Speaker 1: What's up and welcome back another offseason edition of Fantasy Football Weekly. It's getting hot and heavy training camp going on with your host and faithful narrator, mister John Legaza and our friend and yours, mister Jake Troubridge. Jake, I probably knocked down another fifty hand drafts or so shuffling around the ranks as the news were going, we were wondering if we had enough news and notes to talk about. Well, surprise, surprise, every hour seems to bring something, and that thing, like the pebble in the pond, creates some ripple effects. Mister Troubridge, how are you fell?
Speaker 2: Fifty?
Speaker 3: Can we go back a minute and just discuss fifty nonstaffs?
Speaker 2: I wake up too many drafts.
Speaker 1: Nope. I wake up five thirty every morning to start my baseball work, and I started with drafts. I'm balancing different price points on different sites and I don't even though I do rankings and I battle test my auto ranks. Auto drafting is really a dangerous game, and something like best Ball, especially where one pick could really make a difference. So I like the hand draft, and if you're gonna hand draft and try and match any of these tournaments. You're going all day and all night. I'm the first one in work and I'm the first one out the door. So hopefully we can give the impart some of that knowledge and everybody today, How are you doing, Fred?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm good.
Speaker 3: We are just built different, John, That's just all it is, that we're built different. I haven't been doing a single draft since we last spoke. I did get the opportunity to head out to Lambeau Field to check out their training camp on Friday, which was a great experience. I got to see physically see Tucker Craft coming off of the pup list as he was riding his bike from Lambeau to the field. I know we're going to talk about Tucker a little bit later, but you know, it's a It was a much different experience in Green Bay than I understand that it was in say, Minnesota for a training camp. It was a lot nicer from what I understand, the people in the stands at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that comes with the quarterback play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's pink.
Speaker 3: I think maybe things were looking a little more precise angry bad.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say for sure.
Speaker 1: The good news Tuckercraft healthy, the bad news. You didn't get him that love letter that I wanted to give him about how critical he's going to be to my generational wealth. All right, enough for the fooling round band, enough of that, more of this. Let's do the news and notes again. We're gonna run through everybody, and some of these news and notes, even though they be not seem significant, may impact one, two or three other players. So I'll catch your name with the news and note, and you just give me a reaction, you know, bullish, bearish, if you like it, if you hate it, maybe you saw it coming first. One. This one just happened a couple of days ago. Deboke Samuel. He's me going to San Francisco, hopefully avoiding the substation era and the five G overload. One year, four million dollars seems pretty fair. I mean, I probably a good spot right reunited, and it feels so good. They probably know how to use him. My note on Deebo was he was a lot better than I realized he was. I guess, you know, the season's kind of come and go, and I thought of him as maybe more of just an after thought. And he earned ninety nine targets last year. So what are you talking about Debo in that offense?
Speaker 3: I feel like the only real possibilities for Deebo to thrive in fantasy was going to be a reunion of some sort, whether that was Washington or whether that was San Francisco. I didn't really see a lot of alternate paths for him to be not even a fantasy stud, just fantasy relevant frankly this year. But I do think that getting him back in that system is probably a good thing for him. You know, he he produced for Washington. I don't know if that was simply circumstantial because there weren't a lot of other great targets to be thrown to there. You know, Terry McLaurin was kind of dealing with things off and on throughout the year. It was kind of him and zach Ertz to some extent for a good portion of the season. Then again, he was also not catching passes from Jaye and Daniels the entire time, who has also hurt. So he did the best with what he had. That's all you can ask for. I think going back to San Francisco is the number two behind Mike Evans is a good situation. Poor went out for Ricky Piersoll. The guy is just never gonna be out on the field. Apparently his time in the Fantasy Sun might be over before it really gets here, but I don't mind it for debo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a few moving parts on this one. So Deebo again a little bit better than I realized. Still kind of a target earner, you know, which is always the first thing we're looking for. Nearly twenty three percent target perrout. However, right it's normally a pretty low a dot. It was just over five yards. That is not great. So he does come off as a little bit gadgety, but that's a great place to be gadgety and a great place to try and earn yak something that Diebo was still literally elite at six and a half yards after the catch perception last year in that big you know, Tucker Craft and Greg Dulsage to here, right, those guys that if you get them one on one and shake the first tackle or you dive and miss the ankle, they could be off and running. So I still think they's some juice. Again, I think the system is the big boost here, and maybe one more pathway that we haven't mentioned now. I don't know if this is too much galaxy bringing but substation jokes aside, there have been running back injuries, both James and Black injured, and Debo's been pretty effective in his career running the ball, So again San Francisco with a spot that might be able to get him looks behind the line of scrimmage, with a little bit of a room to shake the shoulders. All of a sudden, I'm a little bit interested. We know McCaffrey not the most deficient runner anymore, possible Debo is a guy they might turn to if you need a couple of short yards. What do you think about Deebo in the run game. I don't think you're gonna get a volume thing. But whenever he's been back there and healthy, sometimes it's one or two carries a game and might make a difference.
