Speaker 1: It is Drink Champs, motherfucking podcast makes He's a legendary queens rapper.
Speaker 2: He's agreed as your boy in O r E. He's a Miami hip hop Yon there put up his dj E f N. Together they drink it up with some of the biggest players, you know what I mean. And the most professional unprofessional podcast.
Speaker 3: And your number one source for drunk d chans mothers every day is New Year's c.
Speaker 2: Thats it's time for drink Champions. Drink up, motherfuck mother?
Speaker 3: Would it gonna be holding you to sup? Some boy an r E what up? It's dj E f N and it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna tall me, motherfucker crazy house makes some.
Speaker 3: The when you google the West Coast, when you google, they area gotta mean Yeah, I got a Papa collar. Every time I say that, this man picture has to come up. This man is a legend of a legend. He's been controlling this game, in this game, staying true to this game for years. When we use the word legend, we don't lose it. We don't use this word loosely. When we use the word I car, we don't use it loosely. This man has been doing it. He has so many stories. He's probably the only person that knows every version of Tupac, the Death Row Tupac, the Oakland Tupac, the did you know underground Tupac. I've been waiting, We've been waiting to give this man his flowers, because when we started this show, we said we wanted to give to ours, to the people who has been down before us while we was there, and people that's after us.
Speaker 2: And like I said, this.
Speaker 3: Man is the legend of a legend, and we are so happy to give my mother fucking friend spikee one motherfu Now off top. Do you think ice Spice but your name?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't like to say it, but she kind of weird a.
Speaker 2: Little bit better than that.
Speaker 3: To track Spice, No one, that's the Ice spe I didn't get you. So let's let's uh, you know, uh, let's talk about it, because in the beginning, there were so many people like the West Coast stayed with the West Coast, East Coast stayed with the East Coast. But she was one of those guys that was working with the East Coast. Yeah, how did that develop? I know you got records for method man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean I always had a deep respect for the East Coast, you know what I'm saying, Like it was always you know, because when the first time I landed on a plane and and I got out of the cab in Manhattan, the first dudes was walking down the street, man, And it was crazy because I just heard somebody say yo yo spike. As soon as I stepped out the cab, like two steps, bro, and I heard somebody yo yo spikes And I'm like, who the fuck is that? Like, how the fuck they't no meaning here like that, you know. And I looked down on this two dudes walking down the street and they get closer and closer, and it's fucking run DMC.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, first time in the first time I stepped in New York City death fucking run run And DMC was waiting and I'm like, you know, hey, you know what I asked him, like what y'all doing here? They're like, we came to see.
Speaker 4: You, Like, oh ship, I got y'all still on my wall and my mom was still here with my mom and show what's coming out here to do some uh negotiating with good job and stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay okay, And they were there a job.
Speaker 4: Holy crazy man, crazy much respect for run dmc dude.
Speaker 3: So so so let's let's let's bounce around a little bit, right, Jammy, I'm ready, I'm ready for my drink.
Speaker 2: You drinking already all day. I ain't gonna lie to you, right, let me let me just take take a few times.
Speaker 3: The best thing about us doing this show is this is my favorite part. I don't know what your favorite part is, but my favorite part is always asking what is the guest drinking? So I said, I said, what's one thing drinking? They said, after this, So okay, let's pass around, like I said, like a little bit right. There's so many, There's so many Bay Area Oakan legends. Who was the person who inspired you to get on the mic?
Speaker 4: I would say, uh, inspiring, inspiring. I would go all the way back to like rock him, definitely rock him and uh man.
Speaker 2: Like all the old school cats. Man, you know.
Speaker 4: Danny Dane, you know all of all of the other school cats. When I listened to him, I was always you know, writing stuff when I was a kid. So I mean, I decided to put wrote poetry when I was a kid. So I decided to put it just some music. When I heard them.
Speaker 2: Dudes, right, so I can't lie to you.
Speaker 3: Recently, it's been a very big battle going on in hip hop, and we've been fortunate enough to have people sit in the sea. And the one thing that I know, the one thing that I could say that that that has it all together, it is the West Coast does stick with the West Coast. Yeah, we got might be with each other, but yeah, we got to rock together.
Speaker 2: You know, even even when we even we beef with.
Speaker 4: Each other, it's you know, it's we keep that up in there. But you know, it's always a support because you got so many styles coming from that area. And but but we still all come together when somebody have a show like you know, uh the Bay Area that doesn't sound like uh La and Sacramento even got their own sound, and you know, certain places in LA sound different from you know what I'm saying. So but when it all comes down to it, we all speak in the same language.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Because I thought it was genius how Kendrick.
Speaker 1: He involved like forty was was the voice of the beginning.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, No, I'm talking about the Kendrick Battle. Were you talking.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about the show that he involved the show right now. The pop out there he forty narrated the intro and the outre today is let's holy shit. Yeah, and that put that area on the map. It was like not La and started out with forty.
Speaker 4: Yeah when you know the bank of the Bay like the play man. You know what I'm saying. So, I mean you had catch us anywhere. You know, we all all over the place. I mean from from China to Japan to Europe back to America. Man, you know we were out here doing this everywhere we go. You know what I'm saying, Like, you got it?
Speaker 3: So what what's that line that Kndrick said? He said, you think the baby's gonna you disrespect Park Nigga, then the Oakland stop would be a last stop nigga. Right yeah, listen to me. If I'm on the other side, I'm not going It's just done like I'm done, like like because he think how genius that was he put in your mind that he disrespected Pak. Yeah, most people don't know what is he talking about. Most people gonna ride off.
Speaker 4: For that, Yeah, yeah for real, spits like but you know, man, Pak, you me, all a lot of artists out here, we all got the same you know, following.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, it ain't no telling what's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Uh, your fans might whoop somebody asse just just on the strength, you know what I'm saying. You know, you know you don't know what I'm I'm in La County and the and the and uh some essays they was about to jump me, you know what I'm saying, until they figured out it was me. They thought they thought I was playing to be me. They thought I was faking to be me. And I told him, I said, yeah, whoop some whoop whoop.
Speaker 3: That nigga ass.
Speaker 4: If he's faking the bee spice one whoop whoop his ass. You know what I'm saying. So your fans gonna do whatever they do everywhere. You know, you have no control over that ship.
Speaker 3: You the thirty days in La County. Yeah, yeah, okay, that's why you wasn't on Malcolm Belly album.
Speaker 2: Fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I don't know if you know you.
Speaker 2: Hear that story.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, So I'm sorry we bouncing around, but you you brother, so because it's also alleged that and that's not alleged. I believe you confirmed it that you actually drove park to the to the to the airport when he was going to Vegas, or he drove with him something like that.
Speaker 4: Well we had we man, I want, I definitely want to talk about this to set it straight. The day Pak died, me and Pat was that at the other mansion and he had that big ass picture of of of Biggie uh and Puffy in there and and we we shooting. But but you know we we we recorded, we recorded, Uh we recorded the song.
Speaker 2: Uh what was it? A fame? Yeah? And that was the last song I recorded with him, And then you know.
Speaker 3: He that is officially his last song he ever recorded.
Speaker 4: I think so because he was like, you know, I thought he was gonna dry to Vegas because I was gonna hop in with him to roll out. But I was like, man, i've been hustling. I've been in the club in my same clothes for two days. I'm gonna go take the change and clothes and I'll meet you out there. And so I got memories of Pot standing by the car like come.
Speaker 2: On, let's go. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I heard he even told you that he'll get you closed in Vegas.
Speaker 4: He was like, man, we can go, we can get some clothes out there, and I'm like, man, I'm finna go chang. I have to take a shower, and no, I don't want to have in the car with you know. But uh uh. He was like, Tyson, gonna knock that nigga out and we're gonna party. You know what I'm saying that that's what it was. He was like, Tyson gonna knock his ass out, and that was what the fastest, uh fastest knockout in history, one of the fastest knockouts in history. That that was the plan. Tyson was like, we're gonna I'm a Knack you pie, I'm a Nike man. We're gonna have a potty.
Speaker 2: That was. That was a player. Tyson's like, we got knack you back. I'm like, shit, we're gonna go part it in.
Speaker 4: But then I got By the time I got to the house and got changed and was ready to bounce out and ready to drive out to Vegas, I got the call.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: I was like, damn, what the fuck just happened? You know what I'm saying, Like, hold on, we just he was just standing in at the car talking about come with me and ship and what the fuck just happened, you know. So, yeah, it was crazy, you know what I'm saying. But that was the last song were recorded. I know he don't. I don't thinking he recorded with nobody that damn fast. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: He could of got shot and we caught he got landed, yeah recorded, you know, Hell no, you know, but if he did that, But as far as I know, that was the last song recorded. Is it true that if you would have went to Vegas? It's quite possible you would have been in a car with him.
Speaker 2: Oh hell yeah.
Speaker 1: They were gonna go, he said, it does go shopping.
Speaker 4: I was definitely gonna be in the car because I was gonna ride up there with him. And uh, it's crazy because you know, maybe I could have. I been thinking, maybe I would have been like, man, left the Outlaws handle that ship. You know what I'm saying. As far as going jumping dude or whatever. Man, you know that nigga, we catching money. We're out here doing this right now.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: But but it was real a lot of tension because of what happened, you know what I'm saying, Because of what happened with the homie Eastwood and all of that ship, you know, when they jumped and took his chain.
Speaker 2: And all that. It's all right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was a lot of tension, so everybody was kind of like, you know, you know, it's a hoy song on its own, you know what I'm saying. And I'm you know, I'm a big nigga, So I'm like, Okay, y'all niggas crazy, Okay, this is what it is. But I'm I'm gonna sit back and enjoy the festivities. When y'all get the act in the food, I'm just gonna pull out the popcorn, you know what I'm saying. But I'm not gonna in dulgs because that ain't my beef. You know what I'm saying, It ain't my ship.
Speaker 3: Mm hm cool? Say, were gonna be botball a little bit. The Trigger Got No Harm, I.
Speaker 2: Ain't no love bit.
Speaker 3: What's happening? You won't be on jove?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They asking for a single? Is this a single or this official singles?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: The Trigger Got No Heart was was the originally official single for Minister Society, and they played it with the commercial when the commercial came out, and you know, they played the movie Hearts of the Movie and the commercial part of the song and the commercial and stuff. But when I got to, uh, after the movie came out and I got to I was, I was out in New York and you know, seeing people coming out of the theater, girls coming out of the theater crying, and Ship like there.
Speaker 2: Was there anything ship that shot him like that.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm yeah, after the movie, you know what, I'm like, I'm like, damn, you know, they don't even know who I am. And I'm walking through hard and Ship and I'm like, they don't know who the hell I I don't even know who I am out here. This is crazy, this is crazy. And then my manager he like, man, you know my nickname Chico like Cheeko turned around?
Speaker 2: Yes, And so I turned around and I see.
Speaker 3: Like half a Harlem follow me like Sponge, you know, like ship. So shout out to Harlem that in my notes, why did Pot call you che.
Speaker 2: I've been you know, I'm.
Speaker 3: Curious why Miami and.
Speaker 4: I've been in that after Womb, like you know, when I came out to woom My, my pops was like, you know, uh, you look like he looked He said, I looked like a Mexican ship.
Speaker 3: And I was going, you know, that's on target.
Speaker 2: I got that good here was like it was like magic. So Chico be in my name from what your mother shut out the pous man, Yeah, all day.
Speaker 3: That's definitely my note. That's that's funny as hell. So the whole bay caught you Chico.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, I didn't even know my real name. Bro I had on my on my papers at school. The teachers with Chico. You know, I was wondering. I had to ask my mom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how you know you got a real motherfucker, a nickname and ship.
Speaker 2: That's that's when we're from the womb. You know.
Speaker 3: I heard you say niggas a flash three hundred thousand and wonder why motherfuckers are running their housing or running their house.
Speaker 2: I believe you said, Yeah, that's ain't that's some ship.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like a motherfucker sit up there and flash all that money and then wonder why. I mean, back in the day, you could, man, if we sitting on the black we knew a nigga had three hundred thousand. We was up in this ship, Broh, straight up, like you you don't just flash no three hundred thousands. You know, we out in Miami under you want to play scarface? Okay, play scarface, because that's how we're gonna come at you with that three hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: We coming at you like that, coming at you with about ten. It's gonna be ten twelve of us. That's three hundred thousand. Maybe we can split that, split that up, you know what I'm saying. So, I mean, you know, when when you come from that life, you think like that. So you know, I'm able to sit there and look at it from both sides because I've been on both sides. I've been the jacker and I've been the motherfucker they trying to jack, or the motherfucker they jack a shot at and all of that. I've been on both sides of the game. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: It's good to be able to to to notice that and tell this little motherfucker something.
Speaker 2: You hope they listen to. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You see the the guy that murder and pop smoked home, Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's home, but they posted it.
Speaker 4: They posted this picture that was like a go get them.
Speaker 2: Uh, that was like a get a kid.
Speaker 4: They posted this picture up there like that and let him know he was out. That was like that was like a death warrant. Basically, you know what I'm saying, Like, now everybody know you out. Yep, everybody knows he's out. You know, you know he's he's a youngster, you know what I'm saying. That means, you know, they put him up to that ship or whatever. You know, at this age we always say, you know, we made mistakes in the past and ship, you know what I'm saying. So I'm pretty sure ten twenty years from now, he's gonna be saying, motherfucker. You know, I went to the penitentiary for killing a ma. If he's live ten twenty years, he can be able to say, you know, I made mistakes when I was young and shit or whatever.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But I mean, you know it's not you know, motherfucker's now everybody know he out. You know what I'm saying, and it is what it is, you know.
Speaker 3: But let's get back to the West Coast for a second, right that moment that Kendrick just had. Have you ever seen that type of thing since all in the same game, what the like showing that comarader to that unity with the West Coast California artists.
Speaker 4: No, I ain't seen that sense since that. You know this, that was something that very was really needed the West Coast. You needed to be able to come together like that from the Bay Bey to La it's always been, you know, a connection, but you know, we needed to come together like that, and you know, and represent the West because you know a lot of uh, you know, we stick together, but we see a lot of other uh you know, the South, they stick together. You know, the East, everybody rock you know what I'm saying, But the West we beef within each other a lot, you know what I'm saying. But now you know that right there, let it know, let everybody know we can't come together.
Speaker 2: Pos. Yeah, that's something you should make the noise. Sure, I ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 3: Watching that concert, it was like the first time like I seen it's wrapped like transition, like like like it kind of like like this he's the new king. Like they didn't say that. They didn't say man like like like having Drake come out and say I see that people like you have the biggest of the biggest West Coast guy come out and he's not this is you know Drake. But but you know him just co signing that and then that's that record. Just you just want to you just want to do a fucking gang dance.
Speaker 2: And that ships been stuck in my said, you woke up. They're not like us. I woke up with that stuck in my They not like us, They not like us. I woke up.
Speaker 3: You can use that for anything. It's anthem for everything. Yeah, listen to the lyrics and you're like, wait a minute, maybe this is not that really.
Speaker 2: You asking how the body is got, you know, So let's.
Speaker 3: Move around, Okay. One eighty seven poof classic classic fun song.
Speaker 2: Man. Look, the crazy part about that song is that it came in a.
Speaker 4: Dream, like before I was famous for any of that ship. You know what I'm saying, before y'all even heard of Spice one, any of that ship.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 4: I was dreaming, and uh, you know, I literally, man, I'm gonna say it. I literally sat there and I prayed. I said, you know, God, I want to be a rap star.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 4: I want to I want to be a dope or whatever whatever. And I had had a little drink or whatever before and then I laid down or whatever and I.
Speaker 2: Went to sleep. This is some real ship.
Speaker 4: And I started dreaming that I was famous, but uh uh. It was this dude standing on the street on the corner and he was playing some music and I walked up to him and say, man, you know what's that you playing? And he was like, spice one, it's the new ship. So I'm dreaming this ship. Just before I'm famous anything, I'm dreaming this. And he was like, spice one, it's the new ship. And and something, something in the back of my head said, stick your head in the car and see what song made you famous. So I stuck my head in the car and I heard myself say he had the Nini the a K right, And I'm like, you know, then I woke up.
Speaker 2: I'm like, who the fuck is E? Who the fuck is J? Who the fuck is E? Oh? Ship? What if they so dope on Hennessy Street. I said that to myself too.
Speaker 4: I was like pen and pad nigga, Penny pad, And so I got there, I got the right and it you know what I'm saying. Clock in the street called Hennessy Robbers with the mother fucking name Oe E had a Bitch and the name was Gen had a Nigga name Juice doing Time of the Pen. You know, half the ship that we got sitting up here. So I'm like, you know, I'm gonna keep going and going and going. And by the time I finished, I'm like, okay, I got a whole verse and ship. At the end, I'm like, fucking indoor, smoke them all.
Speaker 2: Ship.
Speaker 4: And so I tried to say to a few of my friends, and they thought I was crazy until I got it down. Then once I got it down, they told me, don't say that wrapped to nobody else because somebody you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying. So once I got it on the.
Speaker 3: Solo, mom deep down Q Tip produced did you get rid of?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Man, you to produced that?
Speaker 2: Do that?
Speaker 3: But yeah, man, I always knew that. Like when I heard that, I was like, oh, they got that from.
Speaker 2: Me, you know.
Speaker 4: And I see a lot of artists doing that, but I kind of try to stay in there, in that, in that doing as far as that being my style, I try to do that ship. But I like when I see artists do that ship, you know what I'm saying, That's that's cool. I always sit back and be like, yeah, do that ship, nigga. You know what I'm saying, yeah, hell yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 3: So like I said, we bossing around a little bit. When was the first time you met pop?
Speaker 2: Who was that? Who was that? Uh? In my neighborhood video?
Speaker 3: Your video in my neighborhood she's really doing my interview, that's all in my notes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: In my neighborhood video and you know, uh, it was was shooting and pot came over there.
Speaker 2: He just came out the clear blue sky was like.
Speaker 4: A keple of minutes brain with the nine and you know you singing the stutter rapping ship that I've made. And I was like, damn. I was like, that's two poles, Like what uthing? You know what I'm saying. I started thinking about him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he already did Juice.
Speaker 2: Yeah that movie was like fresh out and everybody was still watching it.
Speaker 4: And ship, you know what I'm saying. But you know, he knew all the words to my ship. So I was like, you know, automatically hit it off. I'm like that nigga singing the stutter rap you know the words to that mother that's hard? Well yeah, so we you know, after that, it was like, you know what the bitch is said, Man, let's go let's go kick it, Let's go to the club.
Speaker 3: Let's do what we were too young to get in the club seventeen somewhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we still standing by the store trying to get people to get us.
Speaker 2: Uh, get us afterohol and Ship you know.
Speaker 3: Both got records off. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I can't give a goddamn drink. Can't get it records about drinks, about drinks by how the song one of these seven proof is on the radio, bang and they looking at me like, you can't buy the herd.
Speaker 4: No, nigga, go in there and give me a body else. You seventeen, you just get us some damn drink?
Speaker 2: Please? Oh now?
Speaker 1: And then what about the name Spice Onolle? How does that come about?
