Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey we're back.
Speaker 2: We're black, We're but but but but brown, ambition, ambition, ambition, ambition, ambition, and this dude today we're extra black. You know, I love the extra black days. We have the amazing Arlon Hamilton and the stew right of applause. Super excited. So fortunately man's not here. Baby got sick, but you know I got her. She was really disappointed because she wanted to be here to meet Arlon because she is the legend. So, Arlon, you accomplished one of my dreams. I remember when I first started my business, I was like, why is there no funding for black women? And I said that, you know, one of my dreams would be able to get enough money that I've made myself to create a fund, you know, for black women. And when you did it, I was like, oh my god, I just I just so I'm jumping ahead of myself. One, I would love for you to introduce yourself to the audience who might not be aware. If not, go hit to Google orland. She's amazing, but kind of like, what is your story? How did you get here? Who are you?
Speaker 3: Well? Help, that's my alarm telling me that my times, it's like the whole hour. But so I have a venture fund called Capital, and actually what you just described is still my dream for the full fund to be all of my capital. Okay, right now, I have investors, and then I contribute a great deal to the fund ultimately for the true impact I want to have and the autonomy, and for it to be about truly black women getting to have a full say the goal. You know, you always have to have bigger and bigger goals. So one of mine is to have a very large fund that is my family office essentially. But backstage Capital has it started less than ten years ago when I was homeless. I was sleeping at the time, sleeping on the floor of the San Francisco Airport that was my home. I would get on a commuter train in one direction or the other, either to San Francisco City or to Silicon Valley each day, go out and pound the pavement with meetings and trying to make things happen, and then it would come back as late as I could, because I did not like being there to the airport. Today, we have invested in more than two hundred companies led by women, BIPOC and LGBTQ plus founders amazing. It was certainly worth all of that and all the in between. And even today, I mean, I don't know when this comes out, but today I posted something where I just had to vent because of all the shenanigans. But yeah, that's really the investor story. And what I love about it too is is all that it has made spring fourth, which is dozens of other funds that have been born because of you know, inspired by or because I put a check in that's you know, to help them, or whatever the case is. Because the case was made the case study, we were the case study of the blueprint. To me, that's really exciting. And then all of the founders, of course, who then employ so many people and then go on to get more funding and generate revenue. And I love being at the airport and seeing one of my portfolio companies at a store or you know what I'm saying, like walking into Target or seeing something crazy happen online with a viral moment. Those are the moments that really get me. So that's the main story. From that, I have written two books that have come out. What the first is called It's about Damn Time Order Like you walk like you're reading the Hunger Games. Read the It's about damn time first, and then read my latest which came out this year. Your first million.
Speaker 2: So well, one, I just want to thank you because you know you you were like such this amazing pioneer in a space where I mean I just couldn't even I didn't even ask for money because I was like, I know the answer is now.
Speaker 1: And also too, I didn't even know how.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's not even a skill set I'm willing to develop because word on the street is not happening. Since So one, I want to thank you, Yes, because of you. You know, we have things like Fearless Fund and other funds that come out that if not for your.
Speaker 1: Presence and your success.
Speaker 2: Quite frankly, it's just you know, you made the case that this is feasible, this is possible, and this is necessary and quite honestly, when we succeed, other people succeed as well. We are the rising tide that lifts all both. So one, I wanted to thank you for that. And then two like make your first million because I know you have a pot. You had a podcast where you talk to like place to watch girl.
Speaker 1: I know all about you.
Speaker 3: It was all in the business. The podcast is your first Million. That's why I named the book. That it's been on for four and a half years as an audio and then with the last few months it's been video. In the last few weeks, we've really cranked things up on the video side. So so yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Now I was gonna say, so what is the book about.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously, you know, make your first million, but like, what's the full premise and why do you think we ought to make our first million?
