Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong and Joe Katty Armstrong and Jettie and He.
Speaker 2: Arms Drawn.
Speaker 3: From studio CE season yours, Rae, And we're in a dimly lit room deep within the bowels of the Armstrong and Getty Communications compound.
Speaker 2: And hey y'all today we're under the tutelage of our general manager.
Speaker 3: It's a conservative's nightmare. Mom Danny in the White House just for a visit, thankfully. Oh jeez, He and Trump, this could be spicy.
Speaker 2: Woo does he call it?
Speaker 3: Caroline Levitt, press secretary, the annoyingly voiced MAGA superstar, called him a communist just yesterday from the pulpit of the press room. Tensions running high zor run Monadnie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's not quite right.
Speaker 2: Who's that quoting yesterday? Oh yeah, Brian kill Meat from Fox and Fred said this is going to make that first Trump Zelensky meeting look like nothing. I'd be exciting, hout if that happens, because there are no the stakes are so low. It's not like with Zelensky and Trump, which I was horrified by, because the stakes are incredibly high. The stakes are very low on some sort of blow up between Trump and the communist This is entirely entertainment and just a show, just a show, Trump will say. If it does get ugly, Trump will certainly overreact in a way that you know is unconstitutional or unimplementable, and his vows of vengeance will just be forgotten.
Speaker 1: But about how.
Speaker 2: About his truth social yesterday at the senators of the Whole Traders punishable by death. Oh, that's a heck of a thing for a president's it's a bit much. It's a different approach to the presidency. Now, I hate that video they put out. We talked about it yesterday. We didn't have the audio. We'll have to play it for you today, with all the different senators saying disobey orders, disobey orders, disobey orders on if you're given an illegal order, disobey it. And I don't know what they're trying to do here exactly, but that's that's not cool. That's really really uncool.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's the purest sort of performative twenty first century grand standing, It really is.
Speaker 2: But then as we ratchet up everything further, or as I like to regularly say a race to the bottom. Trump then goes with these senators have committed treason. They should be shot or hung or whatever reasoned peddally.
Speaker 3: Is death right exactly hurl them in the Potomac and put it. How about a ducking stool. If they if they drown, their innocent. If they float, they're a heretic. It must be hanged then.
Speaker 2: Or I mentioned this, I was listening to a podcast about the whole witch hunt phenomenon of that period in the Middle Ages, which it eventually came to our shores. I think that is underappreciation. It really is of.
Speaker 1: What it reveals about human nature. But I'll let you have the floor.
Speaker 2: It reveals about human nature, also reveals about the spread of information, because the printing press is what really allowed that to happen. You had this new fangled media thing. Try to try to see if you can think of an analogy. A new media product showed up on the landscape that was able to disseminate information to many many people cheaply and quickly for the first time ever, and everybody thought it would herald a new era of peace and love. Because I can't think of a parallel, but go on. But it turned out that if crack pots put out disinformation, it traveled just as fast as like good medical advice or anything like that, and everybody bought it. But for some reason, just thinking that, well it's on this printed paper, so it must be true, you know, kind of like people go with, well it's on the internet, so it must be true. And then this crackpot and this is what I didn't know. I'd never heard before. I wish I had the name of it. He wrote this long book. It's a book, really, He wrote this book about witches and everything like that.
Speaker 1: It was all anger.
Speaker 2: About some woman at his church who had mocked him and walked out of one of his sermons, and that drove his whole thing about hating women and coming up with this whole witch idea. And if you see him doing this or that, if something, you know, if the cattle are dying in your village, it's probably the chick on the end of the vid who was not married. He also had this thing about unmarried women. And a whole bunch of people had died, I think, in the Thirty Years War, and so there weren't many men around, and there were a lot of unmarried women, and everybody thought that was just a societal change. We cannot have all these things factored together for the witch hunts. And then they started doing what Joe's just saying.
Speaker 1: There she's a witch.