Speaker 4: Well, you know, sp spike stands for sex, pistols into cash and entertainment and uh and and and and the one is you know I you know, at one time I put them off first, you know what I'm saying. But the name actually at the later on in life, you know the reason why I put the one on the name uh, at the end of the name started uh having a multiple reasons, you know what I'm saying. Like sometimes when I was rocking. I had to rock by myself, you know what I'm saying. That first album my dropped, I didn't have no features on there. It was just me and we sold a million copies. You know what I'm saying, And and and and and it's hard to you know, UH tell me uh that I need somebody like that went out and the out and already rocked by myself and did it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: With the right people behind me as far as UH marketing and promotion and all of that stuff, you know what I'm saying, I don't need uh to do have a feature on my records. You know what I'm saying, some other nigga wrapping on there. I don't need that nigga on there.
Speaker 2: I can.
Speaker 4: I can do a whole record by myself and still have motherfucker's cracking, you know, had that ship popping, you know what I'm saying. And that meant a lot to me too, you know what I'm saying. So now it's like features is cool, you know, but you gotta be able to hold your own motherfucking ship, you know what I'm saying. You know, That's why I put the one on the end of my name. Sometimes you gotta rock by yourself, right.
Speaker 2: It makes me think of DMX. Yeah, yeah, you had you.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you gotta go, man, you know what I'm saying, especially if you know you capable shit. You know what I'm saying. I know I can, I can, I can get on stage. I still, man, I still get on stage and rock with no music. I don't need I tell them to cut the fucking music off, Nigga, let me know. Let let me let y'all know how I get down before anything. Then we can start the show, you know what I'm saying. Or or at the end of the show. You know what I'm saying. If if by the end of my show you wasn't impressed, We're gonna cut the motherfucking music off and I'm gonna show you who I really am.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So that's that's why you know, Yeah, you gotta be able to do that. You know what I'm saying. Who would you go gett at versus anybody? If you had to pick it, maybe uh your choice ship.
Speaker 4: Damn man, that's crazy because it'll be anybody. Anybody can get it. I got love for all every every rapper in this every rapper in the world, niggas that came up for me.
Speaker 2: But any of y'all can get it. And y'all know what it is. Man, You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yuck mouv Hell yeah, you know what I'm saying, Man, you could be That'll be fun, you know, because because we got we got the I got five on the songs and all of that ship we turn up.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Definitely shout out to the loanis man. Let me keep thinking, mister fab.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mr fab Man, I got I got hit fab on a new album, you know, on some new ship I'm working on.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, So stay tuned for all of that ship. One more, you go, one more.
Speaker 1: Don't gotta stay by area. I like saying he could, He could, He could be very with it.
Speaker 2: I mean, but.
Speaker 4: You would have to find an artist that can match because I because because the one thing I'm gonna do it like I always do, I'm gonna cut the music off and I'm gonnay rolling up with the script, leaving the doors of mister busts liter right know, I gotta be smoking up with the foot to the pedal through the getto fall from a rock star, but playing with heavy metal watch a nigga cop calls and play with hell hit ca ons on cop calls on puls because my brother gotta ride my wid gaspright dip hit. If you call us some black on black six, I'm gonna cut the music off and start doing that ship. So you know, then whoever can fuck with that then tell them to come on here. And that's just some ship I got. You know what I'm saying. If I actually wrote, you know, I don't even write no more with my nigga.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I heard start spinning.
Speaker 2: Baby, Here's what it is. You know what I'm saying. It's it's this music.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: You gotta be like a motherfucking you know, the dude with the long ass beard. I just saying, got the long on beers. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: The motherfucking o g to the master.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, after all of these years, if you don't master that ship, then you got a problem.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. If you can't after all.
Speaker 4: Of these years, if you got to, if you still got to sit down there and write your ship and all of that. Then you know you didn't learn nothing through the all of this time. It should be easy to get up there. These motherfucker's only all they want to twelve bars, now, twelve bars and the eight bar hooks.
Speaker 2: That's so fucking easy for me.
Speaker 4: Sixteen we was doing sixteen three, sixteens, eight bar hooks.
Speaker 2: Writing that ship down. And then if you fucked up back in the day, if you fucked up your wrap back in the day in the studio, you have to they have.
Speaker 3: To cut the music off.
Speaker 1: They have to go back there to the real where you fucked.
Speaker 3: Up at, cut that off, take it back together, and then start you over. If you fucked up back then now you could just say, okay, y'all, go back, I fucked.
Speaker 2: Up, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, it's different now trying to pull up.
Speaker 3: Was your ship that you did on the Michael Jackson, Yeah, rapping on what is that?
Speaker 2: Man? I did that ship?
Speaker 4: That's the street general, you know, and it's it's like this meme every you know, thing on everybody put it out there, and it's like, you know, I took Michael Jackson ship turned it into some gangster ship, you know, the first time I did it, I was in Germany, and I and I you know, and I was spinning it and I had to stop, literally stop rapping, dude, and wait for these motherfuckers to quit screaming.
Speaker 3: Over the crowd. Or you did it live, you're saying live in Germany.
Speaker 2: I had a start.
Speaker 4: I had to, And at first I was really upset, like, man, come on, y'all, let me finish this, Ship, I said. I mean, they were screaming loud as fucking I was like, it's all we love, and so I love, just you know, let them scream.
Speaker 2: I can't sure. I'm pretty sure. I was in a few different different parts and ship.
Speaker 4: I didn't think the show was gonna be that damn pat you know it, you know it was. It was cracking, but I couldn't believe how loud they were screaming. So I knew that somebody to go fucking record that song, go recording ship. So I recorded, you know, two versions of it, the old school version and then a new version.
Speaker 2: I just recorded. Y'all can check that out anywhere?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, no, no, no re checked it out? Did did Michael Jackson? The State contacted? Yes?
Speaker 2: No, I was I was expecting them to like, you know, they got they got to hit me up once somewhere.
Speaker 4: But you know, ship maybe they probably just like this nigga crazy.
Speaker 2: He ain't getting no money on that ship anyway. Fun that we got away. Do what you do?
Speaker 3: Help me, you know, so let me what's your favorite part of it? Is it making the record or performing the record? Performing? And definitely get out of here.
Speaker 4: Definitely performing because well I came into the game solely on performance. Like you know, when n w A came out to Oakland to uh On on that uh On that tour. I was to open and act when they came to Oakland at the skating ring the first yeah whoa and I opened up, you know what I'm saying. And I had to turn a lot of motherfuckers in front of me that didn't know who I was and give a funk who I was. Boo, nigga, bug the funk out. We want to see n w A all of that ship. I had to turn them up.
Speaker 2: Yeah I am, they want to see. But you're still the guy in the bay correct. Yeah you know what I'm saying. But no M at the time, you know, and I.
Speaker 4: Was just like, man, you know I'm thinking back, you know, shout out to the homie Piso, you know, he was my my DJ back then, and he was like, you know, let's do this ship.
Speaker 2: We got the song, let's just do it.
Speaker 4: And so I'm like, okay, you know, fucking let's let's go out here and turn this. When I was doing that Pizzo house and ship, and it was like, fix me a beat. You know, I'm Spice wanning. He was Piso to be fixed, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, fix me a beat, Nigga, fix me a beat, and he was like fix me.
Speaker 4: We started knocking sh it down, but I had to turn that crowd in front of me, uh, from haters into motherfuckers. We had love for me right there in everybody else's face, and that was That was a tryump. That's why I like being able to perform my shit more than them listening to it, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That must have been a game changer though. Yeah, through that show like this, did shit changes? You notice should change after that show for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was still in high school. Yeah, I was still in high school.
Speaker 4: I went back to high school, like, yeah, just turned that NWA shit out, you know.
Speaker 2: But I learned. I learned. Yeah, it was because because I.
Speaker 4: Was passing off the flyers before and everything at school. They you know, I had haters and ship you know, they believe me. Some of them didn't believe it, thought I was bullshitting, But my real friends came up there supported me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Shout out to my real homies, especially the homies of Brookfield, not yet of Brookfield. All my hat with homies came through and supported me even when I was sixteen.
Speaker 3: Shout out, baby, blow God, damn well, Spice. We want you to know our show is about giving people they flowers. We wanted to give your flower space space man and man, tell you how great you are, tell you how much you deserve these flowers. We've been when we started good and then and then the words of Snoop is better than the Grammy because they come for your people, you know.
Speaker 4: Man, who've been trying to make a happen. I can't stop looking at this, bro. That's what the fun IM talking about.
Speaker 2: That damn them. I mean, thank you. I really appreciate that. You know you be and my friend.
Speaker 3: But I've really written research, I really writ in research and did And one of the things that was like a little disturbing to me was I believe he was like one of the first West Coast people to go platinum. Like I'm engaged the hip hop, right yeah. Besides, like you know, like ice Tea and but ice Cube. But I'm still in a different generation, so the new generation.
Speaker 2: He was like the first.
Speaker 3: But what made me a little upset was me reading and me you know, researching and watching videos and you said you only made thirty to one hundred thousand off of eleven million.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we wouldn't we We really didn't get no money out of that. You know, I couldn't even pay off my house and ship.
Speaker 3: You know, I just made eleven million, Yeah, millions, made eleven million, made it, eleven million made it?
Speaker 2: Well you think you think I have?
Speaker 4: We had nine hundred thousand and thirteen dollars a unit, right right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We somewhere around there, and this is on jove, this is on job. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then I did, like what three or four more albums did the same thing back to back, right, and this is all gangster ship. It wasn't no, I wasn't trying to make no hot singles and ship like that. I was just spitting what was on my mind, you know, because I really believed that that if you said what you feel and kept shit realed, then then motherfucker's gonna fill you out there. They're gonna catch that same energy. So that's why I was, uh, you know, floating towards That's why I was. I was getting that all the real motherfuckers, you know what I'm saying. So shout out to all the real motherfuckers out there who bought my ship, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you, right.
Speaker 3: Because.
Speaker 2: Me, I.
Speaker 3: Saw a fucked up deal, but I didn't have success my first album.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so me not being successful.
Speaker 3: Kind of worked out, yeah, because I had a fucked up deal. But you add a fucking up deal with a successful album.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, So.
Speaker 3: What successful albums? He said, albums? I mean, let's just stay on that first one for a second, right, because is that when you figure out that you're in the fuck up situation after that first album?
Speaker 2: Or is it?
Speaker 4: It took me after the first well maybe the third album, okay, and I started thinking like, you know, hey, you know they I know, they made a lot of money, way more money than than I did. But damn, at least I can just try to pay Can you pay off my house? My house was only one hundred and thirty thousand. Why ain't been able to pay off this house? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And you're still young, You're really young. Yeah, I'm only like twenty three, I think. So everything's new to you, all the economics of things. Yeah, I didn't know no shit. Man.
Speaker 4: I got into the game knowing nothing, but I had to learn, you know, the hard way, you know what I'm saying. I ended up giving them more albums, and you know, falling deeper and deeper into it, and uh, you know, by the end, by the time I got off the I wanted to get off the contract, out of the contract, and everything they were was no promotion and marketing under the videos for.
Speaker 2: The last album that you put.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, you know, so I gotta lead with a two hundred thousand my last record do too?
Speaker 2: Three hundred thousand?
Speaker 4: You know, enough to get them some money, but enough to stop you from action. Yeah, I'm still in debt and from actually getting another deal, you know what I'm saying. So it was hard after that, But after ninety nine after I got off the label, I had to learn everything.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It took another ten years to even learn the independent game, you know what I'm saying. And you know I made a lot of mistakes doing that. So but to stay relevant, you know, all I just kept, you know, made sure that mastered my craft and kept my sword sharping as far as you know, mastering my craft and being able to spit and uh and uh you know, uh get my audience fired up, you know what I'm saying. Being able to hold your own in the show or whatever. Being able to to get the crowd going or whatever when you spit even though they ain't never heard the song or they know the songs. Your new ship, your old ship. You gotta kind of stay relevant out here, you can. You got to keep spitting. But because that's what you do. You know, I don't have another job, you know what I'm saying. I'm a rap artist. I don't I don't have another job as a as a I don't sell houses, I don't do no extra ship out. I'm a rap artist. All my money I made came off this music, you know what I'm saying. And that's something I'm proud to say. You know what I'm saying. Uh, even though it's a lot of other other artists venture out into it, a lot of different things, I just know this is what I'm good at and that's how I get my money.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Live eat sheep, ship this ship. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So we had other artists on and a lot of them are looking forward to what is it thirty five years or thirty years? Thirty years, thirty years that your master reverts back to you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but and then you but then you got to go through a lot of paperwork and whatever and.
Speaker 2: File this and file that soldiers got this ship back.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it's possible where you do it.
Speaker 4: You just got to have the right team and people behind you to say, Okay, look, let's get your fucking master's back.
Speaker 2: Let's call this lawyer and get because you own all your ship.
Speaker 3: Now, right, you know it's been more than thirty years, correct, Yeah, yeah, so you should, you should, you should get yours back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hell, I'm working on that, and we're definitely working on that. When I do, y'all definitely gonna know, yeah, saying I'll dropping my own projects and doing my own ship and.
Speaker 3: Do your own shit over yeah exactly, Yeah, the remix of this and remixing that master or whatever.
Speaker 1: So so.
Speaker 3: My first album I didn't have the the correct representation or whatever, right, But then that second album I went in yeah, and I for more report to.
Speaker 2: An album and then an R album.
Speaker 3: I like, I was, I don't want to say, like I became a dick. I didn't kind of trust anybody because I had just went through like.
Speaker 2: The bad shit.
Speaker 3: So I was just like, you know what I mean, was that something like I don't want to say bitter because I wasn't bitter. I was just what's that shit called paranoid? I was paranoid, like I was. Anybody wanted to work with me, I was like, all right, cool, just do this like this like this, because I just felt like everyone was taking advantage of me. Had you ever got to that point where you was just paranoid?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Because you can see you know, you can see people.
Speaker 4: You can tell when people don't really give a fuck, they're just kind of like trying to get the money. After the situation, you know what I'm saying, and you kind of like, well, you know, whatever happens, uh, it's a it's gonna be at at at your at my expense. If this don't fall through, if that don't fall through, they gonna look it at me, you know what I'm saying. So but but you got to the people that you work with. You gotta have faith and confidence in them, and they gotta be real motherfuckers.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Now you know better how to you know, choose characteristics in the motherfucker. Back in the day, you know, we was just out here kind of.
Speaker 2: You was trying to get out the hood.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Were trying to get out of the hood. But I didn't want to. I made my first fifteen grand make it through music.
Speaker 2: It wasn't no, it wasn't selling though like that, I'm jealous. I think, hey, you know I want through to remind you. Remember it was like I think we did that song song yep, we did a yeah, And I was like studios, yeah, the stereos and jobs.
Speaker 4: I was like, I was like, nah, man, I was like I was out and I think we did another song to I did one with you or something yes, And then and then I was like, I'm not gonna charge you ship, yes, And he was like, no, I'm not gonna charge you ship anyway. And then I said, now fuck it. I said, you got a major deal. I said charge me to don't charge you. We're gonna buy some weight we can get. We got paid.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you're gonna talk you about.
Speaker 3: That, because you know, me and him one of our major arguments, and sometimes I'm on his side and I feel like sometimes he's on my side.
Speaker 2: Too when due to certain circumstances.
Speaker 3: I always say that the artists should actually start off major, get all that promotional money that because they can't.
Speaker 2: Take back fan. Yeah, they can't take that.
Speaker 3: They can't take back fing like they can do. Like I'm saying, use all the marketing dollars, you know, go on the tours.
Speaker 2: You know, go to the you know.
Speaker 3: The breakfast clubs, the big boys, the Drake Champson. Okay, we wasn't invented then, but uh yeah, uh.
Speaker 2: E bros.
Speaker 3: Or whatever, like, use that up at least for that first album, right at least for that first album. And once you become that superstar, that megastar, then you either branch out and you tell them yo, you know, I want to own a piece of myself or let me let me buy myself out of the contract. I mean, depending on how big you are. It's kind of impossible sometimes, but it is possible. Like God, bless God, bless me for using this example. But before he before he was in jail, Tory Lanez brought himself out of his contract. He's one of the first artists to have a successful album and then go to his label and have enough money to say what do I owe? His's what I owe?
Speaker 2: I want to leave. Yeah, he did it. That was a boss move, right, he did it.
Speaker 3: He had hit on a minority. They could. But I'm saying, haven't hit. Sometimes will work against you, though, ef N, because they're like, you made this money for us. He's writing music. His checks were different than the average you saying. He was writing other artists musical.
Speaker 2: He was very.
Speaker 3: But this is what I'm saying, because you know how many and you argue about the situation.
Speaker 2: I don't want to argue about Okay, okay, this is the beta man. You know what I mean? Another argument, it's the beta man.
Speaker 3: But what I'm saying is, if you had enough bread and you could come to the label after once selling one successful platinum album. That is the ideal, quite essential situation when I'm talking.
Speaker 1: About where you be independent major, right right. You understand that's rare that that could happen.
Speaker 2: It's very rare, but just seen it happen.
Speaker 1: In this day, the percentage of artists that even gets signed and have successful releases is very minimal.
Speaker 3: You know, get shoved. I know a lot of.
Speaker 2: That ship is like the spirm trying to get to the egg. Yeah. Man, you know it's it's like they're all trying to get.
Speaker 1: To that apartments to push their record and.
Speaker 2: This is an old school crazy hood drink.
Speaker 3: Why is that's the nasty It's it's the way, it's.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you know, put some ship together over there. You got seven proof but streaming you were streaming or nah.
Speaker 4: I think that we need to get paid more because you know what, we're not even getting a penny of stream So that's that's that's that's just slavery, bro. You know damn. You know it's like, where are they gonna pay their motherfucking artists?
Speaker 2: Man? Like, what are we just slaves to the rhythm?
Speaker 3: Bruh?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, We never go get paid for this ship, like, we really got to go after our money. So, I mean, streaming is is cool, but it's it's just you know, you got to do so many.
Speaker 2: Streams and get some fucking money. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I heard right now. The artists are so dumb. This is this is I heard this from the inside of the inside. So I gotta be very careful of What I'm saying is that when the producer goes produces the record, they go to the person who has the master and they say, well, who owns the masters? They don't even speak to the artists, to the artist.
Speaker 2: They do it.
Speaker 3: It's shady. They are streaming general general not not streaming coming up. But what they doing is that said listen, but listen listen to hit me out.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Spice comes to me, he signed, he signs the artist, right, he signs the artist. I'm the producer, he owns the master. I'm the producer automatically, I own the fifty percent of the other thing.
Speaker 2: Right. Then they go to the publisher and they.
Speaker 3: Have the publisher by the artists publisher out and the artist has nothing. Artists that you have to be in this media to get his publishing No, no, no, What what I'm saying is he owns the master. I'm labeled as the producer. And then you I forget what your world was when I said.
Speaker 2: You didn't give me a role.
