Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops. Yes. So, as you know, my podcast Reality with the King is on tour and my next stop is live in New York City with the one the Only Queen of New Jersey, Teresa Judais. Yes, on Tuesday, June eighteenth at the City Winery, Teresa Judais and I will have a live conversation in front of a live audience. Make sure you get your tickets now. Log onto my website Kingdom raint dot com. That's Kingdom r E I G N e n T dot com. Or if you're on social media and follow me, click on the link of my bio to purchase your tickets. Once again, the website is Kingdom rainnt dot com. Hit the tab that says tour and me and to Lisa Judais cannot wait to see you on Tuesday, June eighteenth in New York City. Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. Twice a week on Reality with the King, we'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about, and rain drops on today's episode of Reality with King honay Que the Sirens si Era. Yes, because no, we are not in traffic in New York City, so don't worry, rain drops. We are talking about the Real Housewives of New Jersey reunion being canceled and what that means for this franchise. But first, I cannot do this alone. I'm here with fan fave also somebody who is like worse than me when it comes to like knowing Jersey. He's like a Jersey magnet when it comes to the history of not only this show, but all the Housewives and the Bravo shows and me anymore. Give it up for Gibs.
Speaker 2: And John's Carlos.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me. I'm excited to be back always talking about Jersey with you.
Speaker 1: I know no listen the last tie you were on, Honey, the audience went wild because the beauty of me talking to you, and I love talking to any guest of mine where we don't agree on the same thing, but that to me makes a very expressing conversation.
Speaker 3: I totally agree, and it's like I wish that we could disagree more in this like online Housewives universe without it getting ugly, you know. So you know, we can be cordial and disagree and let's let's.
Speaker 2: Let's keep it that way.
Speaker 3: And I also, I also I think it's good to help each other see the light on certain things, you know what I mean. I'm not closed off. I'm not closed off to thinking differently.
Speaker 2: I'm really not. So there's that.
Speaker 1: No, honey, you are very fair. We follow e Chuck on Twitter. I love your reviews, I love your recaps, and I love your point of views. And listen, thank you. This is sort of like what Joy Behar and Megan McKay will be like if they had no cap.
Speaker 2: I'm not Megan. I'm not calling I'm not Megan.
Speaker 1: I'm not Megan. I'm that's my girl. I'm Meggant. You're Joy Bayhar. Okay, so down, So we're gonna have a great conversation. Who knows, maybe in the end, Gibson, you and I will agree, Okay maybe maybe? Yes, yes, yes, okay. So breaking news, Gibson, The Real Housewives of New Jersey will not have a traditional reunion for season fourteen. Our friend Dave Quinn over at People Magazine have the exclusive where he is reporting that based on his source, they said, and I quote, a reunion is meant to have resolution, and it's clear in the season finale that there is no path forward in that type of setting. So the network is figuring out a different concept to wrap up the season. Now, the last time a Real Housewives franchise this big because in the installment chronological order, it started off with the OC, then it was New York, then Atlanta, then Jersey. So the first time this happened was the Real Housewives of New York City reunion where Honey the Girls bought gowns, had dresses made, and then that reunion was not only canceled, the Honey the Girls were canceled and they were not allowed to come back into another season. So, Gibson, we were all aware of where we were when O J was in the White Bronco, So I need to know where you were when you learn that there were up the Jersey reunion was canceled.
Speaker 3: Carlos, I just told you. I was at a Bacherette party this weekend. I was several high Newons deep into my day drinking journey when this news broke and I stopped in my tracks, excused myself from the group, read the article, tweeted about it and did and then you know, wipe my hands of it and went along with my weekend. But yeah, it shook me. It shook me to my core. It's like it's one of those things where like it really doesn't happen very often, Like you just said, it's happened.
Speaker 2: It only happened one time before.
Speaker 1: It only happened one time, Yes, and only one time with the New York City.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, And it's so it's it's a it's a huge deal. It's a huge deal, and so you know, it shakes you. But then if you really think about it, I guess maybe it's a smart move.
Speaker 2: I guess. I mean, it's like.
Speaker 3: It, but it's it's it's difficult to imagine that the network is happy that this news came out so early in the season because it makes it makes it affects how we view the rest of the season, right, It affects like it kind of lowers the stakes, it makes it sort of takes some of the auction out of the room. I think when it comes to the building drama on Jersey this season and like I'm still gonna like enjoy watching it, I think, but like when you know you're not building up to a big confrontation at the reunion, So it's it's a valid question to ask, like what's the point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of the fans responses to this breaking news gifts and what's just that? Like, what's the point? What's the point in me watching this? Because again, we watch these docuseries to really see like how are things going to end and what sort of questions we are going to submit to brablotv dot com. Andy can ask the but have a Meredith and Idaho, right, So Meredith and Idaho fortunately will not get her questions asked after reunion because of the of the cancelation. Now, one of my sources did tell me, Gibson, because you brought up a very good point. You said the network could not be happy that this got out so early in the season. I was told by a reliable source that they were allegedly supposed to take the reunion this month.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's doesn't that feel early too?
