Speaker 1: Hey, guys, ready or not, twenty twenty four is here and we here at breaking points, are already thinking of ways we can up our game for this critical election.
Speaker 2: We rely on our premium subs to expand coverage, upgrade the studio ad staff, give you, guys, the best independent coverage that is possible. If you like what we're all about, it just means the absolute world to have your support. But enough with that, let's get to the show. Good morning, everybody, Happy Tuesday. We have an amazing show for everybody today. What do we have, Crystal.
Speaker 1: Indeed, we do a lot of very consequential news this morning, especially with regards to Israel. So yesterday they struck the Iranian embassy in Syria, killing a top commander and a number of other individuals. This has potentially catastrophic and frankly terrifying consequences the fallen of this, so we will take a look at that. Also, yesterday they struck and killed seven aid workers with Jose Andres organization in the World Central Kitchen. That organization has now paused all operations in Gaza Strip. One of the individuals who was killed is actually an American citizen, So break that down for you as well. We've got some Trump updates for you. He took a billion dollar hit to his net worth yesterday as a result of true social stock really suffering a bad blow, so we'll talk about that. We also have a really interesting report from the Wall Street Journal that we wanted to discuss gen Z increasingly choosing blue collar work. So what could that mean for the future. It is actually really fascinating to look at these numbers. Sixty Minutes dropped a supposed expose on Havana syndrome, so Soccer and I both took a.
Speaker 3: Close look at that.
Speaker 1: We will tell you what we make of their big blockbuster report on this. Richard Dawkins, famous atheist, is saying now he is a cultural Christian and also taking aim at Islam, so we will discuss that. I'm taking a look at what has been done to Al Shifa Hospital. That hospital, which is the largest in the Gaza Strip, or at least was the largest in the Gaza Strip, is now completely destroyed and as IDF soldiers after a two week raid, a massacre has been revealed. So I'm going to take you through everything we know about what happened there. And we have a fantastic guest in the show today. I'm really excited for you guys to get to see he has been every day on Capitol Hill stalking members of Congress, just trying to get basic answers from them. Some of his exchanges have gone viral. You may have seen a few, So we'll talk to him about what he's been up to there. But before we get into any of that, just want to thank all of you so much for your support.
Speaker 3: To the show.
Speaker 2: That's right, Thank you so much to our premium subscribers. As we continue to tease it is becoming very very soon a major upgrade in our premium service. I think a lot of people will be very satisfied with the results, and there's going to be a lot of new additions. You guys are going to be the very very first to know. I do recommend that you go ahead and sign up now because we have a discount going on at Breakingpoints dot com and you will be the first to know. You'll have the immediate upgrade, and we will communicate everything, including the big news to you first before it goes out to anybody else. So if you can take advantage and you can help us out, we would really appreciate it. We have some major plans for the election season that's coming at.
Speaker 1: So let's go ahead and jump into this big news with regards to Israel. Let's put this up on the screen. Yesterday, as I mentioned, Israel struck the Iranian embassy in Syria. That strike on part of that embassy complex in Damascus killed three generals in irans Could's force and four other officers. One of those individuals is quite a high ranking commander. So this is extraordinarily significant, not only because who was taken out, and you can see the images on the screen there of that complex, you know, apparently smoke, smoldering and on fire. It's not only significant because of who was taken out, but also because of where this occurred. Let's put this map up on the screen so you all can see the Iranian embassy and this building that was part of the Iranian embassy. I mean, this is sandwiched right in between the embassy of Canada and the actual full embassy building of Iran. This is right in the center of Damascus, as you could see from these videos. I don't think I could possibly describe to you how extraordinary and how much of an outrageous breach of international law.
Speaker 3: This truly is.
Speaker 1: In fact, it's hard to think of a similar scenario unfolding and a similar targeting of an embassy building. As you can imagine, the response from the Iranians has been complete outrage at what has.
Speaker 3: Been done here.
Speaker 1: So they, you know, for one thing, are saying that there will be some sort of response. They also and doctor Parci has been doing quite a bit of analysis here, and I'm reading from one of his tweets. Aroun messaged Biden via the Swiss following that attack, and they appear to also hold the US responsible here. Because of our overwhelming unconditional support of Israel, Aron pressed Iraqi malicious previously to stop attack in the US.
Speaker 3: There have been zero attacks in six weeks.
Speaker 1: Israel may have just killed that ceasefire, put targets on US troops now, Sager, you know, the US is saying, oh, we had no idea in advance, We had nothing.
Speaker 3: To do with this. This was all Israel.
Speaker 1: Will Aron believe that what will the fallout here be of this extraordinary provocation from the Israelis who seem to be inviting and courting a much larger and much even more consequential war than what we've already seen.
Speaker 2: That's the terrifying part. So this is actually a breach of the Vienna Convention. Vienna Convention is what governs diplomatic relations effectively, is what keeps people inside of embassy safe. Now, before people who are like, hey, well it wasn't really being used for embassy consular purposes, let me cleane you in on something. All people, all nations, including US, use embassies as fronts for spying illicit activity CIA. You know, you can go and read the long history of our own use of that. We know that it's being done to us. That's why the embassies here in Washington are all heavily surveils. Ours are heavily surveiled across the world. One of the reasons that we don't generally attack them, even whenever people who are highly unseemly, including people who we would like to kill who are inside of them, is specifically to not breach the Vienna Convention and then invite similar attacks on our own diplomats and or spies all across the world. So that's a little bit of the background. Can we go and put the next element please up on the screen, because this is very important. What the Iranians say is that the strike on its compound killed two separate generals and that the envoy to Syria quote vows decisive response in their attack. Now, what's been frankly not discussed enough in this is that this is the continuation of the last couple of days of a major ramp up by Israel inside of Syria. And we can put that next one up there please on the screen. What this tells us is that the Israelis actually struck previously just days ago in Syria, killing quote dozens of militants, including Syrian soldiers and Hesbola militants. This explicitly, let's again repeat, has nothing to do with the current war on Gaza and instead was an expansion against Hezbolah militants and including the killing of Syrian soldiers. So let's just repeat here again that we have an attack both here on in Iranian IRGC general who was the major top general of the Iyatolas kind of personal revolutionary guard corps. We have the deaths of Syrian soldiers and we have the deaths of Hesbela militants. These are three very important constituencies that are in the region there's also Crystal. There is reports that are currently filtering out of an all ton of base in Syria. This is where the United States has several US service members who are stationed there who are special operators supposedly going against Isis. Anyway, these will recall that that mission and some of these bases have been previously attacked several weeks ago. We are now getting reports just as of this morning, that the US occupation that the US base in Altanov is now being attacked with suicide drones, very likely from the IRGC. So what the terrifying part of that is that it's not Israel these soldiers who are forward deployed in Iraq, Syria, Jordan and elsewhere. It is American soldiers who are now appearing to be attacked by these suicide drones after what appeared to be at least some sort of quasi ceasefire after a retaliatory strike on the IRGC previously.
Speaker 3: I want to make this as clear as possible.
Speaker 1: Israel's actions here and in the Gaza Strip and throughout the region, and our explicit support of that policy has gravely endangered our own service members. We're going to bring you another report in a bit about how those service members who are going to be sent to build this frikin peer outside the Gaza Strip or connecting the Gaza Strip, they are going to be put at significant risk because of course they're going to be right there in a war zone. And while we talk a lot here, of course about Israel's action, the truth of the matter is people throughout the region see us as just as complicit as they should. I mean, what did we talk about yesterday, How we continue to ship these two thousand pounds bunker buster bombs even as we go out and pretend to handring our concern.
Speaker 3: About civilian life.
Speaker 1: So the level of risk that our service members have been put at is extraordinary and it's indefensible. I mean, as you've discussed before soccer, even if you don't care a lick about Palestinian life, even if you don't care, how does this serve our interests as Americans? This is insanity and Biden, clearly, because of his ideological fervency, almost fundamentalist commitment to Zionism and the cause of Israel, has put us in an insane, outrageous, indefensible position. And a strike like this, God knows what the fallout is going to be. There are dire warnings coming from the Iranians. There was a statement released saying this attack will have our fierce response. There of course talking about how this is a violation of international law. And that's the other piece of this is there seems to be an intentional pattern of seeing what the Israelis can get away with. They have violated effectively every humanitarian international law, norm, guideline, whatever you want to call them.
Speaker 3: You could possibly imagine.
Speaker 1: Just yesterday, you have IDF soldiers leaving Al Shifa Hospital, which I'm going to talk about in my monologue, revealing an atrocious massacre, potentially hundreds of individuals killed, many of whom proven to be civilians, including a number of doctors, medical staff who were killed, children, field executions at this hospital which is supposed.
Speaker 3: To be off limits.
Speaker 1: You have seven aid workers operating in a deconfliction zone in a clearly marked car. They're to try to feed a popular that israel Is starving to death, who are targeted and killed. And you have this strike on an embassy, killing a top commander and leading again to god knows what type of escalation here. It is absolute insanity. What we're seeing unfold.
Speaker 2: Well, it's really terrifying, as I said, because we're the ones who are forward deployed and we have effectively been guaranteeing their security. We've got hundreds, actually probably thousands of troops in the immediate vicinity, and ours are the ones who are sitting ducks and who would be and incur the cost of any major incursion. It is not in the United States interest to get dragged into a war with Iran, even with Syria. I mean, let's even play this out. Let's say even the Iranians don't get involved here, a war between Syria and Israel would be a disaster for us. We have thousands of troops who are nominally in Syria, also on the border there with Jordan, as we lost three already in this conflict. An explosion there would almost certainly draw in the tens of thousands of Hezbola militants that are currently inside of Syria, and then we could be a full blown conflagration. And that's exactly how you get Iran drawn into the conflict. This is also an upping of the ante, and this is kind of what we've been seeing as strike, a breach of the Vienna Convention in towntown Damascus. This doesn't just happen, you know, as we've just demonstrated, there had dozens of Syrians that were killed, militants and others that were just a couple of days ago. The Israelis have been wanton links striking and blowing up whoever they want inside of Syria basically for the last seven years. They learned that strategy from Us. And part of the problem is that when you erase any of these norms around war and about treating Syria as a sovereign state, we get to this point where people can just feel as if they can do what they want. I mean, this isn't Hamas, this isn't even technically a non state act. This is full blown sovereign nations with the capacity to destroy tens of millions. And that is where, you know, the gamble is really honestly terrifying. And that's what we see here with Biden. I haven't even seen, you know, some sort of reaction here from the Biden administration. And instead what we're basically doing is shipping them the weapons and selling them the planes that they are then carrying out such strikes with. Okay, but then should we not have some say, you know how these things are done and are used my only humble suggestion. But apparently that's too much.
Speaker 1: Well, and they're they're claiming, oh, we we had no idea. Maybe that's true. That's kind of a terrifying possibility in and of itself. If we did know and we're like, yeah, you're go ahead, that's also a terrifying possibility.
Speaker 3: But the bottom line is the Iranians.
Speaker 1: Clearly see US as complicit here, and you know how a media works here, and you know how the many hawkish members of Congress on both sides of the Aisle work as well. So far, the regional attacks have come from proxy groups, not directly from Iran. Is that trend going to hold or are the Iranians going to feel the need to now directly respond? What if US service members are killed by on what?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: How many voices are going to be out there calling for a direct hot war with a run over Israel's bullshit and our support of Israel's bullshit. That's where we are, that's what we're on the precipice of. And that's why this development is so extraordinary and frankly, so incredibly terrifying. Let's move on to the other horrific news or some of the other horrific news that we learned yesterday as well, got and put this up on the screen. So as I alluded to before, we now know that seven aid workers for Jose Andre's organization called World Central Kitchen were killed. The Israeli military bombed three cars that belonged to these foreign nationals. We now know that one of the individuals who was killed is a dual American Canadian citizen, but a number of other foreign nationals involved here, as well as as one Palestinian. Jose Andres himself put on a statement saying, today World Central Kitchen lost several of our sisters and brothers in an IDF airstrike in Gaza. I'm heartbroken, greeming for their families and friends and our whole WCK family. These are people angels I served alongside in Ukraine, Gaza, Turkey, Morocco, Bahamas, Indonesia. They are not faceless, they are not nameless. The Israeli government needs to stop this indiscriminate of killing. It needs to stop restricting humanitarian aid, stop killing civilians and aid workers, Stop using food as a weapon.
Speaker 3: No more innocent lives lost.
