Speaker 1: Yama is expected to sign a five year, two hundred and fifty two million dollar extension with the Spurs this summer's summer per Bobbie Marx.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. I thought he'll get about four. He can't get this is his first match. Yeah, I know, next one, yeah, will be about six hundred and oh, it'll be over four for sure.
Speaker 3: Wait, hold on with the next one.
Speaker 2: How old is he? How is he like twenty two? Yeah, that's it. Yeah, yeah, So by the time he signed his next one, he's gonna be right with Macdad in his prime, probably about so that they'll do it with another two years.
Speaker 4: So yeah, in three years, he'll be back at the table again.
Speaker 2: He'll probably in three years, Unkie think he'll have an MVP on this belt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, oh yeah, serious, serious, it'll be him and probably Shave Yokic's gonna be in it every year because because his game is not physically demanding and you won't see any deterioration, so he'll be giving. He'll still give you twenty three twenty four thirteen assists in eleven twelve rebounds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree, I agree. He's gonna be in the player as long as he wants to will start to come on. Add man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I could, I could definitely see because you see what you call him, Shae. This was second Shade's second max. He got a what he get two ninety four?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Hey that boy he filthy over there.
Speaker 3: So boy, nasty boy.
Speaker 1: What's the ash? What's the max that Yogi can get when he signs this summer? Because you know you already what you already got three hundred million dollar contracts JB and J T one of the three h six the other than three fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm saying, how old is Yoga's thirty? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yo, like probably you have thirty one thirty two. But he gonna get that mad they still yeah still.
Speaker 3: Hey they're not They're not gonna play with him.
Speaker 2: Hell no, no, look a because because then they half for O Joe. They owe it to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you gotta realize, oh Joe, he's still averaging the triple double.
Speaker 2: And one title.
Speaker 3: Hey Joe, Joe.
Speaker 5: I mean maybe maybe maybe in basketball is different, but you know, once you hit them thirties, they start they start playing games.
Speaker 3: But you man, when it comes when it comes time.
Speaker 2: To table see Oh no, it's like that. In basketball.
Speaker 1: Jokic will get fifty nine next season, sixty two the option year, but waiting waiting this year, he's gonna renegotiate. He's eligible for a four year two ninety three, which is seventy a year.
Speaker 2: M damn boy, got that big farm back home.
Speaker 1: He you care about the moors? They ask him, asked, you said you rather win? You'd rather win what the m v T or have your whore his wind the race? He's like horses win the race.
Speaker 2: Oh man gotta love it. Yeah, yo kid, uh he just actually he ain't. They already want the chance, said he thy birthday to day, his birthday to day. He just heard his birthday today. He third thirty one today.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's averaging twenty nine points, twelve rebounds, eleven assists.
Speaker 2: You know what that means? On yojo? Yeah, what's the what's that truck they bring? Bring? Hey?
Speaker 1: That that's the brink when when they come out, when the guard get out there with that thing on his hip, there you go.
Speaker 2: On his hip.
Speaker 1: He already got hey, but they got two guys. They got two guys with him and got the driver and two guys with him Jalen Johnson over the last six games, Oh Joe, Joe, thirty two points, ten rebounds, five assists, nineteen thirteen to nine, thirty one points, nine rebounds, eight assists, twenty two points, sixteen rebounds, fifteen a sis, twenty nine points, eleven rebounds, eleven assists, thirty three points, twelve rebounds, ten assists.
Speaker 2: Uh, that is.
Speaker 1: Why Trey Young is in the nation's capital, which is DC.
Speaker 3: I got I got to go see this, man, I got.
Speaker 2: And I got it, and well we just popped filling to night. Yeah. Yeah, the boy had thirty two, ten and five tonight. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, Joe, I'm coming to Atlanta next week.
Speaker 2: Man, I got to see this, all right, let me in, let me Lena, make sure, make sure, I gotta. Let me look at the schedule to see what game we're gonna go to. What you want to see? It ain't gonna be nothing but a highlight highlight real, that's what you're talking about. What it cost a highlight factor?
Speaker 5: Listen, I'm trying. I'm trying to understand. As great as Trey Young was, as exciting as he was in Atlanta, they let him go. And I keep hearing Jayen Jayalen Johnson is Jayleen Johnson that I need to see in person for myself what young Bully is all about.
Speaker 2: Joe he nice o. Joe, he got he got it every he got everything. He can. He can post up, he can get to the bucket, he can shoot the three, he can shoot the MIDI he got ice. So give you at work. You're me and then guess what he getting the paint on you? You been not jump you're me. That's totally.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's normal.
Speaker 2: That getting to the money. But Joe, all things. Everybody's gonna take a good big man over a good little man. And if you talk about great great, it's hard. He eat a whole lot of a whole lot of great players small people.
Speaker 4: When we say guard that you take over great?
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, and that that's you know what, that's a great that's I like that scenario. You just said, who's a small person. Regardless of how good of Jayalen Johnson, there is are anyone else six five enough, who's the small guard that you would take over any of the big big men.
Speaker 2: About the history of today's.
Speaker 3: In today's game, it got it.
Speaker 1: Somebody come on, no, not no small, no you're talking about six five or below.
Speaker 2: I'm not. I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm not taking Shane, he's six seven. I'm not taking him over yr Kich.
Speaker 3: You crazy, God damn.
Speaker 1: The only two, the only two really right small guard that you can see them small guards. I mean because when you really think about it, only two small guards have ever won.
Speaker 2: An NBA title or letter team. That's Isaiah and Steph. Only two small guards.
Speaker 1: When we're talking about six three and under right, Magic is a guard, but Magic was six nine, Shae is sixty seven. When you talk about small guards, is Isaiah and and and and and and Steph Curry.
Speaker 4: Jordan was a big guard. Kobe is a big guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're not taking No, you're not taking no small guy over, no big guy over the big.
Speaker 2: Well, the average NBA height is six seven average. That's the average NBA. That's why, look, Ojo, if you're a small dude playing this game, and you play for an extended period of time, bro, oh my god, oh man, you got to be different.
Speaker 1: Because even even though think about it, when Jordan came out, they took two bigs over him. They took a lively one and and saying boie over Jordan.
Speaker 3: You know what, you know, it's funny. If they could do it again, I bet it would be.
Speaker 2: Reversed in that time out to be maybe in today's game.
Speaker 1: But you think about it, you think about the big you think about Shaq, you think about Kareem, you think about Will, You think about Russell, you think about Duncan, you think about Robinson? You not taking You're not at that time. You're not taking no small guy with those guys. Hell nah, in today's game, the way the game is opened up, you would consider it. But all things being equal, yeah, I don't know if you're taking a I don't know if if Kareem was coming out, nor what Kareem did in college, he would He lost one game in college. He's a three time champion, a three times most outstanding player, and his freshman year freshman couldn't play back then his freshman team beat U C l A that had just won the national championship.
Speaker 5: You know what, that's that's crazy, that that's that's so damn near demoralizing too, Uncle, I mean, Joe, now that y'all said that, right, So basically, if you have aspirations for going to the NBA and you not six seven.
Speaker 1: Better, You better be Man, You better be Steph Curry. You better have some extraordinary talent. Steph Current is shooting, and Man had elite athleticism and he's turned himself and now he could shoot the ball at left the league in three point shots three pointers made last year. So unless you're Donovan Mitchell or a ant man that's streaming left and left athleticism, or Steph Curry, who's the greatest shooter ever, Yeah, it become very very difficult on Joe.
Speaker 3: That's hard.
Speaker 2: It is, bro it is hard. It is.
Speaker 5: And I'm assuming if you six seven below you got to play a butter rim.
Speaker 2: No, no, you ain't got to play Jay Brunson. You don't play a butter rim. Hey look at Yoki. Yeah, he's seven.
Speaker 4: He does, he does, he does.
Speaker 1: And I think that's why people say it's gonna be hard for Jalen Brunson because as a de fact though leader of the team for a small garbage out, there's been so few.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, hey, you know what now you're speaking on Jalen Brunson. Detroit got that number. Uh, they make work. When Detroit played the Knicks, they made Jalen Brunton work. I'm talking about from the tip from in line to inline. Bro. I noticed that. You know, they put that Thompson kid on them. He just wear him down. They trying.
Speaker 4: You got to man, you got to well, I gotta make I gotta.
Speaker 1: Make it as as as uh as tough as possible. See the thing is, and people try that with Steph, but Steph Russell down much. He's gonna run your five streams. He's gonna run you into a fire hydrant, a part called and a fire truck.
