Speaker 1: Coming up next, our final News round Up and Information Overload Hour.
Speaker 2: All right, News Roundup and Information Overload Hour. Here's our toll free telephone number if you want to be a part of the program. It's eight hundred and niney four one sean if you want to join us. So, a close friend of mine is friends with well, somebody high up in the Ukrainian Army, and this individual sent him and he has now shared it with me. Two very short videos of Russian war atrocities taken from the cell phones of dead Russian soldiers. In one of the videos, I just watched it during the break. You can't believe that evil on this level exists, but it does. In one video, Ukrainian soldiers being killed and beheaded. I mean you can see it now. You know, if you go back, you think, well, that can't happen. Go back to remember Isis on the Beach or Wall Street Journal reporter back in the day, Daniel Pearl. And you know, people will ask me why do you watch it. I'm like, well, it's part of my job, and I cannot possibly explain in detail just the level of evil and depravity that goes on. And I know we've had a lot of smart callers today hoping that you know, gives sanctions a much you know, a greater chance, and hopefully that will bring Vladimir Putin back to the table faster. Look, I would argue that Putin wouldn't have gone to Alaska but for Donald Trump insisting that NATO pay more than double what they were paying in terms of their defense. I don't think Putin would have gone to Alaska had not been Donald Trump's trade deal with the European Union and instead of them funding Putin's war machine, You're committee nearly a trillion dollars to purchase American energy. I don't think he would have come to the table at President Trump not put a fifty percent tariff on India if they keep importing Russian energy. And I think the fact that the President is selling the most sophisticated weaponry to the Ukrainians also is a big deal. In a second video, you see a Ukrainian soldier unarmed. He's smoking like his last cigarette. There are two Russian soldiers. One says to the other are you filming? The other indicates yes. The Ukrainian soldier says, glory to Ukraine. The Russians open fire, with an automatic weapon and they're the Ukrainian soldier lies dead and the Russian says, die b I you know how to spell it, b it, We'll put it there.
Speaker 3: How does this end? Now?
Speaker 2: A lot of you have mentioned sanctions today, and I said, I'm all for sanctions. I think sanctions is a great idea. I think the fact that Lindsey Graham put forward a bill and got eighty five Senators to sign on to it is almost in this part as an raa. You don't see that kind of partisan bipartisanship. You just don't see it. Anyway, he joins us now to get his thoughts on what happened today, what the likely outcome is, whether I'm right or wrong in my prediction that if there's going to be an early end of the war, it's not going to be sanctions that will bring an early into it, but it would probably involve land swaps and security guarantees, of which the President has said even Article five NATO Article five like security measures for Ukraine, but it would involve land swaps anyway. Senator Graham, welcome back. How are you sir?
Speaker 4: Thank you? That's good summary I got. It's funny you mentioned about the atrocities. I got add some images last night sent to me from President Fluency's folks. Three young kids got killed last night, and yeah, so brutal war heads off to President Trump. I see a light at the end of the tunnel. I hope it's not a train, but I really do believe we're on track here to maybe end this thing, only because Putin is rattled by Trump. The way this war started is when them Biden withdrew from Afghanistan. Putin seized the moment saw weakness. How does this war end when Putin believes that Trump will crush his economy, Putin's economy if he doesn't end this war.
Speaker 2: Okay, but hasn't Donald Trump already you know, showed him that he's going to take He said the consequences would be severe. I think upping NATO's NATO country's contributions from two percent to five percent, that is significant. I think the EU trade deal to buy energy from US not Russia and fund his war machine. I think that's that's critical. The tariffs on India and selling sophisticated weaponry to Ukraine. You know, that's been a pretty loud message from Donald J.
Speaker 3: Trump.
