Speaker 1: Watch up and welcome back to another episode of No Sellings podcast with your hosts now fuck that with your load glasses Malone. So this had to be like the third or fourth conversation we didne had about accountability.
Speaker 2: It doesn't seem to set in to the masters, is.
Speaker 3: It, like you?
Speaker 1: Okay, we know women, forgive forgive me to all the ladies who' supporting No Ceilings. Trust me, I'm not being sexist. I'm not being what's the other word when they say you put down women all the time, chauvinistic, I'm not being chauvinistic. I'm not a sexist.
Speaker 4: Misogynists is that or is that even not the same term? I just know those things they yell at men?
Speaker 3: Sure? Sure? Right.
Speaker 1: Besides, which is weird because chivalry and chauvin is they probably have some kind of connection with that prefix.
Speaker 2: I don't think shive and schover the same.
Speaker 3: I know, but when they both start with.
Speaker 1: That that they probably somewhere you know all that shit Greek anyway, right, So, but moving on.
Speaker 3: Somewhere.
Speaker 1: But forgive me to all the women who enjoy No Ceilings podcasts, I am not putting you down. I really respect your contribution and I do think you're the greater of our two species. I mean, the ability to reproduce and bring a life into this universe definitely puts you a tear higher than men.
Speaker 4: I want you to pat sure Al Bundy sitting on his couch with his hands in his pants, and I want you to know you are slightly greater than that species.
Speaker 3: For sure, you're better than me. Right, but.
Speaker 1: We know you are allergic to accountability. It's hard because in theory, like women are gods on earth, right, and it's like it's hard for God to be accountable. I would imagine how challenging it would be for God to be accountable. So I understand why you guys struggle to deal with accountability.
Speaker 3: So, but it's weird when.
Speaker 2: I see rationale.
Speaker 1: But it gets weird when I see men being unaccountable. And usually when men start becoming you know, unaccountable, like they lack accountability, they usually get referenced as.
Speaker 3: It's like if somebody okay.
Speaker 1: So again, real snitching only real snitching when I say snitching, right, Real snitching is very much when you inform the police or authorities on someone else's crime with intent to avoid accountability for your own crime.
Speaker 3: That you committed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and usually when somebody snitches, we call them a bitch, ass nigga, a womanly acting man's because you.
Speaker 3: Are avoiding accountability.
Speaker 2: What's the root of snitch?
Speaker 3: It's a great word too. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It almost sounds like they combined like sneaky bitch and made one word out of it, like you sneak bitch, you snitch sneak Like I don't know how snitch became a became a word.
Speaker 3: That's a great point. No, no, let me look up. Come from what's the early enough in this episode.
Speaker 4: We're so far into the concept we have to look it up. That's how real it is on this damn podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't like.
Speaker 1: We don't like trying to use words, especially when we get something going on.
Speaker 3: Well, they say the origin.
Speaker 1: Of snitches late seventeenth century. When it says where did the terms snitch originate?
Speaker 3: Oh, here we go for a generation. Uh huh.
Speaker 2: This shoots my theory right out of the sky. For going late seventeenth century.
Speaker 3: For a generation of Harry Potter readers.
Speaker 1: A snitch is the golden snitch, the wingball used in the area of quidditch. Snitch is the rat, the squiller, the grass, or anyone else who blacks to the police about his associates, criminals, activities to avoid accountability for his own. For as long as they have been secrets, thieves, and authorities, they have been disparaging words for the person who tells on friends. A Globe story this week reported on the website start snitching dot com that seeks to remove the sting from snitching by celebrating those who act against crime by reporting people they don't know or excuse me by reporting people they no have done wrong. It quotes celebrities who criticized the wall of silence that so often confronts investigating officers. Actor rapper iceed T earned a spot by condemning Cameron's statement that he wouldn't call the police even if his next door neighbor were a serial killer. I would like to see that condemnation because I don't think it probably went that way. But the vocabulary is with the villains who have spent centuries devising terms to denounce those who turn in thieves and cutthroats. Considered the nose, which by the late seventeen hundred was being used as a.
Speaker 3: Synonym for an informer.
Speaker 1: The eighteen eleven Dictionary of the Bucket Slang University with in pickpocket eloquence, essentially a retread of Francis Gross's seventeen eighty five Classical Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue, offers the example his pal nosed, and he was twisted for a crack and translated as his confederate return King's evidence, and he was hanged for burglary.
Speaker 3: I like that nose. Yeah, that's not bad.
