Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Heckma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 2: Players Lounge Time, Let's ride.
Speaker 3: It is Wednesday, workday here at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 2: We are at the S Podcast studios.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge. Bought that you buy Aristocrat.
Speaker 2: Gaming, Heck Maharrison.
Speaker 3: You see a Barry Church, you see scrugs. Lots of work to do hereof who's gonna play? That's really gonna be? What for both teams in this football game? Who's available, who's playing?
Speaker 2: Who's suiting? Ut offense? Do we got any word? Defensively? Is the bazooka gonna shut up this week? I know tank out for a while?
Speaker 4: Suit up, man, that's a Carson. Carson making a comeback secondary full straight. Who knows it's it's hurt versus hurt? It it's hurt verse hurt. This is this, This is a matchup. I'll tell you what it's It's more about who's not playing and who is at this point.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the marquee thing.
Speaker 5: It sucks that you have a matchup like this and you don't have all of the players to have a primetime game like this. I mean that's that's the one thing about this that really is like, it sucks.
Speaker 2: It sucks.
Speaker 5: You know, Dallas Cowboys definitely don't have all of their their weapons on defense if you go into this game. For me, I think the one key guy that I'm looking at this you know, uh injury report to see if he starts practicing by you know tomorrow, I'm looking for tomorrow is Kendricks. You know, we talked about it a little bit yesterday. I just think that when you go up against the Shanahan offense, you're going to need the captain on the guy that gets everybody lined up ready to go, because they hit you with so many different things, as you've seen on film already, that if you're not prepared for these guys are not lined.
Speaker 2: Up, man, it could it could. You could get out flanked in her. And that's what he does.
Speaker 4: He plays with defender's eyes out there, and that's why you need a veteran guy like Kendricks. What is he in you're eleven year twelve, who seem pretty much every offensive scheme there is out there all right, And you gotta have a guy like that that can calm your defense down when things start going to ride, when people may be hitting the wrong gaps or their you know, play action and people aren't having contained on party. This is a guy that can control things and make sure everybody's in the right place at the right time. Because you just talked about what Shanahan loves to do. He has so many different variations of the same exact run. It could be a power going straight, you know, right right at the C gap, D gap, whatever the case may be. But he pulls so many different linemen. One day, he'll bore one time, he'll pull guard. One time, he might have the center pool and it's just playing.
Speaker 2: With your eyes.
Speaker 4: That's why you gotta have that guy back there that can calm everything down, make sure everybody's reading their keys and reacting well. And that's why Kendricks to me talked about it before the season, that's the quarterback. If he can be durable out there, this defense has a chance. But to me, not only him being healthy out there, I would love to see these corners. I would love to see these corners be able to go out there and give it one hundred percent. I'm talking about Bland, I'm talking about Carson out there, because if you can get those guys out there that can lock up on the outside, that allows you to bring an extra guy down into that box to help against the run.
Speaker 2: We know the run is the weakness of this defense so far this season.
Speaker 4: If you've got guys that can lock down on the outside, you got a better chance out there.
Speaker 2: We know what Diz can bring to the table.
Speaker 4: If Bland can be seventy five percent of what he was last year, that's good enough for me. Carson, he's showing the ability that he can do things as well, and Jeordan Lewis is locking down the slot. To me, it's that linebacker spot and those corners that are necessary for this defense to be successful.
Speaker 5: When you look at when you look at San Francisco on tape, the one thing that I think is blaring as like you bring up an important point. They can go twenty two, they can go twelve, they can go ten, but they running the same thing, same thing, same thing. Flight variations and you were talking about yesterday, just a little bit of you know, the tendencies that certain teams have. I don't see tendencies with this team that where they tip their hat to one thing over another. And the one thing that I see that from what just evaluating what Kansas City did, was their safety play was imperative to what And that's why I couldn't wait to have this conversation, like, how do you for guys in your secondary Hooker and Wilson, How important is it for those guys because when they line up, when they bring out twenty two and you have so many guys at the line of scrimmage, once you get past that first line, it's pretty much open.
Speaker 2: After that, it's pretty much open, like you said.
Speaker 4: And also what they were able to do at their safety spot, and I noticed this Washington Kansas City game is even that middle of the feel safety You're always taught to be, you know, the last line of defense, as deep as the deepest. But if you watch that game and what Eric Reen was able to do, even when they ran those bootlegs, and even when you know party had time in the pocket, he was never as deep as the deepest.
Speaker 2: He was jumping a lot of stuff out there.
Speaker 4: All those overs from Kittle, all those overs from those wide receivers. He was jumping them because, in my opinion, they say, look, we haven't seen on tape. You just unleash a deep post out there. We haven't seen it. So if you do and beat us, hey we'll tip the cat to you. But I'm jumping this stuff. And that's exactly what they were able to do. They were able to make in between the numbers, very muddy for party out there, and he wasn't able to accurately, you know, pinpoint that pass, and I was allowing those safeties.
