Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Part one. I hang a scene with a member of the show.
Speaker 3: What's Up Everybody? Another weekend? In this time, I am joined by none other than producer Eddie.
Speaker 1: What's Up?
Speaker 2: Everyone?
Speaker 3: Feel weird when I call you producer ready because that's what your Instagram name.
Speaker 1: Is, Yes, because you never call me a producer ready. But but it's I've always thought about, like, all right, I mean, if I want to be known as us, like someone I like producer ready.
Speaker 3: That's how you wish to be known, like Elton John, you wish to be producer Eddie.
Speaker 1: Well, because some people come up to me and they're just like, wait are you Eddie? And then so were like, wait are you producer ready? So like, and when they say producer, I like, I like that. It just sounds cool.
Speaker 3: Oh no, see, that's great for you. You know what mine is?
Speaker 1: Web girl Morgan?
Speaker 3: No Morgan number two.
Speaker 1: That's all right? Wait wait wait have you not gotten rid of that?
Speaker 2: I have?
Speaker 3: But like listeners still know me is that and it's still in their head.
Speaker 1: It's not your handle anymore.
Speaker 3: No, it hasn't been my handle for a long time. My handle has always been web girl.
Speaker 1: Morgan.
Speaker 3: It's never been like Morgan number two. But it was like at the top of it said Morgan number two, and I did take that off.
Speaker 1: But you should look at that as a oh, you're a b C like Morgan number two, like you knew me from way back then.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: Oh you're a newer person that just just finally got to know who I was.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: It's og listeners. It's so fun like when they run up and they say it, but every time it still kind of catches me a little off that and I'm like, yeah, I'm number two, and then I always have to explain who I'm with, why they're calling me number two?
Speaker 1: Oh try having kids and every kid going like who's that?
Speaker 3: Who are these people?
Speaker 2: Talk?
Speaker 3: They know you Dad? That your friends?
Speaker 1: Oh dad, who is that? I just met them? Guys, I don't know. Okay, we have Henry.
Speaker 3: We have lots to talk about besides our name. Okay, So here's a bit breakdown this week. We're not going to dive into these. You can check them out on part two if you want to catch up. On the show. This week, well, everybody talked about their Valentine's Day situation, which I am going to get a little update from Eddie here a bit about his Valentine. Amy's friend had a situation where she accidentally received one of her coworker's paychecks, and okay, there's a lot there that breaks down and we talk about it. I brought something to the show with the little dating situation I have going on the five date dilemma, and we talked about what I should do, and Bobby like shared his thoughts on the whole. Travis Kelsey viral video of him smashing into Andy Reid and kind of yelling in his face. I don't know if I should say smashing.
Speaker 1: We're like bumping chess book, Yes, startling.
Speaker 3: To him, but yeah, Bobby shared his thoughts on that. He also shared his thoughts on Beyonce going country. She's dropping a country album. And Ian Munsick was on our show, which was super awesome. We talked about cal Poop with him, I know, real interesting. And then Abby she had our guitar recital. After months and months of practice and learning the guitar, she showed us what she has. So that's what's happening on the Best s. Yeah, we've had a crazy week these last few weeks. Honestly, like twenty twenty four is going strong. Okay, we got to dive into other fun stuff though, yes you ready ready? What is an account on social media that never fails to make you smile? Mike. There's a lot of things you can follow on social media and like it makes you happier, you like, but like, what's one that you can always count on when it pops up in your feed, you smile.
Speaker 1: I don't know the name of it, but it's I want to say it was like black Tiger White Jaguar or something.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me like black Tiger White Jaguar Instagram or something like that. Okay, And what's it? Like? What's it about?
Speaker 1: He? The guy is a animal, Like he owns an animal refugee.
Speaker 3: Where like guys seven point nine million followers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so sometimes he gets a little political and that's kind of weird, but like it's very rare where he like posts something like that because he does have a lot of followers. It's always cool like animals that he posts, like cats and sometimes just like pigs and weird animals that I've never seen before. But anytime an animal pop up, I love it.
Speaker 3: He does his lots at like a jaguarre. Yeah, you mentioned elephant, lions, tigers.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I love animals. I love animals, and like recently, I think I saw one that was I don't even know if it was his page, but since I do follow him a lot, Instagram kind of just feeds me a lot of other animals. Yeah, because he is the only one I follow that has animals, like intentionally, yes, yes, but I like that they keep feeding animals. I saw one of like three polar bears like in the wild.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh my gosh, did you this is kind of a fun fact. Did you know about polar bears that I think Lunchbox might have shared it before. I don't remember. He says too many poop things that I had found it out.
Speaker 1: They all blend together.
Speaker 3: But this is a poop. When polar bears poop, they yell, like actually yell.
Speaker 1: I don't know that's true, but I saw that funny. Yeah, sorry, Oh there's Thomas pooping again. How do you know he's yelling?
Speaker 3: Listen to you could be in the in the I don't know if it's called the woods in Antarctica.
Speaker 1: It's not the woods.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like you can be on an iceberg and yell, and you're probably like, what is that?
Speaker 1: It's a polar bear, I know, And they're so cute, like polar bears are, so they'll probably murder you to death.
Speaker 3: Yeah if hey, if it's the whole saying, if not friend shape? If if not friend? Why friend shaped?
Speaker 1: If not friend?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Like, why do they look like they're friends? All bears are so cute, right, and they'll rip your face right off. Well, okay, you know what, yes, that's one too. But but I was at the zoo the other day, like a couple weeks ago, the zoo. I love the zoo. I don't like the zoo. I hate that that the animals have to be at the zoo. But if they're at the zoo and there's no.