Speaker 2: And he don't need but a split, like a split. Yeah, Liz think it it's cash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So yeah, it's it's in that game for like I'm talking about like leaders of the team.
Speaker 2: Isaiah was the leader.
Speaker 1: Of of of the of the Pistons. Steph is the leader was the leader of the of the So yeah, it's it's it's hard. It ain't been a whole ain't been a whole lot of small guys that as the leader have won a championship.
Speaker 2: You're right right.
Speaker 1: Adam self informed the league thirty general managers today that the NBA players to make anti tanking rule changes for next season. Stakeholders have intensified dialogue about combating tanking. According to Shams, multiple sources with knowledge of Thursdays in GM meeting as well as late January Competition Committee meeting told ESPN that the following concepts have been discussed to curb tanking. First, first round picks can be protected only the top four or the top hold on or top fourteen plus lottery odds freeze at the trade deadline or a later date. No longer allowing team to pick a top four in consecutive years or after consecutive bottom three finishes. So I like that teams can't pick top four a year after making conference finals. Lottery odds are allocated based on two year record. Lottery extended to include all playing teams, flatten odds for all lottery teams.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, y'all thought they weren't gonna get a hold of this. Y'all thought they were gonna let this tank and just go on. No sun. Some Way, somehow, they gonna find a way to put their imprint on this to where it can stop affecting the game.
Speaker 1: That should be hell, I mean thinking about Cleveland was taking way back. When they get Kyrie in two years later, they get the other guy in a year later, to.
Speaker 2: Get Andrew Wiggins.
Speaker 1: How you get three double one overall picks in the four years, man, Joe, I don't know that's why you got.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be repercussions to all that for you to be bad for those consecutive years like that, Man, you shouldn't get rewarded. You shouldn't keep betting rewarded with number one picks after number one picks where you ain't even trying. I ain't even trying to win. At least, that's what I'm saying. I said, at least, foolers, make a thank you trying to win. How you got the league?
Speaker 1: You got the lead going into the four a quarter and then you don't play your starters no more?
Speaker 4: Come on, now, come on, Joe.
Speaker 2: Hey, they they probably they were trying not to make it too.
Speaker 1: It was yes, Tilly was doing the same thing. Remember trust the process, Remember trust the process.
Speaker 2: Joe, Yeah, yeah, yeah, the process too.
Speaker 1: Number one overall pick, they got Ben Simmons, number one overall pick.
Speaker 2: They got Joel Embiid.
Speaker 1: Joel would have been a number on number one overall pick had his back not been messed.
Speaker 2: Up, right, righte Hey, man, only gonna get you so far. It's only gonna get you so far. I'm glad they putting these these stipulations in because we I'm tired of looking at bad Basketballoe.
Speaker 1: Before we go to the next topic, the chat requested a video of the best of the best people Chat moments from our bowling out there with further ado.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, you no, no, oh no. Look, why ain't coming down here to flame with y'all?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: You know what night camp? But this the ice hod takeover. Man, this why he's like kicking some ass. Boy. Ain't nothing like y'all going, y'all go here, you'll.
Speaker 4: Go here already already know you ain't getting there.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: I noticed that the lane, the lane is Yeah, it's lopsiding to the right.
Speaker 2: You see how that thing kind of it looks like it's going that way that morning? Yeah, yeah, yeah, the lane.
Speaker 3: Look it got to be lopsided a little bit.
Speaker 2: Now. No, that's the little fan I put on it, Yeah, little being I put on as you when the next time my mom with the boys again the nine camp, when we oh have mercy.
Speaker 3: Well, here he's feeling itself.
Speaker 6: Boy, take him around here, take it, he said, turn me into a maniac.
Speaker 2: Crazy.
Speaker 5: What he's showing out, o Joe, he's showing out.
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, boy, ain't laughed that hard long time, fella. I'm telling you, I ain't laugh there. And I watched that boy, I was in tail coming to me.
Speaker 3: Hey, and you better you.
Speaker 5: I hope you enjoyed that laugh because it ain't gonna be like that no more. Next time you get out there. Broo, he is the head that where is the crown?
Speaker 2: Fella?
Speaker 3: I understand, I understand. Hey, listen, he even Rome failed. Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's okay, fall It's okay, Yeah, it's okay. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, boy, this Joe head he just missed. Hey, he requested. We ain't never requested, no video nothing. This man got the video that you chat requested videos. Hey, shout out to the people chat. Hey, ain't so love y'all. Hey, I appreciate it. I know I got a lot of responsibility. The boys gonna be at my neck. But don't worry. I promise you. I promise you hold it down.
Speaker 3: You hear me, Hey, keep that keep that same energy now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: The second most requested video was the progression of me protecting my muscles and throwing like a softball take a look at this man.
Speaker 3: Oh oh what right to the left?
Speaker 2: Oh, there you go here he saw that thing.
Speaker 7: It's uh okay, man, may you I didn't touch you.
Speaker 1: I might have been up there doing what I was doing, but I didn't touch you. Get get get a man some grades.
Speaker 2: Man. The game. The game was out of reachion. It wasn't like y'all, you know what I mean, Get a man some grade. He just having a little fun. Yeah, he wasn't nothing y'all could have done.
Speaker 3: You see how you Hey, listen, I'm listening to him. I hear him loud and clear.
Speaker 2: It's hey, look, it's like being in class. You Hey, you know the bell about to get ready, of rings and look you already prepared. Soon the bell ring, you gone right out the door. It was over with. It was over with.
Speaker 1: For anybody in the chat that haven't seen the full episode, you can catch it. We dropped it on Tuesday, but go catch the full episode. There's some great clips in there, great moments. Uh as you could tell the guy that's gloating with the with the crowd or clearly he won.
Speaker 5: Hey, you got to understand why he's so happy, you know, you know he talking trash to us. He's used to competing, but he's not used to winning.
Speaker 3: We used to win it.
Speaker 2: What listen, listen, guys, ojoe, this comes from the people. Man, y'all get you know what I take? This is I take. I take the blunt, you know what I mean? A drawback, But this is what the people want, the people. Won't they annoying to me? As the people chap Man, I'm in front of everybody. I'm in front of the world night cap, letting y'all know. Man, I will not let y'all down.
Speaker 5: Yeah, boy, And you're gonna have to back.
Speaker 2: All this.
Speaker 1: Last fish, your tall lass k fish.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do we got don't don't let this how you fool you? All right?
Speaker 4: You end up been in the mudhole. You ain't been down there, caught no pig.
Speaker 2: Hey. Look, I grew up in the neighborhood called fish Damn. It's called damn at the end because we have a damn or body of water. Right. I'm just letting, I'm just I'm saying for the people in the chat who probably didn't know, I grew up in Fushdawn on the east side of the Little Rock, Arkansas. Man, all we did was fish me, my homeboy b G the green Woods vault Man. Look all we did with fish Man. I'm up doing this all right, Okay, yeah, say less man. Look, let me tell you something. It ain't too much that I can't do. I ain't trying. I'm just I'm just gonna keep it one hundred with y'all.
Speaker 3: He talking, spicy boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they coming the people, baby Joe. Here's a topic for you, man.
Speaker 1: Cannall City head coach Bill self spoke about Darren Peterson unexpectedly checking your himself out of the game after playing eighteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen to what head coach Bill self had to say.
Speaker 7: It's just that fast.
Speaker 8: Well, we've had it more than a couple of times, and and uh uh I didn't anticipate that tonight at all.
Speaker 2: I thought he was good to go.
Speaker 8: Uh but obviously we only got eighteen insund of him.
Speaker 2: And uh uh.
Speaker 8: You know that's disappointing because he could have had a really big night. But but you know one thing about it is we we've it's happened often enough that our guys have learned to play without him, even though that's not the way we want to play. But that's certainly, uh uh, something that we're not unaccustomed to, you know.
Speaker 2: Right now, Joe.
Speaker 1: Scouts, an executive around the NBA, have concerns and questions about Darren Peterson's mentality and availability. According to Sean Farnham, Joe gonna be the No. One overall pick because he has the ability, but there are some concerns.
Speaker 2: There are some major major red flags. I agree, and like, like we always say, if you limp into the pros, you know what it's gonna be like once you get into the pros. Because oo, he's had he's had games to where he's been unbelievable in first half. This ain't that. Ain't the first time he took itself out played, No, No, So yeah, I think it's definitely a concern that if I'm an NBA scout, does he have talent Number one talent? Yes, he does. He can play, I give him all that. Like the way he moves on the court, the way he gets to his spots, the way he shoots over the defense, make tough, he's a tough shot maker. Yes, he'll be a hell of a pro if he can stay healthy. But man, they feel the they that's a gamble that these execs gonna have to taste and paying you, paying you millions, paying you top dollar for the number one pick. I think it's gonna be hard for him to be the number one teak because it's so like I say, this draft is so deep, you got so much great talent that yeah, his draft star could drop for sure. For sure.
