Speaker 1: Is there such thing as too much cream cheese on a bagel? I'm not talking about being obscene and putting a whole thing, but would Jarry be like, wow, you put a lot of the cream cheese on your bagel?
Speaker 2: I think structurally the limit physics limits you before it too much.
Speaker 3: There's a saturation point.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, but I'm saying, do you like a healthy smear of cream cheese on there versus like some people like like it light and I'm like, no, bro, I need I need some of that cream for me personally.
Speaker 3: That's like asking if there's too much gravy on turkey. There's not really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, so okay, so Justin is an intellectual.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you hit the physical limits. I will say something has changed with the kids. Where the kids my kids and judging from other kids who have had bagels at birthday parties that I've been around, they don't like the heavy shr anymore. My kids want it treated like butter, like the way you butter a bagel, Like it's I put you know how much butter I put on ship?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: They they like it so that like you can see the bagel mostly and then there's just like something it's like an aderation that they're exercising. I know my kids like don't like cheese. They don't like Maybe it's the cream cheese. They might be lactose intolerant. I don't like ice cream for some reason.
Speaker 1: They don't like milkmus. It's lactate.
Speaker 3: They're like sitting on the toilet for six hours.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's wrong with it.
Speaker 4: Weird, Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three point fifty six, episode four of Dirty's Ice Theory production of iHeart Radio and amer Because Only Undecided podcast. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America share consciousness.
Speaker 1: What man We keep saying that that happened when I was gone. Oh just just the trend of manufactured.
Speaker 4: Uh media's obsession with undecided.
Speaker 1: It's to get all.
Speaker 4: I just want the New York Times to notice me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this'd be like, this podcast is amazing. Look at listen to how they talk. They're truly undecided.
Speaker 4: We checked in with some undecided voters and they had this to say.
Speaker 1: This biracial rat earth or this biracial flat earther is calm, a curious.
Speaker 4: It is Thursday, September nineteenth twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what that is? Right?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: I do. It's National pop PA Day. Dude, what is a pop pop b A W P A W. It's an American it's a fruit. Yeah, it's a mango banana flavored popa. And I'm like, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: They're delicious and they've been lost to history. But you guys should check out historic culinary traditions in America. That's one of them.
Speaker 1: There it is. Yeah, I had an idea. Yeah, they call it the kent Kentucky banana or Hillbilly mango apparently. Yeah, I'm in for a Kentucky banana if you don't mind about to change some of my responses later. I love this. It's also National butter Scotch Day. I'm speaking of one hundred year old things. Shout out a nice bit of butter scotch pudding day. Butter scotch. Oh yeah, I'm sorry, butterscotch pudding. My bad. Talk like a pirate day. So don't tell your kids or else going to know the fuck out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't tell that guy that you work with, don't the guy who makes a noisy.
Speaker 2: One of one of you guys is the coworker who does talk like a pirate day and I'm gonna find out which one it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look around you.
Speaker 4: Is there somebody who's the guy who's annoying on National talk like?
Speaker 1: Then it's you. You come on.
Speaker 4: You'd be hard pressed to brood which one of us that is. Well, my name's Jack O'Brien aka n Essay. They listen to what you say, recording you every day. It's okay. They got a podcast for you to stream now that is courtesy a Peanuty Brown on the Discord, just a workmanlike conveying information. The Nessay listen to what you say and they've got a podcast for you to stream now. It's the only other podcast that we're aware of other than the dailies. I guessed, Yeah, yes, we don't acknowledge other podcasts, but well we'll allow you to check that one out, folks. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles.
Speaker 1: Gray Miles Gray King Kriking It's club What's down inside the Draine or Norway's Chalker's okay, shut out scouty of the Discord because like I said, I'm in drain cleaning Australia YouTube channel with the other Oh you might absolute chalkers, so shout out Scouty for that one. Mixing it with a little wheezer Beverly Hills was quite.
Speaker 4: That's one where I read it on the discord and I was excited to hear you sing it so and he did not disappoint. Well, Miles, we are through to be joined in our third seat by one of the very faces on Mount Zitemore, a hilarious and brilliant producer and TV writer. You know him from the Joss Racist podcast.
Speaker 1: It's Andrew T.
Speaker 6: Andrew Gordy slowly back to zoom Land, back to the pod.
Speaker 1: Well, my akay is a Stolenn.
Speaker 6: This is a holet Bro pod that somehow never bombs.
Speaker 1: Calm learning, have fun. Calm learning, have fun, Calm learning, have fun.
Speaker 6: Come the course every day is like takes day every day with Jack and Miles Gray.
Speaker 1: Oh that's as far as I got.
Speaker 2: Wow song from noted racist Morris Morrisey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on a day we're talking about immigration. Yes, he's a cool guy. I didn't think it was maybe a Smith's song, but no Morrisey. When I used to work, I've priced this story before when I used to work like events. I worked a Morrissey show and like like doing concessions and stuff, and like no one was allowed to bring meat in, Like you couldn't even eat your own meat. When he was there, I was like, my own meat. I love eating my own meat. But they don't know. They didn't allow everything Vegan, Yeah, don't play with your own meat. To quote Doc Rivers, Yeah, yeah, more.
Speaker 4: I think I had to work a fish show once and just the only sober five people in the building were like we're tenth graders who were just like I don't know what we were even doing, like selling concessions or something for our basketball team.
Speaker 1: It's very weird. Oh at a fish show. At a fish show? Yeah, oh when you said working at fish show, I didn't even like what like event stuff, like event stuff, just you went to do a fundraising sell like Baker. Yeah, that was like one of the things.
Speaker 4: I mean, I remember one time we worked the parking lot at a I think it was a horse race because this was in Kentucky. But like, yeah, they would just like get weird jobs for us to do that would like raise money for the basketball team, which is like someone like grip.
Speaker 1: Hey man, I got about fifteen fourteen year olds. Yeah, exactly an event. What just get back to this strange knowing you guys.
