Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This he's Talking Cowboys, screaming live from the.
Speaker 4: Dallas Cowboys World Head Course at.
Speaker 3: The Star in Frisco.
Speaker 5: Six second, let's got Texis Pas touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: It's a Thursday edition of Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas, in the SWBC studios.
Speaker 6: Welcome in, everybody.
Speaker 2: We've got the whole cast and crew ready to ride today. Josh just topping off the final Black Rifle Coffee, about to open up a whole new bag. Rock dude, if you were to just chug a coffee and then actually open it with some hot water, No, no, no, don't open that.
Speaker 3: That's one of the last special rifle. I'll get you another bag.
Speaker 6: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: I don't want to waste it.
Speaker 2: I don't want to waste Black Rifle Coffee. I'll get you like a battle mother bs.
Speaker 6: You get it. You get a whole scoop of Black Rifle Coffee cup.
Speaker 7: Black rifle, coffee, toss it into your mouth and get it some some some lukewarm more okay, and.
Speaker 1: The savage mode. The savage mode.
Speaker 3: I've seen people do that, do workout, but not not cock.
Speaker 1: Let's do it, animal mod.
Speaker 6: Let's do it one day.
Speaker 8: I've had worse.
Speaker 7: Hey, if the Cowboys win, Cowboys win this weekend against the forty nine ers in San Francisco Territory, we do black rifle, coffee shop.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, let's do it.
Speaker 3: That's espresso, let's do it.
Speaker 7: Boom to that, you know what, get on that whatever, I'll do it.
Speaker 3: Let's go for it. It's good, it's don't you don't.
Speaker 1: Don't put me in a position to piss off REPONSI Twitter knows you.
Speaker 2: That's fine, Okay, black rifle, coffee, coffee, apple, juice, child water.
Speaker 1: We said water water with that deal like like an adult.
Speaker 3: Well like Isaiah.
Speaker 9: Isaiah didn't like coffee until he started having black rifles.
Speaker 3: Fact that that's really good.
Speaker 10: I also remember Isaiah took that up black rifle that I needed.
Speaker 3: Man, he was twitches.
Speaker 8: You had coffee, genuinely.
Speaker 6: I found it.
Speaker 1: Can It's been about a decade.
Speaker 10: But that being said, before I finally gave up on it. I tried every variation, so everybody can miss me with tho the cold brew and you didn't do it this way. I've tried all the variations.
Speaker 2: Have you tried, like like black rifle, like the actual can really it's good as it's not very coffee, So let me we may try like a little tiny well what if that's the bat for you? You a regular like a little pore of coffee, just to do it?
Speaker 3: Do it now, as.
Speaker 11: Long as the last coffee you tried wasn't like an adult milkshake that you know what I'm saying, Like the frappuccinos with the.
Speaker 1: It wasn't the shake.
Speaker 10: It wasn't that, It wasn't the whole Starbucks thing was not really coffee as much as it is everything in there except coffee.
Speaker 1: It definitely was ten dollars.
Speaker 7: It definitely wasn't rifle. My wife actually just did a black rifle code brew thing. I don't know what it's called right now.
Speaker 1: Listen if it's if you enjoy coffee pressed.
Speaker 3: Quite remember, yeah, I just like it's all black rifle coffee.
Speaker 10: Funny thing though, is I love how coffee smells like I love how coffee ground smell. I just don't like to taste. It's just funny. It's the opposite of parmesan. Parmesan smells like the worst, but.
Speaker 3: It tastes so see, And that's why.
Speaker 2: That's why I think, if we're gonna do an entire ground coffee shots, yeah, warm lukewater, lukewarm water. If that's the bet that we end up making for ourselves to celebrate the cowboys wins. I think if we were to get you a shot member, you got to come here for that and fill it up a third of the way a shot glass third of the way with that that can of black rifle, and you just take that. I think it'd be totally fine.
Speaker 10: I have just to join the friends back home in Georgia that has no whole life. They're watching this and they're laughing because they're like, you're not going to peer pressure.
Speaker 1: I'm that guy so anti pressure too.
Speaker 3: Well, that's not even what we're trying.
Speaker 7: But I gave it, just trying to icy to be anti coffee, and I gave rifle a chance, and.
Speaker 6: I said, hey, this is not bad.
Speaker 10: I actually like, yeah, I was absolutely trying to sell me a car right now.
Speaker 3: I'm not anywhere.
Speaker 2: You're not going to have to pay me three hundred and fifty five dollars a month to drink your black rifle coffee.
Speaker 3: It's take a sip of.
Speaker 1: Coffee now, Josh is like only three fifty five?
Speaker 3: What kind of car do you think? That's what fee?
Speaker 1: So look kind of poverty?
Speaker 3: All right, give us some news and notes, Pat do it?
Speaker 1: Indeed? All right?
Speaker 10: So first and foremost, let's start by saying, Jordan Phillips his twenty one day practice window has been activated. So the Cowboys will have twenty one days from yesterday's practice to decide if they're going to add Jordan Phillips back to the act of fifty three man roster or if they're going to revert him to season ending ir As far as if how he feels, I'll let you, guys ask him that when you see him out in the grocery store. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to tell you. As far as how soon he can come back. Now, Brandon Aubrey, he did not practice yesterday, but unique situation. Brandon Aubrey is serving jury duty on a felony case in Terrent County. Wow, so not injury related. That's the good news. No timetable on when that case will wrap up, but I've had a couple of conversations and there is no expectation that he will miss the trip to San Francisco. So hope that holds true as well, because he has been their best player hands down.
