Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty, arm Strong and Jetty and he.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty We listen. So I'm at do OT. I'm not in the energy sector, but from all the briefings I've had, once the straight opens, you'll see prices come down, come down immediately, and again there's going to be a tail to that. It's going to take time to get back to where we were before this conflict began, but you're gonna see I think, immediate relief once the straight open.
Speaker 1: And a lot of arguing back and forth between supposed experts, but they seem to be partisans to me, mostly on whether or not gas prices will go down right away when the when the war ends. If you hate Trump, you say no, it'll take a year before prices go back down. And if you like Trump, you say prices will go down immediately. And I don't know which is true. But on the topic of when the war ends, because the war will have to end, I think before gas prices are gonna come down. Man, it is getting hot today. So we came on the air as we record this podcast or we're on the airlive, depending on where you're listening. Trump yesterday announces that Operation Freedom is ships are going to start going through the Strait. He doesn't exactly explain how that's going to happen. Then, earlier today on Monday, two ships American flagships that had been stuck there since the beginning of the war, sailed through got out. That sounds like good news. Then a South Korean flagship gets fired upon. It looks like from the banks of Iran, somewhere in Iran k Pop indeed now a British ship or it's being reported by Great Britain for whatever reason. I don't know if it's a British ship. It doesn't say, but according to report from the United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations, an incident has occurred in the Strait. A vessel is currently on fire. No cause of the fire he's yet been determined. I suppose the cook could have had a grease fire as he's making the morning eggs it happens, or Iran has fired on a British ship. Now adding to that, looking at the first images from the UAE where there is a lot of smoke coming out one of their big cities an Iranian strike on their primary export hub. Iran is firing drones at the UAE, and they warned about that earlier, so who knows what that reaction is going to be.
Speaker 3: Like, the UAE has been hit with more ordnance than anybody else in this conflict.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, and I think, at least according to some of the statements from MBZ, they've about reached their level of tolerance for that sort of thing. Why Iran thinks that's a good idea to try to drag the UAE into the fight, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, boy, we could talk about that for a while. I don't think it's going to work. You know, it struck me when you were talking about the partisan bickering over how soon gas prices might come back down to earth. When was the last time you heard anybody dealing with the question of what level of pain is worth it to prevent nobody IRGC from getting a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 1: Nobody talks about that. Trump framing it in the context of what it's about, right that that should be the question. Man, Hey, Republicans, when you go on the Sunday talk shows, make make that the talking point or the point of discussion. How expensive would gas have to be before you'd think, you know what, Iran getting a weapon is okay? Is the way to present it, I think.
Speaker 3: And if people want to argue about whether they were going to or could or how long that argument?
Speaker 1: Yep? Gas currently though, and this is California. The circle K near my house six seventy three for the premium unleaded, it's awful close to seven Bucks diesel, which I put in my f two fifty seven forty five a gallon pushing eight dollars. What's the what's the regular? Is that probably like barely seven just regular six twenty nine for unleaded regular unload the premium six seventy three, yeah, wow wow, yeah, and going up. No reason to think it's going to go down anytime soon, especially with what's going on today. I assume that's gonna make the oil markets pretty jumpy. What's happening today? A couple of ships being fired on, UAA being fired on. Yeah, they go up, they go down. Ah, they're up right now.
Speaker 3: We had a lovely chat what was our three of the show with Mike Lions to kick off the hour. And what's clear is that everything is unclear. I have no idea this Operation Freedom. By the way, operation freedom. You gotta have to words operations some thing freedom, enduring freedom. I don't know what Operation Oily Freedom maybe in this case, or Operation super Duper Freedom. Operation Freedom is just too stripped down. But anyway, even more freedom, that's a good one. Yes, Oh, nobody sure what the hell's gonna happen or what Trump's plan is, or that has any chance of coming together. And normally I'd say, well, come down it, let it come together, and we'll describe what happened. But there have been a lot of pronouncements about the Straight being open and being closed and being open and then closed and then open again, and I just all sounds like crap to me.
