Speaker 1: Hello the Internet.
Speaker 2: You said I was doing I was kind of doing a joker thing. Do you catch that exactly? Okay, let me do it again.
Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three thirty two.
Speaker 2: This is Too Weird for Me, Episode five of The Daily Saye guyst the production of iHeartRadio. This is the podcast we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness.
Speaker 1: It's Friday, Yeah, April fifth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Put it in the air, put it in your hair, put it wherever you want to.
Speaker 1: Because it's first contact day. Shout out to aliens. Don't fuck us up too bad.
Speaker 2: It's gold Star Spouse's Day's National flash Drive Day.
Speaker 1: Does do people still use flash drives? The little the little key chain USB contracts exclusively.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, I got hundreds also National wins to day, I said, he shout.
Speaker 1: What, Let me just say, shoe. I'm the co host. I'm allowed to talk whenever I hear right. Oh, that's the deal. I'm not the guests this time. You're right, you're right. Go on, What did you want? How did joint interrupt? I wanted to say that my will, my living will, is stored on a flash drive. Now it's your turn. Oh really, yes, can I get that? See it's it's it's better if it's just said in passing and then ignored rather than wait but arguing what's starting?
Speaker 2: What happens if wait? But what happens if that thumb drive is destroyed? Is thy will no longer actionable?
Speaker 1: Pond? God's that's a great will be done. It would actually I wear it around my neck like an alpine skier in the Swiss Alps, like would wear a little thing of rum. So the upcoming Ai Beethoven dogs will find me. Wait you're talking about there?
Speaker 2: Wait in this version, you're saying you were a little thing around like a Saint Bernard does correct.
Speaker 1: Sorry, yes, Beethoven. Yet I'm trying to make this a non denominational, non religious show, so thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we are not woke, we are not pushing agenda like like Bob I gerst Disney is. Allegedly it's also National deep dish Pizza Day, National raisin and spice bar Day. I'm not a fan of raisins and shit, I'm sorry, Like, I'll eat some loose raisins, but I don't like it. In Beca's National Caramel Day. Do you say caramel or caramel?
Speaker 1: I say caramel, but that has to stiff. That's something I need to change, really, I guess. Yeah, it's a little like who do I think I am? All right?
Speaker 2: It's also it's also National Reader Roadmap Day. Yeah, shout out to the people just using paper maps and National GOP for broke Day. And that's a picture of a guy climbing a mountain. I don't know what that means, but hey, I know what being broke is like. So here we are. There's that who am? I guess what? It's Miles Gray Aka, I love bad Gum. That's Bozuka problems, and yeah I like Tzuka. I got Bozuka problems. If jugg any near is a Buzuka problem, bring his ass to Joe.
Speaker 1: Maybe he could solve them.
Speaker 2: Okay, shout out to Jimboku over there for the asap rocky fucking problems, because you know, we're talking a lot about Bazuka Joe recently, So shout out to that AKA. And I am pleased to be joined by Daddy long Legs himself. Then, the nicest guy in Philadelphia, the nicest guy wherever he is in any town, he is and one of our favorite people to have on the show, despite our ongoing feud off Mike, which sometimes translates to Mike and I'm sorry if that tension is palpable for the listener. But guess what, he's here and he's back. Please welcome mister Blake Wexler.
Speaker 1: Oh this is Blake Wexler aka. I can feel my heartbeat fast. Blake Me Holmes like Geist. I don't want to let Miles go till Jack's the light. Blake Me Holmes like Geist. Listen to me because my legs are big, big old plumpers. Baby. Oh oh, thank you. I've moved in. I've moved into the Geist house. Yeah you have, Yeah, took over Jack's lease. You have.
Speaker 2: Also, I feel like a lot of people don't remember the plumpers thing canonically does come from your appearance. That's when we I think it was when we were talking about the recumbent mic maybe and your big plumpers or what was.
Speaker 1: I went through a phase was only doing leg based exercises and that lasted about three years and uh yeah, so you know I was wearing a lot of elastic below the belt and yeah, I still have I still have the remnants of them, not as much muscle on them anymore. It's it's disgusting, to be completely honest, a lot of hanging. It looks like, uh yeah, like a like an old tarp and oversize tarp over my legs but skin so yeah. But anyway, it's something that I think now that I've co hosted two episodes. I believe now iHeart has to pay for my health insurance. That is true. That is true. That is true.
Speaker 2: You can send Yes, please send your medical bills. I'll give you an email address later. You can send it to thank I believe w dot H O C A R E. S at Iheartinsurance dot. I argue not Joaquin Phoenix. Okay, we are thrilled Blake to be joined in our thirds the third seat by repeat guests actually a wonderful comedian musician, and look, comedy and music go hand in hand. We all know that these are timing based arts, so of course one leads to X. You know X what's the word exceptional talent? In the other, they have a fucking solo show that they're bringing I can say internationally Ian Lockwood the Farewell Tour. He's bringing it to Brooklyn, Los Angeles, Maryland. I know that's a state. In the first two were cities, but we will respect Maryland. We will respect the crabs and also for the whole month of August in Edinburgh, Scotland for the Fringe.
Speaker 1: We've got mister lockw.
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you, thank you. You want to know how I got these scars? Got it?
Speaker 1: Welcome back, welcome back.
Speaker 3: It's still good to be back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like last time you're on. I remember I had known you from your previous work on the internet where you had your your long blonde hair and then you cut it and then you said, don't don't mention my hair. Man.
Speaker 1: I trying. I'm trying to surprise my mom's with my hair cut when I for the holidays. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, she was like, oh what a nice change, huge smile on her face.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, so you like it.
Speaker 3: She was like oh no, no, no no, and she just like grinned for the next three days.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I love that she hated the blonde hair.
Speaker 2: Right right, Well, hey, look, it's good to see you. It's good to have you back. What's new with you?
Speaker 1: I mean doing a show at the Fringe.
Speaker 2: I know a couple of people are we've had on the show who have performed there is that. To me, that sounds like the most intimidating thing ever, because I just get to rant on a microphone every day and then move on and move on. I don't have to perfect anything. I can be as sloppy or nonsensical as I have to be. But for you putting together a show like at at the Festival of Festivals, for for you know, one person shows what what's what's your?
Speaker 1: What's your like? Right now?
Speaker 3: I am hyped. It's a lot of work. But basically the show is me doing like a Dua Lipa concert and Ariana Grande concert, but very funny, very goofy, and and I kill myself at the end. Oh wow, on Mike, every show I kill myself at the.
Speaker 2: End because it is the farewell tour and you want to make good on that. Okay, Ely, I.
Speaker 3: Get into a suicide pod at the end spoiler alert, which we are building. We are building right now?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Wait, do you know you don't want to hide that? Do you don't you want people to know that that's part of the show. I feel like that's kind of like the magic of like, holy shit, this.
Speaker 3: Guy I actually I take the curtain off the suicide pod like ten minutes in and then I like goof around like I'm going to get into it constantly.
