Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros MLB. This is leading off live. It is b Joey p joe Pizzapia with me. Of course is the Welsh, and it's all of you, the pnuts and the Crackerjacks here on our twitch twitch dot tv slash Fantasy Pros. That's where you can watch us live every noon eastern Monday through Friday, and of course you can watch us on demand on our YouTube channel, Fantasy Pros MLB. Subscribe today because you might win yourself a Jose Ramirez jersey from Pristine Auction. That's right, boom, look at that bad boy. Only a few days, ten days left to win this. How do you do it? Subscribe to the channel, drop your comments below and ring the belt. It goes ding so you don't miss that piece of content on the channel. End. We can let you know if you're the big winner of the Jose Ramirez jersey. Welsh. Good to see you, my friend. As always, we had a loss in the entertainment world yesterday. I know you're a little younger than me, but George went from Cheers passed away yesterday, the beloved Norm. I don't know if you ever watched Chi Years and Syndication or have you ever a Cheers guy? But it was the yesteryear of when sitcoms dominated. I remember as a little kid, I was allowed to stay up and usually Cheers was on. I remember on Thursday nights, and I didn't really get any of the jokes, but I just wanted to stay up late to watch it.
Speaker 2: That's what I Yeah, I definitely saw like episodes of Cheers. It wasn't my thing. There there were some of those shows that like I have a visceral just hate for when I hear the Mash theme, I just I hated it. As a kid, I hated Mash everything about it. But I just didn't understand it.
Speaker 1: That's why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, maybe, but I hated just the you know I.
Speaker 1: Go to bed. Yeah, well I just ask your mom show that's weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah she does. She goes Christopher Welsh. I didn't like that show, but it was in the same vein and not that I hated Cheers, but it was just I didn't understand. I didn't get it. It wasn't my thing. It wasn't one of the shows. I was actually ironically more of a like Nicked Night old show. So when people are watching Cheers and Mash, I'd be watching like I love Lucy and you know.
Speaker 1: Dick I love. I grew up on that. My mom was a big Lucille ball fan. But also you know, George went was the super fan, right, you know do Bears? I mean that classic A loss in the comedy world, for sure, and some wins and losses. Yesterday in the baseball we're gonna get to the injuries. We're gonna get to the rookies and more. Let's start with a bird song. Hayden bird Song. Uh, and you could tell everybody he's Hayden bird Song. He's a pretty good picture now that it's done. He gave up one run, zero, earned four strikeouts, five innings. Any takeaways from Hayden bird Song yesterday?
Speaker 2: Yes, the bird song was a singing Slider's really good. Got twelve whiffs, thirty three percent with rate. He ended up having a thirty four percent csw which is really solid. It just all came back together. He threw strikes, he was throwing pitches in the zone. I don't know if there was like monstrous with stuff in general, but he was touching. He hit ninety eight. He was sitting ninety six, which looked really good. It looks like there's going to be some more strikeout ability in there. The pitch mix just it was. It was awesome. It was good because we had talked a lot about like how you know, Hayden bird Song is in the rotation, he's one of the you know, and they had thrown him into being a reliever. If he's in there, he's he's gonna be a guy we're gonna want to pick up and probably started streaming. Five hits, one run, no oh, it was an unearned run, four strikeouts, no walks, only five hard hit balls against him. I think a very very good showing in and outing as somebody that borders that like streamy hold on maybe probably a hold on to right now. Let's see if he can get through a couple more starts, but very very good outing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of questions flying in today too, in some comments too. As he thrasher Logan Henderson went from streamer to part of my rotation. You're welcome. Sure. I feel like we were the ones here that were really on the Logan Henderson train. At least I was you're still Miserowski, which, by the way, there's a question here about Misserowski. I want to find it here because do you believe this is from Joey? Do you buy Miserowski's improved controls super two keep him down? Is that the only reason at this point he's hitting over one hundred miles an hour on the radar gun. I think we're gonna see him in mid June. I think the Milwaukee rotation at the end of June is gonna look very different than the end of May. That's my take.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I was Logan up until just recently simply because I thought Misserroowski was going to be destined for the bullpen because of who he was, So Logan Henderson was the guy that was going to get the opportunity in always really good command. But Miserrowski has I think I talked about it on the Prospecting episode from a week ago, that he's also changed his pitch mix. He's moved his VLO down about a mile per hour he's thrown. I think it's more sliders that he's throwing right now with the fastball, and we've seen huge command uptick and I think that's for real, Like they obviously made these adjustments, so he could attempt to throw more strikes and less walks, less balls, and he is doing that. So I think this is huge. Dude through like one hundred and three at the end of you know, at the end of one of his last starts. So like, I think he's going to come up, and I agree with what you're saying. Did they feel one hundred percent comfortable? Yet clearly they don't. That's why guys like Carlos Rodriguez or are going to come up, because they're going to have to make like a concerted move because I think when Miserowski comes up, he's up for good. And I agree with you. I think the start of the year rotation, it's going to look funny different in about you know, three weeks where like Woodriff's back and I think Misserowski does get in that rotation. I still think it could be like three weeks to a month, but I think he'll be there because clearly Tobias Myers is not there anymore like he was optioned to gain. Like he is out of that thing, So we can let that go. King Tana is hurt, Chad Patrick, it's Peralta and Woodroff who have a lock right now. And then I think the rest is kind of open for the taking. And that's why I think Logan Henderson is locked to the rotation. So you know, hat tipped everybody that picked him up. But I also think Miserowski can take that.
