Speaker 1: Hello Sunshine, Hey fam Today on the bright side, it's Friday. You know what that means. We're popping off and dishing on all the biggest pop culture moments of the week, and today it's all about beauty and style because joining us today is People Magazine's beauty and style director Andrea Labenthal. It's Friday, June twenty eighth.
Speaker 2: I'm Simone Boyce, I'm Danielle Robe and this is the bright Side from Hello Sunshine.
Speaker 1: Danielle, Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: We made it Happy Friday. What a great week. I'm ready for the weekend, Simon, how about you?
Speaker 1: It was a beautiful week, so ready for the weekend, and I've got the perfect way to usher it in. We are going to pop off on all the week's beauty and style trends today. We're talking about a celebrities hack for plumping your lips, the natural way, the sunburned makeup trend that's taking over the internet, that one needs some explanation, and the bold approach to summer handbags hint hint might make you hungry.
Speaker 2: Okay, but before we talk trends, we want to spotlight our favorite moment of the week. Brought to you by our friends at BMW.
Speaker 1: Yes, the spotlight of the week is going to a woman who is giving us eternal sunshine. We want to give a big birthday shout out to miss Ariana Grande.
Speaker 2: Ooh more life. She turned thirty one on Wednesday, and to celebrate, she gave us a little throwback video on Instagram of her singing as a kid. So in this really adorable video, she must be like two or three years old, and she's prancing around in what looks like it could be the entrance to her house, and she's showing off that signature Ariana belting. She's even doing the hand jive movement from Grease.
Speaker 1: This video is so cute. If you haven't seen it, you got to go check it out. And a lot of other celebrities are joining in the celebration of this viral moment too. Our own Reese Witherspoon commented, oh yes, please never lose this energy, and Ariana Grande's costar from the upcoming Wicked film, Cynthia Revo, said, happy birthday, my sweet sister. I love their dynamic total friendship goals between Cynthia and Ariana.
Speaker 2: Yes, I totally agree. She's getting ready for the release of the brand new Wicked movie out this fall, and Ari has had quite the year. She released new music and some really dope music videos to go along with it. Her teens in her twenties are full of major milestones. I can't wait to see what Ari does in her thirties.
Speaker 1: I mean, Danielle, your mom did tell us that you are an unclaimed pop star. I mean she confirmed this on the show when we talked to her on Mother's Day. So where are your singing videos? Huh? Where are they?
Speaker 2: First of all, her word was unclaimed. My word has failed. Those videos are buried deep in the basement. They will never see the light of day. You're just gonna have to keep watching Ariana's videos instead. They are much better. So happy birthday, Ari.
Speaker 1: All right, y'all, it's time to pop off officially, so let's bring in Andrea Lavinhal. She's the beauty and style director at People Magazine, a suburban mom of two, and an overall good time girlye. Andrea, Welcome to the bright Side. Welcome Andrea, Thank you for having me so, Andrea, you have been at People for over a decade.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: You do interviews, you write and edit stories, you wear many hats. You even test beauty products as well. I do so in your time at people, is there a trend that has completely captured you, that has gotten you in a choke hold, or maybe one that you're happy to see go?
Speaker 3: Oh god.
Speaker 4: I feel like there's so many celebrity beauty trends that like come and go, especially ones we see on TikTok. Right now, we can talk about some trends I'm loving. I'm loving that everybody's wearing linen vest sets. I don't know if you guys have been seeing this. We just covered it in the magazine, and I said, it kind of makes me feel like everyone has like a business meeting on a yacht. It's that like I have some paperwork to sign, but it's in the Amalfi Coast, and I like that.
Speaker 2: I like that too. Would you wear one?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I wore one the other day in front of all my Greenwich mom friends and I was like, does anyone have any paperwork for me to sign? I'll sit on a raft in the pool.
Speaker 1: Just like.
Speaker 3: But it's a very wearable trend.
Speaker 4: So I like things when I see celebrities wearing things that like real people can and should wear, because that's not always the case.