Speaker 1: Peace starts with our shared humanity and it needs to start now. You can see that message up on the screen from Jose Andres and of course the context here is number one, a policy of collective punishment and starvation which has been ongoing since post October seventh. You now have acute levels of food insecurity where people and especially children and babies are literally to death. You have anarchy breaking out because of the desperate circumstances, especially in northern Gaza, and now amidst that backdrop, you have seven aid workers who there specifically to try to feed hungry people who are targeted and killed by the IDF. Sober I know they're expressing their quote unquote sorrow over the incident, claiming they're going to investigate it. But let's be really clear here. These aid workers were in a deconflicted zone. They had done everything followed standard protocol to make sure they were not targeted, that they would be safe while they were conducting aid activities trying to feed starving people, and they were targeted and killed anyway in a marked car.
Speaker 3: There is no excuse for this, and it fits.
Speaker 1: A pattern of aid workers being killed and slaughtered in the Gaza strip by the IDF in the context of this conflict.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have a statement here this morning, just breaking from Benjamin Ntsenyahu, Prime Minister of Israel, saying that the killing of the AID workers quote was unintended and is a tragic incident. One of the things though, is that it definitely strains a little bit of credulity. Is for the pictures that are coming out of the strike. For those of us who covered the war on Terror, the image in front of us is not in any way surprising. It's the exact tailtale sign of a precision guided munition that's been going through is fired easily by a drone in some cases, actually, there's been seen some speculation by munitions and military experts it may have even been the tailtale the bladed hell fire missile. I know that that's one that the US has used in the past because it's one that can carry directly through a car and create the whole just exactly like what you see, which kills everybody inside but limits the amount of collateral damage then on the outside. So then there's a question of where do they get such munition? Why are we using this on an AID convoy and presumably you know, given the fact that the top of the car literally has the picture of food that's on top of it clearly branded with the name, then why was it targeted in the first place? And I mean, I think it does also tell you a lot that these Reelis themselves have basically givered no explanation as to how something like this can happen. They just say it's an unintended strike and that they express their condolences for the dead.
Speaker 1: This is just another number added to the hundreds of eight workers who have already been killed by the IDF, And so you can't look at the numbers and just assume, oh, well, this is all an accent, and let's think about the fallout here, because now World Central Kitchen they've suspended operations in the Gaza strip. They've been actually one of the more effective operations on the ground. This is their first time working in Gaza, but they've worked in many other difficult regions around the world. They had been quite bold in their approach and cowardedly pretty effective. So this is the worst thing that could possibly happen in terms of starving Palestinians. Yet another aid organization cut off at the knees, just like Anra has been as well. So the consequences here are incredibly dire, and it's so it is so indescribable, the number of atrocities that have been committed day after day. And you just look at this and you say, well, how are they so brazen killing an American aid worker, potentially dragging us.
Speaker 3: Into World War three with Iran?
Speaker 1: It was massacre at the hospital, the flower massacre, the targeting of hospitals and mosques and churches and refugee camps with two thousand pound bunk or buster bombs, and you look at it and it's very clear it's because they've gotten away with all of it. Is there any expectation that even though they just bombed one of our citizens, that there will be any consequences for that?
Speaker 3: No? Absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Do you think that even as they just struck the Iranian embassy in Damascus, potentially dragging us into a much broader and even more dangerous conflict, do you think there will be any consequences for that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: So, when you want, well, why do they do these things and how do they Well, it's because they can, because they've been testing and tribal and What can we get away with? What can we get Can we get away with targeting starving civilians who are trying to obtain AID off a truck?
Speaker 3: Yes we can.
Speaker 1: Can we get away with targeting a hospital, Yes we can. Okay, we're going to target basically every hospital in the entire Gaza strip and destroy the entire health infrastructure. Can we get away with targeting an embassy in a foreign country?
Speaker 3: Yes we can't.
Speaker 1: Can we get away with targeting foreign nationals who are aid workers?
Speaker 3: And we already all.
Speaker 1: Know the answer. I also don't want to lose sight of the fact that these were extraordinary human beings who decided who signed up to be in this dangerous, brutal conflict zone. We wanted to share with you a portion of a video of two of the individuals who were killed by the Israelis in this strike and the work that they were doing there on the ground.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look.
Speaker 4: Hey, this is on and we're at the Java La kitchen, and we've put the leason plus tell us a little bit about the.
Speaker 5: Past to make the book the rice we have on the species or boil the water or.
Speaker 6: The boiling water inside.
Speaker 5: This is the step language put oil.
Speaker 2: We have the spices and.
Speaker 5: After we have trying the rice, not the water. The water is aramatized with this these mixed spices. There is a black lemons. There is some chili, seven mixed spices, ballets, salt, pepper, and at the base jay.
Speaker 4: So this is the beautiful, fragrant aromatic rice. So we'll be served today from kitchen.
Speaker 1: Thank you some of humanity's finess. Right there, Zomi and Shefali. That was the final video that they produced. There you can see, you know, preparing food for starving gosins. And now Sager, they're gone.
Speaker 2: Tragic, I mean beyond tragic, honestly, just aid workers. Look, we'll see what the what the official reaction is from their governments. But I'm not going to hold my breath, especially I mean with the American you know, especially for me. I'm like, you kill one of our own citizens in a strike that you say is unintended. You got to release a lot of data here on exactly how exactly this went down. But the thing is, Chrystal, we know they won't do that because that would expose the same level of anger and internal I mean, at a certain point we already know in terms of the indiscriminate, the lack of tactics you've covered it to in the past, the AI use in some cases, the way that people are just killed Willy Neil. That's another interesting question. Did human even make a decision here or do they just program something in here and says if it's a moving car in X, Y and z area, just blow the shit out of that's right, and you know that, and if so, you better answer a lot of questions as to why I don't feel in any way confident that our consulor you know, officials or state department will in any way do something like that. It takes me really upset.
Speaker 1: We know what their response is going to be. Matt Miller and these other people, Oh well, it Israel says they're investigating, wait for the results of that investigation. And guess what, you never hear the results of that investigation. You never hear about it again unless you know somebody like Ryan or another journalist ask about it, to which they just point to, you know, well, we're upset about that, and they're investigating, and we'll wait to see so we know exactly where this is ultimately going to go. And you know, the Israeli military, the IDF. They're famously very technically advanced, right, they have all the technology in the world, and yet we have consistently seen AID workers, medical workers, ambulances. The little girl who was trapped in a car with her dead family members begging for help, the Red Crescent sends out medics in an ambulance deconflicted with the Israelis in an attempt to save her, and everyone involved targeted and killed.
Speaker 3: Like at a certain point.
Speaker 1: We can't be so naive as to think these are all just unfortunate accidents that the Israelis are truly, really profoundly sorry about, because again, this helps to further their goal of inflicting pain and suffering on the palestinating people, specifically through the tool of starvation as a weapon of war. So the fact that this aid organization has now had to pause their operations and are no longer feeding the people of Gaza who are starving to death is a devastating, devastating Below, let's move on to some additional risks for our service members that are President Joe Biden is willingly putting them into. Let's put this up on the screen, Soccer. You found this, I mean, this is it's obvious in a way by the Washington posts. You made a good job writing up here. Biden's plan for Gaza Peer endangers US troops, experts warn Skeptics fear the humanitarian operation will be an enticing target for Hamas or other militants. They write in this piece, the Biden administration's plan to install a floating peer as part of the broad international initiative feed starving Palas names will endanger the US service members who must build, operate, and defend the structure from attack. According to military experts, they say there is a risk of enormous political consequences for the president. I love how the political consequences for the president our top of mind here versus the lives of the service members who are being put at risk. The Americans fixed proximity to the fighting and the intense anger at the US for support of Israel will render the peer an enticing target for Hamas or another militant group, many of whom receive arms military guidance from Iran. Skeptics of the operation worn rocket fire, attack druns and divers, are boats hauling explosives. All will pose a threat. Paul Kennedy, who's a retired Marine Corps general who led major humanitarian operations after natural disasters into Paul in the Philippines, said, quote, if a bomb went off in that location, the American public will ask what the hell were they doing there in the first place, which seems like something that the American people are frankly already asking.
Speaker 2: Well, they should ask that, because actually the more that we learn about this, the more terrifying it becomes. It says currently the amount that you that one thousand four Army ships deployed from Southeast Virginia March twelve. After an estimated thirty day transit, the vessels will pull in offshore. The soldiers will then began building a floating steel structure in eighteen hundred foot two lane causeway stretching from the edd of the Mediterranean Sea to a beachhead. All deliveries will then be staged and inspected in Cyprus before being loaded onto vessels that carry them to the pier. US personnel will have to move supplies to that causeway. They say then that officials will not leave it. Now here's where it gets even crazier is that the Israel government has said that is really forces will only ensure that aid reaches those that it should. Now they're taking over, So who exactly is this aid, you know, being turned over to? The other question here about troops and being top of mind is they list the evacuation of Afghanistan and the Bay Route bombings from nineteen eighty three as to consequences of what it looks like whenever you just have troops in a very uncertain environment. And that really what makes me nervous about this, and I think rightfully so is a way these are only a thousand, you know, source of sailors. Let's not forget you know, incidents like Beyrout, like the USS coal bombing in two thousand. All it took was a pittily little speedboat and they killed a lot of American sailors and they blew, you know, some two hundred million dollar ship a massive hole in the middle of the side of it. So it just highlights the immense danger that these guys are in. I mean, not to mention it's in the middle of a freaking war zone. The Israelis just bombed AID workers. How do we know that our troops and personnel won't come into content? How do we know that a hamas rocket's not going to missfire or intentionally be fired at them, and it just takes one and then what do we know, We're all in the middle of something else. Again, not to mention even accidents. I mean, remember in the Obama administration when the Navy speedboat what was it like, drifted into Iranian waters and it was a hostage crisis. These are all things that we need to avoid absolute you know that we should not even consider putting our people in harms way, and instead we're actually sending more people into harms way, specifically to protect Israel's reputation. I guess which is what's even more ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I mean, the logic of it is insane and preposterous. There there are plenty of AID crossings, there are plenty of AID trucks. The thing that's lacking is really will to actually feed the people in Gaza and not start them to death. That's what's lacking. So that's why this whole pure idea has always been preposterous. By the way, after it was announced in Biden's State of the Union, like it was some great humanitarian gesture that he came up with, it later was revealed through reporting that actually Netanyahu was the one who suggested it.
Speaker 3: It was his idea.
Speaker 1: And then netanyahuo floated to the Kanesset, to a group in the Kannesset that hey, perhaps this peer could ultimately be used to allow Palestinians, allow quote unquote Palestinians to leave the Gaza Strip, in other words, to help further our aims of ethnic cleansing and demographically thinning this area. So that's what's I think really going on here, because the idea that this is the best way to get aid into the Gaza Strip is insane. All we need to do is actually pressure Israel to let in the aid that is sitting amassed at the border, but we won't do that. Instead, we would rather put our service members at risk on some nonsense boondoggle that's going to take months to even come into effect anyway. And then, by the way, every time the Panagamon of the State Department gets asked about hey, you know, okay, so once this peer is built, what is even your plan for a distribution because you have effectively anarchy at least.
Speaker 3: In northern Gaza. And they're, oh, we'll get back to you on that.
Speaker 1: We don't really know that seems like a pretty frickin key piece of the puzzle here, doesn't it. Because one of the problems is even when an AID truck does get in, Israel has targeted the civil society workers and the other groups on the ground that have been trying to be responsible for safely delivering.
Speaker 3: This aid and not just having chaos.
Speaker 1: And you know, or the massacres that have occurred, like the Flower massacre where the IDF directly fires on starving gossens who are trying to seek out this food for themselves and their families. So just another layer of irresponsibility and insanity that you know, I think everyone clearly sees through. Let's also talk a little bit about, you know, some of the other events that have been occurring that fell a little bit under the radars.
Speaker 3: Put this up on the screen. So an Iraqi militia was actually.
Speaker 1: Able to strike inside of Israel in their Red Sea port city of a Lot came under an aerial attack on Monday.
Speaker 3: Caused no casualties, the.
