Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Let's go.
Speaker 3: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Are you ready for a break?
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Ready for a break?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and so much for that.
Speaker 2: It's time for The Break on.
Speaker 3: Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 1: Were with Mbar Garcia, Brian brought us, Nick Harris and Derek Eagleton.
Speaker 2: It is Wednesday, December fourth, twenty twenty four, Season twenty, episode number seventy nine. Welcome to the latest edition of The Break. We are live from the s WBC Mortgage Studios at the Start, presented by LG. LG's the world's number one o lead TV brand for eleven years, accounting see why at LG dot com. Forward slash O leed Evo. Hey, Chris, I got a question for you. Chris, I'm here. I just have to turn some stuff down.
Speaker 3: You don't hear yourself?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 2: Is there a reason why you don't keep my music going? Like when I'm talking, like I can feel the music and it helps me like go through my little you know all the words I say? Is there a reason why we don't keep the music going?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 7: Uh, well, the way it works is when I transition from the actual program from the open it fades into it, so it kills it. Now, I probably should start c sting your base here.
Speaker 8: There a reason why we're having this conversation.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: In my mind, it came my mind. I just wanted to know. I was just there may be a reason that we don't do that. But I don't know. Maybe maybe by.
Speaker 8: Tomorrow that's there famous quote, is there a reason why? Is there a reason why this and that isn't the right way to do this? Great?
Speaker 6: I will tell you this, I have used that in my personal life way to do it.
Speaker 2: I never want to assume anything.
Speaker 6: Every time you hear.
Speaker 8: That, you're like, oh great, you know it's not gonna be good.
Speaker 2: You lead in with is there a reason why? Because you may not know the reason and maybe a legitimate reason.
Speaker 6: That phrase has made me better with conflicts, so I could not I could not give Derek flack for that.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 7: I know your favorite season is Christmas, so I need to start I need to start adding your Christmas music.
Speaker 2: Yes, that would be great, Like we could run through this Christmas and it gives it just gives a different vibe we feel good when we hear music, right, yeah, and everybody. I let's get to the scouting.
Speaker 3: No, I'm.
Speaker 9: Apologize for me. I'm the reason the show's late today. Impologized for that. My mom sorry about that. I was running late today. And another thing is, uh, my son is in conflict right now because he's trying to sell his SEC ticket to the championship game. So now he's asking me questions about it. So I'm sorry I had to handle family matters.
Speaker 2: Parenting always comes parenting, I'm sorry, it always comes from Yes.
Speaker 3: Music is good for everybody, thank you.
Speaker 2: Chris is on the same pace.
Speaker 3: So good for Christmas. Big Fantom Music.
Speaker 2: Handle that for us. So I'll start working on Christmas music. Yeah, all right, let's let's jump in today. I want to start to talk. I want to start a discussion on Dak Prescott. He had some comments yesterday to dreey Epstein and it was interesting. It's interesting comments he had about Mike McCarthy. I'll read the comments and I want to get your impressions on what you think. And he says, I believe whole I believe in him wholeheartedly. I don't want to necessarily get into the nuts and screws of it all obviously, but I think the definitely, I think he definitely deserves a chance, another chance and a chance to coach this team amongst more influence on his terms may be a good way to say it. What do you guys make of his endorsement.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it's fascinating, it's I think it's a endorsement of their relationship as well. You look at the time that Dak Prescott has left in his career, he probably has more on the front end that he's already played. I think he realizes that, and he's seen what success has looked like under Mike McCarthy. You could look at twenty twenty three him being an MVP runner up under Mike's offense, and uh, the the quote that I found very interesting though, was on his own terms. What does that mean? I really just don't. I don't know what that means. It could be, it could be a multitude of things. Is that oversight from ownership? Is that, you know, play calling not necessarily being one hundred percent in his hands. I'm curious how the head coach isn't doing doing things on his terms already.
