Speaker 2: And this is always the moment where Joey McIntyre decides to do a costume change.
Speaker 1: And so he did.
Speaker 2: He went backstage and he came out, and he came out and he's not he's wearing his underpants, like he's wearing okay underpants and Anna, he's carrying a guitar and he has a cowboy hat on, like the naked cowboy. So when he's carrying the guitar, you can't tell that he's got underpants on. But yeah, like I was like, oh, that's Joey McIntyre in his underwear. Of course, this is the moment he chooses to come over and say hi to me, and I'm like, I can't talk to you, I can't look at you. You're in You're in your underpantsvert my eyes.
Speaker 3: So many things I love about this One is underpants.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 3: The visual that I'm getting on this is just hit incredible.
Speaker 1: It's a sight to behold.
Speaker 3: And I I just it's I yeah, this is amazing. So that's and that's the same night as the concert, or that is the concert.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's not at the concert.
Speaker 2: That's Alito party, at the party after the concert.
Speaker 3: God, And you know.
Speaker 1: This is this is too much. This is too much, Jamina.
Speaker 2: You need so much stamina to be a participant on the cruise.
Speaker 1: Now, I get.
Speaker 3: While you're like, oh my god, I've got them coming back from the cruise, I'm like, it's a cruise you're laying at. No, No, you are going my first rode and beaching and concerting and underpantsing.
Speaker 1: Okay, my my first cruise.
Speaker 2: I only slept nine hours total over four good for you. No, And I'm I'm ten years older now, so I can't do that any mess.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I'm not going to talk about not sleeping for days.
Speaker 1: So yeah. So so that's night two.
Speaker 3: So that's night two, seventeen activities.
Speaker 1: Already, it's packed. I'm telling you it's packed.
Speaker 2: So the next the next day is it's just a day at sea and it's it's pretty it's pretty quiet for for the most part, because this is when the guys do their photo op. They take photos with every single person on the cruise, which is saying yes, and it's all it's in groups of ten, so kind of you know, have it very modernized so you know you're you're not wasting a whole bunch of time.
Speaker 1: So that's like three hundred pictures a lot.
Speaker 3: They spend what we do with a nineties cone.
Speaker 2: Well true, true, but this isn't on the heels of doing a concert and a.
Speaker 1: Beach well that yeah, I mean, can you imagine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, entertaining people on the lido deck until two am. Yeah, there's a lot of waiting around, a lot of nerves making sure your makeup looks good. So res photo is perfect, So that's most.
Speaker 3: So otherwise you'll have to wait till next year to get.
Speaker 1: A perfect photo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, exactly, so and for some people, for a lot of people, actually this is the only chance where they get face to face contact with every single new kid.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: For a lot of it's it depends on are you walking through the same hallway as this is right at a particular time.
Speaker 1: A lot of it's just chance.
Speaker 2: But this is the photo op is the chance for everyone to say hello and hug and hug each new kid.
Speaker 1: So got it, I get it. It's important.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: It was like when we did the nineties come with the whole group photo. People were losing their mind at.
Speaker 2: All this, yes, exactly, and it's quick and it goes super fast and you don't remember anything once.
Speaker 1: Okay, So day three in this photo day.
Speaker 2: Photo day, and then that night, the the theme of that Leado party was album cover night, so you had to dress like an album cover of your choice.
Speaker 1: It didn't have to be new kids on the block. I was gonna say, like any album could you like?
Speaker 2: Someone came as the Nirvana baby, like the Nirvana cover.
Speaker 1: The baby Baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Someone was holding the background, like the watery background behind and that's They walked around like that all night and the people go, people go all out on these costumes, what was yours? Oh my, okay, mine was a little niche.
Speaker 1: I don't know if everyone's going to to know this because it's.
Speaker 3: A new Kids on the Block tour cruise. It's all it's very niche. We're in the niche of the niche.
Speaker 2: So so we decided to recreate this spoof, this commercial. This it's a it's a commercial for Triple A that was performed by Joey mac tire, Joey Fatone, Nicholas Che and Wanya from Boys to Men right, And it was a commercial for the insurance company. But they all dressed in white like they were. They were a band called Boys No More.
Speaker 1: And it was a spoof on boy bands. I think every girls screaming for them.
Speaker 2: And there's there's a tour bus that says, you know, Boys No More, and somebody asks Joey Fatone for his autograph and instead he writes like Triple A Insurance rates on it instead.
Speaker 1: It's hysterical.