Speaker 2: To jump it. Now here with the Cowboys, do we see them having that ability to jump it? I hope.
Speaker 4: So somebody got to make a play out there, because you saw those safeties, you saw those corners out there, they.
Speaker 2: Were jumping and sitting on everything.
Speaker 4: They didn't believe Purdy was going to be able to stretch the football down the field he way he was able to maybe last year. And also what I saw was those defensive ends for their Kansas City Chiefs, they kept him in there.
Speaker 2: They kept him in that pocket.
Speaker 4: Even on those boot legs, he wasn't able to extend it and kind of sit on the outside for a while. He had to pull up, He had to pull up and unleash that ball. And that's what those guys were able to do. It's a rules game for me. You gotta read your kids. You gotta be on your rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah, contained, you gotta contain, especially in a game like this.
Speaker 3: Talk about the corners for the Cowboys receiving cool for the forty nine ers devastated. It's in bad shape. Yeah, okay, it's in bad shape. I mean Brandon Ayuk's out for the year. Deebo Samuel was last week. Saw he was in the hospital, so you know what his status is.
Speaker 5: But even if he, I mean come out to the hospital, but he was. I got a report he was out of the hospital today.
Speaker 2: Okay, that good. Yeah, at the hospital and you know how much.
Speaker 5: Right out of the hospital. On the field is a different thing. Yeah, of course, yes, on the.
Speaker 2: Field and then on the field effective. So that's that two steps.
Speaker 3: Hey, we saw Mike Evans go play Monday night, didn't finish the game, so that's a whole different link. Playing is one thing, playing effectively is another. Might got a touchdown of the game, but you couldn't finish it at the end. And now when God went out, you know, Tampa Bay's got some issues here, so uh at the wide receiver spots. So that's my only thing with the forty nine. Who's available and who's available to play at a high level. So our thoughts on the corners may not be as big as as initially thought. Definitely not what we thought going into the year. And speaking of corners, somebody has to make a tackle when the tackle persists something, Okay, you.
Speaker 4: Know what's what he's gonna do too, ain't gonna be like I want to see if that man over there can tackle.
Speaker 2: You remember that Kittle at k may not have to worry about Kittle. Yeah, you may have to worry about Kittle.
Speaker 5: And he is one of those guys that is as it relates to their offense, that is man like the straw that stirs a drink. Him and your boy you check baby L Boogie, big l Boodie, Big book, big book.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 5: I don't know how long he will go, you know, I mean, but as far as as far as the wide receivers that you're talking about, Ricky pearsol what's like by Jacob Cowie and Bronnie Bell, Ricky and Miketers.
Speaker 2: He's still he's still loud Jennings.
Speaker 5: From don't don't see him, don't Juwan Jennings. Yes he's questionable though, Yeah he is questionable. But the one thing that they do as a wide receiving core is they block really well. I mean they are in your face and so there are gonna be some challenges. But to me, I think, you know, Jay Lou is because Jay Lou will be closer to the line of scrimmage obviously. I think Jay Lou has to have a fantastic game, not only in coverage but also tackling. He's gonna be because they try and capture those edges. They're gonna be coming downhill at him. And I think the West Coast offense presents so many quick passes, and that's why Kansas City was jumping it.
Speaker 2: They're like, yeah, we don't believe an believe that you need more people.
Speaker 5: You know, we know if you're gonna try and get over the top, we'll wait on that. And he wasn't stepping up in the pocket. Oh, by the way, because they got big number ninety five in that way. So Chris Jones is gonna disrupt any of that so I mean, do we have that. No, But that's what I'm saying. You need guys like Eric Kendricks to be in this game. You need your linebackers specifically as well. Man if Zim is gonna bring any blitzes anything like that to present pressure to you know, shut down some of these running lanes. Man, this is the game that's gonna be very important for the Dallas Cowboys defense because getting a win versus San Francisco in their running scheme should give these guys some confidence.
Speaker 4: He's got to unleash Overshown. In my opinion, he's gotta let that guy. To me, Overshan's down a linebacker that's gonna sit there. Let me read my keys, Pat Pat Pat okay react. He's a guy that you gotta get him going downhill from the jump. You gotta get him involved in the game early the games we saw where he took off and he was one of them big time players because when he was active from the very beginning of the game, coming down hill, stopping the run, stopping passes in the open field. You gotta get him involved early and off and to me, I would use him, especially if the Mizukah is not able to roll. That's one of them those chess pieces. Just have him stagnant at that second level. Lind him up on the edge a little bit, Let him come off the edge a little bit. Let him blitz in that that set over that center. Give him a two way go. Let him see if he can isolate that center and get one on one with him out there. I know he's not the biggest guy, but he is fast and he has speed. You got to use him to me as a chess piece out there, like Michael exactly wound him up on how that.