Speaker 1: Here Sin seven strikeouts, five innings for Logan Henderson. He went over his k prop. Dylan Sieze went over his k prop. Stupid Spencer Streider did not so mad. I almost had the three for there. What are you gonna do? Bryce Harper and the Phillies had a good night three for five, two doubles, two rubies for him. Kyle Schwarber hit another home run. Hazus Lozardo ten strikeouts of course the Rockies, but whatever, good night for the Phillies, good night for Aaron Judge. Also, he had a sixteenth home run that leads the American League. Yankees won five to two over the Rangers. Tonight. You get Jacob de Grom pitching in New York for the first time in a long time. That should be fun. I want to talk about Abner Uribe. He picked up his first save yesterday. He struck out the side against the Orioles. He is a one point one to nine ERA one point one five FIP, thirty two strikeouts, just ten walks in twenty two innings. I mean, Euriba has been dominant and I know McGill is the closer there, but in your deeper leagues were holds and you know the counting stats that come along with your rebay. Do you think he's worth having in a fifteen team league right now on your roster.
Speaker 2: I think it's a good speculation. Saving holds makes a lot of sense. He's got almost thirty five percent K percentage, which probably keeping him down a little bit is the walk rate. It's over ten percent. You know, if you're going to be closing games, you got to lower that gap here. But I mean he has been Guys are not barreling against him, They're not hitting the ball hard. When they are, it's a career low. It's just the walks. The walks are better than they have been in the past. But as soon as he starts to show I think some consistency in that area, it's going to be a lights out change. Because it's an over fifty percent with rate slider. I mean, it is one of the better relief sliders out there right now. He's just got to be consistent as he throws a four seam sinker and doing that. But yeah, I think he's a good speculative save guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Thrasher pointing out to course is no longer the scary place. Remember, he's like, oh, I can't go throw a starting are out and Corus Field not anymore. So let him go out there, because at least they're gonna come ouver with strikeouts. For that abysmal lineup, they're just so bad, so bad. It's time for everyone's favorite segment in the show, Joe st Damas, because the Nationals are calling up Robert Hassle the third two eighty eight, three thirty seven, four or five slash, four homers, nine steals. This is you know, got exasperated timeline wise because Dylan Cruz has an injury. He's gonna get n R I on the lower back. So that's not good for Dylan Cruz. But maybe a little break regardless, isn't the worst thing for Dylan Cruz. Maybe a little rehab start, a couple of weeks off, you know, maybe take a cruise, a cruise, cruise a Dylan Cruz, a little cruise, maybe around the cruise. Yes, remember a Booze Cruise for all the guys named Cruise. That would be fun.
Speaker 2: How many different cruises could we get in baseball? There are u Z, there's L E cru c R E w S. Do we have a Tom like a Tom in baseball? We don't have a Tom Cruise in baseball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody who's sick.
Speaker 2: Trying to get all my cruises.
Speaker 1: Can't believe He's in his sixties and that Mission Impossible movie is coming out this weekend.
Speaker 2: He looks it. He's looking the part like he does the stuff. The guy said he's gonna do it till he's one hundred, and I completely believe it. I think I think Tom Cruise is going to die on a movie like That's how it's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get to the rookie. Lookie Nick Kurtz two before with a two run dinger. I saw the homer. I don't know if you saw. Welsh was opo, which I like. That's a really good sign. Driving the ball the opposite field is a good sign for Nick Kurtz. So hanging there.
Speaker 2: About Welsh tra damas about we stop worrying and bitching about Nick Kurtz.
Speaker 1: Though in all fairness, you said he's in twenty. Worry he's in too seventy, and then we sitting two twenty a week later. I think that's when I started to get a little antsy. But Gunner Hogland five runs, five strikeouts. It wasn't great for him, but he was scoreless for the first three innings. Then a hoppy in a home run and they left some guys on and the inherited base runner scored. So I don't want to kill Gunner Hogland in this start too bad, because I know he's been one of my guys too. I think it was just a rough night at the office for him, unfortunately against the Angels, not the greatest team, a team that doesn't have my trout right now. But I'm not jumping ship or dropping him, so just hold tight. Bad starts are gonna happen. He's a kid, it's a tough ballpark. Balls are gonna fly out of that place.
Speaker 2: Let's show us your hoglin'.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I could do that on Twitch. I could try.
Speaker 2: Another guy's name. Was another guy's name yesterday?
Speaker 1: What the guy?
Speaker 2: You read it off?