Speaker 9: I'm kind of conflicted on this one. Okay, I think this quarterbacks are a really good politician. I think he really is. I think he realizes what's about to happen, and he wants to be on the right side of things, and you know, if it doesn't work out, then you know, he had his he had his say. He gave his say. I you know, if there's been some really there's been some good times, there have been some times where it looks like there's been some conflict when it came to the offense and what needs to be done. I think I think Dak is very mindful of what lies ahead. He got his deal done, the coach's deal is not done. I think he's looking at this situation like, listen, I don't want any I don't want any hard feelings or anything at this So you you know, he's not playing right now. So he's not in the light where Nick Harris can walk up on a Thursday afternoon and ask him a question. He's not in that light. Matter of fact, it's a situation where he was doing something. Joey is He and Enjoyed are very very close, you know, and so she asked questions, he gives answers. His message gets out that way through the media. I believe that does he have some feelings about Mike, Yes, positive feelings, Yes, But I think he also wants to make sure that if it does in this way that he was he was seen as being. I was for the coach, Ye I wasn't. I'm not again to coach. If he chose to be silent about this, and then you'd probably really really know. But I think Dak's very very good at playing this game. And I say that in an admiration. I don't say that as a negative thing. I'd say that as Dak Prescott is very good with the media and the way he can get his message, the way you know. He's not combative. He's not Aaron Rodgers. He's not you know he could be. He's very calculating and he thinks things out. This guy's got a master's degree and stuff like this. So I kind of feel like that he is trying to put his position on this side of it before it potentially turns into something he has no say over.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, Dak has never been one to start any kind of drama or dilemma. I don't think anything other than what he said would have been an answer that you would expect him to say, Like, that's an answer that you expect to hear year. It's not controversial. It is what it is. Even if we don't know what happened controversial.
Speaker 3: We don't know part of the answer though.
Speaker 8: That end quote where Nick pointed it out. I mean, that's that, that is what. It gives you some pause and leads you to think, because sometimes even as calculated as you said, Brian, even as calculated as his answer was, there's some things that your brain is gonna spit out like that, And he could be a simple word like that one, and then now we're left to start wondering, way, like what are you trying to say here? That's the only thing that he leads you to assumer start creating in your mind.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this question because I read this and what came to my mind was where does he lack influence? Like they started with Kellvin Moore running the offense, Keln Moore's out the door, He's now running the offense, he's calling the place. Where does he feel like or where does Dak feel like he deserves more influence? I mean, we talked about it yesterday and I think the consensus that we had was it's not a bad idea necessarily, or to think that there's a possibility he could be back. The one caveat being do you make a change and tell him, hey, you're coming back, but you got to do something different with an offensive coordinator. So is it where is he Where does he need more influence that he doesn't have right now?
Speaker 9: Listen, you know I've I was in that room in two thousand and five, and I've been with head coaches here that had influence with player personnel. You know, whether you it's whether you want to take it or not. You know, you do have influence with the general manager. It's a triangle here. Yeah, Jones's family on the on the top, coaches on one corner, the scouts on the other corner, Will McClay and and they all have a say that this organization thrives in discussion. They believe in that. That's you know, we've all been here, we've all worked here. We understand what that is over there. So I don't know where he's going with that. Maybe maybe there was some things with that Mike wanted. Maybe Mike wanted.
Speaker 3: Joe Philbin back and didn't get him back.
Speaker 9: Maybe he wanted Rob Davis to be here, didn't get Rob Davis here anymore. You know, maybe Mike is going up and saying, hey, listen, pal, they're trying to work you with your contract. Just I'm just thinking out loud here. I'm not you know, I'm just thinking, you know, hey, you know, him and Mike talking, Hey, they're trying to work you on that contract.
Speaker 3: Huh, and just hanging there.
Speaker 9: You know, you're you're, you're you know, And there's that dialogue going back and forth, and maybe him and Mike have a discussion about, yeah, it's gonna be a little tough. I lost my line coach, you know. You know, hey, we're gonna try and build this offense around you. We're gonna try and do some things. Maybe that's the discussion that him and Dak had that you know, they that that Dak kind of realizes that I couldn't think he would be mad about the front office asking to play Ezekiel Elliott, that that's his guy. Yeah, you know, I mean, if you if you were a guy and all of a sudden, it's like the general man, which is his prerogative to walk in a suggest to the head coach, any general manager, that's his progative to walk in and say, hey, listen, what can we think about what's what's what do we are we having a problem playing Zeke?
Speaker 3: Is there a problem there? You know?
Speaker 9: He's not asking him to, He's just saying, is there you know? And well, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying, though.
Speaker 9: But as a general manager it happens every day in the league. You can walk into buildings and say, I remember Mike homegrin in ron Wolf Brett Farbi throwing a ton of interceptions and Ron Wolf made a suggestion, do we need to play Mark Burnell? And Mike said, no, no, we're this guy and this quarterback and I are going to get this done. Just give us time, we'll get it done. So see, general managers make suggestions. But maybe this is where to me, I maybe the coaching, the turnovers, that that part of it wasn't exactly what Mike McCarthy wanted to do, And now now he's kind of throwing it out there. They're like, okay, I've had this discussion with Mike, and you know, we're struggling with that aspect of this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's go ahead and move on, and we're going to take our first break a little earlier. When we come back, we're going to dive into the Bengals offense, an interesting offense. They got a lot of weapons, and we'll start talking about how the Cowboys can possibly defend this. We'll come back. We'll talk about that when we come back. This is Dallas Cowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 11: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 12: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you foody deals.
Speaker 13: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a poymaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 2: Don't put off.
