Speaker 1: No one likes to talk about money. Am I saving enough? Can I buy a house? Am I paying too much in taxes? Will I be able to retire? What if you could unlock insights about your finances in less than five minutes, with a clear picture of where you stand today and where your money can work harder. Now you can visit facet dot com to take the free quiz and get your financial wellness score today. That's Facet dot com. This ad is sponsored by Facet. Fast Wealth in Corporated is an sec registered investment advisor. This is not an offer to buy your self securities or is it investment, legal or tax advice.
Speaker 2: Are you ready to move your career forward? Make your comeback with Perdue Global and get college credit for your work, school, life, or military experiences. With these credits, you may have already completed up to seventy five percent of your undergraduate degree. You've worked hard to get where you are. It's time to get the recognition you deserve and earn a degree you'll be proud of, one that employers will trust and respect when you take the next step in your life and career. Make it count with Perdue Global produce online University for working adults. Start your comeback at Purdueglobal dot edu.
Speaker 3: He'll forget about the video game you gave him on his birthday.
Speaker 4: Wow, thanks Grandpa, but.
Speaker 3: He'll never forget how you invest it in his future with the uns stapp.
Speaker 4: Wow, thanks Grandpa.
Speaker 3: The units stap makes it easy for grandparents and family friends to give funds to a child's investment account for a limited time. Download the uns stapp and use the code iHeart fifty at sign up to receive a fifty dollars bonus when you find your account. That's code iHeart fifty when you sign up at unest dot co for a fifty dollars bonus. See terms and conditions at UNEs dot co.
Speaker 5: Hi, this is Victoria. Thank you so much for downloading this podcast. I believe God has amazing things in your future. I hope you enjoy this message. You know, I pray for people all the time and they want to know the will of God for their life. You know, they're really looking to find their assignments from God. And I think that's a good prayer to pray because that means God is rawing you and he's working with you, and he wants you to follow him. You know, we all want to know the will of God for our life.
Speaker 4: God, what's my assignment?
Speaker 5: But can I tell you this, God is already laid out your.
Speaker 4: Assignment for you.
Speaker 5: He's laid it out, He's pre arranged your assignments.
Speaker 4: God is already working in you.
Speaker 5: We can't wait around for our assignment to find us. We have to move out in our assignments that are laid out for us today. See, God has plans and purposes for each one of our life. In fact, He is working those plans and purposes out in us. Listen to what Ephesians two says. It says that we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works. See, we are God's handiwork. He is making us, He is molding us. We're we're created to do good works. It goes on to say, which we're already prepared in advance for.
Speaker 4: Us to do. You See, God is working through us in our good works. You See.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I think that we think good works is kind of like good deeds. We think, well, when I held the door open for this stranger, that was nice, or we thinking, you know what, my husband has been driving me crazy lately.
Speaker 4: But I haven't yelled at him, even though he deserves it.
Speaker 5: You know, those are nice things, and I think sometimes which are good deeds, and they are good works in a sense because something is working in you when you do that. But I don't want us to think that these good works are something that God's gonna love me more. God, do you see what I've been doing for you? Have you ever felt fallen in that train of thought? I mean, I'll raise my hand. Okay, I'll be the first one in the here. I know nobody else is gonna raise their hands. But you know what, sometimes you think, God, I am doing all this good stuff, where's my blessing? You know what, Lord, They're not as nice as me, but you're blessing them.
Speaker 4: You see.
Speaker 5: I want us to not look at these good works as our Christian duty. Because we're Christians, we have to do these good works. Now, first, let me say this. God is a blessing God. He blesses obedience. He's a rewarder of those who seek after him. I am not really talking about the blessing. I'm talking about the good works. And I don't want us to fall into the trap of if we do good works, God's gonna bless us. I think he will reward us, But don't do good works to get the blessing.
Speaker 4: You see, you can't even.
Speaker 5: Get saved by good works. The Bible says that we are saved by grace through faith.
Speaker 4: It is not of ourself.
Speaker 5: Is a free gift, it's free. You can't be good enough to get saved. You can't be rich enough to purchase your salvation.
Speaker 4: It's free.
Speaker 5: But I think sometimes we fall into this trap that I'm gonna do good works.
Speaker 4: God so that you will bless me. You see, God created us to do good works.
Speaker 5: So if God created us to do good works, we know exactly what we're supposed to do. We know that we will walk in our assignment when we do the good works.
Speaker 4: What is a good work?
Speaker 5: A good work is when you're patient, that's a good work. A good work is when you choose joy, when you choose peace, when you choose long suffering, when you're a mother serving your children, when you're a husband going out every day to work. Those are good works because within those good works, God is working something you those good works, God is working in you. When you come up against that challenge, a person that's trying to put you down. Guess what, There's a good work to be done right there, and you get to choose it. But sometimes we run into these challenges and we're miserable.
Speaker 4: We think, God, why why? You know why?
Speaker 5: Because God is saying, I've already put the DNA in you. You are predisposed to be able to push through and let the good work work in you. The good work is working in you.
Speaker 4: See, you're made to do good.
Speaker 5: Works, and those good works they're making you. They're building your character, your morality value. See, there is nothing better than to come up against a challenge and be able to make it through because you chose the right thing. You allowed that prearranged pre determine good work to work in you.
Speaker 4: You see.
Speaker 5: I think the greatest gift in the world that God could ever give us is a strong and fortified life living for Him wholeheartedly.
Speaker 4: Do you know those good.
Speaker 5: Works that are working in you will make you more obedient. That obedience will then trigger the blessing of God. So I just want us to look a little differently today at good works when you're pressed, when you're up against a challenge. Listen, the Bible says it like this, that he will set a table before the presence of your enemy, before any situation. God is already pre arranged the good choice for you. He's already made a way of escape. You know, we need to know that God intended these good works to work in us so that we could fulfill our destiny, that we could walk in these assignments every single day. You see, it's not one thing that's gonna make your calling.
Speaker 4: It's an every day walking out.
Speaker 5: These good works that's gonna lead you, guide you to open doors to places of influence, to supernatural opportunities. Because let me tell you something, God's not gonna give you anything you're gonna fail at. He's not gonna open a door that you're not ready for. So let these good works work in you. No, hey, I'm challenged. This thing is happening over here. I have a choice. I can choose to do the good work. You know, it's a good work for a reason. Is that a bad work? God doesn't want it to be a hard work. He wants it to be a good work. Think about that just a minute.
Speaker 4: What is good?
Speaker 5: It's pleasing, it's honorable in God's sight, it's pleasant, it's a good way work when you work it with God.
Speaker 4: It's something he's doing in you to set.
Speaker 2: You up.
Speaker 5: For greater things, set you up for greater things. So let's put down a struggle. Let's put down the fact that somebody's trying to get to us, or or are trying to get in our place or get ahead of us. We don't have to do it like the world does it. We have a buffet table laid out for us. It's interesting because in Romans twelve to two it says this, It says, don't let evil defeat you, but defeat evil with what good? What with good, with pleasant, pleasing, honorable things. In the sight of God, you can overcome when you're willing to do the good work, the good work.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: Some sometimes we think our life is so simple, We think, you know, where is that big thing? But can I encourage you that your simple things, your simple good works, are so making you and accomplishing you that you're gonna look up and you're gonna think, God, how did I get where I am?
Speaker 4: God? How did you set me up for such an amazing thing? God?
Speaker 5: Look at this family that I've produced. Because I've been patient, I've been a servant, I've long suffered. I've warked through the good things, so I've produced something good in my life. You see anything good, it's going to take our time and attention. I think about the first telephone. When Alexander Graham Bell invented that telephone, it was such an amazing thing. You could literally talk to someone that wasn't in the room. You could talk to another person at another number on the other end of another telephone.
Speaker 4: That's pretty crazy.
Speaker 5: Isn't it not? These days why he thought it was amazing. He didn't know where it was going to go. But today we're not stuck to the wall. We have our telephone in our pockets. We can take pictures with our phone. We can send messages with our phone. We can get on the internet and learn anything we want.
Speaker 4: With our phone.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine if Alexander Graham Bell realized what his simple invention did, he would be astonished. It would be unbelievable to him. But it was a simple invention that accomplished great things.
Speaker 4: And in the same way.
Speaker 5: Your simple works, good works are going to accomplish unbelievable things on this earth.
Speaker 4: You can't see it now, you think it's simple. God, where is it leading me? Where is it taking me? For guy says, I want to make you unbelievable. I want your reach to be further than you could ever think possible.
Speaker 5: So next time you're saying, God, what do you want me to do?
Speaker 4: What's my calling? What's my assignment? Remember this. You were walking into it. You were walking into it because those good.
Speaker 5: Works that you were made to do are making you and God will fulfill everything that he's ever promised you.
Speaker 4: Amen. Amen, He's an awesome God. Thank you for listening to the joel Ostine podcast.
Speaker 2: Help us continue to share the message of hope with those all over the world.
Speaker 4: Visit joelostin dot.
Speaker 2: Com slash give Hope to give a gift today.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening to the podcast. Be sure to subscribe so you can get all of the latest messages.
Speaker 4: Know that we pray for you. God bless you.
Speaker 2: More than ever before. People are turning to the church for their mental health struggles. Unfortunately, the church has largely been ill equipped to help. That is until now. Join nearly fifty thousand people just like you who've enrolled in the Mental Health Coach Training program and become equipped to help for a limited time. Apply for a full tuition scholarship and only pay a one time tech fee of fifty four dollars if accepted. Apply now at mentalhealthcoach dot org. That's mentalhealthcoach dot org.
Speaker 6: Nice Buns, soft, fluffy and ultralownetcarbs Discover hero Bread the delicious ultralow net carbbread with incredible taste and texture. Hero Bread has zero grams of sugar and is under one hundred calories per serving, plus high end fiber and up to ten grams of protein per serving. Available on Amazon dot com, Walmart dot com, and Hero dot co. That's hro dot co. Order from Hero dot Co now and get ten percent off your purchase with promo code IHM ten.
Speaker 7: Summer is here and our sleep is just as important as our weekend plans.
Speaker 4: So get the sleep you deserve with Lisa.
Speaker 7: For a limited time, save up to seven hundred dollars off select mattresses plus two free pill during our summer sale. Check out our hybrid mattress designed to keep you cool during those hot summer nights. Lisa also offers free shipping and a risk free one hundred night trial.
Speaker 2: Get the Sleep you deserve.
Speaker 7: Shop our summer sale now and save up to seven hundred dollars off select mattresses plus two free pillows at Lisa dot com. That's l e e S a dot Com exclusion supply.
Speaker 2: Visit Lisa dot com for details