Speaker 3: You get out of jury duty for this case being so because it's a felony. This is like a strangulation case or something like.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a really serious third degree. If you do want to get out of jury duty, the only weighted or the uneasy way to do it is to have a strong opinion about anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I learned that the hard.
Speaker 3: Way because they vet you, like before him, they sit you down.
Speaker 10: The most outlandish Yeah, you know, because they'll ask you everyone's like to where Jordan's.
Speaker 3: He's not, He's not fit. If you have a.
Speaker 11: Strong opinion either way, they're automatically like, he's out, he's out, he's out.
Speaker 8: You need to be a straight arrow, down the middle guy.
Speaker 2: So you're telling me, that's the best kicker in the NFL, who's as even as anybody was selected for a felony jury.
Speaker 8: Trial, literally a perfect candidate.
Speaker 3: He like tried in the in the middle of the vet process.
Speaker 2: He's sitting there and he's like, dude, I hate It's like, Brandon, listen, we know what you're You're already on this.
Speaker 8: We know one thing. We know that Brandon Aubrey, he's not going wide left or wide right.
Speaker 3: You know what?
Speaker 1: Right, my man?
Speaker 3: That was awesome?
Speaker 8: Right down, come on, let go, all right, paren County is forward.
Speaker 3: Just anybody that's not.
Speaker 1: Outside of the metropolits forward for all right.
Speaker 10: So Deron Bland apparently still dealing with whatever that setback was the soreness that they labeled it as a couple of weeks ago. He did not participated in practice on Wednesday, so now we need to draw a red circle around him and monitor him going forward. Today being Thursday, this is the heaviest practice day. If he didn't practice on yesterday, don't know how much you would do on today. So now that's not training in the right direction as far as direct concern. Kaylin Carson part injury report. He was a full participant for the first time since suffering the shoulder injury. He's now missed what three games I believe I spoke with Kayln Carson in the locker room on yesterday. He told me that his range of motion is greatly improved, but he's still waiting to get cleared. He said, there's one to his wording, there's one more bar that he has to clear to get medically cleared as far as his range of.
Speaker 1: Motion is concerned, but he is trending toward it.
Speaker 10: We'll see how that goes though, because again Thursday is going to be the big day. As far as determining determining the trajectory of guys like Kayln Carson and Deron Blam, Ryan Flinoy Ankle, he was limited. He did some rehab work in the open portion of practice with the with Britt Brown, but then he joined practice for some reps e K. Eric Kendricks all right, he returned to practice finally, goodness, some good newsk.
Speaker 1: Returned to practice one yesterday. It was unlimited capacity.
Speaker 10: This is a rough injury. This is a rough injury portal. What did we get at least? I was Wanta said wait till we get to theirs. We spoke with Ek in the locker room on yesterday. He didn't give any in the indication in one direction of the other. As far as his availability for Sunday, other than to say that he is making progress. He does feel a lot better and he is hoping to be on the field. So some good news there. Michael Parsons not trending in the right direction right now. Did not participate on Wednesday, and Nick Vigil still battling a foot injury. He was limited. John Stevens Junior was limited on yesterday. But I wait to confirm what we're hearing, but it sounds like he left practice early yesterday with this knee injury that's listed. Doesn't seem like it's a great outlook for him, let me put it that way. So waiting to get some more information so we can confirm what's going on there. But not optimistic for the young man, which absolutely sucks for him, especially coming off of what he dealt with the torn ACL. He finally gets healthy, but he wasn't able to get on the field and now he might miss some time going forward. We'll blow through the San Francisco Oh Boy. Juwan Jennings did not participate. Kevin Givens, defensive tackle did not participate. George Kittle did not part dissipate with a foot injury. Jake Moody the kicker, did not participate with an ankle. George Odom safety did not participate. Pres Deebo Samuel did not participate as he recovers from pneumonia. Of all things, it's what a wild time in the NFL. Trent Williams was a rest day for him, so he's more or less fine. Nick Bosa elbow injury limited and Chris Connley wide receiver limited with an ankle. So both teams are exceedingly banged up. And we haven't even talked about the IR guys for the Cowboys, right, so as far as who's missing in addition to who hasn't practiced and who's trying to practice. So yeah, it's a battle of the mass units. It seems like this coming Sunday, So yeah, goodness some good news, more bad than good, and we'll see how the rest of the week plays out.
Speaker 2: At least, at least you get Kendrick's back, seemingly you still have hopefully there's some other guys that are hopefully coming back.
Speaker 3: Like it's not the end all be all.
Speaker 2: Now when we get to the Friday injury report and we start really seeing the designations.
Speaker 3: Some doubtful, Yeah, that's when it's gonna be the be all in and it'll get tough.
Speaker 2: Uh you said there, Isaiah, like it's about to be a preseason game for San Francisco, specifically both, I mean both teams, San Francisco more so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cisco is down, but shoot, Dallas is down too.
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, you got no d Law, you got no Micah. Okay, that's your front. Eric Kendricks, maybe I don't know. It sounds like he's kind of heading that way. Duran Bland doesn't sound good, Kayln Carson. Maybe you're talking about the range of motion and his shoulder. He can't be seatbelt if you can't uh, you can't strap it up, so you can't reach the h So that's doesn't sound great for those who have never had a shoulder issue before. Trust me, I have plenty of experience there. It's kind of kind of sucky, especially when you don't feel confident in putting your arm out in space. You know you're at defensive back and your whole thing is about being physical at the line of scrimmage and tackle and trying to tackle like you're gonna be rehsitant to even jam somebody at the line of scream. It's never less try to tackle somebody. It's kind of hard to be any kind of harness single or five plant. So that doesn't give me any boda confidence there. I'm hoping that the bye week is great for Dallas. That's that's my hope right now, strategically in terms of schemes, right And I know, I don't know if the news and notes if we hit on what mister Jones had to say yesterday or not, but you know, there were some things there in regards to him speaking on coach McCarthy.