Speaker 3: My hope with them re signing Debo and bringing him back home is that they plan to take just a tiny bit more of the workload off of CMC. That's been my biggest concern about Christian McCaffrey is how can he possibly coming off of a four hundred plus touch season his career high, how can he do it again? We don't want him to do that again because I feel like that's just asking for trouble. So if you can have Deebo back there taking some of this stuff off of his plate, not a lot, It's rarely been a high, you know, touch count for Debo coming out of the backfield, but like you said, he's been good at it. And if that saves CMC so he can play most of the season, That's really what I'm looking for out of Debo in the backfield.
Speaker 1: Very last thing, are you drafting him right? He's at price one point thirty five right now. It hasn't really moved much. It felt kind of baked in. He was telegraphing this with the workout program and stuff. I thought he was coming back. So I'm not really expecting the price to move up too much. It may move up a little bit. He's going around Jaden Reed, Jordan Addison, Jacobe Meyer is probably where he belongs to. He's drafting Debot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, around that group of players. I like Deebo as to stand out because Mike Evans at his advanced stage not a lot to say on the field, either, So don't we don't often talk about wide receivers as being handcuffs. But there is a world where Deebo gets even more workload this year.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, you mentioned contingency value on wide receivers. We're gonna get back to that in a little bit. I'm gonna bury that lead for a little bit because there was one that I kind of foresaw coming that looks like maybe it might be coming to fruition. Let's move to the next one. This is the newest deal. This was, you know, breaking news. Bump bump, bump bump. Stephan Diggs is gonna be going to Washington, right, So it's like the pieces are going where we thought, but maybe not exactly where we thought. I got a little crisscross applesauce there, as my daughter would say, But these things happen. Deal's gonna be worth up to twelve million dollars. All the details are still a little hairy, but he is going to Washington now. We spoke about Diggs briefly this offseason already, so just to cut to the chase. I was surprised he didn't go back to England. They brought him in after knee injury. My assumption was to pick up on end plus one this year with the Drake may breakout, which happened and they got continuity, but they didn't push forward with Diggs. So you know, the attitude thing maybe what was the cause there at only five hundred and sixty six snaps for Digs, he earned over one hundred targets when eighty five, ten, thirteen and four twenty four and a half target per round over two point four yards per rout, he still got it. So I'm expecting him to fly up boards. I was digging around the Twitter streets briefly, and it looks like early estimates are ADP ninety right now. It was about one thirty to one thirty five. So talk to us about Diggs. Did you like him? And do you like him where he's going? Because I think that pick ninety probably feels about right where you are on Stephan Diggs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with Stefan Diggs.
Speaker 3: The thing about the resigning not coming to fruition until now, I thought was more due to the off the field stuff, and that seems to have tempered down. And let's face it, if there is a team that is going to shove aside the off the field stuff and invite somebody in, it is probably going to be Washington one of like three teams who would be completely willing to overlook that stuff. Now on the field, Diggs last year you mentioned it great metrics. I would also add he had the fourth highest ESPN Open Score rating, which measures separation from defenders amongst wide receivers.
Speaker 2: That was tied with Garrett Wilson.
