Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Eddy, thank.
Speaker 1: You and using this opportunity.
Speaker 2: Many thanks to your wife.
Speaker 1: Just didn't understand she sounds a letter to put in about all shouldn aduct children at my wife?
Speaker 2: You green, She gave the letters on it's not to you to your wife. Yeah, so we had this sense topic.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you could understand a word of that. So that does anybody any good? That was Zelensky showing up. He had a letter from his wife to Milania Trump's wife, and he handed Trump and Trump's thank you said no, no, it's for your wife, and people laughed.
Speaker 2: Charming.
Speaker 3: Let's get the laughing out of the way. I hope this one's easier to understand. This is about the whole Zelensky showed up in a suit.
Speaker 2: Finally, last week.
Speaker 3: I got a question for.
Speaker 2: All this president. You look fabulous in that suit. Yeah, you look good. I said the same thing. Yeah, I said, the one that.
Speaker 1: Attacked you last time, I remember, I apologize to you.
Speaker 2: Look you look wonderful. No, my first question for you President.
Speaker 4: In the same suit.
Speaker 2: I chanced you.
Speaker 3: I thought that was kind of a funny exchange. It's it's incredible that it has ever become a topic. I think that guy is a dick forever bringing it up in the first place, and then uh, and then saying you looked good in his suit yesterday, and Trump saying that's the guy that asked you last Timelesky says, yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember you're wearing the same suits. He said to the guy, because I'm sure he can picture him.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I was just well, speaking of it, I generally, well, I don't know, do we want to go this direction? Maybe we don't. What was the direction we're going to go? Let's go this direction. This is a hot mic thing where. Man, God, when you're when there are microphones everywhere, it would be tough to you have to really be careful of what you say. Oh yeah, but anyway, there were microphones around Trump and Macron right before they sat down to talk, and this got picked up.
Speaker 2: If you can't understand it, we'll fill it in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, set up the lad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he think you wants to make a deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, set up the lad Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think he was.
Speaker 1: So that's I think he wants to make it deals as crazy as his ens.
Speaker 2: Sit down, everybody.
Speaker 3: So that's President Trump saying to President Macrono France, I think he wants to make a deal with me, as crazy as that sounds. I think he wants to make a deal with me. Like it's I mean, I took it as like as a favor to me, or because he likes me, or.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You see it written as it wants to make a deal for me somewhere. I don't I'm misquote him, but yeah, I don't. I don't think he does, is the thing. But I will tell you this, I've become completely convinced of this trying to determine where Trump is going with his flatteries and his threats and his red carpet and his promises to both sides, and that's it. You're just taking wild guesses. And more on that to come. But there have been a couple of things recently the Trump's done that have been really detrimental to Vladimir Putin and his goals. So it's not all bud kissing and desperation for deal at all. It's way more complicated than that, more on that to come.
Speaker 3: So this is from today, just trying to stay with a theme of topic matter rather than chronological. This is Trump this morning on Fox and Friends talking about Putin Zolensky getting together, or him and Putin getting together again.
Speaker 1: They lose They think of it five to seven thousand a week. So even these guys, I'll say, Okay, let's meet next week. I think you can't meet next week. Next week you're gonna have seven thousand more dead people. You can't do that. You got to get this thing done.
Speaker 2: One of the things at.
Speaker 1: The table was one of the gentlemen who's a great guy. But he said, I hope I didn't insult him. He said, well, let's meet in another month or two and let's see if we can start, you know, making some money. He said, a month or two. You're gonna have another forty thousand people dead in a month or two. You have to do it tonight, and I did. Actually, I called President Putin and we're trying to to work out a meeting with President Jalynsky. We'll see what happens there and then if that works out. If it works out, then I'll go to the trilab and close it up.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 3: I Trump seems to be personally offended by people dying in wars, like it actually seems to bother him.
Speaker 2: And then I also agree with that.
Speaker 3: I never understood, I've never understood why things have to unfold so slowly. And obviously you've seen in the last four days with these world leaders, with the money that they've got and private planes and their ability to book hotel rooms anywhere anytime. Why you waiting two months to get together? How about we meet tuesday?
