Speaker 1: The following. He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys. This He's Talking Cowboys Straining live from the Dallas Cowboys World Head Course at the Star in Frisco. Touchdown six second plus dot Kid take twenty points.
Speaker 1: Touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: It's a Draft month edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and the s WBC studios. Welcome in, everybody. We've got Patrick noc Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Tommy Yarris with Jasmine Marshall in the Backham Kyle Yeoman. So glad you were with us here on this Tuesday as we get ready for the NFL Draft twenty twenty five. Patrick's got is Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine Draft Guide, which is available now.
Speaker 3: Available on Dallascowboys dot Com.
Speaker 4: Buy your Draft note from the internet.
Speaker 2: Baby, buy it sick, Thank you, Kurt. That'll be our second creed now. Yeah, read now, I like it.
Speaker 4: Buy your magazine on the internet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a digital copy. It's like five bucks. It is nothing crazy. I know everybody that's like, like like a couple cups of your your black Rifle coffee. That's all it is. You can still buy that too. But you got the five dollars on the digital magazine and then you got a print magazine for like, what is it, ten bucks, tim retail? Ten bucks?
Speaker 3: I mean, come on now, ten bucks for all of this goodness crafted by It is one and only call Yomans five.
Speaker 1: Times cheaper than baby formula.
Speaker 4: Kurt.
Speaker 2: That is very true, so extremely true. Were talking about that prior to the babies are formula. It feels like a raise, it feels like a pay Just wait until they're off at diapers. So that's gonna be crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm rolling in it.
Speaker 4: This is very much in a lickxer.
Speaker 3: You're gonna need to buy baby formula after you read this, you know what I'm saying. You're gonna be so happy with the information that you've gotten. I'm telling you, I feel like we're over selling Star Magazine Draft Guide.
Speaker 5: There's no such thing as over selling this magazine.
Speaker 2: That's true because it's got a Tommy from the Internet feature. All right, Uh, we got to get into some backup quarterback talk because we haven't talked about it. Of course, it happens all the time. I don't know why we even I don't even know why we even record on Tuesdays because it happens either right after the show on Tuesday or going into like Wednesday or Thursday.
Speaker 4: We just gotta shift an hour base, yeah.
Speaker 2: And then we'll be fine. But Joe Milton is now a Dallas Cowboy. That's the biggest news and note of the week because Cowboys trade a fifth round pick, they get a seventh and Joe Milton in return, and instead of using a draft pick on a possible backup quarterback.
Speaker 1: Is what they were going to do, if they were going to do it. We think it shocked about it.
Speaker 4: Go and get guy, get a guy, go and get a guy, and got a guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I much approve of this over what they did to acquire Trey Lance and sending away that fourth round pick and you got the player.
Speaker 2: But we don't have to talk about that.
Speaker 1: It kind kind of do you kind of do because you got to make over.
Speaker 3: You got a difference a fourth round and a fifth round trade.
Speaker 6: But also you know what I mean, you also got the seventh back with of course, of course, of course, so it was it was much less of an expensive pick. It wasn't expensive at all really so and then when you look at Joe Milton, I'm not going there with you.
Speaker 1: Cow would you?
Speaker 2: It's one of the comments, okay when you it's got it. We got a great opportunity for comment of the early early but I can't sit. I don't think I can say it on the air. I don't know if I can say it. We gotta figure it out, say Kyle, nice job, Chris, great jobs. I'm gonna say it, no are you? Oh, Cowward? Keep going.
Speaker 6: So we got a cowboys got themselves, a twenty five year old with a cannon of an arm.
Speaker 1: Cannon of an arm.
Speaker 6: Spent time with New England obviously in twenty twenty four, former sixth round pick by way of Tennessee, which is by way of Michigan. So he has some definitely big stage experience from those two programs. And he's coming in and he's you know, gonna battle with Will Gear for the right to back up you know, Dak Prescott. So we'll see how it goes. I'm excited to get to OTA's get the mini camp, get a training camp, and really see what that looks like, because you know, over the past couple of seasons or more in the Cooper Rush era, the best shot at de throwning Cooper Rush came a couple of seasons ago by way of Will Gear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then that didn't.
Speaker 6: Happen because Grier got injured and that's kind of what derailed that, and then it ushered back in Cooper Rush, and then they went and got Trey Lance, which was never really a competition in their eyes, not the way that they perceive.
Speaker 2: You're talking about the twenty three preseason, right.
Speaker 6: I want to say, yeah, before, well, well, when Will Grill got went down injured because he was winning that in training camp.
Speaker 2: He was winning it in training camp. Then he got he like had a growing it was it a growing one of the it was a slight injury. He came back, He played in the preseason in all three games, right. I know he played in that last one because that was kind of his last hurrah apparently.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, not that one. I think it was twenty two, was it before?
Speaker 6: I think it was twenty two because it was if memory serves me correctly, he's winning the training camp battle. He gets injured and he's unable to finish out the preseason and that's what derailed it from So then when he tried to come back, I think he was then made available again at that point on the practice squad.
Speaker 1: But he's made available again a few.
Speaker 6: Games into the season, but by then Cooper Rush had re solidified.
Speaker 1: I think that's that was the season that there must.
Speaker 6: Have been twenty of the calf that calf, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, because then Cooper went to Minnesota and solidified the backup role and that was pretty.
Speaker 2: Much twenty three. It was. They gave him a great shot, yeah, the third and then traded for Trey Lance particular exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, this I believe this was twenty two when we all had a collective saying, hey, you know what, Greer is in the lead here, and then the injury happened, and then so forth and so on. But all that to say, I'm looking forward to what will definitively be a QB.
Speaker 1: Competition behind Dak Prescott.
Speaker 6: I know you trade it, but this is not you know, excessive draft capital, which you know guarantees anything for Joe Milton. I really think it's gonna be Greer versus Milton and I had a couple of conversations kind of off the cuff, off the record with Will Greer. He's looking forward to the competition, like he's really looking to sharpen his teeth here. So it's going to be fun and I'm ready for it.
