Speaker 1: On today's episode Ticket of the Draft podcast, we have Fred's Smoot in the house and we are doing certified Ballers. We're picking six guys. First three are first round guys that are gonna hit, and the last three guys are third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh round undrafted guys we think are going to make rosters and make teams better. It all starts right now. Welcome into the Ticket of the Draft podcast. I've Logan Paulson here with Jessic guy Jason as always, and with special guests Fred Smoot. Our favorite show of the year, which is what is it Guaranteed Ballers that's happening today. But first thing is first Fred, Seat Geek pay.
Speaker 2: These meals, present it by seat Geek.
Speaker 3: This summer, Seat Geek has your ticket to the best live concerts in the DMV at Northwest Stadium. Seat Geek the official primary ticket in partner of Northwest Stadium.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, as always we say thank you to seat Geek and for all I do for the show. This show couldn't hat without them, so appreciate it. And a little bit of housekeeping, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So you know what the best seat in the house is going to be? Was that it's going to be Command Center on April seventeenth, when we find out who won the bet from the Guarantee ballers last year, which one of you will have to get on a knee in front of the other humble themselves. It won't be fritt On Tigeary. I can't wait to see this, Yes, Tiger, I don't know which one I want to see more because Logan, I know, just despises the thought of having to admit anything to you anything, anything, Yes. And then there's also the seventeenth is your birthday and you having to do that on your birthday with just ruin it and the hater and me kind of wants you really won't see. So I don't know it's going to be great for me either way.
Speaker 3: We had Wenday I know by Josh No, he don't being the need to know bad. Nobody to need to know bad. Yeah, so don't want to do that.
Speaker 1: And then also we have the seven round mock draft on one day, the twenty first, featuring Fred Smooth who's becoming a feature on this show, and also Jeremy Green, who we did the Quarterback tight End ranking show with. It was awesome and again can't wait to see you guys in the same room together. Yes, and all the hijinks that will ensue.
Speaker 2: Fun, definitely don't miss that seven rounds and that's.
Speaker 1: Gonna be just crazy. That's gonna be just for the commanders.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's alfa fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All right, So now let's get into why everyone's here. Yeah, and it's the guaranteed Ballers. So we're all gonna do guaranteed Ballers going to do a draft style. So I guess who's going to go first?
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, I'm involved this year. Yeah, yeah, I guess we're not betting anything because like somebody anything.
Speaker 1: Well, it'll be between Fred and I. Whoever whoever does better between Fred and I will do the same.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll figure something out.
Speaker 2: But uh so I don't know how to choose the order here. Last year I did it virtually by a coin flip and Fred hated that.
Speaker 1: So rock paper scissors, ready, rock paper scissors?
Speaker 2: Shoot, okay, So Fred goes first, all right, and it's snake drafts. I go, and then we'll just go down with the.
Speaker 3: First pig, the twoenty twenty five Guaranteed Bawlus Draft of Thud. Fred Smoot chooses and he's gonna make his stumby hurt Abdul.
Speaker 1: All right, I like that one, Fred. So I got a question for you before we keep going for him to get eighteen points, which I got from who was the guy last year for LA Yeah Brush, Yeah, Jared versus it was defensive rookie of the year. Yeah, only got eighteen points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he also only had point and a handst but.
Speaker 1: Still though, I mean defense, So like he's gonna have to be a Pro Bowl player.
Speaker 3: Well, when we say guaranteed ballus the one thing we could say, he's one of the few blue chips in this draft.
Speaker 1: So he is like in terms of defense.
Speaker 3: So I just feel like regardless, he got a track record to stay of healthy.
Speaker 2: That's one thing. They lost you points last year.
Speaker 3: Guy just one healthy one available, So he's one available. Two he has the talent, and three he's probably gonna end up in a team obviously of another guy that they got already got to do.
Speaker 1: This is one of the things that makes me nervous. I love the prospect. I love him. He is coming off a souldier injury. He does have a stress fracture in his foot that they found at the combine, so kind of coming into the season a little bit, a little bit banged up, Ye, a little bit, And you know, obviously I think he'll be fine. But that's one thing, Like health is a big part of this ball or so that was the one thing I was a little bit like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We haven't talked a lot about him because in our show we were focused mostly on the commanders. So why don't you guys tell me a little bit about him? What makes him so special? He's your number.
Speaker 3: One's relentless first of all, off of that edge he has been like the first thing when I when I see edge rushes, I want to know ken they being and ken they lean to turn this corner like because some guys turn the corner to get a sec. The great ones turned to Connor to get a sec for his fumble. He's one of these guys. I think he reminds me of Sean Merriman. Yeah, I mean Michelle, Yeah, They're built the same. The way they go about playing the game is the same. So if he if he got the attributes of a Shawn Merriman and he can reach that senate, I think he could be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. I think the thing for me when I watch him is his get off is tremendous. Yes, his get off is tremendous. He can stress the offensive lineman literally every single play because he's got such a great get off. And so I think that's that's where I just I love the prospect, love what he's gonna bring. He again, he feels like one of two true blue Chippers in this class. Yeah. So for me, I'm gonna go Cam Wodon. And that's not because I'm playing the game a little bit here. I'm playing a math game a little bit. So basically, Caleb Williams started all the games last year, got twenty two points. That's more than any defensive player that we had on our lists. Yeah, and so just if you're a starting quarterback for a franchise you think you're getting with me. Stinks, But but he's gonna play. Yeah, And like also a big metric in our way we kind of review this is he's gonna play. He's gonna play an offense held by helping by Brian Callahan, who takes care of quarterbacks. I think he's gonna build an offense around him. So I'm gonna say Cam wore for me, and again, like that's more. I'm just playing the numbers game based on how the scoring went last year.
Speaker 2: Jake. All right, so I have a question because we're doing a snake draft. I get two in a row and then it goes back and then you get two in a row. Right, we're not going like just we were going full circle. Do you want to do in a circle?
Speaker 1: Yeah, then I get i'd have to. I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, somebody gonna be doubling up.
Speaker 1: I won't. I won't.
Speaker 2: I'm just making clear because it's gonna matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So wait, so you're going, I'm going.
Speaker 2: I'm going, and then Fred's going, We're just gonna get this, keep the circle going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're taking two picks right now? No?
Speaker 2: No what no? No, no, not a snake right yeah, alright, who you got?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go Travis Hunter. I knew you. And here's why. Here's why I'm gonna try and double dip here a little bit, because you get point. I feel like he might play both ways, and if he does, I want to get the points. Yeah. I don't know. I'll probably figure out a way that's advantage. But The thing about Travis Hunter, the reason I think he's a guaranteed baller is because of the two way play, right, so something I think so. So let's say he comes in and it's kind of like when you draft a tackle, it's like, all right, well you didn't work out here, we'll move you on the guard. I think you have that kind of fantallic So come on in, let's see what you excel at. We're going to find a place for you. And he's such a goddamn good athlete. I think he's going to be good. He's going to be good at something. If it's both ways, if it's wide receiver or corner, I don't know, but I think whoever takes him, they're gonna have a plan for him, and he's gonna bomb.
Speaker 3: I want to thank you first of all, GM Jason for doing that plumber or that you just did. Yeah, it allowed me to make this next draft pick one. Yes, I already knew where I was going. First of all, running backs almost guarantee points. Right now, you're talking about a blue chip guy, all right, who reminds me of ab and Kamara. Yes, I'm taking Ashton jity Dale. I believe that if he lands with the Bears, Johnson is going to run him into the ground. No matter where he goes, He's going to get the care.
Speaker 1: So that's my one I answer. Do you have both my blue Ship guys? I said there's two on the Command Center podcast, which he did. I said, there's two blue Ship players in the class. It's Aston Genty Abdul Carter. And the only thing they get me a little bit nervous about Ashton Genty is he had three hundred and seventy five touches last year in college football. Yeah, that's almost one hundred more than the next closest player. So again, like he's going to come into the NFL be a little bit more physical. Is he going to be healthy for the whole year. I don't know, but I do have some reservations about him being healthy for the full season. And that's a reservation for everybody, but for those two guys specifically. I'm a little on the fence about it. But hey, I have a football player.
Speaker 2: Kid, he's all of a good football Yeah, he's gonna be so good.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be good.
Speaker 2: I was debating between him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, all right, so my term Yeah, all right, So I'm gonna go Colson Loveland the tight end for Michigan.
Speaker 1: Man, that's probably the first kind of major departure here, But I don't know. Man. Like when I went I went and reviewed all the pass Catchers, I really like Tech McMillan, like Matthew Golden, Kim Buca, like Warren, But I loved or I loved Love one. I think he just has the ability to line up in the slot one on a choice. He can work the scene. He's got that great speed cut like zach Ert does. He works his stems so well. I think he's in a tremendously high floor player. He reminds me a little bit. I'm gonna say this. I think he runs routes more consistently than brock Bowers. But the thing they made brock Bawer special was the yick and he doesn't really have that in his game yet. Like, I think, there's if you get in the right system, and so I'm really worried that he's gonna go to like the Colts, yeah Anthony Richardson and just have a disaster a year. But if he goes to the right system, like let's say he ends up with Sean Payton, the guy that knows how to use that body type. I think he could be really special.
Speaker 2: So all right, guys, this is a guy I've I've come a long way on. If you listen to this podcast, I think I know it is, it's Mike Green, Mike Green from Marshall. Fred. I know you don't listen to this show. So I'm going to tell you my comp for him. It's Bruce Lee. Bruce Lee Lee the moves. He is so smooth, He's got every move. He can punch you right in the face, but he also can duck and think have a move. Now. Might worry about him earlier in the years. You see him once upon a time in Hollywood. Yeah, yeah, well he's at Marshall. What if he runs in the cliff booth just get thurned into a car. But I'm starting to think it's this isn't a movie. He is actually The week is good. Yeah, seventeen sacks is crazy. I think he. I don't think you'll have that production in the NFL. But even if you take half of that away, that's good. That's really good. So I think he's going to be a very good addresser in the NFL. I think I'm going to get some points there, so I'm excited to take my I'm happy you took Mike Green yet again. You make the door.
Speaker 3: Open easy for me to walk right through the accident, steal stuff out your refrigerator.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed this because with you taking Mike Green there, I get to stay right there where I wanted to, right there in their little pocket. Warn all right, tight end Penn State. Understand my first three picks are electric.
Speaker 2: All right, I understand. I understood the mission. I understood what it is to me.
Speaker 3: He is very much a faster version of grunka Grunkowski.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's Foster, but I think he.
Speaker 3: Moves fluent, more fluent. You know, Gunk I always had this body.
Speaker 2: You know why he wears number for forty four at Penn State?
Speaker 1: Hot story? Is it because of a it's a it's a it's a Washington football thing.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it's because Wigans. His dad turned on tape Riggins when I was a kid and said, I want you to play like this. Yeah, so he wears forty four. Yeah, yeah, I know. So that's why I had to bring him all home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I'm going a tough spot, in a tough spot, and so my gut here is to go offensive lineman, because you're gonna get fifteen. There's two guys that'll give you fifteen points squared up because they're going to start the whole year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Or I can go special and again, like last year, I got a little conservative and it cost you. It cost me a little bit. It cost me a little bit.
Speaker 2: So because if one of those guys gets injured, you're in trouble.
Speaker 1: But we're only picking one, right, We're only doing the one because we're doing because I didn't say it's at the top, but we're doing three guys in the first round guaranteed.
Speaker 2: We're doing three top guys, and we're doing three late round. Yeah, so we're picking. Man, we definitely should have said this at the top of the show. We're picking six guys. Three of them are going to can be higher, higher pick and then we're going to try and reach for the.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I can get an easy fifteen here. Just get on base, Just get on base, or I'm gonna try something special here.
Speaker 2: Getting on base ain't good enough. When you got a home run, board's not you're special. No, Okay, I love.
Speaker 1: It because it's twenty two points. I know I'm gonna get twenty two, twenty two points. I'm hoping. I'm hoping Colson Lovelin is special this year. High floor guy. I'm gonna go Derek Harmon from Moregan the defensive tackle and I think when.
Speaker 2: You look at him that thank he just loust.
Speaker 1: He led the FBS an interior pressure rate percentage last year. Yeah, he does well against the run, which means he's gonna get on the field early. He's got great arm length, He's an incredibly high floor player. But also I think the peak of him is could be special. And so again i'll tell you who I'm who I was gonna pick here in a second. But I want Jason to do his pick too, all.
Speaker 2: Right, Travon Henderson for me please? Oh yeah, I don't think he's going to all past the second round, right, Like, so I got to get him here because this is my top watch. So I think Trayvon Anderson is dynamic and the offense that selects him is going to feel like they have a plan for him, like he's just the next piece. He's not. You're not gonna build a team around him to my point. So he's good. I think he's going to go to an offense that is already set and ready to go, so it's going to utilize him to get a lot of those points. He could be the best back out of this class, Like it's possible.
Speaker 1: Who's the guy from North Carolina? Gosh, Marion Amblin, I'm surprised to go Hampton him.
Speaker 2: I like Henderson, like I mean, I like Himpton a lot. I just think for the purpose of this game and the situation that he will probably go to and how he'll be utilized. Yeah, he's going to get more run. You feel like he's gonna be more explosive, more explosive.
Speaker 1: So before we continue, I'd like to know who else was kind of in reserve on your list. I've got a couple of guys that we didn't get to, but I'd like to talk about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I had a couple of Edge rush I did have Mike Green too, I did.
Speaker 2: I did like him. You know how I feel about Jaye Pierce Jill.
Speaker 1: So you know, yeah, well, see, if you could have gone forward, he have been your next guy.
Speaker 3: If I was gonna go age rush it, I was going to probably go Mike Green over him.
Speaker 2: But if he was taken, yeah, I would.
Speaker 1: And how about you, Jason, anybody you.
Speaker 2: Want Mason Graham. I was singing about a little ye.
Speaker 1: But I see the thing is Mason Graham's floor is like the ceiling of this room. But I don't know if he's going to get any sacks. Yeah, and you don't get Defensive Player of the Year.
Speaker 2: If you don't get.
Speaker 1: No, because Fisk was way is way more of a penetrating style like Graham is more of like a wrestler. You know he does. He does a great job with hands on he'll de feed double teams.
Speaker 2: But he had a.
