Speaker 1: What's that at the bed. It's spooky, Hey jooky. I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming this way.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, I ghost.
Speaker 1: I los nandas Pe. Hey boo, it's me Roz and welcome to Ghosted by Roz Hernandez, the podcast where I talk to people that I like about the paranormal. I want to tell you before we get into this episode. I have been so busy at work trying to pull together a tour where I'm going to be going to gay bars across the country to tell you no ghost related uh jokes. And I'm just like really excited about it because it's opening up all these different markets, you know, places that I've never performed before and in environments that have never had stand up before. So it's just, I don't know, it's really fun. So I'm going to all kinds of places. Are probably the closest to you if you don't live in a big city that I'll ever go or so far, I don't know. I don't know. But if you want to see the full list of all the different dates and I will be you know, adding more as we go on. Those are all at Razhernandez tour dot com. But today on the podcast, now listen. You know, I've talked about this many times. My inboxes are filled with witches and tarot readers and all these different kinds of magical practitioners that want to come on the podcast, and I'm very very careful about doing that and just being completely honest with you. I know I've said this before, but it's just it's just my experience. I often get a lot of drama from listeners of this podcast when I have on people that have their their practice. You know, I'll have people be like, well, this person said this, and then that person said that. So you know, I like to maybe once a year talk to somebody about their practice, somebody that is very dedicated to their practice, and allow them space to share it. And that is what we have done today and it was fascinating. We get into sex magic, which is something that I don't think we've ever talked on this podcast, and it's really exciting. So this particular guest that we have today, she's big on social media. She goes by the hood Witch, and her name is Brie Luna and she has been featured in tons of major publications. She has a book called Blood Sex Magic everyday magic for the modern mystic, and she's also got some ghost stories, so we're going to hear about those and about some of her practice in her history with it, and I'm excited for you to listen. So here is my conversation with Bri Luna on with the show Oh My God. We are joined by Brie Luna the hood Witch. Hi. Hi, how'd you get that name?
Speaker 2: Well? It was originally just an homage to my grandmother's being that I'm black and Mexican. It was like very cheeky but also serious because it was like most of the time, you know, growing up around like local botanicas and having grandmother that practice Hudu, having a grandmother that was practicing Santa Ria, like all of these things, having magic within my blood. I didn't feel like there was a lot of representation for black and brown brujas and witches and magical folks. So I started Hoodwitch and it just a self explanted story from there.
Speaker 1: I love it. Wait, so you had that you had both sides of your family, had you know, spiritual witchcraft practices?
Speaker 2: Yes? Wow, yeah, And it's I feel like it was very under represent it at the time when I launched my website. So honestly, like a lot of it was during the time where there was that American horror story. They had Coven, We had Humbler, So you have all the white witches and like the kind of gothy I always call it, like black and silver. So we didn't have a lot of like colorful like gold and nails and you know what I mean, just like and just having like our our type of like just our cultural representations. So I at the time, you know, when I started Hoodwich, I was like really the only brown and like black woman that would show up to these like spiritual full moon ritual circles, and they're just like, why don't you practice voodoo? You know what I mean, Like they're just kind of looking at me, like why are you here?
Speaker 1: So what is it that you practice? Do you do? You are you specific about a practice or is it a little bit of multiple different practices.
Speaker 2: So I grew up practicing who do so? Whodo is a tradition that is generally passed down to you through blood lineage that was from my dad's mother, and so I you know, as I grew up, I you know, when you're a teenager, I was really gravitating towards the magical side of things. I just thought that my grandmothers who were in their practices were like superstitious and like old fashioned. So I didn't really see them as being like witchy or magical. It just felt like, oh, they're spiritual, they're religious, you know what I mean. I didn't really see it as how popular how we see it now. So for me, I wanted to be you know, I was like alternative. I was like piercings and my hair was pink. So I wanted to like follow like Wicca and like all of which, you know, like I watched the crafts. So to me, it was like the ethereal more like eurocentric magical practices were what was accessible. However, as I grew up, I began to really reconnect back to my own culture and my own you know, family spiritual practices and realizing wow, like you know, this is already something that's within you, that's what's inside of you. So I have grown up. I've learned a lot from many different practitioners throughout my life, and I've hung out no Satanist, I know, you know a lot of which is from like the left hand path, Uh, spiritual practitioners who practice like Vuru, Huru, Santaia, Purnas, you know, all of these things. So I've learned a lot, you know, from just so many different people in my life. But for my own practices, I would say that I am a practitioner of uru. I am a practitioner with using color magic, with using you know, just sort of like infusing my own practice totally.
Speaker 1: I have like a history with witchcraft. I don't know that I practice it. I just know a lot about a lot of different things from mainly from doing this podcast and the people that I've met and listen. There's been a lot of money spent on crystals. There's been a lot of different candles in the house, and a lot of herbs and oils and all of it. But I don't necessarily know that I have like a specific practice. But I don't know. I'm fascinated by all of it.