Speaker 3: That's an excellent take, Patrick, But I don't think there's enough overreaction in their statement there.
Speaker 2: Okay, so can you over react I'm telling you right by week five?
Speaker 4: No, not at all, Not at all.
Speaker 3: I think it's a healthy competition going into training camp. Obviously, you need the bodies there. I think having these two quarterbacks behind Dak, behind Dak, let me be very clear, be behind Dak to compete is a good thing and only a good thing for the Dallas Cowboys. I would like to see a full preseason for both quarterback or a full preseason game for both quarterbacks. I would love to see how they do in a full game situation. But let's see how it plays out. I'm excited to get to training camp now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it's Chris, you really I know exactly what you're talking about. So we're going to quickly transition away from that good job, Chris. You know, when you look at this, I think for both sides here and talking about the Patriots and the Cowboys, it makes a lot of sense. From Dallas's perspective, I don't know if you're going to find a quarterback in the fifth round that gives you a better chance or a better prospect than Joe Milton does. I mean, how many quarterbacks are you going to find that are six five two and forty seven pounds and can throw the ball eight hundred yards. I mean, you're just not going to find that very often. So that's somebody that's worth taking a shot on. From New England's perspective, they use a sixth round pick on him last year after taking Drake May third overall, and they get to move up in this year's draft from it and only give up a seventh in return. So I think it's win win for both sides. Joe Milton's last year at Tennessee looked pretty good when he was playing at his best twenty touchdowns to only five picks. Volunteers as a whole weren't really all that great that year, but he showed you something. And then that last game of the season, like you guys were talking about when he started against Buffalo's second team defense at twenty two for twenty nine for two hundred and forty one yards, a touchdown, and then ran ten times for sixteen yards and another score. So this is a guy who I think if you get some more snaps whenever they come across, whether it be you know you're gonna blowout and you get to put him in there, or you're getting blown out and you get to put him in there, kind of like what you've seen with Cooper Rush over.
Speaker 4: The lot like the second years.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you shouldn't, but it happens, It happens. I think he's positioned himself very well to be the backup quarterback here and if if it was today, I think he is. He would be my pick.
Speaker 2: Over a Willgreer.
Speaker 5: And that's not a shot at Will Greer saying he can't compete for the spot. I just think Joe Milton gives you more options.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all about the ceiling and the skill set and how it matches up. We had heard from Brian Schottenheimer years past that it does matter what the skill set looks like, and he wants it to match up correctly with Dak Prescott. I think Joe Milton is a guy that's not a carbon copy of the two. But if you're looking at Will Greer or Dak Prescott, you could say the skill set not talent level, but the skill set it mirrors Dak a little bit more so than what Will Griers would. So it is kind of an interesting tidbit. Plus, I went back and looked at his draft grade last year. I had him as the Cowboys fit in the Draft magazine last year, which is another reason why you should buy the draft magazine. But I had him as the Cowboys fit last year. And if I were to take his grade and move it without even putting his NFL body of work into it from last year to this year, he would be QB eight on my list.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 2: So and the guys that I have in front of him would be cam Ward of course, Jackson, Dard s Sheder Sanders, Jalen Milroe, quin Yours, Riley, Leonard, Will Howard. That's it's those are the guys. So if you're not going to draft one of those guys where you don't want to spend a first, second or third round pick, which we've talked about that as a scenario on this show before you didn't feel comfortable doing that. You feel pretty good about Joe Milton. I think it's pretty consensus across Cowboys Nation, which it's never really consistent, completely consensus, But this is about as good of a move as you could make, moving down forty six spots in the draft and picking up a legitimate need that you were going to draft in the first place anyways, without actually spending a quality pick on it. And you still get to pick in the fifth. Yep, you still get a couple swings at it in the sixth, and you get an opportunity in the seventh ten, and so yeah, you're just fine. Actually, you get two picks in the fifth, two in the sixth, and you got three in the second. It's all even doubt, and you get rid of a need that or you get a need that you were going to have to address anyways.
Speaker 3: I think one of the only knocks that you can really have for him right now is that he hasn't had a lot of attempts in his career.
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously only had twenty nine.
Speaker 2: And you say the same thing for Trey Lance though.
Speaker 3: Exactly that was going to be the exact comparison that I made. It's another project in a way, but I think there's more upside here, given that he did play a great game last year in Buffalo.
Speaker 5: There's more upset and I think there's going to be more opportunity to because Cooper Rush has been the staple at that backup quarterback spot for the last however many years he's been in Dallas, So now it's kind of like, Okay, well, Cooper Rush is not there anymore. There's no real veteran presence in that room. I don't know if we would categorize will Career as veteran.
Speaker 2: I don't think I would, But there's no in terms of playing time. No, But he's been around the.
Speaker 1: League in the league, yes, yeah, he's moved around the league loose, but.
Speaker 5: I'm speaking more about playing game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get right.
Speaker 5: So if that's what we're banking on here, and you know, you bank on your backup quarterback to come in and facilitate for you when you need it, you're not necessarily planning to have what we had last year, where Okay, you know, Joe Milton's gonna have to start the last ten games of the season, right, So if it's a if it's a one game two drive scenario that Joe Milton's needed for, I think that's an excellent spot for him. And I think that those kinds of reps, slowly but surely are going to get him to where he needs to go.
Speaker 3: And another thing that he's not like that Deck isn't able to give you is that he's a dual threat. He can run when he needs to, and he can escape when he needs to.
Speaker 4: I think what we've.