Speaker 2: Worked big concerts really actually makes the trailer for the movie Trap make a lot more sense to me, just the part where the dude just tells him all the information about what's like the concessions guys like, yeah, there's an FBI sting and they're trying to catch the killer, and it's like, oh, yeah, that's how.
Speaker 1: It would go down.
Speaker 2: It's just like if any bozo working concessions was given the full plan of the FBI.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it there it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those massive events are like not run by the I think I think of those people as cops, but they're not.
Speaker 1: They're just people pro staff. Yeah, just like staff.
Speaker 4: At like the Crypto Arena and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: They walk confidently behind doors that you feel like, what even would it take for me to get access to that?
Speaker 4: There's probably snipers back there. My first thought, Yeah, what a weird What a weird thing. I wonder if that has changed or if high school kids are still like working events just on a volunteer basis.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like when you're a kid. I remember doing all kinds of stuff. It's like, Yo, dude, my dad will give us forty bucks if we work twelve hours at his like shop, and you're like forty bucks for twelve hours. Yeah, okay, I'm sure kids still get into that shit or like free hell yeah, free under the no, Actually you gotta fill out at I nine.
Speaker 4: What the fuck's so worried about taxes and tens?
Speaker 2: I mean I could be farming bitcoin online, but this sounds much better.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kids are probably like way too sophisticated to do that.
Speaker 1: Be like, why would I do that?
Speaker 4: I could be fucking grifting somebody, Like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like four X trading. They're like, I don't know. Actually, with the weakness of the sterling, the pound sterling, I don't know if I should take that job. You're like, god, so fucking savvy.
Speaker 4: All of a sudden, you have any idea how many old people there are in this country who will just click on any email that I sent them that has like Trump demands that you.
Speaker 1: Open this link. Yeah, true passive income.
Speaker 4: All right, Andrew, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. Just first, we're gonna tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about. I think we have the answer. Is this racist on this first story?
Speaker 1: Yes it is.
Speaker 4: The Springfield story continues to dominate the headlines. I even saw a Miami Herald headline that was like, think the Springfield story is hurting Trump? Think again, And it was like an opinion piece in the Miami Herald. But that website has since the last time I went there, gone completely to hell, and like when I tried to open it, like seven pop ups like showed up on my So I have no idea what their thesis is.
Speaker 1: Wait, but they were trying to say it's not an issue because there's like a half a minute, like there's like a very significant Haitian population in Florida. So he's like this opinion, He's like, it doesn't matter that. I think, like it's good. We're good here.
Speaker 4: He's doing he's winning voters, he's being savvy.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: We're gonna talk about the continued fallout from that story. We're going to talk about their continued policy of doubling down on making fun of Kamala Harris for not having given physically given birth to another person. We're gonna talk about Trump's melting brain. We actually have a good a piece of good news today. Fatal drug overdoses have dropped drastically in the last year. So we're going to talk about that, the changing meaning of the word AI, all of that, plenty more. But first, Andrew, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 2: Oh, this is like a series of increasingly panicked and specific searches on YouTube. My sister and nephew visited this weekend and I had to learn how to install and then reinstall a car seat for a child in the waiting line of Burbank Airport.
Speaker 1: Because I put it. I put it in wrong. You guys are Dad's you. I guess you probably know about backwards versus forwards facing. I did as long as you can, as long as you can get them facing backwards. Yeah, so I had in the front seat facing forward.
Speaker 3: I had it on top.
Speaker 1: With my like the fucking clip Beverly Hillbillies, like the clampits are coming down.
Speaker 4: As one of those roof racks. I think that's yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was solid.
Speaker 2: No, it was one of those things where it was like my because it's what the forty pound was. The limit was the limit on the fucking car seat. And I just remembered my sister bragging so much about how like tall my nephew is for his age. So I just genuinely was like that motherfucker's probably fortys right, So I told it, bring it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was like, yeah, a motorcycle.
Speaker 4: For motorcycle sidecar and yeah, and it was.
Speaker 2: Just like unacceptable, which is like, fine, that's on me, but then having to readjust a car seat, like with my blinkers on, with people honking behind me at which at least it wasn't lax. It could have been worse, but it was not great.
Speaker 1: That's fucking stressful. It was.
Speaker 2: It was the most stress I an individual, he was created, the least stressful life possible has.
Speaker 1: Experienced me precisely. Yeah, that's always how it works. It's like next thing, you know, you're clogging up burbank. Yeah, it was the signal to Google this ship right now.
Speaker 2: And it's like it's also like those like like installation youtubes. I mean, you know, the you can skip around and find it, but the fucking preamble. I was just like, yeah, lady, come on. It's fine, it's fine. Yeah, I know there's a great car seat. Yeah, a lot of great features. Tell me how to fix this.
Speaker 1: This is That's what the YouTube premium should be.
Speaker 2: It should just be instructional videos that actually get without preamble. Yeah yeah, yeah, I would pay for that.
Speaker 4: I remember the first time installing a car seat, like before, we were going to the hospital to have our first and just like they, I think they tell you that you have to like get a fire like somebody works at the fire in the fire or check it for you. Yeah, which makes sense, So I mean, it does make sense. It's also like wow that I'm I must be fucking this up in some way because it seems fairly straightforward to me, Like I think I think this YouTube video kind of explained it.
Speaker 1: Wow, because when we were having our kid, Herd, she's like, you know, we're supposed to go to the fire station a CHP thing, and I was like, I ain't going, no fucking CHP shit for what And She's like to fucking at least know from that the people who deal with car accidents all the time that the car seat is in there. It's like you're not going there to fucking give them money and high five them. I'm like, yeah, fine, and so we go. The nicest fucking guy comes out. He's like he was like a clearly just like wanted to be a desk CHP guy. He was like wearing he had his shirt on but had like jeans on, and it was just like you guys having a kid. It's like, you know, I'm a grandpa started showing me his like very cute family. He's like, you know what, I'm gonna get you a pool noodle because I think this can be a little bit. I don't like this. Give here. He got a pool noodle like cut it by like custom fit it to our thing. And I was like, this motherfucker just whispering crab under your breath the whole time.
