Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna and Kevin An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Welcome to You, and That's what you really miss Podcast Beatles Part two.
Speaker 1: Jenna, this is your time, this is your moment in the sun. You have an episode named after you. I know that was huge. You deserve it.
Speaker 2: Thanks, you know. When it showed up on our doorstep, I remember being like drawn to the floor. I was like, what is this?
Speaker 1: Very exciting?
Speaker 2: I was very honored to have a tribute episode as big as the Beatles and have a feature if you will. This is season five episode two, Tina in the Sky with Diamonds.
Speaker 1: That's right. Ugh, it's wild. It's sort of like a Tina's great as hits. It's like they have built up, the writers have built up these things with Tina over four seasons. You're gonna sort of get to go through all of them in this episode. Score to some of the most famous music of all time, right right.
Speaker 2: I have lots of fun memories from this episode and it sticks out much more in my mind than the first one, part one of Fiel's season five episode one.
Speaker 1: This episode originally aired October third, twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: Wrecking Ball was still number one.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank god, I know.
Speaker 2: And there's a different movie, Clottie with a Chance of me Balls the sequel. I haven't seen either.
Speaker 1: I saw the first one. It looks fun.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'll probably revisit this at some point with my kids.
Speaker 1: Kids plural.
Speaker 2: That's terrifying. That means I'm actually old.
Speaker 1: Look on your face, that s just escape your mouth and you didn't know what to do.
Speaker 2: I think it's the first time I've ever heard I said it, and I heard it out loud.
Speaker 1: Why does that feel so real? Like I've seen you pregnant, oh my gosh, physically pregnant a couple of weeks ago. But you were saying kids plural.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like it's like Heather, it's hard to even comprehend that she has two grown kids now, Like it's very weird. Yeah, it's a very hard concept to wrap my head around, like two children.
Speaker 1: I just can't believe it.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway, sorry, wow, oh god.
Speaker 1: I got like nervous. It's not real. It's not real, okay. Glee News.
Speaker 2: This week October first, Glee the complete fourth season was released SUNDYVD, featuring all twenty two episodes of season four on six six discs, remember that.
Speaker 1: Jesus, Oh my god. So this episode was directed and written by the one only Ian Brittan. Here we are again keeping it in the fan. We have an iconic guest star coming on the show. Demi Levado makes her first appearance.
Speaker 2: Well, and also, Kevin, you go way back with Demi, so like, this was something so crazy for you. I know you had mentioned in an episode earlier, like she texted you and was like, I texted her, Oh, you texted her because she.
Speaker 1: Didn't let me know she was meeting with Ryan and Kelly. Being a good friend he is, ratted them out to me.
Speaker 2: Well, she's great in this and I love them together and we love Demi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Demi is great. I've known Demi since she was nine years old, and it was just very surreal to have her around and on set and like get to hang out with her and just be like, Hey, this is my old friend Demi who still live with me when she first came to California and has become a worldwide superstar. Do you remember watching this episode. I remember Demi came to the screening at lunch this episode aired. Yes, oh fun, I don't remember that. I remember looking over at her when Here Comes the Sun was going on, and I was like, oh my, because Demi's vibrato is one of my favorite things in the world. Her voice period, her voice is so dumb, and I just remember, like her verbrado's in like full force and here comes the Sun in all the best ways. I just remembering, Demmy, what is wrong with you that your verbrato is so good? And she was so humble and like no, no, no. I was like, no, girl, yes, this is good. You are so good. So excited for more Demi and a good actor. Oh yeah great. Also her documentary is great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's just like stupidly talented and yeah, and you said that from the beginning, like when you we're like she's people like even she's underrated a little bit, Yeah in some ways, And I think like this was the that's the perfect person to have on this type of show.
Speaker 2: She's like the ultimately guest star ultimate too. Yeah, like really fits the vibe.
Speaker 1: Like watching it, I was like, it feels like she's been there this whole time, hanging out on set. It also is like I know her and Iyad like would absolutely get along. It was like very much like we're gonna have this is a good time. And I think it was a big deal for her to be playing lesbian on TV. They share a kiss in this episode, like it was Yeah, I think it was a really monumental and like lucky for us that she, you know, came on the show. And I don't know how it happened. We have to try to get her on here to ask, like, yeah, synthesis of all of that.
Speaker 2: But another guest star was also Phoebe Stroll who plays Penny Owen, who is a friend of mine who we all did Spring Awakening with. So Phoebe is great. Her dog Penny, who's this cute little Pomeranian who I'm not sure is around anymore. But I thought that was funny that her character name was Penny. It was lovely to have her, and she's great and she was always one of the best actresses in the show in Spring Wakening, so obviously and she did you know, she was in Pitch Perfect and all these great little cameos and things, and she's wonderful, So.
Speaker 1: That was great. It was so cool also to like see her on the show where we met most of all the Spring Awakening people really early on in the process for some reason, right right, Yes, they were around their visiting la I don't know. Yeah, yeah, And so it was really nice because she was just one of the nicest humans.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully we'll get her on the show as well so we can talk about it. I forgot like her. He you know, big relationship with Sam. It's so cute.