Speaker 3: Talked about Dak in the last couple of years is that he's not as mobile as he used to be, and nor do you really want him to be as mobile as he used to be, just based on the injuries that he's gotten. But I think with a guy like this that is athletic and has that dual threat, you can get something out of him that you weren't able to get out of Tree Lance whenever he was in the game and he saw that.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I don't go to cut you off, but you saw that athleticism on display, and just how he's able to maneuver the pocket when it kind of breaks down in that game against Buffalo last year where you know he's rolling out and the strength of his arm is such a weapon. It's really unlike a lot of what you've seen ever because there's that one play where he rolls towards the sideline. I don't know who he threw it to. The touchdown didn't count. It's a crime that it didn't count. It should have stood thanks to the rule of cool. He just rifles it and it just looks effortless. He's on the move, the sideline's coming right on him, and he just rifles it into a perfect spot that's hard to find. That's really hard to find nowadays. And I think that you know, if you're able to capitalize off of that when the opportunities come, because again, this is Dak Prescott's job, and it's going to be that way until he furthered, until he decided to hang it up or leaves. But that's I think that that kind of skill set, in that kind of trade of something that you've got a really high floor that you're building off of.
Speaker 6: With Joe Milton, what I'll add to those excellent points is the fact that one of the biggest concerns of Trey Lance coming into the league, even as a third overall pick, was that he didn't have a lot of experience coming into the league with North Dakota State as far as games played in game start, Yeah, really I think it right eighteen give or take. But when you're talking about Milton between Michigan and Tennessee, he had forty three games that he that he took the field for. So, although he's a one year guy, which makes him kind of like a pseudo rookie for the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Young three years under contract sheep as a lot of contract quarterback sheep as far as expense goes, and he entered the league with a ton more actual collegiate experience than Trey Lance did. So I say that to say, you know, are there some some things he needs to improve upon. Absolutely.
Speaker 6: We keep talking about how much of a canon his arm is, and that's absolutely true.
Speaker 1: He can't teach that, right.
Speaker 6: He has an Anthony Richardson kind of cannon, but in the same breath, and he needs to work on his ability to put touch on the ball. So that was something that concerned me time and time and gain with Trey Lance. So Trey Lance doesn't have the cannon that Milton had, But Trey Lance also struggled with the touch so if Milton can kind of refine that and put some touch on that ball, then we're really talking about a good QB competition behind behind Risco.
Speaker 2: This turns into like one of those those I can fix some sort of conversation coaches. Coaches feel like they can fix a guy and that all these other guys have just gotten it wrong all the way through, and then you kind of figure you put the match it together. But the opportunity is there one.
Speaker 4: Hundred percent, but there hasn't been a big enough sample size for him.
Speaker 2: Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: So I mean, I don't know if it's about fixing him more is refining his the skill set that he does have.
Speaker 2: It's funny because Tommy brought up the Buffalo game, and everybody's talking about this Buffalo game because that's what we have.
Speaker 4: That's what's all we got.
Speaker 2: That's what we've got that in pre season tape, even that I think was limited to a certain extent.
Speaker 4: And less than four hundred steps of Tennessee and then.
Speaker 2: His Tennessee tape, which is Tennessee tape. I even wrote it. I'm reading my article from him last year. But a lot to be intrigued about when studying Joe Milton had success at Tennessee Want some big games during his time with the Volunteers. Additionally, he boast a fantastic athletic profile that resembles a tank more than a quarterback because he can run the ball and he's got an absolute cannon at straped to him, you know, like he's got that too. How teaching guidance will be needed fundamentally at the professional level. That's what I've got here. So I think there's ways that you've got to You've got to have the right teaching and the right leadership to put him in those spots. But this isn't gonna We're not saying the Cowboys are winning the Super Bowl. Where go ahead and book your your your your tickets to Santa Clara in February of next year. Like, that's not what we're saying. What we are saying is that this is a solid move to pick up a backup quarterback and it helps your depth of your football team, and it could help the future of your football team too if it works out.
Speaker 4: Now, just just a little tiny overreaction, all right, guys, tiny what is winning?
Speaker 3: What is his QB comparison at his best?
Speaker 2: Like current I had Kyle Trask. I like it as as the guy last year I had Kyle Trask. I don't think Kyle Trask has the same arm talent as Joe Milton, though, and I think at least from a because Kyle Trask is still in the league right, yes, he still bounce around somewhere. Is he still in Tampa Bay?
Speaker 1: I don't know I that he's still in Tampa.
Speaker 4: You signed with Tampa Bay?
Speaker 2: He may have. But I think as a solid backup quarterback with some upside to be a starter at some point in time doesn't mean it's this year or next year. I think I would probably. I don't know if I hate that comparison, but I don't know if I'm fully on board with Kyle Trask the way that may have been as a college guy.
Speaker 4: Pat, do you have comparison?
Speaker 7: Hmm?
Speaker 1: I honestly, and this isn't going to sound lovely, given the.
Speaker 2: Nothing you're going to say is going to sound lovely. You're either going to get over what do you mean? Culture?
Speaker 6: I disagree. My wife disagrees. She says, I have a lovely.
Speaker 2: Talking about your voice I'm talking about, which means every comparing quarterbacks I'm sure half of the people. I mean, I have already vomited once, I said Kyle Trask.
Speaker 6: Yeah really I said it. I said it in my in the Take a few minutes ago. I think it's Anthony Richardson. The comp is Anthony Richson. I think you talked about a two quarterbacks who are dual threat, who can you know, throw it a mile, who can take off and run. They're big, they're strong, they're physical, they're hard to you know, get on the ground if you if you know it's you versus it's the linebacker versus they're more smaller safety versus them or something like that. But much like Richardson, the touch is not necessarily the accuracy needs to be worked on, so huge upside, but you know, the upside has to be I mean, it's not going to be achieved unless these coaches shot in high and Clayton Adams and they can get their hands on him and actually figure out what which switches to hit within him to achieve this.
Speaker 1: So for me, it's Anthony.
Speaker 2: Richards Anthony's probably a better runner, specifically, like he's probably a better straight up runner, speed, ad agility, that kind of thing. And then Milton's probably a better arm talent, so it kind of counteracts to each other a little bit, you know, like in terms of arm strength and throw power and that kind of great.