Speaker 1: As the beauty and style director at People Magazine, I imagine you do have to keep an eye out for accessibility, oh yeah, and relatability, you know, because you want to keep your audience in mind. So what is the people formula to identifying a trend or trend setters?
Speaker 4: So a celebrity trend, I say it comes in threes, like deaths, right, Like if three celebrities cut bangs, we have a trend on our heads. Oh if three celebrities wear a striped button down shirt, which recently happened, we have a trend, you know, like we the season it's happening. But then again, like you said, like what is the trend for our reader? So I just use myself Basically, I feel like I am the reader. My friends people I know, would I tell them to wear that? If I saw them at back to school night wearing that? Would I think they've lost their minds? Or would it be like she looks great? You know, it's it's something that like we have to wear in our real lives as grown women.
Speaker 2: Do trends start with the celebrity or is it if we backtrack a little bit, is it their stylist, or is it even one step further the designers who send things down the runway the season before. I can't ever pinpoint who starts these things.
Speaker 3: That's a really good question.
Speaker 4: I would say, I'm always going to just invoke double Warus Prada, the Cerulean blue speech of it all. I do think it starts mostly with the designers, because those are the clothes that we see celebrities wear before the rest of us have any access to them. But then to your point, it's how the stylists style them and who they're putting them on that matters. So you know when you saw that Valentino saturated Valentino pink happen, that started on the runway and then you saw like Anne Hathaway and a million other celebrities wearing it, and then we all were wearing pink.
Speaker 3: For a while.
Speaker 2: Well, we think that you are so funny. We were looking at your Instagram and you do this series called Supermarket Conversations, So you basically start with something like Chris at Trader Joe's. It feels like some are out there, and then you'll launch into this mini op ed and it's so hilarious. What was the inspiration behind these.
Speaker 4: I think that it was during COVID that I posted the first version of this. I think I was like kind of losing my mind. There wasn't a lot of interpersonal chitchat right, Like you were missing that day to day chitchat. And as someone who loves to talk and talks two people and then immediately regrets what I said, like I didn't have that. So when you could go to a supermarket or a CVS or whatever, I was so desperate for small talk. In my I would start saying things, but then in my head, I'd also have all these things going. And I always joke that my Instagram's like a diary. I'm like begging everyone to read, as opposed to putting a on it and being like keep out. And then people would be like, oh my god, this is like how I think. Like so many people are like I think, like this weird stream of consciousness and some of those things I do say.
Speaker 3: Summer in my.
Speaker 2: Head, Andrea, tell us what's on your radar right now.
Speaker 4: Other than linen vest sets, which become my whole personality this summer exactly.
Speaker 2: Well, at least through this week. Trends cycle through very quickly nowadays.
Speaker 4: They do, and I'm like worried that come fall, I'm going to have this like closet of like breezy linen sets that never see the light of day again. I also, you know, I didn't mean to start something, but I think I did when I think I posted on Instagram that I'm concerned about the future of mesh flats. They have like taken over the feet of women across the country. Where you guys stand on this, please as too like plugged in very like on trend women, Where do you stand?
Speaker 2: I am not a trends person usually, like I like stuff that kind of withstands moments in time. I like the mesh flats. I do almost bought a pair. I really really like them. I think they're cool looking. I just am not usually a flat girl because I'm five to one, so I'm debating whether or not I can rocket.
Speaker 1: What I like about this new era of mesh flats is that it feels like an elevated rebirth of the mesh flats that I grew up with as a millennial, which were the ones that you bought at the beauty store. Yes, were you know, very lightweight, very cheaply made, and they were like foush. They were like four bucks. You could get a multi pack, different colors. They had the little clusters of sequin flowers.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, yes, you got an appliquet on them, but now.
Speaker 1: You know we've got options. They are beautiful braided flats. I have my eye on this pair of frey to Salvador flats. They're really cute.
Speaker 2: Who is not the first time that Simone has brought up the freight of Salvador flats. I can tell you really want them.
Speaker 1: I need to just get them. I don't know what I'm waiting for, but yeah, I'm here for it. I'm here for the new version of the mesh flat.