Speaker 4: A huge message and it worked. You know, Putin didn't go to Alaska to kind of look at the scenery and check on Alaska how well you're doing after we saw do you? He went to Alaska because of two really important things. Selling weapons to Ukraine. American made weapons is a nightmare for the Russian military. Ukraine's out man ten to one, but between their innovative technology and drones and the use of sophisticated American weapons, they have held their own and pushed back and they're in the fight. It's a nightmare for the Russian military for the Ukrainians to have access to American weapons in perpetuity. By telling Europe, I will sell you the weapons, I will not give you the weapons that changed the game. That's good for us because the money from Europe helps us rebuild our military industrial complex, and it shows the Russians that Ukraine's going to have American arms as far as the I can see. When he put a fifty percent tariff on Indian and I wanted to do that. The second largest preserved Russian oil and gas in the world is India. They buy oil in Russia below mark it, refine it, and then Indian celidrator profit. The way you end this war, I think is you deny Putin's customers the ability to buy cheap Russian oil without being tariffed. If China, Indian, Brazil have to pick between the American economy and buying cheap Russian oil or gas, they're going to pick the American economy. Ninety percent of the money coming in to fund the foot war machine comes from oil and gas sells. My bill goes after his customers. And when President Trump used that concept against India, Putin shows up in Alaska.
Speaker 2: Where's China and all of this? Because China is probably the biggest customer in terms of energy of Russia.
Speaker 4: They're well, it's then, oh crap, Now where is China and all this? China is the largest customer of Russia. They buy oil from Russia well below market, good for their economy. They help Russia in different ways. My belief is China is waiting and watching. Now. There's one thing you left out as to why the game has changed under Trump. When he obliterated the Iranian nuclear program, everybody said, oh crap. President Trump went all in to help Israel destroyed the nuclear emphasis. He obliterated those three sites in the conversion facility that got China's attention, That got Putin's attention. Here's what I think, if we don't end this war honorably and justly soon that President Trump's going to take my bill. I've also had a bill about the nineteen thousand Ukrainian kids kidnapped and sent to Russia, making Russia state sponsor of terrorism under the US law. China's worst nightmare is to do business with Russia if they have to face American tariffs. How does this war end? When she goes to Putin and say and says, and now, I've helped you before, but I can't hope you anymore because you're hurting my economy.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, because I did have a couple of callers in the last half hour bring up this notion. They don't like the idea of rewarding the aggressor, in this case Vladimir Putin for his behavior and meaning that he ends up coming out of this deal with more land. Now we use the term land swaps, and we use the term security guarantees, including something similar to NATO's Article five, which is countries will align with Ukraine and say if you get attacked we'll consider it an attack against us, and a lot of people don't like the idea that Putin gets rewarded for that behavior.
Speaker 4: Your reaction to that, well, I understand exactly what you're saying. I'm sympathetic to you, and the world in which we live in is as follows, Russia has control of about twenty percent of Ukraine. I don't think Ukraine has the military ability to evict every Russian anytime soon. Means the war would go on and on and on. Now, how do you end conflicts in the Cold War? Well, after World War Two, we divided up Europe. You had East Germany and West Germany. We never recognized East Germany as a separate, legitimate country, but we didn't attack either, so over time East Germany and West Germany became one. So I'm realistic we're going to have to recognize that their Russian control of certain parts of Ukraine that are going to be in Russian hands. To end this war, I don't want to give title to the land, but to end this war, I'm going to acknowledge that there's certain parts of Ukraine that Russia controls. But I'm not going to acknowledge as part of Russia. Just look at North Korea, South Korea. That's just the reality. But the most important thing President Trump could do for the world is make sure there's no third invasion. I think if we get security guarantees backing up Europe, that europe be on the ground will have their back. We keep selling weapons to Ukraine, there will be no third invasion.
Speaker 2: You advise President Trump to tell Putin if the war doesn't end justly, the US will destroy Russia's economy. And this is just breaking, you know. Like nine minutes ago, the Russian Foreign minister just outright rejected the idea that NATO forces could serve as peacekeepers in Ukraine, which was a provision sought by President Zelenski.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can you cuss on the radio?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, depends what you're going to say. I mean you can, and you can. If it's that bad, I'll bleep it out. But don't worry. We're live. How about I'm on a seven second delay.