Speaker 2: Oh I love it, well, I'm going to get in wow wow wow.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm hyped. But mainly I'm just going because I want to get a Scottish husband because I already have American husband, and I just feel like it could work.
Speaker 1: It's network.
Speaker 2: Wait, you said you build it up, you already have an American husband, or you say I don't want an American husband.
Speaker 3: I do have an American husband. The guy been there, done that, He's great. I can have it. It's different countries. I can have a second.
Speaker 2: I feel a Scottish. The Scots are really in right now, you know what I mean. Yeah, a lot of people talking about being.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, I go to Edinburgh. Maybe find me a little Scottish booth thing, you know what I mean? Yeah? What's Mary Queen of doing? Is she? Is she around still? I think she might be dead.
Speaker 3: She's dead and my grandmother rest her heart, died a year or two ago, told me constantly that we were related to her. Now I'm pretty sure that's absolute bullshit. But I believe it. Are you Scottish, says my grandma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Ian Lockwood definitely. I mean Ian is already like a good British. You know, that's a Scottish she could be anywhere. English name Lockwood, Like when it's two English words, I'm like, that's an English name, Yeah, lock exactly.
Speaker 1: That ain't German, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm going to go there and see someone who looks just like me, and maybe that.
Speaker 1: Doing this be my spider Man meme. You're like, you're Ian Lockwood too. You're gonna see a few of you. Yeah, yeah. And for the listeners who don't know, you will be doing your show like every single day for a month, and I haven't I can't wait to watch more of your videos. But it sounds like you. The way you describe the show is high. It's more high energy then of course, like a lot of just like a pure stand up talking would be. And I know stand ups get exhausted from just talking like once a day for thirty days. When is your do you know what your time slot is? Because people these shows happen like during the day, in the morning, at night, like there's there's a bunch of different iterations of it.
Speaker 3: My time slot is ten to twenty pm, which is actually exactly where I wanted to be. That's awesome show. Yeah, and I threw in a bunch of dance I don't know why I talk. I'm learning to dance, and I threw in a bunch of dance breaks into the show. So I'm gonna be.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, look, if you're going to be out there, definitely check out Ian show. Or if you live in Brooklyn, LA, or the state of Maryland, you know, just just anywhere broadly in the state.
Speaker 1: You could be anywhere.
Speaker 2: Come to support all right, Ian, We're gonna get to know you a little bit better. First, we got to do what we do and tell people what we are going to be talking about. There's been a lot of articles about how maybe giving gen Z smartphones right that they were at the dawn of adolescence may have been a bad thing. There's a few different ideas around that, but I think generally smartphones all right, Like, I feel like we're in a place where people are kind of like fuck man, Like, is it that good anymore?
Speaker 1: Ian J? Where do you fit generationally?
Speaker 3: I am Jen Alpha I'm thirteen.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, no, just kidding.
Speaker 3: I'm a mid millennial and I am seeing this for myself. I keep my phone in the other room now, and also keep in mind ten Z lost like years of development, like sexual development.
Speaker 1: Yeah, truly, truly.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: That's like when I see videos of like these.
Speaker 2: I saw a video of these like young ass kids like at like a Sea World type park, like fucking with a mime who was just like performing.
Speaker 1: Like for no reason, like just fucking with them. Oh, I thought even they liked him. Nah, Yo, we're fucking with this mine. I even with the mine. They were fucking with this mine, that's say, And like it was just kind of this weird thing.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what the fuck, Like when I was a kid, like like you just know, like yo, let the mind do their fucking thing.
Speaker 1: If you don't like it, then just talk shit, you know, and snicker behind you know, like from your seat. Don't go up to them try and blow their hat off anyway. I don't know I bring that up. That's like me being like a crabby old man, like leave that mime alone. No, no, I think you're defending that mime. And speaking of I do have a gripe with the Edinburgh French Festival as they rejected my mime act for twenty straight years and it's and it's gotten better. Just so.
Speaker 2: I mean, I remember when you did a preview show here in la I did it min Way and I was sort of like, I don't know, it feels a little I don't want to say derivative. And then you screamed and you cried, and I said, you know.
Speaker 1: What, No, no, it's great, its great, it's great. It's gret it's great, it's great. Actually, I'm sorry, I'm sorry I had fit any feedback at all. No, I know. It was also a Mike Pen's fundraiser, which I think is what a lot of people had the issue. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you said Mike's way, I thought we were doing Jersey mics and then Mike Pence came out and I was.
Speaker 1: Like, Danny DeVito made a cameo. But but it hasn't it hasn't gotten picked up.
Speaker 3: I heard a few people went to the hospital after the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did. So we did have it catered by Jersey Mikes, and that was I think possibly there was a food poisoning incident and if that has to be edited at I apologize.
Speaker 2: I also said, do not leave the tuna subs out in the sun in the parking lot all day on the road. You said it's You said, I'm going to save money because then I don't have to pay for them to toast it.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I don't know if I don't think that's I think it's botula.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's okay, correct, All lawsuits have been settled and we can speak about it for you.
Speaker 1: That's why we just did now.
Speaker 2: And also, aside from the smartphones, we are going to talk about Twitter just gave a bunch of people the blue check mark and people like I never wanted this, I'm not a favorite of this, so we'll talk about that fallout. And also because Monday is the total eclipse of the fart, we do want to just do a little quick eclipse conspiracy theory roundup because before we were just kind of talking about like how you know, like how much people are descending upon different locations to view the eclipse. Now that now the fucking freaks have real ideas about what's really going on with the fucking astronomical event that we have going on. But anyway, here we are. This is the show, But first we got to ask you, Ian Lockwood, our esteemed guest, what is something from your search history or what's something you recently screenshoted on your phone that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 3: Big huge sweatpants, m and I'm wearing some right now. I got sweatpants. I went on Amazon. I got sweatpants and an xx L. But here's the thing. You can get sweatpants that have jogger bottoms, that have cuts to the bottom and they tie at the top. So I'm wearing the world's biggest sweatpants right now. I don't have comfortable as hell, and I really recommend this to anybody.
Speaker 2: Why so, Baggy, do you mind showing Do you mind showing the class absolute standing?
Speaker 1: It'd be funny. He's like, not wearing pants and it was a prank. Do they look? Baggy? Puts your leg up, lift your oh you look you know you look like your picture? Yeah? Wow?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: Now why so Baggy? See I was doing another joker thing again.
Speaker 3: I don't know how I got these.
Speaker 1: You guys got these baggy pants? I don't know. Just full disclosure.
Speaker 2: Before we started recording, I say this a lot before we record, I go in a way we go and it somehow led into the intro and now here we are doing terrible joker bits.
Speaker 1: But why why so baggy?
Speaker 3: Well, I hate to admit this, but I have been taking hip hop class twice a week for this show, and so i've which is kind of embarras. I'm sure everyone thinks that I'm like a straight black guy from my voice, but you'd be surprised to know that I'm a five to six white guy, gay, very gay wo And yeah, I know, the voice completely betrays it. It's crazy, but I so I have been like, oh, I need big sweatpants for hip hop class, but they're also just really comfortable to wear.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I was gonna say, like, because dancers have a specific style, like you know what I mean. Like I used to, you know, back in my day. You know, I used to date a lot of backup dancers, you know what I mean. I've been I've been a millennium, you know what I mean. I've seen the classes go down, you know what I'm saying. I've seen Wade, you know, do some do some classes. But like I've always been amazed at dancer style, Like I can always clock a dancer sometimes and I'm like that outfit that is someone who just came straight from a dance studio, because the dants are so fucking big, the shoes are so colorful, and I just don't I don't know that, like it's it's giving dancer. So did you kind of go in there and you're like, oh shit, I'm not on my dancer wave.
Speaker 3: Really yeah exactly, and I was like, no, I look, I look dorky. I need to do this. That said, the dance instructors and the best dancers, the funniest thing they do is they wear their sweatshirts in the silliest ways.
Speaker 1: They'll like, yeah, tying it the sleeves like a bag.
Speaker 3: Yes, they dance the whole class with like a completely lopsided sweater hanging off of them, and I'm impressed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I think.
Speaker 2: I mean, like again, they shout out to dancer swag because it's different. I remember, like we had a when we were having our kid. We had adula who like the secondly shut up, I said, are you a dancer? And they're like, I used to dance about fifteen years ago. I'm like, I know, because your sneakers are so fucking all like wild like they were giving dancer.
Speaker 1: You are a truffle pig when it comes to dancers. I've always found I do have a concern about the large pantern. Yes, I have a concern that can't wait. I slept in like a double excel, maybe a perhaps a triple. It must have been a double and like like a large like pajama flannel pant and not that you said that you were going to sleep in them like this seems like you're doing the opposite. It's an active activity, but I would get kind of like trapped like in the pant where I don't know if you've rolled around and your sleep with like a like a sheet where you kind of like roll around and then like you're uncomfortable you have to like pull it off, but you're half asleep or something. But is that would you would you bring personal question? Would you bring the large pants into the bed? Or is this that you don't sleep in a large pant? Like what was? Is this active? That's inactive your thoughts and take as much time as you want.
Speaker 3: More more important than my response to that is I have to say I'm so sorry that happened to you.
Speaker 1: Thank you that's very sweet of you. Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm really sorry that happened to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this this iHeartRadio. Insurance is going to pay for the therapy, so of that traumatic it was a nightmare anyway.
Speaker 3: No, I don't wear no, I don't wear them into the bed. But my husband shaved his chest for like an EKG recently and it's gratchy. So I make him wear a shirt and he's mad about it and I don't care.
Speaker 1: That is smart. That's like a symptom of a shaved chest that I feel like people don't initially think about you. You think smooth, but it is You're gonna get stubble unless you're up on it.
Speaker 3: Yea's horrible. Yeah, yeah, and I miss him every day.
Speaker 1: What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 3: Okay, underrated and this is kind of related to gen Z, but I'm not dragging them at all. Underrated drugs, sex.
Speaker 1: Risk taking hmmm yeah, hell, some of that.
Speaker 3: I'm still on. I'm still on that ship. I'm sorry. There's thirty one like two weeks ago. I am still on drug sex and ricks.
Speaker 1: What's the latest risk. What's the riskiest thing you just did recently?
Speaker 3: I recently took mushrooms and went to a public sauna and like stayed there for like seven hours and whoa sort of hung out.
Speaker 1: That's risk. How dehydrated did you get? That's the risk? Pretty?
Speaker 2: I guess yeaheah, I mean I guess, like, yeah, people start looking like weird, like you're like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think yeah, face is like waving or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like I'll I don't know, I jump off stuff all the time. I love Actually, I love extreme sports. Oh I embarrassingly I did parkour for like age eight, seventeen to twenty five.
Speaker 1: I was it. Yes, you got a mixtapeople can check out. I guess.
Speaker 3: I guess the videos I could say.
Speaker 1: Get some footing, yeah, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: And it was cool. It was because I was in LA and so the gyms were run by like the the like stunt men, like professional stunt men. So I learned like cool tricks. It was still kind of darky, but I like Jip Harkore.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Ian, what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Okay, honestly voting, just kidding not, I think what if what I was like voting?
Speaker 1: Finally here first you heard it here first.
Speaker 3: This is also kind of related, but like I think cell phones and the Internet might be over. I think it's done.
Speaker 1: It's just done.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, the internet. The Internet just seems to be the used to be the cause of and solution to all of life's problems, and now it just feels like the cause of and solution to cause of all and solution to.
Speaker 1: Some of life life's problems.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, weird way, Like we'll get into it later. But like with Twitter, like everyone's mad about getting the blue check mark. I didn't used to get mad on the Internet. I used to look funny videos of people getting beaded and learn how to make bombs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 2: Star Runner and maybe some like gnarly car crash videos on evil Chili dot com or one of those fucked up websites that I remember looking at and people like, what are you doing? I don't know the ships on this ship's on here, this ship's on here, And then yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think they still have Wait, can I say the F word on this podcast?
Speaker 1: Which one? You can? Of course you can't. Wait.
Speaker 3: Actually that's a good question. There there was a site called e fucked and Internet UK t yes, and it's all like porn bloopers and like.
Speaker 2: Just like really niche porn like one where like a dude is dressed like as an alien, you got like seven dicks and ship. Yes, look I was, look, I was. I was in my twenties on the internet to at one point, and I remember and they used to do the wildest ship. They'd be like they'd be like all kinds of weird sounds they would like edit into shit.
Speaker 1: Bro, I'm so glad I'm off that. You know, I'm mature, you know what I mean. But that was better.
Speaker 3: Now it's like, oh, I have to see if a hundred people looked at my Instagram story. No, let me go look at farts, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Golden era, the Golden era when it was just more like yeah, it was a just a sordid lake for us to sip from, you know, lemon, yeah yeah, oh yeah, the Hits, the Hits, goats, see we all know. Look, yeah, so many of those things that were just for like that's how you knew like someone was like, oh you were like one of the weird bad motherfuckers hunh because you knew about that ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it was it was interesting running into those people or you would hear because it was word of mouth. It was when word of mouth was still more powerful than the Internet. Yeah, it's like, hey, have you seen this this video of a guy chops this thing off? You know, yeah, that's fake And that's fake. I know you're talking about Yeah, right, yeah, don't Yeah, it's Santa Claus. It's not really you're gonna say that next. That's my saying, if you want me to my Santa Claus.
Speaker 2: Is that guy from the body modification Olympics or whatever that video is where he's completely Yeah, he's chopping off a wee wee.
Speaker 1: That's fake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry to debunk that. Sorry to debunk that. That's what I'm here for. I've I've done the research, so you don't have to.
Speaker 1: But yeah, what were you saying, Uh yeah, I don't even fucking care anymore that you can go in it. So yeah, I don't everything. All people of man internet access some note whatever, go ahead.
Speaker 2: No, But that was the thing like back then you would just be like, yo, man, yo, I've not seen this video, and everybody will come over and you would be like getting high and ship everybody gather around your computer. You're at my time, my fucking like like desktop desktop computer I'm like, y'all not ready for this one to like h and now it's like so casual, like everyone's so decent.
Speaker 1: It's it really is like a it's a terrible.
Speaker 2: Evolution that's occurred, you know what I mean, Like everyone's nothing is is like shocking anymore. And I think that's a really bad thing, because I over we become numb to like really horrific shit. But anyway, that's the Internet of twenty years ago, of fifteen to twenty years ago, yes, right before Obama came president. Okay, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back and keep talking about this technology thing.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the smartphone thing. Let's talk about it after.
Speaker 2: This and we're back. So there have been a few articles lately I've been just perusing that are some version of basically saying like gen Z has basically been totally fucked over by being the first generation to get smartphones as children, and it's leading to like, you know, measurably higher rates of depression, anxiety, suicidal ideation, and not just in the US, but like all over the world, you know what I mean, Like these these rates for a depression and these other like anxiety and suicide rates. They were pretty stable in the two thousands and then rose by more than fifty percent in many studies from twenty ten to twenty nineteen. And the problem again all over, not just the US or Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, the Nordic countries, many many other countries have exceed these sort of the sort of rise and some of like these articles are written in kind of like a fucking bullshitty fear mongery tone, Like there's one piece in the Atlantic that's sort of like saying like, well, now gen z quote showing less interest in ever having children than prior generations and are more likely to live with their parents, which again coming from somebody who has been absolutely destroyed by like many recessions as I was coming into like young adulthood. It's not because I was on a phone.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of the how many, how many, how many were working with too.
Speaker 2: I graduated. I graduated college in two thousand and seven. Baby, I was walking into the world with my shiny diploma being.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, no from college. No, No, you're right. I, by the way, can I say something I was going to have that corrected. I graduated high school and I was gonna say it is that is dirt. But yes I am, I'm not that old. Like and obviously I like Yonan's the perfect one.
Speaker 2: I misspoke, I graduate cause in nineteen o seven, you know, you look at a great depression.
Speaker 1: I saw the dot com I've seen them all.
Speaker 2: Baby, you haven't heard life. Well you're in multiple wars. Yeah, well no, I'm a draft dodger, you know what I mean. I'm just wondering where the your finger was. Yeah, yeah, no, that's just that's just from playing guitar go too much. I injured it and then the doctor did a bad pick. Yeah exactly, that a fat pick. But again, like so some of these are sort of like they have that tone of like it's just a generational like just.
Speaker 1: Weird thing where they're like, what's wrong with them? It's like, we're fucking broke, dude.
Speaker 2: And also like we've seen, we've been told, even Malaya, we've heard about like taking care of the environment and global warming from a young age, and to know that very little is being done to really remedial that adds to a thing, little bit of existential dread and a bit of a thing where you're.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, like, fuck, can I afford kids? Is it worth having? These are all ideas people have. I think that's pretty normal.
Speaker 2: So I'm less thinking that smartphones have something to do with that again, because there's a fucking housing crisis and everything costs so much more. But when you just look narrowly about like smartphones, how could they not have been affected by this technological sea change? Because the negative effects of social media We've talked about a lot, but like even beyond that, there's just like just having this little information rectangle in your pocket that lights up twenty four to seven has rewired like all of our brains, not just younger people, fucking me, you, everybody. And I think the mere presence of smartphones, like even when we're not using them, are a distraction. In study have also shown that people are more capable when their their phones are quote in another room instead of nearby. Yeah, so that that's that's sort of just broadly I think where we're at so far, thoughts some class on that? Do you do you find yourself being slightly burnt out? I know I'm I'm on the older end, you know, I'm crusty and dusty and musty, But what about you the people with less wrinkles and tighter skin than I.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the surgery has been successful in that case. I do have some of the tightest skin. Skin that's that's a snatch anymore. No, your binder clips are showing from the back of your neck. Damn it, I said, believe go profile. Don't go profile on camera. They're going to see the binder clips. Don't buy in bulk until unless they got the miles seen your binder clips before. Yeah. No, I I went ski. I was fortunate to go skiing with my in laws last week and okay, didn't use my phone hardly at all. And it was because you know, you're like going down the man with people that you enjoy being around. It'd be an asshole if you're on a phone while skiing. I need everybody to shut up. I'm going live on from this double black Diamond. The service on top of this mountain, ten thousand feet in the air sucks. But I also when I had downtime, like when you're on the chair lift or whatever that takes you back up, you don't have anything to do, and that's the time when normally you just start reaching for your phone and the one thing that made me not reach for my phone is that I didn't want to drop my phone, so it was to preserve high addiction. Yes, exactly. So that's a good, totally feel that good. And you said you do keep your phone in the other room. I think you said that when we started.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I tried to it. It is such a big difference maker. Even if you have it face down, you just don't look at it. I was at the sauna for my birthday a couple of weeks ago, and I cannot have on mushrooms. You cannot have your phone in the sauna because you can't be taking pictures of people.
Speaker 2: You can't be on mushrooms, but you can be on much might as well. Yeah, entertainment right there for sure.
Speaker 3: So maybe I'm not really increasing my attention spam. But uh, it was really really it was. And looking at the wood paneled ceiling.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah it was great.
Speaker 3: But uh it really is so so liberating. I am trying to do it more and more.
Speaker 2: Well, right, because I think the thing that keeps us looking right, this is what we always we've always heard about the dopamine hit that you get right, So we've already reinforced it with like beneficial behavior. So like you get positive social interactions on your phone, but now, like you know, we have a fucking just NonStop source of stimulation that we just can't fucking put down. And like, you know, I can get that thing where I get the phantom buzz in my pocket when I'm like, oh my phone and my shit is not even on me, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, fuck, you're cramp.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, no, no, no, it's not even that's like my nerves are just mispiring because it's like phone phone. But like even in twin eighteen, the co creator of the iPhone expressed concern about smartphone addiction and said stress this quote, our smartphone bottle needs to tell us we've had enough, and suggested that government regulations might be needed if tech companies won't take this problem seriously. Spoiler alert for that person from twenty eighteen. They have not taken it seriously at all. Nobody has. And how you know, I think because we think of it as just sort of this like it's a phone, we need it. But again, I think gen Z comes back into this because they were definitely uniquely positioned as sort of guinea pigs in this mass social experiment because they were they were so young when the technology became widespread, and on average, gen Z got their first smartphone at age twelve, and few remember a world before smartphones like even existed, right, And I think that's the other thing that a lot of people are saying, like in person interactions are so important to the brain's development, and swapping those out for virtual interactions may not have been a big deal for boomers or you know, like boomers like me, or even millennials, but for gen Z, their brains development was absolutely had to have been disrupted by sort of like this new technologist or.
Speaker 1: Like bing bing bing bing bing. Yeah you like thumbs up? Do you like heart? Do you like this? Do you like this? Do you like this?
Speaker 2: Are you gonna get your sense of self worth? Are you gonna derive it from what you're seeing on this screen? And I don't mean to say like all of it can be laid at the feet of smartphones, but it is very interesting to look at why, like in that era, what it looked like because I didn't get a fucking phone until I was in high school, and even then, the fucking Nokia thirty three ninety the most I could do is play fucking snake on that shit?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like I was not, Oh hell yeah? And you know how you knew somebody was good if they only used three and fucking seven?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Did you? Did you fuck with the three and seven? You know I needed more buttons than just three and seven.
Speaker 2: You could three and seven, but no, if that was efficient, man, you only use three and seven to move the snake around?
Speaker 1: Anyway? This is me being a boomer on my Are you.
Speaker 3: Using okay, let's talk about this. I don't understand how you're just using two?
Speaker 2: So you on it two, four, six, and eight where you're up like left, right and down, but three was up and right, seven was down or to the left, And it's not like and it's not like you could do like contextually made sense if you were gonna like, depending on where the snake was gonna go. You can't go right again if you're already moving in that direction. So if you hit three, you go up.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. You don't have to condescend about it, but I do really feel this is my new show. Hey, how you play snake man? First? What he's talking over everyone about? Three? Up with it? Also, I mean it's hard to you know, change tones after that, but it is wild to me, Like I do feel really bad ad for like kids obviously where we of course we have some sort of perspective at least where at least we know it's bad for us, and we know, like we can intuitively say, it's incredibly difficult. And that's the whole problem here is even putting your phone in the other room. We're bragging that we're putting a like half a pound object in another room, and was like, yeah, I'm pretty like I'm mentally strong. I don't have to have it like right next to me, but it's still impressive. And then just kids, I just feel so fucking bad. Where like middle you think about midle school and high school, that was just so hard enough when you would think that possibly people might be doing things without you, or maybe people were talking about you or something, and then it's actually in it's it's tangible and you can actually see because people are me and a shit at any age, particularly then, and then that's in your face. It's just so brutal. So I don't know what that solution is. Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, like right like New technology have always been sort of like the fodder for irrational fear mongering about how like the young people, you know, whether that was video games or TV or jazz phonographs, you know what I mean, There's always there's always something. But I think unlike these other ones, this is one where, like you know, the the we've seen the reach, like video games doesn't turn people into fucking like violent, fucking freaks. But like actual scientists seem pretty worried about smartphones and kids. I think that's like the one difference here with a lot of these other ones. And one neuroscientist is sort of sounding the alarm on how smartphones alter young people's brain chemistry, which again seems to be causing more anxiety or depression or even aggression. And I think you look at now, right, I you know, I know young people. I know some gen Z people. You know, I got, I got them in my family, you know what I mean. And I know how to talk to the youth them. But your finger on the pulse, Yeah, I got.
Speaker 1: My finger on the pulse, baby, And I say, hey, what do you mean? You know, like Bazooka Joe, They're like, what the fuck are you talking about? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: What am I talking about? Oh my god, Wait, y'all don't watch a different world? Okay, fine, where's everybody going?
Speaker 1: Nobody?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 1: Wait wait wait, come back, come back, come back down. But like you know, but I even hear this too from young people like flip phones, like they they're they're not really feeling it either.
Speaker 2: They're like, bro, I'm kind of fucking burnt out off this ship too, and which also I think is the reason why we're seeing flip phone sales go up, Like especially in the last year. More people are wanting just simpler, you know, quote dumb phones and would rather do like you always hear about digital detoxes or people cunning down on screen time because I think innately we feel that there is just something slightly fucking off a bit like when we're always on our phones and always like you know, just engaging with each other in this like very non personal way, but at other in other times, like having the source the phone be the source of like our positive or negative feelings for sure. So all that to say is I would love, I think I will fuck with a Nokia thirty three ninety again if they just make it lighter, if like because already you know, look Blake, you know this. We got the we got the big thighs. So people know what model phone I have because there's a fucking beautiful outline in my pocket.
Speaker 1: Well it tears through my pocket. They see it because constantly I just take one step forward and pop throop, just like Selvage denim. It comes just rips right through it. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh, would you do a dummy phone like a normal phone or you think I mean, I think I would use it contextually part of me, Like if I'm traveling, I kind of need other stuff to kind of orient myself to be like, oh, yeah, where where am I?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Like I don't you don't have those kinds of innate skills.
Speaker 2: But other times, again my day to day, it's like, yeah, I can check my you MoMA computer, text me if you need me, and that's really about it. Like the apps and shit, fuck, I was scrolling TikTok for so fucking long yesterday. I was embarrassed and humiliated.
Speaker 1: It's crazy, and like for me, I think psychologically it it's two it's probably more than two things, but it's eliminating a brainless use of it like to have intent. So if I'm picking up my phone, I want to intentionally be like I want to check my email for my career, or I want to send a text to my wife or whatever. You know, I want to post even because we have to post these awful fucking videos like or I'm speaking for myself, like I have my awful stand up online, so it's like I need to go on, I need to post my stand up. And but then to your point, it's like why you should have it in the other room. It seems like that eliminates the mindless, like, oh, I feel my brain isn't doing anything right now, I'm going to just mindlessly pick up my phone. My phone automatically floats to Instagram, automatically floats to TikTok. And I think also it's actually comprehending and putting rules in place about how available you actually need to be. Where that's I think that's another reason why I personally use it a lot, where it's, oh am I going to miss whatever opportunity this, you know, headlining weekend, or they're going to immediately pick someone else if I don't look at my phone for ten minutes, Like that's no so or yeah so, or yeah they will they won't reach out at all, but right, no, I think it's intent and then also having being actually conscious and critically thinking about how available do you actually need to be versus what you perceive, right for sure?
Speaker 3: And boredom is so important, Like boredom is where your creative. Boredom is where you rest, It's where you reflect on things. You gotta have breaks, and you gotta be bored sometimes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the NonStop stimulation is not a great thing. Like I just think too of like before I even got a computer in my room, like as a kid, right, like I was so into like whittling fucking sticks, dude, Like I remember when I was like in nineteen oh seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you were a wittler. Yeah, just whindling an old corn cob pipe for Pappy and me.
Speaker 2: Like I remember, like I did like one summer camp and like like a fucking counselor had like a knife and like sort of like shaved it off and like made it like into a spear, and I begged my.
Speaker 1: Parents give me like a pocket knife. I remember begs them.
Speaker 2: And then when I was like eleven, They're like all right, motherfucker like we we we think we can trust you with it. I had that shit, bro. All I was doing was just shaving sticks down, doing all this shit, had this little like stick collection of fucking little like walking sticks, and.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, yo, you want to see a good like I used to be that kid. They're like, you want to see a good one?
Speaker 2: Like I would say shit like that, And I know now I think about that too as a parent. I'm like, I hope you know, like you just need these kinds of weird little things that are like tactile or you know, just kind of for you that you can just kind of zone out while doing without any attachment again to like will this get likes?
Speaker 1: Will this get is? This will just get clout? Will this help me with my showing other people? And just be like, no, this is me with my little sticks. I got to see if my mom has she probably to laugh at it. Your prolific stick whittling where the camera zooms out in the whole area around your childhood house is like a fern gully level deforestation from you chopping down all these streets to whittle all these goddamn sticks.
Speaker 2: No, I remember, dude, there was one time we went on a fucking hiking Griffith Park. I found this big ass fucking branch, big ad like this shit couldn't fit in my fucking parents' car, and I was like, we gotta bring this back, and they're like, you're not dragging a fucking sixty pound branch back to the fucking car.
Speaker 1: And I remember being so fucked up about it. And then I was like, well, it snapped me off this part, and then.
Speaker 2: Like that was allowed to take that part back and I got that shit down so smooth, and then I was like, yo, dad, I need some sandpaper. I want to get this shit again. These are the sort of things that are born out of like your childhood boredom rather than kind of like going out there. And and again I know that, like, kids are much smarter these days, so I'm not I'm not holding them for having access to this information. But that's where again I'm old. I'm from the silent generation, and it used to be about stick whittling.
Speaker 3: And nobody gets kids knives anymore.
Speaker 1: No, bring that back.
Speaker 2: You know, an knife teaches a kid responsibility, Yeah, you know what I mean, Like you can't go waving that thing out. But now, like again I feel like there's our there's probably like all these videos on like how to start a fucking pyramid scam just with a pocket knife, and like you know, kids going completely wrong direction, just just trying to get whittling back, you know what I mean, or be a pyromaniac like I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know the.
Speaker 3: Way you know it would looks so sick for the three of us. We gotta get flip phones belt holster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well you know that's coming back, you know that shit like the way mom jeans have come back and all the dad shoes and shit like that. I'm I'm telling you people are gonna start rocking the fucking gigantic bluetooth with the fucking mic mic piece, like the mic arm on it, you know what I mean, Like you're taking a business call with the phone holster tucked in polo shirt with a leather braided belt and some like leather braided handles, you know what I mean. And that's and that's the that'll be called drip.
Speaker 1: You know. I just remember this key appeel sketch I think it was called Black Republicans where Key getting jorded. First of all, everyone's like wearing like their pants and just they kept pulling up their pants like over and over again and kept saying we're not a monolith, We're not a monolith. But but they were all wearing the exact same outfits, like with this the holster on their you know, like the phone holster pulling out. It's it's a great sketch if you want to check. We're pretty diverse group. Yet diverse group.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, oh man, all right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back to talk about blue checks and the eclipses right after this, and.
Speaker 1: We're back Twitter.
Speaker 2: Twitter, Twitter, not gonna call it X in my life ever. You can't make me do it. You're not my real dad. But thanks for the pocket knife, Elon. I won't do it so Twitter. I mean, look, they had this like verification paid subscription system. Obviously when the blue check no longer came, became about like being like, no, you can trust that this person is who they say they are. They are verified, and became like, hey, you want to give Elon a couple books, But apparently Lord Twitter himself Elon Musk just decided that everyone with like at least twenty five hundred verified subscriber follows will be given a premium account, and people with more than five thousand will get a Premium plus account for free. And I guess the Premium plus just means they have access to that thing grock, which is the anti woke chat bot chat GPT thing that just tells like the worst fucking jokes that you've ever heard. But I know someone is probably taking that material to some open mic somewhere as we speak right now.
Speaker 1: I'm sure of it. I don't have to put me on blast like that, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: Well look you didn't have to cop to it, but it could have just been a subliminal that I hit.
Speaker 1: But black people, you don't know what your tones like, do you? When you speak it is? You don't know what your tones like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just raised eyebrows looking at you the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know some through the back of your head. Yeah, it goes circles your head.
Speaker 2: But now this means that pretty much anyone with a large number of follows, I think, unless you're probably the kind of count that deals with actively shit talking blue checks, you probably don't have that many blue checks following you.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 2: Pretty much all of those accounts with like the large flyings now have the blue check mark, and it's like embarrassing all these people. I don't know if you've seen on Twitter, with all these people who are just like yo, I never fucking ever would ever fucking do this shit.
Speaker 1: Who do we have?
Speaker 2: There's Marcy Wheeler, who's like a legal journalist who covers a lot of stuff in DC just to quote shit I've been forcibly blue checked. Another writer at Wired said, Lauren Good said, my blue check is back, and I just want to make it clear.
Speaker 1: I am not paying Elon Musk for this. Thanks very much. Vet Nicole Brown from Community She said, what happened? I didn't pay for this. I would never pay for this.
Speaker 2: Then another person, MSNBC host Katie Fang, also said, what's with the random blue check? I didn't ask for or pay for Mark Hamill of Star Wars fame.
Speaker 1: I didn't pay for mine either.
Speaker 2: People, Please don't judge me for my complimentary blue check. Everybody is so sensitive because I get it. It kind of became like the blue badge of dishonor for those of how you're like.
Speaker 1: Yo, bro, you're really giving Elon a fucking really like that, like for what? For what?
Speaker 2: And he he described it, or he basically responded to all these tweets by saying he called them, he said, such ingrates Yeah, yes, thanks for that. Yeah, they're they're so ungrateful. They never they never wanted it. They're like, they're ungrateful because you gave them a thing they never wanted and actively made a point to not have, and they're ungrateful. It sounds like you forcibly gave them a shitty thing that they never wanted and you're violin. Really, that's what it sounds like.
Speaker 1: He's such an asshole that something as banal and just like boring as a blue check now has become a like he's made that controversial. He's such a fucking pain in the answer, that guy. Yeah, And it kind of reminds me of like anyone with a blue check that now, you know, like it generally does say not about everyone, but it does say something. That's what the inference is. You know that you're supporting Elon Musk, and you support what Elon Musk stands for and the stupid shit that he says, And it reminds me a little bit. There's a comedian named Luke Giordano and he had a really funny joke about like, isn't it crazy that now when you see an American flag in someone's Twitter profile, it's like, whoa, okay Nazi all of a sudden, that's been co opted by these groups where it should just be the flag of a country, but it's been I said, co opted. Can I should I say co opted a few times? I'm losing the steam. Sure co opted, Okay, thank you one more time? And co opted.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm out here being like, yeah, I think I don't not enough blue checks.
Speaker 1: I'm like, thank god, I'm like, I'm like, I don't have enough followers. Should to be popping like that on that shit enough for to be like, oh yeah, okay, but yeah I again.
