Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. You can normally hear us Monday through Friday before the Dan Patrick Show six am Eastern time, three o'clock Pacific on Two Pros and a Cup of Joe. But we are in for Dan and Crew yesterday and today as we take you all the way up until noon Eastern time, nine o'clock Pacific. By the way, apparently this was thought to be some breaking news, but the New York Yankees are finally going to allow facial hair for their players for the first time in forty nine years. So congratulations to everybody who can grow a beer the place for the Yankees. You know, I don't have to shave that bad boy. Got of a tradition there in baseball. So that'll wrap up our coverage of Major League Baseball here on this Friday. We do transition over to this which should be a sad tale, especially for you guys. There was a decision that was made and that decision is that, according to the Sports Business Journal, USC and Texas have canceled their spring game this year. Ohio State and Nebraska have done the same, and so it feels like this is another aspect of NIL, the growth of the sport, the change in the sport. But apparently spring games are on borrow time and they're going to be moving away from that great tradition. So there's that do it that one?
Speaker 3: Do you want that one? First?
Speaker 4: It's disappointing in part because here's what's getting lost on everything is we're now making decisions on a sport at it's not an amateur level anymore, but it's at a lower level where there's still a ton of development that goes on. I mean, you've got a son that's now enrolled at Penn State. Imagine what he's going to look like, be like, play like in three or four years.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And what bothers me about this is we're making decisions to take away spring.
Speaker 5: Games for two reasons, all right.
Speaker 4: And we're talking about like top school, blue blood schools, you know, USC, Texas, I think Ohio State. They're all opting instead of having a spring game basically having what the NFL has and having like OTAs. And it's for two reasons. The first is injury related. There's concern about injuries, which I mean, maybe I'm missing something. Has that not always been the concern? Yeah, that's literally always been a reason for concern for every coach in every college football program in the history of college football.
Speaker 5: So that's the first thing.
Speaker 4: The second though, that's most important and probably trumps all of it, is it's the money aspect that's involved with you know, whether a guy's playing and starting, if he's not using the transfer portal to get somewhere else. You know, when I mentioned injuries, there's an element of guys not wanting to do it because they're slated to go in the first round after the next fall. You know, why do they have to be a part of it, which I'm in all honestly, they can just sit out and let some younger guys play. But it's the money aspect of things, because you've got players who are looking at that spring game and being told by their agents, being told by their caretakers, whoever it is that they're you know, this is where you're on the depth chart. If you want to leave, you and go play somewhere else, get paid more. And so now they're looking at these spring games as an indication of that so coaches are fearful about putting out depth charts having guys go out there and play in these spring games because they don't want to lose players potentially to not playing.
Speaker 5: As much in the spring game or or you know, having a poor performance.
Speaker 4: And now all of a sudden, they're not gonna be a guy that's gonna be viewed as a starter going into camp. So they've got this window to transfer. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go jet and go try to find more money elsewhere at a place where I can start and play. So, like I understand in saying all this too, people are gonna say, well, yeah, shouldn't that player have the opportunity to do that if they want? Sure, if that's if that's how you know see this, like if you don't believe in development, if you don't believe in trying to develop, and maybe there's a point in time where you're not ready, and maybe that's what this is. Like there's a bigger story here about life where at times you can get exposed to say like maybe I'm not ready yet, maybe I need more time, Maybe I need more development instead of just going somewhere else because I'm not getting an opportunity here at one of these bigger schools. But that's in essence what you're seeing, and it stinks. It quite honestly stinks. It's a great event. The spring game is a great event for a lot of folks around the university, not just football, but like everyone else, other sports teams, other students, other people around you know, the alumni that come in for it. And so it's disappointing now that's not going to exist the way it once did.