Speaker 2: So we're like, we're gonna be Boys No More. We're gonna dress like them. So we got our all white denim outfits. We had little name tags that like Triple A name tags with each of our names and we even printed out like laminates like those all Access laminates with the Boys No More their album cover on it.
Speaker 1: It was so well bad.
Speaker 3: It was very niche but incredibly creative and I like it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you, I really I appreciate the uh the effort gone to with that one. I don't know if I don't know if everyone knew who we were. We kind of had to explain it, and a lot of.
Speaker 2: People thought we were Backstreet Boys and like the they did a bunch of videos with the all white denim, but we're like, no, no, we're Boys No More.
Speaker 1: So that was ours.
Speaker 2: But the New Kids came out that night. They replicated their Christmas album cover, so they legit put on Christmas sweaters. They got on a damn Christmas sleigh and someone pushed them out in through the Lido deck and they were throwing like fake snowballs on everyone and recreated the same pos.
Speaker 1: Joe had his same like big smiley face. This album is from the nineties and they're recreated it in It's hilarious.
Speaker 3: It's like the awkward family photos when people recreate them.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, so that's great, so fun. Okay, So that was leedle party.
Speaker 3: That was night number three, and then day four, and you guys are heading day four.
Speaker 2: Yes, Day fours is the wrap up. This is the day that I did my own meet and greet. This was not a formal or official thing, but in order to manage the number.
Speaker 1: Of people like it. There's a big crossover between full house fans new kids. I'm sure I was going to say, I'm also.
Speaker 2: On a boat with three thousand full house fans, you know, more or less. So in order to manage these crowds, and I don't want, like if I don't want to stop a million times for selfie and it creates like a blockage and people can't get by and it's distracting from the other events. So I said, okay, look I'm gonna have a dedicated time to do selfies and it's gonna be on Sunday in the atrium from one to three. Come by and and chat, hang out. Take for sure that that we were there for two and a half hours. The line was so I went up the staircase around and around, like the blockheads love to line up, they love to form line.
Speaker 1: They were like they were in line.
Speaker 3: I had no idea if there was going to be a new kid or a Backstreet or a pullhouse.
Speaker 1: I don't know'sler a Gibler right.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they were so so kind and they were like, thank you for doing this, and I'm like, no, thank you for waiting in this line to just say hi to me and take a selfie. And they were very kind and very appreciative and that made me, you feel really good, And I think it was a good way to kind of set boundaries so that everyone could enjoy the crew.
Speaker 3: Like I'm doing it, but just not right now, so you can enjoy yourself but know that you know people will still get to have their moment too, which is exactly I.
Speaker 1: Like that of respect. It worked out. It was a good balance this year, so I'm very happy about that.
Speaker 3: So now, is there a sailing in party? Since you have a sailing away party? There is?
Speaker 1: There is I've had. How did I know, of course there is?
Speaker 2: Well, for first, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that Joe Joey McIntyre does do his own his Joe Show on the last night of the cruise, so he'll come out.
Speaker 1: Joe Show is just.
Speaker 2: Him doing you know, some cover songs or his own songs. He had a guitar player with him, Sean, who he's been touring with this summer. He wants to do fifty Joe shows this year. Oh good because he turned fifty years old. Yeah, okay in December.
Speaker 1: Of last year.
Speaker 2: So this was one of his Joe shows. He performed on the cruise, which was fantastic. Always love Joe. He's my favorite. In case you couldn't tell.
Speaker 3: I have been aware of this for many years.
Speaker 1: So yeah.
Speaker 2: So the last night is the GPS Night, which oh that's right, yes night, right when the un delegates come right, come out and they stay up all night. This is a party that doesn't end. It doesn't end at two o'clock like the DJ. You just literally until you are floating into Miami and the sun is coming up. You can see all of the buildings in Miami still have the lights on because.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's dog Yeah. I know that time of day, well you do, and I've actually never made it that far.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: The latest I've made it is like four am. This year.
Speaker 2: I went to bed early at two am. But from what people tell me, it's just magical. Just it's everyone is emotional, they're hugging each other. You know, for a lot of us, this is the only time we get to see these particular friends, and so it's a special, special, bitter.
Speaker 1: Sweet night, like adult summer camp sort of thing. I love. Yeah, yeah, it's It's fantastic.
