Speaker 1: My guest.
Speaker 2: Today's actress Tiffany Theeson. Her roles as Kelly Kapowski on Saved by the Bell where I was a PA by the Way, and Valerie Malone on Beverly Hill's nine oh two one Oho made her a teen idol. But these days, Tiffany is cooking up a storm on TikTok and her second cookbook, Here We Go Again, comes out September twenty sixth. This is just be with Tiffany Theeson. Let's get into it. Hi, Hi, I haven't seen you, and we're not. I guess we're not even allowed to talk about where we met, but we we met. It's so weird on a show that I was a PA on years ago on the beach and I met Tiffany during the summer when you were a.
Speaker 1: Kid, and we're talking about we're still chill.
Speaker 2: You're well, you're younger than I am, which doesn't seem as different now, but then you were. You seem like a kid because it was where I think I met you, and I was when do you when did one graduate college?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: If you really did go to college, I guess what twenty two? Right?
Speaker 2: So I guess twenty two? Yeah, yeah, Okay, So I met you when you were a kid, and I met your I remember your.
Speaker 1: Mom, and you were I just I can't believe how long ago that was.
Speaker 2: I met you, Mario Lopez, Elizabeth everyone, And now I've come across your paths so many times in modern adult life. And so now you're kind of like a sort of a chef. You have cookbooks and you're it's it's like a not a reinvention, but it's definitely a layer in addition to.
Speaker 3: I think you more than anybody can talk about that, you know, right, I mean, as women and as we do get older, and I think times are changing, we're constantly having to reinvent ourselves all the time.
Speaker 2: Well, it feels like you want, like, not like you have to. Like, you enjoy it, you like it, You're liking these new sort of like. I don't get the sense that you feel like you have to reinvent. I get the sense that you are just exploring other aspects of yourself because your previous life was one dimensional, linear, and now you've got all these things you get to do and be whatever you want.
Speaker 3: You're right, I mean, I'm very lucky to get to do things that I enjoy and make a living out of you know. So that's definitely something to be said right there. But I would agree that it was much more linear when I was younger, because it was like the focus and everything was put onto acting and all that, but food was always a side passion. I just didn't think that, especially at a young age, that I could make a living out of it, you know, like that's the thing. But I do believe as you get older that it is important to show other aspects of yours or passions or loves because it's it grows you as a person. But also, you know, I think it's important to show different sides of yourself. Again, I'm very lucky to say that I can do that as a career.
Speaker 2: You know, well, what do your kids think you are if they're talking to their friends, like what does your mom do? Because I'm sure they see you on TikTok.
Speaker 1: And well it's different.
Speaker 3: My kids are both they're five years apart, so they're very vastly different in the way they see the world and how they're going through school. And so I have a teenager and I have, you know, a young eight year old.
Speaker 1: My eight year.
Speaker 3: Old has grown up where he never watched my shows, so he always only saw that I was doing cooking. He says, he goes, Mom, you're a cooker. That's what you do for a living, a cooker.
Speaker 1: That's so funny, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Or now he calls it, that's what he used to say when he was little.
Speaker 3: I mean, he knows, you know, he's better at his English now, but but you know, he's like, you know, you show people how to cook.
Speaker 1: And I was like, yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: I kind of do I inspire people, you know, That's what I tell him. But when he was little, it was like, you're a cooker. My daughter was on set with me and since a very very young age. That was a show that I was actually shooting in New York City, and so she was like a set baby, so she totally saw me as an actress. So she always knew and then my past as she's gotten older, she's watched a lot of those shows now because she's thirteen, and so she sees that that was my you know, my sort of bigger career in what I've done my.
Speaker 2: Whole life, and what do you think the path will hold? Like, where do you do you see yourself? Doing both, Like where do you see yourself? What road going on?
Speaker 1: Both roads?
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I've been able to be a I've been very fortunate to be able to do both. No one's working right now, right, Nor are my friends who are stylist and wardrobe stylist and krum and makeup and all that kind of stuff. So no one's working right now. But but no, it's my first love. I mean, it's it's it's kind of like your first child, right, It's it's sort of that that sort of very precious, sacred career that I have a lot of, uh a lot of love and respect for and I still enjoy it. And the fact that I've been able to sort of continue and do many different roles as I was, you know, starting at a young adult and teenager. Up until the last one I was playing a mom, which you know, my daughter loved that show. Like, you know, it's it's cool to say that I'm still doing it. But again, like, no one's doing it right now, So I hope you can all, you know, go back.
Speaker 2: But do you feel well, do you feel anxiety about it? I mean, thank god you have something else that you do, but you definitely didn't think that was going to be the key.