Speaker 1: Military said, but was able to get through their air defense systems. So that is significant and also just a reminder the Houthis are still out there doing their thing, and we are still out there, you know, shooting down their drones and attacking inside of Yemen. In another potentially you know, escalatory scenario. Can put this up on the screen the Houthis have. The US military says it destroyed Houthy drones over the Red Sea and in Yemen. So you know, how many months at this point have we had this policy of striking the Thies. Hasn't slowed them down, haven't changed the dynamics, not that they even expected that it would. But this remains another potential point of escalation. So a dangerous and horrifying situation all the way around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's scary, especially considering those attacks on the Altoni base and others that could have broken at least what was supposedly some sort of six week you know, temporary ceasefire that we saw in the region. All signs point to more US soldiers, more US blood, and more US involvement in the Middle East. That's something I fought against for my entire professional life. So makes sense that this is exactly where we end up, even though I would contend the super majority of the American public has learned our lessons from our adventures in that region, and yet you know, Washington, Israel, everybody else can't just keep dragging us into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, all right.
Speaker 1: So let's talk a little bit about Donald Trump and his somewhat all over the police comments that he made to an Israeli news doundlet. The reaction to those comments from the two right wing Israeli journalists who were interviewing him is now being reported in the New York Times. I can put this up on the screen. So the headline here is Trump's call for Israel to quote finish up war. Alarm some on the right recent remarks he made urging an end to the Gaza conflict and no insistence on freeing Israeli hostages. First, we're another departure from conservative support for net and Yahoo. So they right here. Two Israeli journalists traveled to Palm Beach, Florida a little over a week ago, hoping to elicit from Donald J. Trump a powerful expression of support for their country's war in Gaza. Instead, one of them wrote that what they heard from mister Trump at mar A Lago quote shocked us to the core. Both US presidential cannie Biden and Trump are turning their rhetorical backs on Israel. This is so delusional by the way, on every level, both about Biden and about Trump. But anyway, concluded Ariel Kahana, right wing settler who is the senior diplomatic correspondent for Israel Higham the newspapers owned by the billionaire Republican donor at Miriam Maddilson. Miss Addilson has arranged the interview with mister Trump personally, Accordingyshaw, person with direct knowledge of the planning, and just as a little reminder of a bit of what he said in that interview, let's go ahead and listen to Donald Trump.
Speaker 7: They would have.
Speaker 8: Never done that because they knew there would have been very big consequences.
Speaker 7: All right, that.
Speaker 8: Being said, you have to finish up your war. You have to finish it up. You got to get it done, and I'm sure you'll do that. And we got to get to peace. You can't have this going on. And I will say, Israel has to be very careful because you're losing a lot of the world, You're losing a lot of support. You have to finish up, you have to get the job done, and you have to get onto peace. You have to get onto a normal life for Israel. And for everybody else here they say, if I ran for if I ran for office in Israel, I get ninety eight percent of the vote. I'm not Jewish, and yet Israel to me is very important.
Speaker 1: He goes on to say, that's why I did gol on Heights, a reminder of the fact that he was staunchly pro Israel when he was president in the United States the last time around. But one of those journalists reacting saying Trump effectively bypassed Biden from the left when he expressed willingness to stop this war and get back to being the great country you once were. There's no way to beautify, minimize, or cover up that problematic message. So a bit of a freak ount there on those comments.
Speaker 3: I found it, amuzing I.
Speaker 2: Found it really funny, but actually really worth reading this piece. Jonathan Swan always a very good reporter and astute, and he had an interesting thing. I definitely wanted to get your reaction to Crystal is. John Poteerrits. He's the editor of Commentary. People who don't know we call him JPod Online, probably one of the most unhinged Israel supporters, has attacked the Show Me and You Times previously only known because his father was a respected intellectual, but many such cases here in Washington, DC. Anyway, here's what he says, quote, the only difference between Trump and Biden, and I say this as somebody who is not a supporter of Biden, is that Biden has put his money where his mouth is. He's been sending arms. Mister Pudhert said so that he seems to suggest, operationally, the problem with Biden is rhetoric and not policy. Trump is rhetoric and he's not laying out any policy that should make anybody feel good. And now I found that very noteworthy because as you can see there, the actual diehards for Israel are very much appreciative of Joe Biden. They are annoyed that he won't rhetorically back him, but they're like, hey, he's been sending in the arms. That's what we actually want the weapons. Trump is a genuine wildcard. You have no idea. And the irony is is that Trump doesn't care. He doesn't care about anything. And in fact what comes through is that he has quote never forgiven Benjamin Nettunnahoo for congratulating Joe Biden as the winner of the twenty twenty election, and it may Hey, listen, take what you can get right with Trump. That may be the one thing that will undercut his previous love affair with Netauna Who. For example, in twenty twenty one, mister Trump told Axios journalist Brock Ravid he concluded Nettuna Who never wanted peace with the Palestinians, and his first reaction after October seventh was to criticize Bibie and the intelligence services. His advisors then privately pleaded with him to clean up his comments, and then he eventually turned to standard lines of support before returning to the ambiguity of you gotta wrap this thing up now as much as possible. I mean, look, I've always put some at least some faith in Trump's complete indifference on these issues, because with Trump it's better rather than by Biden. Is ideological in some way, sometimes good Afghanistan, sometimes horrible, like in Many, Ukraine, for example, Israel. With Trump, he'll just go where over the wind blows. And what struck out to me was with Trump throughout the whole thing, he's like, it's becoming a real problem. You know, you look all over the world, people are really starting to abandon you. You got to wrap things up. He's like an outside observer and with that, now we don't know what policy will happen, you know, if he were to assume the presidency. But at the very least he is a genius in one respect, which is public relations and with how things are shifting politically and where to stake out a position. And that's why it was extraordinary to hear him say like, oh, you got to wrap it up as soon as possible.
Speaker 1: The safest assumption with Trump is obviously that he's going to connect himself the same way he read last time, which is overwhelming pro Israel support. And one thing that was noteworthy in that interview that didn't get as enough attention is the interviewers asked specifically about this proposal from Trump's ambassador to Israel when he was president of the United States, where his proposal asked for Israel to fully assert sovereignty over the West Bank, what he of course calls today in Samaria. And they asked Trump about it, and he basically indicated he was open to it. I mean, that's the thing, is you're right that he he doesn't have the same ideological, fervent commitment to Israel that Joe Biden clearly does. He is a purely transactional character. However, always up to this point in the modern you know, in the past thirty years or whatever, that transactional math always, especially on the Republican side, at this point, adds up to fervent, unconditional support of whatever the hell Israel wants to do. Because remember, the actually the strongest, most lockstep diehard supporters not just of Israel, but of Nan Yahoo and Moriss and Ben Giveren, whatever insanity and psychosis they want to unleash, is not actually Jewish Americans. It's the white evangelical Christians who make up the most important part and the most fervent supporters of Donald Trump. You also have, you know, part of why last time around he was so pro Israel. It is not just because of Kushner, but because of the close relationship and the money that came from Sheldon Addelson. So it's not clear to me that any of that fundamental transactional math has really shifted from him. So I can't have any like hope or expectation that the fact that he made these like sort of vague comments saying you got to wrap it up, which can also be construed as you need to sort of like, you know, the guy who said you need to knew Gaza and finish it off the Republican congressman. I mean, Trump obviously didn't say that, but that finished the job. Rhetoric is similar to what that Congresszan cleaned up his nuke Gaza comments to mean. So anyway, I think the freak ount over where Trump would be from the Israeli perspective and from the right wing we got to support Israel no matter what perspective is misplaced. Although I do acknowledge that he does not have the ideological furquency around this issue that certainly Joe Biden does.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what he's gonna do. That's always kind of the fun thing with Trump, and we have a relative idea. But I still found it noteworthy, and I did find it especially interesting that the Netanyahu personal angle, and also the fact that, I mean, look, let's not pretend Miriam will Aidelson is one of the most powerful people in the entire GOP. Her late husband Sheldon Addleston, the multi billionaire Las Vegas Las Vegas stands. I mean, he is the funder of birthright, probably single handedly responsible for a huge portion of the GOP electorate's actual positioning on Israel. For him to still say that to a Miriam Adelson interviewee is actually pretty crazy. Now, you know, you could take whatever you want from that. You have no idea which way it will go. But noteworthy to me nonetheless, that at least in Israel they were like, oh wow, like at least he is really right. They're starting to understand that things are a little bit different.
Speaker 1: Here's what is important is even though like I said, I don't think that there could concern over whether Trump is going to be pro Israel or not is particularly well founded, the fact that there's a bit of a freak out over it is actually positive because one of the things that you might expect is that you know, Bbe would prefer Trump to be in office and thinks he can basically like you know, Thombas knows that Joe Biden and wait it out, weigh out these little, you know, handbringing recriminations that are coming from the Biden administration with the expectation that he's going to have Trump his buddy to deal with next time around. And so this at least scrambles that calculus a little bit, and that way is a positive thing.
Speaker 3: Not to mention.
Speaker 1: It's just the comments are amusing in and of themselves. They were shocked to their core, all right, So let's go ahead and get to the business news with regards to Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: Let's put this up on the screen. So we just learned.
Speaker 1: That Truth Social lost fifty eight million dollars last year and as a result, their stock absolutely tanked. It slid ultimately at the end of the day twenty one percent. At one point during the day it was down. That is a direct hit obviously to Donald Trump and his wealth because he owns a fifty seven percent stake in that company. So as a result of this massive drop, his personal net worth dropped one billion dollars in a day. We can put up the chart showing the trajectory of the Trump Media and Technology Group stock price. You know, this is over a long period of time when it was the Spack and whatever. So we can see in the recent era there at the end of this chart, you know.
Speaker 3: Kind of up and down movement.
Speaker 1: Then you have this huge spike just before they you know, officially become this Trump Median Technology stock. And then yesterday you see this precipitous fall in the stock price, which you know, it's a big deal for Trump because he has a cash crunch right now because of his legal issues. He did get catch a bit of a break in New York in terms of what he's going to have to put down upfront, but it's still a lot of money that he's on the.
Speaker 3: Hook for here.
Speaker 1: So the fact that the stock price took such a hit is significant. And also, you know, as we discussed before, so Trump Media and Technology Group True Social they generated just four point one million dollars in revenue last year and lost fifty eight million dollars.
Speaker 3: So the idea that this is some.
Speaker 1: Multi billion dollar company is just like the most preposterous thing ever.
Speaker 3: But it's basically a meme stock.
Speaker 1: His supporters liked the stock, They wanted to help Trump. They wanted to see if they can make some money off of it too, So they've been bidding an up and up and up, and a significant portion of that, although not all of it came crashing down yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What's interesting is that especially highlight some issues with SPACs and with the shell companies and the way that they go public, in that the filing was made after actually the offering. Now as I understand that this is something unique in particular to when SPACs can are allowed to go public before then they are allowed to report their financials and is a little bit different than a traditional IPO. I was reading a little bit in the business press, but the filing at the end of the day shocked all of Wall Street, not just because of the where the price was, because it showed that the company generated Crystal just seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars in revenue in just the fourth quarter of last year. I mean, I think people need to understand this too. Fourth quarter, especially if you're doing advertising, that's that's like the best time because that's when a huge portion of ad spend is actually recorded and is actually deployed because that's when all of us are shopping for Christmas presents or Black Friday. I mean, it's usually it's like for us, for example here on YouTube, that's when we're going to make the most amount of money because that is when our ad rates you're not going to go up. And then Q one January through March is usually the worst time because that's like the lowest ad spend period, so for them to bring in just some three quarters of a million dollars in revenue is honestly stunning, you know, given like it's like, how are you even signing up any clients? And then then you give their top line figures and then you have to wonder about what that growth is and about the burn rate for some sixty million dollars. That's another question I have. I'm like, what the hell are you even spending sixty million dollars on?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 2: It's just I mean, what is it? Servers? Like, it can't take that many engineers to run this. It's very basic technology. Look at Elon he fired ninety percent of the people on Twitter in this site mostly still works. It's like, what are you doing over there?
Speaker 3: Apparently a lot of.
Speaker 1: It was an interest expense. I'm not really clear interest on what, but I guess must have some sort of loan massive set that they Yeah. So anyway, which, yeah, that is a problem because that means that's going to continue potentially and definitely right the thing was true social I mean, just to get to pretend like this is a serious business model for a moment. We were always skeptical of these like Twitter alternatives back when you know, Trump was kicked off of Twitter, and before it was in the Elon Musk era and whatever.
Speaker 3: But at that point, at.
Speaker 1: Least there was some sort of a business logic to a Twitter alternative of like, you've got all these conservatives who are upset about the way this company is being managed. You feel like it doesn't represent there are values who want to be able to go somewhere else. And so if you've got Donald Trump on this other platform that's basically Twitter, but it's run by someone that you feel more ideologically aligned with, that at least has some logic to it. But now that you have the elon Twitter era and it's much more of a sympathetic place to conservatives and it's you know, sort of coded right wing. Now, whether the reality of that is true or not, the business case really doesn't make any sense. I mean, at this point, true Social is just relevant only because Trump is on it, and I can't say that I have personally spent a lot of time on truth Social. But apparently because there's no liberals there to like, you know, to sneer at and mock, it's also kind of destructive to the conservative movement because it's just them arguing with each other and like tearing each.