Speaker 3: You're publishing company. Yeah, you're publishing company. So the artist is so dumb. They get their advance and then the publishing company comes to them and says, are another and he just signs off because for a first say to you, I'm gonna take your H two O. You say, who gives a fun? But you said I'm gonna take your air like oh ship. So that's what they way. So the artists have literally when they give advances of publishing, yes, so.
Speaker 2: Have nothing to do with their own ship.
Speaker 3: If you don't, if you don't, if you're if you have like one of those records that is just reacting in the neighborhood and it's not in these clubs and it's not in the radio, then you literally will be bro the literally you will literally have nothing because there's no residuals. Yeah, at least they give us the lituals. You get like they say, you get half a cent word.
Speaker 4: You ain't really getting shipped, you know, anybody you you deal with nowadays and you talk to them, they said, you know, no money in it, and it's it's industry and no money in the game right now, you know, except for CEO.
Speaker 2: Except for the sex for streaming companies. In the streaming companies they.
Speaker 3: Get leam Cole said to us, it's the best time to get in the music industry because you don't have to produce the music, meaning you don't have to produce the CDs.
Speaker 2: Remember how much the cost, Remember.
Speaker 1: How the album and you know how easy it was to aunt for that. Huh, how easy it was for you to account if you made your own CDs and pressed up CDs.
Speaker 3: We was complaining about that ship. We were complaining about you. We can't track the CDs. You can't track a stream.
Speaker 1: But in the streaming company will be like, oh, yeah, you had a million streams and really you had three million stream and you know they don't cut checks if you don't reach a certain threshold streams. So they keeping some money from small artists that don't reach let's say a thousand streams. Right, if you have nine hundred and ninety nine streams, you don't get a check. Wow, So that means they holding checks for all because you know, now there's a million artists out there throwing their music into the system. So they keeping that money, They keeping that money, they keeping.
Speaker 3: Them And this is my point. Mind you, I told you two different stories, one from Leo and one from these other people, so that lets you know that right now, so many people are opening record companies just because of that. It's because of their relationship with the with So you're the record company, I'm the producer, and he's the publisher. But we all down, you the publisher, but they all down together, and then they signed Kareem, who is the artist. Kareem doesn't know. Kareem taking there. I'm taking your publishing, y publisher, I'm taking your No, he owns the masses. Yes, so you ma man, Yeah, that's that's how I fucked up.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, my own ship, my first meeting and I gotta go to the back and coming right back. I mean the very first meeting, my very first meeting as a solo artist. I was on Compona Norca. Pone is locked up and I go to a meeting and for some reason, I go early. No rapper goes nowhere early. But I knew that it was my advantage right right, So I went there half an hour maybe forty five minutes early. My look is in there with her shoes off, getting fat grace. I'm like, this is not gonna be a good deal for me.
Speaker 2: This like it was like it was there was nothing bad going on, But.
Speaker 3: I'm want to saying this, what first of what the fuck are you doing here early early getting fiked? And I don't want them to say who it is because I do businesses.
Speaker 1: Me back. But look, but with all that being said, and you being signed to Jive and going through all this that you went through, but the area you come from the Bay and that surrounding area it is so known for independence for out the trunk sales. Was there a time from where you're like, damn, what why.
Speaker 3: Am I on a label? And where what are those guys doing that I should be doing?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: It was but.
Speaker 4: I had what we had dropped one eighty seven proof of the the the single and then the EP let it be known, and it was it was just blew the fuck up, you know what I'm saying. Like it's like it was everywhere, you know, I was already touring in different states and all of that ship after the first EP independent. The first independent EP just set me the fuck off, you know what I'm saying, And and and then job came. So I didn't really have too much independence before the major Yeah, yeah, but but it was it was with another Uh, it was an independent label right with this lady. Because I was you know, I was you know, I was, I was twenty years old. I didn't know ship, so all I knew was wrap and get the money, you know what I'm saying, And and and uh, this label came tryat records, this lady named Georgette Willis, and she come out and she like, I got a record label. She meet me on the Dope on the Dope track where I'm selling dope. You know, I woul look at it here, you know what you're do it here? She's like, you want to buy some dope?
Speaker 3: She but not that dope.
Speaker 4: I'm like, you know, She's like you one, and I'm like, yeah, you know, She's like, can I get it a tape?
Speaker 2: And I gave her a tape and ship that I have made whatever she.
Speaker 3: Was selling crack and taste at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I have my dope down to sell down and down the sewer and ship tied to the fisher stree, you know, taken in the bushes like the song say she right up. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: She's like, you know, white white lady of black lady. She was like this crib lady.
Speaker 2: Man. She was beautiful. I was like, what the fuck? What the fuck? She was like white, white, white Mercedes Bens, white business skirt, and I'm like, what the fuck this lady doing here? She'd get your cup out of here, lady. That's all I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: We got beat for these niggas and tell them short stopping us down. There's been going down. My cousin riding around with her with a forty five hanging out his pocket on her on the bike. And I'm sitting over there with the Tech nine in the bushes and she pull up on my Spice one.
Speaker 2: You want to you got a tape?
Speaker 4: I gave her a tape, and you know, the next day she she uh, you know, I talked to her on the phone a few times and and the next day she came over and I had to have my mom. I was still young, you know, I had my mom, had my mom there and all of that ship. Uh to to talk to her about Farrest business, and my mother like, you know, it's just what you want to do. I'm like, I'm selling dope on the street nobody ever heard of and they were kinding for so she did.
Speaker 2: I didn't tell her that she id but you.
Speaker 4: Know I wasn't out there, but you know, so yeah, so I signed the ship and she We did the album and man, we did the EP.
Speaker 2: We put up.
Speaker 4: Banks came in the mix and started remixing the songs that I had already had in my neighborhood and one of seven proof and all of that. He started coming in and he threw his his his his shot in there and threw me a few beats and we had an EP. You know what I'm saying. We released the EP. Man, next thing, you know, it's all over the day. Like I actually got a chance to go into the record store back in the day and watch them just just buy my ship off the shelf. Just sit there and watch it all go, like, you know, I'm sitting They don't know it's.
Speaker 3: Me, just like in the dream though.
Speaker 2: It's crazy. I'm just sitting there, you know, Like there was no video music box back then.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it was just starting and we did one a seven proof video and we had the claymation of figures in there. You know that we actually had the bottles running around shooting each other and ship. You know what I'm saying that was the video is crazy and uh, you know I never thought uh that. I was like, shit is kind of crazy, Like I ain't gonna like that, but it was. It was number one on the box for a long time and I had to come out here to Miami the Box and.
Speaker 3: Yah, yeah I remember.
Speaker 2: I remember. That was literally the last time I was out here.
Speaker 3: Hold on, literally the last time you was that's crazy. It was when the box was there. Let's take a shot.
Speaker 1: No, no, but I just have a question. So so you guess you'd signed with her? She's independent. The deal you do with drive is it with her or no?
Speaker 4: It was literally it was with her. They you know, she wanted me to stay, uh with with the late want to do the independent thing. It really didn't, but to her she said, you know, if you want to go with the manor label, I'll let you out of the contract and you can rock.
Speaker 3: With She wasn't a part of the deal. She just lets you go from.
Speaker 4: You know, they gave us some mandeal to you know what I wanted to do that. I was like, no, I don't want to just go like that, like, you know, let them let.
Speaker 2: Him pay you.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, because if it weren't for you, this ship wouldn't have wouldn't it possible? So yeah, whatever they're gonna pay you, man, get that money. Get your money, girl.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go over here and get some get some money, you know what I'm saying. Then I get over there and they just would run through me. You know what I'm saying, Just not really.
Speaker 3: You know, you get these advances thirty thousand, yeah, forty thousand, then I get eighty thousand for the first time and a manager disappeared.
Speaker 2: Like so, you know, man, the whole.
Speaker 4: Time, you know you're getting you're getting gaffled the whole time.
Speaker 2: Bruh.
Speaker 4: If you don't, you know, it's like you trust people, You be around people thinking that you know that uh somebody, you know, the people that you got in your circle is cool, but they behind your back.
Speaker 2: Brouh.
Speaker 4: You know, it ain't really really ain't what it's the same with you think it is, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And in retrospect, you think if you would have stayed with her and kept going and would have made more money, you would have made probably more bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I heard you say you made way more money independent than you did made.
Speaker 4: Because I made you know, I just made it, you know, the first fifteen thousand independent and and you know, I thought I was on top of the world, you know what I'm saying. But it was it was better than it was better and better than trying to you know, selling double jack niggas and ships, stealing cars and all that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I felt that was a better deal. See me personally, me and EF we always argue for this.
Speaker 3: I believe in that theory that I just said, Like I like the majors a certain extent, you know what I mean, Like I like staying at you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when you got the right deal with them, it's everything is good. But then it's like the certain deals that they give you or they try to give you and you try to renegotiate, depends all depends on how bad they want you as an artist and they always you know that. The thing is like, it's like you got to make them come to you. You can't go to them. You got to make them come to you just like you know, you know a pip and tell you you know, you can't go to them.
Speaker 2: You got to make it come to you.
Speaker 4: You got to be so fly, you gotta be just so dope this to that point to where you make them come to YouTube where they know they can make money dealing with you, you know what I'm saying. And and and that's the that's the that's the trick, you know, because when you go to them, they treat you like you went to them. When they come to you, then you know they acquiring your services. So you gotta you know, you can got negotiating room and ship or whatever, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But when you go to them like you need something, they gonna treat you like you need something. Was there any time that you did you like being on a label?
Speaker 2: I love being on a label.
Speaker 4: It's just the point of of the The business part wasn't right, you know what I'm saying. The relationships between me and the people on the label was beautiful, but the business relationship wasn't right.
Speaker 2: You know, I wasn't getting paid like I never I.
Speaker 4: Never got the chance to buy my mama that house, even though even before she died. You know what I'm saying, I didn't get that money like that.
Speaker 3: Do you blame that more on your team or you're blaming more on a label.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of blaming on myself for trusting people and trusting the wrong pace people. You know what I'm saying. I should have trusted none of them cats. You know I should have. I should have went to maybe some different people or something and dealt with them. But you know, everything is a lesson to be learned, and now it's it's full speed ahead.
Speaker 2: You know. Uh.
Speaker 4: I look back just for clarific clarification and and uh and learning experience. But I just move ahead because it's like, damn, you know, I can't you know, I gotta watch this and watch that, you know what I'm saying. But you know you always got to think back and say, damn, you know, if I wouldn't have did this, this would have happened, you know what I'm saying. But it's all a learning experience. Now it's so long, and.
Speaker 2: Who was your management back then I had, Uh, I had John had this guy named John John crashed nothing. I had Chaz Hayes, and I had and I had, uh.
Speaker 4: Who's that after Chaz Hayes? Because I stop having managers after that. Yeah, I can't even remember it, but I just stop having managers after that, kind of just like, you know, man, you need to learn the business because yeah, yeah, it's too much money involved, you know. And and for me to trust anybody just somebody out of the blue, you know, just say they can be a manager and they have no credentials or clarifications or no contacts to you know, I say, Okay, you're a manager, Go give me a deal. You're a manager, Give me a good deal. I need a good deal for before at least at at least one point five. Go give me a deal for one point five and so we can actually drop a real project and I can do what I need to do, you know what I'm saying, And and and that's hard to find, you can't, you know. So I mean, with with all of that said, it's like, shit, I gotta go give me a deal for one point five. I gotta And at the same time, I gotta make them come to me, I can't go to them, you know what I'm saying. But a lot of these cats nowadays, they you know, they got they got enough d boy money to just say, Okay, I got one point five to invest in my first single to go platinum, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So it's different when you when you know, when you you.
Speaker 4: You going, uh purely off talent, trying to go off your skills and uh, and then you got then then then then the cat that got the bread and his ship is kind of cool, it's kind of dope, but you know he got enough money in nobody to put into it to make the ship sound like the best shitting you ever heard of your life, you know what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So let me ask you because in our error, you have to be skilled, you have to be nice. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. So you had to be there, get put on right now, right now. It's a popularity contest, contest. Yeah, the label will sign anything or get down with anything that's popular. It doesn't matter if the shit is talking about suck your own elbow, you know what I'm saying. Like they don't care, Like they don't care. Did you ever think that hip hop will go to that route where it's just like, hey, cut my toenails.
Speaker 2: I thought that mainstream hip hop would go that route, but I know that mainstream would go that route down once.
Speaker 4: Yeah, once they got to the mainstream. Once he got to mainstream, it's like, ain't'm telling what the hell like.
Speaker 2: Do with this ship now?
Speaker 1: Because remember there's a time that hip hop were being on the radio was frowned upon, like if he was really a hip.
Speaker 2: Hop like Hamma Hammer for instance.
Speaker 1: Right, well, I mean he got a lot of slack yeah for being as mainstream as was, but but in general like that, remember the song EPMD did a.
Speaker 3: Crossover, It's all like being on the radio.
Speaker 1: No, People were like, I don't want to be on the radio because it's gonna look like I'm going mainstream.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 4: It was times where I remember I got the funny memory of Easy E and Too Short trying to talk me into going to the radio station without the pistol.
Speaker 3: You've never you've been there without it before. I didn't want to go in there without the pisos. Oh wow, we was in Alante you that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got Too Short of the Easy East sitting there like, man, you know short like, man, you can't bring that ship in here and she got in here man, short like, man, you got to just go in there and do the interview. Just going easy, like, you got just go in there and do the interview.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm not going in there without my ship. I'm like, you know, hey, come on show. You know what it is.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying that because how much beef you had in the streets all that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, because of that, you know what I'm saying. And I'm like, you know, I'm not doing it. He's like, just easy, like just going there for about fifteen minutes, man, and you can come out and ship. And I'm like, I don't know. It took him about thirty minutes to talk to me. And then you know, I said, damn. You know what I'm saying, I gonna put the banger up in the car and.
Speaker 2: Go in there.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm sitting there like this is shit is crazy. You know what I'm saying. I'm on the radio, and I know I got enemies out here. These niggas can pull up this motherfucker any minute. That's what I'm trying to tell y'all. Can we just get the interview done. You know what I'm saying, trying to hurry up and get the ship done.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. This is a bang l a in l a Okay, go ahead and you know easy.
Speaker 4: It was like, I got some niggas outside, I want you to meet after you finished doing an interview, and it was it was bomb Thuds. That's when I first met them. Oh wow, that was cool. That was out in the van and ship the Easy Event. It was like a video. I went out there. The Easy Event was out there and they opened up. Hell of smoke popped out and then bone Thugs popped out, and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, what's up?
Speaker 3: Like my niggas meant for life all day? Y'all do music together. You got you and bone Thuns.
Speaker 2: Well, I got a song.
Speaker 4: I got songs with me and me and Lazy got I think like two songs.
Speaker 3: Because I definitely here. Yeah it sound great together. I got a song with Crazy too. I just got to need to get it. We all need to get together and do one song, like you know hell yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Was let's go plain playing them the rules.
Speaker 1: All right, this is our drinking game, ready, fish one, Let's go. We'll give you two choices.
Speaker 2: Pick one. We were not drinking.
Speaker 3: But trying to get this nigga drunk for years. He don't get drunk.
Speaker 2: You don't know. I sit there drinking. Well, I'm telling you it's not gonna work for.
Speaker 1: If you say both or neither of the choices. Hope, because he has Hennessy, I have hope. I don't know, man, he's like he for life. Any drinkers, he's not gonna get drunk.
Speaker 2: I like grew up on that ship. Hey, but Zito grew up it. We might turn around and push, but he's not. Hey.
Speaker 4: When I used to get sick, my my, my pops and he would make a hot tidy and it would be Hennessy and Hennessy and the team.
Speaker 2: So I've been drinking. I literally grew up on the ship. He establishes your pops a gangster. Okay, you want to.
Speaker 1: Just said a drinking Even when I explained it rules, it don't matter. Nobody I said you pick pick one, we're not drinking. Pick two or none were drinking.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're ready.
Speaker 1: Let's go, all right, and and give us any stories anybody we tell you.
Speaker 3: Anybody were talking, Okay, okay for damn show rock him Okay, rest one.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And they don't got to be whatever the crisis criteria. You could be there your best friend, the grant eggs and hand whatever.
Speaker 2: Ship man, it's there is one.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh I like you picked? Okay, Tupac or mac dre. By the way, those those two guys over there that write the questions, the Columbian and Dominican, just in case we don't write these questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all crazy.
Speaker 3: It's a cocaine section over there. You found they snipping cocaine and they're looking at it.
Speaker 2: They analyze you, they come up with the questions.
Speaker 3: Damn, I'm gonna have to go with pack. Okay, okay, now you know what, I can't even say that. You gonna say both.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I take your shot, Jamie where you're at. You're right there? Ship no, no, come on down there. Just oh, fellow, you know me? You say shot it, see the shot.
Speaker 3: Right away, like shoutout, just one right here, by the way, let's come back right in this one, dombe Remember those get mad e forty or too short?
Speaker 2: Ship shot? Yeah, shot shot clock, I take a shot on that. Look, by the way, I don't think I can pick me for forty and too short.
Speaker 4: Forty like my big cousin, And it's like the shortest like my uncle, Like pick me up. Excuse me sure, I used to pick me up from school man, take me to the studio.
Speaker 3: Who like to drive crazy?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who like to drink more? Forty or too short? This is not on the question. Well forty probably because forty drank. You know, he used to get it in. Yeah. See that's my friend. He get crazy when he get drunk, he gets funny. Forty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well he didn't get that crazy with us when he drink with us.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, but you start doing this ship shout out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but next time we drink. See on our food my food show, he got crazy, yes, and he and he's a connoisseur of wine by the way, like I did. And why became you fucked?
Speaker 2: Like a hood?
Speaker 3: A hood hood like black dudes like I Like, sometimes you'll be looking at them like come on, how you gonna be a connoisseur? But then you really realize, like like you know.
Speaker 2: He's a console with a lot of ship though you know wine.
Speaker 3: He's a super expert, like puts his nose and the ship and do all that crazy ship like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah yeah, I like that ship. I like when we got elegance fuck that.
Speaker 1: To shout out he forty two Short both drink Champs alumni.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna take a shot for that anyway. Okay, jay Z or Big Daddy came. Damn man, Big Daddy Kane. Okay you met him. Nah, but I'm just you know, Big Daddy Knees. Just that's a fly nigga right there.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I always try to be like Big Daddy. I was trying to be like Big Daddy kne I was against you a few times.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Syebros like him, like a little side like Bush. So we're not taking a shot. You can do the next one.
Speaker 2: Digital Underground. I think I know what you're getting. Damn, I gotta take a shot. Follow Salo.
Speaker 3: You was around Digital under around a lot. Yeah, I was around well, Digital Underground. I met Shot at a place called Music Unlimited, and I was I was. I was rapping with Too Short at the time, and even.
Speaker 4: Uh it was funny because Master Peak had brought me up, took me up there like Master p used to pick me up.
Speaker 3: Too, and be like, nigga, you wrap with two Shout Nigga, hang out Richmond. Yeah, okay, not to f He'll come pick me up, dude, you know, because I was, you know, to hell. I'm them young, so I'm.