Speaker 14: Getting your oil change Dallas Take five Oil Change, a proud partner of the Cowboys is faster than you think. They're so fast you don't even have to get out of your car. You can take advantage of Take five's stay in your car ten minute oil change at any of their locations across the Dallas area. And remember at Take five you stay in your car because they're faster than you think. That means you won't even have time to show off your best touchdown celebration. Take five the official oil change of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: From the field to the festivities.
Speaker 15: Lu Casey embodies the essence of luxury and tradition, handcrafted with meticulous precision. Each offers unmatched comfort and style. Stand tall while you're tailgating or cheering in the stands with the Dallas Cowboys Collection by Lucasey. Shop the collection today at the Lucasey store at the Star and Frisco, or online at lucasey dot com. Lucasey the official boot of the Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders.
Speaker 10: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Back to the break.
Speaker 8: Lgoled Evoy is the best TV in the game, but don't take our word for it. Trends said the l g G four. L g OLG four has the best picture quality they've ever seen. C for yourself at LG dot com slash oled Ebo.
Speaker 3: Welcome back.
Speaker 2: It is the second segment of the break. Weare a live from the s WBC Move Mortgage Studios. Start.
Speaker 3: The Little Tremor Boy would be even better.
Speaker 2: We're got to talk about the music. But it's good.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 2: I like the vibe. The vibe is good, and we probably got to start a while Amber's talking it can be even better. But yeah, well, complaints today. These are not complaints. These are suggestions. Isn't that what you said, Brian. The GM can always always suggest.
Speaker 9: The GM, the head coach, always makes suggestions, always make and it's our job to serve to the pleasure of the GM.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 6: This segmond one brought up or read that's why they want to do?
Speaker 3: Okay off.
Speaker 2: This segment brought to you by blockchain dot Com. All right, all right, let's jump in. Let's talk about these Bengals. They are four and eight right now. They are coached by Zach Taylor.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: This team is kind of an up and down team year over year. You know, some years are really good at Lord, they was that twenty twenty one when they were.
Speaker 9: In this with the Kansas City a couple of times, and kind of they had a blueprint there for a while how to beat Kansas City.
Speaker 2: Well, the blueprint is they got a hell of a quarterback. Yeah, and they got some great receiving weapons. Like that's really what they're predicated on. It just so happens that this year, defensively they can't stop them anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That being said, let's dive in and let's talk a little bit. Let's start first big picture. What is the thing that stands out to you most about this team that fans need to know approaching this And it can be about the team offense, defense, coach, whatever. What's the biggest thing you need to know about this team?
Speaker 6: This offense is not four and eight. I think that's probably the number one thing when you look at this offense. When you look at the way Joe Burrow has played this year, his numbers have stacked up alongside MVP winners in past years. Over the course of the last decade. His number of three hundred yard games and three touchdown games arrival. What Aaron Rodgers was doing during his MVP runs. He's been efficient, he's been good, he's gotten multiple weapons involved. The run game has gotten better as the season has gone on. I'm starting to have a little bit more trust in guys like Chase Brown to be able to do some things for their run game. And they went and got Khalil Herbert at the deadline. They haven't really used him a whole lot, but that's a guy that you have to factor in as well. But this offense top to bottom is really good. I think there's some holes in the offensive line. Certainly get them, yeah, and that's where you got to get pressure on Joe Burrow. But if you don't, it's going to be a long day because they have I'll tell you what, they have four receivers that I think could be wide receiver two, wide receiver three on this offense that this is a really good receiving core that I think it's so good that some of these guys at the lower portion of the depth chart are are very underrated just because of the guys that are around them, and Jamar Chase and t Higgins.
Speaker 9: Blitz bothers these guys. The blitz bothers these guys, It really does. And they've had some problems on the right side of their offensive line. When you watch them. I love the fact that my next gen stuff that you guys there, that I can sit there and watch every sack they've given up this year and how it's all happened. And there's a constant theme about what happens with the Bengals and they and I think Nick's right about their running game. I think it's gotten better. But if you look at the metrics overall, their numbers are very similar to what the Cowboys do.
Speaker 3: Very similar.
Speaker 9: I mean the number of carries, the number, I mean, it's just very similar. How that just shows you, you know where they where they've kind of had to come from. This is really all about the quarterback, and it's all about the wide receivers. And but if Dallas gets into a game where all of a sudden, Mike Zimmer has figured out how to dial up pressure and dial up blitz pressure, you can make it hard.
Speaker 3: On these guys.
Speaker 9: And I think that you can make it especially hard on the right side of their offensive line when you watch, because I sat there and I'm like, Okay, how do you attack?
Speaker 3: How do you attack?
Speaker 9: And it was right side and make these backs have to pick up make Chase Brown in those now Moss early in the season, he's.