Speaker 4: So I you know, they came out like last year you saw the high Fashion the Row. They were alaya like you were seeing these very expensive versions of sheer shoes, and then every brand started like producing them, and this summer they're inescapable.
Speaker 3: But I was like, I'm worried about their future.
Speaker 4: I don't know that they have lung jevity, and I'm worried that again comes September, We're going to look back on our mesh flat moment and really be concerned. Like, look, back at trends, you were like handkerchief tops and low rise gens, but even sooner like this one has like a three month window right now.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, even though I feel like we started, I'm just going to reiterate that we are going to pop off today. And so we're talking summer fashion trends, and every summer it seems like there's something specific. I remember last summer we saw the rise in baggy clothes, and I remember it because I loved it. I love baggy clothes, which is probably how I don't dress for men. But this year we're seeing high wasted pants and cottage core and making news about summer fashion this week is Chrissy Teagan, who I think it's actually Chrissy Tigan, but it's forever Chrissy Tegan in my mind.
Speaker 1: I can.
Speaker 2: She told People magazine that at thirty eight years old, she's focused on dressing in a way that matches her maturity, and she says, quote keeping things chic. But here's what's out to me. She said she's been reflecting on where she buys her clothes lately and questioning if certain things are too young for her. Now, I sort of felt like a way about this when I read it, because I don't know if there's such a thing as dressing for your age. I think that's kind of an antiquated thought.
Speaker 3: Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I mean personally, I was surprised to hear her at her age feel that she has aged out of certain brands or websites or whatever. I thought that that was an antiquated thing, like miniskirts forever. You know, bikinis till death totally, it's an official motto bikini's till death, especially when you're.
Speaker 3: Chrissy Teague and Tigan.
Speaker 4: Yes, where it all, but I do understand having that moment of pause. So we go to a lot of theme parties here in Greenwich. It's another conversation for a different popping off, I suppose. And the dress for a recent fortieth I went to was to wear the thing in your closet that you wanted to wear but it's weird, which is a very long and vague dress code. I chose a cutout bodysuit with a chain tie neck that I purchased on the real reel, meant to return, missed the return window and had to live with.
Speaker 3: So I'm like that's my item.
Speaker 4: I went to dinner beforehand with my husband in said bodysuit, and he just kept looking at me and not in the way like wow, you look good, but like a little like is everything okay?
Speaker 3: And I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: I felt like I was his secret girlfriend having dinner with the husband. It didn't feel like it went with my age, my vibe, but I wore it.
Speaker 3: I'll never wear it again.
Speaker 4: So while I said one thing about there is no such thing as dressing for age, I do think you come to a point where certain things maybe aren't.
Speaker 3: They don't feel like you and you don't feel like them.
Speaker 2: But is that style or is that age?
Speaker 4: I don't know if any forty four year olds Mom and Greenwach should be wearing the bodysuit I was wearing, So.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go put both or that one.
Speaker 1: We had Rachel Zoe on the show and she said that she doesn't believe that there's any such thing as dressing for your age. I do think generally speaking that's true. I mean, I'm thirty six years old. I'm wearing a crop top right now. I'm not going to stop wearing crops should and high waisted pants. I will always love that combination. However, will you find me in your local Brandy Melville No. Will you find me in urban outfitters buying something that's not in the home to course section. No, because I just know that I have aged out of certain stores for the most part. Maybe there are exceptions. So I think it's more about being selective and curating where you're shopping from. I think you can do that with like maturity and elegance and grace, And I also think that you can adapt some of the trends that are being worn by a younger generation and just like make it work for your body. I think at the end of the day, it's about your body more than anything else. Your body, your confidence, and your vibe. Yeah, I mean, I agree with you. But what's funny is, as I was like nodding, I'm like, yeah, she's so right. I'm like, I was just wearing a set, like a matching set. Apparently this is all I do at the beach, and this other mom was like, oh my god, that's so cute as a jay cribin. I was like, it's from Airy, So like if you go into Airy, like it's you and the Sephora tweens right, like when they're not like ransacking Sephora, they're in there buying. But they have the best like poolside beachside matching sets, and they're so affordable that I love finding stuff like that at those stores.