Speaker 3: So I think because I have something else, another outlet, another sort of area that I love and I do make, you know, I can, I can make and pay the bills from that, I don't have as much pressure, if that makes sense, Like I don't have to take roles that I may not want to take roles, and I can be I feel like I can be a little more picky, and I have been for a while. So you've been picky.
Speaker 2: Even before you've been pit you were picky, and now this is like an.
Speaker 3: I wasn't always picky, but I feel like as I've gotten older, I can be picky to a certain degree, right because I have other areas and you've worked.
Speaker 2: That's me now, Like I really can say I don't do anything I don't want to do, but you're also fit two years old.
Speaker 3: I feel I feel like that in everything in my life. I say I say that about friends. I'm like, I'm not gonna be with.
Speaker 2: Friends same like, same same, and I'm not gonna eat things I don't like and I'm not gonna Yeah, you get that way, which is why it's interesting people who stay single, it's harder for them to get into relationships older because you get set in your ways. There are just things that you will like dig your heels in on and and I don't think that that's spoiled or entitled. It's it's it's definitely fortunate.
Speaker 3: And just know yourself and you know what you want, and you know what you stand for, and you know what works for you. I mean, there's many reasons why you're like that.
Speaker 2: Right, Oh yes, But I mean that like in your thirty I couldn't have afforded to do that in my thirties, Like I just couldn't financially afford it, and even didn't feel like I could in my forties. So I guess it's a hard balance for a woman to decide, you know, when you're gonna have kids, when you're gonna work. Because I have a friend who was worried that her daughter's killing herself working so hard in her twenties and like has no social life.
Speaker 1: I'm like, who gives a shit?
Speaker 2: Work your ass off, make money, get on some sort of a road, you know, so you could set yourself up so later you can make independent decisions totally.
Speaker 3: And I think that's the thing that sort of has been happening for a while, is that we are working earlier and then settling for you know, marriages and kids and all that later, right, I mean that's how I was.
Speaker 1: I was much yeah, and I had all that.
Speaker 2: I was watching a show where a woman asked another woman about career and the balance and when you get married, like giving up your career and wanting to have kids, and it is really it's so cliche, but it is a very challenging thing for a woman to do the dance because you want to be there for your kids when you're young, but you also don't want to give up a career because you know.
Speaker 3: It's not so much marriage, right, because I was married five years before we started having kids, and really there wasn't a massive shift then, right, It wasn't really until children came a part of that sort of relationship that children do change.
Speaker 1: They change, you know, they change both of you. That's the thing.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're saying, the marriage isn't the thing. It's the children. It doesn't matter. It's having children, even on your own or with someone.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Do so you you you did you plan to have such time between your kids. I don't want to say I don't like to say accident, but like I ask that question.
Speaker 1: So we definitely wanted wanted to wait. We we definitely wanted to wait.
Speaker 3: And I think a little bit, I'll be totally honest, was wanting to make sure that maybe I had a job that was secure enough hence a TV show at the time, that I would be able to get pregnant and they'd be like, that's okay, we can build it into the show or.
Speaker 2: You know, that's back to what we're talking about exactly. You had to it's so interesting. You didn't want to be like auditioning while pregnant, and then it.
Speaker 1: So hard to do that.
Speaker 3: You know, it's hard to do that, and then you know, as you know, your body changes so much and it's you know, the pregnancy to me is always I had very easy pregnancies, and I know not every woman has that.
Speaker 1: It's always the for me.
Speaker 3: It was after it was that first six months after that my body was just in my emotions and my head and all of that was the hardest. Yeah, And it was hard having a job and having to go because I went right back to work six weeks later.
Speaker 2: Well, it emotionally, it tears you up. Physically and emotionally too. Completely you feel complete time.
Speaker 3: But I'm glad the show that I had. I'm glad I had that show at that time. It was it couldn't have been more perfect in that sense. Yes it was hard, Yes, you know, I had to fly and move back to New York and all that kind of stuff, which was hard. But I was lucky enough to have my mother come and live with us, my husband and I and help us the entire time, which I look back and say, how blessed we were to have, Like my mom and my daughter had this amazing bond because of all that time they got to spend together, you know.
Speaker 1: And what does your husband do? What businesses he is?
Speaker 3: He's an actor as well, but also he has another career too. So his main career now is he's an illustrator and author for children's books and is creating you know, graphic novels which is being developed into a TV show right now. So he's you know, taken another huge part of his talent and shifted completely into a whole nother into a whole nother side, which has been really fun.
Speaker 1: Isn't that interesting? Though?
Speaker 2: The pandemic just as a concept kind of introduced us to the snow globe being shaken up and it being anxiety producing. But then if you really go look for the fish, they're just in a different place. And so what you're going through is sort of like an extent of that, you know, like it's like you have another big, big, gigantic seismic shift in your career. But yeah, leaning into other things, and who knows where the fish are. I mean, this will be an interesting.