Speaker 4: Still a cab, motherfucker. He's like what was that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, thank you so much, sir, Thank you. Child is adorable. Congratulations, thank you so much. We backed the We backed the beigeh where Khaki was a pool noodle. Blue was a blue. No, it was green. It was pay damn yeah. And we gave that car seat to another friend who was having a kid, and I was like, yo, take this this pool noodle also goes the one way, but yeah, they definitely check it out. I was curious. It is so funny to me, it doesn't it makes sense when you guys say it, but like the amount, I know, it's just like the fucking nanny state, I guess. Like, but how much of infant ship falls to firefighters is wild to me. It's hard for me to imagine a firefighter and a baby at the time, just like this. Really, yeah, you're having trouble and envisioning it used Ai and baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, everyone everyone hit me on Twitter with this burn burned down a glacier, melted glacier and generated an image of firefighter with band.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: Wait, you can just look at this calendar. I have the same.
Speaker 1: Under temper to here he comes. Look at those overalls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you can just drop your baby off at the fire station.
Speaker 1: They want to know, why is that a thing?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's great that it's a thing, like a conservative now, but specifically those guys, I just it's just like I think, because they have time, there's a there's a level of like medical care, like you know, literacy that firefighters have.
Speaker 1: So it's not you know, they're not they're not the guys with guns who shoot the four people. Yeah, like, and I guess what is what is my vision? A kindly nun like? What I where do? Where do I think you should like?
Speaker 4: You know, like, oh yeah, no, you don't have to drop them off here. You could always drop them off at the Catholic church. I have no I don't know why. My brain is just like eighties children media pilled. I guess at least preach precinct. That'll be you know, yeah, handle.
Speaker 1: Baby baby gats. They won't even ask questions, Yeah what uh? What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Well now off of this pop pop business. I do think fruits that are so fragile they don't handle industrialized shipping are always the best fruits you've ever had. And it's not underrated. But it's just like impossible to find. I had a fucking wax apple.
Speaker 4: The other day, honestly, not that on that a in the like the fake fruit that's in like a fake bowl of fruit.
Speaker 1: Yeh, made of wax. They're called gallery eating the display fruit in a bowl.
Speaker 2: I think they're called yeah, oh, Java apple is the other name for it, javass apple, bass apple, Java like oh oh, oh, what the fuck is this? She looks like a pepper. Yeah, it was crazy, and honestly, wasn't that good. But the only other time I'd had them was in Taiwan, and I was like, yeah, crazy, yeah. But I also I got a cherimoya the other day at Charmoia for anyone, not basically in Los Angeles or Mexico right, parts of maybe further down in Central America, because it's like it's the fragileist fruit I've ever like, it's basically like if a pear.
Speaker 1: Was made out of like puddy yeah, yeah, right.
Speaker 2: And like to the point where I picked it up in the market, my fingers went straight up through it. And I was still like, I'll buy this one. And also and I think I might have gone to the kind of the wrong place. It was like twenty six dollars, oh shit, but it was I wish it was. It was literally like a this place in Chinatown that's a Vietnamese sort of bodega type vibe called My Tongue, which has, as far as I know, the best bun me in La City.
Speaker 1: Wow shit, which is.
Speaker 2: Splitting a lot of hairs because there's a lot of I think to most as far as I understand, like people per you know, a lot of really good Vietnamese food, it just sometimes often is not technically within LA City limits right places that people would still call La certainly Orange Counties, certainly San Gaveo Valley, that sort of LA count.
Speaker 1: Right right, right, right right. Oh, but if you are bound to what we define as LA City municipally, that's where yeah, I believe that is that is the consensus best play. Did you get Wait, you had Vietnamese ice coffee, right, Jack? Did you finally get that? Yeah? Yeah, I did, Okay. I was just making sure I couldn't handle it.
Speaker 4: Man. It was like I took like I took about a quarter down, and I was just like, I feel like nervous and like it's bad about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's real drugs.
Speaker 4: It's real drugs. And that that was the sales point that they had written on the counter when I got it.
Speaker 1: It's real drugs. Vietnamese ice coffee. Yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way, I was just trying to make the point for people about like La City versus La County. La County is four thousand in eighty four square miles. Rhode Island is one thousand, and thirty three square miles, so La County is four times bigger than Rhode Island.
Speaker 1: We should have eight senators.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we should have eight senators.
Speaker 1: We should have eight senators than like, and I should be one of them. I mean, with that many, if with proportional representation of one of us on this pod has a chance, I mean, what's what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Overrated? Shitting on bad restaurants. It's just like I was in this is. I was in San Diego this weekend for this is. We we, after literally four years, finally buried my grandma at Sea and my racist white uncle. It we did a lit a two for burial at Sea in San Diego on Saturday. If anyone's checking their calendars or just fallowing local Sokel news, they might have put together. That was also the day a Trump Armada rally was in San Diego Bay.
Speaker 1: Oh god.
Speaker 2: So it was the single most fucked up like four hours of family time because also my family kind of like, you know, it's that like Taiwanese conservatives, like they were often Republican voters, some of them got split off because they thought Trump was finally too racist. But they're not not Trump people, whereas everyone of the younger generation obviously is like, this is fucking insane. But we went to an unbelievably racist restaurant. Unbelievably racist. Helly, we went to this place called Bali High. I'm gonna say their name with my full chest. It's a well known tiki restaurant, tiki bar. People really like it. Their statuary outside, I'm just gonna for you guys, hold it up to the zoom window. It's sort of like if a California raisin was an unbelievably racist depiction of a I guess savage.
Speaker 1: I believe it's supposed to be Polynesian, but it's like full on bone and nose that kind of business.
Speaker 2: And it's the statue outside to announce their restaurant welcome some of you. Yeah, so that was fucking crazy. Obviously, the food was insanely bad, but I have over my time in San Diego a place that does have good food. But I'll just say my family specifically, I I referred to this weekend with my cousins and my sister as our family's eternal quest to find the driest protein in San Diego. We had chicken kebabs, white meat chicken kebobs one day that was.