Speaker 4: Abercrombie. I never wear Abercrombie. The first time around. They weren't speaking to me. They didn't want me in those genes. Now they've got some really cute stuff. So it's like here I am, all of a sudden, in my forties wearing Abercrombie.
Speaker 3: Very odd. Never saw that coming.
Speaker 2: First of all, Andrea, I love that you mentioned Airy. I wear a ton of Airy. I love their clothes so cute, so cute, and so soft and comfortable. But here's what has happened to me. As I've gotten older, I wear more clothes. And it's not like a decision based on my age. It's that I think I've learned that more clothes is chicer. Like when I was in college, I wore I was so naked. I wore like body con dresses and high heels. I dressed like Snookie Like I was like, I thought that was cool, Like that bodysuit you're talking about eighteen year old Danielle would have loved that body suit.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna hit pause on popping off and go to a quick break, but we'll be right back. Don't go anywhere. We're back talking beauty and style trends with People's Andrea Labenthal. Okay, Danielle, I think our next fashion trend might be right up your alley because your sweet Midwestern self has said that Ketchup can go with just about everything they can. I need to find out whether you think that holds true when it comes to a handbag. Are we familiar with condiment cotur.
Speaker 2: Ladies, I'm not tell me about this.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me educate you. So, Hines Ketchup is partnering with Kate Spade and releasing limited edition Heines Ketchup clothing, which they say their marketing department says is just in time for the New York summer barbecue season. So let me paint a picture for you. This isn't just red clothing. These are actual clothing items with the Hines logo on it. The collection includes purses that look exactly like those white ketchup packets that you will find at McDonald's. They even have a little bit of red fake ketchup coming out the side, and there's a chain that allows you to actually turn this aesthetic into a purse and wear it across your body. There are actually loafers with ketchup packets adorned on them, because everyone needs those in their closet. It's got the tote, We've got the clutch, We've got like the other clutch. We have options. There's a white cross body purse with a three D design of ketchup spilling out of the torn packet. There's a tomato red tote with the Hindz logo complete with tear here ketchup packet details. Andrea, what do we think? Are we about to see this at themed parties across Greenwich, Connecticut?
Speaker 4: So the Katesby team pitched this to me h for coverage, and I am not gonna lie. At first, I was like, this felt like one of those silly brands like April Foles moments, because brands have done that where they're like, yes, it's a lip bomb, but now it's ranch flavored, and you're like real fake I don't know, but no, it's very real. And I had to remind myself I was coming from a very anti ketchup standpoint, and that is an unpopular opinion. I have been accused of being a communist in my household for not liking ketchup. I don't like the smell, I don't like the taste. I don't like anything about it. So when I get a ketchup forward pitch like this, this is a tough one for me to put on my journalist a objective hat, right, because it's an automatic no.
Speaker 1: I think maybe the larger question here is, Danielle, how do you feel about kitchy food and BEV images on purses, on accessories? Is it ready for the club or for the dinner party? What do we think personally?
Speaker 2: A hard no, it's not my style. I'm like, I like everything that's sort of like minimalistic, and i'd say like a little bit timeless. It's tough for me to have kitchy anything. What I will say is the stats are against me because these collabs do really well. They're incredibly profitable, like we've seen dunkin Donuts inspired makeup.
Speaker 4: I actually went into TikTok to check out some gals who had purchased Yes, I love including you know, the cross body guys. With the aforementioned swiggle of ketchup. It's three hundred and ninety eight dollars. So we're not talking like, you know, a casual tote here. The tote bag is three seventy. The girls who have purchased this on TikTok one said she needed this more than she needs air. There are super fans among us, whether they are Kate Spade super fans or ketchup. I didn't get that deep, but they they are so excited about this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there is that's an audience.
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, there's a bookstore in New York called the Strand Bookstore, and there's a Bottega bag that they made with in collaboration with the Strand Bookstore that I cannot afford, and yet I look at it on eBay, I'd say twice a year. So like, there are certain collabs that I'm here for. I guess Hines is just not my thing. Okay, while we're on the topic of food and Hathaway, she's a little bit of a hacker. Do you guys remember a few years ago when she did that thing with the cupcake on the Kelly Clarkson Show.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, it was genius.