Speaker 1: Very low pressure rate, very low sack rate. A little bit of it's the defense at the end. But that was an interesting one. I'm glad you brought him.
Speaker 2: Up and McMillan. McMillan from here, but it was landing spot for me. I don't know if he's going to have a quarterback or his situation that's going to get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the same thing I feel like with Colson love Like. I love him. I think he's one of the more refined pass catchers. But I don't know for me, the guys that are on my list that if we didn't get to where Malachi Starks, the safety from Georgia again, but he just don't put numbers. Yeah, that's right, so he's gonna be a good football Yeah. And then the two offensive linemen Armand Membu and Will Campbell. I thought, man, they are just as high of a floor as you can get. When I went back and watched film, I just like, both these guys are knocking out of the park. I had Samar Stewart on my list after Mike Green and Nick Gordon as well. So just to give you an idea, guys from Texas and there, yeah, that I think are really solid football players. And I Mecca, I'm meccha.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Donovan as a Rocker was the other guy from an ed rusher standpoint.
Speaker 2: I got a question. Yeah, so I don't think this guy is going to fall to the third round, so I'm going to throw it out there. But Josh Simmons from Ohio.
Speaker 3: State, Yeah, I almost went to about to tackle the tackle because I think he could be the best.
Speaker 2: Player in this draft. Yeah, he might work for that injury. He might be the bits value office blaman.
Speaker 1: In his dress.
Speaker 2: So that was something I was saying about offensive line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but the injury there was that kind of scared me off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Case again with the offensive line, you just seemed to play basically right, that's right. It's the straight fifteen points if they play. So that's where I went, Well, Will Campbell's going to play, member, guys going to play whoever's gonna drop them.
Speaker 3: Now, what makes these late round picks so hard for us is we don't even know if these guys gonna get on the field.
Speaker 2: That's why.
Speaker 3: That's why it's going to take a little bit a look with these next things.
Speaker 1: And I'd also like to say is if you come out with something crazy here, we can veto. Like if you're like, oh, I don't know, like the defensive tackle from Ohio State, Malik Williams. If you say Malik Williams, he's going to second round.
Speaker 3: Probably your mouth, No, No, we all know, like what the field is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so, I don't think I'm going to reach any.
Speaker 1: I've got a couple that are borderline. I'm just gonna say that the movie. You know, if you feel like you need a veto.
Speaker 2: What do you need a two out of two out of three? Yeah? Yeah, all right, Well, Fred, I think it's back to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Fred's back to you know, did he know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, inspect to Fred.
Speaker 1: Okay, Travon Henderson's wild, by the way, Yeah it's not wild. I'm just surprised.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take a ride back here because I think the points come with the running back. Yeah, but I already got asked in gent though, right don't I Yeah? Right, So so they're competing with each other now, yeah, we had no I'm gonna end up picking the late round back. I just know I am all right.
Speaker 2: So am I catch?
Speaker 1: You can't catch?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I like save you On Williams from TCU, but he can't catch.
Speaker 2: But if he gets his hands on it.
Speaker 1: Rock is a returner. Maybe. I don't know how you value that. You have to be pretty special. It's pretty special as a returner. Yeah. So for me, I'm gonna go David Walker from Central Arkansas as my uh my pick. I think he's borderline Jason, but I'm thinking probably fourth round, third fourth round. Wait, fine, fine, good, Okay, So dude is six to one, he's got short arms, thirty one inch arms, he's to sixty seven and I just went back so and getting ready for the show. I went back and watched every rep is at the Senior Bowl. I watched every snap of the Senior Bowl game, and I watched all of his pressures and tackles for losses from Central Arkansas. And he has atomic power and Jared Verse had atomic power. So I think some team's gonna draft him. He's gonna get into camp and just be bull rushing people's faces off, and they'd be like, we need to get him, and we got a final way to get him. On a fee on third down, He's going to get you know, five to eight sacks, play a little bit on first down, and have a very very nice rookie season. I hope he's a commander because again in the power, like so Jason knows this. I love Anthony Belton from NC State left tackle. And I love Jalen Travis, the left tackle for Iowa State. And I love Ozzie Tappillo right, the right tackle from Boston College. And this guy David Walker came out there and just was atomic bull rushing all comers. Just so you bring someone out here, bull rush to your face sack right, And I love that pastro style reminds me a little bit of Graham from Philadelphia Night. Nice.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, I have a couple here that I don't know where they're going to go in the draft, so I want you feel free to viato me. I have a bunch lined up. So if it's like, no, he'll probably be a third rounder, then it's fine. But because running backs keep getting pushed like, I don't know where these guys are going to fall. Yeah, I'm particularly very high on this player.
Speaker 1: So we already picked the running back, right I did.
Speaker 2: I'm going to take another one. Yeah, you run around? Yeah, I know, all right. Where will Skataboo go?
Speaker 1: I think he might be second.
Speaker 2: Round, third rounder, but I'll see these guys.
Speaker 1: Are going to fall. I'll let you I'll let you go. I can take a different running he was on my list.
Speaker 2: I don't think he'll be a top three round guy, all right. Skataboo reminds me of Austin Eckler in just that he don't give me that look. He's about the same size, and he runs with that same type of anger.
Speaker 1: Doesn't have the juice though he doesn't have the juice.
Speaker 2: Not saying they're the same, I'm saying that's who he reminds me of. And I think that when you he has good contact balance because he can people can hit him and he can keep going. Now, he invites contact, and he's a smaller dude, So I'm not so sure that that's always going to work for him. But uh, there's just something about this dude that I think he can make a good NFL career as a I think he I think he could do it as like we're gonna He's never gonna be your bell cow. But I think if you need to bring him in to spell a running back that needs a break or two, he can come in and put together some two pretty strong drives or a part of like a committee.
Speaker 1: Loy, here's my fifth running back.
Speaker 2: He's a good player, man, He's a really goodel good I think he's undervalued. Has great hands, yep, so he can be a threat there. I think he has enough wiggle to make people miss.
Speaker 1: Just be interesting to see how the league feels about him if they can. If he gets on the field, that's the question with him. But again, like I think he's.
Speaker 2: A if he gets on the field, I think he's one of those guys that just has the mentality and the grit that he is. He's gonna he's gonna to find his way on the field, and that'd be hard to take off. He's one of those guys if he's in your running back room, the running backs are saying, I can't let this guy hit the field. He's gonna be a fan favorite and he's gonna win the coaches overs with that attitude. Yes, so it's got to be for me, all right.
Speaker 3: With the next pick, I'm going to the defensive side of the ball, to my position. I think I found a guy that actually plays a little bit like I used to play Kobe Bryant.
Speaker 2: Kobe Bryant, and you.
Speaker 3: Know how I feel about Kobe Bryant the basketball player, So they just made this fit even more. Kobe Bryant, I think will get on somebody's field and with the passion he plays with, I think he will eventually become a starter in this league. Now how fast it happens, I don't know. But whoever draft this kid gonna have a plan for him.
Speaker 1: I love it. I mean, I think I like him better than Kroon Lacy. I'll tell you that right now.
Speaker 2: What I don't need you to like the people in my building.
Speaker 1: This is my building, Eh goodness me? All right? So I'm gonna throw a name and we can veto this one if we want.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wanted to go Alfred Collins. I think he's a sure fire second round pick defensive tackle from Texas. So I'm not gonna even say that one. Next one would be Omar Norman Lot from Tennessee. I looked up some stf.
Speaker 2: The only reason I would push back is because I think so many of these tackles are going to go They're they're going to like push up?
Speaker 1: Does that thing push up? Let's talk about the back is gonna push down? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm saying there there are so many good backs, but the value takes down. I'm saying so many teams are going to pick defensive lineman that he'll go up. But I can say, I'm not gonna What do you think I'm not gonna veto it.
Speaker 1: I think I'm not gonna beat I checked last night on you know, like what is it mock draft database? Who's in seventy two? On Takathon he's seventy three, So like could he be a second round pick? Yeah? So if you guys want to beato. I'm okay, but I love this player basically so borderline, borderline, second third round pick. I think he's the best interior pass rushing defensive tackle honestly, like just he's got the juice. He doesn't play a lot of snaps at Tennessee, but if you can get a rotation, get on the field. He's explosive, he's got great length, He's got the ability to be impactful as a rusher, kind of in the same way as Fist was last year. And I feel a lot of his game and how he plays. I don't know how he is on first and second. He's okay, but he's crazy disruptive. You feel his length, you feel his energy, and so to me, like David Walker Oman Norman Lott, I think our guys are going to find their way into defense's rotations and play a lot of snaps. And I think, because of their past rush ability, at least in college, could make some place so cool. I got you, which, yeah, all right, Jason.
Speaker 2: You got okay. I'm gonna go wide receiver Tesz Johnson from Oregon. I am serious, serious, He's on my list. He's small, he's tiny, He's gonna get don't care. He gets separation, and he's done it against good schools. I watched every single target of Him's perfect for this, and it does matter. He's gonna go late. But if he hits, yeah, man, does he hit all right? And there's a lot of there's a lot of red flax. I'm not saying there. He's slower, he's tiny, like he's smaller than Tank, the whole tiny. Yeah. So I don't know how it's gonna work. But if he finds himself, say playing with his brother but Nicks in Denver, I think there's something here. There's just something about him. He does get separation.
Speaker 3: My next pick is very similar to that one of that might have a little controversy, but if you know my player.
Speaker 2: Well then then go with it. I don't need to sell people in ten Johnson to watch his.
Speaker 1: Watch his senior bawl like absolutely dicing people watching stuff with Oregon.
Speaker 2: Now I'm about to butcher this guy's name. We'll help you, right.
Speaker 1: I think it's a lyric alyric, a lyric Jackson.
Speaker 2: No alyric. I'm a minor of stamp it. This is who I was gonna take a man. Yeah, this demandor from standard.
Speaker 1: Your last pick, so good, gonna I'm gonna push back on this one as a second round player here.
Speaker 2: He might go second round, but I'm gonna give it to him because you just right.
Speaker 1: You do.
Speaker 2: He is all over the place. He's all over the place from some boys here in the sixth round.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll give it to him. But he got juice. Hey, he got juice, and I ain't talking about just vertical. He he had the ability to stop his starting a great play both you guys.
Speaker 1: Man taking it hurts me a little bit.
Speaker 2: All right, give me your offensive lineman logan.
Speaker 1: I'm no offensive lineman here. Everyone, chill out, Come on, come calm down, guys. I'm gonna go with another pass catcher. Okay, So I'm gonna say name Terrence Ferguson. We okay with him tight end from Morgan.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, suck ground pick. It's simmer Kyle Williams. Really and I can't sor right, he can cheat.
Speaker 2: I mean, you haven't taken a guy in the third or later yet.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say this, dude right there, I gotta play see me.
Speaker 2: Me and Jay is actually going out there on a lill like we're going on. It's fine, take it.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to win the game.
Speaker 2: Literally right as right here, right just right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, said like he's gotten when they get three.
Speaker 1: They get drafted in the second round, then we don't get the points or how does that work?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not saying that these guys are projected to go in the second.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, let's take a little bit detour. Look him up right now, all right, like right now, there's okay, I'll give you the Titan order based on most mock drafts. Tyler Warren, Colston, Lovelin Arroyo from Miami. Okay, then we got Mason Taylor, and then we got the kid from.
Speaker 2: You just took Omar Norman Lott. Yeah, he slidded it eighty eight.
Speaker 1: So that's a that's a third round pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we say it after the day. Yeah, we were I thought we were going I.
Speaker 1: Thought third later. That's what you said to me.
Speaker 2: Well this they say, it's fine, Logan, because we're trying to reach a little later. Like tes Johnson could be a six or seventh round. I'm not even dragged border line.
Speaker 1: I think you could be a third. I think it'd be a third round pick honestly. Yeah, but Terrence Ferguson were okay with the one.
Speaker 2: It's fine, We're not going to I want to talk about him. Yeah, yeah, we're not gonna fight you. So obviously.
Speaker 1: I like Titans.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 3: I just see you took a different approach than last year. I see you really really focused.
Speaker 1: Locked in this year. I'm locked in. So with Terrence Ferguson, to me, he's the best pass catcher at the position outside those top two guys. Maybe I like the guy in Miami maybe a royal, right, so you like him? To me, if you go down the list, it goes you know, Warren Loveland, depending what you like. I like Loveland more, you like Warren Moore or whatever, right, and then you go Arroyo. And then to me, Terrence Ferguson, I would put him above Harold Fanning Jr.
Speaker 2: And you hate Harry Fanning.
Speaker 1: I don't like him really. But again, we talked about this, right, it's the it's the body beal. Yeah, and he might be fine, he might be fine, But I think Terrence has that basketball Jermaine Wiggins. That's exactly right. We talked about that the Allowed podcast. So to me, like, that's where he's at. I really wanted to go test Johnson. He was my number one pass catcher for this position. The other one would be Kyle Williams, who is the kid from Russian State. But again I thought he might sneak into the second round. So that's why I pulled off that. I do think most big boards have Terrence in the third round. Yeah, but again, like.
Speaker 2: We see what you do, we see you approached.
Speaker 1: I just like good football.
Speaker 2: Me and Jay jumped in the pool.
Speaker 1: You sticking you to what are you talking about? Al you maynor Kobe Bryant, that's maybe a fourth round pick. Cam Scouta was probably I think he's.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna be later.
Speaker 1: But I think Ted Johnson is probably a third round pick.
Speaker 2: Ted Johnson good.
Speaker 1: I just went back and watched him and I was like this, this guy is filthy. He is filthy.
Speaker 2: I agree, But also he'll be a set of Seahawks. He'll be a sea out of Seahawk in the sixth.
Speaker 1: The only crazy one on here is Karen Lacy. That's a crazy one, and he's probably gonna be a baller because Fred picked him somehow. But that's a crazy one.
Speaker 2: This is the last pick, right, the last pick in this whole thing. Do I go with a quarterback who may never see the field?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's what it does.
Speaker 2: He could be pretty I think it could be pretty good running back that could maybe never see the field pretty good. I kind of want to take a quarterback just because if he gets on the field, but he's probably not. This is the worst quarterback trail from all time, I know. But I think he's good. I think he's good. He gets out there, he could be good. Listen and the brash out can I have like a line like a linebacker. I think could be good here too, But I don't know where he's going to go. Is poo is gonna be a little later?
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to take Chris Pooh Paul the best linebacker from moments. I'm going to see if I can't get some tackles.
Speaker 1: So let me just say this real quick. I intentionally steered clear of linebackers because it's really hard to learn the position and start early. Yeah, and there's another one.
Speaker 2: I I know it's really hard, but I'm gonna go. This is this is my hail Mary. It's the last pick. It's a hail Mary. But the dude's a dog. He's just a dog. If he sees the field, I think he's going to be a tackling machine because he's very good at tackling. Tackling is excellent angles. He's pretty darn good in zone coverage for all the linebackers. He's probably the best in zone coverage to get you on the field. And he hits with a thud man. He just hits hard. So I don't know. If he gets on the field, I think he's gonna be he's gonna be pick Make you earn your money is a GM. It makes you earn your money. It's easy to say you're doer, going to be good.
Speaker 1: And then gets on there. I got a couple of guys here that I'd like to give a shout out to, and I didn't pick there on my list. In case guys went so Xevian Jones, LSU defensive end, defensive tackle. Love how he plays Aldo from Yeah, Love how that dude plays. Where's he going to go? Dude? I saw something had him in the second round earlier.
Speaker 2: I don't know I wrote him down, but I was like, I'd have to take like I'm over Travis Hunter or something in this because he might go second round. Yeah. Hey, another guy, the DJ gidding.
Speaker 1: Its Oh yeah, he's on my list.
Speaker 3: From Kansas State. He's explosive, he's the Mighty Mouse.
Speaker 1: I like him. I like him. And then so Kyle Williams the receiver for me obviously, Jamiary Caldwell from Moregan the defensive tackle, the guy who's like three p forty, who's like six to one, remember Jason Dude. I love how disruptive he is. And then Caine Maderno, linebacker from UCLA Fred I think he might be the best defensive mover in the draft class. Yeah, he plays and he plays star linebacker, he plays middle linebacker. He can cover receivers, he can rush the pass.
Speaker 2: So he just a jack of au trace.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what should do with him. To me, he's like a perfect replacement for like Jeremy Chin, you know what I mean. That's a little bit of a projection. And then the other thing is he's not like a thunderous tackler. So I'm kind of like, I don't know, but I love those guys. I love. And then two offensive linemen, Anthony Belton FROMENTCI State. Yeah. And Jalen Travis, who the more I watch him, the more I'm like, he's going to play football.
Speaker 2: I just don't know.
Speaker 1: With both those guys, I don't know if it will be this year. That's what I like.
Speaker 3: Billy Bowman from Oklahoma, oh safety, safety.
Speaker 2: I think you can play. I haven't watched him.
Speaker 1: Yet, Dude, he's a little undersized, but honey badger is.
Speaker 2: Yes, but he plays football.
Speaker 1: And he had I think he led the FBS in interceptions this year. Is that right? That's that right?
Speaker 2: I had J T. Tuamlaw. I don't know where he's going to go, but I think he's a good player.
Speaker 1: Second round pick probably, Yeah, I would push on that one, right.
Speaker 2: But See, that's why I didn't take these guys because they're like the yeah, and uh Troy Horton wide receiver for college. Yeah, put him on there. And then the quarterback. I think Kyle McCord is actually pretty decent. That's what I'm saying. That's why I didn't take him. I don't know if you ever see the field, but again, I think he's one of those guys he gets out there. I'm not saying he's going to be an All Pro or anything like that or Rookie of the Year. But he can spin it.
Speaker 3: And I almost took tym Faelton Maryland. I guess he Yeah, he'll be at to the third round.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. I mean, he had a really awesome combine, really fantastic Senior Bowl. Really looked like a guy who could play, you know what I mean. And I think that's the thing with this receiver class, especially like I really wanted to go ney yor you know, the guy from Nebraska that I like. So ten Ris score thirty four inch, arms six four two twenty around a four four one. But can I just is this dude gonna play?
Speaker 2: Can think you want to make a repick already?
Speaker 1: I think you should do that, but you're not gonna.
Speaker 2: But didn't you say in one of our Command Center episodes you liked Brew McCoy from Tennessee Brow McCay here's a seventh round Yeah, he was my seventh round pick. Yeah, but I like those two more than I like Brew. All right, Well, he does have an elite name.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also de Kwon Thornton. That's or that's not Theakwan Thornton. Thornton from Tennessee the speed surf for Yeah, yeah, I think he would be an a shting guy, especially because I think he'll get on the field. But again with some of these later round receivers, you just don't know. Are you just gonna play teams the whole time? That's why I like, uh, I like how you may are because I think he's gonna play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got the body too, He's got big body to play that X.
Speaker 1: Who was your last guard, Jason, I forgot that.
Speaker 2: I took Poo Poo Chris, Pooh Paul. Yeah, linebacker, your boy from All miss Actually we don't.
Speaker 1: We don't have guys like that in your list. Is pretty sick. I like it a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just needs a hit.
Speaker 1: The Pooh one is crazy though.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Linebacker, the tackles, linebacker tackles. Yeah, this guy is he gonna play anywhere?
Speaker 2: Might he might not? You got it? You'd like you with your pigs last year.
Speaker 3: Don't forget you left Land McConkey out there dangling last year.
Speaker 2: You you started for a minute and a half talking about lad and then I talked It was like, actually.
Speaker 1: No, I do like that a lot. I also like Ricky Pearsow. I actually studied a lot for this one, Yeah, because last year I just kind of wing it, you know. But I don't want to do that. I don't want to do anything betting with Fred where I lose. Ever again, well we don't know that yet. Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 2: You want to run down these these real quick? You want to run through yours? Did you write them down for you? Fred? Do I need to read yours?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Read them out?
Speaker 1: So Logan. Logan's picks were cam Ward. I'm just banking on that twenty two man, that's sweet. Twenty two points. Colson Lovelin I think is the best pass catching player refined in the class. Derek Harmon, I think he's going to be super disruptive on the interior defensive tacking from Oregon.
Speaker 2: I am so rigular.
Speaker 1: David Walker from Central Arkansas. I'm expecting that atomic power bul rush to be coming through your TV for whoever drafts him, Omar normal Lot, I think it's fantastic on the interior. And Terrence Ferguson I think has great upside as a third.
Speaker 3: Round, yeah, which which we know he goes into sack and so he's maneuvered and cheated so bad.
Speaker 2: Fred, you have two Penn State guys on your list and you're but Fred, you had Obdua Carter from Penn State, Ashton Gent running back boys. I love that one again from Penn State, the tight end, Tyler Warren. Yes, Kobe Bryant spelled with his sea from Kansas. Yeah, and I'm so mad you got this guy, lag a Manor from Stanford.
Speaker 1: I like that one. Did raft Guru Jason? I like? Did Travis Hunter? I don't know, We'll see, yeah.
Speaker 2: Double see what Jason feels like. I'm gonna get points regarding it a good point YEP, So Travis Hunter from Colorado, Mike Green from Marshall. Give me a couple of sacks. Travon Henderson Ohio State, Cam Skataboo Arizona State, Tesz Johnson from Oregon, and Chris Poop Paul from Old Miss. I'm taking some swings.
Speaker 1: I think, yes, I actually no, I don't think so. I think Trayvon Henderson will get fifteen touches. If he's explosive, that'd be awesome, and then it's Camp Scattaboo is interesting because I think he can play.
Speaker 2: I don't think he'd get on the field this year.
Speaker 1: You don't think so that's that's the only thing.
Speaker 2: Is, Yeah, you just don't know. He's gonna get on.
Speaker 1: All my third rounders are gonna get on the field.
Speaker 3: If he a Green Bay Packer, he might get up the field. Yeah, oh your border laugh for they probably will get on the feet.
Speaker 2: I'm going to take note of where these guys go, not to like clown anybody, but just to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I like them, and I just went and I checked, and you checked too, Fred he said eighty eight, that's the third round.
Speaker 3: But we see you, Teter Tola, like me and Jay got we got some clear seven rounds.
Speaker 1: I think Cam Scott's borderline, I do. I think he's borderline. I think Ale Maynor is borderline too. Like I think he might be a second round pick. Kobe Bryant. I think it is a solid late third, early fourth round guy.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of variants though, Yeah, like that's the thing, Like I could see you say Tess Johnson could.
Speaker 1: Go in the third, I think so.
Speaker 2: I think he could go in the six or seven.
Speaker 1: I think it's all said and done. People are going to watch the film.
Speaker 2: That's not a knock it's just a variant.
Speaker 1: They're going to watch the film Dice in THEE round.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, say look at that. We're all seeing something different.
Speaker 1: But I'm excited about this and uh, I just think, yeah, Jason went, those are emphatically Jason.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the thing about being Freddy Newsom. See is Freddy Newsome.
Speaker 2: I take my.
Speaker 3: Time, and I tried to figure out scenarios where these guys could play and why would stay so Freddy Newsom, you know, I at the top of the totem poe when it come.
Speaker 1: To draft Freddy Newsome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm his nephew.
Speaker 1: All right on that. I think that's going to do it particular the draft today, and man, I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Tune in, tune in to see who has to bend the knee center from last seth him.
Speaker 1: That's it, that's it. This summer, Seekeek has your ticket to the best live concerts in the d m V at Northwest Stadium. See Geek makes it easy to catch world conquering tours and high wattage performances from your favorite artists all summer long. Seek has the best seat your seat for an unforgettable summer. From rock Royalty to rap superstars R and B to country, find it all on sea Geek, the official primary taking partner of Northwest Stadium summer concert season officially starts with sea Geek