Speaker 2: Faked the blitz.
Speaker 4: Do what you gotta do, but use that man as a chess piece. I think he has some unique qualities that can help this defense along the way.
Speaker 2: I'm not calling him this player.
Speaker 3: But when you talk about overshowing and I think of an active linebacker, one of the best we ever saw was active Junior Staff Junior, just that active guy out there and just you know, and obviously Junior's bigger, yeah, but but.
Speaker 2: But overshow just reminds me of you. Just just a guy.
Speaker 3: Junior was just always ready to go, ready to play and talking overshow and watching the play, just you know, it's like like he would have. He was a perfect guy who could have gone a junior sayous camp and just like you know, you know, got that juice and that cop that.
Speaker 5: Is, I mean because one of the best linebackers that they ever played a game. Really like just his energy on the field that you're talking about and just a downhill tackler period. Yeah, that's I'm sorry, just like damn, that's a that's a company.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, you know you wanted the best was just sitting there.
Speaker 3: It's a boom. Get him going. That was his thing. I mean, he and he was smart, you know. And now obviously Overshowing is too and had I felt the ability different players, but just that kind of that kind of guy, that kind of you know, eventually your hope is that a guy like Overshown can become a leader on the defense. That's that's the kind of guy, you know, as it becomes a veteran like hey man, look, follow this dude right here early on, that's what it seems like.
Speaker 2: We'll see where it goes here and and you know where it goes from. But to me, it's that energy.
Speaker 4: It's like you see it happen and it reminds me of the guy I played with in Jacksonville named Telvin Smith. He was an undersized linebacker, but he was extremely fast, very similar to Overshown. But when he was able to get active early, get those TFLs, get a big hit, it.
Speaker 2: Just energized the whole defense.
Speaker 4: He'll get up, you know, he's very animated with his you know, after his reactions and all that, and it just got everybody just juiced up and raided role. Whether people were half sleep out there, walking on the field, whatever the case may be. Once you saw him get that hit, let's go. He's cussing everybody. It just got that energy everything flowing, and football is all about momentum. And like, if you can get a guy that can juice up that defense away, I believe he can.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know it could take off. It could crazy.
Speaker 5: Part about what you're describing about Overshown is that's what he did at the University of Texas. Like he was a guy that played on the outside too, So it's not like it's not in his wheelhouse to be presented as that kind of player.
Speaker 2: But they need that.
Speaker 5: I mean, you go back to that Detroit tape, they had zero energy on no juice?
Speaker 2: Who's no leader?
Speaker 5: And they were they were searching for one, and you would have expected for some of your guys, maybe in the secondary, to be to galvanize. But I think once they saw that you laying down ahead, it's old in my knapsack.
Speaker 3: That's a really I mean, that's a really good question to ask yourself right now with Lawrence out, Parson's been missing time.
Speaker 2: Who is the leader of the defense? Yeah?
Speaker 5: That and I think in church you could you could definitely speak to this more than anybody. It's like to me, I think leadership is not just talking it. You know, you can you could be the rock rock guy, you know, you know the dudes in the in the locker room hit the head up against the wall and go out there and get blasted.
Speaker 2: You look like the whole speech out of it. We're just like you just had us all and you come out here, get ran through. So who's that guy?
Speaker 4: Even even when this team was fully healthy, who was the guy? Because we saw it, we saw it happening when things weren't going the way this team wanted things to go. We saw a lot of fingerpointing, We saw a lot of guys on you know, having conversations on the sideline that weren't the most positive conversations, and so it's like, man, you know, who's going to be that guy that's gonna step.
Speaker 2: Up for telling me? There's nobody I can't see. I can't see it.
Speaker 5: I don't know if y'all can, but I act unfortunately, I'm not. I'm not gonna base leadership off of you know, talking and getting the guys hype before the game. I'm gonna base it off of production on the field. And I didn't see that. I didn't see that unquestioned guy that you no matter what, thirty one, he's gonna make something, she gonna shake something, make something happen.
Speaker 2: He's gonna get a tackle for you. I didn't. I didn't see that at all.
Speaker 4: I'm not making the play. He's, you know, somebody else's talent. He's right next to that great job like hYP him up like Roquands. But you see him over there with Baltimore quant if he's not involved in the tackle, he's near and he's hyping that team up, getting him going.
Speaker 2: He just I just haven't seen it with this team.
Speaker 3: And the entry is nobody, no matter there is.
Speaker 2: Nobody it's nobody.
