Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome into the cycle, Part three of the week. I am Ryan Warmly joined by Mike Mayer. It is our pitching streamers and two start pitcher competition segment. Here Mary take us through our pitching streamers for the week.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go right into it, and I'm gonna ask for your help a little bit this week because I didn't fill it all out, but I.
Speaker 1: Do declined to help.
Speaker 3: See, let's just get that out of the way right at the top.
Speaker 2: So last week in the YouTube comments, someone called us out and said, I forget exactly what the comment was. I should have pulled it up. But they think that we can't stand each other because of our chemistry on screen.
Speaker 1: You keep saying they think this, and I keep saying they're just noting it. They're recognizing it from afar.
Speaker 3: So I pushed back on it in the comments.
Speaker 2: I said, this show actually exists because warm and I wanted to do a show together and pitched this idea for like over a year. So despite how hilarious we are in giving each other a hard time, we are friends, or at least I think we're friends.
Speaker 1: I would have done this show with Kelly if she was available, but I was I was willing to settle.
Speaker 3: For Mare fair enough.
Speaker 2: I'll let the YouTube comments I'm being the nice one now so they can get at you for being a clean one.
Speaker 1: Except for the way you express yourself when you're being nice, it's still sounds like you're being starcast.
Speaker 3: All part. That's just I just have like one you know.
Speaker 1: It's why you're such a natural host.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, I just have one speed. This is just who I am.
Speaker 2: I will say last week, I'm pretty sure the reason that the person said that was my fault because like I had an I like mentioned Colin Rea and just had like an awkward like toss it back to you and we're like, you gave me a hard time, And I'm pretty sure it was my fault that they thought that.
Speaker 3: But like so I'll own that one, but it was my fault.
Speaker 1: No no arguments here. I'm not here to disagree with that.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get into it.
Speaker 2: So Monday, I had and just to remind everyone, we go through streamers day by day to give you kind of a streamer for every day of the week. I'll usually throw a couple extras in there as well. If there are options or if it's just a stay away day. We'll say that too, And we lean heavily on the Fantasy spros Picture streaming tool where you can kind of see you know who's available if you sink your leadus.
Speaker 3: You can see who's available.
Speaker 2: In your league and you know what their matchup is, and you know it'll rate it by VBR to see what the best matchups are. So I lean heavily on that kind of give you a names of people who might be available. So Monday, I have Ben Brown at the Marlins, and the backup I have his gun Or Hoagland against the Angels. Again the targeting bad offenses here. So I'll start off with you know, last week we went heavy against the Marlins. This week, starting right back up against the Marlins. Tuesday, we'll do Nick Martinez at the Pirates. Nick Martinez hasn't had the best season. I'm still I don't want to say bullish on him, but I'm still willing to stream him in a matter like this against the Pirates.
Speaker 3: And the backup I have is.
Speaker 2: Jameson Tyone at the Marlins. Jameson Tyone still pretty available in a lot of leagues. I actually I keep I was actually texting with Dan Harris this morning because we keep from the same person in one of our other leagues. We keep getting jameson tyone trade offers, and as much as I'm willing to stream him against the Marlins, I'm not willing to trade you Zach Netto for jameson Tyon. It's not going to happen. Even if you throw in Ronel Blanco, not going to do it. Wednesday, I had tomy, do.
Speaker 1: You want to call out who that person is?
Speaker 3: By the way, I actually don't know. I only know his team name, so I don't know. As my first year in the league, I'm still.
Speaker 2: Learning everyone, Okay, but yeah, I actually don't know the person's name.
Speaker 3: No offense.
Speaker 2: Tomi Yuki Sigano, your boy at the Brewers, is the name I went with on Wednesday despite the you know, low strike out numbers, but like you said, been pitching much better lately. Overall numbers are good. So, like I said before, willing to stream him, and I have a couple of backups. On Wednesday, I would probably consider both these names that I like better than Sigano, but I have my backups because they're more rostered, and so I think they're less likely to be available in your leagues, although I do think they could be availab because they're roster of less than fifty percent JP Sears against the Angels and then a J Smith Shaver at the Nationals, I think are two good options. So Wednesday is a pretty good Dame, pretty good day to stream Thursday. I obviously Thursday's usually a small slate. The name I wrote down was Luis Severino against the Angels. Some other names you can look at Luis Lucas Giolito against the Orioles, but you know, he's been kind of doing good Gelido bad Giolito situation. I don't necessarily know if I trust starting him against the team like the Orioles that like has not been good but like definitely has the firepower to put a hurting on you. And other than that, not a whole lot of other options. Like I would say Tyler Anderson, but he's at the Athletics in that ballpark, not not typically a place I want to stream pictures, And yeah, that's probably all I would go with on Thursday. On Friday, Matthew Boyd is a name, but he's at the Reds. You know, he's probably he's like fifty percent rostered on Yahoo. So he might be available, but you know, I don't know. The Reds aren't exactly a high powered offense, but you know that is a tough ballpark to pitch in Tanner Halck, I'm staying away from. I don't care that he has a good matchup against the Oils and not not risking eleven runs from Tanner Hawk again. And then we always seemed even though like Thursdays, the small slight, Friday seems to be like a day we struggle with.