Speaker 2: You're definitely witchy.
Speaker 1: It's my bangs. I think it's because I have bangs and then people just give me crystals.
Speaker 2: I think that's the best way. I think that you have such a connection already with the other you know, as people saying like paranormal but like with the realm of spirit and energy and how you connect people and gravitate towards the more unknown side of things, right And for me, I've never really called my magic by any names. So I grew up as being someone who is very psychically sensitive, and I didn't, you know, I never really knew what to call that or like what do you call that? Is that witchy? But you know, as a little as a little kid to me, I just knew that it was something very different. And the things that I saw, the energy that I felt, I knew other people did not have that type of gift, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Like how does it manifest for you?
Speaker 2: So I always laugh because when I go into homes or buildings or new spaces, I'm very good with feeling imprint of energy. I always used to call it ghost energy or like death energy. I'm like, like someone died in here, and I like really can take on. I'll get like flashes of images or hear certain things, or I'll see certain things. So I would say a lot of like clear audience and clairvoyance, and that manifest in ways where it was incredibly frightening. But now you know, as again, as like getting older, you really begin to connect with that part of yourself. And so for me, not being afraid of these things and not being afraid to question is always been has been helpful.
Speaker 1: Have you ever done like a ghost hunt or like gone someplace that the people are like this place is hunted, come investigate or help us out or any of that.
Speaker 2: I don't think intentionally. I think it always happens to me like unintentionally, because the spirits, they really they'll you know, they gravitate towards me, so they'll know like, oh, she can hear us, or she can see us, or you know, it'll manifest in some way. But it used to, I'm gonna be honest with you, it really used to scare the fuck out of me.
Speaker 1: Well I imagine, I mean, when how old were you the first time something like this happened? That's terrifying.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was probably seven eight years old. We used to live in a house in Los Angeles, So this is something that is always in my family. So I didn't write about this a lot in my book, and I feel like I should have. But my grandfather growing up, he had an old house, and my cousins and my older sister and I we would sleep over at this house. It's like an old like craftsman style house, very very old and really cool, and it was creepy as shit. And so when we were younger, my grandfather used to have one of those big old TVs like this is the kind you know that used to like sit on the floor like those really they're like super old. So anyway, for the young audience, yes, they had knobs. So we would go to bed at night and you would hear that big TV like turn on by itself, and you'd hear the channels changing. And so for younger audience back in the day, after a certain amount of time, there were not a lot of things that would still be on TV. So you'd have like static or you'd have like just weird channels that would like play like you know, like a sound like the testing. My sister and I I can recall a story. We're in bed, we're sleeping, and we hear the big TV turn on and the kitchen doors that used to have kind of like those swinging like I don't know what they call them, those like Western like when.
Speaker 1: You sing loose doors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like they had those saloon doors and the kitchen and you heard them at like one o'clock in the morning, two am, the TV turns on. It's full fucking blast static, and you hear the saloon doors like swinging, like swooshing open, and we'd hear like the cabinets open, and so my grandfather would like laugh at it and just be like, oh, that's nothing. And I remember just being so petrified, just hiding with like the blanket over our head because we were so afraid. We were terrified at night, and I was like, I don't want to sleep there. I don't want to stay there. But here's the story of that. So the dining room used to have like top floor to ceiling mirrors in the dining area, so it was like all original old mirrors. And the story has it is that the woman who lived there before committed suicide and she hung herself right in front of the mirrors, like in the off of the beams in that area.
Speaker 1: So so it was her trying to find a channel to watch.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know, maybe it was, but she used to scare the shit of us. But my dad thinks that it was my uh step grandmother. So here's a fun witch war like, So my step grandmother, my grandfather was a cheater, okay, and he hooked up with this woman named Eula, and so Ula was a from Louisiana and she was a practitioner of magic, and so was my grandmother, and so they were beefing over him.
Speaker 1: Did the magic come into play? Were they putting spells on each other?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes they were. They were. There was a full blown witch war, okay. They were like burying shit in each other's yards and fighting over my grandfather. And so finally Ula ends up winning him, and he left his wife and his five children for her.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: The story goes that she used to be working magic in their house, and so Ula was really tapped in and she was very connected, and so my grandmother was like whatever, like you can have them. What if he's gonna like leave his children and like leave meet whatever? Fuck him, you know. So the story goes that my grandmother hexts their relationships so good that he would never be faithful to her, and she always had to keep using magic to try to keep him, and it never worked. So he always cheated on her up until he died, up until both of them died. That man never stayed faithful to her ever.
Speaker 1: This sounds like a movie I need to watch, just like the two witches constantly hexting each other and putting spells on each other.