Speaker 2: I saw that. I've also seen on online Etymology Dictionary eighteen oh one inform on someone reveal or give information from snitch now meaning steel or pilfer is a tested to nineteen eighty four, perhaps in this in this sense as a variant of snatch, snatched being to make a sudden sharp bite. A word of uncertain origin, perhaps recorded English.
Speaker 4: That bah, so we're either looking at you've I saw something else saying meaning nosy. But I don't think that that's really I don't think you get that kind of information by being a gossip.
Speaker 2: So you either know somebody or or you snatched on them.
Speaker 1: Since the word snitch had for decades been a synonym for the nose on one's face, snipe his snitch, snitch his snitch.
Speaker 3: Or snite his snitch.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 3: So since the word snitch for decades, since the word snitch had for decades been a synonym for the nose on one's face, snipe his snitch was defined by a seventeen hundred dictionary as give him a whack on the nose.
Speaker 4: See the author of Pinocchio got it wrong, and Pinocchio's nose should have grown every time he told on someone, not every time he lied.
Speaker 1: It was a simple matter to start calling an informer of snitch as well. Nobody knows where snitch came from, at least nobody is telling. The nose as informer has largely faded from use, but the element of not minding your own business continues in the adjective nosy and the expression nosy Parker, which appears today from a nineteen oh seven English picture postcard about a voyeur in Hyde Park. Compton Mackenzie picked it up in his nineteen twelve novel Carnival. I saw you go off with a fella. What of it, mister nosey Parker. Then there's peach, used in Britain from at least fourteen hundred for an informer and an act of informing peach. It derives from the edible peach, or excuse me, it derives not from the edible peach, but from the Latin and petticare to ensnare by feet. Pettica was a fetter, which involved to the French Emperor, still used today to mean hinder or prevent.
Speaker 3: Dude, Oh, snitch. Snitch is a word for nose. We should bring nose back.
Speaker 4: Yes, and furthermore, rather than like killing somebody or cutting off their tongue or whatever. If they snitch, it's pretty you know, you cut somebody's nose off night his snap, Now, that would be the That would not be fun to go around noseless.
Speaker 2: Not a good look.
Speaker 3: Definitely all in somebody and knows.
Speaker 1: Anyway, the conversation comes about is it's been a real crazy last two weeks.
Speaker 3: So, first off, the guys that actually.
Speaker 1: Were convicted of robbing and murdering PM B Rock, the father got time.
Speaker 3: He got thirty plus to life. I was correct. I think it's thirty plus to life.
Speaker 1: His one of his friends that set it up got double digit time. His old lady got time in prison. The kid who actually committed said crime is they're still trying to figure out if he's going to be.
Speaker 3: You know, if his head is going to be on enough to deal with a trial.
Speaker 4: Is he a competent age or is he going to be tried as is he like a minor?
Speaker 1: Now he's nineteen, but the case was when he was sixteen or seventeen.
Speaker 2: Hm. That's the guy from Philly right over about Roscos.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And a buddy of mine was talking to me about it and he was like, you know, p and b Rock didn't deserve it. He said, that's what those guys get. And well, I agree. Right, justice exists for.
Speaker 3: A reason, right, is how we keep a balance in society.
Speaker 1: One of my homegirls, she really hates that their legal ramifications to creating society, and she felt like we'd be better off if everything was just jungle rules, the strongest or the weeddiest survived.
Speaker 2: The one reason why I disagree with that.
Speaker 4: Is if you have Party A does something to Party B, and then Party B retaliates, you have this endless retaliatory cycle. Or is, if you have a third party medium intervene, then it kind of takes that retaliatory you know, back and forth kind of to an end.
Speaker 2: To a degree.
Speaker 1: Sure brings some peace a little bit. No selings, g l uh, my brother Peter here back again, no ceilings fourth season and we cooking, cooking, I get it, you know what I mean? It does create some level of peace, and in a jungle where there's probably not a ton of peace, you know, because everybody's trying to eat.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But anyway, he said that to me, and it made me think, like, No, I.
Speaker 1: Guess in the society where laws exist, you know, fair is fair.
Speaker 3: No, we are aware of all the laws, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's up to us to definitely plan and plot to get ahead and not be held accountable by said government, you know. I mean, to make sure you weren't to make it hard for somebody to nose on you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: It's like going to a restaurant. Know the price of the food before you eat it, don't. I mean, it's snitch just like a running out of the check, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a great point. It definitely is running out on the check. So he asked me. Based off a television show I did with Van Laydon Shout Out to my brother Man that came on television where he felt, I asked. He asked me based off of that show, He said, well, do you feel p and b Rock still has accountability? And I said, is he responsible for going in this community, this poor community, with what looks like one hundred to two hundred and fifty thousand dollars worth of jewelry into a poor community? And I told him it depends morally. Where does he sit if the law is your moral compass, you know what I mean? I can understand how you could absolve him of all responsibility. But because I grew up in the streets, right, I grew up under a different code, you know what I mean. The thing about the streets is very primitive and natural.