Speaker 2: She changed the way I eat cupcakes. She basically cut it in half. She cuts the top off and flips it over so that the frosting is in the middle, and she almost makes like a mud pie like cupcake thing.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 2: Now she's giving us another hack, and I want us to try it to see if we like it as much as this cupcake one. It's reminiscent of when people put Snapple bottles like their lips and Snapple bottles to get the Kylie Jenner lip.
Speaker 4: It's as if she doesn't know that like lip plumpers exist or other things. This feels like we're living in like the Bridger Tin downtin Abbey era and like all we have is a hairpin, or we're in prison.
Speaker 1: We love a Victorian beauty experiment. I actually like that. She's, you know, presenting another option to injectables because maybe they're not for everybody. And this is this is half the price.
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: So we're all poking. Okay, okay, So we're poking to stimulate blood flow.
Speaker 1: So here's what you do. You grab your hair pin and you take the pointy side and you just kind of massage and gently poke. I guess it's around where your skin actually meets the lip tissue.
Speaker 3: I just hope I don't poke the filler out of my lift.
Speaker 2: It's just a tiny I have to tell you. This does not feel good and I'm not sure it's working.
Speaker 1: You know, I have a great idea. We could just buy a lip plumping lip gloss.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. This feels very prison Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna stick with her cupcake hac over this one. This one's not for me.
Speaker 3: I vote no.
Speaker 4: How about you, guys, I think you could get a better If you want something that's like a Households mcg ivory item, I would take like a very soft toothbrush to stimulate the blood flow to your lips.
Speaker 2: That's a way better idea. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've seen the first generation of lip plumpers, which contains either peppermint oil or cinnamon to irritate your lip tissue. So while yes, your lips were plumper looking, they also were on fire. And now they use like hyaluronic acid and other like plumping ingredients that are more gentle.
Speaker 3: This is just like this is like medieval.
Speaker 1: Speaking of medieval, presentations of the body. I've got another trend that we need to discuss. So this is another People pop off. Andrea. People Magazine says more celebrities have been leaning towards going natural with body hair and skipping on grooming, and this is actually something that I've heard about for a little while. Now Here are some of the celebrities who are calling this a vibe. Emma Corn, who played the young Princess Diana from The Crown. She says she's showing off her grown out arm hair on the cover of the June July issue of Harper's Bizarre Models. Ashley Graham, Emily Radikowski, and musicians Madonna and Halsey were also noted as being fans of letting it all grow out in the past. So I think that this is definitely a rejection of some of the beauty standards that women have been held to. You know, we are expected to always be perfectly groomed, perfectly manicured, like naked mole rats, not have any hair on our bodies at all, And these women are saying, you know what, I'm tired of doing that and I'm gonna let it grow out. I support it. I think that everybody's got to do what you want to do. It makes you feel good. I will say that as a mom who doesn't always have a lot of time to do in everything, shower, sometimes the leg hair it gets a little long. Okay, you know, sometimes the body hair gets a little long, because that's just not the most important thing in my life. You know, I have other priorities.
Speaker 2: Leg hair is different from armpit hair, though, or like I suffer from a mustache and like, I'm not letting that grow. I've seen some women who do, like, and you are totally right to each their own because part of beauty and trends. You know, we're joking about all this, but at the core of it is really that they make you feel good and are an expression of who you are. And so if growing out your body hair is an expression of you, then all the power to you. But it is not for me. I am a naked mole rat kind of girly.
Speaker 3: I think that.
Speaker 4: It's great that you like the mustache of it all. Like, yeah, I think that that's very brave to share names. You want to say like none of us are hairless, or as you get older, I will tell you as.
Speaker 3: Somebody a little bit older than you.
Speaker 4: You will find hair in places that you didn't know it was possible, like water in a desert.
Speaker 3: Who knew?
Speaker 2: Is it the random chin hair for you?
Speaker 1: Because chin?