Speaker 1: The guy with the Ryan Weathers Follow Welsh on Twitter if you haven't because he tweeted something hilarious. Yes, oh that yeah, during the Marlins game, a Ryan Weathers moment that I had.
Speaker 2: I was like, sitting here, I had one of those moments. I had MLB TV on and I'm just I'm not gonna say what he said, but I'm just sitting here doing some work. I can't and I'm doing some work and then the B and I had it, you know, not headphones blaring, and the announcer said something which was a little bit of a slip of the tongue, and I went, huh, what did he say? And then I had to rewind it and I was like, he just said that and it was live. So I was like, oh, I can be one of the first on Twitter that's gonna post this because everybody else will out there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, go check it out too much. Ronnie Mauricio is back. He's played for Triple A, so he was activated and said down. So he was three for five with a solo homer Tuesday. Do you think at some point you're gonna see Mauricio because he could play a little third, he could play second, he can play the outfield. I'm curious to see where they play him at Triple A because Vento's has struggled this year a little bit. The second base has kind of been wide open, They've had some injuries in the outfield. Do you think Mauricio could be an option for the Mets at some point?
Speaker 2: So? I think he was playing. I had a friend who was out where he was rehabbing. I think he was playing third base. Him and Jet Williams were there, So I think that's where they're gonna go. I do think there's a possibility you're gonna see Mauricio. I just don't think it's gonna be with the Mets. I think he's the perfect prime trade chip. Yeah, get him out. I'd want to move him for Yeah, I'm starting pitcher. You've already got Luisan Helcune, You've got Viento's, you've got Beatty, you've got Jet Williams that's coming up soon. I just don't think like the path makes a ton of sense. So I think if there's a right buyer out there, Mauricio is probably a pretty decent trade chip. I mean, you know it's not gonna be the lite we didn't get you move past it, but incredible by the way that Every single piece of the Jan Soto trade is going to be like is active on the Nationals roster. And if we get a start in the next couple of days of Mackenzie Gore, every single piece will be playing James Wood, McKenzie Gore, cj Abrams, and Robert Hassel. They were all traded for James Wood looks like one of or not. They're all traded for Wan Soda. Looks like one of the most lopsided trades of all time, especially for the production that you're getting out of. I don't think there'll be that type of regret with a Ronnie Mauricio. But you compare Ronnie Mauricio with maybe another piece or two and you could probably get a pretty big haul out there. So I think we do see Mauricio this year. I just don't know if it's with the Mets anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know what the Mets are going to be looking for too. And it's so funny the hyperbole of the hot take New York Sports radio that's going on that I see clips in my reels of the fake outrage about Juan Soda. It's so dumb. It's freaking may He's going through a little slump. He's got the classic. I signed a big contract.
Speaker 2: He's got a hustle.
Speaker 1: Joe thought. He's fine, He's fine, Okay of this generation, if not the best air of this generation. He's fine. It's fine. He'll hustle when it matters, you know, when you're you know, Look, do I want him to hustle out the ground balls when they're possible? Yes? Do I want him? Am I gonna freak out in May because he's cold a little bit after an emotional Yankee series? No? No, in fact, this is a freaking out a little bit not does it?
Speaker 2: Does it looks like real worried.
Speaker 1: I'm not worried in the slightest. In fact, I'd like to acquire him everywhere. I'd be standing out trades all over the place for Wansoa right now. If people are worrying about the investment they made, which.
Speaker 2: I'm literally gaslighting. I'm trying to I was just trying to gaslight you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not gonna work. Roman Anthony launched his sixth homer in tripa A yesterday. Also, you got to help me with this one. Welsh. I know they call him password? Is it? John Steen Johnson Nixon Garcia, Justin Nixon.
Speaker 2: This is the this is my nemesis, I think is Justin Nixon, just Nixon Garcia. But we call it. We just called him the password.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like it. If his name was Ya Snixon instead, like yas Queen. I'd rather do that. I think that would be more fun. Yes, yeah, Snickson Garcia. In fact, that's what he's gonna be on the show. Three run homer for him. He just got promoted at Triple A recently also did a Triple A. I'm throwing this out there for the deeper league homies out there watching the show today. Alan Roden, who broke camp with the Blue Jays, struggled at the major league level, got sent down, but he's been raking since he got sent down. Two for three with a solo homer two walks yesterday. Check out the slash Welsh three eighty six four to sixty six eighty two, three homers in ten games since he got demoted. I don't think he's gonna be down there too much longer. The question is where does he play when he comes back up that that's the tricky part right now. But Rodin is crushing it right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rodin was like an early season potent. I think I think he got some early run in the season, so yeah, yeah, for sure, and.
Speaker 1: I had to cut him because he just wasn't getting it done unfortunately.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think he's definitely a guy to monitor. Lee's killing me asking Welsh how to pronounce a player's name. I could watch that for the entire show. You know, I am quite a bit better than anybody else on getting minor league pronunciation, Like everybody on the planet was doing the Keller nick thing and I had to correct everybody. But to your pointly, you're not wrong about that. That is just a jumbling of letters. I actually had. There was a I'm forgetting his name, but there's a Royals prospect the other day when I was out there, He's got kind of a similar ish name and it was like Yoniker and I was like, that is that how you say it? And he like was like, yes, that's exactly how you say it, and I was like so proud of myself, but this is just a bunch of letters that don't feel like they fix. And I mean, I gotta be honest with you. You put an X in somewhere. Well, shan't go and give it to you.