Speaker 3: Who knows what's going to happen even after this, and there might be a third, one, fourth one. I mean, I don't know, right, Yeah, I'm getting act with me soon and I'm going to be starting a whole nother chapter, you know, in my life again, and so I'm excited.
Speaker 1: And I've said this before. It's funny.
Speaker 3: It's like, I think I feel more settled going into my fifties than I even did.
Speaker 1: When I was in my forties, which I know, it's interesting to me.
Speaker 3: I never thought that I would feel that way, but I think, and I've I say this, I think it's because I was having kids right in my late thirties early forties that I wasn't settled yet because there was so much going on emotionally, physically. It was all about them. I probably wasn't putting a lot of time on myself. Yeah yeah, where now my kids are a little older and they're a little more settled, and I can come back to myself and put a lot more time and effort into me.
Speaker 2: You know, well, I think that might also be why people, you know, a midlife crisis goes on, because you get a lot of time to think about what this all is. And I don't know if I've exactly had mine, but I know that because you get older, it's a little more boring. Like I'm not social, I don't really do much, not going out getting wasted and like you know, meet and guy like so you're kind of just the career thing is really something that gives you something to kind of get excited about highs and loos, like, you know, to invest in. Otherwise you're just kind of just going through.
Speaker 3: And then because your kids are a little more subtled, they're not needing you as much, right, they're not babies, And.
Speaker 1: Your identity can be that.
Speaker 2: Your identity can be that for so many people like you gotta make lunch and we gotta do the costumes and you got to get back, you know, and right now, like back to school, obviously it's happening in your house too, and that's like that's main character energy right now, back to school. You know, my daughter physically is going through something and she's feeling slightly you know, you have kids, so you know, I don't want to go too bar into it, but slightly insecure. And we're doing back to school and I want to be you know, she wants to go back in like feeling confident. And so that's a conversation in the house. And then you know that age of like what are they doing?
Speaker 1: Are they kissing? Are they going to think about drinking? Are they smoking? What the hell is going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like all the fond and the social media, which my daughter doesn't have yet, but it's a conversation that is being asked and talked about a lot.
Speaker 2: And the influence the filters and who they're looking at and what they think is cool, and like it's hard to tell a thirteen year old like you don't want to do what everybody else does, Like that's just like something but that's just.
Speaker 1: Not part of it.
Speaker 3: And I have to remind myself that too, because I remember myself literally having to figure that out, right, Like yes, it's the time where you really do have to figure that out. And following trends is part of it, Like following others is part of it.
Speaker 1: And that's about following trends.
Speaker 3: Well she's not on it, but yes, but yes, but I know she's seen it in other places.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, my name was Bethany and I wanted it to be Jennifer desperately. I rather were so I just did not want my name to be like this weird different name. I was not into that funny yeah, like it wasn't now like now the names of her friends are so interesting and I haven't heard one name that I've ever heard of.
Speaker 1: Every name is like.
Speaker 2: Eira and like Paloma and Ciara, like everybody's got this exotic Brazilian sports illustrated model name. And we were like Rachel, Jennifer, Karen John like so, yeah, the creativity and self expression is very different now.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I get the sense that you're it's funny because you're so known for being like this like young, hot bombshell, and you don't. You are beautiful, you always have been, but you lean now into like mom being mom being natural and like caring as much.
Speaker 1: But that's my thing. I think. It's not that I don't care, right, because I do. I do care, but.
Speaker 3: It's more of it's more of a feeling than it is what it's exuding on the outside.
Speaker 1: You know, I get it, I do, right, I guess. Yeah. You see, I'm.
Speaker 3: Putting on a little concealer this morning, and I'm like, oh, that's that's a little new right there, you know.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, I really try.
Speaker 3: And it's not I'm not perfect every day those days that I go deep, but I really try on an overall, just say to myself, I've earned that. I've earned a little of this. I've earned this for really good reasons. For being concerned about my children. Okay, that's a good reason to have some of those wrinkles. To laugh with my kids and my husband and my friends and my family, those are great reasons to have those wrinkles.
Speaker 1: Interesting that you think of.
Speaker 2: It, I've heard other people say that what goes what goes on with me is like for one thing, I've always been a person that would rather feel healthy then look good, So meaning if my face is covered in make I will I'll feel dirty, like it's just the thing for me, and I know it's trapping my pores, and so I'll be like fresh faced and not looking as good and then I'll put on makeup with it.
Speaker 1: Oh God, look at you.