Speaker 1: I agree, there's too there's just too many incidences. There's too many incidences where we've seen things like this happen.
Speaker 4: You hear the reports, and you don't want to believe the reports.
Speaker 1: But I mean, am I gonna believe my my, my lion eyes? I mean, I don't get it. He checked himself out of the game, and after he made and after the coach says, our gut the kind of getting kind of gotten used to playing without him because he's done this on multiple occasions.
Speaker 2: This is crazy. Yeah, And when your head coach comes out and says that, you know, it's kind of baffling to him. It's like, like he said, man, he would have had a hell of a game. He only played eighteen minutes head twenty points, like the kid especially, But man, can you imagine if you can't make it through a thirty game season. How in the hell you're gonna make it through an eighty two game season. It's not possible. And when and you know what, you know, the discouraging thing is he got a great body. He looks great, he looks like here in good shape. He's a great athlete. You can tell by by the way he moves. And it's like, how did he just keep shutting himself down like that? What is it? I don't know. I don't know. I don't I don't know it.
Speaker 1: Because if you don't have it in you, they can't pay you enough money to develop it. There you go, there you go. Money just money makes you more of what you already are. Fear that money exacerbates whatever problem you have. If you cannot maintain your weight in college with no money, imagine when you can go get you can call it called uber East, or go to a steakhouse and eat whatever you want. If you exhibit this type of behavior, I just don't get this young man. He has an opportunity to set his family up for years and for fifty years, one hundred years.
Speaker 2: I don't I mean the people that are around him, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if his parents, his grandparents, his handlers, his manager, his agent.
Speaker 2: Are there not.
Speaker 1: Anyone around him that can get in touch with him and say, son, do you understand what you're doing?
Speaker 2: That what you're jeopardizing? Is there not anyone around him? There's gotta be, man, it's gotta be somebody in his ear because these guys are getting paid too much money nowadays. This ain't just regular college basketball no more. This is a professional sport. He's already a professional. Yes, so I'm sure he has a team that's around him now. I don't know if they're telling him what he needed to hear, but this is definitely gonna hurt his draft draft stock man. I mean, it's just it's too many talented guys. Yeah, they're coming out of coming out of college.
Speaker 4: Got the bombs up.
Speaker 1: You got Cameron Boozer, you got the Caleb Willis Lyne of the kid that you talk about a cuff.
Speaker 2: You've seen, you ain't coming. Last night he was smoking. He was smoking. Look, we only had we only had seven guys last night against Alabama in Alabama, seven guys and we went there win the double overtime. Oh Joe, you went that duke?
Speaker 3: Huh yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh Lord, this man with doukie to come right back on here?
Speaker 2: What I'm supposed to do?
Speaker 3: I had usually I had to do number two?
Speaker 2: You wash your hands, bro?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Joe, you see me with my.
Speaker 2: Bought them up back? You know, Chat, I'm sorry, Chat.
Speaker 1: I want to apologize Joe and I Joe and I want to apologize with Oh Joe, this man with it came back on the show, Lord, have mercy.
Speaker 3: What what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 2: Damn? What you what you had to eat? Bro? You ate something for you got on here? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, right right before you know. I had to have my soul food to have my soul food spot me my soul food spot.
Speaker 3: Yams, mac and cheese, greens. And I think it's it's the coffee. I had a coffee.
Speaker 2: You said, Yams, macon, cheese green. What kind of yeah, uh huh? What kind of protein you have, cigar? You ain't had no protein with your yams, mac and cheese and greens.
Speaker 3: I mean I had had chicken, okay, yeah, I had.
Speaker 2: Had get my three legs okay, okay, yeah, you're checking on you make sure you're right. I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 5: I mean, Joe, look at me Joe, I see you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as long as you know in that paint, just wait, you would have waited for it.
Speaker 4: I don't know how this man. Just go duke and come back and get on the show. You're sitting.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's it's a part of life. I mean, we we all got to do it. I just like it was a little turtle head.
Speaker 2: Right there all right now, and that's enough.
Speaker 1: I'm just said, Joe, this bad Go duke and come right back on the show and just sit down and just start talking Togein.
Speaker 3: Are you are you? Are you?
Speaker 1: Baby white stove love? Uh, let's look at it. They look at because right now, o Joe. They got Joe. They got Darren Peterson is the number one on the big board. They got Cameron Brewdy too. They got aj De Bonds of three, they got Caleb Wilson four, they got Kingston Flemings five, Michael Brown, Junior, Keaton Wagler, Nate Amit, Darius A Cuff and Brailn Mullins.
Speaker 4: Those are the top ten.
Speaker 2: And hey, hey, just the other day, you ain't have a Cuff in the top ten. You had him in like fourteen.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, Darius a Cuff. That's the one from Arkansas.
Speaker 2: Huh yeah, boy, you seen him getting money? Oh Joe, hey boy, he hey.
Speaker 1: Joe, Ben, you're gonna keep the conversation. We ain't gonna talk to dookie boy.
Speaker 2: Come home. Man.
Speaker 4: Ain't chance. That's a new name hashtag dookie boy.
Speaker 3: Hey, don't do me like that, man, right.
Speaker 1: Joe, Jodan Man, come out there with paper tax right back down like bro, like we don't know.
Speaker 4: You've been going for like six minutes.
Speaker 3: No, it was too No, I got it. I got it up out of it. I got it up out of that quick up.
Speaker 5: Alright, lord, come on, come on, come on, Joe, come on, Joe.
Speaker 3: Don't do me like that.
Speaker 2: I got you. I got you.
Speaker 3: Try, I'm trying to be professional.
Speaker 2: Job. I got you, I got you. I got you.
Speaker 1: Indiana lawmakers in the State House Ways and Means Committee unanimously approved an amendment to the Indiana State Bill twenty seven by voters twenty four to nothing that would clear the path for the Bears to build a stadium and Hammond, Indiana.
Speaker 4: The Bears promised two billion.
Speaker 1: For a new stadium, but saw eight hundred and fifty million in public funding for surrounding infrastructure, while also trying to negotiate down their property taxes. O Jo, Indiana Governor ain't playing. Can you imagine the players really leaving Chicago? Damn Chicago, Illinois. Yeah, listen.
Speaker 5: Then the funny thing about it is when you think about him going down to Indiana. If I'm not mistaken, if my mask hurved me correctly, the drive ain't nothing but thirty goddamn minutes. They not going that far.
Speaker 1: Obviously they put what if they put the Dolphins in Alabama? In Alabama, that'll make that.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 5: But I'm saying the drive based on where they are now to where they would have to go, it ain't nothing but a thirty minute drive.
Speaker 3: Now I could be oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, I understand, I understand. Listen.
Speaker 5: They I don't know why they would want to if you need to do any renovations the Soldier Field, which I think you've already done.
Speaker 3: Man, Hey, what don't put a dog right there?
Speaker 1: Is that they won't these They won't tax pail dollars to build them a stadium, and then they ran and they get all the revenue that said stadium generates.
Speaker 2: Mmm, how's that?
Speaker 1: How how is that fair to the taxpayers y'all be billionaires. The people should not that their tax dollars should not go to fund you. You see, that's why the chief left. Chief left Missouri with the Kansas, right, and we see this, come on, they gotta come on.
Speaker 2: Stall it out, y'all.
Speaker 1: Family worth sixteen seventeen twenty some billion dollars and then you're taking a billion two billion dollars from taxpayers to build a stadium, to deepen your pockets even more.
Speaker 5: Hold on and you understand, you know, in order to reach that level of wealth, Joe, and you got to be shrewder in order to attain that kind of wealth. These are the type of games you have to play like.
Speaker 3: You got to do this. You got to be able to use the.
Speaker 5: People to be able to get what you want, because if you use your own money, there's no way you'd be being in it.
Speaker 2: Leverage.
Speaker 1: Everything is about it's about debt. Yeah, and then you write it down. But I mean, look and I understand, and I understand, but it don't benefit the taxpayers. They don't get nothing out of this. And guess what, every year of them ticket prices go up. Every year the concession goes up. So let me get this straight. You want to tax me, I help you. Basically, our fund a two and a half billion dollar stadium. So the ticket price, schools or concession goes up, parking goes up, pairing f nail your goals up.