Speaker 4: Okay, screw you. We're not going to let the Russians tell us what to do to protect Ukraine. They have no standing in my mind to have any idea about killing me or anybody else. What they're going to do to prevent We're going to do to prevent a third invasion. There will be NATO European forces on the ground to prevent a third invasion. There will be guarantees where if they go in to fight, we'll have their back. If they don't like that, keep fighting. And here's what I would say to President Trump, you have the moral higher ground. You're the right guy at the right time. Start putting tariffs on China, but starting tariffs on every country that does business with Russia, and you'll break them. Show the determination you've shown in the past. You will break them. They can't survive without aill and gas revenue. Make Russia state sponsored terrorism for kidnapping nineteen thousand Ukrainian kids and send them back to Russia. Go all in with destroying Russia's economy. Ukraine's out manned, they're out gone, but they're still in the fight. Russia is incredibly exposed. They have one source of revenue all in gas self.
Speaker 2: How long would this take to really impact the Russians?
Speaker 4: Months, not years. It would impact China, it would impact India, it would impact Brazil. What would happen if all the major purchasers of Russian oil and gas all of a sudden said, I can't buy it anymore.
Speaker 2: All, especially now that he's opening up energy dominance in this country. We'll have the ability to fill that gap and fill that void and maybe even sell it a discounter price and make it part of a larger trade deal with a lot of these countries.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, all those who are criticizing Trump about what he's doing and the way he's doing it, Well, he's the.
Speaker 3: Only one that ken pulled that.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear any more criticism from European leaders that have been impotent in dealing with Russia and frankly have helped fund his war machine by buying his energy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So let's look at it this way. If he had been a Democrat, he'd have two Nobel Peace Prizes, but now one for the Abraham McCords where he got six air nations to recognize Israel. He'd get a Nobel Peace Prize for Azerbaijan and Armenia have been at war for thirty something years, or to Congo than a blood bath, remember Hotel Rwanda. I mean, he ended those things and nobody gave him any credit for it. So he's gonna end this war one way or the other. Russia is either going to accept an honorable, just outcome. We're not out to humiliate Russia. I'm not advocating for Ukraine to be in NATO. I'm not pushing for that. I'm not pushing for American troops on the ground. I'm pushing for a guarantee, a backstop guarantee to European forces. I'm trying to be practical here. They're gonna be parts of Ukraine occupied by Russia until something changes down the road. I want to end the war. But here's what I would say. I would say that Europe needs to follow prosent Trump's lead. One, don't they put tariffs on Indian oil. One don't they go after China. So I'm gonna be hard on well.
Speaker 2: Well up till now. They're the ones that have been buying the oil. So I mean getting lectured by them as a joke, and not one of them has the moral standing or the strength to successfully you know, pull this all and sit down with Putin and have Zelenski and all these European leaders three days later at the White House.
Speaker 3: None of them right.
Speaker 4: So I've challenged European nations to put a fifty percent tariff on India, follow Prosident Trump's lead. If the European economy and the American economy had a joint message to India, China, Brazil, it definitely would work. But the EU trade deal was magnificent for us because you put your finger on it. Putin's nightmare has been Trump. Trump has given a pathway for American energy to go to Europe to replace the Russian oil and gas, a seven hundred and fifty billion dollars trade deal where Europe will buy American oil and gas, not Russian oil and gas. That's a tremendous flow. So we're set up now to crush the fossil fuel economy of Putin. Have American alternatives to Russian oil and gas, and tell the c Instomers that prop up this war machine in Russia, you're going to get hit. You're going to have the denied access to the American economy without major unless you pay major tariffs.
Speaker 2: I think, well, yeah, Senator, Senator, we're just out of time.
Speaker 3: I'm going to have to let you go.