Speaker 1: It's so cute and really again, like Corn has chemistry with She's so extremely charming. Yeah, she's and like really good at playing not that bright.
Speaker 2: Yes, totally, and she's very smart, that's the thing. And we also get a lot of Pamela chan this this week is DOTTIEKSATORI who sweet Dottie. I'm so sorry. It just feels so bad. Tina just is a tyrant and treats her like crap.
Speaker 1: It's all right, Dotty gets her revenge this week. She does. She does uh okay. The music in this episode it's good, it's very good. Yeah. We have get Back performed by Curt and Rachel.
Speaker 2: Something performer Sam which you can write her.
Speaker 1: Here Comes the Sun by Danny and Sam, Tanna.
Speaker 2: Sergeant Pepper's the Only Hearts Club band by Jake Marley Ryder and Unique at prom.
Speaker 1: Hey Jude by the new directions and then it beat by the directions as well. Do you remember this is like Thriller two point zero for me? So let it be? Was my audition song for Glee, right, I have a tattooed on my body, simpley. I wasn't really singing in it when we first got the first breakdown of the song, and I was like, excuse me, really, yes, I was like, hey, guys, so I don't know if you remember this, but remember when I sang the song in the audition. It would really be a lot to me. I could just sing something on this song. And so they did me a solid and they threw me. They changed it, okay, And you and I have sung that song many times together events around the world. Yeah, And so that always has like a special place for us and special meaning because we did that song before it was on the show, and it was just like his song is ingrained into like the DNA of the behind the scenes DNA of Glee for us, and like, can can we be on it together? Hey? You guys please?
Speaker 2: And then there's a really a song called Revolution that's performed by Tina, which is another song that she doesn't get to sing the whole thing, and no there was not a full recording, and no I didn't get to do the whole thing.
Speaker 1: And did you hate that? Because as a viewer it was so satisfying.
Speaker 2: I actually didn't care because I had so much else in this episode.
Speaker 1: It felt like a part of the plot.
Speaker 2: It didn't feel like being short getting the short out of the stick again like.
Speaker 1: A whole episode. This is this is a cake.
Speaker 2: I love this and also it's not one of my favorite Beatles songs, to be honest, And I was like great in and out of the studio in probably fifteen minutes. So it was fine. But I appreciate the support it was and I'm glad it was satisfying because it did its job. It had to happen in order for us to get to hey Jude and let that work.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's just there's not a lot of characters who have a running joke, like a standing joke for now five seasons totally, and so it's really nice that they just keep leaning into it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's her thing. Joys will always be her thing, though there's a lot of fun facts. So this is the third time that the second episode of the season is a t the first being Brittany Britney, second being Britney two point oh.
Speaker 1: This is the second time glea hastributed an artist or band twice in separate episodes. The first time was the aforementioned Britney Spears tributes with Brittany Britney and Britney two point zero.
Speaker 2: Of course, this is also the second time the Glee has done two tributes consecutively, the first being Saturday Night Gleaver and Dance with Somebody.
Speaker 1: This episode marks a debut of Jimmy Levado.
Speaker 2: This is a third episode where all the members of New Direction present in the episode have a solo versus the pilot, and the second is Britney two point oh.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow Wow, I love that fun fact. Wow Wow. Much of the confrontation between Kitty and Brie Overtina's campaign for prom queen was loosely paraphrased from a University of Maryland sorority girls real email marant to her sisters about their contact during Greek Week, which went viral after being leaked on social media. What I didn't know that?
Speaker 2: And then Tina's prom queen slushie moment is inspired of course by the nineteen seventy six horror movie Carrie.
Speaker 1: Which just announced is being made into a limited series. Really yeah, Phoebe Stroll, as we said, who plays Penny, wasn't Spring Awakening? Just like Jenna, Leah and Jonathan.
Speaker 2: This is the second prom to have the senior class president as a candidate for prom.
Speaker 1: King. Melissa and Peter Fraschinelli were both in Supergirl on the CW and Kevin.
Speaker 2: Auditioned Forgley with Let it Be, of Course and sings it in this episode after some advocating for himself.
Speaker 1: And it's still it's either my mom or my dad's ring tone. Still, it's really embarrassing.
Speaker 2: You're like you singing it. Yes, my dad does that sometimes. I don't know if he still does. But I'm glad that I don't hear it.
Speaker 1: Oh God, that's so I know. I get it. It's cringe. Okay, are you ready for the submarine? I'm ready. The summary's got longer. As Beatlemania continues at McKinley, it's time for the students to for prom Queen and King. When Tina receives a nomination, she takes on a fierce attitude that's putting it nicely that alienates her biggest supporters. Meanwhile, Rachel adjusts to a new attitude of her own, and she and Santana work at a Broadway diner to make ends meet.
Speaker 2: Also, the fact that everybody still is behind Tina and supportive of her when she's acting like that really says a lot about you guys, because I was like, what is wrong with me?