Speaker 3: So like.
Speaker 1: Every week it's Friday, I don't find anybody I know.
Speaker 3: Like there's like Jeffrey Springs, like, but he's against the Phillies.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing that. I'm not streaming Springs against the Phillies. Run Out Blanco against the Mariners. If he's available, It's like maybe, but it might just be like one of those those situations like you've said, like it might just be the kind of day where you stay away.
Speaker 3: Landed Route against the Nationals.
Speaker 1: We say it, We say it every week. Sometimes the best streaming decision is to stream no one.
Speaker 3: That's probably where I'm at.
Speaker 2: Landed Roupe against the Nationals is not terrible, but he hasn't been great recently either. Andrew Abbot against the Cubs. I'm not doing that, even if he's available. I'm not targeting the Cubs. They're they're off on fire.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: I do like Abbot, maybe like as a pick up probably and not starting this week though, like if he's available, I do like Abbott.
Speaker 2: Agreed, Agreed, here's a fun one. You are you willing to if someone drops Sandil Contra? You are you willing to stream him this week against at the Angels?
Speaker 3: You doing it?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: All right? I thought for sure?
Speaker 1: Is that a Friday or Saturday?
Speaker 3: That's a Saturday? I moved to Saturday.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, yeah, I would do that. I would do that.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that's a good point. I jumped moving on for Friday to Saturday. Sandil he's the top name on the on the picture streaming tool of someone who should be available in your league SA counter at the Angels. Other than that, Merrill Kelly against the Cardinals, Like, I'm fine with that. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. Michael Walka against the Twins is fine, but you're not gonna get a lot of strikeout upside there justin Berlander been pitching better against the Nationals.
Speaker 3: Do you have any interest in Berlander at Nationals?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Sorry, I didn't really think about that.
Speaker 3: I was going to say we had a lot. I would not a dead air there.
Speaker 1: But do you want to do you want to convince me otherwise?
Speaker 3: No, I just think he's been pitching better and it's not a matchup. It's fine. Should we just keep going with dead air? See how long we can do it.
Speaker 1: I know I'm waiting for you to move on now. I'm sorry to not like you.
Speaker 3: I kind of want to lean into it, but I know you have to go too, so we got to wrap up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very clear that I have a heart out dating this episode.
Speaker 3: We got four minutes. We're good, We're good. The other name is brought.
Speaker 2: I mentioned it earlier, Brian Bao again in our previous video, Brian Bao against the Oriels. I don't hate that one. He's been He's looked fine since coming back. I don't Jack Lighter has been better recently.
Speaker 3: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I'm I don't really want to stream Jack Lighter. That's the kind of thing where it's like when it's bad. It's really bad. So even though it's the White Sox, I'm probably staying away from that one. What about you, Jack Lighter at the White Sox.
Speaker 1: If it was any other opponent, man, I would say probably not, but I'm not opposed to it, like I'm open to the possibility. I want to ask you this because this is not a streamer, but would you if you were forced to start one, would you rather start Tanner Hawk or Aaron Nola? This week? Aaron Nola at Colorado coming off of a nine earned runs give it up in his last game.
Speaker 3: It could be Aaron Nola on the Moon, and I would still take Aarona.
Speaker 1: The correct answer is I don't want to start either. I'm just pointing out Nola has been awful this year.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: I I just think if you're going like risk assessment there, I think there's similar risk and much more upside with Nola than.
Speaker 1: All Right, let's get to our two start picture competition. We're currently still waiting to see how this week goes. You have Michael King. I have like I had Hunter Green if he wasn't hurt. He obviously was hurt. So Shane Boz was my backup film the week before. You clearly won Zach Wheeler in our scoring system forty six and a half points. Kelly's pick for me of Shane Smith fifteen point eight points. So that was a predictable blowout there. I appreciate Kelly as always for you know, trying there. The week before, we were waiting to kind of, you know, determine what direction we wanted to go with the winner. You put up a poll on X. You did not include quality starts, which I specifically told you to do, and my picture had do quality starts and yours had zero. And I think that's the only reason that you won. The poll on X was.
Speaker 3: More than more than doubled your results. I don't think the quality starts were doing you any favors there.
Speaker 1: Well, Okay, first of all, more than double is a ludicrous outcome for this. The stat lines were essentially the same, Like my guy had two more walks, but also two more strikeouts, one more inning, one more earned run, same number of hits. Both got to it like this should have been like fifty to fifty. You can you at least agree that like this was very much a toss up?
Speaker 3: I agree, Should you want to call it a tie.
Speaker 1: Uh, I would like to do that. I did. I did seed the decision to the audience, So I think in fairness, even though my guy scored more points by our usual scoring system, I think it's ultimately largely like basically a tie. I was. I was open to accepting the results of the pole, so I will accept the results of the pole, even if I think it was a flawed pole. I know I'm a great I'm I'm a class act.
Speaker 3: Is what fifty six point nine percent of the people do not lie?
Speaker 1: Yeah? All right, so you've won a couple in a row now, and you're probably gonna win this week because I didn't get Hunter Green because the injury, so I had to go with bringing out a big gun. I'm going to scooball at Saint Louis versus Cleveland. I can I can't mess around with these saving good players, like I'm now on a two game losing streak. Well, Kelly and I combined are on a two game losing streak, so I got to bring out one of the aces. I'm going scooball this week, all right.
Speaker 2: I didn't put a name machine. I figured I would do it live. So I've been I've been looking at the looking at the list. Let me make sure I don't have I haven't yet to use this picture yet. It looks like I have not, So I'm going to go with Framburg Valdez at Tampa Bay and then against the Mariners. That's gonna be my my pick for this week.
Speaker 1: All right, So school Ball versus Valdez. We'll see how that one goes this week. Hopefully your boy wormed him bounce back here. And let's wrap things up with our weekend excitement. It's rivalry weekend, which I didn't even really remember that that was the thing. But you know all the kind of local team rivalries, you know, Baltimore Washington, Subway series in New York, Chicago, all that stuff. A couple of fun pitching matchups that we get this weekend. Chris Sale versus Garrett Crochet is a very fun one. Paul Skeens versus Christopher Sanchez, who, according to that one ESPN article from a couple of weeks ago, is a top twelve ace in baseball. And then I just kind of wrote down, I want to see if Max Meyer can get going again. He was so good early and it's like we haven't really talked about him that much. It's been multiple weeks in a row of very much the other direction. His era was two ten on April twenty first, it's now four thirty seven, just three starts later. In those three starts, four innings, five earned runs, five innings five earned runs, six and a third innings five earned runs, So he's allowed five earned runs in each of the last three starts. Two of those ended up being, of course, one of those games. He had zero strikeouts the game against the Athletics. It's just been very, very bad the last three weeks after a superb start to the season. So can he bounce back here against the Rays.
Speaker 2: The Max Meyer thing pretty much coincides with me trading for him, so that's got one of those things where it's probably my fault. He has not been good since, like the day I traded Christian Walker for him, But I'd still make that trade. I'm still banking on the upside for me. I'll do two things. One, I broke down not raining, because it has rained pretty much every day here for two weeks. It's kind of insane how much rain we've been getting. We seem to go down here in Georgia. Like, I'll go like two months without any rain, and then I'll just rain every day for two weeks. I actually we had like sod installed in the backyard a few weeks ago.
Speaker 3: That's now like floating. There's so much water underneath it right now.
Speaker 2: And the other thing is before we didn't finish up the pitching streamers for the weekend, so I'll hit those real quick for my weekend excitement to close things out. I mentioned Brian Bayle on Saturday against the Orioles as an option Jack Lighter.
Speaker 3: We were going to stay away Sunday. You said you.
Speaker 2: Didn't really want to do Jack Lighter against the White Sox. Would you Can I interest you into Kamar Walker again or Kamar Rocker. I should say I was looking at Walker Bueler Kamar Rocker against the White.
Speaker 1: Sox equally, like I guess because it's the White Sox.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's much more volatile. Also, Walker Buehler is back against the Orioles. I probably wouldn't want to go with that one. And then Quinn Priester is projected to start. We'll see if that actually stays true against the Pirates, but probably not. Probably not messing around with that either. So Sunday doesn't look like a great day either, though if you did stream Ben Brown on Monday in a weekly league, you would also have Ben Brown on Sunday against the Reds, although it isn't Cincinnati unfortunately.
Speaker 1: All right, we will wrap a bear because I am up against it on the clock. Thanks everybody for tuning in to not just the segment of the cycle, but to hopefully our previous two segments as well on video or on audio. We did some rounding the basis, going through some trending topics, and of course we did our buys and sells and waiver pickups as well in those episodes. For Mayor and I, you know we are friends, to be clear, even though I haven't seen Mighty Ducks two, He's still angree with me about that, and so are the comments. But for Mayor, I'm Ryan Warman. Thanks for tuning in. We'll see again next time. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com. Slash Fantasy pros MLB