Speaker 5: Well not don't hit the key sweat on my boys like that dog. They'll do that, you know, early in the season. Then you're dealing with injuries also, and I'm not trying to give them and we may be young and we're not ready.
Speaker 2: That's just that's what it is. I mean.
Speaker 5: But even before the injuries, you just like you said, man, you didn't see it. It's one of those things that I'm hoping for Michael Parsons when he gets back sometimes man being able to sit on the sideline and observe what the team needs. Man, he can beat at piece when he gets back, because he clearly is that he's been He's seen the disaster.
Speaker 2: Something something ain't right.
Speaker 3: He ma Harrison Bury Church on New Strut right back after the break.
Speaker 2: Here on the Plass last by Aristocrat game. Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 7: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown spawn of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 8: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 9: Prescott kits, it slides for the first down.
Speaker 8: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Get Jack Black slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot Com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 5: Cowboys Nation Dallas Cowboys United, presented by Globe Life, is now exclusively in the Dallas Cowboy App. Join the Official Fan Club today to receive access to all new Cowboys drop features, team team news and pre sale access, and fan and Kid of the Game.
Speaker 2: Download the app now to join. Thank you, Heck Maharison.
Speaker 3: We are rolling right here on the players last Bury Churcheck, Mair, something New Strugs. The forty nine ers have won three in a row against the Cowboys, that include the playoffs. Cowboys going back to Santa Clara last year they were out there.
Speaker 2: I was there.
Speaker 3: I was watching the Ranger game, and that was about the only good thing for Dallas for worth that night. It was the Rangers one in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Bad news.
Speaker 3: By the way, if you were going out to Santa Clara Levi Stadium, get there early. One of the toughest stadiums to get into. It is it's next to their version of six Flags out there, and it's a bunch of business parks around it. So it's it's just a challenge. It's a challenge to get out there. So I'm just saying, if you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna go, go.
Speaker 3: And get there early, whatever whatever you normally do, I would say, add forty five.
Speaker 2: Minutes on too it because it's challenging. What's the eating spot? What's the eating spot? Honestly, San Francisco. So you're just really not going wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're just not really going wrong.
Speaker 2: Then, you know. I missed going Oakland personally, I loved going Oakland. Who don't it was fun?
Speaker 4: Missed that stadium though I played in that well, that three was that three sticks or candlesticks or.
Speaker 3: Whatever it was calling. No, No, that was OK. That was the Oakland Allamedia College.
Speaker 2: They shared a stadium at one point.
Speaker 3: No Oakland, Oakland was over there and that was over there in the East Bay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the one with the dirt, right, Like I hated playing the black hole, black hole, all the weeds, sad jumping in your face.
Speaker 2: Man, I hated playing Oh.
Speaker 5: I hated playing there with a passion that was I'm glad teams have gotten away from that. Man, it took years for teams to get away from having the baseball diamond in the field.
Speaker 2: Good everybody, multi.
Speaker 3: Purpose stadium, multi purpose stadium. So nobody's there now. So the aids have left, the Raiders have left, the Warriors have left.
Speaker 2: Nothing there. So it's just going out.
Speaker 3: But San Franis, Man, you know, we stay out of this hotel by the airport and there's a little seafood place you can just walk to.
Speaker 2: Man, you just got there, walk to it. Get a little lobster roll in the San Francisco a price. That's the problem. Ask you what's your budget? Because they about that.
Speaker 3: They tag you up in San franc And then the crime too. Man, I mean you sin bro, I'm all worry right now. All the cities we go to, that's the one I'm worried the most. Will the car be there when we get back? The car, dude, the car sitting on bricks, sitting on car going. So two years ago, when when we went out there for the NBA the Western Conference Finals, they literally the news director from the NBC in San Francisco, Hey, man, tell your people watch out for your car.
Speaker 2: Make sure you look out for you.
Speaker 3: They got news cruise out to get robbed out there the Bay straight up stuck up.
Speaker 2: And then one guy we knew who went to work out there talking about yeah, man got shot at. So we're out there in the Bay Area looking around.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: So right now, that's the places we go to. That's one I'm worried the most. It's it's problematic. So where am I gonna go?
Speaker 2: Debate? I got some spots, got some spots going out there. You're going out there this weekend. That's why.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the schedule come out. They already knew the certain games. You know, you're not getting that. You're not getting anything in California, and you're not gettingthing in North Killing. Its stomping ground. You gotta go back now. Every now and then I throw one at the homeboy because he's from l A. But you know, I got I gotta look to see for I want.
Speaker 2: To do it now. But he already knows.
Speaker 5: Say Fran closed the game you threw away this year it was Pittsburgh. Do me a favored though, do me no favors. Knew he already checked his flights. Oh, not getting out to Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Not gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Remember the flight wasn't booked, and so when I went back, it would had me going over the river through the homeboy, probably to I think he said he took him like sixteen hours to get hold because it was he had a delay, had to go here there.