Speaker 3: It's nature. It's very nature.
Speaker 1: So if you you know, in regular civilian lifestyles, if you say something to somebody, if you say something to somebody, they cannot put their hands on you.
Speaker 3: Sure, right, that's normal based off the law.
Speaker 1: But where I come from, if you say the wrong thing to somebody, you may have to defend yourself. Like verbal assaults lead to physical assaults, and it's pretty much law. It's not something to be surprised about. You could kind of expect it, Like if you go into a regular McDonald's in a suburban community and you call a suburban worker out of their name. Let's say you called him a bitch. You feel me he maybe he doesn't do anything. He just gonna ignore you. Now, if you go to the kin of Han, you know, shopping center one hundred and twenty f in Wilmington, and you call an employee that lives in Imperial Course working at McDonald's a bitch, you may have to defend yourself. And I don't know which is better. I don't know which is better.
Speaker 2: I think the ones necessary because it's all about trying to maintain order via deterrent.
Speaker 4: So in Irvine, the threat of getting locked up, just the threat of it is to turn.
Speaker 2: Enough, and Watts, the threat of getting locked.
Speaker 4: Up isn't always the terrent enough. So then you have to create a new layer of deterrent, that being the immediate here and now deterrent.
Speaker 1: The just jury and executioner on the spot yeah, punishable by two punches to the face and the yeah.
Speaker 4: And sometimes that's not even enough to turn no. No, But it's certainly more deterrent than just maybe the legal system will take care for me.
Speaker 1: So I wanted to ask you, Pete, because you grew up in HP and your and your background is a little different than mine.
Speaker 3: What is going on it? It feels like move your head to the left, like, oh wow, looks like you had a green screen behind you.
Speaker 4: Oh is it because this little in the headphones over here?
Speaker 3: No? No, no, I don't know what it is. It's not important.
Speaker 1: But so let me ask you as somebody who grew up in Newport Beach, right, Uh, based off of what you know about the community, right, you've been down Like one thing also I want to get rid of is the word black community, because their communities are multiple. So whenever I reference the black community from here on, I'll say black America. Right, I won't use that term black community because obviously the community I'm from, like Carson is different. I mean, and it's definitely not like you know, Westchester or anywhere over that way or like a Rancho and Ontario what I mean, where black people are still a major plus and a populace, you.
Speaker 3: Know what I'm saying. Sure, but.
Speaker 1: Knowing what you know about that Rosco specifically you know on Broadway many times on Maine and Manchester and let's say he was aware that this area is an area that's really stricken by poverty and lack of opportunities. Does he have any accountability at all of going over there with one hundred to two hundred and fifty thousand dollars worth of jewelry and pulling up in a quarter million dollar car.
Speaker 2: In a non function. It's dumb. I I'll say this.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't be surprised if he thought he was trying to go to the other one by the airport, you know, over that one. There's actually two roscos on Manchester.
Speaker 3: Sure he was going to the right one. He'd been there before.
Speaker 2: Okay, then I don't know what the fuck he was thinking.
Speaker 4: I mean, I can understand if you're from out of town and you want to go do something like an event or something for the community, and you want to make a show of it, and you want to you know, give the people what they want to see, or you're going to do something to help out.
Speaker 2: Say hey, you know, like if like we were talking on.
Speaker 4: Live earlier about money and stuff like that, if we wanted to, like, say, go do some sort of big wealth thing. You want to try to look wealthy to kind of inspire people to see us, listen to us and take the messaging or I or if you were going to go to a concert, you want to give people the show they paid to see, or that they took the time out of their day to go see. But you just sliding over there to eat a damn piece of chicken. I mean, I can understand, like you do that ship to show people up. That's why you do it. You know, like in baseball, you don't stare down the picture, you don't flip the bat. The bench is clear, you know what I mean, because you don't show people up.
Speaker 2: So I understand that.
Speaker 3: I understand.
Speaker 4: I mean, and not only are you running around, you're you're swimming in a shark tank with meat tied around your neck or.
Speaker 2: In to that, you're also showing people up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's how I thought about it.
Speaker 1: And I think my buddy had got offended when I said it to him.
Speaker 3: I'm like, bro, I'm not trying to.