Speaker 2: What is in it for me?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you get to root for your favorite team. Man, get the f out of here. Now, what they did do is that it for Chicago. So because Chicago come back, say okay, yeah, y'all, see y'all, see y'all would really leave because at first they had built they had uh thought about putting something out of Arlington.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Then they're like, you know what, let's really put the pressure on them.
Speaker 2: See Missouri. Missouri is like, nah, y'all do it all, y'all.
Speaker 1: Yoah. They said, Okay, we're gonna go across, We're gonna go We're gonna go down the road there.
Speaker 2: They ain't gonna let them Bears get out of Chicago. But it's just I think I don't see it. I know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't think so either, Joe.
Speaker 1: But it's the fact that they but they hold you hostage. Yeah, I'm saying, oh, yeah, they gonna do that, got you at gunpoint, give me everything that you get. Hey, give me your watch, give me your necklace, get butt naked, and that's basically what they got him. They got him at gunpoint.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was crazy, man. It's hard out here, man, you know. Goodness mm hmm.
Speaker 1: But oh well, New Raven life if the coordinated, uh, the Klan, the clan. Doyle emphasized the importance of offseason workout. He didn't sing like any player, but probably didn't need to. We would expect players to be here, and certainly it is voluntary. But if you want to say that you're going to win a championship, you want to say that you have championship standards. Those are the goals, those are the expectations. Certainly, that's going to take work, that's going to take collaboration, and that's going to take the beginning of building of a relationship with their coaches and other players, starting the next regime on the right foot.
Speaker 4: O Cho, Yes, you're talking to.
Speaker 5: I think he's talking to everybody, because I think the conversation with with what's just on the name that looked like yeah, Bashadi and Bashadi and Lamar had already had that conversation about him being there in the off season, taking taking part in the off season.
Speaker 3: So we already know he gonna show up.
Speaker 5: Now I think he wants to make sure everyone else is onto.
Speaker 4: You know, he's not talking to but one person. Everybody else go.
Speaker 1: Which guy hasn't been there seven of the last off seasons, last seven of the late off seasons.
Speaker 2: Which guy hadn't showed up?
Speaker 3: Time out? Time out? We talked about. We talk about the DECORDA.
Speaker 4: Were talking about the officsive coordinator.
Speaker 5: The offensive coordinator ain't calling out motherfucker Lamar Jackson. I can tell you that, Okay, I get I guarantee.
Speaker 9: You that, No, he didn't call it new offensive coordinator and not calling out the team franchise leader after you already had a conversation with them, with the.
Speaker 3: Same one who is up for contract extensions. He's not calling.
Speaker 2: Just let me finish, Let me finish, let me finish.
Speaker 5: You are not going to be the new office of coordinator and come in talking ship already and pissed the man off.
Speaker 3: Now you're starting a relationship off on the wrong guy. Damn foot.
Speaker 5: He not talking to Lamar talking about he talking to everybody.
Speaker 2: He talking to everybody.
Speaker 1: Which guy has not been participating in the voluntary ot as the last seven of the eight years.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean Lamar has it, and I'm sure other people have it as well.
Speaker 4: Oh Joe, what do you think about that? Joe?
Speaker 1: So because now you're saying everybody is just as important as Lamar. But go ahead, o Joe, go ahead, finish off.
Speaker 2: Listen. I'm catching I'm catching up. I'm picking up what y'all putting down.
Speaker 5: You mean, I mean, I understand what you mean you're saying.
Speaker 2: You're saying this to You're saying this the offensive coordinator Lamar. You know they talking about Lamar. What you do is that you talk. You know who he's talking to. There's a lot of times that they would not would talk. They would talk.
Speaker 1: They talking to the best player, but they're not act there you go indirectly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I guarantee you. I guarantee he not.
Speaker 5: I guarantee you because all it's gonna do is pissol Joe.
Speaker 2: What you mean, why is gonnas?
Speaker 5: You're not for you, not foring to get no new job and to get out here talking trash.
Speaker 2: Like that, hitting my line.
Speaker 3: If you need me there, I don't need you.
Speaker 2: Why do you say I gotta tell you, I need you there. Hold on, no, if he ain't been there the past seven eight years talking to thank you. I appreciate that. Thank you. That's what I needed you. We're talking to him.
Speaker 5: I guarantee you that, Joe. Guarantee Joe, Hey, you know what, I guarantee you not talking to him.
Speaker 2: I did that, Joe, because put a name on it.
Speaker 1: Hold on, put a name on it, put a name on it.
Speaker 5: Because what's gonna happen is what's going to happen is is you're gonna piss him off.
Speaker 3: And this all this new coordinator that's coming in trying to what what what what?
Speaker 8: What? What?
Speaker 3: President is he trying to say? Hold on, hold on?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: President? Let me finish?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: President?
Speaker 5: Are you setting calling out the starting fucking quarterback publicly?
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 3: That's stupid.
Speaker 1: We would expect players to be here, and certainly it is voluntary. But if you want to say that you're going to win a championship, you say you want to have championship standards and those are your goals, your expectation, certainly that's gonna take some work and it's going to take collaboration. So is the offensive coordinator collaborating with the defensive Is he coordinating with the if he coordinating.
Speaker 2: With the wide receivers, the offensive line? Who is he in caaboration with O Joe? You don't supposed to be a lawyer, right, I could have been. I could have been one too.
Speaker 5: And I guarantee he ain't talking to him. Guarantee that, And I guarantee he don't show up.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: You want to hold on, You want to get a new job, You want to be goddamn spode. He's trying to show off because you got a new jobs. Off the coordinator and you call not your starting court, your starting franchise quarterback. I guarantee you won't show up just to show you. But you don't do nothing like that coming in as a new coach, you don't do that.
Speaker 2: You don't call, you don't call. That is dumb.
Speaker 3: It's stupid. It's dumb and and stupid. Why would you piss off your quarterback with a message like that?
Speaker 2: What sense does that make?
Speaker 4: What you missing the point? Let me ask you this, There.
Speaker 2: Is no point.
Speaker 3: If you want Lamar to show up, you text Lamar.
Speaker 2: I want you If this is what you're trying to.
Speaker 5: Do, everybody. Everything he just said publicly. He could have said that to Lamorrow. If you want Lamar to show up, what are you proving saying it publicly? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Who is it gonna piss off?
Speaker 2: I'll I remember, tell me who's it gonna piss off? Oh?
Speaker 1: I remember a guy saying he wanted to win a championship more than anything. But I need to call you and ask you to show up. Interesting, So you go.
Speaker 5: So you go out publicly, and you get a new job, and you call out the franchise quarterback.
Speaker 3: That's gonna work out? Real fucking well.
Speaker 1: Okay, come on, I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 4: Hold On, I'm trying to figure out. Let's go back.
Speaker 1: Let's go back and see what quarterback has won a championship that didn't participate in O t as all those years except the last three years of Tom.
Speaker 5: Hold On, you think, my mom my poet, So you think calling out your franchise quarterback is gonna get you to the championship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's real, that's real.
Speaker 4: Smart.
Speaker 3: Good job, good job, offers the coordinator.
Speaker 4: Let's called out the franchise quarterbacks?
Speaker 2: Question.
Speaker 4: You think Sam Donald participated in OTA last year?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you think Drake may participated in OTA's last year? Tell me the quarterback that you don't think participated in O ta' don't Joe?
Speaker 3: What does that have to do with what we'll be talking about?
Speaker 2: So you so you so?
Speaker 5: In other words, you just again, I'm I'm I'm gonna say it on all the time because somebody it seemed to be going in one ear and out the other. So calling out your franchise quarterback is the way to go about doing things when you wanted to show up the OTA?
Speaker 2: Is that what you said? He didn't sing a lot nobody.
Speaker 5: And you said he's talking to Lamar Jackson, the person that hadn't showed up. So is that the way to go about doing it? Calling out your franchise quarterback publicly? How is that supposed to help anything outside of just pissing him off?
Speaker 2: Whoa, whoa, whoa. I tell you what.
Speaker 1: He gonna be more pissed if he go another year and don't get to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Mhm.
Speaker 4: The criticism is gonna grow louder.
Speaker 2: And louder and louder and louder.
Speaker 5: Okay, I got a question. He shows up the ots and they'll make and they will go to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Then what O Joe, we had this conversation, working hard and this is a new umb this is a new system. He's been in that system before. Oh Joe, Come on, what is it that you don't understand?
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, you don't call.
Speaker 3: Out your fucking pranctice calling back.
Speaker 2: Talking to him. You you weren't talking to him. No matter what, you don't do it, You don't do it. You hold on, hold on.