Speaker 3: I'll say I watched the evolution of the spring game from when I played to now, and it is certainly taking on a different a different feel this maybe six years ago. It's like the attendance isn't the same, Like there have been times where they reported some really really great crowds. And I'll just say, in particular specific I've been to several, you know, different schools where I've gone to their spring games in recent years and the game wasn't you know, it wasn't a game anymore. But I would say, more specifically, because I go to Penn State pretty much every year, I watched the evolution of it and it has slowly turned into a glorified practice in front of the public, the fans are able to come out and watch the team practice because it was not They call it the spring game, but it did not come across as a game at all. The punts, the kickoffs, it was controlled, and it was ran just like it was a period in practice. The way the way the game air quotes was ran. It was ran like a practice you blew the whistle did at a certain point. Running backs weren't being taken to the ground, let alone in a pass rusher getting close to the quarterback in passing downs. So to me, it was the spring game has ultimately turned into what would be perceived as a spring practice, a public practice that is held in the main stadium and people are able to come watch and attend, and it's a it's considered to be a preseason or precursor to what the team may look like going into the next season, is how I would look at it. So I don't know that it's based off of the current NIL or transfer portal as to why the game has evolved, but I do think that there are reasons why coaches have evolved what the game has represented, because when I played, it was really a game you had blue versus white, and you came out and it was literally a real game. It was a game who's going to win the game? It was tackling. Now, we weren't able to tackle the quarterback. That was something we weren't able to do even when I was in school. But everything else was live. Everything else was live. That's just not how it is anymore. And it's interesting because I don't see the amount of people coming out to watch it like they did, like it was literally like a game when I played. It's more like people are coming out. It's kind of festive. It's not as much festive things as there would be if it was a regular game Saturday during the season, but it's still a little festive. People are able to come out, the weather's changed and they do some tailgating, they have some fun, they go and watch the game, but it's pretty light. It's very light anymore. So I don't know. It's an evolution of what where the sport is. I'm certain now now that we're looking at it, with the nil and the transfer portal being more prevalent and being you know, a part of college sports, it definitely is playing a part in it now. But I think that the game has has continued to evolve from the nineties to where we are now, you know, and you know the twenty twenties of what's going on in you know, college football.
Speaker 2: That was one of those aspects of college football that I didn't understand until I got to a place that really loved college football, because growing up in southern California, it's not like, hey, man, USC UCLA spring games right around the corner, you guys going it. Just it didn't have that that gravity. There wasn't you know, there's not that appeal, that interest in it. But then you get out to SEC country, ACC country, and it's like, wait, you eighty thousand people show up to your spring games.
Speaker 3: Really that might be.
Speaker 2: But there are places where they were doing eighty to one hundred thousand people.
Speaker 3: That might be a little embellished.
Speaker 5: You don't think did last year? I called again, I was there for it might be one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: That might be a little embellished, That's all I say.
Speaker 5: Definitely wasn't that might be.
Speaker 3: I could dig it might be a little embellished. I know you feel inferior to them at this point. I don't feel inferior. I can admit that I don't feel inferior at all. This could be a low embellished.
Speaker 2: Okay, but we'll call it seventy five thousand, all right, we'll round down. But the point is it's a practice game in which sixty to seventy to eighty et cetera, et cetera, one thousand people show up to watch their team. And yeah, there may not be a benefit from a financial standpoint to the players, or I know, like Mike Florio took the approach of well, they can't make money off it. But I would imagine for that town, like the businesses around that town, of course, that's a huge money maker. And now the opportunity's gone because things are changing the way they are.
Speaker 4: Just April thirteenth, twenty twenty four, Ohio State has eighty thy twelve people who attend the spring game there at Ohio ctatey other notable big I guess spring game attendances. You had Alabama at seventy two thousand, three hundred and fifty eight, reportedly, Nebraska at sixty thousand and four to fifty two, Michigan Notre Dame, and it.
Speaker 5: Goes down from here.
Speaker 4: Oklahoma had forty five thousand and eight sixty one Clemson with forty seven thousand fans.
Speaker 5: Notre Dame had about thirty seven hundred and twenty eight.
Speaker 3: So yeah, could being ballast.
Speaker 4: I'm not only going to send you the article with this, I'm actually going to send you the fact they have video evidence to go along with it.
Speaker 3: I don't know that video evidence would give a you are you going to sit there and count I'm not.
Speaker 5: It feels like this is a weird hill to die on.
Speaker 3: I don't need to die on it. I'm not dying on it, and I'm not going to argue with still about it. I'm just saying I could stand on it, standing on that hill.
Speaker 5: You standing on that.
Speaker 3: I just that it could be. I mean, I could be wrong. Hey, forget about.