Speaker 2: And I like the way I feel better the other way because I just feel clean and healthy. But what's really happening at this age? I feel it happened yesterday I put on this We're just going for a beechwalk. No one sees this, but I have this cute, like roughly bikini and I put it on yesterday and it just felt like a little ill fitting. It fit, but it just didn't feel like it fit the same way, and I didn't feel like I looked the same.
Speaker 1: And I just felt like a little And it's not overly revealing.
Speaker 2: I just felt a little desperate to myself. I'm not seeing one per I looked at it and I felt a little desperate, like what are you wearing?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: And it wasn't being mean to myself and like I don't look good. It was just like I want to wear what like a woman my age is wearing? Like I know, it felt like a little old, but it also felt a little right. It just felt like I want to put on a nice, elegant one piece and be a woman that wears an eye delligan one piece.
Speaker 3: I don't and I've been doing the one piece for a while so and I am totally a okay with it.
Speaker 1: But you you could wear you could wear a bikini. You just don't want.
Speaker 3: I mean, we all could wear bikinis. But I mean, but I mean, but you would. I'm supposed to be completely okay with whatever, you know, like I do love that we're the whole self love and really trying to accept what we are.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I I I think one piece is hot.
Speaker 1: I know, by the way, so do I.
Speaker 2: But I just mean that there was like an acceptance and I know I look good in the beginning. I could wear a bikini right now. No one would care. Like if you took my head off and didn't know how old I was, it would be fine. It was just this feeling of like this is where I am, and I like this, Like I like being a woman, is what I'm saying. I like being a woman as two years old.
Speaker 1: I liked it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I hear you.
Speaker 3: I told you to your point, Like I said, I feel much more so and going into my fifties, and I really do feel like I was going into my forties, which is odd, But I do think a lot of that has to do with just you know, hormones and emotions and you know, having kids in my forty early forties and stuff and being that all that is kind of back there. I'm settled now, like this is my next phase and I'm feeling good about myself. I'm embracing I'm turning fifty. I'm not scared of it, and I see that in myself differently, like that even than I was when I was in my forties. Again, like I'm spending time because I feel like I can now a little bit right. It's not just about my kids, and I want to show that to my kids. I want to show that it's important to put your own self, you know.
Speaker 2: It feels like it's in a nurturing way versus a superficial like you're not running to boot camp and taking a care of yourself to be like ritten, no, no, But.
Speaker 3: I've always gone to the gym, I've always worked out. I've always been very athletic and always trying to healthy and take care of myself.
Speaker 1: But you know, I've made a.
Speaker 3: Few little changes here and there, like I'm just I'm not drinking as much, which I feel better not drinking as much, saying yeah, you know, so that's been one of the biggest changes. Between that and like, you know, I've been very vocal about ice plunging. I've been doing that for a while and it's really changed my life. So tell me why. Well, I mean, there's so many reasons, but I would say for myself, it started. I threw up my back actually right before Christmas last December, and I have to say, like, I'm not I'm not a person who struggles with depression or I'm a pretty optimistic person. I really am, but it put me into a really, really dark place. And I can understand when people have something like that happen, or they're not able to do their every day it's it's debilitating mentally and physically, right, And so you know, I've talked about this story where I was trying to do everything I was supposed to do right, and you know, I had to lay off the gym, which was depressing in itself. I couldn't do the normal things with my kids. I was literally in bed trying to like I sit, and he didn't go into my chiropractor and you know, doing all these things that I needed to do. And it was one time I went to my chiropractor and I really put a lot of credit into him, doctor Gregg, and he literally said to me, and he's known me longer than my husband, and he goes, you know, I've never seen you this dark. You walked in here with like a dark, rainy cloud over you. He's like, I've never seen you like that. And I go, but you don't understand. He goes, no, I do understand, I said, But he goes, You're not going to change anything. All this work that you're trying to do is not going to change until you change your attitude. He goes, You've got to literally do a shift. He goes, your mind is not going to help your body if you're completely in the dark. And so it was a huge mind shift of just kind of like, Okay, this is this is what's.
Speaker 1: Happening right now.
Speaker 3: Maybe my back being thrown out was a little sign telling me to slow the f down, right, Like, I'm really trying to shift my mind into everything tries I try to believe everything happens for a reason. And then I just started taking care of myself. And my brother in law and sister in law are big health people and they've been icing for you know, doing ice bass for five years, like before it became popular, and so we were going to see them, and I knew that I would be able to start doing that again because they do it all the time at their house.
Speaker 1: And I have a cold plunge pool. I don't really use it. I have a bun one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a plunge too, But this is like old school icing like ice. You go in ice with a little bit of water, which bathtub and like literally stock tanks, like the metal big stock tanks.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Oh, you don't even need to have the seed or thing. You're just saying, like go into like a bin like a thing.