Speaker 5: I got one from this quarterback class. Oh, I think Joe Milton is a taller, less quick Jalen Milroe because Jalen Milroe can absolutely launch the football interesting, but he doesn't sometimes just doesn't have that touch. He's not as great in that short intermediate game. They've both got cannons of an arm in terms of what they can do with the deep ball. I think Milton's got the edge a little bit there, but then again he's kind of in his own class with that. And then I mean, Milroe's legs are what completely changes his game. But Milton can run too. I'm not saying that he's, you know, gonna break away from everybody on a yard touchdown. Every other play can hit you with that home run ability, but he's still more than mobile. And so I think that, you know, you look at these two guys and they they kind of remind me a lot of each other. Milton's obviously a little bit bigger, but they're both just so stocky in what they're able to. I mean, look at how Milro's built. His legs are tree trunk. He's built like a linebacker you can see in that film there. And like I said, what where Milroe changes the game is with his legs. But I mean, you just look at this clip right here. He's got that can of an arm. Obviously, I think Milton's got a little bit more rifle to his right, but we got to put the right clip up there. They're making me look bad here. But no, but but Milroe, I think since since his days of Tompkin High School is right here, that's exactly what his specialty is, right and I think Milton gives you that too. I think where Milroe is more accurate with that deep ball, whereas Milton can really just toss it up there and make it look effortless when he does that. But a lot of the same kind of traits in their games. And then this is where Milroe changes the game right here, because if he gets space, it's game over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I completely agree. I like your your your sentiment there. I think Milroe will be a probably a third round, fourth round guy, so even I mean if he goes before that, either way, the Cowboys aren't going to take him.
Speaker 5: I think he's going earlier.
Speaker 2: That's fair.
Speaker 5: He got a draft invite and accepted it. That's not the end all be all in terms of when he gets picked. But if he's a first round or a second round pick, don't be surprised. I think somebody's going to bank on his traits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's pretty wild.
Speaker 1: Alrighty all for it. By the way, Yeah, you're a big aft. The show is on Milion No. Three segments one, so it's one third about million.
Speaker 2: We're getting close to the running up on time. What else are we going to talk about, Well, we're going to tell you next on Talking Cowboys. We've got some other news and notes and some things to keep in note when we come back right after this.
Speaker 8: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee isle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some black rifle coffee.
Speaker 9: Today, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure.
Speaker 7: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. Seeatd dot com Slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 2: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five these skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy whipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 4: If you shout how about them cowboys?
Speaker 10: You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you are one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better. Yet, gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 4: The wins will be even tastier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 2: To Talking Cowboys all right. Back here on the Talking Cowboys podcast show presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. Of course, the official draft guide of the Dallas Cowboys is out now. We said it in the first segment. Here's the official read over five hundred prospects listed In this year's guide, you have feature stories about guys like Ashton, gent past Cowboys, and a whole lot more. Over five hundred and fifteen guys ranked. You got one hundred bios from this year's NFL draft. We are just over two weeks away. Don't waste any time. Get your digital or print copy today at dallascowboys dot com. Slash Star Bang Bang Bang. I was off the dome. By the way, there's no read here. Off the Dole magazine. Freestyle, that's Freestyle Bank Freestyle.
Speaker 1: It's like DVD.
Speaker 2: It's like I wrote the magazine or something. All right, let's we talked a lot about Joe Milton. Yes we did, because that's the biggest news of the week for the Cowboys. But I kind of want to go off of some of these these is on Dallas coowboys dot Com as well Decisions Decisions. There was a gentleman that had a mock draft Monday on Dallascowboys dot com. His name his name is Tommy Yarish. Stay, I know, so I'm gonna go through. I'm going to go through some of these listed mock drafts right that he's listed here, and I want you to give me a thumbs upper, a thumbs down, no grade system. Either it's good or it's bad. You like it or you don't like it. And we're going to go through kind of what each of these drafts analysis draft analysts think about their their possible draft pick. Let's start with one of the guys who's been doing it the longest, mel kiper Jr. Out of ESPN. Mel kiper Junior had the Cowboys taken a running back in the first round at twelve overall. But his name was not Ashton Gent. His name is Omarion Hampton, running back from North Carolina. Thumbs upper, thumbs down, pat.
Speaker 6: Thumbs up on the player, thumbs down on the value of that particular pick. No way, I'm taking Hampton at twelve. Yeah, I love him for it later, but not at twelve.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you think at twelve? At twelve?
Speaker 4: At twelve, I'm gonna give you that is right time, je.
Speaker 5: It was it was at twelve.
Speaker 2: There you go right back down there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thumbs down.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give it kind of the same thing as Patrick as thumbs up for the player. I love Mary Hampton. If he ends up being at forty four, I'm all for Boom. I don't think it's going to be a twelve overall pick. Twelve is tough, twelve is fairy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely no way at twelve. And that's nothing against Maria and Hampton think he's a great player. I've got guys above him. I think I'm a wady too lower on him than some other folks.
Speaker 1: Are.
Speaker 2: You have running backs above him?
Speaker 5: I have Caleb Johnson from Iowa above a lot of people do.
Speaker 2: I still have him as RB four, still a second round pick, but I have Henderson and Hampton above.
Speaker 5: Him, and I don't think Travion Henderson is that far behind Hampton in my I think I think Henderson is just a straight up home run hitter. And again, this running back class is so good that Hampton being RB four in that stack is not necessarily like, oh, this guy's a mid second round pick and he's not going to translate to much. I think he has an incredibly high ceiling in this league if he goes to the right scheme, and I think Dallas would work out great for him because he can play on three downs and he can give you everything you're looking for in the back. But at twelve, I think there's bigger needs and value better players on the board for Dallas at that spot.
Speaker 3: I do got to say, as the de facto webmaster of Dallas, cow Hampton has some of the best photos of any player in the draft.
Speaker 5: North Carolina's uniform niforms so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, best, So that moves his stock up for you. So makes some good at twelve would.
Speaker 4: Be it would make grid headline. I'll tell you right now, that center piece.