Speaker 2: So yeah, man, there was there was there was something. There was issues missed, but hey, and then it was an hour and a half. But he saw when he saw Doug saw Dub hopefully you will and he wanted to go. He wanted to go. So I think I'm undefeated right now. Yeah, defeated on the road cowboys that've been two gays Unday lost right Well? Who that was the secret, sau Claire, Man.
Speaker 3: I told you man right now, I'm about to go against and she did. Integrity happened this week. I'm about to take.
Speaker 2: Them for that, going with it. I can't go for that. I'm not going for that. I'm not going for integrity. Man, she didn't take that's not gonna be there. That's not gonna be the story of the week.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: We just keep on trying to tell you. Man, it's Wednesday. You still got a long way to go, newie.
Speaker 2: You got long. It's Wednesday, very already.
Speaker 6: Know.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you. Put it down, Put it down, pin, put dub on it. There you go, it's Wednesday. How about that? Hell last two days early and again you tricky boy. You a slippery boy. Wait wait, yeah, you slippery red. At some point in time, guys got to stand up say you ain't got you check check its own, and I hope I'll see the whole. Somebody got to go in the locker room, take off their hat, throw it up there, up in there.
Speaker 3: Somebody, bring a pole in chair out there, bring the bo box. Have a San Francisco brawl. Okay, go out you San Francisco brawl on Sunday night. You gotta make somebody aquamane. Somebody swim across the bank, stand up for the cowboy. Somebody that locker room. Do something this week. Okay, do something so you don't get dog and talked about on national TV. Okay, don't do don't do that. This is this is the time. If you if you if you're not gonna beat these dudes, now when are you gonna beat If you don't beat them this time, then be your book. They're gonna be the boogeyman in your head.
Speaker 2: They already are got your heart already are now you? This is it? This is the this is it.
Speaker 5: So your confidence level goes up because of who's not playing not but that's that's what it is. You're not basing that off of the fact that because if they were, they were, they were going.
Speaker 2: I'm not going with me integrity.
Speaker 3: At that time, we thought everybody, to quote Bill Belichick, it's not who you play, it's when you're playing.
Speaker 2: Yes, So now you get that's good. I like it. I like it.
Speaker 3: No, dude, de bo de bore you out. Gonna be here, like I said, if not not win, That's why I say. Somebody thought the hat, get the volunteer, come on out there, okamine, swim across the water.
Speaker 2: Get this done, man, this is they got.
Speaker 3: So I'm going, I'm going you've had two weeks to get ready. Hecking you shouldn't. They should be filmed out. You should know everything.
Speaker 2: You know. Dudes line up to that call out the play. They should brock call out that audible. You call it out too, they should. I got it. That's what should be happening this week. So this should and against the odds.
Speaker 3: Again, I'm gonna go with the Cowboys. So I'll just tell you right now, that's right now. I'm putting it out here. Now Wednesday, you come with me.
Speaker 5: You know what the thing is is that we have a case to build throughout the week. I didn't think you would jump out the cake on Wednesday. That's Wednesday, the sheet of integrity herself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean the cake absolutely, he smelled with the dog is cooking. I don't know. I know.
Speaker 5: The thing is, man, we got we got a lot of convincing to do in between now and Friday. I just you know, you know what you want to do. What's that go against the sheet of integrity?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 5: I did it against Detroit, man, I did it against Detroit.
Speaker 2: I tried to want come come with me. We started the whole thing. You had me. Then he starts off, I'm not gonna do it this week.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what, Zim Mike zim is probably not slept for two weeks. They slept a week because because then you're coming up against the scheme. You're coming up against the scheme. Like you just said, man, it has so many different variations in the group. Is that they use, like I understand, like when they're not playing with certain guys to give you confidence that look, we should be able to get this. But I still believe in that scheme. I still believe in and we haven't seen anything change from the running game.
Speaker 4: You can't let Mason go out there and erect this game, can Mason? Can I go out there and wreck this game? You you you can understand if maccaffery.
Speaker 3: And I back to you right over there, there's some people smoking weed in this way, we are truly, we are truly in San Francis. Hey, look, I'm standing here like that's not cigarettes.
Speaker 6: That's me.
Speaker 3: That's why that's why he wants to go to San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Look that up now, I know why he wants to go to San Francisco so much. I remember there was something out there. I was like, I don't even go find real quick. Thank you. I'm sorry, guys, I'm sorry. No, no, it took me a little bit. You know what I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: We had this talk yesterday before the media. Manson Clarience is like, I knew he knew he's just a hater, knew it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: Players, where's are claires? You set the standard? And then Chris tries to drump and I was like, oh, oh, oh, sniper. Yeah, this is Chris is a straight up sniper. Okay, you've seen any thinking of cheer, So I'm just seeing any show.