Speaker 1: Unreal chicken bread then and then had it was it was it was sort of like a loof of spongelous.
Speaker 5: Yeah right right right, yeah, there's a little gi Yeah yeah, there was like it was a little give but like just strands of moisture sucking like whatever.
Speaker 1: Holy shit. Yeah. But I think that over my.
Speaker 2: Years going to San Diego, where my dad's family mostly is, I have learned that when you especially when you're in again, there is good food in San Diego. I understand that, but we are going to places that Republicans go to and you kind of just got a roll with it. Like we went to sushi one time in a fucking strip mall white pierced and sushi place, and I like this is when I first moved to southern California and I was like I a gormand was like, you know, oh is the is the ouoni fresh today?
Speaker 1: Like what? And blah blah blah, And like the.
Speaker 2: Thing that you want to get is you know a role that has ideally one to three deep fried ingredients and like fifteen sauces on it, just like do the thing that they do that's the only way to have thing. So we were at again unbelievably racist restaurant Bali High, and I just was like, yeah, I'm getting fucking coconut shrimp and like a fucking like burger, even though it's like played as like this, you know, they had like.
Speaker 1: Poke and ship and I was just like, don't no, don't forget that it was that has pineapple on it, and just for no pineapple on it. Yeah, exactly, like, just do do the thing that the worst people want. And I was correct, and everyone else in my family was wrong as usual, like.
Speaker 4: And it was good, the the pineapple, it was the with grilled shrimp on top of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was bad, but it was by far the best thing that we got. Yeah, by a million moss. I guess that I had a long drive ahead of me, so I didn't adult in the tiki drinks. It did look like the tiki drinks were incredible. I will say, yeah, that's probably what.
Speaker 1: Really. The one thing they do good is the alcohol. Yeah, so you can scream at your whoever you're with the alcohol.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, you guys putting this thing, that's what we're all going to be saying the day after the election, no, man, would you guys put in that thing? We elected Trump again?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, well I know a whole a whole marina of people that areould be fucking stoked about that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was very unnerving.
Speaker 4: It was a Trump armod, so it was like a bunch of Trump supporters on boats.
Speaker 2: Like I kind of gave up counting, but at one point we were completely.
Speaker 1: Surrounded by Trump boats. So wait, as you're this was who's whose ashes?
Speaker 2: Were you interning both my grandma and you're a racist white uncle? Yeah, because we just got it my grandma whatever, you need, the whole thing. But it was like between COVID and Dodge, just waiting and just for forever to get the family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we but so yeah, I would estimate I don't know, what's a three sixty.
Speaker 1: View of boats, like oh yeah, dude, I watch this video. Is it looks like fucking d day or so yeah, yeah, yeah it was. I mean I don't know, I probably saw twenty I would say with like easily, there's like, yeah, at least twenty votes even in this yeh, dumb Kirk. Oh okay, we got a winner.
Speaker 4: We got a lot of folks that was okay, well, I'm sorry for your loss with your grandma. The congratulations on the burger, Yeah, thank you, thank you. You chose wisely. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back, And Springfield continues to stay in the media in the headlines. You know, obviously started with JD Vance surfacing a bullshit Facebook post, and then continued when and escalated when Trump brought it up in the debate, and now has continued for a week because those two things led to bomb threats and just horridizing vandalism being on the innocent people of Springfield.
Speaker 1: So I'm sure the campaign Trump Van's campaign loves this because they would love nothing more than to have the spotlight back on them because after Brat Summer and now it's like something that doesn't have to do with Project twenty twenty five or JD Vance, like banging a bark lounger. So they're like, yeah, you're like this, this is where we'd like to fucking get messy and shit. So you know, the story's made up, we know it's all bullshit, but we have even more evidence that the campaign gives absolutely zero fucks about the truth as long as they can perpetuate the immigrants are the reason you have nothing narrative rather than you know, the look around and educate ourselves. So JD. Vance again, like you said, first posted about this pet eating nonsense before the debate, then when people called him out. It seems like a staffer called Springfield City manager this guy, Brian Heck the day before the debate to find out if there's any truth to this. This is in I think the New Republic, or this might also I think it's the New Republic that's probably quoting the Wall Street Journal, but says Heck told the staffer that there was quote no verifiable evidence or reports and that the quote claims were baseless. In an attempt to back up the rumor, Vance's campaign provided a police report to the Journal in which a Springfield resident, Anna Kilgore, said that her cat was possibly taken her Haitian neighbors. When a reporter went to the woman's home last week, she said her cat came home only two days after she reported it missing, and it was found safe in her basement. And it got to the point where she said she actually apologized to her neighbor, she said, with the help of a translation app and her younger daughter, and she was like, I fucked that up. So we have the person who's like, I'm not racist with my racist Facebook post walked it back. The woman who said maybe someone took my cat is like it was in my basement. And now the town has been turned completely upside down, and you know, residents are growing an increased fear of just the right wing outrage mobs and just like the amount of fucking conservative stooges that are like there now on the ground to try and find shit and drum up any kind of fucking evidence that would help sort of back this just senophobic claim. But yeah, the thing is like these Haitian like people that have relocated to Springfield, they're actually helping to revive the city of Springfield. Like, you know, the Springfield was one of those towns that it was a huge manufacturing hub, and there was some stat like some inordinate amount of like farming equipment was like manufactured in Springfield like in the in like the sixties, and then it obviously began to go less and less and less. But now with this like influx of like available labor like companies are coming back and like people are like, oh shit, like there's actually like we have the ability to kind of get jobs now. And that's and most people there are saying, yeah, this is actually a good thing. The mayor of Springfield is like, I'd rather not Trump visit. He's like, I'm gonna go to Springfield to be there to speak to the people. And even the Republican mayor is like, yeah, no, no, now, we're good. We're good, We're good. It's just gonna eat up resources. We already are stretched thin and you don't pay for anything, so fucking please don't even fucking think about coming in because of all the bomb threats that you caused. Yeah. I don't even know.