Speaker 1: Well? This is the gag of the gagag Gass Gibson. What I don't know is how many episodes Jersey has Now. What we do know is this, because I'm sure you heard this too, Gibson, the girls were supposed to go on a cast trip and the house burned down before they arrived.
Speaker 2: That did happen?
Speaker 1: That happened, right, So rain drops. When you are doing a cast that typically can guarantee you anywhere between three and four episodes, right without a cast trip. The minimum episodes that a reality show usually gets of this magnitude, it's like fourteen episodes in a two or three part reunion. Without those additional three or four episodes, Gibson, this season could be very small, like eleven twelve episodes. So you're right. We just watched what episode five? Last?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 1: Episode five?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 1: So, yeah, last night. The other thing, too, is normally you tape a reunion maybe five to six episodes before for the finale, right before the finale, so we could be looking at anywhere between a ten to twelve episode order, which is very, very very small. Hence why the casts were allegedly supposed to tape the reunion this month. The news broke out, this is not looking good for the cast. I have been hearing that the cast is scared, shaking in their boots. They are afraid of their jobs being on the line. Now, As somebody who's been watching this season, what are your thoughts on this season thus far, because a lot of people are having a very not some nice reaction to the season so far.
Speaker 3: It's funny because I, I guess and the minority, Like, I feel like I've been like kind of enjoying this season, and to me, it hasn't been like super divisive or explosive yet, like it's clearly building up to that. But like, I don't mind Melissa and Teresa kind of just coexisting. I don't like, I kind of like their kind of parallel path of like both sending off their daughters to college, and it's I've actually liked those scenes a lot, those personal scenes, and like, to me, that to me, actually, you know, I'm really really intrigued by the Jackie of it all, and like how she's jumping jumping sides. I think that that is incredibly compelling TV, especially knowing how kind of entrench the divide in this group has been for like five or six years at.
Speaker 2: This point, you know.
Speaker 3: And and so I'm actually I know it's in the minority, but I'm finding it to be fairly pleasant comparatively, you know what I mean, Like, do you not feel that way or are.
Speaker 2: You enjoying it too?
Speaker 1: So, no, good question. I really enjoyed the first episode. Yeah, for the same It was a good premiere. Yeah, I thought it was a great premiere. I love seeing you know, Toree some Alyssa being mom sending their daughters off to college. It also made me choke a little bit too, because you know, as family, you want to share that moment together. And and look, I think the saddest part to me, Gibson, is the fact that the cousins aren't even able to share those absolutely together, because that's that's that's when you really bond over the fact that we're both about to be freshman in college. Like, oh my gosh, girl call me if this happens, I'm gonna call you.
Speaker 2: Let's visit each other exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I really enjoyed the premiere. And then to your point, look, this season is definitely starting off slow, and I think the reason why it is is because, look, they just don't like each other. They don't like each other. And I agree with you, actually, Gibson, last night's episode, I really was intrigued by Jackie and Melissa at the dinner table. We'll get to that in a second, but a lot of fans have said this season is boring. A lot of fans have just said they're not interested in it. They're even talking about The ratings have hit an all new series low for the fourteen season franchise. What has also been reported is the fact that in the finale episode allegedly brought this decision to its core of canceling the reunion. Allegedly, in the finale, it is being reported that this big fight happens between Jennifer Aiden and Danielle, and that allegedly a glass picture, like you know how you put you just make kool aid. I'm older than you give sense I remember the commercials Okay, so remember that little glass picture where you're red kool aid. Because rid is a flavor. It ain't Freu punch, It's rid. So allegedly, daniel through a glass picture at Jennifer Aiden and all hell broke blues, and it was very bad. And that's when it was allegedly decided that these women just cannot be in the same room. Do you think it was a smart decision to cancel it, or do you think these ladies would have had the opportunity to address it and maybe move on from something so severe.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I have faith they would have moved on. I don't from that perspective. And like in terms of just like the potential for resolution, I kind of think that they're correct and that there's probably no chance for a real resolution here. I don't really buy that they that they made that decision back then, especially if you're saying, you know, they're apparently supposed to they are supposed to quote unquote film it this month, Like that means that to me, it was a more recent decision. And that's why I personally think that the whole thing with Jennifer Aiden and maybe Teresa and like the fan accounts, like all of that stuff that's been bubbling up. I think that that is like a really bad look for kind of everybody, like not even singly, just like kind of everybody involved. It's like not the best look, and that it breaks the fourth wall and like a really kind of like I don't know what the word is, but it bakes the forth wall in a way that like we don't like that, or the network does not like you know what I mean, And I think that I and that's been a more recent development. I think that that actually had something to do with the runion getting canceled, because that's the way they don't want to give any air to you know what I mean, And that's the way they they would have to talk about I think that actually my hunch is at that had a factor in the decision that they made.
Speaker 2: So no, I don't think that there would have been a chance for a resolution.