Speaker 3: Choice, you're contributing into it.
Speaker 2: Eddie.
Speaker 3: You have to stop going for them to someday not be at the zoo.
Speaker 1: Well, you true, But I don't think that they bring in I don't know. I have no idea if they bring animals just to make money, like they might be saving the animal. I don't know. I really don't know. But I was up up close and personal to a hippo. Okay, the cutest animals ever, they are.
Speaker 3: Really cute, like a little baby and they oh, okay, he was so big a baby hippo. They're so cute.
Speaker 1: I just love it. It's like it's just like there they have big old cheeks and big old you know, and then the tiny little ears.
Speaker 3: You want to talk about something that could kill you? Hippo?
Speaker 1: Okay? And then he yawned and I was like what the As soon as he yawned and went rack, I was like, whoa, that's the biggest teeth that ever seen in my life. And he looks mean and he looks angry. I'm out of here.
Speaker 3: There's a there's a place in Wichita. If you do ever go to Wichita again for something, you need to go to Tanganika. That's the one place I will go.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 3: Their purpose is to breed like extinct or almost extinct, or like helping say, like save species that are going and they're like a breeding facility essentially. And there they have a hippo and they feed the.
Speaker 1: Hippo and you can feed they Oh.
Speaker 3: You can feed it too. You throw a pumpkin in their mouth and they'll smash the whole thing. That's amazing or watermelon or whatever. Yeah, like things that you it would take you, like, you know, minutes to cut up a watermelon the squash it. Yeah, so when you go you need to go feed the hippo. So that's in which to yeah, okay taking it well like right outside of which shop. Yeah you would like it. Okay. This is a good guy. Black jag Jaguar, white tiger, kind of weird.
Speaker 1: Name something like that. I think I mixed those up.
Speaker 3: But he does have a He does have seven point nine million followers.
Speaker 1: He has a lot of followers, which that's what I'm saying, Like he has so many followers, and I've been following him for like I don't know, six years or something, but it was all animals, and then all of a sudden he realized he had followers. So he started doing like some political stuff, and.
Speaker 3: He like all of a sudden realized he has seven point nine follow.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, He's like, oh, people will listen to me, like I have an audience. So I don't like that part, so don't follow.
Speaker 3: Him, but just maybe look at some of the animals.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: The one that I do I follow all the time, and it always pops up on Twitter is we rate dogs. Oh, oh my gosh, idiot's so cute.
Speaker 1: See all kinds of dogs.
Speaker 3: It's all dogs, and they rate them like let me read you some of them because they'll make morsons. But it's kind of like what you're talking about. I mean, I have so many animal stuff in my feet, but this one is always like always happy, You'll always feel good. It's never there's no political like, yeah, follow it, but like they'll they'll post a picture of something. They'll say, this is Wiley. He has a heart on his nose. Fourteen out of ten. Would protect it all costs, Like they rape them so cute, and it's always like good ratings because they're dogs, right, Like, yeah, here's another one. It's a dog and a baby playing. The baby's laughing, but and the dog is like kind of chewing on the baby's toes, and they go, this is auto. He has a lot of squeaky toys, but this one is his favorite. Thirteen out of ten.
Speaker 1: That's so cool, Like they rate them and their.
Speaker 3: Their pictures or videos or whatever. It's so cute on Twitter or it's X And honestly, it's the only reason I like being on X. Because X, I don't dumpster fires.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. It's crazy. I don't go over there anymore.
Speaker 3: No, but this is the one reason I do. They have like nine million followers.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a lot.
Speaker 3: So good.
Speaker 1: That's really cool.
Speaker 3: So that's a favorite.
Speaker 1: And you love dogs, of course I do.
Speaker 3: I did love all animals. Yes, okay, let's talk TV shows. Have you watched anything you want to recommend?
Speaker 1: I just finished Fargo?
Speaker 3: Okay, you watch all of this?
Speaker 1: No, just season five?
Speaker 3: Okay, please tell me. I think I missed this in the conversation about Fargo. Why did you start watching season five the others?
Speaker 1: Because the only reason I started to was because Bobby said, watch season five, and.
Speaker 3: It's not if you weren't, Like, Okay, watched too.
Speaker 1: No, I did, but he said they don't go together. So like they're all in they're all independent stories, not even same characters. It's almost like when you watch like unsolved mysteries, like one episode is one.
Speaker 3: Story another they call it an anthology series.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so like the actors all in season five are not in season four, they're not in season two, they're not in any of them, and they're all different stories. So I will be watching more. But season five was pretty badass, like it was awesome and Hulu FX, I think, but that's how I watch it on Hulu because FX is a part of it. You can get effects on Hulu. But I will say it does it does get like there's parts that threw me off.
Speaker 3: Like in a way where it's like gruesome or throw you off, like just kind of three for a loop.
Speaker 1: There are good I mean, it's it's murder. It's like it's crime.
Speaker 3: It's a crime show. Like it does get a little gruesome.
Speaker 1: So there are parts were just like, oh, I can do without that or whatever. But no, there's just everything is like normal and then something's just it's just then it turns weird, like not normal, not earthy, not like in this life.
Speaker 3: So kind of sci fi a little bit, which.
Speaker 1: I didn't expect because the movie Fargo is like it's a story.
Speaker 3: It does say you can watch the TV shows without the movie too. I didn't realize there was also a movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's an old movie that won like a bunch of Academy Awards like back in the nineties, nineteen ninety six that's really really, really good.
Speaker 3: It has will You Macy. That's the only one that I.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And the girl, the girl Francis mcdor these are there.
