Speaker 1: All right, Welcome back to Move the Chains episode of the forty nine Ers First and ten podcasts, presented by Cisco. I Am with the People's titand George Kittle. Right after the Niners Solute to Service game, George, you were here with some families, some military families after the game. You started a tradition of hosting military families at Niners games. When did that tradition sort of start and why is it important for you to keep it going.
Speaker 2: I think it started. I'd have to ask my dad, but I appy sure. We started in twenty twenty one, and we've always just wanted to get back to the military. And there was a time where we sent a family to the Super Bowl through the Niners military family that I had met at a recent Pro Bowl, and so we sent them to the Super Bowl, and we're like, hey, let's just kind of keep this thing going. And I think we've sent over We've done over four hundred tickets on the road at home playoffs, and so it's just really fun to be able to go to every community that we play in, to be able to send military members and their families to these games, just because I think football games are just such a fun experience. Kids have so much fun everybody that was watching football, So just trying to give them something fun to do on the weekend, but also show them how much how big Aer fans we are of them and how much we support them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you and the entire Kittle family treat these families to a forty nine Ers experience. What do you think those families take away from it? And what do you take away from these moments?
Speaker 2: You know, for them, all I hope they take away from it is that they have support from everybody in the forty nine Ers organization and every football fan out there supports them, and hope they just have so much fun. What I take away from it is just being able to give back just a little bit, like a football ticket. To me, it's very easy for me to go out there and get that. I can, you know, get tickets for my friends and stuff like that. But to be able to give it to an entire military family, entire platoon, you know, whoever it is, It's it's easy for us to do that and just to show that gratitude and show that support to the military, who, in my opinion, doesn't always get highlighted in the ways that they need to and they need more people to, you know, go out of their way to support them. And so that's all I really care about is just give that extra support. And the fact that my family has my back doing it makes it feel even better.
Speaker 1: Well, George, you are the forty nine ers Flute to Service Award nominee this year, as of many years in this recent history. Tell me what this honor means to you this year especially.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean it's my fourth time being nominated, which is an absolute honor, And like the whole award for the entire league every single year, it's just all these guys, and you know, it's not just the nominees. There's so many players that go above and beyond for the military, like Christi McCaffrey does a ton for the military, a lot of guys in our team, but all over the league. Just a support that you see for the military. It's just so important and the fact that you know, every team does it, it's just awesome because there's so many guys out they're going above and beyond just trying to throw a little bit of support, trying to throw a little bit of gratitude and just showing as much love as they possibly can.
Speaker 1: Well, it's pretty clear that your support for the military is more than just a cause. It's clearly a passion for you. Is there a certain moment where you've realized how impactful you've been to the military community.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know what, I would just say, every family that I meet and meeting their kids and just a smiles on our faces, that means the world to me. And you know, win or lose, getting an opportunity to you know, come visit with them after games, it means a lot to me, just because I have no idea the things that they've gone through in their lives, you know, whether they're on tour, whether they've lost a loved one or something like that. And just five, ten, fifteen minutes of just talking to them about, you know, how they're doing, where they're from, putting a smile on their face. That that warms my heart and you know, I hope it does for other people who do it.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Well, thank you so much George for chatting with me today about your Saluted Service Award nomination. Faithful head over to forty nine ers dot com to vote for George for the Salute to Service Award this year. And we'll catch you next time.
Speaker 2: Thank you. So yeah, all supportive,