Speaker 6: Nick.
Speaker 2: I got bullets in my back, bro. That was fourteen years ago. I remember, said, that's why I'm in this chair.
Speaker 3: It was like this one twenty eleven this month. So this is Chris Kyle back here shooting.
Speaker 6: Down just man.
Speaker 2: Knew he'd been in many a concerts.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, I've many concerts. And nobody was kicking it like they were over there.
Speaker 2: It was. It was. It was a four o'clock.
Speaker 3: Live shot, so it was out there. So two o'clock out there, there's some dudes by a rock and me and my boy one were standing there afterward. I was like, yeah, man, because it was the first lives at four o'clock, so we were about to be out here for three more hours. Like, dude, we may be baked out. I never smoked that in my life. I may be high as a kite because this is coming our way and it is strong.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is not This ain't something they boughted.
Speaker 3: They went home and hand crafted and put in whatever else, man, and mixed that thing up when they came out here, fire up righty, I'm like, are.
Speaker 2: They gonna have anything left in the game. You don't have anything left the game that games? Like what seven o'clock? Yes, it live shot.
Speaker 3: It was so we were there's no live shots.
Speaker 2: I mean now, I mean and wonder why the thing that was really bad?
Speaker 3: I felt bad because because I married, I married, I married one from San Francisco.
Speaker 2: So I'm there all. I was there all the time, all the time, and I got used to the smell.
Speaker 3: But but I'm telling you, man, these dudes was hitting something. They had hit different. Okay, I'm no, I'm not Snooper teaching Choe, but I know what they had three hours.
Speaker 2: Me and one was gonna.
Speaker 3: Be hungry eating chiros. We were gonna be we was gonna be killing it. You had got the little stands on it and got the cheer ros, and we was about to be eating.
Speaker 4: Chris, thank you and welcome boy to one.
Speaker 2: Is okay, One's okay.
Speaker 3: And then so so the problem was it got out there, so it viral and the San Francisco Chronicle rode about it.
Speaker 2: And this was by McCovey cove out there near the outfield.
Speaker 3: So next thing you know, man, they got police at them in McCovey code. They got police all around. It became like a story. And I'm like, I didn't mean to become a story. I was just gonna throw away line. And then it was on Jimmy Kimmel's show. Then Bill O'Reilly the San Francisco They've got problems out there seeing these white weirdos. And then they got me, my idiot self up here, and I'm getting people like you know now, I'm like on O'Reilly Factor, like I hate San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Like, nah, people, I'm here all the time. You got smoke. Smoke all you want, man, Smoke all you want.
Speaker 3: All good, Regie, and then we went and so later on that night, so that night, the game is that night is game one.
Speaker 2: We were we were left field.
Speaker 3: We were getting smoked out and left field, man, they come ready, they come ready in San France.
Speaker 2: So this week, I don't expect it.
Speaker 3: It's a Santa Clarens a little different.
Speaker 2: I'm a covey cold the covey cold baby.
Speaker 3: And then people are trying to interview me. I'm no, man, I dont want to do no interviews about this. I like San Francisco. I like it out here. I almost moved out there.
Speaker 4: Francisco.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: So the way to go, Chris, you drew us off side, off side outside in the industry in the story like this. Two years ago, I was at my kids elementary school for career day and they were like, oh, hey, here's Sophie's dad, and they're gonna play the Videy're gonna play this video.
Speaker 2: And that was it. I said, no, kids, no, we don't need any videos. Let me tell you.
Speaker 3: By the time hung out with Shocking Kobe when I covered the Lakers, and I told that lady, I said, have.
Speaker 2: You watched all have you watched this? No?
Speaker 3: It was on YouTube. I'm like, this ain't the clip to be playing. You gonna get fired and I'm getting phone calls. I can't be playing that for the elementary school, right. Hey, mommy was weed. Sophie's dad came to like everybody about the five.
Speaker 2: So this year they're like, oh dad, you daddy, do a career. It eight. No, I'm good. I'm good. Players by Aristocrat. We're back after this. Hey, Danny mccraig here for Smoothie King.
Speaker 6: You know, every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut, and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new coconuts smoothie bowls only a Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to at and T Stadium for some epic tailgates.
Speaker 2: But with that Texas.
Speaker 10: Heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster can cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Coowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 9: Raisin Caines presents the Other Rules of Football. Rule one, Any broadcast without the express edition of cook to order Cane's chicken fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 2: Rule twelve.
Speaker 9: No crinkled cut fries, Texas toast, or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation.
Speaker 2: And Rule thirty one.
Speaker 9: Anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Caines when it comes to winning game day. Cain's rules raising Cane's chicken fingers. One love go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the players lounge. Why am I setting? Okay? All right? We getting get off the show.
Speaker 3: Bicky Everson back, They don't do this to me man, Okay, all right, Cowboy Nations, It's time to get giving.
Speaker 2: It's time to get the giving season going.
Speaker 5: Tune in to see country music superstar Lamy Wilson and a special guest but Born during the Salvation Army Annual Red Kettle Kickoff halftime show this Thanksgiving on Fox. Every donation stays in the community to provide help and hope for those in needs. So tune in to watch the Cowboys, Giants, and Landy Wilson this Thanksgiving and give today at the Salvation Army USA dot org.
Speaker 2: Thank you, that's not cigarettes. That's we man, I got a new droft for the show man. There it is.
Speaker 3: The last time I was in training camp, NFL Network was out there, oh man, and one of the hosts looked at me, come on, say it. No, not saying it, say it. I've never heard of I've never heard that one smoking.
Speaker 2: So that's a drop. That's an l A drip. That's a drift. They using l A two s. You gotta hit me out of it. Yes I did, Yes, I did, Yes, Yes I do. I got an Emmy Award for that one. So thank you very much, San Francisco. I love you. Left my heart in San Francisco.
Speaker 5: Wow, that is funny. I'm telling you what, Hey, at least have moments. This is one.
Speaker 8: I like it.
Speaker 2: Guy's gonna miss me when I go.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, that right there, that's funny sometimes, you know that's that's funny.
Speaker 3: Cowboys taking on the forty nine ers This week it's Santa Clara, California.
Speaker 2: It's legalized illegally. Listen. That was different. That was they went home.
Speaker 3: They mixed it up, telling you man, tell you, oh man, I don't do that, but I will tell you and you go see him.
Speaker 2: You're gonna do that. Guys, go see him. I don't do it.
Speaker 3: But me and one are getting smoked out. Wait one, I mean one wasn't complaining Ela Yo, Normally I wait till the pregame meeting. But I did go get some food, some cheer brother one man, boy on.
Speaker 2: One's not coming with me this weekend. One ain't coming. One mad about that? Yes, boy one, come get it back. Come on now, Chris, this is your fune sniper. Yeah, sniper, that is the sniper here.
Speaker 3: So our concern level right now at the Detackle spot, going and up, going up against the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: Where are we at here? Because you got two weeks to get ready.
Speaker 3: I mean they cannot sit up here and bust you for a buck fifty or buck forty with you two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: You have to be ready.
Speaker 4: Yes, when it comes to the interior defensive line, I'm not as worried as I was when they went against Detroit.
Speaker 2: I'm not that worried.
Speaker 4: I would say from one to ten, I'm about a six and a half seven when it comes to the worry level of this interior defensive line because to me, you know, San Francisco.
Speaker 2: They may be able to run the football. But I don't think they can solely run and beat you, not in this game.
Speaker 4: I don't if you had CMC Shore, but Mason, I don't think can go out there and hit you over the head for two hundred some yards and beat you.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna least you hope, at least I hope.
Speaker 4: At least I hope, And I think it's gonna take more than just a running game to beat this Dallas team.
Speaker 2: And in my opinion, you're gonna have part.
Speaker 4: He's gonna have to put the ball in the air, and that's where I think you can take advantage of this forty nine ers team.
Speaker 2: So to me, there's a slight worry.
Speaker 4: He may get over a buck twenty, he may get around buck thirty, but I don't think that's gonna be able to beat you.
Speaker 2: Because I do.
Speaker 4: Think if this offense can get rolling, they can be able to put some points up on the San Francisco defense. And it's gonna take more than a running game for the San Francisco team.
Speaker 2: To be good. All right.
Speaker 5: I worry about this because you have not been able to stop the run period. I mean, the Cowboys ranked dead last in a lot in the statistical categories that matter. No team has made it to the Super Bowl with an offense that has been dead last, and running in a defense that can't stop the run just doesn't happen. I mean, You've had some teams like the twenty fifteen Denver Broncos with Manning, that offense didn't have nothing, but what they had on the other side was superstars.
Speaker 2: And this team isn't built that way.
Speaker 5: And I think as you go into this week, the one thing that you're trying to find defensively is who is going to be that guys we just talked about being leaders, Just who is the guy that can help this defensive front get stops?
Speaker 2: I mean, Osa, DIGGI Zor.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter whether it's Manzie Smith, Chauncey Golston, everybody has pulled the Harry Houdini disappearing acted one coin on exactly.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: We talked about conveniently, conveniently it certain at certain times, and I just think that's that's when you guys talk about the depth for San Francisco and the guys that are going to be missing. This is one of those contests that you say, look, guys, y'all should be up to the task because you know what they don't have. You've been facing these guys before when they've had all of their weapons, and you know what that task looks like. But look, Jordan Mason, they still have trimp. I go back to Trent Williams. To me, Trent Williams is the baddest left tackle in the NFL, and all of the other four guys feed off of that. They're like, they follow behind him and the boom box. Then they come down on the field because they know what they're getting with him, right. And so this running game, no matter how it looks, no matter who's back there running, you still know that you have an offensive line that's going to be getting downhill and coming after you. And so I think when you have a Cowboys team that comes and you have the tape, it's not like you don't have the tape to see what they look like against other offensive lines that don't have a stuff left tackle, that have a bunch of guys. I mean, I don't think that anybody on the Saint Till you talk about the Saints offensive line, and there was one guy over there, he was like, oh, my god, you gotta watch out for this guy, that guy, you know, but Seul and Decker and Detroit. What I mean that was again, I can't get over that. That's the last thing image in my head. The last time I seen my defense was against those guys.
Speaker 2: And so that's best line in the league.
Speaker 5: And so I look at San Francisco in this running game, and especially with Shanahan, and I'm like, he is going to hit right now. The whole premise of their scheme is going to be We're gonna run the ball guys first down, second down, third down and force these guys to stop us, and that they can't. If they can, then good.
Speaker 2: And I will say this. You know, last time they went, you know, against the against the Niners.
Speaker 4: The CMC really didn't kill him like that. It was you know, the mix of a Deebo Samuel with these screens. You know, Kyle Hughes check over there with the screens a little bit reverse to Debo CMC sprinkled here in there as well. To me, all they can there's no other you know, secondary pieces that you can kind of have that extended run game with. You know, it's Mason right now in the run game. So you're gonna pop up and throw that bubble screen too. If d Bowl's not there, who's gonna be that quick slant guy like you. He's not there, Kittle. You know he can, he can, he can damage you a little bit, but I don't think he's a guy that can beat you.
Speaker 2: And That's what I'm saying to me.
Speaker 4: This is this, to me, is a very winnable game because I feel like they don't have the pieces that have in the past really damaged that Dallas Cowboys defense in the pad, Like they had a reverse guy, they had a guy that can just throw a bubble screen and v boats make guys miss. He taking sixty. They don't have that guy anymore. They got possession receivers that need route and they need party to go ahead and dial it up.
Speaker 2: And I don't think he can do.
Speaker 3: That right now, see start starting coming on over, man, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, man, I see it.
Speaker 8: Hold no.
Speaker 5: And And the thing is I'm trying to make sense is that if I'm saying a hand I don't even care about any bubble screens. I don't care about any reverses. I'm not trying to do a hooking lab and all of that versue. Guys, you won't see Trent Williams doing no hooking ladder this Sunday night. They gonna line up and they're gonna run downhill. It's not gonna be one of those. Now, they're not trying to trick bag you to death, because I think it is what killed you in Baltimore. Henry killed you.
Speaker 4: But also the threat of Lamar Jackson was another reason that that kind of killed you. When you look at Detroit, they had the best offensive line in a dual back that was just unbelievable in those two guys, so to me. And then when you look at New Orleans that was you know, Kamar went off, but also they hit the explosive plays that went that's on that situation.
Speaker 2: So to me, when you look at it, man, it's.
Speaker 3: About Matchupah long, Yeah, they ain't too good.
Speaker 4: It's not about matches, man, I don't I just don't see San Francisco having them.
Speaker 2: So whatever, what have you seen?
Speaker 5: Just literally, what have you seen from Brock Perdy in this offense? That is he still the same guy that you you thought he was last year and the guy that's working on this big contract as a quarterback I feel like he's.
Speaker 4: A guy that he needs those pieces around to be unbelievable. Like we said earlier this year, he was he was playing well, but not without without it.
Speaker 2: They don't. He doesn't stop buying into this right now. You know where you want to go. You want to come with you want to come with that Monday. It's a winnable game, it's right there. Don't don't let him try and talk about it. And this is position. It's a weird position to be. It's a very So you got the matchups, you got your.
Speaker 4: Whole offense is healthy and this is what trying to go.
Speaker 2: It's time to go. Trust me out about y'all.
Speaker 5: Is that y'all only talking this way because they have they y'all not you know it was healthy.
Speaker 2: I would not be saying it, you.
Speaker 3: Know, but it's not who you play is when you're playing it. Right now, they got the match so there you go.
Speaker 2: So the sheet have been technic now from what we had, it's all changed. It's okay.
Speaker 3: The show right there, man, Barry Church Harrison think got a new squgs.
Speaker 2: Thank you Chris Beams sniping from above. Appreciate you, Joshy Jazz.
Speaker 3: We'll talk to you tomorrow two o'clock right here on dallascowboys dot Com.
Speaker 2: Reader.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.