Speaker 2: The two Southern witches. Yeah, my grandmother was very much like that Southern bell, like southern it's I always call it. Was. It called like sweet and like kind of nasty. So it was like nasty nice, I think it's what they call it. But it's like they're nice to you, and they'll like, oh, bless your heart. So people from the South know what blessed your heart means.
Speaker 1: Total that's Southern shade.
Speaker 2: It's Southern for fuck you, where they're like, ye, your heart.
Speaker 1: Wait, tell me some more ghost stories.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Okay, So I went with two of my girlfriends to a bar in Los Angeles called The Association, and we went for a hip hop night. Okay. So it was like full of just it was like wrap hip hop whatever, R and B. It was like a fun night. And so we go there having drinks. Everyone's having a good time and we're going to the restroom. So you know how girls are. We go to the bathroom and we're taking selfies in the mirror like we're super turned. At this point, like we're very like drunk, and we're like just shooting firing off pictures, selfies, hitting every angle and there weren't any other girls in the bathroom with us, and so we were just having a ball. We had our own little private photo shoot. We're just taking all the photos. So we go back out, we're having fun. We leave that night, and the next morning, we're like hungover and I was like, oh, I want to post those pictures on Instagram. We look so cute. Like, let's go through the pictures. So I opened my phone and we're scrolling through, swiping through, like trying to find the best one to put on Instagram. And I look in the background of one of the pictures and I was like, who the fuck is that? And I was like, who is this old white lady? And I am not joking night, No, that's what makes this story so much crazier. Mind you, Like, I mean, it's a pretty diverse group, but let's be real. Everyone there was like black or like let the you know, like it was like it was a hip hop night was in LA so it was like there wasn't a you're not going to see like an eighty year old white woman okay. At the hip hop night. So we're looking through the pictures. My friend Jianny her mom, I was like who is this? Like what is this? And she looks at the photo and she was like, who is that woman? But it gets worse. RAS's it's it's creepier. Okay, you have to see the photo.
Speaker 1: I'm the photo. Can I pull it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And is it okay with you? If we put this on our Instagram?
Speaker 2: Yes? Put it. Everyone needs to see it.
Speaker 1: Anyone listening. Go to Instagram ghosted by ros At, ghosted by ras and you will see this photo posted today.
Speaker 2: So the first photo, I am the one holding my phone with a big curly hair h My friend Michelle is in the middle. Johnny is on the right right. So we're snapping off the photos and at the time with that that make of iPhone. I don't know if you guys remember this, but there used to be a little button on the bottom, like the little touch button, so you can hold the button and it would fire off like multiple shots, very quickly rapit, yes, like a rabbit shot. So I was holding the button and we were like taking the selfies. So when I get home, you know, we're going through the photos and we're all creeped out now. And I look to the right of Giohnny, who is wearing the blue and white striped shirt. And if you look to the far right corner, there is a hand, a white hand with now polish, yes, and it's coming out of the mirror of If you look at the second photo, because I gave you, guys, like another second shot, so you can see on the right there is a mirror. There is a door to the back, and then if you know the location of the association, there's no other door there. That's just a wall, and then a big mirror to the right. And so going through all of my shots, there's nothing else from her.
Speaker 1: It was just that woman in that Wait, where's the woman?
Speaker 2: She's like right there where you're at.
Speaker 1: Oh that lady. Okay, wait wait, so that hand is not connected to her.
Speaker 2: No, so that's the thing. It looks like from my own theory, Like, I'm not joking you guys, like this changed my life. This, I'm not joking it. It changed my life because I started to think, okay, outside of superstition, outside of the supernatural, like paranormal on a scientific level. It started making me think. I was like, well, if I'm snapping off photos in the mirror and then this is happening in this blip of time, what if there is some overlapping you know, timeline, like maybe she is alive and it's happening because that bar apparently it was built maybe in like they said, in the nineteen thirties or forties. And so I was like, well, what if there's an overlap in a timeline, that's how happening because inside of that bar, they still have all of like the original like interiors and like the decorations are still pretty old, like the building itself is really really old. And I was like, well what if And my friends started laughing, and I was like this is my theory. And I was like, well, what if she and her friends are partying and they you know, she went to the bathroom and she looked in the mirror, and she said, the most peculiar thing happened. I saw three like colored girls in the mirror, you know, like, oh, white lady with this like old fashioned hair. So what if she's like telling her friends like the strangest thing happened. I saw these weird like I saw these women in the mirror and and they're like, yeah, okay, sure, get let's go. You're drunk, like, let's go home. And you see her friend. You see this other hand, this white hand coming out of the mirror, and it looks like it's, you know, summoning her to come back to the mirror.
Speaker 1: You have a part down the middle. Is that what I'm looking at?