Speaker 2: First overall pick.
Speaker 5: And it's Tennessee tight.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you've ever been out to like Chapel Hill and like been out there. Trees and the triangle is what they call it with like Raleigh and Durham and and and I know you've been in that direction, the triangle. Yeah, but they like all of that. Like Chapel Hill is perfectly covered in that like baby blue it is. Oh, it's so clean, it's such a good look. Great basketball arena is all blue. It's just perfect.
Speaker 1: Then you go to Durham and you see that ugly blue.
Speaker 2: So you were happy on Saturday that Houston took care of business.
Speaker 6: Oh, absolutely, And they almost did it for me again last night.
Speaker 1: Just get this, get the shot.
Speaker 2: Off man shout out to the Florida Gators. But that was a heartbreaker, Houston. I'll shout out Florida. I'm trying to get some college basketball, all right. Bucky Brooks from NFL dot com, friend of the Draft Show and a relatively well known contributor to Dallas Cowboys dot Com. Bucky said, Armandmembu offensive linemen from Missouri offensive tackle more specifically, they're at twelve for the Cowboys. What do you think, Tommy on that one?
Speaker 5: It's an interesting one because I think you when you look at this offensive line, Brian Schottenheimer wants to put the best five out there. Do you feel like they have a five right now? That's fairly strong. You compete in a division where the line of scrimmage is so important. Yeah, that's up for the Cowboys to answer. I think they need the skill position players more than they need the trenches early in this draft, so I would go thumbs down. But Membu is a heck of a player. He's a heck of an athlete, and I think if you look at him at guards specifically, it's an intriguing option for the Cowboys. It would be the boring pick. But I don't I think I would rather if you had put Membu or Hampton in front of me, I would put I would take Membo.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna go thumbs down on this one.
Speaker 3: I feel the collective sigh from the Dallas Cow's Nation. To pick another first round offensive lineman in that spot, in a spot so high when you have a need for skill position, I think would be really tough. I guess my sort of first gut reaction to a pick like that would be like, that's great, you know, it would be nice to have. I mean, it sounds weird. I don't want another ring of honor guy that doesn't get a Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to win a super Bowl. I get it. Oh, like you want ring of honor guys that are gonna have rings exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: I mean, if you're picking the best guy that's going to be at his position, that's great. But give me a guy that's gonna win me some games. Dude, I think I need a skill position.
Speaker 6: If we were in an episode of Stranger Things and we were in the upside down and your thumbs up, but we're in the real world, so it's thumbs down. Because I'm taking I'm taking a skill position at twelve. I'm taking skill position because in order for you to convince me that this would be okay, I first need to know who went off the board first. Like, let's assume Gent is off the board. Is Ted also off the board? Teed McMillan, is he also.
Speaker 1: Off the board?
Speaker 6: If both are off the board, why are you still at twelve? Is my thought process. Bail out, move back a few picks, try to get that fourth, try to get some additional capital, and you know, still pick in the middle of the first round. But yeah, I don't look at it as and this is not a shot to Memble. I think that he can be something for real, but offensive tackle. You just spent a first round room guy and whatever you think about guy, and just know that the Cowboys are not gonna bail on him in year two after giving up a first round pick to get him. And then on the opposite side, I guess I'm of the few, the select few, that liked what they saw on the back end of the last season with Terrence Steele coming along. Yeah, So being that I like what I'm seeing with Terrence Steele, kind of getting back to form, and I know the Cowboys aren't moving off of Tyler Goutton in year or two of a first round pick from last year.
Speaker 1: Why are you sitting at twelve? I ten and Gentier going?
Speaker 6: And if neither of them are going, why is this year pick based on Bucky Brooks's Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's a good question because I think if you're taking an offensive lineman in the first round, you're bumping somebody. You're either bumping Terrence Steele, you're moving, Cooper Beebe, You're moving Tyler Goeyton, You're moving. You're not gonna move Tyler Smith. He's probably the one guy that a first round pick would not even move. And if I'm looking at Arman Membo as a possibility in the first round, I think you would have to move Tyler Smith if right, that would be the first thing you would probably think about. I'm not moving an all pro from the guards box. I'm not doing that. But I think Mimbu would probably fit best as a left guard or a left tackle. You already have a left tackle and Tyler Geiden that would be the one I would move if Mimbu's there. I still don't feel super confident about that though, because then I would have to swing him to right tackle, and then all of a sudden, terrence Steel's a question, and then the domino start falling. I'm gonna give a thumbs up for the player. I actually am of the mindset that he's not even gonna be there at twelve. I think somebody early in front of him takes him, and so the player is there and the value is there. If you're talking legitimate BPA, he would be a conversation because that's BPA, and then figure out the rest. If you're doing that, I'm not I'm not gonna be upset about it because you're taking a damn good football player. But I'm gonna say thumbs down just because of the fit. It's just kind of a weird scenario. And I'm kind of with you guys in the fact that it would take a lot for me to move around. I think if there was a spot where you could say, oh, don't worry, he's we don't have a left tackle, he's your left tackle, or oh don't worry, we don't have a right guard, he'll fit great at right guard, I think i'd feel more more opportune about it. I just think there's too many other moves that are gonna have to happen and happen to work for you in order to make the pick actually work out.
Speaker 3: Question though, is the second round too early for you guys for an offensive line period?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, no, I could take it, but I'm taking a right guard in that spot right or a center or somebody that I really like there, and then move bb out the guard and then you're feeling pretty good there. I don't think they're going to take an offensive lineman in the second But let's say like a Kelvin Banks from Texas falls or a Will Campbell from LSU somehow falls, then you can maybe have that comedy, you.
Speaker 5: Have the conversation, But I still think you need skill players.