Speaker 3: And we haven't talked about that. We have, but I think we should.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we probably should.
Speaker 10: Remember the question mark was a question mark. Yeah, I put a pin in it yesterday. Yeah, that's going to segue to all of that that we're talking.
Speaker 3: Do you want to ask you right now? Then let's ask you.
Speaker 10: So yesterday we were talking about offensive struggles and specifically offensive line eating a block better up front, things like that running game and how that plays into it. So my question is, because this has been kind of pondering in my head, I should have been pondering it in my head since Pittsburgh Boys traditionally, when I said traditionally Garrett era, McCarthy era zone scheme, zone blocking scheme against the Pittsburgh Steelers. At some point during the game, they changed to the power blocking scheme.
Speaker 1: And it worked right. It helped Lee reco to a career day.
Speaker 3: Is the most efficient running game they've had.
Speaker 10: Now, there are other variables to take an account. When you talk about what happened against the Lions, you got forced into a one dimensional game, etcetera, et cetera.
Speaker 3: But they also.
Speaker 10: Reverted back to the zone scheme. So question for the panel and for the listeners who are so tuned in because we love our talking Cowboys fans, should the Cowboys stick with their tried and true zone blocking scheme or should they give it a go at the power blocking game? Now, I will say I slowed down, hurt my paws on that. It's not that they haven't tried the power blocking scheme before. Because a guy named Darren mcfatten comes to mind. Okay, so when mcfatten was here, they kind of reverted to plot not averted, but they converted the power blocking to help accommodate him, and they got him a thousand Yeah, they got him a thousand yards rushing right, so question being ZBS or PBS.
Speaker 3: Mmm, what do you think?
Speaker 11: I like, I told you guys yesterday, I'm a big fan of the power blocking scheme. I think, at least for me, when you get into the red zone, going into like a thirteen personnel, I think would be huge because that wrinkle is just.
Speaker 8: Not a part of our game right now.
Speaker 11: I don't see that being effective enough or ran enough to really justify your.
Speaker 3: Three tight ends in that regard.
Speaker 2: It would be Saker and spermspan Ford or Hunter Lipkey, okay, and just counting him as that tight end, Yeah, you could do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I need to see him just on the field more. Obviously I'm turning into Nick Harris all of a sudden, but genuinely I need to see Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 8: Exactly.
Speaker 11: Uh No, we need we need to see El Boogie on the field more. But for me, it's like, Okay, if we're not running the ball very well, let's get as many blockers in as we can and run the ball like like, do it until it fail, until it fails you you know what I mean, do it three times in a row.
Speaker 8: If you could pick up ten yards, keep going, keep going.
Speaker 11: I want to see an entire series of just thirteen personal I genuinely want to see how that would work.
Speaker 8: Yeah, maybe it's maybe it's a tragedy.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but so could be.
Speaker 8: Show me you're trying.
Speaker 2: You know, is anything right now a tragedy In terms of the running game, probably.
Speaker 3: All of it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all of it.
Speaker 2: I big facts I thought was going to be out yesterday. I should come out today, I believe. In terms of Dallas Cowboys dot Com. One of the big facts is the fact that this is the second worst rushing attack through six games in Cowboys or since nineteen eighty nine, so since Jerry Jones bought the team.
Speaker 3: Eighty nine was the worst.
Speaker 2: Ninety was not much better, but it was still better than what is happening currently in twenty twenty four great Bow. Yeah, it is the second worst rushing attack since nineteen eighty nine for the Cowboys.
Speaker 7: I have hope for this offense, I truly do. I do have hole because I believe in coach McCarthy. I believe in Coach McCarthy's schemes. I've seen it. I've seen it. I've seen what he's capable of. I've seen these guys respond in the past. I've seen what Dak's capable of doing in this in this scheme again. That's why I'm hopeful and I'm excited for this week to see what he's been cooking up over the.
Speaker 6: Last week and a half.
Speaker 3: I just I want to see it.
Speaker 7: I truly, truly want to see it because I know that he can get in his bag. I know he can't. It's not like we're sitting here saying like, oh man, yeah, he's just you know, he doesn't have it no more. I might feel that way about the other side of the ball, but not offensively. And we've said that before on this show. I mean Tellen more specifically, there were times where we looked at each other and said, I don't know if he's got it. I don't know if it's there. I don't think we've said that with McCarthy all yet. Even though we've been very critical of McCarthy, which is fair because the numbers in the production say one thing, it's not like we've given up on him as a play caller, not at all. So like I want to point people to, you know, Colin and I did a breakdown last week on special Editions, so I think y'all can go back on the on the website or Websiteboys dot com.
Speaker 6: Ye Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 7: But go back and look at last week's episode of Special Edition.
Speaker 3: We did a film segment.
Speaker 7: We broke down what has what has contributed to the red zone woes for the Dallas Cowboys, and one of the areas that we addressed, as well as turnovers as well as missed opportunities. One of the things we talked about was the predictability of the offensive scheme right now. And I think that's what mister Jones was alluding to when he made his his sentiments in regards to Coach McCarthy making bad play calls.
Speaker 3: I think is what is his scheme scheme?
Speaker 8: What did he actually say for the listeners?
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, I don't have I don't want to miss quote, so I'll get it give toy. So in that breakdown, we highlighted, you know, the West Coast offense. That's really at the core of what Coach McCarthy likes to run, right, And there's a lot of different ways you can run the same concepts. You can run it out of different personnels, you can run it out of different formations.