Speaker 3: So the book really it's a guide for entrepreneurs and the subheading is why you don't have to be born into a legacy of wealth to leave one behind. I would you know. It kicks off with a really funny, funny and fun introduction where I talk about how I won they call it winning, but you'll see one Jenny Jackson's prized truck at auction in Beverly Hills. It starts with that story and tells you kind of where I came from and what that momentment to me. And then it really gets into this mindset shift of if I'm in any given room of underestimated founders and I ask the room, who here thinks that they can generate a million dollars, not even in the next year, but in their lifetime. Only a few hands go up usually, So this mindset shift of first of all, yes, you can after meeting with, investing with and becoming a millionaire. After investing with speaking with hundreds of millionaires over the past few years, I have learned that almost anybody can be a millionaire. So that's the thing. And of course we're talking about two different things. One is making your first million and one is being a millionaire, though two different things, and we talk about that what the difference is in the book, Okay, and we then talk about the importance of us having collectively the power of billionaires. So one of the things I want to do with my main north star is that I want to help create and catalyze one thousand new millionaires in the next decade. And by that I mean truly trackable be able to do that, because as we know, one thousand million equals a billion and what it represents is we sometimes think about billionaires in a negative light because it's usually it's one person with a lot of power. So what if the same amount of money conceivably right we're controlled by us now of course, I'm not stopping anybody from becoming a billionaire, any of us from becoming a billionaire. Go do that too, But I think we always skip the pieces in between, like when we're thinking about it, we either don't think we can do it at all, or we're thinking I got to be a billionaire to make any kind of difference in the world. I believe that collectively we will control, we will have power, control, leverage higher quality of life potentially for us and our people if we get together on this mission.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love that.
Speaker 3: Let's all, let's all have a mini I call it in I n I empire. I have this right. So I talk about that a great deal and kind of introduced that thesis. And then the fun part. I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: How okay do I believe that it's largely so? I like you. I didn't. Well.
Speaker 2: Both my parents were immigrants from Nigeria. I was a preschool teacher for many years in Newark, for about ten years, and the session happens, I lose everything and I start the business, the Budgetista, just to pay bills, I mean one. I didn't want to go back to them.
Speaker 1: Although teaching is not quite corporate America it's still felt overwhelming and rat racist to me. So I started a business.
Speaker 2: Yes, just to work for myself and also to be of service. That's why I became a teacher.
Speaker 1: I did not. I can't say. Did I anticipate becoming a millionaire? Yes and no.
Speaker 2: Yes, from this weird standpoint that when I was a kid, almost everyone's grandmother. I would come visit, like my friends if they had a grandmother, they would speak lifeful for me and to say, baby, one day, you're gonna be a rich lady. That happened so often that it became weird. Yeah, and I just said, okay, miss such and such. I mean, I didn't grow much money on one.
Speaker 1: Of five kids.
Speaker 2: And so the Buganisa does well in the last fifteen years, especially in the last I want to say seven or so, let's have we made over fifty million dollars gross, which you know, even saying it sounds crazy like what but.
Speaker 3: Largely that thank you, it's wonderful.
Speaker 2: But largely a lot of that money has been I've put right back into the community and the people who work for me. Obviously, because I don't have fifty million, although I'm still am a millionaire. So I could not. I don't know how you know what I mean so is how were you able to kind of figure out that tend it's even the teacher and me. I mean, certainly I understand how money works better now, and when people come to me and they're like, oh, I want to be a millionaire too, I'm at a loss because I feel like so many things were like the timing of when I did things, you know, so like how did you work toward creating like a systematic way to teach folks how to make a million?
Speaker 3: And also the thing is it's going to be a little different for everybody. I think there are just some some some general things that can be applied to a lot of people and like choices to make. But the really what you just said is kind of what I've done is I've studied people like you. Okay, I've studied Not only am I observing and championing, but I'm studying as if it's a case study, like I'm doing a Harvard business case study or Okay, And so I believe now that I know, don't I didn't notice these metrics about you your work. I've just heard about you for years. What what I would do in this case is I would study, Okay, what all the different pieces of what you did, What part of it was luck, what part of it was a happenstance, you know, happened to be this year that this took off, and da da da da da. But what part of it is repeatable? What part of it can we shave off three and a half years for somebody else, even though seven years is an an incredible feed. Like I was just with you know, Terry Igioma, I was just hanging out.