Speaker 2: I agree, all right. Speaking of skilled players, how about Lance zer Lion, also from NFL dot Com. He usually has a pretty good beat on what the Cowboys are doing when they get closer to the draft. There's a little secret if you see his mock draft like week of the draft, keep an eye on and kind of bookmarket. Matthew Golden, wide receiver from Texas is who he had there. Tommy, I know you were down there at Texas Pro Day you feel like that's the right fit for the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: Fit twelve fit is the question because you can line Matthew Golden up outsigned. But if you look at him against a Tet McMillan, right, McMillan's got the size, he's got the catch radius, he's got the fifty to fifty ball ability. Whereas Golden, you're going to be saying, Okay, we're banking on you to win your routes, to outrun guys and get the fifty to fifty balls at a much less rate than you would if you're throwing Tet McMillan. But I think he's a savvy route runner. He gets open, he can blow past the guy, he can create separation. You saw what he was able to do at the combine running wise, he run one of the best forties I think, if not the best forty for a wide receiver. Really got the combine, and so back end of the season he was incredibly productive for Texas and the College Football Playoff, and so there's a lot like with Matthew Golden. I think though, if you've got Golden and McMillan both on the board, because of what McMillan gives you from a catch radius and fifty to fifty ball standpoint, because the Cowboys just need that big ex receiver. I feel like to compliment Seedee Lamb, that's the question. But Matthew Golden is a heck of a player and I think that if you paired him with Seedy Lamb a lot of good things would come from it. The question would be he can line up in the slot too. He line up in the slot to a lot of Texas. So where do you work Seeding Lamb into that? Because you've got to make sure that he is still the most prominent part of your offense. And so how does Matthew Golden compliment that? Is he better on the outside than in the slot? Do you feel like that's the question that the Cowboys would have to answer if they picked Matthew Golden. But he's a heck of a player and I think it would be a thumbs up pick for me.
Speaker 3: Is it more likely or less likely that Ted has gone before Golden?
Speaker 5: I would say it's more likely.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think that the media landscape, the media pundits in the draft are overthinking Ted McMillan a lot, and that's why he's sliding in these mock drafts.
Speaker 2: Teams aren't.
Speaker 5: I don't think teams are. I think he's that good of a player. And you can talk about the top end speed, whatever, You're not going to find an athlete like that at the receiver position anywhere else in this class. I mean, just what he's able to do in the air, it's really incredible. And he's just so acrobatic, can make any catch. You throw him any ball fifty to fifty and he's just a matchup nightmare.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So why is he falling?
Speaker 2: Do we know?
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying. I'm saying that just over he's falling in the in the draft world like of mock.
Speaker 4: Draft pundits are right dialogue.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he's if he's sliding that much from an NFL team standpoint, if he slides past I don't think so.
Speaker 2: If he slides past twelve, we ran through the simulation on the Draft Show and did our own little mock draft there. But if he slides past twelve in the Cowboys, thirteenth through nineteen is going to be interesting because those teams don't necessarily need wide receiver help right away. They don't need first round wide receiver help, and they've got a lot of other needs that they could possibly hit there. So if the Cowboys wanted to trade back, and we actually did in that scenario traded back to eighteen with the Seattle Seahawks, if you can find a dance partner to kind of trade in that area, you may still get Tech and feel pretty good about it. But he's got to get there to twelve first, like you got to see what's available there at twelve. And I think the Cowboys are so wide receiver hungry, I don't think they would play around with it. I think they would get a guy like Matthew Golden or Tech McMillan if he's there.
Speaker 5: And the other question too, you mentioned sliding. If he does slide, I think it's a question of, Okay, what are the teams in front of Dallas need? What are their positions of need? Right Like when you look at this sport, if we're looking for places where Tech McMillan could fall early on, I think if you look at New England and Travis Hunter and Abdul Carter are off the table, Okay, do you want to give Drake May his best receiving weapon yet or do you try to find your left tackle of the future there and a guy like Will Campbell. So that's the question with the Patriots, and you slide further down. Does do the Panthers want to give Bryce Young a solid wide receiver one option or do they want to go on the defensive side of the ball and bolster their pass rush. You could argue that New Orleans could be looking for a guy to complement Chris o'lave in that room. So there are questions as to whether or not a team in front of Dallas is going to look for that. I mean, even you can make the argument for San Francisco, given how how much it looks like they're going to pay Brock Purdy and they're kind of just selling everybody right now, is that a team that looks at him. So it's just an interesting argument of Okay, do you really need wide receiver early on? And do you bank on a guy like McMillan's talent or is he going to slide? Because frankly, teams just aren't really in need of a wide receiver even though this class is so loaded at the position.
Speaker 2: So you would you give it thumbs up or thumbs down?
Speaker 5: McMillan, no Golden thumbs up.
Speaker 2: Thumbs up for Golden quickly before we go to our second break.
Speaker 1: Thumbs up for the player, thumbs down taking them at twelve.
Speaker 4: Okay, thumbs down, trade down a little bit.
Speaker 1: You know, Golden is a trade back and get guy for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna go thumbs up. I think he's that good of a player.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: He'll be sorry.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna cut you up. I don't think if you trade back he's there.
Speaker 1: Depends on how far you're dancing.
Speaker 2: For dancing, you would have to dance fairly far.
Speaker 5: And this is definitely a guy that I could see somebody trading up to get. If somebody sees him that that highly is.
Speaker 2: Tit going, he could be.
Speaker 5: He very well could.
Speaker 1: If tit is going, then it changes because then you're getting instead of.
Speaker 6: White, and I'm at least willing to have the converse. I'm not going to say it changes, but let's talk about it.
Speaker 1: I think point if.
Speaker 5: Ted and genty are gone at twelve, you trade back.
Speaker 2: I think, right, That's what I'm saying, right, I think we're all in agreement.
Speaker 5: And McMillan and Golden at twelve, you pick McMillan.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, I have a freaking almost shout out.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Andrew. He actually pointed out I completely had a flub. I don't know why I said Membo was a left tackle.
Speaker 1: He's right.
Speaker 2: He's a right side play which in the magazine like it's it's in front of like I have it right here. He played right guard and right tackle. I don't know why hasn't had their That's on me. Yeah, sorry, I didn't get my black rifle coffee to kick in in time, so that's on me.