Speaker 3: You could do shifts, you can motion to it, you can.
Speaker 7: Make a very simplified offense look like crazy complex and he just hasn't gotten there yet very much. So what Shanahan does right, So, yeah, he just hasn't gotten the year. So if you go back and look at that special edition episode, you'll see what we're talking about and how teams are really starting to jump and really start to predict what the route concepts are, who supposed to be getting the ball, all those things. And that's why I'm saying, Okay, hey, take what you've been doing, but just make it look super complex, right and still keep it simple for your offense.
Speaker 6: And I'm hoping that debt that comes out with a different result.
Speaker 2: Tuesday on one oh five three the Fan, Jerry Jones said the types of things that we all think we should be looking at as or at is we Sorry, it's hard to rate that Jones quote, Uh, we're designing bad plays, We're designing bad concepts. The facts are that there's some of that, but there's also some.
Speaker 3: Of the execution.
Speaker 2: And so basically he said, bad schemes, bad concepts, bad plays, and bad.
Speaker 3: Execution across the board.
Speaker 6: And I don't agree.
Speaker 7: Before before you go to the I disagree with mister Jones and a regard I wholeheardly on the well on the bad schemes, so more and so execution the execution. But also I'm gonna say, hey, I like the schemes. I dislike the creativity. I like the schemes because I've ran that offense a gazillion times, but I dislike how you're getting to those plays.
Speaker 2: To be fair, he said bad plays, bad concepts. Yeah, so the scheme was the overparching thing. So his actual quote was plays in concepts.
Speaker 7: So what we talked about on the Special Disition episode was concepts, correct. Right, We're talking about certain you know, smash concepts whereas a hitch usually or under in a corner route, things of that nature. But like mix up who's running against So he's mixed up the personnel groupings, but he's not mixing up the formations.
Speaker 6: He's not mixing up how you get to it.
Speaker 7: He's not mixing up pre snap motions to be able to help that get information as whether this is man or zone. Right, are these these coverage declarations?
Speaker 6: Right? All those are things that can contry to your offense.
Speaker 7: Wow, you know it's giving your offense information while making it looks extremely complex for the defense. So I think that's I don't know, maybe he watched our episode. He might have watched the episode.
Speaker 6: So I wasn't.
Speaker 7: I wasn't taking a shot out coach McCarthy in our episode. I was just saying that he needs to get in his back and get more creative. Do what you're doing right, do what you're confident with, but make it look complex.
Speaker 10: The scheme is proven, Yes, the scheme has proven time and time again.
Speaker 3: And we just talked about Kyle Shanahan.
Speaker 10: Kyle Shanahan is running the variation of the scheme, and Kyle Shanahan's scheme is very bare bones, but it's how he masks and how he uses motion and how he makes it so creative that the opposing defense just doesn't know what's coming next.
Speaker 3: But I found it though, Yeah, I found it on film. I found out some more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I found some stuff. But you just need more of that from McCarthy.
Speaker 10: And I said it on yesterday when the question was posed, like, you know, am I giving up on McCarthy or you know.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not, because I've seen him cook up. So now it's just a matter.
Speaker 10: Of getting back to that, and maybe that does involve more pre snap motion because for those that are just like the basic football fan, a very simple concept would be, if you line up and you send somebody in motion, if that man trails over, then that man is in man.
Speaker 1: Ye right, that's trying to say he's not in zone.
Speaker 10: Now, it could be a combo defense with a hybrid zone man, but that particular man just revealed to him that he's in man. So little things like that that you can do to get a tail to help your quarterback.
Speaker 3: So that's kind of what I is.
Speaker 2: Well, last week, when Barry Church was on talking, I asked him the very simple question. I was like, you played in this league for a long time as a defender. I was like, did you like or dislike when teams ran in motion pre stat motion?
Speaker 3: He said I hated it. I was like, that's simple enough for me to say, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Do it because the time, because if there's a defender saying here, like, there's no fallback.
Speaker 3: To doing pre snap motion.
Speaker 2: In my opinion, is it tougher on an offense to run pre stat motion?
Speaker 3: No, exactly.
Speaker 7: It gives you information so like shift so come to the line of scrimmage and shift right. So move your tight ends from the left side to the right side.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 7: So, now the defense from their perspective, you just changed the strength of your offense right, so, which means that they have to change the strength of their defense.
Speaker 6: So that off the bat gives you information.
Speaker 7: Now your defense might change from an underfront to a overfront or vice versa. Right, but you're getting those type of things. Okay, now that you have that, now let's run a motion right, let's run a return motion.
Speaker 6: Right, Let's take.
Speaker 7: CD this, just send them to the quarterback and then send them back. All right, what are we getting?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 7: What information are we gathering? Not only are we getting a man in ari zone declaration, right, we're seeing where these safeties are moving at.
Speaker 3: We're also seeing exactly.
Speaker 7: Can can see gain more more leverage right based upon based upon what his route is.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 7: So there's a lot of things that it gives you advantage of. And that's what I believe that you're going to see more of this week because he's had an opportunity to sit back, self evaluate and now he can cook up some things that are going to help this offense.
Speaker 11: It also helps stack see what he's about to say on the play pre snap. I mean, it gives him just that that little bit of extra spy on what the defense is doing, and.
Speaker 6: The defense has to communicate.
Speaker 7: The number one contributor to bad defense communications communication. The more difficult you could make it on a defense to communicate and do their jobs properly, the more opportunities you're gonna have for drop coverages, right, drop your are we playing?
Speaker 6: Man are replaying his own I don't know, I don't know. It just got mixed up.