Speaker 3: Now in I R.
Speaker 9: Moss couldn't block anybody on a pickup. But if they're gonna throw the football, you're gonna have to be able to the problem is that with Jamar Chase, the ball is going way down the field. Now, this is this is when you when when Burrow when you start to talk about deep shots and things like that, got six touchdowns. Five of them are to Chase way down the field. So you're gonna have to deal with that. The vertical game there with t Higgins underneath, you know they're they're going to target Chase in this game. But the pressure bothers them in ways, and especially Blitz pressure bothers them. So now I'm going to try and figure out how to how to attack the right guard here. Alex Kappa, He's the one guy that I kind of feel like can get driven back.
Speaker 3: We've seen better play from Osa in this football game.
Speaker 9: I'm kind of matching him up and seeing it because they're going to leave these guys one on one, not all the time, but when they do, you got to take advantage because they don't really like to double. So when they lose, they're losing one on one, so.
Speaker 3: Be ready for that.
Speaker 9: They got a rookie right tackle and and they've got to and with Alex Kappa at guard, he seems to have the biggest prompts. Ted Karris, their center I think is pretty good. But that's that's kind of where I would focus that that right tackle with Osa and then trying to bring some pressure off.
Speaker 3: That which would be Dallas's left side on that rookie tackle Mims a little bit.
Speaker 2: The other thing to note about that is Dallas does like to We've seen Mike Zimmer do it here of the last few weeks. They like to slide might be into that defensive tackle position as well, and all on one that opportunity to be able to maybe a slide him in there and take advantage of that matchup as if it if that that that offensive line, I just.
Speaker 3: Feel like that's the best.
Speaker 9: I mean, if you if you don't get pressure on these guys, this quarterback will kill you. Yeah, I mean he's that type of passer. But but what happens is you go and you study, now, go study the metrics on this team. He holds the ball a lot and you watch the sacks, he's like he's he's gonna throw and then he pulls it down, throw, pull down, like he like he sees things. It's almost like the old saying you see ghosts a little bit. It's like, but he's only thrown five interceptions, you know, thirty touchdowns five interceptions here, So but when you get him to pull the ball down, that's when things really collapse for him. So if you know the matchups on the outside, how are you able to handle Chase Higgins and their receivers. They've Nick's right, They've got some really really good receivers and got some good young receivers too. But they but they are but they are a little bit sceptible to pressure.
Speaker 3: And Dallas.
Speaker 9: One of the calling cards we've seen with Dallas, you turn this into Dallas getting a rush of passer of the whole game. That kind of plays into Dallas's hands a little bit. So that's that's the one encouraging thing that I would say, Uh Chase. Chase even said it in a media availability last time he played digs and it's it was a few years ago. One catch eight yards, six yards something like that. Two targets and and Chase even made the comment, he goes, that guy shut me down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, so.
Speaker 9: Is he gonna play? Can you shut him down? Are you gonna get fortunate? I mean, this was one of Diggs's better games. We remember, third down route, across the field, tackle right there, fourth down tackle again by Diggs. One of the better games that he actually played against this week. Yeah, yeah, see if he's active this week. So but that's that's that's gonna be the recipe if you if you can.
Speaker 3: Find a way to affect the their their.
Speaker 9: Offensive line with pressure, that's that's gonna be your best path.
Speaker 6: You talk about this right side, and we've talked a lot about Tyler Guitton and the inexperience that he had coming into the season. Amarius Mims, their right tackle that they got in the first round, only had eight starts in his time at Georgia, compared to Tyler Guidon having fourteen. So talking about raw and inexperience, you're seeing that show up for both of these guys. In this instance, it's just on the right side of the offensive line and it's not paired well with Alex Kappa over at the right guard position. I want to talk about their red zone efficiency though their second in the NFL and touchdown percentage in the red zone, and it makes sense because you look at all of these weapons that they do have in the red zone, not only Jamar Chase and t Higgins, but andre Yosi Vosh He's got five touchdowns in.
Speaker 2: The red zone season.
Speaker 6: Yeah, zone Princeton product, it's his second year in the NFL. He's really coming into his own. He was kind of one of my draft pet cats a couple of years ago, so it's been really cool to see him come about. But high school teammates with Marris Leofel, so there's some history there as well. But this is a kid who this is one of those receivers that I'm talking about. This is a big body, a guy who can go go get some balls in the red zone and it makes life difficult when it gets in those compact situations. So when this team gets in the red zone, very seldomly do they not come away with a touchdown.
Speaker 3: So if they do have to kick field goals or kickers been a little shaky.
Speaker 8: Yeah, do you know the stats on Cowwoi's defense for red zone?