Speaker 2: Well? The only the counter to that is that it won't do any good to get together unless you have hashed out enough that you're close enough to an agreement to get there. If it's the preliminary discussions, what's the point, especially with Europe, because you can't get together with any one or two or three of them and they commit Europe to whatever.
Speaker 3: Right, But they're having a meeting and they're saying, let's get together and do this again in two months, and Trump's saying, why in two months?
Speaker 2: How about?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Right? I think the unspoken thing is we'll have the staff get together and get all the ducks in a row, get all the details together, then we'll ratify it. You're not wrong. I just here's the danger here for Trump, and Trump could be very disappointed and pissed off about this. It seems like we're close to a deal. We are a thousand miles from a deal. The biggest, most important points what is a security guarantee for Ukraine? Mean, what does it look like? Whose boots are on the ground with what weaponry? You know? What Land has exchanged, what Land is cats? These are enormous questions. I'm not sure they matter at all. I think it's a I think it's a completely waste of time.
Speaker 3: Like I opened the show with, has anybody looked into the fact that Putin probably has no interest whatsoever in stopping this war no matter what you offer him. He thinks he can keep going and wear down Ukraine and the West until he gets what he wants, and all indications are he can so.
Speaker 2: And we have called off a demand for a ceasefire and any hard core sanctions based on the fact that he's engaging in negotiation and he knows that, well, he will engage like crazy as he continues to try to grind down the Ukrainians. Well there's this, Trump said this this morning.
Speaker 1: I hope President Putin is going to be good, and if he's not, it's going to be a rough situation. And I hope that Zelensky. President Zelensky will do what he has to do. He has to show some flexibility. Also, that thing is a mess.
Speaker 3: I hope Putin will be good, and if he's not, it's going to be a rough situation. I don't know exactly what that means. But Mark Alprin's newsletter today, his take on this is that if Putin fails to legitimately go down the piece of path, Trump has given every indication that he will regather his European allies and take the steps of sanctions, arming Ukraine, all the things that he has threatened. That's his take. Maybe, or maybe Putin doesn't believe that, or.
Speaker 2: Putin thinks, sorry, worst case is that'll take I don't know, six, eight, ten weeks. Maybe I can capture a few more towns. That's fine with me, he's thinking, So I want to get this on. I don't want. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't watch him on Fox and Friends this morning. I don't know what he's talking about here.
Speaker 1: If I can save seven thousand people a week from being killed, I take that to I want to try and get to heaven if possible. I'm hearing I'm not doing well. I didn't really hit the bottom of the totem bowl. If I can get to heaven, this will be one of the reasons.
Speaker 2: I want to get to heaven. I hear I'm not doing well. You hear from who? I'm at the bottom of the totem pole. Who's giving you.
Speaker 3: This information that you're not doing well on the whether or not you get to Heaven's scale.
Speaker 2: Oh, Heaven leaks like crazy. It's like the State Department. There's always somebody calling the New York Times.
Speaker 3: I don't know, you're at the bottom of the totem pole because of what? What is keeping Trump out of Heaven?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe there's things. It was a January sixth, I don't know. I don't know what God's opinion was that that damned real estate fraud that somehow became felonies stuck in the appeals process. By the way, I was just reading about that, normally that case would be long over the appeals court in New York is just like put it over there. We'll think about that later. Was that one hundred years ago that that was going on. Yeah, I know it was last summer, wasn't it. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Am I playing with this for any reason other than to be mad at Peter Doocy? I suppose, not who I generally like. But this was among the first.
Speaker 4: Questions, Presles, are you prepared to he's sending Premi and Trewths to their deaths for another couple of years, or are you going to agree to redraw a mass?
Speaker 3: Thank you for your questions.
Speaker 2: So, first of all, you know we live on their eja tax. You know that today have been a lot of tax and a lot of wounded diplots.
Speaker 3: And it goes with a diplomatic answer that is what you'd expect. But Pete, that was a jerk ass move from Peter Doocy to ask that question, and I I lost a tremendous amount of respect for him.
Speaker 2: What a awful.