Speaker 2: Senator Lindsey Graham, South Carolina will hit the phones when we get back and and we'll play part of my interview with President Trump as well. Eight hundred nine four one, Shawn, now till the top of the hour, eight hundred nine four one, Seawan, if you want to be a part of the program. It's been a very busy news afternoon and obviously the President moving as expeditiously as possible to get to a piece deal. We're going to play part of my interview with the President after he met with Putin on Friday because it's so relevant to everything that has happened. You know, here it is Monday, and you have every European leader, inn Zolensky at the White House all day and you know, but in the seconds after the Putin AH failure and embarrassment AH disaster, and it was anything but how do you know? Because today wouldn't have happened. So we're there Friday, We're in Alaska and I have the interview with President Trump, which happened for Fox. We didn't get a chance to play a lot of it. But with all the news that's been breaking all day to day and the President rightly lashing out at the fake news media, Oh major defeat. So Donald Trump a major embarrassment. Senator Chris Murphy said, uh, and John Bolton has become dumber by the day. You know, it's I don't even know what to say. I think Trump some that the best said. You know, I'm totally convinced that if Russia raised their hands and said we give up, we concede, we surrender, We'll give Ukraine and the Great United States of America, Moscow, Saint Petersburg and everything surrounding them for a thousand miles the fakes news media and that their Democratic partners would say this was a bad, humiliating day for Donald J. Trump, one of the worst days of our country. He's not wrong, and it's and Marco Rubio just humiliated these people on the Sunday Show, just humiliated them on CBS and ABC because they're dumb as rocks. I was there today, would not have happened. Everything we've been reporting up till now, had this meeting with Vladimir Putin not gone well. Anyway, let me play some of my interview. The President goes he was reluctant to give information because he doesn't want to negotiate publicly, which is smart. But here's what he did say.
Speaker 3: He said before the interview. He said in two minutes. I will know.
Speaker 5: I watched very closely when you met him on the red carpet after both your planes landed. What vibe did you get in two minutes?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I always had a great relationship with President Putin, and we would have done great things together in terms of you know, their land is incredible, the were earth, the oil, gas, everything, it's incredible. It's the largest piece of land in the world as a nation by far. I think they have eleven time zones, if you can believe it.
Speaker 3: That's big.
Speaker 1: So but we would have done a lot of great things, but we had the Russia Russia Russia hoax which stopped us from doing that we would have had we would have done so great. But we had the greatest one of the great hoaxes. I mean there were others, like the election itself, as you know, as you covered better than anyone, but it was a rigged election and a horrible thing that took place in twenty twenty. But we would have had a great relationship. But we did amazingly well considering you know, he would look and see what happened, he would think we're crazy, you know, with the made up Russia Russia Russia hoax. So we had something very important and we had a very good meeting today.
Speaker 3: But we'll see. I mean, it's you know, you have to get a deal.
Speaker 1: We did a lot of points. I want to see people stop dying in Ukraine. What's happening well, losing five six seven thousand. They're Russians, mostly Russians and their Ukrainian soldiers.
Speaker 3: There's some people dying in cities.
Speaker 1: And towns where they're trying to blow up missile manufacturers and other things in some cities. I don't know if you know what's going on there, but there are a lot of people dying.
Speaker 3: And if we can end that war would be very good.
Speaker 1: And I was very happy to hear him say if I was president, that war would have never happened.
Speaker 3: Just the president. That was my next question.
Speaker 5: He said at the joint press conference that you have said this many, many times, and he confirmed for the world today that if you.
Speaker 3: Were president, this wouldn't have happened.
Speaker 5: Did any of the specifics come up as to why he said that it did.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter at this point, but that this war should never have happened. You know, a lot of war should never have happened. There was stupid things go down, and the wrong people are talking. But Biden was a terrible president in so many ways. He should have never let it happen, and it did. There are millions of people killed. I mean, it's the worst thing since I see everyone's saying since World War Two. By far, there's nothing even close. But we had a very good meeting today and I think a lot of points were negotiated on behalf of Ukraine and on behalf of the whole NATO situation where we're dealing very well with a lot of foreign countries that are great European countries. So look, as far as I'm concerned, there's no deal until there's a deal.
Speaker 3: But we did make a lot of progress. The meeting took place in this room. Yeah, this is where you met, right in this room.
Speaker 1: Well, did you have let me examine it.
Speaker 3: That's where you were, said, I would say, that's it. Yep. So did you have a long time with him? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did, and I did actually after our speeches, he made a very good speech and I also finished it up, and afterwards we spoke. Right after that, we spoke very sincerely. I think he wants to see it done.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: In your press conference, you talked about a lot of things that you agreed on and maybe one big issue you don't agree on.