Speaker 2: If this is a maybe this was just the headline, but I saw it was like Republican mayor won't commit Springfield's Republican mayor won't commit to supporting Trump, And it's like, where's the fuck take with these people like is evil and actively try to destroy your town, And you're still like, I can't fully compided.
Speaker 1: Where he's like, because the mayor too is like defending his own town. And if he's like he's like this is a really terrible way to talk about immigration that's really helped our town. And it's like, Okay, so you're on the side. You're not on his side, right, he sounds like you are diametrically opposed on this on this issue. Okay, now what do you think about him? You know, I can't believe you know, you know who can say you know what? I actually do think they're all coming from Haitia. So that's that's the problem, literally said yesterday.
Speaker 2: I I will just say, also, though, the thing that I don't know what fucking like internal polling or like triangulation the fucking like Harris campaign is doing. But the fact that they haven't just been out every day like this is racist. Fuck these people is unbelievably troubling. Yeah, Like what is holding them up?
Speaker 1: I think?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and making the arguments about immigration that like this being one of the signs of like the power of immigration and immigration is not a scary thing, it's a great thing. And like, you know, I mean, Mike DeWine, like who is a Republican, very popular Republican governor of Ohio, like came out and was saying that like these Haitians came in to work for these companies. What the companies tell us is that they are very good workers. They're very happy to have them there, and frankly that's helped the economy. Like it feels like there's this is a layup and just sitting back and being like, h talk about weird like that seems to be the extent to which they've engaged with it. Well, yeah, and I think on immigration too, I don't think she really wants to again because like her position on immigration is the same thing as like what the Biden administration with pushing for, like that very very conservative immigration bill to again, so they had some kind of defense against attacks on their stance on immigration come the election. But like most people like this is actually like this isn't good at all, Like this isn't for this isn't progressive in any way.
Speaker 1: This is regressive. And so I mean, I know when she did she met with the you know, National Association of Black Journalists, and then there was like I think it's a I think you said it's like crying shame like what he said, but that's you know, a very boilerplate kind of like yeah, I'm against it. But at the same time, I think because like you know, with immigrations, like what happened to our pathways to citizenship? Like what's going on there? It's just a lot of like, I don't they just don't want to talk too much about these issues to try and prevent, you know, from I guess their their point of view, like you know, losing independent supporters or whatever. When yeah, we always know tacking to the middle or to the right is not the solution.
Speaker 2: The dumbest right wing dickheads on earth is who they want vote from right right?
Speaker 1: But how do we reach them? Andrew, how do we get to them? It's so yeah, I mean.
Speaker 4: It's the thing we know is that her campaign is being run by the same people who were running the Biden campaign. And the way that the Biden campaign operated was this like very defensive strategy of being like, no, he's not old. Actually you're old for saying that, And he's the best candidate that we could be running. And so they're going to be like careful and defensive, and it's I don't know, like there's probably because her pulling is ticking slightly upward, it's probably not a time when she's going to be like, yeah, I need to like clean house this fucking team sucks.
Speaker 1: Right, or come out with you like some sweeping position on immigration, which just fucking sucks because you're like, like, what are you what are you giving us? And I think again, they're like the fucking noodle, the noodle is the noodle, the needle is moving in the right direction. Just shut the fuck up, right, Just fucking keep shutting the fuck up. And you know, I don't I don't know how sustainable that is as a strategy, but for the time being, it seems to be working.
Speaker 2: But it's also like, why are you fucking running for president if you can't do the easiest, lay up right thing, like, which I know is the most naive thing I could possibly But.
Speaker 1: Seriously, what the fuck are you doing? Right? Yeah, Like, why are you doing this? Then? Right? I'm just trying to see there isn't even really anything under the Harris Wall's campaign website under issues. I don't even see anything for immigration. Yeah, dude, I'm like, what's what? What is there for all these people who are also voters who have like immigration is a huge thing that intersects with their families and their livelihoods, and they're just like, you know, check check back later.
Speaker 2: Also they have reality on their side. It's it's just like this is good, this was good for Springfield.
Speaker 1: Oh here, secure our borders and fix our broken immigration system. Oh yeah, secure our borders is just like just hair raising.
Speaker 2: And I think that's where you're like, yeah, well, christ I know that no Democrat has ever wanted my vote. But it is really weird how little they wanted this time and last time, I guess, and that and the but.
Speaker 4: It's like the other side so bad on it that, like their calculations, the other side is so bad on it that like your hand is kind of forced. So what do we have to say about immigration when like just look at what these assholes just said.
Speaker 1: Because even like when they're calculus and how they and the campaign even talks about immigration, it's like, you know, it's like, oh, you know, as Attorney General Harris went after international drug gangs, human traffickers, gun smug it's like, what about fucking human beings? Like what like where where's that dimension about talking about immigration that is a little more human centric. But again, this is just sort of like the accepted rhetoric right now for both parties. So they're just they're fine with being like we gotta fix we gotta You're right, we do have to secure our border. Yeah god, oh, here's one. At the same time, at the same time, she knows that our immigration system is broken and needs comprehensive for reform that includes stronger border security and an earned pathway to citizenship. Okay, take take that. I sit corrected and earn this fucking backdraft. We back on the firefighter ship. Oh wait, no, that's saving private.
Speaker 4: Private yea, yeah, come on, man, do you know you're yeah?
Speaker 1: No, no, fucking hey, how old are you? Man? Are you you were forty? I thought you said you were forty? Man. Fu, I'm quoting it. I'm mistaking it in an older movie. I'm like, that's backdraft, right, the even older irreletan. All right, let's let's do some good news. Yeah, oh oh fine, oh fine.