Speaker 2: We would just just for it. But everybody Arln and I were both in Puerto Rico. Literally, I just got back last night for what of our friends, Rachel Rogers, which is funnily enough, she has a book called you Know, we Should All Be Millionaires, and it was called the ROI Conference Return on Investment, and so Arland was there, although I did not see her there, which is funny, but now we're seeing each other.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, everybody was there and it was like this. It was wonderful. So Terry and I have have had really great conversations, and she's speaking at my event in April, your first Million Live, and she is done, you know in that right sixty million in the last four or five years.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: And I've studied her the people who are like like you and Terry, who are who are just creating these case studies and create you're creating a blueprint. So there's there's studying people, there's interviewing people. I spent the last four and a half years interviewing hundreds of millionaires for my podcast and otherwise to see if they could you know, like before somebody becomes an investor in backstage, I talked to them, okay, and we have several investors, so et cetera, et cetera. And so you can distill that, you can deconstruct that, distill it and then give the information. And you know, let's be really honest. Let's be super honest here. If my book could make everybody a millionaire, I would be a billionaire. You know what I'm saying. It'll just over said none. It is in there's only a certain percentage of people who will get the book even after they hear this today. So if you get the book after you hear this today, you're you're in a certain tier. Right. There are only a certain people, certain number of people who get the book who will actually read it or listen to it in its entirety of that percentage, which is already dwindling down, there are very very very few people who will implement and execute on what I need. You know that with courses and with books and with all the things there are only and see this I have observed for years. It has not changed. It is tried and true. And that is the difference. That's why if someone can say.
Speaker 2: What you why.
Speaker 3: Isn't everybody millionaires and how to do it? Because of what I just said. Yes, because there are people who just and this is not a I'm not judging actually I know it sounds like I am. I'm not judging it. I'm saying there are people who just simply knowing it's possible, is warmth enough for them. They can go with that. I'm going to listen to you. I'm going to pick up the book, have it in my house. It's on a shelf. I'll glance over at it every once in a while, and that's enough for me. Then there are people who, by reading it and saying somebody else can do this, I believe somebody else can do this, that's enough for them. And then there are people who have this hunger in this drive that they probably, like you, may relate to this. They can't find too many other people who feel that way. They feel a little bit outsider. Ea Like with you when you were a teacher, I bet you had all kinds of plans and ideas.
Speaker 2: Girl, when the kids went to sleep at naptime, I was reading books. I was like, I was like, Yett, yes, I had this fire burning.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 3: Right. So if you're listening to this right now and you just heard fifty million dollars and you're like what, how why? When it's because you simply went further than most people are willing to go. You simply stayed in it longer than most people are willing to do.
Speaker 1: Where here is a collection plate.
Speaker 2: Hope you understand that, Arland, is because I was going to ask, like, honestly, I was going to ask you. I said from the book if there is like a core message?
Speaker 1: Because I get this all the time.
Speaker 2: Because to your point, Arland, it's like, how from preschool teacher to I've owned several businesses, you know how from preschool teacher to making over fifty million dollars in business in a relatively short period of time. I'm forty four now. I stopped teaching preschool at thirty. I didn't really start my business until well thirty.
Speaker 1: I made my.
Speaker 2: First million in business gross by the time maybe I was like thirty five, and then I made eight figures in a year or when I was thirty seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ten million, my first ten million in a year, you know. And then after that was.
Speaker 3: Just like COVID, you know, and everybody was at home.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, we had that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was hard, but I noticed, you know, that first one hundred thousand was actually the hardest, you know.
Speaker 1: And then because it was a mindset.