Speaker 3: Are you prepared to go public with that? No, I'd rather not.
Speaker 1: I guess somebody's going to go public with it. They'll figure it out, but no, I don't want to do that. I want to see if we can get it done. You know, it's still it's not a done deal at all, and Ukraine has to agree. I mean, you know President Zelensky has to agree. But it's a terrible war where he's losing a lot and both of them are, and hopefully it can get completed. That would be great achievement for them, forget about me, for them, and you'll save seven thousand lives a week.
Speaker 3: It's a lot.
Speaker 5: I spoke very briefly to Secretary of State Rubio and he did say to me, he goes, there's a difference when you in the same room together, the versus you know, talking to each other.
Speaker 3: Through the press. Do you even through the phone? Through the phone not.
Speaker 1: The same thing when you're on a telephone, it's not the same thing either. This was I mean, we were together almost three hours and it was very extensive and we agreed it a lot of points. I mean a lot of points were agreed on, but there's not that much. There's you know, one or two pretty significant items, but I think they can be reached. Now it's really up to Presidents Olynsky to get it done. And I would also say the European nations they have to get involved a little bit. But it's up to Presidents Olynsky. I think we are and if they'd like, I'll be at that next meeting. They're going to set up a meeting now between Presidents Olynsky and President Putin and myself. I guess you know, I didn't even I didn't ask you about it, not that I want to be there, but I want to make sure it gets done.
Speaker 3: And we have a pretty good chance of getting it done if you had to grade it on a scale of one to ten.
Speaker 1: So I think the meeting was a ten in the sense that we got along great and it's good when you know two big powers get along, especially when they're nuclear powers. You know, we're number one, they're number two in the world, and it's a big deal. That's a big deal. You never want to even mention that word the word nuclear. But we have a tremendous nuclear you. I rebuilt it when I was president first term, and I hated to rebuild it. It was the one thing I hated to rebuild, but we had to.
Speaker 3: And we have the greatest nuclear for us.
Speaker 1: We have the greatest military in the world actually, and they have a big nuclear presidence.
Speaker 3: Also. Oh, you've got to respect it. You got to have to respect it. You never want to use it.
Speaker 1: If you use that, it could be the end of the world. That's how that's the kind of power we're talking about.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about what brought President Putin to the table. I would argue that there are four things in my mind. If you think there are more, or you don't think they were a factor. You did the trade deal with the European Union, and in that deal you got nearly a trillion dollars in commitments to purchase some American oil. That's money that would otherwise be funding Putin's war machine.
Speaker 3: That's number one.
Speaker 5: India fifty percent tariffs if they import Russian oil. He's also Vladimir Putin wasn't moving at a speed you were comfortable with, so you said you would, unlike Biden you wouldn't give weapons to Ukraine, you would sell weapons to Ukraine. The last thing, and I think, I don't think it could be underestimated, is NATO is now paying twice what they were paying and those countries that weren't paying their fair share? Are were those the four factors that brought him into this room today.
Speaker 1: Well, NATO is now paying five percent as supposed to two percent, and they're paying it. And you know, look it's headed by as you know Mark, You know Mark very well. It's a great guy and great people, the leaders that got to know him very well about six weeks ago. And great relationship with NATO, European nations basically, but a great relationship.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say anything brought him today.
Speaker 1: He's a very smart guy and nothing brought him to the table, so to speak.
Speaker 3: I think that he.
Speaker 1: Respects our country now. He didn't respect it under Biden. I can tell you that he had no respect for it. I was so happy when he said this would have never happened.
Speaker 3: This All those lives would be saved if.
Speaker 1: They had a competent if we had a competent president, those lives would have been saved. It's so said you know, I've negotiated five wars to their end, and the wars that were.
Speaker 5: Tough India, pack seven in the Pakistan, Israel, Iran in twelve days, Rwanda, the Congo, Serbia, Kosovo, Cambodia, Thailand, Azerbaijan, Armania, Egypt, Cambodia.