Speaker 1: Offend you for like, I'm just telling you, there has to be a huge responsibility in Black America, specifically in Black America, if not just humanity, you know what I mean, Why would you go around a bunch of poor people who don't have anything, especially black people who are being deprived of things, right and and and say, hey, I want to look like, you know, an opportunity. I just I don't get the logics. It could only be it could only be something dog that's like negative like it could only be like it could only be ego and again or pride, like that's the only thing that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's not impossible.
Speaker 1: P and B could have went to there and thought he was going to the one on Manchester near the four or five freeway. But once you're driving around, once you start driving there, you could tell that it's a gloom. It's a different street on the atmosphere where you could look and you can see, like people over here don't have anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's daytime. It's not open all night long. I mean it's aside from that, you can just like there's a lot of people over there look pretty aggressive.
Speaker 4: You know, depending on who might be there given time, especial seeing that a little strip mall. So you know, I don't know, I wouldn't do it, like I one time of all, like in my whole life, like one time, this girl that I used to date when I was in the when I was living in Oakland. She stayed out in the suburbs. We were going to a party. She wanted to get food off Seminary, you know, like filthy rich I we talk about Seminary and east O.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's it's a it's a it's a soul food spot over there.
Speaker 3: I go too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we hit it looks like it looks like a like a buffet type of place, but it's fire.
Speaker 4: Me neither the same place. So I had not been through Oakland. I had lived this my first or second week there, so I hadn't painted the city yet. I didn't know geography. Damn, I know she lived here.
Speaker 3: I don't ever.
Speaker 4: So we're going to some birthday thing after that in the city and back then. You know, to go in a lot of places at night in the urban places you have to like have dress codes.
Speaker 2: So it's no tennis shoes, no teachers. So we were you know, I buttoned down hard sole shoes all that ship. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 4: I had been checked so hard trying to get a bite to eat in the parking lot.
Speaker 2: In my life, son.
Speaker 3: Of a bitch.
Speaker 4: They see me with that girl, they see me dressed up all like looking like a fish out of it. I'd been up and down seminary one hundred times sets, but I'm a T shirts and shorts or whatever the hell.
Speaker 3: But good Lord.
Speaker 2: Overthe lesson I have, Like grab scus, we go the fucking car. Now. I don't know what happened, like you don't know what happens.
Speaker 3: Nah man.
Speaker 1: And I guess he was offended that I said it, and I really just told him like yes, I feel like there's a responsibility for black people doing well to really be mindful of people that are not doing well, Like that's the accountability, you know what I mean, Like to be mindful you cannot There's a lot of this thing going on in hip hop where it's like the goal is is like, oh, I'm the man. I could wear my jewry anywhere I go. Yeah, I could wear my Jerry anywhere I go, you know what I mean? And it's to say that you are so and it's never set out of love, like, man, you know what, them brothers loved me, They wouldn't.
Speaker 2: I'm so hard. No one's gonna test me anywhere.
Speaker 1: It's always that mentality, And to me, that's the thing. I don't blame hip hop for a lot of it. I don't blame hip hop for drugs. I don't blame hip hop for people shooting at each other. But you know the thing that I do blame hip hop for flossing. And it went from just flossing and being happy you were succeeding.
Speaker 3: It won't be. It won't be.
Speaker 1: It's not like a uh, flossing used to be just hey, I'm doing well, I'm so happy about it, to now where it's about, hey, I got more money than all of y'all that I grew up with I come from. I'm Richard than all of y'all broke niggas. Like who are you talking to? Because you're not talking to no white people? Like and that's now the thing, Like even right now, Lotto has a song called Brokie, and it's just like hip hop is the artistic expression of that culture from those environments. So how did it get reversed to where the joke is on those poor people that created that culture?
Speaker 4: It's so rot with like I won't say hypocrisy, but like it's like a logical strain. It's like one line is I'm way Richard and all you bums. The next line is I always go back to, you know, my neighborhood, and everybody loves me. It's so cool because I'm so, I'm so from here. It's like, well, which kind of what is it like?
Speaker 3: Are you.
Speaker 4: Just trying to be like regular, like nothing changed? Are you a whole different person in the whole different world now?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Maybe not line to line, but like song to song.
Speaker 1: And like, don't get me wrong, I've definitely had nice things, but I definitely never made it as simple as taking it off my neck. Sure, I never made it simple as taking it off my wrist. I never made it as simple as taking it off my hands. You're gonna have to drive away in something that I got insured on, you know what I'm saying. So to answer your question to the hommy that was asking me that I ain't gonna blow you out on the podcast, but yeah, I think I think he does have a sense of accountability for going in a place that's been oppressed and deprived of opportunities and not bringing an opportunity, but deciding that, you know, you would make a name off of showing that you could be over there work for all that money while people because you wouldn't brag about that. If you went to Beverly Hills, you wouldn't say, hey, I wore all my jury around the people, you know at Nobles and Malleble, or you wouldn't say I wore my Jewey around.