Speaker 2: His first trial went poorly, and then he came up with the brilliant idea, well, this is what you do. You set them on fire and if they if they burn, they're not a witch. If they don't burn, they're a witch, and all that sort, and the people bought that.
Speaker 3: People bought a mister, minister stir, I get I gotta say this, all right, there's no being innocent in your little system.
Speaker 2: Bit of a head's eye wind tails, you lose situation. It's see, they're dead, is the thing.
Speaker 1: So that seems like kind of a bump in the road here, you.
Speaker 3: Know, it strikes me that And I'd love to reanimate Mark Twain in the grizzly Frankenstinian experiment. If he wrote in the I think it was the eighteen hundreds or the very very early nineteen hundreds, that a lie makes it around the world, Well, the truth is putting on its shoes. What would he say about the Internet age? Good Lord? Book length lies get memorized by millions. Well, the truth is putting on its very expensive Nike shoes.
Speaker 1: Well, and then I guess they'd be yeah, Eric Jordan's Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just the the idea that this new technology is going to bring peace and love and everything to the world in a way we've never seen also sounds a little bit like the most optimistic people about AI saying, oh, no, this will be heaven on earth for all human beings in a way that has never been. Okay, you're told this about the bringing press and the Internet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember expressing to my kids.
Speaker 3: I think it was my kids I said this to first years ago when we were talking about religion in general and Christianity and the history of it. And they were going to woker schools than I realized at the time, although not nearly like today. And and they, you know, asked the questions about, you know, the history of Christianity, a lot of like wars and killings and forced conversions and stuff like that. And I told them, look, if you put anything in the hands of human beings, they will screw it up. They will make it ugly, they will make it selfish to serve their own you know, purposes, and there has to be real after reform because we are human beings, including our relationship with God. If indeed, my good friends you believe in God, of course.
Speaker 1: We screw it up. That's what humans do.
Speaker 3: So yeah, AI is although, as you keep pointing out, I keep thinking, okay, I understand human nature. Therefore I have an idea where AI is going. And then you always say yeah, but when it's running itself, then what, well we'll see you know, I read and this is an interesting notion. Giant tech booms of the past, from you know, the cotton gin of the printing press to whatever always came with them. Some angst, but a great deal of excitement and anticipation, like the dot com boom slash bubble. People are very excited about that seems cool and interesting. The percentages of people who feel optimism versus foreboding over AI is very low. Large majorities of people are like, I'm not comfortable with this.
Speaker 1: Wow. You know, only.
Speaker 2: PhD experts and people invested are the people that I hear optimism from. I don't know if I've heard optimism from any regular person about this.
Speaker 3: Is a person who can create super intelligence, perhaps a witch I'm.
Speaker 1: Just asking questions. But he's a witch? Are we not allowed to ask questions?
Speaker 3: Now? Perhaps these people are witches, and burnings of witches certainly has.
Speaker 1: Been a thing. I'm just asking questions.
Speaker 2: So shoot Sam Altman into space and if he survives, he turns out he's not a witch.
Speaker 1: But right, seems fair to me.
Speaker 2: Let's start the show officially on a Friday. I'm Jack Armstrong. He's Joe Getty on this It is a Friday, Thanksgiving sneaking out.
Speaker 1: Ye set it with a D this time? Thank god the.
Speaker 2: Year November twenty first, the year twenty twenty five, or Armstrong in getting we approved of this program?
Speaker 1: All right, let's begin officially according to FCC rules regulations. Here we go, at Mark, remember.
Speaker 4: This the robot failed last week when a Russian humanoid bot just fell right on his face. Well, another humanoid robot dancing for Russian leaders, including Vladimir Putin, as part of an exhibition put on by Russia's largest bank. The robot named green There looking like he's popping and locking, was shown on Russian state TV during Putin's tour at the bank.
Speaker 1: Putin called it very beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yes, Katie, that guy just said popping and locking. Oh he said popping and locking.
Speaker 1: It's popping and locking.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what that means. Say hip hop dance sort of question. You do lock and drop it, you do popping in locking more than you hear anybody say popping and locking some of my joints exactly. That's me putting on my socks. Yes, Michael, My guess is the engineers that did the other robot fell out of windows. Yeah. I was just thinking, I'll bet putin when that was making the rounds around the world. World said, you get a robot that can perform well, and you get it to me fast, because we're gonna make a video with me standing in front of this robot and we're gonna put it out right away.
Speaker 1: No more failures.
Speaker 2: Stand next to this window.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm if I'm one of the guys with the first robot that fell on his face in hilarious fashion. I'm just calling the Kremlin and saying, look, I got a gun, I'll take care of it, don't bother. Well, how about the guy dragging the curtain across the stage?
Speaker 2: Ah, of course, you know the reason they were acting that way was that a fear for their life. It's not just us, Oh damn, my project failed. It's a I'm gonna be tortured to death because of this, which is not.
Speaker 1: An exaggeration.
Speaker 3: Well, beating up and hurled out a window. That's a rough way to go, but we all got to go sometime. Do we have that video at Armstrong in getty dot com? We certainly have it at Twitter. It's pretty darn funny.
Speaker 2: The guy trying to spread the curtain across the stage to cover up the robot that fell over is almost funnier than the robot falling over.
Speaker 1: Wow, poor guy.
Speaker 3: A lighter side of a totalitarian dictatorship, a lighter side of extra judicial killings.
Speaker 2: We've got popping and locking, that's right, popping in locking. We've got mail bagsine, golly, clips of the week.
Speaker 1: Stay here to talk about today.
Speaker 2: Not going to be a slow news day, I don't think so. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 3: We'll have fun. Oh yeah, guaranteed a lot of good misery. Tot oh, I let.
Speaker 1: It slip, surn it all right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: A lot of good stuff to come. Hope you can hang around. Let's figure out who's reporting what it's the lead story with Katie.
Speaker 5: Katie all right, of course, the top headline on the alphabet outlets. ABC Trump calls DEM's video to service members seditious behavior punishable by death.
Speaker 2: NBC Trump accuses.
Speaker 5: Democrats of seditious behavior punishable by death for urging military to ignore illegal orders, and then CNN the President suggested again his political opponents deserve to be executed.
Speaker 2: So that's accurate as it goes. If it were anybody else at any other point in our nation's history, it would have been holy crap. I would have be the response. You know, he's just shooting off his mouth. But President shall be saying that.
Speaker 3: I can't gripe against vague calls for political violence on the left. Now, come on, you say, over and over somebody ought to be executed.
Speaker 1: Some super patriots gonna decide.
Speaker 3: You know, he's right, I'm gonna execute him. It's it's terrible, it's indefensive, stupid.
Speaker 1: I'm through. I'm done. I don't even know what that means. I'm here, I have a contract, I have to work. Oh there's such a double standard.
Speaker 2: Somebody pointed out yesterday, and I thought, you know, it's right. Marjorie Taylor Green coming out and saying the President called me a trader. I no longer support the president. She's been on board with calling all kinds of people traders until she got called a trader. So she's not against the you know, the principle of calling people traders just was pointed at her built butch body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, kidding that too.
Speaker 3: She got to put on her tinfoil hat to protect yourself from the Jewish space lasers so they may get her.
Speaker 2: We all got to stop saying the other side is going to destroy the country. We just got to stop saying. But good luck with that.
Speaker 5: Jack from The Guardian, Congressman Rocanna Warren's.
Speaker 2: Officials to not impede Epstein file release quote they will be prosecuted. M There is going to be so much pressure to release as much info as possible.
Speaker 3: Fat the Fabulous Kim's strassel with a description of what it's going to be like going forward.
Speaker 1: Cool. I want to hear that with Larry Summers as an example. Yeah, absolutely horrible. Oh, I want to hear that.