Speaker 1: You know that did Belichick Calledlabrady? Did Belichick calllab Brady?
Speaker 2: You talk about it? They won six super Bowls? And there the five super Bowls. He called out Tom Brady who won fixed Super Bowls. Win. But you mean to tell me Lamar Jackson can't get called out? So you really comparing to Mark Jackson.
Speaker 4: That's what I'm asking you're doing, That's what I'm asking you. That's the point.
Speaker 2: Now listen, let me finish.
Speaker 5: The new officer coinator, who I don't even evering know, calls out the franchise quarterback and you're comparing.
Speaker 2: That to what with Tom Brady and Bill Bell. Let's take that in. Are you serious asking you? Are you serious? Guy?
Speaker 1: That a guy that won six super bowls got called out. But a guy that hadn't been to the super Bowl, he can't get he's above reproach.
Speaker 3: You know what, I don't worry about it.
Speaker 5: Okay, I said we we What we're not gonna do is we're not gonna have common since here because calling the rule number one. Now listen, listen to me called the rule number one. You never chastised your quarterback. That is the only coach, the only coach that has ever called.
Speaker 3: Quarter back he can let me finish, he can do hi.
Speaker 5: They had that relationship, relationship, have relationship, let me finish. They had the relationship to set the tone for everybody else, to let everybody else know it's an even playing field here.
Speaker 1: That's how you set the tone. Not how you thank you, O Joe. You see, Joe, what I do?
Speaker 2: You see? How I want? You want to trap? You set the tone? But what trap? They won four five super Bowls?
Speaker 3: They haven't what your question I'm trying to question.
Speaker 4: It's not the same question.
Speaker 1: So do you think coach Belachick called Tom Brady out before or after.
Speaker 2: He won a Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: They had already know.
Speaker 2: They did not stop it, O Joe. They had on what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I was told I was told that he called him out from the beginning. So Tom Brady has never been above reproach. Go ask the other guys that played on the team. Why are we talking about the Patriots.
Speaker 5: We're talking about the Baltimore Ravens and a new officer cording that calling out his franchise quarterback publicly.
Speaker 4: You said, is that that's how you set the tone?
Speaker 1: Coach Belichick was sitting a tone, But now you don't want this coach to sit the tone?
Speaker 3: What what tone are you sating?
Speaker 2: Pissed off? Why are you pissing him off? He just asked, if you want to win, you got standards, You got to do things a certain way.
Speaker 5: You could text me that. If you're talking to him, what sense you're making? What are you trying to prove saying it publicly? If you want Lamar there, you text Lamar and tell him I would like you here for the off season because we haven't.
Speaker 2: We haven't. Joe, your coach ever called.
Speaker 1: They wanted you to be somewhere, Joe, or you just did the right thing because you knew what was it was important?
Speaker 5: Are you saying so now it's the now it's the right thing. It's just whatever he what else is voluntary being great? That's voluntary in the joke. Go ahead, Joe, hold on, sol the Markin not great.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna let Joe not great. You're not gonna let Joe talk.
Speaker 2: La Martin's not great. That you not great, Joe.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna let the man talk.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, go ahead, Joe. Yeah, Yeah. Hey, Look, anytime you have something, volunteer and you show up. Obviously, you know, coaches appreciate that. But not only that, like if he've been doing the same thing over the past seven eight years. Oh Joe, I think coach is trying to send a message, bro, like, in order for us to reach something that we've never had before, obviously we got to do something we've never done or hadn't been doing. That's all I'm saying. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And you know what, I hope for the coach's sake since he's sett in the goddamn tone and goddamn uh.
Speaker 3: In February, I hope they I hope they end up in would have goddamn Super Bowl next year in La.
Speaker 5: I hope the Ravens and goddamn LA next year, since he want to come out, since he want to come out and be big and big, badass.
Speaker 3: Instead of just texting him, I would like you to be here for the off season program.
Speaker 2: I would have.
Speaker 1: Thought that, you know, because it's reported now, I don't know if it's true that that Lamar was a part of the hiring process now, I don't know with the head coach now, I don't know if he's a part of the hiring process with the offensive coordinator.
Speaker 2: But normally, normally, normally, normally.
Speaker 1: When you have a new staff, even though it's voluntary, you show up because of the importance of it. It's a new system, both offensively and defensively. And your best player, he says, the tone for everyone else. If you're bet player is there, everybody else will feel obligated in come and you get a head start on things.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, Hey, hey, trying to develop that chemistry and connuity early. Because it's a new system.
Speaker 1: We've been I've been through this with Wade Phillips, have been through it with uh Uh. Mike came there and then when officer, when I went to Baltimore with a new system, So I went for the OTAs even though I didn't do a whole lot, but I was. I thought it was important for my presence to be there.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, o Joe, you ain't never had the Swiss systems like that. I'll see him.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, but I mean I was. I was always the off season program.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, dang oh, y'all, man, you got all set with your man day.
Speaker 3: Man, you got any coaches coming here talking all that shit?
Speaker 5: Man green a man who you supposed to be trying to trying to trying to prove something, trying to show off, like you come in like you're running something.
Speaker 3: Man, Just text me, peanut, head head coach, man trying to show off. He's trying to.
Speaker 2: Show up, trying to show off, started.
Speaker 3: Trying to show off. Man, all that man, all that sudden necessary? Man, text me, you want me? You want to see me?
Speaker 4: You're about to lose your voice for what?
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, come on, uncle, look at that. That's hold on, hold on, hold on, no, no, no, you know I like when we get into it like that a long.
Speaker 1: Time if the chap I don't know, Man, this man be calling me. I want to argue tonight for what.
Speaker 2: This mad text me? I want to argue tonight.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I'm just saying I'm just as as a players as a player, like, I mean, it's just unnecessary. You know, you're a new coach, you're coming in. I understand you want to set the tone. You you want to you want to establish yourself as the officer coordinator. But there's no need to say what you said publicly. You know that conversation is something that's to be had with Lamar Jackson. When you say something like that to the player that hasn't been there, you know, seven of the last eight years, I mean, why are you even calling me out? You know, you know how you already know how players are and if it's any player, you know, when you hear a coach say that, well god damn, you could have just you could have hit the line, you know, Like I mean, I just think it's green. No, no disrespect the coach man like you, the.
Speaker 1: Man you talk about you, I'm not I'm not really talking to him.
Speaker 3: I'm just reverencing his act and what he said publicly. That's all. I'm sorry. I apologize, Chadam, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Got me Hey, you got me worked up? Joe, Joe, I ain't never get I don't never get like this, Joe.
Speaker 2: My mad blood pressure up. Hide everything.
Speaker 3: I'm sweating. Man, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Hey, remember the lad the last time men uncle would like this.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 3: We were talking about boots and boots. And remember we were talking about boots and he was telling me to pick between.
Speaker 2: One of the other.
Speaker 5: Boy, Joe bootsing uh, Terrence Crawford talk about you you gave.
Speaker 3: He was telling me you got to pick one.
Speaker 2: Of the other. Hey, either, Hey boots call I like boots.
Speaker 3: Joe, Hey, Joe, boy. We were going at it.
Speaker 2: Boy, Look, that was a long it was a long time ago that he.
Speaker 1: Gets passionate about. He just gloss over. But once I see what I know, would get my point. Okay, go ahead, I thought you were done. You got another point to make.
Speaker 3: Bye bad by bad Okay, I'm I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: I just think that I just think the thing is is that.
Speaker 1: If, if what was reported is true, that the kind of the relationship with monk and and Lamar had kind of deteriorated, I think he's gonna look at this as a breath of fresh air. Give him an opportunity to get there. Because no matter what you think, especially when you're dealing with Lamar. He's the table setter, he's the guy that everybody's looking to. And when he's there, all is right in the world in Baltimore, in Raven Country, Raven's flock. All is right when your when your franchise quarterback is there. Mhm like, Okay, we're gonna be all right, We're gonna be all right.
Speaker 3: Hey Joe.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 5: When Lamar Jackson won those two m v ps. He wasn't there in the off season, well, the.
Speaker 2: First one he was. He was, he was there. He he ain't he up? Is he up? Is he up for? Yes? Oh?
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody no being up?
Speaker 5: He's he's he's getting his contract done this all season, redoing.
Speaker 4: It for everybody, was doing it.
Speaker 1: His cap number too high, You got you gotta lower that cap number, and you gotta take care of it because he's outperformed the contract that he signed, and normally quarterbacks when you outperformed the contract, he's, uh, you know, he's willing his way to be in the best the best player right now.
Speaker 2: I still think that's right.