Speaker 3: Forget it?
Speaker 4: I mean, I tell everyone keep a tweezer in your car because there is no better light than the pickup line light. And if you see another mom picking her chin hair, you wave to her and you salute her for her work. Okay, you never feel embarrassed. You empower each other to get that hair while you can. But body hair under arm legs wherever you want it to grow, sure, personal choice, Let it grow whatever you want to do.
Speaker 1: Whenever we start to question these universally held beauty standards, I always think it's interesting to go back in time a little bit and look through the history and see when they really became widely accepted. So I thought this was interesting. Back in the nineteen hundreds, most women didn't really care about having body hair under their armpits or on their legs. But then advertisers really started to make a big deal out of it and started to draw attention to hair in our armpits in about nineteen fifteen, and then by the nineteen fifties, having clean shaven legs became very normal and mainstream. So you know, everybody adopts these standards for different reasons. But I always think it's interesting to figure out, Okay, why are we doing this? Was there a big marketing push behind this? Was there big hair removal behind this?
Speaker 2: So I got laser hair removal because of capitalism, that's what you're telling me.
Speaker 4: Yes, Because some men in a boardroom in the nineteen fifties it was like, you know what, what can we get women to spend money on?
Speaker 3: Next?
Speaker 4: Right, Like, let's tell them they're hideous, willed debeasts and see if we can get them to remove nearly all their body hair. And as somebody who moved to New York City at the height of the Brazilian bikini wax and completely bear and J's sisters and all of that, Like that.
Speaker 3: Was the vibe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean when I tell you I've been towards some stuff in places I don't think you should.
Speaker 2: Andrea, we are having so much fun with you, but we need to take a quick break. Stick with us, and we're back to pop an off with Andrea Labenthal. Okay, last one for everybody. There's this new makeup trend surging across TikTok. It's called this sunburn makeup trend. So basically, you use exaggerated highlights around your eyes and heavier blush on your cheeks, so it gives the impression that you've been out in the sun. But some of the extreme versions look like you have that raccoon I when you have your sunglasses on and you get a little burned. I also call it like the skiing I you know, like your goggle tan. But the more subtle version of this I actually think is really cute. It just gives your cheeks that extra glow. I've seen celebs like Sabrina Carpenter get on board with this. Have you tried this?
Speaker 4: So I was very intrigued, and I get sent a ton of beauty products because it's my job to test them. So I grabbed the appropriately named E Cosmetics sun Blush.
Speaker 3: It's new.
Speaker 4: I got in there, I went like double down way more than I would put and I have to say, I think it looks really cute. It made it reminded me like blush makes you look good, like healthy, you know, brings some brightness and extra blush never a bad thing.
Speaker 3: Now when you start to go into like.
Speaker 4: I fell asleep, you know, in the sun at the beach territory, it's not as.
Speaker 3: Cute, but like a little bit of a flush.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I like it. This is so funny to me because everything that's old is new again for me. This is one of the beauty trends that I grew up seeing in magazines. I feel like the Victoria's Secret models of the nineties really popular as this look like Giselle Boonchin, Tyra Banks. I mean, they all were doing those editorials on the beach where their skin was super glowy and they had a lot of blush under their eyes. And I think the trick is you have to continue it over the bridge of the nose, so it's almost like you're doing a stripe on the yes from temple to temple. There's there's this other trend too right now in terms of blush called sunset blush, and it's where you create a gradient effect by blending two different shades of blush, like a peach and a pink, so that you get this ombre as you swipe the blush up on your face.
Speaker 2: It's true artistry, guys. This is like painters using colors. That's a lot of work for me. I don't know, but I do like the first one I like. I agree with Andrew. I feel like it just gives you. She's still nobody comes still blushing. She's been putting on blush for the last two minutes, so you obviously like it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: I was trying to think, like, with all this blush, who do I look like? And then Simone said Giselle and I was like, exactly, yes, now I look like her? But I do I have to say I'm inspired. I would like do this more often. It's a reminder to put on more blush when it's out, just a bit more, just a bit, however you look at it, sunburn blush is better than a sunburn.