Speaker 3: You played, you played a role in all of those. Did you know.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to include the decimation of the nuclear arsenal and because I don't consider it necessarily, you know, conclusive, But we did something amazing because for twenty two years no president was willing to do it. We decimated the nuclear capability, potential nuclear capability, which I think would have taken place with than a month of Iran. And that was a big thing. I have to go back. This is too historic and deep and profound.
Speaker 5: At a press conference, the President of Russia stated something that you had stated many, many times, and maybe people your political opponents might have dismissed, but he said, this war would not have taken place if you were president. Now, he did give you, behind the scenes, specific reasons why it happened under Biden.
Speaker 1: He did give you reasons, Yeah, he did, but I know the reason. It's gross incompetence. I mean, we have a border that's totally closed now and people come in, but they come in legally.
Speaker 3: But we had zero, as you know, the first time you heard it was three months ago.
Speaker 1: But we've done it now three times in a row, zero people coming in illegally.
Speaker 3: We have many things that are going well now. Our economy is great. We don't have inflation.
Speaker 1: The price of energy is down, the price of groceries are down, the price of everything is down. People are happy with saving social security. You saw that the other day. Where we have a genius in Judge. I took him out of JP Morgan Chase. He was the head of I mean, one of the top people in there, and he did great.
Speaker 3: He went to one of.
Speaker 1: The big funds, you know, one of the tough people that you know, they take a cut. I think he said, he's working for one percent of what he was working for.
Speaker 3: These are unbelievable people.
Speaker 1: And the job he's done in social security and making it really powerful and strong is amazing. And we've done that with many things. I love doing it. I love seeing this country be great again. And Vladimir said, just a little while ago, he said, I've never seen anybody do so much so fast. He said, your country is like hot a is a pistol, and a year ago he thought it was dead.
Speaker 3: Everybody thought it was dead.
Speaker 5: Most people, as they analyze us from the outside, this is how they almost everybody's kind of universal thinking.
Speaker 3: How this ends. There's going to be some.
Speaker 5: Landswaps, there will be more Russian territory than there had been. And what Ukraine wants and needs desperately is our security measures that won't.
Speaker 3: Be NATO related.
Speaker 5: If you had to look into your crystal ball, is that how it ends?
Speaker 1: Well, I think those are points that we negotiated, and those are points that we largely have agreed on.
Speaker 3: Actually, I think we've agreed on a lot.
Speaker 1: And I can tell you the meeting was a very warm meeting. You know, he's a strong guy, he's tough as hell than all of that. But the meeting was a very warm meeting between two very important countries, and it's very good when they get along. I think we're pretty close to it. And now look, Ukraine has no agree to it. Maybe they'll say no. Because Biden handed out money like it was candy, and Europe gave him a lot of money. You know, we gave three hundred and fifty billion dollars. Europe gave him much less, but still a lot. One hundred billion dollars.
Speaker 5: Or what your advice based on today when you talk to Vladimir Solinski, what's your advice is to make a deal.
Speaker 3: Make the deal. Got to make a deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, that was my interview with President Trump on Friday. Well, a full coverage of all the events today will sum it up, either Steve Whitcoff or Mark or Ruby or on Hannity tonight. Also we have Governor Greg Abbott on tonight. We've got a great show nine Eastern Hannity on the Fox News Channel. All right, that's gonna wrap things up for today. A lot of news at the White House with all these European leaders and President Zelenski going to meet with President Trump. Well, a full coverage of today's developments either Steve Whitcoff or Mark or Ruby. We expect to be a guest Greg Abbott on the next special session. Now the Democrats are stopped stopped Tidy in Illinois. We'll check in with the Governor of Texas, Christy Nomill join US Senator Cotton tonight. Ari Fleischer Hugh Hewitt, best coverage of today's events, all the other news of the day that we haven't gotten to, as well as whatever else breaks between now and and then, All coming up nine Eastern tonight. Set your DVR, Hannity, Fox News. We'll see you tonight. Back here tomorrow. Thank you for making this show possible.