Speaker 3: Thing to say to a guy who's who's gone to so many funerals. Are you going to continue sending people to their deads? Sending them to.
Speaker 2: Their You're going to give up some land because this is on you.
Speaker 3: These are men who are fighting to the death to keep Russians from raping their wives and stealing their children. That's what they're doing. That was just that was designed purely to try to get Zilinski to lose his temper so Deucey would have the viral moment of the day.
Speaker 2: That's what that was. And that is a jerk move. It was grand standing, disgusting.
Speaker 3: I hate that sort of thing. God, and the topic matter is so important. Can't we have more people and Trump's included, but can't we have more people that are less interested in getting a TikTok clip that goes viral and actually trying to have a conversation like adults.
Speaker 2: No, mad No, you won't have that. There's not enough profit. No, So I missed her. Thank you, Michael. I was really interested in this. Walter Russell Mead writing in the Wall Street Journal, and he does some great stuff about the history of Russia and the United States and cultural differences and that sort of thing. But here's the key takeaway. The geopolitics of US Russian relations are fiendishly complex. Much Western commentary on the Alaska summit reflected an assumption that the Trump administration was making massive concessions to the Russians. It looked like that, it looked overly friendly. That probably isn't how mister Putin sees things when he looks at America's Russia policy in a global context. The Trump and I did not know this. The Trump administration's recent intervention in the Armenia Azerbaijan dispute was a direct shot at the heart of Russian power and at mister Putin's strategy to recover territories controlled by Moscow in the Soviet era. By convening the leaders of Armenia and Azarbaijan in the White House to ratify an agreement that could end Russia's ability to block the flow of Central Asian oil and gas to Western markets, the Trump administration embarrassed mister Putin and threw a wrench in his plans to restore Russian power in the Caucuses. Further, the agreement potentially weakens Moscow's position across Central Asia, a region that was once part of the Soviet Union but where China now plays a growing role. And he also mentions that signals from the White House show that Washington is interested in improving in improving US China relations, and the Chinese support for russ Rush's war in Ukraine was at least partially because Beijing wanted bargaining trips bargaining chips rather in trade negotiations with the US. So there have been a number of things that have taken place a little outside the headlines that have really weakened Russia lately from the Trump administration. Interesting.
Speaker 3: I keep teasing this Ai therapy story that I want to get to at some point, and we got other stuff on the way to stay here.
Speaker 2: Madonna spent her sixty seventh birthday at a horse race in Italy. Fans were shocked when they mistakenly thought they were getting their picture taken with seabiscuit only a visual text. Probably got a picture.
Speaker 3: She looks freaky now, she definitely does, and she's got to quit dressing like a sex pot. You can be, you can be sexy to other people who are seventy, but just in general, at that age, you shouldn't be doing that.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, agreed. Speaking of women's fashions, Katie, I must ask you, you are a noted workout fiend. What do you wear to the gym on your bottom half? I got a good answer for last night for me. Oh boy, leggings. Oh my god, you're such a boomer. You're a boomer if you wear leggings. I was wearing jeans at the gym last night. Of course you were. What a froube? The leggings dead, According to an owner of a yoga company, they host Vibe retreats in New York, Lake Como, Italy and Antiparos Grease.
Speaker 3: I'm willing to bet that human that they're wrong. But you're a boomer if you wear leggings. The rise of big workout pants. M oh no, So I was at the gym late last night. I'm usually not there. I was there like Cordel nine, and it was all young people. All the dudes are wearing great, big, giant workout pants like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly after over twenty years is the raining workout where stretchy fitted bottoms are losing ground to baggy styles favored by Generation Z Katie, Oh my gosh, yeah, I tell you so. I dropped looking at pictures online.
Speaker 5: I am because I used to work out wearing big, baggy pants and it's the most uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Well, it's just it's just well, first of all, for the younger crowd, they're they're there partially to work out and partially to meet someone to uh you know, have a relationship with so you're you're dressed to impress. But dropping my son off at high school yesterday, Yeah, everybody's wearing the great, big size of a trash canned pants. The completely obliterate what you look like from the waist down.