Speaker 5: If your movie maybe balancing on like a pogo.
Speaker 3: Stay, let's just move on, hey, forget about it. Forget about it. Not to say it what I said, I'm not going to die on that hill. But I said what i'd say, Lee.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be a weird request. But can you look this up? I believe that there was one year in which Georgia had a spring game and Ludacris showed up and handed out condoms. That was Kentucky and that was midnight Man, I think that was I think that was a Georgia game.
Speaker 3: Georgia Spring game?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 4: And if it was right and it was basketball, wouldn't you think it would be Drake if anyone good call, doesn't he kind of follow like the bandwagon programs?
Speaker 3: Yes, Kobe Roster, Kentucky.
Speaker 6: I believe this was in twenty sixteen. Yes, it was Georgia to the delight of ninety three thousand in attendance at Sanford Stadium.
Speaker 3: To the delight of ninety three thousand.
Speaker 2: And he brought uh brought condoms?
Speaker 6: Yes he did.
Speaker 5: How about ninety three thousand condoms?
Speaker 6: I don't think he brought ninety three thousand condoms? But that was the attendance.
Speaker 5: Who paid for all those? Usaid?
Speaker 2: Well done hard, right hand by Quinn.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe it seems topical these days, you know.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 6: So Georgia actually apologized for giving Ludacris the condoms to get to hand out, so they gave them to sixty five grand as well as well as two bottles of his own cognac.
Speaker 3: Wait say that again.
Speaker 6: Georgia apologizes for giving Luda sixty five k for the for the event, condoms and two bottles of his own cognac. But I think he was handed out the condoms.
Speaker 3: They gave him two bottles of his own cognac, a.
Speaker 2: Couple of balloon animals for the road other all that. Wow, okay, all right, better safe than sorry, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Very interesting According to the contract, Yeah, they a box of condoms was included in the in the contract, Lee, what would you.
Speaker 5: Be looking for if you're a college student?
Speaker 3: Those two bottles?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that sounds about right.
Speaker 3: What do you do one of these now? And shot glasses instead of a condom? He'd use one out of the two.
Speaker 2: By the way, I am showing that Penn State will close its spring practice April twenty six with the annual Blue White Game. Yeah, Blue, So are you gonna be over there for spring game?
Speaker 3: Of course?
Speaker 2: I mean how many thousands of people would you say?
Speaker 3: The over under? I don't know. Yeah, for the attendance there, thirty twenty twenty five. But we'll we'll report forty you know, it's messed up. Man will report whatever whatever number you know you could get too off of. I'll say this maybe at any one point in time, like everybody as a whole who comes in and goes out. I could see if the numbers got there that way. I could see if the numbers got that way, you're counting everybody who walks in, which I don't know how you keep track of at. I don't know how you keep track of at.
Speaker 4: I mean there's security measures where like you can have a counter this as part of whatever people are walking through.
Speaker 3: Right, No, there's not. Some stadiums don't have counters.
Speaker 4: They don't have counters, so when they when they scan your ticket, you don't think that counts as well.
Speaker 3: But I don't think they scan tickets at the Blue White Game.
Speaker 5: Oh I think they do. You have to nowadays for security measures.
Speaker 3: I don't. I'll pay attention more this year. I've never really used a ticket ever, so I don't know, but I know the few times that i've I did pay attention going into the Blue White Game. It'd be no different than just walking in to a practice or I don't think they had tickets. I don't think there's tickets to the game. I remember, off the top of my head, Ohio State used to charge five bucks. It was five bucks and you got a ticket to go to the spring game back then. Yeah, I don't recall bucks. I don't. I don't recall there ever being charging to come to the spring game. I don't recall that. Not not for parking. It's like first come, first serve or whatever it is that they have set up. If you already have your your slip, your your parking space, like when you tailgate, maybe it's still yours. I'm not I'm not certain. I don't want to speak out a term, but I do not think that they're you are presenting a ticket, you know.
Speaker 2: Lee, Can you check a couple of things, price to get into the Penn State Spring game and also yearly attendance, because I want to see how big of a lie they told each year when it comes to just the numbers. Here, what's the price to get into that spring game?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 6: I'm seeing free for the Blue White game, but they can't.