Speaker 7: Now, all of a sudden, you got somebody running free down the sideline, right, Oh, don't show the blitz said, Oh crap, I don't know. I don't know when he's gonna snap the ball, right, All those things right, It just causes a lot of conflicts. So that's back to what you were saying about Barry. They hate it because they want to just be able to go up there, Hey, strong, right, strong, right, and then line up and play.
Speaker 3: That's what they want to be able to do. What as soon as you're doing which teams.
Speaker 7: Which teams are doing, and teams are starting to really say, hey, city's in a slot, city's either running over a CD's running a corner.
Speaker 10: And if you need evidence to what Isaiah is saying, just look at how the Cowboys defense has been just scorched over these pass several games.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 10: It's because a lot of reason is because of the miscommunication, because the opposing offenses rather it be the Saints the Ravens, they're forcing them to trade over kind of it. Yeah, they're forcing them to over communicate. And if the communication is it pristine? Yeah, that's the first the first thing.
Speaker 8: You want to miss, assignments and all.
Speaker 2: If you had your guest, if you had a guess on how much the Dallas Cowboys run motion percentage wise, what would it be?
Speaker 6: What would be your guess?
Speaker 3: Unless you already know the answer to.
Speaker 2: Them, I already know the answer, Okay, so I'll stay away from Pat Josh.
Speaker 1: What would your guess?
Speaker 8: Ten percent?
Speaker 3: Okay, Isaiah's a question.
Speaker 2: How what percentage of time do you feel like the Cowboys run motion?
Speaker 6: Oh, maybe twenty three percent.
Speaker 3: It's a little bit higher.
Speaker 2: It's actually a lot higher. Fifty five percent. Fifty five percent. But if you look at some of the other teams I've just pulled up the San Francisco forty nine ers is kind of we're talking about the Kyle Shannan offense and the tree. Would you like to guess on what they run motion?
Speaker 1: No, probably eighty.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah, seventy.
Speaker 1: I was going to go seventy.
Speaker 3: It's eighty right on the dot, so fifty five.
Speaker 2: Great, Okay, you run it more than half of the time, but it's also less than what you run an eleven personnel, which is sixty percent of the time.
Speaker 3: It's less than what you.
Speaker 2: Do in terms of all these other different things on your offense, mixing and matching. You're still not doing it enough compared to some of the teams that do use it quite a bit.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Motion is not the be all, end all softball, but it does give you information and it's an extra added tool that the Cowboys are only using at their disposal fifty five percent of them.
Speaker 3: Gives you information and it creates confusion.
Speaker 2: Yes, but just looking at this, have you seen how many snaps they've gone in play action this year because of how the running game has just been bad. They've had forty six play action.
Speaker 1: Snaps the six games.
Speaker 3: In six games. That's terrible, but seventeen.
Speaker 8: Percent dangerous with that play act not at all.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take our first break. When we come back. We've got some PB vision. We just talked about the Cowboys offense. What is going to happen with this San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Defense that's still a little banged up on their.
Speaker 2: Side, but they've still got some dudes. Nick Bosa, Fred Warner and company. We'll talk about it when we come back right after this with more talking Cowboys. If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you.
Speaker 3: Black Rifle Coffee.
Speaker 2: Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee. Today, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the Cheetah Savannah.
Speaker 13: Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew.
Speaker 3: At and T five G.
Speaker 13: Fast reliable, Secure.
Speaker 4: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you forty deals.
Speaker 14: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 1: If you shout how about them cowboys?
Speaker 15: You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation and If you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 8: The wins will be even tastier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 6: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company. This portion of the show was brought to you by Quaker Oades, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Quaker Oats trusted since eighteen seventy seven. Scanning the Quaker code now and what by your your Internet.
Speaker 6: Notes from the Internet?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sick, sick shit, I love it all right?
Speaker 6: What is you didn't bring up the photo? Is that for tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Yeah? We're going to talk about it tomorrow.
Speaker 2: He actually did text, so just a prelude for tomorrow. We had one of our loyal Talking Cowboys listeners, cole Tea, stopped by yesterday and he delivered some pretty fire T shirts.
Speaker 3: Absolutely excited show these off. We're gonna wear them tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Super grateful.
Speaker 2: He gave us a note. We haven't even read the note yet. We're going to read it on the air tomorrow, so we'll read it with everybody.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: We really enjoyed getting the catch up with him. We got the whole crew out there, took a picture. He posted it up. I'll post it tomorrow after the segment, just so that way it's all kind of relevant.
Speaker 3: But uh, he actually texted earlier and in the the.
Speaker 2: On the text line, he said, back when I was in the Army, we would put coffee grounds in our lips, like Copenhagen.
Speaker 1: To keep us away.
Speaker 3: So he's he's still listening.
Speaker 6: And iron Shrimp.
Speaker 10: I've seen that because I grew up run a lot of military men and women, and I've seen them do that. I've seen them marines. Yeah, yeah, just just right through the gums.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's what I need to start doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, walk in here and just we talk about Josh, the dry shot.
Speaker 10: I want to see you put coffee grounds in the in the bottom lipper.
Speaker 3: I'll do it if you take a sip of.
Speaker 1: Do it.
Speaker 3: You don't want at that back.
Speaker 6: Huh, you don't want to smell.
Speaker 2: I don't want to put I don't want to put coffee grounds in my lips.
Speaker 6: But I'll do it.
Speaker 3: If you take a sip of black Riff for coffee, you don't even have to like it.
Speaker 1: Shout out the coal, shout the cool.