Speaker 1: Well, Trump announces ships are going to go through yesterday, IRGC announces today the Strait is closed and starts firing on ships. It seems to me that we're at the point of, oh, no, you didn't. We gotta start bombing the crap out of them. We have to show that we're serious about kinetic action. Again. I think they're kind of betting on that because of Trump's poll numbers and what the Europeans are howling about and all that. Different sort of thing, that we ain't going to go back to what we saw that first week or so of Enduring Freedom, where we're bombing everything. I think they're counting on the fact that we won't go back to that.
Speaker 3: I might throw in a little when Trump goes to talk to shijiin ping Old Winnie d Pooh is going to come hard at Hey, you got to go easy on run.
Speaker 1: We need the.
Speaker 3: Oil, or we're going to take away your chips or your rare earth minerals or something like that. Hey hit me with forty five here, Michael, would you please. That's Kevin Hassett.
Speaker 4: You know, I go down into the set room many times a week and get briefed on what's going on in Iran. And they're an economy that's really on the precipice of extreme calamity. They are having a hyperinflation, they're starting to have hunger. The bottom line is that the pressure on the great American people because of these people who are like really intent on American and Israeli destruction. Whether their nuclear weapons are still in power.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the point. It's got to be part of every damned discussion.
Speaker 1: Man. That's the big question out there isn't it. Who's more right about the fact that they're about to collapse? Is it? We went through all these predictions on Friday, I think all the different Some publications say two days. Trump says two days, but there are some publications that say a week. There are some publications that say many months, and everything in between.
Speaker 3: Give me a second Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday.
Speaker 1: Yep, the two day prediction was wrong. The other ones I can't account for. Skip to forty seven.
Speaker 4: For me, Michael, the fact is that that regime has destroyed the country.
Speaker 1: Let me put it in perspective.
Speaker 4: In nineteen seventy eight, before the Ayatola came in, then the per capita GDP at it ran was about the same as for Japan and Italy. Now it's about the same as for Honduras. Right, So they've run that country into the ground. And that's before the straits were closed. So it's really really a country that's on the rock.
Speaker 3: You're Hondurans. They're like, hey, we're doing our best here. It's really hot.
Speaker 1: It's it's throw right on the equator.
Speaker 3: Quick comparing them to us, but that is something from Japan to Honduras.
Speaker 1: And aside that's unimportant. I believe when this war started most of us were saying the Straits of hormones. Then the tide seemed to turn toward the Strait of horm MoES for about three days, and then I feel like, having watched the Sunday Shows and heard that clip, the s is back and it's now once again the Straits of hormones, which I think if I look at the map, since the way it comes together to point, you kind of got this straight here, in this straight here and the point up there, I'm going back to straits.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm trying to come up with let's see, the dire Straits of horror moves they would play money for nothing? What dressed up in Middle Eastern garb. Right, it hasn't come together in my mind yet, but there's something there.
Speaker 1: Eh, that little Leftward's got his own jet airplane. Right, Well, let's see.
Speaker 3: You know, you got to excuse the gallows humor, folks, This conflict has been going on for.
Speaker 1: Two bods play. I know, I know that was a very good point that Hexeth made last week, and just we all got to calm down with our TikTok brains a sixty day war. God, the number of Democrats that I saw on the various shows yesterday and say, now we're you know, mired, the quagmire word and all that sort of stuff. Can you get miired in sixty days? Is that even a thing?
Speaker 3: And again, missing is the absence of the framework if the point is to deny an insane regime an atomic weapon, because they've signaled over and over and over again negotiation won't work with them, which they obviously could have done a better job of making the point at the very very beginning that that's what this war is. Because like day first couple of days he would say that, but then like day two he said, and it's oil. We're doing this for the oil. Oh okay, it's the oil.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The messaging has been horrible, true true fact. A Man, I'm gonna be following my open source intelligence thing all day long. I feel like the UAE ain't gonna allow their ports to be bombed. But man, if they start flying fire jets over I ranom bombing not coordinated with us, or maybe they would coordinate with US. I don't know. There's been talk of for the first time ever, the UAE might coordinate with Israel in a bombing campaign, which would be historic.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 1: All those doesn't have a ton of guys, but they got a ton of weapons. All those little Arab fiefdoms that have been vowing death to the Jews since before their grandparents were born, gathering together in the Emirates and deciding to fly alongside the Israelis. That would be something, but might happen today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, nobody knows. And again we're almost two months into this, two months.