Speaker 3: Hold on probably packing them in. They're not.
Speaker 6: Starting around twenty dollars.
Speaker 3: Okay, interesting the tickets for the Blue White game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm seeing free for the Blue White game. Is that right?
Speaker 3: I'm pretty I'm pretty certain it's free. Yeah, Well it'll all be gone here fingers chose fingers. Now that wouldn't lea, that's not me, that is dang. I don't think Lee's fingers moved that quick pounds it man?
Speaker 2: Oh, given names?
Speaker 5: Did you just say you dump that?
Speaker 3: Lad? Did he dump that? He dumped it? Chris dumped it?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, that's dumping you mean Ronda?
Speaker 3: Please dump that? Gentlemen. Ah, Well, at least we know who's in charge.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you that he dumped you? He dumped you for saying that?
Speaker 2: Can I tell you this runaway favorite to an MVP on the show this far Brady Quinn after this segment, everybody.
Speaker 3: Got it here mission averaging around sixty to sixty three thousd Admission is free for the Blue White Game. Fans will enter through gates A, B, and C N E, which will open that noon parking.
Speaker 4: You don't think they're still counting just from for like security measures.
Speaker 3: Uh, like I said there there there aren't counters for you know, for that, I don't see there being counters even dor but because you have to scan, like if you scan that, it's a counter. Like yeah, but if if you don't have a ticket, I don't know how they're they're counting, you know, I don't know I mean again, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean not on to get in the weeds here.
Speaker 4: There is AI surveillance where like when people walk through, it'll be able to count people as it's surveillant, like through camera footage. There's different software systems now and a lot of these stadiums for these big events, they have to I mean it's mandated to some degree just because God forbids something happen. Oftentimes they're they're trying their best to do to be able to account for how many people are there, and God forbid anything happen, like who's where. It's one of the reasons why like they might have some way of tracking.
Speaker 3: That they do charge for parking. They do charge twenty dollars and regular vehicle per RV sixty or sixty sixty per bus. Cash or card sales will be accepted at parking.
Speaker 2: Now it feels like, I hell a place to have a stick city tailgate. I know that, you know that's not a big enough game. I don't do it for that game. Let's go live to our I have a thought on Spring Game attendance insider Christopher.
Speaker 3: For the latest Carler.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I've never done something as big as this, But I do know working like growing up, I worked at the Toledo Zoo and I worked a game for ut Rockets for I want to say, well, yeah, basketball, excuse me, you do have a hand counter there, like, you know, even if you're not even way before AI, like you'd have a clicker, you'd like take it down for every person coming through that gate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, guy does, and everyone puts those together.
Speaker 3: At the end of the night.
Speaker 2: When I go to church, a guy has a clicker, you know, he wants to know how many people are at church, you know, some strange reason, but.
Speaker 3: You know, there's a listen. I think.
Speaker 2: I think it's a sad day. It's unfortunate spring games are going by the wayside. But I just hope that, you know, more schools don't get accused of lying about their attendance members, because that's really what concerns me with all this.
Speaker 3: But again, to.
Speaker 2: Each their own. By the way, are you still driving that trusty old ride? Keep it looking sharp with Maco From dense to faded paint. We've got you covered. Get a free estimate today, h oh, better get Maco. It is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. Coming up next here though, end of an era, end of an era for one team in the NFL. We'll tell you who that's next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Right and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Well, it is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Who's got problems? Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you here, I don't think in for Dan and the guys. Coming up a little over fifteen minutes from now here on Fox Sports Radio, we do have a well, it's a little bit of a bummer for one team in the world of sports. Some bad news handed out yesterday. We'll get into that for you here on Fox Sports Radio. Bad news for the Dallas Cowboys. Here Zach Martin, a future first ballot Hall of Famer. He's got nine Pro Bowls, seven All Pros, two second team All Pros. The only years he wasn't an All Pro were years that he was injured back in twenty twenty and then this past season. But Zach Martin has decided to reportedly call it a career after eleven years with the Dallas Cowboys' phenomenal pick and now Dallas has another hole on the offensive line that they significant hole.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, significant, you got it, gut well.
