Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Preston Dennett began investigating UFOs and the paranormal in nineteen eighty six when he discovered that his family, friends, and co workers were having dramatic, unexplained encounters. Since then, he's interviewed hundreds of witnesses and investigated a wide variety of paranormal phenomena. He's a field investigator for the Mutual UFO Network, a ghost hunter, a paranormal researcher, and the author of I Believe Now It is thirty one books and counting more than one hundred articles on UFOs and the paranormal. His articles have appeared in numerous magazines including Fate Atlantis, Rising Muffon, UFO Journal, Nexus, Paranormal Magazine, UFO Magazine, Mysteries Magazine. His writing has been translated into several different languages, and he's appeared on numerous radio and television programs. He's a frequent guest right here on Coast to Coast and his latest is Humanoids and High Strangeness Twenty True UFO Encounters. Preston Welcome back once again to Coast to Coast AM. How are you.
Speaker 3: I'm doing good. Yeah, thanks for chart.
Speaker 2: How are you very well? Very well. I'm always amazed how you're able to come to the four with stories that have not been told elsewhere, that that they share with you and almost exclusively. Why is that? What is it about President Dennett that people want to tell you and I don't know, unburdened themselves with these stories.
Speaker 3: Well, I do have a wide network, you know, as you said, I've been putting out books for a while. I have a website, you know, I appear on a lot of podcasts, so my name is out there. But I think I've gotten a reputation for being able to put off people's stories in an objective and accurate way. There's a lot of censoring going on. There's a lot of what I would call people putting forth to agenda, shoe fitting, cherry picking. I'm not doing that. I won't sense their person's story other than to vet it. Perhaps each person who I write about in this latest book, and they got their chapter, I sent it to them to ensure accuracy. So I think that's probably one of the reasons. But there's a lot of people out there who are having these encounters. It's not hard to find.
Speaker 2: I wanted to ask you about the vetting process because there are also I mean, there's no question there are people who have some kind of an encounter and experience. But there are other people who are, let's face it, fantasists, maybe delusional, perhaps some underlying mental health issue, or they just want to plane out, you know, spin a yarn. How do you vet these people?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, you do it to the best of your ability, and having been doing this for a while, I think I've gotten pretty good at it. I can't obviously ensure completely that everyone is telling them the complete truth, but you do go through your standard sort of process of this. I will first do an interview that's not recorded. I will just take down notes and see if this is something worth looking into. I will then do a recorded interview and follow that up with at least a couple of other interviews. I will try to get character references, confirm a person's job, or do fact checking on everything that they tell me to the extent that I can. I always love it when a case has multiple witnesses, because I think that adds a level of credibility. And when you examine a person's report, you start to get a feel for it, because there are certain details that might not perhaps be super well known even in the UFO community. By that, I mean details about how the ets might be dressed, the tools they use, the clothes they wear, what the inside of a UFO looks like, the sequence of events that take place, and that sort of thing. And also you gauge at the person's emotional reaction. It's not uncommon for someone to say, you know, please don't use my name, or you know, I have no history of mental illness, and they qualify their testimony to a certain degree saying, you know, I've got a good job, I don't do drugs, this sort of thing. But ultimately, it's the emotion that they attached to their experience that can be a dead giveaway, because when someone starts weeping as they tell you something, or becoming very emotional about it, that is hard to fake. Not impossible, of course. But and many of these cases do have evidence of some kind. I mean, there's one case involving actual landing traces, and he sent me the photographs. I couldn't visit it. That's in Puerto Rico, but yeah, there is evidence.
Speaker 2: Well, tell me about these photographs. Of of a UFO landing. What can you describe these photos?
Speaker 3: Yeah, certainly I absolutely asked for them because this is what he was talking about. He had a ring of kind of crushed grass in his backyard, was following a number of close up UFO sightings and immediately prior to a humanoid encounter. And the photographs clearly show a perfect ring of grass in his backyard about six feet in diameter. He took it from different angles. It's clearly unusual and would be your sort of typical landing trace, which is always awesome because that's fairly rare to get a landing trace case.
Speaker 2: And because you know, the scorch marks were still there, this was a recent event, I'm guessing.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, absolutely was twenty gosh, let me see, I believe it was about twenty fourteen when that occurred.