Speaker 2: Other apart to yeah, I don't know enough.
Speaker 1: But it's this, you know, it's this tiny silo where the only thing that really matters on it is whatever Donald Trump says, which gets picked up and also put on Twitter, and which is where we usually see it or also polished, you know, by media outlets when it's something worthy, like his various Easter deranged truths. So it really doesn't have a logical business case at this point. So on the one hand, it's like, oh, I can't believe they only they only got in seven hour, fifty thousand dollars in revenue last quarter. But it's also like, who is even advertising on this platform at all? And what yeah, what business would say, Oh, the place I really want to be is true Social. It's going to be definitionally, it's going to be very niche organizations who are really just trying to target this specific ideological group. And you know, I was trying to look up how many daily active users True Social has. That information's not out there, but it obviously is dwarfed by other, you know, mainstream social media platforms. So in any case, I think it was only a matter of time before there was a significant cratch, and I would expect that there's more to come. And again it is one more illustration of just how incredibly fake our economy is. Because I do this, even after the crash, it still has like a six point six billion dollars valuation.
Speaker 3: Crazy.
Speaker 2: No, it's been an e Yeah, And that's the other view is that they haven't yet had to tell us what their number of monthly users is. There is an estimate that there are approximately one million monthly active users, but not daily active users. I mean, for context, I think Twitter has two hundred and seventeen million. I believe like actual daily active users. I'm pretty sure i'd have to go back. Yeah, daily user base of two hundred and seventeen million as of April of twenty twenty two. Don't know what it is under Elon. According to Elon, it's actually up, so you know. Anyway, So we're talking at two to three hundred times, And just so everybody knows, trude social is what worth six billion. Fidelity has marked down their investment in Elon's Twitter by some seventy percent. So let's do the math here. Let's doo point three times. What did Elon pay for a forty four billion, so their fidelity is valuing Twitter under Elon around thirteen billion, so there's no way yeah double, So it's like that actually sounds reasonable to me, thirteen billion dollars for the current Twitter, but yeah, six billion is wildly outrageous.
Speaker 3: I mean, think about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, obviously it's not exactly apples to apples because we're a very different business here, but only a million monthly active users. That means way more people watch our show in a month, oh than are active on truth social I.
Speaker 2: Don't even know.
Speaker 1: I go to show you what a tiny niche sliver of the market is and how completely irrelevant it is the moment that Donald Trump stops posting there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not to brag, but you know, might as well problem it would be, you know, twenty million something like that. That sounds pretty good in terms of how we're doing. But yeah, we're not idiots, and we don't think that our business is worth six billion dollars.
Speaker 9: There.
Speaker 2: At the same time, we wanted to put some good news actually in the show. There's been an astounding development amongst gen z. Even though a lot of people are very concerned about their political views and maybe their online phone usage. It seems that they are a lot more sensible than my millennial generation whenever it comes to employment. Let's go and put this out there on the screen quote from the Wall Street Journal, how gen Z is becoming the tool belt generation. More young workers are going into trades at disenchantment with the college treck continues, rising pay, and new technologies shine up plumbing and electrical jobs. Let's actually go to the next part because this is a really interesting chart that people can see. It shows that enrollment growth in four year college degree in vocational community focused community college has gone up by some fifteen percent from the twenty twenty one baseline, whereas there has been maybe a single digit increase if you look at other four year institutions and even community college that are not vocational focus. What that tells us is that the spike, the overall fifteen or percent spike, is one of the most extraordinary that we've seen in modern American history for younger people who are explicitly choosing to go in to trades based educations with set wages that are much higher than they ever were before than at any time previously when they were choosing for more service based economies, we can go to the next one too, because this is really really fascinating is you can watch there how the precipitous decline has happened in the average age of select trades electrician, heating, air conditioning, carpenter, and I think every trade except for welding has seen a precipitous drop just since twenty twenty, and especially since twenty seventeen in the median age of the people who are engaged in the trades. Crystal. And the main thing that comes through in this piece over and over again on top of the data is that people believe a couple of things. Number one is that the wage premium for college is no longer worth it. That is absolutely one hundred percent true. But two, and even more interesting to me, young people are sitting there eighteen years old. They're looking at AI. They're looking at the productivity gains that are being rolled up up into the stock prices these big tech companies, and they're saying, yeah, you know what, the one thing you can't AI is plumbing, welding, Having a job as an auto mechanic, having a job as an EV technician, having his job as an electrician. They're always going to need that, if anything, that's what's going to build the backbone of the future economy. And they're choosing to make that choice. And I think they're setting themselves up for a much easier and previously trodden path to middle class and frankly to prosperity and not taking out a lot of debt. They're setting themselves up for very very well. They're going to start airning a lot more money than they would have previously. It's a very very sensible direction for a lot of people who are out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's incredibly rational.
Speaker 1: Yeah, college is insanely expensive and debt loads are skyrocketing with no real relief in sight. So you've got that on one side of the ledger, you have a bunch of young people who may have watched their are parents, you know, white collar professions, and seeing how their life is consisted of staring at a computer screen all day and thought, you know what, this isn't really what I want for myself, And so I think there's a reaction in the other direction there. There's also tremendous demand in some of these trades where there'd been previously a crisis of a lot of older journeymen who were retiring and there wasn't a clear pipeline of new young talent to replace them. Well, that is now reversing, and you pointed to the pay, So in this piece they point out that the median pay for new construction hires actually rose a five point one percent to forty eight thousand dollars roughly last year. By contrast, new hires and professional services. So like your sort of traditional white collar job out of college earned an annual thirty nine thousand and experienced a two point seven percent, so a lower increase from twenty twenty two. This is according to ADP, so at least in terms of where you start out, you may start at a higher salary if you go into one of these trades versus if you go and spend all the money on a four year college degree. Now, still over the lifetime of these different careers blue collar versus white collar, right now, the median for white collar work once you're into your career continues to outpace blue collar work. But you know, does that remain the case? Is it worth it given the extraordinary expense that you have to incur on the front end, the fact that there's been a shift away from this idea that everyone has to go to college and if you're going to succeed in life, you have to go to college, and that's the only path forward. I think it's a really positive thing because you know, there's also a lot of people who find tremendous fulfillment in the trades and like being able to build things and work with their hands and don't want to just sit in an office all day. So I think this is a really incredibly positive and hopeful development.
Speaker 2: Honestly, the other very important thing with this is we're talking about the part of the problem. What we talk about with wages is that we look at the average. So, yeah, it's true if you're in the white collar work, if you're college educated, you are probably on average, your lifetime earnings are going to be higher. But where do you live? What are you netting out? One of the nice things about trades is you can live wherever you want. You don't necessarily have to live in a city if you don't want to, and one hundred k a year in a smaller town where they need HVAC just as much as HVAC as we live here in Washington, DC. In some cases, your cost of living can be especially on housing can be like one fifth the amount in a major metropolitan area. You have a lot more flexibility. I see this all the time with people who are skilled, especially like nurses. Nurses they can just decide to move whenever they want, and they're in demand literally everywhere for small town, big town they want to make more money, they can travel to. It's an incredible career field. I see this too with people who are electricians and plumbers. When you have such a valuable skill, you can effectively transplant anywhere in the entire United States. You have more job security, and you also make it so they don't necessarily have to live in a major metropolitan area if you don't want to. It just gives you a ton of optionality. And the other thing, and this is what I really hope for, is that the colleges finally have to compete, because if their revenues start to go down, they're going to have to start mark getting themselves as to why they are actually worth it, and not just so mom and dad can feel good that you went to a four year college degree. They actually got to be like, no, no, no, if you come here, we're going to get you a job. So I actually invest some of that money that they're basically stealing from people and from the government into actually getting you a job on the other side, or maybe the lower their admissions rates, or maybe you know, we can change up our policy. That's probably the most fundamentally important thing, is a shake up to higher education.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that that is correct.
Speaker 1: I also think there's something really important happening in terms of cultural views of college educated white collar work versus blue collar skilled trade work, which this was really you know, for a lot of years, especially in sort of like the peak of the neoliberal era, college was viewed as the pinnacle and trades were considered sort of like the fallback, right, the lesser choice.
Speaker 3: It was like the stepchild. You know.
Speaker 1: They talk about in this article, they talk about a high school where it used to be, you know, the trade building was sort of pushed off to the side and people sneered at it and looked down their nose at it. And now it's got a nice new equipment, it's at the front of.
Speaker 3: The school, it's featured. People actively seek.
Speaker 1: This out, you know, it doesn't have that same sort of like stigma around it that unfortunately it has for far too long.
Speaker 3: So I think that's a.
Speaker 1: Really positive direction as well, and also could lead to you know, blue collar people, average working people having more say and more political power in terms of our politics as well. So I think that's really important. I also think there's something soccer to the fact that, just like the mystique and the fantasy of college is really worn off. How many people go and you know, they do the thing they're supposed to do, and they get their four year degree and then end up, you know, Barista's Starbucks, are working in a field or an industry where they don't even need a four year college degree, or they're certainly not working in mess I mean, perhaps a majority of people end up not even working in the thing that they studied in college.
Speaker 3: So it's like, what are we really doing here?
Speaker 1: We just here for some sort of a life experience, or is this actually leading us to where we want to be in terms of our life and career trajectories. So the fact that stigma's being removed, the fact that wages are going up, the fact that this is being seen as a viable, positive affirmative choice by more people in gen Z, I genuinely think this is such a.
Speaker 2: Positive thing absolutely you can. Let's spend some more time on this. Thirty nine percent of eighteen to twenty four year olds are enrolled in a post secondary program. That's way too high, way too high. The vast majority of those people are enrolled in quote unquote knowledge based service programs and previously were not engaged in vocational programs. The previous percent of people who went to college. I think the right amount was referent around nineteen percent. It should be a luxury good. It should be something where, yes, you have to take out a tremendous amount of debt or you come from a family that can afford it, and then you can use that wage premium in the service based economy. But the vast majority of people don't need to attend. It's not a good trade. So twenty percent or so of people who attended exactly into that bucket. Now I'm not saying it's fair. I don't think it is fair. But what I do think is that watching people go into hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt, the average college what is the average student loan that's out there, something like twenty five something thirty thousand dollars, especially on these variable interest rates with some of these private loan programs is usury. I mean, it's insane, and thanks to our current president, by the way, you can't even discharge it through bankruptcy. So it makes it that it's just an incredible news around people's neck. In this country right now, we have a huge problem where the average woman wants to have two point two kids and is having one point eight. The number one reason that families cite as to why is money and debt. Specifically, a huge portion of this is student debt. The other issue is I just was talking about if you want to have a job and you want to work with your college degree, the likelihood is, like us, you need to move to a major metropolitan area which has a very high cost of living and is where the major concentration of these things are. And so over and over you're getting on the wheel where very few people are actually winning. The people who won are the boomers in the past, and like I said, traditionally some twenty percent or so of the population, which does really justify that college premium highly concentrated in STEM in particular, for what is actually worth it. But we never thought about it as a trade. We just thought of it as an intrinsic good, and that's really how we ended up here.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm just in favor of more choices, right. I think we should have debt forgiveness. I think we should have free public collers, so people who want to pursue that path, who want to go into STEM, want to go into a white collar career. For them, that's the thing, and it makes sense for them that they have that opportunity, and that's fantastic. I think it should be you know, like I said, I think public college should be free. It should certainly be way more affordable than it is right now. And we take it for granted because of the era that we grew up in that it should be this incredible burdensome load, when not that long ago, the University of California system was free and many other schools were extremely affordable where you could work and actually afford to pay your way through school. Like the idea of being able to do that is preposterous now, So people even at state schools leave with tens of thousands of dollars in debt to start their life. That has ripple effects throughout their entire life. As you're pointing out not only with family creation, also really stifles entrepreneurship because you know, you've got this thing you got to pay every month, and that's hanging over you, and so you just feel.
Speaker 3: Like, all right, I got to get to work.
Speaker 1: I got to get whatever is the highest paying job that I possibly can. Forget about potential entrepreneurship, forget about whatever the dream job might be that potentially is lower paying. I just got to get on that grind and try to pay the sucker off. So it really does constrain from the jump your life choices, which is a disaster.