Speaker 4: But I think when hey.
Speaker 3: Joe, you heard that, you heard what I just said, The best player, he outperformed least. You know what he out performance contract. You know, he wasn't in the off season program last yeither.
Speaker 1: And guess what he wasn't in off in the off season. He wasn't super Bowl either. I'm just saying, I know a saying you know this now he was her quarterbacks say this matter? Super Bowl matters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know you.
Speaker 1: Can say, well he did this, he did that. Super Bowl matter. Lamar Jackson gets a super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a rap.
Speaker 5: That monkey, that monkey off his back. He can he can play the rest of his career and cruise.
Speaker 2: He gets to the.
Speaker 4: Super Bowl, he might win another two m vps.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because now because there is because he wanted Oh man, you ever wanted something so bad? Joe, you want that bag? Oh Joe, you know you want this thing so bad? Yeah, and you're so close. And it seems like as the time goes back, you know, having a conversation with Johnny's like, man, he went to the last super Bowl in eighty nine and then we didn't go make it like damn, because you think about it, he went to three in his first six years, first seven years, he goes to three super Bowls. He didn't win him, and then there was a stretch, so we don't go in ninety ninety one, ninety two, ninety three, ninety four, ninety five, so that's six years. He had never gone that long without reaching the Super Bowl. So as time start, you like, damn, Danny Marino goes into second year. O Joe, he played sixteen years, So for the next fourteen years he never goes back, and then ruck you like, damn, am I ever gonna get this opportunity again?
Speaker 2: He just needs he gets one.
Speaker 1: I feel if he gets one, he'll win two more MVPs because now he really gets to play free, He really gets to play loose. I think, you know, look and he's a phenomenal talent. But when you get those early I mean, look at Brady Brady playing with house money, myhome boy playing with house money.
Speaker 4: You get those early? What how you what what you're gonna say?
Speaker 1: Mahome boy got three in his first nine years, first eight years as a starter, he's gone to five. Brady in his first his first five years, he had three super Bowl two m vps. I'm free, y'all can't tell me nothing, mhm. I just think the thing is is that I just I just I just want him to get there. I just want him to get to I wanted to see Lamar Jackson on the biggest stage. We've all, for the most part, we've always seen our greatest quarterbacks be at l Way, Marino, Chilly, uh farv Rogers, Brady, Montana, uh Manning. We've seen our best on that biggest stage. Now, they didn't always win on Joe, but we've seen them on that stage. We got to see Lamar on that stage. M just one time, just where he, like Luther Vandros said, if only for one night, for one night, if only for one night, I got to see that man on the stage. I got to see him. I would love to see Hey, if I don't see him in La Hell, I go see him in Atlanta. Hey, I might have to go see him in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's special. He's special. I wouldn't see him in that big game. Took Oo. I'm gonna see him show up and show out.
Speaker 1: Let me think about it, Oh, Joe, we don have seen party in the Super Bowl. I mean we've seen some quarter I mean we've seen some quarterbacks that not nearly as talented as Lamar. He too talent not to get there at least once. I don't know what's gonna happen, but I want to see him get there, and then I'll say, hey, whatever happens after that, he was phenomenal in a best stuff blah blah, whatever the case may be. But I just need to see him one time in the big dance. I see him in the Big daday you got there?
Speaker 2: Go his way? But oh well, damn man, man, I want to see damn call. You don't know what.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, Joe, I'm gonna be honest with you. It's a good chance the Cowboys can be the boy you know how?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you play mad.
Speaker 2: Come on, come on, I'm gonna tell you if you're mad, I wouldn't. I ain't saying nothing about your Bengals. I ain't even got on you. You see how you are?
Speaker 3: Oh no, don't get on us.
Speaker 2: Why you're gonna get on ours.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, if you want to see the Cowboys in them, you know, in the Super Bowl, I mean, just play Madden.
Speaker 2: There. You see what I'm saying. Okay, Okay, no disrespect, yeah, all disrespect.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it's declar, declar Delan What you talk about Doyle decland decland Doyle, decland Doyle. So I guess when is when is the March? What It's got to be free agency, so it's got to be one of that April. The first one mini camp is OTAs in April, because you know what the new system till you get three get three.
Speaker 3: Three three three minicamps. Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 8: What.
Speaker 2: Did you say? Ask?
Speaker 4: Do we know when it is.
Speaker 3: Where the off season program start in April? Or is the March?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Mm hmm mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, winning draft in May, last week in April?
Speaker 2: What is it ash?
Speaker 4: Last weekend April?
Speaker 3: Where the draft at this year?
Speaker 2: Pittsburgh? So m hmm.
Speaker 1: But you did you have a workout bonus incentive workout bonus in your contract?
Speaker 2: Oh Joe? Yeah, well what was that? So what you had to do? O Joe?
Speaker 4: Workout?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Thirteen weeks?
Speaker 5: I mean I would make it all of anyway. I mean, you know, honestly, if I didn't have that incentive, I still would have been. I would have been there any way to work out with Carson.
Speaker 1: You know why I didn't come because they know I like to work out. See if they know you like to do something with Yoe. Guess what. They don't incentivize it people that they don't like to work out. They put one hundred thousand, quarter of a million, five hundred thousand in their contract. They want to give me fifty dollars a day.
Speaker 3: Oh it was it was a nice, It was a nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had teammates, they had one hundred and fifty two hundred and fifty, five hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: But Joe, yeah, man, five hundreds.
Speaker 1: Man, we can't give him that. He loved the workout, so we just way money.
Speaker 3: Right, that was fun, but you.
Speaker 1: Know, Mike, and Mike told him. Mike says, I don't want I don't want Shannon here. Shannon cannot get in shape eighty four cannot get in shape doing our thing like he can get in shape doing his own. But I don't trust y'all like I trust him. Right, So I was, hey, I was out of there. Hey, y'all, let me know what. Hey, when the camps, I come to that camp. You know, we had a three day camp and then we had you know, you have a three day camp, many camp.
Speaker 4: Oh your then you have a week mini camp.
Speaker 1: So you come in you get what Thursday, Friday, Saturday, you up out of their Saturday afternoon or whenever you leave, and then you have that week. You come in on a Monday, and you know, if everything go good, they'll let you off Thursday at noon.
Speaker 2: Yeah boom, Yeah, So that's a am O Choe.
Speaker 1: The Kansas City Chiefs restructured Patrick Holme contract this week, lowering his cap number from seventy eight point two million to thirty four point sixty five million for the upcoming season, creating forty three.
Speaker 4: And a half million dollar cap space.
Speaker 1: I think they do that with Chris Jones also, I'm not I would not be surprised O Joe if they didn't trade McDuffie.
Speaker 5: And get to get the get the value for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's easy. Definitely gonna be a hot commodity.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you saw, but did you see that they're speculating that demsel Warden might be a post June first casually.
Speaker 2: Hey, so what you what you think Kansas City need?
Speaker 4: Oh, they need wide receivers. They need a wide receiver. They need a.
Speaker 3: Somebody to pay a damn running back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey, if Kansas City had a running back, Joe, like somebody that's I'm not just talking about a running b I'm talking about running back.
Speaker 2: All you do is they have a Javonte Williams.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying you need a Derrick Henry or Jonathan Taylor or James Cook or say, just a guy that can give them eleven hundred yards.
Speaker 2: That's all they needed. Yeah, and at some point, I mean.
Speaker 3: I want I want I want him, I want them. I'm just saying I want him.
Speaker 5: But I would love for them to have a game changer though, somebody like a Jamal Charles once again, that can hit his head off the gold post from any that it opens up everything else for everybody else, especially Mahomes in that offense, because they really haven't had anything like that. It's more of a you know, dink and dunk two three yars here and Mahomes having to be superman all the goddamn time. Give me someone that takes the pressure off the passing game and the goddamn quarterback for a change.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is on Tue.
Speaker 1: You know what happens is that when you get a guy like a Patrick Mahomes, you're like, man, we don't will we We just we need our average to below average guy and he'll make him.
Speaker 4: Great, right. Yeah, I mean, and that's how they did Brady. I mean, with the exception of what.
Speaker 1: Cory Dillon, they wasn't really trying to give him, No do I mean they getting guys off the trap heat, the trash heat.
Speaker 4: They you know, they go get Legarrett Blunt after Tampa let him go, and yeah.
Speaker 1: Corey Belichick say, you know what a guy that can run with power, you know, and can grind out the clockt we got a close game.
Speaker 2: But when you have.
Speaker 1: They don't really be trying to help you whole, but especially the running back position.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But but I like this movie.