Speaker 2: Right right, you know. Going through the book, and again there are twenty encounters it featured in the book, and such a diversity of entities mentioned, it's quite mind boggling. You've got grays, you've got human looking ets, mantids, reptilians, angels, nature spirits, ghosts, poultergeists, demons, bigfoot, supernatural entities of all kinds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I really wanted to feature the fact that this the contact experience is much more varied than a lot of people realize, and coming along with it are a wide range of paranormal events. It's not just grays people taking people on bold physically examining them. There's all different types of ets, as you mentioned, human looking, little blue beings, tall whites, mantids. I love the manteed cases. They're not super common and quite interesting, but yeah, almost always contact, these will experience pharenormal events like astral projection, precognition, healing, levitation, even I mean, you name it. Across the board, these sort of things keep appearing, and I really wanted to embrace that because I know that oftentimes these really strange events get edited out of people's accounts. They've told me this, and I think it's important that we include all the events that are happening because they're clearly connected. Oh all right, well, let me see. I think one of my favorite cases in the book is involving a pilot from Argentina, and I like this case because this gentleman has no prior history of UFO encounters, and that's unusual because this is something, as you may know, does start from early childhood and generally speaking around age four or five, but goes on work through a person's life. It's rarely a one off. But this one gentleman, he had never had any encounter in his life. His name is Hector Hector Sawiak, and he's actually from Argentina. It's one of the things I really enjoyed researching this book. I was able to get cases from all over the world. And by that I mean certainly across the United States, but Canada, South America, Argentina and Peru, and across Europe as well, England, let's see, France, Germany, and even beyond that, partly in China actually. But this gentleman, Hector, is a great witness. He is a professor, a college professor, a commercial pilot, at one point a manager of the biggest bank in Argentina. It's a really smart guy. And he had heard about sightings in his area. This is in San Juan, Argentina, and I like this case also because it's recent. This was around twenty fifteen, and he decided he's going to go outside of San Juan and see if you can see all these UFOs. He wasn't even really sure if he believed in them, just had kind of a passing interest and drives an hour out of San Juan into outside of the city lights and he doesn't see anything, doesn't see a blood thing. Really disappointed. But that night he wakes up at three am to hearing his name being called telepathically. I mean he's in bed, and he jumps out of bed. You know this voice, a male voice is saying Hector, Hector, over and over again. He jumps out of bed, runs to the window, and as soon as he gets there, he sees the UFO. It blazes across the sky pretty quickly, slower than a shooting star, but definitely faster than any conventional craft. And being a pilot, he knows this. So he felt like these UFO occupants actually called him out of bed and he had communication with him. So in essence, this is a CE five because he went out looking for UFOs and while he didn't see him immediately, they came that night. But the real interesting part of this whole story is that he a couple of months later, was in his bedroom, woke up to the room filling with light and there were two entities, and one was six and a half feet tall, another about five and a half feet tall, standing in the doorway. And they had your sort of typical gray features, but weren't really exactly grays. They did have kind of grayish skin, bald heads, large eyes, but looked almost human soil perhaps hybrids, hard to say, but they were wearing green jumpsuits with red collars, red cuffs of red belts. He's filled with fear, absolutely terrified, until they say, you have no need to fear. We have not come to hurt you. And I love this part of the story because at this point he says he felt this amazing wave of love coming from them. Actually he described as being like a love like never before, all encompassing, overwhelming, even more and you know, falling in love with his wife or having his baby. And one of the shorter guy walks up to him, cradles his head in his arms, and Hector at this point is crying. This figure pulls out a little pill and says we have come to Helio and gives him the pill, which Hector takes, and that is the experience of a nutshell. He wakes up the next morning he can still fill the tears on his cheeks. The ets are of course gone, but his look on life has forever changed. It's a very strange case.
Speaker 2: How many of these twenty cases are our first first time experiences or contact ease? And how many of them you know that they're experiencing contact or encounters let's say more than once, or maybe even on a regular basis.
Speaker 3: Oh, the vas already involve multiple accounts. It's very rare that it's a one off, and there are a couple of cases in the book because that does happen. That often happens with people who go out looking for them. There's another case that does absolutely speak to that. But generally speaking, No, after you interview the witness and you start digging deep into their history, you uncover much earlier events that usually start around age five or so and continue sporadically throughout life. But that just wasn't true with Hector. I asked him over and over. I'm like, are you sure you had nothing going on in your childhood? Any parents who had encounters because this is often generational. But no, no, that was a one off.
Speaker 2: Let's talk about a case that involves missing time. There were two women. They were taking a trip across the USA and they were traveling along a remote day highway in Utah, I guess, and well you take it from there.
Speaker 3: What happened. Yeah, this is one of the more extensive cases in the book. This occurred in September in nineteen seventy eight. The main witnesses Susan Ware and her friend Karen, who did allow her real name to be used, was along with her, and they were both from the Navy. So this occurred in nineteen seventy eight. Susan's about twenty two years old, I believe, and they were delivering a car from California to North Carolina and had about a month to do it. So they were just going to take a nice, long, leisurely vacation, touching various hot spots, visiting various friends, and just have a good time with it. And they had just left the town of Cedar City or Enoch, in Utah. It was the middle of the night, and they were going to drive straight through to Colorado Springs, which is three four hundred miles. It's going to take them all night, but there was their journey was interrupted for sure because they're driving along this is just a two lane highway at that time, out in the middle of nowhere, it's a beautiful night with the moon and the stars, and suddenly they notice that the stars kind of disappeared, and so is the moon. There's just dead blackness all around them. So if she's hanging her head out the window like a dog. She's in the passenger seat, Susan trying to figure out what's going on, and Karen is also freaking out. At this point, they're just kind of puzzled, not really afraid. But then Karen slams on the brakes and this is weird. This is high strangeness for you. Standing in front of him on the road are about twenty or thirty four foot tall jack rabbits, which are normal because they are spaced perfectly evenly in kind of a random way, each foot from each other, all facing the opposite direction, and are perfectly still for the most part. I mean, they're moving. They can tell that they're actually leaving creatures of some kind but not normal jackrabbits. So they stop, you know, the cars stopped. They both get out, they walk to the front of the car. The music is on the radio, the headlights are on, the engine still running. When suddenly several things happen at once. These quote jack rabbits turn around and they're not jack rabbits. They now reveal themselves to be grays, and the car lights go off, the engine goes off, the music stops playing, and the enormous light blazes down from above and strikes them. Karen starts screaming at that point. The next thing they know, they're waking up, and they are many miles down the room in a little diner in Colorado Springs and really trying to orient themselves. They're feeling quite unwell. They've got basically a very severe sunburn all over their body and missing about, you know, six hours of time at least.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more