Speaker 1: Whatever it is for domestic politics. If diesel in California is seven and a half dollars and everything gets transported around this country on trucks, everything's going to get more expensive. Inflation was already knock going to on our asses. Oh, it's gonna be the men, you're your right direction, wrong direction. View of the economy is gonna get even worse than it already is. And it's pretty darn bad if you saw the polls that came out over the weekend.
Speaker 3: But as Churchill and Roosevelt and Lincoln and Washington and everybody else would tell you, that's exactly why you've got to make it all the more clear to people. Why the pain must be endured, keep everybody focused on the goals. If the goal is noble and important enough, then the momentary discomfort just doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, their messaging is terrible. All right, it's enough of that. Is Jimmy Kimmel able to predict events? He made a joke about Rudy Giuliani dying apparently the other day, and now Rudy Giuliani is in the hospital.
Speaker 3: Okay, And then the Milania Joe because that's right, led to the assassination.
Speaker 1: Of Hurt right exactly. Maybe Kimmel's the Antichrist, not Trump everythink of that.
Speaker 3: Or maybe they're both the anti Christ, and the way they fool is by sniping.
Speaker 1: At each other all the time. Oh clever, that's tricky. We might want to remention some of those polls that came out over the weekend, because we are in a bad mood about the economy nationwide, but we've got lots of stuff coming up. Stay here.
Speaker 5: Three to two, swung on a pop fowl back here. They really hit me. I didn't know it was coming back that far. And Holmes read of a deal a ground ball. The third Donaldson squares throws the first end time ball game over Yankees.
Speaker 6: Yankees wo.
Speaker 1: That guy's famous for saying that at the end of Yankees games, and he is passed at the age of eighty seven. The legendary John Sterling took a blow to the head during the game but persevered an example for us. All right in a noggin.
Speaker 3: You know, as long as we're on the theme, Michael play seventeen for us, won't.
Speaker 1: You Gristlin Polkes won down the right field line and Bingch dies and makes it fantastic catch. Oh wow, Carson benj within a pulk Crtuninus play an a two man down of the ninth. I'm not gonna say it was polk Ratuninis, but I'm gonna take your word for it. That was an amazing play.
Speaker 3: Pulkratudinous, attractive, physically attractive, beautiful, I'll take your word for it. Like he did well baseball and folds at a fairly deliberate place at pay So you have time for Yeah, fourteen syllable words, look cut up words speaking of odd behaviors. We were in the previous clip and odd things happening. So there's a trial going on. Yeah, they're gonna they've they've indicted this woman, confusing headline New York door dash driver who allegedly filmed naked customer and posted viral TikTok has been indicted. And it's a man and a woman. And I was confused because I made some incorrect assumptions about what was going on.
Speaker 1: Here's the deal.
Speaker 3: This twenty three year old chick gets called to deliver door dash food. She gets to this guy's front door and it's like just the glass screen door, storm door, whatever you call it, and his main doors open. I guess you can see through it. And he's laying there pantless on the.
Speaker 1: Couch, which I'm allowed to do in my own home. Absolutely, you don't want to see it. Don't look.
Speaker 3: He's he's passed out, he's asleep. He's dead to the world. And so she apparently either a mischievous little pixie or pissed off that she's not gonna get paid and tipped or whatever, although I guess that happens in advance. Anyway, she breaks out her phone and like squeezes in and videos him pantless on his couch, puts it on the TikTok, and it's seen by how many millions of people thirty million views before it was removed. Wow, well, drunky Von Hungerstein is pissed off about this, as you might be too, and.
Speaker 1: They didn't have to be drunk, he could just be sleepy. Von Schlong is out.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, as it turns out, he had been enjoying a couple of adult beverages, which I thought this was America.
Speaker 1: Is it not anymore? Yes, it is.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So investigators later determine the man was passed out drunk inside his home. She initially, why did investigators need to determine that I can be naked on my couch for any reason? Well, all right, yeah, just because you like to feel of the upholstery. But so here's the problem. On a hot day, Oh heck, yeah, she puts out this video that gets viewed thirty million times, and he's like, holy crap, what's going on here? You got to take that down and you're in trouble, And she's like, he sexually asked me, sexually asked me.