Speaker 3: You can do it on your bathtub too, but it's like getting all the ice from the store and literally putting it in like old school sports.
Speaker 1: Way, right, So you get all the ice from a store and you do it this way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I do it this way. But I also I'm gonna say, I do have a plunge now, which is awesome because it's okay you can just walk out and do it. But what I'm saying is I started doing that again with them, and I brought it back to LA and I literally sort of doing it all the time.
Speaker 1: And it what's all the time? Like every day?
Speaker 3: Well now I wasn't doing it every day, but I was probably doing it four times a week, which is what I'm still doing now with the plunge.
Speaker 2: And how three to five minutes Okay, laarired Hamilton is very big into this. Yeah, yeah, and Gabby and so three to five minutes and what goes on?
Speaker 1: What goes on?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, it's hard, it's it's uh, it's mentally challenging, which I like, yes, But I think the biggest thing besides it helping my back for obvious reasons, right, anti inflammatory and everything, the dopamine effect that I get from it is like nothing else. And they and there's and there's research showing like you know, wine can give you a little bit of a kick of dopamine. Drugs can do the same thing, but it drops, right, you have the little high of a wine, you know, I have a glass of wine, but it drops massively. It becomes a depressant, right say, with drugs you know, ice bathing doesn't do that. It keeps going for a couple hours and then it gradually goes back to normal instead of dropping. So that's why you feel like when you get out of those, you feel like you can like climb Mount Everest.
Speaker 1: You know. Wow, I don't know if you ever feel that ud Like, well, no, I passed out.
Speaker 2: I have very, very drastic low blood pressure, to the point where if I sleep eight hours, I'm so dehydrated my blood pressure crashes. I can't even stand up. So wow, I want I've gone into so I used to live for sauna for cold plunge, even for just a second, not like three minutes, but I went into it. I have twice I fainted and I didn't know why. But I fainted in a cryo tank. I just dropped to the floor. So I don't think I can do it because.
Speaker 1: It's so extreme.
Speaker 2: Probably not, And it sucks because I would. I mean that seems I also run cold, like I'm always cold. But like that, I'm so jealous, Like I want I have a sauna, I don't use it. I have a cold plunge. I don't use it because I just it's too extreme, but hard for you. Yeah, yeah, but you do your face too.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's funny. I keep reading how much it's great for your face my face.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I've been seeing like on TikTok where people put the straws and they put their face in ice, and I'm like, oh, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: Okay, I could do the face.
Speaker 2: I would like to do the face. That's well, good for you. I just love hearing about things like that. That's amazing.
Speaker 1: And are you vain? Am I vain?
Speaker 3: I don't feel like I am, but vain in one said so myself like things that I like?
Speaker 1: You thinking that, I mean, things that I want, Like what do you like get?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Are you thinking about your appearance? A lot of thinking about your body and your face and your skin.
Speaker 3: And it's funny. I again, I think about it. But I feel in a healthier way than I did in my thirties and forties.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 3: I understand because you're running around in so like I said, you know, I'm looking and I'm like, okay, there's there's you know, I'm getting. You know, I'm seeing it, and I'm like, but that's okay, Like you know, I literally say this, like I feel good.
Speaker 1: I feel good for almost being fifty. I feel good, you know.
Speaker 3: And I don't know if I always constantly said that to myself and thirties and forties, which is sad.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I did.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I did. I probably didn't. I didn't, I probably didn't. And we have so many things.
Speaker 3: I look back at pictures and I look at myself and I go, I remember not feeling great, and I'm looking at it now and I'm like, that was stupid.
Speaker 2: I know it's right. He's wasted on the young. Youth has wasted on the young one hundred percent. Do you do you care about filler and botox?
Speaker 1: And I don't. I don't.
Speaker 3: I've been really good about trying to take care of myself and I'm not against it because I have lots of friends who do it, and I'm not saying I never will do it, but I've been really trying to age gracefully naturally. Who knows how long it'll hold up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, But what does your husband say about it? Whatever makes you?
Speaker 3: I mean, he's not he's not that kind of guy at all, so and he he's very I don't want to say old school, but you know what I mean, Like he's just he's just he's not at all, Like the guy doesn't even half the time. I have to remind him to shave even you know, get a haircut, so get a No, he's just so not that he's like the opposite, and which is funny because he is an actor, but he's very much not that way. Like I literally have to Like he's doing some videos right now for a company doing art and they made him go get a manicure and he's like, do I have to do this every week?
Speaker 1: I mean its hilarious.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well okay, So I want to talk about leftover. So you've always been into cooking and food, but leftovers is like a niche for you.
Speaker 1: Well it is. It's funny.