Speaker 3: And but what I'm curious about, Carlos, and I'm wondering what you're thinking about this that the People article and then also the Page six article both sort of insinuated that, like there's a potential for like another way to wrap up the season. You know, it's not it's like they canceled the reunion, but like what is this quote like other way that they would like resolve the season. My only idea, and like I'm I would love to know if you have another idea, is like that they would just do what they do a bravocon, which is just like.
Speaker 2: Having two separate groups convene.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that would accomplish because we're not because there's no conflict resolution there, but they could still at least discuss what happened.
Speaker 2: I don't know, what do you think.
Speaker 1: I'm not mad at that. Actually, did you moderate a Jersey panel? Gibson?
Speaker 3: I moderated on a Jersey panel at the first at the first Bravocon with So it wasn't the it wasn't the Jersey panel, but it was Teresa and Dolores on stage ten thirty am on the Sunday of Bravo Con cooking Sunday Sauce. We literally cooking spaghetti and sauce while I interviewed them. So that was five years ago.
Speaker 1: I love that, though, Okay, well, maybe we could have you back doing that. Actually, because I love that, that would be great. I'm not mad at that. You're right page six, and people are reporting that the network is in talks of doing something special to wrap up the season. One thing I will say, Bravo is by far one of the best in the business, and the reason why we all love Bravo is because the producer and the network they're genius at giving us something different that we never knew we needed until it fell into our laps. So I am curious what that can look like, I agree with you. Is there a sort of separate you know, panel discussion, and by panel, I don't mean like, you know, the a freaking like election debate, you know, George Stephanopolis. Okay, can you imagine? I don't think George Stephanopolis honey with Robert Roberts, Okay, like debating the Real Housewives. I'm gonna say, although seeing Teresa Melissa have a great debate would be everything in my world, So that okay, But I agree with you. Maybe there is like this separate but equal conversation that Andy has with both camps if you really want something iconic. Because I really enjoyed how Vanda Pump Rules part through reunion finalized. When Andy showed the cast for the first time the actual finale scene to get their natural reaction, I thought that was super genius. I'm gonna throw a bone out there and like, do what hell, Mary, you need to give Melissa and Teresa to just have a final face off. And I think, in my opinion, I think, listen, I know Teresa personally, and one thing about Teresa, she is a trooper and Teresa is professional. I'm not saying Melissa is not. I'm sure she is too. I think if it was a situation, Gibson where Melissa and Teresa with Andy in the middle, this is it, this is it? What can you guys say to each other because you guys did not speak at all? Because my thing is this, conversations Gibson are very different when you don't have the backings of your co stars and your husbands, and your husbands who can be a just diction and who can help you deflect. I think Andy Cohen is the only person that can moderate a discussion between Teresa and Melissa that would be satisfying to the audience in terms of like, this is the end. It's the end. It's what we wanted to see Arianna and Tom sand evolve. Do like have a conversation? Finally we got some of that at the reunion and now that shows on pauls rightfully. So, do you think that in order for us to move on from this season, whatever this idea is, do you agree that you must give them a listen Teresa to have a final face off.
Speaker 3: I mean, I hadn't even thought about that, to be honest, I think I do agree they would have to be literally like one on one on one that nobody else could be there, because again there's two many I think it'd be really interesting and really, I mean, I think it would be a ratings juggernaut if it was literally just those three in a room and that it's just them, it's it's it's it's.
Speaker 2: Not and it's not even a battle.
Speaker 3: I think would actually if they could present it almost it's just sort of like literally a discussion, and you know, I think you said, like you know, this is it, you would have to I also think make the stakes the same for both of them, which means I guess that means like the implication is that like the show is.
Speaker 2: Moved, like they're moving on from the show after this.
Speaker 3: I don't know, because I feel like part of I mean, if you think about last reunion was when Teresa was like, I'll never see you again, like you're gonna basically you'll be off the show.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: She said that she had that comment to Melissa, and like that didn't happen, And so you can't have that sort of power and balance either. I think for for something like you just mentioned, to work, you know, I think it really has to feel equal. Is that is that possible to create an environment like that. I don't know, but I mean I would. I would watch the hell out of that.
Speaker 1: That would be I think that's what it is. I think I think it has to be that. I think you also need listen. Bravo, if you're listening, take it. I'm fine with it. All good and you probably already thinking this because you guys are so smart. I want to see Melissa Teresa with Andy. That's it. That's it. Final face Off Part three.
Speaker 2: Nothing else, anybody else?
Speaker 1: Part two Cliff Hanks for three. I also want to see this.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I want to see Andy and Jennifer eight in one on one. Really I want him. There is this very loud implication that he.
Speaker 2: Doesn't like Yeah, I've seen whispers of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, well, honey, it's not even whispers because Jennifer has even intimated the same thing, right Like Jennifer has, I believe, commented on a pok. Have you seen this?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Made me think?
Speaker 3: So? I will say, it's hard to keep up with everything, Jersey. There's a lot of noise around it, but I have seen something about this, yes, And.