Speaker 1: I think everybody acknowledges that Tina gets shit on has for a long time. I was like, you know what, just give it to her. The context here makes sense of she's acting in a little wild we get it. We gotta love her. Yeah, this is who she is. If you don't love me at my worst, than he dund and screw off, don't deserve me at my best. So yeah, yeah, for sure. You know all right, where do we be?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Prom is here? Yeah, sue now as interim principal announces they're having a Brundle prom, which the setup of the joke to where people in the choir room are like a couple of things. One, you guys, why are their announcements during Yeah, we're not. It's an after school program we've established, But I don't think they were aware of that anyway, and then the joke of like what the reference was from, like going around in the glee club. It's like, that's been a couple of times now where there's been references to like eighties seventies TV shows or movies, and we have to explain it because the kids, the kids don't get it. Yeah, yeah, for sure, and by kids that mean me silver. Yes. So we get nominees. The prom king nominees are playing Muhammad Omar Aladians Dinner Brett, and prom Queen nominees are Kiddy, Amy Ryan and Jordan Stern and Tina.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, shocker, that's hard to believe that she got the nomination. But okay, maybe Dottie was, you know, fixing the votes. Yeah, yeah, yeah, she's throwing ballots in there. And then last week in Beale's Part one where the boys performed for Tina to like get her out of her bitter, lonely stupor Sam, she picked Sam to go as her prom date and Sam's like, awesome, well, then I have a chance at prom king and I'll go with Tina. And then Tina, which again just acting out of whack, drops Sam as a date and decides to go with a group of single gals to like win over the Wallflower vote. So she's like once again poo pooing on her friends who are supporting her.
Speaker 1: But we do know as an audience viewer audience member that Sam also wished he was going with someone. He actually had to cry Sean because it's his last prom, so we know that he actually was hoping to not go with Tina.
Speaker 2: Right, He's like, I didn't even think she was hot anyway, So like, why am I going with her? I was just really nice. It works out for everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're both being a little awful and that's fine. Yeah whatever, that's gleat. Also, like who are both of you to turn down? You're both hot, Like why are you turning each other down?
Speaker 2: Don't worry, there's an epic hookup that's coming between Tina and Sam that we will talk about. That is the most disgusting thing that Kork still plays to this day in front of my husband. It's disgusting. It's actually disgusting. I was laughing and throwing up through it. It's absolutely jarring. Don't worry, we'll get there.
Speaker 1: Wait, he plays it in front of David No.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's ever played in front of David, but he plays it whenever he gets a chance, like whenever I see him, he like holds it up on his phone like remember this, And of course I brained in my brain forever. Although that was a really fun episode, but that part was gnarly early.
Speaker 1: He sent me, I think at the video of Video Village of like a take of you guys making out, and it was like the gnarliest one was so gross.
Speaker 2: Oh God, Okay, let's talk about Sam for a second.
Speaker 1: Sam is not nominated for prompt King, but was excited because I'm going with someone who's nominated for promp Queen you, but then promptly gets dumped. But then super Vaxer Sue Sylvester, which I felt like knowing what happened in the world shortly after the show was off the air, surprising that Sue was into vaccines because it sort of seems like something she wouldn't be into, and Sam's the first one. She wants everyone to get vaccinated. And Sam goes to the nurse's office and meets Penny Penny Owens, sweet sweet, stupid nurse. She was. She's a college sophomore yeah.
Speaker 2: And she's like an intern exit like just there. And she mixed up the vaccination or the shot and the urine sample, so she shot the eurin in somebody and so it's not been great for her. And you know what, this is the perfect match for Sam.
Speaker 1: It really is. They are like two.
Speaker 2: Meetings of the minds that like make sense. So Sam essentially figures out ways and excuses to go see Penny at all times. Like he bites himself and pretends it's a snake bite and is it you and Blaine that are like, is that a human bite? And then he like what else did he go for his hangnail? To get abandoned for his hangnail? But they're very cute and it's very charming and uh and and Penny gets Penny gets fired by Sue, and so Sam convinces Sue not to fire her.
Speaker 1: My only wish is that we got to work with Phoebe Moore.
Speaker 2: No, I know, I feel like we hung out with her a lot, though, like I remember hanging out with Phoebe on set a lot. Maybe it was like around the prom time, because we did prom for a couple of days. We did prom for a couple of days, And normally with Eric Stultz doing prompt it's usually like one day. But I feel like we did prom for a couple of days this time, don't you agree?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay. There was a lot at problem That's why. Also it wasn't just like it was like a lot at prom.
Speaker 1: And there was a lot of pieces where some of the past proms it's like you film the number, like Sergeant's Sergeant Pepper's on the Heart Club band like that was sort of like traditional prom, like you film a number, but there's like half a number later on here. And then there's all the Phoebean chord stuff and prom king prom queen stuff and the whole setup with the slushy. So there's all these different pieces that are added on that we don't normally have. Yes, And also I think this was Ian's first prom to direct. Yes Yes, which I think there's also like probably some sort of learning curve. There are big days, really big days.
Speaker 2: Eric Stultz was known for like always making his days always like two three takes. Ian was a longer take kind of guy a director. He liked more takes, he liked more options. He also was like giving rewrites and things because he.
Speaker 1: Could, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So it was a little bit of a different vibe. Prom definitely took a little bit longer. I often get Ian for Tina's big episodes. You really do like props.