Speaker 4: Fatal drug overdoses have dropped across the US for the first time in decades. In the spring, it was reported that overdose deaths were down by nearly four percent, which is super newsworthy in and of itself, But now national surveys are showing a decline in drug deaths of roughly ten point six percent, which every year Prior to this, it's been going up a year every year, like by double digits. So that's pretty remarkable, Like it's a reversal of a very troubling trend. The data coming from the state level is even better, with some states reporting declines of twenty and thirty percent. People don't have like an exact explanation for why this is happening, but one possible explanation is the availability of or naloxone, which is the drug that can reverse opioid overdoses, and people have really hit the streets trying to get that out there in people's hands, distributed around so that people can people can take care of each other.
Speaker 1: If for a moment I thought maybe I thought maybe the despair deaths that we seem to see in this country was going down, it's more like, no, we just found no way, Like it's it's it can, that's work. Just despair is still here big time. Yeah, that's I mean, that's great, it's wildly even. Just think it's like just the just having narcan more available to people is like having these kind like offsetting these like tragic overdoses. Yeah, if I could put in a small personal ish plug solidarity and snacks the uh the Mutual Aid group I do stuff with and skid row on Saturdays at noon. We uh yeah we we We've That's one of the things that I've had to really quickly learn, like how to tell a random person like basically what narcan does. Yeah, like oh right, so yeah, just yeah, I mean education is yeah, it's really it's not super hard to use, but it is, like.
Speaker 2: You know, and it's also like sometimes you're just communicating. This is not a inhaler. This is different, right right, It's just like, yikes.
Speaker 4: Is it the nose? Is it the one that goes up the nose?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is there?
Speaker 2: Like I not to be cynical, but I kind of was curious whether there's any data on just the fentanyl news, like like the fentanyl marketing essentially really like took a dent out of coke, Like anyone who was on the fence about doing coke didn't do coke.
Speaker 1: In the last five years like that, Yeah for sure ventanyl? Yeah what do you mean like and what's what what do you mean the market?
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, like I I just feel like the bad pr for fentanyl, I feel like really.
Speaker 4: Putting people dying immediately from doing.
Speaker 2: Casual users, well probably, I would ask. I would just imagine are the most likely to overdose because they don't know what the fuck they're doing? Not sure by the way I'm saying, that's like I know what I'm doing. I also don't know what you're doing. You're not THEO vonn right now? Yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah, al be your own street light and that's good.
Speaker 1: But you know what I mean, I'm just like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: This just feels like it coincides with all the news headlines being if you do cocaine, you will oh like generally too.
Speaker 1: There are people right that like the fentanyl because then there's also just like the cops or like I looked at fentanyl and and then I was brought back by christ or Trump you pick. Yeah, like that I'm sure does definitely like yeah, if people are pumping the brakes, but yeah, you look.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's an interesting way to think about it. Like if there's a if there's you know, corporate headquarters of cocaine, they're probably like, this is really bad for us, like you know, like they're having marketing meetings about how bad you know, people dying from just like random Sentinel intoxication.
Speaker 2: And then the one guy's like, maybe this is a good thing for us, Maybe we can spin this.
Speaker 1: Are always like what if it's like what is actually good? But if it's new coke.
Speaker 4: Crystal fence and al, yeah, all right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: And we're back.
Speaker 4: And so AI has like quieted down a little bit because we haven't done a story about how AI is bullshit for a while, So I think everything's just gone quiet a little bit. But no, New York Magazine just did a quick article that I thought made an interesting point, which is the way the meaning of the word or the phrase AI is changing, like has to be so bad again, like thinking of the corporate headquarters of a AI just sitting there, yeah and being like, holy shit, this is this couldn't have gone any worse for us. So I guess this part was news to me. It's still at the forefront of tech investment and excitement in Silicon Valley. Sam Altman is still just as confident and egomaniacal to the degree that somebody said, hey, when are we getting the new Voice features in a post on earlier last week, and he responded how about a couple weeks of gratitude for magic intelligence in the sky and then you can have more toys soon.
Speaker 1: Question Mark, get the fuck?
Speaker 4: So he's just like, yeah, why don't you watch the way you talk to your God? Yeah, this is the guy again who claimed he's so spooked by his own AI that he keeps a suicide capsule on him at all times, even though he presumably knows that his own AI is just a glorified by Yeah, he's he's good at marketing. One thing they can't really control, Like, obviously they can control how it's viewed by them and their peers, but the general public, like how the Internet at large uses and reacts to AI, seems to be a little bit more out of their control. And the point this article is making is just that there seems to be a drift happening that is similar to how the meaning of the word bot changed. Like at the advent of computing, the idea of creating a robot that could carry on a conversation and answer questions was seen as like cool and compelling and aspirational, and you know, a lot of sci fi writers talked and thought about that, and then it was shitty cheap versions of that were used to just clog the Internet with bullshit, and from basically two thousand and seven onward it's been used as shorthand for like a mindless, broken communication tool that like just us lifeless bullshit at your like, that's what a bot is. And you can also insult someone by being like calling them abot as like, you know, indistinguishable from the aforementioned just soulless bullshit spewing machine.
Speaker 1: But is that like a shift or is that like a regression from the marketing to the reality, because that the second, the thing they are now is what they always were.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so that's the other thing. So I just think that this is basically what is happening with AI, and AI also is fairly similar to what the bots were already. Right, it's like a broken autocomplete thing that can sometimes trick people, but for the most part, it's like a thing that can be fun to play with but is not able to do the things that people want it to. And write, a lot of these companies went and like jammed their product into a bunch of tools before it was ready to be used, and now it's essentially synonymous with things that suck like that is essentially how people refer to AI.
Speaker 1: At this point.
Speaker 4: It's just a word for a image that looks like shit or you know, an article that seems to be written by someone who would sleep. Yeah, was being revived by Narcan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like it definitely. It almost has like a more accelerated life cycle than like the term bot did, because I feel like a year and a half ago we were like, Yo, what the fuck is with AI? And now it's like and now you're like, this is some AI bullshit, you know what I mean, Like this is what we say like all the time. There's just you just see things that you're like, oh, this is just shitty AI, like a shitty AI image, And Yeah, to that point, the association with it is like now you're like critical, Like when you see someone using AI, you're like, that person's a fucking herd, Like yeah, fuck, this is stupid that yeah art that they're put like posting up, that's stupid, it's bullshit. And yeah, so definitely, and from that point of view, it's they're having a little bit of a problem with the with the branding for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just don't know how you come back from it right, like when because so like a couple of examples they use that they're like, we're not entirely sure this is AI at all. This might just be bad art. Like the cover of the Atlantic magazine has Donald Trump like driving a horse drawn carriage with an elephant in the back. It's like supposed to I think it like has some Dumbo vibes to it.
Speaker 1: He's captured the party, dude. It's yeah, lock up cage. Oh shit, that okay, got it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, that's and then it's like it's not that. There's also this tweet from someone named John Iceman who said, I'm obsessed with this obviously AI print out my local bodega hung up to say they don't have a bathroom, and it says it's like a political cartoon with a line of people walking up to a door and it says no restroom for anyone for I A for io one. Yeah, but like bad political cartoons and like misspellings have been around forever, Like there's nothing at all for me to indicate that the people who own this bodega, like we're using chat GPT to generate this bullshit image. It's just like you could probably find that with like a simple Google search. But we've just crossed a line where it is assumed that all bad art is AI generated even when it's not, and that I feel like that's just got to be a tough trend to bounce back from, like from a marketing perspective where it's like, oh, yeah, AI is just a word for something that sucks.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the impressive part is just like, well look what it did. It's like, the impressive part is you don't have to pay anyone for it to generate something you normally bad, you know what I mean? So like what so at that point, I'm like, I don't know what they do that Suddenly people are like, oh my god, yeah, like we really we really had it wrong with AI.
Speaker 2: I think that's why, I mean, having skimmed like a little bit of the like computer science research of it, it's as far as I understand, it's just like it's it's at a high level of complexity now, but each additional like level of complexity starts to become like logarithmically more difficult. So we're already maxing out energy usage. We need to like just to maintain this shit that is bad. We had to like revamp the power grid and like figure out different more efficient computer chips than silicon like.
Speaker 1: We would have.
Speaker 2: Like it's just like the shit that has to happen for this to be good is not. It's it's like fundamentally rethinking computing energy right and.
Speaker 4: By the infrastructure of human society.
Speaker 2: If you solved those problems, even without this you know, fake ass ai like, life would be immeasurably better because we've made batteries that were a thousand times more like like efficient, or like chips that are like you know, Moore's law violatingly more like cheap, and computations per second. So it's like, yeah, all the shit otherwise that didn't and maybe can't happen hasn't happened yet, so none of this is gonna work.
Speaker 1: Right. The irony is like people who have been you know, advocates for green energy are saying, it's not that the green energy isn't available or the technology is not there. We don't have a fucking transmission grid to properly and efficiently move all of this green energy we can generate. That's one of the biggest fucking hang ups. And the irony would be like, yeah, we're modernizing the grid for fucking AI. Sure, it's like wait, what the fuck yeah, because.
Speaker 4: Like this is and this is the thing you're seeing in business literature and like Wall Street literature right now, is there's this built in assumption like we need to rebuild everything, like we need this to completely rethink like how much electricity we have access to and how much electricity we're using. Like that's what Trump was trying to talk about in that interview with Elon Musk when he was like nuclear power very dangerous, and then Elon Musk was like, we actually need nuclear power for like AI to continue to like be powered. And so I think there's going to be a moment or maybe not a moment, but like I think that's what we're going to be facing, is like they are going to be just trying to build in this assumption like well, we need to like continue developing AI, so therefore fuck climate like that. It really does seem like a lot of the AI stuff has coincided with the assumption changing from well we're gonna have to do something about climate.
Speaker 2: To maybe not they will make anything, to the thing with all these like tech people about like climate, like because there are certain like AI might solve climate change for us, and it's like that might be a compelling.
Speaker 1: Argument, but it's also, oh, like a version where we know what we have to stop doing. It's like, well, it might come up with it easier. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We also haven't ever implemented the other shit, like using less fossil fuels, Like we've never done that. So they will do anything and promise any technology to avoid doing the thing that is proven to work. It's just low tech and would hurt the oil industry. It's like it's so pathetic, all these like tech I just hate them so much.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, they like destroy the globe to power AI to get an answer to for an answer to the question of how to fix climate change, and then the answer is like stop using fossil fuel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're they're they're like forcing us into a hail Mary that is so unnecessary.
Speaker 1: Yeah for humanity.
Speaker 2: It's like, Okay, well we didn't have to do any of this, but I guess it's too late to not.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I may be the unintended consequence is if we can fucking get a good power grid and like I don't know, solar or you know, nuclear that works. Nuclear does work.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I mean it's truly it's like the transmission grid. Like it's not like we don't have vast swaths of land that are getting absolutely cooked by the sun every fucking day, like with maybe like anomalist couple of days where it isn't, but like with the right storage and transmission stuff, like you can fucking power such a significant amount of the country with a you know, comparatively small amount of land. But again, it's just it that's that is too disruptive to like this sort of fossil fuel status quo that we're in. It's just like, well, maybe fucking AI will can invent a thing that will be a shield for our earth.
Speaker 2: That's like, yeah, Ai, AI to your AI, can you how can we find a way to like not totally cook the planet while not losing any value for the worst for shireholders?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Or it would be like I remember like trying to fucking like like like cheat on a test or some shit, and I will put all this thought into being like yo, if I could just steal this from the teacher, and then if you distract them and you fake having a medical event while their head is turned I can take a fucking low key picture like the end of Oceans eleven with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and of your friends like walking, like carrying briefcases, drop it, like handing in to each other without stopping or looking at each other.
Speaker 1: Right exactly. Like it's like, what if you just had the chapter of the book. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm a good student, You're incredibly smart, Miles.