Speaker 1: In all fairness, that's pretty good. It's spelled j h O s t y. Then it's an n x.
Speaker 2: O N so it's like a HOSTI Nixon jehostin. It looks like it looks like Cali spelled this with the Jay in the fund.
Speaker 1: It's completely Cali spelled Johosty Nixon Garcia. I think that I think that's it. That makes sense to me. Justin Nixon, justin Nixon a whole. Anyway, let's get to some more of the questions we've got out here. Here's a question from Joey morning Fellas up been stashing bezign at a four year keeper league with hopes of twenty twenty five call up. Should I bail with the I l used net. Yes, he hasn't been great, and on top of that, I'm fine with that.
Speaker 2: He's well beyond anything else. He's he's out for eight to ten weeks, so he's out for quite some time. He's gon't actually be out here in Arizona rehabbing. That lines him up to maybe come back in August. Tell you right now, prime AFL candidate, like this is the type of guy that's coming to the Arizona Fall League because he's gonna miss. If he misses through August, you're gonna have to put him back at Double A. You're not gonna quick time, because sometimes there's a weird thing that happens in like August September, where you'll get guys that go to levels that don't make sense just for playing time, you know. So you have a guy that's a clear high, a guy that goes to Double A just to get some extra games. He's gonna miss a significant amount of time. Was also kind of struggly. He will be in the AFLU this year. I can almost parent the AFL. Yeah, so you can cut bait in any type of redraft leagues.
Speaker 1: Thinner is up next year. Would you drop Canning for bird Song? I would not.
Speaker 2: Canning is so tough for me. I want to look at his numbers real quick because he has been so good.
Speaker 1: It's a way we have updates on him and Montoss later in the show, but he's still weeks away nowhere clothes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you just look at like Canning two four seven era, even if he regresses down the regression A three seven five expected era is pretty ain't good. Strikeouts are up from last year, walks are kind of stable ish, like this just looks like a lower even at worst, like a lower tier like fantasy pitcher. So bird Song maybe has a little bit more strikeout upside. But I think Griffin Canning is way safer. He's also performing at this level, So yeah, I think I would go Canning, but my boy Jack Boyce asking Canning has Dodgers next. I don't think I would want to start him against the Dodds.
Speaker 1: Fair but I don't think I want to drop him for bird Song either. What has a question? This is a good one, Boom Shaw or Bias the rest of season. I'm gonna put my money on Matt Shaw. I'm put my money on the kid. I've seen enough Alec Bohm in my life and I don't like it. I don't enjoy it. Javier Bias, I don't trust. Matt Shaw does not have a baseline for me, and I think that's what makes him most intriguing, because I don't like the baseline of the other two guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's Shaw. Sorry, favorite basis very stupid. I don't, I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm you know, from the Red Hot shows Peppers.
Speaker 2: I don't know what anybody played outside. And I was a music guy. I used to work in recording studios and I my one of my big fame thing was hanging out with Slash. But I don't know what anybody plays. It's really bad, It's really bad. I would go with Shaw there. So you asked me that, like, what is crap? What's the Morello stuff? Oh you've been Rage against the Machine? Yeah Rage?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well but he's a guitarist, right, not a basic guitarist correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See, I'm not good to that stuff.
Speaker 1: That's okay. That's why I'm here. So you you worked with Rage against the Machine? Is that what happened here?
Speaker 2: No? I hung out with Slash. I used to work at a recording studio in La and I worked with an engineer who worked and showed us all the tricks of how Rage did recording. That some cool stuff out there. I hung out with Slash. I got Slash what a burger or not?
Speaker 1: What a burger? In and out?
Speaker 2: That was how important I was at the studio.
Speaker 1: It was very funny though, like I to do some cool stuff in my day, Clank. It was very like telling stories to my kids.
Speaker 2: I got some stories about the ones. I I'm done with those stories.
Speaker 1: I got nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing interesting at all. Lieutenant, don be just subbed with Prime. Thanks lieutenant. Remember if you suffed with Prime, you get access to the home run channel and you also get rid of those annoying commercials when you're watching live on Twitch. So do that. I want to talk about Cherio too, He's in the notes. What do you do with Cheerio, Jerry? We're gonna get the cheerio in this next section. We like to call three up and three down. Yamamoto seven showed out innings. He was flirted with a no no for a little while there. Nine strikeouts, thank God for him, and got no decision against the Diamondbacks, but eventually they did get the win. Say Suzuki had a big night order the Cubs offense. Ooh we we were right to be on that one yesterday. Say yes, Azuki three for five with a homer, a double, four ribbies for him and a walk. I beat the Marlins fourteen oh one. H Marlin stink and Will Warren. I was just saying nice things about just yesterday. Another great performance. Ten strikeouts, a career high in just five and two thirds innings against the Rangers, the down Spencer Strider boo four runs, four and a third fun that though, Welsh, I don't know if you know this. Six career games against the Nats A five to eight e ra A. Why do the Nationals of all teams own Spencer Streyder? Can you explain that to me? No?