Speaker 2: Shift from especially from one hundred thousand to a million, it was like I have to expand the way I think, and from a million to ten million was like I had to almost deconstruct myself. I was just talking to a friend of mine this morning, and I was encouraging him to listen to people and to think totally different from him. One of my my business partner, my former business partner, Jabrill. One of the things I love about Jabrill is that he is a time traveler. It took our business coach to let me for me to realize because Jabrill and I at one point, I couldn't understand some of the ideas he had. They seemed so out there. But Jabrill was so good at going five ten years into the future seeing what was going to happen and bring me back. So I'll be like, I don't you're talking, Gibberis, because but sure enough I am living in the reality that Jabrill predicted five ten years ago, and I'm like, Aha. So this morning I said to myself and my friend, I said, I want to learn how to time travel, because that's a skill set hopefully I can develop. So to your point, one of the mechanisms to growing wealth and becoming a millionaire is sticking with it longer and being willing to go further than the person before. So is that are those the two like major core things or something else that you've seen in millionaires?
Speaker 3: That's it coupled with the mindset shifts of okay, you can and you're worthy of. Okay, because you can and you're worthy of, people tend to when I'm talking about mindset, people tend to kind of blank out a little bit. It's like that didn't teach me how to get the ten thousand in my bank account tomorrow. They're like I need. I need the tactical, you know, And of course I'm going to give you the tactical. But if you don't believe you can or that you're worthy of it, it's not never going to happen. It's just not gonna You're not gonna act. Did you accidentally become a millionaire? No? Did you accidentally write? It's not going to happen like that? And so yes, those are That's really what it boils down to, is this focus and like even more granular, a focus of just twelve months. When is the last time, And I'm asking you and your audience, when is the last time you stuck with something day in and day out for a full year, regardless of the results.
Speaker 1: Well, why do that?
Speaker 2: Like my book, I have a book to get Go with Money, And I said I this book is going to be a Newark time that seller, come.
Speaker 1: Hell or high water.
Speaker 2: So it was two years of day and day. I must have read that book like two hundred times. Editing, editing, we write, we write, we write, editing, Eddy and then market market market market, market, market marker. Two years later, we're still marketing that book. Uh huh, Because you're right, I see so many people two months saying girls not working.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what exactly there? So what I did was, I can't remember what month it was, but it was a few months ago for one of my groups, entrepreneur groups. I went back and looked at my own list of things that I was working on. And for many reasons, one of my main business model is an investment fund, so I am not a full time entrepreneur. On the other side, although I am an entrepreneur, which makes me a better investor. And I say that, but I have several companies, so I guess I am a full time I'm just doing both. But I look back and I said, okay, the things that I started a year prior, how many of those things I finish? And I went through and I, one by one I listed, like what I was working on, and I found so many different things that if I had simply stuck with it for a year, they would have made each lane would have made at least a million dollars, like easily, like water blowing. And for some of it, I showed where I stopped it on purpose because it was taking away from the focus that I needed for this other thing that made more than that, right, but for the examples were so interesting to me because it was my thesis that would be the case, and then to see it laid out was so powerful. And so it's truly again, this is one of those things that the majority of people will just kind of hear and go in one ear out the other. But what I'm saying to you is that imagine you're playing this episode again a year from now, and in this moment this year, you made a decision. I don't care that it's January. We're all making all these kind of claims that what we're going to do whatever month you hear this in you made a decision that you were going to stick with something for a year, and you weren't going to take every opportunity, or you weren't going to stop and to go through this other thing because this looks better, or you weren't going to add on for income streams because I'm supposed to have seven. You're not supposed to have seven when you start. You can have seven eventually, but not when you start, because you'll never get anywhere. If you were to focus for a year, the results you would get would be incredible. You talk about your book, it does not surprise me in any way, shape or form that you stick to things because look at your results. Danielle Leslie talks about how always said yeah for one year. It took her two years to make her first to really make her first million, and then from that she's never made less than the year before, which is incredible. She said, for the first eighteen months she did she just had a webinar once a week, every single week, every single year, and then eighteen months and it just grew. And then at the eighteen month mark something happened that was an inflection point, and from that moment on she was now making six figures a month and she couldn't stop it if she tried. If she had stopped at month four because she only had seventeen people show up to the webinarp, then she wouldn't have gotten the skills needed to be ready at eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yes, I wish people understood that that the first few months, even a few years, are not actually about the earning, it's about the learning.