Speaker 1: That's why I put out the video. Turns out, no, he was passed out drunk.
Speaker 3: They had no interaction whatsoever, and so she's being prosecuted for the unlawful posting of an intrusion of privacy video something something, because you have the expectation of privacy in your own home.
Speaker 1: If you a real hot day, that cold upholstery on my bared cheeks, it's just sooner. Oh the leather, it's nice and chili in the air conditioning. So I'm in my house, I can obviously do that. But I have windows. Can you take pictures through my win No? Absolutely not. How about if I'm on the sidewalk.
Speaker 3: Yes, And the legal doctrines involving like high fences and drones have now become completely incomprehensible.
Speaker 1: With that story for another day. I imagine Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: The president's announcement coming after another cargo vessel was reportedly attacked by multiple small craft off the coast of Iran. According to the British Navy's Monitoring Group, it's recorded more than forty incidents of vessels attacked, damaged, or turned back in or near the Strait of Hoe Moves since the war began, and says twenty thousand seafarers are trapped on ships which can't sail out.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, already today, a couple of US flagships have sailed out. Trump announced yesterday We're gonna start sailing ships. I think maybe what was going on here without an explanation of how he was going to do it. I think maybe he was coming up with causes Belly, a reason to restart the war. We're going to send those ships through. I know you're going to fire on them, but that'll give me what I need to start this all up again. To that point, Sentcom just announced that we eliminated six Iranian small boats this morning attempting to interfere with commercial shipping. That old story you just heard there about small boats running at ships, Well, we just blasted a bunch of amount of the water, similar to what we are doing in Venezuela. The UAE has again said that their air defenses are dealing with another wave of Iranian missiles that are coming in. All of this adds up to CNN is reporting right now that sources inside the administration have told them that a resumption of US Israeli air strikes is expected in the next day. So I wouldn't be surprised by the end of today. I don't know what time it is over there. It might be getting to be nighttime, but we in Israel are going to start bombing the crap out of them again, that's what I expect. It would maybe surprise, maybe with UAE fighter jets at the side of Israeli fighter jets, because they got to be fed up with this, right right, And it gets back to the whole question of if you can't eliminate all of their capability, you have to eliminate their will to use it.
Speaker 3: But maybe eliminating more of their capability gets you closer to that point. So let's go ahead and smash some more launchers. Because what's impossible to say with the regime of this sort is how much pain are they willing to bear, especially when most of the pain is borne by the people who they want to be.
Speaker 1: Martyrs for Allah?
Speaker 3: Anyway, how do you bring them to their knees per se somebody's quite sure, or but let them get a bomb? Yeah, yeah, stay tuned, We'll let you know if it happens. So touched on this earlier and thought we'd get a little more time to flesh it out.
Speaker 1: No pun intended.
Speaker 3: This article about Jeff Bezos selling is half billion dollar mega yacht and it's a five hundred million dollars floating palace, and the support ship that goes along with it is seventy five dollars.
Speaker 1: That's like the dinghy.
Speaker 3: I guess although some listener knows about support ships emailed us.
Speaker 1: I haven't read it yet, maybe it will.
Speaker 3: But what really struck me about this article is the picture of Jeff Bezos and his wife.
Speaker 1: What's her face? What's Lauren Sanchez? What's her odd face?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's the thing. She is so clearly a creation of plastic surgery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before we go on with that, we should make it clear that show policy more or less is to not criticize people's looks or things you have no control over. But if if you get operated on to look a certain way, I think it's fair game, don't you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: What's really interesting is the cultural change, which is what we're about to talk about. See, I a guy who really likes girls the way God made them grown women.
Speaker 1: I don't get it at all. But I'm not part of this set, and that's the set who wants to look surgically redone because that's one of the only ways left to signal I'm the super rich. Yeah. We talked about this a little bit earlier and now makes sense to me for the first time. Why people do this? You want it to be noticeable. I always thought, wow, how did you go one too many? You know, you got your face lift, you got this done, you got that done, but you went one too many and now you look weird. That's the point is to look surgically obviously, surgically altered, which separates you as a certain level of rich.