Speaker 1: Action Francis McDermott and she's so good now one like so good and it's all like it's the same thing. What I like about it's kind of the same is because they all have that accent that Minnesota. Oh it's in the north, yes, yeah, yeah, I like that, and Fargo, North Dakota, which is like, yeah, it's all like up there. Manage to watch the.
Speaker 3: Whole season of the show. And I've been telling you for years to watch me and the Larean.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, Eddie, yeah yeah. You know what though my TV the Disney Plus, like I can't log in on my TV, so I have to watch it like in the living room, and like the kids always want they want to hijack the living room TV always.
Speaker 3: They don't have TVs in their rooms, I assume.
Speaker 1: Not in their rooms, but they have one in kind of like their common area.
Speaker 3: Like all they have a little common area. It's like the dorms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like that. It's like so like all their rooms are there and then there's a little common area which all they do is wrestle and there's a TV in there, and so they can watch there or the living room and then my bedroom and so when that's where I watch all my stepf in my bedroom, like all right, time to go to bed, everybody go to.
Speaker 3: Bed, have to go to bed. Or sometimes you just go way in your room and watch TV.
Speaker 1: Like when if I get home, like before the boys get home from school, Like I'll watch in your room the living room. No, well that's a good that's a good question. Like sometimes it's the living room, but I like laying in my bed and watching like TV.
Speaker 3: Take a nap.
Speaker 1: It's a vibe.
Speaker 3: Fair enough. Yeah, okay, all right, So Fargo, do you have any others that you've watched her movies or anything?
Speaker 1: What else did I watch recently? I watched? Uh oh, did I tell you about watching Gosh Him and Her? No? She she her her she she hulk. No no, no, no, it's a movie with Natalie Portman. No, Natal, yes, Natalie Portman.
Speaker 3: And I'm not seeing that one on her the let make your book it.
Speaker 1: What's the latest on hers?
Speaker 3: It was like it was recent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not seeing anything real it is Natalie Portman, right, yeah, it's Notie Portman.
Speaker 3: I but she's also been in a lot, so hold on, I'm stillial.
Speaker 1: On, dude, Natalie Portman, he's shirt. That's it hesher?
Speaker 3: No, it's it's he like h E s h e R.
Speaker 1: He's her.
Speaker 3: He's her?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it.
Speaker 3: Looks like it's it's one word and they're pronounced like hesher. Who else is in that two ten is when it came out thriller comedy, You're on a thriller kick, Joseph Gordon love it, No, that's not it, and Devin broke But I don't know how to Rain Wilson.
Speaker 1: No, that's not it. That's not do another one.
Speaker 3: How did you? I'm sorry? How did you even come to this?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: I'm like, this is a real thing.
Speaker 1: It's on Netflix. It's on Netflix, and it's like it was like one of the top ten's. I think it's Netflix. Come on, hit me, give me something nothing? Yeah, he December, May December?
Speaker 3: Is that it?
Speaker 1: That's it? May December? That's it?
Speaker 3: One? Okay, that's a it's a wrong comm It looks like no, this is on Netflix as of last year, not a.
Speaker 1: Wrong com What is it?
Speaker 3: Are you sure it's Nally Portman?
Speaker 1: I don't know now, who's the other girl? Looks like Kieraniy Kieran Eiley. Maybe it kind of looks like her. No, it's not Portman. I swear it's Natalie Portman.
Speaker 3: Okay, what is it about?
Speaker 1: Okay? So, okay, so I don't know. I don't know Morgan. Okay, So it's about it's about this this woman who dated a she was married, had kids, and she cheated on her husband with a fifteen year old.
Speaker 3: Okay, and they keep talking.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna google the fifteen year old. And they fell in love and she divorced her husband and married him.
Speaker 3: Fatal seduction.
Speaker 1: No, no, here's why. No, Nottalie Portman.
Speaker 3: Is Oh my god, those where you like drummed it up.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, like weird, what if this isn't even real?
Speaker 3: It is made a simber.
Speaker 1: It's made a simber.
Speaker 2: Is not a wrong?
Speaker 3: Well, it showed up as romance comedy as the category.
Speaker 1: No, don't ever go into this movie thinking it's a wrong.
Speaker 3: Com But and then as you go into the description it says dark dynamics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very dark. Okay, this chick left her family for a fifteen year old kid. Yeah, it's very dark, that's funny. And then Natalie Portman is a Hollywood actress who's playing her in a movie, and so she comes and spends like a month with them, okay, to kind of learn her character, and she is weird.
Speaker 3: So is it based on her story?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe to say that, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm getting brief reads as I'm hearing how you'd depict.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry, but it is.
Speaker 3: It's a drama. It's classified as a drama and comedy and romance.
Speaker 1: There's nothing funny about it, like, absolutely nothing funny. See, we've talked about this.
Speaker 3: We will have some dark humor.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no no no no no that they're they're left up because it's not even funny, Like, there's nothing funny about it. Not once that I laugh watching this.
Speaker 3: Show, really, not a single time.
Speaker 1: No, there's nothing funny about it. It's actually very dark and sad.
Speaker 3: Okay, So maybe is more of a romance drama.
Speaker 1: There's nothing romantic about it, like they're not even But.
Speaker 3: Technically it is about love. Yeah, but technically I'm not saying it's okay technically about love anyway, Okay, well, what did you rate that one?
Speaker 1: It was just so weird. I'd go right down the middle because I watched the whole thing. I'm like, this is so crazy. I want to watch more. But it was just weird.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of like watching a train wreck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll give it a th I'll give it a solid three three.