Speaker 4: Like two or three years young. And he come swoop me up and ship and we'll be driving around. He'll be like, nigga, you rapped with two Shout nigga. You know, we're driving and he drive. We went to Music Unlimited or something and shot G. You know, He's like, yeah, I went up there and I think I was getting something or microphone or something up there, and he was playing the keyboards up there and shit. And I was like, damn, dude, it's dope as fuck on the keyboards and stuff. Walked over there and started talking to him, and he was like, yeah, I'm shock G man. I got a group called on Digit on the ground. I was like, yeah, I wrapped with two Short Man. We got a group called a Danger's Crew, and shit, you know what I'm saying. I think I'm like sixteen, bro, about fifteen sixteen, and you know, and that's when I met shot G. So it was always money be you know I knew him too. You know, he used to be in the in the east side of the Bay, around Union City and Hayward, Oakland and all that. I just knew him through the streets anyway. So these was kind of mutual with hummies before.
Speaker 2: They even before they came out with what you like.
Speaker 4: And I had heard Tupac too through through a lot of stuff too before I met him. He had like a little stuff floating around the hood and ship, you know, little songs and ship. So you know, everybody was kind of pushing even back then.
Speaker 3: And by the way, when we have guests here, we always bet if they're gonna be late or if they're.
Speaker 2: Gonna be on time. Oh yeah, and you lost the bet. You made all of us money today.
Speaker 3: He was late early, Okay, yuck mouth or JT the bigger figure.
Speaker 2: Damn, I take a shot.
Speaker 1: Take a shot, guys. M hm, that's a good one. Ready, wrapping Forte or Drew Down.
Speaker 3: I definitely gotta take a shot off me and Foeta go back to the Danger's Crew, you know, to tell me a funny story about Yeah, to the Dangerous Crew, bro and and and and drew Down. You know, man, that's just my that's my guy right there. You know, I talked to him every other day. We ride bikes and all that ship. You know what I'm saying. So, I mean, what kind of bikes? I got a Racker.
Speaker 4: I got a Racker, A nine hundred. It's like I got the two in the front, one of the back, like the fucking uh like a spider, but a sporty version of the spider.
Speaker 2: White.
Speaker 3: They made a bicycle. Nigga Tony talk about talking about Burnber as well.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm game. Yeah, I got got my helmet and ship, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: The jacket, Yeah, I got my vest. My I'm a Vegas rider. I got my uh patches and everything.
Speaker 2: Ships and glove. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We ride out here. Yeah yeah, you know what I'm saying. Uh drew down too, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: We ride.
Speaker 4: We ride together some time, all right. But you know he got to ride all the way out to Vegas and shipping. That's like a nine hour ride, you know what I'm saying. But if you a rider, you're a rider, man, you know what I'm saying. You just go you ride by yourself. Yeah, you gotta go hard. I rode through the storms and all that ship.
Speaker 6: How about pictures. Pictures you gotta watch all that ship. Broy hit you on that bike. It hits you like because you're going like you know, you keep the vest, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, see the movie Wild Hot, Yeah, I see that she was hitting markin.
Speaker 3: Like I was too hard to even the rain. You know, I see a storm coming, I'm like, fucking yo. But even it hits you, the rain even when hit your hands and you hear it hitting your helmet and ship like that.
Speaker 4: That ship hit hard when you ride, but you're riding. You a motherfucking rider, man.
Speaker 2: So when did you become wilf Way ship? You got some white d me too. Lot of clubs many not like a lot of it's a lot of especially you know, like dogs in the club too.
Speaker 4: Well, you got you got. You got the East Bay Dragons in Oakland. The first was the first motorcycle black motorcycle club. These bake dragons and they really you know they paths, huh, the cousins of the path something like that. You know, I guarantee a few panthers was up in there. They're still up in there, you know what I'm saying, so, I mean, you know, yeah, man, you know I just like burning rubber on the motherfucker.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Just hitting corners all the time, Okay.
Speaker 3: Burning right, yeah, smoking uncle now was a black biker. I'm like, when you come up to Vegas, let me know, I got an extra when you got hop on that motherfucker watching It ain't as fast as a nine hundred, but if you can get the six hondred on the ride on there, you know, so you you in Vegas, you living bigger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm out there now because let's get back.
Speaker 3: To that hold on us, back to all right, Biggie or big punt.
Speaker 2: Man. I gotta take a shot. I love Big Biggie Man. Real spit. I heard Biggie.
Speaker 4: They asked him who was his favorite rapper on the West Coast, Spice one, and that nigga says Spice One.
Speaker 2: I said, okay, that's my nigga. I don't give it, but you don't get no bigger he was. He was on the West Coast.
Speaker 3: Man's bigger.
Speaker 2: If you don't get no bigger, that's my nigga. Heard that interview ship. I think I heard that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the same interview, he kind of said something bad about forty on Yeah, the same interview.
Speaker 2: It was an the middle of that ship.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm Yeah, Okay, I'm like, you know, I fuck with all my East Coast niggas. It's hard just you know, met the man Man. I think I'm the only West Coast nigga on Wotan's Greatest Hits.
Speaker 2: Man, you know what I'm saying, Like that song with me and Meta man is on their greatest heads. Wow.
Speaker 4: And you know, and I listened to the Greatest Hits, I didn't hear nobody with me on there talking about Yeah, man, ship you know, shout out to the whole Wu Tang clamber, the Thiggas bro.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, Ship, Doctor Dre or DJ Quick.
Speaker 2: You know we're gonna have to take a shadow that way.
Speaker 3: I love And this is this is a this is a two part question going back to back. Okay, original or Death Row Tupac.
Speaker 4: I said the original Tupac because without the original Tupac, it wouldn't be a death Row Tupac. Like you know, he had to you know, learning a lot of ship and go through a lot of ship to become the death row Tupac in the in the and in that I respect that original Tupac for doing that, you know what I'm saying. So it's like, you know, damn, you went through a lot of ship to get to this point in your life to where you know, we're sitting up here and you tell you're telling me.
Speaker 2: This is what it was, This is how this is why everybody was confused. He's sitting here telling me. He like, I'm gonna show all these niggas what it is to be a real thug nigga. You die and you go to jail, nigga, that's what happened.
Speaker 4: He said, I'm gonna show y'all niggas what it is to be a real nigga, what happens to a real nigga, This thug life nigga. And he was like, when I die, they ain't gonna be able to compare every every rapper that come out behind me. They're gonna have to compare him, compare him to me. And he's in here telling me this. You know what I'm saying, This is the original. It's the original Tupac. You know what I'm saying. When we youngsters were riding around Oakland and ship. You know what I'm saying, We got the top down popping that bitches with Lake Mirriat. You know what I'm saying, This is what he's telling me, and I'm you know, I'm with it. I'm like, hell yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Fuck that but not knowing you know this need literally for telling his prophecy. You know what I'm saying, Like now, you can't you a rapper or any of artists that drop right now, They compare him the Tupac and certain and then they even get mad sometimes don't compare me to Tupac. You should be motherfucking really happy. They compare your ass to Tupac, no matter who the fuck you are, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: But the.
Speaker 2: Real ship.
Speaker 4: So I mean, you know that's why I like the original pot because I seen his his his his his, you know, his destination and where he was going to is his where he was you know it was headed and ship.
Speaker 3: Most of the time I have artists on here that he they even have a relationship with Tupac from the beginning, like meaning like the Digital Underground days, the Oakland days, and then we have people that separate that have been on that only knows that death Row tupac Right, real quick before I go to the next question, can you can you describe in your opinion I'm talking about what was the difference between between each.
Speaker 2: The difference was like he was more focused on on the world.
Speaker 4: Opposed to focused on you know, this beef he just got into because he got shot and all of that ship and you know what I'm saying, that altered his uh saying.
Speaker 3: The original was focused on the world, and the death Roll one was focused on the beef. Yeah, okay, I mean in general, Leig just be honest. He got shot, Yeah, shot to be killed and he survived it. That's gonna change anybody, man. I agree, that's gonna change.
Speaker 1: That's traumatic that there's a lot of slim I want to get into that.
Speaker 4: You know, I want to say, you know, little seas. You know, if you see this interview and you're listening brouh when you you know, we do need to talk. You know what I'm saying. I remember, you know, in the middle of the ship, in the middle of the beef I was in. I was at a club in New York and I was talking to Alan Ivison and Ship and black Robe came up and told me Little Sea's need to wanted to holler at me.
Speaker 2: And I was still mad because PoCA got shot, you know, and I was I was hot Dad got shot? Yeah, okay, good.
Speaker 4: After the elevator, Yeah, after quiet, I was hot, you know, because he had just told me the whole thing happened and all that ship and I seen it dan his head and I was still fucking hot.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like, how the fuck you come out here and get shot?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. So but so Little Seeds was like, you know, tell Spikes I want to holler at him. And I was like, you know, man, fuck that nigga. I don't need to go over there.
Speaker 2: Bruh.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, because I was hot, but you know, uh probably need to have that rank pimping real spit.
Speaker 3: Yeah nah, yeah for sure, go connect. Okay, now bring the other one Me against the world or mcavelly.
Speaker 5: Is that uh ship you leading the Witness? I can't I can't shoo between that firepop Okay, well fucking uh.
Speaker 2: Both grade albums.
Speaker 4: Shared so many tears video I was I was me and forty was in that video. MHM Pack was in jail, I think. So we had the Double come through and Ship motherfucker, you know, and I was, I know, I was really fucked up towards to do when he came in there because I was mad because my hommie was locked up and.
Speaker 2: Ship, who the Double?
Speaker 3: Come on, you're found nigga?
Speaker 2: You mean the Double you was? I was like, who is you?
Speaker 7: Nigga?
Speaker 2: You you you know he was hiring from.
Speaker 3: Your own team?
Speaker 2: How you just gonna come in here looking like my nigga? Man up out of here? But I was hired. Man.
Speaker 4: We ended up being cool though, we straight now, you know what I'm saying. I was just kind of like, man, you know it's nigga, ain't pack nigga.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Back up, I'm curious for this one Method Man or Red Man.
Speaker 3: Ship Man. Hell no, we got a drink both of those. My homeboy, me and Meth got the song. Me and Red Man got the song with Men with m c A that ship slapped.
Speaker 4: You know, we always been cool with them cast We never you know, had no disagreements or nothing. I've been knowing that I've been knowing her for years. Last time I seen red Man was in the airport. I passed.
Speaker 2: We chopped it up for a minute, shook hands, and we was both on in the rush. You know what I'm saying. But yeah, man, that was my truth.
Speaker 3: Brother, Little minutes society or boys in the hood.
Speaker 2: Men, it's in society because you're tied to minute society.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was dimming Park beat the nigg up too, right, Yeah? Yeah, I was kind of you see how I scatuated into that. I was, I kind of you was there when that kind of gasted up right?
Speaker 2: Count in the hell.
Speaker 3: He was like, don't get them.
Speaker 2: I think they was gonna be at the video though, But if I knew that there was gonna be there, I wouldn't have been saying all that ship because Pop was like, I'm gonna beat thing, motherfucking ass. And I was like, you ain't gonna do nothing, nigga. I was like, what you gonna do, nig You ain't gonna do that, nigga. What you gonna do? He was like, I'm gonna beat the ass. Watch I'm gonna fuck the niggas up.
Speaker 3: And I was like, you ain't work in the paper.
Speaker 4: They Yeah, He slapped the paper on my knees soon as I got in the car, and I was drunk his head and I was like, what.
Speaker 3: The young ages. That was the first Internet. It was called the paper up the newspaper. You had to actually read. Now, go on your phone to the front of your poor actually pick up the paper and actually picked up the paper and read it. And he was Megan all first Internet. He was supposed to be in minister society.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was supposed to be old Dog. You know, I can see when they told us this at the video. I was gonna be old Dog. I had the script and everything. My manager at the time didn't follow through with the fucking ship, so I ended up firing his ass. Fire this funk out of that, nigga. You know what I'm saying, Chill the mother ass. Somebody here fucked up a major motion picture movie. Roll, nigga, he's still.
Speaker 2: Again. You know, I had to script and everything.
Speaker 4: I'm sitting there reading the script and all of that ship waiting.
Speaker 2: On the call and all that.
Speaker 4: That ain't no fibino call because this motherfucker ain't called nobody.
Speaker 3: You still got the stocking cap on, just like old dog did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know that's how That's how we was rocking.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Niggas at the motherfucking braids and ship I was tripping like, oh ship, the braids that looked like me on that mother may Why you got.
Speaker 3: Bread smoke an old school blunt, just got hash in it. Oh hell yeah, come on, get your lungs, Get your lungs back to.
Speaker 2: The day smoke all day nineties. I ain't gonna lie you.
Speaker 3: You in twenty twenty six like a motherfucker. By the way, I've been watching this whole time. You were surgical. How the fuck you roll? And you got the canoe to and at the end, you know that makes that hit a shotgun?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know you gotta hit. Make sure that ship hit right. Sometime you breaking apart at the end. You gotta roll it right.
Speaker 2: Some skills together, man, you know what I'm saying. Everybody gotta get that roller skills up. You know what I'm saying. You smoke right, And.
Speaker 3: We don't have to chalkboard, right? Do we have to chalkboard? But you want to do to use the computer because I want them to after this, I want them to play a game I want him to name people from the Bay and the name people for Miami Day, and let's see who wins that game in New York. Nah, you know with Trump, y'all. You know what I'm saying. But Trump, you you know what I mean? Okay, nixt hustle or easy? Damn you You and you were having a nigga out here twisted like Licorice. I told you just to call here and dominican him just to make sure that the guests drink.
Speaker 2: Easy or some piece of both. We had this game we used to play and ship.
Speaker 4: And and uh, every time I seen him, I give him a hug and I tap his back to see if he had his bulletproof vest on the ship.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he'll do the same, you know what I'm saying. He tap my bag and then we look.
Speaker 1: Check.
Speaker 2: I've never heard what Every time I say, I'm like, what's up? You got that? Motherfucker?
Speaker 3: You gotta Did you have an album covered with a vessel?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's my style. It's like I would have worn one to day. But I don't want motherfuckers to think, you know, somebody trying to get that or nothing. You know what I'm saying. So I just you know, it's a style for me, you know what I'm saying. I like wearing that ship. You know, I don't give fuck with motherfuckers. Oh he's just wearing it because of style.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am.
Speaker 4: The shit looks dope. He messes with my oozy motherfucker. That's what my chopper, nigga.
Speaker 3: It will save you. I wasn't ready you ever met Nipsey or any interaction with Nipsey. Nah.
Speaker 2: You know what? But I think it was crazy is that my.
Speaker 4: My baby mama was in the studio one day and she knew who he was, and she was with my daughter and my daughter was like maybe three, and he took a picture with my daughter.
Speaker 2: That was cool, you know.
Speaker 4: So I got a picture with him my daughter, and I show my daughter all the time, like you know what this is. Know, she's she's twelve now. She was three then, yeah, she was like three year old. But it was crazy, you know, so hell yeah, shout out to Nipsey though. You know that was some good ship. You know, it's it's just something you got. You can't be fucked up to your fans, bro, All these niggas out here doing stupid ass ship fucked up ship to your fans.
Speaker 2: Nigga. You need to be small, nigga. I don't give fuck who you is.
Speaker 4: If you fucked up to your fans, you ain't shit nigga, because you wouldn't be shipped without their motherfuckers. I love all my fans, and my fans some crazy motherfuckers, you know what I'm saying, and and and and for life. If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be here, you know what I'm saying. And niggas need to realize that if you're an artist or any type of movie we actor, I'm give fuck who you is. If you can't respect your fans, nigga, fuck you bro straight up.
Speaker 1: Before we go, because he's saying crazy motherfuckers. You made me think of uh insane clownpos You ever performed at the Gathering of the Jugglers, the Insane clown Posey Festival?
Speaker 3: Yeah you have?
Speaker 2: You said, I having performed there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think so that I might have you for that. You know, they they they they fuck with me tough.
Speaker 4: I just I'm tripping like we should have been into the song together anything, but because I've been hearing a lot about you know, they like your music. A lot of people come to me and say, you know the same clown possibly fuck with Spice one and ship.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, that's crazy. So maybe I need to tell into that ship. You know you should and if you go, just happ into them warning it's a fuss. It's crazy. Yeah, it's crazy. But yes, I think everybody I liked it was crazy. It's like he jumping around and ship.
Speaker 1: Like it's an experience already.
Speaker 2: Go out spinning kicks. Some motherfuckers accidents.
Speaker 3: They they like you let's put it that way, Oh ship, what well?
Speaker 2: I just put my best do maybe maybe my hel with my motorcycle. The more they throw it more than the next one. The medicine boys n w A.
Speaker 3: Public Enemy.
Speaker 2: N w A.
Speaker 4: I kind of want to take a shot because I love Public Enemy too. Chuck D's now we gotta take a shot, becau. Chuck D is like, you know, a mentor to me, Like I look at Chuck Chuck D.
Speaker 2: Like that's the whole shot. Yeah, it's still something that's my niggas. So he's gonna make sure I drink that ship. He was make sure you get your money.
Speaker 3: Let me let me, don't get trunk and get drunk. Let me ask you something, right and listen, is this is this is this is not scripted. This is this is really nothing here scripted. I mean what I'm saying is I just really thought, guys, really just thought about this, right, because you know, since this Kendrick thing has been going on, lots of people have been posting their old pictures of Kendrick. D posted an old picture of Kendrick which would have been it would have went over five, but quotes that they're not like us because they automatically make him an enemy of Drinke.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think. Let me.
Speaker 3: Let me let me refer the question if you of court and you have some type of relationship with Drake and your court, they're not.
Speaker 1: Like, like you're so happy's so happy to cipher sounds, But what do you mean cyber sounds?
Speaker 3: Cipher sounds.
Speaker 1: Supposedly, his his assistant posted a track, I mean a picture of him in Canada and put not like Us as the song on the post and it's supposed to forty hit up.
Speaker 2: Not very happy and you.
Speaker 3: Got your mad I've been.
Speaker 2: So yeah. I think there's two ways.
Speaker 3: I mean in Switzerland. There's two ways to take that. Take the stance.
Speaker 1: You could be on the on the team Kendrick and be against Drake or on the team Kendrick and before hip hops.
Speaker 7: Not to mean that you're against Drake. The way you just say that was very politically get right. I'm just saying, like you got you can't be none of the AO shot. You can't be mad at what Kendrick's doing unifying people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I'm saying this, But he's unifying.
Speaker 1: People under a war song. No, but but he's unifying people. He's bringing lyrics back into the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the lyrics I'm not saying about the people. I'm not saying about what you're saying. You're saying is correct. I'm saying if I'm a person down with Drake's camp and I'm down with.
Speaker 2: Drake's team, mean, am I taking it personal to see Lebron?
Speaker 3: They're not like us?
Speaker 2: Yes? Why am I taking that personal relationships with them? So that's yeah, Yeah, he might. He might take it a little personal, Like you.
Speaker 3: See somebody dancing to a disrecord against you?
Speaker 2: Against you? Yeah, I mean, you know, but.