Speaker 1: Gun she will she.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't have answered the question that came up in month seven. Yes, so she realized this is a blocker for twenty seven percent of people. If I should simply answer this question in my first ten minutes of this webinar, more people would convert. Yes, I'm just making that up, but that's one of the things. Yeah, right, she wouldn't have had created the confidence. Yes that I bet if we looked at video footage of her first month and her eighteenth months, they're like night and day.
Speaker 1: I bet.
Speaker 3: I mean, she's always been charismatic, but I bet you there are so many things you can list off that would have been different.
Speaker 1: I think people don't understand that.
Speaker 2: It's like I call it, like you have to gather the keys, right, So let's just say, you know, door twenty on your journey is the millionaire door, and if you have the misfortune of jumping straight to door twenty, the millionaire door, you don't have the key because guess what, the keys in the box at door ten. But the key to that box was at door five, and then the code to that box was at door too.
Speaker 1: So you don't really actually.
Speaker 2: Get to skip steps, even if you get all the way to the end very quickly, because you don't gather the lessons you're gonna need to maintain the million you're seeking. There's so many things I go through now that I'm like, ooh, that's right, I forgot I learned that year two. Oh thank god, you know, like or I'm like, uh, like I'm struggling with this thing.
Speaker 1: I'm like, wait, did I do that thing here four that helps to fix the thing?
Speaker 3: Sure? Did?
Speaker 1: And so the development go ahead? Sorry, go ahead, Ireland.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm going to cut you off. Yeah, okay, can I ask you just I know that your audience knows this left and right, but I'd love to understand what is your business model? What what made the fifty million?
Speaker 2: So my initial business model, the Budgetista, is like the I call the business of Tiffany.
Speaker 1: So that's like influencing.
Speaker 2: Speaking spokesperson, work books and like one offul little products.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So, but the Budgetista allowed me to start this other business call the Literature Academy, which is an online school that really made the bulk of my money. We have graduated about one hundred and fifty thousand students. And when I first started that, it was like ten bucks a month, and now it's I think, like fifty bucks a month, but.
Speaker 1: We're always having to sale.
Speaker 2: But so currently we have about twelve thousand students and then people take it for about a year they graduate out. So that's where it made the bulk of my money. But I also had like this digital marketing component to my business where we find a product or service that we like, we partner with the organization to market that through the Budgetista because such a trusted name.
Speaker 3: So yeah, what does the course teach?
Speaker 2: So Literature Academy teaches there's a foundational course where I call it on financial homeness, So it teaches you how to budget save, get out of debt, fix your credit, earn money, invest, be properly insured, create a financial team, increase your net worth and estate planning. So that is like the if you think about your core course, that's the core course.
Speaker 1: It's ten ten.
Speaker 2: Courses in this core course, yes, and then after that we have additional courses. Think about it like if you were going to be in school outside of your normal syllabus, you would have these other like extracurricular kind of like classes, like there's tax classes and business classes and all these kind of surrounding classes. Probably about fifty or so of those. So people join because they want this handholding. So the courses, we had these women from Stanford come in study the academy and help us upgrade it and make it better, like a year or so ago. And so although the course might each class that you take might be an hour, we chop it into five to eight minute segments, so it's really bite sizable, but enough for you to learn the lesson. So you take these ten classes, you feel good. And if you want to take these kind of like auxiliary classes.
Speaker 1: Those are also included. Those are all pre recorded.