Speaker 3: What's the rating.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give it three butterflies because that's where I got my idea about my butterflies.
Speaker 3: So you watch this, Yeah, it was twisted, But after you go, I'm going to breathe some butterflies.
Speaker 1: Because the kid or the kid to fifteen. He's older now, but he was fifteen years old when they met. Later on in like current day or whatever, that's what he collects butterflies or he raises butterflies. And I was like, that's kind of cool. So I'm trying to raise butterflies.
Speaker 3: Too, all because of May December as you recalled it.
Speaker 1: He sure, No, there's actually a movie one with Natalie Portman's even weirder.
Speaker 3: Maybe I popped up after you finished watching. It's like you might like, maybe there has to be Oh that's a.
Speaker 1: Weird I'm sorry. I'm sorry I took you guys through all that that was a journey.
Speaker 3: Uh Fargo season five? What do you rate it? Uh?
Speaker 1: Fargo season five? Oh man, it gets really good. I'm going to give it four. I'll give it four and a half. Four and a half.
Speaker 3: These are out of five, by the way, guys.
Speaker 1: Four and a half. Sheriff Badges love it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I have I have one for you to watch that I do think you would like.
Speaker 1: Come on.
Speaker 3: It is romance is it's real dark and you're really a comedy there. There's laughing moments, but it doesn't give me rom com vibes. It's more of a love story, but just on a wild journey of emotions. It's called One Day, One Day. No, it's not an American nightmare a love story. No, it's one Day on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Okay, one Day.
Speaker 3: And it's a limited series, so it's just there's only twelve episodes.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait, what's it's about?
Speaker 3: These two who get connected in college and then like you watch their journey of life of knowing each other and what happens, what transpires. It's crazy, Like it's literally just like watching two people who met at one point in time and they somehow stay intertwined through the remainder of their lives.
Speaker 1: One day. Yeah, it sounds really good. It's really it sounds really good, and it sounds something i'd like to watch with my wife.
Speaker 3: I think you guys would both love it. Like it. I will say, though, like I always give, I always tell people this when because I like to know if I might be a little bit emotional watching it, Like I did go on a journey of emotions. Oh, and I'm not going to tell you what kind, but I did go on like a journey. I'm not going to show it because I feel like that might be but I did go on like a journey of a different thing. It wrecked me in a lot of ways.
Speaker 1: All Right, one day this is good, and one day I want to watch that.
Speaker 3: Yes, I hope you do it.
Speaker 1: I want to watch the Mandalorian.
Speaker 3: Okay, well just watch both of them. All Right, We're going to take a quick break and then we're going to dive back. All right. So with the we're obviously in the new year, we're in February. But I do feel like everybody always has something they want to accomplish, Like the new year starts and you're like, dang, I really want to accomplish this in twenty twenty four. Do you have something like that.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't really plan on doing this, but about three weeks ago, uh, I just kind of like decided to clean my my gut out.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I just like I was like, you know what, I need to do this because I used to do it once a year.
Speaker 3: Like you just spent a bunch of water and then helping you pee it.
Speaker 1: All out or like no, no, it's more of like just change your diet for like a month, okay, like just strict diet. No gluten, no, no dairy, no carbs really no. Like you can do like certain grains, but no carbs and no sugar one zero sugar.
Speaker 3: So you're kind of doing like the diet version of seventy five hard.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 3: Have you never heard of seventy five hard?
Speaker 1: Uh huh?
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, it's basically like you change your diet. You have to to do so many exercises a day, you have to like read something. It's like this whole like basically resetting your life. So you do all these healthy things. Yeah, but it's like full encompassing, not just the diet it's all of it.
Speaker 1: It's all water, water and tea and so like.
Speaker 3: No alcohol for you, no alcohol, all the all.
Speaker 1: The no pizza. That's the hardest one. For sure.
Speaker 3: You can make caza.
Speaker 1: No no, Morgan. Let me tell you what I did. Oh my gosh, So last Friday, everyone's gonna everyone's having pizza, right, like, yeah, we have pizza, pizza. My guess this is so hard for me, Like Fridays are my pizza day and then we order a lot of pizza. So then Saturday becomes my pizza day too, Like this has been my whole life, Like I love pizza and a Friday, every Friday and Saturday I ate pizza. And so I was like, you know what, I got this. I'm going to go to the grocery store. I'm gonna go find dairy free cheese. I'm gonna go find this, you know, cauliflower crust with no you know, certain the grains like I can have or whatever. And then I'm going to do and I want to find marin airsauce and like we're gonna do this. And so I did it. I found it, found my own pizza. Found everything was great and I made it and it was the most disgusting thing I'd ever tasted in my life, Like it actually made me want to throw up. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing, as somebody who has dabbled with going vegan.
Speaker 1: Fake cheese don't do it.
Speaker 3: No, but there's a certain kind that you can buy that is decent. And I'm a guess you didn't buy.
Speaker 1: The right kind. What is it? I'll tell you what I bought.
Speaker 3: There is one that's good that there's one that I've tried and one that I want to try. So if you got a daya, that's the one I don't. That's what I don't like.
Speaker 1: No on deaya.
Speaker 3: There's one called literally just use that as your your guy. I'm pretty sure it's called like voya or something that one has is good. It's not, it's not. It's still not.
Speaker 1: Really why does daa taste like throw up?
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. There's there is also a company not make like not like the yogurt company Okenos or whatever you can't remember, but like free, like Mikonos. There's a brand of Mikonos vegan that they make everything out of cashews.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 3: So that is a good brand.
Speaker 1: No, mine was cashew. Wait, was it cashew cheese. Cashew cheese.