Speaker 3: The idea came during COVID, like literally the start of COVID, when we weren't going to the grocery store as much because everybody was so afraid of it, right, and so it kind of put me back into that sort of thought process that I was like, you know, I was actually raised like this. This is what my mom used to do because we didn't come from a lot of money, so my mom was always trying to stretch food for the entire week. So the roasted chicken that she made on Monday, she was putting it into enchiladas on Tuesday, you know what I mean. So it was always trying to repurpose something.
Speaker 1: I just didn't marry that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so because but it was truly because we didn't have a lot of money, and then we were kind of forced to do that same sort of thing because we just weren't going to the grocery store. So I would really try to come up with a lot of different things that I could then make into many different dishes as we were starting COVID and not going to the grocery store. And so it made me think, like, you know, I've really tried to teach my kids about food waste. I do believe that it's one of the biggest contributors to global warming.
Speaker 1: I really do. There's massive research.
Speaker 3: It says right now, you know, the studies show that we we literally almost take away, you know, about forty percent of food. And you know, like we go to the grocery store five bags of food we're dropping too in the trash.
Speaker 1: Like it's.
Speaker 2: I don't either, I'm really very if we go out we love my daughter and I love to explore and we're big foodies. But I'll say, and we can order as much as we want, but we'll take it home. We'll take it other things. I'll make sure. I'll make life saut. I'll take a side of broccoli that I wanted to have a couple of bites of and then make it into an egg whitelm at the next I'm very like the roast chicken.
Speaker 1: Becomes a soup.
Speaker 2: But I had a doctor tell me that leftovers, not just because of the reduction and nutritional value, but for people with autoimmune aren't good, and it really broke my heart.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, it's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like there's some science behind taking food home. And I don't know if it's the difference in the storage or the back to I don't know, but I was disappointed, but I still don't so sorry.
Speaker 3: So you got to I believe that there's massive importance to it on a bigger global level, and also teaching my children, which I'm huge, you know about about just not wasting. And so I said, you know, there's a book here. There's a different kind of cookbook that I don't feel like I've ever seen before where it shows people what they can do with already things that they have in their fridge, their pantries. So whether it is the leftover chicken, or whether it is that little bit of buttermilk that you bought for a recipe that you have no idea what to do with and it gets wasted, or that the ships that are broken at the bottom of the bag that my kids are like, they're broken, I'm not going to eat them. Well, I can show you something to do with them, right, So it's stuff like that to really kind of think outside the box a little bit of the things that are already there, to really show that you can get creative in a whole different way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. I love that.
Speaker 2: I love when I see good uses of that too. I love when I see like those companies that do the broken canoli shells and then the cannoli came outside.
Speaker 1: That's the dip, because you know that came out of invention.
Speaker 2: Stacey's Pita Chips. That's how it started. She had a sandwich stand with her brother in Chicago. I think it was it was freezing and the one thing they overbought every day wasn't the meats and the vegetables was the peeda because you can't run out of bread for sandwiches, and so they would start making petas and that became the thing that they were successful at, not the sandwich.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you never know what it's going to be. Love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's she sold her company for two hundred and fifty million dollars and it was the You know, it's so funny because I mention her all the time. She must be like, this woman's obsessed with me. He's on the podcast years ago. But I tell her, oh, you know, it's an amazing story. It's a totally amazing story. And I and I agree, like it's it's something I feel like everybody can relate to, and and and then a whole other side of it. My husband is one of those people, and I know there are some people like that who hate leftovers. And so it was kind of my sort of a funny little game that I would play where I would take something that he had no idea was left over and make something new and totally trick him. And he would always be like, I don't want that anymore. I don't want the leftover bloody blow from last night. You know, Yes, But then I just wouldn't tell him, and then he would have no idea because some people are left over, you know, they're they're ashamed, or they just don't like the look of it, or it feels like it's going to be gross tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I think it's more like people have either touched her. I don't know, he's weird.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, but I get that it is there's something that can be gnarley, but you can like refresh like fresh greens.
Speaker 1: Make it by of the book. Yeah, that's of the book.
Speaker 3: So anyways, that's sort of how the spark of the idea started. And then I really wanted to kind of shoot it in a way that was very nostalgic for me growing up in the seventies and eighties, and and so I wanted it to be where people, you know, if our age, would look at it and be like, oh my gosh, my grandmother had that wallpaper, and my grandmother had that mixing bowl, and my mom used to totally have that you know, serving set and things like that to kind of, you know, give a little model yes corning, well, yes, all of it. You'll see all of it in the book. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that.
Speaker 2: Did did TikTok like, so enter TikTok that was recent for you.
Speaker 1: And very recent. I thought I was too old.