Speaker 4: I mean, first off, I'll just say this, he's a first ballot Hall of Famer, Like I don't think it's even There's been few offensive linemen. Joe Thomas is the head the one that kind of comes to mind that has immediately come in and just been one of the best. I mean, Quentin Nelson's probably the other one. Happens to be both having you know, he has it happens to be a Domeer two. But they immediately came in and been one of the best offensive linemen, you know, for the entirety of their career. I mean, a seven time first team All Pro. He's got two more second team All Pros in there with the nine Pro Bowls, So pretty incredible career. I always wonder for guys like him because he's played at such a high level and he's been one of the best. I think over the last five years. He's got a top five past rush win rate. If you're into deeper analytics and all this stuff, but it's always surpriseding me for guys like him, who you wonder like, could he have played another you know, year or two, And if.
Speaker 5: He does, you know, maybe it's not at high of a level.
Speaker 4: And so is the decision more you know, personal in the sense of, hey, maybe I don't feel like I can play quite as well as I used to where it's the beating, it's the punting, it's everything else that I've endured and I'm just done. Or does the Dallas Cowboys and the lack of direction and feel like if they're really all in, I mean, just looking at where this team is at, how big of a factor does that play in all of it? And maybe it's like, look, I had a great run a Hall of Fame career, but I don't feel like the Dallas Cowboys are figuring this thing out anytime soon. I wonder how that plays a factor into the decision.
Speaker 3: You would have to take both of those elements into consideration. If you're Zach Martin, how high level can I play? And is it worth it to continue playing seeing the current state of the team that I'm in and taking a step further, would I want to start over in a different market, and I think that the answer is no. At the point in his career where he's getting, you know, dealing with the injuries that he's dealing with, you don't want to start over in a different market. You've built a Hall of Fame career, you've built a life in Dallas, plan for the star, and you're on a team that doesn't look like it's going in the right direction. I mean, I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to see that. And if you're Zach Martin and you're on the inside, he probably has a much different view of it than even the people that are talking about it on the outside. So when I look at what he's got going on in his body of work, if he feels like it's time for him to hang it up, he's probably hanging it up because of those elements. Like I've done well enough, I made a lot of money. I've had a Hall of Fame career, so I'll be able to continue to leverage, you know what I was able to accomplish in the game, and use a Hall of Fame career once I've become a Hall of Famer, use being a Hall of Famer to do the things that I want to do in my next life. And I think it's pretty simple before Guyl like hell, I think it's pretty simple, pretty cut and dry as to what will go into the thought process of why you would feel like it's time to hang up the cleats for for the last time.
Speaker 2: I wondered about Joe Thomas, because there was some stuff out there that it might have been Kansas City. There was a trade that could have been done to Kansas City towards the end of his career, and he just decided, listen, I'll just stay in Cleveland and call it. I wonder there would be suitors for Zach Martin. There would be teams, oh yeah, interested in Zach Martin. But I wonder if he's just like, man, I don't want to go somewhere else. I'll just deal with what it is and walk away.
Speaker 5: Kansas City would be a suitor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tray Smith is probably gonna leave to go cash in. If you look at the offensive line in particularly in the interior, Zach mar would be an upgrade. And so you know, you wonder, like, how would that deal work if he really wants to play, would he have to force his way out? Maybe play play or doesn't want to do that. There's a lot of you know, hurdles they have to get through before that could happen.
Speaker 5: But you know, that's the tough part.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think that's what's one of the reasons why when you heard Miles Garrett talk earlier this offseason about, you know, when you get traded from Cleveland, go to a to a contender, try to win.
Speaker 5: A Super Bowl. That's every player's desire, you know.
Speaker 4: I think once they're solidified, once they've demonstrated being and playing at at the highest level of any player at their position, you know, Miles Garrett in that conversation, Zach Martin's in that conversation.
Speaker 5: And I think the hardest thing is it's it's for a lot of these.
Speaker 4: Guys, especially that playing in the trenches right now, they feel like crap. Their body feels like crap, probably still from the season and the aches and pains and everything else. But then you kind of get through a period of time where, like let's says, not even a part of the OTAs and and mini camp by June July gets warm outside, your body starts feel a little better, you know it Just that's the hard part is you wonder if he'll have second thoughts, or you wonder if you know a player who's played at his caliber at a really high level for the entire of his career doesn't say like, well, maybe I want to come back, give it one more shot, or maybe if I do come back, I want to try to come back for a contender, So let's try to make this go work elsewhere. I just obviously my career was never anywhere close to that, so those thoughts, you know, for me, it was always about like I would have I would want to I probably would have exhausted a little bit more of an opportunity to play in the NFL had I not had.