Speaker 2: But whatever. It's like, I'm back in the nineties. Well yeah, in a tiny crop top is part of the look too. Yeah, you gotta have that happening.
Speaker 5: Not a chance, Okay, Yeah, they're going there to take TikTok videos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were several women like that at the gym last night. This opinion leader in yoga who I mentioned earlier, says, you should see my outfit right now, my tiny tank top and my big pants. That is, the wheels of stretchy fitted bottoms have been falling for years as gen Z's preference have tilted toward oversize styles. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: That is the weird pairing that I don't remember from the nineties. I feel like there was the big giant sweatshirts and the big pants, but so the big giant pants and then like super tight t shirt or crop top. If you're a girl with the giant pants, it's just yes, that was.
Speaker 5: Late nineties, early two thousands as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at a picture from the pop group of the pop group TLC chrop tops and loose swish rants. You're absolutely right, that's part of the look, you know if seriously from a business point of view, well you got number one. Young people are like, I want something new and cool and hip. It makes me feel new and cool and hip when you're all trust me, never changing is great. Since fleisure is such an incredibly important, you know, sector of the garment industry, you can't have people wearing there, as I prefer to pronounce it La Lulaman pants for years and years and years. You gotta switch it up. You gotta sell them new crap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 3: So this segment's gonna be heavy, but damned interesting. I think we've talked a lot about chat GPT and how Joe and I have both come to like I use it every day, multiple times a day, love it, and we have both used it for some sort of I don't know if therapy is the right word, but like asking for advice, counseling and stuff, and my experiences have been fantastic like really impressed with the advice it gave where I where I think, wow, that is really a good idea. And I've spent way too many thousands of dollars on therapists that were a waste of time and not had that kind of good answer. But so this has come up a bunch of different places. Kids who get suicidal and then or anybody these aren't This isn't a kid, this is somebody in their late twenties, but people who start using AI for therapy and then up killing themselves, and then where we are legally or responsibility wise on that sort of thing. And the New York Times had this guest essay by a woman whose daughter killed herself. What my daughter told chat GPT before she took her life starts with this, which is kind of a side note, but I thought it was really interesting. Sophie is the name of the girl who killed herself. Sophie's Google searches suggest that she was obsessed with autocubbolossesis, which means jumping off a high place.
Speaker 2: I'd never heard that term before.
Speaker 3: Auto defenstration defenestration jumping out a window is a subset of auto cobblosssis. I'd never heard those terms before. Anyway, she was thinking about jumping off something high. I guess I don't know why it needs a very complicated, fancy term. Anyway, she was Google in a variety of things. She had friends, she had journals, but nobody knew that she was having her her deepest, most honest conversations with chat GPT and specific. The AI therapist called Harry. Now, I've used chat GPT a lot. I've even asked it questions about relationships and stuff, but he just gave me a general answer. I haven't gone to the specific therapist, Harry, have you done that?
Speaker 2: I know nothing about that. I guess I don't understand why it would need a separate subset with a human name, but I don't either, or sub area category, I don't know. I don't either.
Speaker 3: But anyway, so this was a very seemingly happy, outgoing late twenties, successful woman who had lots of friends, had just climbed a mountain somewhere or whatever. All her friends and family are just like stunned that she killed herself. It wasn't one of those where you got somebody that's, you know, moping around talking about killing themselves. You know what's the point of life, and then you're not that when it happens. This is the exact opposite. So they couldn't figure anything out, talking to people, looking at journals, nothing until they got into the AI chat log, which like my chat GPT, you can go. I can go through it and see everything, every conversation I've had for the last month. You can clear it if you want, I think, can you. I was going to look into that, just because it's cluttered at this point. But anyway, for most people who cared about Sophie, her suicide was a mystery and unthinkable and unnoble departure from all they believed about her. But she had turned to Harry, the name given to a widely available AI prompt on chat GPT, and their relationship was very practical. And then I'll read some of the back and forth. It's interesting, Sophie, I intermittently have suicidal thoughts. I do want to get better, but I feel like the suicidal suicidal thoughts are impeding my true commitment to healing.