Speaker 4: If you got any hip hop experience, then it's kind of like you just got to take that ship how it goes, man, because you know.
Speaker 3: Even even with now, but now it's different though, Yeah, it's different with you.
Speaker 2: It's different now. That was like personal personal crazy.
Speaker 1: There's layers I'm saying, there's layers to this situation. Yeah, it ain't as simple as we want to make it. Yeah, listen, I know at that club when that song come on, cold.
Speaker 3: Face face, you did you. I see what you're saying, bro face, because if somebody feel me, oh now I'm on slopside.
Speaker 4: Like like like I'm like, okay, Pervan Perman example, I hate what you're saying. Look eating quick, quick.
Speaker 2: Eating quick. That's what my nigging something crazy y bro like that, and everybody know that.
Speaker 3: The opposite of blood and crypts this is this almost seems like a blood and criped.
Speaker 2: Beef tweeting this ship. Come on there and go see eight.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're super neutral and didn't.
Speaker 2: Quick nigga coming through comingo. I'm like he's like, now come through. I'm like over here. He's like I can't come over here, Like you gotta go down and go a few streets down and there. I'm like I'm just gonna walk a few streets down, this streets down and they come pick me up. I'm coming from the Bato. You know what I'm saying. So I'm like, hey, you know, but but but when they play the DJ quick this to eight, I'm yeah, because both those my niggas, I don't know what to do. I'm like, hey, I love y'all niggas. Man, I like to say, watch you might drink a little too much. And then you know, I'm at the house. Quick. I'm in Sacramento. Quick, do a show and sack and I'll hit him up.
Speaker 4: I'm like, nigga, come through the house if you ain't doing ship after the show, if you need someone to come come chill ship.
Speaker 2: I'm here. I got a little Backtor's pattern by myself. You know what I'm saying. He come through there. You know what I'm saying. We have a little party and that motherfucker. You know, I got the plaque, sit up an eight quick, look at the pact. He's like, man up here, don't touch my plaque out it better be here when you leave. Mother be in the garbage, burnt up and nothing. Mother, you my nigga. But y'all stopped that shit.
Speaker 3: Just stop just chilling.
Speaker 2: I always, you know, I always try to.
Speaker 3: I don't know why, but I will get I will try to not mediate, but I get in the minty with that ship.
Speaker 2: I remember when when you know what's your piece?
Speaker 4: Yeah, nigga, See if I seen back in the day, if I seen like dazz of corrupt, if they had an argument or disagreement or something with each other, I'll be like, Yeah, I'll be like, man, come on, y'all, y'all my favorite rap rap duo like don't do it, bro like y'all like my life. I listen to you niggas all the time. I'm dog pound nigga. I'm dog pound, don't do it, you know what I'm saying. So, but that's how far we go back, though, you know what I'm saying. Like, you know, I'm a Bay Area nigga that that come from the Bay and kick it in La with the cribs and the bloods.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I never had no problem with neither one of them, you know what I'm saying, Not the Bloods or the cribs. Every time I touched down there was always loved from watching to Compton to wherever, you know, the to Inglewoods or Piruse. It was always what's up, spice? You know what I'm saying? What's popping?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I can have as much jewelry on me as I got on or whatever the fuck I'm I ain't nobody tripping on shit.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I throw a few niggas in the back I threw I go, I go through, Watch throw a few niggas in the back of the truck. I'm laughing at the laughing with the little niggas. Y'all got y'all pack, you got your banger on your nigga. They're like, yeah, nigga, we we strapped spies.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, we're.
Speaker 4: Riding, riding through and we round up to motherfucking to the set of Baby Boy.
Speaker 2: The niggas and Baby Boy that jump Jody, that's stim niggas.
Speaker 3: In the movie in the movie. Man, Okay, what happened?
Speaker 4: How How does I just ride up and and and and and John single Too walked up to him and said I want to be in a movie.
Speaker 3: And they said yeah, and they was in it. Wow, speak of the John singer. Yes, I'm like, uh yeah, ice Cube or Scarface.
Speaker 2: Got drink to the pa.
Speaker 3: Scarface my cousin, like blood cousin.
Speaker 2: Damn. Now I see the resemblance. That's my blood cousin.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: And ice Cube is somebody I looked up to the whole time. I tried, you know, straight up, but you got rid of my blunt immediately. No, I'm still puffing, still puffiny.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a blood Okay, Okay, okay, okay, I didn't go like that, Okay, So I so wait a minute, listen, man, this is this is a scarf faces hip royalty blood line. He's okay, how how did you find out Scarfaces your cousin? What kind of family reunion you'll have?
Speaker 2: Little J? Little J was prince. Yeah, we was at the video. We was at what do you call it? Yeah, we was.
Speaker 4: We was draped up, dripped out video back in the day, you know what I'm saying. And Little J was standing across the parking lote he was you know, when Little Jay stare at you, you gotta kind of just be.
Speaker 2: Like, what the fuck is here for a nigga? You know, like what this need? And I was like what I was like what I do? He said, come here, you know. So I come over there and he's like, you know who you say your king is? He said, just like that, bro.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, you know, I start breaking it down to him who my fan was. He like like you, I think you you can to face or something, you know. So j Prison twenty three and meter and two point five seconds.
Speaker 2: He looked at me.
Speaker 4: He looked at me, and he was staring at me like dude, you kid of scar faces, you know, straight up. And so eventually I come back to Houston because I always go to Houston because I'm I was born in Texas. You know, my all my family in Houston and then Brian Texas you know, at college station, like all my family out there in Houston. And so I go out there, and you know, I come back and then my two cousins come up and they're.
Speaker 3: Like, nigga, you don't know that this is your cousin. Were your two cousins out there for this already out there?
Speaker 2: They come up with face and tell me that's their cousin. You don't know that's your cousin? Talk about you? Yeah, you're telling me I don't know that that face is my cousin. Oh my god, Yo, this is crazy. I'm tellous.
Speaker 3: So face is like, yeah, nigga, you know, I try to tell you. He was like little Jay was trying to tell you, nigga, you my cousin. Yo, Yo, my mom is your I team like this this type ship And so I'm like, you know that close damn you know what I'm saying, Like, okay.
Speaker 2: So you know we found this out.
Speaker 4: This is a couple about It's like years ago around that time where the fucking video shop.
Speaker 3: I hope you all did a feature together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've been working. We did that.
Speaker 4: We did that rolling with me and Devin a dude, and we had pack on the hook some ship. I pipe cutting the hook saying some ship he said, my was talking about me and something I found where he was saying my name or some ship somewhere and put through it in the hook and shit was dope. It's called rolling in my webcam chips with your bitch. Jenner spoke, yes, dein.
Speaker 2: H I see that.
Speaker 4: Shiit dope. You know it's it's a real smoking song. You know, you gotta get hired to the motherfuck. It's even on the new album. But the song with Me and Devon a Dude, the smoking song on there with Me and my nigga north Side, It is the hardest fuck. You know what I'm saying, That ship is That ship is sick. You know what I'm saying north Side of the building. But in here, hey, it ain't easy.
Speaker 3: That's the name of the song Me and Devin a Dude in North Sides on a platinumotion too.
Speaker 2: Rather be loved or feared, I'll say feared. I'ma I'm gonna get love, you know what I'm saying. But fear it's more.
Speaker 4: Like, you know, you don't want no motherfucker out here trying to cross you, you know what I'm saying, Like I don't give a fuck how much love you got, a nigga, I don't need you out here trying to cross me, Like I can't have you out here. You know I'm kicking it with the nigga, And in the back of your mind you like you know I'm gonna get that nigga, you know.
Speaker 2: Sneaky ass snake bullshit.
Speaker 4: That's why I got another song on a new album called I'd Rather eat crumbs with bums and.
Speaker 2: Eat steaks with snakes.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like these motherfuckers, it's just such thing is a bitch ass rich nigga's mother. I don't give a fuck how niggas tell you just because a nigga got money don't mean here a real motherfucker.
Speaker 2: Everybody gotta really realize that ship.
Speaker 4: It's so many motherfuckers out here walking around with a lot of money thinking they're real nigga. But you a sucker out. You know what I'm saying, You a sucker all. You know what I'm saying, real spit uh. And the only reason why motherfucking across is because you're gonna spend money to have a nigga knocked down. You can't do it yourself, is your sucker off, you know what I'm saying. So it's a it's a it's a difference between that ship and motherfucker's got to realize that.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 4: The crazy part about the game right now is that you know he got more money, he the best rapper. That don't make him the best motherfucking rapper because he got more money. Nigga niggas like nigga, motherfucker get a nigga on the stage of Wrap circles around his motherfucking ass. No, no, no, namer, motherfucker came from from Motter the fucking clear blue sky. Get on stage and I'll rap one of these motherfuckers right now. I don't know who actually actually wrapped, and a lot of his ass up, like, don't get it fucked up. You know what I'm saying, Nigga, within your career, if you really start sucking with a real if you get on stage with a real rap artist, Nigga, he with in your whole fucking career right there, just like motherfucking just like we got going right now with motherfucking Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 2: And all of that ship.
Speaker 4: You know, you fucking niggas who really get down brouh. It's a difference. So you know what I'm saying. Motherfuckers who live, eat and ship, they slip this ship. It's a different whole different breeding niggah. Some motherfuckers. Some motherfuckers eat. Some motherfuckers eat pussy because they like because the girl enjoyed it. Some motherfuckers eating because they enjoyed it. That's the real rappers out here.
Speaker 2: Nigga. I do this ship because I like to. This is what I do. Broh, this is what I do.
Speaker 1: I do this.
Speaker 2: You like to eat the pussy, That's what I do. That's what I do.
Speaker 3: That's an't.
Speaker 2: If you don't like it, use I'm an You can't even metaphor I can to get you niggas to understand, this is what the funk I do.
Speaker 3: Like I was, I wasn't ready, but I wasn't ready.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know, I'm a damn food so I'm gonna spin it every time.
Speaker 3: But you know what I'm saying, I'm doggy style or the chronic mm hmm, Damn I gotta take a shot.
Speaker 2: Damn yeah, y'all, bother.
Speaker 4: I know I can understand why people say that ship like, y'all, I'll be killing it with that ship like, because that's a hard decision.
Speaker 3: It has been easy if you have said, without no chronic, there wouldn't be no dog Yeah you could. That's that's the easy out. That was the easy out. But you wanted to drink.
Speaker 2: I know that, But ye.
Speaker 3: Hes drinking on the next one.
Speaker 2: We know this right now.
Speaker 3: Corrupt, corrupt, by the way, I'm.
Speaker 2: I can't either sugar free or keep the sneak. Damn dang shout out.
Speaker 4: To sugar free and keep the sneak man. Y'alls man, both of y'all niggas dope. I know all y'all music bang that ship all.
Speaker 3: The time, Okay, Rap City or your over TV raps rap City, Okay, rap City, because I think they just had more.
Speaker 2: You know, it was just more.
Speaker 4: You know you could see different ship on their posts that they would have a kind of like the same program going on your MTV or Rap City would have some different ship, you know, different artists on there that you would see all you would always see him on MTV, but you wouldn't see him on Rap rap City.
Speaker 2: That was cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, again, I don't write these questions, God's write them over there, Kenjick Lamar or Drake.
Speaker 2: Kendrick simply because Canada won't let me, simply because Canada won't let me.
Speaker 4: Into the motherfucking country. Fuck y'all, motherfuckers. I'm gonna figure out a way to get in. You know what I'm saying. We're gonna be good. I'm coming through there and get my money and ship. How you're playing because of the felonies.
Speaker 2: From from from from from since ninety from ninety six, like come on, y'all. You know what I'm saying for real?
Speaker 4: From ninety six, Bro, I'm gonna hold different motherfucker now, but I can't come into y'all country. They're not like us, not like us. To the guards that searched me and looked at my tattoos, y'all not like us. Yeah, I'm from California. I'm from California. I got a few felonies and bullet holes and tattoos. But that don't mean I'm gonna come to your country and tear your country. Man, Get up out of here. Bro, came to see why I was coming to see my son. You know what I'm saying, y'all tripping?
Speaker 3: Was it ready for the answer. They're not like us.
Speaker 2: They not like us.
Speaker 3: Drake Oder Ruler or JACKA Jacket Go with Jacket, man, that's that I liked. I like Jacket's music. Plus, you know, you know he's part of I felt like he was a part of my click because he was a part of Sea Sea Bowl Click and all of that. You know what I'm saying, Me and Sea Bow go back. It's just you know that right there, just just set it off. That's my old school homie, you know, as far as far as they whole group and everything jacket for show. Okay, last one before we get into the last one, rest in peace forty or be legit. M gotta take a shot.
Speaker 2: Those both of my big cut.
Speaker 3: Hmm, the last one and did we go go into the regular interviews?
Speaker 2: Okay, Loyalty or respect.
Speaker 4: Loyalty because without you know, without without loyalty, ain't no respect. You can't have you know, you got to have respect to have loyalty to a motherfucker. So I'll rather have a motherfucker loyalty because loyalty don't come with it without respect. Say that time, I'm sorry. Loyalty don't come without respect. You got to respect somebody to be loyal to him. So I choose loyalty because you're gonna give both of those in one anyway. You know, if a motherfucking loyalty you, they got to respect you straight up, because you know all that if motherfucker you can peep disrespect, Loyalty is.
Speaker 3: Hitting, you know what I'm saying. Got to show you some loyalty. You can high loyal. You could act like you're.
Speaker 2: Loyal, not be you know what I'm saying, same thing, but I just you know, I feel like you have to have respect to, you know, be loyal to a matter of fact, so I would choose lawyers.
Speaker 3: I listen, you don't have to take a shot. I'm taking a shot because your answer was fucking you don't have to. I mean, I'm taking a shot.
Speaker 2: I'm taking a drink. I'm taking So I got the Hennessy bottle tattoo right here, so you know you need that sponsorship.
Speaker 3: So jealousy got me strapped. Do you understand how long ago you made that record? You can drop that record right now to this day today, look at me, look at me today, You drop that today. It's all relevant to what's happening right now. Do you understand that?
Speaker 2: Like, I don't know how many years.
Speaker 3: Ago this record came out, but you can drop it today and you can and it's the same exact message. Are you mad? Like it's a two part question, because when you make a record, you try to solve a problem, right yeah, So on one hand, I'm asking you, are you mad because your message is still the same like throughout these years?
Speaker 2: Or are you mad?
Speaker 3: Because the I'm not saying you mad, but what I'm saying is, are you bugging that the same exact message that you related those many years ago circumstances, it's the same circumstances right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I feel like we ain't learned shit. It's like, damn, you know what I'm saying, Like pock Am Biggie is dead. That should have taught motherfuckers to do something about that from the jump.
Speaker 3: Like the UH.
Speaker 2: Generation under us, I figured, you know they would.
Speaker 4: They would think, you know, damn pocking Biggie eyed over that ship and them niggas was out there getting money. Like the intelligent part of the generation under US. I would think, Okay, we've seen them niggas get money, like and then they died like too soon, like they was getting money, Like.
Speaker 2: What if they didn't.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm gonna think ahead and be like, you know what if I get money like that, I'm gonna do this.
Speaker 2: But they didn't. It just got worse. That's what's fucked up.
Speaker 4: Like, you know, niggas got to dieing like just because they because they get on the motherfucking they go to UH to he take some pictures or show that they on Facebook somewhere with all that Joel's on or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they yapped up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Right there, like next thing, you know, they somebody that came through and killed them for the for the for the ship. Uh, and they was trying to give it to them anyway. They just wanted to catch them get the murder around there. They belt or catch a you know, uh for some for some cloud and they and they in they gang, they rapping.
Speaker 2: Or whatever they're doing, or you know, it may have been an initiation in it somewhere, you know what I'm saying. Or however, the motherfucker go down. But you can't slip like that now, you can't. You can't wear your jewelry everywhere and go to the motherfucking uh to the to the restaurant and take pictures and ship and go live and ship, you know what I'm saying. But let's be honest. Should have never been doing it anyways, you think about anyway.
Speaker 1: That's that's calling attention anyway, because we come to a generation where you don't call attention to yourself.
Speaker 2: Man, the biggest d boys in my hood was driving uh Dauphine rentals. Man.
Speaker 4: When I say Dolphine rentals, I mean they got it from a dopphend Man. They just driving that motherfucker around. You know what I'm saying, kicking if when they want to ride, they they ship, they be out of town. When they riding they real ship, they be they be in a whole different town or something. You know what I'm saying, Like, you know, it's it's.
Speaker 2: Rules to this ship.
Speaker 4: If you don't follow them, you'll be a victim to the gang. You know what I'm saying, real spit like it's I'm gonna repeat that, it's rules to this ship. If you don't follow women, you will be a victim of the game. Respect the game.
Speaker 1: But are the rules still being applied today? Are they broadcasted today? That is the problem the rules. This generation don't know the rules. The generations coming up don't.
Speaker 2: Know the rules. And some of them, well there a lot of them. They suffer the consequence and.
Speaker 1: By calling them rules, they think they're rebelling against rules. They shouldn't be called rules. Even yes, there's ways to live, so you can live. You know what I'm saying. It's like, do one too others mother the golden rule. You know what I'm saying, But they don't do that. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's like you got two types of gangsters out here. You got the gangster, the real g you know, he he's trying to stay under the radar. He ain't fucking with that ship. You know what I'm saying. He didn't got so many murders under.
Speaker 4: He trying to chill, you know what I'm saying, want to be And then you got the other mother fucking that's out here, like you know what motherfucker's what he doing. I'm a I'm a I'm a Oh you need you need this hommie here? I'm are you a rap artist?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, you need some jewelry and ship? Yeah? Okay, yeah you need some you know you want to ride that nice car and ship? I can hook that up fail yeah here? Okay, yeah you got that homie's cool? Yeah? What my money at that? For my money? Oh?
Speaker 4: You ain't got my money for real? Okay, all right, somethings gonna happen in your ass. You got these type of motherfuckers out here. You know it's it's it's some ship out here that go down brouh.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You know, you gotta.
Speaker 4: Be able to hold your own you know if you talking that ship, you gotta back that ship up.
Speaker 2: Brouh. I'm six feet maybe two hundred and thirty some pounds. You know what I'm saying. I know how to get down you're knocking. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, real spit. You know it's nothing we can get out I can.
Speaker 4: I love all you niggas, but I go I catch a fade with anybody in here in the room, and all y'all should feel the same way.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Motherfucker can't be up.
Speaker 8: You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't. You can't go in the room.
Speaker 8: You can't.
Speaker 2: I can't go in in the boxing ring thinking you're gonna lose no matter what the fuck you're doing.
Speaker 4: Bro, you gotta always think you're gonna win, period, you know what I'm saying. But but but you got you got motherfuckers out here that that really try to uh take you for the Oakie dog, you know what I'm saying, Try to play you and ship, So you gotta be able to hold your own, especially if you're talking that ship. You know what I'm saying. Uh, if you not about that, then don't talk about that. If I'm with somebody and they kicking and they tell me, hey, just like you said, Hey, man, you know I ain't I'm good on that ship. You know my nigga ain't with that ship though, but I am. No, I'm with it though, what is it? You know what I'm saying. So it ain't no, it ain't no. I got to, like I said, I put the one on the end of my linad because sometimes I had to rock Aloan and I and I had to you know, I had to, you know, do whatever I had to do, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I mean.