Speaker 3: We do, love you, Cole. You know what else we love? We love learning. We do on this show. There's a lot of learning. Yeah, science, a lot of science, a lot of opportunity, a lot of that. I love learning with a little bit of some.
Speaker 1: White Eddie, Why Eddie put up?
Speaker 5: It's time for QB Vision with Isaiah's stand back.
Speaker 7: Hi guys, Hey, welcome back to Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: They're gonna do the QB Vision now we never left. They can watch us that entire time. I don't know. Some people are just listening. You guys expect you guys have fair oh fair San.
Speaker 6: Francisco forty nine ers.
Speaker 7: Okay, let's talk about them a little bit. There's not a whole lot here because they are are beat down.
Speaker 3: Obviously. We just talked about that in the news and notes portion.
Speaker 7: But just give you guys a little perspective since twenty to twenty one, Dak Prescott versus San Francis scool forty nine ers. How do you guys feel as if he's it's not just Dak, right, but it's the whole offense. How do you guys seed that they weathered versus these guys?
Speaker 1: Not good?
Speaker 15: Not good?
Speaker 6: Bob good oh one three?
Speaker 7: Since since twenty twenty one out it's last in the league versus forty nine ers. Points per game thirteen, completion percentage fifty seven point seven, ideal passing yards per tempt, five point nine passing touchdowns, three interceptions, six, passer rating sixty point three. I say all that to say history has not been great to the Cowboys nor Dak Prescott when it comes into forty nine ers.
Speaker 8: I don't like what you're saying.
Speaker 3: It's okay, you know what, but there is good news. Okay.
Speaker 7: The good news is over the last three years he's facing difference defense, a different defensive coordinator for the forty nine ers every year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, so that's a good news.
Speaker 3: That's good news.
Speaker 6: That is good news.
Speaker 3: They've had the same success with different coordinators.
Speaker 7: I don't know if that's great news. Yeah, let's you don't get the same guy that's get to double up on deck. So that's the good news. Okay, let's look at the other good news. They have a lot of guys that are down right now, right, They're some of their most effective interior defense alignment are down right now. They they rely on those guys heavily to make an impact for them.
Speaker 3: But they have some other dudes, okay.
Speaker 7: And the other dudes that I want to talk about are the guys that you typically don't hear, and that is Leonard Floyd. Leonard Floyd is a dude for them, number fifty six. Obviously, you guys know him from his time in Buffalo. You guys know from his time and with the Rams. He is one hell of a player for them.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 7: He is a guy that is getting to the quarterback uh pretty frequently right now, along with his buddy old pal. And you guys probably know his buddy old pale. Number ninety seven. Yeah, Nicholas Nicholas Bosa, not Nicholas Cage. I like Nicholas Cage is a great actor. Kanye was amazing, but it is treasure guy. Kanye is gone in sixty seven. I'm a gonna see, but I love Kanye.
Speaker 1: We're also more of a long legs. Oh, long legs, long legs.
Speaker 8: Nicholas Cage, are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the Nick You know me?
Speaker 8: Sorry, you go ahead.
Speaker 3: What do you know Nick Bosa for doing starring in movies? No, Nick Bosa? You know him for sacks?
Speaker 1: Yeah, knocking around your quarterback.
Speaker 7: You know him for getting to your quarterback and being the sack guy. He is third in the NFL over the last two seasons with thirty two and a half sacks.
Speaker 3: This season, he only has three and.
Speaker 6: A half though.
Speaker 1: Oh so is he falling off? No, no, no, he's not falling off. He's just pressure.
Speaker 3: Because the pressure he says a completely different story.
Speaker 7: So even though he's tied for tenth in the league in terms of the three and a half sacks, Bosa is still a dude. He will play on both sides. Unlike some defensive ends that we've seen this year. He will line up against whoever he feels is the worst of the two tackles, and he will try his best to take advantage of him. Now, he is leading the league in pressures. That is a problem because those pressures have resulted in turnovers in the form of interceptions for some of the other opponents.
Speaker 3: You can go back and look at Gino Smith.
Speaker 7: He has some good pressures against him, and Gino overthrew some guys and interception. Had fourteen pressures against Yeah, he had a lot of pressures against Seattle.
Speaker 6: He kind of had a day.
Speaker 7: So somebody that you definitely need to be aware of. Obviously, once you get past Leonard Floyd and Nick Bosa, then there is another guy that you kind of have to be concerned about.
Speaker 6: Do you guys know who the guy is at the second level?
Speaker 1: Oh, Freddy Krueger. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Fred Krueger.
Speaker 3: I'm going to call him Fred Warner, which I.
Speaker 7: Consider and I will standing here on the table right in some fruit of the draw right with some tidy white he's on, and said that he is the best linebacker in football.
Speaker 8: And you're right, Why do we need the mental picture of that?
Speaker 3: You had to see it, see it?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 3: Fair enough? Fred Warner the best linebacker in football? Yis?
Speaker 7: I would agree that, not only just because of what he can physically do, but cerebrally he is so freaking smart, and he is athletic is all get out. He's physical, he's vocal. He is when you drop a middle linebacker. He's the guy that you that you draw.
Speaker 3: You remember what he did to Dallas last year? You know, do you remember what he did?
Speaker 2: No interception, a sack, the pressures, the tackle for loss. I mean he was literally all over all over the field, Terrence Terrence Steel, by the way, last year, he was a night. Last year, Terrence Steel against San Francisco recorded the lowest past block grade of his entire career. He was graded on Pro Football Focus as an eight point four eight point four. He allowed eight pressures, a sack, three hits in four hurries on it in an eight point four grade out of one hundred, got an eight.
Speaker 3: He ever got an eight on a test. I haven't done that, Yeah, because you wouldn't be here. What Kyle's talking about.