Speaker 2: That it's my favorite thing on the planet. I love obscure things where like a singular player either dominates or struggles against, you know how, what was it Isn't Aaron judge against like the Blue Jays.
Speaker 1: Like against the Orioles is the greatest?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it is, like Hall of Fame career if he just played the Orioles. And but I think I love even more players that get just dominated by a specific team for no really apparent reason, like.
Speaker 1: Joe McEwing who used to own Randy Johnson. Like Joe mcewing's lifetime buying average against Raany Johnson was like five hundred, and it wasn't a small sample size, it was like an enormous ample size. And he was like, I can't get Joe mcewey. I love you, but that, But Spencer Streyder is dominant and the Nats in Striders you know run, which is relatively new. They haven't been a very good team. They haven't been very good.
Speaker 2: Life Why well, okay, but I think this might have been more also about because I'm pulling this up, This might have been just more about like where Streider was at because his pointed out in the chat. You know, Strider's velo was down. So let me pull this up here. I mean to make a lot of contact. They're not like a big strikeout team. I think that's what helps. I mean, he's going off of whiffs Strider year over a year, and I'm looking at it. Zilo really wasn't crazy down. It was like a little bit less than half a mile per hour. So there's not the nuts.
Speaker 1: But his max.
Speaker 2: It looks like his max wasn't hitting. I mean, his max was ninety seven. We know Strider can pump.
Speaker 1: It up to three weeks, and he didn't do a rehab assignment, so his.
Speaker 2: And his fast anyone. Well, and I think there's fastball right there, like he's not hitting those max velos. He only had an eighteen percent whiff rate on the fastball. The rest of the pitches looked okay, but you can't when you're a fastball slider guy. You can't set up the slider if you're not just banging the fastball ninety eight ninety nine pass. So it's like on average, he was there, but he wasn't touching on the high stuff. So I don't know something to watch. But yeah, it's a high contact team. It's just I don't know. He just don't.
Speaker 1: I feel you ever worked in the adult film industry, that would be your name, Max Vilo. That would be a good via adult film name for you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Great, there's another segments. Are we gonna do it? Thirty thousand subs?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the dress up like Max Vilo that day. Hello, Oh, Jackson Curio twenty one years old, hitting just the bucks seventy one twelve for his last seventy one homer sixt deals. It's not been good. The month of May has not been kind to Jackson Turio. And on top of it, I don't know if you saw last night in that game, he hit the wall hard going for a catch. Is that word part of the wall where it kind of jets out and he just went like headlong into it. He's stayed in the game, but it did not look good. I was a little worried about him for a second there. He hit that wall hard and he's at all. It's a metaphoric and a literal wall that he's hit in the month of May. So what do you do with Yourio?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking here too. It's a really weird thing. So like, and he's not striking out a bunch more. He hasn't been walking all year. It was very like early last season, like what Corbyn Carrol was doing too. Barreling's about the same. The one thing that immediately stands out is you see that on average he's hitting the ball three miles an hour less than usual. And what is happening though, is that's coming from mainly anything breaking, not fastballs. And then when because because here's another weird thing. He's got eighty five percent contact, Yeah, thank you Jack? Now, yeah, he's got it eighty five percent. Zone contact rate is three percent higher than last year. So he's making more contact, but he's hitting it less heart by about three miles power. So where is that coming from. It's coming from sliders and secondary pitches. He's hitting only two thirty five against sliders. Last year he hit three nineteen boom. That's right there. Max vilos are way low against anything non fast ball as well, so run values are down and that has created him being an absolutely horrendous fastball hitter. He had an it was a positive forcing fastball run value last year. It's negative four. So he's hitting sliders with poor contact and he's not hitting fastballs at the same rate, only two fourteen. I think it's all changeable. I think it's all fixable. Contact zone contact rates are higher. He just needs to start getting a little bit better quality of contact. And they have this new metric on savant which is a tack point which I want to take a look at, and it's really it's really interesting.
Speaker 1: Possibly add another statistic.
Speaker 2: But it's actually really good if you start correlating it to a few other pieces, and it's about at the point of where the bat from a degree angle is getting to the ball. And there's some science in it of like what is elite and I would love to see year over year data. So all of this is to say, like, I think there's some clear cut issues. I think he's a by right now. I'm going to buy in for a guy that is not striking up more, making more contact in the zone. It's just got to be a little bit better quality. And I think we've seen that before. So yeah, I rambled on while you were giggling.
Speaker 1: I was giggling only because you said max VLO And now I know every time you say that, that's what I'm gonna think about.