Speaker 4: With all of that said, man, you know it's it's a lot of ship out here you got to deal with as an artist when it comes to motherfuckers even trying to extort you when doing weird ass ship.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Contracts you side, you know, you got this motherfucker they like, you know, hey, you know we're gonna sign him over here and shit, and this nigga gonna do.
Speaker 2: This, you know.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, you got a lot of ship going on out here, you know, as an artist, and then sometimes you don't even get then you don't even get paid for your ship.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, but.
Speaker 4: I figure I always always, you know, I'm just a ride of die motherfucking man, you know, and even for my home even for my guys, for my homeboys, and ship, you know, because I ain't never like to see nobody get bullied and ship. Never liked that ship, you know what I'm saying. I always was the nigga to step in and be like, he ain't with the ship. But I am though, you know what I'm saying. And sometime it take that you gotta be built for this, for this ship, you know, uh, military style nigga. You know, some of my niggas they like, you know, I want to go on tour with you, Spice, and I'm like, okay.
Speaker 2: You know what's rock, you know, and we go out and ship. They're like, you know, we go to do the show and ship.
Speaker 3: It's two and cock in the water. We partying this ship. We gotta catch him playing at for.
Speaker 2: I'm like, nigga, you better get your ass up right here in this other fucking hotel. I got another show to do to pick up some money. You know what I'm saying, You better get your ass up. These niggas come out the hotel they early and everything too. As they come out the front door and they early throw it.
Speaker 4: I said, oh, well, my job, easy had a shit easy, I said, Ye'll put your backpack on. Nigga, we lay for the plane. You gotta run through the airport. We had to run through the airport after you threw up the ship, after you went earlier. This shit, we gonna un through the airport. You just stay here, get to the airport, nigga. It's some motherfuckers up there.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like some twenty year olds and ship. Y'all twenty year old niggas. It's twenty year olds. We all lay for the same plane. We all rudy and ship. I took a few steps with that big ass backpack, nigga. It was like telling it's a whole motherfucker. Tell him I'm coming.
Speaker 2: Just tell him coming. You know.
Speaker 3: By the time I got to the fucking gate, I thought I was gonna die. I was like, I was telling myself, this is how you're gonna die, nigga. Trying to get to your fucking flight to go to the show. That's how you're gonna die. This is how spice one's gonna die. In the airport and try to get to his fucking flight on the plane because.
Speaker 4: Okay, hold on on sweating, hold on, hold on, hold on one second, one second, just get me I was board in a minute.
Speaker 2: I need a pre boarding pass. So, I mean, you know this shit is. It ain't easy, you know what I'm saying. No easy at all. You need to know this motherfucker real spiit. But let me ask you.
Speaker 3: I wonder if Heaven Got a Ghetto was inspired by you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what's the name of your song? That kind of welcome to the ghetto. Welcome to the ghetto. I got that in my notes. Yeah, it's welcome to the ghetto, come to thegether.
Speaker 2: Look at that. That's what you. Yeah, I want you to know. Welcome to the gather. All right, welcome to the ghetto. Come on.
Speaker 3: I just want you to know my shit is on point. I just got notes now because I gotta album. Be fucking drunk.
Speaker 4: But I'm saying, living day by day in my hood on the spot, see the same old thing, same dop things, cops, just the average day in the streets, California. Five to zo found a young girl dead around the corner. Mommy's on her knees. She had tears in her eyes, and nobody knew why the young girl had to die. People look ashamed. It's been like this for years, bloody sheets on her body's face, wet from my mommy's tears. She couldn't have been over four or five. And if Mammy was based, she would still be alive. But now the street is a place you could be swallow by death. Niggas taking each other's lives and going to rest in peace. I wonder if Heaven got a get. You know, my cousin died last year and I still can't let go in his rhyme, but.
Speaker 2: Hold on, let me also say something, hold hold on.
Speaker 3: Before we clapped, this is a double clap, and I believe this is your brother, and I believe jay Z has said something like this. Jay Z said, when I, you know, take big lyrics, I'm only bicking up my brother to me that what you just said was he took. Let me say this. He made a concept Brenda has a baby, and Heaven got a ghetto with that same goddamn song. I'm sorry, like because I want to ferry kick out. No Tupac fans are crazy. You know what I'm saying, but I want them to know that I know the history like I know the history. Like when you listen to that record, I hear Brenda's got a Baby inspired by you obviously.
Speaker 2: And Brenda's Baby inspired by but you were?
Speaker 3: Did you hear not hear that verse? I don't think Brenda's got a baby.
Speaker 4: I mean Mamma's on her knees, she had tears in her eyes, and nobody knew why the young girl had to die. People look ashamed, but like this for years, bloody sheets on the body, face wet from my mama's tears.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's similar, right, because they said that Brenda's Gonna Baby was inspired by a specific person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm saying that spark I'm saying from from his record inspired him to get his own babe, his which is hip hop. Yeah, which he's inspiring everything. But but I would if Pop was alive, I would think would say I got both of those ideas from him.
Speaker 2: I can see that. I can well he would call me and CO would call me if he like I took your.
Speaker 3: And left Guy's friends, tell me like I took your ship, nigga, I'll be like, what you know what I'm saying, nigga when you said, I remember he called me specifically when you.
Speaker 2: Said as nigga eater.
Speaker 3: Wait that specifically, I got two bigs, bitch, two big pits of color, my.
Speaker 4: Bitch, nigga eaters. And I was like, but he got it from from from my song off from one of my fucking song I can't even remember. But he called me and he told me like I took this ship. I got so many songs though, man, Like I said, I got so much ship. I want I need somebody to check. I need a challenge because I need to know how many who got the most songs on the internet, Which rapper got the most songs on the internet right now?
Speaker 2: Like, because I got a lot of ship on that motherfucker. Like I also heard you.
Speaker 3: Let me change it up just for a second. I'm gonna go back to that. Say that, like about Tupac documentary, right and you said, you know the only thing that kind of makes or maybe it's the Tubac movie you took, mam.
Speaker 2: He was like, that makes it right? Is that pot you used to listen to my ship all day? Yeah? That was crazy, Like he said, listen to you all day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because any motherfuckers is telling me, you know, uh, Pip jumped in the car and uh, dude didn't like hip hop music. I was watching some interview and and somebody was like, man, they were sitting in the car with with with Hazing Hayes and Jack or whatever and and uh uh and and they was and and pack was finish, get in the car and hasan Jack didn't like hip hop music or uh weed and ship and and and he said pot hopped in the car and they put in strap.
Speaker 2: On the side and fired up. Dude said he didn't want to get out there. He said he wanted to get out the car. After that. I can't remember who it was when I seen the interview, and.
Speaker 3: It was funny as hell because it was, you know, just just just that's that's popped my side.
Speaker 2: That was his ship play.
Speaker 3: He's good, he's good.
Speaker 2: To pac will play Strap on the side back to back.
Speaker 4: We was in court in the courthouse, parked in the parking lot playing Trapped out.
Speaker 2: Of the house case Yeah, okay, played it loud as fun.
Speaker 4: Just I'm like, you know, we in the uh courthouse parking lot, right, you know, I'm telling you know, Jo, you were.
Speaker 3: Fun turned it out thinking turned it out time turn that ship up me because it was known that this is like a like an in the street kind of like story that you were like Pok's goon and Park was supposed to be a goon, Like so how does that work?
Speaker 2: It was like I was, you know, even when we was like and I you know, seventeen eighteen, maybe I think I was.
Speaker 4: I was, I was twenty. He was what was nineteen? Like his birthday was was just last month? Yeah, I was kids my birthday next month.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. So we you know, here a Gemini and you I'm a cancer, okay, and I'm like, we're right next.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: His birthday was just on the sixteenth minus on the second of July. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Seeing the shop of that, a shop of that real spit. Happy birthday, motherfucker show look cancer and Gemi. Gemini always kick it, you know what I'm saying. Without a lot of Geminis don't get along with motherfuckers. Only they get along with be the cancer. It's true, we rock out, you know what I'm saying. D J is a Gemini package Gemini like crazy with the rock with me and Ship like but we see, we see what it is. You know, Ship, it's all love. Like I remember some some motherfuckers. You just you just when you were cancer, You just you were chill, nigga. You just went to sit back and wait fer cancer crazy man?
Speaker 2: When when? But but we go crazy when motherfuckers least expected.
Speaker 3: Man, that's going crazy. They'll be expecting for it.
Speaker 2: We've been cooking, Gemini, be cracking the funk up.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 3: Understand the answer. We're like, okay, we see it. Yeah, ok Ship, you know we already established she did three months in La County. But this is something that there's a deep question for me. You said that you and Park one time you got together after he had got shot in New York. Yeah, and he described me the situation. And then he told you at one point after he got shot, he lit a blunt. Yeah, and he said I wanted to die high. He wanted to die high, Ship, And you said you wrote a song about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a song called I Want to Die High. Put a song.
Speaker 3: Vast majority of people know that that I want to Die High song is about this.
Speaker 2: Two box situation. Yeah, they do know they.
Speaker 4: Should because at the beginning of the song is it starts off with me saying that, like with me saying it, you know, he said he wanted to die high, you know, and then it come out, you know, the song it's like some real laid back ship. Though it's a dope ass track. Man, I love a song, definitely. It's out now. You can go check it out now. Yeah, it was just crazy when he's saying that. I didn't understand what he.
Speaker 2: Was in California talking about this.
Speaker 4: He came and picked me up after I got out of jail because he was still tripping. Because the first thing he was talking about, he said, and I just did two albums with a fuck was you at? And I said, I was in La I was in the county. And then he said, I'm coming to get you. And he came through the uh, the Mandrion and next to the House of.
Speaker 2: Blues right there.
Speaker 4: Okay, he came swoop me up there and he had the Bentley outside convertible and ship and he was like, nigga, you're gonna show you. The Bentley came out there. I've seen the balance like that shit dope, you know, and you know, he had this band doanna all. So I didn't see nothing, you know, driving and ship and next thing, you know, motherfucker, uh just riding it.
Speaker 2: You know. He got the top down and he like, you know this this is my ship. Man.
Speaker 4: We get to his house and uh whereas I guess where was melable? And Mom's at the top of the stairs. Bennie up the top of the stairs and she like waving down and he said, and he said, I'm not making this ship up.
Speaker 2: You know, I swear to guy on my mama's grave, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Pack was like, you know, he said, Mama, if anything happened to me, this is my nigga right here. This is some shit I ain't just making. I'm not lying, you know, I'm not making that ship up. My nigga said that to Feoenie, said that to his mama, said Mama, if anything ever happened to me, this is my nigga right here. And I was like, what's up, a feenie, what was happening? And he said, Mama, make us some sandwichees.
Speaker 1: So what do you just for anybody? I mean, I know what you mean by it, but to paint it even simpler. What do you think he meant by that by telling her that, like, if you need if you if you need a real nigga around you, if something happened to me, then then this is him.
Speaker 2: You could trust him, trust him right basically, you know what I'm saying. And that meant a lie to me when he told his mama dad, so a mean a lot to anybody. Yeah, So he like, man, let's let's go back here and smoke.
Speaker 4: So we go back and we go into the He had like a little room back there and shit in the back of the connected to the house and ship.
Speaker 2: It was on the beach. It was a nice spot to the beach and ship backyard and the beach type shit.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. With the with the outer out room and ship. You know, he got a pile of weed on the table with ship, and we we started rolling and smoking up and then and then I'm looking at it and I'm like, you know, I'm like, what happened?
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. He was like, man, said, what happened? He told myrow incident in New York.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, And he was like and then he took his bandanna off and he had a dent in his head right there, and that wasn't there before. And and when when I seen that, I was just like, man, hell naw, I said, you went out there and and and came back like that, my nigga, So how you go out there and come back like that?
Speaker 2: That was my first question, Like, man, you know how you going that? What the fuck? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: He was like, man, I went through the motherfucking hotel, he said. Niggas was looking over newspapers and ship like that.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, studio, not the hotel, a hotel like wasard it connected to a hotel or so of course, just like well so it looked like the hotels.
Speaker 2: But anyway, it's motherfuckers at the bottom of this.
Speaker 3: I saw that interview where you said that, right, yeah, And I've been a squad studio and it's crazy been a quad studio recently. So the people they talk about was actually the security guard. They were scared to death. They had probably saying nothing. I mean, when I saw the interview, did I love the security of the building had nothing to do with that.
Speaker 2: Kind of that's crazy because I.
Speaker 3: Wanted to address this when I when I kept seeing these interviews with you, always wanted to address and by the way, I'm outside looking in, it's the inside of looking at it.
Speaker 2: This is your perspective on it. You're you're sick. Big had nothing to do with that. Yeah, and I never thought it did either, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I didn't know what the fuck was going on because I just felt like they shouldn't. They knew who's who did them? Niggas was down there, like.
Speaker 2: You know, like you know they this y'all ship, Like how y'all didn't know that niggas was downstairs. Let me let me just say this.
Speaker 3: Let me just say this again. It's the outside that's looking in. That's the inside of us looking at From what I heard, I have no factual proof Park was attracted to the unattracted, not straight you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: People that and he kept affiliateating himself with people that was.
Speaker 3: They was telling me that too, and Big from what I know because I was I wasn't around with Tupac, I was around after so before what I know, Big was telling them. So all the reactions that he he he kind of like took was was reactions of kind of like I told you so. So, I told you so, Mody look the same exact way us. You shouldn't have walked in that room. It's probably the same exact reaction. But from what I know now, because I got no stretch, I know Tresh, Yeah, I know everybody that, like I mean from from my side, from from the East coast, and that's what I gather from it.
Speaker 2: Now. I could be wrong. No, you you're completely right. But but but but the thing is when you're dealing with the mind of a crazy nigga though yeah, no one knew at that time. You know what I'm saying, like that nigga was crazy, like when he when he needed to be, and so the crazy kicked in. You know, we all crazy when we need to be.
Speaker 3: So that nigga, the crazy kick never accused you seven number, That's what I'm saying, Like.
Speaker 2: He never would.
Speaker 4: But but the crazy kicks in, like you know, if a motherfucker gets shot, you see, you know I've been shot before and.
Speaker 2: I didn't, don't you know, Look, the crazy kick in, like.
Speaker 3: Anybody start blaming everyone. People know what it might have been. You Like, wait a minute, I was in Kansas, like you know.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying, like you you can't shoot him, crazy nigga and he lives. He don't think everybody did it, so you know, it was kind of like everybody trying to say, hey, you know, he didn't have to do it, like he didn't have to do it. No, No, it wasn't him, not you know, but this nigga only one, Like fuck, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So it was kind of hard trying to, you know, break it down, like say, hey, I don't think he had another door. That's he did, motherfucker? Did you know what I'm saying. So it's you ever seen the funk Flex footage?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I never see that, hey man, And.
Speaker 4: It was fucked up because I seen this ship and I was like, man, you know I got mad at Flex for that ship.
Speaker 3: Like, which, what did you think I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: Which? What did you think I'm talking about?
Speaker 4: When he was crying and he was saying that that Tupac I got for this ship, Like man, why are you even bringing that ship up? Like leave that ship alone, like you know what I'm saying, like basically, cut that ship with you.
Speaker 3: I don't think I think Flex had the wrong information. I don't think that Tupac lied. I think he was fed the wrong information and he fed that part to the world because I can tell, I can guarantee you as a person that I'm not feeling no more I was, and Big had nothing.
Speaker 2: And I could even say that my my, my whole aura about Big, in my and my vibe about Big. Never let me think that he had nothing to do with that. Bro. Like I just couldn't say, you know, like, nah, I just you know, even though what was going on with all of the other shit, oh girl, all of that, I was just still just like, man, you know, nah, nah, he more of a he, more of a he more wanted us than than that, though, Bro, he ain't gonna be down like that.
Speaker 3: And then you know, it's crazy because later on in life, you know where it came on number one West Coast Market, Bay Area, Man, Yeah, you know, we fuck with you though, Like, and I always wanted to say, like, say the story because obviously I wasn't there at that time when with Park Big or that, I wasn't there. But from all the information that I gathered and all the information to me, Pap was a New York guy moved to Baltimore, then moved to Oakland and then moved to la And by the way, this it makes him like, I don't want to say crazy because then that's gonna make it like simplistic. Bit he was a genius because he mastered every market, like every market. Like like I've been in Miami sixteen years. I still can't say the crib correctly. I still can't say your dog where they say dog, your dog. You know, I was I was just sounds.
Speaker 2: I'm just.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to feel the actors that they have that play Tupac, every actor that they have to play Tupac.
Speaker 2: It's very not convinced.
Speaker 3: You say he had a New York as he had a New York accent.
Speaker 2: No matter what, he didn't say New York.
Speaker 4: He said New York. He talked like he's from New York. Nigga, he talk like he's.
Speaker 2: From New York. You know what I'm saying. You continue, he talked from the East Coast. His accent was East Coast.
Speaker 3: So every time they did a movie and the motherfucker doing the movie playing his role had a he had a West Coast accent. I was like, motherfuckers, y'all really didn't know the nigga, Like, like, what the fuck though, come on, my nigga, Like y'all didn't know the nigga.
Speaker 2: Man, he had an East Coast accent. He just he came from the East.
Speaker 4: But but he got down with the West because he just fell in love with the West when he touched down, Like any motherfucker gonna do. I got to the East, I fell in love with I fell in love with the East before I even got there. You know, it's it's it's the feelings, it's miltch, it's all love.
Speaker 3: But he grew up in the West.
Speaker 2: He came to the West and grew up out there in the town where where where we where we teach game, we're not teaching crypts and blends were teaching.
Speaker 1: And when I say grew up, I mean like your adolescence like that. He had no grew up. They like, he didn't grow up there. He grew up in different places, but his adolescens where he where he became a man, was on the west, was.
Speaker 2: On the west. He in the bay where we at, and he around, you know, he around the black panthers and and you know, yeah, so he around all of this shit. But he around uh sixty nine Ville, East Oakland, you know, all of the motherfucking the city where the panels started. Yeah, but you don't know how motherfucker talking what he's saying. You don't know where you're from.
Speaker 4: Even my La pineers come out there and be like, hold on, man, I ain't fucking with child nigga. How fuck I'm supposed to know that nigga got a thirty thousand dollars hit out on him and that's the motherfucking hit her.
Speaker 2: And we in the same motherfucking room. H you know, there's some real ship. And I'm sitting up here and telling her homie, He's like, cuts, get me out of here. I'm like, cause you straight, while I'm in here, they ain't gonna do nothing. You know what I'm saying. I'm spikes one. You know what I'm saying. These my niggas, they're not gonna do not know where I'm in here, or they gonna tell me before they get in, you know what I'm saying. So because still just like, man, let me get the fun.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 2: I didn't blame, you know, So let's go there because it's bout you know what I'm saying, we're taking a shot for that the shadow. I like, I don't even know we're taking a shot for. But this fantastic mm hmmm that stretch since you mused it to your house? Was it stretch stretch stretch stretched from squad stretch.