Speaker 3: I in the way, like a designer handbag can't anymore because there are knockoffs or secondhand or whatever. Any signal I mean, you can artificial lab grown diamonds are so I mean, even if you're a jeweler, you can't tell unless you bust out the eyeglass. And so how do you signal you're super rich? Well by getting a procedure or three that cost anywhere from one hundred thousand dollars to three hundred thousand dollars. If you've had the what you call it lyft. The other rich people can see that and realize, oh, all right, they're they're in.
Speaker 1: Our class, which is bizarre to me. And everybody's noticing.
Speaker 3: Two models in a Paris Fashion Week show for the luxury brand Unpronounceable last month caricature. The one percent by wearing prosthetics that resembled postop faces, including grotesque under eye bulges, skin.
Speaker 1: Pulled up in their temples under eye bulges. Yeah, like postop. Uh swelling. I think it gets your operation done early enough you wouldn't still be all swoll up for your runway. But okay, well it's it's a caricature, you get it that they're they're making fun of it. Ah, Okay, now I understand. Yeah, the caricature.
Speaker 3: The one percent by wearing prosthetics that resembled postop faces, including grotek undry bulges, skin pulled from their temples, and lips that appeared unnaturally inflated.
Speaker 1: And stitched at the edges.
Speaker 3: Then they name check South Park depicting Christy Nome, and from the met Gallo to the Oscars and every red carpet in between, these rich faces are everywhere. A rich face is stretched taut, often incapable of varied expressions, and plumped with filler or implants or a person's own grafted fat. I mentioned earlier that the lovely Miss Bezos there has lips that a toddler could sleep on. There so enormous she looks ridiculous to my mind, but well exactly, but not to hers.
Speaker 6: Not.
Speaker 1: If the point is you need to be ridiculous enough that it's obvious, it can't be subtle. I wonder if she's had work done. That's not what they want.
Speaker 3: To Oh, no, that would be a swing and a mess, which I think all of us have assumed for long time because this was true. You wanted subtle enough that people didn't know.
Speaker 1: That's why. You know.
Speaker 3: You know a woman who'd have little work or something like that, and she'd always say, well, I had a breathing problem with my nose or whatever, and it's fine, whatever, do whatever you want with your life.
Speaker 1: But I kept falling over backwards, so I thought to balance myself out, I would get these giant hooters.
Speaker 3: Right exactly, It's just a practical decision. They mentioned the number of times in science fiction, from The Hunger Games to Doctor Who to I remember the movie Brazil, which was a eighties dystopian classic and disturbing and good. They featured like wealthy socialites, the super rich you revel in luxury and excess, often have sculpted altered faces. But now it's among the ultra wealthy that's what they want, and they mentioned Let's say they quote plastic surgeons in Washington, DC or navigating a surgeon requests for a Mara Lago face. That's what women are asking. I want the Mara a Lago face. Today's cleverly marketed aesthetic treatments include global facial micro optimization, which involves numerous procedures to tweak everything from eyetilt to the way light reflects off the jaw and costs between one hundred and fifty thousand to three hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: The way light reflects off the jaw, Yes, there's something I've never thought about. You don't want an unlit jaw? Yeah, idiots, If I ever got work done, I would want it to be I would be in that old category of I don't want people to notice.
Speaker 3: Cause you're a sad zach poor guy. And here's where it gets even crazier. The masses want in. Millennials who say they cannot afford homes are spending money on their faces instead.
Speaker 1: Looks again, exactly.
Speaker 3: You got vogue in Allure who write articles about when not if you should get your face left, because everybody should get a facelift.
Speaker 1: I want to get my I'm gonna get my neck done at some point. I really want to. Oh you should. We've had people want us to endorse them before. Uh, we've had companies that want us, wanted us to endorse them, and we always said no in the past. I'm saying yes, now, whoever's the best out there, I'm willing to endorse your necktuck. Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, I don't I've yeah. Uh, maybe I'll skip that that discussion for now.