Speaker 3: I have a much greater appreciation and understanding of the new kids on the block cruise now. And also, my dudes, hats off to y'all for keeping up with that kind of a schedule. I mean, I get it when we're in work mode. When I'm in work mode, it's like you're not You're just like a robot and you're just going and going and going, and then you get to the end of the week and you're like, I think I'm collapsing. So I'm sure that they do the same thing. But but yeah, what a what a great fun time. And I love this for you. I love that you go and do this as often as you do, and like that you have this group of friends and this fun, little, very and not even niche, but like what a fun, you know, yearly thing.
Speaker 1: That you get to do. So I love that for you. It's very special.
Speaker 2: And I'm sure a lot of people make fun of make fun of us for being in our forties still chasing this boy band around.
Speaker 3: But you know what build legos in my forties? Okay, I like please.
Speaker 2: It is it is just it's hard to describe exactly find your joy how it is.
Speaker 1: It is pure, unadulterated joy.
Speaker 2: It's interesting that you don't experience very often after the age of you know, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, And this brings us right back to our youth. You know, I feel felt exactly the same giddiness that I felt at thirteen listening to their songs.
Speaker 1: And here I am at sea, stuck at sea with the new.
Speaker 2: Kids, feeling all of those same emotions and experience that with three thousand other women who are feeling the exact same way.
Speaker 1: And it's it's very.
Speaker 3: You know what, We all need to find the things that make us happy and bring us little sparks of joy wherever and whenever we can, because sometimes the world feels like it's a lot. So I am so glad that you have this for yourself. I do have a question, though, Oh sure, for the un KOTB. Is there like a ken delegate that you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Is there like a small male, delicate delegate. Is there a delicate delegate that.
Speaker 3: Could that arrives on behalf of NKOTB. I mean, I can't imagine that it's all. I would imagine it's like ninety nine percent women, but then there's probably a small section of maybe gay men and then.
Speaker 1: Like three straight guys.
Speaker 2: You would think, but you'd be surprised how many men are on this cruise. And yes, it is predominantly meant, it's predominantly women.
Speaker 3: I mean there maybe they're just like, this is a great place to meet women to meet.
Speaker 1: Well, a lot of them are husbands, a lot and these husbands have now become fans of the show.
Speaker 2: But then there's there's other guys who are just fans, Like they're just random guys that are there with their friends and no.
Speaker 3: No embarrassment and find your joy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fire joy.
Speaker 3: You are a male n K A TV fan, If you're a bronie, I don't know, do your thing, you know what I mean, whatever you want to do, have fun and like just enjoy it, because life, short man, is to enjoy it. Go on the cruise, sing, hanging.
Speaker 2: Tough, yep, laugh until your cheeks hurt, and sing and see.
Speaker 1: Joey McIntyre and his underwear with a guitar. I don't know. Do whatever you're gonna do. Wow, that's I mean, that's it. That's that's all. Is the best. It's the best.
Speaker 2: And a lot of people were like, Hey, when is Jody Sweeten when you're gonna do?
Speaker 1: How rude? Live from the ship? How rude cruise?
Speaker 2: Cow if I could get Jody on the New Kids cruise? But yeah, a cruise a ritos, how rude?
Speaker 3: I would be willing to potentially go on the New Kids Cruise as as like a social experiment, as like a thing that I am like, this is so not my scene and be like but I'm going in, like go like deep undercover, Like I'll give that lady down the hall with the Jonathan Knight talking about stuff thing.
Speaker 1: I'll give her a run for money. You will, Oh my god? Could you could be like an unhinged fan.
Speaker 3: You could be a I could just be unhinged that I can do that, you know what I mean, I'll just start there and then whatever happens.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what but or we do we do?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: A Howard Tannurito's cruise A full house cruise.
Speaker 1: We've got We got a big plan, ma'am. We got Oh.
Speaker 3: I know, I better start sleeping now because if we're keeping the kind of schedule that they are, I'm not ready.
Speaker 1: So start sleeping now. You got a year. I'm gonna do that. I'm in fact, I'm gonna go do that right now.
Speaker 3: Actually, yay, right well, everybody, make sure you check out our Instagram at how Rude Tanner Rito's. You can send us messages on there, send us in your fan questions so we can answer more in our minisodes. Also, you can email us at how Rudepodcast at gmail dot com and we will see you next time on how Rude Tanner Rito's.
Speaker 1: Oh outro Outroy. Do you want to take it? Do you want to take it? Or okay? I'm happy to be at any time. I got it? I got it. Okay. The world is small, but the house is full. See you got it, maam. Now I'm forgetting. I'm like what you need it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I got it right here? Boom and just throw it down on the ground. I got it. You're unpredictable. I like that you're keeping it. Whatever happened to prepredictability? That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: No, no,