Speaker 1: Was Ian and this is Ian? It's great.
Speaker 2: I love working with Ian, so of course, like what did I love that?
Speaker 1: I mean? Also like who knows you better than like Brad, Ryan or Ian? Especially Ian, like we hung out again all the time. When you're working with someone like that, is there do you think there's like a subconscious freedom or like trust and knowing like we know him well outside of work and coming into work. He's obviously helped create these characters in the beginning, Like is there a sort of like I don't know, play trust there that you may not have with other directors.
Speaker 2: Yes, inherently, Well, it's different because Eric Stilts, like with the director like Eric Stilts, who becomes familiar, who knows us really well but hasn't written the characters, there's a freedom that you're figuring it out together almost, whereas there's a different kind of freedom with Ian, Brad and Ryan, where like with Ryan's like go to twelve, you go to twelve and you trust him because.
Speaker 1: It's gonna work.
Speaker 2: Right with Ian and Brad, they also know these characters as well as you do, so there's a different kind of It's like it's just gonna work. You have to trust me, and I do. Like, uh, there's a different kind of trust because they know the characters well and sometimes better that you're like, okay, great, like I know it's gonna work.
Speaker 1: Don't work. It's like a different box to play in, Like, yes, it's nice to have parameters, like you know, the confines in which you can play. But yeah, I think you're like working with someone like Stults, there's one box and working with the other three different box but you're still in a box which totally big. It's a big box with a lot of freedom. Yeah, I'm saying boxes like as a compliment, like yes, yes, there is no box. You have no direction, nowhere to go. That's a scary place to be.
Speaker 2: Yes, you don't want no no boundaries and Sam seeing something and it's.
Speaker 1: So good and it's so funny in the spotlight.
Speaker 2: And the Heimlich maneuver, and then also was this this is the episode where Chord does his Denzel impression?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: How is this this one or last episode that it's this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's it is. I forgot about this impression. I did too, because this is not what he does, and it's very good. Often, it's so good.
Speaker 2: And I almost took a screen video of me watching the show to send a chord because it's so good. It's so funny. Why is he so good at that texting?
Speaker 1: Right now?
Speaker 2: It's really good, sweet sweet chord. Gosh, it's such a joy to watch him on screen. And he's so free. If you will, this is our word of the episode. He's very free.
Speaker 1: I noticed that this season, and I don't know if it's because of what's going on in I r L right, but there is this sort of like punchiness to him the past, these first two episodes so far, where like he's really going for it. Yes, and I love it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, no, for sure. And also maybe it's his hair because he's it's growing.
Speaker 1: It works. I like it. I'm into it. Yeah, I'm I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I like his hair shorter, but it's okay, I'll take it. It's going to go away at some point.
Speaker 1: Is this the one?
Speaker 2: Is this the season where he does the Christmas Mouse and that his hair is this long. I think so Christmas Mouse, I think so all these things are like ingrained in my mind's text.
Speaker 1: And he's like, when did you hear it?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you do it on the show. Cord See always have really bad memory. No, he also had to to learn and like come up with so many different impressions. Well, that's one of the funny things he would say, is like they just write in these impressions, but they're not ones that like we're in his bag of tricks necessarily, but like he's still good at it. He still can do them. It's so impressive. I think now I now do impressions like this. It's why I always thought he was gonna end up on SNL at some point, because like, his impressions are so good. But I mean, obviously there's a bigger skill to SNL than just impressions, but some people are just Chord is one of the best impressionists I've ever met. Yeah, and then they dance and it's cute and they're charming at prom and we love them and we.
Speaker 1: Just love Phoebe Stroll and Cordover Street. I do think, you know, we were saying last episode it really felt like the songs were determining everything else. This one feels less like that, Yes, more plot driven, and so like when something comes up, it feels really nice and it feels really sweet that Like, also, how do we feel about a student having a crush on.
Speaker 2: I feel like because she's an intern and she's as almost as young as he is. Like there, she's a sophomore in college and he's a senior in high school.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, and they don't do anything like nefarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, I think it's totally fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because to me, I was like, this works really well. Fine, I'm not sure that's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I didn't. I didn't see any issues with that. All right, So Santana and Rachel are still working at the diner, and now Kurt, oh, I know Kurt Kurt, which I love. I do love it. They're all there.
Speaker 1: You just put them in there, you know, yeah, like why not? And it makes sense too, Like I buy it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the only jobs. You're like, how do you afford the very large permit? And they do.
Speaker 1: Curt and Rachel do get back very cute, nia, very cute, very very cute.
Speaker 2: More importantly, though, there's a there's a love of a budding love story happening at the diner with somebody new. And then there's also Santana's Gotten a commercial.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I had forgotten about this that Sean said it was in this episode. But it's so good though. It's so good. I remember seeing Ian today after they shot it, uh huh and talking to it and he was like, it's so good.
Speaker 2: He showed yes, well, they shot it on the lot, like all the front of her house with the bubbles is actually like on Paramount in the front of the offices, and it is so.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: She can make anything work. She truly makes anything work.
Speaker 1: Like she's almost too good in it.
Speaker 2: It's so funny in the yard and the muffin being like, I like east in my what is at least in my.