Speaker 5: The job that was presented to be on TV.
Speaker 4: Like, it was never something I aim for, never something I wanted to do, but once it was presented, and honestly, after the first year, and there were some calls here and there, you know, during that season when I was calling games for college and NFL, I kind of was presented with an opportunity to start, you know, calling a full time and at that point I really had to do some soul searching and thinking, like, don't pass up something that maybe God's given me or this is a great opportunity for me, that could be the next thing I do in my life and try to chase something that like maybe that door is closed and you're just not listening to it, and so you know, it was not easy, but like again, you know, those those decisions are honestly made for ninety eight percent of players. You know, Zach Martin's a part of that one two percent that can make a decision on when he wants to retire on his own. And it's very rare that players are able to do that and get out, you know, relatively healthy. So kudos to him on a Hall of Fame career. You know, I'd love to see him keep playing because he's such a great player. But I think I think everyone can kind of understand the position that he's in.
Speaker 3: I think one thing you also got to take into consideration. I know it was. It was a determining factor for me walking away was my knee. My knee was bothering me. I blew my achilles tending out, and that was kind of it. Like I knew I was overcompensating because of how my knee felt, and I blew my achilles tending out when you're dealing with weight bearing, nagging injuries. Which he was an iron man. He played and he didn't deal with injuries, and now he's dealing with ankle ankle injuries. The things that you're asked to do, and it may look minimum to the onlooker, like offensive linemen don't have to go very far. Right, like you pull around. The most running you do. You pull around and maybe you run, you know, an average of maybe ten yards or so a little maybe a little bit more, but hard. You're probably running like like ten yards within a pooling play of what you're doing. But when you have to deal with that and your weight bearing joints are giving you problems and giving you issues, whether it's your nees, whether it's your ankles, whether it's your toes or your feet, or your hip or your quads, whatever it may be, I'm just telling you it changed just everything. Like I could deal with my arm having tingles, I could deal with my fingers being sore. I can deal with my shoulders. I can deal with those things. But when it came down to having to deal with how I had to warm up, I would I would get up at least an hour and a half before everybody was slated to come in for a training camp for regular days of work, and I would go through a whole routine of going through ice and heat and movement stem every single day just to get warmed up to be ready to practice. And I'm not nowhere near as big as a guy like Zach. So to me, I think one of the determining factors when you think about moving forward is how do I do it? Sometimes it's just a matter of how do I get through practices? You know? I remember going down one time my ankle started hurting so bad because I was compensating for what my knee was feeling. I couldn't even make it through the individual period. The coach looked at me like, are you fit serious? And sit it out loud like I pulled out and grabbed my ankle. I'm like, yo, I'm done. I can't do this. I can't do the drills. In fact, I don't even think I could do the practice. And I had the trainers come over to me. I'm just saying, some people, the level of pain that you start to have to deal with that circulates through your body when it's weight bearing, because there's no way around it. There's no way you can get around weight bearing situations and pain that can really really force you to take a good, long heart, look at yourself and say can I do it? Not just do I want to do it? Because the part of you that says you want to do it says you're going to find a way to do it and get through it. You start realizing that that can I get through it becomes a bigger question then do I want to do it?
Speaker 2: And to the previous point, you know, I think this is also an indication that he looks around and goes, oh, we're not going to be any good. Yeah, like oo, yeah, we don't like the Eagles, just want a Super Bowl. Washington's getting better. Now, I'm good here. I'll take my you know, one hundred and eleven million dollar plus, you know, money I've made in my career and just walk away and get ready for the Hall of Fame and Canton in five years from now. So hell of a run for him, by the way, it just would like to point out something that was you know, I don't know if they meant to insult a certain member of this show, but Brady Quinn pointing out how you know, if not for TV. You know, I would have kept on playing like we're just gonna go well, I would.