Speaker 3: Live squad back in the day, So I knew stretch before I even knew new Pot really new stretch before before I knew pot, but Pock new stretch.
Speaker 4: And he like new stretched prior to you knowing stretch. Yeah, we started talking. I'm like, yeah, I know stretch.
Speaker 2: How at your house?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 3: I had a GPS back in the days, not.
Speaker 2: This figure had navigation.
Speaker 3: I had I had a you know how you know, I had a fan club, like a literal fan back in the day. We would have all of this crazy ship had no po box your box fan club. Okay, okay, but it got to my house from the p O bo o okay, okay, okay, yeah you superos you don't remember, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That first Did you ever see his first video? Man? It like it's like us and like that yeah heartless yeah yeah yeah, but he said that ship to me, man, I watched that ship a million times b heartless man, Stretch from Live Squad like I was tripping. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I was that ship was dupe as fun and so you know when I when I started talking to Pack, I just brought it.
Speaker 4: I don't know how it came up, but he was I think he was talking about thug life or something, and I was like, oh, I know, I know, I know Stretch and Ship.
Speaker 2: He was like, you know Stretch. I said, like, yeah, I talked to him and everything and shit on the phone. That's my nigga.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: How the fuck you know Stretch like, hey, we got mutual hallwies nigga already.
Speaker 2: Is what it is? Know him or you don't know.
Speaker 4: He's from New Jersey, Stretch from New Jersey. Stretch Stretches from New Jersey. Oh really yeah? And pod him in New Jersey?
Speaker 3: Oh what do trash? Probably through trash? Yeah yeah, probably through trash tracks are cool? Motherfucker too. Man, that's my guy. Man.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I be he being cool with me. I remember, you know, it's it's crazy to say the talk this ship, but.
Speaker 4: Remember that it's not the Mindrean the NiCoT fat burger. Yeah, come on, I come down into the to the butter Hotel where the bar is right there at the Nico Tratch is sitting there. I literally gotten a shootout brother the night before in front of the too short fucking studio, right I got bullet holes and ship in my coat, you know, wearing the motherfucker. I come down and see I come down the elevator, Bro, and Tratch sitting at the at the bar.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, I'm tripping.
Speaker 4: When I come down the elevator, I'm still just on one like this motherfucker, I'm man and everything like man, this motherfucker sham Like I'm tripping, Like when I get back to the.
Speaker 2: Town, it's killings, ship killing some shit. So you know, it's the what these not twenty three year old me? You know what I'm saying, I'm.
Speaker 4: Tripping, like and Treck sitting at the bar and I'm like, you know, hey, He's like, what's up, Spice.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what's up?
Speaker 4: And I'm sitting at the bar and he's like, you like, you can tell I'm I'm I'm tripping on something. He's like, man, you need a drink or something shit, And I'm like yeah, you know, or this, I said, Man, I said, look at this ship and I pulled you know, I pulled my my coat like this, and they got bullet hole in it.
Speaker 2: Lietle hole is it? You're like, what the fuck is that?
Speaker 4: I said, that's a bullet hole? Man, Oh bitch, you ass niggas. You're like, well, you know what, what's what's going on? And Ship, I'm like, man, you know, trying to shoot out. I'll tell him the whole thing. And ship and we sat there and got drunk his hell, and you know, he was trying to talk me, calm me down, He kept me, cooled me down, and Ship just having a conversation with my nigga, and he was just like saying, man, don't don't go back out to go back to Oakland tripping like that. Man, go doing that ship because you gotta you know, look where you at. You out here with me at the hotel and we at the Nico and you know, fucking that motherfucking TLC over there and packed us upstairs and you know, chill out.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. You you gotta good life, man, you know, don't telling me this ship And I'm like, they do your life away basically, Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Something he taught you. It's my guy, bro. You know what I'm saying. He talked telling nigga some real ship when they need to be said. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I needed to hear that man, trech real. Yeah, let's talk about hard to Kill We Meta Man.
Speaker 2: I know he's.
Speaker 3: Dipped on it earlier like that you have a record of mathem man, but how did this actual record come about?
Speaker 2: Hard to Kill.
Speaker 3: And met the man is a hard person to get on the record. It's not a lot of people that say they got method Man on the It's like, you know, like like when you when you find your yo yo.
Speaker 2: Uh. Your fans could be anybody and the best fan is somebody who you a fan of. Pre Yeah. And when they.
Speaker 4: Submitted the record to Jive, I told John to sign them and give them the motherfucking money.
Speaker 2: And I know they talking about because who was on drive?
Speaker 4: It wasn't the whole w tang was there was there was They said them they CD and they was, you know, wow, shopping their music to you were there and they literally gave me the CD and was like, what do you should we should we sign these dudes.
Speaker 3: And they were shopping yeah wow, And I was like, what the Like I looked at him stupid, like what do you mean? Why are you asking me?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah? What do listen to that ship you signed? You crazy? Wait?
Speaker 3: We got to set this.
Speaker 2: This is crazy.
Speaker 1: You listened to the demo a Wu Tang clan going to drive? Yeah, and Jive is considering and you're like, yeah, this is obviously.
Speaker 2: Something you just sign. Know none of these mother do no knowing from you just heard skills Like a motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm just like this ship is dope, Like no, hell no, yeah, yeah you should sign them. Yeah. It was like sho we sign yeah capital yeah? Fu Yeah how about the Fu? Yeah? On top of that, like yeah wow. And I don't know why didn't designed Like what are you talking? How are you sign? Damn? But do you remember to see those names? It was a situation. It wasn't It wasn't very wise. It wasn't very wise. Damn they're lucky. I can't remember they fucking days, you know, I was light in there? What who was everywhere?
Speaker 3: Lucky?
Speaker 2: I'm a little drunk right now. Whoever they are?
Speaker 3: A n R was okay, we spoke about strap on our side already, right, yeah, we spoke about that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, follow what my motherfucking strap. We speak on strap on the side, We didn't speak on trapping on the side. Strap on the side was it was like after the after some after some ship had happened, you know.
Speaker 4: Everything we well, no we we was on Jealous got Me strapped, and and and and all of that ship came from from from each other because Jealous Got Me Strapped came from one of the hummies getting jacked and he gave this ship up and they killed him. Anyway, So the theme for the funerals Jealous Got Me Strapped, Pack was on that, and I did Strap on the side, and then we did the video because the Pack was like, we need to do a video Jealous Got Me strapped.
Speaker 2: Joh, I wasn't with it for some fucking reason. We should have did a video of Jealous Got Me Strapped right around strap Job.
Speaker 3: So so Pack agreed to doing a video with Jealous copy strapped, and Job said no because of what budget reasons because they couldn't clear.
Speaker 2: Park, not because of budget reafs, but yeah, I'm sure it's the early park and they didn't really know. You know, what it was was who is going? Who was about to be bro? You know what I'm saying. And I was just like, my nigga, don't, let's let's get this ship cracking. But you know, it's like they don't. It's like you don't listen to the machine. The artist is the motherfucker making the music that people paying him listen to. Yeah, obviously he got an ear for some ship to say something or you know, whatever he said. You should take it into significance. You might be able to you know, ship.
Speaker 1: Did you ever consider yourself one of the more And I don't even like using what hardcore but more hardcore artists at that time, because I don't think I mean, there was artists, but you can see this against it right you were Yeah, That's what I mean though, But I'm saying you was pushing the envelope. You seem like the most realistic hardcore artist at that time.
Speaker 2: I just you know, I didn't. I literally didn't give a fuck. I was just like, I'm gonna say what we what we how we get down out here and and what it really is. But I'm I'm I'm gonna keep this ship to a minimum to where they don't really they can't siphon this ship out of thing really part of this ship, you know what I'm saying. But I'm I'm a spit it for real though, and and and and so my, my, My whole twoint wasn't to go platinum and you know, and do a radio song. It was.
Speaker 4: It was it was more either uh, politically driven or you know all you lists rebel type, you know, because I wanted to talk about the street three strikes laws and ship.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm on these street.
Speaker 4: I was out there, so I'm it's fucked up and I've seen fucked up ship happening. So I'm like, you know, I'm if if I gotta if I can have these people listening, if they're listening, and I'm a seller, I'm I'm I'm finna say this ship. If they listening, I'm finna say, you know, talk about this these niggas, you know, put this ship out here and say, hey, sometimes niggas be riding around here shooting and the little girl gets shot in the motherfucking head and these dumb ass niggas riding around here thinking that it's cool. Like I gotta put that out there, so motherfuckers recognize that we have to be mediators just against the rap ship. You gotta tag on your back is against the rapper. That's what's gonna be there. That's that's that's what it is. But you gotta your function in this in this game is sometimes you gotta mediate ship. You gotta come between the the streets and the motherfucking the industry. You gotta go over here and Hiller at the streets and be like, hey, y'all, can't just go over there and get down like that brom You know what I'm saying. I'm in l a motherfucking oh she crib here the nigga up. You know, he like, nigga needs you to go.
Speaker 2: He tell you, mother fuckings you and shin anybody, just you tell these motherfuckings me ain't throwing racket snoop trail, niggah. You know. I'm like, you know, he's telling me that some some it's some blood throwing rock sets, snoo trailer and ship, you know what I'm saying. So it's back in the days, yeah, okay, And he's telling me to go down there and talk to him and go to the young bloods. Yeah, to some bloods. You know what I'm saying. And it's a little bane man.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I can't go down those politics.
Speaker 2: You want me to go down there and tell his nigga he said, he he gonna listen you nigga. Don't listen. They don't fucking listen to me.
Speaker 1: They gonna lit you tee.
Speaker 3: Nigga.
Speaker 2: Ain't nigga, you fuck you know what I'm saying. They throwing rocks at snow chouther les. Let me go fucking say something. Damn they came. I go down there and ship. They sit down there, they don't share. They shive down. I can tell the nigga sherved out and ship. They like, you know, one nigga walk up and he's like, damn, blood, you look like spice one blood. And I'm like, I am like spice one. Nigga.
Speaker 3: I said, it is it's me one nigga. I said, hey, it's me. You know what I'm saying. He said, and then he walked back and he said, hey, that nigga said he's spiced one blood. And the other nigga said, he come up closer. He likes spice one.
Speaker 4: But that's him nigga. They don't call the police. Now, I'm over here with y'all. Call the police. They they said they was throwing rocks at snoop trailer or bottles or something.
Speaker 3: What the fuck. But they didn't call the police. And I'm over here to just say, hey, man, motherfucker, they call the police.
Speaker 2: The fun out here? Can we leave? Now? Can we go?
Speaker 4: We go up the street, fire up. I said, watch watch this motherfucker pull up. Papa rolled up. We over there like there. I told you was h.
Speaker 2: You know, I looked thought for y'all. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, but that that type of ship, even when Pack was doing the ship with in Milwaukee with the with the GDS that that day, that ship was crazy. Like I guess a seven year old vice lord shot a eight year old gangs to disciple this bike back in the day at the show. And Pack was mad like it was his ins or something. You know, he was hot and the niggas mad. He just ran past me and he tapped me on the shoulder. Hey, Lourie, the nigga tapped me on the shoulder.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: He ran past and he tapped me on the shoulder and he said, let's go. Come on. I said, you finish go record. I said, you finish, go perform. He said, I'm finna go fight. I'm gonna go fight. My dumb ass pulled out the banger.
Speaker 4: He grabbed a chair I was sitting on and walked out behind him and Ship like, okay, let's go fight, let's go.
Speaker 2: I got a chair in a glock. Nigga.
Speaker 3: This nigga is screaming out, fuck y'all. Niggas, y'all, some bitch ass niggas, this and that and y'all.
Speaker 2: Litle eight year old vice little killer Howard went killing seven year old against disciple of Howard Ship in Milwaukee, and I'm like, you know what are you doing? Like y'all, we're gonna die. We're gonna die tonight, excuse me not to night.
Speaker 5: And you know.
Speaker 2: That shows you popcard though. Man, Yeah, he was mad as fuck, but that that they try to kill us, try to kill a motherfucker.
Speaker 4: But they felt us at the end. On the end, you know what I'm saying. We was ready to doctor that ship. They kind of just let it go, like okay, all right, all right, we was gonna kill y'all, but we are you right, you kind of right. We shouldn't let that happen, you know what I'm saying. But yeah, you know when this is, this is the I feel that as a gangster rap artist, this is the type of ship that you you and you have you do.
Speaker 2: You got to you getting them, you.
Speaker 4: Mediating Chris ship between clips and Crypts and Bloods and whoever respect your music and you do gangster raps. So all of the gangsters you they mostly respect your ship from the from the uh motherfucking your cousa all the way to the to the mafia, you know what I'm saying, to the to the to the to the Mexican mafia, all of that ship. Like and I know this from I'm not just talking. I know this from experience. I've been there. I've been in the in the county. Like I said, uh, essay, it's like, oh, we know it was you. We thought it was you, so as we should have jumped your ass mother.
Speaker 2: Cocker because you was black. You said, yeah that and.
Speaker 4: Because they thought I was opposer, because you know, in l A is back then, it's different now, back in l A back then, you couldn't just be no nigga up in there with you know like that, because you might get jumped.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, That the Mexicans might jump you. The fucking white boys might.
Speaker 4: Don't matter who you are, you're sitting somewhere by yourself, you might get jumped, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And they just realized it was me and was like, oh, ship, okay, I got I got my past, like you know, all my niggas.
Speaker 4: Saying, y'all. The only reason, y'all, I'm sorry to say this, but the reason y'all, motherfuckers any is probably y'all listening to my ship. You're crazy motherfuckers. But you know it's it's all love. You know, I done ran up on it. You ever ran up on some motherfuckings some youngsters and ship and then y'all ready to get down and they look at you in the face.
Speaker 2: And back up.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, like hell no, my uncle will fucking kill me. My uncle will kill my ass if I fight you right now, nigga, cool right, spice, what's up?
Speaker 2: Man? It's good, It's cool. You know.
Speaker 4: That's that's how you know when you got love and respect on the streets, you know what I'm saying. And because you because you don't fuck with O G S and they o gs out there now and they nephews and sons is out there. They're running up on you, yep, and they gonna fuck their nephews. The son's up or it's gonna be bad, bad day they do, they do the wrong. I remember, motherfucking uh, motherfucker. I left my ship office told thing because I was parked in the day too long. I came out and ship. He was like, my uncle will kill me.
Speaker 2: I gotta let your ship down. I said, who is your uncle? He told me was uncle? Well? I said, yeah, he'll fuck you up. Down Well, that my ship that I know your uncle is. Let it my ship down.
Speaker 4: You know, let's talk about sugar Happy. You remember that ship, Hud. That was the ship I we recorded that when I was when I was out there. That was around when it was ninety nine. That's the other one of a seven proof type ship. You know, I'm talking about guns. And I got the females in there singing the hook and ship. You know, that's my style, you know what I'm saying. I like doing ship like that. I got triggered happy. I got one called candy Well, making females sound like people and making chocolate sound like females and ship like that. That's a that's a fly ship, like some pem ship on some pimp ship. You know I'm talking, but you know, it's just a fun style for me to do.
Speaker 2: And and and and I feel like I do it well and I can get motherfuckers to listen when I do this ship. So it's all about marketing that ship. Though. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You gotta have your own ship, your own fucking section where you get down. That's how you get down, That's what you do. You only gonna get my CD. You don't donn get this coming out of my CD. You want to get the study of rap.
Speaker 2: You don't wanna get this type of ship coming from my ship anybody else? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Where did that come from? The Sutter Rapper?
Speaker 2: I was, Are you mad at mumbo Rapper? No, it's not the same. Well, yeah, mumbo rapp is different because it's a wrap come from fund rap. I think I think I think that you you you.
Speaker 3: You visited all these motherfuckers, bro, I don't think it's I think that they uh.
Speaker 2: The stutter wrap. I did that because I didn't want to cast like a certain days yourself.
Speaker 4: Let me let me if I don't if I just say this word twice and make it captain him in this brand with the you know, instead of captain his motherfucking.
Speaker 2: Brain with R nine. You know what I'm saying. So he got like that.
Speaker 3: It was like, was that the four do effects?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because yeah, I never thought of now, but he's very similar in style now.
Speaker 2: He was around that around at the same time, all of it, getting all of that ship. It was that's because that's what was crazy. Yeah, not to take anything away from them when I was going getting a.
Speaker 3: Gangst a gangsty. When I was doing that ship, the h g DS, gags and Disciples love that. It's you know what I'm saying, Like, Okay, that's that's their song. Like I go to fucking okay the song cant get it, get that gangs stuff. Can't get it, get that gangs stuff, ticking that fun, can't gt get it, get it, get it, get.
Speaker 4: A gangs stuff, you know, because they gangst us, you know what I'm saying. But you know it's it's it's always like I'm saying, like, sometimes you had to get in the middle of that ship and that ship was not.
Speaker 2: Wen't healthy at all. It's not healthy, you know, it's really it's really not healthy. You know.
Speaker 4: But when when you know, when you know, uh what you gotta do and you gotta slide some game to some niggas, then you just got a slide game to some niggas and help they listen, you know, And and that's the bottom line, you know. Uh, each one teach one, you know, it's it's hard to say when the motherfucker the game is to be so not told.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's cool, but but each one teach one. I think it a little be a little bit better so we can all get money around this motherfucker. You know what I'm coming out of him? See that.
Speaker 3: Everybody. Everybody's got pimp in everybody from that spiel is there. But let's talk about D Boys got love for me? Beat you in my brother, Faudy Water. Well, you know how did this record come about? And did D Boys have love for Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well yeah they did. That's that's what that was the cool shit about it because they they didn't even invest. You know, niggas investor invest in your projects. Your ship was hot, but I walk up to it, motherfucker, We hella dope like nigga listen to this and he's like, I'm gonna put some money into that. Wow, mhm street nigga, Yeah all the time, film more slim, yeah, like type and they but they but they you know, if they if they making money selling dope and they realized they could sell a whole different type of dope, whole different things and you happen to be the dope and they can do this without getting raided. Shit, why the fuck not?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: I know, motherfucker put some money into my first shit, you know what I'm saying. Hell yeah, you know, why the fuck not?
Speaker 1: Nigga?
Speaker 2: Who the fuck want to sit there and sell dope for the rest of their life? I mean, you know, you can get down or whatever. You know what I'm saying. But I mean, shit, who ain't. It's hey, you got things all that over? Kay? Hell no, who want them problems? You know what I'm saying. Unless the nigga built for it, built for that shit and don't plan on living long or you know, having this motherfucking freedom long and shit, or just dealing with this ship for the rest of his life, because that's what's gonna happen. You know, if you want when you get older, and want piece in your life. It's one thing, you know what I'm saying, Fuck that I'm older than I want piece in my life, make my music.
Speaker 4: Get my money, you know. But now you know you gotta still come with hot ship. But I feel I'm there though even on this new album, I'm there.