Speaker 1: I think in order to have an epic finale to this show, let's just lay everything out on the fucking table. I want to see Jennifer aiden Andy just be like, let's talk about it. I don't think you like me, And he's like, why don't you think I like you? And she can say whatever, But then he can also say, let's talk about you allegedly giving fan accounts screeners. Because one thing that I know about Andy, he is such a producer's producer that he, like me, dislikes when you compromise production. Sure, you like it's one thing that throws shade at the girls, the cass whatever, we get it. But when you implicate the integrity of the show. And again I'm not saying Jennifer did. This is all alleged. This is all alleged, but I think it's such it's such a dark cloud over this season exactly that to not ever talk about it. I think it's bad. But I think the only way to get around it is if Jennifer talks to Andy one on one the way Andy did to the artist formerly known as Raquel.
Speaker 2: Rachel, the artist artist formally known as FK.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, Yes, I enjoyed the one on one chat with Raquel because because for me, I think she's so I'm sensitive and Timid that he knew rightfully so that her amongst a large group getting all that venom would not be mentally healthy for her. So I really enjoy his one on one with her, and I think Jennifer aiden and himstrap the one on one. I don't see a world where Jennifer comes back.
Speaker 2: I think she dug her Ungrave a little bit.
Speaker 1: What do you think about all of that? Do you do you think that it's the end of the road for Jennifer.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think Jennifer has been great for the show for that for as long as she's been on it. I mean, she she's she's kind of just like fearless in terms of bringing things up and really like putting it all out there, I mean, and really kind of like doing whatever it takes to make a good show. But I think that that is also kind of her achilles heel. I think it's I lump her in with like a brandy or somebody who kind of will do anything for the show, and that's a great thing until it's not, you know what I mean. And I think that it sounds like again allegedly we over she overstepped the line, you know, and and whatever that line really is. I don't know if we'll ever fully know what what that was, and maybe and less until she's off the show and she talks about it. But I just think that like Jennifer, she's she has this reckless part of her DNA, you know again, which makes for a really great and entertaining housewife, but that was always going to bite her in the butt in the end. I think I think that she got carried away. That's that's That's what I'm picking up from, just like the vibes basically, And she hasn't really done press for the show this season yet, like it's you can kind of it's hard not to see the writing on the wall with her, I think.
Speaker 1: And just so I'm making sure you're clear too, because I agree with you, but I want to make sure the audience knows. I think you and I agree on the same thing. Says this alleged being the happ with the fanoccount. I think. I think if you even you put the fan of count aside. I think when it came to Jennifer Aiden to your point, I was the first one to be like great housewife, great casting. I remember calling the casting company who I'm friends with and was like, oh yeah, I said, who the fuck found Jennifer Aiden, like, as somebody who worked on Jersey for two seasons. Jersey is a hard show to cast, right, And I remember calling the casting company giving them props, like, kudos to you. I think what happened with Jennifer? Who? I love who? I think she's a fantastic housewife and she she she's great. I think to your point, she sort of allowed the opinions and the loudness of the audience to feed into her behavior outside of the show, and it's sort of infiltrated on the show, and it's just not something that you can continuously do with staying power. And I think you bringing up Brandy Glanville is such a good example because Brandy's fate was the day she slapped Lisa Vanda Pump when they were in amste on the boat and it was sort of like, you're your great Brandy Glanvale set the ship on fire on Bibley Hill's house.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, there's no denying.
Speaker 1: No denying. And what what I need for my audience to know this. When you are reality star, you're instantly famous, you're instantly on the same level, and this is no shade as some of these actresses in Hollywood in terms of like just the level of fame. Garcel Bouvet has said publicly that she's been famous her whole life, but it wasn't until she got to her housewife that she was like, oh shit, I'm like really, I'm like room and I'm paraphrasing, it's a lot. And I think Brandy Glamville got caught up and like, this is my character, this is my role. When she slapped band of Pumpbob was like and through the drink at Eileen Gibson the same season, So I think Jennifer Aiden got caught up in all of this. Child. We are just getting started. Summertime is my favorite season of the year. I love to go to the beach. I love to take long walks at night with the cool breeze. Summer is my jam and one of the best things to do in the summertime when you're running wild and free, is to make sure you stay hydrated. A single stick of liquid IV makes ordinary hydration extraordinary, honey. You know why because it has three times the electrolytes of the leading sports drink, plus e vitamins and nutrients for everyday wellness. One of the best things I love about Liquid IV. The packet is so simple, So all you do child, you open up the packet, pour into my cup, stir it up with a glass of water. It's really good. It has eight vitamins and nutrients. Plus it has four delicious sugar free flavors from white, peach, green grape, raspberry, melon, and lemon lime. Turn your ordinary water into extraordinary hydration with liquid IV. Get twenty percent off your first order of LIQUIDIV when you go to liquidiv dot com and use code king ki ng at checkout. That's twenty percent off your first order when you shop Better Hydration today using promo code king ki ng at liquidiv dot com. This is reality with the King, and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show. There's rumors that Jersey may receive the same fate as New York City. When New York City Housewives Reunion got canceled, the show got put on Paul's and then a big announcement happened where they say we're going to reboot the entire show. We have a whole new slew of women on New York. Do you think that's going to happen to Jersey.