Speaker 1: Rather, I'm trying to I think I don't want to do that, and I know that's the answer. But what if my friend faked an epileptic seizure.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, no, no, but you just like put a little alca celter in his mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, it's too obvious. Too obvious, dude. Yeah, Like the tech bros are doing this but forcing us to be in on their ski. Yeah exactly right.
Speaker 2: This is like if you held the rest of your classic gunpoint is like, no, we're all doing this.
Speaker 1: They shut the fuck up. I don't care if you can, I don't care. I don't care if you read Nectar in the Sieve, all right, but I ain't reading it.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, it's uh. I had something to say a minute left my brain, but it's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you woman ask a what was Jack about to say?
Speaker 4: All right, well those are some of the stories that are happening today. Andrew T. What a pleasure having you as always? Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 1: I am yeah? Podcast? You know?
Speaker 2: Is this racist?
Speaker 1: Andrew T last n is FELTI that's it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Listen, we got we got bonus podcasts at suboptimal pods dot com. I've been doing a lot more gambling than I should do on a podcast.
Speaker 1: But wait, what do you mean like just taking weird bets on?
Speaker 2: Just know we're doing a bonus podcast with me versus Jessica Goo called The Gambler, where she was of the impression that I don't want to misquote her, but I am going to that poker was entirely a game of chance, and I was like, it's not. So we're doing a head to head one hundred dollars bankroll challenge. I'm playing quarter poker at unmentioned site. Maybe I'm not in the state of California, it doesn't matter. And she is playing ratcher scratch off tickets and we're seeing who's gonna win in this head to head gambling challenge.
Speaker 1: So we're gambling on top of gambling. Okay, gamble and gamble on gamble. I'm going it's going well. Sounds fun.
Speaker 4: Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I watched a movie called Lady Snowblood. It was like a revival at the Alamo here in Los Angeles, and it's sort of like it was very clear people had said it was sort of one of the like I guess, like it's a Japanese feudal japan story that was sort of one of the inspirations for kill Bill, and it's a lot of like very hilarious, Like I guess it's probably like you know, sixties seventies Japanese special effects, most importantly the like single slash with a sword and just like a fire hose of blood. Oh from like yeah, I had honestly, I guess I don't know that like enough about Japanese cinema, but it was like, oh, I assume that was like an anime thing and seeing.
Speaker 1: It, like no, it's from Sun Diital and that's it. It was a mechanical failure. Yeah, okay, yeah, like it was supposed to do a little bit, but that shit just went And then Grosawa was like keep that shit ye, and then so much A thousands ships. Yeah anyway, yeah, lady Solba, and I don't know where you can see it, probably find it on streaming somewhere. It was amazing. That sounds good.
Speaker 4: Miles, Where can people find you as their work media you've been enjoying.
Speaker 1: Find me on Twitter and Instagram and the like at Miles of Gray, Find Jack and I on the basketball podcast Miles with Jack. I'm at Boosties. You can find me talking ninety day Fiance on four twenty Day Fiance. I have a few First of all, did you see that clip that was going around of like the Celebrity Jeopardy when Wenona Ryder was York? It was like all over Twitter the other night.
Speaker 4: I did. I saw it, but I didn't stop to watch.
Speaker 1: I I don't know how the This is like in my top three of like Byork anythings, uh and I love Byork? This is it's a therapist. Winona Writer was as Byork isn't real, she can't hurt you, and then it says Winona Writer is Byork. I'm just gonna play a quick piece of this because this is fantastic acting from Winona Writer. Sometimes when I look at my veins and my hands, there were these two snakes. Laugh. She goes a minute long. Her commitment is so fucking next level, and that's what it takes to do a proper byork impersonation. Another one is from at Elite Underscore GZ tweeted you ever see a tweet so fire it breaks the language barrier? And it's a quote tweet from at Franas Magoria that said, la mayonessa es la re verb delo sandwiches And I'm like, yo, yep, yep, mm hmmm mm hmmm mm hmmm. That's right. Facts I don't. I don't know exactly as it is the reb of this unfortunately.
Speaker 4: All right, you can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore. O'Brien, Uh, what are some tweets I've been enjoying. I've just been enjoying a lot of the a lot of people, you know, dealing with the news about Adrian wojn Houski, the woj from ESPN leaving ESPN to go be the general manager of Saint Bonaventure's basketball program. And yeah, I don't, I don't know what to do with that information. Yeah, I mean suggest maybe like ESPN should treat their on air people better. I don't have any reason to suspect that's what it is, but a national icon. And he just left to be the general manager of Saint Bonaventures. I mean maybe it's just like his job. His job's got to be hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but the Wojh bomb is such a vital part of the NBA Twitter information sphere that shams. It's up to you now.
Speaker 4: Craigary Smith tweeted Adrian Wolje and our Houski got woken up in the middle of the night to be told Isaac o'corrow was signing a three year, thirty eight million dollar deal to return to the Caves and immediately re evaluated his life because that was his last world bomb was like a very unimportant NBA deal. And then I also like this from Big Honk and Kaboos who wrote take me down to the Roku City where the grass is purple and everything is also purple. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brian. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeikeeist. We're at the Daily Zeichgeist on Instagram, we have a Facebook fan page and a website. Daily zeikeist dot com, where we post our episodes and our footnote. We'll link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy.
Speaker 1: Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I you know a lot of people who heard Andre three thousand's flute album were like, where's the beat? Like how do I vibe with this? And it was very avant garde. Well, you know, very very very iconic. Angelino and sax player Kumasi Washington has there's actually an Andre three thousand feature on his album that came out earlier this year, and I was listening to it. It's called dream State. So if you want a little bit of Andre three thousand on a jazz or track, you can get that on this Kamasi Washington track called dream State, So enjoy that a bit of nice jazz. It's like a long track too, so it's nice to just put on while you're doing something. So yeah, dream State by Kumasi Washington featuring Andre three thousand.
Speaker 4: Oh right, We will link off to that in the footnote for delizegeis is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from My Heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio, ap Apple Podcaster, wherever you listen to your favorite that was going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to y'all then, Bye bye,