Speaker 3: That is a good place to be, especially at the age that Stefan Diggs is at. So yeah, I don't mind Stefan Diggs in the what would that be, eighth round? I mean, at this point you're just hoping at least somewhat of a fast start. Obviously, it's a new quarterback, it's a new system, it's all that. But I think Stefan Diggs is uh not maybe the highest upside play, but he's a pretty reliable play based on where you're drafting him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's high probability throws, potentially very explosive offense, and if he's healthy, can handle more of a snapload there. I think there's a Again, I don't think this would be a wide receiver one, but where you're getting him definite value. Last question before we move on, one of the hot pieces for the Commanders was Chigakonkuo. I think inevitably he's going to be affected. As of today, he was tight in sixteen around ADP one forty three. I would expect that to fall. Maybe he falls down a tier into the one fifties, more closer to Schultz Barner, maybe even Terrence Ferguson, who's really on it. He's on a bit of a steam ride up right now. So what do you think about Chike? Should people be happy with what they got? Maybe not pushing up any further me. I had some Chike when I would get him around cost. I don't think I'm gonna be paying the new I think I'm out at what I'm considering a premium. We spoke about this also. One of my paramnuster tight ends. I want them to potentially be the second target earner. I think that's now at the window. What do you think about Chiga Conquo in regards to the new digs move John.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm being stubborn. I might be.
Speaker 3: I've been known to, but I feel a little bit like Leo DiCaprio and Wolfe of Wall Street. Right now, I'm not oh, thank you wow, that's just overflowing with undue.
Speaker 2: Compliments. I appreciate it, but.
Speaker 3: I do think this is a situation where you're going to see Stefan Diggs go there and you're gonna think the worst for mister o'conquo.
Speaker 2: I don't think this is the worst.
Speaker 3: I think that this is a situation where Diggs can raise the boats along with the tide a little bit in Washington. Now, this does to me spelled just disaster for any early breakout hopes for that rookie Antonio Williams. That's somebody that I'm just plainly not interested at this point.
Speaker 2: But Chico Conquo.
Speaker 3: We still don't know how effective Terry McLaurin is going to be. Last year it was a bit of an outlier for him. Admittedly a lot of a do I think to the holdout from training camp and some of this stuff kind of spiraled from there. But you know, we don't know how much that Terry McClure necessarily has left in the tank.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that he's going to be a disaster either.
Speaker 3: I just want to keep my mind open to the possibility that Chigo Kongo is still out there seeing seventy eighty plus targets and being very effective with those targets.
Speaker 2: So I'll take him in the last round.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Yeah, Okay, I'm with that. I still think he's gonna get a full confident snaps. I think my hope for the ceiling case was an extra boost in target chair underneath, in particular at the slot, and I think Diggs is probably gonna soak up a lot of that. We've seen a lot of two tight ends which would push Chig maybe offline where he could be really effective and be a matchup nightmare. So he's stuff we not out. I think they're still talent there, and I like the offense. We haven't seen a ton from him, and I think that's why I don't. I just don't want to ton. You mentioned McLaurin. I can't help it because David Plow, the new coordinator, had mentioned getting him not only ten targets a game, but moving him around the formation. And that's a total bull signal for me. Whatever we're hearing about getting your ex or most talented receiver you know away from the outside all the time. We saw it be the you know, breakout point for London on a par game basis, and Ceedee Lamb on a pre game basis even justin Jefferson at points, I think that's I think that's how you do it. So, yeah, I guess you're right. I guess you're right. Maybe I'm was a little too overreactive because at the end of the day, he really is still cheap and it's a tight end with ceiling that you could easily drop and replace. All right now, the radio listeners can't see, but I'm wiping away a tear for Philadelphia rookie wide out Mackay Lemon wide receiver nineteen's going up high man. He now hasn't practice for a second straight day because of the hamstring that's been an issue in the past, and we haven't gotten details. The quotes are kind of murky. The actual injury is quote unquote unknown. We don't think it's quote unquote significant, but it is alarming. If he's missing half the spring with an injury. What do you think about Lemon? Someone I was drafting this is a contingency value. I'm pushing up wix just in case this keeps him out and stalls that rookie learning curve. Where were you on, mkayle Lemon?