Speaker 3: So the fact that you.
Speaker 1: Have, you know, other pathways that are being seen as attractive, that people are pursuing, that you know, have that the stigma around them is going away, and that lead can lead, you know, very clearly and like on a direct path to this sort of you know, state middle class life.
Speaker 3: It's it's a really it's a really.
Speaker 1: Good thing, really encouraging, and I think we'll potentially have some impact on college affordability as well, because you are already seeing actually enrollment declines in four year institutions as things are shifting.
Speaker 3: So I do think it's a good direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I hope that these private colleges in particular, I hope they get crushed from the wave of this because it is criminal how much they've been jacked.
Speaker 1: Yeah to show true a freaking mediocre school and you're paying those insane amounts.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Did you see that in the Northeast some of these premium like liberal arts colleges are now charging some ninety thousand dollars a year. Look Yale maybe, and maybe I want to say again big maybe the rest of them, Sarah Lawrence or something like that. You are an idiot. If you're paying ninety thousand dollars for something like that, it ain't worth it. It ain't worth it.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's wild.
Speaker 2: Let's move on to Havana syndrome. This is it's the syndrome which simply just won't die for those the fakes has wont killed more people in frustration at its coverage, then it actually has allegedly killed. And Havana syndrome just a return for those who have not heard of it. It has been now alleged for some five six odd years from the Cuban embassy in Havana, where it gets its name, where allegedly US workers embassy workers were being targeted with some new directed energy weapon and experiencing a bizarre array of symptoms. This was then accepted as fact published by the media ascribed then even though it occurred supposedly in Havana to the Russian government and became a full on Russia Gate craze throughout the two thousands, to the extent that the United States Congress passed money to help them with their health bills. Where the US intelligence community at first was treating it as real, the media has an entire panic about whether US diplomats are being attacked with this newfangled weapon. It was eventually killed and said that it was totally fake and by the US intelligence community itself. And yet sixty minutes has decided to resurrect Havana syndrome and say no even though the people who have every incentive to lie and say that it is real, even though they even say that it's not real, they are actually orchestrating a cover up. Here's what they had to say.
Speaker 10: If it is Russia. Investigative reporter Kristo Grozev believes he knows who's involved. In twenty eighteen, Grozev was the first to discover the existence of a top secret Russian intelligence unit which goes by a number two nine one five five.
Speaker 6: These are people who are trained to be versatile assassins and sabotage of raiters. They're trained in comp savellas, they're trained and exposess. They're trained at using poison and technology equipment, actually in thick pain or damage to the targets.
Speaker 10: And Grozev says he found one that may link two nine one five five to a directed energy weapon.
Speaker 6: And when I saw it, I literally had tears in my eyes because it was spelling out what they had been doing.
Speaker 10: It's a piece of accounting. An officer of two nine one five five received for work on quote potential capabilities of non lethal acoustic weapons.
Speaker 2: So he uh, supposedly this is clearly reads like a Tom Clancy novel, Crystal Unit two nine one five of the GRU. By the way, who is this man? He's a Bulgarian journalist who previously worked for Belling Cat, which has been funded by the CIA, and head of the investigations at quote. The Insider, which is an online newspaper supposedly Russia, founded by a Russian journalist and as obviously hostile to the Russian government. Now I'm not I don't know very much about this man. What I do know is that if you just look, it's very basic in terms of the you know, the Midon, the Belling Cat connections and all that, with all the incentive in the world to play up some grand conspiracy and all of this just taking at the word, frankly, a bunch of diplomats and other people who could be suffering from any kinds of health maladies from for whatever reason, hypochondriacs and others who are just being totally believed with frankly no skepticism by the media here and in parroting a crazy accusation, which is that somebody is firing a secret microwave energy weapon through the walls at your head to I mean, for what purpose, to immobilize you? And just keep coming back to why, for what reason, what purpose would this entire thing exists?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So this was really sold as you know, blockbuster story. It was a partnership between sixty minutes German newspaper Der Spiegel and Insider, which, as Zager is just saying, is this outlet of Russian dissidents. So clearly, you know they have a perspective that's fine, but you have to take that perspective into account when you're considering the quote unquote reporting here.
Speaker 3: And they even have to admit.
Speaker 1: In the piece that the quote unquote evidence that they're able to produce is circumstantial. So the big smoking gun is the piece that we just showed you this translated, you know, memo of accounting referring to some ambiguous directed energy acoustic weapon, right that has no specifics. We have no tie in to what's happening here. We don't even know if this is a real thing, right, so it's very speculative.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's another piece.
Speaker 1: There was an incident that unfolded in the country of Georgia, and they have some potential indications that maybe this one guy who may be affiliated with this unit could have been in the area when one of these attacks happen. And then they also have one of these attacks, I'll use the quotes happen. And then they also have some sort of a brief intercepted communication in Russian where someone says is the green light supposed to be flashing?
Speaker 3: And should it stay on all night?
Speaker 1: Now, again, this is very speculative, Okay to connect these pieces and say aha, that must be what's happening. The evidence is just not there to justify to justify that conclusion, I'm trying to be a diplomatic asponsible.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, the green light thing.
Speaker 3: That could be anything.
Speaker 2: That's something, you know, for those of you who are Whoop gang, that's what I say when I plug in my whoop charger because it's green and it shines in the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: I want to guess there's like a fair number of Russian speakers in the country of Georgia and Toblisi at a given moment. So, you know, the idea intercepted this call, they painted as again like this kind of smoking gun when it really really isn't. But to me, perhaps the most revealing part of the sixty minutes you know segment on this expose on this came at the very end where one of the primary people that they're relying on for this analysis, they mentioned in passing that now he's left the Pentagon and he wants to get government contracts to deal with Havana syndrome suffers, so he has a direct monetary incentive to you know, spin this story and paint this picture, et cetera. One of the other key individuals that they interview as part of this is a lawyer who's representing a bunch of Havana syndrome quote unquote sufferers. So you also have, you know, a monetary and personal incentive to paint this picture, so you know, when you put the pieces together, of what they actually were able to produce here versus you know, what we know and what the government has even had to admit at this point. And I don't think that they were excited to admit this, by the way, because they seem very gung ho about the whole syndrome situation. It doesn't really add up.
Speaker 2: No, it's certainly And there's also a hilarious part of the interview where they attempt to disguise a woman by just putting her in a wig, hoping that if she looks a little bit like Lady Gaga, nobody will be able to guess who she is. So if you're watching in particular, you're gonna want to see this. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 10: One of them is Carrie. We're discuss and not using her last name because she's still an FBI agent working in counterintelligence. She says in twenty twenty one she was home in Florida when she was hit by a crippling force and bam, and.
Speaker 11: So in my right ear, it was like a dentist drilling on steroids, that feeling when.
Speaker 10: It gets too close to your eardron.
Speaker 7: It's like that, you know, times ten.
Speaker 10: It was like a high pitch metallic drilling noise, and it knocked me forward at like a forty five degree angle this way.
Speaker 2: As you can see, she's talking about some bizarre symptoms. But frankly, just from watching that Crystal, look, I'm not going to look into who she is close. You shouldn't want her identity revealed. But it's like, how is that possibly going to shield you from any public scrutiny? Just ridiculous. You're actually trying to protect somebody's protect somebody's actual, you know, their identity. Let's also go and put this up there on the screen. As we mentioned, the intelligence community itself says that this is vake. They say that Havana syndrome was not caused by an energy weapon or a foreign adversary according to them, and the basic sixty minutes theory is that all of this is being covered up to avoid some sort of war with Russia or some sort of accusation. Just think about this very clearly. Our government has every incentive in the world to whip up conspiracy theories about Russia to keep the American population against them so that we can continue to buy into their Ukraine funding hoax, which they are dramatically unpopular and underwater with. There's no reason that they would want to cover this up. If it was even two percent true, they would say it was true. Think about the other crap that they've pushed on us, the Russian bounty story in Afghanistan. I mean, I can go on forever, but for some reason, this one in particular. Yeah, that one they're covering up. We're not even talking about debts, you know, we're talking about alleged attacks. Another very clear sign about who are the people who are very I guess rejoicing around this. Here you have John Bolton saying that it's real and that we need to get very serious about it. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 12: When I was a National security by I was briefed on this.
Speaker 2: I was very concerned about it.
Speaker 12: I did then and do now think that there's very likely some hostile adversary behavior here, whether it's Russia, China, maybe somebody else, more than likely Russia. I don't think the government, frankly, when I was there took it seriously enough. I don't think they've taken it seriously enough since then. I commend CBS for going after it. I think you should continue to go after it too, because the danger that the Russians or any adversary could actually perfect this kind of weapon, the damage it could do to our troops, to high level government officials in a time of crisis is very very concerning, and I just think people swept.
Speaker 10: It aside too quickly.
Speaker 12: Some of the people who were affected actually were National Security Council staff when I was there, and the idea that these people had some kind of psychosomatic experience was not credible to me. But we know that the Russians have used directed energy efforts against our embassy in Moscow out in years past. The speculation this time on sixty minutes was it was acoustical devices. I think directored energy is probably more likely.
Speaker 2: So there you go, Crystal, If directed energy this is the likely reason, it's definitely the Russians. Anytime I see something like this, you just have to be deeply skeptical, And I think the broader point to all of this why do we even care is because certain siops that the media deems credible of, you know, airing here basically with very little shreds of evidence again on sixty minutes, our premier television investigative review program for some reason. As long as it's Russia, then you know, we can roll it out there. We can even allege that the US government, which has cooked up the most insane Russian conspiracies of the last seven years, that they itself are in on some grand Russian conspiracy. Yeah, it doesn't pass the smell test.
Speaker 1: Joe Biden called Vladimir Putin a war criminals administration's official positions that they're committing genocide in Ukraine, thank you, but he's going to be afraid to say that are using some sort of directed energy or acoustic weapon or whatever against our diplomats. It just doesn't really make sense. And as I said, I genuinely listen to this thing with an open mind. Okay, I am perfectly willing to be wrong, and as someone who you know, I trust in respect took it seriously and was like, really give it a genuine listen. But the scraps of quote unquote evidence that they offered just do not justify this really extraordinary conclusion. And it is an extraordinary conclusion. I mean, as you said, it sounds like something out of a spy novel. So if you're going to assert something that is really extraordinary and also potentially, you know, leads to escalation and provocation and all of these sorts of things, you may have some real stuff to back it up.
Speaker 3: And they definitely did not in this instance.
Speaker 1: And also they relied on the credibility of a number of people who have direct financial interests or personal interests in Havana syndrome being real and being you know, from a foreign advert National Institutes of Health. In addition to that Intel assessment that said, you know, we really don't think that this came from a foreign adversary, there were new studies that were just conducted by National Institutes of Health NIH which failed to find any evidence of brain injury in scans or blood markers of the diplomats and spies who said they suffered symptoms of Heavna syndrome.
Speaker 3: Now, this did contrast with.
Speaker 1: There was a previous, earlier study done by University of Pennsylvania that did claim to find some differences in the brain scans. What NIH says is that they were able to do a more comprehensive study, both in terms of the brain scans that they had, but also in terms of the control group more closely matched the demographic characteristics of the people who were the sufferers. So they felt more strongly about their conclusions. So, you know, the very latest studies from the NIH, for what it's worth, say we don't actually even see signs of injury in these individuals. I don't want to say like that they didn't suffer something real, because even if it is stress induced psychosomatic, that can still be experienced as a very real and potentially debilitating event. So this is not to dismiss them or say they're lying and they didn't really suffer anything whatsoever, but to put all these instances together and to allege one culprit and to craft this narrative which really, you know, beggars belief is just it's just a way too many.
Speaker 3: Bridges, too far, multiple bridges too far.
Speaker 2: You are very you're a lot more charitable than I am. Let's just say that. And yeah, I guess look you if you have suffered from havana syndrome, and you can prove it. You're welcome on the show anytime. You know, we'll talk to you for sure. All right, let's move on to the next part. This was brought about by a side at the end of our last year.
Speaker 3: He yeah, we weren't really well to cover this.
Speaker 2: We're not planning it to cover it at all. No. Usually, Richard Dawkins, who some of you may know, probably when most famous atheists in the entire world, gave a very interesting interview to the LBC, the London Broadcasting Corporation, which has caused a lot of discussion about atheism, cultural Christianity, Islamophobia.
Speaker 10: More.
Speaker 2: Let's take a listen to what mister Dawkins had to say.
Speaker 13: Church attendance is plummeting. But the building the erection of mosques across Europe, I think six thousand are under construction, and there are many more, I mean are being planned. So do you think you regard that as a problem. Do you think that matters?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 9: I do, really, I mean I might choose my words carefully. I mean, if I had to choose between Christianity and Islam, I choose Christianity every single time. I mean, it seems to me to be a fundamentally decent religion in a way that I think Islam is not.
Speaker 13: I think you're going to have to explain why you say that, Professor Dawkins. Why is Islam profundtion? Well, the way fundamentally not decent like Christianity.
Speaker 9: Yes, I mean the way women refuted. I mean Christianity is not great about that. He's had its problem as female becas and female bishops and things. But there's an active hostility to women which is promoted I think by the holy books of Islam. I'm not talking about individual Muslims, who of course are quite quite different, but the doctrines of Islam, the Hadith and and the Quran. It's fundamentally hostile to women, hostile to gaze. And I find that I like to live in a culturally Christian country, although I do not believe a single word of the Christian faith.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that last part that is what sit the Internet on fire. What was interesting is that because we live in parallel universes. On my timeline, I follow this is on Twitter. Okay, it's just very reveal my own bias. I follow a lot of right wing Christians in particular, just to keep my tabs, like what exactly is going on? And a lot of them were attacking Dawkins. They're like, oh, he tore down Christianity and he advocated for secularism, and now he's coming back and calling himself a cultural Christian. And I'll just say this, like I followed Richard Dawkins for a long time, was personal inspiration. I had my cringe atheist phase like anybody else. He was a young man on YouTube, had copies of The God Delusion and gave him out to people. Read every book that the man has literally ever written. At least they stopped ten years ago. I don't know if he's written.
Speaker 1: Anything saying science books two before God. Yeah, they were great, phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's I think it's controversial. He I think he created the word mimetic, like the word meme, which eventually became meme online. That's again controversial in terms of the attribution. Yeah, the attribution of the term. Let's return to this. The reason I was annoyed by that is because having read and listened to a lot of Dawkins, even attended one of his lectures, we could put this up there here on the screen, which I went back and found is he's been calling himself a cultural Christian here for quite a long time. And why I was annoyed in terms of the Christian reaction to Dawkins is that Dawkins has always said that he ascribes, as he points out here, a celebration of Judeo Christian type values, but not in the actual text of the Bible and of the religion of Christianity himself. Egalitarianism, equality, just the general like the general respect of English common law, which of course, you know, even atheists and secular people like me can acknowledge comes from a Christian tradition. That's what he meant by the term. So anyway, for me, watching a lot of the Christian right attack Dawkins as somehow being hypocritical, I mean, frankly, he's been saying stuff like this for twenty somethings, probably before I was even born, but at least in my adult lifetime, nothing that he said was new anyway, I'm curious.
Speaker 1: So the reaction from the left, I mean, there was a little bit of commentary on the cultural Christian thing, because it I mean, I understand why people are like your whole thing is being an atheist. But now you're like, well, no, actually this is my tribe. There is something about that. They're like all right, dude, like you're just making a full right turn now. But the part that I saw more reaction to, and which I personally reacted more to, were the comments about Islam, which again are actually not new.
Speaker 2: They're not new at all from Dawkins.
Speaker 1: Who has been smearing Islam and by extension, all followers of that faith for quite a while. And you know, I personally think it's outrageous and actually, to me, if you're a serious intellectual and you know that you're you consider yourself a cultural Christian whatever, that actually means you should interrogate your own potential bias towards this ecosystem that you grew up in and the you know, belief system that has been sort of like humanized and made normal to you. Because he clearly has a huge blind spot. The problem is not any particular faith. The problem is extremist in any faith. I think we can look throughout history and see that, I mean Christianity. It was used to justify slavery, it was used to justify Jim Crow. Right, do I think those are true and faithful readings of Christianity. No, But I mean I'm also not a religious believer at all, so I'm not really the person to determine that, right. But even if you look just right now, what's unfolding in Gods, which I think is particularly why there was, you know, a heightened sensitivity to the smearing of Islam in this context, is you have Muslims who committed a terror attack on October seventh, committed atrocities, no doubt about that.
Speaker 3: You have a response from.
Speaker 1: A Jewish state, and a lot of you know, led by Jewish extremists who claimed to be doing this in the name of you know, basically their religion, and who have used and perverted and tortured that religious doctrine to justify a genocide. And then if you go back one step further, well, why do we have the creation of these really? Straight to start with, it's because of the Holocaust, and before that, because of pagrums throughout Europe, which were by and large committed by Christians. So to think that any religious faith has a monopoly on truth and justice, or to think that any religious faith has a monopoly on violence and hatred, is just I think incredibly ahistorical and inaccurate. So, you know, a lot of what I saw in my timeline, which is again, you know, I think to give us some credit. Part of what makes the show interesting is that we, you know, have to expose each other to these different conversations that are happening in different corners of the world, and the Internet was a lot of like, actually, thank you Richard Dowkins for confirming what we suspected about your actually ideological worldview based on your previous comments, and by extension, what others who were sort of in this fervent new atheist camp were really about at the time.
Speaker 2: See this is where look, I guess it's time to piss off some of the Palestinian viewers here. I gotta say. What I think Dawkins is trying to talk about is that if we look at majority Islamic countries and particularly ones ruled by Islamic deocracy, I mean, look, I've lived under Islamic deocracy in the state of Qatar. I wouldn't recommend it. I don't think it's a good way of living. Some of that is rooted in the faith of Islam. How do I think that individual Muslims, as Dawkins was saying, are bad. No, absolutely, I don't believe that in for any individual person. I do believe that the application of said theocratic like law on people is very counter to a lot of the things that we value here in the West, So for example, egalitarianism, equality, the treatment of women. I mean personally, I'm repulsed by it. Like whenever I'm in the Middle East and I see for women shrouded in a burka walking ten paces behind their husband, I think it's disgusting. I know that they have no rights. In India, for example, where my family's from. This has been a huge tension where India has effectively an English common law system. But then you have two hundred million or some Muslims who want to or at least some want to live with their ability. This was a huge controversy about the ability to divorce their wives by saying that they divorced them as that required in Sharia law. And it comes into major tension because then they're saying that it's discrimination if you don't allow that. Whenever you're trying to have equal application and protection of the law. So I'm not saying individual Muslims are bad. I would never say that about anybody. I think that extreme interpretations, or I would more put it this way. I would never want to live under Christian theocracy. Got a taste of it growing up in college station. I definitely wouldn't want to live in Muslim theocracy. Got a taste of that as well. And I in general, you know, like and respect places places like Thailand, I think, India, to some extent, Japan and others which have non Western interpretations and or worldviews in their governance that when you combined with English common law and some Judeo Christian values and influence, you come to more of an equal application and understanding of the laws.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: That's where I will defend him a little bit.
Speaker 1: Okay, but what you're saying is different than what he said because he so secularism. As you're laying out the you know, ideal of the American model of you know, freedom of religion and we're not going.
Speaker 3: To have a theocracy.
Speaker 1: That very clearly to me is the way to go, because yeah, I mean, if we were ruled by the UH and we had an actual Christian theocracy with you know, the minority of real Christian fundamentalists in charge, how do.
Speaker 3: They feel about gay people?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: What would that life look like for them? How do they feel about women and women's rights? What would life look like for women? Here we can see with you know, we had a conversation yesterday about ultra Orthodox Jews within Israel, and you know, Israel is moving more and more to being this overt pretty extreme religious theocrime government. That's a real divide that is unfolding right now in real time in Israel. I wouldn't want to live under that either, And you're absolutely right, I don't want to live under a Muslim theocracy either. But to you know, point to this one faith and say, oh, this is the bad one and Christianity is the good one. I just like I said, I think if you take any even take your religion out of it, if you take any fervently held ideological belief system, someone is going to pervert it to do horrific things. We've seen this throughout history. But religion is a particularly potent one. And perhaps my view of this is part of why originally I like Twkins, and you know, I like the way that he laid out these arguments. Religion is so potent because the minute that you see Okay, number one, these people who share my belief these are the tribe, These are the people who really count, really matter, and God is on our side. The things that can be used to justify are horrifying. And you know, I keep bringing up the example of Israel Gaza because obviously this is you know, top of mind for me and many people around the world right now. But just think about you have these settlers in the West Bank who truly believe that the righteous and holy thing to do is to steal the land of Palestinians, potentially by force and if necessary, murder them. They believe that they are righteously doing God's will when they do. Just listen to that, Daniella Weiss, that settler activists. Sure she thinks she is righteous and absolutely moral. Again, no one faith has a monopoly on being twisted and perverted to justify things that in any other sort of moral context you could see clearly that this is wrong, period, end of story.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's my problem with you.
Speaker 2: The problem is that what he's really referring to, and this is true if we look at the data, is that most Muslims are far more observant at least and also in a Western context when we're talking about the mixing, especially in Europe, than they are let's say, secular Christians in the West. And so when you have fundamentalists as Islam brush up against Western democratic values, it leads to a lot of tension. I totally agree in terms of extremist interpretations of all of that. But it is a legitimate question as to wire should this be tolerable and acceptable? But I have a Western style democracy.
Speaker 1: Even that I want to dig into a little bit because why is it that you have such you know, fervently held beliefs, Because part of that story is us meddling in the region that went against any sort of you know, secular nationalism, had any sort of tie into the Soviet Union or communism or socialism we crushed. I mean, how many fundamentalists Islamic movements did we back inside with.
Speaker 3: Throughout the region.
Speaker 1: But of course, think about how we prop up the Saudi regime. I mean, so much of what is unfolding in the Middle East right now is a result of you know, our meddling and our policy over years and years and years. So I think to you know, remove us from the situation. That's where this gets to me, and I'm not putting this on you, but you know, I listen to comments from Sam Harris or J. Dawkins and others. It gets to this place of basically insinuating, if not outright saying.
Speaker 3: Well, these people are just barbarians. They're just uncivilized.
Speaker 1: That's part of the justification that's being used right now to justify this genocide of Palestinians that's unfolding in Gaza. Netnyahu's saying we are the children of the light and they are the Sun's children of the darkness. This is a war for civilization, et cetera. It ends up resulting in this argument that they are just inherently inferior barbaric people, and I think that is absolutely repulsible.
Speaker 2: I don't support that, but I don't think it's America's fault that Saudi Arabians cut people's head off in the street. I mean, that's their regime. That's not our I mean, if anything, actually it's their own people that want something like that. I don't want to live there, and I definitely don't want any of that that's over here. And look, it's not America's fault that Muslims in India have, for example, have become way more observant as a kind of basically as you've had Hindu nationalism on the rise. These are natural, you know, inherent tensions when they run up against each other for real. Frankly, it's just a battle of values. It's like, what do we actually want? What do we have evilack application of the law? Should we not like should we allow people to marry three people because their religion says though I think no, but they say yes. I mean, it's one of those where I don't think that's on America. And if you look, why does Saudi have the regime they have? Okay, but why does the run how the regime they have?
Speaker 1: Why does the Taliban have power in Afghanistan?
Speaker 3: We have nothing to do with that.
Speaker 2: Nothing.
Speaker 3: We have just allowed.
Speaker 1: Free and fair elections and self determination throughout the region.
Speaker 2: Come on, if they had free and fair elections, I guarantee you as the lists would still win in the entire And by the way, I don't care if they want to be Muslim and they want to rule under theocratic rule, be my guest. I'm talking about how we govern ourselves. I don't give a shit what they do over there at the end of the day. But really what it is is that what I think Dawkins is talking about, and what is a fair conversation is about here what we tolerate, what we think is acceptable. And I would stand what I think what Dawkins is trying to say. For a Judeo Christian influence, English common law egalitarianism, which is what I believe in, that is absolutely counter to Christian theocracy. Luckily that is mostly on the decline here in this country. Luckily we don't have the same Jewish level. I guess here in the US in terms of Orthodox Judaism is taking over the entire culture. But that is not necessarily the case of majority Muslim countries that are all across the world, Indonesia, for example, Malaysia, any of these places, there's high levels of diversity and others, but there are what I think are troubling ways that they do. He's right, I mean, which they treat women or in terms of how they have different views of what homosexuality or any of this. I think it's abhorn and I think it's bad WHI and I don't think we should have it here.
Speaker 1: Doesn't just come from Islam. I mean again, if you look at what Christians, like evangelical fundamentalists, Christians believe, it would not be good life for gay people to live under that sort of regime. Which is why to me, you're you're wanting to see give Dawkins the most.