Speaker 2: But then every month we also have like a day or two of live interaction and with the other students as well as instructors and course providers.
Speaker 3: So, and I know Terry said that a lot of hers is from word of mouth, is yours? A lot of marketing, paid marketing, content marketing, word of mouth. What would you say is the order?
Speaker 2: So I would say paid marketing first and foremost, then word of mouth, and then because the budget needs to kind of like provides what I call almost like you know, how you go to school and you have to take like your pre courses before you could take your.
Speaker 3: One on one class.
Speaker 2: Yes, so the budgetes is like the prerequids. A lot of things that budgeties to are free, super basic, so when you learn there and then we say, okay, you're ready for the next thing, which is the Limatary Academy when you want to take your finances.
Speaker 1: To the next level.
Speaker 2: Yeah so, but paid marketing still is like, although it's not my favorite, it's still the number one driver for the academy. But we are shifting our business model. I'll let you know if it works by getting like that, because I feel like my ideal business model is the one I started with with the budgetista, which is the black women who come to me should not have to pay that. Instead, they are all these huge organizations that benefit off of black women, and I'm like, no. So they used to like the United Way, for example, when I first started, used to pay me to do classes, and I would do the classes for free for the community. And I love that model because the community really came out. I went from five people per class to two hundred and so for the academy. This is the shift I wanted to go toward instead of like marketing marketing marketing and having individual people sign up. I am now looking for part corporate sponsors to say I will sponsor a thousand people for scholarship to the Livature Academy.
Speaker 1: That is the shift that I wanted to shift toward.
Speaker 3: Have you already found success with that?
Speaker 2: No? No, we're just literally this is the year. I was like, let's don't you know, go ahead?
Speaker 3: Can I give my opinion? Or yes?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 3: You did not ask for it, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: I would love it.
Speaker 3: I've learned to ask people if they want it. I love that. But to me, it sounds like you have a six hundred dollars a year product.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, is that what you It's three hundred dollars a year.
Speaker 3: Three hundred dollars a year because you said maybe fifty a month, but it's maybe a six month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have because we always having like on dis guy.
Speaker 3: Gas, So three hundred dollars a year. So this is just my opinion. My opinion is for what you just listed off, that's the value that you give. That's a steal.
Speaker 1: I know that's a steal.
Speaker 3: And if somebody I have a lot of free on my Orlands Academy online and yes a lot of people go through it. But you can see unteachable, you can see I don't know if you teaching teachable or I'll think, okay, so on teachable maybe elsewhere you can see from the free the free courses, how many people complete it versus the paid courses. In every single course that is free has fewer has more people signed up, but fewer people completing the course. And so what is that? Rachel says, When they pay, they pay attention, right, So I love the fact. Here's what I'm going to say. The truth is, I love the fact that you want to do that. That's your instinct is that black women should not have to pay. But I have to tell you, if they pay that nominal fee to be in the room, you're going to probably get more out of it because they have skin in the game. And black women are not like we are all we are. We contain multitudes. We are doctors and lawyers and teachers and executives and retail people and people that work at fast food restaurants and caretakers. We are all these things. And I know what it's like to have zero dollars and to be hungry and to worry about where I'm going to sleep that night. But I also know what it's like to say I have a goal, okay, and my goal is to get into this Stanford two week boot camp that costs thousands of dollars so I can be around these millionaires and learn and then get into it. Okay, and then meet my first investor picked off the thirty million dollar fund that would go on to invest in two hundred companies.
Speaker 1: Okay, I see something. When they pay, they pay attention.
Speaker 2: So even if I had like a so not all scholarship or even a matching scholarship to say you do this.