Speaker 1: Bagel not in my muffin? And the beating of bagel? Are you kidding? Of the episode?
Speaker 2: I was actually shocked that that made it in.
Speaker 1: It was exactly our brand of humor, like in real life with Ian and everybody, like that was exactly And I think that's also the like the tone of the show when it started like that is sort of like the cutting like yeah, we're gonna say some wild ship on the show, and I just as good as like Nya is at being a dramatic actor. The comedy. The comedy is just as good.
Speaker 2: And it's so unassuming and and she throws it away, but it's so good you can't miss it.
Speaker 1: No, she's perfect the balance of like you're saying these crazy things, but you're not giving into it, like you're not letting the craziness dictate, like look, how crazy I'm being right.
Speaker 2: Right, She's just doing it. Oh God, she's so.
Speaker 1: Good in real life. Do you remember she also had like a proactive commercial and she also had an eminem super Bowl commercial going on, So it was like she had been doing this in real life, getting these endorsement deals and get her on the show. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah exactly, and it was just like, yeah, she's the queen of like walking around and saying and selling.
Speaker 2: And she'll like shamelessly like we'll just do it.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 2: So Santana tells Rachel that she's gotten commercial, and Rachel has assumed that she has not gotten Funny Girl at this point, and so is reading backstage and looking for all these crazy auditions and is is definitely jealous of Santana's U Sister commercial, even though she says she's not, she's very happy. I have to say, like, for how Oh Green and New they are obviously Rachel's very talented and auditioning for Broadway already and getting to final callbacks. Like all the things that she said and named like community theater and like regional theater. I'm like, girl, this is the real life. That's where the difference of Glee came, where like the reality was so detached from what was happening in the industry, because if you read backstage, you're like, people are auditioning out of college for cruise lines, Disney shows, amusement parks, anything to like get equity your equity card, and so she's naming these things and I'm like, girl, you gotta calm down, like this this is actually what you should be auditioning for at this point. But again, it is suspension of disbelief and a satire, so to be fair, but I thought that was funny.
Speaker 1: It's because like all of us believe she's good enough to be doing that as a t but it's like Corl, yeah, come on, and so it's fine.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but then Rachel is like very supportive and see Santana and Danny, who Demi plays, is this like budding romance and Santana is very nervous and we like never hear see her like that, which I kind of love to see this side of her and how like not like insecure she is about it or like flustered she gets and again so good, like I believed her every moment.
Speaker 1: It's the introduction to Danny. I sort of giggled because like this is how they're doing it. It's just a look before a scene even starts. It's just a look between them. I was like, sold, Yeah, how good do you both have to be? Yeah that they sold by the entire basic like courtship and a look. Yep, yep, agreed, And it was just sort of like flabber gas of like oh, Demi just showed up and I was like, I'm going to give you this look.
Speaker 2: Into it so and I feel like I missed it before, like in when it was happening, like I loved Demi and I was so happy to have her on the show, but like I feel like I missed that and I don't know what the fans feel like or you you guys have to tell us like how you feel about the Danny because obviously we know you love Brittany and we know we love Britanna, but like, what a great chemistry these two had together.
Speaker 1: It feels more grown up, It feels different like it. I feel like the relationship between Santanna and Brittany feels like it's very much its own separate entity, where some of the other relationships in the show you sort of feel like there's reboundy things happening a lot of the time, where it's like might be falling into the same pattern. I feel like there's some time Britney and this feels like growth. It feels mature, even that their first lines like Santana and a sort of like softly like making fun of Danny about her name and being a lesbian yeah yeah, yeah yeah, and then her giving it right back yes, and like you said, like to see like Santana sort of be thrown a little bit by somebody else. Yea was really nice. Here Comes the Sun is so good. I was so excited for it. I think it is my single favorite Beatles cover. We do really, yes.
Speaker 2: Not even think it is, No, Yeah, for sure, it's definitely up there for me. And it's it's so calming, Like I felt so calm watching.
Speaker 5: It, really lovely, the tone of it, the whole setup of it is nice, and it's so silly, like waiting for the sun to rise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was so good. It was so sweet and you actually see the sun fill the dying and they go on this like little walk here. I can't down like most other people that would be scorny.
Speaker 2: Yes, and you just rarely get a moment to breathingly like that with a song like that, Like I just felt like, oh, how sweet is this?
Speaker 1: This is so nice. I don't know you, and it still felt all like earned, like it all happened so quickly between the two of them. Yeah, but they were.
Speaker 2: Like walking home together, like that's the way it's you get courted.
Speaker 1: But they're selling everything every moment. They're both just like there in it. And it's like even later on during Let it Be, where Demmy's over at the loft hanging out, she doesn't sing in it, but she's even like right, she's I'm just very very impressed, but yeah, here comes the sun on repeat. Their voices together are a dream. Oh Like, as a fan of both of them just a huge dream to have their voices together on one of my favorite Beatle songs, and it's yeah, yeah, what a beautiful number. Beautiful the arrangement. Shout out to the music department. I'm sorry, but the arrangement of that was so nice. It really was the harmonies, like just you really did it, really really did it.