Speaker 3: Yeah, my heart is drowning in pure sadness right now. John McKay lemon, one of my favorite rookies coming in, had very high expectations for him in the sort of new look Philadelphia offense that's gonna be without Aj Brown hamstering injuries. I've said it before, I'm not a doctor. I don't even have the lab coat, but recurring hamsterring injuries are nothing to mess with in fantasy football because the possibility that he suits up week one and they say he's fine and he's out there, but then gets reinjured throughout the season. That's a real thing. We've seen guys come on and off the injury reports because of hamstring injuries, and so planning week to week can be very tricky. And then the added fact that he is a rookie and it could have already been a slow start for him because earlier in the mini camps he was dealing with this hamstring injury. It's all just kind of boiling up to this spot that I hate to say it, I'm not very interested in mackay Lemon in Redraft right now.
Speaker 2: In Dynasty, I'm.
Speaker 3: Still very bullish, incredibly bullish on the guy in Redraft.
Speaker 2: Eugh, it makes me so nervous.
Speaker 3: I don't know that I'm gonna go crazy and start pivoting to all of the other pass catchers that are there. DeVante Smith also dealing with a hamstring injury, but that's a newer thing, that's not something that's been popping up. So I feel more confident about DeVante Smith and his availability and the fact that he's a veteran. But yeah, it's a real bummer. So maybe Dallas Godder will find his way into my redraft stocks a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a big boost for him. He's always excelled whenever pieces we're missing, and it's not just fantasy football, Fantasy sports in general happens as baseball all the time. The baseball season that was so long, a lot of times we want them to stay out, stay out as long as you need because of the reaggravation factor that you mentioned. That's number one. So here we are hoping that they keep out a rookie who needs critical snaps. Even right generally we're thinking about rookies producing in the second half. A lot of that is based on chemistry and repetitions that they've built up along the way. If you're going to hamper that number. Oh Man, the stanks. I'm a little bit worried Lemon had been one of those, you know, an oasis for me. We've talked about waiting for quarterback lots of times. You can go Hurts to Lemon at the seven to eight turn or in the seventh, in the eighth and you're feeling really good about a quarterback one and a wide receiver like four or flex guy that could right into production. Now I'm worried. I've been drafting do Tavian Wicks. He goes so late really after thought, I just had him as a contingency play because one, I just worry about rookies catching on it in the NFL at all. And then, like you mentioned, there are a few wideouts that I feel would step into a prominent role with an injury, Wix being one of those guys. Do you think Wix should be part of a last round red draft plan? There are people drafting right now, and I would say, if you can make him an easy drop, you definitely want to do that because you could see where this could go very right for Wicks.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you brought up Wis first. I didn't want to have to do it. As the packer fan. I didn't want any sort of fandom fanaticism sort of.
Speaker 2: Biasing me in this.
Speaker 3: But I do think Dantavian Wicks has been getting a fair amount of hype already.
Speaker 2: Coaches seem to love him.
Speaker 3: He does seem like somebody who could step into a sizable role. If he's a last round or approximately a last round guy, yeah, toss him on my roster. And like you said, if he starts off the couple first couple of weeks and he doesn't look that great and he's just not earning targets, all right, smell you later.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I think this is a possible uptick for the Wix hive, but just a tough blow for the lemonheads out here.
Speaker 1: Man. Yeah, I love all those name drops, by the way, Yeah, one hundred percent. As much as we like these rookies, we have to be honest about it. Now, if he were to start getting into the ninth and the tenth, I'm going to reconsider it where it's more of even a bench pick sometimes, right, I don't look to overpay for rookies. I wouldn't consider that an overpay. I'll draft him in, stant him and then go back for starters that I think could produce in the first once again, you know, like Wix and maybe they make an interesting handcuff pay. Maybe we're in the age of handcuffing wide receivers. Who knows now next wide receiver you mentioned. I don't think we really need to go into it. It's it's Ricky Piersoll. It doesn't sound like you're gonna get anything from him, though. I guess there's one easy question. Would you Ricky Piersoll right now at any cost? Again, my hands are firmly in the fantasy third. He still gets drafted in every single draft. Sometimes it's at the very end of the twentieth round there where if he's gonna come back, even for the last month or two, he could be a contributor. I'm not that guy. I don't like to invite injuries. Would you draft Piersol at any cost?
