Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack arms Strong and Joe Catty.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and gatty, and he.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and getty.
Speaker 1: This is the cat Killer Clockburger to try.
Speaker 2: I've never eaten cat food before.
Speaker 1: I think he likes it. It's tasty, it's good. I wouldn't expect this to beat cat food. It's a little mushine, but flavor wise, actually not too bad. Exit all, it's not too bad. It doesn't taste like cat food, taste like a burger.
Speaker 4: I don't like stunt food. I'm stupid.
Speaker 5: I don't doubt that a Michelin starred chef could take cat food and put enough stuff.
Speaker 2: In it to make it taste delicious. I don't doubt that a bit.
Speaker 4: And or use the usual components of cat food, which would be fish and chicken, and craft a burger and then call it cat food burger.
Speaker 1: To get attention. I don't doubt that could happen either.
Speaker 5: You've made Joe angry Michael with your stupid, stupid clip.
Speaker 4: All right, I don't appreciate having my intelligence insulted. Michael on my very own radio show, Slash podcast. Thank you for listening.
Speaker 5: So I got this text I thought was kind of interesting. This is around the whole Russia Ukraine thing, which again won't belabor this point, but I think the missing element of this old story is Putin has no interest in stopping, so I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what we're doing. I don't know what was doing.
Speaker 5: I think it's all kind of gonna slam to a clothesier like today because he there's no interesting.
Speaker 2: Quitting one of the.
Speaker 5: Parties preferring war will hurt the peace process. How about the party that's winning currently. Yes, we got this text during my forty year legal career. I actually as a court appointed mediator dozens of times.
Speaker 1: Those cases are a fascinating field.
Speaker 4: Right anytime you want, I'll bet you have amazing insights into humanity.
Speaker 5: Those cases were obviously less complicated than mediating the end of wars, but they do have some parallels. First and importanceance is the neutrality of the mediator. This might speak to the way Trump is handling things. Nobody has confidence in the mediation process. If one party perceives a mediator to be biased in favor of the other party, that never, in all caps works unless one side is ready for a complete surrender.
Speaker 4: Hello, half of couples counseling two thirds, three quarters.
Speaker 5: I don't know, but maybe that's the whole Trump thing. He's done a lot of deals. Maybe he realizes if Putin has to believe that, like, I'm just as interested in him getting a good deal as Lenski getting a good deal, or this will never even, we won't even get started. Yeah, if not, they believing in the mediator being unbiased, The parties go through this dance that the mediator can only stand by till they get it out of their systems. Almost universally, both sides say they are happy to go to trial, ig go on fighting the war in order to intimidate the other side to give up its concept of total victory.
Speaker 2: That's pretty interesting.
Speaker 5: So both sides at least say out loud, fine with me if we keep fighting, because the second you don't, obviously I've lost all leverage.
Speaker 1: Right, you're the person who wants the deal more so.
Speaker 5: I think in this case Putin actually does want to keep fighting, but he would claim that even if he wasn't. Yeah, the mediator knows. This is usually bs that they want to keep fighting, Otherwise there would be no agreement to mediate in the first place.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 5: Why would Putin get together for these meetings at all if he didn't have some interest in peace. The difference between the war situation and these examples this court guy has is in a divorce, there's no reason for you to just drag it out longer.
Speaker 2: You're not getting anything out of that.
Speaker 4: Whereas I was going to say, unless you were draining one percent of their net worth per day and you just wanted to delay for DeLay's sake.
Speaker 1: No, that's where the metaphor breaks down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Putin does get some advantage out of just dragging it out. While that dance goes on, The best thing a mediator can do is remain patient. Behind closed doors, the mediator meets with each side separately, trying to be candid with them as to the strengths and weaknesses of their case. As a neutral mediator sees it, those discussions have to be this is interesting too, Those discussions have to be confidential, or else one dude would seize on the confidential discussions as a sign that the other is weakening, which not surprisingly emboldens the other side when they think they've got the upper hand and then adopt a more firm's stance, And that gets to the whole Henry Kissinger thing about when you've got carping coming in from both sides all the time, you can't have a mediation because well, for obvious reasons. I think he always uses the example of a romantic couple. Imagine a romantic couple trying to get together when you had about a bunch of outside voices, you know, claiming things that aren't true, or shouting questions or whatever. It would you never get anywhere?