Speaker 2: And then also Rachel, So Peter Rashally comes back and he tells Rachel that she gets the role, and funny girl, I.
Speaker 1: Had goosebumps watching this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it. I actually forgot what was going to have, so did you. I was thrilled. And then and Santana and gird are there and it's and the Hole diners clapping, and it's very very very cute and very exciting.
Speaker 1: And it also just felt like all those people presumably working there, I want to be on Broadway and so to have her own get something. It's and I have everybody celebrating, and she's like, I can't wait to take this outfit off. It was really really just sweet and really really like I felt as all of us being performers in real life, it's like, oh, yeah we win, so yes we experience that, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: And it's just funny that then she goes on to do it right in real life. It is the perfect it is her role.
Speaker 1: So back at Brundle Bram, Tina.
Speaker 2: Gets is she she went gets it. She wins shockingly, but everybody has supported her. Everybody was going to vote for her except for and Kitty was actually she wanted to take all those posters down.
Speaker 1: It wasn't her who did that. It was Bree.
Speaker 2: Her face on Milivium one's body, and Tina got mad at her and she was like, I didn't do this, I don't even want this. I still support you, And everybody gets medicidie. Tina still wins, and Stone or Brett wins. And there's this whole plot happening behind the scenes where Bree is getting Dottie Kasatori to help her with this.
Speaker 1: Whole what do you call it? Mass this like, well, this is a big scheme. It's yes, thank you. I want to make her win. She needs to win so they can then carry her.
Speaker 2: Right right, and and then Dottie is going to be the one to pull the the slushy and help and they're going to make her a cheerio.
Speaker 1: Because of it.
Speaker 2: Oh, Dottie just gets roped up in the madness.
Speaker 1: It's really funny that bre now has the It's like the reformation of the had Cheerios, where Quinn had crazy monologues and then it became Santana had crazy monologues, and then Kitties had crazy monologues for a full season. Now and now it's Bray and now it's Bree. I guess that one was the Bree one was you know, ripped from that ripped from the headlines. Yeah, which it's crazy. That was crazy.
Speaker 2: Anyway, they're at prom, Tina wins, Dottie pulls the rope, Kitty sees it all happening, and Tina gets slushied and Allah carry and it's red slushy so it looks like blood.
Speaker 1: So can you break down how that felt? How many times you had to do it?
Speaker 2: Okay, we did it twice. We really didn't want to do it again because obviously it's prom makeup, prom hair. It's a really hard reset. Now you have been slushied, I would say, the most other than this bucket of slushy. But it was coming at your face very close and close impact, right.
Speaker 1: So you felt it.
Speaker 2: This came over bird's eye over my head into my dress, down my dress, so my dress was sleeveless and there's like space.
Speaker 1: And so on my head. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And I had to be like just in the right position. And then they actually.
Speaker 1: Just dumped it on me off screen. Yeah, they couldn't take any chances of it. Yeah, and the bucket hitting the target.
Speaker 2: And then I had you know what, that wasn't even the worst part. It was really cold. It was the moments after so because it goes into slow mo, because Brett has to get hit on the head with the bucket because there's this whole heckling thing and airing laughing. I had to stay in it on screen. So usually when you get slushy, right, they slushy you and then they call cut and you have to stay still and they take the picture and then you go and you dry off and either you do it again or you're done this. I had to stay there for like what felt like minutes and also stay in character, and I'm just in shock. My mouth is wide opened, I'm breathing, I'm like, what how do I stay in character? And it wasn't that hard because like, of course you're just covered in cold slash.
Speaker 1: You're like, oh no, I'm actually cold. It's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is awful. This is actually awful. But yeah, we had to do it again, so I had to go and reset you amazing.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think Ian wanted to just get it one more time and murder. It was worse the second time. I remember that, and it was like a lot of slushy.
Speaker 1: It was like a lot. Yeah, I think it was probably more than a half a bucket. Yeah, it was a lot.
Speaker 2: And then they had to recreate it for the choir room, which sucked too. So basically they kept me in it to get into the choir room where we do the scene where she's like I'm going home. So you don't get to just get out of it. You're just sticky and it's late. How did they like readdress you for the choir room scene, the pink dress or the black dress? Like after your slush het getting you like fake slusheet again, how does that they put it on my head? They get actual slushy. Yeah, yeah, and we left a lot of it. I believe we actually moved right after that and went and did the that scene really because it was really late. I remember being there really really late, and it was all like steady and handheld cams.
Speaker 1: Which is faster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think part of it we did, but I do remember them having to refresh it.
Speaker 1: And like putting it.
Speaker 2: They were matching, like the slushy on my face and like down down my nose and down my shirt and like just having to sit there, and I remember being like really miserable, which led to like what I had to do anyway in the scene. So it was fine, but it's so sticky. It was so gross. It was so gross. And that dress is really big, so I don't know if you remember Kevin, but it's like a little dress underneath, and then the big skirt was a velcrow skirt, so I had the skirt on the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had to put it on.
Speaker 2: I'm glad I could take it off in between because it's just it was really heavy. But uh yeah, that part too. So it's just like lugging a dress around incomplete slushy. It was freezing cold, it was sticky, it was nasty. It was so nasty. It's like, even when you get your episode, there's still thrown into a fountain, soaking wet, hitting my head underwater, a getting a bucket of slushy on my head.
Speaker 1: You know what. I think it goes to your point of like all her friends are started putting up with her like wild behavior. Yeah, but it's like, yeah, but the story always gets you back in the end, doesn't it Totally Like no one suffers from instant karma more than Tina. That's so true. It's really bad. It was really bad. She always forgets, she doesn't live and learn, she's just living.
Speaker 2: But the scene when everybody's there and rallies around her, it is so sweet. And I just I remember it being really late and like just wanting to get it done. It was really late. I think it was after Prom, Kevin, because that's crazy. It was like everybody was just like in like a stupor.
Speaker 1: The thing is to the high school where we shot Prom was not far from Paramount. That's why we shot there. It was very close. Actually yeah, but you still have to do a full company move right, Trucks and trucks and trucks of equipment. All of US crew and cast had to be loaded into vans transported back, which takes hours. Disgusting, disgusting, So it's not like you'd got in a van and then you were there in five minutes and started shooting. Right, So if that's what we did, then you were sitting in it for hours. Right, You're right.
Speaker 2: We did have to move, so I couldn't have been it could leant shoot. It was a leanine shoot, that's all I remember.
Speaker 1: But they could have sent part of the crew over to set up totally. That's right, That's right. You know, you could have done that because it was a much smaller you could like b camera go over enough to.
Speaker 2: Do like Dolly's and things like that. But then you do a number. Then we were doing Jude, so there was a changeover at some point. I think maybe it was two days because hey Jude. Also we had to do in the hallway and they had to change Tina and like it just it was like a lot of moving parts to that that choir room scene.
Speaker 1: What a cool number though, I mean obviously, like what an incredible song, and then all of you sounded so good on it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought, I mean, darn sounded great. I thought it was. I thought it was a nice way to do a number, like in different way of like cleaning her up or just just different like vignette of moments and like cleaning Tina up and it's just really sweet. And I I just liked the watching the Glee club come together like that, Yeah, Kitty's redemption arc. Hey, you know she's gotta give it because her dress awful to you and to Tina. But I also shout out to Bechtoven for her scream when she sees the slushy come down on the stage. I cackled. It's very funny. It was very funny.
Speaker 1: It's really conny. The amount of like anticipation it was in slow moved for so long, like that moment takes her so long to put it together on the screen. I just want to yell, come on, go over there and like push her out of the way, right, but then it would have gotten on her anyway.
Speaker 2: That was fun, It was really it was actually like in theory, it was a horrible moment to shoot, but like the whole thing was like, what a nice arc for Tina. And I was so grateful for that episode. I really am, Like, I love props. I think it's one of the most fun episodes we've were done as a whole a group, But like for Tina, this one, I'm just like so grateful for.
Speaker 1: This is more of like a real substantial story for her. Yeah. Yeah, props was like a good bit. Totally, yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: Tita comes out and she she redeems herself and she accept for her queen's status, and then we cut to the whole Rachel Santana thing and then we all do Let It.
Speaker 1: Be, which was really fun. And I'm so glad that you advocated for yourself, that you were able to sing that song, and that we were able to do that together. I was so upset and I would have been really upset if I didn't get to it fair enough. I would have which is so like I'm like, who am I?
Speaker 2: You know, here's the thing that ro When Adam Anders came on the show, he had said, like, you know, part of it was like having to just read the script and guess at your best guess in it, like who fits in that moment? And to be fair, like Artie stuff was more in the part one than Part two of the Beatles, so of course it didn't fully make sense. But they're like, yeah, of course Kevin can sing on this song, Like why wouldn't he sing on the song?
Speaker 1: You know? The music department always had my back like they would they knew what I liked and they would always but the final say wasn't usually up to them, right, and so they would go off of like what Ryan would say or the writers, and so if it didn't really make a difference, like there's some extra verses or ad libs that I can throw me on and like, sure, I have nothing to do with the story. Great, So I love it. You sounded great by the way on all these songs. Oh thanks the voice I don't is saying.
Speaker 2: It's funny because I don't feel like it was more of a singing episode for Tina. I feel like it was more of an acting episode for Tina. You were just doing a lot of everything. Yeah, this is a big episode for two.
Speaker 1: But I think like because the musical numbers were sort of montages, right.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't want to just to sing Beatles songs. There are some tributes that I was like, I would have loved sing a Britney song. I would have loved to sing you know more on But like when you get a Beatles episode, a little loss to complain about.
Speaker 1: Definely, you know, unless you're me and then you complain I only had two songs last tisone. Okay, let's let's that's the episode. That's Tina in the Sky of Diamonds. I liked this episode so much more than last episode. Yeah, I did too, even though I had a lot more last episode.
Speaker 4: I think this episode just was so much better. There's just it was focused. It was a focused episode. Here, let's cread some of the performances, So get back curtain Rachel.
Speaker 2: B plus B plus. Yeah, something Here Comes the Sun A plus plus, A plus plus. Sergeant Pepper's Only Hearts club band very fun, B plus plus, very solid. Those outfits were great. By the way, everybody sounds great. They look like they're having a lot of fun. Yes, shout out to.
