Speaker 1: Only start out by saying, we had a great practice today and we haven't gone out yet, so guys are focused, guys are locked in. Short week. It's all about fundamentals and technique.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The great thing about playing Tampa last week, you know, it's a lot of carryover to Seattle with the coordinator being from Seattle. So a lot of things that we're doing this week is carry over for us. And my point of emphasis to the players has been, you know, fundamentals and technique and short week, taking care of your body, making sure we're fresh and ready to go.
Speaker 2: So with that, I'll take your questions.
Speaker 3: When you prepare for a team like this where the forty nine ers are so familiar with Seattle, do you rely on people who've been here to say, you know, what's worked in the past, what hasn't worked. Do you start kind of gauging the room as far as just you know what your first steps are when you implement the game play? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you always do that.
Speaker 1: Anytime you have a team that plays one another twice, I think you have a perspective of of who they are and what they do.
Speaker 2: You know, we played Seattle last year.
Speaker 1: I was in Carolina, But uh, being able to play these guys, you know, twice a year. If they understand you, you understand them. Uh, you understand personnel. So uh, we definitely talked as a staff and uh have gone back and looked at some of the things that we've done well, some of the things that hurt us and uh so therefore we can anticipate uh what may be to come.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about the.
Speaker 3: Way Jaire Brown played last week and this is his first start?
Speaker 2: What do you want to see from him this week in preparation?
Speaker 1: Well, I I I first of all, I want to acknowledge the mere facto, well Huff a captain. Uh. Uh of when I say a captain, I'm talking about a leader in the secondary, all pro player.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: We're definitely gonna miss him, you know. And for JayR to step in uh at that particular time in the game and perform the way he did exciting. But Uh, he and I talked last week and his preparation each and every day. You can see the growth, uh from when he got here back in the spring.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's playing with a great level of confidence. And I think the guys back there with Gip uh Fred and all the guys that's gonna he he's gonna be surrounded with I think he's gonna be fine.
Speaker 3: He talked to before the Tampa game.
Speaker 2: Uh, yes, we talk every week.
Speaker 1: I always talk to those young guys and just trying to give them a beat on where I feel they are and their progression and how they're doing. And Uh, he indeed winners.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I think I've made major strides since they've been here, and guys that we feel very confident in the situation if they had to go in unfortunately he did that they were gonna step up and perform.
Speaker 3: On the play where you did get beat or was he not count for the wide receiver speed or.
Speaker 2: What was the him on that? Uh?
Speaker 1: Initially I think he's he saw Evans looking back for the ball cause we was all out pressure, so he assumed that it was coming quick. Uh and it was really an out and up so so uh he was able to recover, Uh just from you know, being as athletic as he is and put himself in a great position to make a play on the ball.
Speaker 2: He would wisdom to be honest years worth been your impression or just how he carries himself.
Speaker 1: I just think he you know, he he's serious about the game and he puts a lot of time and effort into it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: UH we met as a staff today defensively early and you know, Daniel Bullet wasn't in there cause he was meeting with him and he wanted to come in and to get some extra work. So Dave does a great job with all those guys.
Speaker 3: See how important are unimportant are sacks and evaluating the effectiveness performance of AUH of.
Speaker 2: An aed dreaser like that.
Speaker 1: You know, I've I've dealt with this all all year in regards to UH lack of production you know out of our front and I tell people all the time you have to really watch tape and understand football. It's a combination of things, but most important, you have to compliment one another. We have probably one of the highest percentage as far as pressure and hits on the quarterback and they're there times you don't see that effect for it's getting sacks because there's certain things that goes in, you know, along with that. But as you saw this past week, we're able to compliment one another with you know, different coverages out of disguise UH or even playing tight man. So Uh, A lot of things goes into that, but I'm I'm pleased where we are. I think we're progressing up front and uh doing the things we gotta do to get to the quarterback.
Speaker 3: Just how disruptive was Armstead this week? It seemed like he was getting, even for his standards of a lot of pressure.
Speaker 1: I I I I agree, I agree completely. I think when you go back and watch the tape his one on ones, we always talk about it, you gotta win, you know, uh collapse the pocket inside and try to make the quarterback, you know, being unable to follow through with his throws, and you saw Baker quite a bit of times that he could not do that. So uh, Eric played a great game and looking for him to do it again this week.
Speaker 3: Sharbonay the rookie from UCLA probably gonna get a lot of run in this game.
Speaker 2: What do you think and and how's uh your challenge this week?
Speaker 1: Well, I g I I think all those guys are gonna be a challenge, particularly on a short week.
Speaker 2: I look at you.
Speaker 1: Know, their their their running back corps, their receiving corps. All those skilled guys are phenomenal, and I think Pete does an outstanding job in his preparation of getting those guys ready to play. Uh. I know the run game is something that y uh point of emphasis for those guys and trying to create themselves to be a little bit more balanced. We got to do a great job in stopping to run and hopefully trying to make these guys one dimensional to where our front can be effective on the quarterback.
Speaker 2: That's alright. Appreciate you guys. You didn't have anything to do.