Speaker 1: All right? Does it bother you that he wants? Yeah? Have you heard the rumor that she has slept with you know, ten guys in the last week.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't heard that. I'm not commenting on it.
Speaker 4: No, and it can't possibly be true. I've been with her, But still that over and over again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So the one of the narratives on the Sunday shows was or I guess it was the week? Was it?
Speaker 2: God, this has all happened so fast?
Speaker 1: Was it just last Friday? Just this past.
Speaker 5: Friday, a week from tomorrow, when the whole meeting in Alaska thing happened?
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, Anyway.
Speaker 5: After that it was with walked away with no concrete agreement. Well, you don't know what happened. You don't have the slightest idea what happened. What are we even talking about?
Speaker 4: Well, right, that was silly from the beginning. I mean even Trump made clear, no, we're just going to see if there's the basis for an agreement.
Speaker 1: Anyway, there's not.
Speaker 4: It's marriage counseling in which one of the partners is saying, you know, I despise this person and want nothing more than to be divorced from them.
Speaker 1: So that's putin no matter what he may have claimed.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Speaking of counseling and that sort of thing, we were talking yesterday I think it was in this hour, hour four of the show about Abigail Shreyer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that makes more sense with like marriage counseling than the mediator of a divorce. That's the having the marriage counseling when one person has already made up their mind. That's what might be going on with this war situation. One site has already made up with their mind they're gonna keep fighting.
Speaker 4: So again, speaking of mental health, we were talking about Abigail Schreyer and her book Bad therapy and the fact that her kid got a mandatory You've got to leave the room, multiple questions about do you wish you were dead, if you felt your family would be better off if you were dead in the past week, if you had thoughts about killing yourself, if you ever tried to kill yourself, Are you thinking of killing yourself right now? And she is talking about the incredible suggestibility of kids and how the JB. Pritzker Illinois idea of mandatory grilling of kids like this starting in the third grade is just a terrible, terrible idea for a lot of different reasons.
Speaker 5: We got a tremendous pushback from a health mental health professional that I didn't agree with. Okay, it sounds like a nice person fan of the show that maybe have that handy. I do have that handy. Maybe we'll get to that later.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would love to if you can dig that out. Because again, I'm not trying trying to pitch a particular point of view, I'm trying to get at the truth as usual. But this she points out that there's no proof that mental health screeners have ever been shown to improve mental health outcomes. I believe I wonder if our friend disagrees with that, unlike the alleged benefits of mental health screeners, there is solid evidence on the harms produced by receiving a mental diagnosis, harms that are pure tragedy. In the case of misdiagnosis, she writes, the screeners are nora a screeners capable of identifying who the next school shooter will be. They are poor at identifying kids which kids likely have depressions, since they are not sensitive enough to distinguish it from normal periods of sadness. They do not even real reliably indicate which kids are at risk of suicide.
Speaker 1: And she quotes Stephen J.
Speaker 4: Morse's professor of law and psychiatry at the University of Pennsylvania, who says he's looking at the statistics for these screenings and all he says, if you do the statistical calculation you discuss, ever, that the false positive rate is about ninety seven percent.
Speaker 1: In screening for suicidal intention.
Speaker 2: That doesn't surprise me a bit.
Speaker 4: I see ninety seven percent of the yes this person is thinking about it positives are false.
Speaker 1: The kid is just a kid.
Speaker 5: I know what the argument is from the other side, because I've known enough mental health professionals, and I think y'all look at it wrong in my opinion. Do you want to hear this or yeah, here you.
Speaker 4: Go, Sure, and then I'll get to the main point and the reason I bring this up. But yeah, I definitely want to This.
Speaker 5: Will make my point. This is a common suicide scale. They're explaining what the governor of Illinois wanting to do and everything like that. The person has to be alone for this rating. So I was complaining about I hate the idea of you can't be in the room.
Speaker 2: We're going to ask your kids some questions.