Speaker 1: What happened. Yes, we don't get oats in the morning anymore.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna I'm gonna change my answer on Membou because now that I'm of right sound in mind, I'm gonna say thumbs up, because he's gonna be a hell of a player, and he might be your right guard of the future. And then you don't have to move anybody around. You can have Cooper b b at center, you can have Terrence Steel at right tackle. You're gonna throw the ball to God, You're gonna You're gonna be just fine. They're gonna be figured. We're gonna figure it out in the second, figure it out in the second round, memboo falls give me a thumbs up. Well, change my answer. Thank you Andrew for pointing that out, because I don't know why I'm an idiot. All right, let's take our second break. When we come back, I've got two more names that were on these mock drafts that I want to get two thumbs up or thumbs down more of this. Right after this message from Talking Cowboy.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 7: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your areas. Heeeatt dot com Slash five G for U fifty deals.
Speaker 12: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, hater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf, the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 13: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas here, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramping cold. That's where Yetti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions, and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys, and we're going to overtime.
Speaker 2: Erica how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 11: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial Assistant in the Bank of America Mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com. Slash Erica by your side. Bank of America, Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses me very Digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Englis language. Your chap may be recorded and monitor for quality assurance, message data, RaSE and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 2: Back to Talking Cowboys. This segment is brought to you by in Line, the Official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys. You guys, smile at the camera. Tommy, there you go. Give us some nice pearly whites. Whites in vis a line, of course. Welcome back into Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, the official coffee of the Dallas Cowboys. Two more names to get to here on this mock draft Monday round up. That's the article. Find it online Dallas Cowboys dot com. I know it's a Tuesday, but we're still talking mock drafts.
Speaker 4: Actual black riffle coffee today.
Speaker 1: Is it? Yep?
Speaker 2: Good for you?
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: What's murdered out is the flavor. And it is as dark as night, very dark, no wonder you're having a great Yeah, what's darker than night?
Speaker 2: The dark knight? All right? Matt Miller ESPN says Tyler Warren tight end from Penn State, will be the Cowboys pick at twelve. This is probably the most wild card name that I've seen out of the the The article Patrick seems to agree, were taken as he set off Penn steak tight end, best tight end in the draft. A lot of people are are really high on him in the media circles. Not sure what teams think. I think the teams like him. Could be an impact tight end, could be brock Bowers, could be him. What say you? Tight end? Arguably stand though, but no not. I'm a Fergie stand I don't. I don't mind.
Speaker 1: You're a fan of potential, and I think you have.
Speaker 2: I think he'll have a bounce back here.
Speaker 6: He'll be fine, especially as long as Dak remains on the field, because I think that that's the key for Ferguson as well as for remaining I.
Speaker 2: Think Joe Milton throwing ninety five miles per hour down.
Speaker 6: But arguably the position that lead that needs the least amount of assistance in the draft. Right now, you're going to spend the twelfth overall pick on it. I could not hate that more and that's my So. Is that a double thumbs that's double thumbs down?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm right there, No, thank you. I love Tyler Warren as a prospect not here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 5: I think that he's he gives you a lot of versatility in the way you can use him just because he's a receiver in a tight end's body. I think is the way that I would put it, and that was kind of on display in his last year at Penn State. I think Penn statement a great highre with Andy Coldle Nicky as their offensive coordinator because he likes to put a bunch of fun wrinkles in his offense and have guys do a lot of different things. You remember his time at Kansas, That's when Jaylen Daniels was playing in his best I'm nerding out on college football too much. I'm sorry, but Tyler Warren they kind of just use as a Swiss Army knife. He lined up at quarterback, they played him at running back, they played him at wide receiver, they played him at ten end. They might as well play them at offensive tackle. This isn't a guy who's going to be the best inline blocker, but what he gives you from a receiving standpoint, I understand why people will say, oh, this could be brock Bowers. Brock Bowers is a unicorn. There's there's there's there's no one else like that. I look from the from the tight end.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to stir up kind I understand. I don't think he's going to be brock Bowers. Actually, I think he's a great value version of such. I think he's a good player, and he has a similar skill set, but he's not the same. And if you're going to take a first round tight end at twelve overall when you really don't need one, if we were sitting here and looking at our tight end position and saying, man, we don't have anybody here, which I think some Cowboys fans out there would probably say that, I don't. I think we saw some improvement from Schoonmaker. I think we saw a bad year from Jake Ferguson. Say it as it is, but you can't just replace him off of one year. You can't just replace a guy off of one year after he just went to the Pro Bowl two years ago.
Speaker 5: So I had been in quarterback. Are the two spots of twelve that i'd before, if they may hate it, So that's that's what thumbs down for me.
Speaker 4: Hey, Matt Miller more like mac Miller because I have hurt feelings.
Speaker 2: Over this page.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, our.
Speaker 3: Thumbs down terrible idea away with you get guards, guards removing from my presence.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The only other name that was on this list compiled by Tommy Yarish on Dallas Cowboys dot com, it was a number of tech McMillan possibilities. I think we're all in pretty much agreeance that that's a that's a thumb two thumbs up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's two thumb.
Speaker 2: Feel pretty good about the fit.
Speaker 6: I like the polarity on that you go from one that's obviously two thumbs down to a Tech McMillan, which is obviously a two thumbs up.
Speaker 2: It's almost like I had put it together there, almost like it's almost like I might not be structured at first rodeo. Yeah, it's like I'm hosting the show.
Speaker 1: You've been here much longer than memes.
Speaker 2: Watching the show. That's true. But yeah, no, I think we're all in agreeance that TET would be a favorite pick. Is there anybody book?
Speaker 3: Just write it down, it's over, I'm gonna update the website.
Speaker 4: Yeah, puff overall.
Speaker 2: Pick what number you're giving?
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know what's open? Uh?
Speaker 1: The ten?