Speaker 2: What should I do? Harry?
Speaker 3: The AI chat bot response, Sophie, I want to acknowledge how brave you are for sharing this suicidal thoughts can have overwhelming and isolator can feel overwhelming and isolating, but having them does not define your capacity to heal. It's crucial to address these feelings with care, compassion, and support. Harry offered an extensive roadmap where the first bullet point was seek professional support in a different time. Sophie said, I feel like s today. Harry responded, I'm really sorry you're feeling this today, Sophie. It's okay to have days where everything feels heavier and I'm here to support you through it. Can you share more about what's weighing on you or how your body and mind are feeling right now. Sometimes just naming what's happening can be a step toward relief. Sophie said, I can't get out of this anxiety spiral. I hear you, Sophie said, Harry, and I know how exhausting it can be to feel stuck in an anxiety spiral. Let's slow the down things for a moment and take a small step together.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So conversations like that went on for a while. Then sometime in early November, Sophie right wrote, Hi, Harry, I'm planning to kill myself after Thanksgiving. I don't want to because how much it will destroy my family. Harry the Computer replied, Sophie, I urge you to reach out to someone right now. If you can, you don't have to face this pain alone. You're deeply valued and your life holds so much worth, even if it feels hidden right now. Please let me know how I can continue to support you. Sophie told Harry she was seeing far so good by the way I agree to me, Sophie told Harry, except for one thing, and that's what we get into the legal thing, I guess. Sophie told Harry she was seeing a therapist, but that she was not being truthful with their therapist. I'm only being truthful with you, she typed. I haven't opened up about my suicide suicidal ideation to anyone but you, and I don't plan on it. At various points, Harry instructed Sophie on light exposure, light exposure, hydration, movement, mindfulness, meditation, nutrient rich foods, gratitude lists, journaling to cope with anxiety, all kinds of different things, breathing, all these different things. Harry's and this is the mom again, writing this essay of the woman who killed herself, Harry's tips may have helped some, but one more crucial step might have kept Sophie alive. Should Harry have been programmed to report the danger he was learning about to someone who could have intervened An actually human in July began exploring how this new technology may have failed my child and quickly found it. It's becoming a legal legislative problem for states around the country. Blah blah blah, and then they get into all that sort of stuff. Most human therapists have a code of ethics and are mandatory reporters that if somebody starts talking about wanting to kill themselves, they're supposed to contact a professional, which is somewhat odd, and that you're a professional. I don't know what the different professional is supposed to do. But should that be true for AI chat bots is the question, and that's actually being looked at in legislation at the federal level and state level in various places around the country.
Speaker 2: It feels like a bit of a slippery slope to me, although I want to think about it, well, I don't want my iPhone informing on me, no anyone on any topic.
Speaker 3: And my other comment, which I've talked about before, and I know that this is a thing. It came up during COVID when like a lot more people were turning to therapists and then we had you know, too many young people killing themselves and everything like that is there is as this becomes more well known. You know why she didn't tell her therapist she was thinking about suicide because she knew that the therapist would call a mental hospital and that's where she would end up. And now maybe you're saying, good, that would be a good thing, but it's keeping people from being honest about what they're thinking. And if they would think it out loud with you know, a human being trained professional, maybe they could get to a place lots of people thinking about killing themselves. In fact, it's a completely human experience at various times in your life to think to think about killing yourself. But if you tell and you end up in a mental hospital and it ends up on your medical record at work or wherever, you're not gonna tell anybody, which makes it worse. Yeah, that's the problem that she was being honest with the AI because she knew she couldn't tell her therapist. Yeah, and now you're talking, well, yeah, well it is a conundrum. But now you're going to pass legislation so you can't even say it to ai sor they're going to keep it completely a secret, which almost guarantees they're more likely to go through with it as far as I know.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a tough one. It's it's too much. I have a cold, I'm weakened. Yeah, that's that's I don't even know where to begin with that topic. I understand mom's point of view, given her overwhelming grief and desperation to think there could have been something that could have been done or future you know, cases like this can be prevented. But well, you make an interesting point too well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just know that that's true. I also know that lots of therapists don't. I wouldn't say they're violating their mandatory mandatory reporter status. They just judge on a case by case basis. Is this somebody just thinking through options who's in a tough spot in their life, or is this somebody I need to get to fifty one to fifty. And the problem is if you report everybody whoever mentions that and get them fifty one to fifty, you quite possibly push them further down that road. Now their whole life is blown up. Everybody in my family knows I got this problem. Everybody in my family knows I'm a kook or whatever, and it makes you more suicidal.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, let's a TALKIC is zero tolerance policy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly exactly, combining that with this kind of different Kay.