Speaker 5: I hated the fact that they asked me to leave the room when my wife's gonna have a baby or just had a baby to talk. I hate all that sort of I think it's awful, awful, awful. Anyway, I'll explain what my theory is on that after we read this. The person, the kid has to be alone for this rating. Imagine a kid is possibly suicidal. How do you think they would respond with the parent in the room. This is an important scale, and it's crucial that answers aren't compromised by the presence of others. It's not a big deal like you're making it out to be Typically, when a respondent says no to the first two questions, the scale ends. You know, do they say no or not? How often do they say yes? And how often when they say yes? Anyway, we just discussed that if they don't have thoughts of suicide, nothing more needs to be recorded. I understand you not wanting to be kept in the dark as a parent, but you have to understand how common it is to lose young people to suicide because their parents are unaware of or don't react.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: These are not usually things a kid wants you to know about. This is one very clear area where you want to trust a doctor. I work in research at a UC campus and federal facility for Mental Health. I am bothered by the crafting of a society around the tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of people who beat their kids, rape their wives into pregnancy, all that different sort of stuff. I just think it's a weird way to craft society with the assumption.
Speaker 1: Going forward, you're all horrible lyying people.
Speaker 5: That are oppressing your wives and children, and we're going to treat you as such until otherwise we find out otherwise.
Speaker 1: I just think that's wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that might overstate the case a little bit, but because there are times when a kid will confide in a teacher, coach, or doctor something something they'd be uncomfortable talking about in front.
Speaker 1: Of their parents. That exists. Of course it does, of course it does.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't I wouldn't ban a kid from wanting to talk to somebody, go on their own to a teacher and say, you know, in my home, life's horrible, something like that. But they having every parent leave the room when you ask my kid questions. I just I couldn't be more against.
Speaker 1: That, right, Yeah, I hear that.
Speaker 4: And I just for the record, I want to say our correspondent sounds like a very good person with great intentions, concerned about the kids killing themselves, which is one of the saddest things that exists in human no existence. And I credit you dedicating your life to that one hundred percent. We don't have time to get to the main point I had in bringing this up, but it relates directly to what we were just talking about. We'll have that on the other side of the break.
Speaker 5: Cool.
Speaker 2: That's good stuff. Stay here.
Speaker 5: Exet the second death and is a family very upset that the Washington Post printed sensitive details about the security of him, his wife, and his kids in their newspaper.
Speaker 2: More on that later.
Speaker 1: That's despicable.
Speaker 2: It is despicable.
Speaker 4: Wow, I got one of the better scams I've ever seen sent to me via text just a few minutes ago.
Speaker 1: Talk about that if we can.
Speaker 4: So, if you're just tuning in where you've been catch up via podcast Armstrong you're getting on demand, you ought to subscribe. We were talking about Elizabeth or I'm sorry, what's her name, miss Schreier, that's right, and mandatory mental health screening for kids and false positives and suggestibility of kids and that sort of thing. And the final note I want to throw in, And one of the reasons I brought this up is a little spot quiz. What was old Uncle Joe's first introduction to neo Marxism. I was in college when I had a professor mentioned semi casually that the nuclear family was a organ of oppression.
Speaker 2: That's an insane thing to say.
Speaker 4: And sitting there as a college freshman, I thought, you are out of your mind and or have ideas that are really sick. Well, and as it turns out, I was right. One of the tenets of traditional Marxism and neo Marxism as well, is that the state ought to be raising the children because confirming the state orthodoxy and the party line as it's called, is absolutely critical to Marxist systems, and so the state seeks to supplant the family.
Speaker 1: And now.
Speaker 4: Getting back to our discussion of animal farm and the sheep who are taught to bleed four legs good, two legs bad, and then we're later bleeding a completely different version of it. They just say what they're told to say. There are a lot of very good, well meaning people who tend to be of the do good or variety, who.
Speaker 1: Fall for the faux moral, faux.
Speaker 4: Civil rights whatever arguments of say anti racism or whatever, and they think they're doing good and they have no idea they are serving hardcore radical neo Marxists. And I'm not sure it's hard to tell who's who sometimes because they all use the language of morality. But anyway, that's all lead up to what miss Schreier writes next. Illinois State Senator Laura Fine, chair of JB. Pritzker's Mental Health Committee, which is getting this mandatory mental health screening for little kids going, indicated last week that the state may harbor broader ambitions quote the screenings will be designed to catch the early signs of anxiety, depression, or trauma, and Shreier writes a slip of the mask if not the tongue. Trauma is not a recognized mental health diagnosis, as I encounter during my investigation in the hands of school counselors. Trauma can and does mean any hurt suffered in childhood. Have your parents ever spanked you, yelled at you, forced you to attend church? Do they offer enthusiastic affirmation of your chosen gender identity?
Speaker 1: Or are they skeptical?
Speaker 4: All of these are routinely identified as sources of childhood trauma. And because teachers in school mental health staff are all mandatory reporters, anything they learn about a family's private life that carries even a whiff of trauma may occasion a child called a child services or at the very least, the state, the school, the government stepping in and saying, well, there has been trauma here there far. Therefore, we are taking a twenty five to one hundred percent role in raising your child. For you right, and the people I've quoted and the people in schools are doing this, they may not understand what god they are serving, but it is one hundred percent the God of the state should raise your children, not you, which is progressivism from the early twentieth century. It's Marxism, it's you know, it's one of the tenets of the hardcore left.
Speaker 5: I'm a mandated reporter for the state of California now, and when I was doing all that training stuff, I thought it'd be so easy to abuse this think gods in the hands mostly you know, normal people, I hope, but it'd be really easy to abuse.
Speaker 4: I'm a mandated traffic reporter. There's a slowdown on I to five southbound anyway. Yeah, and required by law, so so much more to come.
Speaker 1: This out right now? Scammed? You say you almost got scammed?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it's really good, skillful.
Speaker 1: Hot Nigerian princess with it that sort of thing. How'd you know armstrong and getdy.
Speaker 5: Surena Williams used the weight loss drug to use all her weight she gained from being a mom. She's kind of interesting. She's making the rounds talking about that. I don't know if she's pitching that drug or not. Anyway, talk more about that later.
Speaker 1: M okay.
Speaker 4: A handful of random scraps of infotainment.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 4: First of all, the final, final final thought from Abigail Schreier. I love her concluding paragraph about screening for mental illness.
Speaker 1: And kids and blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: The vast majority of our kids and teens are not mentally ill, but they are lonely, worried, scared, and bummed out. Schools ought to supply them with reliable bolsters to the human spirit, high expectations, greater independence and responsibility, far far less screen time, more recess exercise, art, music, involvement in goal oriented activities that lure them out of their own minds and force them to think about something anything other than themselves.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: I was talking to my son's Scout leader tuesday night, and some of the older kids had just gotten back from a really difficult hike that they do once they get to be like sixteen or something like that. That included a burrow, having a donkey carry a bunch of your gear as you hike up into the mountains for nine days or something like that, and you take everything with you and everything out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyway, he was talking about how much difficulty they had with the burrow and then trying to figure out how to do it, and it ended up being more work than it was worth and blah blah, blah blah. But they figured it out all on our own, which is the way Scouts works. And he said they all walked taller when they got at the end of that thing. He said, you could see in their physical manner the way they were stronger, more confident people after that.
Speaker 1: I guarantee that's the.
Speaker 5: Opposite of what they do in well schools and a lot of other things. The opposite fields you from any difficulty, decision making, worry, stress, shield you from all of that, and you walk around smaller and scared as opposed to taller and confident.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's so revealing. I'm reminded of. Maybe my most cherished memory with my youngest kid was our incredibly grueling star crossed kayaking trip in which we both ended up so exhausted we could barely move our arms and it was harrowing. And we talk about it and and just it makes my heart, you know, swell with love just thinking about going.
Speaker 1: Through that experience together. That sets man.
Speaker 4: We need to contemplate that as people anyway, got this text. Hi, My name is Megan Collins from a quent Capital A. It's the name of the company. We're really impressed with your profile. Well, thank you, thank you, and would like to provide you with the chance to take on a flexible remote role. In this position, you would assist merchants by updating their data, improving their visibility, and managing bookings effectively. You can work from anywhere from sixty to ninety minutes a day, earn anywhere from two hundred and five hundred dollars each day with a guaranteed eight hundred dollars base every four days. There's a five There is a paid five day trial period and multi yearnings could exceed five thousand dollars with bonuses included. Comprehensive training and a full benefits package are included. Applicant Applicants must be at least twenty one years of age. Don't miss out on limited available availability. Text yes to this number to find out more. And I thought, okay, obvious scam, right, Well, I go online and I find out this company.
Speaker 1: We're really impressed with your profile. Well sure, I mean, thank you conch in the nose that I put a lot of effort into that, so I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Commenting on it because and.
Speaker 1: Then I go online and a quint is.
Speaker 4: A company that does a lot of the sort of things they describe in the text, and it is absolutely reasonable that that company would be hiring people to do something like that.
Speaker 5: So you think if you texted them back, you would be getting hooked up with a legitimate company that actually hires people.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. No, not a chance of help. Okay, but it looks really good. Oh okay, Okay, it's just a really really good spoof.
Speaker 4: And in fact, when you go to a Quint's website or they're listening, they're like Google results right under their main website is beware of job scams.
Speaker 1: So what's the.
Speaker 4: Quint is aware that scammers are using our company name to trick people into applying jobs that don't exist.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 4: Oh, these job scams all so trying to get job seekers to provide sensitive personal information, financial information, or payment to this camera.
Speaker 5: So some of it is just data harvesting. They just hope to get addresses, names, maybe social security numbers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's not that's uh, that's more than data harvesting. I think that's like identity theft. It's like they're not they're not harvesting reams of data so they can target ads my way. They want to empty my bank accounts. But anyway, it's just it's it's well disguised and and you know, a guy like me, I'm not going to fall for this because I check everything. But I could see where people, particularly naive, desperate, et cetera, just get roped in by this stuff because I'll getting more and more sophisticated.
Speaker 5: As far as I know. You're not applying for jobs right now in your life either, so but they're hoping to.
Speaker 1: But I'm open to possibilities.
Speaker 4: Mail bag at Armstrong and Getty dot com attention Joe.
Speaker 5: But they're hoping they land upon somebody who's like applying for jobs right now, thinking, oh good, here's one that landed.
Speaker 1: And has a profile online.
Speaker 4: I always think of my sweet, wonderful oldest kid, Kate, who is a autistic can be just got laid off from her job economic slowdown in her company sector blah blah's terrible, and she's If you need an employee in the EE Seattle Tacoma area who shows up every single day and works hard and will never steal from you, reach out. But yeah, a person like her would be the perfect victim of this sort of thing because she does not have the skepticism gene. We've worked on it a lot, but yeah, it's just so insidious.
Speaker 1: Well, plus, if.
Speaker 5: You're applying for jobs, like, if you're looking for a job, you've got so many feelers out there, you wouldn't even remember which company.
Speaker 2: You applied for or whatever necessarily.
Speaker 4: Well, right, yeah, and your number, your phone number is definitely part of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, and again they're getting more and more sophisticated because a lot of people don't understand that you can have a link in whether it's a text or an email or even a website that says, for instance, a quentjobs dot com. Well, the actual website is a long jumble of letters and numbers that takes you straight to Nigeria. You can make it look like that in text. Now you web savy people, you're like duh, ABC one, two three. But a lot of people don't understand that. So yeah, it's just and I have this fantasy of and I think I could recruit very very successfully forming some sort of vigilante star chamber. You victimized the unfore already unfortunate, the elderly, the naive. We're coming for you, like group. I would love to do that. That's my next chapter.
Speaker 2: That would be fun. That would be fun.
Speaker 5: F with them good and hard. I get a lot of and I don't. I'm been trying to figure out how to get rid of this. I've been changing passwords and all that sort of stuff. But I get a lot of from PayPal, Apple. These aren't real, but it looks like it's from PayPal, looks like it's from Apple, looks like it's from eBay where it's good news. Your order is on the way. Your laptop will be there thursday, hoping You say, wait a second, I didn't order a laptop.
Speaker 2: And you click on it and then you're who knows where right?
Speaker 4: Or what's the you know, one of your cash services just final check that you authorized a five hundred dollars payment.
Speaker 1: To Joe Jones.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyway, very sophisticating. So final a stray note for the segment, let's call it crazy Old Lady Theater. Michael, you need to help us set up twelve and thirteen. So there was some sort of model shoot being done at an apartment complex.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just two regular photographers and the model shoot is nothing sexy. It's just strictly for clothing, you know, nothing nothing weird or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Wait, it's more like for a department store or something like that. Just here's a real person in an apartment building wearing you know, today's business fashions.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 4: But but Jack, there was a crazy old lady present, and we give you crazy old lady theater.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she wasn't happy about this.
Speaker 2: So here we go.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, they were outside of my home. I don't know where they're from. They're going to.
Speaker 6: The room and they're staying in the room, and they're not going to whore and pimp her.
Speaker 1: They're not going to pimp the whore.
Speaker 5: Wore.