Speaker 3: You know. I was walking down Rodeo and I had my all my jury on rappers.
Speaker 2: Say I wear my I wear your house on my wrist.
Speaker 4: I've heard that line, you know, so it's like, that's that's a funck you like, bluntly, it kind of like, oh yeah, that that that Yeah, I think I think we have to hold ourselves to some level of accountabilitys.
Speaker 1: After that, we started to talk about Young Dolph Rest in peace. Young Dolph Rest in Peace, jug and everybody else who passed away down in Memphis, you know that were really making their way in hip hop. But the guy who actually are convicted of murdering Dolph, they got sentenced this week.
Speaker 3: M hm. So I think we talked about this on the live. Huh what they get?
Speaker 1: So we talked about this on the live. Remember it was two guys. Mhm, it was two guys. Uh, JaMarcus Johnson and Justin Johnson. I don't even think they're related again Hernandez Govin was accused. Justin Johnson was accused, Cornelius Smith was accused. Seandale Barnett was.
Speaker 2: One person's first name was Hernandez.
Speaker 3: Yes, Hernandez Govin.
Speaker 2: Oh so he might be like, I didn't hear the last name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So from what they're saying, right, based off of the information, one of another guy goes to the Spanish guy and says, hey, man, you know this guy's you know, Dolph is talking too crazy. I want to spend you know, so much money. I want to spend so much money on getting those people murder. I want to spend so much money on getting those people murder. And the guy say, okay, I'll put together a team. Say puts together team. And it's these two guys, right, These two guys answer the call. They're supposed to get eighty thousand dollars forty thousand dollars apiece. They catch Dolph dolphins in town. He's planning a turkey drive, goes to his favorite cookie spot in his old community and a really loud Lamborghini you know, probably one of one in Memphis for sure, and they catch him in traffic. They verify the reward for accomplishing the task, and as Dolphins way on his cookies in the cookie store, they job out the car and they pursue to shooting up the location, and obviously they hit Golf.
Speaker 3: Dolph is with a guy that's referred to as his brother.
Speaker 1: His brother's shooting back, you know, but they successfully you know, executed Dolf. When they get back off the mission, they go lay low. One of the guys received five hundred dollars. The other guy's a rapper too, so no, I don't know how much money got, but word is he got paid when he was supposed to get paid. But this guy specifically, you know, they say, the word is he's somebody that's really hard on drugs. Which that's the kind of mind you have to be to execute somebody anyway, especially a stranger for some money, if that's not your profession as a hit man. He gets five hundred dollars, it's in trouble, and gets another three hundred dollars. Say the person who ordered the actual hit on Dolph even paid for the guy's lawyer that received eight hundred dollars. So obviously the guy that received eight hundred dollars told on the popular guy that probably pretty much got all the money. The guy gets life in prison. I don't know how much time to god, it actually knows.
Speaker 3: On no, that knows. I don't know how.
Speaker 1: Much time he got. But the other shooter received life in prison for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I was having the same conversation with the same homie and he.
Speaker 3: Was like, well, do you feel like it's doll fault? And I said to myself, like, do I feel like it's doll fault? What? And then I said it out loud, do I feel like it's doll fault?
Speaker 1: What he said? Did he cause his own death? Or you know, do you blame the guy? So the guy that the guy that knows said the actual hit was ordered by a big jug player in Memphis related to some rappers. You know, so forth a song, you know what I mean, he puts the hit out and there is a song where Dolph is really talking crazy about this man, his family, his friends, his community and everybody. A song called a hundred Shots, And I mean Dolph is going crazy, he is hopping.
Speaker 3: It high level, going off.
Speaker 1: And so as me and my buddy is talking about this, I said, so do you think he like, how did you think that.
Speaker 3: Would play out. He was like, what you mean. I'm like, well, let's say, if I get to calling you.
Speaker 1: Out your name, and I call you mother her name, and I call your brother out his name, and I started talking about your sexual orientation, and I start just this whole rant, you know, talking bad about you. He was like, well, you know I wouldn't kill you over it. I'm like, but what about the people that would.
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: I said, what if you knew I would kill you over things you say to me? You're like, what you mean? I said, what if you thought to yourself? I carry what if you thought yourself? I carry myself with this type of esteem, And like, I don't play about my reputation and my name and how you speak to me any of these things. You knew that that's how I got damn and you started to talk about me publicly. You put my back to the wall because you know what I'm about. I said, are you accountable? He's like, well, no, you should just get over it. I said, so even if you know, and I.
Speaker 2: Wish the world was I wish the world was run by shuldz. Oh good God, damn it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I don't know if I'm losing my mind to where.
Speaker 3: It makes perfect sense to me.
Speaker 1: It's no way I think I'm going to talk like that about other people that are just about maybe more most of them, some of them more are more action than me. And I'm going to go and saught you, your family, your friends, your honor.
Speaker 3: Everything about you.
Speaker 1: And I think to myself, hey, this is going to end anything outside of somebody getting shot. Now, maybe the streets taught me that, but I know that it's going to end one way. So somebody like Dolf, who is from the streets, you know what I mean to some degree. You know, he's a hustler for sure. Like I don't know his background as a you know, maybe his peers did a better job, but I'm sure was hustling in the streets. Because for sure Dolph was getting to it in the streets were he was aware of saying repercussions and how things could play out.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's almost amazing to think about, Like he's from South Memphis, which is not big. It's like he it's almost it's like Drakish, the degree of disassociation from reality. I'm not saying it's his. I'm not saying it's oh it's his fault and did it, but like it, it's sure as hell was not responsible.
Speaker 4: Especially I mean, God, have you been down there? This fucking big And not only is this fucking big, it is wild as shit down there. Every time I go over there to go look at some property, there's some crazy shit happening. Some guy got madaged after a whole clip of the through the drive through with the Burger Kings. It took out like three people who worked at the Burger k lady did that lady was.
Speaker 1: At a restaurant. I don't know if it was Popeye's or Kentucky or churches.
Speaker 3: It might have been churches.
Speaker 1: But the lady was ordering some food and she got into it with the tailor and she didn't like the tailor says something she felt was over the top disrespectful. She waited on that lady or that lady came on that restaurant and she shot that lady.
Speaker 4: They said, where they're in Memphis, the one I'm talking about. The video shows a guy hanging out into the drive through with a Burger place, and this.
Speaker 3: Is the same situation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I just don't get it, Like I don't get how like even rappers. I don't get where do they think this is going to play out, like, especially in hip hop, Like even when you said Drake is right, Drake is not.
Speaker 3: From the streets. Yeah, that's why. Yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: That he's felt and he's wealthy. He got some coin, so maybe he is. Like what would happen to somebody like him is jail. He would do the wrong thing and find himself on the opposite side of the law and in prison. And you know what I mean that that's the type of thing that happens to people like that.
Speaker 3: But the thing that happens to people that look like me, that come from where we come from.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, you gonna end up in prison for having to shoot somebody, or you're gonna end up shot. And and even at that point, and and and and Doph situation, Dolf had been shot in La Dolf had his vehicles shot up in somewhere in the south in the Carolinas.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, and now this so.
Speaker 1: He was fully aware that, you know what I mean, how these situations can play out. Yeah, yeah, So is there any accountability on his behalf?
Speaker 2: I mean, it depends if he wants to.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if he doesn't want to be shot and killed, then yes, you know, some people act like that, will give a damn. I mean, after you die, it's hard to go back and ask you if you changed your mind. But it's pretty remarkable to not know your own town, to not know the people you're dealing with like that, to not know, I mean, like I could, I could maybe see possibly pulling off some kind of thing like that. In La, It's it's bigger, it's vaster. People have more stuff going on with their time. You might get over something in La more easily because there's more ship to do. You got more down there. You got nothing to do but just just fucking a wait for a guy to show up for years. I mean I don't that because that dragged on from the point from from the cookie shop back to whenever this shit started was years.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I mean if, if, if all these situations are the same crew of guys he's been getting in I think that's the general consensus is that this is the same crew he's been getting into it with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, at some point, dude, you got enough money and enough shit going on to just somebody is to politic that out of you know, existence, but even even the politic, what makes you, as.
Speaker 1: A human get on a microphone and antagonize somebody who shot at your vehicle one hundred times?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: How in any way is that an appropriate response? What could you be thinking about?
Speaker 3: You know what? I mean? What could what could.
Speaker 1: You be thinking about that makes that inappropriate response?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's I won't say, it's kind of like I name the song poc through like who shot you or something like that. There's something of the song poked it.
Speaker 3: It was biggie Biggie, who shot you? Okay?
Speaker 2: Well I thought Pa was or was talking about talking about the way ship went down the studio.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: Mmmm, okay, you're talking about bomb? Are you talking about hit him up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: That's always a tricky situation because.
Speaker 1: Everybody involved or in the know of that situation said that he knew exactly what that was about, and he knew exactly the person that you know, he knew exactly how he got shot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at a.
Speaker 1: Certain degree, he was marketing his wasn't his wasn't like dirt. I mean, excuse me not Dirk, forgive me shout out to Dirk. I do not mean to bring your bring you in his space where your energy is move whereas moving forgive me my boy doff rest in peace. He like he knew his situation was legit. Yeah, like he knew his situation was legit. He knew, you know, people were actively trying to bring him home.
Speaker 2: Sure, and I'll say this much. These are people from your town that is small where apparently you go a lot. It's not like someone three thousand miles away. And yeah, if you want to go get somebody, you can go get.
Speaker 4: Them, but you making it a whole hell of a lot easier.
Speaker 1: I just don't get the mentality, man, I don't. I never got that, even as a gang banger every day, like you know, whacking out somebody's name, whacking out somebody's name and putting your name next to it. At that point, it'd be better off going to shoot that person. Sure got that, you know what I mean? I don't get it. I'm just confused. And my hommy just, you know, he feels like I'm like this street apologists and I'm like, no, I don't. I don't apologize for the streets. I think the streets are the truest sense of justice. I think it's true. I think you can't buy your way out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I think in regular America, you know, he who has the bag has more actions of being less accountable.
Speaker 3: I think in the streets, you know, if you.
Speaker 1: Told on somebody and and some people that disagree because some people feel like, oh people are rich and they're telling now, and I'm like, I don't know, tell somebody to tell me which one of their homies is telling and they good where they at?
Speaker 3: I mean, prove you show some pepperwork.
Speaker 1: Eventually, what happens is people just don't want to be around that person. You know, they they can sense the lack of accountability. Sure, true, I just don't get it. I don't get the mind state. Draco rest in peace. Shout out to Draco, Shout out to the whole Stick team, Like why would you antagonize a whole community of people?
Speaker 3: Like how does like how how do you disrespect the.
Speaker 1: Complete entity that is Inglewood? How does that makes sense?
Speaker 3: And and.
Speaker 1: Like who are like what is it really for? If if it's not just posturing, what is it for? Like like you're trying to show everybody that what like and and is that the way to show everybody that are you trying to monetize this situation?
Speaker 3: And it's something for real?
Speaker 2: It's like Daredevil.
Speaker 4: I mean it's it's it's It would be like not blaming Steve O when he jumps off of a ladder onto a better fireworks and gets third degree burns.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It gets worse and worse and worse, worse and worse and worse.
Speaker 1: I don't know what more to do, man, I don't know how to get through to these rappers. I don't know how to get through. Like I look at people like d One and certain people who kind of push and they feel like they're pushing positivity, And you know, I don't want to be corny, Like forgive me because I'm not referencing D One is corny, but I don't want to be like I've never leaned positive or negative like I lean for the actual. You know how it always works. I understand how something happened, and I'm not gonna argue with every situation. Some people deserve to get shot, some people don't deserve to get shot.
Speaker 3: So you know I'm not you know.
Speaker 1: I appreciate rappers who are overly overtly positive or I don't really know a rapper overtly negative. Yeah, yeah, I mean I think circumstances, you know, where we come from, can create the arts that we paint.
Speaker 4: I mean, I've always looked at it, like like Project Pat for example, Sure the way he did music and stuff, and he did time, he was a street guy. He wasn't one of the music guy liked his music a lot. But like even when I watch him do it interviews, people ask him stuff about Memphis and this and that he is very like his tone and demeanor on things is very particular. It's very responsible, you know, Like I don't know what kind of issues like, and I hear stuff about like someone in an interview was saying something about how back in the day, like three six was at a studio and Yo, guys was to come in and do an interview later, and they didn't want to be there at the same time. Even like three people din't even want to go if he was going to be there later because they didn't want to even.
Speaker 2: Deal with that whole team of people. But they didn't. They weren't even like running each other running each other on on songs. I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just think it gets worse and worse.
Speaker 1: And I do think hip hop, you know, deserves some accountability for things. I don't think hip hop deserves the accountability for what's happening in Chicago. I think, you know, the circumstances, the the lack of opportunity. I think oppression is setting in and you combine that with drugs and you and some reason they got a bunch of free guns because ain't nobody got no money, but they got two thousand dollars guns. You feel me, I think I don't blame them for the circumstances. But again, I noticed, once you put yourself you like, you take this art, this blessing that we call hip hop, and you decide to take that and antagonize human beings with it. No, especially human beings that have enough money to balance the scale, or they don't have enough money and all they have is reputation. I think you can fall victim to whatever happens. And to be honest, like, I'm sad for people's kids, I'm sad for their parents, I'm sad for their family.