Speaker 3: Charitable interpretation, and that's not fair.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: That's fine, that's fair, you know, to give him the best faith reading. But you're also reading into his comments a lot of things that he didn't say, because he didn't talk about, you know, a secularism and universalism, he didn't talk about common law or any of these things.
Speaker 3: Well, he's just saying he said.
Speaker 1: Very blatantly that you know, new mass are a problem, but new churches aren't. He said that Christianity is a fundamentally decent religion and Islam is not. I think that is total bullshit. I think it's xenophobic. I think it's islamophobic. I think that it is you know, completely at odds with the ideas. But really that the best thing is to have actual universal values, not the sort of like moral equivalents. Universal values and secularism where yes, people's religions are respected and they have a right and you know, freedom to religion, but also within the confines of respecting and acknowledging basic human rights.
Speaker 3: And you know, as I.
Speaker 1: Said before, any religion taken to an extreme place, yes, and in ugliness can end. In ugliness can be easily perverted. And you know, to give any one of these fates the past for that, I think is I just.
Speaker 3: Think is wrong.
Speaker 2: What I'm drawing from is just his look. Nobody can express themselves properly in a two and a half minute clip from LBC. I'm drawing from his books what he has put out there in longer interpretations. In general, if you are going to see atheists and others people who talk and debate some of these subjects, they're going to bring up a lot of what I am now. I mean a lot of Christians would be very upset. They would say, is that you're you owe galitarianism, you know, to Judaeo Christianity, And I would say, that's bullshit. You can look at countries like India or Japan or Korea anywhere else that don't have majority Christian populations. A Thailand actually is a country that I truly love deeply. Buddhist culture, lots of egalitarianism, no Christian influence, so I can give the counter two. I'm only bringing in what I think he is best trying to say, and I'm giving him charity because I also think that he's done a lot of good in this world. So it opened up a lot of people's eyes.
Speaker 1: I will steal from a medi Hassan's commentary on this, where he said, you know, if you just swap in Judaism for Islam in these comments, imagine the reaction if he said that Judaism is not a fundamentally decent religion.
Speaker 3: There would be a massive and.
Speaker 1: Correct reaction against those comments because they would correctly be seen, I think as anti Semitic. But Islamophobia is much more accepted, frankly, and is much more more commonplace worldview in the West, which again is part of how this genocide in Gaza has been justifying. And you see it very nakedly, that case made very nakedly in certain instances, certainly from the net Yahoo government, but also from many Americans who see things through that lens.
Speaker 2: I think it may be true, certainly that nine to eleven and the lasting impacts have colored and have changed. I guess I just don't want to get away from legitimate conversations about, you know, about rubbing up against Western democratic values and what we think is acceptable or not in our own cultures, because ultimately that's what I care about it. I don't really care what these people do in their own time and in their own lands, but I do really care whenever it brushes up here, and I do see often a very like permissive nature. Unfortunately, but I think elements of the American left when they don't really grapple with some of the actual tenets of let's say, you know, of like widespread, like deeply fundamentalist Islamic values, especially when we're talking about immigration. Which is why I guess I'm standing for Dawkins in this entire purpose is like I believe very much in being able to scrutinize, anti debate what is acceptable in US, specifically in the US and also in the West, what we want and what we don't want to encourage, and what we think should be acceptable or not, as opposed to let's say, trying to litigate how people should be treated in Afghanistan, that's Afghanistan's problem. Does that make sense in terms of what I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying would be Afghanistan's problem? If we hadn't.
Speaker 2: Okay, but we're not there now. Now they can do whatever they want, and apparently.
Speaker 1: We're like, okay, no harm, no fow, You're good to go, and we had no impact.
Speaker 3: There is.
Speaker 2: Value the power. We're in the nineties too, they were a popular government, Let's be honest, and nobody wants to admit this. It's not just America's fault. They liked it. They like in many cases, the Taliban was enforcing their own beliefs, at least in some of these regions. I mean, at a certain point, what are we supposed to do about that?
Speaker 1: Listen, Yeah, I don't want to relitigate the entire history of US involvement in the Middle East, but I think suffice it to say that, you know, we certainly played a significant role in creating some of the backlash and actively supporting some of these extremist movements that have come to power in various parts of the region.
Speaker 2: So, in any truths get elected there in Egypt.
Speaker 1: Let's acknowledge that the ideal situation that I think we and I wish Professor Dawkins there was speaking to was secularism, universal human rights, and values of the type that we see being trampled right now, certainly with Muslims in the Middle.
Speaker 2: East, you know, I'm going to reach out to them.
Speaker 7: I want to talk to them.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, good luck with that.
Speaker 1: Journalists have now been able to access Alshifa Hospital following Israel's latest assault on that complex, and the scenes of devastation and carnage are that wrenching. This was Israel's second major raid on Shifa. This time they claimed it was necessary because Hamas was reconstituting itself in the north and hiding in the already damaged hospital complex. This is frankly embarrassing for Israel if it was true, and speaks to the failure of their alleged war goals. They destroyed Gaza mascer tens of thousands of civilians, but Hamas is still able to regroup in northern Gaza. But is anything the Israeli government is claiming about Shifa even true given their history a brazen lies in general, and specifically a history of lying about this particular hospital. I'm gonna break down for you everything we know about what appears to have been a massacre on a historic scale in one of the most sensitive places you can possibly imagine a hospital meant to care for the sick has instead been transformed into a slaughterhouse. So first a little bit of background. One of the fiercest early propaganda wars in Israel's war on Gaza came in the early weeks when they launched an all out pr blitz to justify the storming of Al Shifa Hospital complex. Net Yahoo led a multi media presentation asserting that Hamasa build a doctor Evil style layer underneath of this hospital, a command and control node or even now, he claimed they were operating and where they expected to be able to locate hostages once they went in. The US government provided a major propaganda assist in this operations, being reporters aboard Air Force One. Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said quote, I can confirm for you that we have information that Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jahad used some hospitals in the Gaza Strip, including Al Shifah, and tunnels underneath them, to conceal and to support their military operations and to hold hostages. Hamas and the Palestinian Palestinian Islamic judhad pig members operate a command and control node from Al.
Speaker 3: Shifa in Gaza. City.
Speaker 1: They have stored weapons there, and they're prepared to respond to an Israeli military operation against that facility. Kirby went on to clarify this was not just based courting him on Israeli intelligence, but was also based on our own US intelligence. Within hours of this green light from their American benefactors, the IDF stormed the complex. When they did, there was no firefight with embedded Hamas fighters, as we were led to believe. There were no hostages held under the complexes, was also claimed, and the Israelis never came cold loose to proving their wild claims about a Hamas command and control node, as illustrated by their fanciful computer animations. What's more, we've now learned from Democratic Senator Chris Van Holland that Kirby and Biden they were lying about what our own intel actually showed. In recent comments the Washington Post, the Senator, who is a key Biden ally, by the way, delicately said there was a quote disconnect between the administration's public statements and the classified findings, noting important and subtle differences.
Speaker 3: Oh, you don't say.
Speaker 1: At least forty patients died in that raid, including the most helpless and innocent people imaginable for premature babies, died in that raid. Was no accident that Shifa was chosen for this propaganda blitz and raid, as it was vital to Israel for a number of reasons. First because it's the largest hospital in the entire Gaza strip. If Shifa could be violated, then any other medical complex would be fair game. And second because Shifa was a center of civilian life in Gaza City, a city that was being systematically sacked by the IDF. Attack Shifa and no part of civilian life is untouchable. Attack Shifa and there will be nothing left for Palestinians to return to in northern Gaza. Sure enough, after Shifa, other hospital raids, attacks on ambulances, medical clinics, and the like, they were barely remarked upon in the media. Once Israel got away with this raid on the most important medical complex in all of Gaza, they then operated with impunity with regards to the rest. According to Euromed Monitor, Israel is now attacked two hundred and fifty six health care facilities, including twenty eight hospitals. They've killed hundreds of doctors, injured hundreds more. I'll remind you that hospitals are supposed to be completely off limits in war, except in very rare circumstances. That, of course, has served as no barrier for Israel, or for the Biden administration for that matter. So that's the background here. Let's turn now to what we know about this latest two week raid on Shifa.
Speaker 3: Complex.
Speaker 1: Reports that trickled down during the onslaught were harrowing journalists who were seeking to cover the operation. They were arrested, they were stripped naked, they were blindfolded, interrogated and assaulted. I'll leave it up to you to divine the reason why journalists seeking to cover idea of actions at Chifa were targeted. In particular, doctors and other medical professionals received very similar treatment. In fact, the Gods of Health Ministry reports that five doctors were ultimately killed by Israel over the course of this rate. Journalists were able to confirm multiple instances of Palestinians attempting to flee the area, waving white flags and still fired on by Israeli tanks Israeli guns. But during the raid, as we all feared the worst, we had little insight into what was actually unfolding on the hospital grounds. Once Israeli forces withdrew, the government issued celebratory declarations claiming that Israel had killed the bad guys and save the innocence. Here's how former Israeli Prime Minister of Tully Bennett described the operation, quote amazing battlefield achievement. The IDF is just completed a two week operation on a Hamas command center that Hamas embedded within the Shifa Medical Center. Hamas use staff and patients as human shields in order to cause maximum civilian casualties as to create more criticism and pressure on Israel. The results are remarkable. Six thousand civilians were evacuated by the IDF to keep them safe. Two hundred Hamas terrorists were killed. Five hundred Hamas terrorists have been captured. No civilian was killed, not one, he says. It goes on to finish, I'm proud to be Israeli and proud of the IDF. A beacon of light, an amazing battlefield achievement. No civilians killed, beacon of light. Oh really, Let's see the results of these IDF beacons of light, shall we. Here is what Al Shifa, the largest hospital in all of Gaza, looks like now as you can see it is utterly destroyed. It no longer exists as a medical facility. Now I know, Gaza can feel foreign, it can feel far away. Imagine this was the hospital in your town, maybe where you were born, or maybe where your children were born. Imagine it was the Mayo Clinic, the Cleveland Clinic, Johns Hopkins. It's actually so much more central than those famous hospitals because it comprise a full thirty percent of all of the healthcare delivery in Gaza. Now it is burned out, gutted, reduced to rubble. Before and after satellite images show you the absolute scale and totality of the destruction, both of Alshifa and of everything around it. On the left, you can see Alshifa from two years ago, looks like the overhead in American city streets with bustling traffic. Large medical complex are outed by smaller, likely residential apartment looking buildings. On the right, you see Shifa now gone, or the highways, courtyards, parking lots, and sidewalks replaced with dirt that was turned up everywhere after armored bulldozers plowed up the ground. What few trees remain appear charred or dead. Many of the surrounding buildings are just gone. They're flattened. Reportedly, more than a thousand houses in the area were demolished, and Shifa itself is damaged, unrecognizable, not salvagable. Al Jazeera's Ismael al Ghoul attempted to capture the feeling on the ground. He said, quote, there is no life here. The complex is in ruins and cannot be revived. That alone should shock us. But the destruction of this physical place, formerly a place of healing and center of life, is nothing compared to what we're learning now about the human carnage. According a human rights organization EUROMED monitor, the Israeli Army carried out a massive, shockingly horrific military operation in Al Chifa Medical Complex in Gaza City over the course of the past two weeks. According to them, indiscriminately targeting and attacking Palestinians regardless of their civilian status, professional standing, gender, age, or health condition.
Speaker 3: They continue quote.
Speaker 1: Though the exact number of casualties from the atrocity is still unknown, preliminary reports suggests that over fifteen hundred Palestinians have been killed, injured, or are reted missing as a result of the massacre at Alshifa, with women and children making up half of the casualties that go on to say, euromed Monitor is able to confirm from its initial investigation and testimonies that hundreds of dead bodies, including some burden others with their heads and limbs severed, have been discovered both inside Al Chifa Medical complex and in the hospitals surrounding area end quote. This is an almost unimaginable toll. Additionally, according to the World Health Organization, twenty one patients died during this latest siege of Al Shifa. Gruesome videos from the scene, which I've chosen not to show you, are consistent with this horrific assessment. The videos show burned, zip tied, decomposing, crushed bodies strewn about the hospital courtyard. Some of the bodies are clearly those of children, though they are destroyed beyond any recognition. Journalists on the ground report stray dogs showing on the remains in an overpowering scent of death. Some eyewitnesses and journalists have suggested that some of the visible human remains may also be from previous temper graves that were duga and desecrated as part of this operation. A CNN journalist on the ground described the scene as a quote horror movie. Bulldozers, they say, crushed bodies and people everywhere around and in the yard of the hospital. The surrounding area was not spared either. According to this journalist quote, we found entire families dead and their bodies are decomposed in houses around the hospital. Entire families killed by Israel. According to CNN, a doctor affiliated with Doctors Bound Borders who had previously volunteered in Gaza, had this to say of the toll on civilians and on medical personnel in particular.