Speaker 3: For it to be like I did. I was like, I'm too old for this. Instagram's perfect for me and Facebook. I don't need another platform. But then I saw the blow up of food.
Speaker 1: That was happening on TikTok.
Speaker 3: Yes, and now I'm hooked and I love seeing some of the food that's happening. And they were like, you've got to get on this. I'm like, okay, all right, I'll add another one to me.
Speaker 2: And you're on food Talk mostly you're seeing Food Company.
Speaker 3: Most of my stuff is no. I mean, I would say it's a little bit of both. I mean, I know it's important probably to be funny and do trends, and I like showing my like, you know, my funny side and stuff like that. And so and then my daughter will every now and then engrace her presence at if she gets you know, if she gets me the okay to do it, because that's.
Speaker 1: What she likes it.
Speaker 3: I think she does. Yeah, she's done a couple with me. I mean, you know, it's funny, Like I said, she has to give me clearance.
Speaker 1: She has to have approval, which you know, I'm glad.
Speaker 3: She has a voice and she's telling me, and then I have to let her know that I'm posting it because a lot of her friends, of course, have social media and she doesn't.
Speaker 1: So I just want her prepared when she goes to school. It's so true.
Speaker 2: And a lot of her friends are your fans now that wouldn't even have known of you, which is weird because you go on the street and you have thirteen year olds come up to you, which happens to me. And also we're like the losers, like our kids are not even on it as much as we are.
Speaker 1: We are those moms that are like dorks that are.
Speaker 2: Doing TikTok and you know what I mean, it's like it's like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: I mean it's embarrassing. You know, it's fun.
Speaker 2: But I'm just like, I know, Brinn, I'm doing a TikTok.
Speaker 1: Right, I know, it's true, it's very fun. I never thought I would, but here here I am. It's the reverse, okay.
Speaker 2: So I always find out interesting things about people on those lists, like things you don't know about me, so packing a car, like but are you good at packing everything or just packing that car.
Speaker 1: I mean I am so type a. Literally. My husband will bring everything down and then I pack it. It's like it's like jinga, oh I got it. Yeah. Two kids like that too, And is your daughter like sure, no, not at all?
Speaker 3: Oh my kids are I think both my kids, I think are a little more like my husband.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, oh really no my daughters and then gets it and then forgets it, you know, like he's like I forgot my sunglasses when we were in Hawaii and I was like, really, are you serious?
Speaker 3: But he you know, like I make lists. I have lists that are on going my pack. You know, that's just who I am. I'm my packing list. Same yeah, but I do it with everything, whether it's groceries or or to do lists or whatever it is. I'm very yes. I mean, my husband makes fun of the fact that I'm so anal, but you know that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: And I've read that you love so you love Thrive Miscaret's your favorite.
Speaker 1: I do very good.
Speaker 3: I like that very I But I'll tell you having a teenage daughter, I'm learning about makeup even more now because I feel like I'm so set in my ways and if a makeup art, my makeup artist isn't telling me about it. I'm never going to change, right, I just I like what I like and it's done. But she's the one now that she's starting to worry a little makeup. She's like, Mom, you got to try this new mess scare. I'm like, where did you go? Where did you get this?
Speaker 1: You know, well, if you like to drive, you'll like it.
Speaker 2: Superhero also, oh, my Superhero is very good and the inexpensive great option is essence essence. I think it's called princess Lashka. Do all these like crazy comparisons, and I don't even wear makeup, and I become an expert on it for no reason, for no good reason.
Speaker 3: I mean, scare is like the one staple that you know. I mean I generally don't wear makeup during the day, but if I'm gonna wear any makeup, it's a little concealer and it's mascara.
Speaker 2: Oh I would I don't think about my scare. Even though I don't have very long I have long eyelashes, but they're straight, like they go forward. I would be I think concealer or like some sort of like a yeah, concealer or tinted SPF and liptops and I have not.
Speaker 3: I don't have as se. I hardly ever wear except for like Chastick, so I would pick. I would pick mascara over it.
Speaker 2: So I want a lot of people say that I want to get more into a scare because people do. I guess because it just opens up your eyes. But I guess, and then you didn't.
Speaker 1: I feel like that's where everybody looks like, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm getting into scare today, but you didn't get into You didn't get lashes though, like the the ones that last because you don't want it on your face.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what's fun is years ago when it started to become popular to get those lashes put on, they wrecked my lashes and I swear it never go back.
Speaker 1: And I yes, it's like fake nails. All my eyelashes out. I felt like, and I was sitting there trying to grow them.
Speaker 3: Back, and you know, like they took a lot out, and I was like, I will never do this again.