Speaker 3: Some of them are, but some of them just aren't done well. Okay, Like it's definitely it's definitely an art to like make cheese out of cashi.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know, I just like thank you. But I think I need to stop doing this because like I've tried to make like oh, I find these recipes like a coffee like coffee cake, but it's all like gluten free, vegan, no wheat, no soy and no like whatever, and I eat it. It's like hard as a rock. I'm like, this is not good at all.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, it's a science to find ways to do things without gluten and without dairy. I can I've figured out the science behind without gluten. Okay, without dairy. It has been hard. I have substituted most things, like almond milk, but I still eat like shredded cheese. Shredded cheese is the one that I haven't in it. What do you mean, like drinking almond milk, like just for cereal for making pasta, I use almond milk. Yeah, I don't see.
Speaker 1: Milk doesn't really taste like anything I know.
Speaker 3: So it's it's an easy subs, So that's.
Speaker 1: Easy and so like, but when the cheese tastes like complete.
Speaker 3: Crap, yeah, I know that's what I'm saying, you can't do it. But those two, those two brands have there, they've started getting there. Okay, so we're in the process. I don't know if we're quite there yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I want to do pizza.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not doing that anymore. And the alcohol has been easy because like my wife's kind of doing it with me. So as long as like everyone's not drinking around me, it's a little it's easier.
Speaker 3: Just like when everybody eats pizza around you, you're.
Speaker 1: Like testing smart and man Morgan, one day we had pizza. We went to an ice cream shop and then everyone bought candy afterwards. Oh no, no, no, no no, and then yeah, and then everyone bought candy and then we had popcorn. They all put Eminem's in their popcorn, allporms and m and m oh yeah. We did too, all in one day. And I'm just like, guys, you want to killing me and you had nune zero.
Speaker 3: I'm proud of you. Though. That's progress.
Speaker 1: It is progress.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 3: The thing that I've learned if anything is that everything is good in moderation, and if you can find about for you where maybe it's Friday is your day. You get to have your pizza.
Speaker 1: Friday, we have too much and then I have to eat it Saturday. Okay, well you havetimes a Sunday.
Speaker 3: You learn self control in this scenario to not have anything they were having. So now you say, you know what, I can only have this amount on Friday, and that's my pizza for the week, and that's it and then the rest of it you are. Like for me, my balance has been every time I eat at home, it has to be gluten free, it has to be fresh ingredients. If I'm eating out, I give myself grace. It's it's much harder, and like, I also still want to be able to have the things that I enjoy. I don't want to be like destroyed. I don't want my body to feel like crap, but I still want to be able to enjoy them on some level. So that's that's what worked for me. Is like at home, I'm eating gluten free, I'm eating really fresh, I'm trying to be really healthy. And then when I go out to eat, which is not very often, maybe once a week. Maybe it's like okay, I can I can eat whatever, or like once a week I'll give myself like a little treat, you know what I mean. So like that was my balance. You got to find out, like what your balance is, because I'm telling you zero at one hundred sucks.
Speaker 1: It does. But I'm actually pretty good at at What helps me is meal prep great, like if it's done and if it's in the fridge and all have to do is heat it up, Like that's where I like, I'll live now.
Speaker 3: Get tired of meals because like I can only do that for like a week. I'm like, dang, I'm already tired of these.
Speaker 1: No, I have to well, yes, it's it's so hard, but I have to tell my my my head like it's just food. Yeah, like stop living for food because I live for Fridays.
Speaker 3: Oh like what else?
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: Listen, we only get to live for a certain amount of things.
Speaker 1: No, I get it, but I think that my stomach needs to be better.
Speaker 3: That's fair. You do have your condition, yes, which is not be confused with mine. Your's vertigo and okay, and middle lego does what.
Speaker 1: It's so it stains like your skin your skin goes to like it just kills all the pigment in certain areas. Have you ever seen people like with their hands and you see like half white? That's what it is.
Speaker 3: So do you have like a really mild version of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, if I don't control my diet gets worse. Like you can see if I got like a marker and marked where it started like you, you'd freak you out because it was like a little dot and now it's like and now it's.
Speaker 3: Just kind of two likes his chin right now?
Speaker 1: Is that a little bit?
Speaker 3: I genuinely just thought that was the different colors of your beard.
Speaker 1: No. No, And it stains the hair color too that it comes out, so then it's wie. You ever see people with like a white patch on their head, Like that's what it is. Wow, it bleaches them.
Speaker 3: So what is it specifically you can't eat or is it just in general you got to stay away from like preservatives and stuff.
Speaker 1: They call it like a candid to diet, And so it's a whole list. I don't know, it's all there's really like you can do all veggies for the most part, low starch veggies like no sweet potatoes, no potatoes, no carro the best veggies, I agree, but if it's green, you can eat it basically Okay, well yeah, spinach whatever, like all that stuff. Yeah, and then the dairy you can really only have yogurt that's a non dairy yogurt. And then the like the grains and stuff it's only like quene wa and like buckwheat or something.
Speaker 3: Dang. I mean that's like, I mean, that's changing. That's not just changing your diet, that's changing the way that food works in general.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't eat out. The only way I eat out is like like we went like to shake Shack the other day and I just got like a burger and I was like, just don't give me the buns, just like give me the meat. No, friend, they're like fries. I'm like, don't, don't even ease.
Speaker 3: I do hope for you though, that this year you can at least find a balance for you that works.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because what I read is I can slowly go back to normal, but like I have to do this for a month maybe two months, because like you'll just kind of see symptoms like getting better or whatever. But after that you can slowly introduce like you said, pizza on Friday and then that's it, and then the next week maybe like a glass of one.