Speaker 1: They rent their room, not my common elements pimp wore.
Speaker 2: You can be cordial though, No, why not.
Speaker 1: Because you're trespassing, just because where are you from?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 2: Louis Missouri.
Speaker 1: You're not from Florida, are you exactly?
Speaker 6: Maybe in Missouri you've been carrying on as you do, but not in Florida.
Speaker 1: Pimp. But wait, there's more trust.
Speaker 5: On my homestead property in Florida.
Speaker 1: So what that gets you back to your unit and owning your unit. Okay, and you trespass on my private property homestead Missouri pimp to wow, pimp, you had missed up date to day man.
Speaker 3: Missouri.
Speaker 6: Pimp.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Those are some nice people that handled it that well. I hope you have a good day.
Speaker 4: But fabulous, Missourians, I'm sure you're having I'm sorry you're having a rotten day.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: I played Duck Duck Goose. I never played pimp pip horror. It's probably similar. Yeah, yeah, poor woman, same game essentially, but you dress differently. Poor woman really troubled by probably yeah, you know, attractively clad woman. I saw a model shoot in New York. We were going to some we went to some super expensive clothing stores that my son's into. He just wanted to see them in person. Never could have we would never afford it. But there was a model shoot going out in the alley outside the store, some tall, ridiculously skinny chick dressed up and people taking pictures.
Speaker 2: And I watched that for a while.
Speaker 5: I thought, what an interesting That whole thing is interesting, every aspect of it. That woman that thinks she's going to be something in the people that want to buy these clothes because she's wearing it, and the photographers trying to make their bones, and just every aspect of it I found interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what you mean. I know what you mean.
Speaker 4: I've I've witnessed and contemplating the whole modeling thing myself, and how odd it is if you really kind.
Speaker 1: Of break it down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, We're going to be staying my wife and I in London in the Tony Mayfair section, uh huh, which is home to some of the most famous high end shopping in the world, many other places Rodeo Drive, Chicago's Magnificent Mile, New York, you know, various sections, and I'm looking forward to hitting some of those shops because they'll be like right around the corner. And I always have the same experience, and I know you have too. I'll go in there and say, oh my god, I love that shirt. Then I'll see the price tag and say what and here's the key.
Speaker 1: Folks.
Speaker 4: Maybe someday you hit it big, and I certainly hope that for you. This is the land of opportunity. This is the land where you can pursue your dreams, become a success, build a business, have wealth the likes of which your parents never dreamed of, or maybe less, which is the trend lately.
Speaker 1: But let's not get depressed anyway. Here's your advice.
Speaker 4: Just because you can buy a five hundred dollars shirt doesn't mean you should buy a five hundred.
Speaker 2: Dollars shirt, right. I suppose it depends on who you are.
Speaker 5: But I see a lot of that stuff, and I see a price tag, and I think only an idiot. But even if you could afford it, I think only an idiot would do this.
Speaker 1: Or you have so much money, Yeah, it is just immaterial to you.
Speaker 4: But if that's the case, honestly, if it makes no material, emotional, or any other difference to you buying a seventy dollars shirt or a five hundred dollars shirt, I suppose go ahead. Could you make the argument they ought to give that money to charity, Well.
Speaker 5: Of course, but this store was significantly more expensive than that that my son and I went to. He just wanted to see it in person. And it's not something you would look at and say, oh, I kind of like that shirt. Everything in there was so weird. It was weird in that like really avant garde fashion way, you know, just the shoes, it's just like everything was so strange and the people that worked in there were wearing the clothing. It's like, where would you go dressed like that with your weird platform shoes with springs on the bottom that are like five.
Speaker 1: Thousand dollars and whatever the hell?
Speaker 3: That is?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: So I have decided my new ch after in my life is forming a vigilanti squad. But during my free time, I'm going to form an organization that puts like boxes in super high end clothing stores and says, and it says, you could buy this shirt for five hundred dollars, or you could buy this shirt and donate the difference to charity. Because it's just not realistic that the person is going to pass by that shirt and donate it to charity. It's just it's not going to happen.
Speaker 1: But if you have it all there point of purchase, good, see it work.
Speaker 2: That'd be tough.
Speaker 1: We'll finish strong next.
Speaker 7: Strong Star Wars actor Mark Hamill revealed he wanted to flee the US after Trump was elected a second time. Unfortunately, though, he couldn't get anyone to cover his shift at Arby's.