Speaker 6: I will get that for you. But the Cincinnati offense they are scoring touchdowns on seventy one percent of their red zone trips, second in the NFL, only trailing Baltimore.
Speaker 2: That's impressive. All right, Let's talk a little bit about.
Speaker 9: The touchdowns for that one guy, that receiver, which one Chase Chase?
Speaker 2: Okay, let's talk about the run to pass ratio. Right now, they are first in passing yards, fourth in pass attempts in the NFL. On the other side, they're twenty seventh in rush yards and thirtieth in rush attempts. They obviously are very heavily skewed toward the pass. As you said, Brian, my question is is their run pass ratio about them more leaning into what they consider to be their strength or is it about them needing to score to keep up with opposing offenses because their defense has been so bad.
Speaker 6: I have the stat I'm sorry, I was looking for it while you were asking that Dallas is dead last. They give a touchdown red zone seventy of their.
Speaker 2: Can you give that? Can give me that number? Look, and I don't know you If you can, I would love to know that number. Looking at the last two games, three games, whatever it.
Speaker 6: Might be, the last three, the last since they had Michael back.
Speaker 2: Essentially, what does it look like the.
Speaker 6: Last three games, they're thirtieth and so it hasn't gone up a ton. That hasn't gone up a ton.
Speaker 2: All right, that's not great.
Speaker 6: Only Pittsburgh and San Francisco have been worse than.
Speaker 2: Keep them out of the red zone essentially.
Speaker 6: But Cincinnati's defense is also been in the red zone. We'll talk about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll get to that. So back to the run pass ratio. What do you think is the reason for that?
Speaker 3: I think they get behind in games. I think that's I think that's a big problem there.
Speaker 9: I think only Indie plays more more snaps out a shotgun than this crew. I think they're constantly they they realize that they've got the receivers and they've got the quarterback to be able to you know, to general and they have to generate points.
Speaker 3: They because they do.
Speaker 9: They're I mean, we'll get into but just quickly, I was just kind of like looking at you know, it's looking because I was looking at Cincinnati offense. But then you flip the Cincinnati defense and their numbers are very similar to what like the Cowboys have. You know, it's they're in the twenties and a lot of these even I mean it goes back to these things like, oh you should be can you take advantage of? Can you take advantage of? Because Cincinnati on defense does a lot of bad things. They do a lot of bad things. But on the flip side of that, their offense, though, makes up for that. I like I say, don't I don't anticipate Cincinnati. I don't think they're going to run the ball. I don't think they're going to try and run the ball, but it might play into Dallas's hands because of the pass rush. But can't can Cooper rush and the offense? Can they generate points? That's gonna be because if they don't, well, then Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Will be very comfortable playing this football game.
Speaker 6: I think, yeah, if this offense is fully healthy. Talking about the Cowboys offense, I think I'd have a little bit more common in them coming away with a win. Not to preview what I'm picking on Friday, but I just feel like if Dak Prescott was playing, if Ceedee Lamb was even at a hundred percent, that they have proven that they could score points offensively over the course of the last two weeks. Because a lot of these a lot of these points have come from special teams and defense. They if they had proven that they could score points offensively, I feel like they would be able to keep pace with Cincinnati. But it's it's gonna be hard. It's gonna be really hard. This is a really good offense.
Speaker 2: How do you think they'll match up with Jamar Chase and T Higgins. I mean, obviously they haven't had their two starting corner starting cornerbacks on the field at the same time yet this season. How much do you think how do you think they match up and how do you think the pass rush affects their ability to match up with those two receivers.
Speaker 6: I think it does start with the pass rush. T Higgins hasn't been healthy all year. He's been in and out of the lineup. But when he has been in, he's been productive. Yes, and he's he's taken some some load off of Jamar Chase's hands. He makes life easier for Joe Burrow. So it's it's right now the task, yes, he is. It's gonna be an all out task. He returned last week, I believe, after a two week absence. But it's it's gonna be it's gonna be a tough task. I don't even know who I would put on which guy. I mean, considering Diggs's history with Chase, that probably makes the most sense.
Speaker 2: But you probably don't travel them either. You don't probably just let them stay where they are.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I think Mike keeps I think he keeps them left and right.
Speaker 9: And then you go play and then and then figure out what you want to do, if you want, how you want to use your safeties.
Speaker 3: This team sees a lot of too deep. They see a lot of two doesn't Chase.
Speaker 9: Because Chase and they and so what happens The too deep allows you to be able to cheat to one side of this team they see. They see more split safety too deep coverage than any other team in the league. And it's just because of the threat of the vertical stuff, but also though the ability to try and they feel like that they have to. Teams feel like they have to try and cheat to one side to be able to handle to handle Chase.
Speaker 2: And it seems like you should be able to do that in a matchup where they don't really try to run that much, let alone be effective that running the ball, so you don't have to bring that safety down.