Speaker 2: No, I'm never doing it again either here in that No, And that's the same thing the kids wanted to gel on the nails. I'm like, it's gonna rip your freaking nails out.
Speaker 3: I know. I've had this conversation again with my daughter and she wants them so badly, and I said, no, you're not, because they all have the fake nails and I'm like, don't you have such beautiful nails. No, it's the worst possible.
Speaker 2: And the dye they want to dye the hair, well, tell her to get the dazzle dry. It's a type of nail polish that the salon has. It lasts a little bit longer. It's a good happy meetium because it yeah dazzled dry. It does chip off in two days. To their point, it's annoying. They get a manica. They look you two days, I know it's gone.
Speaker 1: And and I make her kind of pay for.
Speaker 3: A lot of this stuff now, you know, like it's part of like learning, and yeah, I agree that, so it's hard.
Speaker 2: I know, I agree. So, okay, we know people in common from that era. And it was like it was very gossipy, Like I was a PA and I was like it was very gossipy, like me just like being a fly on the wall with all the young kids that came through, and like all the different I've met in my old life. I met Tory Spelling and Denise Richard's in this world that we crossed over, INNODYA, who do you speak to? Are you still friends with these people that you kind.
Speaker 1: Of got me?
Speaker 3: I'm still very close with with that first cast, so Elizabeth and Mario and Mark Paul and all of them. Yes, very I mean I just saw Mario and you are, yeah, very very close. Yeah, totally, I see. I probably see Mario the most. I would say I have the longest, deepest relationship with Mark Paul because my husband and Mark Paul are also very close. Oh really, but he just moved from my life, so he's not here La anymore.
Speaker 1: Sadly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he went down south a little a little more south from here. So yeah, So I would say that out of the you know there, Mario and Mark Paul are probably the ones I'm closest to. But like Matt Bomer I'm still very close with and Tim Decay who played with my husband, and so very close with them. And as you know, we had a huge loss with Willie Garson a few years back, which still still still is so hard for me to understand that he's not here. It's just it's you know, I go back and look at my pictures and stuff, and it's just it's interesting now that you're getting older, you know, you do lose people in your life, right, and so it's it's pretty pretty kind of crazy, the whole death thing. You know, Like I lost my grandmother, which was an interesting because you know, the process of it was actually quite beautiful, and she was ninety six and it was, you know, like she lived an amazing long life. But during the same time, I was losing a friend who was way too young to be to be going through that, and it's it's a really interesting I learned. I learned a lot about just myself and death and emotions and life and and love and all those types of things, you know.
Speaker 2: But anyways, but no, no, no, no, it's it's because when you were talking, you know, you just provoked something to me where I think about, you know, how how close I am with my daughter, and then you like do the numbers and the age and like when she's my age, you know, like I don't be here, and you do that thing in your mind and it's noisy and it's anxiety producing and you feel for her because I had a child later, so I feel for her, because I won't be here as long as if I had a kid. That's the other thing we were talking about about when to have kids, because one way, you have a kid at twenty three, like you really spend your whole life with them, yep, together, you know as ye, and when you choose to do that later, you're leaving them.
Speaker 3: But let's hope that people are living longer, right because we are, Yes, you generally are, so maybe that sort of evens out a little bit more, right, that's what that's true.
Speaker 1: I'm telling us. No, it's true too, but it's it is.
Speaker 3: But you know, like my grandmother lived till ninety six and and that's amazing, unbelievable, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: And and and yeah, my fiance's grandmother is that same age. And it's like, you know, you're starting to prepare and talk about and think about, but you don't want to think about. And it's like, yeah, it's a circle of life. And teaching kids that too.
Speaker 1: Very much the circle of life totally.
Speaker 2: You don't want them to be too immersed in that topic, but you want them to understand that well, but you want to.
Speaker 3: Understand and we have ant like we we have animal, lots of animals, and we have chickens and and so the circle of life has been very much a part of like.
Speaker 1: Oh crazy animals.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's really interesting and the natural part of like you know, we've had chickens that have gone to other places because of other animals, and so they learned at a very young age that you know, this is part of life and and this is no differently in the animal world than it is in the human world sometimes, you know.
Speaker 1: It's so true.
Speaker 2: And dogs, the dog conversation, the dog conversations.
Speaker 3: Lost dogs with our kids young, you know, when they were younger. So I hope they have a healthy outlook on death because it is a part of life, right, it.
Speaker 2: Is, Yes, it is. It is a part of life that we try to avoid talking about. Wow, well, I want to like see you when I'm in La one of these days. I was so glad to reconnect with you. Honestly, it was so nice as timmy, thank you, and I'd love to.
Speaker 1: Send you the book as well. I want it ready to be one hundred. Thank you. I have a good rest of your day. Thank you to bye.