Speaker 7: It's talking about those pressus, right, were talking about at So we're talking about Floyd, right, We're talking about Warner. Not only is he a dude, he is the only player in the NFL this year with multiple force fumbles and multiple interceptions. So not only not only is he getting downhill right and hidden it crap out of people when he gets there, Yeah, but he's also dropping back in coverage and using his athleticism to go up there and get the ball. He's a dude, all right, He's an absolute dude. Why is this a problem? Why am I talking about those three guys in particular? Because those are both of your defensive ends. Okay, those are your dns. That is also your middle linebacker.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: They don't they don't pressure, but they get pressure. This team blitzes the least amount in the NFL. I think there are bottom three, bottom bottom two or bottom three in the NFL in terms of blitz. Yeah, they blitzed seventeen or nineteen percent at a time. They don't blitz but nineteen yeah, nineteen, But they I mean, but but they get pressure. Yeah, they're getting back there. So what does that mean? That means that you have to be stout up front. These guys are not having to expose themselves defensively in terms of taking risk to still be effective defensively.
Speaker 2: Well, and because they're so good up front and they get that pressure, you can play Nickel, have that extra defensive back, and all of a sudden, the secondary helps out the front. It's kind of what Dallas did under Dan Quinn for a long time. Yep, in terms of pressure up front, allowing for that secondary to.
Speaker 7: Eat correct as we go to the to the secondary, I'm I think the only person that's out there that I'm remotely concerned about is Charvaria's Ward. He's just a he's a yapper, he's physical, he's he likes to get up in your face and stay in your hip pocket. Ye former cowboy but he but But coverage wise, I'm not impressed by these guys. I think that you can get over the top of them. I think that you can beat them. They don't again, because they don't take risk. They're always going to be in a relatively sound defense. They don't lean heavily either way. They don't lean heavily towards single high, they don't lean heavily towards towards too high. They are pretty even killed when it comes to defense. Right, So what that means is based upon whatever personnel groupings you come out with, that's how they're gonna match you.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: They're they're not a predominantly single high team or predominantly they're gonna sit back team. They change it up based upon their opponent. And because they don't have to blitz and they can still get pressure. They usually play it safe, right, they can sit over the top, right, They don't have to do a lot of things. But when they decide to get up in your face and play man, take advantage, and I think that you can.
Speaker 11: I'm a little concerned about Rinardo Green because he had a really good game in Seattle. He was giving DK Metcalfs some issues and basically eliminated a touchdown just before halftime a perfect ball, almost perfect rout and contested to catch and shoved him out of balance. And DK metcalf is a big dude. So I'm concerned about Ronardo Green and how he's going to cerebrally affect Dak Prescott for sure.
Speaker 8: And he has really great closing speed.
Speaker 10: I tell you who the Cowboys would also need to be concerned about. In addition to everyone that you guys were saying, there's another former Cowboys, a former third round pick of the Dallas Cowboys that everybody is kind of forgetting about right now. But he has three sacks right now. He's right up there with the sack tally. As far as those other guys getting getting the job done. Lennard Floyd and Nick Bosa that's Malite Collins. Malite Collins is in San Francisco, forty nine er land right now. And for a lot of Cowboys fans that did not know that, and they're thinking right now after they hear me say, they're like, well, wait, Malie Collins plays over there. Yes, and he's playing, well, he's actually playing career ball over there right now under that defensive scheme, So you got to keep an eye on him. What might work in the Cowboys favor? And I say, Mike because again based upon what I said yesterday, don't faf oh, you need to play like these guys are out there. Kevin Gibbons, he's a three three and a half sack guy. He helps with the pressure from the interior, but he is dealing with a groin injury. He did not participate yesterday. We'll see if he can go or if he's one hundred percent, but you need to play like he's going and he's one hundred percent. But nonetheless, it's that defensive front. Obviously you have Fred Warner patrolling behind. He is hands down the best linebacker in the game. But that front four, I believe, even without Givings, is one of arguably probably the best in the league, and in large part that's also because of what Maliite Collins has given them. So the Cowboys, they have some insight on Malite Collins.
Speaker 3: Use that insight.
Speaker 10: You scouted him, you drafted him, You know his tendencies, you know his strengths, you know his weaknesses.
Speaker 1: Use that exploit that.
Speaker 3: I like it, I don't like it. I like the breakdown.
Speaker 2: I don't like it the breakdown, but I do love or I don't love seeing what they have on the other side. I was looking at this stat from Fred Warner a moment ago, and it's also it goes kind of hand in hand with his versatility at the second level. Since drafting Fred Warner in twenty eighteen, the forty nine Ers have allowed eleven fewer completions on passes over the intermediate middle third of.
Speaker 3: The field than any other defense in the entire NFL. Oh eleven fewer. So that's a lot.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's a full game adamsworth of completions for a really good wide receiver, but that since twenty eighteen, they've allowed a fifty one percent completion percentage to this area over that timeframe, almost two percentage points lower than any other defense. And that's Fred Warner. Not only patrolling from pressures and sacks and interceptions and all these different things. He's just a solid coverage linebacker too.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, then he do all of it.
Speaker 7: And I'm not sure if they put this up on the website yet, but I did a film room breakdown yesterday. Yesterday that breaks down Okay, yes, so go check it out Dallas Cowboys dot com. That shows exactly what Kyle's referring to in terms of how smart and how savvy of a player Fred Warner is in terms of being up. But a come up to the line of scrimmage to one particular play that we show he's at the line of scrimmage, he changes the play call for that offense right, takes them out of a passing situation to put them in a situation where they're now trying to protect, gets them to change their protection. Backs up, go ahead, takes away one of the receiver, and the drops back, takes away another receiver and gets then interception, gets up and returns it for a touchdown.