Speaker 2: It's so hard to tell because.
Speaker 3: On the one hand, you see kind of that some of the fan reaction to Danielle and Rachel, who I think at some point they were sort of being set up to be the future of the show in some ways, Like the season opened with the foods and we saw their whole extended family, and this is a family show, right, so it was hard not to read into that a little bit, at least for me to see of like, Okay, maybe they're kind of positioning her to be next gen Jersey basically, but the fans don't seem to like be attached to them in the same positive way that they might want if they're trying to reboot a show around those two women, And it's it's like the idea of saying goodbye to every single one of these women is so I can't even comprehend it, you know, especially if you look at like a gen Vessler, who liked to me is on the trajectory of like she was a friend of last season. Now she's like a really significant friend of. She seems that she's poised to be a housewife next season. But if they're cleaning house I don't know. I think that would be a little bit disappointing, to be honest, if they did complete overhaul. I do think the show obviously needs a huge overhaul, but it's hard not to see that parallel with New York. It's the only other time this has ever happened, and they took them all out, you know, and it's just Jersey is really one, a one of one franchise, and it's imagining Carlos imagining Jersey.
Speaker 2: Without any of these women, Like what even is that? What even is that? I don't Yeah, it's just hard to see.
Speaker 1: Who do you think? She'll say, and I'll tell you my list.
Speaker 2: Too, Okay, who do I think and who I want are different?
Speaker 3: I think, if you but but I think if I think if what the network wants is to like really kind of like start fresh, I think you kind of have to take Teresa Moliss out of the equation because there's too much history and there's too much passionate feeling about both of them, both positively and negatively from different sides of the fan base. I think, oh my god, this is such a hard question. Jennifer Aiden. Again, I think we talked about that. I don't see her continuing on the show. I mean, I think maybe you reboot around Buddha, Cabral and Fessler. I guess. I guess because they're the new gen people. But again, I just don't know if there's the investment in them yet for that to really make sense. And I get that's sort of where I'm landing. I guess right now, if I'm thinking like they might be thinking, yeah, incomplete answer, but.
Speaker 1: No, No, that was completely No. You pretty much said your thoughts are, in order to do a soft reboot, keep Rachel, Danielle and Jim Fessler and then cast around them. Because what you're saying is, obviously, if you want to do a soft reboot, you can't do that with the residue of tore.
Speaker 2: You're putting into better words than I could.
Speaker 1: I'm following, following, I'm following. No, No, I got you, I got you. I will always say this and people can say, Carlos get out of her ass, and that's fine. You guys have been saying that, and some people have said, like, no, we agree with you. I sneak my mind. I don't give a ship if people disagree with it. I think it's a fun debate again, call me Meghan, He's joy. Okay, So I personally and professionally, because one thing about me Gibson, I can take away my feelings about people I know personally and really looked as the viewer. Okay, I don't know if I can watch Jersey without Teresa being in the mix. Similarly to how I don't think I could ever watch Beverley Hills without Kyle.
Speaker 3: I just.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine what that would look like. I think I think every show, to me should have a season one og on the cast. OC, for example, is having I'm sorry. OC for example, has had top three of their best scenes is of all time. When Tamar Judge came back, And although tamer Judge was a season two housewife, nobody was watching season one of OC.
Speaker 2: So you know she's a fact of og like Sonia New York kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, it's like technically yes, season two, but she is one and two.
Speaker 2: Love them together right exactly.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. We'll call season one a soft pilot, like come on, okay, so Tamra Judge coming back to oh see, it just did something to that franchise and I'm obsessed with that show. Now and I can't wait to see this upcoming season. So that's the reason why for me, I just can't see the show without Teresa. I think Melissa and Joe and listen, guys, I do mean this when I say this. I think Melissa and Joe are great reality stars as a couple, and I think there's a lot to do with them outside of the show. My opinion, I think I think there's other programs that they could be a part of where they can stay in the Bravo family. I the thing about Melissa and Teresa is this, every show has a force multiplier. It's a safer word than saying queen bee, because no woman does not want to think she's the Queen Bee of the show. So I cannot If this is my opinion, I cannot see Melissa leading a show as the lead. You know, I can't see it. It's sort of like when the Supremes went away. Could you really see Martha replacing Diana Ross? No, you need Diana Ross. And to me, Teresa is the Diana Ross of Jersey because of what she's given to the show, and to me, she's the face of it. And that's the only reason why my list would include Teresa, Danielle, Rachel, and some new people. And I think Jackie and Jen can remain friends of I don't want to see them full time, Okay, Yeah, I feel like i'd be friends.
Speaker 3: I guess my my pushback to my my devil's advocate point to the Teresa staying on thing is like, if you're gonna have one of them stay on, I completely get base of the show, force multiplier, all those things, but I do think that if you look at like Teresa's recent track record with new people, it's not great, and like it's like maybe for one season they're in her corner and then they they see some sort of something about her and they jump to the other side of the coin. I do think Melissa, even though I kind of see what you're saying in terms of like leading a show, what would that look like? I think she's much more open to new faces and new people and welcoming them in in a more substantial way almost that That's sort of how I look at it. But so if you're gonna keep one of them, that's why I'm sort of.