Speaker 4: Have exhausted more efforts, I think, which was at that point in my career, you know, similar to LeVar, Like I back issues, I had a foot issue.
Speaker 5: There are a number of things that weren't going for me.
Speaker 3: The way I would have liked to.
Speaker 2: So I mean, we're just gonna go ahead and skip past you know, Sunday night sports radio with me. I guess we're just gonna skip past that and just go straight to.
Speaker 3: TV, is what? Oh wow, pulled well.
Speaker 4: First off, that actually was not with you for like two more years.
Speaker 3: I actually worked with you before you did. Yeah, that's the film. Just so you're clear, buddy, Me and you got more history than you. People may not know that. People may not know that, but we cracked the microphone and was in front of a camera before he even worked with you. Yeah that's right there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then I got hold of him and never looked back.
Speaker 3: Hey, no, doubt got to start somewhere.
Speaker 5: That's not true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not true.
Speaker 5: Just like bringing bringing someone back home from Vegas. That's what.
Speaker 2: So shut you on that, Joe Davis.
Speaker 3: You know all these other all these.
Speaker 2: Other people that thought they could, you know, try and convince Brady to stick around long term. Joe Davis who ad Tim Brando, like all these guys stocked, all these legends out there, no chance not have Rob Stone. Yeah, you can go chase him around at a bowling tournament all you want. He knows when they come home.
Speaker 3: He knew where he got it from.
Speaker 4: You like that, Just go ahead and tease what we're talking about. The next segment that's gonna be.
Speaker 3: Lee because Emily, if you think that.
Speaker 5: This is gonna happen over the break, you're dead wrong.
Speaker 4: We come back from this break, we're gonna be talking about what the hell is happening at Casa da Day.
Speaker 3: Delaud No, he gave us the beats on the door and the break it exactly it is can't miss Radio, by the way, And that's not just the dope ass tease, it's the truth.
Speaker 2: So here's a teas for you. If you think your current situation is a little bit screwed up, you got nothing on this next one here on the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeart Radio app search FSR to listen.
Speaker 2: Live Zed's dead Baby. Yeah, it's the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn in for Dan and the guys. Coming up top of next hour a little over ten minutes from now. Some bad news. Somebody's had a real bad week upon further review in the world of sports, we'll get into that for you here on FSR. But a little shout out here. Even though you're listening to us, now, did you know you can also see us. Be sure to check out the Fox Sports Radio YouTube channel. Just search Fox Sports Radio on YouTube. You'll see a whole bunch of video highlights from our shows. Be sure to subscribe so you always have instant access to our Fox Sports Radio videos on YouTube. All right, So our executive producer, Lee the Laugh who wants no part of this one.
Speaker 3: So no, but this is going to be good. Don't you hold back either, Lee, don't you hold back well? Will withhold the names? Don't use any names. But this story is phenomens, It's story.
Speaker 5: Why is that? Why you guys dump me the first time? Yeah? Used her name?
Speaker 3: Well? And and what was connected to what you said. Oh, come on, no one's connecting that together. It was a little connectable. But you know, I'm with you. I mean, if you look it up on the internet and you that's not a hill. I want you that. I don't want you to die on that hill. You guys are crazy, hey, but I don't want you to die on that hill. Use separately, I probably wouldn't have done it.
Speaker 2: It's all good yourself slightly like clearly on the air, dump that.
Speaker 3: I mean, he is he is. That's like the most is the most to hear?
Speaker 2: Why the most sober lease outed on the air the last three years of him saying dump that, I.
Speaker 3: Mean he was on it. He was on that one. He ain't on much, but he was on that one.
Speaker 4: It's it's weird, man, like you're more open to defending her than you are us.
Speaker 3: Let me just put it that that that's not that's not inaccurate. That is not inaccurate.
Speaker 6: Now I don't know if that's accurate at all.
Speaker 3: If you had to throw cats under the bus and you had to order it with us three of all and her her no.
Speaker 6: Way, always, no way, no way. I under the bus all the time.
Speaker 3: Nobody, nobody who never throw you guys under the bus. Newbody tell story. Lee.
Speaker 4: I don't even I don't even trust you when you say stuff like this because you've told me to my face.
Speaker 5: You're like, yeah, I lie all the time. I do.