Speaker 3: You can keep to sous Dallas.
Speaker 9: And Cincinnati, two teams that play with more light boxes than any other than the other teams in the league, so that people don't respect Cincinnati's run.
Speaker 3: So what do they do?
Speaker 9: They keep the safety back thinking they're worried about the over the top ball.
Speaker 6: Jamar Chase obviously was banged up a lot last year, so the context is a little murky, but best receiver in football right.
Speaker 9: Now, right now, yeah, right now. Over Jeffefferson, I take take both l issue kids. Between your two guys there, I'll tell you what throwing the film a Chase playing against and we've played Baltimore this year because you kind of understand that Baltimore struggles. He's watching Baltimore. He kills Baltimore both times. Yeah, kills them, you know, I mean like you run in routes. I mean they can't stop him. And I'm kind of thinking Baltimore's got a pretty good defense, you know, except in the secondary. It seems that they give up a bunch of plays.
Speaker 3: Me personally, I take Chase, yeah, the only.
Speaker 2: The only thing that makes me kind of get more Jefferson.
Speaker 3: I think the quarterbacks better.
Speaker 2: I look at the quarterback, and I'm like, I think Chase has the benefit of having much better quarterback than than Jefferson had. Maybe maybe that Jefferson's had in his whole career, and Jefferson's still producing at the level he is.
Speaker 9: I was kind of feeling like that Jefferson's numbers were gonna come way down with me j McCarthy at quarterback. That's and then McCarthy got hurt.
Speaker 3: But they've done. Sam Donald's done a nice shop.
Speaker 2: I thought with Sam Donald's numbs would go down, and he's still He's still putting us.
Speaker 6: Call a good point because if Justin Jefferson had Joe Burrow to start his call, my god, oh my god, that's a national champion.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of Andre Johnson when he was in Houston all those years where he just had whoever at quarterback and he was consistent putting up numbers, putting up number, putting up numbers. That says a lot man. Same thing with DeAndre Hopkins. Hopkins did the same thing. He had a you know whatever at quarterback, but a lot of those years and still produced. All right, let's tick our final break. When we come back, Let's talk a little bit about the Cowboys defense and how they'll match up against this high powered offens will do that in a minute. This is Dallascowboys dot Com Radio.
Speaker 16: If you can't be at the stadium, there's no better way to watch your Cowboys than on an lg O lead Evo TV. That's because everything you see is more lifelike, every play.
Speaker 3: Every hit.
Speaker 16: I mean, you might just will be on the sidelines, that's how clear it is. It's all thanks to LG's legendary technology, perfect black, over eight point three million self lit pixels. No one comes close. LGO led Evo is the best TV in the game for a reason. See for yourself at LG dot com slash o Leedevo.
Speaker 4: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agen Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipments, cater utility vehicles, and a four line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official Lagonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 6: If you shout how about them Cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone. The wins will be even tastier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 2: And we're going to overtime. Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 5: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash aericup by your side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica Responses me very digital tool featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for Qualit assurance message data rates. Additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 11: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 12: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you for details. Back to the break.
Speaker 8: AT and T connecting changes absolutely everything.
Speaker 6: You're done.
Speaker 2: That's it good, Welcome back to this final segment.
Speaker 8: Every time something else, anything else do you want to say?
Speaker 2: No, I'm good, I'm good, I'm in a good mood. Today it's Christmas time. Man, We're rolling, and my long horns are rolling and cowboys are winning, and so man, everything's good in my world right now.
Speaker 6: I saw them painting the field that Mercedes bins with the long hornside of five yard line. I was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: I wanted to respond and just say you're welcome, but I was like, that seems a little bit over the top. That's a Texas thing to do. I was like, I'm not going to play into that, but you're welcome. All right, let's let's talk about that.
Speaker 9: I hope some of you wins because I don't want them to get worked in this thing.
Speaker 2: They can't let me nick we're having that conversation.
Speaker 9: They're gonna get worked. They're gonna there this year's Florida State of last year.
Speaker 2: I was ready after them because that team is good. If you walk, good play like we were having that kind of conversation. I want to get too far into college football, but we're having a conversation. And it was like, okay, so if you're the opponent, who do you want to play? Do you want to play Alabama or Miami. I'm gonna say I'll take Miami. I'll take my chance with Miami.
Speaker 3: You say s m U.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people will say give me s m U. If you've watched SMU, I don't think a lot of people want to play SMU. He's that's a good team. It's a really good team.
Speaker 9: It's a good team. I'll tell you another thing. I wouldn't want to go have to go play a game in Boise in that cold yeah. Yeah, and the potential snowhood blue field, bluefield like snow flying cold. I don't know if my livelihood would be very good playing.