Speaker 1: Like, what, Okay, okay, who would you keep over Melissa? To research? Melissa?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for that reason.
Speaker 3: For that reason because and I also think if you if you really want to reboot the show, it's not rebooting if you keep Treesa or Melissa.
Speaker 2: Really, but.
Speaker 3: What what is the what does reboot even mean if you're keeping four people?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like I know, but this but that's why I had to break it back to the OC. I think they did a genius job when they brought Tamra Judge back, because you had Shannon, Heather all forgot about Hew. You had Heather, but.
Speaker 3: Heather but had the difference that Heather needed Tamra to really Heather needed Tamra and having an adversary that first Tamer's first season back, because when Heather first came back that one season, she was the force multiplier, queen Bee, but she didn't have anybody that could reach her level, who wasn't intimidated by her, that wasn't worshiping the ground she washed right exactly, And so they she needed a camera to really make her return work.
Speaker 2: And that's I think also what we helped.
Speaker 1: Yea agree no, agree, agree for sure. It's so hard listen, it's it's it's going to be very interesting. And and and I and I will say this as well. I think Teresa could have a spinoff. I would love to see Teresa and the girls and her family and Louis and everybody and and sort of a car dashing in or don't be tardy for the partying her life. I think that would also be great. And then it's hard.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it's it's just it's just I get exacerbated because it's like it's almost like it's an impossible problem to solve. But and I the last thing I'm gonna say is like about them is like for me, it's hard now to divorce Teresa, Louis from Teresa, and I Teresa on her own to me is different than Louis with Teresa. And I think Louis once he entered the picture on this show, I think that's when like things took a turn for the worse in terms of the divide, in terms of sort of the ugliness behind the scenes. That's sort of that's my opinion. And I think that that that, to me, is part of the reason why the women don't want to be in that shared space. Personally, I think that he's a little he has that same like sort of reckless I'll do anything nature that that Jen has, but to honestly a more intense state. I think so that I find him to be tough.
Speaker 1: This is what this is what I would also do with Jersey. I think I think the man on the show should take a back seat.
Speaker 2: I totally agree with you, Carlos.
Speaker 1: I think, okay, because when I worked on season one and two, Season two, to me is the best Jersey season.
Speaker 2: It's an amazing season.
Speaker 1: I mean we had Kim D, Kim G, Danny Boyd, the security on a time to be alive, I mean, I'll talk later. It was I mean Teresa chasing Danielle do OKAYI legendary, legendary. The men were not on the show every episode. I mean Albert Manzell was running the Brownstone, I mean, hello, Joe Judais was too busy doing what he was doing right. And then you had jack Oline's husband, Chris Loreta, who you never saw. He never wanted to speak. It was it was Dan Yell to have a man right. It wasn't about the men. So my advice to would be this whole bromance was cute. At one point, I'm over, I don't want to see Joe Gorga Frank Catania kissing each other's ass with bunny ears, like, I don't want to see that anymore. I don't care what the men think. I think John Feuda is hilarious. I think that whole spat he happened Theresa to me was funny, but it did come across a little thirsty. Yeah, house like, oh, whatever you have been. It's like, but wait a second, let your wife get some shy John Like.
Speaker 3: It's like, why why is he having the second season housewife glow up? As as as the husband of the housewife, you know, like that's just too It's that just shows you that they're too involved, you.
Speaker 1: Know, yes, it just shows I don't I think the other saving grace to the Jersey Show is limit the men is I'm not into it anymore. I think I think when you guys are at home and it's your husband, great. I don't want to see the brothers and the and the homeboys at the restaurant or like playing sports. And please, for the love of God, can we not shoot Delora's charity baseball game. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of it. Dolores. I like you, by the way, and she knows that I love Laura.
Speaker 2: I love Dolores so much.
Speaker 1: Do we keep God?
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe just rebooth the entire show on Dolores, like, come on to me, Like to me seeing Dolores in that scene that they showed at the very top of the season from I think the finale, sitting there at that table, glasses strewn everywhere, she looking, She's looking just like an HBI C sitting at them. Like, to me, that just felt right, you know, it just felt chills. I love her, I loved I.
Speaker 1: Loved her too. I feel bad Dolores. You know I love you. I'm so sorry you have to keep Dolores though.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I made.
Speaker 3: I mean, she's just a connector to me, She's a connector and it's and it's authentic to me. It's it's genuine that she people want her to pick sides. I think that she actually authentically wants to be this way that she is.
Speaker 2: And she's a she's a she's a true.
Speaker 3: I don't know, she sees the best in people in a way that I just believe and and I just like.
Speaker 1: That about her.
Speaker 2: I really do.
Speaker 1: Okay, my list has changed and I'll move on okay, Dolores, I'm sorry. Okay, so my new list Oh gosh, Teresa, Dolores.