Speaker 3: What I think, what I think would works. So what you have done works, so I would not stray too far from that. That's my main core. Okay, keep doing that, keep that flywheel going where the paid is working, as long as your profit margins are reasonable, like if it's if it's five percent profit margins, but if you have a healthy profit margin, keep doing what you're doing. Pay attention to how the pricing is changing with marketing. Add a little little bit more content marketing that's free at a little like take advantage of the tiktoks of the world and the Instagrams of the world and the linkedins of the world. Do that. Put some money into content, because that's what I'm really going heavy in. But I would keep that flywheel going because it's working. Okay, And then I would even go the other way of where did they go from there? Can they graduate from there? Because there are going to be some people who are like, I love this, this was this helped me get to a point where now I want to pay you one thousand or two thousand dollars. Can I be in the room with you?
Speaker 1: I'm getting that more. That question has been coming.
Speaker 3: Out all I have. Can I have weekly calls with you? Know? Whatever you were able to do to sustain, don't do anything outside of what you can sustain. I think that's where you go. You don't have to and it doesn't have to be the hamster wheel. It doesn't have to be like, oh, I'm just selling all the time. Because you have all these different you have the free to get the men to make them understand. Is this for you? They graduate to the three hundred year, which again is a still based on what you just describe, and then for those who said, what happened in that course change the way I view things. Therefore, I trust you and I want to go to another level. Is there another place you can take me? Can you take Can I be like you? Sisky? How did you do what you do? Talk to me about your company? I'm willing to go into the thousand dollars program for that. I'm willing to go to the event that you put on the cost of thousand dollars whatever it is. That's what I would do. And then on top of that, what you could do on the side is you could have corporations who see the value in what you're doing, do some scholarships for specific one off things for groups. Maybe it's for HBCUs, maybe it's for black women who are in domestic partner.
Speaker 1: With the shelter or something like that, exactly.
Speaker 3: Exactly, because they are not going to be thinking about, let mean three hundred dollars, but just as a blanket, none at all when the foster is working.
Speaker 2: Okay, that was why Ireland, where can the girls get your book?
Speaker 1: Because I hope you ought to say this was a masterclass.
Speaker 2: For I mean, I am a To me, a good teacher is an even better student, and so I am just absorbing and grateful for all that information. And so this is why we had Arlan on the show, because it's one thing to do a thing, live a thing, but to be able to teach a thing, it's something completely different. And so if the girls are wanting not just the girls, because we have lots of people who listen, but if they're wanting to purchase your book, is what is it called again?
Speaker 1: Your first Million?
Speaker 3: Your first million? You can go you can follow me on Instagram at Arlin was here, and there are all kinds of lists, or you can go to your first Million dot live and get the book from there. I'm also on a book tour for Forever. That's yes, it's going so well. And I'm in New York right now. Actually I live in Los Angeles. I'm in New York. I'll be on the Tameron Hall Show in a few hours and others apparently, And so yeah, your first Million you can pick it up at multiple airports across the country as well. I think it may even be in Target, but you know, that's a rumor that I've heard. I'm want to check it out as soon as I get a chance to. But what I want to do and I don't know, I know that we can probably kind of edit this. I would love to talk to you, Tiffany, because we're a time is running out. I'd love to talk to you about my event in your audience, because there's a way we can work together, okay, and I want to be able to give maybe you can record after this, like the the way that they can get into the event with your discount.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, because your event is in April.
Speaker 3: The event is April ninth through the twelfth. It's in Los Angeles. I'll just say here a few of the people we have showing up. So, speaking of teachers, I know you watch you have it Elementary? Yes, okay, you know Ava the principal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see, hilarious.
Speaker 3: He's going to be our host.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's awesome. Is that incredible?
Speaker 3: She's our host. They all also want everybody to before they get into the who's going to be there? Who are all gonna be there? I want you to understand the venues. So we're gonna have a day and a half of expo across two ballrooms at the JW. Marriott, which is where if you ever saw Pink the singer, dancing on this and singing on the side of a building in downtown l A a few years ago for an award show, that's the building she was on. It's connected to the Peacock Theater, which is where the Emmys were held just a few days ago. So if you saw the Emmys or any clips from the Emmy's That is where our second half of our event will be, which is steps away from that hotel. So it's all on the same campus. So just imagine you're there. You're in a great seat because it's a theater, so it's rising seats, you have a great view of the stage. It's not a ballroom where it's flat. And then Ava from Rabbott is doing the hosting. On top of that, we have an evening with Isa Ray.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I love what.