Speaker 3: You're doing an elimination diet essentially.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So anyway, I didn't mean to do this, but it just kind of came up and I was like, you know what, let's just do it, okay, And so I'm probably week three into it now.
Speaker 3: Hey you're going strong. Also made it to a.
Speaker 1: Month, oh close. But it mess It messes with you, like even like mentally kind of moody all day.
Speaker 3: You have been snappulately I have.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's okay, it's my diet.
Speaker 3: But I just listen, I'm not ever judging of that. Everybody's got.
Speaker 1: It's just weird when like something like that controls your mood. It's just why, how does that even work?
Speaker 3: But it should. It should eventually make you feel better.
Speaker 1: It should, So that's the whole point.
Speaker 3: You just have to get through it. Though it is like you're it's like an addiction, you know, especially to sugar and preservatives are meant to make you eat them.
Speaker 1: Everything I eat is sugar and preservatives. Everything.
Speaker 3: Well, you got family, it's really hard to eat. Well that's healthy as a family, that's the hard.
Speaker 1: Thing too, I tell my wife, and like, when we get all this stuff out, just like we can't like make them suffer for our mistakes.
Speaker 3: No, but but it could still be like a whole family effort to just be a little bit healthier. Yeah, yeah, okay, slow slowly, Yes, you gotta make baby steps.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, and one step at a time, one step at a time, well as.
Speaker 3: New Yor's are signed yours. But I want to I want to learn sign language.
Speaker 1: Oh that's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I have a friend whose parents are deaf, and we were doing a like a bridal like dress fitting, and she was her mom was with us, and I felt really bad that I couldn't really communicate with her like we kind of just had. She had to read our lips essentially, And I just I think about all the people who have sign like have to use sign language, and they just have to like adapt to all of us who don't learn their way, And so I hope that maybe I can at least just learn a few phrases. She did start teaching me my name, so I was starting to learn letters. Are you doing sitting there?
Speaker 1: Are you doing well with it?
Speaker 3: It's hard, Like it's hard to remember because I don't do it enough repetitively, right, So I need to work on memories. Like I know m's and o's and rs, like I know the start of my name.
Speaker 1: But so you have to spell your name. Huh, you can't just there's an assign for Morgan.
Speaker 3: No, there's not, because, like think about it, there'd have to be so many signs for.
Speaker 1: Like all the names, but there are like billions of words.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you have to you have to spell your name. But then they have phrases and they have words and and different things. So I want to at least I want to at least learn my full name like Morgan, and then I want to learn ten phrases so at least I can communicate generically.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Yeah, I think that's really really cool because I know one thinks about that.
Speaker 3: No, but like I would have never even thought about that if I wasn't in in. My friend like it is really well versed in Siland when she signs for her mom. We went out to lunch and she was being the translator.
Speaker 1: And both of her parents are deaf.
Speaker 3: Yep, they're born deaf. Wow, So and she's she's losing hearing in one ear, so like I also want to lask for her. Yeah wow, so yeah crazy.
Speaker 1: That's really crazy. Good luck to you. Like that's really cool. So how how much time a week do you spend on this?
Speaker 3: I haven't yet. It's been on my list of things that I would like to do, So I just got to I got to make the time to start learning this.
Speaker 1: That's going to be awesome.
Speaker 3: Her wedding is in September, so I'll get to see your parents then, So I want to have it learned at least. Yes, So that's the goal. Okay, Valentine's Day, Valentine's Day, we're going to talk about it here. Okay, Okay, we're gonna take a quick break and come right back.
Speaker 1: All right, what happened Valentine's Day hasn't happened yet. We're gonna we're gonna do it this week because because like it's really so with our life. Finding a babysitter is so difficult because we have four kids. It's like babysitters they're all sweet and they're great, and they they're like, I know, they love us and they want to help us. But four boys is a lot. Because every time we come home, We're like, how did it go? And they're always just like great, and they look exhausted and they just walk out the door like it's never like they did really well, like we had fun with No. No, they're just like cool, great, thank you, we'll talk to you later.
Speaker 3: That's why you need you and your wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the four boys is a lot, and so it's really hard to find babysitters. So Valentine's Day usually what we do is we spend it when the kids are in school, so, you know, like they're in school, we've got about four hours that we have roughly to do something. So my plan was to go to this Bob Marley movie One Love. She likes Bob Marley. I love Bob Marley. It'd been great and then so something with work came up. She's like, oh my gosh, I have two work calls during that time and we can't do it. She's like, would you rather do it like over the weekend or would you rather just do it like again during the day next week? Yeah, And I said the weekend. Again. We're in the same predictament where we have to call a babysitter, and so we're like, all right, let's just do it next Thursday. So Thursday is our Valentine's Day.
Speaker 3: You made your own Valentine, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Which I should have saved on, Like lunch Box says, I should have saved on the roses.
Speaker 3: Yes, but because you didn't get to celebrate on the day, you had to do something to still make it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah yeah yeah, Like I still picked up lunch and like all that, and we did all that and I got our roses and stuff.
Speaker 3: But see, like you did still have to do it. I get wanting to say it, but like because I would say, like you probably could have if you guys did have something happening, but since you didn't, you had, you know, the roses had to be the compensation.
Speaker 1: But roses are expensive, man, And I'm like, no, they used to be like twenty bucks. Well okay, they're like twenty bucks.
Speaker 3: It's like I don't feel like that's changed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, it's just twenty bucks for flowers. To me, is like that's so much money.
Speaker 3: It is because they do die.
Speaker 1: For like God's flowers, but you do.