Speaker 2: It's it is funny just to see how how toxic the entire brand has become. But hey, you know, we're not here to cry tears of pity for Elon Musk. It's just I hope you, I hope you fuck right off, ASSHOLETS.
Speaker 3: Is such a thing that someone who owns an Emerald mind would.
Speaker 1: Say, yeah, truly right, it does. It is such.
Speaker 2: It is very Marie Antoinette, Marie Antoinette, you know, like such ingrates and then like goes back to like I don't know, fucking making people that he stole from like the Orient dance for him, like in some weird fucking scene from like a nineteenth century movie such in Grade Snow keep dancing for me as I smoke my opium.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So moving on though, we have the eclipse coming Monday. You're in New York, right Ian? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Are you do you have any I mean, you're not quite in the path of totality, but I know twenty nine counties in New York are Do you have it?
Speaker 1: Do you have any eclipse plans? You try to see?
Speaker 3: I'm definitely gonna stare at it. I am kind of done with seeing, and I think that would be an awesome way to go out.
Speaker 1: That's risk taking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's risk taking there, it is. Yeah. Man, you you kind of got some big stuff coming up. Don't need mine, don't you know what? If I have weird spots in my vision, that's fine. I Mean I've always said, like, if it were closer and I had planned more, I definitely would probably do mushrooms and want to have the totality sweep over me. Just because the videos of people, Oh, and I know there's got to be something to it, and it freaked the fuck out of the ancients. So just for that, I feel like it's worth something. But anyway, we have the total solar eclipse happening on Monday. But you know, just because we live we're not in the time of ancients, it doesn't mean our current society is too good for fucking weird ass backwards conspiracy theories. And there's just a lot there's a lot of these fucking weird ones. Alex Jones, remember him, He's out here screaming that the eclipse will be accompanied by Masonic rituals. Okay, that will rusher in the new world order. I don't know how again, how any of that works. Others have also claimed that the various counties in Texas and Oklahoma which have declared a state of emergency many have because they're just merely saying there're gonna be so many people coming to observe the eclipse that they just need a preemptly be like, yeah, we might need all hands on deck ands in case people get hurt, whatever that. Because because of that, the states of emergency have only been done to quote kickstart a billionaire lead World New World Order.
Speaker 1: Which again obviously has anti Semitic tropes there too. But why this wasn't done during any previous eclipse, like we just had one in twenty seven, y'all were pretty quiet then, huh unclear? Unclear.
Speaker 2: There's also there's a project that NASA. This is also getting a lot of attention. Apparently there's a NASA project on Chinka Teau Island, chink Tea Island, shout out mister Whippy the ice cream Place, which will fire rockets quote at the Moon during the eclipse. And again it's not because NASA is like, yeah, dude, we're about to fucking bring the return of Satan or something by firing rockets at the moon. But they're trying to stop it. Yeah, they're trying to stop the return of Satan. They're exactly, they should just say it comes from the sky.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 2: They're like, are you serious? You think we're trying to do something bad. We're trying to fucking stop the dark the Lord of Prince of Darkness, from descending on our fucking mortal plane. Are you fucking for real? You should be thanking us. That's what we're doing. We're protecting you off from Satan. Obviously, they're there to do like actual research about like aspects of the Sun and the Earth that you can only achieve when there is an eclipse. But the thing that also has people's attention is the acronym apep apep, which is a nod to the Egyptian snake god of darkness, and a far right influencer believes this will lead this will lead to the occult doing rituals performed by the quote Brotherhood of the Snake Oo. Unless I'm mistaken, I think we're the villains of the first Conan movie. But I don't know's that's where someone else to look into. But again, this is just to look at how the fucking magnetic and electric fields change during an eclipse. And again it's to do research on aspects of the Sun and Earth that are only possible when the fucking moon temporarily blocks the Sun's like, that's all it's not because it's gonna be snake Fest twenty twenty four with you know who knows what coming in to be our new overlords.
Speaker 1: And then unreadit.
Speaker 2: It's so funny, like people on Reddit, like on the conspiracy theorists, I've read it they're saying this, the eclipse could lead to a massive human sacrifice, and when you're like, well, where'd you get that, they're basically just like laying over the path of totality from twenty seventeen and the path of totality from twenty twenty four, and where the two lines intersect, They're.
Speaker 1: Like, right there, that's exactly Like what does one have to do with the fucking other X marks the spot and what's gonna happen in that spot other than a mass sacrifice.
Speaker 2: Massive human sacrifice, And you're like, what does that even mean? Like what they said it could trigger the new Madrid fault line.
Speaker 1: But then but the whole thing is they'll make it look fucking natural, but it's man made and it could be a serious loss of life disaster for the United States.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure, but if things were that easy to playing, I don't know, man, shit, maybe I should just start dealing in these conspiracy theories.
Speaker 1: I could come, wait, come up way better shit than this. I feel like there's a more fun, less stressful way to conspiracy, you know, like it doesn't have to be a mass sacrifice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it could be like yo, if you are like yo, if you you know, if you have asthma and you are in this and you are in this specific spot, your asthma will be cured.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm like that, that's a look like a low risk say like low risk scam con job to pull on people, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But then like, unless you have severe asthma, it's only for just very you know, not as severe, less intense asthma. If you're using a nebulizer, sorry, this eclipse will not help you. Maybe may stick around for twenty forty four.
Speaker 1: This is an abuteral situation exclusive definitely a red or Yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: And given the state of how much our medications cost, people will be like shit, man, like these inhalers costs a lot. Maybe I will go there to get healed by the eclipse. Yeah, it's a low steak one. I feel like people are crazy.
Speaker 3: They don't even know what's really going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what what is really going on?
Speaker 3: During the eclipse, Me and all the other LGBT people were gonna do spells to make people gay in trans It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah wait see that was another concern that I had. I don't know how to bring it up with you, so I'm glad. I was going to ask ye, well, insight everyone.
Speaker 3: The way it works is each person can only pick one other person, so we we're just gonna double, which isn't that much.
Speaker 1: Oh okay interesting. Oh now I'm gonna be upset if I don't get picked. I'm so sorry you in advance, you're not I'm not picking. No one's thinking about me, nobody. God, this is like a smartphone. Literally, Eclipse is a smartphone. It feels like I've been left out again.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm doing David Harbor.
Speaker 1: That's a good that's a great things from straight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 2: That there's a there's a whole breadsheet too, like Alex Jones, Like, here's an exact spreadsheet.
Speaker 4: Well, the LGBTU people they check off which person that they're gonna focus on to make them LGBTQ during the eclipse, okay, and they make sure that there's no redundancy because they wanted.
Speaker 1: To be the most efficient operation absolutely possible. Yeah, there's going to be an armada of David Harber's of day David Harper's. There's gonna be a horrortter.
Speaker 4: There's gonna be an admiral David Harbor of the Horn of the Country, and there won't be spared.
Speaker 1: They will not be spared. Boy, oh boy, a fragile world he must live in. When it's like it's like someone can make me gay by thinking about it. That's the fucking danger.