Speaker 3: But the question how did that come good forty together?
Speaker 2: How did it come about? Well, I think I think who was that.
Speaker 3: Same, same fucking same student, because that's a wow news. It was so great back then, same same place, same place.
Speaker 2: I may pack me and forty at the at the end of my neighborhood video, me and forty was talking about yeah, same video at the video, same video, shoot y'all, and well, I knew forty, but.
Speaker 4: That's what we was talking about doing it that because he was dealing When we were surrounding the garbage can all that ships around it.
Speaker 2: We was talking about doing it there there, like yeah, we need to do that, do some ship because the last one he had only talking on Sonewest when I was forty forty he was only talking on it, so I'm like, uh, it was it was America's nightmare. Okay, yeah, like uh uh did you get out of line, you got a chopping reach into my drugs and pull out my strap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that ship was I was he talking on on that one while we see featured fully featured on that.
Speaker 4: Because I I just I just wanted to. I just wanted to. I just wanted him to talk that. I just wanted him to talk that. You know, he could wrap it, you know cool. I just wanted to talk that ship so bad, like talk that ship, talk that ship about yeah, I'm just the game by the say all that that ship.
Speaker 2: You know. I wanted him to.
Speaker 3: Say that ship so bad like going you know what I'm saying. I wanted him to talk like that bro, like, yeah, I'm the Game. Has some motherfucking from the like speak that ship, say that forty.
Speaker 2: That ship was hello, dumbe to me when he said that ship like you ain't even got a rap.
Speaker 4: Just talk and you a chilling then, you know, Hopefully Hopefully was feeling no kind of way about it, you know what I'm saying. But I just you know, I was a fan, and I wanted him to do every I wanted to catch him doing everything, you know what I'm saying. So I didn't want to have to pay him for talking and rapping and Ship. I didn't have enough, no money for it. But I want him to do both. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Really, But you know Ship I was. I was a fan back in the day. Ship.
Speaker 3: I want him to talk on the air rap Ship. So I got add But mc hammer came out. He from your town. He might be a gangster.
Speaker 2: Oh we heard might he he did some cap. We heard his gangster.
Speaker 3: But the world is perceiving this man as a different individual. And hip hop, they're laughing at their.
Speaker 2: The world just hip hop. Well, because the world loved them.
Speaker 3: At the people feel at the bed at this time, I'm not even asking you. I'm asking you to ask the answer for your whole It's a lot of lambs out there that don't understand the game. Okay, let's take a shot first, real quick. Yeah, well, my shot is mad bigger than you.
Speaker 1: I imagine the hustling side of the bay with respect, however, like it was getting money.
Speaker 2: Like if you was a real motherfucker, if you really got down like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah, tell us, tell us describe what happened because Hammer is killing.
Speaker 4: Don't want everybody to know anyway, You're kind of kind of trying to, you know, disguise that ship. You know, if you really get down like that, you you would really get down like that, you really kind of trying to keep it on a slender you know what I'm saying. On the under like as far as who Hammer was, where he came from, Like the nigga got clown from the He's a real Bay nigga. He's a real reputable factor in the bad as far as in Oakland. You know what I'm saying, He's reptible as far as you know, don't fuck with him and his people like you know what I'm saying, Like they like real not to fuck, not to be fucked.
Speaker 2: With boys like for real, for real? I heard that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like so you know anybody, but but but real. It just show you how real a nigga is. He trying to promote the brighter side of life. And you know what I'm saying, And I stood that. I understood that, Like okay.
Speaker 3: Man, you know because this ship outside don't Yeah they don't know, they don't. But he's not a punk. That's that's the easier way to explain it.
Speaker 2: All The nigga got people, you know what I'm saying he got he can make movies. He's strategic with this move. He a real bay nigga. He a real you know, like real, no no nonsense dude, Like a real, real stand up type guy.
Speaker 4: Like motherfucking you see ship in black and white. You know what I'm saying. Like but he but at the same time, he know how to move. He trying to you know, he's trying to move. Uh, he don't want to be on the radar like that like that, you know what I'm saying. Any any smart motherfucker, I ain't tryna be on a radar like that like that. My shit more, I don't give a fuck. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I don't have no whole card. Nobody does. But not saying he do or whatever I don't. I'm not. I'm not trying to hide shit like I'm just gonna keep shit real. You know what I'm saying, Like from the drummer Cus, I'm gonna say what the fuck I want to say is but you know certain things I won't do, Like I won't I'm not finna come out on camera with no big ass motherfucking shotgun and AK forty seven and shit, because I'm a motherfucking felon. I'm a real, real, real guy. I don't I can't be seeing on camera with no motherfucking guns and ship niggas, y'all crazy. I try, Spice one. You know certain things you can't continue. There's certain shits you can't do when you're in a certain position in life, or you got more to lose than the average motherfucker. You know what I'm saying. You can't just sit there and and disrespect the blessings God gave you, a disrespect your position and ship. You know what I'm saying, Like, you gotta hout of that ship nigga and get money and live out your life. When you get this age that you know, uh fifty, you get in your fifties, I'm my fifties. You know what I'm saying. I'm I'm half a honey nigga. You know what I'm saying. Hell, you got still rockets. You know you gotta.
Speaker 4: You gotta learn to enjoy life, you know what I'm saying, Because none of us learn to enjoy life.
Speaker 2: And the most the most important thing to all of this ship is spending time with people that you love and that love you. In your family. That's the most important thing in life, because when they gone, they gone. Bro, that's interesting. You spend much as much time as you can with people that you love or that love you and you know they love you in your life. That's what you do. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Without having the number one single, hot single, all of that ship, that's cool. But you know, the most important thing to me is spending time with people with loving because we don't know how long any of us gonna be here.
Speaker 2: Motherfucker's dropping like flies. You know what I'm saying. Real s are we taking a shot for that? Yes?
Speaker 3: Not for dying?
Speaker 2: Live it. He talked about people that I know, I know live its thanks Sonny.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: By the way, I haven't seen Jamie for you a shot at all.
Speaker 2: My shots. You don't trust Jamie friend.
Speaker 4: She's probably over be like that. Nigga twisted it. That's some Bay Area ship. When I they can tell you he twisted toasted.
Speaker 2: We don't use that air drink. Chance he twisted you toast it right now? You toasted?
Speaker 3: Yes, he's taking the that's that's that's a picture.
Speaker 2: That's some forty motherfucking lango slang out gonna be twisted. You know.
Speaker 3: Listen, me and E forty got a secret album somewhere. Do you really like it's like four records.
Speaker 2: We gotta put it out when we do the nickname name, that's called the EP. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Like, by the way, I've never seen this before in my life. He forty came to my studio and laid on his stomach, started writing around.
Speaker 2: Colorazi.
Speaker 3: You gotta stop?
Speaker 2: Was he Colorazo? So he came to my student.
Speaker 3: This is by the way, this is a't put his legs up like this behind him.
Speaker 1: Right browning yourself talking for the right round.
Speaker 3: He laid on his stomach and I was, we don't really pay our cleaning ladies, like you know what I mean your I was like, I was really being honest.
Speaker 2: I was like, you know our cleaning ladies in New York.
Speaker 3: This is in the hood Lab. Oh that was the dirtiest place.
Speaker 2: That's Jersey.
Speaker 1: But by the way, it's in the richest place in New York, the dirty But I wanted to be called the hood Lab. I wanted to own the cockroa stust.
Speaker 2: It's going to ball. But right though, he's he's right st there one night listening dust many this is the richest place of Manhattan.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but me, in my mind, I was like, I want to make the dirtiest music ever. So if I could do that, I don't want I want to. I want to rent. Oh why you're you really saying this? Now?
Speaker 2: You really?
Speaker 1: You really did this consciously. You made it look like a ship hole. Yeah, man, I wish you would have told me when I went, hold.
Speaker 2: Okay, what is D and D D and D is a ship? Hold a good excess? Yes?
Speaker 3: Correct, I agree with you totality. But it was on forty It was on forty seven. I had property on thirty second and Madison one of the only black person that had a property. And you know what I did, I said, I want to I don't want it to resemble that because they had baseline, they had everything. So you know, mint Bleak is why myth bleak with me is school to this day, A couple of other artists to change. They would come and they would come hang with me and I were in waste them and put them up. Yeah, the ship was real, Like this ship was real because I was on Manhattan. Now, if they would have ever those an rs ever came to see how we were living.
Speaker 2: She was crazy No, no, no, it's Chinese. It's saying with pieces.
Speaker 3: There's no mister chap.
Speaker 2: There was no cleaning person.
Speaker 3: Like by the way, you had the fight for your bottle, look at at you. But by the way, some of the best of the best music ever produced out of there.
Speaker 2: No amazing.
Speaker 3: It's amazing because it was just like and the pictures if you see it in the chemistry was amazing.
Speaker 2: And by the way, we always uh credit Crazy Hood for the.
Speaker 3: Of Drink Champs, but it actually started the hood Lab, which is the Hoodlabe. The environment was was the hood Lab, and then you know crazy Hood. We went, uh, what's the name of insterdo Crazyhood, crazy Hood, crazy Hood. Our name was the.
Speaker 2: Hood Laugh and his name was crazy crazy Laugh.
Speaker 3: And then if you put us both together, that's what makes dream Champs, like right right right, Okay, weird combination.
Speaker 2: But what it's this ship though, you know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying this is he just having super organic naturally Yeah, yeah, just getting drunk again, sucked up when you can't beat that with the best and loving hip hop.
Speaker 2: That was that was.
Speaker 3: Loving hip hop? What love and hip loving?
Speaker 2: You want to be a little bit hip hop, he said love.
Speaker 8: Going to Scott mad Now listen, we love that spoke your love and I did you fuck me up and put me in anyways?
Speaker 3: You liked it.
Speaker 2: Like I never put like like you know, like niggas like like me in Short and and ship the free on love.
Speaker 3: You should be loving hip hop.
Speaker 4: That's what the West like, like my slugging me and me and too Short sluggan already like Ain't no love Bitch, Like.
Speaker 2: I think that would be the I would like to produce that show. Ain't no Love Bitch. I was like that.
Speaker 3: You you hear the bulletproofess the whole time. You know what it's like love bitch, which is like like, is this is like the love of like the Bachelor?
Speaker 2: You know the Bachelor?
Speaker 3: You you take it right? What the fuck?
Speaker 2: It sounded weird though? You sweet? That's right. Listen. I got him, you got it. I got him, So I don't know what that got him?
Speaker 3: You got him. You gotta lady, what you got what I got him?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You got them? Then, damn God, damn, I gotta I gotta got it. I gotta I gotta man, I got a girl. You gotta here.
Speaker 3: You gotta go from now you gotta you gotta girl, we gotta have I gotta you gotta girl. Have somebody got your back man like this like I'm gonna let you win tonight. Nothing to go back, you know, God, so God, you got you got a girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta you know, you gotta have somebody have your back, and I respect that.
Speaker 4: You gotta have somebody, man. You can't just be sitting out here naked man with something depending on where you are naked.
Speaker 3: You know, we already talked about in my neighborhoods were tomorrow dumbling them in the ditches.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, that that came from the shootout.
Speaker 3: That came from the from the shootout there, huh supposed to access al ready. Yeah, that came from when I you know, when I told when I was talking to Hutting, that was just that like came out of that and ship like like dumping in the dishes like crazy.
Speaker 2: I was. You know, it was a lot of gangster ship going on back then.
Speaker 4: You know, Nigga had to kind of like you know, like like motherfuckers know back then, Bruh, I had to you know, pull out the banger a few times, like I ain't Nigga you know, I'm trying to be Spiced One, my nigga, but I was, I will don't make me have to, like know, like your ass up out here, myga, trying to be Spice one.
Speaker 2: Could I just be a rapper? But you're trying to make me get down like that though.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't want to be drugged back into the motherfucking streets like that, but I'm trying, you know what I'm saying. So that's what dumping them in dishes was about, Like, you know, niggas trying to pull me back down into the hole like that. Now that I got to the point to where I can do shows in Japan and in Europe and England and shit, and I got fans that all over the world, but your niggas want to make me come back down here and blow y'all motherfucking brains out, which is easy though, two pounds of pressure with the right bangard, you know what I'm saying, Like why so why can't just be me?
Speaker 2: Why can't just go be Spice one? Why y'all pulling me down to the point to where you know, I got a murder of motherfucker approved to you niggas that I'm hard fuck out of here, Nigga. I got fans in Japan good, you know what I'm saying. Like, so that's the bumping them and ditches was about, like good Germany. I don't want to have to do all that. Like the game pulled me out of that. So now, uh, basically I can do that if I if I want to. But Ship, I'm trying to go back to Japan. The first three roads was Japanese females doing this Ship. I'm trying to go back to that. Like is y'all talking about I'm good on all trying to be I'm cool, you know what I'm saying. It is what it is. You know what I'm saying. I'm you know, but you don't like taking a shot that. I feel like, yeah, let's take a shot for that, man, real spig because because because you don't you don't know, you don't know who you who you are, and to you leave the country goddamn ridiculous. One thing I want to say is the American Negro.
Speaker 4: Is everywhere, like we pop out, you know, I go to different countries, I see you know, I see motherfuckers, and Ship, I'm like, hey, man, what's popping with the pippy you know yeah, yea dad is you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 2: What is it? You know what I'm saying. Let him know where I'm from just by my lingo. You know what I'm saying that if they're from New York or wherever the fuck they're from, they gonna be like he's from the Bay Area. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So you know, it's cool when you go out the country because you don't you know, that's when they know who when you know who you are.
Speaker 2: Because people keep going. I never thought a million years that I could go to Germany and pack the house like that. But when you out the country, do you feel more part of the country when you leave?
Speaker 1: I don't know if you understand what I'm saying, like like the culture, like when you leave, because I always tell people the number one export I think of America as hip hop.
Speaker 2: Right to the world. Yeah, you're probably right.
Speaker 1: I think I think I think the United States should cherish hip hop culture as literally the number one influencing culture in the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I don't think it's done. They've done justice by.
Speaker 2: It, probably right.
Speaker 3: But do you feel when you go out of town that you were treated as such.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's different when you leave the country. Like I never I didn't think that. Man, in a million years, I never would have thought.
Speaker 2: Because when the dude booked the venue, when he booked the venue in in Germany that held three or four thousand people for me, and I had, you know, and and and you know what I'm seeing.
Speaker 4: Uh they got bussed. You know, my face on the side of the bus. They got the billboards up everything. And I'm in Germany and I'm like, this is crazy, like and and and I go and I'm thinking, and I'm thinking the promoter here somewhere.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking a promoter gonna lose money. And ship I'm fine, yeah, google law or whatever. And trust me, I'm thinking, I'm thinking, promoter gonna lose money. I'm feeling bad for the promoter, like he FeelA lose money. I get there, line around the corner.
Speaker 3: You got, I get the deposit.
Speaker 2: I'm good. Yeah, I was cool. You know what I'm saying. I'm paid and the ship and everything like talk about I'm feelna lose money. This is fucked up and this is bad. I get there, it's packed, man, lining around the corner and the people that the line around the corner, they had to cut them off. They couldn't let them in no more. It was over, you know. And I get to the show and I'm like, and that's when I started doing the Michael you know, I do do the show and I do to Michael Jackson ship and ain't fucking screaming and ship, and you know, it was crazy, you know what I'm saying. Like, you know, then I come back to America and I walk through Walmart and ships like nobody, nobody knows, nobody knows, like beautiful.
Speaker 3: I just want to stop the average motherfucker, you know, I just just show him fucking Germany with the crowd. Yeah, well job screaming loud, just screaming, just I couldn't stop. I had to stop rapping for them to spot to stop screaming the ship so loud with the ship like shout out to Germany. They was on the ship, they knew what it was. Many, they had fun. They came to the show and party, you know what I'm saying. And that's as long as I know they're doing that, that my job is fucking done. Listen, my man, my brother, let me just tell you something, man. I said that earlier, but I want to say it again. We started this show me and my good friend right here. Everyone calls him efforing sometimes sometimes he doesn't correct them. Never it hurts me.
Speaker 2: His name is e.
Speaker 3: It kind of dot. I don't know, but it's okay. I'm not talking about you talking about me.
Speaker 2: No Dot.
Speaker 3: And then they like and I'm like, it cringes me. But my brothers, my friend, whatever else.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't want to get gone like that.
Speaker 3: But when we started this show, we sat down and we pinpointed people that we wanted to praise. We pinpointed people that we wanted to like make sure that their legacy and their stamp on earth meant something to not us, our staff, our audience, and just people that's affiliated with us. When I tell you you're top ten, from the beginning, we want we understood your legacy, We understood how much you meant to hip hop.
Speaker 2: You understand how much you meant to us.
Speaker 3: We've been trying to I know this frequency has not connected quite some time, but connected now.
Speaker 2: We believe in God.
Speaker 3: No matter what god name is, we believe that it's a higher power that exists and we want to tell you, man, thank you man for being who you are, thank you for continuing to do what you do, and thank you for saying something that you said earlier. He was like, I'm just a pure hip hop artist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's it. I know hip hop. That's it. You put two turned tables in front of me. I know what to do with it. Makes you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I got breakdown some trophies and shit, wow, like I'm real hip hop. I'm hip hop, bro, I got breakdancing trophies and metals from winning breakdancing contests and ship and all of it.
Speaker 1: More.
Speaker 2: It ain't just you know, selling dope, gangster ship and all of that. I'm hip hop. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like, you know you hip hop, but as a person that you know, I told you this when I first met you'ma I'm gonna reiterate this. You know in a lot of ways, a lot of things that you guys. If you guys didn't do it, I wouldn't exist, which means that this show wouldn't exist. Se're the godfather of a lot. And I just want to tell you man, you're my homie.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, this is your this is your day, this is your flowers, and we really really, really really really appreciate you coming down seeing us, because me and this motherfucker right here, like I might be major labeled, he might be independent, but when we put ourselves together with hip hop, damn, they don't got nothing to do with his preference or my preference. It got everything to do with our love for hip hop and daylight. Today, we all woke up out of bed early because we knew we were just going to salute the great, the legendary, alive motherfucker fift. I want you to know because me and you has been homies for for years. But let me just say something. The fact that we're homies does not dumb down the fact that I'm a fan, the fact that we're a fan, the fact that we wanted to give your flowers. So we're gonna take a couple of pictures. You do a couple of drops, and let's do more shot. Jam let's wrap it up.
Speaker 2: I'll take this the last shot, and she gave me the.
Speaker 1: Crazy good drink Drink Champs is a drink. Champs LLC Production hosts and executive producers N O. R. E.
Speaker 2: And dj e FN. Listen to Drink.
Speaker 1: Champs on Apple podcast, Amazon Music, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Drink Champs, hosted by Yours truly, dj e f N and n O r E. Please make sure to follow us on all our socials that's at drink Champs across all platforms, at the Real Norrie go on, I g at Noriag on Twitter, mine is at Who's Crazy on ig at dj e f N on Twitter, and most importantly, stay up to date with the latest releases, news and merch by going to drink champs dot com