Speaker 3: But to you guys, yes you will.
Speaker 1: Do you just lie?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You were like, oh you just you do know? You just you stayed back down the bar. I literally witnessed that fifteen minutes time.
Speaker 6: No, that was different because I had to go down to get my charger from somebody else who was bringing it to me from RAI row.
Speaker 5: You're drinking at the bar.
Speaker 2: It is charged, having to be at the bottom of a margarita glass.
Speaker 3: So I just thought, I hear.
Speaker 6: Things changed. Things changed when I told you something that was in my heart that was the truth. And then I get up to my room. I get you.
Speaker 3: Know that still makes you a liar?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see you, guys, if in your heart you meant what you said at the moment in time, but you changed and did something change, things changed, you still lied.
Speaker 3: About what you were going to do. You do know that? Like if you said, oh, I'm going to bed, and we went to bed thinking, oh, Lee's going to bed. Let's go to bed. We go to bed, and we see that you didn't go to bed. Just because you changed your mind doesn't mean you're not culpable of the lie that you told. You lied.
Speaker 6: I lied, but it wasn't with the intention of life. I had a change of heart. I would have told you. I would have if it was in my heart at the.
Speaker 3: Time that no. I told you that. Q. Did you get a text message from Lee say I changed my mind. I'm at the border.
Speaker 4: I don't get anything. I told you guys. I had a fat man moment. I went downstairs to get a package, and then I ordered a milkshake because I wanted a milkshake. And that's where I happened to see Lee at the bar. There was no Charger in sight. He was just, you know, chuck him off with everyone there.
Speaker 3: There we go by the way.
Speaker 2: I would love to see Lee get cross examined during like a real real case. They would break him down so fast. So are you lying, sir, No, not this time, not in my heart?
Speaker 3: Lee? Oh you do know that that's what an habitual liar does. You're a habitual You're greatly Let's talk. Let's tell you guys, sound like her. Let's tee story. Here we go. That's a great segue and transition. Tell us the story, Lee, what story do you want? I mean the living situation clearly.
Speaker 6: Well, the living situation is Uh, regular listeners knows that my house is currently being rented out for the month.
Speaker 5: So why is it being rented out?
Speaker 6: Lee?
Speaker 5: Why are you trying to sell the house?
Speaker 3: Well, because you want to break up with your chick and y'all wanted to go your separate ways and divvy it up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we've had our troubles since. Yes, so we've had it on the market.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: In the meantime, we had rented it out.
Speaker 3: No, No, you're missing you're renting I loss, but you're we're missing a piece of the story. At some point during you guys doing this, you guys rekindled your your love and actually want to stay together. Yeah okay, but but you got to put that out there, Lee, I still rented the place out, didn't sell it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's basically to pay for you know. The idea was to go on vacation, use the together rented together. Yeah okay, Yeah, she's got a few businesses overseas.
Speaker 1: We go.
Speaker 6: I was gonna go check out the landscape out there.
Speaker 3: Well, how how are those businesses doing?
Speaker 5: Landscape? What you're doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead, So so right now we're back for the month.
Speaker 6: She was gone, uh doing some business stuff. I was out in New Orleans. We've since gotten back together. We were in the rat motel for a week.
Speaker 3: Her business doesn't do well enough, and you don't do well enough here for you guys to have a place, it wouldn't be outside of the place.
Speaker 6: It wouldn't It would wouldn't make great economical sense where we were at my folks place.
Speaker 3: Why did it make sense to rent the apartment out?
Speaker 6: Because the idea was to use that money to go on vacation and would pay for the mortgage.
Speaker 3: It would be a little bit of a loss, but it would pay for vacation. We got to continue this in the next the next hour, bro, we got this is not We had, by no means gotten close enough to the end of this story.
Speaker 6: But it's okay because this is a deep rabbit It's an ongoing songing.
Speaker 3: This rabbit hole is super deep. I don't know if it is, Oh it is.
Speaker 2: I just hopefully we will get a chance to explain himself you know, I feel like he was derailed there.
Speaker 3: You know, that'd be ten dollars. What do you mean that'll be ten dollars. That was very passive. Agree, let's take a break. Let's take a break. I'll tell you