Speaker 3: But I really genuinely.
Speaker 1: Think Pete people decided their own fate at that point.
Speaker 3: I think that's the choice.
Speaker 1: I think when p and b Rock goes to that ghetto, I've been to Philly a million times, Like I will never go to a ghetto with a Rolex song and a bunch of big diamond chains on. I just I don't care which ghetto. I'm not gonna play with nobody ghetto because I know it's bad and people trying to figure it out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Even if they don't recognize you, Like I wouldn't want to show up somewhere like that as that why is he here and why has he got all that on?
Speaker 2: Who the fuck you think he is? And what is he doing? It's not dissimilar to the look when I go somewhere and people stare me up and down trying to figure out I'm police.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 1: And even in like let's say Doph situation, Like I've had conflict with other artists or different people on the streets. But I don't use my music to showcase our issues. I don't use my platform to showcase our issues. Like when I did have an issue with fellow legendary rappers from the West, I mean not fellow because these are like my predecessors to some degree, they my heroes. Even when we had disagreements, like with ice Cube or something, I'm not putting out no records, like I'll see people and we gonna have that conversation. Then I saw the seeing person, we had that real conversation. I saw snooping person, we had that conversation. I heard, I saw a Cuban person, and we had that conversation. I don't need to try to shame you publicly. I mean, that does nothing for me except make people alert that it's gonna be a problem with me and and that that would be my thing.
Speaker 3: Like I said to even a Draco or any of.
Speaker 1: Those guys, It's like, yo, if this is really a problem, I'm not going to say anything, and I'm gonna just bring.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna bring the solution. Feel me.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna publicly discourage you. I'm I'm I'm gonna privately bring the solution. Whether the solution is you know, hurting you, you know what I mean, whether the solution is whatever it is, I'm we're gonna deal with it. I just don't understand this, this dire need to entertain people at the expense of talking crazy about you know, people not doing well or people that can hurt you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think with Dolph, I think he felt invincible. Obviously.
Speaker 4: I think there's an idea of people like there's a capacity to capitalize on that.
Speaker 2: That song was huge, was it was huge because of the drama.
Speaker 3: It's a good song, but it was huge because of the drama. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, you know, I think people bluntly speaking, I mean, obviously it's not speculative.
Speaker 4: A lot of the people they're willing to take big time risks. If you come up in life like that willing to take big time risks to get a little bit of money, you're probably willing to take that big time risk to get a lot of.
Speaker 1: Money with your life though, pe not jail your life.
Speaker 2: How all right? If you.
Speaker 4: Out there, if you're if you're retailing in that kind of an environment, there's a decent degree of risk to your life.
Speaker 3: It's a decent degree for sure.
Speaker 1: If you selling, you know, you you take something out there around the Memphis and you open up shop, Yes, somebody can rob and kill you.
Speaker 2: Even if you like are from Memphis. You're just out there.
Speaker 1: But it's a different task to go to Memphis and call a bunch of people out of their name, disrespect their mother, disrestract. There's only one way that can play out. If I go to Memphis, let's say, with some PCP and I'm opening up shop. There's a chance, yeah, people could rob and kill me. But there's also a chance I could meet some Memphis people who actually want to make some money with me and build a relationship. Now we're life long. Now we're life long. There's a better chance I'm going to meet someone like that. I immediately go to Memphis and I start insulting people, calling people out their names, you know, talking about their family, their mother, just making.
Speaker 3: A mockery to them.
Speaker 1: There's very little chance for me to meet somebody positive that's going to help me fix my situation or or that's going to fix the situation. It pretty much can only go one of three ways. If I go take ZP down there, things could go one of ten ways.
Speaker 4: I'm saying, like, if you just I'm just staying in your local environment, so you just the inherent risks of being out moving around, being known what you do, that you got money whatever, a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, but that you just that's just what you do. You're in this area, it's a contested area. It's what you do.
Speaker 4: And then you kind of don't really live there anymore, so you know, like you elevate the risk, but you increase the distance.
Speaker 2: So I think you get this illusion that like, yeah, I can say whatever, I don't even like, I don't even live down there anymore, and you go down there for three days a year and get smoked, you know what I.
Speaker 1: Get it, y'all, let us know what y'all thinking. The comments they're looking out for. Tuning into the Note Senters podcast, please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, commentist share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA. It produced by the Black Effect Podcast Network and now heard Radio Yeah