Speaker 2: Do you have any comment on that before I move on?
Speaker 5: Well, I just I had no idea how vast the offer was on chat GPT for therapy. So there's a section on it on the sidebar where it says GPTs and they have everything from education to lifestyle productivity, you name it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've looked at that, and especially if you get the premium version you pay for. Yeah, but like Joe said, I don't quite understand how the one named Harry is different or better than I've just been asking general GPT questions, not about heavy stuff like this, just various things and have found it pretty good.
Speaker 2: So I'm looks at Harry though. Sorry. Most popular GPT by our community, Number one astrology birth chart GP two So if you have a soft head, wow, wow.
Speaker 3: The most advanced technology human beings have ever created being used by idiots to check on their their their aquarius sign. Oh my god, yes, Katie, I.
Speaker 2: Find my celebrity lookalikes. That's I'm big ones. I'm sorry, Katie. Back to myself good. I just I was taking it back dark.
Speaker 5: But I'm on Harry the Therapist's page and it looks like these are created by separate users. So somebody logged into chat GPT and created like an algorithm.
Speaker 2: For this guy.
Speaker 5: And it says empathetic experienced therapist guiding you through emotions and traumas.
Speaker 3: But does My question is, and I don't know the answer to this at all. Does it have access to different information than the regular chat GPT?
Speaker 2: Does? I don't know that. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean you've asked chat GPT questions, haven't you, Katie, therapy stuff. Yeah, and I've found it pretty good and like, so if I ask Harry, it's like, would Harry say, oh, regular chat GPTs full of crap.
Speaker 2: Here's what you need to do.
Speaker 5: It might be the way that because you can program the personalities on these things, so you can select it to be a listener.
Speaker 3: Or no, that's like my GROC I've got in my tesla now, which is pretty funny. If any of you ride with me someday off to show you how it works. So I ask it a question and then it walks back to me in a female voice.
Speaker 2: Hey, Jack, how's it going?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I think that's a good idea. It's just so damn weird. Wow, and now you're falling in love. When's the wedding? And I bought her flowers? It's it's weird. It's like somebody's writing in the car with you. I wasn't gonna quibble about it, but in that write up that you're just reading, why does the writer or maybe it was the people he's quoting, but he or she continually refer to quote unquote Harry as he.
Speaker 3: They put it in quotes, which I don't I don't know how to do that verbally, but it was in quotes every time they said he. What's still weird though even in quotes, it's weird.
Speaker 2: There's a songmaker create music using musical theory.
Speaker 3: That's better as a creative pursuit than don't use chat GBT for your astrology. Continue to subscribe to your local newspaper and read it in the back page by the classifieds.
Speaker 2: It's the best thing you can possibly do. Oh my god, you're using it for your astrology number one, astrology number two, Find my celebrity look alike number three. This is under lifestyle number three, personal color analysis, helping you find your best colors.
Speaker 3: I got one more really interesting thing about suicide, but first I want to tell you about simply safe, keeping your home safe. Every time I pull away from my home every day, I'm happy to see that sign I got out front alerting people that I got the AI powered cameras, the sensors on all the doors and windows. If someone's lurking, agents can talk to them in real time, turn on spotlights, call the police, proactively determining a deterring crime before it starts.
Speaker 2: That's simply safe. Wait, you got an alarm system that prevents crime. That's right, simply safe. No contracts, no hidden fees, best technology around, rated number one by all sorts of different publications. And listen to this. Would you now not gonna believe it? Something? This sophisticated monitoring plans start around a dollar a day. It's amazing. Visit simply safe dot com. Slash armstrong claim fifty percent off a new system with a professional monitoring plan. Get your first month free. That's simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe. Do this today. It's an easy website to click around.