Speaker 11: Doctor, I look that the picture plane is one of devastation. You'll know that the Israeli militaries say that they have killed and detained hundreds of militants within the Alshifa complex. Do you know if Hamas were there and were fighting with the Israelers.
Speaker 14: I am just shocked that we're still having this conversation. They executed tens of people point blank, including one of our colleagues, doctor Ahmad Lerati, who's a very experienced plastic surgeon. Him and his mother, who's also a physician. They executed people point blank, and including many of our colleagues who've been detained. Now we haven't heard back from them.
Speaker 2: Previous students of.
Speaker 14: Mine detained, young doctors detained. We don't know if they're dead or alive. They have been gone for over one hundred days.
Speaker 3: So to say that this is a.
Speaker 14: Strategic targeting of Hamas is an insult to our intellect and our humanity. This is this is a destruction of people who heal. This is a direct targeting of healthcare workers. I just want to paint a very brief picture of what healthcare workers are telling me there.
Speaker 3: They're saying that when they leave the.
Speaker 14: Hospital, civilians, give them civilian clothing because wearing scrubs is sticking a target sticker.
Speaker 3: On their back.
Speaker 14: That is how systematically healthcare has being targeted. And frankly, you know in the last twenty four hours, what we've seen from at Schiffel Hospital, what we've seen from at Axa Hospital, and what I worry is coming to the remaining hospitals of the Gaza strip because it has been the pattern and we will not ignore it is a direct and systematic targeting of healthcare that is unjustifiable.
Speaker 1: So Shifa is destroyed, hundreds are reportedly dead, and what few patients remain at the destroyed complex are in desperate circumstances, suffering malnutrition and dehydration, with some reports indicating that six people are sharing a single.
Speaker 3: Bottle of water per day. It will take.
Speaker 1: Weeks to know the scale and specifics of the slaughter. If we ever do, we already know more than enough to say that this intentional destruction of the Gaza health system is a war crime, That if American politicians saw Russia conducting themselves in the exact same manner, they would say it was a war crime. That thestruction of the health system is consistent with the commission of a genocide, That innocence, including doctors, women and children were slaughtered. And we know that the bidaministration's decision to back the initial propaganda campaign and to lie about our own intelligence in order to support the raid itself has paved the way to this fresh wore for Joe Biden regards to Israel, there are no red lines, only green lights.
Speaker 2: And if you want to hear my reaction to Crystal's monologue, become a premium subscriber today at breakingpoints dot com.
Speaker 1: So have you been following Israel's assault on Gaza. You may have seen some viral clips of some activists on Capitol Hill demanding answers from members of Congress.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at what I'm talking about.
Speaker 7: Support Israel forever, stay your ally even though they commit.
Speaker 4: Explain.
Speaker 8: Let me tell you a statistic Israel will exist, the Jewish state will exist.
Speaker 3: That's not a statistation, and that is for.
Speaker 12: To do what.
Speaker 2: I will always murder Israel children.
Speaker 10: And you can tell the Palestinians and I will.
Speaker 7: Tell you never support you.
Speaker 2: I will tell you to your.
Speaker 7: Good we will support Israel forever. You know you are comfortable. This guy just said, goode Israel.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on? Get out of my way? Are you afraid?
Speaker 3: Why are your mom.
Speaker 2: You we're trying.
Speaker 7: To kill You're killing Palestinians.
Speaker 15: A lot of fun.
Speaker 1: So the gentleman that you saw there in those clips demanding some answers, having some fierce interactions, there is Motaz Salem. He is a pulsing American activist and he is our guest today. Great to have you, Motas welcome.
Speaker 7: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, talk to us about just what have you been up to, what has led you to, you know, sort of hang out in the halls of Capitol Hill and confront whoever comes across your radar.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 15: So I'm Palestinian American myself. I'm from Graza. I have a lot of family in Grazza. And so since October seventh, you know, I on the show, you cover a lot how Israel's response has been. It's been unconsidable, unprecedented, and you know, there's genocide, weaponized starvation, and I personally have lost over one hundred family members in my extended family, some of my favorite cousins in the world, such as you know Iman for example, She's my cousin who her her husband, and her four kids in one air strike.
Speaker 7: They were martyred. And so that's just one example of it.
Speaker 15: And I think just dealing with all of that while all so being in DC and being like in grad school or just in in the spaces here and seeing just.
Speaker 7: I felt at first powerless.
Speaker 15: But then after seeing Code Pink and seeing media Benjamin as well, going every day to confront these people head on, I was really interested in doing it, and so I joined them one day and it's literally like you can join us ten am every day at Rayburn Cafeteria.
Speaker 7: And I at first was very shocked.
Speaker 15: To you that that's a possibility, even like I remember going the first day we met actually in the in the Rustle building and I'm I'm Arab, So going into any government building with like security and stuff is super nerve wracking, not.
Speaker 3: A comfortable experience, right, No.
Speaker 7: No it's not. It's not where I'd like to be.
Speaker 15: But you just walk in, which was very shocking to me that you literally just like walk in and you're just there. And we from that day, like we visited a whole bunch of offices, and yeah, I just I wanted to do.
Speaker 7: Something about it.
Speaker 15: I have the privilege of being in DC here, you know, just fifteen twenty minutes away from Congress at all times, and so I said, you know enough just like looking at the screen, listening to podcasts and just being so upset about it, like, let's actually try to do something with what we have.
Speaker 1: Motell's I'm profoundly sorry for your loss, which is incalculable.
Speaker 3: Do you find that.
Speaker 1: I know, you know a lot of other Pelstonian Americans here in DC and probably around the country, is your loss commesarate? Are they suffering similar losses of family members who've been killed by the IDF in Gaza.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I would say my story is very very common actually, because most people you talk to will tell you that they've lost numerous humor family members and the the the way that Israel has conducted this genocide. Like anyone you ask in Palestine, even if they're from the West Bank, like they'll know someone who's from Razza who has lost someone.
Speaker 7: Everyone's lost someone and Guzza everyone.
Speaker 15: I mean, if if for me personally, like when I first got a list of like my dad literally sent me a list of every name of my cousins who died or aunts, uncles, and it's you know, you don't even know how to process it because it's just like names on a page, and there's so many of them, and you know some of them as close to some of them.
Speaker 7: I didn't really know that well. But I would say it's very common.
Speaker 15: Actually, this has pretty much been a universal experience, especially if you're from Guzza.
Speaker 1: Have you been able to track all of the loved ones that you have lost or are there some family members that you aren't sure of their status at this point?
Speaker 15: For I mean, whenever I tell people that, will I always say so far, like I've lost over one hundreds so far, because you know, there's still people under the rubble that we don't know, We don't necessarily have a record of their death. And I actually found out last week about forty more members that had been murdered by the Israeli state because we at first were not able to track down the names and the documents. And it's actually like a very rigorous process too that the Health Ministry and as goes through in order to sort of verify the individual verify their files. But a lot of the files are missing too because they've targeted all these sort of government institutions. Entire families wiped off the registry like they're like legal documentation of their existence. So this is what I know so far, but it's very difficult to track the deaths.
Speaker 1: Over the course of the time period when you've been going to Capitol Hill office buildings and trying to get answers from members of Congress, have you noticed any sort of tone shift, because you have seen, especially among the Democratic Party, you've seen this rhetorical shift that seems to have been the direct result of activist pressure from people such as yourself. So have you noticed any of that in your interactions.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would definitely say so.
Speaker 15: I mean one example I can point two would be Senator Van Holland I remember, I mean his rhetoric has always like it's sort of shifted very significantly, and I think he's one of the senators at the forefront of I wouldn't say he's like staunchly pro Palestine, but he you know, recognizes just how devastating this genocide has been. And we met with his staffers, and I've gotten really good at sort of gauging people's reactions and like because I look them straight in the eye and I tell them my story and about my family, and we do get some very robotic answers, which yeah, I'm thinking exactly, we'll relate it to the congressman or the senator. We'll you know, we'll get here's my email, get in touch with us, and we can have a longer conversation than then we email them, and like we never get a response, obviously, but there have been like with with Van Hollins Uh. I think it was his chief of staff and maybe Legislative director. They I could tell after the meeting they were shaken up because you know, there was the whole group of us, and we really like we sort of just stopped any sort of like political talk and we're just like, you guys need to understand, like, this is what's happening. This is like a human issue more than just a policy issue. And I think they actually hurt us and since then and so part of what we in that meeting was we were disappointed because he gave that whole speech before voting to send the bill to the House from the Senate.
Speaker 7: So he like gave this whole big speech which.
Speaker 15: Went viral and I was like, oh, great, we have a senator actually speaking up for us. Then he still voted for it, and so we went and we told him, like, we love this speech. He actually went viral for this speech, and like he has this opportunity to sort of be this almost hero in terms of his context for the Palestinian cause. But then he goes and votes, and it's like, why doesn't the policy sort of match the rhetoric. And we really pressured them on that, and I think that's caused him to go even more in that direction towards speaking up for Palestinians.
Speaker 1: I know there are a lot of people out there who feel, you know, they feel disgusted, They feel heartbroken, and they feel that sense of impotence and powerlessness because even as you know, we had this large uncommitted vote and protests every day and Green Jean Pierre and Joe Bid they can't go anywhere without having to face protests in the eye. What would your message be to those people who are feeling disheartened about the possibility of having any sort of voice in our quote unquote democracy.
Speaker 15: I would tell them that I was there where they are right now. I thought I couldn't do anything about it. I felt very hopeless, especially hearing about my own family as well as others families. And I will say, if you have the chance to go to an action, whether it's to join us, whether it's somewhere something local to you, where you know there's some pro Israel congressman, I don't know why I'm thinking Richie Torres right now, White, I'm not going to get into that, but I would say go and just it's it's very uncomfortable. It is very uncomfortable, and you you do need to sort of like let go of that discomfort and just go for it. And I would say, don't underestimate the effect of that because we've heard from staffers as well in the offices, like sometimes they'll like chase after us after we've left and say like thank you so much for doing that, Please keep doing it, Like they get so embarrassed, especially when we bird dog them, they get so embarrassed.
Speaker 7: Like I think, like Brad Sherman.
Speaker 15: Was really pissed off about like you know that that that that whole thing, and it went pretty viral too, and so I think, don't underestimate the effect that it has. It's not you know, immediate, of course you do it, and then oh they vote first, he's fired. Then day it's a lot of pressure, a lot of like not letting them go about their normal life and holding them accountable.
Speaker 1: We were both at an event the other night at bus Voice and Poets where we reconnected, and Professor Finkelstein was there, and I thought he had a good answer to this question as well, which is, listen, if we all do nothing, we know one hundred percent nothing.
Speaker 7: Changes exactly, at least exactly.
Speaker 3: We have a chance. So motes, thank you so much for joining us today. More importantly, for the work that you're doing.
Speaker 1: Is there somewhere where you would want people to follow you online, follow what you're up to.
Speaker 15: Sure, Yeah, mainly my Instagram it's at taz s d C t a z s DC. I do a lot of work with Coke Pink. We do a lot of like bird dogging and visiting offices. We just did a die in yesterday at W. Wasserman Schultz's office. Also not going to get into that, but I also like I give a lot of speech and try to like just share content to really humanize, uh, the people on the ground in Palestine, because I feel like that's something that's really missing. People see a lot of numbers and like stats and like data about just how awful it is and unprecedented, But even in looking at all of that, it numbs.
Speaker 7: You out a little bit.
Speaker 15: And so I'm trying to give sort of use my platform to give a voice of like these were real people, real human beings with real lives.
Speaker 7: This was some mundane day to day live the dreams that they had for them.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Like my cousin eman like graduated somewhat recently with a with like an MBA, and like she had these lovely kids and and it's all done. They took it all away. They took it all away. And it's it's unconsctable.
Speaker 3: Motez, thank you so much for being with us in Crystal.
Speaker 7: We're have very.
Speaker 1: Grateful Thank you guys for watching and we will see you on Thursday.
Speaker 12: The end, PA