Speaker 3: You do them once a year, right, you're right, right, right? But you ever buy her sweet treats to like little chocolates.
Speaker 1: Or anything I do, but she never ate them because she's like, oh no, I can't, I'm not eating that right now. Like it's just always that like, oh thank you, I love these, but I'm not eating these right now.
Speaker 3: Chocolate.
Speaker 1: So now I'm like, I'm not getting your chocolates anymore. But we do load up chocolates for the kids.
Speaker 3: Okay, So do you guys make them little baskets?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So my wife bought like these Bento boxes and they're pretty cute, and I have little compartments in them, and they all have it.
Speaker 3: They look like a little fish box, like a fishing box.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, like a tackle box, like if you took the inside of a tackle box out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like not the whole box, but it's like the little back middle compartments.
Speaker 1: And so you'll have like jelly beans in one, you have little chocolate hearts in the other. And then and then we put them on the table on our dinner table, and then we spread like all those little message hearts. Oh yeah, are the ones that say be mine and like you're sweet classic. Yeah, Like we spread those all over and so throughout the day they just kind of like walk by and eat candy, oh, which which it is a lot of candy that we buy, like because like think about it, like Halloween a lot of a lot of candy, Christmas lots of candy, and then now Valentine's Day, lots of candy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But like let me tell you, I my parents always made stuff for me on Valentine's Day growing up, and I loved it and it made me love holidays in general. Like they just always treated like between Christmas and Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day, like it was always a treat. Like I always felt very loved. Yeah, and so like they remember that it made me too, like so much candy.
Speaker 1: Like dang, it's a lot of candy.
Speaker 3: Like they remember that. They'll they'll have that on You're right, So like even if it is candy, just remember that. Like they're thinking of that, not right now in this moment. They're like, Oh, that's cool candy. But I promise they'll look back and be like that was really awesome.
Speaker 1: Does your did your dad send you anything or does that happen?
Speaker 3: They used to send me flowers like every year anymore? No, they do. Sometimes it's not like it's just more that like Valentine's kind of comes and goes now about it. Yeah, so, but sometimes they do when they when they remember and stuff, and it's really sweet. But like it was just always cute, like getting you know, stuff from my parents.
Speaker 1: I know, it is really cool.
Speaker 3: I love that you guys do that. Keep doing it.
Speaker 1: Thank you. We will.
Speaker 3: Maybe you could even get on like something else, like a different gift. Maybe you can start trading in the candy out a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I don't really know, but.
Speaker 3: Maybe like a little game is there like little games? Sure, Toma, gotcha.
Speaker 1: You find something? Yeah, that's perfect.
Speaker 3: Okay I did. I didn't do anything super crazy. I you know, I just spin it by myself. I watched some of my favorite rom coms. Oh I watch how this Guy in Ten Days?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good one, matthe McConaughey, Yeah.
Speaker 3: This means war.
Speaker 1: Oh that one.
Speaker 3: It's so good. It's it's with Tom Hardy, Reese Witherspoon, and Chris Pine. Okay, great underrated rom com.
Speaker 1: Wait is that where like is he a baseball player? Is one of them a baseball player?
Speaker 3: No? I know what you're talking about, but know that one they are both like undercover Cia.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, and.
Speaker 3: Stuff comes out. But then and then I watched was the other one? I think Alabama that's my favorite one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I made.
Speaker 3: I made some noodles and I bought myself some some flowers.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, I love yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a great day.
Speaker 1: You're your own Valentine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta beat you know. Yeah, I really have a choice, but like I did, so it was good. I did actually too. When I was dealing with all of Vertigo stuff pretty bad. I had ordered cookies on Uber Eats Eddy and I was like, because that's just I was not eating.
Speaker 1: Do you want a cookies?
Speaker 3: I ordered twelve right free, just for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They showed up at the house.
Speaker 1: There's twenty four and I was like, oh, even better.
Speaker 3: I didn't do that, sure enough I did.
Speaker 1: I played for them and did you eat them?
Speaker 3: All? I did?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 3: I think there's only one left.
Speaker 1: Nice. That's the one. You're like, can't do it. I'm not gonna eat it.
Speaker 3: Like no, I can't eat every single one of these greokies.
Speaker 1: That cookie's looking at you, like, come.
Speaker 3: On, so they are? They are there. But my neighbors did bring me soup, so I did. I think I gave them three cookies. Of that, I was like, take some cookies. I actually don't need all these, like trade off, I'm gonna go better. So yeah, that was my accidental cookie delivery too.
Speaker 1: Yeah are you sure sure it was accidental?
Speaker 3: It really was, And I really didn't need all those cookies. Okay, we're gonna end on something fun. So in order of Valentine's a happening this week, there was a company called Finance Buzz and they were wanting to pay someone to listen to like twenty four hours breakup music to be like, what are the best songs in Eddie?
Speaker 1: Twenty four hours? That's a long time.
Speaker 3: It is a listen I'll listened to more than twenty four hours, Like I am a.
Speaker 1: Pro breakup songs?
Speaker 3: Yes, Do I know how to put together playlis that will make you get over someone? I do.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 3: But since we can't play the song, Okay, grab your guitar and I'm going to tell you the title, like who sings it and the title, and I just want you to kind of like think of how you the song?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, okay, but I might know the song though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you know the song, then you can try to play.
Speaker 1: It, okay, but if you don't.
Speaker 3: You make it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on good are you ready? Okay?
Speaker 3: The first one is Avril Levine.
Speaker 1: Yes, love sucks. Love sucks so much. I hate you and you ruined.
Speaker 2: It all for me.