Speaker 1: So I think this is a healthier trend for us to be aiming for. I will say, in terms of creating a glowy summer face, I got my makeup done for an event the other day with my friend Ray Dawn, who's been doing my makeup for years, and she showed me this hack that changed the game for me. She put on liquid highlighter underneath the foundation and then put the foundation on top contour everything, but it gave me this subtle all overglow. I don't know, maybe every one's been doing this for a while, but I just put two and two together and I really like the way that it looked.
Speaker 3: That is what we call in the biz, a lit from within glow.
Speaker 1: Thank you and wonderful. There's a name for it.
Speaker 4: I mean, every again thanks to the TikTok and our appetite for trends. Next week it's going to be put the illuminator over, under, inside, outside, all around.
Speaker 3: Dad stands up.
Speaker 2: I thought that was called underpainting because Mary Phillips really made that popular.
Speaker 4: Underpainting has to do also with like doing your contour and your concealer underneath your foundation.
Speaker 3: I have never been able to master that. I blame it on my children.
Speaker 4: You need time, you need patients, you need to be alone, and as Simone knows, it's not happening.
Speaker 1: I need the ten minute beauty trend TikTok. Send me your ten minute beauty tips, because that's all I have. Yeah, Andrea, I just had an idea. We did a segment on our favorite drugstore beauty proput okay quick before we go, could you share what your favorites are because maybe Danielle and I need to add those to her shopping cart. Okay.
Speaker 4: Number one and the most boring but longest standing is Dove body wash. I ride or die for Dove body Wash. Nothing smells better, nothing leaves my skin softer. Drugstore Mescara all the way. If I'm buying with my own money, I'm buying any Loreal Paris any Maybelein Mescara. I'm not spending money on a big, expensive, fancish, fancy Mescara. Maybelein Age Rewinds Concealer one of the best I've ever used. It has this like little foam spongy applicator. I don't know what it is. It's like very creamy, it's easy to blend. I've been using it for years. It's one of my absolute faves. So I think that's that's most of it. But I think drugstore beauty products are like just as good sometimes if not better than the really expensive stuff.
Speaker 2: Andrea, thanks for popping off with us today. This was so much fun. Thank you guys.
Speaker 4: And really, I'm so glad that I discovered this blush trend because the Giselle and me really needed it.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, I agree, I think you're going to be blushing for the next few hours.
Speaker 1: I think I do.
Speaker 2: Andrea Laventhal is the beauty and style director at People Magazine. You can find her at Andy LAVs on Instagram. That's it for today's show. On Monday, Clia Sharer and Joanna Teplin of The Home Edit are here to brighten up our lives and our homes with their friendship and organizing tips. You don't want to miss this episode. Listen and follow The bright Side on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts. The bright Side is a production of Hello Sunshine and iHeart Podcasts and is executive produced by Reese Witherspoon.
Speaker 1: Production by Arcana Audio. Courtney Gilbert is our associate producer. Jessica Wank is our producer. Our senior producers are Janie Yamoka, It'zi Kin Pania, and Amy Padula. Our engineer is PJ. Shahamutt.
Speaker 2: Ar Cona's executive producers are Francis Harlowe and Abby Ruzka. Arcana's head of production is Matt Schultz.
Speaker 1: Natalie Tulluk and Maureen Polo are the executive producers for Hello Sunshine.
Speaker 2: Julia Weaver is the supervising producer, and Ali Perry is the executive producer for iHeart Podcasts. Tim Palazzola is our showrunner. This week's episodes were recorded by Graham Gibson, Carl Catel, Jessica Crinchitch Bahied Fraser.
Speaker 1: Our theme song is by Anna Stump and Hamilton.
Speaker 2: Lighthauser special thanks to Connell Byrne and Will Pearson.
Speaker 1: I'm Simone Boyce. You can find me at Simone Voice on Instagram and TikTok.
Speaker 2: And I'm Danielle Robey on Instagram and TikTok. That's r b A.
Speaker 1: Y see you Monday. Keep looking on the bright side, y'all.