Speaker 1: Uh, you don't want a necktuck, you want something different. I don't want anything. What I want sunshiny day in my gal by my side. You're not looks maxing. It looks max. So is the reason people are looks like everybody's looking looks mixing, the way you just predetrade it there, it's not if, it's not when, it's not if? But when? Is that? Because everybody does the whole posting themselves online thing that's such a part of your life. Yeah, I guess, I guess.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't think about this a lot. And they mentioned going from jokes about Joan Rivers back in the day saying I've had so much plastic surgery. When I die, they'll donate my body to Tupperware. But she was ahead of her time. Procedures are a sign of making it in the most Kardashian coded way.
Speaker 1: Get rich, then buy a face. Boy, did Joan Rivers look weird at the end?
Speaker 3: Woo oh yeah, frightening children ran from her terror.
Speaker 1: One more and one more.
Speaker 3: Note social media's turbo charts the normalization of cosmetic work.
Speaker 1: One plastic surgeon said, that is gen Z patients. This is gen z folks. These are kids, you're still young. That's really, really sick. They take selfies at their appointments as if it's a concert or a get ready with Me video. They want everybody to know. It's a way to say, look what I just bought. I know a woman who got a uh what she called a mommy makeover in Mexico. She went down to Mexico to get it done, and it was like super cheap. Yeah. Yeah about the UH, I don't know about the UH. I don't know how i'd feel about when you're down there, what you know, if things go wrong, is your insurance covered? Or how do I deal with that? Since I don't speak the language and just all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, from what I've heard in the ninety percent of cases where everything goes fine, you're fine. Sure, it's that ten percent you gotta worry about it. If something went wrong, it would suck.
Speaker 1: Though you can't talk to anybody, your insurance doesn't cover it. Here's one more thing. You don't feel good enough to get back to the United States.
Speaker 3: See this is I wouldn't mind having like lots and lots of money, but the day I join like this counterculture, it'll never happen or subculture never never never never never.
Speaker 1: But here's here's how much you ear's lifted or you're I know, knees tucked or something. I don't know. Yeah, I'd like to lose twenty pounds, but who has that time. Of course, rich face has regional variations. Bravo's Real Housewives of the Upper East Side in Hampton have a settler look then their counterparts on Netflix is members only Palm Beach who dream of access to mar A Lago.
Speaker 3: So the Florida rich face is definitely more look look look than the more subtle Northeastern brand.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you the Rodeo Drive Beverly Hills face that I've seen before at the fancy shopping malls is nutty, like it's hard not to stare. Of course they want you to stare. I assume, yeah, yeah, all right, a couple more senses. This is so fascinating to me. Human beings, What are you gonna do with them?
Speaker 3: Designer bags may be silly, overpriced, and quite often unethically made, but at least there's little chance they will disfigure you.
Speaker 1: Perhaps the risk of a.
Speaker 3: Grizzly outcome is part of the appeal for the ultra wealthy to have the ability to pay for the best care, along with more treatments if things go wrong. Oh okay, The luxury of viewing your face lift less as a major, potentially ruinous surgery and more as a routine.
Speaker 1: To do list item is the ultimate status symbol.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of like, even if you could afford your own plane, you couldn't afford to operate your own plane. So this is like, maybe you can afford the surgery, but you can't afford the you know, minor tweaks or what if something went wrong?
Speaker 3: So right, oh, this Thursday, I almost forgot I'm having a face left or a three hundred thousand dollars whatever the hell it's called I'm getting the palm beef, my palm beach face redone.
Speaker 1: My mar A Lango worried about the way the light reflects off my jaw line. I keep my jaw line carefully hidden under layers of fat. So bother anyone said, nobody told steal it to night. We will finish strong. Next earlier we are going through some of the Babylon b headlines that were funny from today. Spirit Airlines announces they will tell you why they went bankrupt for an added fee of fifty dollars. We mentioned this one, which is definitely doctors confirm life after age thirty five is just endless cycle of dieting and back pain until you die. Correct, Oh, which is so true. That is funny. But then this one which actually leads us into news. Iran issues serious threat that they have a massive reserve of more serious threats and they're putting their money where their mouth is as they are firing on the UAE. Currently, the UAE has just said we reserve the right to respond. They just made that announcement like in the last ten minutes. I think they are going to respond. And even though a couple of us flagged ships got out of the straight over removes. Today Iran is fired on a British ship and a South Korean ship, and Trump just said, speaking with Fox's Trey yinst he threatened that Iran will quote be blown off the face of the earth if they attack US ships guiding vessels through the Strait of Hormuz. Blown off the face of the earth.
