Speaker 1: I Am all in again.
Speaker 2: Oh that's just you.
Speaker 1: I Am All in Town meeting with Suzanne French and Tara suit An iHeartRadio podcast. Hey guys, welcome back to another episode of I'm All in Town Meeting with myself, Tara and Suzanne.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Hello. Today we're watching season two, episode nine, Runaway Little Boy, which aired November twenty seventh, two thousand and one, Thanksgiving weekend. Oh kind of Thanksgiving ish? Yeah, no Thanksgiving episode though, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's true. This is one of those episodes that feels like it could just kind of lift out and just be anywhere in the timeline.
Speaker 1: It's funny you say that because I have like barely any recollection of this episode. As I was watching it, I was like, huh, forgot didn't know that happened? Like what what? I don't know. I just I remembered it, but like the details of it, I was like, I don't really, it's not one that replays on TV, and it's not one that like we're talking about often. I mean, I guess the moment between Dean and Tristan. But man, for for Chad's last episode, they really said, let's make him the biggest jerk we could probably possibly make him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Tristan was a jerk. Dean was also a jerk.
Speaker 1: Rory was a jerk.
Speaker 2: They're all jerks.
Speaker 1: It is Chad's last episode, right, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah it was. They were all jerks. Yeah, they were all in the wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had. They squeezed the little joke in there about him going to North Carolina because he was leaving for was it one Tree.
Speaker 1: Hill went Tree Hill? Wait? When when was that.
Speaker 2: When he at the end when he was leaving and he told Rory that his dad was sending him.
Speaker 1: To Oh yes, yes, yes. For some reason, I thought it was I was thinking of the moment when he left the rehearsal and he grabbed his jacket. I was like, no, he was going to meet friends. Yeah, friends down in North Carolina. Yeah. They, like I just made him really not likable, not like we were supposed to like him, but like I kind of wanted to like. See. I think that's why the Jess banter works with Dean because we also kind of like Jess. We've we've been trained to absolutely hate Trystan from day one, right, Yeah, I totally agree.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't like a big deal that he left it was like, okay, that's yeah, Like I don't have to think about him anymore. So it was fine actually that he left.
Speaker 1: Did you notice the clown pillow because it was hard to see.
Speaker 2: Yes, there was like a couple inches at the very top of it showing.
Speaker 1: I was so proud. I was like see saying, I'm gonna be so proud of me for seeing that.
Speaker 2: I didn't even see it the first time I watched the episode, and then the second time I watched it, I was like, oh it is.
Speaker 1: I was looking like, I was like eagle eyed, like looking for it, and I was like red red, Is it red? Or is it just like is it just red? Or is the clown pillow? But it was the clown pillow?
Speaker 2: Yeah. So we talked last time about the product placement with the Hans and soda, and then this time did you notice the cool Whip? Yes, it was a big cool whip episode and I had to laugh. It was that same scene with the clown pillow, which is why I thought of it. She walks in eating cool whip, just out of the tub with the label like aimed right at.
Speaker 1: There, which is like very loral I but like it was what company is cool whip. Now we're going into.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know. I didn't. I didn't look that far, but I noticed it was funny because she's eating it and then he sets it down on the desk and then just walks out like she's gonna go out to her date and just leave the cool whip on the desk, which was odd because you have to refrigerate it. Yeah, that was right when Rory got on the phone with Lane, and when she gets off the phone, Lorli comes back in the room, whip is still sitting there. But then when she turned to leave again, it was gone.
Speaker 1: Oh I see, I noticed more when she walked back in, more than like any like. That's when I actually like fully noticed the label for some reason, is when she walked back. I don't know why, I think cause I was still like scanning the house, but I didn't notice it was gone though.
Speaker 2: Yeah. There, it was obviously a different take and somebody must have thought, oh, we shouldn't leave the cool whips out. That doesn't make sense, and they took it.
Speaker 1: But speaking of when Lane called Henry, is his name Henry, Yeah, Henry cho It's been a while since that like relationship's been like right, because it was a little like a part of me was like, did I miss something last week where she talks about Henry or did Henry just come back nine episodes later?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they they got they kind of like were talking at that party, the party where Rory kissed Tristan. Yep. But then I don't remember like maybe once or twice he was mentioned because he i he called her mom's house or he called her house and her mom answered, like I remember a conversation about that, but it wasn't like a major part of the storyline until this episode, So it was kind of like we just forgot about him and then they popped him back in.
Speaker 1: I wonder if I wonder if this was filmed or sorry, aired out of order because it's the same storyline following Henry that it is with Tristan and the kiss from the party.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Maybe it aired like out of order because it really is like if it was too if it was like two six, two o seven, it wouldn't have made a difference, you know.
Speaker 2: And that actually would also make sense with the ice cream maker, because why are we talking about Max again?
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, I think we cracked the code. I think this was actually supposed to air sooner, or it was filmed out of order. That could be what episode is the party with the kiss? That was the end of season Oh no, that was the end of season one, right, that was I Love You because at the end of season one she says I love you, idiot. Yeah, let's see, so the party with the kiss.
Speaker 2: Gosh, I'm trying to go back through my notes and there I have my episodes all.
Speaker 1: Out of order.
Speaker 3: He's in one episode seventeen was the party with the kiss.
Speaker 1: Season one, Episode seventeen was the party with the kiss. So maybe maybe they were trying to air this like beginning of season two, like within the first three episodes, but then it just went a different direction. Yeah, because it's been a while since we've heard, Like I had to refresh my memory of one the party. Yeah, I was like, what party did they kiss at? And two the Henry situation, because somewhere along the way it was that Henry never called, right yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that Yeah, that's that's a good that's a good point because it the whole Max thing too. I was like, we've like moved way past Max now, Like why are we suddenly talking about a wedding gift?
Speaker 1: See? But the one thing that threw me off about max is or or the whole relationship is when Suki was like, how many dates have you been on since? And I'm like, okay, well if there, if she's still getting wedding gifts? Yeah, she just broke up, like she needs some time how many dates? Like I would he was like, oh, have you thought about going on a date? But like it's like she's been on twelve dates and like the day after they broke up, you know. So it was the timeline threw me off a little bit, but I mean still entertaining episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So I have a question for you. Okay, when you open presence, do you use a knife or do you use scissors? At the beginning, when she's trying to open the package and she turns the roor and says, hand me a knife, and she's I use a knife, you really?
Speaker 1: I use a knife.
Speaker 2: I have never used a knife to open a gift.
Speaker 1: I also use a knife to open packages.
Speaker 2: I do, like for packing tape and stuff like that, but she was just cutting the ribbon open.
Speaker 1: I feel like, I is that a knife situation?
Speaker 2: Maybe I've been doing it wrong.
Speaker 1: No, I mean I mean, like, if the scissors are there, I'll use the scissors for the ribbon, but if the knife is usually more accessible in the kitchen than the scissors, so I use the knife. I mean, I guess it goes either way. But I didn't do a double take on it.
Speaker 2: Really. I guess it's just what you're used to because I have never I would never aggrets.
Speaker 1: Me being lazy not wanting to walk four more steps to get the scissors because of where I'm standing is closer to the knife.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: At first I thought you meant like ripping open wrapping paper. I'm like, no, I just rip it. But I also sometimes get really lazy and I just try to like rip the ribbon with my hands. Yeah, like just stretch it should kind of like pull it onto the side of the box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but no, I always think that's gonna work, and it never does.
Speaker 1: No, then you end up grabbing whatever is nearby.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, So one more brand name that I noticed brands from the past. So but wait before I say that, I just want to say I was looking at the Instagram comments from our last episode. I was surprised how many people had never heard of Hanson's. I did not realize that that was not a nationwide thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, I saw some of I didn't see all of them. I saw it when we first posted, and there was a couple people saying, I've never heard of it is it's a West coast thing, and then other people are like, how have you never heard of it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I just listened to It was everywhere. I asked so many of my friends, and everyone knew what Hanson's is.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I guess maybe, I don't know, maybe it was just a regional thing. But in this episode, did you notice the Fruitopia machine?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Remember Frutopia? It was like a It was like a fruit drink. It was like I guess it was like A. I don't remember if it was carbonated or not.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, now that I look at the label, Yes, I remember.