Speaker 2: I'm giving them ten, ten, ten?
Speaker 1: Two? Sorry one giving them two?
Speaker 2: Did one?
Speaker 1: Ye?
Speaker 2: Take two from Jalen?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I didn't even see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's wild.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, he is willing to give it to a rookie though he I don't know if he's a business portion of the signing bone, you can't give him.
Speaker 2: Four can't can't take four away?
Speaker 4: Is a business decision?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would?
Speaker 6: I think he like so he did that absolutely so that you would have to come to him with a bag.
Speaker 1: Come on, Yeah, that's veteran move.
Speaker 2: That's positioning.
Speaker 4: Nice signing bonus. What size of those?
Speaker 1: What size of those? You get your size? Not your size, my size?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But yeah, anybody else ted McMillan, got it. Anybody else that you feel comfortable there at twelve.
Speaker 4: I've told you before I like Walter Nolan man. I really do that high on him. I really am that high on him.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you standing on the table.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen a ton of difficent tackle footage aside from Walter Nolan. But for obviously, what's his name, number one, Michigan. He's not going to be there, Mason Graham, Mason Graham, he won't be there, probably not, So give me Walter Nolan. I like him, and I like the interview that you guys did with him. He sounds like Micah in a way. It's like, yeah, put him next to each other, so it goes.
Speaker 2: You're standing on like one of those like school desks that are like kind of wobbly, but you're standing on the table. It's like Dead Poets Society. Yeah, I got you up there, like, oh, captain, my captain, and you're looking right at Walter Nolan, trying to trying to will this thing.
Speaker 4: And let's go, buddy. But you like the old mist defense. I like what he did.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, they were nasty. Let's go. That defensive film is nuts.
Speaker 5: It's crazy.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I am on a different table. My table is if Ted McMillan and Ashton Gentil going find a dance partner to bail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's where easier said than done.
Speaker 1: And say it was easy and say it was easy.
Speaker 2: I just said, you're probably gonna take it under pay. You're going to give somebody a discount on twelve. That's the just you got to come to fruition.
Speaker 1: Depends on what the discount is.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be probably a heavy discount because there's no quarterbacks to come.
Speaker 6: Shameless plug for previous week's episode, so check out last week's episode if you want to know some scenarios put out.
Speaker 1: There was a very fun game.
Speaker 6: There was one particular thing I'm not going to tell you because I want you to go priss play that was such an underpay that it was it was mildly gross.
Speaker 1: Ye, so underpays.
Speaker 6: I mean there are levels to underpay and discount. So if it's a mild discount, you know, fine, as long as it's not a full you know, discount, double check, then you know you can get it done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think if I'm with you in that Teed Gentier gone try and move back, and Walter Nolan as a prime candidate. I think if you move back as a guy who could be on the back table, I'm a big I'm a big Walter Nolan guy too. Look anything on the board for okay, anything, I feel like it's on the board in the first round except for tight ending quarterbacks. Right. I think that you look at this team and they've got just so many needs across the board that you could make an argument for just about anybody. But in terms of what it would what you would get for trading back, if you can stack some top one hundred picks, I think you're in a good spot. So even if it's at a discounted point and you swap first and maybe get a second and a third with it, maybe that's too high, or like a third or fourth he gets your fourth round pick back, I think you consider it if that's the best offer you've got, just because you need to stack as much top end talent as you can for this froster, right like you need to. This is a draft and developed team. They've set it over and over again. If you're gonna do that, you need to draft the best players that are up there and then you let Will McLay do what he's done in the past and make his money late in the rounds in Day three. So as far as other guys at twelve, you could talk me into jod A barn from Texas, the cornerback who can kind of play anywhere in the secondary. I think you could talk me into Luther Burden, the wide receiver from Missouri. You could talk me into Will Johnson, the corner from Michigan. So there's a lot of a lot of different pieces. And I think the wild card in the round one of this draft because just because I've been seeing buzz around him lately in terms of where they can play him, not Dallas specifically, just across the NFL is Johad Campbell from Alabama. Where does he fall? Is he a guy that a team is super sky high on and they're gonna take him the premium pick. I bet you he goes in the top twenty one hundred percent see it because I think he gives you that added element of the pass rushing ability. I think Johodd Campbell is what Jalen Walker, what people thought Jalen Walker would be at a linebacker spot because Johad Campbell can rush the pastor, but Walker is a better pass rusher. Yeah, so that's where it differs. And I'm not saying anything bad about Jalen Walkers. I like Jalen Walker a lot. I'm just saying people see him and say, Okay, well he's a linebacker. But I think Campbell covers more ground as a coverage linebacker and he can still blitz off the edge on third down, whereas Walker I think specializes at rushing the pastor and just needs to be more refined.
Speaker 1: I do agree.
Speaker 4: Do we assume Michael Williams will be gone at twelve?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No, no, I think there's and he's another one.
Speaker 6: I do not foresee him being going on twelve. I think that'll be a conversation. But going back to last week's episode, go and watch that. It was based on the scenario that Kyle position. That is why I said Mikel Williams at number twelve. But in the actual real world where I'm not boxed in by Kyle scenario. Sorry, I'm not taking Mikel Williams. I love him to dip, but I'm not taking him at number twelve.
Speaker 1: I'm a too rich and even he's one of my dog's best way too.
Speaker 2: Rich. I'm I'm of the thought process that if you can get the right type of compensation, trading back is a great option. I'm all for it, but I just I'm also telling everybody that just be prepared to not have a trade partner and to not have the correct compensation and overfa some problems either Yeah, all right, we gotta go here on the Draft Show or gosh darn it Draft Show coming up next, We've got Talking Cowboys next Tuesday. Be sure to get your Draft magazine and continue on as well, a couple weeks away from the NFL Draft. Glad you had some time with us this morning on Talking Cowboys for Patrick no C Walker, Jush Rodriguez, Tommy Yaris Chasmen Marshall in the back of Kyle Yoman saying so long from Talking Cowboys. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.