Speaker 2: It looks like a swoop like it's kind of like it's gray and it's like a all the way in. So do you see it with your cursor? Like move it? You see the like hair, what's.
Speaker 1: That orange ish area?
Speaker 2: What is that face? That's her white face? And you can see her eyebrow if you zoom anymore. I have like examined this photo so many times. I have like contacted like paranormal people. I have contacted Zach Bagant and I said to.
Speaker 1: Did he say anything?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I went to his museum. He's like blown away, really yes. Because the fun part about this is that the metadata on this I told anyone, I was like, I am down to have anybody who dares to even challenge this. I have the phone, the metadata, I have everything, baby, Like we can put it into forensic styles.
Speaker 1: I can see something. I just can't tell her features.
Speaker 2: So okay, can you go around like girl, scroll down through between Michelle's legs too.
Speaker 1: I know, I see.
Speaker 2: It's a body. It's gray. It's like it's translucent, it's gray. I mean, I've had people study this image who teach like medium ship classes and all of those things, and like I've said, I've always just like wanted help or anyone like we should go back there. I don't know if it can. You know, like I reached out. I even left a Yelp review so you guys can look top I did I put I put this bottle everywhere because I was like, you guys, there is a freaking ghost in the picture, like look at it. And so even some of the staff has told me, like, weird things have happened at night. I send it to the owner of the bar. I started doing history, like trying to research like the building, and the owners of the bar they just like laughed and they were just like yeah, well, they were like it's a really old building. So they didn't deny that it was like a possibility, you know totally.
Speaker 1: I completely is that downtown, Yes, it's downtown. Yeah, all those buildings are haunted for sure. Oh my god. The bathroom lady goes, the old lady in the bathroom, the.
Speaker 2: Old white lady in the bathroom right up night time access.
Speaker 1: What I was thinking was that, Okay, like you can tell it's like a rounded head. There's like apart down the middle. And then right by your friend holding the little Martini glass, right where her shoulder is, you could see like a nose and then eyes. I was thinking that that was the face.
Speaker 2: No, her nose. Her eyebrow is right where Jihnny's shoulder is, so right where you have the cursor.
Speaker 1: That's an eyebrow. It's like the browbone.
Speaker 2: But yes, that's what exactly Okay, the bone.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's it's her side profile.
Speaker 2: It's her profile because she's walking towards the mirror.
Speaker 1: Okay, now I see her. So her skin is that kind of weird people? Yeah, okay, now pull out a little bit, jieha.
Speaker 2: Now look down at the body. Scroll down, like look between Michelle and Gianni. It's like gray.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: But the hand is so disgusting if you zoom on the hand, it's so gross.
Speaker 1: The way to the Can I tell you how.
Speaker 2: Many nightmares I've had zoom. What is it holding? What if it's like cemetery dirt? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's so creepy. But I'm obsessed with this old lady being like, no, I want to go to hip hop night and her friend being like, girl, we gotta go.
Speaker 2: When I tell you, it truly was like the most ratchet fun just like it was. It was very very lit that night. It was packed full of people, crowded, and everyone was sweating and dancing. We were having the best time that it was like, it was amazing.
Speaker 1: So the skeptics might be like, is it a discoloration in the wood behind you?
Speaker 2: My dad tried to say that when I was like, oh, like maybe it's just a glare from the like like, like, baby, when have you ever seen a glare with the shape of a woman's head? And where the fuck did the hand come from? I showed my dad I like I showed him all of the series and like I said, I am willing to have anybody who challenges my photo. We can go to forensics, we can go to forensic files, we can test it, we can do I don't care. It's like this photo truly has proof that there is something and it maybe if you don't even believe in ghosts or spirits, then do you believe in multi dimensions? Do you believe in like other dimensions are like alternate reality. I don't know, Like I couldn't even explain it because I'm not like some quantum you know what I mean, like quantum physicshit going on, but like truly like this is another timeline, like overlapping.
Speaker 1: I want you to go back there and try to find it.
Speaker 2: I do too.
Speaker 1: How long ago was this?
Speaker 2: This was in I believe twenty fifteen, twenty fourteen, twenty fifteen. I also look and see I think it was twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I've been ranting and raving about it ever since, because you know how it is like when people are like, oh, I have a ghost photo, and then it's like some obscure like blob of a fake.
Speaker 1: Like what is like girl now the holy ground? What we all want is the full body apparition.
Speaker 2: I have the full body apparition. I have a disembodied hand.
Speaker 1: With nail polish on, and she has no.
Speaker 2: Polish, And I'm like, you can look at our hands, you can look at everything. It's like we don't. I have stiletto nails, Like that's been my trademark look for the past decade.
Speaker 1: So I love it. Do you have other ghost stories?
Speaker 2: I do. I mean they all have to do with bars in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Hell, Yes, I love it.