Speaker 2: I missed the first part.
Speaker 5: Who is working at Arby's in this scenario, Mark Luke Skywalker, gotcha hasn't worked much, thank you, Dell. Article from The New York Times, I don't have time for unfortunately or fortunately the difference between the cooled and the cooked in America. It's about how income inequality is hitting those who can afford air conditioning and those who work out doors, with climate change making it so difficult. You know, it's not actually noticeably hotter, right, I mean, it's like a tiny amounts hotter. The ocean is a degree hotter than it was fifty years ago or something. You're not actually hotter working in a field now than you would have been five summers ago.
Speaker 1: It's not actually truer, you realize, Wow, mass hysteria.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyway, it goes through about how she interviews somebody many of the people who work outside without air conditioning experience health emergencies, and then the quotes are, yeah, the heat sucks, said one delivery driver. Driver, but I need to pay the bills. That doesn't sound like a health emergency. It just sounds like I would rather not be hot, but he is, and that's his job.
Speaker 4: Like and when we were young and poor and doing jobs like that and we're hot. I didn't know to yell income in a should have what a jackass.
Speaker 5: I hired this Mexican dude, uh to take down a tree a couple of weeks ago, and I was talking to him when he was talking about the heat, and he said Americans, he said, we work like this in Mexico all the time. They don't have any rules. And everybody's fine, he said, but just uh, that is funny. But to get down to the bottom. The faster our world heats up, the faster the vide between the cooled and the cooked will widen. Ultimately, is symptomatic of a larger injustice of the climate crisis, which is that the people who have done the least to cause it are the ones who will suffer the most from its impacts.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 5: So those of us who work in air conditioning at this point in our lives have done more to cause the climate change.
Speaker 1: For the people who whatever, shut up is the right answer. I'm strong, I'm strong, You're ready and strong. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 4: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap up the day. There is Michael Angelow in the control room, Michael.
Speaker 6: Final thought, Yeah, earlier in the show, we were talking about streaming services. I need to add up and see how much I'm paying for my streaming services.
Speaker 1: Now that might be my car payment right there. Yeah, my wife brought that up the other day. Got to do it.
Speaker 4: Hey, Katie Greener seemed to uswoman As a final thought, Katie.
Speaker 1: I'm still really bothered by Shrekking.
Speaker 5: Ah yeah, yeah, if you missed the segment on Shrekking, I think we did that hour two.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Well. And then Shrek's sidekick, Donkey with the Donkey punch that's troubling as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: A final thought, Trump is going to patrol alongside the guardsmen in DC tonight.
Speaker 1: That will be quite the media spole. Yes, yes, and we will have the highlights tomorrow.
Speaker 4: My final thought, having had the opportunity to witness workers in two different American states. In South Kakilaki, it's very, very hot in the summertime, and these fellas seem to bring plenty of water and they seek the shade when they need to. And we're going to lovingly incorporate the bones of the dead ones into the mantle of our new fireplace. No, they're all perfectly fine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, people have been working out in the heat since the dawna time, he realized.
Speaker 4: But uh yeah, it's especially bad now with climate change that it's two thirds of a degree warmer than it was in eighteen oh six.
Speaker 5: I had completely forgotten about the donkey punch, Armstrong and Geddy wrapping up Now they're grueling, four hour workday.
Speaker 1: Google it.
Speaker 4: So many people to think, so little time. Go to Armstrong Eddy dot com. A lot of great clicks there for you. Katie's Corner, the hot links to pick.
Speaker 1: Up an AMG T shirt or hoodie. It's gonna be chilly soon. You're gonna love that lightweight hoodie.
Speaker 2: I do well.
Speaker 5: Specifically google the Alec Trebec Yes version of it.
Speaker 4: Yes, and enjoy the great late great Canadians giggles.
Speaker 1: See tomorrow, God bless America.
Speaker 2: I'm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 5: There were so many great moments on today's Armstrong and Getty Show, but perhaps none as great as this. We give the guy we're not attracted to a chance, thinking he will for sure know what he has and treat us well.
Speaker 2: But then he doesn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what he has is a shallow beech.
Speaker 4: What he has is a calculating she devil and he should run from you.
Speaker 1: Suckibus, run soon, run away, Armstrong and Getty