Speaker 2: It wasn't around very long, but they had a Frutopia vending machine. When she was getting her burrito out of the vending machine and talking to the guy.
Speaker 1: Did Frutopia become like Fonta?
Speaker 2: No, fans has been around forever for Topia. I think just went away.
Speaker 1: There is I'll never forget. There was an episode of one Tree Hill. Speaking of Chad going to One Tree Hill that was I don't even think it was an episode. I think it was a season, but specifically one episode where it was completely sponsored by sun Kiss and like, if you ever watched One Tree Hill you know exactly what I'm talking about, because I'm pretty sure like the event name was like something sun kissed as well, and like there was twenty vending machines throughout the episode. I think there was a sun Kiss shirt. I was like, you guys, can we be a little less obvious like sun Kissed?
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: The concert, Yeah, there was a concert and it was like sponsored sun Kiss.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 1: And Sunkiss is like it's it's pretty. It's not the most common. I mean maybe it was back then, yeah, but it was said it's orange, right, But no, I didn't. Now I'm going to have to go back and look up fru Topia.
Speaker 2: That's funny. Yeah, I remember it being around like in the nineties, like late nineties. I guess it was around in the early two thousands because it was in this episode, but that's when I remember drinking. It was like late college.
Speaker 1: Oh quick update. I don't know how accurate this is, however, Hans and Sodas were originally sold in southern California, including to film studios and retailers. They then expanded, which grew the brand, and that's when they were phase and then you know, went to Coca Cola and then phased out by Coca Cola. So it did originally start in southern California, but it says the brand's distribution expanded beyond California, becoming a national presence. In two thousand twelve, the company was renamed Monster bever So by way, we talked about that, but no, it was it was mainly started in southern California and then branched out. So probably if I think probably other all the West Coast people or California people know about it, and if you're not here, then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and maybe it didn't get to you. But so funny, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had to laugh again talking about brand New's. But this one was completely accidental. When Tristan was confronting Dean in the grocery store Jose's Market, did you know it was hard to see, so you may it's you may not notice it. There was a bag of Ralph's brand flower on the shelf like it had the you could totally see the Ralph's logo. And I know Ralphs is not nationwide, so if you're outside.
Speaker 1: No, but it's down the street.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's one right next to more brothers. So I had to laugh because there would not have been Ralph's brand Flower.
Speaker 1: That's funny. No, I was paying attention more to the baking soda because I was like, oh, we're back to the aisle where they kissed. But that's funny, Ralph. I didn't even I didn't even notice, Like Ralph's has their own what was it flower?
Speaker 2: He said it was Flower.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know they had their own brand of flower.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was just like the like the generic store brand.
Speaker 3: Funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was funny. It was hard to see. It was like Tristan like moved to the side a little bit and then you could see it right behind him, and then he moved back and you couldn't see it anymore.
Speaker 1: But Chad's hair was extra like poofy and spiky this episode.
Speaker 2: You know, his hair could be its own character. I think I think it was funny because I watched this episode. I watched Sullivan's Crossing and then I watched this episode, so it was like being backwards. But his hair is just it's like a force of nature in everything I've.
Speaker 1: Seen, I am so jealous of his head of hair, Like that man has great hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like if you've seen the previews for Freaky or Friday the new movie, like it's just like flowing, like it's just like, damn so much hair, ladies.
Speaker 3: I have something to bring up. So a time I'm discussion with Chad Michael Murray as you guys were talking that North Carolina joke, So I was like, well, when did One Tree Hill start? So One Tree Hill technically start in two thousand and three and this episode air in two thousand and one, but what he did in between was Dawson's Creek, and he did Dawson's Creek in two thousand and one, just still North Carolina, Right, So I think that was like the in between job before he got One Tree Hill.
Speaker 1: But but can I make an argument, Yeah, a lot of times they filmed the pilot a year out or more so, even if the show started airing in two thousand and three, they could have done the pilot to be picked up by a network in two thousand and one, yes, and then filmed in all of two thousand and two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so timeline discussion.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, wait, he was in Dawson's Creek.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was surprised by that too, But when I looked up as IMDb, he.