Speaker 6: I don't think it shakes out where they will have to host a first round game.
Speaker 2: What if Miami had to go there coming from the warm confines, they have to go up there and play.
Speaker 9: I was just thinking about I was just thinking about having to play Boise in the cold weather about that.
Speaker 2: But I agree with that. I hope, I hope SMU doesn't get worked on this. I think they if they win and it takes everything, you know, it doesn't matter. They will get a buye and they'll be in the playoff. I haven't watched the safety he's giving you check out that safety. All right, let's talk about the Dallas defense. Uh, last game, they had six sacks. My question for you guys is is the increased pressure over the last couple of games that Dallas has been able to generate really just about Michael Parsons. Is that really the only difference or there are other things they are doing schematically that's really adding to to how they're being able to get pressure and get sacks.
Speaker 9: Over shown Oh sa uh Lawson. Yeah, I think there kind of is a unit there. There's a little bit of shades of what we saw last year with Armstrong and Fowlor. And you know, if you could get Tank back into this thing, God should be a great week to have back too.
Speaker 2: Where's neelan at is?
Speaker 3: He will see? That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: I think the five day the two games in five days, I think got him.
Speaker 3: I bet you he's back this week.
Speaker 2: Do you get kneeling. Let's say you get Kneeling and Tank back this week, and let's get we don't but everybody has been saying, and I'm talking about the coach and Jerry have said publicly there's a chance. And then let's say you get Digs back. Now you're working with a full contingent, Like, how does that match up against the Cincinnati offense.
Speaker 9: But it definitely helps. Yeah, it definitely helps. Because you're me personally, I think the only way to stop Cincinnati is get pass rush. That's the only way I think if this quarterback feels comfortable. I mean, he's had a couple of games this year where he's throwing the ball over fifty times, so they don't have a problem with that. They just, you know, they throw and they throw and they throw, and you know, and they have to do it because, like you guys were talking about their defense, but I just feel like that one of Dallas's strength. You know, we're not here talking about they got to defend the run today, they got to defend the run. They really don't have to defend the run. They get to go play. They get to go rush the passer, which is one of their strengths. The problem is if they're not very good at it this game, they'll get run because I don't think their offense, Dallas's offense can score enough points. We've talked about that a bunch. But at least Cincinnati does something that Dallas can at least counter with their pass rush on their home turf.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think you'll seem or Simpson running down the sideline and the Simpsons. Uh, the Simpsons cast. What is that going to be on? By the way, where is that even airing? I'm not is it like a plus deal? I think it is a ESPN Is it ESPN Plus?
Speaker 8: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: Chris can look it up for us.
Speaker 6: I don't want to get it anyway. I think I think with this pass rush, I I do see a difference. Makes That's what I was thinking too, because those Fox curved they are yeah, get the whole clinch to.
Speaker 8: TV option, ABC ESPN.
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting, So it is an ABC ESPN thing, And.
Speaker 9: That's why the game couldn't get flexed because they've done all this, because they did all this leg work to get this ready, because they did all the voiceovers and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But let's be clear, I'm talking Josse. The TV ratings for the Thanksgiving game getting thirty eight million, thirty eight million that they said that is the most watched game, regular season game of this season so far, Cowboys versus Giants. So that's why, no matter what, Cowboys aren't getting flexed because not flex down because the networks are like we we like having the Cowboys on because they have just as many people that want to watch their demise as want to watch them win, and so and so it just makes for great television.
Speaker 6: If the Cowboys can flex, we will find out for the Tampa Bay Sunday night game.
Speaker 2: Don't count on that yet. And by the way, the things I'm hearing, I'm not counting on that.
Speaker 7: Don't see that symptoms fun Day Football will be on Disney Plus and ESPN Plus.
Speaker 2: Okay, got it, so you can stream it as well as watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will.
Speaker 9: I will say this though, you need to keep winning though here, because if you don't, you're not going to see that number one crew from Fox.
Speaker 3: For a while. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'm fine with that.
Speaker 3: I love I.
Speaker 7: Love it.
Speaker 9: Those dudes are so good to interview when you get to talk to him, I mean, they are really really good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, anyway, the past rush right. I do see a difference that MICA's presence just And I was talking to a couple of guys in locker room over the last few weeks about that, and like, yeah, he certainly helps out. But I was talking to Carl lost and specifically after the Giants game, and he's like, everyone just knows what their job is now. Everyone's doing their job. Everything it's skiing and on it. Yeah, and it's I think this scheme threw everybody off in the beginning, and I you know, there's a lot of things that could be attributed to that. You saw some guys give up on it. Jordan Phillips was one of those guys. Do you blame him, Probably not. I mean you can't whenever you factor in the situation that he was dealing with. Yeah, yeah, apparently, But I think I think it just took these guys a few weeks to figure out what they had to do, and now that they know what they're doing, it's it's really helping out all eleven know what their job is. And I have to also give credit to that double mug linebacker look because it confuses young quarterbacks. We've seen it over and over and over again over the last few weeks. It confused CJ. Stroud, It confused Jayden Daniels, Drew Locke. You having those two linebackers over the line of scrimmage, you can do so much out of that, and that's something you have to identify immediately post snap if you're the quarterback, so that that g you a delay on looking at your guys, So I think that's also really helped those guys figuring out that part of the scheme and really being able to key.