Speaker 3: The dude is a problem, Yeah, The do is a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is he the.
Speaker 2: Biggest problem for the San Francisco team? Probably but I'm going to take him and Bosa out of the equation, and when we come back, I want you to give me the biggest threat on the San Francisco defense outside.
Speaker 3: Of the names we just mentioned here. In a moment right after this, with more talking.
Speaker 13: Cowboys, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 4: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 9: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agen Turf offers a winning lineup of John Dere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Dear Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf, the official lagonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Dagonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 16: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetie dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And we're going to overtime Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 12: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial Assistant in the Bank of americap mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com. Slash Erica by your Side. Bank of America Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses to me. Very digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the Englis language. Your chap maybe recorded and monitored for quality assurance. Message in dat rais and additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member fd.
Speaker 4: I c.
Speaker 3: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, Patrick Noci Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Isaiah stand back with Doc Chris Beam.
Speaker 3: In the back.
Speaker 2: I'm Kyle Yeomans, all right, biggest threat. We just mentioned a bunch of names defensively, Nick Bosa, Fred Warner, and then which which one of the DB's did you just mention?
Speaker 8: Geez Green?
Speaker 3: Did you say Green?
Speaker 8: Green?
Speaker 6: Green?
Speaker 3: Okaydo Green?
Speaker 2: I wanted to take Ernardo Green out of there too, okay, out of without those guys in the fold.
Speaker 3: Who's the biggest threat on the San Francisco defense?
Speaker 1: Leonard Floyd?
Speaker 2: We said him to no, no, he said in the I said in the teas we didn't.
Speaker 3: You didn't didn't said it last night in the tea's I said, take the names. Take him out outside of Leonard.
Speaker 8: I got you, I got you. Yeah, Malik Mustafa Okay, all right.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that's what I'm looking for. I'm looking for new names.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gave you Maliite Collins.
Speaker 2: That was a good one that I'm going to roll super You can say Malie Conin Collins, and when you circle back around, I'll give an added reason keep going to Josh.
Speaker 11: I think, at least for Malik Mustafa, Dak is just not Obviously, the receivers are not quite there this year, aside from c D who also needs to get to a point where he's in sk with Dak Prescott. To me, a guy like Malik Mustafa can confuse and lull Dak Prescott into making poor decisions, which we've seen so far this year. I'm a little bit concerned about that, but again more so on Ronaldo Green, but molikasoff as well.
Speaker 7: I'm going to say in this particular matchup, I'm gonna say Jay R. Brown, he said the free safety just seemingly from a standpoint, these guys are going to be sitting back, most likely in a too high set, forcing Dallas to run the ball because you don't have to be play single high against these guys at least to this point, which allows the safeties to sit back. And if you're sitting back and you're trying to get CD the ball. Typically Dallas likes to get CD the ball in the form of over routes right when he lines up in a slot, and he likes to run them over about fifteen to eighteen yards across the across the formation, across the field, and safeties can cut on that.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: When I say cut, I mean like, hey, I know where you're going. I'm gonna cut you off, and I'm going to get there first and then beat the beat you there to the ball and try to intercept it. Or you're gonna see kind of what we've seen in Pittsburgh and some of these other games where CD's trying to run corner routes and the safeties are able to sit back and kind of see Dak release the ball and they can jump on those as well.
Speaker 3: So if those things have not.
Speaker 7: Been corrected over this bye week, then I think that he's probably the most advantageous person to take advantage of that in this game.
Speaker 10: So I'm gonna stick with Milite Collins and go back to segment two, listeners and viewers, and you'll see something of the reasons why I say that. Here are a couple of added reasons. Nick Bosa three and a half sacks. Milite Collins has three sacks, right, so only half a sack fewer and sixty fewer pass rush reps. Okay, he has seventeen quarterback pressures nine quarterback hits. But here's another key stat. Nick Bosa has two turnovers created by his quarterback pressures. Melite Collins has won. So while Nick Bosa is all world, Malite Collins as far as getting the pressure, forcing those pressures to be productive for his defense and forcing a turnover, rattling the opposing quarterback, he's doing it, and he's doing it from the interior, something that the Cowboys really would like to have going on on their team right now.
Speaker 1: So for me, it's Milite Collins.
Speaker 3: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with I'm gonna I'm probably gonna say his name wrong, but Leonore on the outside, the de monor.
Speaker 3: Linn Walll' he's the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's been really kind of up and down since twenty twenty one. He hasn't been perfect, and there's some things that he does well. But the thing that I like that he does is he keeps everything underneath. So right now, the yards per reception, where at early early reports in his career it was over sixteen yards per reception, he's given up eight yards per reception right now. He's been targeted forty times, He's given him twenty five receptions. He's broken up a lot of passes throughout. So I don't think he's a game changer. But if we're looking for extra names to say, hey, he could play an impact in this game, it might be something like Lenor on the outside as well. All Right, that does it for us here on Talking Cowboys. Tomorrow, we'll have a say It with your Chest Friday. We got yeah, some new T shirts to rock from our guy Cole. We'll talk about that a little bit and have some fun together and we'll give our predictions for the week eight slate in the NFL. Lots to talk about, and I say it with your Chest for Friday. We'll be back tomorrow for Isaiah standback for crisping in.
Speaker 3: The back for Josh Roderiguez Patrick.
Speaker 2: No see Walker on Kyle Yoman saying so long from Talking Cowboys, we will see you tomorrow.
Speaker 13: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.