Speaker 1: Was in was just one episode, no.
Speaker 3: Seventeen episodes Dawson's Creek as Charlie Todd. He was a love interest for Jen Linley.
Speaker 1: Oh I remember. Okay, Yeah, So I watched Dawson's Creek like here and there, like growing up, like if it was on, I was like whatever, And then in the pandemic like twenty twenty, it was like one of the first shows I sat and binge the whole thing. But I loved Dawson's Creek. I'm so mad I didn't get into it sooner.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I was just looking at his IMDV and that I'd bring this up.
Speaker 1: So funny. Okay, So he probably did Dawson's Creek and that had to be it, especially if we're talking about the timeline of If this aired in November two thousand and one and his episodes aired probably around the same time, then he probably filmed it back to back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was in North Carolina and you know, Wantree Hills starting there, so in that bit funny.
Speaker 1: All right, cool, Thanks Jackie.
Speaker 4: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: I'm glad we have you here.
Speaker 4: Jackie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a group effort over here.
Speaker 3: It's a Google in the background and you guys knowing your thing.
Speaker 1: Also, I laughed, Sorry, this is soft topic. I laughed last week when we were talking about the Funko pops and then I said, apparently I said in the episode, whoever's listening is probably googling it, and someone of the comments was like, I was literally googling it as you said. Oh man, well, I didn't really have anything else to call out, did you.
Speaker 2: I had one other thing in the diner scene where Lorelei's date comes in with his parents, which I thought that scene was hilarious.
Speaker 1: We're so good.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the scene, Loreley pulls the money out and like drops on the counter. But if you rewatched the scene, when the scene starts, so first of all, the cash register is gone. It's not on the bar the counter at all.
Speaker 1: The whole episode, just in that scene.
Speaker 2: I don't okay, I don't remember that. Earlier in that scene the cash register has disappeared. But when the scene starts, the money is already on the counter, and as you watch the scene unfold, it keeps changing position, like it moves back and forth between longli and then it disappears altogether, and then it comes back and then she pulls it out of her wallet and puts it on the counter.
Speaker 1: That's so fun I wonder, like how many pickups they did? Then?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. It moved sometimes it was by the coffee cup, and sometimes it was more to her left, and then there was one shot where it wasn't there at all, so there were at least three different takes.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: And then she actually pulls it out of her pocket. So I just thought that was that was funny. And then the only question I had was the play. Why was everyone.
Speaker 1: Everyone's oh my god, I'm so glad you said that, because I was like, I was like, did I miss It's like a fair where everyone's just doing one, you know what I mean? And I was like, Romeo and Juliet is a long play, yes, yeah.
Speaker 2: And we know that Chilton has an auditorium because we've seen it.
Speaker 1: Also, it is a private school that people are paying for that auditorium, right.
Speaker 2: So why are they? And there were only like maybe twenty or thirty people. I don't know. I mean, it was just weird to me that there were only like two or three rows of people and they were all standing.
Speaker 1: It was so weird. And also I do have to give a shout out that one of the funniest things was Miss Patty's dot net.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I was like, and.
Speaker 1: I was like, I don't think Miss Patty even knows she has a website at that rate.
Speaker 2: Miss Patty and Paris were so funny together.
Speaker 1: I wish we had more between them throughout the series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the two of them just bouncing off each other was hilarious.
Speaker 1: What does she say? Miss Patty says something along the lines of like your face is gonna stay that way or something like that, if you can freeze or something to freeze like that. Oh my god, it was so funny. Yeah. No, I wish we had more interaction between the two of them.
Speaker 2: But that was good. That was That was probably the best party.
Speaker 1: I know, so funny. Well, Okay, the next episode, Big Episode, Season two, episode ten, The brace Bridge Dinner.
Speaker 2: I love this episode.
Speaker 1: I can't wait Big one. But all right, we'll see you next week.
Speaker 2: Meeting adjourn.
Speaker 1: Everybody tolt I guess. Follow us on Instagram at I Am All in Pot podcast, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com