Speaker 1: I think Chris Jones is gonna be gonna save them some money. Me personally, I would try to move Caloptus. Yeah, kind of money that you paid them on your.
Speaker 5: Okay Oka to me hold on, hey, listen, you said something that that almostly disturbed a little bit.
Speaker 3: You think Denzel Award gonna be gone?
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think he is. But that's why I mean. I saw I read a report that somebody reported that Hell no, I don't look he probably like, yeah, let me go because that contract I was the highest paid I was the highest paid for like a day looking at all the guys that's done pass me. So I'm not so sure he would be disappointed because he would be moved to the front of the line as far as.
Speaker 3: Highest paid exactly, exactly, definitely.
Speaker 1: But but seven eight to thirty four. And so you do, Chris Jones. You you restructured Chris Jones. They're gonna go them Lineman juwan uh the right tackle.
Speaker 3: He gone, yeah, he got it, Joe Joe Tuney.
Speaker 1: Remember they traded him cho Yeah, Creed Humphre will be back. I like the left tackle that you know he has. I like I like Creed humph for the center, the left tackle Simmons that they got. He's gonna be really good. He's coming off in a c l A play with young boy. I like him obviously, Trey Trey Smith. We had him on at nightcap of Radio Row. He'll be back. He's a premier left right guard. But they they gotta they gotta do. They gotta do a better job. They gotta do a better job protecting the home because he's coming off of serious injury.
Speaker 2: O Joe.
Speaker 4: The last thing, you can't let him get hit like he got hit over the last three years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a cl and so canna be hard to come back, and he wouldn't. I mean, he could scooter a little bit, but with an ACL tear, it's gonna be tough.
Speaker 4: And but the thing is, you know what, O Joe, if you remember, they don't they don't let him.
Speaker 1: Remember he hurt his knee doing the quarterbacks Nick and Denver, He's never run a quarterback into like to hist's like a conventional now.
Speaker 2: He's right, or they take the run and they boot or something like that, but just running to the pile.
Speaker 4: He's never done that again. Yeah, same thing with Peyton Manning.
Speaker 1: You remember, ever since Peyton Maneing hurt his neck, they never quarterbacks neck.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Florida Senate passed the Teddy Bridgewater Act. The Bridge would allow middle school and high school coaches to use up to fifteen thousand dollars of their own funds to support student athletes with food, transportation, and recovery services.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: It's dope, that's live.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know why they would ever have a problem with that in the first place. That never made sense to me.
Speaker 3: Man, it was ridiculous, especially it was ridiculous.
Speaker 5: What happened at Miami Northwestern man Teddy, you know, being able to help those kids man with with rides and food and and and close and that was that was crazy.
Speaker 2: They won a championship too. Then there with Joe, yeah, his first year back, and they lost it.
Speaker 1: They lost They lost the reins or reboll this year in the championship game in Jacksonville. Mm hmm, all right, it's time for our final segment of the eating. It's type of q at a uh Ojo you want to saying, huh oh, don't worry about weint got no s all right, first with super g mister Iso the best athlete of Nightcap and still.
Speaker 2: And still, hey, I appreciate them, y'all got yeah, you all got a chill. This this, this is what the people want. Y'all got a chill, I know.
Speaker 3: But sometimes the people sometimes people they don't Joe, man.
Speaker 4: Come on, you don't need to do that.
Speaker 2: Hey, look from what they I see. Okay, oh Joe, they was like.
Speaker 5: Whoa.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 3: They just they just said you the best athlete on Nightcap And that's not true, Joe.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe. What the people saying? Baby, we can't we have to set our differences the next time I see y'all. But for right now, this is this is where we're at.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna let You're gonna let you have your mon it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you having, thank you, thank you, Lee based king o Jo behind us, be all the bruised up from the bat b t A key puts old bill.
Speaker 2: Boy, Hey hey yeah yeah, hey hey hey.
Speaker 1: I told y'all chat basket with with your boy. Eric George scott Io is a cuff the truth. I like Fleming personally. I like Fleming too.
Speaker 2: I like a cuff uh Man, just from watching him player obviously, if you've seen the game last night, he had forty nine o joe in double overtime in Alabama we only had seven players. Bro. He put the team on his back, like I think with the explosion that he plays with the way he get guys involved. And for me, the most impressive thing is how you shoot the three. He's shooting the three ball with great regularity, and uh he just looked unstoppable every time he touched the ball. It's like something good happens. Even if he don't score, he gets an assist. Well, he set somebody up that says another person or whether it's the hockey assists. To me, I think he'll top five talent. Like like I say, Man, this draft gonna be GOLDO. It's gonna be some It's gonna be some cats coming out. This got coming out this thing with chips on their shoulders for sure.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, Joey, how old is a young boy that went crazy the other knight for Arkansas?
Speaker 2: How tall is he? He bout six two sixty three? But he got he got that bill on. He got like that little stocky, little stocky. He tough. O Joe, he from Detroit. He tough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I got no chill nightcap outside more like the io bt A Invitational.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hey, listen, y'all can't find Joe man. They ain't know what they were getting into. They ain't know. They ain't They an't let this animat the cage and boy, listen, they can't calm him down.
Speaker 4: They coming, Doctor Frank A.
Speaker 1: Pellamy, Joe, you may not beat in the Basketball Hall of Fame yet, but you're definitely in the ball in Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: Unk and Ojo, what happened?
Speaker 2: He got us? You know? My my, my, my my.
Speaker 1: He'll started acre, but knee started bothering me, and just like I just went down here, went down here.
Speaker 2: Hey, look this all you have to do is just man, I lost to a better player. I did not do I don't feel it's so hard. Don't feel I did that.
Speaker 1: But that time we're gonna go back and I'm gonna have my own ball, my own shoes, because those balls were I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that day I was better than y'all. Okay, you got you better than us that day.
Speaker 3: I mean, hey, Joe, there's nothing you can beat me in. I just never I never bowl before.
Speaker 2: The only thing that's the only thing we did today. That ain't the only thing we did.
Speaker 3: I never played golf before either.
Speaker 2: Have You ain't never threw a frisbee. You ain't never played corn hole. You got a lot of excuses, bro.
Speaker 3: I couldn't have I couldn't afford no frisbee when I was growing up.
Speaker 2: Job man, chill, you got to stop mene cent back in the day at the lot.
Speaker 3: No, I ain't even have ninety nine cent, jo, I ain't even have shoes to go to school, and I wore flip flops. How make it a Frisbee, Joe.
Speaker 1: Saying, what are y'all Scott report on each other? Joe be talking ish Nah No, I see, I had to sit back out. I had to wait month. I had to check out and see what y'all got going. One side says the whole situation. I knew right away. I said, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I got to eat boy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. They be on night Cap, Big Cap and selling Wolf tickets. Ain't nobody buying them because that damn sure ain't buy them.
Speaker 3: I was dress. I wasn't even dress appropriately, so I was dressed for a date.
Speaker 2: That's your foul, bro.
Speaker 5: I was dressed for a date because when we finished, I was going to dinner, so I was. I was kind of uncomfortable. I couldn't I couldn't bowl, I couldn't throw anything right because I was constricted.
Speaker 3: But I got you next time, Chad.
Speaker 2: Don't want to hear all that that I'm trying to tell you. Man, I got my own ball, my own shoes. I'll be right. I would get to hear a warmed up yeah, yeah, yeah, okay. I want you. I want you to remember now, I was only about sixty five percent. I wasn't one hundred percent, fellas I was fifty. Okay, I'm just let y'all know. I want y'all to be with all right, Yeah, don't matter. King paying twenty one isso for another bt A dub. What do the Ravens have to trade to get Crosby? Lamart needs a big wide receiver to throw the ball to his well, not just big tight ends. Likely to the chief I think, like me personally, I like likely to the commanders to give Jalen, to give Jane.
Speaker 4: Daniels a target, Jaden target. I like to see them going to get another receiver.
Speaker 1: Also, they say they want they look, they said, the reports are two first routds and a A player. You know, Chris, I don't know who they are who they got offensively other than Lamar, And you're not getting Lamar, so that's off the table. Uh And plus you take it a quarterback. With that being said, Oh, Jo, who they want on defense? I don't think. I think Kyle Hamilton is off limits to them, but you probably can't have anybody else if you wanted them.
Speaker 4: But I'm not sure the Raiders want anybody else on that defense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I think everybody is off limits except Kyle, But I just don't see the the exchange and value. Well, I mean, how many play how many? How many teams can you trade for where you can get the value equipment to mac Crosby. I mean you you just can't even if you get two first round picks. Though two first round picks might not equate the ma what matc Crosby has been for for you anyway, you never know.