Speaker 2: Nah, I'm out. I don't see it.
Speaker 3: I just there's no reason for me to believe that he's gonna be back there in any reasonable amount of time to have him clogging up my bench spots, even in an ir spot at that point, like, if he's going to be back for the fantasy playoffs. All right, great, I guess, but we don't even know if he's gonna get much run if Debo is still there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And for as much as these coaches and coordinators lie to us, basically every time they open their mouth, transactions and roster moves our truth, right, playing time is truth. That's when they actually show their cards, when they go and acquire somebody with some talent, even though I don't think their archetypes necessarily overlap. They just brought somebody in immediately, which worries me. Now, talker Craft, cheese, let's go, man. I was really excited to see that he came off the puppulist immediately. Again, there were people who paddicked. You told us to be careful with that. We went through the different types of puppulist. You could check that out last week. He's practicing. They are over the moon about this guy. They say he looks fantastic. He's even dropped not a full round was my trigger point. At ADP eighty, I am seeing him closer to ninety. At points, I think just the pup thing has people a little off. I would draft Craft, I would draft Graft and stash him if I had to, but I'm drafted him because think he's gonna be ready for Week one talk to us about your tight end one.
Speaker 3: Just just so excited for this man to be back on the field. I can barely contain myself. I've been saying for much time, maybe too much time, arguably, that there's been too much of an emphasis placed on this injury because we had some ambiguity there, and I.
Speaker 2: Can appreciate it.
Speaker 3: I can appreciate not wanting to jump into bed with somebody who's coming off of an injury like that. But with both him and George Kittle, these are two guys, two archetypes that if they say they're going to be out there, there's a pretty decent chance you should believe them. They've proven that they have a history, they have a good track record fighting through these injuries. Now, I don't know that Craft's going to come off to a hot start. That's the one thing I've been cautioning about, and you've mentioned as well, John, If you're going to draft Tucker Craft, which I plan to, I am going to make sure that I grab another tight end very late that I feel somewhat comfortable in for the first couple of weeks because I don't want to be out here and then Kraft is, you know, only running thirty percent of the routes or something like that his first couple of weeks. I just want to be safeguarding myself. So give me that Greg Dawst super late or whoever Chicoconquo now if he's going to be following that far, and let me rely on those guys the first couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that. I actually love that you mentioned the players that in this new meta were up against with multiple tight end sets and fewer three wide receiver sets, those might be guys that end up being flex plays. We haven't quite entered the realm of tight end flexes, but you could see how it could get there for some of these teams only because their only tight ends in name only right, A lot of times, like I mentioned before, the second tight end pushes the more athletic one offline where they're actually running a wide receiver route from a slot role, and they would and should be wide receivers. So there is a possibility, and I like those names again, guys that could be at least the top three target and their team can do the shoulder wiggle, make some space. All right, We're probably about halfway home in this one as far as names, but I think these next ones do more of like a lightning round. I have Xavier Worthy up next. He springed his shoulder again. Now he hasn't returned to practice. They're expecting him later this week. It is the same shoulder that cost him essentially the entire year. From an efficiency standpoint, I was already a little bit if he on Worthy. I think I'm out for as many drafts as I do. Jake, I mean zero outer, if that's a word. I just I zero out tons of players. I don't and some people do that a player at any price, not me. That's not me. There are players that don't fit, and especially when it comes to injuries. I've been into the Cyrus Allen stuff. He's banged up, goes one hundred picks later, and I'd rather take a pop. I do think someone in that pass catcher room will go off the like Worthy. I know we still have some fans out there. It's just not me. I didn't think he was going cheap enough in the first place, and now certainly not. Now.
Speaker 3: Doesn't it feel like a million years since Xavier Worthy had that playoff run for the Chiefs a couple of years ago, where we didn't get to experience it for fantasy purposes because it was after our fantasy seasons wrap.