Speaker 2: So I'm max VLO and your ex plug xxx plug.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I don't want to go that far. Uh, but the maximum head looks like an X plug, So oh does it now? Oh? Does it now? I like Jackson Curial the player. I think that whenever you have a player of that age too, you'really gonna have these peaks and valleys. You know, last year at the beginning of the year was rough for Churio. His second half was really solid. I think everybody just was gonna look forward to say, Okay, we're just gonna you know, we're the second half, that's all that matters, and it's not. You know, there's more adjustments. The lead's gonna keep making adjustments to you and you got to keep adjusting back. I wish he had a little bit more help. I think one of the things is, you know, having Willia doomas be as good as he was last year, and Contreras in that lineup last year it really helped Cheerio Hoskins has been okay, Contreras has picked things up. But you know, I think Willie Adamas being out of that lineup is not quite the same same And I think he got to protect the kids, can.
Speaker 2: Protect the children and he and it's just you know, the secondary stuff like this is not an uncommon thing.
Speaker 1: That's the thing is you wanted to see more strikes, right, you wanted to see more fastballs. That's what you wanted to see because that's going to put him in a better spot to succeed. And the when we do that is with better lineup protection. And that's just basic stuff. And I think the line of protection is mid right now for him. It's mid. Tanner Scott was the last down three runs to earn the blown save against the Diamondbacks. That's third blown save. Or we're starting to get worried about Tanner Scott at all.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess because they have options. For a minute that I thought you were gonna say the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 1: How many options they have? Well, that's that's a different story. Is different.
Speaker 2: I'm immediately he's about to start, you know, going on a tangent about Shelby Miller and all the and Tory Leavello. But I don't know. I mean, they got Kirby Gates out there, They've got they've got some options in the bullpend that they could go to. But I think Tanner Scott's still the guy. I mean, they still pulled out the win. That's one of those things that like Nic Gates, those blown saves for a lot of these teams where they're like, we got out of it and it's not like you're going to start losing your gig. So I think Tanner Scott's okay for right now.
Speaker 1: I think Michael nailed it. It's Max Vilo and Bruno.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's it, Bruno Pizzapia the XXX Blog.
Speaker 1: All right. Uh, if you're looking for the X factor in your league, how's that for a transition? Use my playbook. Dominate all of your leagues with my playbook, the most powerful suite of tools you'll ever find. Make better decisions, manage your lineups, and win. Import your team and get custom fantasy baseball news, rankings, and analysis. Sink your league for free today at fantasypros dot com slash MLB My Playbook. What are you waiting for? Download the Fantasy Baseball My Playbook app. Today, let's get to the injuries. Just yesterday we're recorded saying nice things about Ronealo Blanco and is expected Era being a run lower and he kind of snuck up on me and now he is a hurt elbow soreness. Back to Houston. Boo. Terrible news for Houston that rotation. Excuse me, They've had so many injuries just crazy. Jacob Wilson was removed Tuesday. He has a forearm contusion. Uri Perez I was gonna make his next minor league rehab start at Triple A. Well she I love this news. We're moving up the Triple A already.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And you know, you know what's weird is the narrative keeps being like Euriy Perez would be back in June, and you're and you're like, well, well he should be back soon. That's like nine days, that's a week and a half away. So I think he is minimum two starts in Triple A, maybe three. But just another reiteration. If ury Prez is sitting out there, go and pick him up, because.
Speaker 1: He is going to be out right now in CBS, he's what forty percent of leagues, he's available in CBS.
Speaker 2: I go go pick him up. He's going to be back in about two weeks. It's the prime, prime time and worst case scenario. Let him get a couple of good starts in and you can move him if you don't. If you're not, like, hey, I don't want to be invested in like a Marlins pitcher and stuff, move on from him, but go pick up Uri Perez. It's a It's like having above a Chandler who will never come up never ever.
Speaker 1: You know that'll be it's almost anti climactic. When he does come up, could be like, oh great, yeah, Bubba Chandler. Awesome.
Speaker 2: I think there's a tv D for Thursday, but I don't know if they already made a move.
Speaker 1: Can get him all June, I told you, I don't care. I don't care about talk about passive aggressive Tyler Glass. Now through a bullpen session and Otani remains without a date to begin facing hitters. So he's still just doing side stuff. So hot take, hot take. Maybe Otani doesn't pitch it all this year in a game. Maybe he just continues to rehab.
Speaker 2: You count the playoffs as he doesn't pitch at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm saying all year. I'm saying I think I think they give him a clean start to ramp up, and he continues all this throwing and all this stuff, and then next year he's in the rotation. I think, I think from the jump, I think that's how you do it.
Speaker 2: I don't think you give me the playoffs. I'll take that bet because I think he pitches in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Fair fair enough, Uh, Jazz Chisholm is gonna resume hitting off a high velocity pitching machine, not a low velocity one, high velocity one. Why they had to specify that, I don't know. Like why Mike Trout said he won't require a minor league rehab assignment before being activated. I think that's a terrible idea, Welsh, What do you think? I mean?