Speaker 3: It's sometimes he's hit him.
Speaker 4: It's what you do with those picks.
Speaker 1: You look at what Seattle did with the picks that they got for Russell Wilson, right Witherspoon, I say they.
Speaker 2: Did okay with that mm hmm. Yes.
Speaker 3: For every situation like.
Speaker 1: That, par laid those draft picks in you say, okay, just how you hit it out the park. You look at what the Houston Texans did with those draft picks they got for Deshaun Watson.
Speaker 4: You say, they hear it out.
Speaker 3: They really got it and that's what matters.
Speaker 2: It does not matter.
Speaker 1: Oh they got three first rounders and they got this. Well, if you miss on all up, what the hell does that mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You got to hope.
Speaker 3: You got to hope they pan out there. You got to hope they it's.
Speaker 1: Madd at twenty two fifteen Chap, What's gonna happen more tonight unk mentioning Clint Koubiak's dad was his O c or Oh Joe shadow boxing All hell King Iso talk little ish.
Speaker 2: Now we're moving on past Hello.
Speaker 4: A tree brown, y'all.
Speaker 1: Y'all gonna get more labs from night Camp outside than a comedy special.
Speaker 4: Great watch appreciate that. See, I'll be trying.
Speaker 2: I be trying.
Speaker 1: I'll be trying to you know what. Oh yo, we just got to go back to being how we were, cause you know, we tried to be chilling. We tried to chill.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was chilling like like I'm not. He just came out of nowhere, just talking trash.
Speaker 2: Oh whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa chilling. This man rolling all on the ground and everything he talking about. He all on the oh oh and all they talking about.
Speaker 1: He was just chilling. I was just laying down my hips and my back was hurting, so I was just laying on the laying on the lane.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, hey, ain't no chilling. Ain't so baby All twenty twenty six is going down tight?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, he that Hey, keep that same energy, keep that same energy.
Speaker 1: Brandon Martinez says, uh, invite someone else to play. Oh, Jo keeps losing. When I lost in all the events that we did.
Speaker 2: Then you lost in both of them. We split.
Speaker 1: I came in second, Joe won. Joe won both rounds. But the first round I came in soccerd you came in last. The next one you came in soccond. I came in last, but.
Speaker 2: You ain't win no event, and two is not a winner, and three nobody remembers.
Speaker 8: We know this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we talked about you.
Speaker 4: First of all, I won two events I did, Joe won three events.
Speaker 2: So Joe won.
Speaker 4: Oh Joe, you didn't even come close to me.
Speaker 2: It was a good sparring match. I appreciate you know the challenge that y'all brung amongst me, like, I appreciate that because they keep me sharp. You know what I'm saying. You make me have to lock in, keep me sharp. I appreciate that. Man. So y'all in hand, I want to give you an uncle hand. Oh YoY out hand right now.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. I appreciate that. Joe, I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Your day cut.
Speaker 3: But I know, I know next time I'm gonna be in my I'm gonna be in my play clothes.
Speaker 1: A big underscore, serge, underscore Brooks. Where's isold Joe's emoji? Use the isol with the crown.
Speaker 2: There? Yeah? Man, come on, man, what's wrong with y'all? Y'all listen when the people annoying you? Bro, you got you. You can't do nothing about that? Come on?
Speaker 1: Uh uh j Buddy five? Who was more dominant? Julius Peppers or Jason Taylor? I didn't play again. I was hold on what year did Pep get into the league? Two thousand and two? One was an old one? He was O two because uh because I think Jack Dale Real was his first O.
Speaker 2: D C.
Speaker 1: Man Pep, I'll probably say, Pep, I ain't ever seen the man that big could move, that that.
Speaker 2: Be that that Jilt Ojo man. That boy was a hell of an athlete. I'm talking about when I used to watch him play for Carolina on the basketball court.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you you you're not gonna see a guy his size you're talking about six six eight five could move moving like that jump could cover backs oude of the backfield run with a tight end up the scene because speed Rush could be in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were different.
Speaker 1: Brandon Martinez fifty six fifty seven, the double Champ does what the f he wants. Somebody give the people what they want. By the OJ's Bryce, these women out here trifling. Damn Brian, what happened? JJ Carver eight? He said, bowl like he's slipping skipping rocks. Look, man, I told you my heips man, but I'm look, I'm going to get them. I'm a knee bother me now. My knee ain't been the same.
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: I got next? Why Prime ain't been on yet?
Speaker 2: This year?
Speaker 1: Prime got a lot going on. Plus he got his sons to worry about. He got his basketball, he got his own show, he got going on. Prime got some stuff going on, man, but we'll see we can get Prime back on here. Terry Bulla said, Hey, night Cap, fam come to Eatonton, Georgia, to the Lake o'coney and get some good fish out there.
Speaker 4: Yes, I know, I'm trying to think.
Speaker 2: What's the Uh they gotta what you call him out there?
Speaker 1: Say they got a four seasons of the rich Carls go out there, you know, Lake o coney and they they bite out there.
Speaker 3: Huh, I don't know what that's a Lake o'conney. Oh okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 1: You know moretor three sector. The franchise quarterback is being paid to handle his scandal?
Speaker 2: What the f I don't get what this?
Speaker 4: Who franchise quarterback handled playing a paid to handle his scandal?
Speaker 2: I don't know where that is.
Speaker 1: Bro mash Burn five twenty five up won, oh Jo won and bowl and finished the series for second place. Now I'm winning finish No second place be nixt Underscore Sports, Detroit Basketball, the Portier Cigars. Yeah, yeah, we're gonna celebrate aaron seed. Should the Miami RedHawks get if they finish undefeated, probably be.
Speaker 4: Probably be a sixth seed? What you thinking, hyper King?
Speaker 1: I got two words for y'all, Detroit basketball.
Speaker 4: Love, Yeah, show Vontae Lewis let them know. And it is ISO team five.
Speaker 2: Or what this whole team? That's the whole team right there? Y'all know what going on?
Speaker 3: You're feeling good?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you see little rock in the building. Stop playing, Joe feeling good?
Speaker 4: Joe, Who's the toughest player you had to guard?
Speaker 2: Oh yo, the toughest player I had to guard? Uh, Man, I'm gonna have to say, uh, the hardest guys like I know obviously Lebron kobe them, but the hardest cast to guard bro with guys like Rip Hamilton reality, because them jokers never stopped like you gotta fight over four five picks before you before you can even contest the shot. And on top of that, this every place, so then you gotta go down and go at them offensively. That's the hardest. That's the hardest thing. Like when I was a rookie coming into the NBA, that was the hardest thing you had to learn. It's called locking trail. You had to learn lock and trail. Your guys stay on his heels. That's the hardest thing by far because you shadow when a dude trying to keep up with him joking and man, that's almost important guard. That's the hardest thing to guard bro, those guys, uh, Rip Hamilton, Rey Allen, Reggie Miller, them guys who never stopped moving. It's the hardest of guard.
Speaker 1: For the number one seed in the in the Eastern Conference with a forty one and thirteen record.
Speaker 4: Y'all know who I am.
Speaker 1: I'm your favorite uncle, my partner and co host that is the Bengal Ring of Fame Arnotere, a former Pro Bowl at an All Pro that is Chad O Josenko Johnson, and the third member of the Big Three that did not stop floating tonight from the University of argusas Little Rock, Arkansas native isold Joe Johnson.
Speaker 2: Joe, thanks for Jordana's mad preach to bank.
Speaker 3: Hey I'm gay un Hey, Joe, I'm going to Raliah tomorrow. What all right, I'm going to Andrea.
Speaker 2: Tell you you told us that you told us that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll come. I come right back Saturday morning. I'm just going to going to Raliah to watch concerts.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you hit that subscribe a button. Please make sure you hit the like button and do us a favorite. Go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you, guys, Thank each and every one of you for your support and you continue support. Those looking to purchase a bottle of Shade by Lapotier, head over to Laportier Kannak dot com to order you a bottle. If you cannot fight any state or city near you. It is the best tasting, smoothest vsl P kanjac on the market. We have the og which is the seven fifty, but now we have the Junior which is the three seventy five. Same great quality, same great taste, the same smoothness. Please drake responsibly and be safe. Thank you guys for joining us. We're off tomorrow night, which is Friday, but we're back Saturday to have the fight. Ryan Garcia takes on Mario Barrios. So thank you guys for joining us. We'll see you on Saturday. Appreciate that. Joe, we'll holler next week.
Speaker 2: Bro. Appreciate that he's a