Speaker 1: Hey, you made it to the podcast Welcome and we try a thing in December, Yeah, we did write what we do Alexis, We started putting awkward Tuesdays on a Sunday totally makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah day, and we asked you do you like it?
Speaker 1: Do you want us to keep doing it? Overwhelmingly people commented on our Spotify page that yes, please keep doing up. Definitely keep it up. I could binge this all day, and one person even said this is pretty.
Speaker 3: Mid Yes, I love a pretty mid guys jemming.
Speaker 1: List and you're stuck with your awkward Tuesdays on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And if you want to hear a full.
Speaker 1: Hour of our show, we do a brand new show every day Monday through Friday. Just go to the Briock and Jeffrey main feed. But for now, let's make things a little weird and get awkward.
Speaker 4: When was the last time you heard news that actually made you happy? Oh?
Speaker 3: Boy? Oh, you say the word news and I get to press.
Speaker 2: It does happen?
Speaker 4: And I know for Alexis it was when Claw came out with a flavor called Kickball Crunch.
Speaker 2: Is really exciting.
Speaker 4: Taste and find out. For Jose was getting his negative test results back. Yeah, that was a big day.
Speaker 3: For Brook.
Speaker 4: She was thrilled when authorities decided to hold off on the search warrant. But don't worry, Michael, Someday somebody will find you a promise. Well, today, one of our listeners is about to get some fantastic news because his wife went on a girls trip to Vegas and maybe one of the best things ever just happened to her. You're gonna find out what it was when we do your brand new awkward Tuesday phone call next.
Speaker 2: It's awkward.
Speaker 5: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 4: When you think of awkward Tuesday, I know a lot of us, including our listeners, probably think, uh oh, it's cringe time. Yeah, like when Uncle Ivan lost his tooth in the chocolate fountain. How do you tell somebody, Hey, I think you may have eaten my tooth.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's not a marshmallow floating.
Speaker 1: Yes, why is the tooth floating?
Speaker 4: Cringey for sure, But it doesn't always have to be that way on this show. For this segment and today's proof because one of our listeners, Jamie wants to share some surprising but good news.
Speaker 2: For once, we could be happier to help.
Speaker 4: So, Jamie, you do realize the last three people that we had on this segment cried after the show.
Speaker 2: So are you sure you want to do this?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I'm sure okay.
Speaker 3: And one of the people crying was me.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping that it's like cry with happy tears. I love crying that way. I mean, doesn't she have a surprise.
Speaker 2: Right, Hopefully there's no crying at all. That's what I would.
Speaker 1: Every emotion through tears.
Speaker 4: Okay, not everybody's as emotionally unstable as So let's ask Jamie, why did you email us for help today?
Speaker 5: Okay? So the other week, me and five of my close girlfriends we had to like get away. Its like a four to five day getaway. Fun for you, Yeah, thank you. It was awesome. We were in Home Springs and while we were there, we decided one day we were going to go to Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's my home away from home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean because like, Palm Springs is fun and there's like nightlife, but it's not like Vegas nightlife.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And we're just there for a day and it got to be eleven pm, so it's really late, and I was like, all right, good night, you know. But then my other girl my girlfriends though, were like, let's gamble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're in Vegas, come, you're going to bed at eleven o'clock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, why aren't you on the slot? Why are you sleeping? And you get free drinks while you gamble? All right?
Speaker 5: Well I was I, you know, I've never really gambled, and I don't know the rules. So I was like, let's just go to bed.
Speaker 2: Sorry, don't we don't mean to shame you for your trip.
Speaker 3: One friend in the.
Speaker 1: Group those is right, there's always the one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not one friend. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But he was convinced to go gambling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so then I was convinced to go with him. Right, And they're playing Blackjack, uh huh yeah, And I was like, I do not know this game. So I just sat at a slot machine. I just watched and I was sitting there for a while, and then all of a sudden, this guy I was pretty sure was carrat Top started hitting on me.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 6: Okay, if anybody doesn't know, carrat Top's been like performing, he's a comedian of prop comic in Vegas for like thirty years.
Speaker 1: He's like super muscly now, yeah.
Speaker 3: And they call him because of his red hair.
Speaker 5: Well okay, well it looked a lot like him, but it wasn't. I don't think it was him.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I mean it would probably be hard for Carrot Top to go anywhere in Vegas. I think that it's kind of iconic.
Speaker 3: You would have a team of bodyguards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I'm just sad how much we know about Carrots.
Speaker 4: Okay, So some guy that looks like Carrot Tops hitting on you by the slots.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know I wasn't having it, you know, because I have a husband and it's car Top looking like guys.
Speaker 1: So I know.
Speaker 5: I moved to a different slot machine, you know, away from my girlfriends, and I was bored because they were playing forever and so I decided to play the slot machine.
Speaker 1: As one does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how they get you.
Speaker 5: And all of a sudden, it started like freaking out, like it was like thing bang bomb, you know, like freaking going really crazy.
Speaker 4: What can I make those noises again?
Speaker 5: Bang bang?
Speaker 7: Whatever?
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm there. So what did you?
Speaker 1: What did you win?
Speaker 5: I won fifteen thousand dollars?
Speaker 6: Whoa and you we're going to go to bed that night.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, now the party's really odd. Yeah, that's top money.
Speaker 5: That is. I was freaking out in all sorts of ways, and I was away from my girlfriends, so they didn't even see that I want it. So a lot of stuff was going through my mind. Okay. So one, I wanted to tell my husband, but it's like way too late at this point because it wakes up really early.
Speaker 1: Well, who cares? You just won fifteen grands.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right, you know. I guess looking back, I probably should have just gone for it. But you know, number two, I wanted to like tell my girlfriends right away, but they would text their husbands because they don't care, and they'd wake them up and tell them, and then their husband would tell my husband. Okay, and I didn't want to ruin the surprise that way.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you could surprise all of them in the morning at the same time.
Speaker 3: That's actually cool.
Speaker 7: I like it the way of thinking, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So I was like, Okay, I'm gonna take the stub home because yeah, exactly, I think it'd be fun to come back down with my husband and catch it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Then you are trusting yourself to hold on to a little piece of paper that says you're owed fifteen thousand dollars? Are you joking me?
Speaker 5: I never put it down. It was like in my hands at all times. I was afraid to do good.
Speaker 4: And so wait, you you haven't told your friends or your husband about this yet?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I want wait, is this the awkward part? We're gonna call and tell them. You're gonna tell them?
Speaker 5: So I want you guys to help me tell my husband, Nicky, we.
Speaker 3: Are actually gonna make someone dead.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's just a bad time to let you know. We do have a fifteen thousand dollars surprise. Okay, now this is actually really exciting. We never get to deliver news like this.
Speaker 6: Hold on, it's still awkward Tuesday. We're not just gonna call and say, hey, buddy, surprise.
Speaker 3: Are we gonna like, we gotta give her some advice? How are we going to say?
Speaker 2: That's what our jobs are.
Speaker 3: We're going to play a song.
Speaker 2: We're going to think about what you just said.
Speaker 3: Bad news first, well.
Speaker 4: Thanks to some ideas, hopefully some better ones than that, and we'll come back. We'll give you our advice and let you make your awkward Tuesday phone call and tell your husband you just won fifteen grand and Vegas?
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, hold on, it's awkward.
Speaker 7: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's awkward, Tuesday.
Speaker 7: Phone call.
Speaker 2: Now, Yes, how.
Speaker 4: Do you surprise your husband with the news that you won fifteen grand on a slot machine during a girl's trip in Las Vegas?
Speaker 7: Excited?
Speaker 1: Do you want to just do like a trail of dollar bills to the bed and sends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess we want to be weird about it.
Speaker 4: I personally would recommend you hire Carrot Top to do it for you, but if you can't afford him, then you go with the cheapo. Sure, the much much cheaper option. Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah, you free ninety nine.
Speaker 4: We might not have cool, wacky props or big orange hair, but we have a secret weapon.
Speaker 3: What's that, alexis what?
Speaker 2: What's your idea?
Speaker 5: No, I'm the secret weapon.
Speaker 1: That's not good for you.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 3: What would I do to surprise someone?
Speaker 2: I would yep, so you get what you pay for with and Jeffy and she's.
Speaker 3: Going to spoil a surprise. I probably would have spent it all already.
Speaker 2: Is new because I bought it Okay, that's for you, Brook, Maybe you have something.
Speaker 1: Well, Okay, I just think you gotta be careful about the way you deliver this because you know, if my husband came home from a Vegas trip and said, honey, I have something to tell you, immediately, my gut sinks and I am having like alarm nis going off, Like I just think you need to lead with like this is good news.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll try to remember that. I'm really nervous right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is great. Tell him it's good news.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 2: Hey, what do you think?
Speaker 3: Mine's a lot more fun?
Speaker 6: You saying when you get on the phone, right, you tell him I have a huge surprise.
Speaker 3: But he has to guess with just one hint. That's when you start doing the jackpots sound effects.
Speaker 5: Yesses.
Speaker 3: Then you say yes, you're right, we got fairty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Yes, and if he gets it wrong, then the marriage is over an ultimato, Yeah, there has to be something.
Speaker 2: It's safe that way.
Speaker 1: You did listen to her jackpot sound effects. They don't sound like a jackpot at all.
Speaker 3: Well, who said it was going to be easy?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Maybe her husband knows her better than anybody, and understand what it means.
Speaker 3: More fun at least, right, at the very least.
Speaker 4: We have a funny sound effect that we can play in the middle, So that's going to be our backup plan.
Speaker 2: You feel ready to do.
Speaker 5: This, Jamie, Oh my gosh. Okay, so just smile and make their noises. Yeah, okay, we'll see what comes out.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm gonna die your husband's number and you can tell them that you're a fifteen thousand air now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay you.
Speaker 5: Who? Hey, babe, Oh hey, are you busy right now?
Speaker 7: I'm at work, but you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, are you having a good day?
Speaker 2: It's work?
Speaker 7: So yeah, yeah, yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 5: I actually have to tell you something. I'll try to make it quick. I know I told you that we went to Vegas, you know, me and the girls. But there's something I did not tell you.
Speaker 7: What What didn't you tell me?
Speaker 5: What do you mean me? Okay? Sorry, I'm like so nervous right now. I'm just I'm I'm really bad at surprises. I'm just okay. Yeah, just promise you.
Speaker 7: I promise I won't be mad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's something I didn't tell you that.
Speaker 7: Why why would I know? It makes you? I'm like scared. Now I'm like, did you did you like drunkenly hook up with someone?
Speaker 5: No, no, honey, I would never cheat on you. But no, there was actually this guy that looks like Cartop. He looked like him.
Speaker 7: I wasn't actually, Oh my god, tell me you screwed Cara Top.
Speaker 5: Oh my no, no, I did not have sex with carrat Top. I did not. Sorry, very disappoint.
Speaker 7: Yes, just tell me, okay.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, So wild, I was in Vegas. I actually tried gambling for the first time.
Speaker 7: Oh no, oh what You lost a lot of money, didn't you. No, No, no, I don't know. I told you. I'm not dipping into our child five two nine anymore.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no god, Oh my god, you're so dramatic.
Speaker 7: Right now, you're dramatic. Just tell me what happened.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, I didn't know what I was doing, but while I was at the slot machine, I ended up winning a bunch of money.
Speaker 7: Shut up, you did not.
Speaker 5: I'm serious. I want a really big jackpot.
Speaker 7: You're lying. There's no way you would have told me right away.
Speaker 5: Oh come on, I wanted to surprise you, and I didn't want to not any the girls because they know they would have blabbed their husband. So I waited, Wait, you're serious, I am.
Speaker 7: How much did you win?
Speaker 5: Are you sitting down?
Speaker 7: Yes? How much to be win?
Speaker 5: I won fifteen thousand dollars?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: Did you hear?
Speaker 2: Did the phone cut out? Say it again?
Speaker 3: Say it hasn't clicked yet with him?
Speaker 5: Fifteen thousand dollars?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I heard you. But who are all those people? What's going on?
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 3: Nick?
Speaker 4: Every in the morning, You're on the radio right now, and we're trying to deliver some great news to you.
Speaker 3: You want fifteen thousands go home from work right now?
Speaker 7: Alright? This is super weird. Baby. Did you know that they take like six grand after taxes? Like right there?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's fifteen thousand dollars? I mean, who can if there's taxes taken out?
Speaker 7: It's free money, dude, I guess. But she set it up like there was this huge jackpot. I thought she was gonna say like it was like a million dollars or something.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 3: Actually took her sales.
Speaker 2: That would have been better news. You are right, she actually.
Speaker 1: Set it up like she cheated on you in the beginning. If you want to and I don't know what happened there.
Speaker 3: Also, are you an accountant? You think of tax is a lot?
Speaker 2: Yeah, your mind went right to it.
Speaker 4: Wow, doesn't it sound exciting though, like she gambled for the first time and won a lot of money.
Speaker 7: I guess it's cool, But baby, you didn't You didn't cash it, didn't you.
Speaker 5: No. I wanted to do it together so we could like celebrate.
Speaker 2: That's cute.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 7: Now we're gonna have to fly out and spend more money just to get the money.
Speaker 3: But wait, lady, and did you know the manuarri was so yeah.
Speaker 5: I guess I'm have to do another girl's trip.
Speaker 3: What are you rich or something?
Speaker 7: I know we're not rich, but like, baby, literally couldn't even buy half a car for that amount.
Speaker 1: Ok yeah, okay, so you're telling me you're sitting at the jackpot it's not hers you and you went a fifteen grand and you're just like, huh, that sucks.
Speaker 2: Might not even come here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, it's it's fine. I was just I was just thinking the way you set it up, I thought it was gonna be like a million bucks.
Speaker 3: Like rich.
Speaker 4: Okay, I see what you're saying, Jamie. Could you go back to the slot machines and maybe try again get a million.
Speaker 2: We can do it better next time, Black, Jamie, I'm.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Yeah, I can do these sounds to be people.
Speaker 2: You know, you know what, you know what, you know what those sounds are.
Speaker 7: Nick R two D two having a heart attack.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's a pretty good slot machine jackpot sounds.
Speaker 7: Well, I uh, it's just you know, uh, we can go to Olive Garden.
Speaker 2: Bottom spreads. I mean, this is amazing.
Speaker 4: We found some way to take a very happy situation and make everybody angry with each other. Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning has that type of magic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we can frustrate anyone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So am I done? Do I still have to go on the phone with you guys because I have to get back to work.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, go back to work.
Speaker 4: Man. Yeah, Jamie, it sounds like you probably should have hooked up with that care top.
Speaker 2: Look any of the
Speaker 5: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning