Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data well.
Speaker 3: For the broader market, to some of the individual names making big waves in equity space. Today, I want to bring in Bloomberg Market's correspondent, Normal Linda. She's here to dive into the market action. You're looking at some stocks that on the rise due to some kind of relief from tariff concerns.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it's really been a light trading day, given the fact that it's a holiday shortened week, but we are seeing some of the individual movers really focus in the home furniture space and looking at our Ah as well as Wayfair, We're see shares of both companies charging higher. This, of course, is after we did get news that President Trump delayed tariff increases on both upholstered furniture, kitchen cabinets as well as vanities. We know that these higher tariffs were set to take effect Thursday, but they're now going to be taking effect in January first of twenty twenty seven. That's according to a fact sheet that we got out of the White House. So we're seeing shares of both of those companies, URH and Wayfair charging higher. But we do know that URH really did have a tough year. If you look just last year, it lost more than half of its value. So just to put that into context in terms of the move that we are seeing today, but Wayfair did have a pretty stellar year for pretty spell Live to say the least, the one hundred and twenty seven percent to the upside. That's so yeah, if I say so.
Speaker 5: Well, we talked with the Wayfair executive c suite a lot, and they talk about, you know, they're basically a platform for sellers.
Speaker 1: That inventory that they have to worry about.
Speaker 5: No, but you know they're obviously they're companies that sell on their platform do but they've She also talked about a lot of suppliers finding other markets to manufacture in that maybe have lower tear if so a bit of a pivot, yeah, exactly if they go.
Speaker 1: To North Carolina like President Trump wants them to do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we shall see. We shall see, all right too.
Speaker 4: Under Armour we go, yes, looking at the consumer space, So we're looking at under Our, where we saw shares that climbed as much as ten percent today, this is the most in nearly seven months. But I mean, this is also a stock that's been quite battered, lost forty percent of its value last year. We did see four back to back years of declines for this company. But today we're seeing it in the green. And this is because UBS analysts so that they see improving EPs and sales growth boosting the stock's valuation. So it seems as though some traders out in the market are taking this and clearly buying in on it. But of course it is a stock that's really really been struggling.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of stock that is struggling, today, Tesla is moving to the downside by about two percent.
Speaker 1: What's going on with Tesla?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Tesla, we're seeing share sliding. This is after just an eleven percent gained that we saw a year to date for twenty twenty five. But we did see that Tesla is essentially giving up its title as the world's top seller of evs to a Chinese competitor BID. I mean, it may not be as popular in the United States, but super super popular in China. But we did see that BID increase its battery electric vehicle sales, delivering almost two point twenty six million last year, and that's in comparison to Tusla's one point six y four million, So a bit of shift in power here.
Speaker 1: Don't see those on the streets here in the US.
Speaker 5: Reyeah, you know, yes, But there's definitely more all over the uration, all over Europe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep, saw a lot when I was in Thailand, did you I did?
Speaker 1: What'd you think?
Speaker 4: I thought they were pretty cool?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.