Speaker 9: In on it.
Speaker 8: Also with having so many young players too, even with overshown, I mean, this was really his first year that he's actually playing, so again that learning curve of everyone just finding their way in and trying to figure out exactly what to do. But credit again, I don't mean to say Mica is the savior and the only one that can make this defense run, but even some but having someone like that on the lineup, even if it's just taking off just a tiny bit more pressure and adding just a few extra seconds to your game, it just it creates more opportunities. And I remember a time where we always talked about prior to Micah DeMarcus Lawrence and how important it was for him to be on the field and on the line because it did create those opportunities for the rest of those guys. So curious to see though, now mentioning about the Marcus when he's gonna come back, because that's another added element that I think. I just wish we get one game at least where we get all the starters.
Speaker 6: I think it'll happen. I'd be surprised if his practice window does not get opened today at the very least. I don't think he's going to go Monday. If I were a betting man, maybe Carolina's more realistic. And if not, Carolina certainly for the Tampa Bay game.
Speaker 2: That being said, we actually had a question from Steve on on X and what are your expectations?
Speaker 8: Feeling good today?
Speaker 6: For sure?
Speaker 8: Talk about that Christmas spirit? What did he say? Now?
Speaker 2: You want to know what are your expectations for Tank coming off his injury, even if he's able to come back, like he hasn't played much, what do you what are your expectations of what he can do and how much they'll even use him.
Speaker 6: Just based off of what this training staff does like to do and how they like to slow their guys back in limited snaps. And that's the That's a safe way to go about it, especially with a player of his age and his caliber. You don't want to make it worse and potentially, you know, a career ending type situation if he were to reaggravate it. But yeah, probably limited snapsy. We saw that very similar to what they did with Marshawn neland a week ago. I believe he played eighteen or nineteen snaps in that game. They were trying to get him to twenty five, but they kept him to that number. I could see a similar situation for Lawrence, and maybe an uptick for neland.
Speaker 9: Playing the last three games of the season are against some explosive offenses. Couldn't hurt Yeah, Yeah, couldn't.
Speaker 2: Definitely help you.
Speaker 6: In his contract, Lawrence, this is expiring last year. He basically came quick. He's basically the defense of Zach Martin in the sense that, like, it's tough to assume he's back next year. But I think in Zach's case, it's probably more so a retirement, whereas Lawrence, I think he would find a different home.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look, I don't think that Lawrence is done. I think Lawrence has plenty left in the tent. The last time, yeah, the last time we saw him playing, he was playing great football. So I think it's one of those situations where if Dallas decided they're not going to give him the deal he wants, I think there will be suitors out there, and I think he'll go somewhere and he'll do really well. For the next several years playing defensive vents for somebody.
Speaker 9: It'd be nice if you had him back and you were seven to seven, you know in the record wise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would help any chance, no doubt.
Speaker 2: Real quick. I did want before we end the show, I want to talk about dron Bland. He had He was a person that they kind of eased in as he came back from his injury. Last week he was fully back ninety two percent of the defensive snaps. What he played. How did you assess his play last week?
Speaker 6: I feel like he's been playing well in coverage. I feel like his coverage is better than it was last year, just in the little what's the word, I'm looking for the snapshot of what we've gotten so far this season in two games. Trying to pull up the numbers here, he's only given up eighty two receiving yards on seventy nine coverage snaps, so almost one yard per plays for one yard per coverage snap. So he's doing really well. I've loved what he's brought from a coverage perspective. The only play that I can think of off the top of my mind that I didn't love was a twenty yard reception in the Washington game that he gave up across the middle. I believe it was on a third down as well, on that second touchdown drive that they had, and that really kind of kept them going. But aside from that, I loved what Blane has been able to do. He really feels like he hasn't missed a step, to be honest, you get him right.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, all right.
Speaker 2: We appreciate you guys. Jonas, that's a rap. We'll be back tomorrow. We'll talk about the Cincinnati defense against the Cowboys offense. Till then for Nick Harris, Brian brought us an Amber Garcia. I'm Derek Eagleton. This has been The Break live on Dallas Cowboys dot Com Regio.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.