Speaker 2: Although I know it's just to kind of keep a homophobia live in the air for his audience, but my god, either way, Hey, but let us know is that gang, if you do live in the like, are are gonna be in the path of totality? Please fucking take a video, please for me, so I can live by curiously through you, Okay, because I'm I'm not gonna be able to make it Jack, you know, he he kicks, He beats himself up talking about how he thought it would be a good idea to go. He like last week thought oh maybe he could figure out something. He's like, everything is just sold out or like just prohibitively expensive. Never mind, I thought maybe I could take my kids to see it. But hey, let us live through you if you happen to live in the path of totality, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: What's so funny, Blake, I'm sorry, it's just the saddest last minute eclipse planned gone arrived. Even if you like it was cheap, it would be like don't do that, Jack, Come on, like don't just turn the lights off into your house, like you don't have to do that. And then it's just too expensive to go, And then it's the travel is like, oh god, I'm sorry, do you wait? Hold on? Are you not interested in the eclipse?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I'm also glad you told me because I didn't know this was coming and I wouldn't have been like, god, him, I hungover. This is a really bad hand, wife.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: I'm not hitting Philadelphia is No, I think it's too far west. I think it's western. New York is the closest.
Speaker 2: Like Indianapol is going to be a huge spot like near like Buffalo, New York. Burlington from yeah, yeah, Montreal, Quebec.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. Ah, lucky, lucky, lucky. I've always wanted to plan. I'm sure I would get fucked out of this, but like a stand up date during like a big event like that, you know where they have to pay for your hotel anyway where, Like you know, Burlington has an amazing club. I don't know if you've ever been there yet, but it's called like Vermont Comedy Club and it's one of the best comedy clubs in the country, and it's like, got it. I can't get there during the Path of Totality, you know, I guess it's on a Monday anyway, but or the Super Bowl, like you know, doing a like doing stand up in Vegas during the Super Bowl or something.
Speaker 2: R Yeah, I'm sure it was Gonnaret. I think the next one will be invisible in the United States in twenty forty four, so you have some time to get your cloud up.
Speaker 1: I might have to be the one after. I'd have to be twenty sixty six six six, oh.
Speaker 2: God, oh after the yard bark or whatever. Bring on, bring on the Masonic rituals and whatever what have you. Yeah, I'm really curious to Like it's so funny, like we never check in with like these fucking freaks the day after they say something's gonna happen, and they're like, what are they going to say?
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, well, just the deep State caught it off because you rot your attention on it.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, just like that.
Speaker 2: Huh, well, bless you, bless you.
Speaker 1: You still owe the Sandy Hook families a lot of money. Alex Jones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, that's gonna do it for us. But Ian Lockwood, thank you so much for joining us. Where do people find you? Follow you, engage with your work?
Speaker 3: Find me online on all platforms at mister Ian Lockwood with an m R. I wish I had Ian Lockwood, but it belongs to a dead city planner.
Speaker 1: Oh no, what what city planner?
Speaker 3: I think you did one dead one. I think he did like Fort Lauderdale.
Speaker 1: Actually wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's just someone that it's just it's just there, it's on, it's unmovable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, basically I think he's probably in hell.
Speaker 1: So uh, that's just my guess. All Right. Is there some tweet or work of media that you're enjoy Yeah.
Speaker 3: I've been reading his gravestone a lot. It's been awesome.
Speaker 1: He survived by here lies this fucking herb.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I also I saw a problem Mesta recently which I really really liked. Good movie.
Speaker 1: I've heard really great things about that. Blake Wexler, what about You. I have a one hour stand up special called Blake Wexler Daddy Long Legs, which is streaming on YouTube right now. And then some road dates April, I'm gonna be in Cincinnati, Philly and Brooklyn a lot of people. Last time I did the show at a Strong Rope in Brooklyn, which I show love to have you on. At some point Ian, a lot of Zei gang came out. One of them offered to buy me a beer and then I told them I drink for free here and then I got taken away. So that was I apologize that I was rude. I think his name was John or Joe, but it was a fantastic person to meet. And then in May, I'm going to be in Bristol, Tennessee, Lancaster, Pennsylvanian in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. So you can get tickets in my link tree at Blake Wexler social media. Wow, and do you still have nudes in bio? Nudes in the bio. Yeah, they're just pinned too like I am in the photos. To my post, Yeah, to my my grid. Okay. Is there tweet or other work of media that you're enjoyed? Yes? And Ian's going to be in Maryland. This is and then hard Break talking about a sad thing and then a funny thing. This is about the bridge collapse in Maryland. This is a tweet from at roy Wood Junior and he said, dude who survived the bridge collapse in declined hospital treat h declined a hospital trip for sure. Had a woman to get home too? A hospital holding you up. The later you get home, the less likely she's gonna believe you. You want to get home soaking wet at four am or dry in a hospital robe at ten am. Choose wet every time? Oh?
Speaker 2: A tweet I like you is from a show Well show fave Blair Saki at Blair Sak tweeted thank you just hearing.
Speaker 1: Her voice last night.
Speaker 2: I opened one of my sets with how do the holes keeping the piss and shit when we're asleep?
Speaker 1: And let me tell you, everyone just stared at me, dead silent. She's so funny.
Speaker 2: Shit, oh man, big Dog I believe is the name of her special You should check that out. Yeah, and you can find me at Miles of Gray, Twitter, Instagram, all those places that have at symbols, hell.
Speaker 1: Fucking threads even and you can find us.
Speaker 2: Are you also finding me on my other basketball podcast with Jack Miles and jackot Man BOOSTI is also on four twenty fiance talking about ninety day Fiance. You can find us at Daily Zeitgeist on Twitter, the Daily Zekegeist on Instagram, Facebook fan page, website, dailyese Geist dot com, or post our episodes and our footnarts.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, thank you, Scoop. Thanks Scoop.
Speaker 2: And you can also find out the song we ride out on, which is going to be this track, which is a really interesting. There's a band called Karate Boogaloo and this track is called one Hand, One Bounce and again a fucking another band from goddamn Australia that's absolutely fucking killing it. I can't fucking believe how many fucking Australian bands that I'm like listening, Like, every single one is like they're from Sydney, they're from Melbourne, they're from blah blah blah, they're from Westerns.
Speaker 1: Great. Great, that does sound annoying. No, it's just like wild, like when you have these like this, like it's just wild.
Speaker 2: Creative boom period and it's like so specific where it's like I guess especially it's music that I really like fucking fuck with.
Speaker 1: It's like vibe more instrumental, R and B. It's just like really good shit.
Speaker 2: This is again instrumental vibe track feels like something that would have been like sampled, but this is a this is a new band and they're doing this fucking, really fucking dope track. One hand, one bounce by Karate Boogaloo. That's where you find it. That's gonna do it for us today. We will be back on Monday to tell you what was trending over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Until then, have a blessed day and the weekend. Okay, we'll see you later. Bye bye,