Speaker 1: The new kids, minus Kitty, because they haven't had a lot to do these first two episodes, and it's a thankless job as someone. Yeah, we know that, both of us. We know. I know, you just got to do it. Yeah, and like you show up. I mean, obviously that's what you're hired for. You're getting paid to do this. But like you know, you've heard from people we've had on the show where it's like you always felt like, oh, I want to show more of what I can do. And yeah, it's just and they to be fair, at the four they really did, Oh my god. And I feel like they were there, like we were with them the whole old time and like drive my car and like the Carnival and then like day Jude and the whole thing, Like it felt like they were a part of it so much because we were with them so much. They're just so good. I'm just big fans, and I like seeing Alex and listening together and that's and Sergeant Pepper's is just so satisfying.
Speaker 2: Yes, hey, Jude, let it be a yeah, solid solid.
Speaker 1: What was to deal with the costumes and let it be like sixties?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we were going for the sixties look that it was more of the time period than anything.
Speaker 1: Little jarring, was it.
Speaker 2: I kind of loved the way everybody looked.
Speaker 1: I think everybody looked great.
Speaker 6: But yeah, yeah for sure, Yeah, yeah, okay, you're ready for some TARTI takes.
Speaker 1: Let's do it cringe moments. I am Jenna. You refer to Asian just about by every character, but also.
Speaker 2: Free referring to Tina as Kim she.
Speaker 1: Girl.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh it was that whole speech was like there was wild Wilde's bres.
Speaker 1: A little terrifying, so bad. Yeah, that was a lot. Oh wait, speaking of I do want to point out I loved the moment at the end of this episode where Nini coach Ross brings brit into Sue's office, the principal's office, and it's like, look, she did a great, horrible prank, but she does need to be suspended it. Yes, yeah, it's crazy. Also, how Sue refers to her is also just wow.
Speaker 2: Too much, It's all too much just dance move. There wasn't a lot of dancing in this No, there wasn't a lot of dancing Like was.
Speaker 1: Get back like were they sort of like doing? They were moving the most.
Speaker 2: They were moving the most out of all of our our dance our musical members this this episode.
Speaker 1: You know, shout out to the new kids during Sergeant Peppers. Yes, fair enough, that was moving. There might have been loosely in that choreograph, but they were moving. Uh, best song.
Speaker 2: And here comes the Sun, best rids rop the used to stat obviously.
Speaker 1: And the bucket.
Speaker 2: Yeah the bucket, I mean Stone of Brett. I also notable for the prop is her majesty poster board that they that Dottie was wearing. They gave me that. I had that at my.
Speaker 1: House for a while really and then I got rid of it. Jenna, speaking of things we had at our house for a long time. A little bit ago, I went on Elvis Durant show, That's right Morning show, and I don't know you avid listeners out there. We had a giveaway for Snacks miss two years ago, which included a chalkboard with us drawn onto it, and at Elvis Durant show, they reminded me that that was from a Z one hundred event in New York really early on, and they all were like, it got stolen. We don't know where it went. And I was like, we have it. What I was like Fox, They probably didn't realize Fox had probably like asked for it from the radio station they had given it to them, like they remembered it. And they were like, remember that chalkboard I got stolen. I was like, no, it was sitting in my garage for decades. Were they shocked? Yeah, kind of like I know exactly what you're talking about me because Jenna and I were like, we.
Speaker 2: Got to get rid of this. You're like, Jenna, this has got to go that's best line the entire Yeast of Stack commercial. Yes, hands down.
Speaker 1: But particularly what we were saying, is I like yeast in my bagel, not in my muffin. Jenna. That's so good performance, MVP.
Speaker 3: Is you.
Speaker 2: There's no my God about it. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I appreciate it. I would like to give a shot as a little side brushout out to Sam Cord. I thought he was great.
Speaker 1: He was, okay, you ready for ship we found on TikTok. Ready, I did not know this exists. I still don't eat. I need to do some more investigating as someone who grew up playing the Sims, love the Sims. Okay. There was a four minute clip on Gabby Herman twenty one's or Gabby Herman five on TikTok about Glee Sims and it is like all these somebody creates this storylines. It's all of us. This is crazy. They like us. I don't get it. Oh my god. Like I'm very confused about Will Schuster looks like a beautiful lady. I am just so confused. Entirely made up like storylines and songs and things, and this is ridiculous. It's very very weird.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, do more investigating. But Gabby Herman, thank you for posting.
Speaker 1: Was there like a special edition? Was there like an expansion pack for Glee? Like what was the deal? Because they're also like not speaking Similish, the sim language there speaking.
Speaker 2: I don't know about sim life, So you got to figure this out because I don't know.
Speaker 1: I like to talk so much. I I'm just so confused. And I also feel like I missed out on something. Yeah, yeah, I get that. But it's great and I very much enjoyed watching this.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for posting. And that is the end of our Beatles run. And next week we have a special episode. We will not be recapping the Quarterback for some obvious reasons. We will get into it, but we do have an episode for you and it will be special. So I hope you tune in. And that's what we did.
Speaker 1: See you. Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.