Speaker 3: Is a threat back to the ending and entire civilization style, big, big threats.
Speaker 1: Yes, and when we could actually do if we wanted to. I mean, yeah, we have the capability to do that. We'll see if that actually happens. I think this is the week apparently, and maybe today's the day that we go back to the war and get to talk about that, for better or worse. One other story that I wanted to bring up. Rudy Giuliani hospitalized in critical critical condition, has pneumonia, poor health, eighty one years old. You get pneumonia in your eighties and already in poor health. You never know what's going to happen. But and I'm not hoping he dies. But when Rudy Giuliani does die, and he looks like he has been on the doorstep for quite some time, will we get some sort of final reckoning of what was going on there was he always crazy and we just didn't catch on when he led America through nine to eleven. If he hadn't gotten involved with Trump when he finally died, he would have been You know, don't you wish they still made people like that, like Rudy Giuliani, You know that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it took decades for progressives in New York to re grab the reins of power because Rudy was so effective.
Speaker 1: As a conservative.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, it wasn't permanent, although I'm not sure they could have pulled it off if it were not for his.
Speaker 1: Unfortunate association with some of Trump's.
Speaker 3: More unfortunate ideas that might have gotten a de Blasio in.
Speaker 1: Well did but did he was he normal at one back in the day and then and when he hit it or did he go bad as crazy? I mean, not just because he supported Trump, but then he started saying and doing nutty nutty things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe age wasn't kind to him and he was desperate after his divorces because he was broke. I'm thinking I'll ride a pony naked into Times Square if it'll make me a grand I mean, it's just in that part of his life.
Speaker 1: Final thoughts, Strong Eddy, you get the facts. They're sharp and steady. Don't shoot fuck Eddy for more from Strong and Yet that is so good. Whoever you want, whoever you are that made that. That is really high quality. Here's your host for final thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Let's get a final thought from everybody in the crew to wrap up the show for today.
Speaker 1: Michaelangelo in the control room. Michael, what's your final thought? Well, I'm missing Katie today. Yeah, there's no one here to make us sandwiches and my.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: No, Michael, that is not accepted.
Speaker 5: I know you.
Speaker 1: They didn't think it was funny. That's a word sort of cloche. It's a good angle, Michael. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Katie's off on maternity to leave Jack.
Speaker 1: Final thought for us, Hanson, I told you it wasn't funny. Is a very clever angle. I'm gonna start doing that, Michael. Thanks, something doesn't work. I told you, Hanson, that's a bad idea. Anyway, what is my final thought? My final thought is I think the war is back and we're gonna be talking about it a lot this week. Yeah.
Speaker 3: My final thought is that Trump's approval rating on the cost of living is twenty three percent. On inflation it's twenty seven percent, and with their on it's thirty three percent. Those are cratery numbers.
Speaker 1: Can he turn them around? Price? No, no, no no no. Perhaps the war comes back, guess gets more expensive. It's gonna He's gonna be in the teens. Man. When I filled up with diesel over the weekend, I was like, Holy crap, how are people doing this? Armstrong ngetdy wraping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 3: So many people with thanks a little time go to Armstrong and Giddy dot com for your hot lings, for your am G swag, pick up a cool Ang T shirt for your favorite fan.
Speaker 1: Maybe you see you tomorrow. God bless America. I'm strong and getty the loco a little too much, docky Doc. We work together and continue to work together and to work together. Get out of here. You more on you, hear me. I haven't said a word, so stop yelling at me.
Speaker 3: So let's go out with If your brother slept with your wife totally with the Biden family and you later reconciled with him, would you name your next kid after him?
Speaker 1: But I'm trying here. I don't know that I note thank you all very much, Armstrong and Getty