Speaker 2: From the Washington Post.
Speaker 5: US pushing Ukraine to sign peace deal by Thanksgiving or lose support.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sign the peace steel by Thanksgiving or you lose you support.
Speaker 1: It's a surrender, surrendered to putin more to say on that coming warding him for his aggressions.
Speaker 5: From the Wall Street Journal, The web of Venezuelan leaders and generals accused of fueling.
Speaker 2: The cocaine trade really interesting. Yeah, the upper tier of their military is a drug cartel.
Speaker 1: Wow, partly just.
Speaker 3: Because they provide protection in a blind eye in exchange for millions of dollars in bribes to the Colombian producers to move the drugs through the country and distribute it to the North Americans and Europeans.
Speaker 2: Man, if you're a regular Venezuelan, just gonna just don't go fishing for a while.
Speaker 1: It's not big good. Hold off on you're fishing for a while.
Speaker 5: From Fox News, Holiday crime fears grow as quote jugging thieves target shoppers carrying cash and gips.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's jugging?
Speaker 2: It's a new trend, Joe.
Speaker 1: What is jugging?
Speaker 5: This when thieves follow people to the store or to the atm and then jump them basically right after they come out, okay with their cash.
Speaker 2: In their gifts.
Speaker 1: Why is that called jugging?
Speaker 2: I have I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's some urban thing. Jack popping and locking.
Speaker 5: Popping and locking from the New York like he's popping and locking.
Speaker 1: Okayving and grooving.
Speaker 2: From the New York Post six seven.
Speaker 5: Term that kids can't stop chanting might have historical roots dating back to the Shakespeare era.
Speaker 1: This is getting a lot of attention. Maybe we'll talk about that later.
Speaker 5: From study fines, should we eat dinner earlier in the winter?
Speaker 2: Why timing might matter more than you think.
Speaker 1: Another secret diet.
Speaker 2: That's it. It's exactly a top secret.
Speaker 5: And finally, from the Battlon b recovery nurse turns on the.
Speaker 2: News to get patients blood pressure back up after surgery.
Speaker 1: That's really good. That is so good man. I think we all enjoyed that, didn't we. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was just saying during the commercial break, we're gonna be on vacation for a little while. I'm looking forward to a little break from the news. I never take a complete break from the news, because I just am not built that way. But a little break from the news will be nice.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, certainly the the filter changes all you I will pay attention to.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, this will still be something when we get back to work. That's what's always interesting to look at and makes me wonder about some of the things that we end up talking about.
Speaker 1: There's lots of.
Speaker 2: Stuff that happened on a daily basis that will happen next week that I'll think nobody's gonna be talking about this by the time we come back to work. It's the big story of the day. Nobody will even remember it happened by.
Speaker 3: The time we come back the Monday after Thanksgiving, right because of the new way information circul And We've asked this question more than once, and I'm not sure I'm getting closer to an answer. Will human beings adopt to this never ending barrage of input slash shiny objects to pay attention to, things to pretend to be mad about, or or will it make us insane?
Speaker 2: Well, one of the way where ways we're adapting is we no longer read, So I don't know if that's a step in the right direction. We got a lot to catch up on. I hope you can figure.
Speaker 1: Around Armstrong and Getty white.
Speaker 2: House pressuring Zelensky to accept this new piece deal.
Speaker 1: It is very Russia favorable.
Speaker 2: Mark Alprin writing today, he's got a theory on why that's happening right now, we'll get to that later.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take upon look back at the week that was. It's the Friday tradition cow clips of the week.
Speaker 1: We got clip.
Speaker 2: Clips clips past bill compelling the Justice Department to release all files related to Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 4: But in twenty thirty, he's not going to be the president, and you will have voted to protect pedophiles.
Speaker 2: I was called a trader by a man that I fought for five no, actually six years for. I don't think her life is a danger.
Speaker 1: I don't think frankly, I don't think anybody cares about her.
Speaker 2: The bill demanding that the Justice Department released the Epstein files is now law Lingers say the letter T is being dropped from words like kitten, mountain and interview. But wait now, the fighters strip off their gloves and sit down.
Speaker 1: This is chest boxing got on to hoboes.
Speaker 3: Don't say locked it loaded, instead, try ready to go.
Speaker 6: So what we've literally done is unwitningly built an economy which is dependent upon our ability to evolve a new.
Speaker 2: Species of asocial asexual males.
Speaker 6: A fictional employee named Kyle was having an affair with a coworker named Jessica right away. The AI decided to blackmail Kyle. You said AI could wipe out half of all entry level white collar jobs and spike unemployment to ten to twenty percent in the next one to five years.
Speaker 2: Yes, your voice sounds a little rough for your fillinger.
Speaker 1: I feel great.
Speaker 2: I was shouting at people because they were stupid. President Trump says he plans to sell F thirty five fighter jets to Saudi Arabia coup your royal minus.
Speaker 5: The US intelligence concluded that you orchestrated the brutal murder of a journalist.
Speaker 4: You could ask it him a horrible, in subordinate and just a terrible question.
Speaker 1: I grabbed that hand. I don't give a hell where that hand's been. I that.
Speaker 6: Amid all this reports that you, a special envoy, Steve Whitgoff, had hashed out a twenty eight point piece plan with his Russian counterpart.
Speaker 1: It is a flying ID and so this ID ied ida impromised explosive device. They're cheap. You can three D print them at home. You guys are effing hacks.
Speaker 2: I hope you go off the air soon because radio is dead and you sucked. Wow, it's clips of the week. My voice is like this because I was yelling at people who are stupid.
Speaker 1: Hey, any change you can come up with that abusive text.
Speaker 3: That we heard the end of the I'll find it very difficult. It's referenced in mailbag coming up in a couple of months. Yes, we'll find bring it up. Speaking of slanderous information, as that text certainly was the fabulous. Kim Strassel the Wall Street Journal, writing today about well what she calls the Epstein Files, Washington goes tabloid. The revelations will titillate the public and destroy lives to no possible good effect.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: I think the answer to that, or the counter to that, would be, well, if we can identify more of the people who molested underage girls, and that number is probably in the few dozen, not a thousand that people are thrown around these days. But anyway, neither here nor there. But her point is, and her opening is TMZ in the National Inquiry are walking to a DC bar, fall in love and have a baby, and a scandal fest for the ages, which Congress delivers. And she points out what started as the Democrat's goal, and this is absolutely true. They were fixated on tying Donald Trump to Jeffrey Epstein to become a bonfire of the to burn up Trump. But it's going to become a bonfire of the political elite. And here's one of the key sentences, and it's worth keeping mind this about law enforcement. It will be fueled by correspondents, hearsay and accusations of the type that only law enforcement can compel and collect, and that are as a result, usually kept private private absent formal legal proceedings. It will give new meaning to gotcha, and it'll spare neither left nor right. It's worth pointing out the government can make me say things that are unprovable. But then if they're unprovable and they won't lead to any official government proceeding, they don't just say, hey, look there's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be no charges.
Speaker 3: But you can't believe the stuff Joe was saying about Jack.
Speaker 1: I mean, we don't want that right.
Speaker 2: I've heard some arguments about the whole Larry Summers thing, whether or not that's a good thing or a bad thing. I think it's clearly a bad thing. Did he do something bad? Yeah, but he didn't commit a crime.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 2: He's paying quite penalty now that could have leaked out without this or something, and that would have been his own doing.
Speaker 1: He brought this on himself. But that is a different question.
Speaker 3: Because what we're talking about here is not right and wrong, because he certainly behaved like a jerk. I don't know what the status of his marriage is, but to be plotting on how to successfully cheat with Jeffrey Epstein, it's pretty repugnant. But at the same time, but I'm sorry, this is not a question right or wrong, question of government restraint, government protecting our rights, as opposed to just spewing out all the gossip it hears all the time at the point of a gun or subpoena, which is not cool anyway, Kim points out quite aptly.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 3: That the stakes in the game were changing this past weekend when Trump, after months of resisting, suddenly called for a full disclosure, and he openly broadcast his reason for the turnabout quote. Epstein was a Democrat, and he's the Democrats problem, not the Republican problem. Ask Bill Clinton, Read Hooff, and Larry Summers about Epstein.
Speaker 1: They all know about him. It was a clear warning.
Speaker 3: If Democrats intend to weaponize the files, Republicans would weaponize harder they're calling it nuclear mutually assured destruction, although Congress wasn't paying attention so or they didn't care or didn't think that was important. And then she talks about Larry Summers. The text exchanges contained nothing remotely illegal or related to Epstein's crimes. They weren't at all, yet are cringeworthy enough to have forced mister Summers to take a leave from Harvard. Missile two splattered on another Democrat, Stacey Plaskett, the US Virgin Island's delegate to the House, text messages from twenty nineteen Shore corresponding with Epstein during a congresional hearing about how to question a Trump witness. It was Michael Cohen Footpolls Republicans initiating the censure vote, and she narrowly avoided the most serious censures that showed Michael Wolfe, Trump antagonist would be slayer of the powerful, moonlighted as a PR advisor to the sex convict. Now they're going to go after Clinton. Why are you on the Lalita Express more than once? I think Comer is also digging into documents showing in twenty thirteen of fundraising and PR firm pushing Hakim Jeffries, who's now the House minority leader, invited Epstein to a campaign fundraising dinner, etc.
Speaker 1: Etc.
Speaker 2: And then the question is, as we were talking about last couple of days, is this setting a new precedent where all the information will come out on all kinds of investigations, right?
Speaker 3: And then Kim goes on and again this is you know, I think we all knew part of this, but when you hear it spelled out, you start to realize the depth of the risk here. Former federal prosecutor Jim Trusty enumerated to me in a recent podcast, the more sensitive material that maybe to come recordings, videos, witness statements, in depth notes from prosecutors debating unproven conspiracies, brains charges of obstruction or collusion, or false statements that are never brought because they realized, Nah, that really didn't pan out.
Speaker 1: No, I was wrong.
Speaker 3: But those notes still exist from the point at which they were saying, you know, I think Jack Armstrong may have been colluding with this company. Then they dig into it and realize twenty seven pages later, no peace, claim we're good, but those notes accusing you still exist and will come out. Then it will be incumbent on you to I don't know, hire a PR firm and say no, no, no, no. Twenty seven pages later, it was good. They made clear, let me explain and please you won't have a chance. Uh search warrants and their results from Holmes emails, social media, financial records. An investigator's job is to leave no stone unturned, no matter how distant from the subject or crime, and Epstein dedicated his social life to amassing a heap of pebbles.
Speaker 2: Sure you could find out the FBI searched all kinds of people's laptops, phones, whatever that they completely cleared. But that won't be the story. The story will be, you know, name your favorite politician. The FBI grabbed his phone and searched it for ties to Epstein, they didn't find anything, part of it being left out.
Speaker 3: And then, finally, she writes, after two federal investigations, the reality is that ninety five ninety nine one hundred percent of the coming material will prove circumstantial evidence, if not completely unrelated to Epstein's criminal activities. It'll be purely sensational, purely priant, even as it coldly rips through reputations, jobs, and legacies.
Speaker 1: It was once the job of.
Speaker 3: Sleazy tabloids to destroy lives with lurid gossip that titillated the public but lacked public interest in the high minded sense. Now Congress is doing it. A single member Louisiana Republican Rep. Clay Higgins had the foresight to imagine the wreckage and threat of a new precedent. He observed the release quote upended two hundred and fifty years of criminal justice procedure and will quote absolutely real and innocent people being hurt out. Voted four hundred and twenty seven to one in the House, unanimously in the Senate. Let the games begin, in which the odds are in no one's favor.
Speaker 2: Can the public handle the difference between sure people acted badly morally and the government is not in the business of being the morality police and just spewing out rumors and misdeeds to ruin.
Speaker 3: Your life, or it shouldn't give him as their investigative powers.
Speaker 2: Larry Summers lost his entire career in public life over this. And he committed no crime. He just was knew a guy who did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and didn't subver ties with him. No does bad, bad judgment, but that's not a crime. And the government. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: The government doesn't get to all of a sudden be the morality police and say ooh this looks bad and spit out information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I will bring it home to you with a fine metaphor.
Speaker 3: After this word from our friends at webroot, did you know it's not just shopping that spikes during the holidays, it's cybercrime. Hackers love the holidays, fake shipping emails, sketchy social media stores, too good to be true, Black Friday deals.
Speaker 1: Often they are scams.
Speaker 2: And then once they get your input, what are they gonna do? You're spending Christmas on the phone with your bank instead of opening presents. That sounds fun, and that's why now is the time to protect yourself with webroot total protection, real time anti virus, firewall, password manager.
Speaker 1: Even dark web monitoring. It's an all in one product.
Speaker 3: Also, yeah, and right now, webroots giving our listener sixty percent off. That's right, sixty percent off for protection for the whole family, from the kids tablets to grandma's laptop. Go to webroot dot com slash armstrong. That's webroot dot com slash armstrong sixty percent off but only through that link. Live a bitter better, not bitter better digital life through Webroot again. It's webroot dot com slash Armstrong.
Speaker 2: Did you happen to hear The Nation podcasts where they talked about this the other day? They got into quite the argument over this very topic of whether we should be concerned about a guy like Larry Summers getting swept up in this and having his life.
Speaker 3: Ruined, right, yeah, when he didn't commit a crime. Yeah, yeah, I need to hear that. I don't think I heard that one.
Speaker 2: Not standing up for his behavior. That's not the point. It's does the government get to go snooping around in investigations and finding salacious material unrelated to the investigation and then just put it out there to ruin your life.
Speaker 3: It's as if they phone tap you friends, which the government has the right to do.
Speaker 1: They get a warrant. They think you're part of a.
Speaker 3: I don't know an an illegal conspiracy to fix garbage collection prices. Right like, you're mobbed up, they tap your phone for two months. Turns out you are clean as a whistle. Now your garbage business is completely on the up and up. But you say you think your sister's husband is.
Speaker 1: Cheating on her, and you revealed that.
Speaker 3: You know, when you were twenty three, you shoplifted and you regret it.
Speaker 2: Now, maybe I have a better example that could ruin lots of people. You ever text a joke that you wouldn't want the regular public to see?
Speaker 1: Ever? Right, right?
Speaker 3: You texted a joke that was racially provocative or something like that, and the government comes out and says, yeah, exactly, yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, homophobic or whatever.
Speaker 3: Government comes out and says, nope, nope, Jackie Joe are clean with their garbage business. But Joe was totally gossiping about his sister in law and Jack shoplifted and.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. So anyway, I just thought you'd want to know. God, we don't want that.
Speaker 2: Any thoughts. Text line is four one five KFTC.
Speaker 1: Shop, when's Momdani the COMMI visit the White House.
Speaker 2: I want to We need some stupid, pointless accomplish nothing fireworks today, That's what we need.
Speaker 1: What we need on a Friday, That's what I'm hoping for.
Speaker 3: Absolutely came up with another great example of why we don't want the governments spewing out raw investigative material.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about that later.
