Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first, Like you know, to check the date of the Big Game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: I paid you, tell the audience he did give me the money I gave you six.
Speaker 3: I'm just wishing that I, you know, stuck to the whole Twitter thing.
Speaker 2: No, no, the money listen, man, the money's good for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've noticed.
Speaker 2: Sitting down on the kitchen counter downstairs, you've got some all what looks like old medical bills.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't think I've opened that envelope one time. I just always assume it's like that, like you're like checking.
Speaker 2: In, checking into seeing how you're doing. Yeah, you know, I think it's that we gave you medical care and you haven't paid.
Speaker 3: Us for it yet. I did not think that could be the case. I mean, I don't really think they did anything. So they figured they.
Speaker 2: Well, that's you know, listen, that's how emergency rooms work. Whether they fix it or not, they do charge it for the services.
Speaker 3: All right, and ready to go, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Welcome in to episode twenty What's Right with Nick Wright? The podcast and YouTube show like rate subscribe review. I'm gonna be honest, I'm hearing our subscriptions on the podcast feed and our subscribers on YouTube have it slowed a bit. So if you're listening right now, you're probably part of the solution, not part of the problem. Tell a couple of people on the podcast, maybe tweet about the podcast. How about this? You know, I DEMONSI might not have control of my Twitter account, but I always assume somewhat control of his. If you tweet about the What's Right with Nick Great podcast or YouTube feed, tag.
Speaker 4: Demonsay in it, He'll retweet you. How about that? There are you good with that?
Speaker 3: Of course?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 2: There you go, so get out we'll retweet you. There is he will retweet you. So we have a lot to do today. On today's show. But first we must get to what we're not doing on today's show, as we always do. What is not on today's show is Western Arference Finals Game one, because that takes place in a few hours from us actually doing this, even though it took place a few hours after you guys were hearing this.
Speaker 4: It's confusing, but just trust me.
Speaker 2: Ab wants to retire in Pittsburgh, no chance, and Tom Brady getting roasted Tom, maybe more accurately, Tom Brady's social media team getting roasted.
Speaker 4: That is not on today's show.
Speaker 2: We will get to what is on today show in just a minute, but if you didn't hear the episode earlier in the week up, we have up the clock by two minutes. We have twelve minutes for the first segment. I am one for one and hitting the clock with the new twelve minute time frame is what we should have been doing from the beginning. So you guys can start the clock. You'll see it in the right top left hand corn of your screen for watching on YouTube. If you're listeners, don't have to trust me. Start the clock, demons. What are we starting with?
Speaker 5: So, yeah, Miami won Game one against Boston, just like you said, yeah, I'm not abandoning shit, but it's uh, I mean, obviously there were key players missing. You did say that the Heat would win because like, you know, Celtics were gas or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they were missing.
Speaker 2: You're missing Marcus Smart and Al Horford.
Speaker 5: I feel like if that's not the narrative, they definitely win the game. Okay, but you know, so are we all just sleeping on Jimmy Butler in the heater?
Speaker 3: What's going on here? I'm not sleep on Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 2: All right, So a lot of things discussing. First of all, I will give you credit. You have been the biggest Robert Williams time Lord fan there is.
Speaker 4: And he played yesterday and played well.
Speaker 2: Played very well, and it was looking great for the Celtics. The Celtics are up ten at halftime, and if they win that game in Miami, no Marcus Smart, no Al Horford, It's very hard to figure out how the Heat are going to be able to win four of the next six as the Celtics get healthier. But then the Celtics and notably your guy Tatum, had the worst quarter they've had all postseas yea, and now that was inflicted upon them by the Miami Heat defense in Jimmy Butler. But Tatum tied the modern playoff record for most turnovers in a quarter in any playoff game. He had six turnovers in the third quarter and it went from a ten point Celtics lead to a ten point Celtics deficit in the span of six game minutes. First six minutes of the third quarter was a twenty two to two Miami run. Now, that was done some by Jimmy, but a lot by the Miami.
Speaker 4: Defense as a whole.
Speaker 2: But to answer the question about are we sleeping on the Heat, I mean they're the one seed. They made the finals two years ago. Everyone discounts that finals appearance because what they're really trying to do because so much of not just for me, but from so much NBA commentary revolves around the Sun that is Lebron James, and so people discount what the Heat did in the bubble as a way to discount what Lebron won in the bubble. If you acknowledge the Heat, we're an awesome team. It gives more validity to Lebron's championship instead of me calling it a bubble title or a Mickey Mouse title. But if you look at it like, okay, so the Heat went to the finals in twenty twenty. Last year they ran into peak of his powers Giannis, and they played poorly and guys were banged up and they got swept in around one. This year they're the one seed. They have been able to deal with injuries throughout the year, still be the one seed. And now we get to Jimmy Butler. Which this is something we acknowledge is happens all the time with some regularity in the negative direction. But people need to open up their eyes that this can happen the positive direction.
Speaker 4: Here's what we know.
Speaker 2: What happens in the negative direction. An all time great regular season player gets to the postseason and gets worse every year.
Speaker 4: James Harden is an example.
Speaker 2: James Harden is regular season wise, statistically one of the greatest players ever, and in the postseason is twenty five to thirty percent worse. Before your era, Carl Malone was like this, Carl Malone second leading all time scorer. Well did Lebron pass him yet, I'm not certain, but regardless he was the second leading all time scorer one two MVPs finished second to other times and Carl Malone come the postseason would be just a little bit worse. We would say, Okay, you're great in the regular season and you're just good in the postseason. Jimmy Butler's the inverse of that. He's good in the regular season twenty points, five rebounds, five assists, and come to the playoffs, he's a different level. Gone. He ups his game by twenty five to thirty percent. Jimmy Butler the year they went to the finals had zero forty point games in the regular season.
Speaker 4: In the playoffs, he had too.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Butler this year had zero forty point games in the regular season. In the playoffs he already has three. So is Jimmy Butler a superstar in the regular season?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: In the playoffs? Are there ten guys you'd rather have? Sure doesn't seem like it. So in the playoffs he's a superstar in the playoffs that matters the most. We saw this a bit with your guy Rondo near the end of his career, but that wasn't to the same.
Speaker 4: Was happening with Rondo was Rondo was.
Speaker 2: Bad in the regular season and then would be above average to good in the playoffs. Yeah, Butler being good in the regular season and then great in the playoffs is a unique thing. But yeah, I mean some people are sleeping on the Heat. Some people picked the Heat to win the series. Heat and seven was the pick. Feel pretty good about it. But you guys will get Smart back, You'll get Horford back, Your guy.
Speaker 4: Tatum needs to play better. It all is not lost.
Speaker 2: There's gonna be a tight nip and tuck series. However, Yeah, some people saying, well, Heat, not me because I've gotten basically everything about these NBA playoffs right except for the Buck Celtics series, and Chris Milton was out, so it doesn't even really.
Speaker 3: Can there's sticking with Heat and seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course I'm not going to abandon it after they win Game one, of course.
Speaker 4: Not all right, what's the next?
Speaker 3: Chris Faull says he's coming back next year. Wolves reports that Ayton's due for a max and free agency.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Suns fan, wait on, Yeah, Suns fans are blaming everyone from Maddy Williams to Kendall Jinner.
Speaker 3: So did they just have a bad Game seven or do you think they need to blow it up?
Speaker 2: There's a fork in the road moment for the Suns because Robert Sarver, who deals with a bunch of off the court stuff that he inflicted upon himself, is notoriously cheap.
Speaker 4: He's the owner of the Suns.
Speaker 2: I do right now. Booker's on a max, Chris Paul's making thirty million per Mikhail Bridges is making twenty million, Jay Crowder's making ten million, Landry Shamman's making ten million. There in Landry Shaman's contract disaster. And that's before they pay eight and a nine. So the fork in the road moment is this because Aighton will get a MAX from somewhere.
Speaker 4: The question is will it be Phoenix?
Speaker 2: They could have given him the max last year after he helped lead them to the finals, they didn't.
Speaker 4: Are they going to give him a MAX this year?
Speaker 3: Any idea why that happened?
Speaker 2: Well, I think because Starbar's incredibly cheap, and because there's questions about Aton's maturity, and there's questions about does it make sense to play a center to pay a center in this NBA the max unless he's Embiid or Jokics that caliber of a guy. But somebody will. The other problem for the poor Suns is eight and went number one in Luca's draft, so they could have just had Luca and I said they took DeAndre Aid, but set that aside.
Speaker 4: Here is to answer your question. Yes, it was a disastrous.
Speaker 2: All time gag job of the game seven that was not indicative to the quality of their team. But Chris Paul's thirty seven. There's no reason to believe he's going to be better. He's only going to slowly deterior. So the Sons have a choice. Run it back one more time with Chris, maybe sign in, trade Aighton, or just let Aighton walk and hope Michale Bridges gets better, Booker bounces back from a rough series. Chris can hold on or pivot the other way, sign Ayton move on from Chris. So there's a trade out there if they want it. That's an easy one to make. That is actually about the Lakers that we can discuss in a moment. I don't know if they would want to do it, but it exists. But there are other teams. There's not a lot that would want thirty seven soon to be thirty eight year old Chris Paul making thirty million each of the next two years, but they could do that. I don't think they're going to do that. I think they're going to run it all back and move on from Ayton. But the short version is this, I think the Sun's window a slam shut. I think the next time the Suns make a conference finals, let alone in the NBA Finals, Chris Paul will be long retired.
Speaker 4: And if you agree with me on that, then you probably.
Speaker 2: At least consider moving on from CP three, which I think leads us well oddly enough into our next topic. But go ahead and tell us about our next topic, which appears to be about the Lake somehow.
Speaker 3: The Lakers made the show today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, while since we talked about them perspective, coaches are saying that Russ is still in their plans.
Speaker 3: Coach Magic and Phil Johnson are helping.
Speaker 2: The Phil Jackson. Phil, what I said, this is Phil Johnson. You think the Magic Johnson?
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead, Phil and Magie Johnson are responsible for this. But you know, who do you do? You do you think Russ will actually, you know, has any chance of coming back to the Lakers.
Speaker 2: No, I don't. I think that people are misunderstanding. Of course, the Lakers are telling coaches that Russ might be back because they're not going to hire all these guys and if you interview a guy for a job, he doesn't get the job, then he can tell anyone in everyone they're all they're done with Russ.
Speaker 4: They're trading Russ.
Speaker 2: If they want to have any chance to have any type of leverage in any potential Russ trade, which they're already kneecapped on, there needs to be the pos like, hey, we might just run it back and keep him. So I think I can't. But even though Phil Jackson reportedly has said keep Russ and trade Lebron, which is just insanity, I love if the Lakers did that. By the way, I don't like Lebron playing on the West Coast. It ruins my sleep schedule during the year. The Lakers are are our poverty franchise at this point, not but I don't think they're going.
Speaker 5: Obviously, don't think Russ was responsible for too much of the downfall of the Lakers.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't think you watched enough of Lakers Russ was terrible with that said, let me get back to the CP three thing. Okay, So Russ only has one year left on his deal. If the Lakers call up the Suns and say.
Speaker 4: You want to pay thirty seven soon to be thirty eight year old Chris Paul. I don't know. We like paying old guys.
Speaker 2: You want to be able to get off Landry Shammits ten million this year and next year, we'll give you Russ plus a couple of draft picks future picks that could be good because Lebron will be gone by then, Chris Paul will be gone by then. You can have those picks for Russ, for Chris Paul and Landry Shammitt plus picks from the Lakers, And then Starver can decide that Suns can decide will we try to use Russ or we just buy him out? Will we try to pay him thirty eight million of the forty seven million to pay him to go away? He can go sign somewhere else, and we can instead of being on the hook for around ninety million for Chris over the next three years, We're just gonna be on the hook for this forty to forty seven million for us this year, and we get off Shammit's money and we get the draft picks. Because if they do want to, the Lakers are going to really have to thread the needle on this rush trade. They're going to have to take back bad contracts. Is Chris Paul a bad contract at this point?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's it's hard to say he is given how well he played during the regular season. But it's also hard to trust his body at the end of a regular season at the end of a postseason. But I don't really want to slander Chris Paul right now because this guy we're about to talk about is taking care of it for the whole world. What's our final topic, Demansey, It's.
Speaker 5: Been a few days since Patrick Beverley went on his disrespectful rant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely went in on CP three.
Speaker 5: Players like Katie Dame and Matt Barnes back Chris Paul up, Yeah, saying that he was out of line. I think, you know, he might have just been trying to be entertaining, Like why would anybody care about this?
Speaker 2: It's a weird thing. But Patrick Beverly is in the exact wrong position to be disrespectful of a great athlete. Here are the people that, rightly or wrongly, the general public has no problem with with being.
Speaker 4: Disrespectful of a great player.
Speaker 2: Other great players Shack and barklay On inside the NBA can say whatever they want, or guys like me who never played the only like, if you never play, you're Steven A. If you're me, you can just crush people, and people like that's the job. If you're an all time great, it's like, oh, you gotta listen to him, it's all time great. If you were a role player, people are like, don't how dare you? How dare you take a shot at Chris Paul like that. It's a really weird thing where if Beverly was just way worse at basketball and never made the NBA, nothing he'd be saying would be considered that out of line. But because he's good enough to make the NBA but not good enough to be a good NBA player, he's getting.
Speaker 3: Take on it. By the way, that's what he said.
Speaker 2: He was like, listen, we were role players. We gotta we gotta zimmy exactly right. No, that's how it works. And so it's why I've always wondered. And then I'll wrap up like our Laslow asked me this once, my old buddy from can't see Radio. If he thinks quarterbacks get like, who are quarterbacks more bothered by when they get criticized by? Like if I am criticizing Russell Wilson. Is he more bothered by me criticizing him someone who never played, or if Dan Orlovsky criticized him when Orlovsky played but was known for running out of the back of the end zone on his safety and was.
Speaker 4: A bad player. Who is a great analyst?
Speaker 2: Like who? Who doesn't bother the athlete more?
Speaker 4: And I think, actually it bothers.
Speaker 2: The alute talking right, exactly right. But for some reason the commentary are like, ah, that's his job, all right, We'll we write back.
Speaker 6: Oh gosh. This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Robliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg. Evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Kanavalli. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Patrick Beverly is he's always hated Chris Paul right, I mean.
Speaker 5: And like he tried to like make it seem like it wasn't hate by saying, you know, like I.
Speaker 3: Love the guy.
Speaker 4: Here's the other problem.
Speaker 2: If Pat Beverly's going to talk about how bad of a defender Chris Paul. And by the way, Chris Paul for a decade was one of the best defenders in the releet.
Speaker 3: He's old, he's nine times.
Speaker 2: Defense, but now he's gotten worst defensively and he's always been small, which makes it hard. Right, But let's say Pat Beverly was Jamal Crawford. If Jamal Crawford was like, gotta tell you, look at Chris Paul up there, and we start looking because Beverly like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The problem is Beverly has never been able to exploit anyone.
Speaker 4: On offense.
Speaker 2: Ever, Like Beverly at his apex is very good defender and might knock down a couple threes. The idea that you could have picked the worst defender in the league Patrick Beverly is not like clear out for me.
Speaker 4: He's just a trash offensive Oh my god, which is what made it more laughable.
Speaker 2: Chris Paul's final five games, which were the worst five game stretch of his career are Beverly's career average?
Speaker 4: Like, stop it, all right?
Speaker 2: I failed hitting the clock that first segment, but I was close.
Speaker 3: I was really close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, within a minute, I think it's okay. I'll hit it this segment. We got ten minutes on the clock. It's second segment of the show. It's episode twenty of the What's Right with the Great podcast? You did very well that segment. Yet you know why? How I know you did well is your evolution as a broadcaster. You had one little stumble reading the question. You didn't let it bother you. You just powered through. You're like, ah, I know, no reason.
Speaker 4: To stop down. We don't. Let's just keep it moving.
Speaker 2: People understand, Demonse is here not necessarily because he enunciates perfectly or necessarily knows that the guy's name is Phil Jackson, not Phil Johnson. He's here because he's the eye candy of the show and occasionally shocks you with the good take. All right, Demonse, what are we starting with for the second segment?
Speaker 3: Draft lottery happened Tuesday night? Yep, magic getting the number one page.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know the lottery is fun. But what can we do to make it better.
Speaker 2: Oh, a little nick makes it right? All right, here's the deal. Because I actually like the lottery. I like how they flatten the odds. I enjoy watching it every year. There's some suspense. I think Malika did an excellent job on the broadcast yesterday. Malika is the young lady who I told you her kind of rise to prominence in NBA media. How cool that is to unbelieve. And she does a great job. Here's the only tweak I would make. It's not a massive tweak, because teams should be a little embarrassed when they end up in the lottery. Thirty teams in the League sixteen make the playoffs, so you got to be a below average team to make the lottery. You should be really embarrassed if you show up in the lottery repeatedly.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I don't think owners should be allowed to send emissaries there, so like the Blazers sent Dane and the Pelicans sent Swin Cash, who's their VP of basketballs the lottery and some owners go occasionally. Dan Gilbert famously used to go with the Caps. I think the owners of all the lottery teams should have to go, and they should have ownership statistics, So it would say, for the veck who owns the Kings, it should say the vech ran a deba, pardon.
Speaker 3: Me if I get his last last five? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh, lottery veteran, his ninth consecutive season in the lottery, in his ninth season of ownership, absolutely supposed them.
Speaker 4: And then like when a team that's.
Speaker 2: Well run shows up, it's like, oh, it's like, okay, the Blazers first season in the lottery in six years, Like okay, good for them, Like you're doing a good job that way. You're not tanking well. It's seeing sometimes with tank but owners have been. There has to be some shame to it when when the thunder who have just not tried to win basketball game over the last four years, that Clay Bennet or whomever the primary owner is, shows up, it should say, you know, best odds for number one pick every year the last four you know it should I want lot I want ownership statistics of how often you're in the lottery. I want those screen grabs floating around, and I want there to be some public shaming of teams that are not trying to compete.
Speaker 4: Aside, that's a.
Speaker 2: Good one right now, it'll never happen because the owners technically own the league and are in charge of things. But I if I Bill Simmons, you saw about there being a sports Zar, someone who's like the Attorney General for the country, except over sports, who has power over even league commissioners.
Speaker 4: If there is a sports zar, implement.
Speaker 2: This, I think that's I just think it would disincentivized tanking a bit, and every once in a while a little public shame for billionaires can go a long way.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's next?
Speaker 3: You've picked every game for the twenty twenty two season already?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 4: Fact, Let me see if I can find it.
Speaker 3: It's so early. Odell Beckham doesn't even have a team yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the grid. I don't have the picks on me, but I fill out this grid. I highlight it green is green is wins, red as losses, and then I can pile it.
Speaker 4: Okay, so there are my standings.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Yeah, so what are you doing here? What are you making right?
Speaker 4: What am I hold on?
Speaker 2: What do you I don't even understand what you're asking me here. You're asking me why I do this?
Speaker 3: Yes, Like, how are you going to pick these? The outcome of these games.
Speaker 2: You know, when I guess I'm a sports genius, Okay, I mean this is I mean do it now. Listen, it's two hundred and seventy two games. Do I think I'm gonna go two hundred and seventy two and two hundred and seventy two. No, of course I don't like. But it gives me a good template to kind of base my early season predictions.
Speaker 4: It gives me.
Speaker 2: An idea of you know, I go through it one by one and I'm like, oh, man, like it's a four instance. I didn't realize how screwed the Patriots were before I did this. When you look at the Patriots are, our lead producer, Gabe will like this a lot. You look at the beginning of their schedule and you're like, at Miami at Pittsburgh, home for Baltimore at Green Bay. Okay, so New England's going to be Vegas underdogs in all four of their first games. Then you look at the end of their schedule, New England at Minnesota underdog, home for Buffalo, underdog at Arizona underdog at the Raiders, underdog, home for Cincinnati underdog, home for Miami favorite at Buffalo underdog. So the Patriots the first four they're going to be underdogs.
Speaker 5: Is this a set who were filling out while you're getting pestered by d Yes, yes, it's yeah.
Speaker 3: It might be a little bit accurate.
Speaker 2: No, it's not going to be accurate. But so let me finish the point. Then we'll talk about the annoyance of that Patriots first four they're going to be underdogs. Final seven to six of them, they're going to be underdogs. They're screwed, just flatly screwed. Now, occasionally there's some a few squirrely results where after I do it because I go week one, Week two, week three, and then I add up to the wins and losses. An occasionally I'm like, oh wow, as we're gonna talk about a moment like h My model, which is just my brain seems to like the Bears more than anybody else.
Speaker 4: But here's the other reason I do it.
Speaker 2: Other broadcasters sometimes pick, you know, here'll be the final standings, and then when you add them all up, they've accounted for. There's two hundred and seventy two games, so your finals records need to be two hundred and seventy two wins and two hundred and seventy two losses by me doing it like this. Every time I go through Week one Arizona or against kan City, I highlight green kan City. They're gonna win red Arizona, They're gonna lose that way at the end of the year, the records, even though ib you say I won't get them all right, the records could be exact. Other folks will do it, and if you do the math on it, it's two hundred and eighty wins and two hundred and sixty four losses for the league. That doesn't That can't work.
Speaker 4: So that's why I do it.
Speaker 2: I do it in part because I'm a little ocd enough that I want the record see be exactly two seventy two and two seventy two, but also because it gives me a nice loose template of how I think the season's.
Speaker 3: Going to go.
Speaker 2: But there were, as you can probably see on the right side of the screen, a few outlier predictions. I think we're going to get to those right now. In two wrongs and one right demonse, take it away.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, the forty nine ers will go fourteen to three because Trey Lance's quarterback, Jimmy g is quarterback or with Shanahan, does it not matter or does quarterback not matter?
Speaker 2: Sorry, no, I don't think Jimmy g is going to be the quarterback, so we can get rid of that one. It's a combination of one in three of Trey Lank. I think Trey Lance is going to be really good in this Shanahan offense. I think they were smart for not folding to Deebo Samuel's trade demand. And I the Niners made the conference championship game last year with I think below average quarterback play. Two years ago they made the Super Bowl. I like their coaching a ton. I like their roster is fourteen three a bit ambitious? Sure, it's just how I You know, once I picked every game, I realized I am winning fourteen games. But I do think they're going I think the Niners and the Rams are far and away the two best teams in the NFC. Now, I think we're getting to my most controversial pick so far.
Speaker 4: All right, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Admit defeat all these predictions already Bears eleven and six, Jaguars eight to nine, or.
Speaker 3: The Ravens going fourteen and three.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm definitely not amitting defeat on the Ravens.
Speaker 2: The Ravens were eight and three last year and were the one seed before Lamar got hurt. That was despite all their running backs being injured in the preseason and then late in the year Lamar got hurt and all their their entire secondary got injured. I think the Ravens will be excellent. The Jaguars, I don't love what they did in the draft. I don't love their GM, but I do love that they have a new head coach, not Urban Meyer, who the players clearly were not vibing with to say the least. And I think Trevor Lawrence is going to be a great quarterback, so then winning eight games to me, is totally reasonable.
Speaker 4: The Bears one, here's the problem with I like Justin Fields.
Speaker 2: Okay, However, you know Danny my Markets, Yeah, Danny Parkins, he lives in Chicago, is the number one sports media guy in Chicago covers the Bears. He texts me when Bears when these picks came out, and he said, you're drunk, buddy, And I was like, you're not You're not believing in the Bears and he was like, dude, eleven wins Issa, what is odd. Is the first time I ever did this was my first time at Fox doing It was six years ago. And you know what, the big outlier prediction that time was the Bears. I had the Bears with with Mitch Trubisky going twelve and four for some reason.
Speaker 4: Mike, did they do that season?
Speaker 2: Not twelve and four.
Speaker 4: For some reason?
Speaker 2: My my, My week by week NFL picks have a strong Bears bias. So I guess the one that's probably the least likely the Bears. But I'm sticking with all of them. All right, what's next? You pick these three teams to miss the playoffs? Which and base will you be apologizing to at the end of the season. Okay, New England, Cincinnati or Las Vegas. Oh, New England I think is drawing dead. And Vegas I know they made the playoffs this past year, but the division got so much better except for the Chiefs, and the Chiefs were already so much better than them.
Speaker 4: I think Vegas gonna finish last. My answer is very simple.
Speaker 2: Cincinnati is the one that was the hardest because they did upgrade the offensive line, they did make the Super Bowl, and Bengals fans, I would be the one fan base. I would apologize to you because they were actually pretty gracious after they dispatched of my chiefs.
Speaker 4: I like Bengals fans.
Speaker 2: I don't have much time for Patriot fans because they're also Celtic fans. I'm not a huge fan of the general area. You're fine, but it's Celtics. The Celtics, of course, not all right. What's the last question?
Speaker 3: Lebron did a Q and A. What was the most interesting revelation?
Speaker 5: Yep, picking Katie and Kyrie's teammates, saying Luca is his favorite player, or saying the twenty eleven finals is a low point.
Speaker 2: Oh, the most interesting thing was the first one you mentioned. We already knew the twenty eleven finals was a low point. And he has already said Luca is his favorite player in the league because listen, Lebron's got a bit of an ego and Luca is his.
Speaker 4: Favorite player because Luca plays most like him.
Speaker 2: Bron when he was asked who would you pick as far as all time guys, the question was it's Michael and Scottie against you and somebody who's your teammate, and he said, Kobe, that makes sense.
Speaker 4: Kyrie kad that makes sense or Kyrie.
Speaker 2: The Lebron Kyrie slowly but surely, because Kyrie did some interviews that said, you know, I kind of regret.
Speaker 4: How it ended there. Yeah, yeah, I mean I got it.
Speaker 2: Maybe Kyrie is reading the writing on the wall that the Nets aren't as high on him as he was was. Maybe a little I was trading Russ earlier to the Suns for Chris Paul. Maybe a Katie Russ reunion in Brooklyn. How about that and Lebron Kyrie reunion. I've only been pitching that for six months. God, I'd love for that to happen.
Speaker 5: And I don't even want Kyrie to join Lebron because I just don't want.
Speaker 4: You don't want Kyrie to success.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I was about saying I don't want him to win it.
Speaker 4: You know, you don't want Kyrie to have success.
Speaker 2: I understand, I understand why you feel that way, but I do want Lebron to win another ring. And Kyrie with Lebron has been a dynamic duo. With that said, Kyrie is not a guy who had pick in that two on two match. Because he's not two on two.
Speaker 4: You got to be able to guard.
Speaker 2: He's not guarding right guy, all right, will be right back, all right, welcome back. In final segment of episode twenty What's Right with the Right podcast and YouTube show like rate, subscribe, review and as always a reminder. Sunday we get into I Believe the top twenty five players of the last fifty years on our continued countdown of the fifty Girys players the last fifty years. Those special What's Right with the Right episodes, But Demon's Sea Block is really your time to shine. I know there was something that we were as a family, all sitting in the office watching the beginning of the Celtics game, and I said this would be a good topic for the end of the show, But I don't remember what we were discussing.
Speaker 4: I hope you do.
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 5: I remember a couple of discussions, Okay. One Mom revealed this picture to me that I'm assuming.
Speaker 4: Okay, now, I do remember.
Speaker 2: I was thinking of the thing with your little sister and the ice cream shop.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but I'll go ahead and talk about this one first, Okay.
Speaker 5: So I'm assuming that it was like the night that the Lakers got eliminated from the play in. Mom shows me a picture of you sitting in the bed, boxers on and everything, smoking a black and Mile, no ashtray in sight, just smoking a black and Mile on the bare bed.
Speaker 2: In just my underwear. That picture will never see the light of day. By the way, Yeah, so this was so I don't listen. I don't have a lot of recollection of that night. And it is evident by the fact that I was smoking in the house, in my bedroom, I mean, just bleary eyed.
Speaker 7: I wish I was like, I'm just just wrecked, and I can't believe like I was. I must have been so gone that I do.
Speaker 2: You realize how in real life, how scared I would be of your mom seeing me. I don't like when your mom sees me smoke at all, much less smoke in the house, much less get down to my boxer shorts.
Speaker 4: And that picture that black mouse smokeing to the.
Speaker 2: It is it is. I'm smoking it to the filter and she just snapped.
Speaker 4: A photo of me.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't remember. I would have.
Speaker 2: I would have bet any amount of money that didn't happen.
Speaker 4: But there's photographic evidence.
Speaker 3: Yep, Okay, all right, that's not what we can exposure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me tell.
Speaker 2: You, because you weren't there, Deana, my youngest daughter. Yesterday, we're at sugar Hill Creamery, which is a great ice cream shop directly next door to my wife's boutique, Trentage.
Speaker 4: By the way, if you're in New.
Speaker 2: York City on Linux, which is sixth Avenue between one nineteen the one twenty, it's stopped by sugar Hill Creamery. Unpaid endorsement. Get some ice cream, then stop by Trentage. Get some great women's.
Speaker 3: Clothing trendy meets vintage.
Speaker 2: There you go, We're turning means vintage. Great job, great family plug. I'm there yesterday with your little sister, and the people that work there know me and they like talk sports with me. And one of them says like, hey, who do you have MAVs Warriors? And I said, oh, I got the MAVs. I was like, you know, Luca's one of the two best players in the league, and they go one of the two best.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, him and Giannis.
Speaker 2: And Deanna gets indignant and looks at me and says, what about Lebron? I thought Lebron was your favorite. I'm like, he is my favorite player, but he's not the best anymore. Deanna then there are people eating ice cream and the workers and people online. Deanna stands up and says, excuse me, everybody. I want you guys to know that if you're my dad's favorite player, as soon as someone's better than you, he'll cheat on you with somebody else.
Speaker 4: I said, excuse me.
Speaker 2: She's like, it's true, Daddy. You always said Lebron was the best, and now Luca, who I never heard of, now you're saying he's better than him.
Speaker 4: Is she like?
Speaker 3: Wass this might have something to do with Fortnite.
Speaker 5: That might have been like a you know, transparent little bashing right there.
Speaker 4: What do you mean somebody with fortance?
Speaker 3: I mean, if you.
Speaker 5: Remember how she was, you are having her direct to you in Fortnite, and then like when I started coming around and I'd say things, I feel like she was.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, you don't take my advice anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she got mad at me. Maybe she's just been bitter at me because I picked a better Fortnite coach than her, lashing out, And she's lashing out by trying to expose me in ice cream shops around New York City, saying I'm cheating on my favorite player by acknowledging someone else's better.
Speaker 4: So there it is.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's today's show.