Speaker 2: I'd like him to come out here and hang out so we could become best friends and he can join the best friends board. But I guess I see what you're saying. He's been with the big league ball club this whole time season, veteran. Maybe you should take like two games. But I think there's also a tiny bit like we cry and complain about, like, you know, don't waste the bullets down. You get these guys, Brandon Woodruff has been down it seems like for three years, and it's like, stop it. In the same token, we don't want them to waste anything in the minor leagues. They might also feel a little bit of that, like, hey, there's only so many games we have on Mike Trout for the season. Don't waste any of it in the minor leagues. Let him readjust it the major So I guess I kind of get it. I'm a little bit indifferent about my feelings on it because I could see them doing two or three. But also, you know, one wrong tweak of the back and it's done. Don't do it at the minor league level, because you'll even get criticized to a whole another degree.
Speaker 1: Also, you Hadmaya was going to throw an up and down bullpen session. So you get up, you throw, you sit down, you get up, you throw. Frankie Montoss is going to face hitters on Wednesday in a live VP session in High A and Max Scherzer remember him, Remember mac Scherzer. He threw a whole thirty three pitches on Tuesday, which brings us to today's Microsoft Chasing Challenger segment. Just like the athletes who push boundaries and redefine what's possible, business decision makers today are turning challenges into opportunities, and Microsoft meets you where you are with tools and guidance to help you make an impact with safe, secure AI solutions. So whatever challenges you're facing, Microsoft empowers you with the expertise to say, bring it on. And today we're gonna bring on Max Scherzer because I want to talk about how this guy's been stealing money for the last couple of years and basically riding into the sunset in his Hall of Fame career just swindling teams. He's been stealing money from the Mets and still the Nationals, who are still paying him the last couple of years, and the Texas Rangers. In twenty twenty three, he stole about fifty million dollars combined from those two teams. Last year, twelve million from Texas, thirty million from the Mets, and another fifteen still from the Nationals, so pretty penny for him. And this year in twenty twenty five, so far he's stolen fifteen million dollars and how many pitches as he thrown at the major league level? Not enough? How's that for the answer? So we'll see when mac Shurzer rolls around. But why don't you just call it a career? How has this guy continue to just pull the wool over the eyes of organizations that he's got anything left in this body? Because he doesn't. He's a great pitcher, he's one of the best competitors ever, but he's done. Stop wasting fifteen million dollars every year on Max Surezer. And that, my friends, is today's Chasing Challenges segment. So hopefully you'll avoid the challenges of rostering Max sures or remember Microsoft's AI solutions of power you to take bold steps and new ideas to help drive your business forward. With Microsoft as your trusted partner, you can navigate your journey with confidence, finding innovative solutions and reaching new possibilities. Visit microsoft dot com Slash Challengers to learn more. Welsh Over Under five and a half starts from Extures with this year.
Speaker 2: Oh I will say o no, yes over over. But he will also be starring in Mama Mia two, so they can do the money money. Money ain't as funny. It's a pictures World. Yeah, that was Mama Mia.
Speaker 1: I said, I just watched it. I believe you.
Speaker 2: Oh I I just watched it on Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: My daughter, my oldest daughter, just watched it on the plane ride back from Arizona actually ironically from hanging.
Speaker 2: Out with you, and it's a pictures world.
Speaker 1: See you got Max Vlo, you got Mama Mia today. What board do you need from a program? Cheers, cheers, references, all kinds of stuff. All right, you know what I thought of something you could use. It's the best Bets of the day with Joey p and the Welsh. Let's start the best bets off today with a banger. Let's start with San Francisco. The run line minus one and a half. Let's go plus one twelve on that with mister Webb on the mound. That's right. Web has been terrific and Logan Webb getting the strikeouts, getting everything you need. He's at home. He's been fantastic, he's been dominant, and the Kansas City offense has been rough all year. One of the lowest ops is as a team. So I'm gonna go ahead, and I'm gonna think the Giants win this one comfortably. He had Walker working a clean night the other day too, so all things are solid trying to fall in line basically for the Giants. So give me the San Francisco Giants tonight minus one and a half on that run line plus one twelve with Logan Webb on the mound, Hunter Brown eight plus strikeouts, alternate line at plus one forty. I don't like the seven that they gave me, so I'm gonna move it to eight and take the plus money instead. He's been known to throw some nine burgers up there, and they need a Hunter Brown start in the worst way, starting with the Ronow Blanco news of his injury. So thank god for Hunter Brown and franber Valdez. Otherwise the Astros would have no pitching. I guess Spencer Araghety's gonna come back in a couple months, but we'll see. And then I'm intrigued. This is the first investment all year I'm willing to make on Jacob de Gram. The total of six and a half on the strikeouts he's in New York. I know it's against the Yankees, not the Mets, but still over six and a half minus one twenty two on the strikeouts. I like this one, Welsh. I think the juices are flowing. I think there's a lot of strikeouts in that Yankee lineup. Dea Gram coming off his best start I think of the year. So give me Jacob de Grom against the Yankees, Welsh, what do you have for the people today?