Speaker 2: But in the Chiefs actual postse he just garbage time out.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, sure, but there was a couple of games even before that, before the big garbage time loss he still had it felt like he was ramping up, and then the injury whatever else came into play. Patrick Mahomes. The offense in general just hasn't looked good this past year. I was starting to get my hopes up, though, John, because you know, I love the return of Eric the Enemy as their offensive coordinator. But no, I just can't trust Worthy at this point. This is getting me to pivot a little bit more. If I don't, for example, want to believe in Tucker Craft, maybe you should then wait a couple of rounds and see what old man Travis Kelsey has left in the tank. Yes, Cyrus Allen, I could also see a case for him. He's been getting all the social media training camp highlight love, so why not.
Speaker 2: I'd rather do that than Worthy, for sure.
Speaker 1: Now what about Thornton, He's Taekwon Thornton's also getting a little bit of love at the very back end, and not to even Drake be into my best bull streets. If you are getting volume on the Chiefs and the deep looks, that could be a valuable piece, right, It could be a flex star. Do you think Thornton has any value? I'm really having a tough time with these Chiefs. I've been worrying about the pass volume in general. The entire market is higher on Mahomes than I am man outside of Kenneth Walker. If the Chiefs are really prolific pass offense, I'm gonna be in a little bit of trouble because I've not been on that. Do you like anything there? I mean again, these guys are last round picks. Would you take a stab on any either or both?
Speaker 3: It's just really hard. I mean, Taekwon Thornton was getting some hype last offseason as well. If I recall when he made the jump to Kansas City and again all the other stuff still holds true that the offense itself was just looking.
Speaker 2: Lackluster.
Speaker 3: So I don't want to blame it all on Taekwon Thornton, but we're talking about a guy who through four years, still hasn't cracked the century mark in receiving yards. It's a tough guy to want. I want to buy into. I don't know if I buy into that light of a breakout. I'd rather go with Cyrus Allen.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also the hey, a quick way to lose your money is to bad against Patrick Holmes. But I've been going back and watching all these deep throws. It's just not the same player. Maybe it was just old Terry Hill, but he just came up as it was always the most accurate deep bawl and he could always be deep. It just hasn't felt the way to me. I don't know. Again, there is certainly a pathway to the unemployment line, but against the Chiefs, but I think I'm gonna take it again. Worthy would have to really fall of me again on it. But I'm not drafting them at all until her at least returns to practice. All Right, enough bad news, enough bad news. How about a little bit of good news. And it's been tough, Jake I have. I don't think I put a single piece of injury optimism out there all off season, not how I roll. However, Daniel Jones and his achilles man. The thing with these Achilles surgeries is they've physically come up with a new technique. Right, So I'm trying to correct my own arc, right, my own recovery arc because of the new surge, which's a whole new type where players are on a different timeline. Daniel Jones, it's the quote was clearly in a good place. He's quote unquote unimpeded. That was from ESPN's Ben Solac said, it's gonna be one hundred percent wheels up, full playbook for Daniel Jones. They're not gonna be babying him. They're not gonna be doing anything of the sort. He feels like himself. The reason I say this is I was worried about that because that's what I do as a pessimist. We saw how great that Colt's offense was with him about the center, I don't think I could afford to be fading the entire Colts offense. I'm starting to draft Jonathan Taylor a little bit in the first I'm starting to draft Downs even I was already drafting Warren when he falls. So should I be coming off like the LEDs here a little bit? I was fully ready to go into the season with zero Colts and now like, man, I'm starting to scoop him up where I can because I think they're still cheap. If Daniel Jones is one hundred percent and they're really rocking and rolling in camp, people could start getting really bullish. We could see the Colts get more expensive. Where are you on Indie going into it? This is going to be polarizing in the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: I think it is.
Speaker 3: And first of all, can I just say how heartwarming it is to have somebody earnestly be like, yeah, I was worried about the Colts, but now that Daniel Jones is going to be healthy and presumab lead starting, that's not where we were a year ago, two years ago, three years ago.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just let's.
Speaker 1: Credit change styche Let's I'll going to credit Stiched for as much of this as Daniel Jones. But the splits were just very hard, dude, you know, being controvertible. Man, we're talking about and historically good. I've been expecting them to even be that good, but they were so historically good. How dare we fade a John mthan Taylor who's going in the end of the first round people are not into him at all, So focus about the Colts and specifically were you drafting JT and how are you treating them going forward?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, Jonathan Taylor.
Speaker 3: The only knock that I had against him at all was just another workload thing. This is a guy that also saw more than three hundred and fifty touches last year. It's just it's not like he's old by any stretch. But we have a pretty good track record of seeing a downtick from those guys the following season. I don't know that that's going to be the case with JT. But that's my argument for not drafting him at least early in the first round. I'm still fine. I'm still fine to take him. I think he's a good investment. I would say Tyler Warren is the guy that I was looking for to make sure that he had competent QB play before I got too excited, because his ADP is significant and that's not something that I want to mess around with with early tight end. You kind of look for any red flag for a tight end when you're drafting them that early, and if he was going to be catching from the backups or god, forbid they bring in another septagenarian quarterback off the streets to start throwing to him, then that would have been a real concern from Tyler Warren. But I'm good with him. I'm good with Josh Downs. The guy that I'm still ambivalent about is Alec Pierce. He has his own injury stuff that he's dealing with, and I also just never thought that he was going to be the de facto number one receiver there. So the rest of the guys I'm good with, though I'll bite.
Speaker 1: And take the piece of humble pie on Pierce. A lot of that was before the injury. I pumped the brakes. The price didn't really sink in proportion to my worry. So I've stopped drafting Alec Pierce. I'm getting a little bit high on the Josh Downs stuff now, I gonna be careful in this hopem. I'm normally a very kind of ardent drafter, right, I have my priors. I'm sticking to him because of well researched Josh Downs is getting talked up as a player that could be a focal point in two wide receiver sets if they don't sign Keenan Allen. There's been talks about that, So that's what I'm waiting for. I've got Downs right, Mike, Crosshairs, Jake, He's a guy. If Alan goes somewhere else, I am gonna get real bullish on Downs. Do you think that he could be part of the two wide receiver game? It has not been a part of his game at all, But they haven't brought anybody move away from Pittman. The opportunity, at least theoretically is there. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's I mean, that's not for me to decide, obviously, that's for the coaching staff to decide how they really want to force the issue with him, because certain coordinators will completely readjust everything. If they love what they've seen from one of their players, but he doesn't fit the traditional mold of like a two wide receiver set guy, they will find ways to get him out there if they really want to.
Speaker 2: It's getting long now.
Speaker 3: In the tooth, late in the offseason for us to suggest that they're going to bring in Keenan Allen and that's gonna zap everything away from Josh Downs. It's almost to the point where I'm not hoping for it, because Keenan Allen would be a little bit of a headache.
Speaker 2: But I think that the ADP.
Speaker 3: Discount you would get on downs after like a Keenan Allen signing, would be interesting to me, and I think I might chase him down draft boards if that's the case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, you're always gonna have my ear of making price, you know, determined the arguments man. All right, two more names to get through them really quick. It's a little bit more good news. Jacksonville running got Chris Rodriguez is practicing with the team and they are really they are really talking him up. I don't like to buy too much into drum beat stuff, though I do think it's something everything is in agreement based on Chris Rodriguez looks fantastic in the role that we're hoping for trucking over guys, and I was kind of high in Baseiel Tutin. I think Rodriguez could also be good. You have to believe in the Jacksonville offense being really great with conant the switches. Why not. So I think it's fine if Rodriguez moves closer to Pick one hundred than he is now, maybe Pick maybe one twenty or one thirty. I think I might be out, but as long as he's hanging around in the tenth round or later, I think he could be a flex option. What do you think about Chris Rodriguez? Most likely you know it's not instant, but I do think he's in line for a lot of the high value goal line work for a team we think is gonna score a lot of points. Where are you on c Rod?
Speaker 3: I am worried that he's going to be annoying, more so than individually fantasy relevant or fantasy great. I'm most worried that he's going to be annoying and really cut into the upside of bacial toot And I'm backing away slowly with my hands up from Basil Touton right now. Because there's a thing that happens with these coaches where Liam Cohen has known Chris Rodriguez for a very long time. They go way way back, and sometimes with coaches, they force the issue with those guys because of their history together. Even if I think Chris Rodriguez is a good player, don't get me wrong. I think he's a good quality running back.
Speaker 2: I don't like him.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody likes him as much as Liam Cohen likes him, so you know, even if he's inefficient or whatever, you know, he's not a great pass catcher, Cohen's probably going to want him on the field a good amount.
Speaker 2: So I'm kind of staying away from this backfield entirely.
Speaker 1: Now. Yeah, that's been a little bit of a running theme I'm noticing again on those Twitter streets, and I think it's true. Is one of the maybe let's go to disconnect, right, disconnects between fantasy and real life. Is real life coaches like success rate way more than we do, and they like EPA perrush way more than we do. Those numbers do not really correlate to fantasy success, but they do correlate to drive success and efficiency, which helps the real life team. So, and the jaguarsn't have to be really good to make Sea Rod the David Montgomery to Basil Tuton's Jumior Gibbs. So I've been seeing Tuton approach the fourth round where I've had to say, mos Rico a little bit too rich for me. Man, You know, I can't really get there if he falls into the fifth and I need a RB two. I think Tuton could definitely be that guy. But yeah, now I'm starting to get a little bit into the sea Rod. But really, Jake, it's gotta be half point PPR. I think that's where he really stands out when the touchdowns are worth that much more. Right, last player, I note my j ETSS Jets rookie tight end Kenyan Sadiq had a setback. It's recovery for hernia surgery. Excuse me, And you know I was not drafting him when he got hurt, and I was taking some slings and arrows. What's the big deal, John, just hernia. He's gonna be fine. I said, you could have setbacks during anything, and it is in a place where you're working. It's in the core. So I don't know. I'm not buying in now he's gonna start sinking like a stone. My question is, again there's the rookie worry. There's also been some historical data, Jake on tight ends. We know first round tight ends have a history of not producing. They have as of late, but none of them have missed time. Right, something we've already mentioned already today. I wonder if Mason Taylor is a viable twentieth round pick. If you like the Jets. Right now, I'm kind of washing my hands of all of it. I guess Taylor is an okay tight end for but I don't know. I think I'm out in the situation. Would you be buying Sadiq down boards? I like that term you used before.
Speaker 3: First of all, John, I don't have a corps. I don't think so. I don't understand how will hernia injury? I had even effect a core?
Speaker 2: Oh good?
Speaker 3: Can I borrow one sometime? I shoy having one of those. I do think with Kenyon Sidik though. The unpolished nature of Kenyon Sidique, he's an amazing athlete. Freakish athlete is the type of phrasing that people like to use for tight ends of this build.
Speaker 2: They're not traditional.
Speaker 3: You wouldn't expect him to be the next George Kittle, Travis Kelcey, whatever. But he has a skill set that's very interesting, and if you polish it and refine it, he can be very useful for a team. I've long said I don't know that the Jets are that team to be able to polish and refine him the way that he needs to be, and certainly not in his first year. All this does is kick that can further down the road to the point where I don't know if I'm gonna be comfortable drafting him next year. John, Obviously there's a long ways away. We can discuss it at a later time, but it's terrifying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we probably want to see something from him this year. Yeah, it's kind of scary. Again. I'm Alwa's bagging the same drum about repetitions and chemistry, especially for first year players. I think it's extremely important in this league. So I'm I'm just not gonna bother with Sadik just in case. I don't think this is gonna be a season ender as far as the injury goes, but I'm afraid the impact might last the entire season. All right, Jake, that'll do it. We spent the entire episode on our news and notes, but hopefully it mattered right how those like I said, the pebble in the pond creaks the ripple eff fact downstream players that we like, players that we don't. We'll be back next week, everybody with more of the same. As the league starts to change. We promised we'll get some of those bold predictions that you and I wrote down, Jake. So from John Lagaza and Jake true bridge everybody, thanks for listening, and have a very weekend. Mm hmm