Speaker 3: She is doing, like a very special event with us the April tenth at the Peacock Theater evening of so we'll have somebody open for her and then like an opening conversation that she will do well. I'll speak in fireside with her. She is flying out that same night to go to an event, so she's making it happen for us. That's why we're doing it on April eleventh. All day long, you'll have Sheila Johnson, the first black book Facilionaire. Just read her book, Her Through the Fire, incredible book. Get that book now. If you read that book or listen to the audible, you'll want to come to the event. To hear her speak. Rachel Rogers will be interviewing Sheila. I've asked her to do that because they remind me of each other and it's fun. I'll just do a little side note. A few days ago, Sheila's chief of staff has been with her for twenty years, told me that I remind her of miss Johnson from when she met her twenty years ago. Oh that's amazing, isn't that incredible? Yes, so that was really cool. I'll interview it. Rachel. Talk all about her events, you know, the good, the bad, the ugly, all the behind the scenes business side of that. For anybody who wants to put on events. Lamar Tyler, who I'm speaking at his event, you will be there. We will have Rich Paul, who is Lebron's agent, who has who was also Adele's husband by the okay, he has done six billion dollars of deals for his clients, including Lebron. We will have Gary Vaynerchuk. Okay, Gary Vee. If you want to learn how to mark kid without spending money or with spending very little money. He's going to take us through that and how he has a massed a fortune and also a masked that fortune by gaining attention from people. Okay, now we can each do that. As we walk out of the of the theater. We have Lauren Chen who sold her company, her plus sized clothing company, to Universal Standard just last year. We have Sunira Madonni, who started a billion dollar company with her brother after being turned down by twelve banks and told by her boss that her idea was not smart. She started the company on her own and built it to a billion dollar and I'm talking exit. She's exited the company. Okay, it's not just on paper. Yes, And we just have more and more and then this is really exciting. TLC the legendary TLS close out the event with a performance of renal level performance at the Peacock Theaters. There's more and more and more that have not I have not mentioned here. So you're going to get the inspiration, you're going to get the understanding, but you're going to get the learnings because we're doing orlands Hadely Live and we're doing multiple other things. So be in the building. You'll get your code to use, because I want you to have a special code to use.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll talk.
Speaker 2: We'll put that in the description notes and where's the link where people can register.
Speaker 3: For your first million dot Live.
Speaker 1: Also for the book and the event. Okay, I love.
Speaker 3: That there's a book tour. If you go to the book tour, there's a pop up across the page that gives you to the book.
Speaker 1: I love that. Thank you so much, Arland.
Speaker 2: You have just been one just so inspirational, but two thank you Like that that was really I'm always open to receive, like how can I do better? How can I show up more fully? And so I what you just share with me about my own business, I'm like, Okay, that absolutely makes.
Speaker 3: Can I say one more piece? Of course the re Another main reason for that idea is that, like I encourage people to work with corporations because it is a good model, but it is its own fresh Hell yeah, it is its own. You now got to be beholden that there sch It is a long sales cycle, so it'll take forever, and if they put you in the bucket of philanthropic, they'll treat you as such. Okay, and you don't deserve that. So there's that play too, So it's okay to have it in the background as something that you can get, take or leave before your model shift would worry.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you so much. Thank you, Arland.
Speaker 2: I hope you all enjoy it as much as I have. Again, your first million dot live for both the event and the book. If you're not following Arlin, what are you on on social media?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 3: Was here?
Speaker 1: Yes? Please? Are a playing yourself? Congratulations on all your success.
Speaker 2: I will continue to cyber stalk you because I just love being motivated by black women doing the damn thing.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, thank you,