Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He's a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This He's Talking Cowboys Live from the Dallas Cowboys worlds at the Star in Frisville, and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: It's a Tuesday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas and the s WBC studios. Welcome in everybody. We've got Tommy, risch Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah Standback with Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans. We have schedule release to talk about this week. We don't have the full schedule, but we got one game and it's a pretty Oh no, I don't you no.
Speaker 4: I thought Isaiah maybe would happen schedule.
Speaker 3: He sat down with the NFL network crew and was like, this is where I want the Cowboy you know what, open up with the Philadelphia This is.
Speaker 5: What I can tell you, guys. I can tell you this very confidently. All right, but just keep this under wraps. Don't tell anybody.
Speaker 3: This is just a Talking Cowboys secret.
Speaker 5: We are playing the Philadelphia Eagles Week one, but we do have another game against the Philadelphia Eagles, and then we have two games against both the Commanders, Yeah, and the New York Giants.
Speaker 4: Talking Cowboys Insider, are they both.
Speaker 3: Home and away?
Speaker 5: They're splitting them one home?
Speaker 1: There's okay, I have a Jos Jostradamus moment right now. Okay, I'm a feeling that we're gonna play the Eagles three times this year.
Speaker 3: One would be the playoffs, one more in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: That don't know, ball, just saying.
Speaker 1: It's just a feeling, just to feel.
Speaker 3: I would love that.
Speaker 1: I think it great.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys go a fair and win.
Speaker 1: All three Cowboys win victory.
Speaker 5: One of them, two of them. Huh ah, three two for three Cowboys.
Speaker 3: That's realistic. That's realistic. Now, we've got plenty of notes to get to and we'll talk more schedule release in the second. In the third segment, we're actually in the third segment, we're gonna rank the opponents one through seventeen, but we're gonna do it in a blind so it's just randomized. They're gonna come through as they come through, and then we're gonna rank them from there. That point forward. But just like we've talked about multiple times on this show, all of the big time news happens after the show comes to a club.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you mean what happened last week?
Speaker 3: It happened again? Why George Pickens is now a part of the doubts.
Speaker 1: How did you going to talk about the guy from the south they called in? Okay, So George Pickens, Yeah.
Speaker 5: That was right after we were talking about wide receiver too. Yeah, we were just talking about it, and I was a costing Patrick no see Walker for guaranteeing me a wide receiver the friday after the draft or no, the next week after draft. Anyways, I was just like.
Speaker 1: What you So, it wasn't It wasn't the guy that I thought, right, because you guys know I was Hill. You thought yeah, But I knew something was happening, right. We all knew something was happening, right, because they obviously didn't draft anybody.
Speaker 3: They weren't going to sit there and not announce.
Speaker 1: It was going to be a true, one big type of situation, right. It was going to be a big splash. It wasn't just going to be a guy that can come in and fill some type of a role. You know, it had to be a big time impact player, which is why I was projecting that it was going to be that particular individual. However, when you look at them statistically, George Pickens actually fairs in a privacy similar sense, if not a better sense, in terms of plus twenty yard plays. He's going to be a one heck of a deep threat for a team that is going to be a heavy running team. You started talking about what their identity, what they're trying to elicit as their identity going forward. They want to be a run first team. And by being a run first team, you take the pressure off of Dak, You take the pressure off of these receivers for having to run forty plus routes a game, and now you hopefully can cut that down to twenty five twenty five routes a game. And now all of a sudden, you have, out of those twenty five routes, you have to distribute the ball between CD scoon Maker. You know I'm saying Ferguson and obviously now are a new addition, George Pickens. So that's the perfect situation for them. Run the ball thirty five times, throw it twenty five times, and that's kind of the makeup that they're trying to get towards.
Speaker 6: And the good part about wanting to have a heavy emphasis on running the ball is it opens up for those deep shots that you were Chickens is good at.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: The question for me is that I was talking to Kyle about this yesterday, is I mean, no quarterback really is in terms of like tight window throws and down the field ten fifteen twenty yards air yards. Dak Prescott hasn't necessarily been the best in those types of situations.
Speaker 4: It hasn't been as strong.
Speaker 6: Suit that said, you know, when you look over the course of his career, he really hasn't had a guy I think who has the catch radius and athletic ability that George Pickens does in the air. I mean, you look at Michael Gallup and Amari Cooper. Sure they were able to do that, but I don't think they were as twitchy and you know, go up and you're you know, he he's had a couple of catches where it looks like he's laying down in the middle of the air and he's still able to come.
Speaker 3: Down horizontal to the ground.
Speaker 6: I don't know if if Dak Prescott's had that before. And you look at the the charts in terms of where you know, Ceede Lamb and George Pickens catched the ball the most, and theybe seem to compliment each other really well.
Speaker 4: So charts, this is all, this is all lining up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, charts, charts, traits, characteristics. Yeah, I feel like the best comparison that I've seen, and this was Nick Harris that brought this up on the Break last week, is that he is a gen Z des Bryant.
Speaker 3: See, and that was going to be my one Cowboys comparison to what Dak has had in the past from me in terms of in terms of des Bryant, that's probably the one contested catch guy and athleticism. But I think it's a different build of player. There's a different type of skill set. And yes they're both contested catch guys. Deep threat ability are both there, but Pickens has a different edge to him from a from a finesse standpoint. He can still have the hands and the finesse that maybe Dez didn't necessarily have. Specifically, I think when it comes to it, Dak has had receivers in the past. He's had Amari Cooper, he's had Dez Brian, He's had CD Lamb, He's had Brandon Cooks, Michael Gallup, some of these guys along the way. I don't know if I can say a pairing fits better together than what they have now with CD Lamb and George Pickens solely from an x's and o's standpoint, Solely from x's and o's, because I know there is some character concern and locker room thought process. I don't think it's as big of a deal because he's in a proven year, he's in a one year deal. He's going to be on his p's and q's all the way through the end of the season. However, x'es and o's wise, I don't think you could have found a perfect fit in a one to two punch A one A one b is. Steven Jones even talked about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was about to say, they think the same way that you're thinking.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: They said that, you know, Stephen Jones on the radio yesterday that he feels like Pickens is a one receiver. So you've got two ones on the field and you can you know that's never going to be a bad thing.
Speaker 4: And you bring up Dez Bryant.
Speaker 6: Well, Steven said that, you know, he reminds a lot of people in the Cowboys building about Dez Bryant from you know, the contested catchability, but also from the perspective of like, hey, you know, he plays with a little bit of emotion.
Speaker 4: He plays with an edge to him.
Speaker 6: Sometimes that gets the best of him and that comes back to bite him. But they had that with Dez, and you know, they know that they're going to have that with George Pickens.
Speaker 4: But he made a good point, Kyle. He's going into a contract year.
Speaker 6: He has nothing guaranteed in front of him after this season, and he's got something to prove, you know, to not just to himself, but to everybody out there who's talking about, hey, okay, this guy's a locker room cancer, which I don't think is the case. The Cowboys did their homework on this and they feel like, you know, okay, his teammates liked him enough to where he's not going to bring down our locker room. Is he very demonstrative sometimes when you know maybe he's not getting the ball or the team's losing. Yeah, wide receivers do that. I feel like that's that's a kind of a comedy. The Lamb did it with wide receivers, and maybe he's more demonstrative about it than others are, but it's a widespread issue.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: That's not to say that, you know, he can't sometimes go a little bit too far, but they feel confident that he can rein it in and really help this team.
Speaker 3: It's one thing to have one organization say that you have had a problem within their walls, like Pittsburgh did with George Pickens. It's another thing for the other thirty teams in the NFL to see two organizations say the same thing. So George Pickens can't afford to come into this situation and leave the same way he did with Pittsburgh. He can't afford to do.
Speaker 5: That, Absolutely not. And another thing about George Pickens that this is a contract here for him. I mean, he has an opportunity to whether he wants to extend his contract with Dallas or get the back somewhere else after this season, Right, he has an opportunity. And what better way for him to do it than show that he's a good teammate, team player. That whole thing.
Speaker 3: I just think.
Speaker 5: I think you bring him in here to fix this stuff in a does Brian fashion.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's enough to fix this stuff in a does Brian fashion?
Speaker 5: I hope so, I just wanted Chris to use the drop.
Speaker 1: Ye, sorry about that. I'm kind of over the narrative of passionate players who lose themselves emotionally being a detriment to a team. I'm kind of over that. He is a younger player who still has some maturing to do, but he has the one element of his game that you can't teach, and that's passion. So people say that they want passionate players, but they want it in a controlled environment somehow, some way. When you're playing one of the most violent games on Earth, you can't have everything. I'm sorry, people, you know what I'm saying. And all players aren't made the same. Every team has goons on an offense, as at the receiver position, tight end position, old line position, running back. Everybody has a goon. They have a guy in every meeting room that is looked at as being that guy who has the attitude, who has a whose passion comes through more boisterous than others, you know, saying, So stop trying to make everybody look the same, right, So, yes, he gets penalties from time to time. Yeah, because he needs to get somebody to coach him up on how to harness that energy.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: He doesn't like people having a one up on him. He doesn't like losing. Right. People look at last year and what he did to Jordan Lewis they were losing. Yeah, I'm sure Jordan said something to him and it wasn't. It wasn't.
Speaker 4: It didn't sit.
Speaker 1: Well, right, He's a competitive guy. Kids throw tantrums. Adults are growing. Your kids growing to adults. Right. If that, if that problem isn't fixed, then it's gonna continue to be the same way, displayed, the same way. So yeah, there's an opportunity for this coaching staff to help him develop. There's an opportunity for Ceedee Lamb, who I'm on record at Kyle Knows in the pre and post game show with the Dallas Cowboys from Pregame Live talked about multiple times about how Ceedee Lamb needed to grow up last year. I was very vocal about that, especially early in the season, especially early in the season when he was throwing a tantrum. And then there was one time, I don't remember what game it was, where Ceedee Lamb was literally on the sideline throwing a tantrum, literally throwing a tantrum. Helmet is going around throwing his arms up, really bad body language, and that got caught on film. You remember I told you, I said, this is gonna be a one heck of a moment for him because for the first time he's gonna have to see himself.
Speaker 3: It's a Raven's game Week three last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had to see himself all over social media, all on national network television. And when you see yourself, when your face with looking at yourself in the mirror, you're like, that's what I look like. Everybody has been there, right, whatever issues we may have as human beings, when we see it as somebody else, we're like, Eh, that's that's me. That's that's what I look like. And then what happens, that's your aha moment. CD started changing, and his CD started blocking, and his CD started acting differently in terms of his leadership. He maybe he was thinking the same things, but it wasn't coming out of his mouth right. So, whether somebody got in his hand, whether it was him seeing himself, whatever it was, he took steps forward and matured as a receiver like that.
Speaker 5: And he's not on the season. He's not one of those demonstrative leaders. He's not going to be verbose. He's not going to be talking constantly on the sidelines in a way that he just leads by example. He's doing what he needs to do on the field. He's about his business. Early on in the season last year, I was very critical of Ceedee Lamb. I was critical of the fumbles and just like looking overall not prepared, and a big part of that was losing out on training camp. He wasn't there, you know, but he got in a groove and obviously towards the end of the season he was the most valuable player hands down.
Speaker 3: And he did it without Dak Prescott at quarterback and a lot of that did it without a shoulder.
Speaker 5: Dude, it was amazing what he was able to accomplish. You bring a guy like George Pickens into not be the wide receiver too, but like we're talking about being a wide receiver, one b learn to learn with a leader next to him like CD and I don't know, man, like I guess an example that I can give you is Draymond Green. I don't like Draymond you gotta have him, but it's nice to have him on your team. He's won a lot of champions He's won a lot of championships. May not like him, you may not like to go up against, but that is a dog.
Speaker 1: Draymond, Kevin Willis, freaking Kevin Willis, Dennis Robman, listen, but even just look Cooper flag just yeah, look like this team. Look at his team offensive line. Who's your goon? Who Hoffman? Yeah, it's there, right, He's gonna get you a penalty at some point, it's gonna happen. Yeah, but you take that because you need that dog on it. Okay, let's go to the defensive line.
Speaker 5: Who's your guy?
Speaker 1: Micah Micah, Sam Williams. You know what I'm saying, Like, oh, say, he's more, he's more, he has it together, right, I would say, but in terms of emotions coming to that's what I'm talking about. Yeah, that's what I'm talking on the field, Like, Okay.
Speaker 5: So he's all those penalties that you can go.
Speaker 1: Outside of the specialist, you're gonna find one guy in every single room who just has that passion that you gotta rank. You just gotta rank, you gotta hone it in. Right, you got a real women. Sometimes you know what I'm saying, Kyle. Sometimes pre cage I got real Amen. Sometimes you know he goes crazy. But it's okay. People. I'm saying all that to say it's okay and you actually want that, right. If you're gonna be a running team as a receiving group, everybody can't be nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And one of them in our writers room and his name is Tommy Yarish.
Speaker 3: That's what it is.
Speaker 5: Pure dog.
Speaker 3: Somebody in our chat brought it up and said, maybe this is a way for Jerry to kind of test what Schottenheimer was talking about in his opening press conference where he said, I'm great with x's and o's, or excuse me, I'm good with x's and o's, but I'm great with people, and this is an opportunity to do that.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I cut you off.
Speaker 6: You can have a great culture, but you still need guys with an edge.
Speaker 4: I feel like every winning football team.
Speaker 6: When you think about great foot ball teams, even here in the past, I mean you think about Michael Irvin, and he was he was the ultimate picture of passion and you know, sometimes it might get a little over the boilover, but he's the playmaker. He made plays and you know, I'm not saying that George Picktens is gonna have the same impact Michael Irvin does, but in terms of the passion and how he demonstrates it, you need that.
Speaker 4: You need that.
Speaker 6: We can't just all be you know, putting our arms around each other doing the rockets.
Speaker 3: Stand by name name.
Speaker 1: Championship team. Name a championship team in any sport where you can't point to say that's the guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, look at last year. I think Jalen Carter is that for Philadelphia. You can you can look at a lot of different guys on that roster that that have done.
Speaker 5: They got a few of them.
Speaker 1: Gardner Johnson and those guys out there with like you got you have multiple, I gotta have some.
Speaker 4: You gotta have some mean, mean guy like this. This is a nasty sport.
Speaker 5: It's not a nice game.
Speaker 6: They said, no, we're not. You know, it's not like rockabye baby. But when you put somebody down on the ground, you're hitting.
Speaker 1: You're hidden cast bro like you're trying to take people's soul every single place. But outside of that, let's look at the positive addition. Right, If this is going to be a run first team The most dangerous thing to a secondary is now play action. Right, it's now play action. Now you have two guys who legit can get behind your safeties. You have two guys that can run routes. When you think about some of the best combos in the NFL, right, we did this last week on Good Morning Football, the best receiving combos in the league. I started making the list. It's freaking extensive. Now, how many teams have nice one to two punches, Yeah, right.
Speaker 3: Your whole decision for maybe the Giants, but they have molite Bibbers. Who's still a doug facts. Yeah, most teams have a possession guy and a deep threat guy. That's usually the combination that you have. And in case of the Cowboys, both of these guys are possession guys. Both of these guys are deep threat guys. Oh and by the way, you have tight ends that can work underneath.
Speaker 1: Right. So when you start thinking about the identity of this team and what they're trying to do offensively, this goes with it.
Speaker 5: This keeps two safeties deep, honest, keeps two deep.
Speaker 1: Go ahead and roll down to one safety. I dare you if you roll down to one safety, that means that you are literally choosing which one of these guys that you want to double if you are doubling them, and if you're doubling one, one guy's isold.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, one of the conversations that I had when well before they even were in the mix for pickings or they were looking at trade and wide receiver. Actually I think it was before the draft. I was asked or I asked the question, what are you looking for in a wide receiver too? Where do you feel like you have to go? And the answer I got was they want somebody that if ced Lamb is completely shut down. Let's say he's completely taken out of the game, he's got two receptions for sixteen yards, that's it. Can someone else on this roster get you one hundred and fifty yards? Can somebody get you a buck fifty? If ceed Lamb's completely negated in the game plan and it just doesn't happen a lot. But if it does, does Jalen Tolbert get you one fifty? Does Cavante Turpin get you one fifty? Does Jonathan Mingo gets you one fifty? No, they didn't feel like that, and don't I don't disagree. I think they had to go get a guy, and all these other names that surfaced along the way, the ones that were on other teams that we can't talk about specifically on this show, the ones that were a free agency, like Amari Cooper. Do you feel like this year twenty twenty five, Amari Cooper could get you one fifty? Probably it's borderline he got Cleveland had some big games from Amari, but he would disappear at times too, So he's a buffalo. George Pickens exactly. George Pickens can get you one fifty. George Pickens can help set the table and be that guy outside of Ceedee Lamb. And so you have not one, but two guys that you can rely on specifically. So you said run first, offense and play action. I'm looking at this as they're saying they want to run the ball. They drafted an offensive lineman, They're going to be physical on the interior.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: Still a question market running back, but you've got two dogs at wide receiver. Do you feel like they can set that up the right way or is this going to be a pass heavy off this?
Speaker 1: I think they want to be two tight ends. Uh, you know, probably fifty percent of the time. And I think that they want to they want to run the ball, and then when you get nosy, they're gonna obviously, you got ced lamb, you're gonna throw the ball. You got your spickings, You're gonna throw the ball. But I think that in a perfect world they want to go two tight ends and they want to make you make some decisions, make some business decisions. Well, I thenk they want Ferguson and Schoolmaker on the field. They want CD and George Pickens on the field, and they'll put whatever running back, whatever running back back there because we have a beastable old line. Hopefully that's the intent to be able to move guys off the line of scrimmage, that's what they want. And then third, now situations depending on who's going to step up now to be a wide receiver, three, who's going to be the slot guy? You know, is it going to be a situation where I think it's either where Turpin can make this take steps forward right now. If Turpin makes steps forward, when you go to eleven personnel, now you can put CD in a slot and you put Turping outside if he develops that as a receiver, like we know that he his abilities will allow him to be he has to put it in the works.
Speaker 3: Played about two hundred snaps in the slot too last year.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean the versatility that you have. Have you ever looked at the specs of CD and Pickings like it's like almost identical. Yeah, like high weight speed is crazy.
Speaker 5: The I love the idea that, like, the best that you've seen the Dallas Cowboys offense over the past three or four years is when you're feeding CD Lamb far none. This move just gives that more credence. You are able to feed CD more when you have a guy like George Pickens on the outside who is a threat. What we've talked about before, the the how awful and sputtered along the offense was last year, it's because all we really had in terms of a threat was CD Lamb. You get another guy that's comparable, that's versatile, that you can do all these things with, it just opens that up for CD Lamb. But also you can throw to him. You know, come on, dude, I love.
Speaker 6: Think I think to add on to that, you know, part of where I think the Cowboys offense has been at their best with Dak Prescott is when he gets to play action, I think quarterback, I think.
Speaker 4: That's his best defense.
Speaker 5: They can fall for it right and years, you know.
Speaker 6: And Asaiah mentioned, Okay, if you want to bring a safety down, you're doubling one guy. Are you leaving George Pickens one on one? If he's covered by a corner, You're like, yeah, you know, we're good. Okay, somebody's in the scene as a tight end. Somebody's crossings as a tight end, or Jalen Tolb or something like that. So they've got options. And Dak Prescott is a smart enough quarterback to make the right decision most of the time. I think one of the things that I would like to see is how Brian Schottenheimer wants to use Jaden Blue because when you watch his tape at Texas, Steve Sarkisian loves the orbit motions and to get their running backs moving early before the snap and just get it quickly out to them in space. If you're going to run play action, can you incorporate that kind of stuff into it? And can you get Jayden Blue the ball in space? Because he's going to be a guy.
Speaker 4: Sort of like Cavante Turp. But I think they can fill them.
Speaker 3: They use both those guys as similarly, right, And.
Speaker 6: If you can get in on that and get them into open space, how does that change your offense?
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 6: Can you run the ball well enough to a point where they've got to respect that. I think there'll be more balanced than people think between run and pass. But there's a lot of fun things you can do with the players on this team now that you've got George Pickens.
Speaker 3: It's crazy how much they're going to have to build that balance. I was going through the stats from last year, updating the Spotterer boards, like I said last week, and one of the stats that jumped out of me was the fact that out of the three hundred and twenty seven first downs the Dallas had last year, one hundred and ninety two were through the air and only ninety eight were on the ground. They had ninety four more first downs through the air than they had on the ground last year, which is a wild statistic. If you're wanting to try and find a balance, there's a lot of imbalance there. Now we've got to take our first Brock. I know, what do you want to say? Go ahead and at it, because we're going to talk to schedule.
Speaker 1: I'm just being a football nerd. I'm just I'm ready to until you're excited about it. No, I'm excited about today. Say I'm in Pittsburgh. Yeah, I'm very excited about the potential. I'm my thought they just came across my head that nobody else probably cares about, is I'm intrigued, and I'm interested in seeing what the offensive line splits look like. I care, Yeah, I care. I want to see what the splits are like. Thinking about blue everybody here cares. Yeah, I mean, but I'll know home. I don't know if our listeners understand the complexity.
Speaker 3: And well, then we've got to teach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got to teach them.
Speaker 3: We'll go to teach.
Speaker 5: We'll teach them up.
Speaker 3: It's a long way to a lot of them. Do a lot of football, all right, a lot of football to go, including eighteen games eighteen weeks of a schedule, not eighteen games. Yeah, it's coming up. But we're the first game, baby, first game of the year. What happened to the Eagles late in the schedule. We'll talk about how the Cowboys are going to open against the defending Super Bowl champs. When we come back with more talking cowboys right after this. If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grow grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee Today.
Speaker 9: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, secure.
Speaker 10: Five G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you.
Speaker 3: For dy deals.
Speaker 11: It's the official min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liftball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 3: That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 7: If you shout how about them Cowboys? You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the.
Speaker 5: Game day lineup that can't be beat better.
Speaker 7: Yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold doctor pepper for everyone.
Speaker 5: The wins will be even tastier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 3: To the Talking Cowboys, Talking Cowboys. This segment has brought to you by in vis A Line, the official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys. A lot of smiles around Dallas lately. The George Pickens trade You got the Stars in Action Game four tonight with Picks one lead over the Winnipeg Jets, Go Stars, Go Hooper flag is going to be a Dallas Mavericks secure the number one pick in the NBA Draft lottery. The Rangers just got to five hundred again, twenty one and twenty one with a win last night over the Colorado Rockies and then tonight, excuse me, tomorrow night, the Cowboys schedule will be released.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 3: It's a good week.
Speaker 5: I Tune in America Stream one six thirty on Dallas Cowboys Dot.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you said that in like a like a weird voice, but it actually is a really cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you talk to them about that's serious.
Speaker 3: You've got to You've got to tune into that. Yeah, that's my normal voice, Kyle, That's is yes, tell him again one pm to six thirty. Micah Osa, Tyler Smith and CD Lamb are hosting a stream for five and a half hours leading up to the whole schedule release from the NFL.
Speaker 1: Cool as a League.
Speaker 3: It is really cool.
Speaker 4: I think it's gonna be a cooloise.
Speaker 1: You didn't get made the cut.
Speaker 6: We could have had a collab with uh, We're doing a show, cowboys collab.
Speaker 3: We're doing a show out there. We are, Yeah, Patrick's going to be There's going to be there, Isaiah's gonna be. Okay, I'm gonna be there. Get your invite.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't, Oh weird your stick back.
Speaker 3: We're not actually doing a show out there, but it would be fun.
Speaker 5: It would be fun just the social team. That's a really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They did a great shot, really big deal.
Speaker 1: Good job.
Speaker 3: So America's stream is what it is.
Speaker 1: That's a cool name.
Speaker 3: And don't high five me. I didn't kind of so our YouTube comment of the day, Rashad says, where is Isaiah's neck? And then he had a lot of weightlifting emojis after the shoulder started.
Speaker 1: As h bro, He's just I haven't The thing is I haven't lifted all I've been doing is cardio?
Speaker 5: Give me a broco lesson, Dude, give me bro I got.
Speaker 1: I am trying not to lift weights.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, trying not to.
Speaker 1: Like you gotta like stop yourself from doing no because if I lift weights, I get I get too big. So right now, I'm just doing all cardio.
Speaker 5: And weightlifters a lot ons right exactly where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Seriously, I'm doing all cardio right now. Someone in the bathroom with a very church has inspired I've seen do you have seen very lately? Barry's like one hundred and twenty two pounds. Yeah, really, Yeah, Barry's been playing. He's running. No, he's running. Oh, Barry's been running everywhere.
Speaker 5: Wow, forget shouts to be from Ohio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, be from Ohio. Yeah. He inspired me. So I'm trying to unbig my back hashtag right now.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's why you gave us all the shirts this morning, said Jim rat.
Speaker 1: I'm sure Fight Year.
Speaker 3: They are pretty sure you are. I wish you were a sponsor. You gotta get up there. It's a good I am kind of walking sponsor.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We have a gym.
Speaker 3: All right. Cowboys Eagles Week one freaking go Thursday night in the opener.
Speaker 1: Of the year.
Speaker 3: The Eagles will be hanging a super Bowl banner at Lincoln Financial Field in front of the album.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you know who's gonna be working on that Thursday night?
Speaker 3: We are, right, and then we're gonna turn around and be back on Friday. Hey, look, we've got a graphic there. It is NFL Kickoff.
Speaker 5: That's right, we'll be on the dot com side of fact. What's bald fade? Let's go will be in his face?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 3: There you go, locked down, NBC Peacock. It's gonna be a big night Thursday night, and then the Cowboys have to wait until they're Week two matchup with a little early mini bye. My question to you is, of course, Brian Schottenheimer's making his debut and he's going to do it on the road against Philadelphia first week of the year, defending Super Bowl champs. All of those things line up, But you would you rather this early, that trip to Philadelphia early, or have it later in the season one way or the other.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm kind of mad that this is not an international game. Honestly, ky I feel like they just don't want Dallas to play you on international games. How many years. Has has been ready for a while.
Speaker 3: Twenty seventeen was the last.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's madness, right, all these you can tell you eleven international games, we don't get none of them, crazy, but you know we got the first game. I like the fact that you start off with the Eagles. I like it. You get an idea of where you're at early. Yeah, right, you get whether you win or whether you lose. Obviously you want to win, but whether you win or whether you lose, you're gonna learn a lot about your team that day, and you will be able to make adjustments, and you will have time to make adjustments prior to your second game in a season. So win or lose as long as it's competitive, as long as you have an identity that day, you try to impose your will on them and you find out where you're at. Obviously you hope that you end up with a dub at the end of the day, but either way, I think that you will have a good idea of where you stand with your team because you have just played the Super Bowl champs.
Speaker 5: And it allows you to not get too high or too low, because if you beat the Eagles, you do it on a team that just played definitely late, a lot later than you have, and I think at least for the Cowboys, it's like, don't let that get to your head. If you win that game, it is an early barometer of what you said. You have an idea of what the team is going to be, and then you build from there. First game is not always an indication of who's going to win this who knows. See many many times we saw a tea the Lion, the Lions beat the Kansas City Chiefs opening night? Was that two years ago?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Was it hot last year?
Speaker 5: Indicator of anything? Yeah, you gotta stick, you gotta play, And I love it, especially for a Brian Schottenheimer who it's like, you're taking this job, and this is what you're taking this job for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go under the lights, prime time on the road.
Speaker 5: Don't interview for this job unless unless you want to be in a situation like this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right into the fire.
Speaker 1: I think you know.
Speaker 6: The interesting part is, like Asaiah made the point I was talking to Nick even about this yesterday's you don't really know what a team is until probably week two, I think he said, week two.
Speaker 4: I think maybe I give it a Nate says Thanksgiving, I wouldn't trust him more.
Speaker 6: But you know that that first game is always so interesting because you've just got a bunch of pent up, like, oh, finally we get to play somebody that's not us, like you've been practicing against each other for so long. And in the Cowboys case, it's interesting because they've got to sit out there for however many minutes before the game and watch the Eagles put up a super Bowl banner and it's their biggest rival on the opening night, So that hasn't led a fire under your belly as a competitor, and you don't really have.
Speaker 1: A great football team.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I mean, if that doesn't get you fired up and ready to play, then then that's get to play.
Speaker 4: I think that's telling. Yeah, you got to try to play.
Speaker 6: Spoiler obviously, you know, regardless of whether they come out of there with a winner a loss, it's not going to derail their season or you know, say they're going to the super Bowl, but it's it's an early chance for Brian Schottenderheimer to show, Okay, this we've been talking about, Hey, we're gonna play physical, we're going to run the football, and we're gonna have a great culture it is. This is the spotlight for him to do that, not just in front of Cowboys fans and Eagles fans, but in front of the entire football world. So he's got a chance to show, Hey, his dad had Marty ball, What's what's what's shotty ball?
Speaker 1: What's what's Brian ball?
Speaker 3: I feel like sounds like somebody's name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like what shotty ball look like?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: And so he's got a chance to prove he goes. He has a chance to show people what that is and it's it's cooking to the way it cooks up. Is for him to have a really good chance.
Speaker 5: To do that, they'll be shaking in your boots, buddy, it's time to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get after it. The one thing about this game, too, is that lead into week two, that extra couple of days because you get the benchmark, you get that opportunity early, and then you get to reset and go for the rest of your schedule. It's not like it's a preseason game, because it certainly counts and there's a lot you can gain from it, but you get that extra many buy to go into week two, and it's I mean most likely we don't know what the schedule is going to look like, but most likely that would be your home opener or another I mean either or most likely going to be your home opener. You get a chance to come home after a little couple days of rest, go up against the team that you could possibly beat in week two and other guys.
Speaker 1: You get to watch football. That's the other thing from a player standpoint. You know, obviously you play that game on Thursday, you get a couple of days of rest, and then on Sunday, most likely there's gonna be a day where you're allowed to sit and watch the rest of the league. Right, just see, Hey, okay, this is what you've already watched your film multiple times over by that point. Now you get to sit back on that Sunday and watch everybody else, right, you just see, Okay, how do we fair in comparison to everybody else? What is the rest of the league doing? Right? What are some of the schemes that they're doing? What are some of the offense? Like you get a chance to look at it, you know, back away from your own team and see what everybody else is doing. I think that's invaluable.
Speaker 5: You get to do a little survey.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, give the entire league.
Speaker 4: You have to do a survey.
Speaker 6: But I think it sets up pretty well for this coaching staff too, from a game plan perspective, because now, I mean, you've got all the time in the world anyways for your first week game, but you can look at look ahead a little bit and start piecing things together as far as the Eagles go, and then you've got a couple extra days to relax and get ready to recover physically and then get ready for the next team that you're playing. So it sets up well from a scheduling standpoint to where you can come into Week two pretty refreshed playing against a team that does not have as long as a break as you have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the rest of the schedule comes out seven o'clock tomorrow Central time. Seven o'clock Central Time is when everything will be released, and we'll get to talk about kind of the rest of the schedule next week on Talking Cowboys. Is this Eagles game. I'm excited about it. I think it's gonna be a lot of fun Thursday night. You get the entire league on top of you. By the way, the uh Chris Beam said twenty fourteen against the Jags was the last four.
Speaker 5: That's a long time, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Played in over a decade. That's why there's a reason for it.
Speaker 1: There is I mean Thanksgiving, I get it.
Speaker 3: Well, not even Thanksgiving. But the ratings from a Cowboys standpoint is going to be the same whether you're playing in Carolina or in London, and they're not going to try and disrupt a whole lot of that. I think it's a ratings thing more than anything.
Speaker 4: I feel like they'll get one soon.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they'll have to at some point. You got to be in the rotation.
Speaker 5: Can we given a poem game either? Baby?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I thought this was going to be the game to the year. Yeah, because they literally have a ton of international games. They're going to Madrid, they're going to the London, They're going to uh with Dublin, They're going to they're all over.
Speaker 3: The Week one, they're in sal Paolo, Brazil, Chargers versus a TVD opponent h September twenty eighth, it is the Vikings and the Steelers in Dublin, Ireland. That's gonna be sweet, that's awesome. And then the Vikings stay in Europe. They go Week four in Dublin.
Speaker 5: Week five, the pre gaming in Dublin, the.
Speaker 3: Vikings play the Browns the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Speaker 1: Like the Vikings get two games international back to back. You know what I'm saying. Come on, they could have given one of those of Dallas.
Speaker 3: I mean the week six Broncos Jets in London, Week seven Rams Jags in London, Week nah or Week ten Falcons Colts in Germany.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like that's in the Jags, like statute of limitation, Like, yeah, we're playing, We're playing in London every year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well there he has they're the favorite to possibly move over there.
Speaker 1: Well he has a soccer team over there too. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Week eleven Commanders Dolphins in Spain.
Speaker 5: That's the spun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know anyase.
Speaker 3: All right, I've got a game for you, guys. I got a game coming up on the other side of the break. I want to rank blind rank all seventeen games. Can't look at him. It's gonna come randomly and you got to just throw a number on it.
Speaker 1: What division playing each other?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you right after the break with more talking cowboys.
Speaker 9: After this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheatah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew.
Speaker 3: At and T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure five.
Speaker 10: G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your areas. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 12: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agen Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deer equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the feet legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf.
Speaker 1: And sports turf equipment.
Speaker 12: United Agon Turf the official lagonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 1: Hey, y'all.
Speaker 8: Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetie dot com. Check it out today. YETI Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 10: We're going to overtime Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 13: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash Erica by your side. Bank of America, Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses me. Very digital tool featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap maybe recorded and monitored for qualit assurance message data rates. Additional terms may apply Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys. Back here on Talking Cowboys with Tommy Yarish, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah Stanback, I'm Kyle Yeomans with Chris Beam in the back. I disagree, all right, this is going to be based on toughness. Schedule toughness based on the divisional opponents, the conference opponents, and the interconference opponents that the Cowboys are going to face this year. Of course, you get two games against the NFC East, you get one game each, two on the road, two at home against the NFC North this year that's the Packers, Vikings, Bears, and Lions. Your conference opponents this year end up being the Cardinals and the Panthers. Your interconference opponents out of the AFC West are the Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos, Raiders. And then based on the division placement last year, your interconference opponent is on the road against the New York Jets. So we've got seventeen games. We're gonna rank these blindly one through seventeen, and I'll keep track of it starting with at the Detroit Lions. Tough game. Right off the jump, Where do you go in your ranking one through seventeen? Just place them this early one. You got to put them pretty high, right, So.
Speaker 1: We're saying one is the most difficult.
Speaker 3: We're saying one is the most difficult, seventeen is the least difficult.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna say Detroit is number one.
Speaker 3: You're gonna put them all the way at the top. That's right at Detroit.
Speaker 1: Why because Detroit is one heck of a team, and we've struggled with Detroit and their physicality in Detroit is difficult as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll go three.
Speaker 5: I'm going three.
Speaker 3: You can go three. So a score of two to one, we're gonna put that one at three. Sorry, Isaiah Demon but at Lions is at number three? All right? Cardinals at home, Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 5: Josh at home.
Speaker 3: Give me.
Speaker 5: Sixteen sixteen.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wow, you think it's a pretty easy game, then it should be.
Speaker 4: Should be.
Speaker 5: We'll see is those fourteen Cardinals fourteen?
Speaker 3: Okay, by a score of two to one, We're gonna go fourteen Cardinals. There you go, Thank you, Beamer. I think he agrees in the back at home against the Vikings.
Speaker 13: JJ.
Speaker 3: Mcaudy, I heard justin Jefferson.
Speaker 1: JJ. Let's go with J six five for me?
Speaker 3: Okay, I can go with five. I'm with five, Isaiah, you think.
Speaker 1: Your ground, sir? Six?
Speaker 3: Okay, six, So we're gonna go with six.
Speaker 5: All right, there you go.
Speaker 3: So at number six, you've got the Vikings. Next one is at the Giants.
Speaker 14: Oh no, oh no, fifteen sixteen, sixteen sixteen, all right, okay, at the Giants at sixteen, all right.
Speaker 3: Next one is the Packers at home in Bay. At home. You never really seem to beat them here.
Speaker 5: That's a revete.
Speaker 3: That's a tough one.
Speaker 5: Maybe that'll be tough. But I don't know. Man, give me a We are of six, don't we?
Speaker 3: Yep, have a six? We have a three? What was the Cardinals? I think I messed up the Give me a four?
Speaker 4: Four, give me four. I would go five.
Speaker 3: Okay, two, you're that far up there, So we'll go. We'll go split the difference. We'll put them at four. Oka, So Packers at four.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: So now we've got the Bears on the road.
Speaker 5: Come on, Tommy, Tommy, start on this one.
Speaker 4: Here we go, I feel like the Bears are gonna be really good this year.
Speaker 10: What yea?
Speaker 6: I think you'd look at Kayleb Williams year two. Ben Johnson's got a lot of weapons he can use.
Speaker 1: Not convince, but I think I would go. They got Al Harris Man live other.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Thanks, all right.
Speaker 4: I'm high on the Bears. I think five or seven.
Speaker 5: Of course you are give me eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna go give me eight.
Speaker 3: I'll talk with that going eight. That Bears and it's on the road, so there's that element to it. At the Bears at eight, all.
Speaker 5: Right, come back to this later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's what we're gonna We're gonna end up hurting after after that one's over.
Speaker 15: There's gonna be some tough games that you guys gonna have. We're gonna have well Kansas City at twelve, guys, exactly. Everything is already taking on this blind ranking. I saw this idea on Instagram, and we're just gonna go buy it, all right.
Speaker 3: Uh, the Eagles at home, Eagles at home, You've got one, two, five, seven, Oh.
Speaker 1: Give me five.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry you said open my bad?
Speaker 3: Yeah five open yeah. At the Jets.
Speaker 5: Seven seventeen oh yeah, low, yeah, low, low, low.
Speaker 3: Hound abouts say seven exactly available?
Speaker 1: Yea one.
Speaker 5: I thought you said that's all we have.
Speaker 3: We've got one, two, seven, nine, ten, eleven, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, seventeen, fiventeen me fifteen fifteen, you said seventeen, you said seventeen seventeen. He said, it's the easiest game of the year at the Jets. All right, I don't know about that one.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 3: Carolina's on the schedule. Yeah, Carolina's on the schedule. The Giants at home is on the schedule. You literally haven't lost to them. And hey, guys, how long U We just don't.
Speaker 4: Want New York hereSince sixteen.
Speaker 3: At the Giants. Then you got the you've got at the Jets. I haven't had a home games Giants.
Speaker 4: All right, whatever's lower, whatever's lowest.
Speaker 5: Next what there's always a chance to split when you played next week?
Speaker 3: All right, alright, guys, command at home Olden game against the Commanders. We will have the road game, most top five, top ten.
Speaker 1: What we have available.
Speaker 3: We have one, two and seven and nine and ten available. Let me just run down home or nine at home? Nine? Okay, I agree, nine seven, So we'll go with nine. So Commanders at home. Here's what we have so far. This is not gonna look good. Guys, One and two are open, Three is the Lions on the road, Four is the Packers at home. Five is the Eagles at home. Six is the Vikings at home. Seven is open at the Bears is at eight. I don't know about that one, guys. Nine is the Commanders at home. Ten open, eleven open, Cardinals at twelve at home, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen are open, and then sixteen is at the Giants, seventeen at the Jets. All right, so next one is at the Broncos on the road against the Broncos.
Speaker 5: Oh, that'll be sneaky tough.
Speaker 3: Top ten available, sneak uh one, two, seven and ten?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, give me seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd go seven, guys, I'll go ten.
Speaker 3: We'll go to Chiefs and Eagles and Chargers. You going ten?
Speaker 5: I'm going where are you going?
Speaker 4: Ten?
Speaker 1: Ten?
Speaker 3: Okay? So at Broncos, will go ten. You're going seven there, Isaiah, Yeah, you would have been all right, Chargers at home eleven. That seems like a perfect eleven. Yeah, what's that about?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Chargers at home? Okay? And then we're gonna go with the Commanders on the road.
Speaker 5: That's tougher. He said, seven is open.
Speaker 3: Available, seven is available. That's seven. I think. So one and two? Are you guys saving one and two for the reigning Super Bowl champions champions?
Speaker 6: Probably I had to trade on Yeah, detrade stuff, I would go Kansas City one.
Speaker 5: I would flip those.
Speaker 3: At the Panthers, Uh, what's the last got thirteen fourteen.
Speaker 5: And fifteen fifteen? Giants?
Speaker 3: You still have the Giants at home?
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 3: I haven't done that one. Yeah, you think it's you think this is easier. Yeah, at Panthers at fifteen? All right?
Speaker 5: Going to the Chiefs one, No.
Speaker 3: Two too at home against Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs two. That's available to one and two. Those are the only two top ten available. This is gonna be weird because it's one and two. Then you got thirteen fourteen as the final four two. Okay, where are you going? You're trying to decide?
Speaker 5: Oh, where are you going?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I would put it at two. I'd say at the Eagles is one?
Speaker 4: I say Chiefs one?
Speaker 3: Still you would put them at one? Yeah, I don't know. At the Raiders A Raiders fourteen fourteen, thirteen and fourteen.
Speaker 5: Oh wait, with thirteen fourteen left, yeah, thirteen.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'd go fourteen fourteen.
Speaker 5: Okay, so we'll put it at Giants, though.
Speaker 3: You do have the Giants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Giants are gonna be competitive, do you think?
Speaker 3: So At Eagles is at number one? Number one two, but we've already got yeah, we've already had two taken. So At Eagles is one, and then thirteen is the last game of the year at home against the Giants. Here's our final ranking. It's not terrible at the Eagles at home against the Chiefs, at the Lions at home against the Packers, Eagles, Vikings at the Commanders at Bears, Commanders at home at the Broncos as ten, So that rounds out the top ten. Then it goes Chargers, Cardinals, Giants at home, Raiders, Panthers, Giants, and Jets all on the road.
Speaker 5: I might flip the Jets game with.
Speaker 3: With the Panthers the fifteen and seventeen. I think I would flip thirteen and seventeen. I would put the Jets above the Raiders and Panthers, but I would have the Giants as the final two.
Speaker 1: On these you guys think we match it better against Detroit than Philly.
Speaker 3: I mean, neither one of them have really both run the ball really well.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying it's a great.
Speaker 1: There is the number one. The toughest matchup, that's hard.
Speaker 6: I think they match up better against Philly honestly than they do Detroit too.
Speaker 5: But but you got to play them twice, and I guarantee you you lose one of those. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a tough.
Speaker 5: It's a toss up for me with the Lions because we played them really well two years ago. Last year, of course, we got killed.
Speaker 3: But I don't know. I wonder what the chat would say. What would you put Eagles? Which one do you chat?
Speaker 5: Are we cooked?
Speaker 3: Which one do you match up better against?
Speaker 1: The Eagles?
Speaker 3: Lions or Chiefs? Which one do you match up against between the two? I want to see what the chat says across the board. Why do you think the Lions are a tougher matchup?
Speaker 1: I just think that they're well balanced all around. I think that they have one heck of a running game, one heck of a passing game. I think that they're they're They're pass rush is nasty. I think they're relentless on defense. I think they have a nice little tanem at cornerback now that can go out there and cause you some issues, while their front seven can get after your quarterbacks. I just think that they're stout team, man.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: The only reason why they did didn't go all the way last year, in my opinions, because of injury.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and how do you stop the run too? You know you can't.
Speaker 1: Teams and I mean you can't.
Speaker 3: Yeah against the Eagles and the Lions.
Speaker 1: Both teams offensively are nasty. The only difference is well, now Philly has a one to two punch too. They picked up AJ Dillon.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm, so good luck with that stop the run.
Speaker 1: He's he's juggernaut. Yeah. I mean so from that sense, when you look at their offenses, I think Detroit's more dangerous the the.
Speaker 3: The chat is leaning Lions a little bit toward the Eagles. Not a ton of love here for the for the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Though, Chiefs, they got a lot of work to do. I think that they had injuries last year too. You remember they played their whole entire year without their number one receiver. Yeah, so he's back.
Speaker 5: Best QB in the game though, Ken knock him for sure.
Speaker 3: A lot of people Tristan said, Dak is four and one against the Eagles in the last five games. Was those were different Eagles teams.
Speaker 5: And Dak and Jalen Hurts have only gone up against each other three times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not a lot. They've They've kind of been in and out one way or the other between the two of them. But why do you think the Chiefs are the toughest.
Speaker 6: I think Patrick Mahomes just in and of itself, like just makes it so difficult. And I think, you know, what he's able to do with at times in his career has not been the best receiving corps. I mean, you saw some of it last year when you know Travis Kelce is not necessarily what he used to be, and even when Kelsey was what he was, you know, you look at the receivers around him and it's not really great. I think that they've done a really good job and Andy Reid's a great play caller. So what they're able to do offensively as long as Mahomes is there, I think you've got a shot in any game. And then you think about you know, Steve Spagnola in that defense, you know what they were able to do last year to really help I thought carry the team to where they got. You know, they've still got a lot of good pieces coming back. Chris Jones in the middle of the defensive line is still really good. So there's a lot to like with Kansas City. And I think they're just a consistent winner that's always going to be in games and competing.
Speaker 4: It's just a hard team to win against.
Speaker 1: And I lost some guys on defense though they did.
Speaker 3: I would argue they have the best play caller in the league right now, and you've got Andy Reid.
Speaker 1: You've got to change both sides of the ball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, both guys. Yeah, Spag Maull and Red Like you would put both of those guys over almost anybody in their respective positions across the entire NFL. And it's like having two head coaches and two guys that are established enough to be head coaches that have just stuck around in Kansas City because they have something special going there. Yeah. I would still put the Lions first because I just me too. I their roster is almost impenetrable. Eagles and the Chiefs both lost a little bit, but they're so still so good that there's they deserve to be number two at number three.
Speaker 5: I just thought that correct.
Speaker 3: Is that at Chiefs. No, it's at Detroit is what it is, what it has here. Yeah, that's tough Detroit.
Speaker 1: I just feel like Detroit, Fordfield, Detroit that we know right this, this is gonna be a completely different Detroit. Right, We're gonna have to get accustomed to that. But I just think when you look at their roster, they don't have any weaknesses, right like they legit have no weaknesses in there, and they continue to act and they're relentless. That's that's the other intangible. They're just relentless.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Those guys just keep coming.
Speaker 5: After you finish my black rovel coffee and think about.
Speaker 1: It and think about it a little bit.
Speaker 3: This is also the first time since that controversial ending in twenty twenty three that Dallas will have played at ford Field too, so that crowd is going to be nuts, unreal nuts. It's gonna be a lot, all right. That does it for us? Here on talking Cowboys. Remember America's stream tomorrow one pm Central Time, leading up until the schedule release seven o'clock. You can hear Micah cd OsO di Gizua and then Tyler Smith, the four players, and plus a ton of special guests like really big name guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I watch the whole thing. You had none better to do on it, and you.
Speaker 3: Know it's gonna be a big thing.
Speaker 5: One o'clock Street, Dallas Cowboys dot.
Speaker 3: Josh might leak the schedule between now and then, you know what I mean, all right, but well then the entire schedule will be released at seven o'clock and we'll be back next week to talk about it and break it all down for Tommy Ourrish, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stand back Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yellmans saying so long from Talking Cowboys. We will see you next week.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.