Speaker 2: And Dad yell wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, but bye, by the way, by the way, by the way, as we get into recapping Sunday's episode, I have.
Speaker 1: One word for Rachel Feuda and what is that word? Finally, okay, she stepped out the shadows of her listen. I like it when someone can stand up for themselves absolutely, And my issue with Rachel the first two episodes was, Honey, your husband is wearing a true religion mini skirt and I'm going to need him to hand it back up at Envy or box it up and ship it to Antonia's College because he is taking your spot.
Speaker 2: Okay, not the skirt, Carlos.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Gibson, Jane Feuda was wearing a mini skirt. At least I'd have said double sided dil do?
Speaker 2: I mean, hello, give yourself some credit. Yeah, at least you didn't say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, thank you. By the way, can someone sponsored my podcast with double sided dil dos? You guys are like sleeping on me. Okay, anyway, I want to promote you guys, seriously, Okay, I I thought Rachel was funny. I thought she listen. I thought she was brave. I thought she was hilarious. I thought like, okay, girl, get activated. I was here for it. But that's what happens when the husbands aren't in the scene. What did you think about that epic the inner scene?
Speaker 2: I thought it was a great scene overall.
Speaker 3: I think I think some of the comments and accusations being made sort of across the table, some of them rang a little hollow or like fell a little flat.
Speaker 2: But the delivery was great.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, you know what, I'll take this, you know what I mean, Like, like I think Rachel saying to Teresa, like, you know, you went to prison and you haven't built anything for yourself, Like that's just kind of objectively not true. You know, she raised four dollars on her own and sent them to college and is rebuilt her life. Like you can't take that away from her. That's just that's just an amazing accomplishment. But then like vice versa, it's like Teresa like she just kind of was just like calling her like too young and immature, and it's like, okay, well that's not really like the yeah, it's not really a read, you know what I mean. And then she kind of pulled herself out of the situation with the gift box, which I'm glad you took her took her gift box. So yeah, and like so I thought that, like some of the back and forth was great, some of it didn't really work, but like overall, all of them airing in their shit out and like having it having it not cross the line, it shows they can still have still do that. You know, it shows they can still they can still spar in a way that that is watchable.
Speaker 2: To me.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a very watchable final scene of the episode.
Speaker 1: You know, no could not agree more. I really, I watch it twice because gods, we're not watching Housewives to understand who is leading the primary in the election now, No, like we we love a dinner scene. The quintessential Housewives scene is a dinner scene with the women. To the point, I'm gonna tell you something, Gibson, as a former Housewives producer, I'm gonna tell you this, whenever the girls knew they were having dinner, they would say, oh fuck, whose turn is it tonight?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I mean they still.
Speaker 1: They every housewife knows when they're about to have dinner, they all say to each other. That's why if you so, guys, if you ever watch a dinner scene, pay close attention to what happens at the beginning. They all look kind of nervous and on edge and on alert. Always watch the beginning when they when they how's it going? Oh hey, they're not like, hey, my god, you look great. Yes, they all are like hey, because they they all are figuring out who is going to be in the hot seat tonight.
Speaker 3: They're all miss Juicy walking and being like, hey, hell, y'all do Yes, that's the.
Speaker 1: Little Women's fan I live for you. Yeah, that's exactly what it is. So I enjoyed it. That's why I'm watching Housewives. I want to see that moment you made it up point earlier that I want to get back to baby. I'm here for Jackie. Go Schneider, I mean what happened? Because I still don't know yet. Maybe come out later this season. You were right, Melissa, Margaret and Jackie had this sisterhood best a friend. Margaret and Jackie were like.
Speaker 3: Two peas in a post and it was real and it was real. They would like to me it was a real sisterhood too. That's what makes it, That's what makes their reaction so strong to Jackie flipping.
Speaker 1: Why did Jackie quote unquote flip.
Speaker 2: I don't think we fully know.
Speaker 3: I think it has way more to do with Margaret. It's definitely Margaret focus. I think she's even said this in an interview recently. I want to say she was like Melissa and I barely had any problems this season.
Speaker 2: It's more she's.
Speaker 3: Just more kind of in Jackie's words, she's calling Melissa sort of a mouthpiece from Margaret, and like that sort of her view of it.
Speaker 2: But I think, you.
Speaker 3: Know, it remains to be seen sort of what Jackie's true reasoning is, right, But I do think that from Melissa and Margaret's side, you can't take the show out of what Jackie's doing, even if there are some genuine, real reasonings and emotions coming from Jackie's side of like maybe Margaret wasn't good enough friend, or she was too demanding as a friend, or did something or spread something about her. Who knows, But I think it's kind of hard to not read Jackie's movement this season as not having to do with Okay, let me mix it up let me because last season she was a friend, she was demoted to a friend of last season didn't get that much screen time other than her feud with Danielle, like that didn't really go anywhere. Then we get into this season, it's like, okay, and again I'm not this is this is not even criticism. It's kind of I admire, like somebody mixing it up for the show. And she's sort of like, what would be unexpected. Oh, that's sort of how I think you have to That has to be a factor in my personal opinion, because again, Jackie wants to keep the paycheck, she wants to keep the job. That's not a criticism, that's just kind of a fact of all of them. So but I think that that's what makes Margaret and Melissa's reactions kind of so strong. They're they're seeing what she's doing, She's moving towards this side. These people that I mean, Jackie and Teresa, I mean they've had two huge I mean Jackie's first season when she brought up the prison thing, like in her second episode or whatever that was, Remember that her and Teresa got out of it, got after it, and then the whole thing about the rumor about Evan and calling calling the daughter the sea word, and like all these things.
Speaker 2: It's like that, how can you just like a race, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I win exactly.
Speaker 3: Those were real, Those were real, deep feelings that Jackie held about Teresa, and they both kind of did low blows about each other. So it's sort of like, I believe Jackie's done self work. I believe she's done healing and kind of gotten past maybe some of the petty or stuff, but that was deep, you know, and to just kind of like wipe that to the side and for the season, it's interesting.
Speaker 1: I listen, Jackie, I had no idea you had it in you. I love a calculated housewife, baby, because the thing is this, to Gibson's point, it's a paycheck baby. Yeah. I mean, you guys aren't on the show. I mean a lot of you are just to be famous because a lot of y'all already have money. But I think once you get a taste of housewife fame, because there's a difference between reality fame and the housewife fame. Yeah, housewife fame, you're famous in twenty four hours. It's instant. Diana Jenkins, I mean it was she That's why that's why she said, fuck the show. I'm getting away from Beverly Hills Housewives. I'm gonna hang out with Elton John. I'm super rich. I thought it would be fun. The moment you realize you guys are this insane at most times when it comes to your obsession over every detail of my life. You could be famous on NAJD Fiance. Honey, it ain't the same with.
Speaker 2: It's not the same.
Speaker 3: Different different ballparks, different different and not just different games, different stadiums. Yeah, one a stadium, one to an arena like it's and the difference is that it's also like a potentially lifelong thing can be a decade long thing, you know, it can be a house I staying lasts a long time. Once you have that label, you can ride that out for a long time. We've seen a million people do it, you know, and I uh on the one how you got You got to admire Jackie for for changing up for herself and kind of kind of clinging to it, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I'm fine with that. And that's the reason why again, Rachel Fuda, congratulations, you entertain me. Yes, And one thing I can say to you, Rachel, because I know Teresa personally. Teresa loves somebody who can give her a good fight. I promise you she's She's Teresa's attitude gibs and is bring it like, bring it to me, respect it. She respects it. She respects a person who can stand up to her. So, Rachel, great job is the reason why she can now coexist with Jackie after what you mentioned earlier their spat because she always respected that this bess Jackie just won't go down like fuck a cock road, you can't stop on our killer. She rise like a phoenix.
Speaker 3: Didn't you die at that little scene where they're getting massages or facials or whatever it was, and they're calling Jackie and then they hang up in Teresa's like, let me follow her again.
Speaker 2: That was funny. That was really funny.
Speaker 1: Because I'm telling you, guys, housewives is a sport. Yes, I always said this to you, but y'all read me, Carlos. No, they're a lot of these women are not friends in real life. It's an alliance. It's an alliance about how can we coexist on this show because you can easily get fired, and a lot of these women never think that they will come, but they are afraid it will come, and like Gibson said, they'll do whatever they can't to make themselves relevant for the show. So when Teresa say, let me just follow her cause again, you would think the words that Teresa and Jackie said to each other would like submit totally ability. But Teresa is sort of like, I respect a broad who can give it to me and I can give it back to her again. Rachel, you did that, John, let your wife be the wife, and I'll end it with that. Okay, give said this was a great We kind of agreed on a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: I agree, I agree, kudos to both of us.
Speaker 2: Of us honestly, so I like that for us.
Speaker 3: I love that I feel like and I feel like ultimately, last thing I'll say is just like the future of Jersey. It's like, understandably such a big question mark, and I don't think there's one right answer to how.
Speaker 2: To fix it.
Speaker 3: I really don't, But I do think it's undeniable that needs fixing. But I well, going back to what we talked about the very top, I'm not as I'm not as down on this season as a lot of people seem to be. I think there's things to be intrigued by, there's things things to be entertained by.
Speaker 2: So I'm not writing it off.
Speaker 3: Even though we might not get any sort of reunion thing whatever, I'm not writing it off.
Speaker 2: And I like a lot of these women, I really do. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm with I'm with you and listen. At the end of the day, we'll get something. Yes, So guys keep watching The Real Housewahs New Jersey every Sunday, eight o'clock, seven Central on BravoTV, because again, we're going to get something. It may not be a traditional reunion, but we will get something to satisfy our taste. Bud, thank you for listening to Reality with the King. New episodes drop on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King wherever you get your podcast. Visit Reality with the King and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and yes, Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, baby, my expressions. Yeah, and don't forget Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag Reality with the King Reality with the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley Rix An Executive produced by me Carlos King, Kingdom Rain Entertainment, Baby