Speaker 3: Right now, it's your freedom loving quote of today from the great economist to Arthur Lafer. If you tax people who work and you pay people who don't work, do not be surprised if you have a lot of people not working. We tax speeders on the highways to get them to stop speeding. We tax cigarettes to get people to stop smoking. Why then, do we tax people who earn income? Why do we tax people who employ other people?
Speaker 1: Why do we tax.
Speaker 3: Companies that make wonderful products at low cost and make lots of profits. Don't think for a moment that the same consequences don't befall taxes on income, employment, and profits as they do on speeders and smokers.
Speaker 2: I love the Laugher curve. It's so simple and easy to understand if you don't know what it is. UH chat gpt it. It's really interesting.
Speaker 3: Mail bag drop us a note mail bag at Armstrong and getty dot com. Want to do this one first quickly, JT and livermore. Over fifty percent of people think prices have gone up under Trump.
Speaker 2: I know I saw that.
Speaker 1: If they think that when they're.
Speaker 3: Actually going down, what does that say about the pulling doesn't it completely invalidate the polling on.
Speaker 1: This issue, well, not politically speaking. No, No, that.
Speaker 2: Doesn't make me sure. If people go to the polls believing something doesn't matter if it's true or not right.
Speaker 3: Right, And he says, if you pulled the color of the sky in over fifty percent of people said it was Shartruse, would you think the sky shartrus or would you think that fifty percent of the people are wrong? And if they're wrong on that one high profile item, aren't they likely wrong on many most of the other items as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're absolutely right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but these are two different conversations. Right, Are we going to elect somebody to do something about the Shartruse sky? Then if most people believe it's sharthrus, they're gonna elect somebody who says I'm gonna fix the shark true sky.
Speaker 3: And now a rare bit of audio in mail bag. This is a text Jack Red yesterday. You guys are effing hacks. You spread propaganda.
Speaker 2: I can tell when I listened to you, when you guys know you're saying BS. I can tell when you guys cut out or change the subject or go to a joke. So only your fans and your listeners believe yours. Just so you guys know that. Just want to fill you in. Have a great thing day, armstrong and giddy. I hope you go off the air soon. I'm thinking the only reason you haven't is because somebody wants you to keep spreading your bs because radio is dead and you suck.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Perhaps if you'd ever attended a school, you'd be familiar with the term ad hominem attack. Are you seriously, my darling? I hope God made you pretty sweetheart?
Speaker 2: Oh that.
Speaker 1: Was an invention moment on the show Good Lord. I lost my head there.
Speaker 3: She was griping about we were reading a story about the unapproved illegal travel by eight schools in the Chicago school District. You spend millions of dollars on luxury travel in spite of it being completely illegal and unapproved and the rest of it. And I explained that it was because the teachers Union is runs Chicago, owns Chicago, the government of Chicago and is mobbed up, and the Democratic Party in Chicago's completely corrupt, and she, being a lefty, I guess, unloaded her filthy objection to our analysis of that. Although I stayed by every damn syllable first to listen by your boyfriend, she says, A spew our propaganda garbage every morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I got this note from Kevin Texas Marine with a thought or two about the texture ofcology. Guys, hacks for talking about the Chicago school corruption. During my eight years in the Corps, I saw plenty of grift, greed, and graft. And this was from marines who self respected to join the Corps to serve with honor, self selected, I should say, to serve with honor. Dated a lady for five years who was a postal worker, and the story she told me about people milking light duty injuries infuriated me. She wasn't one, but was in no position to stop it. I have a friend who's also a postal worker. He told me someone who would tie a piece of bologney to his ankle finally got bitten by a tiny dog. He milts the fake injury for year years. But yeah, government workers are all saints. Not one single one would ever try to game the system, just those eight schools in Chicago. Sorry for the rant, guys, but I see enough gaming the system in the private sector. At least there can be some consequences here. Sometimes, let's not gloss over. Tied Boloney to his ankle. It's a classic. That is clever than Milt the injury for years.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that is wow depressing.
Speaker 1: Wow. Armstrong and Getty