Speaker 2: LA is a very uh It's a beautiful and spooky place. And I feel like I was telling my literary agent, I want to make a book about all of these like haunted and very special places in Los Angeles, and he's like, I will think about it, like you know, and I'm like, people want to hear it.
Speaker 1: Tom, Well, there's so many interesting kind of ghosts in LA. You know. There's like a lot of movie star or aspiring movie star types. There's creative types, there's mob people. You know, there's really interesting ghosts.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of Like I mean, the history in and of itself is just it's really fascinating. And my family, you know, and my grandparents and things like that, like have lived in Los Angeles for over one hundred years.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So I have a lineage in California like in Los Angeles, and so I just feel so grounded and so connected and I feel so protected when I'm there, which is like different from you know, when a lot of people come to LA, they're like, oh, it's so fake and everyone's just so shallow and blah blah. But that's because you only stick to like one small group of people, and you know, you're like a transplant. You don't really understand the culture. You don't really go outside of your bubble. So that's something I always challenge people who moved to Los Angeles. It's like, get outside of your comfort bubble. Go to areas outside of like you know, Silver Lake and like whatever, you know, like Hollywood and all these things. It's like, go to like real places and understand where you're at and at least do some research on the history. So anyway, another story, there's a bar and called Dirty Laundry and it's in LA and that place is super haunted too. It was like a speakeasy. It's kind of like a speakeasy. I don't even know if they're still in business.
Speaker 1: Where is that downtown? I'm looking a up right now.
Speaker 2: I don't know where it's at. I'm like I was drunk, Like I was like really drunk, and I went there.
Speaker 1: Well, they got a website and looks like they're still open. It says it's a seventeen twenty five North Hudson's. Okay, so it seems like maybe Hollywood. So you're drunk, You're at this place called Dirty Laundry.
Speaker 2: Yes, I go there with the same group of girls, and that's where we started laughing. We're like, maybe we have like the coven energy of the ghost untresses. Yes, but one of my girlfriends was going to like meet with some guy that she like met off of whatever app and so we go there. We're like having cocktails, having the best time, and there's this room. There's an area that's like sectioned off now because I went recently and it's closed off. They no longer allowed people to be in that room. And so we're in that room. I'm laying on this like chase lounge, and I asked my friend to take a photo of me. So she takes a photo, and then there's one we have like a really cool chandelier hanging above the top of the ceiling. So I'm standing there and I'm like drunk and like having fun, and so she's taking all these photos of me. Yet again, go home sober up, look at the photos and I was like, wow, there's an orb, and you see it move from the bookshelf to sitting next to me. And then when you look at the photo of me standing up underneath this chandelier, there is an orb on my crotch and then on the side of me. And so I was dying laughing. But that night, I specifically remember that was the first time I had ever seen a black shadow figure of a Christen. And so he was in the corner of the room that we were in, and it was just us because we were taking photos in there, you know, like trying to be cute. So we like took we were taking our little photo shoot in that room, and I look over and I saw this fire of a like a black figure of a man, and I look at him and I said hey, and he just who He looked back and dropped into the ground because he was shook.
Speaker 1: I said, hey, he thought he was just creeping, and then he said, oh, no, you can see me.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was, like it was creepy as shit. Like I had never in my life up until that point, I have never seen like a shadowed figure in my entire life, of my ghostly little life of seeing like apparitions, seeing weird things, I've never seen anything like that in my life, and it was so freaky. But apparently I'm not the only person that has seen that in that room, because again, they don't open that room to the public anymore. It's not open, it's they close it off.
Speaker 1: How do you interpret something like that, like why does it look different than like an apparition of a human Do you think it's like a different kind of energy or.
Speaker 2: I definitely do, because when we're thinking about it, like the location, So we're in a bar, and generally at most bars are haunted. I'm using that word like very loosely, and I don't mean it like in some like Pultzter Guys type of way, but sometimes, yes, a Poulter Guys type of way. But most bars are haunted because we think of the people, and we think about the energy that collects in those spaces. Oftentimes you have people who are going through really serious traumas. We have people who are drinking to get away, drinking to celebrate. You know, whenever we have the spirits when we think of alcohol, those are spirits. And why do we have spirits in certain spiritual ritual traditions, It is because it does connect you to a another realm. It allows access into your human vessel. When we talk about possession, oftentimes when people say, oh my god, I went out, I was drinking and I blacked out, I don't remember anything. I don't know what happened. Aside from the science of things, you do have earth bound entities. You do have spirits that can inhabit your vessel while you're drunk. So there is that whole situation where some people argue with you, like, no, no, no, you're just drunk. It's science, it is you know there, it's alcohol. When you drink. Yes, you're gonna be less inhibited. Bad things are gonna happen, are things that you just wouldn't ordinarily do out of character for you. However, spiritually, if you know, for the people who don't believe in the spiritual part, stop listening. But for the witches and for the people who are, you know, maybe a little bit more curious, spirits do connect to you. We have libations, we leave offerings of spirits, tequila, mezcal, jin rum, we use all of those things. I went to a Haitian voodoo ceremony and they also have a drink that is made for the GeTe so during fet GeTe, which is around the time of did Los Mortos, it's like during these times of the dead, October, the end of October, during Sourin, so it's like during the time of the dead honoring the dead. At this Haitian voodoo ceremony that I went to in New Orleans, they had a drink. I'm so sorry, guys, I don't remember the name of it. If I'm butchering this, I'm sorry, but like that's okay. There is a drink in Haiti that is made during the GeTe ceremonies, and it's where you put lots of burning hot peppers and they soak them in alcohol. And so once you become mounted or possessed by the spirits, by the loa, you're able to drink this hot pepper alcohol that if you're not mounted, if you're not possessed with these spirits, or you're not embodying these spirits, it will literally burn a hole through your tongue and you can you can search this. This is this is very real. You have to be possessed in embodying these spirits. Papagee, the gety spirits are those who watch over the grave and over the graveyard, and they love to celebrate death and they're festive and they're fun and they're like wild. So when you're drinking this alcohol, you you won't get burned. Your tongue is not gonna get burned. Like it's it's almost as if you're just drinking regular alcohol.
Speaker 1: WHOA.
Speaker 2: So there is that connection on what I'm basically like roundabout way of saying that alcohol has such a history, you know, with spirits, Why we leave libations on our altars, Why we leave libations to summon spirits and specific entities and when you're working with them and leaving them as an offering of gratitude and as a you know, honoring of respect. But I do think it is important for people to understand when you go to bars, there is a lot of low energy, a lot of darker is what people see, like darker energies, because we do have that attachment just because and I think it's important for people to know just because you die does not mean you're going to become some elevated angelic spirit. Some people still stay being a piece of shit, or like if you suffer it with alcoholism, if you suffer it with drug addiction and you die and you're an alcoholic, or you die of cirrhosis of the liver. Where else would you want to be? I'm going at the bar, so drink, And why would you not want to have that chance of having a vessel to take hold of, to possess, or to take control of. If you see them leaving their vessel, leaving their body, it's very easy for an entity who is very I guess you would say like low. I don't want to say like low vibration because I don't I also don't want to put a stigma that like, oh, if you're an alcoholic, you're going to have a low vibration and be like stuck at a bar. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that we all know, you know that there are certain people who are living that are assholes and just so happen to be alcoholics, and they like being in these spaces. So why would they not, you know, want to continue on in the afterlife. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: What about not even necessarily an afterlife thing? But if somebody is in a low place and they're at a bar, do you believe that their bad energy can be left there? Afterwards, or you know, kind of a like a spiritual fart lingering in the air.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what I'm almost getting at, where it's just like we all have encountered it in real waking life. You meet someone who is just so exhausting, it's like energy vampire, and then when you're drinking with them, it's like, oh god, it just gets worse because and it's like they start crying and it's like you hear every sad story. Then my wife left me, and my kids don't love me anymore and everybody hates me, and woe is me? And I need to keep drinking. And imagine you're the bartender. I think most bartenders will get this where it's like if you work, even in like the service industry, we encounter so many people that are just so incredibly draining, and so imagine when you die, it doesn't elevate you, like you're not going to become this like magical angel. Some people get stuck in that rut of just being earth bound entities, and it goes also into using like you know, seances and Ouiji boards and da da da da da, We're gonna go on all day where it's like who are you connecting with, who is earth bound? Who is not elevated? And there are some spiritual practices that you can do to elevate your family members or people who may have not had a great life that like have passed on, even just by like honoring them, putting them on a place in the altar. You know, like there's certain things that you can do for them.
Speaker 1: When you talk about leaving alcohol at altars for spirits, do you think in future generations they're going to be leaving like Fireball or like White Claw.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would encourage I want them to. I told my son. I was like, if you don't build me the most decadent altar ever with. I want ship and pain, I want perfume. I want food. I'm a Taurus. I want the works. Okay, I want food, wine, drinks, hedonism. I want every sexy gothic babe at my tombstone taking photos. I want a photo shoot. It's like, girl, take all the photos.
Speaker 1: Hell, yeah, tell me about your book.
Speaker 2: So my book was released on Halloween and it's called Blood Sex Magic. It's released through Harper One and it's just it's my baby. It's my first well not my first baby. My second baby. It's my second baby, but no. My book is titled Blood Sex Magic, and it is a collection of stories, spells and just practical ways of utilizing magic and terot spreads, and honestly, it was like it's my first book, and I just I feel like there's still so much more that like I want to say and like I want to do. But I love this book so much because of the art. It's like it's it's very visually stunning and beautiful, and I take so much pride in it because I designed it. Like there's not a lot of major publishers that will allow you to do like a full color book that I got to design and really like make it my, you know, my my own. And I was very adamant on that because I like to call myself a visual storyteller and I really take my art and my vision seriously. So that was something that was like a non negotiable for me.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Yeah, tell me about sex Magic.
Speaker 2: Sex Magic. What do you want to start?
Speaker 1: So this is stuff that you cover in the book Sex Magic.
Speaker 2: So I didn't want to go like too crazy because for me, like I think that there is an amount of responsibility that you have whatever, like if you're sharing bills or if you're sharing any type of magical work. So I wanted to share with maybe people who are like a novice or you know, like just getting into their magical practice, or maybe they're curious. So to me, this is more along the lines of like an intro to sex magic for a person who may not have really any like understanding of what that is. And so for my readers, I just give them a basic intro of how to work with your sexual energy, how to channel your sexual energy to I guess I hate using this word, but I'm going to do it, guys, to manifest your intention to work with the power of your sexual energy and creating what it is that you want. So I do discuss in a very practical manner where it's like, no, you're not going to get like a new car just because you like fuck some guy and you're like you're like, oh yeah, I mean actually you probably could get a new car. Okay, let meet us.
Speaker 1: Guy's got a lot of money, maybe get.
Speaker 2: You yes, So let me us start all over with that, because you can manifest anything that you want using your sexual energy and your sexual power as long as it's consensual, So that's a huge thing too. I'm very big obviously, everyone should be very big on consent. So consensual sexual magic and raising your vibration and really just like manifesting what it is that you want using the power of your sexual energy.
Speaker 1: And that's something that you can do alone or with one person or a group of people, right, Like, Yes, I had a person one time on a dating app. Their profiles said that they were looking for someone to do sex magic with, and I was like, what is that? Like, tell me more, and then they were like sort of just telling me about it. But I was like, I don't know if I want to do this with some complete stranger, but I was just curious like about it.
Speaker 2: So I absolutely would not practice sex magic with a complete stranger unless I was the one that was in control of what the intent was, right, But I probably wouldn't let them know. And I think to some degree, you know, as witches, what depends on what kind of which you are. I can be a little bit of a naughty witch, So what does that mean, you know, if you're dating and you're like harnessing that energy, if you're I think this is why even with like my girls and friends who are sexual sex workers. I think that most sex workers are like the biggest and most powerful witches because they know how to enchant, they know the subconscious of most of their clients, they know how to get money, they know how to they know the human psyche on a deeper level than like your average like layman could ever understand or like really know. So I do think that some of my friends who are practicing sex switches and sex workers shout out to them because they're getting that money get into the bag. And also like enchanting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm I just find it a really fascinating thing that I don't think has ever come up on this podcast sex Magic.
Speaker 2: I love it. I mean. And also in the book, I put a pretty controversial spell in the book, and it's the paneity, which is a very powerful love spell that you used your dirty panties or you're used underwear, and you'll make a tea out of it. Okay, in South America and also in southern North America, it's a very popular thing within even like Caribbean people. They know this. So you make the panty tea. You're supposed to wear the panties. You can't wear black underwear. When you do this, FYI, no black panties. They need to be pink or red, which correspond to like love, lust, beauty, all those things. So you're gonna take those panties. You're gonna wear them for three to seven days. I know everyone's be like, oh my god, this is disgusting.
Speaker 1: That the same for three to seven days.
Speaker 2: Yes, but but you're gonna do it after you take a bath. Because these are your magic You're little magical panties. These are your seduction panties. So you don't wear them every day. I mean, you can't make them funky now, like you can keep it funky if you want to wear it. You want little tints, little twang to it, you can't wear them. Okay, it's your magic. You can do what you want. You want the pheromones you want, the you want, the juices you want, you want that. I'm telling you, Okay, it's gonna get a little nasty. So if you are cringing, I'm sorry to tell you. Magic is not all roast quarts and crystals and all no witch brough hadia and witchcraft is about blood, sex and magic. So you're gonna get the real from me. You know, witchcraft is not going to always be pretty. It's not gonna be clean and sanitized for you. It's not you know, that's just not it. So you wear the panties, You take some boiling water, you pour them over the panties, you soak them for a while because you want to get all the juices into the tea. And then some people they would feed it, they would use that water. They would put it into like a jar like you can put in like a mason jar. And you use that water and you're cooking, you make coffee, you can make tea with it, soups, and it is potent and it's very powerful. So my grandfather, he's from Arkansas, and he's he knew what's up, you know, he knew what was up. And so my grandfather always had a joke and he used to call me a pinky. So he'd say, pinky, I don't accept black coffee from single ladies. So what he met by that in Hudu and also in other magical folk traditions in the South, in Texas, Louisiana, the Carolina is all of these things. Everyone who does root working or conjure world or magical work knows that you don't accept black coffee or spaghetti from women that you don't.
Speaker 1: Know why spaghetti the.
Speaker 2: Blood and you're putting your period blood in the spaghetti.
Speaker 1: Really? Oh yeah, see, I don't know about this kind of stuff. I'm happy you're here.
Speaker 2: This is very, very controversial again because people feel some people don't like the idea of you using love magic or sex magic to take away somebody's free will. So you do have practitioners who said, you know, don't take away someone's free will and a love spell or domination spell. But then you have other practitioners who grow up and have traditions where it's like it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Do you believe that? Is it a wicking belief that it like it comes back threefold or something?
Speaker 2: I don't believe in the law of three.
Speaker 1: To me is that it is almost like karma type thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but karma is a whole other thing too, So it's like, but this law of three, I mean, it's just it's still man made. But whatever, I'm gonna all say it as this, I am not here to be the police or the authority over anyone else's spiritual practice or their life or their magic. But do not put down other people who don't believe like you and who don't have traditions like you, because something my grandmother used to tell me is that if you can't protect yourself from a hex, you cannot heal anybody. So if you don't know how to use defensive magic to hex somebody to curse them, then what type of healing are you doing? So you need to have some form of grounding. And I think that it's even funnier because I grew up with one of my mom's friends. She's like a Russian immigrant, and she always used to tell me that, like, too much light can make you go blind. Too much laughing isn't good for your soul. So anything that's like too much light is blinding. And I really fucking hate people who are just like, oh, I'm only good vibes, I only love and light. It's like that toxic positivity. So I'm like, if you don't know how to protect or defend yourself, and don't call yourself.
Speaker 1: A witch, Okay, I'm learning so much today. I'm so happy you're here. I love them here. We have to wrap it up, but can you tell people where to find you? And all the stuff that you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you can find me on social media as the hood Witch, and most of my pages are verified, so I have a lot of impersonators and like phonies and like sure, fake bitch is trying to be me. So it is the hood Witch, the official at the Hoodwitch. My website is Thehoodwitch dot com, Instagram is the Hoodwitch Twitter. Well, I don't even know if anyone uses that name more Twitter, the Hoodwitch, blue Sky, the hood Witch, Facebook at the Hoodwitch. Nothing else is just the Hoodwitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's something that maybe listeners of this show don't know is that a lot of magical practitioners, psychics, tarot readers have a lot of impostors, tons of them, and people that are praying on their followers and trying to get money. So if you're getting if you're getting a DM that looks like it's from some you know, spiritual practitioner or psychic or whoever that you're following, and they're like, hey, I can give you a reading if you give me money. I don't do it. I've also had people do it of me and I don't even do readings, and people have like you know, reached out to my followers and been like, hey, I'm doing readings, now you want to give them a fifty bucks And then they do thinking then I'm going to give them a tart reading and then they're mad at real me because I did that. I'm like, that's not me. I had nothing to do with that person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have like some scammers. I have like a lady on Facebook who's like trying like scamming people, and she's like, looks nothing like me. It's crazy like she and she has like a like lots of followers too. So guys, I don't use Facebook. I only use Instagram and Twitter and Blue Sky and I have a substack. But everything that you see is going to be at the hoodwitch, So you just have to make sure that you're not getting scammed. And look on Raz's page and see that like all of my links will be there.
Speaker 1: Love it. Well, thanks so much for doing this.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me. I'm so happy that I could tell my ghost stories. I could talk with you forever.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, thank you so much. To breathe. I am just over here getting my panties ready for some tea that I will be serving on my tour. Actually no, that's not true. I'm not gonna make you fall in love with me that way, but I might with my jokes, So I hope to see you in person. I'd love to meet you anyway. That was that. That was fun. I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me gay on. This has been an exactly right production. Want to share your paranormal experience on the podcast. I read stories out loud and sometimes I'll even call you, so email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com. You can send a DM or voice message to the show's instagram at ghosted by Roz. Give us a follow while you're there, and follow me Roz on Instagram at roz Hernandez and on TikTok and Twitter at It's roz Hernandez. My senior producer is the startling Jiha Lee. Associate producer is the alarming Christina Chamberlain. This episode was mixed and sound designed by the Eerie Edson Choi. My guest booker is the petrifying Patrick Kottner. Additional production support from the hair raising Hannah Kyle Crichton. My theme music is by the spine Chilling Brendan Lynch Salomon, artwork by the spooky Vanessa Lilac. Photography by the terrifying Elizabeth carro In. Executive produced by the chilling Karen Kilgareth, the Spooky Georgia hard Start, and the frightening Danielle Kramer.