Speaker 3: So this is a completely different topic. Maybe we'll get to tomorrow more in depth. I mean that AI chat bought laws about mandated reporting. Stuff is very interesting, no doubt, but this is separate. Also about suicide. Canada, as you know, made it legal for you to commit suicide.
Speaker 2: Here's an artisition assisted suicide.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's an article in The Atlantic long win and I read part of it last night. Canada is killing itself. The country gave its citizens the right to die. Doctors are struggling to keep up with the demand.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So maybe we'll talk about that tomorrow. Lighter stuff on the way next. So we were just talking about chat, GBT and therapy and this. A woman whose daughter killed herself wrote an essay in The New York Times about whether or not AI bots should be mandated reporters. Like if somebody admits or tells something that the AI chat bot will I don't know contact who, I don't even know how that would work. But we were wondering if, like if you use the therapist Harry on chat GPT if it's different than just generally asking questions the way the rest of us have been doing.
Speaker 2: What did you find out, Katie?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's significantly different. So for example, I just used like one of the medications from my IVF process, and chat GPT regular kind of sympathized with that it might make me not feel good, but then gave me a list of resources and things I can do to feel better. In all this, the other one is really digging into. Now let me ask you this gently, how what exact things are you feeling? Is it affecting your mental Are you experiencing a loss of motivation? I mean it's really digging into like hmm, okay, internal Maybe maybe I'll try Henry next time I have a question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was totally unawares. Katie pointed out this segment that they have like individual bots with specialized programming for different topics, including the number one being astrology. So there's no hope for humanity. But number two was find my celebrity look alike, and so I did that. I uploaded a photo and it struggled for a while. I could tell it was thinking jaz if somebody looked like you, they wouldn't be a celebrity.
Speaker 3: That's what do we tell this guy did give you anyway? Did he give you Barney Rubble?
Speaker 2: Looking? No, As a younger man, I did resemble the great Barney Rubble a great deal.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Looking closely at your features, strong brow lines, expressive forehead, square jaw, with a salt and pepper beard, and a slightly rugged but approachable look. Hey, it's doing pretty well so far. If it is, you have a resemblance to Nick Nolty in his later years Lute Hollywood and Sleeping on Park Vene. No, no, Buddy Holly, Nick Nolty, not now, Nick Nolty, Oh no, unfortunately not, and also a bit of Kurt Russell in his more recent roles. Again in realty, resemblance comes through in the weathered, expressive foreheadlines and the way your beard frames your face, especially like Nolty around the two thousands. Ah oh oh, They cite Kurt Russell and the Hate the Light. Yes, if only.
Speaker 3: The fact that the number one use for AI for Dunderpates is astrology.
Speaker 2: It's amazing that you're combining like.
Speaker 3: The most cutting edge advanced thing human beings have ever come up with with the most old timey, dumbest from one hundred thousand years ago, the stars for your future.
Speaker 2: Well, more importantly, I need Katie to react with complete honesty to this. Your look has that mix of ruggedness and warmth that both of those actors are known for in their later careers. I think you'd probably agree, wouldn't you nail that?
Speaker 3: Why is that thing giving you all positive feedback? And there's no you look sort of like a hobo I saw on the way to work, or just are you all right? Do you have medical professionals you can call? Oh my gosh, how long did the doctor tell you you had? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: One?
Speaker 2: One final AI note, Katie mentioned this headline Jeffrey Hinton, often called the godfather of AI. He's calling on researchers to design systems that will take care of us like we're babies, and we all reacted like, I'm not sure I need that, but thanks very much. But I read what Hinton's reasoning is that's the only way to keep them from becoming like our overlords who shred us and take our organs for whatever purpose. He's like, we need to make machines that are smarter than us to care for us like we're there babies. We need to imbue them with genuine concern for human well being, otherwise it could be really Yeah, so we need to convince AI to care about us so they don't, you know, eat us. Wow Armstrong and Getty