Speaker 2: I'm with you a little bit better odds. I've found Jacob de Gram six and a half strikeouts over against the Yankees. I'm backing two pitchers going against two powerhouse teams. But these are also two guys that have really found rhythm over the last well with Corbyn Burns. It's a couple starts Jacob de Grom, it looks like it's been over four or five, but de Gram over six and a half. Burns is down at five and a half. It's a little dicey because his last start he struck out ten awesome facing the Dodgers, where he had a great start, he struck out only five. Dodgers are about mid pack of the of all teams in strikeouts, but this is one of those that over the last two starts, Burns seems to have regained. He regained some of that velocity of that success. Five and a half is a perfect number, but they're giving you such big odds. That's why I want to play. It's plus one forty, so one forty on it. I'm really willing to take that risk. So five and a half strikeouts over plus one forty the other one. We have a little j situation. If you could find Atlanta on the first five money line at plus that'd be awesome. But most places the money line through the first five innings is around minus one fifty. So this is supposed to be Atlanta run line through the first five, which means they're up by one run. That's plus money or even money essentially. So I am betting Atlanta will be up by one run through the first five innings at plus one hundred. But hey, if you can find the money line, do it. Maybe those are my bets.
Speaker 1: All right, Everybody, make sure you're betting responsibly, and don't forget to go to Fancybros dot Com slash leading off so you can go to FanDuel. New customers can place their first bet of five dollars. If you win, you get two hundred and fifty and bonus bets. That's right, only on FanDuel at Fancy Brows dot slash leading off, and while you're at it, download the Betting Pros Free trial today. The VP app the best suite of tools you're ever gonna find for betting, and you'll get the premium tools for free for seven days when you download the app and use the promo code leading off. That means the prop bet cheat sheet for baseball, the betting systems, the same game parlay builders, Sharp Ai, and so much more. You want max Velo added to your betting experience, well, then it's time to get the VP app. Let's look at the home run board. See what's changed. They couldn't get a home run and Rice Harper hit everything yesterday except a home run. Walkee's at eighteen. Look at Marty at twenty one. Ooh ooh, we it's good. The Welsh is at fifteen. Marty's at the top of this board. The Sosa jersey from Pristine Auction on the line, and of course you can go to our discord fancypros dot com slash chat Welsh. Where are you going for your home run call today?
Speaker 2: I'm barely hanging on that board. I also like that we traded in the V for an A for somebody this week. So someone has a fifteen A, which maybe is a little bit better then the other fifteens. But I'm barely hanging on the board. I haven't gotten a freaking homer, I feel like in ten days. I don't know how long it's been. So I got to get up there, and I'm gonna go with my boys happening here very soon. Gunner Henderson. Gunnerson Henderson has also been just trying to get going. He's got one homer or I think in his last five or six games. But he is the number one on plus money for this game, and he's got some huge splits. It's righty versus lefties. Man, he's hitting one seventy against lefties but over three hundred against righty's. So I'm gonna go with Gunner Henderson today as my home run call plus three fifty on Fandel if you want to bet it, yep, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna go with Jake Berger in any bitty Yankees stadium. By the way, that that home run that Aaron Judge hy yesterday, what a freaking joke. I mean, wall Scraper and Ryfield, that would not be a home er. I don't think an he got a couple of those this year. We had a bunch of them every year and that's why everyone's, you know, stroking the Aaron Judge all the time. And he's terrific, he's amazing. But he does play in the most ridiculous ballpark. I'm sorry it does. He's Oh, Josie old Joseph. You know, he's Joseph Aaron Judge. No, I'm not. I just how many the Yankees stadium is such a joke.
Speaker 2: They've they've got that metric of doubters. So he has what is he got sixteen homers on Baseball Savannahs they've got three.
Speaker 1: R doubters actually.
Speaker 2: Only two, only two. But but here's his interesting He's got the second lowest no doubter percentage of his career. So that says like absolutely no doubt. I think it's like twenty plus parks or whatever, twenty five. Only thirty seven percent of his homers have been absolute no doubters. Across the board. Last three years it's been forty nine percent or higher. So that's something interesting in the maybe the betting market.
Speaker 1: Judge is having a fantastic season. I don't want to take anything away from him. I just hate the Yankees stadium is so ridiculous, and I'm gonna take advantage of it tonight with Jake Berger because Yarborough's on the mound tonight for the Yankees and Jake Berger. You're getting more than five to one on him for a home run. And I think he's looked good since he's come back up. Gets some support for Jacob de Gram. Big night in the Bronx for de Gram. That's what I think. I love that somebody just showed up into I think it was a positive. Grouch came back into the chat said sorry, I'm late. Give me the recap. There's no way, Grouch, You've missed a lot of weirdness.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, God long to tl d L. Cheers Mama, Mia Hog go to Welsh Twitter, Max Vlow Adult film, Sodo struggling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Max Sures are stealing money, Nie, we did any there you go. Welsh is an a musical move today. I like this. We're gonna end on this. Don't forget to subscribe to the YouTube channel. Drop your comments below. That'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids. Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, Follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB