Speaker 1: Hey there, folks.
Speaker 2: It is Wednesday, August fifth, and a popular TikToker was live streaming to his six hundred thousand followers when he was executed live for everybody to see. And with that, welcome to this episode of Amy and TJ.
Speaker 1: Rose.
Speaker 2: I'm scared to open the damn Internet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is going on? I told you.
Speaker 3: I Unfortunately that what you just described is still available as of this recording.
Speaker 1: Anyone to see. If you go on to X and I saw someone wrote my god.
Speaker 3: First I pull up X and I see Perez Hilton and now I see this TikTok influencer murdered.
Speaker 1: Like, what is going on?
Speaker 3: I'm afraid to open up a social media app at this point.
Speaker 1: This is ropes.
Speaker 2: This is incredible. These incredible tools we have that you can go live on any street at any moment. But the thing about live robes, things happen, and this was it is incredible to watch. And yes we did look at it. For the sake of this reporting, we do not recommend it.
Speaker 3: But Robes.
Speaker 2: This was a very popular and very young, twenty five years old influencer in Mexico, twenty.
Speaker 3: Five years old, and you know what his videos were his live streaming videos were comedic.
Speaker 1: He was having fun.
Speaker 3: In fact, Goofy even and in this particular this, by the way, and what's exceptionally concerning, is that this happened on a busy street in front of a KFC restaurant. He's Goofully dressed up as a basically a door dash driver or a delivery driver. He's got the big square backpack where he has food on and he's he's being funny and silly and live streaming with two of his friends.
Speaker 1: And this is at eight pm at night.
Speaker 3: And the way it was described in terms of its location just feet away from the prosecutor's office.
Speaker 1: So this is a place where it's not rural. It wasn't in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: It wasn't someplace where a hit could happen and no one would know who was coming and where they left from. You can clearly see the two men who pull up on a motorcycle, and I believe it's the driver who pulls out a gun and.
Speaker 1: Shoots him in the head in the middle of the live stream.
Speaker 2: And we're talking about Sezar Gastellone is his name, and he is described as a comedian influencer online. But yes, he has has accumulated six hundred thousand followers now from what I had seen and what he has done is a bunch of pretty silly, goofy videos and comedy sketches. So it's that's his lane. It seems difficult to think could understand and why is it that? How he could drawn the eye of whomever who thought this was necessary to do? I don't know, but robes, they knew exactly where he.
Speaker 3: Was well, and that's the point, and that's the scary thing. We actually did an episode on this at the end of last year about just how many live streamers have had issues with yes being targeted and then attacked or murdered because it's very obvious where you are. Anyone who is following you, one of his six hundred thousand followers, they can see your exact location. They know where you are in real time. So if you have any enemies or anyone is out to get you or out to even make a spectacle of you, that is the scary thing about live streaming. You are known, your location is known to every single person who was tuned into your channel or to your broadcast, and the.
Speaker 2: Clip robes of that's going around as a shorter clip than twelve seconds or something of what happens there at the end, But this was a longer live stream I have seen even about a two minute version. They were his friends, were riding around in a car. Even they got out, they went inside the restaurant, they came out, so if anyone was following him online and following the live stream, they had a while to figure out the location and figure out where they were going and to just be lying in wait almost if they wanted to. And that is is not the first one we've seen similar to this. We'll explain here shortly, but we'll explain at least this one and what you see in this video. And as you were setting up robes, they looked like he and his friends. They all have on hats. Here has a hoodie on and a cowboy hat and glasses. They're laughing. They're smiling through this video. They're in the car driving around for a bit and they get out robes, they go inside. They're standing around inside and they come out and robes. This is where everything seemed to be fine and cool, and they were laughing. So you got at least three guys here cast alone is on the right of them all, and it has to be a fourth person who was shooting the videos, So four of them have to be standing there on the side of the street outside the KFC.
Speaker 1: And by the way, they weren't blending in.
Speaker 3: They were dressed in bright orange delivery jackets, so they stood out in addition to wearing their hats, but they were in costume.
Speaker 1: They were dressed up, and they were bright. They were beacons, so to speak.
Speaker 3: Not only could you have seen them on your live stream, but also when you pulled up or if you were targeting them, they were really obvious standing in a well lit area in front of this fast food restaurant, this KFC, in bright orange garb with backpacks of food delivery drivers, and you see it. It's surreal to watch because, as you described, Babe, they were laughing, they were being funny, they were making a comedic video.
Speaker 1: So everybody was in good spirits.
Speaker 3: There was no sense or feeling of danger or worry or concern. Nobody was looking over their shoulders. This wasn't some serious live stream where they were calling out somebody or airing grievances. No, they were just having a good old time on a Tuesday night at eight pm, and you see this motorcycle with a driver, and there I have seen now people have obviously taken these videos or this live stream and zoomed in and before they came up close, you can see the men's faces very clearly.
Speaker 1: So obviously there was a man hunt underway.
Speaker 3: But I believe when they came up closer, the driver who ended up doing the shooting had his They both had helmets on.
Speaker 1: He had, I believe his helmet down, but yeah.
Speaker 3: He just they slow down, and it doesn't even look like Sezar Gastalloum even noticed they were behind him.
Speaker 1: He doesn't even look like he turned around to look at them.
Speaker 3: He wasn't even aware it seemed that somebody was coming up behind him.
Speaker 1: He might have just quickly glanced. But they've got smiles on their faces.
Speaker 2: They and the here's the weird thing, Grobes. There are two people on the motorcycle. You would think the person in the back was going to be the shooter. Yes, but the driver is the shooter. Now, if you know anything at all about a motorcycle, you have to stop that bike and get it in a particular position. If you're going to take one hand off of a handle.
Speaker 3: You would know this more than I would. You do you ride a motorcycle as.
Speaker 2: A sou you have to come to so the driver here Robes had to come to a full stop, make a movement to take out a gun, shoot, put the bike back in gear. What I'm saying is Robes this as in real time, took a beat. He they he pulls up calmly. They aren't alarmed at all. Robes they turn around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're not even paying attention.
Speaker 2: They're not. And he turns around. Nobody he's worried. It's just a gallon a motorcycle rope. They have to make a full stop. This takes a moment to do. You have to put the gun back in your pants and take off. So it wasn't when we say there was the two guys on a bike. It wasn't a drive by situation. It was a pull up, stop, execute, and take off. I was struck by how much time he had to react. That he didn't right.
Speaker 3: Because there was no fear. And you know we even you just freezed the frame and paused. And the two friends who are with Gustelum they saw are smiling, but they they're turning around.
Speaker 1: They're smiling. He looks back at the guys because they've stopped.
Speaker 3: You're like, hey, maybe you're thinking, hey, they're fans of ours there.
Speaker 1: They know we're doing a live stream.
Speaker 3: And these guys who are pulling up are in like polo shirts and jeans.
Speaker 1: They look casual as hell.
Speaker 3: They don't look like they're coming up as assassins or like cartel members who are out to get someone.
Speaker 1: They don't look threatening, they don't look scary.
Speaker 2: But look at the friends. The Gastoloma's with. He's just standing there and he turns. But his friend here he sees something first and makes him take off from Oh, he sees the gun.
Speaker 1: He sees a gun at the very last second. You're right, but like.
Speaker 2: He's smiling, never reacts, He never reacts to the He never ropes, ever reacts.
Speaker 3: I imagine he thought he was probably fans of his. He's got six hundred thousand followers. He's doing a live stream. You know, you and I have been up plenty of times on the corner of streets.
Speaker 1: I have been. I know you must have been too.
Speaker 3: I've been in dangerous neighborhoods where you're going live and you're looking over your shoulder, your photographer. I've had a scary moment or two where people have come up and threatened you or threatened to do something to you on live national television.
Speaker 1: I have actually had that experience.
Speaker 3: But most of the time, when people approach you when you're going on live, it's they're excited, they're friendly, they want to be a part of things, they want to know what's going on. I don't think most of the time, or any of the time, you're anticipating someone coming out to target you, to kill.
Speaker 1: You in the middle of and his mind is elsewhere.
Speaker 3: He's doing a live stream, he's in a comedic sketch sketch us, he's entertaining people.
Speaker 1: He's not thinking about that his life is at stake.
Speaker 2: We've we've we've reacted exactly how he did, absolutely on live television when better instincts told us we should probably react and run or something. Well, it's absolutely plenty of time. So when you put me in that headspace, I see why he is performing. I have to do this is the most important thing right now, to whatever. But there was no Danate. These two guys were up. They pull up on a bike and stop it looks like maybe a dirt bike and stop and he had to pull out. So, yes, that search that is underway. This is in Sineloa State down there in Mexico, which has been certainly the site of play of cartel violence. Just how much I was and you might be as well, folks surprised to hear just how many influencers as social media influencers are being killed in Sineloa State alone. Stay here, we'll tell you how many in the past year and also why cartels are targeting them.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Amy and TJ as we are talking about another disturbing video. This one was initially a live stream of a very popular TikTok influencer. His name is Sesar Guestalloom had nearly six hundred thousand followers.
Speaker 1: Was doing a.
Speaker 3: Comedic routine in front of a KFC when he was targeted and murdered on the live stream just a few feet away from the prosecutor's office there in that area of Mexico. And Mexico Security Cabinet wrote that it is yes investigating the why behind this and they believe that he had some posts which may have referred to a faction of a criminal group yes, we're talking about cartels, but they are now investigating. Mexico's president said that they are working to try and determine who is responsible, to identify the killers, to identify the mastermind. But we know this is a very complicated situation in Mexico, and this is certainly not an isolated event.
Speaker 2: It's weird Rovia. It was last year the young lady that was really shocking. She's in a salon. Was she working or a customer at the time.
Speaker 3: She was at a beauty salon where she was live streaming on TikTok, So it was my understanding that she was a customer there.
Speaker 2: I haven't just I don't know why that detail got to me that moment, but she was the same thing. She was on a live stream and her followers saw her shot.
Speaker 3: And killed twenty three years old beauty influencer at a beauty salon in a very similar area of Mexico.
Speaker 2: Marquez is her name, but Robes I was like, wait a minute, the number of influencers killed, not just in Mexico, in this state alone in Mexico. I was shocked to see this.
Speaker 3: Yes, at least is the way they put it, So there could be more, which is a little frightening, But at least twelve twelve social media influencers have been murdered in that particular state. And they say this all happened when two factions of this cartel began their battle in September of twenty twenty four, and so somehow, some way, these social media influencers are literally being caught in the crosshairs of these two fighting factions. And to think that a dozen influencers in a little more than a year have died in this very particular area of Mexico, that is dionne frightening.
Speaker 2: They say they're getting caught up robes in propaganda. There is another war. Yes that car tells wage that they are pretty damn good at and propaganda now and they know how important messaging is online in that space, and that is where they are now living and eliminating threats to their image or their.
Speaker 1: Messaging, instilling fear and.
Speaker 2: Yes, to get other people to do some of their messaging for them. There's another that says it's happening so much a money laundering scheme that they pressure some of these influencers into some kind of way making their I guess it's online money in some way to some kind of way launder dirty money. Bro. It's I guess we should understand and shouldn't be surprised by this, but this is shocking to see what happened to him. It's shocking that something like that rose unbeknownst to followers, could just happen. You could be doing some people now you can choose to look at it or not a lot other people just watching him have fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had no idea.
Speaker 3: Obviously, no one had any idea about what was going to happen. And now I think it's it's sickening to know that it's still up. I just think on the heels of Perez Hilton too. Just this is We've had a very disturbing twenty four hours of social media, a very disturbing twenty four hours of live streaming to be specific, where people have seen things they didn't want to see.
Speaker 2: And they choose to take that down there.
Speaker 1: I believe, so.
Speaker 3: I would think, I don't, I mean X, it is up on X. I mean we just checked and this all comes on the heels. Remember it was it earlier this week or last week I brought up to you. I thought, look, is this a story worth pursuing because I saw a headline fourteen mayors have been murdered in Mexico in that same period of time. So you've got a dozen social media influencers murdered. You have at least fourteen mayors murdered in Mexico since October of twenty twenty four, so that same period of time when that cartel all battle began. And just to get your head around the violence in Mexico since two thousand and six, over the last twenty years, one hundred mayors have been killed in Mexico. I just imagine that being applied in just a smaller number in this country.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's unthinkable the violence.
Speaker 3: And now, yes, this has got to affect tourism, This has got to affect people's decisions about where they're going to vacation. You and I both love Mexico, and I actually immediately when I saw this particular area where you've had all this violence targeting influencers, mayors, anyone who goes against these cartels or if there's an opportunity to yes, make a mark or show your strength, it's just beyond frightening. But it's you know, it's it's a seven hour drive from Portaviarta.
Speaker 2: This is which is not immune as we know, absolutely not recently.
Speaker 3: Yes, because we had left that area of Mexico, and I believe it was a matter of three four days later. You couldn't even drive down the roads that we had traveled up and down multiple times the week before. This is scary stuff, This is real stuff, and I feel so sick for these young social media folks down there. Twenty three was the young ladies age Valentine No, what was her name, Valeria Valeria Marquez? Correct, she was twenty three and Sezar was twenty five. Are they thinking this through? Are they realizing and recognizing that by live streaming, you are literally telling everyone exactly where you are, and you're giving them an opportunity to have a worldwide audience.
Speaker 1: That is frightening.
Speaker 2: That's something nothing here in the US anybody would ever think to have to worry about, right, I think to have to worry about. Well, yeah, folks wanted to give you that update, but the hunt is on for these two. We did see her in mentioning Valerie Marquez. They did catch that killer very recently last week, so it's very possible ropes that and rest could be made. We just wanted to hop on and give you the update. Breaking story uh still, but as always, we appreciate you spending a little time with us.
Speaker 1: I'm t J.
Speaker 2: Holmes On behalf of my dear Amy Robot. We'll talk to y'all soon.
Speaker 1: M hm hm