Speaker 3: Pretty solid.
Speaker 1: Love sucks. You don't like that close? No, no, no.
Speaker 3: But I did like it like I like her and her boy.
Speaker 1: You broke my heart and now love sucks.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say you needed your alternative voice. I know, I know, Okay. Taylor Swift, Yes, better Man, better Man. You have to know that song a little big tone. It's Taylor Swift's Originally.
Speaker 1: She sang that one.
Speaker 3: Better Man, but it's a little big Town also.
Speaker 1: Recorded it first better Man.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: All Island know is she dreams in color, She dreams memes in red cam fine the better Man.
Speaker 3: Okay. I don't think that's right. But I don't think that's right. That's probably okay, Leah, Leah Kate.
Speaker 1: Ten things I hate about you? O, these are ten things I hate about you. Number one, you're ugly.
Speaker 3: There you go, I mean not not right, but like not far?
Speaker 1: Do you know that?
Speaker 3: One? No?
Speaker 1: Is that a real are you saying no, no, no, do you know the Leah Kate one?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I do. Okay, but it's not like ten Things I Hate about You in the movies.
Speaker 1: Oh it's not Matthew McConaughey.
Speaker 3: No, like it's like ten year selfish, nine year jaded, eight the dumbest guy I dated seven time? A big game tell Ornick.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then it goes on. That's hound good, but it's really fast like superfest on. Okay, hate my heart, carry Underwood, hate my heart A.
Speaker 2: I hate.
Speaker 1: My heart because you broke it.
Speaker 3: I hate my heart trying to get up there like carry does because you broke it. That's great, thank you? Also not right great.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard any of these songs.
Speaker 3: I figured you would like none of them. Okay, could have been me by the strut.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, girl, you broke their heart and I got out of there just in time. It could have been me. It could have been me, but I got lucky. It wasn't me.
Speaker 3: Could have been me?
Speaker 1: Okay, could have been me?
Speaker 3: You know? Still and also not very alternative strets. There are the strets, but like this song is more kind of has more rock. Okay, okay, so the alternate voice doesn't really come sing.
Speaker 1: And sing it.
Speaker 3: I want to taste loing pain. I want to feel pride and shame. I don't want to take my time, don't want to waste wine.
Speaker 1: I know that song. Yeah, that's a I do like that song.
Speaker 3: Maybe you're the problem, Max, you've heard this one.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, hold on, Maybe you're the problem. Maybe you're the problem. You think that I'm the problem, But it's you, Ben, Maybe maybe, maybe, maybe maybe you're the problem.
Speaker 3: Is that it's not even a little bit I'm going like alternative.
Speaker 1: I'm stuck in the alternative. Break my heart.
Speaker 3: You gotta get out of your voice.
Speaker 1: Try again, let me check again.
Speaker 3: You want a different one.
Speaker 1: No, no, let me chat again.
Speaker 2: Maybe you the prop it's money.
Speaker 1: Oh you you're the problem. It's me. No, that's not that's Taylor. Okay, dang it, dang it, next one, next one.
Speaker 3: Okay. Could have just left me alone? Oh easy, my Alexa Capelli.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course, not alternative.
Speaker 3: Just give you that hint.
Speaker 2: You could have left me alone.
Speaker 3: Now they're all high, all alone.
Speaker 2: By myself, all alone?
Speaker 3: Like what is this the sad Disney movie?
Speaker 2: You could have left me alone all alone?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, No, no, no, no, no, that sounds.
Speaker 1: Like a breakup song. Maybe that's like you're getting broken up with. Yeah, it was like it's over so well then definitely sad.
Speaker 3: It isn't though, it's like a pop song. Oh what it takes me sick? How you just quit on months by sid when you could have just left me alone?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I think I heard that song. I think I heard that song.
Speaker 3: Some of these are big, like more Okay, don't come back, take me great.
Speaker 1: Easy, don't come back to me, alternative, Oh god, dang it. Okay, okay, okay, hold on, country, No, don't girl, don't even think about coming back. I'm a thumbtack. I'm going to poke your No. No, that's not good. That's not good.
Speaker 3: It's not wherever you were going.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know where I was going.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna get There are two more, and you can I'll give you a country run. One of them is country. It's girl Crazy from Cole Swindell.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, a girl, you're going crazy on me? Get away from me, then you know you're going crazy on me.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, His drinking at the thought of him thinking about another girl save your Psychopath and don't Joe's that Black Dress Book by the Tears Streak, Cover Girl.
Speaker 1: I like how to Cover Girl, of course.
Speaker 3: Okay, last one, this is a slow song. I got it pop Hurtless by Dean Lewis Heartless, hurtless, hurtless.
Speaker 1: So you you were mean to me and you hurt me, but not anymore because I'm hurt less. Yeah, yeah, I'm hurt less. How did it still go altern I don't know. I don't know. I give up. I'm terrible at this game.
Speaker 3: That was great, honestly, like great game. And on a real note, those are all great breakup songs if you just need to like get some stuff out, cry, scream, whatever. It's the mix of all the.
Speaker 1: Emotions and promise. All the songs are better than what I just did.
Speaker 3: There are really good, good songs. Eddie's versions are not on a service you should finds and know most of them are. I think there's only like two that are alternative. Dang, you know it's great.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: That was fun. Okay, we got to go answer some listener question. Oh my god, thanks for thanks for bearing with me, and like just.
Speaker 2: Go for that.
Speaker 3: Like I was just like Mattie, just do this and you did. Okay, we gotta go. We gotta go answer some questions. Listeners, come join us on Part three.
Speaker 1: That's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms and followed web girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.